Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211

She [Dr. Elguero] is far by the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek...We tried 2 normal cycles with just taking blood work and watching for ovulation, we also tried a cycle with clomid and an IUI which was also unsuccessful. Then we tried a cycle of injectables with an IUI which yielded us a positive pregnancy...She was honest and kind. Very thorough in her explanations but also very positive at the same time. She never made me feel like our end result was unattainable even after three losses and a struggle to get pregnant with an Amh of .1
The clinic [Boston IVF] is very thorough and very easily reachable. They were slightly difficult to get in to get seen as early as we wanted but once we got in we felt like we were their number one priority. Everyone is easy to talk to and makes it feel like they know everything about your case and very knowledgeble on treatments and protocols...She [Dr. Elguero] is far by the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very sweet extremely intelligent and hard working. Makes you feel like your her only patient and the goal is attainable no matter the obstacles. She was very thorough in her explanation in tests and procedures and results. She thoroughly checked every aspect that could have been wrong and when finally coming up with a diagnosis gave my husband and I first step, second step, etc. protocols. She told us what she would do if something didn't work and gave time lines to everything. She also let us help in the decision making process and made us feel like our concerns were important and our opinions on our options were valued.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
See her- she is well worth the wait. She is by far the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Describe the protocols Sonia Elguero used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is very thorough and very easily reachable. They were slightly difficult to get in to get seen as early as we wanted but once we got in we felt like we were their number one priority. Everyone is easy to talk to and makes it feel like they know everything about your case and very knowledgeble on treatments and protocols.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Fortunately all of our costs were covered under my medical insurance for three treatments. I know the medicines (injectables) I bought would have been around the cost of $8,000
Loudonville
I truly felt well taken care of by Dr. Elguero and appreciate everything she has done for me. Right from the start I felt completely at ease with her and trusted her to make our dream come true. Dr. Elguero was very compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me...After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
All the staff [at Boston IVF] were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable...Michelle and Jessica [nurses] were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions...Dr. Elguero was always available to answer my questions. I felt like she treated me like her own daughter, was honest and truly seemed to care about my well being.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be your own advocate, don’t be afraid to speak up and voice your opinions.
We started with 3 IUI procedures that ended in all negative results. My husband and I took some time off then returned and spoke about our options. We decided to do a laparoscopy to determine cause and discovered endotrimosis that was contributing to my infertility. We then decided to do IVF. After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle and Jessica were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All the staff were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable.
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
She [Dr. Elguero] remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach...was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease...You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
The staff [at Boston IVF] are world class — just the absolute best! The only thing that I think the clinic could improve on is offering more appointment times later in the morning to accommodate different work schedules...I couldn’t go through this challenging process without the support of Jess and the rest of the staff. They truly hold me up during the process and Jess is always very thorough in her communication.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Sonia was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease.
You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
She remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The staff are world class — just the absolute best! The only thing that I think the clinic could improve on is offering more appointment times later in the morning to accommodate different work schedules.
Covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Paperwork from a blood test was lost or overlooked which was easily fixed I just had another blood test. There was also an occasion or two that I had to call in for results after not hearing by near close of business. Considering how many appointments and tests I have undergone I think this is understandable. I always got the information I needed after one follow up.
Loudonville
Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional...my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options...Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
Love Jess [nurse at Boston IVF]. She is compassionate, caring, informative and professional. She planned my cycles out with Dr. Elugero and constantly was communicating with me. She is organized and always responded quickly to all of my questions and emails...clean, professional and stayed close to appointment times. The waiting rooms and exam rooms were appropriate being clean, dim lighted, clean equipment etc. I never had concerns about the clinic as everyone was professional
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional.Our nurse Jessica is so helpful. Her response were timely and informative. She has been a life saver through this emotional process. We Love the Albany IVF team!!
This journey isnt easy. Time, patience and being informed is very important. Be prepared for the unexpected challenges that may lie ahead.
my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options
We are a same sex couple without fertility issues. Qe have conceived 3 children over the last several years under the care Of Dr. Peter Horvath and now Dr. Elguero. One of our pregnancies we recently experienced a mid term loss and a previous misscarraige and the staff at albany ivf were amazing during such difficult times. Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Camprone)
Love Jess. She is compassionate, caring, informative and professional. She planned my cycles out with Dr. Elugero and constantly was communicating with me. She is organized and always responded quickly to all of my questions and emails
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
insurance covered most of our treatment costs
2015 - 2018, Successful
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. [Dr. Elguero] has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on...was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
Pricing is everything, and it was hard to get what a procedure is going to cost or getting help with grant information [at Boston IVF]. There were no list of medication prices either. We had to look up medication pricing ourselves...The Dr and Nurse listed the procedures very well. Any questions we had about the procedure or timing of anything was answered fully...Casey was an excellent nurse. She helped answer my wife's questions and was present during all check ups and appointments that my wife had.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The Dr was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
Make sure the Dr answers all of your questions and if you are unsure of a procedure or why something is, please ask her to explain it again or differently. It will help.
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. The Dr has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Pricing is everything, and it was hard to get what a procedure is going to cost or getting help with grant information. There were no list of medication prices either. We had to look up medication pricing ourselves.
The costs was a topic that was rarely discussed. We had limited funds and limited healthcare help. It was painful trying to get what costs what from the office.
Describe Sonia Elguero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I have no comments.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Ask questions, she [Dr. Sonia Elguero] always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions... She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided...I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy.
[Boston IVF was] Very clean and welcoming! Kind and helpful staff along with nurses and doctors. Prompt phone calls back when undergoing treatment. I would recommend them to any one! Always feel like a human and not a number and like my care and concerns matter...Ask questions, she [Dr. Sonia Elguero] always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid question
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy. Now we are undergoing treatment to hopefully be blessed with another little one. Dr. Elguero has been an absolute blessing and rock for our family. She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided.
Ask questions, she always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions.
Loudonville
Sonia Elguero was very welcoming, put everything in black and white, there was no misunderstanding what any of our blood work meant. She every personable, i never walked out of her office wondering anout test or our next step...She very honest with us explained all of our results, what was going to happen next and what to expect
They [nurses at Boston IVF] are wondeeful! Very personable, supportive, encourging...Office vists, lab work, ultrasounds and it was all very affordable...Easy to call, locate, the staff is amazing, patients come first, i never felt like a number, the doctor knew my name, the nurse, everyone its almost like ive been going for years and i had only been there twice
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Make sure you are ready to hear the worst, because chances are the worst your expecting is what you might here
Just starting our first protocal dont have mich information for you
They are wondeeful! Very personable, supportive, encourging
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Office vists, lab work, ultrasounds and it was all very affordable
No comment