Merle Berger

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Alper was very compassionate and knowledgeable with the process. He was very kind and explained the process thoroughly. He also went above and beyond with testing during our recurrent losses. He is very busy and clearly has a heavy case load, which made us feel like just a number rather than a personal experience. This was a downside.
For one of the IUIs [at Boston IVF], I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
If you are looking to feel like he genuinely knows your case, this is not the doctor for you. He is a great doctor, but doesn’t know he patients well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Dr Alper clearly has a stellar reputation and sees many patients. He is also the coowner of BIVF, and goes to several of their locations. Because of this, we felt he didn’t know our case in detail. While sitting with him in the office, he would refer back to the computer with our information even on basic Information. I would have appreciated him studying up even briefly, prior to meeting with us. This is what made us feel like just another patient.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We knew, due to bloodwork, my amh level was low. Due to this we started at a higher gonalF level right from the beginning. Midcycle, he noticed I still wasn’t respond the way he wanted and upped the dosage. I liked that he made this adjustment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Again, due to the size of this clinic there are many people handling your case. Some of the time, we heard from the primary nurse, however it was hearing from different people that we found challenegjng because they again didn’t know the fine details of our specific case. We had to explain and re-explain ourselves often.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Being a large clinic has its strengths and weaknesses. They have a high success rate, have incredibly high standards, and have many resources available. The staff we worked with unfortunately did not take the time to know our case thoroughly, in our opinion due to their high volume, leaving us feeling like we were just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Fortunately most of our treatments (and medications) were covered by my insurance.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He is pretty firm on transferring one embryo at a time, even into your 30s. He stated several times that multiple embryo transfer on increases your chance of twins, not a pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
For one of the IUIs, I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.
Michael Alper
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
I liked that she was candid about the reality of our situation. Very compassionate in her approach. She gave us options at all stages and I felt she gave us good information for us to make informed decisions.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Ask if after business hours are available for consults.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Never rushed us-always willing to take as long as we needed during apts to answer our questions. Always took the time to try to explain complex medical jargon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
Meg was assigned to me halfway through my treatment-and she's been fabulous. The previous nurse had been extremely scatterbrained and not patient in explaining process, treatment steps, etc. Meg has been the complete opposite, and always is patient when explaining (and re-explaining) things to me. The one thing I think could be better is that since different staff handle different portions of the treatment, that sometimes I would have to speak to multiple people -and it would have been easier if theI ran responsibilities overlapped.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths: - early morning hours for monitoring appts. I.e. blood and ultrasound (before normal business hours) -appts for procedures and monitoring seemed to run extremely efficiently -in house notary -multiple Dr's available in clinic Weaknesses : - no early or late hours for Dr. Consults normally. -notary hours only during normal business hours. -billing for embryo storage was difficult to understand ( They bill you all at once -and only after questioning it, I was told I could pay monthly. Would have preferred to have had that clearly outlined in the billing) -
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
Costs were mostly covered by insurance
Rita Sneeringer
2015, Successful
He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do.
In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do... Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer was great. I'm a very informed patient (and a RN) and Dr. Bayer always was on the same page with what I was thinking. He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage. He was very nice and attentive. In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor. I heard from my nurse after each appt and only met with Dr. Bayer for wtf appointments or by request. I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do. As far as my protocol, Dr. Bayer prescribed the same one as my now current RE. Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests. This was no fault of Dr. Bayers and I would gladly go back to him if we pursue DE.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
I would give this advice regardless of the RE - educate yourself!! You cannot have an educated discussion with any health care provider unless you know what you are talking about and what your options are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Everyone was nice and accessible.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Normal CD3 testing with HSG (yielded Celiac Disease dx and DOR), since I have a tilted uterus he wasn't happy with the view of my ute he got with the HSG and sent me for a 3D saline sono (yielded endometrioma and potential septum), sent me to surgical OB for hysteroscopy and confirmed septum. Surgical hysteroscopy and lap for septum and endo removal. Antagonist protocol with bcp prep = 7R, 6M, 4F - 3dt of 1 7-cell HIP embryo = BFN Antagonist protocol with EPP = 7R, 3F - 3dt of 8-cell HIP and 10-cell = c/p (added CoQ10 after IVF #1) Then switched clinics for more testing and use of different cycle tools such as HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
All of the nurses were great. When my first cycle failed I got a call on a Saturday from an unknown nurse and she was so genuinely sad for my BFN. The manager is also awesome. I did not have a negative experience with any staff member.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic in Waltham with surgery center and Domar Center.
Insurance coverage.

2013, Successful
I barely interacted with Dr. Gladstein, aside from one introductory appointment, and one after a miscarriage to decide next steps. Most of my interactions with with the nurses...I have no problem with Dr. Glatstein, just no real relationship. I got the sense he was very good at what he did. He provided information, evaluated my circumstances, and made reasonable recommendations during an emotional time.
They [IVF New England] are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He's fine, but know that, at least in my case, the nurses matter more.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did injections to stimulate hormones for egg retrieval and then after pregnancy to continue hormone levels to be stable. I also used the vaginal cream after becoming pregnant to sustain estrogen levels (an earlier doctor did not do this). We did needle insemination of sperm into our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were willing and able to take calls and communicate frequently. They gave honest information, but didn't sugar coat. I had one failed pregnancy, and one fragile pregnancy, and especially in the latter, it was challenging, but they were there for me, even at odd hours. I had medicine delivered in a snow storm and an appointment at 6 am on a Saturday for an ultrasound after a bleed.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Our health insurance covered our entire IVF process. It was exceptional, and this policy is no longer offered by husband's employer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
My first doctor, Gary Gross, did not communicate the hormone treatment that would be necessary after a positive pregnancy test and did not do testing nearly with the same rigor as the nurses and protocols at RSC. This isn't a problem per se with the clinic, rather than the way, at the time, they coordinated their services with doctors that were not providing the same standard of care.
Isaac Glatstein
Lexington
Kind, explained all my questions, spoke in a really respectful way, encouraged us and gave us hope... Very kind and intelligent, the only bad things were that he [Dr. Bayer] seemed so confident in having a positive outcome and when we didn’t I felt like he didn’t dig into why and just chalked it up to bad luck and didn’t really change cycle protocol... He would have been fine with putting in two embryos if we had wanted.
It [Boston IVF] has too many people, patients doctors don’t always do physical transfer etc., their billing department is confusing, disorganized and not helpful. However, they have a lot of doctors so you can find a right for, they have easy to get to locations and they have ALL types of programs so it’s like one stop shopping for fertility.... One of our embryos did not thaw out and they told me 30 seconds before transfer. Also, they would not let my husband in the room, even though they knew it was surrogacy pregnancy.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Very kind and intelligent, the only bad things were that he seemed so confident in having a positive outcome and when we didn’t I felt like he didn’t dig into why and just chalked it up to bad luck and didn’t really change cycle protocol
Be prepared not to have contact and commiicafon with him-it all had to be filtered through nurses and he won’t mecessaily do your egg retrieval or transfer
But on regular ivf cycle-regular protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
The nurse was VERY prompt in giving results and answering questions. He manner or tone was sometimes a bit cold, but I just think she was like that because she wanted everything to be really clear (which it was.)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It has too many people, patients doctors don’t always do physical transfer etc., their billing department is confusing, disorganized and not helpful. However, they have a lot of doctors so you can find a right for, they have easy to get to locations and they have ALL types of programs so it’s like one stop shopping for fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
We spent over 90k on all treatments there and on our gestational carrier.
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He would have been fine with putting in two embryos if we had wanted.
Boston

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options... Lots of blood work to check hormones etc, then uterine cavity check turned out I had cysts which I had removed surgically, had a sonohysteogram because I had a tubal reversal and needed to make sure tubes were open, 1 iui with a negative and waiting for Ivf now.
The clinic [Boston IVF-Providence] is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Be honest with your expectations and what it is you want
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She was very straight forward with expectations and her thoughts on treatment options but still let me choose what I wanted or what I thought was best
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy craw)
Always there for any help or questions you have
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
I've spent thousands so far and can't get my ivf right now bc I can't afford the meds another 1200 out of pocket per cycle of ivf if first doesn't work

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Berger has a great reputation. People are going to continue to see him because they *have to* however, it would make the patients life and experience better if we were treated more like humans vs. a number....Only communicates when it's required by insurance. After 5 IVF cycles with him, I did not even receive a "congratulations" after becoming pregnant and "graduating" the clinic....maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle
People will go here [Boston IVF- South Shore] because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient....You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He's good at what he does however don't expect him to be personable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle was when I brought up going on lovenox for unexplained miscarriage. This was the cycle that worked. We did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in total with Dr. Berger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurse of the day? You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
People will go here because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We have always transferred 2 embryos except one time we only had one. Dr. Berger was fine with it given my history.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had a nurse miscalculate my cycle, communicating the wrong start date for medication. I have had to call back multiple times to schedule or change appointments.
Brian Berger
South Shore
[Treatments with Dr. Kerri Luzzo included] Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage...Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed...Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth... Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative...Advocate for yourself!
There are a lot of patients [at Boston IVF] so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so...The best! The ultrasound tech (Heidi?) and the phlebotomist (Crystal) we’re both amazing and helped me get through everything, including a miscarriage...Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Very nice but definitely felt like a number. Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative.
Advocate for yourself!
She was very nice, but fake. Almost like she was talking down to me.
Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There are a lot of patients so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The nurse is unorganized and didn’t have any bedside manner. Rude at times and didn’t know what was going on.
Providence

Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle...The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. It also has access with the Domar Center which provides nutrition information, acupuncture, and other self care options...Costs associated with medication, co-pays for office visits, tests, and procedures.
The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. ...My primary nurse was great: very good at coordination, communication, and seemed to have compassion when our first cycle failed. However, there was another nurse on the team, who when she called to give me negative results, was completely opposite. She was unorganized and had to call me back twice to tell me about future appointments.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle.
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dan)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He seemed to favor a SET, but ultimately it seemed like insurance requirements dictated how many to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I had one nurse who called to tell me about my negative pregnancy results, and instead of scheduling a follow up appointment, had to call me several times to remember all the information she was supposed to coordinate with me.
Isaac Glatstein
Quincy
2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope...My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more with regard to egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Boston IVF Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient.... Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope. He encouraged us to seek a second opinion when we told him we wanted to and also offered to raise our case at the practice's monthly meeting to see if someone else had ideas to help address our unexplained infertility. My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more wrt egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Be prepared with questions and be honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient. The phlebotomist at the Brookline office was AMAZING, as were the techs doing the ultrasounds. They talked us through everything and showed us what they were seeing. Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory. The tech's were cold and didn't show us anything and the blood draws were factory-ish and I always left with a bruise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
In the procedure room they took care of everything and kept track of things, so after the first one, I always got the patch for nausea to help with being sick after retrievals.
Brookline
First cycle [with Dr. Nina Resetkova] I was on 300 Gonal and 150 menopure. Second cycle we added in estradiol and for better results...She called me personally at 7:30 on a Friday night to resolve an issue...She was good, gave all the risks and options. When she called with test results she gave the next step. She personally called me...Only con would be she didn’t mention she was going on maternity leave or who was covering for her.
Insurance covered most of it and the financial coordinator [at Boston IVF- South Shore] was on top of it...Large clinic with several locations. They offer aggressive treatment plans. Nursing is triage if you call the main line and things slip through the cracks, ie. they forgot to order my meds because I called on a weekend. Poor communication within departments. It’s a business, the run as such... [Nurses had] Zero compassion...Organized and good follow up
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She was good, gave all the risks and options. When she called with test results she gave the next step. She personally called me to resolve an issue. Only con would be she didn’t mention she was going on maternity leave or who was covering for her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Be your own advocate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She called me personally at 7:30 on a Friday night to resolve an issue.
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
First cycle I was on 300 Gonal and 150 menopure. Second cycle we added in estradiol and for better results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Organized and good follow up. Zero compassion.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Ultrasound technicians and blood technicians were always awesome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered most of it and the financial coordinator was on top of it.
Describe Nina Resetkova's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The nursing line is a triage and things can slip through the cracks. They forgot to order my medication and I had to wait a month to start a cycle.
Nina Resetkova
South Shore

Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed....I only recently underwent testing to determine my ovarian reserve, hormone levels, etc. I have only had one cycle of IUI so far.
The clinic [Boston IVF] seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable...The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan. I am still undergoing treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Write down all of your questions in advance so you remember everything you want to ask her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
The costs were covered by insurance after I met my deductible. The cost seemed reasonable compared to other fertility clinics.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I don’t have a comment on this.
Carla DiGirolamo
Waltham
Dr. Luzzo was caring and thorough but in the end did not have enough experience for my case. She classified me as being in the small population with normal tests and no pregnancies. Another doctor later found things she missed.... Dr. Luzzo tried several different FET protocols and did find one that gave me good lining....She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
[Boston IVF- Providence] A nice small clinic with staff that gets to know you as a person. They take their time and sincerely wish you the best. Their monitoring hours could be longer but there are so few patients there is little wait time... Monitoring is always well run and you see people you know. They know your name and ask how you are as a person. They genuinely care about your cycles and take an interest in you.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to move on if things are not working
She is caring and takes her time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy always called back promptly and took her time listening to me and getting me answers
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
We had no costs other than our insurance deductible
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
Providence
He was very optimistic but not blindly so. He was very friendly and made a sad and uncomfortable process much easier. He talked to us like humans and made me more optimistic than my previously two failed transfers... With my previous doctor i felt like a number but with Dr ryley i felt like he truly cared about me and was very personable... He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/... He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they [Boston IVF] have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very kind and has great compassion and warmth for patients
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They treated me a little mord like a number and i know they have a lot of patients but they could have been more organized maybe by hiring more nurses
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I do not remember
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None. He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just not ordering the blood test that they told me they had ordered
2006 - 2011, Successful
[Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz was] professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done...It was a busy practice, but I felt like I was treated professionally and appropriately. I mostly saw his NP who provided the most "human" contact...There were some insurance coverage mix ups [at Boston IVF] but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done. I am now filling in more words to get to 200 characters. How much more do I have to write? I think there is a glitch. He was professional and straight forward. I am a physician so I was not expecting or needing more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
He is professional and straight forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
It was 2007, we used basic protocols as I was a single woman with no speicific fertility issues other than age at 39 and being single.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There were some insurance coverage mix ups but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF.
Copays, insurance covered.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)
Boston
Dr Murphy forgot repeatedly what had happened in my history (she forgot about my chromosomally normal pregnancies, about a chemical pregnancy, about the fact that she prescribed and that I took letrozole for one cycle) ... Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable ...
Boston IVF is an older office with not a lot of space, but they are efficient and the office and nursing staff are very nice. This was convenient for me and covered by my insurance, so that was good. Parking is expensive. ... The majority of cost was picked up by my insurance; anything that would not be was discussed in advance.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
Lauren Murphy
2015, Unknown Success
I am still in the process of getting pregnant and have yet to feel the need to look elsewhere for a doctor. Although I haven't met with Dr. Ryley extensively, I do wish he was a bit more involved on a personal level.
I have found it very clinical at the [Boston IVF] office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
All my interactions with Dr. Ryley have been pleasant and he genuinely seemed to want to help. That being said, I have found it very clinical at the office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were very nice and always prompt in getting back to me when I called with questions.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pauli was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant....The nursing staff [at IVF New England] was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pauly was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He's very trustworthy and kind and I really have nothing bad to say about him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He is a very thouthoughtful and caring doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works like a machine. I was able to get in and get my ultrasounds and blood in no time at all every morning. If anything I think this was the best clinic that I experience.

2019 - 2021, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Samuel Pauli] showed compassion for my negative pregnancy test, and chemicals. He was willing to listen to my changes in procedures. He valued my feelings...He was compassionate and understanding. I felt he was just as frustrated with my infertility as I was. He didn’t treat me as a number or a ratings score. He wanted me to finally have the family I’ve wanted for 5 years now...He was always willing to discuss options
Make sure your [Boston IVF] portal and appointment times are the same. Always be clear of what department you are trying to get a hold of like admin or nursing. They email direction for egg retrievals/transfers etc and they are pretty clear of instructions...Nurse Nikki always returned my calls, no matter how silly the question...Insurance covered most. Medication costs were ridiculous
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Don’t be afraid to advocate for you selves if you have ideas of a treatment plans. He was always willing to discuss options
He showed compassion for my negative pregnancy test, and chemicals. He was willing to listen to my changes in procedures. He valued my feelings
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Nurse Nikki always returned my calls, no matter how silly the question. She personally called me once we found out I was going to be expecting twins and was so happy for my. She was equally as devastated when told her we lost them at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Make sure your portal and appointment times are the same. Always be clear of what department you are trying to get a hold of like admin or nursing. They email direction for egg retrievals/transfers etc and they are pretty clear of instructions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered most. Medication costs were ridiculous
Worcester

[Dr. Steven Bayer] was compassionate and thoughtful. However, he works at a high cost clinic - we felt like we were constantly repeating the same protocol with no changes. And we couldn't afford to continue to go there...He is great - just wish he worked at a more affordable clinic...He spoke to us like he cared and tried to help us with financial decisions...[Protocols included] Letrozole...
Strengths [at Boston IVF]: Convenience - many locations - easy to get an appointment - someone picks up the phone right away and nurses get back to you within a couple of hours. Weaknesses: Cost - just cannot afford to keep going here. The cost of the IVF egg retrieval procedure is 10k and each ultra sound / bloodwork which occurs every couple of days is also thousands of dollars. I know it doesn't cost that much to administer a 2 minute ultrasound.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Doctor Bayer was compassionate and thoughtful. However, he works at a high cost clinic - we felt like we were constantly repeating the same protocol with no changes. And we couldn't afford to continue to go there.
He is great - just wish he worked at a more affordable clinic.
He spoke to us like he cared and tried to help us with financial decisions.
Letrozole
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths: Convenience - many locations - easy to get an appointment - someone picks up the phone right away and nurses get back to you within a couple of hours. Weaknesses: Cost - just cannot afford to keep going here. The cost of the IVF egg retrieval procedure is 10k and each ultra sound / bloodwork which occurs every couple of days is also thousands of dollars. I know it doesn't cost that much to administer a 2 minute ultrasound.
Approximately $3000
Boston
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he [Dr Alan Penzias] was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.... lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected... [Boston IVF- Waltham is a] Huge clinic which could be a strength since they have lots of experience, but also you may see other docs for the procedures. People are generally friendly. There is also a well being center on site for acupuncture/counseling (although we never utilized it). Because of how large the practice is, it was easier to find times which worked with my schedule.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Took plenty of time to explain things to us
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected
busy but generally helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
MA has great coverage