Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options... Lots of blood work to check hormones etc, then uterine cavity check turned out I had cysts which I had removed surgically, had a sonohysteogram because I had a tubal reversal and needed to make sure tubes were open, 1 iui with a negative and waiting for Ivf now.
The clinic [Boston IVF-Providence] is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Be honest with your expectations and what it is you want
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She was very straight forward with expectations and her thoughts on treatment options but still let me choose what I wanted or what I thought was best
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy craw)
Always there for any help or questions you have
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
I've spent thousands so far and can't get my ivf right now bc I can't afford the meds another 1200 out of pocket per cycle of ivf if first doesn't work

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Berger has a great reputation. People are going to continue to see him because they *have to* however, it would make the patients life and experience better if we were treated more like humans vs. a number....Only communicates when it's required by insurance. After 5 IVF cycles with him, I did not even receive a "congratulations" after becoming pregnant and "graduating" the clinic....maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle
People will go here [Boston IVF- South Shore] because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient....You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He's good at what he does however don't expect him to be personable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle was when I brought up going on lovenox for unexplained miscarriage. This was the cycle that worked. We did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in total with Dr. Berger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurse of the day? You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
People will go here because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We have always transferred 2 embryos except one time we only had one. Dr. Berger was fine with it given my history.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had a nurse miscalculate my cycle, communicating the wrong start date for medication. I have had to call back multiple times to schedule or change appointments.
South Shore

Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed....I only recently underwent testing to determine my ovarian reserve, hormone levels, etc. I have only had one cycle of IUI so far.
The clinic [Boston IVF] seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable...The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan. I am still undergoing treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Write down all of your questions in advance so you remember everything you want to ask her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
The costs were covered by insurance after I met my deductible. The cost seemed reasonable compared to other fertility clinics.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I don’t have a comment on this.
Waltham
Dr. Luzzo was caring and thorough but in the end did not have enough experience for my case. She classified me as being in the small population with normal tests and no pregnancies. Another doctor later found things she missed.... Dr. Luzzo tried several different FET protocols and did find one that gave me good lining....She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
[Boston IVF- Providence] A nice small clinic with staff that gets to know you as a person. They take their time and sincerely wish you the best. Their monitoring hours could be longer but there are so few patients there is little wait time... Monitoring is always well run and you see people you know. They know your name and ask how you are as a person. They genuinely care about your cycles and take an interest in you.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to move on if things are not working
She is caring and takes her time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy always called back promptly and took her time listening to me and getting me answers
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
We had no costs other than our insurance deductible
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
Providence
He was very optimistic but not blindly so. He was very friendly and made a sad and uncomfortable process much easier. He talked to us like humans and made me more optimistic than my previously two failed transfers... With my previous doctor i felt like a number but with Dr ryley i felt like he truly cared about me and was very personable... He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/... He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they [Boston IVF] have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very kind and has great compassion and warmth for patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They treated me a little mord like a number and i know they have a lot of patients but they could have been more organized maybe by hiring more nurses
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I do not remember
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None. He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just not ordering the blood test that they told me they had ordered
Waltham

Dr. DiGirolamo was very informative, straightforward, and matter of fact. She was compassionate and empathized with us, but focused discussions on the treatment. My husband likes numbers, facts, statistics, and focusing on the problem at hand while I prefer doctors who are friendly and make me feel like I matter. Despite these differences in preference, my husband and I both really liked Dr. DiGirolamo. She frequently let my husband and I discuss our options while she just listened quietly. She wouldn't interrupt us unless we asked her a question or she had relevant information to add. Also, she never tried to push us toward one treatment or option. She simply gave us the facts and let us make our own decision.
A strength of the clinic [Boston IVF] is that it seemed to be pretty state of the art and technically advanced (although I don't know how it actually compares to others). The clinic also felt professional and like a well-oiled machine (which can be a pro and a con)...There were maybe 2 or 3 people on the nursing staff that I dealt with frequently and then another 3 to 6 people I dealt with just once or twice. It was hard to keep them all straight. They were generally friendly and informative. My only way to contact them was by phone and they didn't always pick up, so that was annoying
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Make sure you write down your questions beforehand and ask everything you want to know more about. Sometimes she seems a bit rushed, but she will always take time to answer all of your questions and explain anything you don't understand.
The doctor gave us the information we needed to make decisions and was not judgmental. She empathized and answered all of our questions. She did seem a tiny bit rushed at times.
I did 2 rounds of IVF. The first cycle I used birth control pills for a month and then I think I did Lupron and Gonal-F injections once a day. The first cycle, many of the eggs retrieved were immature. Only a few embryos made it to Day 3 and we got a negative pregnancy test. Because of the low number of mature eggs, she changed my protocol for the second cycle. The second cycle I did not use birth control pills (she said it would suppress me too much). I forget what meds I used. During the stimulation period I had to do a micro-dose injection twice a day (Lupron?) and another injection (Gonal-F) once a day. I also had to wait a few hours longer between my trigger and retrieval than the first time, to let my eggs fully mature. I am now 14-weeks pregnant with a single baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
There were maybe 2 or 3 people on the nursing staff that I dealt with frequently and then another 3 to 6 people I dealt with just once or twice. It was hard to keep them all straight. They were generally friendly and informative. My only way to contact them was by phone and they didn't always pick up, so that was annoying, especially since infertility patients often have questions and are worried about everything. When I got a call about the test results (the negative and later the positive pregnancy test), the nurse who called with the news seemed genuinely disappointed/excited for me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I think the clinic recently changed ownership and their policies and procedures have changed for the worse. I had 2 IVF cycles (2 retrievals, 2 transfers), one in late 2016 and the other in early 2017. The first retrieval/transfer felt much more patient friendly than the second one. For the second retrieval, I felt much more like I was a number and they were trying to rush me out of there. An example is the first time they let me stay as long as I needed to recover and made sure I could pee before I left. The second time they got me out the door soon afterwards. The first time they had snacks in the waiting room and let me eat and drink as much as I wanted during recovery. The second time they still gave me a snack, but it was much more limited. They also used to have water and snacks in the waiting room for transfers and retrievals, but they didn't the second time I went. There wasn't even a pitcher of water in the waiting room anymore (which seemed silly since you're supposed to drink lots of water before a transfer). There were lots of little changes like these that felt like they were just trying to save money and made me feel like a number instead of a person. None of these things were deal breakers for me or that big of a deal, but it was disappointing to see these kinds of changes. A strength of the clinic is that it seemed to be pretty state of the art and technically advanced (although I don't know how it actually compares to others). The clinic also felt professional and like a well-oiled machine (which can be a pro and a con).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
The monitoring appointments were conveniently scheduled in the morning, so I could go before work (I think the hours were 6-9AM). It was kind of confusing how they scheduled the appointment times. They asked you to schedule a specific time, but then it was mostly just first come first served. It seemed like they didn't really care what time you were there during that window. For ultrasound appointments they seemed a bit more strict about the appointments and schedule. The blood work was kind of a free for all (first come first serve). Most of the time I only had to wait a few minutes (less than 10) to do the monitoring. Two or three times I had to wait for about an hour.
For each IVF cycle, the clinic charged $9000. My other costs (appointments, genetic testing, infertility testing, etc.) were a total of about $300 after my insurance coverage.
My doctor did not say much of anything about this issue. I had done a great deal of research about it beforehand, on my own, and was strongly in favor of doing a single transfer. Maybe the doctor didn't discuss it with us because it was clear we understood the pros and cons. At one point my husband and I disagreed and looked to her to provide her medical advice (or to act as the tiebreaker), and she mentioned the pros and cons but said it was entirely up to us. We did decide to do a single transfer both times, but I wish she had been a bit more insistent about the importance of doing a single transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
For one cycle, they forgot to call me and tell me some important, time-critical test results. If I remember correctly, it was Day 2 and I needed to know if I was going in for a Day 3 or Day 5 transfer. No one called me all day. The paper instructions they gave me said to call a certain number if I hadn't heard anything by 6 PM. I called that number at 6:15, and an answering service person told me it was after hours and I would have to call back the next day. After arguing with the answering service person for a while, she finally let me talk to the on-call doctor. That doctor looked up my information and gave me the next instructions I needed for my treatment. The issue was resolved, but brought me to tears and added a lot of stress and anxiety to an already very stressful time.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Thornton explained the process thoroughly using language that I could understand. She even drew pictures which made it easy to understand a complicated process. She also was very direct and didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, she told me what I needed to hear. Since I am 43, nothing is a guarantee...They [team at Boston IVF] were sensitive to my situation and didn't treat me like the "next patient"...
They [Boston IVF] were sensitive to my situation and didn't treat me like the "next patient"...You will be making blood work appointments with set times, but there's a sign in sheer too. So if you need to get in and out, it's best to get there early and sign up first for your time slot. A strength they have is their phlebotomists.... they are absolutely wonderful for people who have anxieties about needles.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Don't go in with the expectation you absolutely will be able to get pregnant, there are tests to be done to see if you're a candidate or not
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
They were sensitive to my situation and didn't treat me like the "next patient"
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I had to take the pill for two weeks to jump start the ovaries. Then once I got mt period, I started gonal f, HCG, cetrotide, and ovidrel. I needed to get my ovaries ready for egg retrieval. The meds made me feel tired, bloated, and a little nauseous. My ovaries were get getting enlarged. I get blood work and an ultrasound tomorrow to figure out the next round of injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
They are all great. From the front desk to the phlebotomist, to the nurses. They're sympathetic to how your feeling and speak in a very ca manor. They call and follow up with the information as they get it.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
You will be making blood work appointments with set times, but there's a sign in sheer too. So if you need to get in and out, it's best to get there early and sign up first for your time slot. A strength they have is their phlebotomists.... they are absolutely wonderful for people who have anxieties about needles. I hate them and they made it the most pleasant blood draw I've ever had
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF.
My appts are covered by my insurance . Normal dr appt were 25$.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
My husband had blood work done and the nurse requested specific tests done. But one of the tests weren't performed so he had to get a second blood draw. They didn't explain why the test was missed
Kim L. Thornton
Waltham

Dr Pauli is a very science based doctor. He wanted to stick to what has been scientifically researched in terms of supplements and remedies. He listened me for my suggestions and agreed to do a procedure the way I wanted...Dr Pauli explained why it is so hard for us to conceive and was very realistic but in a nice way. He agreed to do the 7th IVF just because I wanted to. At the same time, he blurted out clinic’s success rate was gonna go down with my 7th try.
I liked the regular sonographers Annie and Deb. They told me what they were seeing and didn’t leave me wondering how many follicles I have or how big they were. The lab [at IVF New England] was usually very quick. I didn’t like the way the waiting room was. Various people were waiting and sometimes I felt sensitive to what others were there for...They were always pleasant to talk to. They were organized and answered any questions I had patiently. Their return calls were always prompt.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He is very nice. But don’t ask him about supplements and other things you would do to increase your fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr Pauli explained why it is so hard for us to conceive and was very realistic but in a nice way. He agreed to do the 7th IVF just because I wanted to. At the same time, he blurted out clinic’s success rate was gonna go down with my 7th try. I know he said it jokingly. Except this statement, he treated us nicely.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pauli used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Because I had already had four IVF cycles before I saw him, dr Pauli reviewed what worked well and didn’t work well for me from the previous cycles. He did both antagonist and birth control for prep. Used Gonal-f (follistim) as FSH and menopur and lupron. I used clamid and femera as well. When I used femera and small dose of follistim, I had day 5 transfer for the first time although it ended in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I liked the regular sonographers Annie and Deb. They told me what they were seeing and didn’t leave me wondering how many follicles I have or how big they were. The lab was usually very quick. I didn’t like the way the waiting room was. Various people were waiting and sometimes I felt sensitive to what others were there for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
It was about $10,000 for a complete cycle plus testing and lab. My insurance covered almost all of the full cycle.
Describe Samuel Pauli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None
Lexington

Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. I raised concerns and she brushed them off. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again) Dr Zimon was the dr on rotation for the day of my 2nd transfer and it also happened to be her last day at he practice. She didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern.
...She [Dr Alison Zimon] didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern...They [Boston IVF] are very efficient. I don't lived near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She was very nice and personable when we met for a consultation. Our next appointment after testing was quick and to the point. All communication after that was with her nurses. My first problem with her and what made me lose her trust happened at my first transfer. She changed our agreed upon plan last minute. We agreed on single embryo transfer of a 5 day blast or two embryos if day 3. I showed up on day three and the random dr that was doing my transfer told me we were transferring one. Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Consult she was friendly but never spoke with her again until follow up for failed cycle. She kept the call quick.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have a low AMH of .8 but I am only 31 so she wasn't worried about egg quality. Based on my AFC of 10 she was very confident that we would get around 10 eggs. First cycle was bcp/antagonist with 225 gonal and 20 HCG. I only stimmed for 6 days, triggering with HCG on day 7. I only used two doses of cetrotide. Retrieved 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized, transferred 2, chemical Cycle two we had planned estrogen patch protocol. I went for bloodwork to confirm ovulation then I was to start the estrogen patch for a few days, then add cetrotide before period. I got my period early so on cycle day 1 she had me put on estrogen patch then I started gonal f at 375 the next day with 40 HCG. She didn't send me for a scan until day 5 on which day she increased my gonal to 450 with 40 HCG. Stimmed 6 days again, trigger with ovidrel on day 7. 5 eggs retrieved 2 fertilized (didn't tell me how many were mature) transferred both (excellent grades) and had a negative beta. No follow up because she left the practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Minor prescription mix ups but they are overall awesome. I was told 8 eggs at my second retrieval but it was only 5. They went through hell when Zimon left the practice so there was a few rocky days of missed callbacks but overall they recovered quickly and are very helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are very efficient. I don't live near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend. —————————————————————-———————————-—————————————————————————————————
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
I have insurance coverage and ended up spending $800 first cycle $1100 second.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She really pushed me to one. I chose two of day 3 transfers. Since I only got two embryos each time I felt good about putting both in.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Surprise changes to protocol. I thought I was doing the same type of estrogen priming I did before but I was actually changed to luteal estrogen and wouldn't have known if I didn't ask questions.
Alison Zimon
Cape Cod
2014 - 2017, Successful
His [Dr. Samuel Pang's] manner can be rather dry but he is a good doctor and our procedures were successful. Also, he pushed the egg bank they worked with quite a bit which I guess is understandable but I might remind someone that there are others and they can use any one that they want...I will say that I wish they had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
I will say that I wish they [the team at IVF New England] had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. The first IVF someone else performed the procedure but he did the second one. It worked on the first try both times. I have nothing else to say but you are requiring me to get to 200 characters which seems sort of ridiculous.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
His manner can be rather dry but he is a good doctor and our procedures were successful. Also, he pushed the egg bank they worked with quite a bit which I guess is understandable but I might remind someone that there are others and they can use any one that they want.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifically. I believe that the first time I took Lupron, Estrace, and Progesterone. The second time I only took Estrace and Progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Paula Dwan)
They seemed a bit disorganized to me. The communication was also not great. Friends that used other clinics talked about how they could email questions and also how close they felt to their nurse because they talked to them so much. There were some times that they forgot to call when they were supposed to and so forth.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I really can't speak to this too much. We didn't go anywhere else so I have no basis for comparison. I will say that I wish they had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
I really don't remember exactly. I think the first time was around $15,000 and the second time was around $4000.
Describe Samuel Pang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Yes, he was very discouraging on transferring more than one embryo at a time. I still wish we had tried for that and that I had been more assertive about it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Nothing I care to elaborate on. I can barely remember anyway.
Samuel Pang
Lexington
The wait to see him [Dr. Berger] is always an hour at least, but when you're with him you get the sense that he's very engaged in the conversation and not rushed...You only get to see Dr. Berger at your initial consult and then again after the retrieval to get results. There's a long wait but when you're with him, he takes his time and you don't feel rushed. It's just hard not to feel like a number - you can tell they do this day in and day out and the info can be really overwhelming - if you don't advocate for yourself you could get lost in the system.
You have a main nursing line [at Boston IVF] you call with many nurses calling back. All were nice, but some were more patient and compassionate than others...2nd round is about $17,500 plus meds and genetics...Weaknesses - Dr. Berger has a busy schedule so you sometimes have to wait weeks to see him and appointments are sometimes by phone vs. in person. Long waits to see him as well - the 2 times we've gone it's been over an hour wait. Strength Dr. Berger created the protocol we were assigned to so you know you're in good hands. He's very patient while you're with him and kind. He's optimistic but doesn't give false hope.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
We came to Dr. Berger after finding out that MGH was closing their lab in December 2016 which would have delayed our first treatment cycle. We found Dr. Berger to be very informative and more encouraging than Dr. Toth had been. The wait to see him is always an hour at least, but when you're with him you get the sense that he's very engaged in the conversation and not rushed.
Come prepared and do your research - ask lots of questions and leave the office asking "what is next". Ask about the protocols that they're recommending and what alternative there are. Ask about the medications and what each one does and ask about the treatment plan, how often you'll be in monitoring, what to expect at the retrieval and next steps. Ask whether genetic testing is worth it. Just ask...
Start with Estradiol and then injections start- Gonal F, HCG, Cetrotide, Ovidrel Leutal Estrogen Protocol - FSH
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
You have a main nursing line you call with many nurses calling back. All were nice, but some were more patient and compassionate than others.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
insurance covered our first round. 2nd round is about $17,500 plus meds and genetics
We haven't gotten that far yet
South Shore
[Treatments with Dr. Kerri Luzzo included] Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage...Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed...Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth... Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative...Advocate for yourself!
There are a lot of patients [at Boston IVF] so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so...The best! The ultrasound tech (Heidi?) and the phlebotomist (Crystal) we’re both amazing and helped me get through everything, including a miscarriage...Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Very nice but definitely felt like a number. Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative.
Advocate for yourself!
She was very nice, but fake. Almost like she was talking down to me.
Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There are a lot of patients so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The nurse is unorganized and didn’t have any bedside manner. Rude at times and didn’t know what was going on.
Providence
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he [Dr Alan Penzias] was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.... lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected... [Boston IVF- Waltham is a] Huge clinic which could be a strength since they have lots of experience, but also you may see other docs for the procedures. People are generally friendly. There is also a well being center on site for acupuncture/counseling (although we never utilized it). Because of how large the practice is, it was easier to find times which worked with my schedule.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Took plenty of time to explain things to us
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected
busy but generally helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
MA has great coverage
Alan S. Penzias

2016, Unknown Success
We had no interaction with Dr. DiGirolamo throughout the entire process after we decided to go with her and everything was through the nurses. Dr. DiGirolamo happened to be the scheduled doctor on the day of my egg retrieval (IVF New England does rotation). She was in the waiting area where all patients were while she awaited for her first retrieval to start but did not come by to say hi or acknowledge that I was her patient (I was the 3rd or 4th one).
During my entire treatment, we only saw/spoke with Dr. Carla 3 times during the entire process. I raised concerns about the low # of follicles during the injection to the nurse [at IVF New England] since we did not have any interaction with the doctor directly; however, my med dosage was not adjusted. Prior to the treatment, there was no issue (on paper or blood result) about my egg quality as all along I was told it was a male infertility factor. I was surprised that I only had 5 eggs retrieved. I am currently pregnant and looking forward to the baby arrival. When I was confirmed that I was pregnant (through day 14 bloodwork and week 7 ultrasound), there was no personal phone call from the doctor to congratulate me.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
When we met with Dr. Carla the first time, she was very warm and explained things to us in details and made us comfortable. We were actually shopping for fertility doctor at the time and decided to go with Dr. DiGirolamo since she was able to start the process right away (and we got the appointment with her within 3 days meanwhile the original RE doctor that my OB doctor recommended did not have any appointment for 2 months). However, we had no interaction with Dr. DiGirolamo throughout the entire process after we decided to go with her and everything was through the nurses. Dr. DiGirolamo happened to be the scheduled doctor on the day of my egg retrieval (IVF New England does rotation). She was in the waiting area where all patients were while she awaited for her first retrieval to start but did not come by to say hi or acknowledge that I was her patient (I was the 3rd or 4th one).
Dr. DiGirolamo gets the job done. At the end, I did get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Don't expect Dr. DiGirolamo to connect with you at the personal level or spend the time to listen to your needs/concerns. Dr. DiGirolamo does have a great nurse team and they work very efficiently.
During my entire treatment, we only saw/spoke with Dr. Carla 3 times during the entire process. I raised concerns about the low # of follicles during the injection to the nurse since we did not have any interaction with the doctor directly; however, my med dosage was not adjusted. Prior to the treatment, there was no issue (on paper or blood result) about my egg quality as all along I was told it was a male infertility factor. I was surprised that I only had 5 eggs retrieved. I am currently pregnant and looking forward to the baby arrival. When I was confirmed that I was pregnant (through day 14 bloodwork and week 7 ultrasound), there was no personal phone call from the doctor to congratulate me.
It was explained to me that because it was male infertility factor, I must go through IVF process with the egg retrieval and embryo implementation. I was on birth control pill (i did not understand why I was on the bcp when my period has always been very regular but did not question since I thought everyone needed to be on it as part of the process. I later asked my friend who also went through IVF treatment and she said her wasn't on the bcp), I was then on menopur and follistim on the first day of my period. On day 5 was my first ultrasound and learned that I had 2 follicles that were larger than 10mm. There was no increase in dosage through the entire process even though I had expressed my concern as the # of follicles remained low for the next few ultrasound. I was told that as long as I have at least 3 follicles that were larger than 10mm, my retrieval would not be cancelled. But I was hoping to have more eggs so that I could save some for the second baby. I am not sure if increasing would have helped with getting more follicles but it would have been nice to the doctor adjusted the treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
There are total of 3 nurses on the nurse team that I normally worked with. They are very friendly and do get back to me in a reasonable time whenever i left a message. They ordered the medicine timely and provided the instruction including the calendar. I did not know how to inject myself but the nurse told me to youtube as the links that they provided did not work.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is very efficient. You know exactly where to go (for blood work and ultrasound). They get you in and out quickly and I hardly ever had to wait past my appointment time. The hours are very flexible. They open early in the morning and weekends which made it convenient for me since I did not need to miss any work. I would suggest them to change the process for people who brings the sperm. I remember on the day I had to bring my husband's sperm to the clinic immediately after he had surgery, there were 2 other people ahead of me in line and it took a long time for the receptionist to address their questions. Before the surgery, I specifically asked where I should bring the sperm. The nurse told me that I needed to bring the sperm to the receptionist and she would take care of it. They should have told me to bring it to the second floor where the lab is located so that I did not have to wait in line for another 15 minutes to speak with the receptionist. I was so nervous since I was told sperm would survive with 1 hour after retrieval and it took 20 minutes drive to the clinic. Even at the lab, I still had to wait for the lab technician to come out and meet me. They should improve this process.
My insurance covers all the costs. All I had to pay was the co-payment for the appointments and medicine. However, I had to pay genetic testing as well as my husband's sperm storage and analysis before receiving the procedures. IVF New England would not submit claims to my insurance for these. I submitted the claims to my insurance in early 2016. Because the contract my insurance has with IVF New England, they paid IVF New England as well. Due to some kind of policies, neither party could refund me the money directly and ask other to pay me back for the money I paid to IVF New England. It's now January 2017, I still do not have the money.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Alper was very compassionate and knowledgeable with the process. He was very kind and explained the process thoroughly. He also went above and beyond with testing during our recurrent losses. He is very busy and clearly has a heavy case load, which made us feel like just a number rather than a personal experience. This was a downside.
For one of the IUIs [at Boston IVF], I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
If you are looking to feel like he genuinely knows your case, this is not the doctor for you. He is a great doctor, but doesn’t know he patients well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Dr Alper clearly has a stellar reputation and sees many patients. He is also the coowner of BIVF, and goes to several of their locations. Because of this, we felt he didn’t know our case in detail. While sitting with him in the office, he would refer back to the computer with our information even on basic Information. I would have appreciated him studying up even briefly, prior to meeting with us. This is what made us feel like just another patient.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We knew, due to bloodwork, my amh level was low. Due to this we started at a higher gonalF level right from the beginning. Midcycle, he noticed I still wasn’t respond the way he wanted and upped the dosage. I liked that he made this adjustment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Again, due to the size of this clinic there are many people handling your case. Some of the time, we heard from the primary nurse, however it was hearing from different people that we found challenegjng because they again didn’t know the fine details of our specific case. We had to explain and re-explain ourselves often.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Being a large clinic has its strengths and weaknesses. They have a high success rate, have incredibly high standards, and have many resources available. The staff we worked with unfortunately did not take the time to know our case thoroughly, in our opinion due to their high volume, leaving us feeling like we were just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Fortunately most of our treatments (and medications) were covered by my insurance.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He is pretty firm on transferring one embryo at a time, even into your 30s. He stated several times that multiple embryo transfer on increases your chance of twins, not a pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
For one of the IUIs, I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.
Michael Alper
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
I liked that she was candid about the reality of our situation. Very compassionate in her approach. She gave us options at all stages and I felt she gave us good information for us to make informed decisions.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Ask if after business hours are available for consults.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Never rushed us-always willing to take as long as we needed during apts to answer our questions. Always took the time to try to explain complex medical jargon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
Meg was assigned to me halfway through my treatment-and she's been fabulous. The previous nurse had been extremely scatterbrained and not patient in explaining process, treatment steps, etc. Meg has been the complete opposite, and always is patient when explaining (and re-explaining) things to me. The one thing I think could be better is that since different staff handle different portions of the treatment, that sometimes I would have to speak to multiple people -and it would have been easier if theI ran responsibilities overlapped.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths: - early morning hours for monitoring appts. I.e. blood and ultrasound (before normal business hours) -appts for procedures and monitoring seemed to run extremely efficiently -in house notary -multiple Dr's available in clinic Weaknesses : - no early or late hours for Dr. Consults normally. -notary hours only during normal business hours. -billing for embryo storage was difficult to understand ( They bill you all at once -and only after questioning it, I was told I could pay monthly. Would have preferred to have had that clearly outlined in the billing) -
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
Costs were mostly covered by insurance
Rita Sneeringer
Waltham

Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle...The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. It also has access with the Domar Center which provides nutrition information, acupuncture, and other self care options...Costs associated with medication, co-pays for office visits, tests, and procedures.
The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. ...My primary nurse was great: very good at coordination, communication, and seemed to have compassion when our first cycle failed. However, there was another nurse on the team, who when she called to give me negative results, was completely opposite. She was unorganized and had to call me back twice to tell me about future appointments.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dan)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He seemed to favor a SET, but ultimately it seemed like insurance requirements dictated how many to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I had one nurse who called to tell me about my negative pregnancy results, and instead of scheduling a follow up appointment, had to call me several times to remember all the information she was supposed to coordinate with me.
Isaac Glatstein
Quincy
2015, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do.
In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do... Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer was great. I'm a very informed patient (and a RN) and Dr. Bayer always was on the same page with what I was thinking. He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage. He was very nice and attentive. In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor. I heard from my nurse after each appt and only met with Dr. Bayer for wtf appointments or by request. I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do. As far as my protocol, Dr. Bayer prescribed the same one as my now current RE. Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests. This was no fault of Dr. Bayers and I would gladly go back to him if we pursue DE.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
I would give this advice regardless of the RE - educate yourself!! You cannot have an educated discussion with any health care provider unless you know what you are talking about and what your options are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Everyone was nice and accessible.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Normal CD3 testing with HSG (yielded Celiac Disease dx and DOR), since I have a tilted uterus he wasn't happy with the view of my ute he got with the HSG and sent me for a 3D saline sono (yielded endometrioma and potential septum), sent me to surgical OB for hysteroscopy and confirmed septum. Surgical hysteroscopy and lap for septum and endo removal. Antagonist protocol with bcp prep = 7R, 6M, 4F - 3dt of 1 7-cell HIP embryo = BFN Antagonist protocol with EPP = 7R, 3F - 3dt of 8-cell HIP and 10-cell = c/p (added CoQ10 after IVF #1) Then switched clinics for more testing and use of different cycle tools such as HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
All of the nurses were great. When my first cycle failed I got a call on a Saturday from an unknown nurse and she was so genuinely sad for my BFN. The manager is also awesome. I did not have a negative experience with any staff member.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic in Waltham with surgery center and Domar Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Insurance coverage.
Steven Bayer
2015, Unknown Success
I am still in the process of getting pregnant and have yet to feel the need to look elsewhere for a doctor. Although I haven't met with Dr. Ryley extensively, I do wish he was a bit more involved on a personal level.
I have found it very clinical at the [Boston IVF] office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
All my interactions with Dr. Ryley have been pleasant and he genuinely seemed to want to help. That being said, I have found it very clinical at the office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were very nice and always prompt in getting back to me when I called with questions.

2013, Successful
I barely interacted with Dr. Gladstein, aside from one introductory appointment, and one after a miscarriage to decide next steps. Most of my interactions with with the nurses...I have no problem with Dr. Glatstein, just no real relationship. I got the sense he was very good at what he did. He provided information, evaluated my circumstances, and made reasonable recommendations during an emotional time.
They [IVF New England] are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He's fine, but know that, at least in my case, the nurses matter more.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did injections to stimulate hormones for egg retrieval and then after pregnancy to continue hormone levels to be stable. I also used the vaginal cream after becoming pregnant to sustain estrogen levels (an earlier doctor did not do this). We did needle insemination of sperm into our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were willing and able to take calls and communicate frequently. They gave honest information, but didn't sugar coat. I had one failed pregnancy, and one fragile pregnancy, and especially in the latter, it was challenging, but they were there for me, even at odd hours. I had medicine delivered in a snow storm and an appointment at 6 am on a Saturday for an ultrasound after a bleed.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
Our health insurance covered our entire IVF process. It was exceptional, and this policy is no longer offered by husband's employer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
My first doctor, Gary Gross, did not communicate the hormone treatment that would be necessary after a positive pregnancy test and did not do testing nearly with the same rigor as the nurses and protocols at RSC. This isn't a problem per se with the clinic, rather than the way, at the time, they coordinated their services with doctors that were not providing the same standard of care.
Isaac Glatstein
2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope...My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more with regard to egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Boston IVF Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient.... Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope. He encouraged us to seek a second opinion when we told him we wanted to and also offered to raise our case at the practice's monthly meeting to see if someone else had ideas to help address our unexplained infertility. My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more wrt egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
Be prepared with questions and be honest.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient. The phlebotomist at the Brookline office was AMAZING, as were the techs doing the ultrasounds. They talked us through everything and showed us what they were seeing. Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory. The tech's were cold and didn't show us anything and the blood draws were factory-ish and I always left with a bruise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
In the procedure room they took care of everything and kept track of things, so after the first one, I always got the patch for nausea to help with being sick after retrievals.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pauli was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant....The nursing staff [at IVF New England] was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pauly was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant.
He's very trustworthy and kind and I really have nothing bad to say about him
He is a very thouthoughtful and caring doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works like a machine. I was able to get in and get my ultrasounds and blood in no time at all every morning. If anything I think this was the best clinic that I experience.
2006 - 2011, Successful
[Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz was] professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done...It was a busy practice, but I felt like I was treated professionally and appropriately. I mostly saw his NP who provided the most "human" contact...There were some insurance coverage mix ups [at Boston IVF] but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done. I am now filling in more words to get to 200 characters. How much more do I have to write? I think there is a glitch. He was professional and straight forward. I am a physician so I was not expecting or needing more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
He is professional and straight forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
It was 2007, we used basic protocols as I was a single woman with no speicific fertility issues other than age at 39 and being single.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There were some insurance coverage mix ups but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF.
Copays, insurance covered.