Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
1919 State Street
New Albany, IN 47150
812.842.4530
4199 Gateway Blvd.
Newburgh, IN 47630
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 15Neutral: 29.6
1 doctor
Great staff [at Boston IVF-Newburgh], great facility, great dr You do deal mostly with the nurses but they answer honestly if they don’t know and quick to ask him. He spends a lot of time with each patient and is up to date on medical knowledge. Resulted in live birth and 3 frozen embryos!... 10,500 for ivf with icsi - all monitoring retrieval, transfer, labs Meds were 3000 Iui with clomid and no monitoring 300$ With monitoring 1800
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Great staff, great facility, great dr You do deal mostly with the nurses but they answer honestly if they don’t know and quick to ask him. He spends a lot of time with each patient and is up to date on medical knowledge. Resulted in live birth and 3 frozen embryos!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
He knew my case without looking at notes, spent considerable time with us, answered all questions
They were amazing! Responsive to phone calls, great at explaining results, compassionate!!
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
He was very thorough, knowledgeable, open to questions. Made you feel like the only patient in the clinic, never rushed. He discussed all risks and options. He was up to date on all treatments and research
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Ask questions
Describe the protocols Dan Griffin used in your cycles at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Iui cycles with clomid - unmonitored - we chose this for mfi as it was inexpensive and last ditch effort prior to ivf (300$/cycle) nurses performed procedure. He did not think adding injections would greatly increase our chances and would be 3000/cycle for meds and monitoring For ivf cycle we were dx with mfi only. All female tests were normal- started with ocp and antagonist protocol. Hyperstimmed and doses were decreased at each visit. On follistim, menopur, centrotide. at last monitoring appt ultrasound showed greater than 40 follicles and high estrogen. Triggered with lupron to avoid ohss. At retrieval unfortunately had started ovulating (free fluid in pelvis and significantly less eggs visualized) still ended with 15 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with icsi. 5 made it to day 5/6, 4 good quality and the other discarded. Implanted 5aa embryo fresh transfer resulting in live Singleton
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Describe Dan Griffin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
He very strongly encouraged eSet given high quality day 5 blast and my age. Did not offer multiple. Not sure if he would have agreed to transfer of 2 if we had pushed
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
I believe we paid around $10,000 for the egg retrieval, fertilization and transfer [at Boston IVF-Newburgh]. They did offer a discount plan if you wanted to do 3 consecutive egg retrievals. Medicine was expensive which brought our total more around $15,000 for everything. The good thing is they refer you to a pharmacy up north that offers a discount. The discount was pretty substantial from other quotes we got.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Honestly, I have nothing negative to say. The clinic was very organized and full of caring and friendly staff. The staff at the front window recognize you, and it carries on through the rest of the clinic. Such a wonderful place to receive treatments!!
Dr. Griffin was always very personable with my husband and I. He didn't always have good news to give us, but he made sure he was always up front and honest with us. He also showed sorrow for our losses. (Lost twins at 22 weeks due to severe preeclampsia). He made sure to always keep us fully informed. Truly a gifted doctor!
All of the nursing staff treated us like family! They shared in the joy and the heartache of our journey! They are all amazing, and so friendly! Another huge blessing on our journey. We really couldn't have asked for better nurses!
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin is a very hands on doctor. Even when out of town, he wanted to be the one contacted about my treatment plan. He showed sadness over the loss of our twins. He also showed great concern over the last transfer we had and making sure my health was closely monitored. He even accomodated my wish for an extra ultrasound before leaving his care to go to a high risk doctor. He was always very informative about things, even if it was unfortunate news. He was always friendly, and you could tell he genuinely cared about his patients.
I don't think you'll find a better doctor to put in charge of your fertility journey! Please, if you're debating his clinic or another choose him. You won't regret it!
I didn't have regular cycles, so Dr. Griffin prescribed medicine to kick start one. After he thought my body was ready it was time for fertility injections to make my eggs mature. (For our first cycle we were trying timed intercourse). He was very cautious, and increased my dosage of fertility meds very slowly to prevent overstimulation. Timed intercourse didn't work, so 23 jumped to IVF next. Same procedure of fertility meds to stimulate my eggs to mature. Followed by egg retrieval. He told me I was one of his highest egg count retrievals. I ended up with kissing ovaries, which meant a fresh transfer was impossible. I cried, and he highed me and reassured me all would be well and we could proceed with a frozen transfer once things returned to normal. He monitored me to make sure the swelling went down and that all was okay once my ovaries were back to normal. Before the next transfer was scheduled, he had me come in for a trial transfer to make sure there would be no complications for the actual transfer. This particular transfer resulted in both embryos taking! We were blessed with 2 sweet boys that we lost at 22 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. Dr. Griffin was very sympathetic to our loss. He was okay with doing another single embryo transfer once we were cleared by our high risk doctor. Our next transfer didn't take. Again, he showed sympathy. Next transfer took, but resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Again, he showed sympathy for us. Our last embryo had appeared to split before freezing. Dr. Griffin warned it could be twins, but said he was willing to do the transfer. This transfer was successful! I'll never forget when Dr. Griffin breathed a sigh of relief at my first ultrasound that showed a single baby. He also shared in our joy. I saw him for one or two more ultrasounds after that, one of which was my request because I was paranoid after losing the twins. He very graciously said it was no problem and was happy to oblige. Dr. Griffin was the doctor we needed for our journey. I honestly can't imagine having had a better doctor through the ups and downs. Should we ever decide to try again, he will be who we see!
I believe we paid around $10,000 for the egg retrieval, fertilization and transfer. They did offer a discount plan if you wanted to do 3 consecutive egg retrievals. Medicine was expensive which brought our total more around $15,000 for everything. The good thing is they refer you to a pharmacy up north that offers a discount. The discount was pretty substantial from other quotes we got.
Dr. Griffin does not transfer more than 2 embryos at a time. He doesn't want to risk anyones health by transferring too many embryos and them all taking. Which we understoof and were fine with! After suffering from severe preeclampsia he only wanted to transfer one embryo at a time for us. Again, we understood and were fine with that! He really does keep the mothers health concerns a priority in addition to the babies.
Newburgh
[At Boston IVF-Indiana] I had a cancelled IVF cycle due to the physician's decision on a start date for meds. I had discarded embryos that I received and e-mail about, as the only means of communication. I also received conflicting information about what embryos were kept and which were discarded...IUI: Monitored cycle cost $1300. Non-monitored cost $300. Injectable cycle was around $1750, all costs don't include medication. IVF: Base cost $8500, ICSI is $1000, Freezing embryos is $1000. They do offer plans where you can pay $20,000 for 2 cycles including FET and ICSI. Or a discount program $1000 off every Fresh IVF cycle after the first. FET: $6000 Ultrasound: about $300
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
The clinic is great. Pricey but great. I did not have success there and sought a 2nd opinion due to money being an issue, and multiple failed cycles. If I could afford to stay there, I would, I also would go back. I had some issues there that make me sour, but none of them had to do with nurses, coordinators or anything of the like. I had some issues with communication and feeling like everything possible was done when I was paying out of pocket.
The office staff knew my name, Dr. Griffin was able to recall details about me that weren't just about my case, and everyone was friendly while working with your schedule.
The nursing staff was amazing!! The phlebotomist, Jennifer, is amazing! She listens and does her best all the time. The Ultrasound Tech, Missy, was my favorite. I was never afraid to ask her anything. They had multiple nurses, and some training, all of which were great. Marcy at the front test is wonderful and always helpful and polite. The nurses who work in the surgical area, Jessica specifically, are amazing. I never had an issue with a nurse.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Strengths: He is extremely knowledgeable and positive. He has had great success. When a procedure is suggested or a next course is planned he gives you all the details. He is great at communicating things and answering all questions, he has a wonderful bedside manner and always wants you to feel comfortable. He doesn't sugarcoat information, but he is not rude about things either. He looks at all aspects of a case. When a failed cycle occurs he always meets with you and insists on making changes to either help improve your odds or just to try something different since he doesn't like to use the same things and possibly get the same results. Weaknesses: He doesn't give you all the details when things do not go according to plan. You have to be your own advocate and have done some research before hand. I had a cancelled IVF cycle because I had ovulated prematurely. In the appointment prior to starting the cycle I specifically asked about birth control so that we could be on a good schedule for both of us. He didn't listen, said I didn't need it since I had irregular cycles anyway, and we did a random start date. This mistake ended up costing me over $1,000 in having to replace meds I had already used, when the next cycle we did use birth control.
Be your own advocate and do your research before hand. Make sure you know the details and take notes.
IUIs: We did 3 failed IUIs, mostly due to low sperm count on my husband's side, with Femara. My reaction varied from 1-3 follicles each time. We triggered with HCG all three times. However, once we used Ovidrel and that saved me some money, but had the same outcome. IVF: We used an antagonist protocol. I was on 225IU of Gonal-F, 75 of Menopur, and then .25 Cetrotide when the time came. I triggered with Ovidrel. Dr. Griffin said this was his middle of the road protocol since I had responded well with Femara. I ended up with 11 eggs, 9 of which were mature. All 9 were fertilized with ICSI, we transferred 2, a grade 5BB and 3AB, neither implanted. Of the rest left 5 arrested, and 2 were discarded due to low grades, 5CC. I got an e-mail about them being discarded after it had already happened and had to call the embryologist myself to figure out what happened. I was not happy about this, although I knew they could do something like this, I was originally informed it was if they had grades of D's not C's. During my last appointment he mentioned it seemed to be more of a MFI issue, however he would change my protocol the next round and use a Lupron flare protocol. Once I got a second opinion I was informed that all the embryos weren't of the best quality but this was never mentioned to me, even during my follow up appointment.
Dr. Griffin would transfer 1 or 2 embryos and he let you decide which you wanted to do. He explained all the risks for multiples and would not transfer more than 2.
New Albany
Overall, the clinic [Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital] is great! I really do not have any complaints. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked...My insurance did not cover anything fertility related, so Dr. Griffin and his team did everything they could to help us out...Dr. Griffin's nursing staff is excellent! All of them have great bedside manners. They are always just a phone call away and are always quick to answer any questions I may have.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Overall, the clinic is great! I really do not have any complaints. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked.
Dr. Griffin was very personable and always made sure I knew exactly what we were doing every step of the way. He was also very quick to answer in questions I had in detail.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin is a wonderful doctor! He has been there every step of the way. He is always trying to have a positive outlook, no matter the situation. He is very thorough in his testing. Also he has great bedside manners. Anytime I was nervous about a situation or procedure, he was always right there to reassure me!
Trust Dr. Griffin and trust the process! He is an all-around great doctor!
After my first appointment with Dr. Griffin he started testing with both my husband and I. He had my husband give a semen analysis, which came back great. He then performed an ultrasound and did blood work. He then concluded that I had pcos with an ovulated cycles. He prescribed me Provera to start my period and then had me take letrazole on cd 3-7. He was fairly confident that we would conceive within 6 months of this treatment. It has been almost 6 months and we are currently waiting to see if we conceived this cycle
New Albany
I was blown away by his staff [at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital] from check in to check out. I was greeted in a friendly manner and I was taken on a personal tour of the facility. I did not ask for a tour but it was graciously offered and I gladly accepted. The facility was beautiful and so were the people. One thing that stood out to me about his nursing staff was during my HSG procedure. I did not had any idea going in that it would be painful. No clue whatsoever. The nurse asked me if I viewed anything about it on YouTube and I told her that I had not reviewed anything. She said she was glad I did not because a lot of people came in afraid. That did worry me but she offered me reassurance and a hand to hold (literally). I thought I was going to break her hand and I even told her this. She told me to squeeze her hand tighter if I needed to! After the procedure they stayed a moment with me to be sure I was okay and they checked on my well bein
European, Other
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
The facility is beautiful. I was blown away the moment I walked in the waiting room. It was by far a better environment than the fertility doctor I saw previously, not to say anything was wrong with where I went before. The staff gave me a tour of their facility and everything seemed well kept, clean and organized. The one thing in their facility that I love is a wall where they place footprints of all of their children! Every time a little one is successfully born with the help of their services the family comes in a puts a footprint in blue or pink paint along with their birth info (name, weight, length) along side the print. There are a lot of footprints on this wall which means a lot of successful pregnancies! It is awesome for patients to have that visual. Everyone at this facility treated me like a friend, not like a patient. I only wish that it was closer to my home. I felt so strong about their care and services that I made the long trip to be seen.
I remember when I first heard of Boston IVF. I was visiting my OBGYN for my yearly exam and I went to the checkout counter and there I saw a brochure. They were advertising that they now had an in-house doctor to discuss infertility and treatment options with patients! I thought how fantastic is that?! Previously my OBGYN had referred me to another practice and doctor - Dr. Kit Devine with Fertility and Endocrine Associates and now I could see a doctor only minutes from my house. So, I scheduled a consultation at my OBGYN's office in New Albany, Indiana with Dr. Daniel Griffin. His practice is actually located in Newburgh, Indiana and he has such a passion for helping families dealing with infertility that he travels to New Albany once a month to meet with families who want to have a family. That alone made me feel good about seeing him because I knew he truly cared and wanted to offer his services to more than just families local to his practice.
I was blown away by his staff from check in to check out. I was greeted in a friendly manner and I was taken on a personal tour of the facility. I did not ask for a tour but it was graciously offered and I gladly accepted. The facility was beautiful and so were the people. One thing that stood out to me about his nursing staff was during my HSG procedure. I did not had any idea going in that it would be painful. No clue whatsoever. The nurse asked me if I viewed anything about it on YouTube and I told her that I had not reviewed anything. She said she was glad I did not because a lot of people came in afraid. That did worry me but she offered me reassurance and a hand to hold (literally). I thought I was going to break her hand and I even told her this. She told me to squeeze her hand tighter if I needed to! After the procedure they stayed a moment with me to be sure I was okay and they checked on my well being for the remainder of my visit and even followed up with me the next day. They also offered recommendations to ease my pain for that evening.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
I was very nervous to meet with Dr. Griffin and I am not even sure entirely why ,because I had met with a fertility clinic prior to that, Fertility and Endocrine Associates. I had an idea of what to expect already but my nerves might've been due to the fact that my previous attempts at Fertility and Endocrine Associates had failed and I was worried that this would fail too. When going through difficulties with fertility it can sometimes be hard to stay optimistic. Together we reviewed my medical history and the treatment plan I followed at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. He developed the next steps for me to continue my treatment under his care and I felt confident in knowing that he had my best interest. I scheduled another appointment with him for further testing at his Newburgh location. I felt confident enough and so comfortable with him that I made the couple hour drive out to his practice for testing. I was excited to see his facility and for my journey to continue. He made me feel optimistic again.
Even if you are not local to his practice the care and expertise that is offered is worth the travel. I was blown away by the facility and by Dr. Griffin and his staff. When I was with them I felt like I was the only patient in their care and that I had their undivided attention. I would recommend to a prospective patient to ask questions and to ask them again. I thought that things had been explained to me in simple terms before but when I say that Dr.Griffin drew me a picture I mean he drew me a picture. I had some confusion about certain things and Dr.Griffin seriously took out a piece of paper and pen and drew me a picture to help illustrate what was going on with me. I never had a doctor do that before and it helped me to grasp what we were discussing and it made me feel like he truly cared about me.
I had previously went through 3 rounds of medication (Chlomid, Letrozole, Femara) with a previous Doctor so Dr.Griffin did not want to waste my time and money going back to treatments that did not work. Before moving on to more advanced treatments such as IUI or IVF Dr.Griffin performed some bloodwork, an ultrasound and then he also performed a HSG. He wanted to rule out any blockages in my tubes or any issues with my ovaries before moving onto expensive treatments such as IUI or IVF. He informed me that if there was any obstructions that IUI or IVF would be unsuccessful. The treatment was incredibly painful but I felt comfortable and safe with the staff who was conducting the procedure. The procedure was explained to me step my step so there was no surprises and then end result was no blockages. I was thrilled! Immediately after we met to talk about the next steps in my treatment.
My first cost incurred under Dr Griffin was a consultation held at my OBGYN's office. I also had some blood work and an ultrasound. Before insurance those services are roughly $500 but after insurance it was less than $100. The most costly procedure that I had under his care was an HSG test although I can't recall the cost exactly I believe it was around $500. I also do not recall if my insurance covered part of that exam since they cover some things and not others. My insurance covers testing up to the diagnosis of infertility and they cover nothing after that.
I did not get to this point in my treatment with Dr. Griffin but the process was explained to me. This would have been a bit more difficult for me because Dr.Griffin's practice was roughly 2 hours from my home. Although Dr.Griffin comes to my OBGYN's office on a monthly basis for consultations, he performs all procedures outside of routine bloodwork at his practice in Newburgh.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
We have never had a negative experience with Dr. Griffin and Boston IVF. When you start your journey with Boston IVF, you become part of this family. When you are told or realize that you need to seek the help of a fertility clinic, you feel defeated or like you have hit rock bottom. Dr. Griffin and his staff will give you the best possible treatment options while bringing you up from that low point in your life. There is most certainly an emotional aspect to dealing with fertility and it's really great to know that there is a doctor that understands that and whose staff will help you sort through your feelings.
I feel like Dr. Griffin cared genuinely about the failure/success of each cycle and how to improve our chances for future cycles.
I felt like the entire nursing staff was professional but also emotionally invested in our treatments. Made us feel more like a friend or family rather than patients.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin was very professional and easy to talk to about our questions and concerns. Fertility treatments take so much away from you but Dr. Griffin let you feel like you still had some dignity and could still Make you laugh even during the most sensitive of procedures.
He is full of information and even if you think your question is ridiculous, never be afraid to ask anything. He will make sure that you completely understand everything before you leave his office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
There were some mornings that I needed to be at work at 8am and I was able to be seen before normal clinic hours so I could still get to work on time. I was also able to get appointments set a little later in the morning so I could go during my lunch break.
We had 3 back to back IUIs without insurance and paid out of pocket prior to first ultrasound of the cycle. We were fortunate to get fertility insurance prior to IVF cycle and freeze all cycle (paid out of pocket for embryologist for genetic testing only) so prices were not bad. When we are ready for embryo transfer in the future, it will be $3400 each time (includes the transfer and all ultrasounds and bloodwork leading up to transfer).
Dr. Griffin is very adamant about not transferring more than 2. We transferred 2 embryos for our first transfer which resulted in 1 singleton. We unfortunately lost our son after birth at 25 weeks so we have agreed to transfer a single embryo in the future as twins, for us, could pose a serious risk.
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
I really liked that the clinic [Boston IVF] had a place to make coffee because a lot of the appointments were early in the morning. They were always on time. I never had to wait long in the waiting room.Missy was such a great and supportive nurse. Missy was always happy to see me and was very organized. Missy has such a positive energy that made my worries and nerves just melt away. Missy took time out of her day to speak with me on a day that I didn't even have an appointment.
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
I really liked that the clinic had a place to make coffee because a lot of the appointments were early in the morning. They were always on time. I never had to wait long in the waiting room.
DR. Griffen and his staff were very professional but also very friendly. They always remembered things that we had talked about at previous appointments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Missy)
Missy was such a great and supportive nurse. Missy was always happy to see me and was very organized. Missy has such a positive energy that made my worries and nerves just melt away. Missy took time out of her day to speak with me on a day that I didn't even have an appointment. I also saw Missy a few weeks before I delivered walking around the hospital and she stopped and spoke with me, not every nurse would do that or even remember who I was.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr.Griffin was very good at explaining to me what needed to be done and how they were going to do them. Dr. Griffin never made me feel like I was being pressured jnto doing anything I was uncomfortable with. Anytime I had a question about anything Dr. Griffin was more than willing to listen and answer. I was a little worried about having a male doctor, but never once did I feel uncomfortable.
I would give the advice to stay calm and know that you're in good hands.
I don't remember specific measurements. The only thing that surprised me was having to watch a video to learn how to give myself the shots instead of being shown.
I don't remember specifics. It seems like the medicine was the most expensive part.
I like the fact that he would only transfer two embryos at the most. I felt like he was looking out for not only mine but the babies health as well.
Other, Unexplained
[Boston IVF Womens Clinic] Very friendly and compassionate. The only issue we ran into is we were not informed that we needed to pay for the IUI before hand in full. We ended up doing the procedure and expected to get a bill that we could make payments on but they sent a bill for the whole thing. They did apologize for the mistake and took full credit for the issue and let us make payments since they did not communicate to us what they needed before hand so it wasn't so terrible.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
He was very well educated and even though others would see our loss as a "chemical pregnancy" since I was only pregnant a week before it was over he still called it a miscarriage because he knew that in only a week it was already the most important thing to us.
They were very friendly. Always gentle and kind. One nurse was very comforting during my HSG test which was more painful than I had though it would be
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
He was very nice. Always ready to explain anything I needed. The only thing I found off putting was he diagnosed me with unexplained infertility but I went to a OBGYN and she said it looked like I had PCOS. I'm not sure how he missed that...
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
We did an HSG test to see if my tubes we block and see if my uterous was slanted or not but everything checked out. He did a sperm sample on my husband which showed his morphology was off but he instructed he take a multivitamin and that would take care of it. We would try the next month after they were in his system. The next month came and he put me on Clomid. And he had me come in during my fertile window and drew blood to see when I would ovulate since I don't really get accurate results from the at home tests. When it was time we did an IUI. I ended up getting pregnant but I lost it about a week later he said we could try again but it was too expensive for me to try again.
The testing was all covered by my insurance so I do not remember that completely. However I do believe with blood work testing to see when I would ovulate plus the IUI we paid about $2500
Newburgh
This clinic is outstanding. Their office is friendly, organized and well coordinated.... The nurses are great. They are very friendly, always have a smile on their face when you walk in. I always feel welcome in their office.... Our first visit we were nearly 30 minutes late as we got lost (live an hour away from the doctor's office). We were so worried that we woudn't get to see Dr. Griffin, however he made the time for us. We weren't rushed at all, he took his time, and answered all of our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
This clinic is outstanding. Their office is friendly, organized and well coordinated. I would definitely reccomend them to anyone.
Our first visit we were nearly 30 minutes late as we got lost (live an hour away from the doctor's office). We were so worried that we woudn't get to see Dr. Griffin, however he made the time for us. We weren't rushed at all, he took his time, and answered all of our questions and concerns. We were so thankful.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin is very thorough and knowledgeable. He takes his time explaining all the options and we never feel rushed while we are there. He just makes us feel comfortable. I've seen other doctors, however Dr. Griffin was the only one to identify the problem and determine a plan of action for us. Which we are extremely grateful for. Having answers was a huge relief, and knowing that there are still options available for us means everything.
Be open and honest. That is key in communicating with any doctor. What is best is that with Dr. Griffin, he values your point of view and takes it into consideration. He makes you feel like we're a team striving for one goal.
I have diminished ovarian reserve, and will possibly be doing IVF if all goes well. Right now we are waiting on blood work results, and ultrasound. If those check out, we will proceed with IVF.
Newburgh
They [Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital] are very organized and great at getting back to you within a timely manner and answering and questions I have. The only weakness I can note is the weekend scheduling is a bit tight and you sometimes have to wait quite awhile but I understand it's because they are not fully staffed on weekends.... We did a cycle of mini IVF which was $5000.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
They are very organized and great at getting back to you within a timely manner and answering and questions I have. The only weakness I can note is the weekend scheduling is a bit tight and you sometimes have to wait quite awhile but I understand it's because they are not fully staffed on weekends.
He and his staff are very personable and greeted me by name every visit
They were very approachable and knowledgeable. They showed great compassion and sympathy when our cycles did not result in pregnancy.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin was extremely knowledgeable and great at explaining all procedures along with risks and potential outcomes. We felt very comfortable with his overall treatment and good bedside manner. He took time to answer all questions and give referrals when needed.
Relax and trust his judgement and doesn't hesitate to voice concerns or ask questions.
We did several different treatments including unmedicatied IUI since I ovulated on my own, medicated IUIs to boost chances by potentially releasing another egg, and a 'mini' IVF cycle which was recommended because we couldn't afford a traditional IVF cycle. With the mini IVF we did not do injections and only used Clomid and produced 2 eggs which both were fertilized and transferred.
Our insurance covered the IUIs but we have to pay 50% of medication with injections and those were anywhere from $300-600. We did a cycle of mini IVF which was $5000
Newburgh
The clinic [Boston IVF at the Women's Hospital] is very clean, but doesn't have that "sterile" feeling like other doctor's offices. There's always a warm welcome when you walk through the door. It is also easy to get to for being in a larger city.... The nurses were great! Always there to help, and they even spent hours on the phone with insurance companies trying to get my treatments covered, approved, and set up so we could begin IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
The clinic is very clean, but doesn't have that "sterile" feeling like other doctor's offices. There's always a warm welcome when you walk through the door. It is also easy to get to for being in a larger city.
He was knowledgeable on our case when we would go in to the office, and he was very willing to let us begin the IVF process.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
As a patirnt, I felt welcome at Dr. Griffins office, and although we didn't get the outcome we were expecting, it was not at all at the fault of the doctor. Wait times weren't long, and the doctor was even willing to schedule appointments and multiple procedures for the same day so I wouldn't have to make the 2 hour drive more than once.
Just be open and honest with Dr. Griffin, he is willing to help however he can.
I had bloodwork done, genetic testing, an ultrasound, and an HSG before we decided IVF would be our treatment course.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
This clinic [Boston IVF at the Women's Hospital] is state of the art. It has a soothing atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful and very reassuring. There seems to be a high rate of pregnancy from this facility. The clinic has meetings during the month people can attend to learn more about fertility treatments.... IUI around $2000 and the medication was another $1000. The IVF is $8500 and $1000 to freeze the embryos....
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
This clinic is state of the art. It has a soothing atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful and very reassuring. There seems to be a high rate of pregnancy from this facility. The clinic has meetings during the month people can attend to learn more about fertility treatments.
He is very personable and directs you as a person and not just a number.
The nursing staff is amazing! They will answer every question and do it with a manner I’ve never experienced before. They don’t act like any question is dumb and always so polite. They explain everything that is going on .
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr Griffen is very personable and compassionate to you as the patient. He talks directly to you and seems as if he really cares about his patients. The office is very up to date and calming. He will listen and answer every question you have.
You won’t regret it!!!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Everyone you speak to [at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital] knows you certain circumstances. Your not just a file your a person.... I love that on my first letter it said for our patients please don't bring children to appointments. That met the world to me it was hard going to my regular OBGYN and seeing all these newborns or pregnant females I always ended up in tears.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Everyone you speak to knows you certain circumstances. Your not just a file your a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Lexi)
They are all wonderful. They care to hear what's going on and explain each step.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr. Griffin is ready when you come into his office he has studied your history and/or test results. He gives you option for treatment and most important he gives you hope. I don't think he'd be doctor to just give up he would find a way.
Be patient it's a very long emotional process.
He gave me percentages for my age and my diagnosis. He had option to get my percentage up to normal range. He understands that not everyone can afford all treatments.
So far about $2,000
No comments
Newburgh
No complaints [about Boston IVF]. Very easy to work with...We had insurance. So not sure. Our 4 cycles including meds are worth well over 100,000. But meds are a huge part of that...We lost 4 embryos to a genetic issue. One nurse cried with me. They love what they do. They care...
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
No complaints. Very easy to work with
He keeps very close tabs on patients and their progress
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
Dr Griffin is top notch. I have no doubt be was the correct choice. He was caring yet honest. He tweaked meds and approaches as needed. Even when my odds diminished he was willing to stick with us and formulate new plans. He cares. He is invested. He is making a difference.
Set up a consult. You don't have to commit. But you will!
We tried diff med protocols. Doses changed as hormones changed. We did both protagonist and antagonist cycles.
2013 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Every nurse I have come in contact with [at Boston IVF at the Women's Hospital] has been fabulous...The clinic has been wonderful. Everyone is very kind and supportive. I would recommend them to anyone needing help getting pregnant. New patients will have a wonderful experience. The financial advisor has been a blessing to work with...Dr Daniel Griffin has been an excellent provider. He is caring and has a wonderful bedside manner. He really cares about his patients and is truly passionate about helping his patients achieve their goals of becoming parents.
2013 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital.
Every nurse I have come in contact with has been fabulous
Nothing
Clomid didn't respond Femara got pregnant with a son More Femara ended with 2 ectopic pregnancies Now injections 1 round
Newburgh
...[Boston IVF] nurses were also kind and helpful.. I didn't feel embarrassed or helpless.. they were all wonderful...My insurance covered most but does not cover ivf at all.. it's going to be $8750...[The clinic] All around great...They were all very helpful.. he [Dr. Dan Griffin] explained everything I'd be going through in great detail.. he didn't make me feel bad about what I was going though...Trust him. He really knows what he's talking about
All around great
He's great with his patients
All around great
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF at The Women's Hospital?
They were all very helpful.. he explained everything I'd be going through in great detail.. he didn't make me feel bad about what I was going though.. he's nurses were also kind and helpful.. I didn't feel embarrassed or helpless.. they were all wonderful
Trust him. He really knows what he's talking about
He only goes up to 2 eggs per transfer
Newburgh
The staff [at Boston IVF at the Women's Hospital] was always friendly and never made you feel rushed or that they didn't care. They were compassionate to my needs and explained plans throughly. Always welcoming and a friendly smiling face when you need it most!... Dr. Griffin was always friendly and kind. He took the time to throughly go over details of test results, action plans, and answered any questions I had. He gave us all of our options and made sure that we understood all of them.
The staff was always friendly and never made you feel rushed or that they didn't care. They were compassionate to my needs and explained plans throughly. Always welcoming and a friendly smiling face when you need it most!