Billings
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202

Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI...She didn’t care to explain anything to me or answer my questions. I asked what I could do naturally to level my hormones and I didn’t get a real answer. She just told me to continue taking Metformin and when I have enough money we will do an IUI.
Just the IUI alone [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications...They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Strengths would be her doing this most of her career. Weakness would be what I said on the last page, she didn’t care to answer my questions or concerns. She wanted me to continue with Metformin and do an IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Don’t give up. If you have a question, keep asking it until it is answered!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
They had put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was so sweet and kind and so warm. She really is the reason I kept going back.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
It’s expensive for the treatment you get. Especially when paying out of pocket. They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Expensive! Just the IUI alone would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
When calling I wouldn’t get a response until about 3 days later.
Bozeman
Stacy [Shomento] was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision....We did a retrieval in January and used a variety of medications from Lupron and Follistim to HCG. I responded very well to the drugs. We retrieved 18 follicles and had to do a frozen cycle because of a polyp that formed.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med] and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience....On several occasions I experienced issues with lab orders or ultrasound orders being received by the individuals undertaking them....Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much
Stacy was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision.
Try not to sell things so much (hubby’s comment)
She was down to earth and clearly explained things
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Anicee)
Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much of her time if you asked questions. She also did not know my chart or what I had or had not done when it came to consent forms which was frustrating. Bloodwork sometimes was hard to get whether it be at my facility or by the staff ordering it.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience.
The costs were $13,500 which did not include the meds or labs.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Dr preferred quality over quantity.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Shomento is professional, knowledgable, and clearly has a passion for the subject. I feel like she's on my side, and presents facts as clearly as possible. She takes time to help me understand, and provides staff to help further when necessary. She has never mislead me about the odds, and I love how faithful she is to real science. It's refreshing...very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible.
The clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too...Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me...excellent nursing staff
Dr. Shomento is very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible. More importantly, she has an excellent nursing staff that complements her strengths and weaknesses, providing an excellent experience overall. Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Julia and Jess are wonderful. They are accessible, honest, and compassionate. They take time to explain, and don't get tired of questions. I can call or email them anytime and always get a timely response. I don't think I could have gotten this far without them.
The clinic was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too. I didn't have as much exposure to her as the others so I have less to say.
15,000, not including medications.
Treated 2017
Dr. Shomento is very easy to talk to, and understand the frustrations that come with infertility. She was never rushed when we were meeting with her, as she took the time to answer all of our questions.... I did three IUI's with Dr. Shomento. I am not located in Bozeman, so before the IUI's I was able to do a lot of the prep work in Helena. I received all of my injections through a mail order pharmacy, and filled other medications locally.
The clinic [Billings Clinic- Bozeman] was great to work with for scheduling and appointments. The only issue we has was with one billing cycle, and that occurred because the clinic updated to a new billing system. The staff worked willingly with us to resolve this issue.... The primary nurse that we worked with was Jess. She was quick to call me back when I had questions or was ready to begin the process for IUI. She makes you feel very comfortable and has a great personality.
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have or express how you are feeling.
She was very thorough with us and took the time to answer all of our questions.
I did three IUI's with Dr. Shomento. I am not located in Bozeman, so before the IUI's I was able to do a lot of the prep work in Helena. I received all of my injections through a mail order pharmacy, and filled other medications locally. We ended up not getting pregnant during our three IUI's.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jess)
The clinic was great to work with for scheduling and appointments. The only issue we has was with one billing cycle, and that occurred because the clinic updated to a new billing system. The staff worked willingly with us to resolve this issue.
Between everything that I had to have done for an IUI - medications, ultrasounds, and IUI, we were paying between $700-$800 out of pocket. Our insurance did not cover anything.
Dr. Shomento recommends doing three IUI's and if you do not get pregnant, looking into IVF.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Shomento makes a point to make a personal connection. She makes all follow up ohone calls and texts directly with the patient...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could. She is compassionate, positive, and knowledable. She explains everything thoroughly, and if you ever have a question, she welcomes you to call or text her personal cell phone. She responds quickly and with care.
[Costs at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] $3500 frozen embryo transfer...$13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications...I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could.
Just fo see her! Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is patient and makes sure you have a clear understanding off her answer.
25 units Lupron 2x a day 300 ml Follistim 150 ml Menopur Also used testosterone, ganirelix, clomid
Not much to say except I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal.
$3500 frozen embryo transfer $13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Shomento has been great to work with so far. She makes you feel as if you are her only patient and gives you the time that you need when you are in an appointment with her. She explains things very clearly and thoroughly...makes the hardship of IVF a little bit easier to deal with. She tells you the important thing you need to know and what the outcomes could eventually end up to be, but she is their for you throughout the whole process
This clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care] is great for getting you back into your appointment on time without having to wait. The blood draw and ultrasound appointments were quick in and out early in the morning, so I did not have to miss much time at wok Also the nurses returned your messages in a timely matter...[nurses are] Very pleasant and helpful...IVF-13,500, Medications-$3900, Consults $400-$800, Labs both husband and I $1700
Dr. Shomento has been great to work with so far. She makes you feel as if you are her only patient and gives you the time that you need when you are in an appointment with her. She explains things very clearly and thoroughly. Her PA and nurses have also been great to work with. They are easy to communicate with and have been very helpful when I have needed them.
Dr. Shomento makes the hardship of IVF a little bit easier to deal with. She tells you the important thing you need to know and what the outcomes could eventually end up to be, but she is their for you throughout the whole process
Dr. Shomento took her time with us to answer all of our questions (a lot of questions!) and answer them clearly so both my husband and I understood everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Very pleasant and helpful
This clinic is great for getting you back into your appointment on time without having to wait. The blood draw and ultrasound appointments were quick in and out early in the morning, so I did not have to miss much time at wok Also the nurses returned your messages in a timely matter.
For me and my husband she would only allow one embryo transfer at a time
Bozeman
I had a 45 minute consolation where she [Dr. Shomento] explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies...She never acts like she is too busy to take a question from you and gets back to you really fast. I feel as if she 100% cares about everyone in her care and goes out of her way to assist you in what ever you need...It was suggested to only transfer one embryo but would allow 2 but strongly recommends against it
The resources are limited and everyone in the area must travel to the main hospital in Billings Montana on retrieval day. The number of patients that the clinic is allowed to treat at one time is limited and the frequency of the cycles is also limited. If for some reason your cycle is canceled, then you will be waiting months to start again...Jess [nurse] was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
None, shes a great doctor!
I had a 45 minute consolation where she explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies.
i do not remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Estrada)
Jess was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
$14500 plus medications
Bozeman
Overall, I have had a positive experience with Dr. Shomento. (Our journey is not over yet. We will continue on with her for our surrogacy journey.) She explained everything and was directive in her protocol for us. I've appreciated that she has a very positive and reassuring attitude.... She has a very strong view on eSET and does not promote multiple embryo transfers... Dr. Shomento and her staff have listened to my concerns and have stayed positive about my process and results. They will explain things when I ask.
[Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertiliy Care's] Strengths: Very friendly and personable. Made me feel like a human. Good at explaining things and answering questions. They definitely have a system and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: I think it would be helpful if they created a document that outlines the process and how long to expect between things for IVF/surrogacy newbies. It's usually a lot of information to take in at each appointment, so it would be helpful to have some kind of timeline/process documentation.
Make sure to take notes and ask all your questions.
I did IVF
Everyone was very friendly and supportive!
$16K for a surrogacy IVF journey
Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Shomento] took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable...She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments....First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination. Then i han laproscopy/hystroscopy by another doctor in my town. Our final treatment I was on Clomid, follistem and ovidril
The clinic [Billings Clinic ] was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable...We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high....One appointment they forgot to tell the lab we were coming so they wouldn't let my husband "make his deposit"...[Nursing Staff] Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them...First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination.
She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments. I don't know what else to say. It sucks and I cry a lot
She's amazing. But IUI is a gamble
She took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable
Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them
The clinic was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable. I really don't knoknow what else to say. We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high.
4 failed IUIS. One appointment they forgot to tell the lab we were coming so they wouldn't let my husband "make his deposit"
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
The staff is better than the clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care]. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
Shomento treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty.
Why isn't she your doctor yet?
Shomento knows each patient individually and designs treatment around your needs.
Jessica was the best! She is sadly not with the clinic any longer, but she was literally the best part of going to each appointment there.
The staff is better than the clinic. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic.
13,500 for IVF
Treated 2016
I could feel that she [Dr. Shomento] sincerely cared about me and my infertility... I only saw her for a short period but she did a lot for me in that time. She found my endometriosis and preferred my first surgery to remove it. She was compassionate about the journey we had been one. I could tell she had my body are a priority to her and the healing of it.... I felt very cared for. I felt safe. I knew I was being treated by professionals who had experience and knew what they were doing. I would happily return to this doctor if I were still in the area. The whole experience was accommodating.
They [Billings Clinic Nursing Staff] were all very professional and caring... I felt very cared for. I felt safe. I knew I was being treated by professionals who had experience and knew what they were doing. I would happily return to this doctor if I were still in the area. The whole experience was accommodating.... I only saw her [Dr. Shomento] for a short period but she did a lot for me in that time. She found my endometriosis and preferred my first surgery to remove it.
I could feel that she sincerely cared about me and my infertility
They were all very professional and caring