6.7

Selling medication is not offered

778 Main St
South Portland, ME 04106
207.358.7600

When we first met Dr Lannon he was polite and treated us well. Sometimes being a bi-racial couple I still feel like there are stereotypes out there but we didn’t get that feeling at all. He was able to answer all of our questions and even out of the office if I had questions he gave us his email address where he was very prompt to answer our questions...He doesn’t push anything or force any decisions for us to make.
I do wish there were more [Boston IVF] clinics above Portland to help provide services to more northern Maine families...I wish the hours were more flexible, being open later in the day for those who work full time and don’t have the flexibility right away for simple appointments...IVF fee of $10,400 plus the sperm injection of $2750 that would need to be paid up front. The fee for freezing of $1300 will be billed it there are viable embryos to freeze after the transfer.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
When we first met Dr Lannon he was polite and treated us well. Sometimes being a bi-racial couple I still feel like there are stereotypes out there but we didn’t get that feeling at all. He was able to answer all of our questions and even out of the office if I had questions he gave us his email address where he was very prompt to answer our questions. I do feel like the process we have been going through has been taking some time. For example last year we met with him and I would have through we would have done blood tests on me to make sure I was sound to have a baby and check my eggs but it wasn’t until I asked him that he said we could if I wanted to. I feel like that should have just been automatic but maybe not?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Write down your questions a head of time and even if you have more questions after you leave from meeting him don’t be afraid to reach out. He’s very polite and easy to approach.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I feel like Dr.Lannon has been doing what my husband and I have asked. He’s even gone a step further and has kept in contact with me through e-mail which I believe is to be personable. If I have questions he’s there to answer. He doesn’t push anything or force any decisions for us to make.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Maine Center and their degree of success.
My has has a hard time ejaculating Dr Lannon recommended taking a decongestant to see if that will help with the flow of the seamen. He believes my husband may have retrograde ejaculation.He had my husband complete a sperm sample which was 1.5 million which is very low. My husband had a hydrocele on his right testicle. He recommended a urologist who then recommended surgery on my husband. We had that completed and Dr Lannon recommended repeat the sperm sample which was 2.8 million this time still low. He now recommends IVF with ICSI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Whenever we went there they were alway nice. I’ve only been there once so not much to review about. The first time meeting everyone though was fine.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
I like how it’s not far from home. I do wish there were more clinics above Portland to help provide services to more northern Maine families otherwise people have to travel far for these services. I wish the hours were more flexible, being open later in the day for those who work full time and don’t have the flexibility right away for simple appointments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Based on the tentative plan that Dr Lannon has in for you it would the IVF fee of $10,400 plus the sperm injection of $2750 that would need to be paid up front. The fee for freezing of $1300 will be billed it there are viable embryos to freeze after the transfer. This is directly from the financial coordinator

2015 - 2019, Successful
Often times when meeting with Dr. Alper he wouldn't know what our diagnosis was, or what our history was. He'd make a blanket statement and we'd have to kind of correct him and it wasn't until then he'd check our file and then change what he had said.... Dr. Alper is very knowledgeable but also very nonchalant. We often felt that our case wasn't a big deal. At the same time he was open to our questions and very good at explaining everything in detail. I wish we hadn't stuck with the same protocol over and over until we ran out of embryos
I loved the nursing staff at Boston IVF.... Administration is not the most compassionate, they're disorganized and short in their answers. I always felt like I was bothering them with my questions. The nurses are wonderful. The blood drawing team and the ultrasound techs are amazing.... $12,000 FOR IVF cycle not including meds. $4,000 for frozen embryo transfer not including meds. All bloodwork and monitoring before starting a cycle was additional cost.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Alper is very knowledgeable but also very nonchalant. We often felt that our case wasn't a big deal. At the same time he was open to our questions and very good at explaining everything in detail. I wish we hadn't stuck with the same protocol over and over until we ran out of embryos, but he sort of made us feel like we had to just "go with the flow".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Educate yourselves first. Be prepared to ask questions. Know what you want and fight for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Often times when meeting with Dr. Alper he wouldn't know what our diagnosis was, or what our history was. He'd make a blanket statement and we'd have to kind of correct him and it wasn't until then he'd check our file and then change what he had said. If we weren't there to remind him we wouldn't have gotten proper treatment in my opinion. He would have just told the nurse to tell us to do one thing when really we're doing something else now because I spoke up.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Maine Center and their degree of success.
After losing 4 of our 5 embryos to negative cycles and chemical pregnancies we finally did ERA. We cured that with 3 cycles of antibiotics but then moved forward with another transfer with the same protocol as before even though I asked for the autoimmune protocol just to be safe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Delsignori)
I loved the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Dr. Alper was open to multiple embryo transfer because he knew we were paying out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
I think I've stated most issues. I always felt hesitant to contact administrative staff because their way of communication turned me off. It's such an emotional roller coaster you're on so I wish they would treat us a little gentler; from financials to scheduling.
South Portland

[Dr. Lannon] was pleasant and knowledgeable. He gave us hope and assured us that was IVF was the correct next step for us based on our age...I only talked to Dr Lannon once before retrieval day and then next on transfer day. While this is common more face time would have been nice...He made us feel comfortable...I felt my protocol could have been more aggressive. We stared out with 250 ui of Gonal-f and my follicles grew fairly slow...upped my dosage slightly near the end to help the follicles grow but it was only for two days. We ended up retrieving 9 eggs...Dr Lannon was open to transferring two embryos due to my age (35). And made the decision for us on retrieval day to transfer two due to only having 3 embryos make it to day 5
The clinic itself [Boston IVF] you feel more like a number...My favorite person on the team was the phlebotomist, Courtney. She was so friendly and kind and made me feel comfortable and cared for. My primary nurse Tiffanie was great but I only talked to her a handful of times. Much of the communicate is through the IVF portal...$9400 for retrieval and transfer...The financial part is scary and intimidating. The person going through it flies through the options and pricing. We left after meeting with her feeling extremely overwhelmed. She answered my follow up questions via email quickly but they were very short and often didn’t answer my entire question. I wish there had been more check ins and communciation during the embryo growing process. I heard from the nurse after insemination but didn’t get any update until retrieval day and we had to ask the doctor for an update.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is very friendly and easy to talk to. We had planned on meeting with other doctors at other clinics but as soon as we met Dr Lannon we knew we wanted to continue seeing him. He made us feel comfortable.
Be sure to ask questions. He’s very open to them and doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking them.
Dr Lennon was pleasant and knowledgeable. He gave us hope and assured us that was IVF was the correct next step for us based on our age. The clinic itself you feel more like a number. I only talked to Dr Lannon once before retrieval day and then next on transfer day. While this is common more face time would have been nice.
I felt my protocol could have been more aggressive. We stared out with 250 ui of Gonal-f and my follicles grew fairly slow. Dr Lannon upped my dosage slightly near the end to help the follicles grow but it was only for two days. We ended up retrieving 9 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffanie)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
$9400 for retrieval and transfer.
Describe Benjamin Lannon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Dr Lannon was open to transferring two embryos due to my age (35). And made the decision for us on retrieval day to transfer two due to only having 3 embryos make it to day 5.
South Portland

I liked Dr. Lannon's approach and personality. He listened to our concerns, and I think he genuinely wanted to help us...This was our first attempt at IVF, and we were dealing with largely unexplained infertility. He used a very conservative, very traditional protocol...[new patient advice]Don't be afraid to ask questions or get a second opinion if something doesn't make sense to you.
[nurse of Boston IVF] She always answered my emails and questions promptly and thoroughly...We paid roughly $10k for the retrieval and a fresh transfer and $4k for each frozen transfer (plus the separate cost of medication)...[clinic error] she [nurse]told me different instructions regarding our PIO and seemed unwilling to consider that she might be wrong. It's a good thing I was paying attention and willing to push back. She followed up with the doctor and then called to tell us she made a mistake.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I liked Dr. Lannon's approach and personality. He listened to our concerns, and I think he genuinely wanted to help us. That said, we did not get the outcome we wanted, and we've been given totally different advice since consulting with new doctors. It's hard not to wonder if we should have changed course sooner (and saved a lot of time, money, and heartache in the process).
Though we did not get the outcome we hoped for, I always thought Dr. Lannon did a great job of balancing candid responses with empathy for our situation.
This was our first attempt at IVF, and we were dealing with largely unexplained infertility. He used a very conservative, very traditional protocol. We got 4 day 5 embryos that all failed to implant. Basically, the retrieval part worked exactly as he told us it would, but IVF demonstrated that there seems to be an issue with implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
My primary nurse (Tiffany) was great. She always answered my emails and questions promptly and thoroughly. That said, she was out of the office for one of my transfers, and another nurse left a bad taste in my mouth. To make a long story short, when she called to check in with me, she told me different instructions regarding our PIO and seemed unwilling to consider that she might be wrong. It's a good thing I was paying attention and willing to push back. She followed up with the doctor and then called to tell us she made a mistake.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
The Portland clinic does a pretty good job, but it's a shame it's really the only option in the area. I think the lack of competition is ultimately not great for consumers, as the clinic is not worried about losing business.
I was surprised that Dr. Lannon did not push back much at all when we asked about transferring two embryos at one time. I personally liked that he allowed us to make that decision and didn't try to persuade us either way.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
We felt like a number at times with Boston IVF -everything is scheduled according to the day they do procedures, not according to how my body is responding.... Overall the staff were great. I did not feel that I received all the information I wanted with regard to financial assistance options. It felt like a cookie cutter list was given to us with options that we were then responsible for looking into ourselves.... The clinic was very secretive about our results.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is warm, approachable, and has a sense of humor. He took the time to answer any and all questions we had and he has been very responsive personally to e-mails. We recently asked for a bottom-line honest opinion and feel he delivered on that. I trust Dr. Lannon. I was disappointed at how our pregnancy loss was handled as I felt like we were ushered out of the office quickly due to being upset and then there was no follow-up. We were also not given specific information about our baby's heart rate and we only found out how low the heart rate was after requesting our records some time later. I feel like we would have been better prepared for our follow-up ultrasound if we had been given this information. I received a call from my ob/gyn's office stating that they received our records and wanted to know what our follow-up was for the missed miscarriage and we had none. I did reach out to Boston IVF a while later to discuss my disappointment and they sent my message to Dr. Lannon and we received an e-mail from him personally the same day. He stated that the clinic chooses to give people space after their loss which I don't agree with but felt some relief that we weren't just dropped because we weren't a success. We went abroad for another cycle due to cost and we reached out to Dr. Lannon again a year later since last seeing him and were able to schedule a meeting with him pretty quickly.
Ask for what you need - don't wait for it to be offered. Dr. Lannon is a great doctor and partners with you. I wish that we had been more direct the first time about our questions, our needs, and potential risks.
With Dr. Lannon specifically we always felt like a human - he is very personable and responsive. We felt like a number at times with Boston IVF -everything is scheduled according to the day they do procedures, not according to how my body is responding.
We had no reason based on my blood work to think I would not respond well to stimulation and it was a shock to us and Dr. Lannon when they only retrieved 6 mature eggs. I started with birth control pill and then took Lupron followed by Gonal F 300 mg until the trigger shot (Ovidrel) and Lupron may have been added back in there towards the end. Dr. Lannon did tell us that if we were to do another cycle with him using my eggs, he would consider a lupron antagonist protocol. We ended up with all 6 eggs fertilizing and 2 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
We warmed up to our nurse as we had more interactions with her. Our first meeting where we went over the protocol was overwhelming and felt rushed and confusing and the nurse was not overly warm. The nursing staff in general was great and I felt well cared for during procedures.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Overall the staff were great. I did not feel that I received all the information I wanted with regard to financial assistance options. It felt like a cookie cutter list was given to us with options that we were then responsible for looking into ourselves. There is minimal information given about possible grants and scholarships available or other options other than financing. We requested this information specifically when we were considering whether or not we would be able to afford another cycle and I included what we had already used for options in the past that would no longer be an option and I received a generic e-mail back with the same list given to us the first time. We qualified for a treatment discount based on our income and I was very disappointed to learn that if we used any form of grant or gift money that we would no longer qualify for the discount. There are few grants that provide substantial assistance and unless we received at least a $10k grant, we would end up having to pay more than our first cycle without the discount. The clinic felt like a factory at times and everything is scheduled according to when the clinic does particular procedures rather than specific to how I responded. There was a question about whether or not I would have had more mature eggs if given a couple more days of stimulation but the retrieval was scheduled for 1 day for all patients. My next cycle was at a clinic abroad and they saw me daily towards the end to closely monitor the growth and scheduled the retrieval for the day my body was ready. The clinic was very secretive about our results. For instance, I was doing fertility acupuncture and my acupuncturist wanted me to come with my estrogen level and how many follicles and what size but the clinic would not give me this information and they said they don't give this out.
Fresh IVF cycle using our own eggs and sperm with a discount based on income cost $8,000 and the medications cost about $3,000 with a pharmacy that offers a discount to Boston IVF patients. We recently went for another consult and it is recommended that we move to donor egg which is $18,000 for a single cycle or $42,000 for the assurance program which offers a full refund if you are are not able to have a live birth within 6 cycles.
South Portland
I believe dr lannon was very knowledgeable and had a great amount of experience in this situation. He made me and my wife feel comfortable moving forward with him .he was very informative of the pros and cons of the process as well as giving us information on the odds of the process. He also had egg I think is an open table concept where he always allowed any questions small or large to be brought up helping us build a trusting relationship with him makeing our decision to move forward with confidence rather then doubt
The clinics [Boston IVF- South Portland] strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly... Our nurse was very knowledgeable as well as great bedside manners making us comfortable with her threwout the process
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
My advice would be to open minded and to stay positive . I would also recommend ask any an all questions you may have . Reading up on the process before your consultation is key so you have more questions to ask which would help you make your decisions
I believe he did a great job at giving us heartfelt detail on the process as well as making us feel like he was their for us no matter what path we choose makeing me and my wife more comfortable to move forward with ivf
We have only had the chance to go threw 3 iui at this point we are now in the process of ivf .our iui results where not successful but threw the testing we gained confidence that ivf was worth a shot . The results of the iui made us aware that most things looked good but we where just unable to conceive
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
The clinics strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly
Cost is roughly 10895 plus all medicine involved would be additional 2500

2013 - 2015, Successful
I appreciated Dr. Lannon's scientific, analytic approach to our conversations...His communication-style seems very adaptable to individual patients, so be sure to tell him what you need (Statistics? Data? A more emotional approach?)
...I felt the nurse was too curt in her explanations or descriptions of protocol, which led to confusion at times, including the failure to start an IVF cycle in February (we had to start in March instead).
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is frank with a dry sense of humour. He was easy to talk to, well-prepared for our appointments, and thoroughly and patiently answered our questions. As a reproductive endocrinologist, he's very much focused on the goal of getting his patients pregnant. I came to him with a long-standing diagnosis of stage four endometriosis and I wanted to discuss treatment of that condition, which was preventing me from becoming pregnant. I felt he was less prepared/open for a conversation about endo, except as it affected our fertility issues.Ultimately, I ended up working with an OB/GYN to address endometriosis treatment, after which I returned to work with Dr. Lannon to continue fertility treatments.
Dr. Lannon is approachable and friendly, but dry. Don't mistake his sense of humour for a lack of caring or lack of bedside manner. His communication-style seems very adaptable to individual patients, so be sure to tell him what you need (Statistics? Data? A more emotional approach?) Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I appreciated Dr. Lannon's scientific, analytic approach to our conversations. I'm an attorney and my husband is an analyst. We both felt Dr. Lannon understood direct communication was important to us. He has a very dry sense of humour, which we also appreciated, but his approach never felt flip or anything less than understanding of the challenges we faced.
Diagnostic: Other than my endometriosis, fertility tests did not reveal any underlying causes for infertility. Dr. Lannon discussed the various treatments available to us and recommended a course of Clomid. However, we put treatment on hold because I needed surgery. When I returned after recovery (approximately 1 year later), the statistical data showed that proceeding directly to IVF was our best approach. Stimulation: I began with nightly injections of Menopur and Bravelle. Every three-four days, I visited the clinic for an ultrasound and blood work. The same day, I would receive a call from the clinic nurse with any adjustments to my injections. This continued until my follicles were large enough (15mm+) to retrieve. At the end of my treatments, I took an additional, single shot of Cetrotide. Trigger: Thirty-six hours before retrieval, I injected myself with a single trigger shot (Ovidrel). Retrieval: I was under general anesthesia for retrieval. Transfer: We had a five-day transfer of two embryos (based on my age, Dr. Lannon recommends two embryo transfer; he will not transfer more than two at a time), followed by a pregnancy test (blood test) two weeks later. Follow up: The final appointment with Dr. Lannon was an eight-week ultrasound after which our care was transferred to our OB/GYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy McLaughlin)
Amy was friendly, but at times too quick in her explanations regarding treatment or next steps. I appreciated that she was quick to return phone calls.
As of March 2015: IVF $8,900 payment required in full before process began (included pre-op; follicle monitoring; serum hormone assays during stimulation; egg retrieval; sperm prep; anesthesia; transfer; post-op). Meds were not included in the above nor covered by our insurance and cost ~$6,000. Embryo freezing: $1,750. Other fees (we did not incur): $2,500 ICSI; $500 anesthesia at transfer; $1,000 assisted hatching. Cancellation reimbursement: $8,150 pre-stimulation; $6,400 before retrieval; $2,900 before transfer. Boston IVF provides financial aid to qualifying patients based on income (patients are required to submit two years of tax returns for review).
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
The clinic staff was friendly and did a great job at returning calls. As noted previously, at times I felt the nurse was too curt in her explanations or descriptions of protocol, which led to confusion at times, including the failure to start an IVF cycle in February (we had to start in March instead).

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Lannon is up front and honest (which honestly is what I wanted). He also demonstrated that he cares for his patients. He is always willing to answer questions, which is helpful in this stressful time...First IVF cycle we used Gonal F, cetrotide and the trigger shot. I was a low responder with low eggs retrieved...Second IVF cycle we added metope as well as an additional trigger. We retrieved 10 eggs
Sometimes it can hard to get in touch with [the Boston IVF] nurses when you have questions. However in general I did not have any issues with any of them...All self pay as we do not have insurance that covers: IUI ~5000 each IVF- 1st round ~13000 2nd round ~15000 (so far will have to pay for FET and storage fees too)...Communication could be better. Sometimes it’s hard to get a hold of people when you have questions. But I do feel that the clinic does a good job getting people in and working towards their goals of starting or explanding their families.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Be prepared for him to be honest with you. He is honest but compassionate.
I feel that certain individuals definitely make you feel welcome and like a human including Dr. Lannon. There were some staff that you felt more like a number.
We did 3 IUIs with clomid that were failed cycles. First IVF cycle we used Gonal F, cetrotide and the trigger shot. I was a low responder with low eggs retrieved and only 1 fertilized and made it to blastocyst. We did a fresh transfer that failed. Second IVF cycle we added metope as well as an additional trigger. We retrieved 10 eggs but only 6 were nature. 3 fertilized and 1 made it to blastocyst. We plan to transfer that one later this year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany )
Sometimes it can hard to get in touch with nurses when you have questions. However in general I did not have any issues with any of them.
South Portland

Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.... I was given clomid for three cycles prior to IUI. On the last attempt we tried the monitored approach with the trigger shot. Unfortunately none of the attempts were successful. We are now on the antagonist approach for IVF. I have unexplained fertility and given my age (37) statists say after 3 attempts of IUI you should move onto IVF.
Tami [a nurse at Boston IVF- South Portland] was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.... the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon was empathetic and understanding given my circumstances and frustrations with not being able to conceive. Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.
to be confident in Dr. Lannon's medical decision making.
Dr Lannon took the time during my IVF consultation to thoroughly explain the process and answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tami Gosselin and Tiffany )
Tami was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession. The only weakness is that I wish the practice was located closer to my home town. I have to travel about 45minutes to the office.
IUI 450.00 x3= 1350 IVF= 7600.00 Medications= 2000.00
South Portland

He [Dr. Michael Alper] will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
All nurses were friendly [at Boston IVF]...It will cost us about $15,000 to do IVF. All the bloodwork is expensive, we’re at about $2000 in just testing...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month. You may get tons of testing done, most of which you may have already had if you were working with your OB/GYN...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional.
All nurses were friendly
South Portland

Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall [at Boston IVF]. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.... They were prompt and sympathetic. They also made me feel as if they would accomadate my needs since I was located so far away.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
We only had the initial consultation, but we were given a clear course of action and made to feel as if we were a part of the process. Dr Alper seemed very straight forward and gave us our options. He was not overly emotional, for which I actually appreciate a lot. Many people can seem quite phony with their sympathy when they hear about your unfortunate situation, and I prefer a doctor who is matter of fact and does not dwell on the emotional bits. If you want tears and hugs, he may not be for you, but if you want someone who knows his stuff and gets the ball rolling, well you've got your doctor.
Go in with all your questions, he'll answer them all!
He was very friendly, coming out to the waiting room personally to get us, and allowed us to ask the many questions that we had. He seemed responsive to our needs
I am only in the testing stage right now, so we haven't come up with a treatment plan yet.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.
My insurance has covered it so far.