7.3

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Elguero always takes the time to see how you are doing emotionally throughout the entire process and is always available to talk...always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications...We first started with IUI using clomid. We tried this for six rounds. The third round we had a chemical pregnancy. The rest were unsuccessful. We then moved on to IUI with injections. Dr. Elguero suggested we move to IVF; however, knowing that we did not have insurance, she worked with us to try the most effective way possible to get pregnant at the lowest cost.
Jessica [nurse at Boston IVF] was extremely helpful in every situation. The entire staff is kind, compassionate and helpful...The costs seem to be on par with other facilities in the area...Everything about the clinic is wonderful. The early hours are extremely helpful, as I can go in for an appointment and still make it to work on time. The entire staff from billing to the ultrasound techs to the nurses is wonderful.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications. She took the time to check on me emotionally and offer anything she could to assist. She was always available to talk any time you needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
To ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Describe the protocols Sonia Elguero used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Camprone)
Jessica was extremely helpful in every situation. The entire staff is kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The costs seem to be on par with other facilities in the area. I do not have infertility coverage through my medical provider so have to pay out of pocket.
Loudonville

The biggest factor was that she [Dr. Elguero] was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready...Quick call back time and quick reply to messages with questions from me, honest with myself and husband
Although the Clinic [Boston IVF - Albany] was very “Clinic” like it was reassuring we came from a center that was very spa and meditation like but it didn’t work for us. It was nice feeling like they knew what they were doing...Her [Dr. Elguero] staff were great and when we went in to start our current procedure they remembered everything about us. They even remembered when we tried to do a uterine biopsy and I couldn’t do it bc of the pain
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The biggest factor was that she was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready
Be prepared for honest answers.
She put me on birth control then had me monitored via ultrasounds then we started the menopur then we did estrace pills orally and vaginally along with IM progesterone oil
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Her staff were great and when we went in to start our current procedure they remembered everything about us. They even remembered when we tried to do a uterine biopsy and I couldn’t do it bc of the pain
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Although the Clinic was very “Clinic” like it was reassuring we came from a center that was very spa and meditation like but it didn’t work for us. It was nice feeling like they knew what they were doing
This was the first time we didn’t have to self pay, our insurance covered everything so we never even asked just signed the paper work, it was amazing
Describe Sonia Elguero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
She recommended two and we agreed
Loudonville
She [Elguero] made it all about us. All about what we were going through. All about what I needed to be able to have a baby....She is amazing. Very personable. Very blunt....She started from the beginning and treated me and what was wrong with me with what was wrong with me after battling ovarian cancer...She wanted to remove the blocked Fallopian tube and make sure that it was clear to have a baby. That nothing could hurt our chances.
Everyone [Boston IVF- Albany] was so personable. Cared about Your every need. Knew you by name when you walked in the front door. They always asked how you were feeling and if you needed anything and how your drive was. And how everything was. Knew everything about you.... Amazing. Cared about you like you were family.... She [Dr. Elguero] made it all about us. All about what we were going through. All about what I needed to be able to have a baby.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is amazing. Very personable. Very blunt. The only adjective was us trying to have a baby. She didn’t just want to jump into the IVF treatment if it wouldn’t take. She started from the beginning and treated me and what was wrong with me with what was wrong with me after battling ovarian cancer and wasn’t concerned with making money on jumping right into the IVF treatment. She treated my blockage first didn’t push anything on us. Listened to everything we had to say.
She has the best ententions and gives the the best chances to reach your end goal.
She made it all about us. All about what we were going through. All about what I needed to be able to have a baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Amazing. Cared about you like you were family.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Everyone was so personable. Cared about Your every need. Knew you by name when you walked in the front door. They always asked how you were feeling and if you needed anything and how your drive was. And how everything was. Knew everything about you.
Reasonable.
She made sure to cover every base and not miss a single thing.
Loudonville
My treatment needed to be tweaked following a chemical pregnancy and then non response. Dr. Elguero was thorough and gentle in her discussion regarding our path forward. It was a negotiation rather than a forced plan...Very personalized conversation, where my needs and concerns were addressed...My body has a lack luster response to letrozole, so a booster was needed and we discussed moving on to a highly monitored, low dose injectable cycle if I still did not respond. Dr. Elguero was very concerned about over response to injectables.
The nurse I dealt with [at Boston IVF] had terrible follow-up on questions, very little compassion, and gave unsolicited advice...She failed to send in prescriptions in a timely manner and lost files I sent from a previous clinic...The US techs are amazing!...My insurance covered all but copays for visits and ultrasounds. I paid for medications out of pocket...My treatment needed to be tweaked following a chemical pregnancy and then non response.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be prepared for a thorough history each time.
Very personalized conversation, where my needs and concerns were addressed.
The nurse I dealt with had terrible follow-up on questions, very little compassion, and gave unsolicited advice. I believe she is no longer with the practice.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My nurse was a problem, but she is gone now. The US techs are amazing!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Again, my issues were with one nurse. I believe she is gone now. She failed to send in prescriptions in a timely manner and lost files I sent from a previous clinic.
Loudonville

I dont recall seeing her [Sonia Elguero] alot. I felt she was professional but not as compassionate as i thought she would be. The techs were very nice. I do believe she initially did my iui, but unfortunately it failed.... I used clomid for 4 cycles, and an injection for one of those cycles with iui.... The monitoring was around $300. Iui with sperm was about $500
The clinics [Boston IVF-Albany Center] weakness is that It feels like a doctors office. Not a comfortable setting. I feel a strength is the nurses who give monitoring. They are very friendly and informative at the office. The usually took linger than expected to call you into your appointment.... I used clomid for 4 cycles, and an injection for one of those cycles with iui.... The monitoring was around $300. Iui with sperm was about $500
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I dont recall seeing her alot. I felt she was professional but not as compassionate as i thought she would be. The techs were very nice. I do believe she initially did my iui, but unfortunately it failed.
To be prepared to have little information and be treated like a patient.
I felt like i was a patient usi g their services. They were nice.
I used clomid for 4 cycles, and an injection for one of those cycles with iui.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinics weakness is that It feels like a doctors office. Not a comfortable setting. I feel a strength is the nurses who give monitoring. They are very friendly and informative at the office. The usually took linger than expected to call you into your appointment.
They wer very high. The monitoring was around $300. Iui with sperm was about $500
Loudonville
Ask her [Dr. Elguero] to test every possible scenario and try to figure out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant rather than repeating treatments that are unsuccessful...She was very sweet. Very informative. But never felt like we were actually looking for the problem and taking care of it. We just did treatment after treatment with no results... I don’t feel like she tried to figure out our issue. Just kept doing treatment after treatment with no result. We had 5 rounds of IUI and we just kept going back for more rather than testing to see what’s wrong.
They [staff at Boston IVF] are very nice and sweet, helpful and compassionate. I would like to see the try to focus on diagnosing the Issue before the keep going to treatments that are not successful and end up being very costly and heartbreaking for the patients...Ask her [Dr. Elguero] to test every possible scenario and try to figure out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant rather than repeating treatments that are unsuccessful
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
At the time of my visit Dr Elguero was Personable, sweet, thorough but at the same time I don’t feel like she tried to figure out our issue. Just kept doing treatment after treatment with no result. We had 5 rounds of IUI and we just kept going back for more rather than testing to see what’s wrong.
Ask her to test every possible scenario and try to figure out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant rather than repeating treatments that are unsuccessful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are very nice and sweet, helpful and compassionate. I would like to see the try to focus on diagnosing the Issue before the keep going to treatments that are not successful and end up being very costly and heartbreaking for the patients
Loudonville
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is great and sat down with us to go over our history and was very calm And compassionate. She explained our treatment plan in laments terms and made us feel positive and excited. We are very grateful for her... Very friendly and open about treatment plan and explained things in a way That non medical folks can understand.. I wasn’t ovulating at specific times so she helped us ensure I would ovulate and have timed intercourse.
Very warm and friendly clinic [Boston IVF-Albany]. Don’t have to wait long for appointments and you are in and out quickly. Everyone is friendly and positive which is helpful. We felt comfortable every visit and hope all feel the same... All [the nurses were] very helpful and great at communicating and answering any questions I had.... I wasn’t ovulating at specific times so she helped us ensure I would ovulate and have timed intercourse.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is great and sat down with us to go over our history and was very calm And compassionate. She explained our treatment plan in laments terms and made us feel positive and excited. We are very grateful for her.
Stay calm And let the professionals help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All very helpful and great at communicating and answering any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very warm and friendly clinic. Don’t have to wait long for appointments and you are in and out quickly. Everyone is friendly and positive which is helpful. We felt comfortable every visit and hope all feel the same
Don’t remember insurance covers most
Loudonville

It was good but she [Dr. Elguero] got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
The clinic [Boston IVF - The Albany Center - Loudonville] was amazing the staff is very sweet. ... Wait time was short. ... The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. The staff is wonderful ... I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer ... [Nursing staff] Very Good ...
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
It was good but she got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
Speak up
I dont know
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Very Good
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic was amazing the staff is very sweet. The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. Wait time was short. The staff is wonderful
I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Elguero] was great and always took time to call me back if I called with questions and made me feel very hopeful...the first doctor I saw that cared to look into why I was losing so many pregnancies. I did not get pregnant again yet but that was by choice and now I know that there is a way to make this possible next time...Many blood tests to find out what was wrong as well as scans.
[The nurese at Boston IVF were] Always helpful and very understanding...[cost] It was moderate...All strengths had all times and dates available to be seen and always made it work. Good to get on the waiting list for cancellations as they happen often and I was always able to get in sooner. The place is very clean and run very well...She [Dr. Elguero] was great and always took time to call me back if I called with questions and made me feel very hopeful
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was very helpful and the first doctor I saw that cared to look into why I was losing so many pregnancies. I did not get pregnant again yet but that was by choice and now I know that there is a way to make this possible next time
Be open minded
She was great and always took time to call me back if I called with questions and made me feel very hopeful
Many blood tests to find out what was wrong as well as scans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember her name maybe Alice )
Always helpful and very understanding
It was moderate
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero was very very thorough with explaining everything that was going on, she explained all the test results, and what to expect next. She really took the time to go threw past health test, run labs and rule everything out to get to the diagnosis that she did...Due to insurance reasons we had to do three rounds of Clomid and proves that they failed before we can move on with our next treatment. Started the first round with 50mg of clomid, that failed. Second round was 150mg of clomid, that also failed. 3rd round was also with clomid and that also failed. This was not a surprise as i suffer from amenorrhea. We are waiting approval to move on with our first IUI
My primary nurse [at Boston IVF] always knows what’s going on very alert of my case but she’s not always my point of contact sometimes I get other nurses and they scan the file but they are not in possession of all the information and give improper advice. Or maybe just miscommunication...You cant wait for the billing cycle in order to start you fertility treatment, your account has to be at zero. That was very upset as i had just paid the statement when they called and stated i had to pay my account to zero before moving forward
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Always keep and open mind. And even if you think your ready to hear the worst, be easy with yourself as you process the information your presented
I always left like a human she always takes time to answer my questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kasey)
My primary nurse always knows what’s going on very alert of my case but she’s not always my point of contact sometimes I get other nurses and they scan the file but they are not in possession of all the information and give improper advice. Or maybe just miscommunication
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are amazing, sweet kind and welcoming at all times. Our wait time was 20 mins before we were seen but it was a relaxing wait. The first appointment was a consult so we we sat in a small waiting room, while we waited, we were greeted and shown to the doctors office.
A lot of my cost was out of pocket, i have a 3rd party reimbursement but you have to have your account at 0 to start a new cycle i pay for most everything out of pocket. You cant wait for the billing cycle in order to start you fertility treatment, your account has to be at zero. That was very upset as i had just paid the statement when they called and stated i had to pay my account to zero before moving forward
Loudonville
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between...definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed... she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
just seemed like one hand didn't know what the other was doing nurse had different information than the doctor [at Boston IVF]...As much as you want to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, I must say the waiting room chairs are not very comforting. The people greeting are ok nothing spectacular and not horrible. Once you are in the rest of the facility they are warm & welcoming
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed.
Don't be afraid to ask the questions you might not want the answers to, she tells you exactly what can/will happen
She takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between
She realized that a certain does of the meds wasn't acting as it should so she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: michele)
this is where we felt more like we were treated as a number rather than a patient with a delicate situation. The nurses from before(Marsha & Grace) the IVF clinic was bought by Boston definitely treat you more like a single patient and not a number when you walk in the facility
Paying for the IVF, the medicine & the sperm retrieval
Loudonville

She [Dr. Elguero] was very informative and very helpful to me. She went through our history and testing and showed us how things were going to go so we had no questions. Would live to go back. She talked to me and then would talk to my husband, about each of our issues...When they did the test they had me under a xray machine with my feet up. She talked to me the whole time as she was in there. I had countless ultrasounds which they made me feel comfortable they talked to me and before u know it they were done.
Very friendly and caring staff [at Boston IVF]. They answered any questions I had...I think they were very well built as a whole. Wish there pricing was different or at least billed different. They building is in a nice location and in quiet building. In there lobby they have a TV with the news on. Which I find pleasant it keeps your mind busy and off the fact of why you are there. The office staff had you come in to a room so that it was private which I liked.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was very informative and very helpful to me. She went through our history and testing and showed us how things were going to go so we had no questions. Would live to go back. She talked to me and then would talk to my husband, about each of our issues.
She is such amazing doctor and we would love to go back to her
I loved this facility and the staff and doctor
When I went they had me do a few different tests. They had us do blood work. And then they sent me to do a test where they seen if my NY fallopian tubes they injected a blue dye. To see if went through which it did. When they did the test they had me under a xray machine with my feet up. She talked to me the whole time as she was in there. I had countless ultrasounds which they made me feel comfortable they talked to me and before u know it they were done.
Very friendly and caring staff. They answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I found they took my insurance. What ever wasnt covered. They sent me a bill for me and my husband. Which was good we could see what we needed to pay.
Loudonville
The doctor [Dr. Sonia Elguero] was very thorough and helpful. They are science based and dont sugar coat things or treat you as a number. The procedures were quick and we knew what to expect when going. They took good care of us while we were there...Loved that they gave advice on how many to implant. But are also cautious to not do multiples
The Albany center [of Boston IVF] is very clean, organized and friendly. Glad to see they were able to open a clinic in Syracuse as the clinic in upstate hospital was the one downfall. It didnt set the image they have at the Albany center. And scheduling was a complication... found out the egg quality was poor. So we used my partners and got pregnant on our last chance for insurance to cover it.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The doctor was very thorough and helpful. They are science based and dont sugar coat things or treat you as a number. The procedures were quick and we knew what to expect when going. They took good care of us while we were there
To not be nervous and trust them.
We have tried several times with cny fertility in Syracuse before coming to Boston ivf when they opened in upstate hospital in Syracuse and Albany. At cny fertility we knew something was not correct and the doctor just kept telling us it will work eventually and never looked into why fertility treatments weren't working. We tried once with Boston ivf and found out the egg quality was poor. So we used my partners and got pregnant on our last chance for insurance to cover it.
They were all wonderful. They call you when they say they will. They are available at any time that you need them. I was even able to text my nurse when they weren't open. They are all very knowledgeable and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The Albany center is very clean, organized and friendly. Glad to see they were able to open a clinic in Syracuse as the clinic in upstate hospital was the one downfall. It didnt set the image they have at the Albany center. And scheduling was a complication
Relatively affordable with insurance help

2018, Consult
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is...was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares...
I like that an ultrasound tech is actually doing the ultrasounds [at Boston IVF]. At my old clinic, nurses did it. I do wish the building itself was a little nicer, my old clinic felt like a spa...Everyone is very nice there. Michelle [nurse] answers all of my calls and emails in a timely fashion and really cares...you had to pay first before cycle began...She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is very kind and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is.
Listen to her and go for it. Even after a miscarriage, i am ready to get back in there and start my treatment asap.
Dr Elguero was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares
Everyone is very nice there. Michelle answers all of my calls and emails in a timely fashion and really cares
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I like that an ultrasound tech is actually doing the ultrasounds. At my old clinic, nurses did it. I do wish the building itself was a little nicer, my old clinic felt like a spa. Though, that doesnt really matter if you get pregnantz
Well, not overly cheap. And you had to pay first before cycle began.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Elguero is soft spoken but definitely does not sugar coat the situation. She wants the patient to be knowledgeable of the process and to feel comfortable with decisions being made. I appreciate her honesty...took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
Everything was broken down very specifically [costs at Boston IVF]. Consult roughly $450 IVF cost around $7500 ICSI Sperm retrievel $600 Medications (different for each person ) mine was $5600...I feel that a strength is that there are always familiar faces and everyone knows you personally. They are very aware of your journey and what you have been through, even if you have been there more than once. A weakness or downside has been having to use an outside doctor for sperm retrievel. It made things slightly stressful and complicated at times.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Ask a lot of questions! Feel 100% about your understanding of your situation.
I felt like a human! The doctor took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace has been with me for 2 full cycles now and I don't feel like I could have done it without her. She is absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Everything was broken down very specifically. Consult roughly $450 IVF cost around $7500 ICSI Sperm retrievel $600 Medications (different for each person ) mine was $5600
Loudonville
We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She [Dr. Elguero] wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion...She is honest, but also positive. She is also very thorough. She makes herself very available to her patients and looks at the issues from several different angles. She made my husband and I feel hope again.
This clinic [Boston IVF] is small and intimate. It’s not fancy just a plain looking efficient place. There’s no zen fountains or spa music, but there is a strong sense of schedule and community. I felt instantly more comfortable knowing that lots of money was not wasted on the decor...They [nurses] work hard to make things go smoothly between office visits. Casey is super compassionate and always very informed and helpful. All the other nurses and US techs are very skilled and very kind.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be patient and trust the process!
The communication is awesome between doctor/patient, staff/patient! Everyone is very compassionate and patient.
We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey Beauregard )
They r amazing! They work hard to make things go smoothly between office visits. Casey is super compassionate and always very informed and helpful. All the other nurses and US techs are very skilled and very kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinic is small and intimate. It’s not fancy just a plain looking efficient place. There’s no zen fountains or spa music, but there is a strong sense of schedule and community. I felt instantly more comfortable knowing that lots of money was not wasted on the decor.
Somewhere between 400-700 each visit. Typically 5-7 visits before iui
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
There was a power outage and the phones at the clinic went down. I did not receive a call with results that day. When I called the next morning I was told I had missed my appointment and that someone left me a message on my cell phone. I did not ever receive the message. It didn’t effect the cycle and I was able to come in the next day for monitoring.
Loudonville
The overall strategy [with Dr. Elguero] was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
[The nurses at Boston IVF] Took the time to explain every thing thoroughly and answered all my questions. They bolth provide tons of support and encouragement every month. They would always ask how I was feeling...Very efficient office. I never waited more then 5 min past my scheduled time. The phlebotomist and the ultrasound tec were very nice...Easy to make appointments with. Pleasant on the phone. Promptly returns phone calls if needed. All the staff were super supportive- the receptioneset, the phlebotomist, the medical assistant, the embryologist, everyone! Everyone in the office is rooting for you! They took great care of me
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very compassionate and caring. I developed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome after my fresh egg transfer that required me to be hospitalized due to a pocket of fluid around my liver causing me to get very sick at. Dr Elguero called the hospital in the middle of the night to check on me and then came to visit me the next day.
She is excellent. She will treat you AND your infertility. Feel free to ask all the questions you want!
She took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. She showed me visually what normal follicals looked like and then we compared mine. She also explained how the endometriosis had affected my egg quality. She took the time to go over all my diagnostic testing results with me and answered all my questions. She was very patient and I felt like she individualized my treatment plan specifically for me, not just a standard textbook plan of care. She treated me, not just my infertility.
The overall strategy was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Coons, NP. Casey B, RN.)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very organized. Easy to make appointments with. Pleasant on the phone. Promptly returns phone calls if needed. All the staff were super supportive- the receptioneset, the phlebotomist, the medical assistant, the embryologist, everyone! Everyone in the office is rooting for you! They took great care of me
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My insurance covered the IUI procedures up to 6x. It did not cover the drugs or needed ultrasounds or the harvest, transfer, and freezing of an egg. I felt the price was fair, but frustrated at the lack of insurance coverage and the lack of support from New York state.
Loudonville

Kacey [nurse at Boston IVF] was also very knowledgeable and explained things well. She also had great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable. Kacey was very compassionate and it was obvious she loved what she did...The clinic as a whole was great from the receptionist to Dr. Elguero. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Staff returned phone calls within a decent time frame. I never waited too long for appointments. Also, the woman in billing was extremely helpful and kind.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
From the very beginning I trusted Dr. Elguero and felt that she really loved what she does. She showed so much compassion and had an incredible bedside manner that made me feel comfortable. I knew my journey wouldn’t be easy but Dr. Elguero reassured me we would get to the bottom of my infertility. Once she suspected endometriosis she scheduled a laparoscopy ASAP. She was very thorough in explaining everything to me in a way that I understood and always took her time with me. I never felt rushed out. It took 4 IUIs for me to get pregnant. Each time an IUI failed Dr. Elguero continued to give me hope and essentially fight for me to get pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant Dr. Elguero popped in on my appointment to congratulate me and hugged me. It was a very kind gesture. I have and still would recommend Dr. Elguero to anyone going through infertility.
Be very patient and trust the process.
Dr. Elguero showed empathy and compassion during each meeting with her. One appointment in particular I cried because of a failed IUI attempt. My husband noticed that Dr. Elguero’s eyes began to tear up. She was not only a Doctor but someone I felt comfortable talking to about this difficult time in my life. She thoroughly explained things to me, sometimes she even drew pictures so that I could understand better. She also gave me hope and encouraged me to stay positive. More importantly, she never gave up on trying to find answers and making sure that I got my beautiful baby!
For my first three IUIs I was on clomid and one injection (to induce ovulation). Once Dr. Elguero realized this was not working she asked if I would be comfortable with injectable meds and explained the difference and risks. I was totally on board and on my fourth try using injectables I was able to get pregnant. Dr. Elguero gave my body time to react and once she realized it wasn’t working she moved on to the next option without jumping to IVF. She literally saved us thousands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kacey)
Kacey was also very knowledgeable and explained things well. She also had great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable. Kacey was very compassionate and it was obvious she loved what she did.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My insurance covered most of the costs. I just paid copays.
Loudonville
She [Dr. Elguero] is far by the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek...We tried 2 normal cycles with just taking blood work and watching for ovulation, we also tried a cycle with clomid and an IUI which was also unsuccessful. Then we tried a cycle of injectables with an IUI which yielded us a positive pregnancy...She was honest and kind. Very thorough in her explanations but also very positive at the same time. She never made me feel like our end result was unattainable even after three losses and a struggle to get pregnant with an Amh of .1
The clinic [Boston IVF] is very thorough and very easily reachable. They were slightly difficult to get in to get seen as early as we wanted but once we got in we felt like we were their number one priority. Everyone is easy to talk to and makes it feel like they know everything about your case and very knowledgeble on treatments and protocols...She [Dr. Elguero] is far by the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very sweet extremely intelligent and hard working. Makes you feel like your her only patient and the goal is attainable no matter the obstacles. She was very thorough in her explanation in tests and procedures and results. She thoroughly checked every aspect that could have been wrong and when finally coming up with a diagnosis gave my husband and I first step, second step, etc. protocols. She told us what she would do if something didn't work and gave time lines to everything. She also let us help in the decision making process and made us feel like our concerns were important and our opinions on our options were valued.
See her- she is well worth the wait. She is by far the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is very thorough and very easily reachable. They were slightly difficult to get in to get seen as early as we wanted but once we got in we felt like we were their number one priority. Everyone is easy to talk to and makes it feel like they know everything about your case and very knowledgeble on treatments and protocols.
Fortunately all of our costs were covered under my medical insurance for three treatments. I know the medicines (injectables) I bought would have been around the cost of $8,000
Loudonville
I truly felt well taken care of by Dr. Elguero and appreciate everything she has done for me. Right from the start I felt completely at ease with her and trusted her to make our dream come true. Dr. Elguero was very compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me...After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
All the staff [at Boston IVF] were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable...Michelle and Jessica [nurses] were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions...Dr. Elguero was always available to answer my questions. I felt like she treated me like her own daughter, was honest and truly seemed to care about my well being.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be your own advocate, don’t be afraid to speak up and voice your opinions.
We started with 3 IUI procedures that ended in all negative results. My husband and I took some time off then returned and spoke about our options. We decided to do a laparoscopy to determine cause and discovered endotrimosis that was contributing to my infertility. We then decided to do IVF. After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
Michelle and Jessica were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All the staff were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable.
Loudonville
She [Dr. Elguero] remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach...was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease...You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
The staff [at Boston IVF] are world class — just the absolute best! The only thing that I think the clinic could improve on is offering more appointment times later in the morning to accommodate different work schedules...I couldn’t go through this challenging process without the support of Jess and the rest of the staff. They truly hold me up during the process and Jess is always very thorough in her communication.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Sonia was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease.
You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
She remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The staff are world class — just the absolute best! The only thing that I think the clinic could improve on is offering more appointment times later in the morning to accommodate different work schedules.
Covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Paperwork from a blood test was lost or overlooked which was easily fixed I just had another blood test. There was also an occasion or two that I had to call in for results after not hearing by near close of business. Considering how many appointments and tests I have undergone I think this is understandable. I always got the information I needed after one follow up.
2015 - 2018, Successful
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. [Dr. Elguero] has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on...was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
Pricing is everything, and it was hard to get what a procedure is going to cost or getting help with grant information [at Boston IVF]. There were no list of medication prices either. We had to look up medication pricing ourselves...The Dr and Nurse listed the procedures very well. Any questions we had about the procedure or timing of anything was answered fully...Casey was an excellent nurse. She helped answer my wife's questions and was present during all check ups and appointments that my wife had.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The Dr was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
Make sure the Dr answers all of your questions and if you are unsure of a procedure or why something is, please ask her to explain it again or differently. It will help.
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. The Dr has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Pricing is everything, and it was hard to get what a procedure is going to cost or getting help with grant information. There were no list of medication prices either. We had to look up medication pricing ourselves.
The costs was a topic that was rarely discussed. We had limited funds and limited healthcare help. It was painful trying to get what costs what from the office.
I have no comments.
Loudonville
Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional...my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options...Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
Love Jess [nurse at Boston IVF]. She is compassionate, caring, informative and professional. She planned my cycles out with Dr. Elugero and constantly was communicating with me. She is organized and always responded quickly to all of my questions and emails...clean, professional and stayed close to appointment times. The waiting rooms and exam rooms were appropriate being clean, dim lighted, clean equipment etc. I never had concerns about the clinic as everyone was professional
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional.Our nurse Jessica is so helpful. Her response were timely and informative. She has been a life saver through this emotional process. We Love the Albany IVF team!!
This journey isnt easy. Time, patience and being informed is very important. Be prepared for the unexpected challenges that may lie ahead.
my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options
We are a same sex couple without fertility issues. Qe have conceived 3 children over the last several years under the care Of Dr. Peter Horvath and now Dr. Elguero. One of our pregnancies we recently experienced a mid term loss and a previous misscarraige and the staff at albany ivf were amazing during such difficult times. Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
Love Jess. She is compassionate, caring, informative and professional. She planned my cycles out with Dr. Elugero and constantly was communicating with me. She is organized and always responded quickly to all of my questions and emails
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
insurance covered most of our treatment costs
Loudonville
Sonia Elguero was very welcoming, put everything in black and white, there was no misunderstanding what any of our blood work meant. She every personable, i never walked out of her office wondering anout test or our next step...She very honest with us explained all of our results, what was going to happen next and what to expect
They [nurses at Boston IVF] are wondeeful! Very personable, supportive, encourging...Office vists, lab work, ultrasounds and it was all very affordable...Easy to call, locate, the staff is amazing, patients come first, i never felt like a number, the doctor knew my name, the nurse, everyone its almost like ive been going for years and i had only been there twice
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Make sure you are ready to hear the worst, because chances are the worst your expecting is what you might here
Just starting our first protocal dont have mich information for you
They are wondeeful! Very personable, supportive, encourging
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Office vists, lab work, ultrasounds and it was all very affordable
No comment
2015 - 2018, Successful
Ask questions, she [Dr. Sonia Elguero] always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions... She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided...I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy.
[Boston IVF was] Very clean and welcoming! Kind and helpful staff along with nurses and doctors. Prompt phone calls back when undergoing treatment. I would recommend them to any one! Always feel like a human and not a number and like my care and concerns matter...Ask questions, she [Dr. Sonia Elguero] always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid question
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy. Now we are undergoing treatment to hopefully be blessed with another little one. Dr. Elguero has been an absolute blessing and rock for our family. She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided.
Ask questions, she always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions.