760 Wicks Lane
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202

Treated 2019 - 2020
the plan [with Dr. Christene McDonnell] is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following...has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed...is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care] and they've all been pleasant...One of my follow-up blood tests was completely lost. They did not even realize it until I called asking about my test results and they were unaware I had even come in to have my blood drawn...I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this tim
How was your experience with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Come prepared with questions and make sure to take lots of notes! You'll be overwhelmed with information and it's important to make note of everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed.
Describe the protocols Christene McDonnell used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
We have not been through a full cycle of treatment yet, but the plan is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits and they've all been pleasant.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I've only had many appointments and blood tests and haven't reached a full cycle of treatment yet. Keep in mind that costs differ depending on insurance and coverage. I'm on a high deductible plan that covers all infertility diagnostic testing and visits (so, all out of pocket costs towards my deductible), but any artificial procedures will not be covered. Doctor visits tend to be around $169/ea (before insurance) after your initial consult ($248 for 1st visit). Blood tests ranged quite a bit so I can't say for sure. HSG was $1140 (after insurance) through BDH and a separate $183 charge through Billings Clinic. I've been told each follicle scan will be around $176/ea, the IUI procedure will be $284 and sperm prep is $175, and meds will be separate. There are other costs but those are the basics.
Describe Christene McDonnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Christene McDonnell
Bozeman
On my first appointment, Dr. Shomento asked me about my profession and on follow up appointments, not only did we discuss my infertility in depth but we discussed mountain biking and hiking...She is research oriented and was able to back up everything she stated with statistics. In any appointment or phone conversation she made sure I always left feeling comfortable with the plan and knowledgable regarding the situation...responds well to her patients being well informed. If you ask in-depth questions and come prepared you will get a lot out of your appointments.
It is important to know that IVF cycles [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] occur about every 6 weeks. Therefore, at times you might need to wait to do an egg retrieval or transfer. They fly embryologists into MT and therefore all cycles are medicated...[staff] always met me and my partner where we were at and always went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and well informed. 100% a person and never a number...[nurses are] Warm, caring, compassionate, and knowledgable. Anicee and Tanna could not be any better. They are excellent communicators and are super responsive. If they do not know an answer to something they always check with the doctors and get back to you ASAP.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
I believe knowledge is power. I came to my initial consult with Dr. Shomento well informed regarding my infertility journey. I also consider myself a very direct individual. That being said, Dr. Shomento is also a direct (a warm supportive type of directness) and well informed (obviously more than me in RE :) individual. That being said, our personalities fit very well. Dr. Shomento is a straight shooter and you never question where you stand in regards to success of treatment and possible barriers. I showed up to my initial consult with a full fertility work up, HSG, and 6 months of Clomid/Letrozole/IUI's with my OBGYN. In my initial consult, Dr. Shomento had a well thought out plan and was so thorough she answered 90% of my questions before I could ask them. She is research oriented and was able to back up everything she stated with statistics. In any appointment or phone conversation she made sure I always left feeling comfortable with the plan and knowledgable regarding the situation. Overall, Dr. Shomento always made me feel comfortable and knowledgable regarding my treatment. Daily questions and updates were done with the nurses but anything big and/or difficult to discuss was always done with Dr. Shomento.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Infertility is strenuous both physically and emotionally. In regards to any RE make sure you pick one that is up to date on current research but also one that you connect with and feel comfortable being yourself around. For me that worked with Dr. Shomento. She is kind and compassionate and responds well to her patients being well informed. If you ask in-depth questions and come prepared you will get a lot out of your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Dr. Shomento, Anicee, Tanna, and Christina are a loving and supportive group of individuals. On my first appointment, Dr. Shomento asked me about my profession and on follow up appointments, not only did we discuss my infertility in depth but we discussed mountain biking and hiking .Furthermore, Anicee and Tanna were super responsive and returned emails or telephone calls within hours. While Christina shared a personal story of her and Dr. Shomento, to make me feel at ease and validated after I went through a rough procedure. Once, I was pregnant and released from Dr. Shomento's office I was told to PLEASE text bump pictures and baby pictures to Dr. Shomento and Christina's cell phones as the excitement for me was truly shared by all! Overall, these women always met me and my partner where we were at and always went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and well informed. 100% a person and never a number.
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I did one round of IVF with Dr. Shomento. Egg retrieval was the antagonist protocol. At first my eggs were not developing as quickly as they would have liked so Dr. Shomento increased my medication and things corrected. Dr. Shomento noted no need to do PGS testing (due to my age) but I'm paranoid so I did it anyway. Dr. Shomento was right and all embryo's were genetically normal. I also opted to do Endometrial Receptivity test, and was pre-receptive and was recommended to do one more day of medication before my frozen embryo transfer. FET was recommended due to success rates increase and PGS testing. A saline sonogram was also completed. I live in Wyoming and therefore, many of the monitoring and saline sonogram was done by my OBGYN in coordination with Dr. Shomento. Dr. Shomento's flexibility in working with my OBGYN was helpful in reducing travel. Due to the quality of my embryo as well as age I was recommended to transfer one embryo, which took and I am now pregnant.
Strengths: knowledgable, caring, compassionate, and real people. Weaknesses: I traveled for IVF and did not always have all my appointments in Dr. Shomento's office. Some of my appointments were with my OBGYN and I relied on phone conversations with Dr. Shomento or the nurses for updates. On a few occassions miscommunications occurred which could have altered what I wanted such as PGS testing versus no PGS testing. However, in the end such things were always caught and quickly corrected. I'm not sure how such things could have been avoided but due to the constant contact with nurses/doctors during IVF things always seemed to work out. It is important to know that IVF cycles occur about every 6 weeks. Therefore, at times you might need to wait to do an egg retrieval or transfer. They fly embryologists into MT and therefore all cycles are medicated. I was upset about this at first but in the end with everything I opted to do it would have likely taken 5 months to complete the IVF process anywhere.....
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
$15,000.00 for IVF cycle (egg-retrieval, monitoring, and transfer) $6,500 (Medication) $1,375.00 (PGS testing) $600.00 (ERA Biopsy) $1000.00 (outside OBGYN appointments for monitoring etc) (such appointments are not necessary and covered under IVF cycle if you live in MT)
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
In my opinion, Dr. Somento's statement of "one happy healthy baby"... is a great thought process. More babies = more stress on the mother, marriage, and finances. If it works for you to have eSET then overall its the safest option, in my opinion.
Treated 2016 - 2019
I would recommend Dr. Milroy to anyone going through fertility treatment. I always felt like a priority, and I felt that throughout the course of my treatments that my best interests were in mind. She is very knowledgeable and confident in the medical aspect of all fertility treatments. ... Since I only had one embryo available, an ERA test was recommended. I did the test and the result showed that my lining was pre-receptive, so for my FET, 6 days of progesterone in ethyl oleate were used.
One thing I wish that the clinic [Billings Clinic Repro Med] focused more on is the use of supplements and the impact lifestyle and diet can have on the outcome of certain treatments. ... The clinic was very good at explaining the financial details and there were no surprises in any of the costs associated with treatment. There were a few times recently that invoices did not get billed through my insurance, so I had to call and have it run, but things were always taken care of.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
I would recommend Dr. Milroy to anyone going through fertility treatment. I always felt like a priority, and I felt that throughout the course of my treatments that my best interests were in mind. She is very knowledgeable and confident in the medical aspect of all fertility treatments. She is great at explaining in detail every step of a particular treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Ask questions and learn as much as you can about the treatments that you are going through and what options are available because she will tell you everything you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
I felt like a human because my doctor always knew exactly who I was and what my situation was. Every time I came in, she was always knowledgeable about my individual case, instead of having to look in my chart to remember things. Phone calls and emails were always returned quickly, and I also received phone calls during cycles in a timely fashion.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
IVF cycle: stimulation with Follistim and Menopur. Follicles slow to respond, so dosage of menopur was increased. Ganirelix was added from day 10 to day 14. Total stimulation days was 14, which resulted in a freeze all cycle. Double trigger was used (Novarel and Lupron). 13 eggs were retrieved, 11 mature, 6 eggs fertilized the traditional way (3 took), 5 eggs fertilized with ICSI (5 took). By day 3, all but one embryo survived, but all were very fragmented. By day 6 only one embryo had made it to freeze. Since I only had one embryo available, an ERA test was recommended. I did the test and the result showed that my lining was pre-receptive, so for my FET, 6 days of progesterone in ethyl oleate were used. During the ERA cycle, I found that I had a reaction to the Progesterone in sesame oil, so the compound was changed. My FET resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
I cannot say enough about the nurses at this clinic. They are some of the most caring people I have ever met. They take everything seriously and always made me feel comfortable and well informed. All phone calls were returned quickly. I received prompt phone calls with updates from my cycles. I also was able to email them with any questions, which were returned quickly. I always felt like they genuinely cared about me as a patient.
The clinic was very good at explaining the financial details and there were no surprises in any of the costs associated with treatment. There were a few times recently that invoices did not get billed through my insurance, so I had to call and have it run, but things were always taken care of. One thing I wish that the clinic focused more on is the use of supplements and the impact lifestyle and diet can have on the outcome of certain treatments. Several times I asked about things that I could do to possibly help the outcome of treatments and was always told that there was nothing that I could do to change anything. They may not have been wrong, but it went against other research that I had found, so it was a little confusing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
The cost of my IVF cycle was $13,500, which included everything except for meds, which were an additional $3-4,000.
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
My doctor usually only transfers one embryo at a time, but will make exceptions based on what the patient wants and their individual case.
Billings
I feel like Dr. Shomento cares about me and my partner, and she wants our treatments to work out. I think she works very hard. She is kind and professional and explains things very well....She gave us hope - meeting with her was the first time we could breathe it felt like in months....Dr. Shomento and her staff are the kindest medical professionals I have ever encountered - that first visit is scary for anyone facing infertility to make, BUT - its the best decision I ever made.
The nursing staff [Billings Clinic] are wonderful. When I had a question and had to leave a voicemail, they always got back to me the same day.... Their financial coordinator was fine and perfectly helpful. They have a good online platform where you can see your scheduled appointments and other info, and that was nice.... IUI was about $1,500 per cycle. IVF was $20,000, with medications. Our insurance didn't cover anything, and we are lucky that we can afford it.
Dr. Shomento is an absolute blessing. We are lucky to have her here in Montana - especially because there aren't a lot of options when it comes to fertility care in our rural area, yet I consider her to be the very best. I would feel lucky to be her patient even if I were in a big city and had dozens of doctors to choose from! I feel like Dr. Shomento cares about me and my partner, and she wants our treatments to work out. I think she works very hard. She is kind and professional and explains things very well.
Please, just go see her sooner rather than later! We were terrified of seeking out treatment by an expert - and we wasted a lot of time (and money) trying to figure things out with my regular OBGYN (especially because we have "unexplained" infertility). Infertility really does require a specialized skill set and tool box - and its something that I have been surprised that regular OBGYNS and GPs seemingly know next to nothing about. Dr. Shomento and her staff are the kindest medical professionals I have ever encountered - that first visit is scary for anyone facing infertility to make, BUT - its the best decision I ever made. Infertility is the hardest and most painful thing I've ever gone though, and you basically have to go through it feeling pretty isolated and scared and feeling constantly like a failure - but both my husband and I felt like we finally had someone to help us when we first met with Dr. Shomento. She gave us hope - meeting with her was the first time we could breathe it felt like in months. Even though I have been going though all kinds of treatment and surgeries since that first visit with her - NOTHING has been as hard as desperately treading water (and being heartbroken month after month after month) for the years before we had help and a plan. I love Dr. Shomento and her staff and can't recommend them enough.
Dr Shomento and her staff are very kind and caring. I always felt like they felt my treatment was important to them.
Clomid IUI, IVF, hysteroscopy
The nursing staff are wonderful. When I had a question and had to leave a voicemail, they always got back to me the same day.
I haven't had a lot of interaction with the clinic, really. Their financial coordinator was fine and perfectly helpful. They have a good online platform where you can see your scheduled appointments and other info, and that was nice.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Milroy] has great bedside manner and a welcoming personality. She seems confident that we will be great candidates for DE IVF. She takes time to explain everything to me, and has come up with a wonderful treatment plan for my condition. She has broken things down for me on a real levels made things easy to understand. I'm eager to get started on choosing a donor!... because I have autoimmune disease, she will use a protocol with Plaquenil.
The clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] isn't the prettiest, or biggest but I trust the medical team there. I consulted with a very large clinic in Portland OR years ago and honestly I just felt like a number there. I dont feel like a number at Billings Clinic.... They always answer the phone, and if they cant get to it, they are quick to reply! They also try their best to answer all of my questions.
She has great bedside manner and a welcoming personality. She seems confident that we will be great candidates for DE IVF. She takes time to explain everything to me, and has come up with a wonderful treatment plan for my condition. She has broken things down for me on a real levels made things easy to understand. I'm eager to get started on choosing a donor!
Take a list of questions, and schedule a consult! I dont see how anyone would feel uncomfortable around Dr. Milroy.
I have been to clinics where I felt like a number, and believe me I can tell the difference. I know what my infertility problem is, it is a medical condition. Dr. Milroy is treating my medical condition as well, and when we're ready and choose our donor we will choose her to get us pregnant!
We havent been able to start yet, but because I have autoimmune disease, she will use a protocol with Plaquenil. We will need to find an egg donor first. I also know they use ICSI.
The clinic isn't the prettiest, or biggest but I trust the medical team there. I consulted with a very large clinic in Portland OR years ago and honestly I just felt like a number there. I dont feel like a number at Billings Clinic.
My costs will be roughly 21-25k
We chatted about transfering one or more and she stated for me, they would transfer one. I am under 40 and have not yet experienced losses.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Milroy is wonderful. She took time to answer all my questions and even ordered extra testing for my peace of mind. She spent an hour with us during our initial consultation. Her bedside manner was warm and open. I didn't feel rushed or hurried... Initially we started with clomid and T.I. plus progesterone supplementation(my husband wanted to go slow). After 2 cycles we added a trigger shot. After 4 more cycles we went to a hybrid cycle using cloud, gonal f, trigger shot and progesterone supplementation.
Initial office visit- about 350.00 [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] Seman analysis- about 60.00...Strengths: small, intimate, organized, helpful, friendly...no real financing options to pay for treatments (other than accepting all major credit cards and having "bundle " pricing for iui, fresh transfer ivf cycle, and frozen transfer ivf cycle...The nurses are great at taking time to answer questions and always get right back to you if you have to leave a message. I dislike that the PA hasnt felt it necessary to switch my oral medication from clomid to letrazole even though I expressed concern about the number of cycles I have been on it.
Dont be afraid to ask questions or have her explain if something doesnt make sense.
Dr. Milroy was super thorough and answered all of our questions. The nurses are great at taking time to answer questions and always get right back to you if you have to leave a message. I dislike that the PA hasnt felt it necessary to switch my oral medication from clomid to letrazole even though I expressed concern about the number of cycles I have been on it.
We started (and are still on) meds and timed intercourse. Initially we started with clomid and T.I. plus progesterone supplementation(my husband wanted to go slow). After 2 cycles we added a trigger shot. After 4 more cycles we went to a hybrid cycle using cloud, gonal f, trigger shot and progesterone supplementation. We are on another round of that regimen. The hardest struggle is if I dont produce follicles on the ovary that has a fallopian tube, we dont trigger or use the progesterone and the ovary without a tube is the one that more frequently produces follicles. Out of the last 7 cycles, we have had 3 "successful" meaning I produced follicles on the correct side- but no pregnancies yet. We can go to iui at any point per Dr. Milroy or even fast forward to IVF
The nurses are kind and sweet and take time to answer a million questions. They schedule your ultrasounds for you. They also answer messages in a timely manner, I have never had to wait more than 30-60minutes to get a return call (and usually dont have to leave a message)
Strengths: small, intimate, organized, helpful, friendly Weaknesses: small number of clients= lower rates of sucess with ART, no real financing options to pay for treatments (other than accepting all major credit cards and having "bundle " pricing for iui, fresh transfer ivf cycle, and frozen transfer ivf cycle
Initial office visit- about 350.00 Seman analysis- about 60.00 Lab results- over 500.00 Follicle ultrasound- 176.00/time Ovidrel shot- 87.00 Gonal F 300unit pen- over 250.00
Have not had this conversation yet
No one called us with my husbands seman analysis results, I had to call for them and only spoke to the nurse about them ( I would have preferred the doctor) Also, I have done research about clomid not being effective after 6 cycles and am concerned about that but the PA seems unconcerned and didnt want to change my hybrid regiman because I am responding well to the clomid and my uterine lining has been within normal limits, though on the lower side (I asked to be put on letrazole or just injections)
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Milroy] was very open and honest with us about my lab results and even took some updated blood work because it had been 6 months. She told us right way about the devastating news that my blood work showed I was producing eggs at a 40 year old or older. This blood work let me tell you was the SAME blood work that was taken 6 plus months prior from my OBGYN who told us that everything was ok!! I'm very thankful that we found Dr. Milroy and was able to move forward with the right treatment. We tried 2 IUIs with injectables with Milroy even though she was open with us about the low percentage of it working. We are now waiting for IVF in June. We have had a great experience so far and I know it will continue throughout our journey.
The injectable medication for the first IUI [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] was around $800 and the rest (procedure, blood work and ultrasounds was around $1000) I had two IUIs done. I just started IVF and the medication I just purchased was $5,142.52...the cost [for IVF] would be around $13,000...You don't have to wait on hold when trying to speak to a nurse, no lines when checking in, and they treat you like an individual. There is about 3 nurses at his clinic and each one is up to date on what is going. They also have a specific billing person who gets back to your questions ASAP.
When we first walked into the Dr. Milroy's office my husband and I didn't expect to get the answer we received that day. We had been going to my OBGYN who was there for our first pregnancy for almost a year prior before moving on to Dr. Milroy. While visiting with Dr. Milroy she started by going over all the factors that consider you in the category for infertility.. She was very open and honest with us about my lab results and even took some updated blood work because it had been 6 months. She told us right way about the devastating news that my blood work showed I was producing eggs at a 40 year old or older. This blood work let me tell you was the SAME blood work that was taken 6 plus months prior from my OBGYN who told us that everything was ok!! I'm very thankful that we found Dr. Milroy and was able to move forward with the right treatment. We tried 2 IUIs with injectables with Milroy even though she was open with us about the low percentage of it working. We are now waiting for IVF in June. We have had a great experience so far and I know it will continue throughout our journey.
That from day one she handwrites, draws pictures whatever it takes to explain the factors that determine your results to be in the category of infertility. She also gave me advice of some medicine to help me keep the eggs I do have left healthy. Dr. Milroy also keeps everything very positive but is also very open and honest about percentages and treatment that is BEST for YOU!
I felt like a human because they got to know us on a personal level! When we call all we have to do is give them our name and they know exactly who we are. We can call at anytime and ask even the silliest of questions. There is no judgement they are there to support to us. So far it has been a great experience.
From my first visit up until now she recommend me take 1.5 mg of DHEA, 800 mg CoQ10, myo-inositol and a multi vitamin (to keep my eggs healthy). For my first IUI I was doing a shot at night of 75 follistim up until the point of needing the trigger shot. I was also given several ultrasounds and blood work to monitor the growth of the eggs. The same thing happened for my 2nd IUI but they increased my follistim to 100.
They are all wonderful! When I talked earlier about being able to call and they know you by name that is who I was speaking about. I think the best part is they don't rush you at your visits either. If we have questions and concerns they are all very knowable. I leave the room feeling like my questions were answered and they make you feel like it's ok to ask questions to seek whatever answers you need.
The injectable medication for the first IUI was around $800 and the rest (procedure, blood work and ultrasounds was around $1000) I had two IUIs done. I just started IVF and the medication I just purchased was $5,142.52. I won't be doing IVF until June but they told me the cost would be around $13,000.
I have not done any transfers yet.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Our first IVF cycle [with Dr. Colleen Milroy] was pretty standard from what I understand. We retrieved 20 eggs and I stimmed beautifully but we lost all embryos. Our plan has changed for round 2 a lot and has encompassed 3 additional months of prep work for both myself and husband. Our hope is to overcome egg health, sperm health and sperm binding issues...She is genuine in everything from her explanation of what is happening or going to happen up to her presence and smile. I never feel like she is padding an answer to save my feelings but is delivering good or bad news with compassion and heart. I can't imagine being this comfortable on this journey with any other provider.
Our first IVF cycle [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] was pretty standard from what I understand. We retrieved 20 eggs and I stimmed beautifully but we lost all embryos...All of the nurses we have talked to or met were wonderful. Each one answered any questions or concerns in full detail and even addressed them again when I inevitably called again...and again...Egg retrieval was around $11,000. Medication was around $5,500 with our specialty pharmacy...I understand the reasonings behind the single embryo transfer and the office explained it in totality...
Dr. Milroy is absolutely amazing on every level. She is genuine in everything from her explanation of what is happening or going to happen up to her presence and smile. I never feel like she is padding an answer to save my feelings but is delivering good or bad news with compassion and heart. I can't imagine being this comfortable on this journey with any other provider.
Be honest, ask questions and take home her drawings for future reference.
The whole office knows my name and never has to ask for an account number or date of birth to look me up. They just know it's me and ask personal questions - "How are you?" "How's the business going?" ect. We also share book recommendations on the regular so it's a pretty neat relationship above all the medical stuff we have to deal with!
Our first IVF cycle was pretty standard from what I understand. We retrieved 20 eggs and I stimmed beautifully but we lost all embryos. Our plan has changed for round 2 a lot and has encompassed 3 additional months of prep work for both myself and husband. Our hope is to overcome egg health, sperm health and sperm binding issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey, Darcy)
All of the nurses we have talked to or met were wonderful. Each one answered any questions or concerns in full detail and even addressed them again when I inevitably called again...and again... They grieved with me, raised the happiness in the room and support each of our decisions and concerns.
I have absolutely no complaints with any of the facilities we have used in reference to our fertility journey. My family attended my egg retrieval to watch our 2 year old and they found it inviting and helpful in entertaining him. They communicate well from the financial department (CJ) to the nurses to the doctor and even the check in office.
Egg retrieval was around $11,000. Medication was around $5,500 with our specialty pharmacy. I never made it to the transfer stage but I am told that will be $3,500 out of pocket and $500 for medication.
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI...She didn’t care to explain anything to me or answer my questions. I asked what I could do naturally to level my hormones and I didn’t get a real answer. She just told me to continue taking Metformin and when I have enough money we will do an IUI.
Just the IUI alone [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications...They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Strengths would be her doing this most of her career. Weakness would be what I said on the last page, she didn’t care to answer my questions or concerns. She wanted me to continue with Metformin and do an IUI.
Don’t give up. If you have a question, keep asking it until it is answered!
They had put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was so sweet and kind and so warm. She really is the reason I kept going back.
It’s expensive for the treatment you get. Especially when paying out of pocket. They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Expensive! Just the IUI alone would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications
When calling I wouldn’t get a response until about 3 days later.
Bozeman
Stacy [Shomento] was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision....We did a retrieval in January and used a variety of medications from Lupron and Follistim to HCG. I responded very well to the drugs. We retrieved 18 follicles and had to do a frozen cycle because of a polyp that formed.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med] and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience....On several occasions I experienced issues with lab orders or ultrasound orders being received by the individuals undertaking them....Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much
Stacy was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision.
Try not to sell things so much (hubby’s comment)
She was down to earth and clearly explained things
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Anicee)
Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much of her time if you asked questions. She also did not know my chart or what I had or had not done when it came to consent forms which was frustrating. Bloodwork sometimes was hard to get whether it be at my facility or by the staff ordering it.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience.
The costs were $13,500 which did not include the meds or labs.
Dr preferred quality over quantity.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Shomento makes a point to make a personal connection. She makes all follow up ohone calls and texts directly with the patient...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could. She is compassionate, positive, and knowledable. She explains everything thoroughly, and if you ever have a question, she welcomes you to call or text her personal cell phone. She responds quickly and with care.
[Costs at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] $3500 frozen embryo transfer...$13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications...I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could.
Just fo see her! Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is patient and makes sure you have a clear understanding off her answer.
25 units Lupron 2x a day 300 ml Follistim 150 ml Menopur Also used testosterone, ganirelix, clomid
Not much to say except I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal.
$3500 frozen embryo transfer $13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Shomento has been great to work with so far. She makes you feel as if you are her only patient and gives you the time that you need when you are in an appointment with her. She explains things very clearly and thoroughly...makes the hardship of IVF a little bit easier to deal with. She tells you the important thing you need to know and what the outcomes could eventually end up to be, but she is their for you throughout the whole process
This clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care] is great for getting you back into your appointment on time without having to wait. The blood draw and ultrasound appointments were quick in and out early in the morning, so I did not have to miss much time at wok Also the nurses returned your messages in a timely matter...[nurses are] Very pleasant and helpful...IVF-13,500, Medications-$3900, Consults $400-$800, Labs both husband and I $1700
Dr. Shomento has been great to work with so far. She makes you feel as if you are her only patient and gives you the time that you need when you are in an appointment with her. She explains things very clearly and thoroughly. Her PA and nurses have also been great to work with. They are easy to communicate with and have been very helpful when I have needed them.
Dr. Shomento makes the hardship of IVF a little bit easier to deal with. She tells you the important thing you need to know and what the outcomes could eventually end up to be, but she is their for you throughout the whole process
Dr. Shomento took her time with us to answer all of our questions (a lot of questions!) and answer them clearly so both my husband and I understood everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Very pleasant and helpful
This clinic is great for getting you back into your appointment on time without having to wait. The blood draw and ultrasound appointments were quick in and out early in the morning, so I did not have to miss much time at wok Also the nurses returned your messages in a timely matter.
For me and my husband she would only allow one embryo transfer at a time
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
The staff is better than the clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care]. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
Shomento treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty.
Why isn't she your doctor yet?
Shomento knows each patient individually and designs treatment around your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Estrada)
Jessica was the best! She is sadly not with the clinic any longer, but she was literally the best part of going to each appointment there.
The staff is better than the clinic. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic.
13,500 for IVF
Bozeman
Dr. Shomento was wonderful to meet with. She really took her tie with me, was very thorough, and had a warm caring personality. She also listened, was patient, and allowed me to ask all my written down questions about the lab stats, which I got from Fertility IQ. She was honest and forthcoming with her opinion of me and treatments she'd recommend, and the reasons why. It was not what I wanted to hear, but she delivered it in a direct, but respectful and kind way.
The Lab [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.... The way they billed the appointment for a visit and ultrasound, insurance didn't cover much, and My bill is around $591. I have been to other doctors, done the exact same things, and only had to pay a copay. I'm requesting they re-evaluate the appointment and see if they can code it differently for more coverage, but have not heard back.
Dr. Shomento was great. I felt she was caring, kind, a good listener, she was thorough in helping me understand my situation, and was respectful as well. I really liked her, and if the decision for where to do IVF was purely based on the doctor, and their likability, I would hands down go to her!
Do your research ahead of time and come with questions. Expect to spend a good amount of time with Dr. Shomento, who will be straight forward and thorough, and take time answering your questions.
I saw Dr. Shomento for a consultation. She walked me through my numbers and odds of getting pregnant naturally (not good) as well as with treatment. With only one tube, an ectopic pregnancy in my past, a low ovarian reserve, and low follicle count, she pretty much jumped right into recommending IVF as my best option to have success in becoming pregnant. She was also blunt about the odds of likely only getting one egg out of one IVF round, based on only having 7 follicles, but felt very confident that if we did get one, it should implant successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I only met with the nurse once, briefly, and have spoken ver the phone with her a couple times, She's super nice, makes you feel like you're a friend, and makes you feel like she's there for you.
Dr. Shomento and her nurse seemed excellent. They were likable, patient, good listeners, experienced, etc. The Lab seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.
She suggested only doing one embryo transfer with me, which makes sense, since I am young and have a healthy uterus, and would rather not end up with twins.

Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Shomento] is not judgemental and is a wonderful doctor to work with. She is very caring and compassionate...stated that, if we really wanted to, we could continue with IUI, however, statistics did not show any improved chances with our type of infertility. The ball was left in our court to decided if we wanted to proceed to IVF. When we decided to move forward with IVF, Dr. Shomento put me on a birth control pill to regulate my cycles and Metformin to help improve egg quality. Once we began the IVF treatment, she adjusted my medications, as needed, based on my hormone levels. We will know more in 2 weeks whether or not this all worked. The retrieval has been completed and we will be doing the transfer in the next few days.....
Jessica [nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine] was so pleasant to work with! She is easy-going and likes to laugh. She is very compassionate and caring...Very friendly staff, good communication, for the most part. Just make sure to ask lots of questions. They do their best to provide as much information as possible, but I'm sure it is difficult to provide information on all the aspects of fertility treatment since there is so much variation from person to person. They are good at responding to emails and voicemails within the same day, but don't always expect to be able to speak with someone right away unless it is urgent.
I have been so grateful at Dr. Shomento's willingness to explain everything. I tend to ask a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was asking too much or that they were stupid questions in any way shape or form. She has been very compassionate and understanding. I have felt comfortable with her from day one. I especially loved the fact that, on the night of my trigger shot, she gave me her cell phone number to call if I had any questions or concerns... My trigger shot was at midnight. I ended up having a concern and she promptly responded. I felt bad for contacting her so late at night, but she did not make me feel like I was interrupting anything (ie sleep). She was super helpful and made me feel good about contacting her with my concerns. How many doctors are willing to do that?!
Just be open and honest with her every step of the way. She is not judgemental and is a wonderful doctor to work with. She is very caring and compassionate.
Dr. Shomento is very caring and thorough, willing to answer any questions and makes herself as available as possible. Her nursing staff is excellent too! I have nothing but good things to say about all of them!
We started with a plan to do IUI with the assistance of fertility drugs, after a consultation with Dr. Shomento. Although she did not do the IUI (another doctor in her office did) Dr. Shomento was there for guidance. After the IUI did not work, we took some time off from trying to conceive to assess what our next step was. Dr. Shomento stated that, if we really wanted to, we could continue with IUI, however, statistics did not show any improved chances with our type of infertility. The ball was left in our court to decided if we wanted to proceed to IVF. When we decided to move forward with IVF, Dr. Shomento put me on a birth control pill to regulate my cycles and Metformin to help improve egg quality. Once we began the IVF treatment, she adjusted my medications, as needed, based on my hormone levels. We will know more in 2 weeks whether or not this all worked. The retrieval has been completed and we will be doing the transfer in the next few days.....
Jessica was so pleasant to work with! She is easy-going and likes to laugh. She is very compassionate and caring.
The IVF treatment was separate from the fertility drugs. They offer a package price for all of the IVF treatment rather than billing each individual process separately.
Dr. Shomento left the decision to us. She presented the pros and cons of each choice base on my age, etc.
Treated 2016 - 2018
She [Dr. Stacy Shomento] was thorough and extremely personable through the entire process. I never doubted her ability or decisions as she is very knowledgable and up to date on the latest studies regarding infertility...available 24/7 through all treatments to answer questions (even silly ones!) and provide details on what was happening with my body. When our first FET ended in a miscarriage she was the first person to call and send her condolences and give me a pep talk about how we would move forward. She continued to tell us that we WOULD have a baby, and that it was not a matter of if, but a matter of when. I felt like she was invested in treating my infertility and our dream of starting a family.
They [nurses at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] made this very difficult and scary time much easier and always put my mind at ease. I was in communication with someone from their office almost every day for nearly 3 years and they worked hard to maintain a positive attitude and relationship the entire time. Jess is hilarious and is a breath of fresh air with her comedic view on infertility. The other Jess (there are 3 I believe!) also went through IVF so it was nice to get advice and hear tips/tricks to make the process easier.
Dr. Shomento is the best! She was thorough and extremely personable through the entire process. I never doubted her ability or decisions as she is very knowledgable and up to date on the latest studies regarding infertility.
See her as soon as you can! Dr. Shomento restored our hope for a baby when we were about to give up. Also, stay organized! The appointments and medications can seem overwhelming. Utilize pill organizers, reminders on your phone, and a good calendar to help keep everything on track.
Dr. Shomento and her team of nurses were phenomenal! There was not a single time that I felt like a "number." Everyone was so supportive and positive while maintaining a realistic approach to treatment. Dr. Shomento was available 24/7 through all treatments to answer questions (even silly ones!) and provide details on what was happening with my body. When our first FET ended in a miscarriage she was the first person to call and send her condolences and give me a pep talk about how we would move forward. She continued to tell us that we WOULD have a baby, and that it was not a matter of if, but a matter of when. I felt like she was invested in treating my infertility and our dream of starting a family.
Treatment began with an HSG and blood work to see if there was a simple reason why we had not conceived...everything came back normal. 4 IUIs using Letrozole...we are young and this was the least invasive, best first step...no luck. Laprascopic surgery to look for endometriosis...I was having all of the tell-tale signs of endometriosis and it would explain why our IUIs were unsuccessful...no endometriosis found so we talked about our next steps, IVF. IVF Cycle begins! I responded too well to the injectable medications...we got 48 mature eggs but I also developed Ovarian Hyperstimulation. Our cycle turned into a freeze-all cycle due to the over stimulation. Dr. Shomento used ICSI and we got 7 beautiful embryos to freeze at day 5. Frozen Embryo Transfer #1 (May)...we got pregnant, but found out that the embryo did not develop properly and there was no heartbeat detected...ended in miscarriage. Frozen Embryo Transfer #2 (September)...we got pregnant and now have a beautiful baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jess)
Jess, and all of the staff at Dr. Shomento's clinic including the financial advisor, were amazing! They made this very difficult and scary time much easier and always put my mind at ease. I was in communication with someone from their office almost every day for nearly 3 years and they worked hard to maintain a positive attitude and relationship the entire time. Jess is hilarious and is a breath of fresh air with her comedic view on infertility. The other Jess (there are 3 I believe!) also went through IVF so it was nice to get advice and hear tips/tricks to make the process easier.
The clinic is just as amazing as the doctors and nurses! Everyone was welcoming and willing to answer questions. The facilities were updated and very clean! I was surprised that they remembered my husband and I and were able to greet us by name even though we had only met the receptionists twice.
Insurance mostly covered infertility treatments and medications...we have spent about $25,000 out of pocket for odds and ends that were not covered, and to meet out of pocket maximums.
Dr. Shomento recommended a single embryo transfer because of the high quality of our embryos and my age (which is on the "younger" end of patients doing IVF). We are so glad that we took her advice and only transferred a single embryo as I do not think my body would handle multiples very well.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up. ... Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. ... The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. ... It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
Billings Clinic Fertility Clinic’s main strength is it’s size. It’s a relatively small clinic, which means you know every nurse and doctor. ... One weakness of the clinic, is it’s size as well. Because the fertility clinic is small, it only does 6 IVF cycles a year, every other month, beginning with January. ... There is a lady who gives out her direct line to duscuss the exact amounts and she can give you information if you need a loan.
Dr. Milroy is very thorough and meticioulous about the treatment plan. She is a good communicator and let’s the patients know if she sees something that may cause a problem. She was very straight forward with explaining the plan of care and how our embryos developed. Dr. Milroy is up to date on infertility research and welcomes any and all questions.
My top advice to a new patient of Dr. Milroy’s would be to be open and ask as lots of questions. Talking to Dr. Milroy decreased my anxiety because I knew her answers were accurate and not just what the internet said. Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. Don’t be offended by this suggestion, just know she wants you to be the healthiest you can be. The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. I trust Dr. Milroy more than any other doctor I’ve ever had care from. She’s very genuine and knowledgeable. Her passion is helping couples get their miracle baby! You are in the best hands with her as your doctor. Good Luck!
I found out on Mother’s Day that my second round of IVF had also resulted in zero embryos for transfer. Dr. Milroy had personally called me and left me an encouraging voicemail. She told me that she was thinking of me and wanted me to know there was still hope. It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
My first round of IVF was a standard protocol. Menopur and Follistim, with Generalix added in the last few days. My second round was Menopur, Follistim, and Lupron. I believe this was a stronger protocol. I also was asked to take DHEA 25mg three times a day, CoQ10 400mg twice a day, and Myoinositol 4gm every day for 90 days prior to my second IVF cycle to possibly improve my egg quality. Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up.
The IVF nurses are extremely compassionate and knowledgeable. Zoe and Darci were my favorite. Darci actually went through fertility treatments herself to have a baby. I talked to the nurses openly and always felt my questions and conercerns were addressed 100%. The nurses are more than just nurses, they become your friends.
Billings Clinic Fertility Clinic’s main strength is it’s size. It’s a relatively small clinic, which means you know every nurse and doctor. The IVF team itself is very compassionate and thorough. The IVF nurses order you meds two months in advance and do medication training early as well. They try to prevent any surprises. With it being a small clinic, you have to order in donor sperm or donor eggs as well, but the process is actually quite easy and I think you have better options because you don’t have to choose from their own database of donors. One weakness of the clinic, is it’s size as well. Because the fertility clinic is small, it only does 6 IVF cycles a year, every other month, beginning with January. Also, some of my medications came from a pharmacy in Oregon and was overnighted to me. This was a little stressful, but everything went very smoothly. One last word of advice, double check your needle size when you start administering IM shots like a trigger shot or progesterone. It wasn’t the fertility clinic’s fault, but the pharmacy kept giving me 18guage, 1 inch needless; I needed 22guage, 1.5 inch needles.
I think the IVF costs were pretty standard. The payments for an IVF cycle is due a few weeks before your initial ultrasound and blood work. There is a lady who gives out her direct line to duscuss the exact amounts and she can give you information if you need a loan. She seemed relatively easy to get a hold of.
I’ve only had one, 1-5day embryo transfer. I didn’t want to take the risk of multiples, so never really asked to transfer more than one. I think Dr. Milroy would be open to transferring more than one embryo as long as the couple understood the risks associate with multiples.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Milroy was kind and knowledgeable regarding all fertility/infertility issues and treatments. She was honest with all our questions and answered questions in a direct but gentle manner.... Diagnosis was unexplained female infertility, with a polycystic right ovary. A PCOS diagnosis was not given due to not meeting criteria for that diagnosis. The plan given to us was a first steps plan to induce ovulation with more options available if desired. Treatment plan included letrozole, trigger shots, progesterone supplement, IUI, and timed intercourse and a HSG procedure. No pregnancies were achieved with this regimen.
Everything about this clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] far exceeded expectation. The care is personal and intimate. We were never treated like number and always felt like our personal information was kept private. The staff is well educated and great at helping patients understand all information given to them.... The nursing staff in this office was exceptional. They always treated us with respect and honesty. They were available via phone and always answered our many questions with detailed answers and did not ever rush our conversations. They would return after hours phone calls promptly.
Dr. Milroy was kind and knowledgeable regarding all fertility/infertility issues and treatments. She was honest with all our questions and answered questions in a direct but gentle manner. I have recommended this physician to close friends and will continue to do so.
As with any doctor, it is important to be open and honest about everything happening in your situation. I would also encourage patients to ask a lot of questions and not feel like a burden if you need more education or help understanding.
The care given with each visit and phone call was always personal and kind. The staff and doctor were knowledgeable of my specific situation and had good understanding of the treatments and services provided
Diagnosis was unexplained female infertility, with a polycystic right ovary. A PCOS diagnosis was not given due to not meeting criteria for that diagnosis. The plan given to us was a first steps plan to induce ovulation with more options available if desired. Treatment plan included letrozole, trigger shots, progesterone supplement, IUI, and timed intercourse and a HSG procedure. No pregnancies were achieved with this regimen. Due to a personal decision, My husband and I decided not to go forward with any other recommend treatment.
Everything about this clinic far exceeded expectation. The care is personal and intimate. We were never treated like number and always felt like our personal information was kept private. The staff is well educated and great at helping patients understand all information given to them.
Some of the costs were covered by insurance, for initial visit, HSG procedure, medications. IUI was not a covered procedure, I do not recall the out of pocket costs associated.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Colleen Milroy] sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body.
I absolutely LOVED our nurses[ at Billings Clinic]. We had Zoey and Julia (and also Darcy, but I only talked to her on the phone but she was amazing too.) Zoey and Julia took amazing care of us. I wish I could talk to them daily, that’s how close I felt with them. The gave me their personal numbers so I could text or call them with questions, I would email them CONSTANTLY. I was probably so annoying with so many questions and concerns and if I took a shot a few minutes late if I was going to be okay, etc. They were just so amazing. They both deserve awards for being such amazing nurses. Dr. Milroy, Zoey and Julia kept both my husband and I sane. And I love them so much.
Dr. Milroy was amazing. Through the entire process she made me feel “safe”. If that makes sense. Being 25 and going through this process, pretty much knowing that you have no chance of having a good outcome. But having Dr. Milroy tell me how good my eggs were responding to the meds and how great I was doing with the shots and being so informed on what I was doing, it made life so much easier. Our life was absolutely shattered when we found out I had premature ovarian failure. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mom. I babysat all through high school/college because I love kids. Dr. Milroy understood that. She sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body. She made me feel that I could try again, even if it wasn’t with my own eggs. She gave me all of the information without making me feel like an idiot. I knew what happened to my eggs, but she informed me anyways, in the easiest, least painful way possible. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone I could. Even though this process was something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, I am glad I enjoyed the people who took care of me, including Dr. Milroy.
She is a warm, caring individual, but she will tell you the information you need to hear. She told me my odds were low, but that she had faith in me because of my age. Even though I failed, she didn’t make me feel like a failure. You will enjoy her, she is amazing at what she does!
She made me feel informed and she made it as pleasant as possible for someone being 25 with pretty much no egg reserve.
Dr. Milroy saw my situation and decided we needed to go all in. She got me into the cycle that was starting next and we were in within a month. I took 6 shots a day. 3 in the morning and 3 at night. The shots were Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. We checked in every other day with the clinic. Everything was looking amazing. My right ovary was growing like crazy, although my left ovary was not. We ended up having to do shots an extra day just to get a little extra growth on my left ovary, even though it didn’t do anything. We then went in for retrieval and got 3 eggs! We were so excited! We didn’t even think we would get one! However, my egg quality was absolutely terrible, so none of them made it. But I personally feel Dr. Milroy did everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey Hallman, Julia Lennick)
I absolutely LOVED our nurses. We had Zoey and Julia (and also Darcy, but I only talked to her on the phone but she was amazing too.) Zoey and Julia took amazing care of us. I wish I could talk to them daily, that’s how close I felt with them. The gave me their personal numbers so I could text or call them with questions, I would email them CONSTANTLY. I was probably so annoying with so many questions and concerns and if I took a shot a few minutes late if I was going to be okay, etc. They were just so amazing. They both deserve awards for being such amazing nurses. Dr. Milroy, Zoey and Julia kept both my husband and I sane. And I love them so much.
Honestly, for being the only IVF clinic for hundreds of miles, they do an amazing job. They are informed on all new technology, the embryologist flew in from NY, and he was AMAZING. He was so nice. I just thoroughly enjoyed the entire clinic. Even the nurses in the “surgery center” were great!
We paid $9,000 for the egg retrieval and about $4500 for the medications.
I personally never made it to transfer, so I cannot comment on this.
Billings
On our first meeting she [Dr. Milroy] and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.... She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost.
Billings Clinic is great, I just wished they helped more with infertility financing or some sort of payment plan. As a couple who wants a family, but has a hard time paying for multiple IVF treatments you would hope that they would be able to help you or point you in a direction that can help. We were just told to look on the internet or google it. They are always very clean and professional. They have very up to date equipment.
She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost. She has made everything so far go wonderful and we are hopeful she will help us get pregnant!
Don’t plan on waiting hours, they are the most prompt office I have ever been too! She will also spend as much time as you need!
On our first meeting she and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.
They only have 2 nurses- so they get to know you well! They are always there to call and answer your questions. No question is too small or dumb. They are happy to be there and listen.
Approximately $16,000 for workup, egg retrieval and embryo makeup. $2,00-$5,000 for medications, $1,000 for initial visit, blood work and ultra sound/mach transfer.
Dr. Milroy is leans more on the side of eSET- it all depends on what grades your embryos get, but she would rather you have 1 healthy baby and come back in a year to get pregnant with another healthy baby.
Billings
I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor [Dr. Stacy Shomento] thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts... Dr. Shomento was always very professional and took the time to explain everything. She was very matter of fact about what she thought our best course of action would be for conceiving. She provided me with her cell phone number in case any questions arose during treatment and the clinic was not open
Clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in... Medications for stimulation alone cost about $5000, $10000 for egg retrieval and all the ultrasounds performed beforehand. Will pay another $3500 for frozen transfer. Also had to travel 3 hours for apts and still receiving bills for lab draws.
Both doctor shomento and her nurses always treated me with kindness and were always available for support or to answer questions.
I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts
Julia and Jessica are awesome nurses and always had a smiling face and made everything a little bit easier.
Clinic shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in.
Planned fet for November 2018 doctor Shomento plans to transfer 1 embryo due to my age and overall health but did give option of 2. Dr prefers to do just 1 as to avoid the risks of a multiple pregnancy.
Mailed my initial consult paperwork back to the clinic but they never received. We were early enough for our apt and the receptionist helpful enough to get everything done with no problems.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Shomento is professional, knowledgable, and clearly has a passion for the subject. I feel like she's on my side, and presents facts as clearly as possible. She takes time to help me understand, and provides staff to help further when necessary. She has never mislead me about the odds, and I love how faithful she is to real science. It's refreshing...very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible.
The clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too...Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me...excellent nursing staff
Dr. Shomento is very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible. More importantly, she has an excellent nursing staff that complements her strengths and weaknesses, providing an excellent experience overall. Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me.
Julia and Jess are wonderful. They are accessible, honest, and compassionate. They take time to explain, and don't get tired of questions. I can call or email them anytime and always get a timely response. I don't think I could have gotten this far without them.
The clinic was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too. I didn't have as much exposure to her as the others so I have less to say.
15,000, not including medications.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr. Colleen Milroy] Explained everything very detailed and specific to our situation. Spent ample time and answered questions as they arose. Explained all circumstances even risks associated. Follow up and course of treatment always explained. Felt she truly cared and was ingested in good outcome.... 1st cycle lower doses of meds which ended up changing for second round after failed IVF. After IUI she made quick decision to move onto IVF making it easier to do trusting her with next steps. She knew my limits as a patient and adjusted after first round explaining rationalle..was truthful when things didn't go as planned but always had a plan to move forward.
Feel I know them [the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] better than Dr. Always available, empathetic, knowledgeable and on top of things... Willing to come in on weekends, clean, comfortable, easy check in, all staff nice and helpful Wish it wasnt 2 hour drive but willing to make travel work, ease and flexible scheduling payments easily made and delivered, questions always answered
Don't be hesitant to ask questions, she allows you to be in charge of your own decisions but educates you along the way.
Great follow up, kind, empathetic, truthful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey, Julia )
Feel I know them better than Dr. Always available, empathetic, knowledgeable and on top of things
IUI app 2000 packaged price Ivf #1 9000 retrieval, 3500 fresh transfer, 3600 meds Ivf 2 8100 retrieval (10%) discount 2nd round 3500 frozen embryo transfer 600 IRA biopsy 3800 meds
She only does single and feels there are too many risks associated with multiples
Billings
Overall, I have had a positive experience with Dr. Shomento. (Our journey is not over yet. We will continue on with her for our surrogacy journey.) She explained everything and was directive in her protocol for us. I've appreciated that she has a very positive and reassuring attitude.... She has a very strong view on eSET and does not promote multiple embryo transfers... Dr. Shomento and her staff have listened to my concerns and have stayed positive about my process and results. They will explain things when I ask.
[Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertiliy Care's] Strengths: Very friendly and personable. Made me feel like a human. Good at explaining things and answering questions. They definitely have a system and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: I think it would be helpful if they created a document that outlines the process and how long to expect between things for IVF/surrogacy newbies. It's usually a lot of information to take in at each appointment, so it would be helpful to have some kind of timeline/process documentation.
Make sure to take notes and ask all your questions.
I did IVF
Everyone was very friendly and supportive!
$16K for a surrogacy IVF journey
Bozeman
I had a 45 minute consolation where she [Dr. Shomento] explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies...She never acts like she is too busy to take a question from you and gets back to you really fast. I feel as if she 100% cares about everyone in her care and goes out of her way to assist you in what ever you need...It was suggested to only transfer one embryo but would allow 2 but strongly recommends against it
The resources are limited and everyone in the area must travel to the main hospital in Billings Montana on retrieval day. The number of patients that the clinic is allowed to treat at one time is limited and the frequency of the cycles is also limited. If for some reason your cycle is canceled, then you will be waiting months to start again...Jess [nurse] was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
None, shes a great doctor!
I had a 45 minute consolation where she explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies.
i do not remember
Jess was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
$14500 plus medications