6.7

778 Main St
South Portland, ME 04106
207.358.7600

IUI With Other Docs
I really felt so lucky to have him since he is sort of the only guy around. He's really personable and easy to talk to, while being extremely measured, direct, and knowledgeable about his job. I also really appreciated his sense of humor, that was helpful when things got rough and I needed a laugh. He wasn't flippant about anything, though, and always knew how important this process was to me...Dr. Lannon is AWESOME but doesn't cover this part of the process.
They're [Boston IVF] fine! They are organized and easy to access care. I had a flexible work schedule, but overall, I think they were able to accommodate. They were compassionate, and showed a lot of compassion...[Nurse Staff] They were on top of it, very knowledgable, and helpful...[Monitoring Appointments] Efficient, well-oiled machine! I was usually in and out within 15 minutes...[Cost Of Treatment] Overall, about $18,000....Dr. Lannon is AWESOME
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I also did a lot of alternative things to support my process--diet, accupuncture, massage, etc. If you have the means to do these things, I would. Dr. Lannon is AWESOME but doesn't cover this part of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He's straight forward with data, but warm and funny at the same time. I really love him.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Maine Center and their degree of success.
Don't remember!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol? )
They were on top of it, very knowledgable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
They're fine! They are organized and easy to access care. I had a flexible work schedule, but overall, I think they were able to accommodate. They were compassionate, and showed a lot of compassion.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Efficient, well-oiled machine! I was usually in and out within 15 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Overall, about $18,000.
2014, Successful
After trying numerous IUI procedures with a failing result, we attempted the "mini IVF" (no injectables) [with Dr. Benjamin Lannon], just so we could potentially lower the cost before going all the way in. It was discovered that my ovaries were not reacting to the medication and the injectables were needed, so we attempted a full IVF and had success!...He treated me as an individual and determined what was best for me specifically.
Because we qualified for a discount, we paid $5,900 for our full IVF cycle [at Boston IVF] and $3,000 for the medications...Strengths would be the open mindedness of the clinic and the fact that they were willing to let us try other options first before doing the full IVF (such as doing the "mini IVF" to help us save on cost). We were also granted with a discount for our IVF cycle, which was extremely helpful.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is a terrific doctor. He is honest and straight to the point, yet very comforting and helpful. He made sure we understood every procedure before anything was performed and was willing to work with us and allow us to try whatever we felt comfortable with.
Keep an open mind!
I was treated really well under Dr. Lannon's care. He treated me as an individual and determined what was best for me specifically.
After trying numerous IUI procedures with a failing result, we attempted the "mini IVF" (no injectables), just so we could potentially lower the cost before going all the way in. It was discovered that my ovaries were not reacting to the medication and the injectables were needed, so we attempted a full IVF and had success!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Because we qualified for a discount, we paid $5,900 for our full IVF cycle and $3,000 for the medications. I cannot remember how much the "mini IVF" was, but it was $400 per IUI cycle.
South Portland

He listens to you and he understand the frustrations women are going through. There was no blame put on me as the person with PCOS. He even scheduled a time to call me and check on me to see how I was feeling/doing. I felt much better after seeing doctor Lannon. ... My nurse [Boston IVF] and doctor both take time to email and call me and explain in detail.
Finding the building was easy, very welcoming when you walk in, gave us small talk to help us relax as a first visit is nerve wracking. Made sure we understood the process before we began. Just an overall great experience! ... My nurse and doctor [Dr. Lannon] both take time to email and call me and explain in detail. They are both extremely patient with me and all my questions.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Be opened minded and trust his instinct.
My nurse and doctor both take time to email and call me and explain in detail. They are both extremely patient with me and all my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
So far it is reasonable, but we are in the early stages of different medicines to help ovulation.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Alper] was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options....He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF.
Strengths: non-judgemental, professional, caring. I can't think of any weaknesses [of Boston IVF]... [the nurse] was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF. He stated from the beginning that IVF would have the highest success rate but it was our choice to trial the IUI's first...
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options. He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Ask questions. He's very easy to talk with.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Maine Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbra)
She was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lannon would only do eSET for us. He explained his reasoning, which I believe was because I was under 30 and had a healthy uterus as my infertility was caused by PCOS...is a little hard to read on a personality level. It’s not a poor bedside manner, just a little guarded perhaps? He is very smart and matter of fact, which might read as cold. I feel like I saw nursing staff way more often than I saw him, though...
A weakness of this clinic is that it is a satellite of the Boston clinic [Boston IVF-South Portland]. All of the billing coordinators are in Boston and we had a few billing issues. Everything was handled over the phone, but the distance was more of a mental issue for myself and made it seem harder. The OR wasn’t very private and felt a bit like an egg retrieval factory. The office staff, the phlebotomists, the imaging staff, and most of the nurses were all great and sympathetic!
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is a little hard to read on a personality level. It’s not a poor bedside manner, just a little guarded perhaps? He is very smart and matter of fact, which might read as cold. I feel like I saw nursing staff way more often than I saw him, though.
Don’t be put off by his personality, he knows what he is doing.
The only time I felt like a number was on retrieval and implantation days. The clinic has about 7 curtained off beds and one OR so you can kind of see the other women getting the same treatments. It’s not super private.
My first IVF cycle was Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel trigger shot. Nine eggs were retrieved, six were fertilized, one was viable, one was transferred. Crinone progesterone used for ten days. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Second IVF cycle we changed protocols to the “Lupron protocol,” since my body didn’t respond well to the other. Medications were Gonal-F, HCG, and Lupron. Sixteen eggs retrieved, eleven fertilized, five viable embryos, one transferred and four frozen. Resulting in a singleton birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
One particular nurse, Barbara, was incompetent. It was so off-putting. She couldn’t explain the protocol and messed up a few times giving us the wrong information. She was the only “bad” nurse, thankfully!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
A weakness of this clinic is that it is a satellite of the Boston clinic. All of the billing coordinators are in Boston and we had a few billing issues. Everything was handled over the phone, but the distance was more of a mental issue for myself and made it seem harder. The OR wasn’t very private and felt a bit like an egg retrieval factory. The office staff, the phlebotomists, the imaging staff, and most of the nurses were all great and sympathetic!
Each cycle is $9,000 but we were given a 30% discount because our insurance didn’t cover treatment, so we paid $6,300 not including donor sperm or any medications. Medications were about $5,000 per cycle.
Describe Benjamin Lannon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
South Portland
Dr. Lannon was very straightforward and gave us the hope, but more importantly the realistic information we needed. He adjusted the protocol and did not seem like he was stuck to just the one scenario...IVF - higher dosage of medications to achieve better quality and more eggs Microdose Lupron for assistance with age Freeze all cycle - allowing my body to calm down from the hormones Progesterone after was a higher dosage than my previous transfer
The South Portland clinic was great and handled COVID protocols well. They were very nice and accommodating when I went in. Easier than going into Boston for me. I felt like they were more straightforward than the other clinic I previously attended and a lot more attention to detail...After being at another practice where the doctor worked at multiple offices and carried a higher caseload I felt like I spoke and interacted directly with Dr. Lannon far more
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I think with anyone going through IVF I recommend doing research and asking lots of questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
My insurance covered it so just the deductible
South Portland

He [Dr. Michael Alper] will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
All nurses were friendly [at Boston IVF]...It will cost us about $15,000 to do IVF. All the bloodwork is expensive, we’re at about $2000 in just testing...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month. You may get tons of testing done, most of which you may have already had if you were working with your OB/GYN...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional.
All nurses were friendly
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] has a great way of describing what you'll go through while describing things professionally but also understand that you are a person. He has a way of being your doctor but also a confident. He knew how to explain things both to my husband and to myself...I have a balanced translocation so my eggs have all been bad, as well as a diminished ovarian reserve. So given these, I was on a high medication protocol. He followed me closely and tried to obtain as many eggs as possible to increase my chances of a good egg. He was open to my ideas as well.
The lab work is assigned a time which is difficult but the staff is amazing [at Boston IVF]. If you need something different, they will try as hard as they can to obtain that for you. They know how to motivate you and to keep you optimistic...[the nurses] are wonderful!!!...I never had a good embryo to transfer...I have a balanced translocation so my eggs have all been bad, as well as a diminished ovarian reserve. So given these, I was on a high medication protocol. He followed me closely and tried to obtain as many eggs as possible to increase my chances of a good egg. He was open to my ideas as well.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He has a great way of describing what you'll go through while describing things professionally but also understand that you are a person. He has a way of being your doctor but also a confident. He knew how to explain things both to my husband and to myself.
I am sorry you have to go through this but one day, you will create a family
He has a great way of discussing difficult issues with couples
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Tiff)
These are wonderful!!!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
The lab work is assigned a time which is difficult but the staff is amazing. If you need something different, they will try as hard as they can to obtain that for you. They know how to motivate you and to keep you optimistic.
I never had a good embryo to transfer

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
My treatment strategy was very different than most fertility patients Dr. Alper told me. I create too many follicles...I felt like I was just a number to Dr. Alper. He was not very personable. When meeting or speaking with him about next steps, it always seemed like he was just taking a guess on what we should do next. ... Our personalities didn't work together. I needed more than just the facts during this financial and emotional roller coaster.
Being a new patient and extremely nervous of the unknown, I think the front desk [Boston IVF] could be a little more upbeat and friendly. The financial coordinator was at times hard to talk to due to her abruptness. She seemed annoyed at times when I would ask questions via phone. She was excellent when answering emails and would respond in a quick fashion.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Meeting Dr. Alper for the first time was a quick 20 minute consult, which was surprising to me since we were paying a large sum out of pocket for this visit. He described the general process of IVF and said he would send the information to his nurse. I was really taken back by the lack of personality and how business like it was. I continued to get treatment with him as my doctor because it was convenient for my job and location. I thought maybe I was being too critical and my husband agreed. After the first round of IVF, the only time I spoke or met with Doctor Alper was our consult and the meeting after hearing we were not pregnant. This meeting was to go over the first round and our next steps. This meeting was about 20 minutes as well. I was disappointed that Dr. Alper was my doctor, but never did any of my egg retrievals or transfers. I was not informed by him that he would not be doing either procedure. For my second round of IVF he adjusted my medications and steps we would take to conceive. When it was time to transfer the embryos, he did listen to my husband and my opinion about transferring both embryos. We did conceive! Only to have a chemical pregnancy a couple weeks later. During that time, I worked with my nurse and another doctor in the office. I couldn't believe that my own doctor was not helping my husband and I through the difficult time. Dr. Alper did call a few weeks after my chemical pregnancy to discuss next steps and informed me that I did not have a miscarriage, but a chemical pregnancy. The way he told me that made me feel awful. I felt like he could have explained the difference to me in a more gentle way. Dr. Alper is a very smart man and it showed during our conversations. I just feel like it wasn't a good match. Our personalities didn't work together. I needed more than just the facts during this financial and emotional roller coaster. Looking back at my experience with Dr. Alper, I wished I stood my ground and did what I felt was right for me instead of listening to others and thinking “I am new to this world of IVF and maybe this is just how it is.”
Be up front with him on what you need or want. Ask him if he can give you what you need/want. If not, find another doctor. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I felt like I was just a number to Dr. Alper. He was not very personable. When meeting or speaking with him about next steps, it always seemed like he was just taking a guess on what we should do next. It did not make me feel very comfortable with the financial and emotional burden for a "Well, maybe we should try this... no, I think I would like to try this instead..." On another note, Dr. Alper was my doctor who reviewed my progress and gave instructions for our plan forward, but he never did any of my egg retrieval or transfers. This was unexpected the first time going through the IVF process.
My treatment strategy was very different than most fertility patients Dr. Alper told me. I create too many follicles, so he wanted to start me on the lowest dosage of Gonal F he has prescribed. He started me on 150 units of Gonal F for the first few nights then lowered it down to 87.5 units for the reminder of injections. He lowered the dosage due to the fact that my hormone level was too high and they needed my eggs to develop more slowly. For this round of IVF they collected 20 eggs, 7 eggs were fertilized and 5 became embryos. The transfer was on day 3 and my remaining embryos did not make it to day 5 to freeze. For my second round of IVF, he prescribed 100 units of Gonal F due to the fact that my follicles grew too quickly last cycle. 10 eggs were collected, 5 fertilized and 4 were embryos. We transferred 2 embryos on day 3 due to the quality of my eggs and thinking they would not last until day 5. This would give them a better chance to survive. I did conceive this cycle, but ended with a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Del Signore)
My nurse was very friendly and compassionate. She was very kind and was always willing to help in any way she could. My only complaint was she was disorganized and when I would call or email her with questions or concerns, she didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Being a new patient and extremely nervous of the unknown, I think the front desk could be a little more upbeat and friendly. The financial coordinator was at times hard to talk to due to her abruptness. She seemed annoyed at times when I would ask questions via phone. She was excellent when answering emails and would respond in a quick fashion.
Cost was around $8,900 for IVF, egg retrieval and transfer. The medication was separate. The medication cost around $2300. Cost was around $10,500 for IVF w/ICIS, egg retrieval and transfer. This cost was with a 25% discount through the clinic. The medication was around $2000.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A [Michael Alper] feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.... The first procedure was a natural IUI (no hormones). This was before we knew how messed up my natural cycles where. After that first cycle, we had ultrasound and blood test monitoring for each cycle to determine the best time for IUI. In addition to that, we also used ovadril shots for triggering and meds to keep my periods regular.
The entire staff at BIVF is caring, compassionate, and invested in each patient's process. Each time I would go in for an IUI, the nurse would take the time to explain the results of the sperm analysis and also wish me the best of luck. When they called to provide the negative results, you could also hear the pain in their voices. It meant a lot knowing they cared so much... One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.
Do research prior to the first meeting and bring your questions written down. There is so much information being provided. It's good to have a way to document it during the meeting.
Dr A provides very clear information and does not sugar coat. He also understands the emotional rollercoaster aspect involved with these treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
The strengths are the staff. All staff are kind, caring and extremely knowledgeable. One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
Costs surrounding consultations, blood work, ultrasounds, genetic testing, diagnostic procedures, and IUI procedures.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Alper was very knowledgeable with everything he told us and was very up front with what he thought the best course of action was for us. He never sugar coated things, but he wasn't so blunt about it that it seemed hurtful. He knew our case well and we both (husband) felt very comfortable in his presence. He was very sure of himself, which made our confidence in him high as well. Sometimes we felt a little rushed during our time with him, which usually lasted 1/2 hour or less, I knew I could contact his office at any time.
[Boston IVF- S. Portland is] Expensive, but accommodating to your schedule. Will try to get you in as soon as possible. Very clean and staff very knowledgeable. It's a scary process, but the staff there was nothing but friendly and sensitive to the topics at hand, knowing how sensitive it is for people/couples.... [The nurse was] Very thorough, always answered my calls or called me back quickly. Also responded promptly to e-mails providing the information I requested and never treated me like any of my questions were "stupid" or "irrelevant"
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Be patient and trust his expertise. It's such a hard reality not being able to conceive, but the experts know the best ways to handle your particular situation. Dr. Alper is definitely an expert in the field.
Dr. Alper was great with us - he knew our case very well and spoke to us in terms we could always understand. While our visits with him were usually brief and seemed a little rushed, he let me know that if I had any questions I could contact without hesitation and gave me contact info.
Dr. Alper's first piece of treatment was recommending having my right fallopian tube removed because it was leaking toxic fluid, preventing implantation. After that, he wanted us to try rounds of clomid to test ovulation. Once that was found unsuccessful, he wrote up a process for treatment through IVF for us. While we have not started the IVF process due to cost, we are hoping to in the near future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara DelSignore)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Office did not take my insurance, so we had to pay $200 out of pocket every time we saw the doctor.
South Portland

During my treatments time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! He was not the one performing the IUI’s so I didn’t see him in person a whole lot but being able to talk to him directly was nice and I was able to ask questions that he could answer direct without going through the nurse. THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it.... Dr Lannon definitely didn’t sugar coat anything especially since lab work had shown I had indications of DOR.
I love the Portland office [Boston IVF]! The waiting room is always very quiet and seemed less busy than the Bedford NH office I originally went to. I liked feeling like I was the only one there. The receptionist is very nice. The offices are updated nicely and modern. The phlebotomists are also the best! it seems like there is a rotation of staff and you don’t see the same people each time (different phlebotomist, different US tech) I was fine with this but I know other people really like to have a more personal core group of care providers.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
I transferred care from a different clinic to Dr Lannon and I am so glad I did. The previous doctor we just didn’t jive with. She was cold, and jumped to conclusions and I felt judgement from her. Dr Lannon definitely didn’t sugar coat anything especially since lab work had shown I had indications of DOR. But he set realistic expectations and made sure I knew exactly what that could mean. However when he tested me that cycle I was within the normal range for all hormone levels and he called immediately to let me know. I had only left the clinic 30 minutes earlier. That cycle I took clomid and did an IUI and ended up with a chemical pregnancy. Dr lannon called me on the phone to review the cycle and I just really appreciate the way he talks to patients. Not overly sensitive but just realistic. Since then I have done another clomid IUI and another cycle with just clomid and have not gotten pregnant. During this time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it. My previous doctor had done lab work on me (which didn’t look good) and then never even called about it. I just saw the numbers on the portal. Dr lannon was very knowledgeable when I went in for my original consult and it was obvious he had reviewed my file and was up to date with where we were at. While we are headed towards IVF I’m happy I have found Boston IVF and I feel confident working with Dr Lannon will result in a pregnancy. He always communicated with me by phone and even email. It seemed like he was taking time to talk to ME and that I was a real person not just another patient. He is on the “dry” side but I think I like that about him.
If you are looking for a super sensitive doctor filled with humor and sappy stories- he probably isn’t your guy. But if you appreciate having realistic expectations with some positivity thrown in, look no further.
During my treatments time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! He was not the one performing the IUI’s so I didn’t see him in person a whole lot but being able to talk to him directly was nice and I was able to ask questions that he could answer direct without going through the nurse. THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it. My previous doctor had done lab work on me (which didn’t look good) and then never even called about it. I just saw the numbers on the portal. Dr lannon was very knowledgeable when I went in for my original consult and it was obvious he had reviewed my file and was up to date with where we were at. While we are headed towards IVF I’m happy I have found Boston IVF and I feel confident working with Dr Lannon will result in a pregnancy. He always communicated with me by phone and even email. It seemed like he was taking time to talk to ME and that I was a real person now just another patient.
Clomid 100mg CD 3-7. Monitoring on CD 12, trigger shot, and IUI on CD 14. Both times I had 4 measured follicles. First one resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Second was negative. Third cycle of clomid I had one large follicle and proceeded with trigger shot on CD 12 and times inter course over the next few days which did not result in pregnancy. I responded perfectly well to this protocol but did not end up getting the results we wanted (a baby)!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Gosselin)
Tammy is a fast talker so you better listen up! I only met with her once but spoke to her on the phone several times to review my cycles and such. She seemed like she really cared but she also seemed quite busy. During one of our chats she even recommended a place to visit while we were planning a vacation and told me where I was going was one of her favorite places to visit! At times there was another nurse helping Tammy make calls and this nurse was always very compassionate (spoke to her getting negative pregnancy test results). While the nursing care isn’t super personal I was fine with that. One thing that is difficult is I would have to leave messages each call as no one was available to pick up the phone. However, I would receive a call back within an hour or two. I think the nurses are just very busy.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
I love the Portland office! The waiting room is always very quiet and seemed less busy than the Bedford NH office I originally went to. I liked feeling like I was the only one there. The receptionist is very nice. The offices are updated nicely and modern. The phlebotomists are also the best! it seems like there is a rotation of staff and you don’t see the same people each time (different phlebotomist, different US tech) I was fine with this but I know other people really like to have a more personal core group of care providers. Results from labs and US are updated to a portal very timely and I never had to wait very long or to call to get results. Overall I am very happy with my choice of Boston IVF Portland.
My insurance covers IUI but I think it would have been around $1600 for one IUI cycle. Not cheap!
South Portland

Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall [at Boston IVF]. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.... They were prompt and sympathetic. They also made me feel as if they would accomadate my needs since I was located so far away.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
We only had the initial consultation, but we were given a clear course of action and made to feel as if we were a part of the process. Dr Alper seemed very straight forward and gave us our options. He was not overly emotional, for which I actually appreciate a lot. Many people can seem quite phony with their sympathy when they hear about your unfortunate situation, and I prefer a doctor who is matter of fact and does not dwell on the emotional bits. If you want tears and hugs, he may not be for you, but if you want someone who knows his stuff and gets the ball rolling, well you've got your doctor.
Go in with all your questions, he'll answer them all!
He was very friendly, coming out to the waiting room personally to get us, and allowed us to ask the many questions that we had. He seemed responsive to our needs
I am only in the testing stage right now, so we haven't come up with a treatment plan yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.
My insurance has covered it so far.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Lannon is a thoughtful, caring and compassionate. He is understanding of the struggles patients undergo. He is thoughtful in his approach and adjusts treatment courses as necessary using the most up to date research available ... He takes time to review results and get them to you as quickly as possible ... He presents you with all the options but ultimately you have to make the decisions that are best for you
I was told my lining was thick enough to move forward for embryo transfer when it was not by a nurse who was not my primary. I was given a lab slip and follow up instructions before an embryo transfer that were another patients ... If my [Boston IVF] primary nurse is unavailable sometimes I feel like I’m getting juggled around. After hours help has been difficult on a few occasions to receive. I was given insensitive information by a doctor that wasn’t my own when I called concerned with pregnancy symptoms ...
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr Lannon is compassionate and caring. He takes time to review results and get them to you as quickly as possible
Antagonist protocol
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
If my primary nurse is unavailable sometimes I feel like I’m getting juggled around. After hours help has been difficult on a few occasions to receive. I was given insensitive information by a doctor that wasn’t my own when I called concerned with pregnancy symptoms
$7750 IVF, $3850 PGS, $2500 icsi
eSET used in both cases
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
South Portland
Dr. Lannon is a great doctor, who has helped my husband and I through some really hard times with IVF. ... IVF procedure because it was th best outcome for us given my history or adolescent cancer . ... He has always had the best for us giving us different ways of doing procedures and giving hope. I am thankful for Dr. Lannon for never giving up on me and always reassuring me that there is always hope in IVF. ... He was kind and had our best interest at heart for every cycle we went through even though we have had numerous losses
Very organized, friendly and compassionate. Always returning your phone call in a timely fashion. The [Boston IVF] reception area was welcoming. Always asking how you are doing as a person and accepting of where you are at that moment. ... [Nursing Staff] Amazing!! So nice and compassionate and always willing to answer any questions you have! ... [Cost of Treatment] 7,000 ...
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
Dr. Lannon is a great doctor, who has helped my husband and I through some really hard times with IVF. He has always had the best for us giving us different ways of doing procedures and giving hope. I am thankful for Dr. Lannon for never giving up on me and always reassuring me that there is always hope in IVF.
Be open and honest.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Very organized, friendly and compassionate. Always returning your phone call in a timely fashion. The reception area was welcoming. Always asking how you are doing as a person and accepting of where you are at that moment.

2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Lannon] was phenomenal. Made us feel so much at ease. We actually named our son Benjamin. He went above and beyond and really connected with us. Well worth the four and a half hour drive. Never left a doctor appointment feeling sad Or sorry, always hopeful ... He is by far the most genuine doctor we ever saw. He gave us hope ...
Super friendly staff [Boston IVF], many locations, nice office. Understanding of needs and wants, works hard to provide quality care and getting patients in in a timely manner. The whole office is extremely understanding and kind, felt like they really took the time to get to know us ... I believe IUI ran about $1300.00 per. IVF was 8300 plus medications. ... The entire staff was amazing. They worked with us and our long commute. Communicated regularly with us and so helpful
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF - The Maine Center?
He was phenomenal. Made us feel so much at ease. We actually named our son Benjamin. He went above and beyond and really connected with us. Well worth the four and a half hour drive. Never left a doctor appointment feeling sad Or sorry, always hopeful
Call sooner than later, don’t wait. He can help
He is by far the most genuine doctor we ever saw. He gave us hope
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Maine Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
Super friendly staff, many locations, nice office. Understanding of needs and wants, works hard to provide quality care and getting patients in in a timely manner. The whole office is extremely understanding and kind, felt like they really took the time to get to know us
I believe IUI ran about $1300.00 per. IVF was 8300 plus medications.
2018, Consult
He [Dr. Lannon] was very informative and really took the time to listen ti what i had to say and my concerns. ... He was verg nice. Only had him for a consultation so far. But i am looking forward to moving onword if I can manage to get the funds to proceed with my surgery. I cannot waite. He listened to everything I had to say. ...
They [Boston IVF] were all very friendly. They all took the time to make sure I was comfortable and to make sure that all of my Questions were answered. They wanted to make sure I had the best experience possible. And hopefully i will get to have my surgery with ben if god forbid i get the money too. ... am looking forward to moving onword if I can manage to get the funds to proceed with my surgery.
Just be your self
He was very informative and really took the time to listen ti what i had to say and my concerns.
Idk
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Maine Center.
They were all very friendly. They all took the time to make sure I was comfortable and to make sure that all of my Questions were answered. They wanted to make sure I had the best experience possible. And hopefully i will get to have my surgery with ben if god forbid i get the money too.
Expensive