760 Wicks Lane
406-238-2475
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202

Dr. Shomento was wonderful to meet with. She really took her tie with me, was very thorough, and had a warm caring personality. She also listened, was patient, and allowed me to ask all my written down questions about the lab stats, which I got from Fertility IQ. She was honest and forthcoming with her opinion of me and treatments she'd recommend, and the reasons why. It was not what I wanted to hear, but she delivered it in a direct, but respectful and kind way.
The Lab [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.... The way they billed the appointment for a visit and ultrasound, insurance didn't cover much, and My bill is around $591. I have been to other doctors, done the exact same things, and only had to pay a copay. I'm requesting they re-evaluate the appointment and see if they can code it differently for more coverage, but have not heard back.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Dr. Shomento was great. I felt she was caring, kind, a good listener, she was thorough in helping me understand my situation, and was respectful as well. I really liked her, and if the decision for where to do IVF was purely based on the doctor, and their likability, I would hands down go to her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Do your research ahead of time and come with questions. Expect to spend a good amount of time with Dr. Shomento, who will be straight forward and thorough, and take time answering your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. Shomento for a consultation. She walked me through my numbers and odds of getting pregnant naturally (not good) as well as with treatment. With only one tube, an ectopic pregnancy in my past, a low ovarian reserve, and low follicle count, she pretty much jumped right into recommending IVF as my best option to have success in becoming pregnant. She was also blunt about the odds of likely only getting one egg out of one IVF round, based on only having 7 follicles, but felt very confident that if we did get one, it should implant successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I only met with the nurse once, briefly, and have spoken ver the phone with her a couple times, She's super nice, makes you feel like you're a friend, and makes you feel like she's there for you.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Dr. Shomento and her nurse seemed excellent. They were likable, patient, good listeners, experienced, etc. The Lab seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
She suggested only doing one embryo transfer with me, which makes sense, since I am young and have a healthy uterus, and would rather not end up with twins.
Treated 2019 - 2020
the plan [with Dr. Christene McDonnell] is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following...has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed...is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care] and they've all been pleasant...One of my follow-up blood tests was completely lost. They did not even realize it until I called asking about my test results and they were unaware I had even come in to have my blood drawn...I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this tim
How was your experience with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Come prepared with questions and make sure to take lots of notes! You'll be overwhelmed with information and it's important to make note of everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed.
Describe the protocols Christene McDonnell used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
We have not been through a full cycle of treatment yet, but the plan is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits and they've all been pleasant.
I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I've only had many appointments and blood tests and haven't reached a full cycle of treatment yet. Keep in mind that costs differ depending on insurance and coverage. I'm on a high deductible plan that covers all infertility diagnostic testing and visits (so, all out of pocket costs towards my deductible), but any artificial procedures will not be covered. Doctor visits tend to be around $169/ea (before insurance) after your initial consult ($248 for 1st visit). Blood tests ranged quite a bit so I can't say for sure. HSG was $1140 (after insurance) through BDH and a separate $183 charge through Billings Clinic. I've been told each follicle scan will be around $176/ea, the IUI procedure will be $284 and sperm prep is $175, and meds will be separate. There are other costs but those are the basics.
Describe Christene McDonnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Christene McDonnell
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Milroy is wonderful. She took time to answer all my questions and even ordered extra testing for my peace of mind. She spent an hour with us during our initial consultation. Her bedside manner was warm and open. I didn't feel rushed or hurried... Initially we started with clomid and T.I. plus progesterone supplementation(my husband wanted to go slow). After 2 cycles we added a trigger shot. After 4 more cycles we went to a hybrid cycle using cloud, gonal f, trigger shot and progesterone supplementation.
Initial office visit- about 350.00 [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] Seman analysis- about 60.00...Strengths: small, intimate, organized, helpful, friendly...no real financing options to pay for treatments (other than accepting all major credit cards and having "bundle " pricing for iui, fresh transfer ivf cycle, and frozen transfer ivf cycle...The nurses are great at taking time to answer questions and always get right back to you if you have to leave a message. I dislike that the PA hasnt felt it necessary to switch my oral medication from clomid to letrazole even though I expressed concern about the number of cycles I have been on it.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Dont be afraid to ask questions or have her explain if something doesnt make sense.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Dr. Milroy was super thorough and answered all of our questions. The nurses are great at taking time to answer questions and always get right back to you if you have to leave a message. I dislike that the PA hasnt felt it necessary to switch my oral medication from clomid to letrazole even though I expressed concern about the number of cycles I have been on it.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
We started (and are still on) meds and timed intercourse. Initially we started with clomid and T.I. plus progesterone supplementation(my husband wanted to go slow). After 2 cycles we added a trigger shot. After 4 more cycles we went to a hybrid cycle using cloud, gonal f, trigger shot and progesterone supplementation. We are on another round of that regimen. The hardest struggle is if I dont produce follicles on the ovary that has a fallopian tube, we dont trigger or use the progesterone and the ovary without a tube is the one that more frequently produces follicles. Out of the last 7 cycles, we have had 3 "successful" meaning I produced follicles on the correct side- but no pregnancies yet. We can go to iui at any point per Dr. Milroy or even fast forward to IVF
The nurses are kind and sweet and take time to answer a million questions. They schedule your ultrasounds for you. They also answer messages in a timely manner, I have never had to wait more than 30-60minutes to get a return call (and usually dont have to leave a message)
Strengths: small, intimate, organized, helpful, friendly Weaknesses: small number of clients= lower rates of sucess with ART, no real financing options to pay for treatments (other than accepting all major credit cards and having "bundle " pricing for iui, fresh transfer ivf cycle, and frozen transfer ivf cycle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Initial office visit- about 350.00 Seman analysis- about 60.00 Lab results- over 500.00 Follicle ultrasound- 176.00/time Ovidrel shot- 87.00 Gonal F 300unit pen- over 250.00
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Have not had this conversation yet
No one called us with my husbands seman analysis results, I had to call for them and only spoke to the nurse about them ( I would have preferred the doctor) Also, I have done research about clomid not being effective after 6 cycles and am concerned about that but the PA seems unconcerned and didnt want to change my hybrid regiman because I am responding well to the clomid and my uterine lining has been within normal limits, though on the lower side (I asked to be put on letrazole or just injections)
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Milroy was kind and knowledgeable regarding all fertility/infertility issues and treatments. She was honest with all our questions and answered questions in a direct but gentle manner.... Diagnosis was unexplained female infertility, with a polycystic right ovary. A PCOS diagnosis was not given due to not meeting criteria for that diagnosis. The plan given to us was a first steps plan to induce ovulation with more options available if desired. Treatment plan included letrozole, trigger shots, progesterone supplement, IUI, and timed intercourse and a HSG procedure. No pregnancies were achieved with this regimen.
Everything about this clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] far exceeded expectation. The care is personal and intimate. We were never treated like number and always felt like our personal information was kept private. The staff is well educated and great at helping patients understand all information given to them.... The nursing staff in this office was exceptional. They always treated us with respect and honesty. They were available via phone and always answered our many questions with detailed answers and did not ever rush our conversations. They would return after hours phone calls promptly.
Dr. Milroy was kind and knowledgeable regarding all fertility/infertility issues and treatments. She was honest with all our questions and answered questions in a direct but gentle manner. I have recommended this physician to close friends and will continue to do so.
As with any doctor, it is important to be open and honest about everything happening in your situation. I would also encourage patients to ask a lot of questions and not feel like a burden if you need more education or help understanding.
The care given with each visit and phone call was always personal and kind. The staff and doctor were knowledgeable of my specific situation and had good understanding of the treatments and services provided
Diagnosis was unexplained female infertility, with a polycystic right ovary. A PCOS diagnosis was not given due to not meeting criteria for that diagnosis. The plan given to us was a first steps plan to induce ovulation with more options available if desired. Treatment plan included letrozole, trigger shots, progesterone supplement, IUI, and timed intercourse and a HSG procedure. No pregnancies were achieved with this regimen. Due to a personal decision, My husband and I decided not to go forward with any other recommend treatment.
Everything about this clinic far exceeded expectation. The care is personal and intimate. We were never treated like number and always felt like our personal information was kept private. The staff is well educated and great at helping patients understand all information given to them.
Some of the costs were covered by insurance, for initial visit, HSG procedure, medications. IUI was not a covered procedure, I do not recall the out of pocket costs associated.
Billings
On our first meeting she [Dr. Milroy] and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.... She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost.
Billings Clinic is great, I just wished they helped more with infertility financing or some sort of payment plan. As a couple who wants a family, but has a hard time paying for multiple IVF treatments you would hope that they would be able to help you or point you in a direction that can help. We were just told to look on the internet or google it. They are always very clean and professional. They have very up to date equipment.
She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost. She has made everything so far go wonderful and we are hopeful she will help us get pregnant!
Don’t plan on waiting hours, they are the most prompt office I have ever been too! She will also spend as much time as you need!
On our first meeting she and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.
They only have 2 nurses- so they get to know you well! They are always there to call and answer your questions. No question is too small or dumb. They are happy to be there and listen.
Approximately $16,000 for workup, egg retrieval and embryo makeup. $2,00-$5,000 for medications, $1,000 for initial visit, blood work and ultra sound/mach transfer.
Dr. Milroy is leans more on the side of eSET- it all depends on what grades your embryos get, but she would rather you have 1 healthy baby and come back in a year to get pregnant with another healthy baby.
Billings
I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor [Dr. Stacy Shomento] thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts... Dr. Shomento was always very professional and took the time to explain everything. She was very matter of fact about what she thought our best course of action would be for conceiving. She provided me with her cell phone number in case any questions arose during treatment and the clinic was not open
Clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in... Medications for stimulation alone cost about $5000, $10000 for egg retrieval and all the ultrasounds performed beforehand. Will pay another $3500 for frozen transfer. Also had to travel 3 hours for apts and still receiving bills for lab draws.
Both doctor shomento and her nurses always treated me with kindness and were always available for support or to answer questions.
I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts
Julia and Jessica are awesome nurses and always had a smiling face and made everything a little bit easier.
Clinic shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in.
Planned fet for November 2018 doctor Shomento plans to transfer 1 embryo due to my age and overall health but did give option of 2. Dr prefers to do just 1 as to avoid the risks of a multiple pregnancy.
Mailed my initial consult paperwork back to the clinic but they never received. We were early enough for our apt and the receptionist helpful enough to get everything done with no problems.
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
The staff is better than the clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care]. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
Shomento treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty.
Why isn't she your doctor yet?
Shomento knows each patient individually and designs treatment around your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Estrada)
Jessica was the best! She is sadly not with the clinic any longer, but she was literally the best part of going to each appointment there.
The staff is better than the clinic. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic.
13,500 for IVF
Treated 2016
[Dr. Colleen Milroy] is a strong communicator and excels at explaining procedures, timelines, and expectations. She is understanding and caring. Dr. Milroy is realistic and evidence based in her outlook regarding unexplained infertility. She helped us regarding our decisions that were influenced by financial limitations and lack of insurance coverage. We continue to work with Dr. Milroy and are thankful to have her as our provider...
25,000 per IVF cycle with PGS testing [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care]...The strengths of the clinic include good access to provider and nursing team. Great communication throughout the process and ample support. Weaknesses: Unfortunately in Montana IVF cycles only occur every other month...Nursing team is excellence. Easy and efficient to communicate with the nursing team. Great level of knowledge, support, and understanding.
Dr. Milroy is a strong communicator and excels at explaining procedures, timelines, and expectations. She is understanding and caring. Dr. Milroy is realistic and evidence based in her outlook regarding unexplained infertility. She helped us regarding our decisions that were influenced by financial limitations and lack of insurance coverage. We continue to work with Dr. Milroy and are thankful to have her as our provider.
25,000 per IVF cycle with PGS testing