Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

He [Dr. Paul] was incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to go over our five previous cycles in great detail, including dosing and why he thought our outcomes were what they were. He was quick to adjust my doses when my terrible ovaries were not responding well to stims, and was very candid about the fact that my retrieval might not be successful due to my ovaries being displaced by adhesions from endometriosis.
The staff [at IVF New England]\ is mostly awesome. There was one ultrasound tech in the Brookline office who was young and super unprofessional but every other person I encountered was amazing. Every phlebotomist, secretary, ultrasound tech (except for that one), and nurse was compassionate and efficient and just all around awesome. I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He was incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to go over our five previous cycles in great detail, including dosing and why he thought our outcomes were what they were. He was quick to adjust my doses when my terrible ovaries were not responding well to stims, and was very candid about the fact that my retrieval might not be successful due to my ovaries being displaced by adhesions from endometriosis. The best was the voicemail I got from him wishing me a happy and healthy pregnancy about a week after I was released from the clinic, that and the fact that he personally called me to talk about my fertilization report. And let’s not forget that it took my last doctor eight embryos over five transfers to get me a live birth, and it took Dr Pauli just two eSETs to give me the gift of my second daughter, who is due in less than two weeks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Take the time to ask questions, because he will answer absolutely every single one of them candidly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He genuinely cared about our situation, and he took plenty of time to go over every detail I asked for.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pauli used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We did an antagonist protocol with very high doses of stims for over a week, I think I stimmed for 10 or 11 days? HCG trigger, retrieval went well, fresh eSET resulted in a chemical but I’ve never had luck with fresh transfers. Second transfer was a successful frozen eSET, used PIO for the first time, old doc had me always using Crinone. Also used baby aspirin for the first time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were great. They were going through some staffing changes so I was never sure who to ask for specifically, but luckily I know one of the nurses personally (mom of a friend) and even though she wasn’t on my team she stepped in and helped me out tremendously whenever I needed to speak with someone directly.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The staff is mostly awesome. There was one ultrasound tech in the Brookline office who was young and super unprofessional but every other person I encountered was amazing. Every phlebotomist, secretary, ultrasound tech (except for that one), and nurse was compassionate and efficient and just all around awesome. I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on.
Covered 100% by insurance
Describe Samuel Pauli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Our original plan was actually to transfer two at a time given my history, but my insurance limited us to eSET because of my age (under 35) and prior successful pregnancy. He did originally suggest eSET but after going over my history (three transfers of two embryos at once resulting in just one singleton) agreed that two was probably safe for me. I’m glad we ultimately didn’t take that path though!
Lexington

We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein...He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs... His bedside manner when we didn't succeed was odd and overly sugar coated, wishing me "condolences"
Boston IVF in Lexington is great, I haven't had any issues. I have gone there for my monitoring appointments and my appointments with my doctor. I've gone to the Waltham location for egg retrievals and transfers. Haven't had any problems there either...We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein...He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Dr. Glatstein was not creative at all with his approach to my treatment. Because I was older, he put me on the highest levels of medications he could for the 3 standard protocols he used. His bedside manner when we didn't succeed was odd and overly sugar coated, wishing me "condolences". I definitely felt talked down to when we met and it made me reluctant to ask additional questions. It seemed to me like he wanted me out of his care as quickly as possible as an "older" patient. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone over 35 for that reason.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
If you're older than 35, please don't waste your time. Do your research and find another provider who will approach your care thoughtfully and creatively.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
I felt like Dr. Glatstein didn't put a lot of thought into my treatment, that I was immediately put into the bucket of being "old" and untreatable (I started meeting with Dr. Glatstein when I was 40). He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs.
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Standard antagonist protocol using birth control pre cycle, Menopur, Follastim during the cycle and Ganirelix toward the end. Only 1 follicle grew, converted to IUI and wasn't successful. Estrogen priming protocol next, with MDHCG, Follastim and Ganirelix. Egg retrieval resulted in 1 fertilized egg that stopped growing before Day 5. MDLupron protocol for the third round. MDHCG, MDLupron, Follastim. 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Didn't make it to Day 5 PGS testing.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Mostly covered under my health insurance. PGS testing was out of pocket.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein
Isaac Glatstein
Lexington

We saw Carla [DiGirolamo] for a second opinion after we had 4 failed IVF ICSI treatments with our first doctor. She was completely upfront with us from the moment we walked in the door. She explained that with our male factor issue that the best possible way to have a baby was to do the out of pocket PGS testing....She chose to put me on 2mg of estrace and baby aspirin daily leading up to my retreival. I was also on crinone afterwards. I dont recall my trigger shot. My egg was frozen for PGS testing and we transferred the one good egg about a month after the tests came back.
The nice thing about the Westborough office [Boston IVF] is how small it is. There isn't a lot of people there in the AM for blood or ultrasound and this make the wait shorter. It feels a little less like a doctors office.... Everyone I worked with was excellent. After years of treatments, my veins were weak and they always had trouble getting one, but we worked through it together. They were gentle and always made sure I was doing okay.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
We saw Carla for a second opinion after we had 4 failed IVF ICSI treatments with our first doctor. She was completely upfront with us from the moment we walked in the door. She explained that with our male factor issue that the best possible way to have a baby was to do the out of pocket PGS testing. We agreed and we finally have our miracle baby! Carla was amazing, she explained everything to us and answered every question we had along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions you want to know, she will be honest and explain them to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
She was honest with us and made us feel like we were there to create a human life and not just a patient of hers. She was kind, and always happy to see us, especially when she told us the results of our PGS results.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The nice thing about the Westborough office is how small it is. There isn't a lot of people there in the AM for blood or ultrasound and this make the wait shorter. It feels a little less like a doctors office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
As stated in a previous response, monitoring was easy here. The clinic is small so the wait was usually short. The nurses were kind and never seemed to feel rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
We were lucky enough to have insurance pay for most of our treatments. So I don't recall the numbers.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't have a choice. I only had one egg survive.
Waltham

Dr. Luzzo allowed my husband and I to explain and voice every single concern we had through out the entire process. She held my hand when I cried and offered tissues. She was sympathetic towards every feeling and emotion I had.... Since I have a blocked Fallopian tube, she explained that IVF would be the safest option since that is the only treatment to bypass the tubes. I had gone through ectopic pregnancies and she did not want that to occur again.
I did not know what to expect from a fertility clinic, but what I got from Boston IVF was comfort during a long and difficult process. I have no complaints about anyone there. Every phone call was answered with a caring team member on the other side. Every time my blood was drawn the techs were so pleasant and full of hope when I was crying because I knew the transfer had failed. I trusted this team at my most vulnerable state and they did not disappoint.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
When I first met Dr. Luzzo I had just experienced my third miscarriage. This last miscarriage was after a round of clomid. She was extremely thorough with treatment options. Due to my one blocked Fallopian tube she explained what she believed to be the safest option for pregnancy for me. She was to the point but also sensitive to what we were going through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Trust the process. It takes a lot of time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo allowed my husband and I to explain and voice every single concern we had through out the entire process. She held my hand when I cried and offered tissues. She was sympathetic towards every feeling and emotion I had. I was very comfortable with her and her treatment plan from the very beginning.
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Since I have a blocked Fallopian tube, she explained that IVF would be the safest option since that is the only treatment to bypass the tubes. I had gone through ectopic pregnancies and she did not want that to occur again. As I was young (28 years old) and the 5 day embryos looked good, she wanted to use a fresh embryo for transfer. That was unsuccessful. I voiced my concern about the progesterone suppository and asked for the injections and she willingly prescribed them for my next transfer. We waited a month in between the fresh and frozen embryo transfer so my body could “normalize” before the frozen embryo transfer. The frozen embryo transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test and after week 10 I “graduated” out of the fertility clinic to a regular OB. 29 weeks after my graduation from Boston IVF, I gave birth to my daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Craw)
Everyone at this clinic in Providence was amazing. From the nurses to the techs everyone made me feel comfortable and heard.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Pleasant. The ultrasound tech was one of my favorites. I was sad when I knew it was the last time I would be seeing her, even though it was a good outcome
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
With the IVF procedures and medications, about $25,000
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Originally they planned to use ICSI, but did not have to. The plan was for single embryo transfers and I was happy about that.
Providence

I felt like a human because she [Dr. Kristen Wright] was very kind and understanding. She took all the time we needed to explain everything to us and answer all of our questions...She laid all of our options out on the table and was very supportive of whatever we chose to do.
Boston IVF was wonderful. I was seen at multiple locations and everyone was always very kind and welcoming...The waiting rooms and exam rooms were always very clean and organized. I never came across anyone working there who was unpleasant.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She was wonderful. She laid all of our options out on the table and was very supportive of whatever we chose to do. She explained everything in terms we could understand. Every time I was unsure about something or had a question after hours, she was always available to answer my questions. She was supportive and empathetic when we had a miscarriage and every time we got a negative pregnancy test.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Just be yourself and be honest. She will do the same for you and let you know your best course of action to become parents.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
I felt like a human because she was very kind and understanding. She took all the time we needed to explain everything to us and answer all of our questions. I didn't feel rushed or unsure during any of the process.
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I wasn't sure that we had fertility coverage when we first saw her so we started with timed intercourse and letrozole pills. We did that for about 3-4 cycles and didn't have any luck. I confirmed fertility coverage and from there we moved on to IUI. My 2nd IUI took but I lost the baby at 12 weeks along. Dr Wright and her team were very compassionate and sympathetic and were there for us when we were ready to try again. She performed a hysteroscopy to make sure my uterus was ready to get pregnant again. We did one more IUI and when that didn't work, we moved onto IVF. Dr Wright and her team were wonderful in explaining the whole processes to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
The nursing team at Dr Wright's office was wonderful. They were always available and friendly when I had questions over the phone. And always had a smiling face when I was there at the office.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston IVF was wonderful. I was seen at multiple locations and everyone was always very kind and welcoming. They were able to get me in fairly quickly and I never felt like a burden. They were always available any time of day if you had questions regarding your treatment. The waiting rooms and exam rooms were always very clean and organized. I never came across anyone working there who was unpleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
The monitoring appointments were a breeze. They did them in the mornings between 6:30am and 8am which was perfect for me because I could go in before work and not miss any hours. There was never a big wait. Maybe 1 or 2 people in front of me. They would call you by name in the order in which you arrived. I got to know the ultrasound techs and the phlebotomist and they knew me by name and would always greet me with a friendly hello and cheer me on each cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
Everything was covered by insurance at the time. I only had a $50 co pay when I would go in for an office visit.
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
It was the doctors recommendation and our decision to transfer one embryo at a time.
Kristen Wright
Lexington
She [Dr. Luzzo] is warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and realistic. She switched up my protocol and my very first cycle with her was successful...She diagnosed me with lean PCOS, something the first doctor missed...listens to her patients. She makes a plan based on your specific needs...After 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages Dr. Luzzo suggested I go on the blood thinner lovenox. Instead of doing estradiol which I did with my first clinic, I took letrezole for 5 days. That was all I needed to do leading up to my FET. I am currently 29 weeks with twin boys after transferring 2 embryos.
It [IVF New England] is a small clinic and not open on Sundays. On days that were busy blood work may take a little longer than usual...Everyone on the nursing staff was so nice. My coordinator was Wendy and she was absolutely amazing. I really liked that it was her who called each time with results, it FET more personal...One thing is even though monitoring is and most testing is done in Providence you would have to go to MA for transfers and occasionally even monitoring of it needed to be done on a Sunday.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr Luzzo was the second doctor I saw after 2 failed IUIs and 4 failed FETs. She diagnosed me with lean PCOS, something the first doctor missed. She is warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and realistic. She switched up my protocol and my very first cycle with her was successful.
Ask questions and be open with her.
She is warm and actually listens to her patients. She makes a plan based on your specific needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Shaw)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It is a small clinic and not open on Sundays. On days that were busy blood work may take a little longer than usual. I liked how I only ever had two ultrasound techs, and my coordinator. One thing is even though monitoring is and most testing is done in Providence you would have to go to MA for transfers and occasionally even monitoring of it needed to be done on a Sunday.
Even though I had cycled 4 times in the past, Dr. Luzzo really pushed to do an eSET to start as it would be the first time cycling with her. Although I totally trusted her I opted to go against medical advice and transfer two since this would be my 5th FET.
Lexington
I was really impressed w/ the clinic [Boston IVF] overall. This is all they do and they are clearly expert...Dr Sneeringer was aggressive (which is what I was looking for) and yet remained completely approachable throughout the process. She took time to answer all of my questions and made sure we were comfortable with what we were doing and why...I came to see Dr. Sneeringer after 3 cycles w/ another practice. She diagnosed the issue right away (my eggs weren't maturing) and devised a plan to fix this issue by increasing my medicated cycle. Perhaps it was a fresh pair of eyes, but the results for #4, the cycle w/ Dr. Sneeringer, were by far better than the previous 3. I had 2 embryos implanted and both took and we save a 3rd embryo in cryo. The results were fantastic.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Sneeringer was clearly smart and experienced - she demonstrated that she was keeping up on treatment evolutions and clearly had spent time reviewing my history. She was also highly approachable and warm, which was a great combination for me personally. I was able to get all of my questions answered, which gave me confidence, and still felt like a person, which made it bearable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Set up an appointment. Dr. Sneeringer was great and I wish I had found her when I first started!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
While you pick a practice for your physician, you end up interacting w/ the nurse much more frequently. Meg was patient and on top of it - I'd choose her again
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I was really impressed w/ the clinic overall. This is all they do and they are clearly expert.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Sneeringer explained the risks and potential outcomes and ultimately let me make the choice.
Rita Sneeringer
Waltham
From the get go, Dr. DiGirolamo was very warm, honest and straight forward. She spent a lot of time with my husband and I during our initial appointments, answering all of our questions and talking through our miscarriages and test results...Dr. D was very straight forward with us and told us IVF was pretty much our only option to ensure a successful pregnancy. It took a little while longer than I expected to get everything started but once we did it was very structured and disciplined.
The nurses [at IVF New England] were amazing. They were very nice/warm/kind and thorough. They were available to me 24/7 and were always able to answer my questions...I showed up for one appointment for bloodwork and ultrasound that wasn't in the queue. They called the nurses right away and got me on the schedule.I only had to wait an extra ten minutes. Nothing really went wrong and everyone was apologetic and got me in just fine.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
From the get go, Dr. DiGirolamo was very warm, honest and straight forward. She spent a lot of time with my husband and I during our initial appointments, answering all of our questions and talking through our miscarriages and test results. For one appointment we had to bring our 3 year old son and she was very accommodating. Infertility makes anyone vulnerable and anxious and I felt comfortable with her from day 1. Unfortunately, during my retrieval (performed by another dr) a blood vessel was nicked and I had internal bleeding in my abdomen. I went to the ER and had to be admitted into the hospital. During this time Dr. D was on vacation so another doctor called to check in on me. When Dr. D returned from vacation she called me right away even though we had an appointment scheduled for a few days later. I never felt like a number and always felt like she saw me as a person.
Take advantage of your time with her. Be honest about your anxieties/questions/history etc.
My husband and I have a three year old son who was conceived very effortlessly. Once we started trying again we had two consecutive miscarriages. To me this was very very confusing. Our trouble wasn't in getting pregnant, but staying pregnant. I went into this with an open mind but also didn't think we would need to do IVF. Dr. D was very straight forward with us and told us IVF was pretty much our only option to ensure a successful pregnancy. It took a little while longer than I expected to get everything started but once we did it was very structured and disciplined. I started with birth control to calm my ovaries, prevent clotting and regulate my cycle. From there we moved onto injectible hormones and I was doing three by the end of it. I know menopur was one but I forget the other two. The shots weren't as bad as I thought and I ended up doing them on my own in my abdomen. After the retrieval I went back on birth control after I got my period and then I started with the estradiol and baby aspirin (adult low dose aspirin) until day 15 when I started the progesterone cream.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were amazing. They were very nice/warm/kind and thorough. They were available to me 24/7 and were always able to answer my questions. As I mentioned I had a complication after my retrieval and a nurse called me pretty much daily to check in afterwards. I have only good things to say about her nursing team.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Everyone was wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
We are very fortunate and only had to pay for the PGS testing and medication co-payment + dr. visit co pays.
Westborough
Dr. DiGirolamo wanted to put me on birth control to regulate my cycles. I was against that, since I had been on for 18 years. Instead, she put me on an estradiol and prometrium protocol. After 5 months of that, we started IUI cycles...The dosage of Menopur started at a lower dosage to see how I responded to it, and increased as each cycle progressed. After the first two IUIs, she increased my medication dosage for the third and fourth cycles. The fourth cycle finally worked, and we are expecting a little girl later this year.
Whenever I called [IVF New England], I got the answers I needed. The billing took a while at times (more than a month), but not a deal breaker. The only challenge was during my last cycle, they were in the process of moving facilities and my doctor was moving to another location...Many of Dr. DiGirolamo's staff was great. From the nursing team, to ultrasound techs, to her administrative assistant - everyone was great.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo was straight-forward and honest about our situation and options. She was not overly "warm and fuzzy" - but that was fine with me. She was willing to try a course of treatment with us that the first doctor we saw did not offer. She gave us hope.
She is very patient! She answered all of our questions with patience and kindness. She was honest with us, and I appreciated this so much.
She was straight-forward with our situation and treatment options. She said that while many doctors would not try IUI with us, she wanted to make sure we tried all options before having to make a more significant decision (like using donor eggs). I appreciated her candid nature and honesty.
At first, my FSH was very high, and my cycles were irregular. Dr. DiGirolamo wanted to put me on birth control to regulate my cycles. I was against that, since I had been on for 18 years. Instead, she put me on an estradiol and prometrium protocol. After 5 months of that, we started IUI cycles. We used injectible meds (Menopur), Ovidrel trigger shot, and Crinone gel and estrogen patches post-IUI. The dosage of Menopur started at a lower dosage to see how I responded to it, and increased as each cycle progressed. After the first two IUIs, she increased my medication dosage for the third and fourth cycles. The fourth cycle finally worked, and we are expecting a little girl later this year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Bryna and Roisin)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic overall was good. Whenever I called, I got the answers I needed. The billing took a while at times (more than a month), but not a deal breaker. The only challenge was during my last cycle, they were in the process of moving facilities and my doctor was moving to another location. When my husband went to drop off his sample, he ended up having to wait quite a long time just to drop it off (30+ min). I had to go to Waltham instead of Lexington for my last appointment.
I was very fortunate to have my procedures covered by my employer offered insurance policy. I only had to pay a co-pay to meet with the doctor, and for each IUI procedure. I also had prescription med coverage, so I paid the top tier co-pay for specialty meds.
n/a - we did IUI, not IVF.
Lexington
Brian Berger is an exceptional physician and an even better person. During our visits, Dr. Berger always presented with confidence in his ability to give us our baby. He explained complicated medical terminology in a way my husband and I never felt overwhelmed by. Although he can run late for his appointments, know that he is giving the same care to all his patients...Dr. Berger always made my husband and I feel like his only patients. He would answer questions I didn't know I had by explaining every aspect of our fertility journey in detail.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians...The nursing staff was great and always professional. I always felt they were prompt in returning phone calls, and thorough in their explainations (medication dosage, etc)...With Massachusetts being a state that mandates fertility coverage, we were only responsible for copayment...If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is the best in his field. He will think outside the box and do everything he can to get you your baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was 32 during my fresh cycle. I stimmed for 12 nights. I took Gonal-F and low dose HcG. Midway through, my dosage of Gonal decreased. The last four nights of stims I was on ganirelex to prevent ovulation. I triggered with Ovidrel. They were able to retrieve 16 eggs, 12 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians. If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Berger was willing to listen to us in regards to transferring two embryos each time.
2015 - 2017, Successful
After an attempted IUI that was cancelled day of (husband’s sample had no sperm after multiple positive semenalysis) he [Dr. Penzias] looked at us and said “this is what we do. We will be successful and you will have a baby. You deserve a baby.” It just helped let go of so much anxiety and give us the strength to move forward...He was kind and warm and so knowledgeable. We felt comfortable every step of the way. Dr. Penzias really knew what to do each step and with each misstep, knew how to change and divert and redirect our focus to keep us positive. He was truly wonderful and is a clearly intelligent and talented physician.
The retrieval [at Boston IVF] went smoothly and we still have samples left from that. Because we were male based infertility, my body responded to the hormones quickly and well. The egg retrieval process was a little scary for me as I’ve never had surgery previously but the staff was great and comforting. The day or our embryo transfer was smooth as well and we were lucky to have a positive result on our first cycle!
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
I can’t imagine having a better doctor and guide through this process. He was kind and warm and so knowledgeable. We felt comfortable every step of the way. Dr. Penzias really knew what to do each step and with each misstep, knew how to change and divert and redirect our focus to keep us positive. He was truly wonderful and is a clearly intelligent and talented physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Trust in him. Trust that he has your goals in mind and is working for them as hard as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
After an attempted IUI that was cancelled day of (husband’s sample had no sperm after multiple positive semenalysis) he looked at us and said “this is what we do. We will be successful and you will have a baby. You deserve a baby.” It just helped let go of so much anxiety and give us the strength to move forward
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We needed full IVF treatment with semen retrieval. The retrieval went smoothly and we still have samples left from that. Because we were male based infertility, my body responded to the hormones quickly and well. The egg retrieval process was a little scary for me as I’ve never had surgery previously but the staff was great and comforting. The day or our embryo transfer was smooth as well and we were lucky to have a positive result on our first cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was super responsive. We never waited long for answers if we called- even with little things. She was so kind and helpful and we were both glad she was a part of our team!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The only weakness we found was a sometimes lack of communication from some of the billing staff. But for the most part, all team members from the greeter to the office staff, nurses, OR care teams, and most of even the billing staff were kind and understanding and lovely to deal with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
Our insurance covered a good portion but we still had to cover a lot on our own.
Describe Alan S. Penzias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Our dr suggested only using one embryo on the first cycle. Our health led him to believe it would be successful and we trusted him. Very glad we did!
2015 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Julia Johnson] knew us by name, knew our story and history and knew more about than just our struggle history... is knowledgeable and compassionate. She worked hard to put my partner at ease and she understood my need to know every single detail. She would check in and she made sure we left feeling prepared for what was next...has a comfortable attitude and she is confident in her ability to care for her patients.
Laura Jean [nurse at Boston IVF] will forever be our miracle worker! She got to know me, responded to me based on what she learned about me and was 100% compassionate...They were very clear about doing just one, especially given the quality of the embryos. They were more concerned with the outcome and the resulting pregnancy. They were not about putting in as many as possible just to reach a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Johnson is knowledgeable and compassionate. She worked hard to put my partner at ease and she understood my need to know every single detail. She would check in and she made sure we left feeling prepared for what was next.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Johnson has a comfortable attitude and she is confident in her ability to care for her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
She knew us by name, knew our story and history and knew more about than just our struggle history.
Describe the protocols Julia Johnson used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We began with testing. We had reoccurring pregnancy loss and we discovered that we also had male factor issues due to low motility and count. We began with IUI because of insurance and we did 3 unsuccessful cycles. Dr. Johnson was honest with one cycle as we had very few quality sperm to use. She then researched our insurance and suggested that we move to the ICSI IVF cycle. The first cycle I began to show signs of OHSS and the meds prescribed to slow it down ended up killing the eggs. The next cycle my meds were adjusted and we went all the way. We had 3 embryos, did a 5 day transfer and froze 2. Two years later we did a frozen transfer with our second son. We are still paying for the one embryo we have frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Laura Jean )
Laura Jean will forever be our miracle worker! She got to know me, responded to me based on what she learned about me and was 100% compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s clean, well run, organized and comfortable. The staff is caring and you know you can count on them. It’s a comfortable place. My partner said he felt happy about the way they ran it, especially with what was required of him while there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Johnson at Boston IVF.
Co payments for visits
Describe Julia Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
They were very clear about doing just one, especially given the quality of the embryos. They were more concerned with the outcome and the resulting pregnancy. They were not about putting in as many as possible just to reach a pregnancy. I felt this was the right approach because it showed they were confident in their care and knowing what a risk multiple pregnancies are.
Julia Johnson
Worcester
2014 - 2017, Successful
We interviewed 2 doctors prior to Dr. Ryley and both tried to send us to the local LGBT clinic, which had an “education” program that was over a year long. Dr. Ryley took time to listen to us, to affirm our family, and to understand who we were not only as patients but as people...During our time with him he was 100% focus on us, our wellbeing, and our goal...There was only one thing we initially did not like about Dr. Ryley; if you don’t have the first appointment of the day, he is running late.
The parking was terrible [at Boston IVF], and the office was difficult to get to. We did have to travel to another office for our IUIs. The communication between the offices was excellent. Everyone was very respectful of our privacy and did everything possible to put us at ease and make us comfortable...Everyone was very professional but also friendly. We really felt like they were a valuable and caring part of our team.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
There was only one thing we initially did not like about Dr. Ryley; if you don’t have the first appointment of the day, he is running late. As we worked with him we understood that this is because of the time and care he takes with each person. We were never rushed through an appointment, he gave us all the information we needed in a clear and jargon-free manner. Dr. Ryley answered all of our questions completely and was always available if we had more. During our time with him he was 100% focus on us, our wellbeing, and our goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He’s worth the wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We initially used Clomid to bring on ovulation, but when that did not have the expected results we switched to Letrozole. My wife was still not ovulating normally so we used birth control pills to help “reset” her cycles. It took roughly 8 months to achieve ovulation, and the second cycle we got our first positive. We used the same protocol when we decided to have more children.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The parking was terrible, and the office was difficult to get to. We did have to travel to another office for our IUIs. The communication between the offices was excellent. Everyone was very respectful of our privacy and did everything possible to put us at ease and make us comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
With our first our out of pocket expenses were about $14,000. Insurance covered everything with our second.
Boston
Dr. Luzzo was professional and informative...made it a priority to understand our priorities in terms of how we wanted to approach treatment and meet us where we where we were...did not display too much emotion or caring...I had a high AMH so used relatively lower dose gonadotropin in antagonist protocol. Ultimately was a worse responder than would have been predicted based on AMH, 10 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. Had one fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton live birth. Subsequent frozen embryo transfer failed.
almost always available to talk when I called the clinic [Boston IVF], so was easy to coordinate care with the team despite a busy schedule...IVF and ET are done in Waltham by on-call doctors, but your communication is primarily through with the Providence office which gives the practice a smaller feel while having the benefit of accessing a larger embryology lab...
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo was professional and informative. She made it a priority to understand our priorities in terms of how we wanted to approach treatment and meet us where we where we were. She did not display too much emotion or caring.
I think she practices evidence based fertility care and works to meet the needs of her patients. She does not seem particularly warm, so may not be the best fit for someone looking for that kind of rapport.
Dr. Luzzo and her nurse were professional and direct. The office the staff in the Providence clinic front desk staff, phlebotomist, ultrasonographer were very warm. They were appropriately familiar when you called and kind during their interactions. As I imagine is common you interact with the office staff much more than the MD and RN so the rapport you establish with them helps you feel like a human. IVF and ET are done in Waltham by on-call doctors, but your communication is primarily through with the Providence office which gives the practice a smaller feel while having the benefit of accessing a larger embryology lab.
Did 3 cycles of ovulation induction with Clomid and 3 IUIs. I think she was appropriate based on my age and history in recommending moving on to IVF without pushing IVF. I had a high AMH so used relatively lower dose gonadotropin in antagonist protocol. Ultimately was a worse responder than would have been predicted based on AMH, 10 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. Had one fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton live birth. Subsequent frozen embryo transfer failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Nursing staff was very responsive and communicative. They were almost always available to talk when I called the clinic, so was easy to coordinate care with the team despite a busy schedule (for me and them) during the day.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic has a smaller, familiar feel in Providence and a larger, busy practice feel in Waltham where IVF related procedures and weekend procedures are performed. I think this dichotomy is a strength because you have a balance between the strengths or a higher volume embryology lab while having a more personal feel at the clinic where you most of your visits take place. The clinic in Providence was also very accommodating to work schedule and ran smoothly and on time. The clinic in Waltham also has an alternative medicine center on site where you can easily coordinate acupuncture around your treatment, which I think is a strength. There were not issues with communication between the clinic in Waltham and Providence during our care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Convenient scheduling. Clinic ran on time. I also made sure I was there first everyday I had monitoring, so that might have helped.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Insurance coverage for fertility related procedures in Massachusetts ! Costs in total less than $300 during treatment. Paid ~ $150 / month in storage fees starting a year after retrieval.
We did not discuss in detail transferring multiple embryos. It was assumed that we would proceed with SET which was appropriate in our case.
Providence

If you decide to go through treatment with her [Dr Kerri Luzzo], you are making a great decision!...She is very intelligent and kind. She took time to evaluate our situation at our consultation, ordered the appropriate tests, and then spent time going over our results with us. She took into account our concerns and preferences and planned our protocols accordingly. I was able to schedule appointments with her that were not too far in the future. She is always pleasant and I truly look forward to all of our appointments with her!
The clinic [IVF New England in Lexington] overall is very organized and efficient. This allows them to see the number of patients they need to see each day. They do bloodwork and ultrasounds in the mornings, and call with results and instructions in the afternoon. The ultrasound/sonographer is the best of the best....On several occasions, she [Dr Kerri Luzzo] called us herself to deliver news. Each time I called the office, I was able to speak to my nurse or leave a message and receive a call back in a short time.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
If you decide to go through treatment with her, you are making a great decision!
On several occasions, she called us herself to deliver news. Each time I called the office, I was able to speak to my nurse or leave a message and receive a call back in a short time.
Our original diagnosis was unexplained infertility, with a suspicion of ovulation dysfunction, and no male factor issues. So we tried two IUI cycles with Clomid, the first with 50mg and the second with 100mg. Both times, I produced a good sized follicle and my husbands number were excellent. But neither led to a pregnancy. We completed an IVF cycle using an antagonist protocol. After approximately 3 weeks of birth control, we began injections with 100 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur to help me produce many follicles. Over time, the Follistim dosage was reduced as I was responding well, and Cetrotide (the antagonist) was added to prevent premature ovulation, prior to the scheduled retrieval. I used a Lupron trigger, because based on the number of follicles I had developed, I was at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome which can cause issues if an HCG trigger is used. The doctor retrieved 21 eggs, 17 fertilized, and we ended up with 15 embryos to freeze. We had to freeze them all due to the OHSS risk.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
She is very knowledgable and has been working in this field for a long time. She was always able to answer my questions herself, or she checked with the doctor and provided a response in a timely fashion. Each day when I was monitored, she thoroughly explained my results and provided clear instructions for nexts steps. I felt as though I could all with questions anytime.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic overall is very organized and efficient. This allows them to see the number of patients they need to see each day. They do bloodwork and ultrasounds in the mornings, and call with results and instructions in the afternoon. The ultrasound/sonographer is the best of the best. And the phlebotomists are skilled and friendly. All of the clerical staff is very friendly and helpful on the phone as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
There were often many women in the waiting room at the same time because the monitoring window was relatively short. However, the staff members were always very courteous and took the necessary time with each patient. I never felt rushed or like my tme was being wasted.
Lexington

We have met with Dr Thornton 3x over 7 months...She had the uncomfortable job of delivering life changing, devastating news - that couldn't have been easy. I was 28 and my blood work showed Premature Ovarian "Insufficiency" (Failure). She was clear that the odds of us conceiving naturally were about 5% if I was ovulating, which I was not. She's a straight shooter and I respect that about her. She didn't sugarcoat anything just to make us feel better and didn't create any sense of false hope. She was direct. There was no hand-holding. I felt that she had put the best plan together for my specific situation, and trusted her medical expertise.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
We have met with Dr Thornton 3x over 7 months. The initial consult was Dec 23, 2 days before Christmas, in the Worcester office. She had the uncomfortable job of delivering life changing, devastating news - that couldn't have been easy. I was 28 and my blood work showed Premature Ovarian "Insufficiency" (Failure). She was clear that the odds of us conceiving naturally were about 5% if I was ovulating, which I was not. She's a straight shooter and I respect that about her. She didn't sugarcoat anything just to make us feel better and didn't create any sense of false hope. She was direct. There was no hand-holding. I felt that she had put the best plan together for my specific situation, and trusted her medical expertise. Dr. Thornton felt that we needed to be aggressive and move straight to IVF. Anything less than that would be a waste of time. I appreciated that she felt the same urgency. We started the full panel of diagnostic testing 5 days later to rule out genetic disorder and prep for IVF. The 2nd time we met was in February at the Worcester office after all the diagnostic testing. The plan was to proceed with IVF knowing that we won’t get many eggs, but hoping that they will be excellent quality due to my age. The 3rd time we met was in April at the Waltham office after IVF Cycle 1 was cancelled during day 7 of stimulations, over a holiday long-weekend. My body sort-of responded, but nowhere near the anticipated response given near-normal AMH and Follicle count of 8 in January. The blood work/AFC counts didn’t line up with the results. She was clear that IVF only works when you have follicles that respond to stimulation. If you don’t have follicles to stimulate, IVF can’t help make eggs that aren’t there. We decided to do an estrogen-priming cycle, change the ratio of meds, and push the dosage to 600iu. We also decided to do a mock cycle to prep the paperwork for Donor Eggs and attend the Donor Egg seminar at BIVF in case IVF Cycle 2 didn't work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Make the commitment and go to the Waltham office for the best care. All of the ultrasounds are recorded on video and it allows the doctors to see what the ultrasound tech sees in real time, significantly better than printed out screen-grabs, or handwritten data. Also be aware that if the odds of IVF working is 25%, that means that 75% of the IVF cycles are failing. Yes, IVF gives you a chance that you may not have otherwise had, but it's not a magic bullet and it doesn't fix everything. Keep your own log of everything - it will help you advocate for yourself. Write down notes, dates and times of appointments, names of the nurses, what the results were for all of the tests. Keep track of invoices and health insurance coverage - otherwise you may get stuck with the bill.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Cycle 1 at BIVF Worcester was a mess. The short version is that cycle 1 was cancelled due to poor response on stimulation day 7 on a Saturday, over a long holiday weekend, by nurse Tanya who seemed to have no idea what was going on. When we finally had the post-cycle consult, found out that Dr. Thornton did NOT cancel my cycle; she was on vacation. The on-call Dr. cancelled it. She said she would have made the same decision. As a patient under her care during the most critical time in an IVF cycle, we should have been alerted that she was going on vacation and been given the contact info of the on-call Doctor, all of which we told her. For Cycle 2 we made the decision to move all appointments to BIVF Waltham, and it was a completely different experience. It was well run, the nurses, ultrasound and blood techs were all great. We worked mainly with Kathy, Dr. Thornton's nurse in Waltham, and she was fantastic! Kathy was responsive, personable, and cared about us. She was also able to get in touch with Dr. Thornton when we needed her to, which was huge.
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Birth Control Pill for 2 months while waiting for insurance approval. CoQ10 to help improve egg quality. Levothyroxine for thyroid (within normal range but higher than ideal for pregnancy). Continued prenatal vitamins. IVF Cycle 1: 450iu total does of stimulations. 300iu Gonal F Redijet Pen, 150 Menopur daily injections. Stimulation day 5, blood and ultrasound. AFC: 2 - 4 in left and right ovary. Estrogen 33. Nurse warned that cycle may be cancelled if estrogen didn't increase, but that it we had a chance. Stimulation day 7, blood and ultrasound. AFC: 2 - 4 in left and right ovary, 1 10mm follicle in left. Estrogen 80. Tanya (nurse) called - cycle cancelled. Mock Cycle to prep for Donor Egg in case IVF Cycle 2 doesn't work. Estrogen Patch, 2mg Estrace pill 2x daily for 3 weeks, then ultrasound/blood work to check AFC, uterus lining (8mm needed for Donor Egg cycle). Then Prometrium 200mg for 7 days to induce period. IVF Cycle 2: 600iu total dose of stimulations. Menopur 450 iu, Gonal F 150iu daily injections for 14 days Stimulation day 6, blood and ultrasound: AFC: 2 to 4 in left and right ovary. Estrogen 17.95. Instructed to continue injections, next appointment in 3 days. Stimulation day 9, blood and ultrasound: Left AFC: 2 to 4, Left Follicle: 11.7mm, Right AFC: One, Right Follicle: 10.14mm. Estrogen 183. Instructed to continue injections, next appointment in 2 days. Stimulation day 11, blood and ultrasound, Left AFC: 2 to 4, Left Follicle: 10.5mm Right AFC: One, Right Follicles: 15.47mm,14.24mm. Estrogen 370. Instructed to keep taking 450 menopur, 150 gonal F, add cetrotide 25mg to suppress ovulation. Next appointment in 2 days. Stimulation day 13, blood and ultrasound, Left AFC: 2 to 4, Left Follicle: 11.35mm Right AFC: 2 to 4, Right Follicles: 18.55mm,17.48mm. Estrogen 610. Instructed 450 Menopur, 150 Gonal F, and 25 of Cetrotide tonight. OR Nurse will call on Friday with instructions on when to inject Ovidrel (trigger) and schedule retrieval on Sunday! Stimulation day 14, Ovidrel 250mcg at 9:30pm Egg retrieval @ BIVF Waltham 36 hours later. Retrieved 2 eggs, 1 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of "textbook perfect, High Implantation Potential, 7-cell embryo". Begin crinone 8% daily until beta test. Period starts 1 day before beta test, instructed to continue crinone and come in for blood pregnancy test anyways. HCG 0.343 mIU/ml, negative. Follow up appointment scheduled in 12 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
Kathy was amazing. She was kind and on-top of all the details. During my mock cycle I had a very bad reaction to the estrogen (severe hot flash, extreme dizziness, nauseous) while I was traveling for work, and I was able to reach her via email through out the entire weekend. For the first time, somebody actually checked in on me to see how I was feeling or what the side effects were, and if I was OK to continue. It went a long way with me because she treated me like a person. And on top of that, she was able to coordinate a call with Dr. Thornton when I got home so that I could speak to her directly, which was very reassuring.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston IVF Waltham is the best of the best. They have the best medical team, the best surgeons, the best nurses, embryologists, anesthesiologists, and the most experience. My best experience was with the egg retrieval and the embryo transfer. Dr. Riley did both the retrieval and the transfer, and he was amazing. His staff was also amazing - so kind and gentle, very reassuring that they would do everything in their power to help us make a baby, and I trust that they did. We were in very good hands. Boston IVF literally has video cameras in the embryology lab to watch each embryo so they don't have to disrupt them by handling the petri-dishes - that's amazing. They also gave us a photo of our 7-cell embryo, and did a mock transfer before the real transfer. We were able to watch the transfer on the ultrasound - the entire experience was incredible. They can't guarantee you that it will work, and in our case it didn't work, but know that it's the best team, with the best technology, and the most experience, and they are doing everything in their power to help you have a baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF.
over $50,000 for all diagnostic testing, cycle monitoring, medicine.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The errors happened at Boston IVF Worcester. Tanya was the nurse, and to be frank, she was terrible. I should mention that this was our 1st cycle, and we had no idea about anything IVF. We signed the contracts with Tanya on 4/1 and she confirmed that our prescriptions were "ordered and ready to go" and were instructed to call when I got my period. We assumed that the prescriptions were available and that we would pick them up as soon as my period started for CD 1, and stimulation would start CD3. When we called on CD 1 six days later, she asked if we had our prescriptions yet, which should have been a red flag, because she was the one that told us to wait and call her, which we did. Turns out that she sent our fertility prescription to a specialty clinic that wasn't covered by my insurance, and when I called her to tell her that they were denying me, she kept re-sending it to the same clinic, and telling me that it should be all set for the next day. On CD 2, I called the fertility clinic first thing (because the clock is ticking here! Supposed to start injections in 1 day!!! Talk about stressed) and they tell me that its never going to go through, and to call my health insurance. Call the health insurance and they also say that it's not covered at that pharmacy, and to have BIVF submit it to a different pharmacy that is covered. Call back Tanya and explain the whole thing and then it FINALLY goes through and we have to rush-ship it. The prescription finally arrives mid-morning cycle day 3. It was a terrible experience. It's the primary reason that we switched to the Waltham clinic. The receptionist in Worcester had no idea what was going on. The bloodwork in Worcester was a nightmare. They didn't open till 7am and by then there was a line of 8 - 10 women that were also cycling. Once I had to wait 1 hour to get my blood drawn. There was a different person working there every single time which made me think they had trouble staffing it.
Kim L. Thornton
Boston

Dr Pauli was incredibly sweet and helpful. He always broke down our plans in the most simple way possible to avoid unnecessary stress for us. He answered all questions to the best of his ability and would often give us a few different options to make sure we were making the right choices for us. He was in touch regarding each procedure and what to expect next.
The front desk [at IVF New England] needs some work! They are often dismissive. The ladies who take blood are great! You see them more than anyone else. It's rare to have to wait. The women who prefer the internal ultrasounds are great too and give as much information as they are able to. [The nurses] were patient, excellent about calling back and extremely helpful with getting us sample meds when they realized we were paying out of pocket.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He's amazing. He is working for YOU and honestly wants to help you achieve what you want. He's patient, easy to talk to and genuinely interested in your personal story.
He's so sensitive and happy to answer all questions. He also made personal phone calls to us when we had a miscarriage and other difficulties
We tried very painful (for me) iui's and when we started to run out of donor sperm doctor Pauli suggested IVF. My wife carried our first child using the donor and we really wanted them to be biological siblings. I started ivf - birth control for a couple weeks, then injections (up to three a day) and then egg retrieval. He retrieved 12 eggs, 9 were excellent and we used 4 total trying. Our first ivf ended in a negative test, the next we used two eggs and got a positive, but had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks and now I am 8 months pregnant with the fourth egg -- our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Loreen )
They were patient, excellent about calling back and extremely helpful with getting us sample meds when they realized we were paying out of pocket.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The front desk needs some work! They are often dismissive. The ladies who take blood are great! You see them more than anyone else. It's rare to have to wait. The women who prefer the internal ultrasounds are great too and give as much information as they are able to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
I can't even talk about it. We paid so much because we are military and they don't cover fertility treatments. It's still a sore subject
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just some lost paperwork and some confusion between my wife and I (often they had her paperwork from precious pregnant and not mine or vice versa).

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
After miscarriage w/ frozen embryos Dr. Pang highly recommended using PGS for all subsequent fresh autologous IVF cycles to prevent another miscarriage resulting from abnormal karyotype which was not something that we had considered. He altered treatment plans for IVF stimulation to maximize # of eggs retrieved rather than just trying the same thing over & over. He also recommended supplements to help improve my response to stimulation & maximize what ovarian reserve I had.
[IVF New England staff were] careful to ensure no mistakes w/ lab samples or signed paperwork (need to show photo id for all blood draws, ERs, ETs, sperm collection & details of photo id are recorded on all consents (license #, expiration date, state of license for both partners). Friendly & knowledgeable staff especially all clinical people. Greeted with a smile by almost everyone for almost every encounter. Have counseling free of charge & mandate counseling for donor egg cycles which really helped my husband & I to have the conversations to decide on proceeding with donor egg. The PACU staff sincerely offered sympathies before & after my D&C. They took the time to acknowledge my loss rather than just treat it as any other procedure.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang was thorough w/ explanations especially of risks of treatment & success rates of treatment/chance of multiple pregnancy w/ DE transfer of more than one embryo. He was sincere when calling to report PGS results (all embryos for all cycles were abnormal) & called as soon as he had the report (by 7 am). He made the schedule for ERs & ETs so that he could do most of the procedures himself (did all ETs & 1/4 of ERs)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He is not an overly warm/fuzzy type however still sincere & offered genuine sympathy w/ miscarriage & abnormal PGS results. He is extremely knowledgeable of statistics, lab tests, PGS & donor egg.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang called me with PGS results every cycle. Also called me w/ karyotype results from miscarriage D&C. Also called to offer congratulations after successful DE cycle ultrasound
Describe the protocols Samuel Pang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Paula Dwan, NP)
Extremely detail oriented, organized, knowledgeable, & compassionate. Provided easy to read written treatment plans & stimulation with dates for every cycle. Spoke slowly & clearly when leaving msgs w/ results & instructions including all results (lab levels, etc) & repeated the msg twice & even added humor on most interactions. Personally scheduled herself to review all OB ultrasound results & even was present during the ultrasound scans
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clean facility with updated furniture, good lighting & recently renovated. State of the art embryology lab. Careful to ensure no mistakes w/ lab samples or signed paperwork (need to show photo id for all blood draws, ERs, ETs, sperm collection & details of photo id are recorded on all consents (license #, expiration date, state of license for both partners). Friendly & knowledgeable staff especially all clinical people. Greeted with a smile by almost everyone for almost every encounter. Have counseling free of charge & mandate counseling for donor egg cycles which really helped my husband & I to have the conversations to decide on proceeding with donor egg. The PACU staff sincerely offered sympathies before & after my D&C. They took the time to acknowledge my loss rather than just treat it as any other procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
$2,200 per PGS cycle x 4 cycles $18,500 for donor egg cycle Aprox $100 per cycle total co pays for rx - had excellent rx insurance coverage (per the pharmacy receipts my meds cost the insurance co aprox $15k per cycle for autologous cycles) Very fortunate to have harvard pilgrim insurance that covered IVF cycles w/ $5 co pay per cycle $85 per month storage fee for frozen embryos
Samuel Pang

2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Samuel Pauli] was willing to entertain my out of the box suggestions but I found his own approach very cut and dry. Admittedly I was not always right and when we did finally successfully conceive it was on a cycle that was very close to his original treatment plan. I liked that he was open to new research and always explained risks and benefits of what to try and if statistically it could make a difference. Personality wise he's very serious and my husband always joked that my humor was lost on him. He did always listen and considered our best interest and was encouraging that even with l we had been through that he was confident we would figure out something that would work and he was right.
Their practice [at IVF new England] is more patient focused but at times I felt like they wanted to use a cookie cutter approach instead of customizing a cycle for my needs. A lot of the 'out of the box' treatment we pursued was at my research and suggestion. However, Dr Pauli was always open to listening without judgment and while some things worked and some did not he was willing to try new things.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Much of what I wrote previously, he was willing to entertain my out of the box suggestions but I found his own approach very cut and dry. Admittedly I was not always right and when we did finally successfully conceive it was on a cycle that was very close to his original treatment plan. I liked that he was open to new research and always explained risks and benefits of what to try and if statistically it could make a difference. Personality wise he's very serious and my husband always joked that my humor was lost on him. He did always listen and considered our best interest and was encouraging that even with l we had been through that he was confident we would figure out something that would work and he was right.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make suggestions if there's something you've read or something a friend has used that he hasn't recommended. He's very patient and informed and willing to work with his patients.
Their practice is more patient focused but at times I felt like they wanted to use a cookie cutter approach instead of customizing a cycle for my needs. A lot of the 'out of the box' treatment we pursued was at my research and suggestion. However, Dr Pauli was always open to listening without judgment and while some things worked and some did not he was willing to try new things.
I can't remember specific names but my first cycle was just gonal f with trigger and fresh transfer. 12 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 1SET, 2 frozen. Miscarried at 10 weeks. My second was a natural cycle frozen transfer of 2 embryos. Miscarried a singleton pregnancy at 7 weeks. My second retrieval we extended retrieval after trigger from 36 hours to 40 hours as my first cycle only half of the eggs were mature. We also added menopur & dexamethasone. 16 eggs retrieved , 13 mature, 12 fertilized. Fresh day 5 SET followed by chemical pregnancy. Next natural cycle FET of 2 embryos, negative result. Next natural cycle FET of 1 embryo, chemical pregnancy. Third retrieval we used a cycle I found from some doctor in NYC and although Dr Pauli didn't agree he let me try it and it was disastrous. It was heavy on menopur but I can't remember the other details. It took a long time to mature any eggs and at by retrieval i had 6 follicles but only 3 eggs and 2 was mature. Both fertilized and we did a day 2 transfer, negative result. After that we took a few months off. Our last retrieval we decided to do Human growth hormone injections and PGD testing. The cycle otherwise was similar to my second with gonal f (200) menopur (75), dexamethasone and HGH. He did an extended time between trigger and retrieval again. We ended up freezing all due to progesterone rise before retrieval and subsequent OHSS. Although i had only 13 follicles they were much better quality and 12 were mature eggs and all 12 fertilized. 7 were sent for PGD testing as 5 day embryos. 6 were genetically normal. A month later we did a natural FET of 2 embryos (an elective SET was strongly recommended but we decided to transfer 2 anyway). We had twin girls from that transfer, born healthy at 38w3. 17 months later we did another natural FET of one embryo. We did find out the gender prior to FET and are expecting a boy in 5 months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nicole, Becky)
They answered calls or responded to messages promptly and were considerate to my work schedule at the time. They were willing to answer questions and always caring and patient.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Flexible and considerate with scheduling, prompt in answering messages, interested in your own outcome and not just statistics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
My insurance fortunately covered almost everything but copays.
Lexington

Dr Penzias really spent time talking about my unique situation (unicornuate uterus) and reassured me that pregnancy was achievable with my own eggs. He appreciated my need to have as much information as possible and never made me feel as if I was being stupid or asking too many questions. In fact he told me to always call if I had any questions. He said that something that could keep me awake for days could be answered in two minutes so to always call. After consults with him I sometimes thought of another question and he would always pick up, tell me it was a good question and answer it thoughtfully. He's a nice man, very factual but with a good bedside manner and a reassuring smile!
I wasn't called back after a follicle monitoring appointment. It was my PGD cycle and I knew that my protocol was unlikely to change and that I was in a bad cell phone signal area. That said nobody left a message and when I finally got hold of the out of hours Doctor they were very apologetic. Turns out my phone wasn't taking messages. They do however have my email address and were never slow to send me billing emails so I was annoyed by this.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr Penzias was a great RE. I feel he had a lot of experience and was still ready to try new approaches. He did an ERA for me when nobody had really heard of it. In fact my sample was sent to Spain for analysis! He did the killer cells test at my request even though at that point I had not had a miscarriage. He asked my opinion on whether I would prefer a controlled or natural cycle transfer and then discussed why he thought my choice was the one he would have recommended. I felt as in control as you can in an out of control process! He didn't do all of my transfers or retrievals but controlled all of my cycles.
Ask questions. He has a factual rapid fire way of giving facts. Don't be scared to ask him to repeat or elaborate. Take notes if you need to!
I did estrogen priming followed by menopur and follistim (aka gonal f) I did Ivf 3 times and each time my doses were increased as my age also increased. My final and successful cycle I was taking 525 follistim which is very high but it did the trick. As follicles reached their size I took cetrotide to stop ovulation followed by Ovidrel. My protocol did not change but my doses always did. I always got more than 8 eggs and many made it to day 5 each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tanner)
I felt Sarah Tanner was a wonderful nurse. She was compassionate when delivering bad news and kind. When she had good news I could hear the excitement in her tone. She was excellent at returning calls promptly. I had a different nurse for my PGD and she was awful. Terrible at returning calls, I had to call Sarah Tanner frequently to get info. Once she failed to call me back to tell me if my protocol had changed. I had to call out of hours to get the information.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston Ivf is a well oiled machine. You may feel like cattle but for me I liked that this is all they do. I love that they have satellite offices so I didn't always have to drive to Waltham. The PGD nurse I had wasn't good at calling back and nor was she compassionate. Find out the name of the nurse who works for your RE and call him/her if you're not getting answers from the PGD Coordinator. I didn't love the financial department either. Check your bills. They seemed to have some glitches there.
Around 10,00 for a round of Ivf plus meds. About $300 for FET
I had to do eSET because I only have half a uterus so multiples can be high risk. When I had multiple negative tests we became more brave and transferred 2, then 3 embryos. When I did PGD testing and had a viable embryo we only transferred one

2013 - 2016, Successful
We love Dr. Ryley and we're completely satisfied with our experience with him. He was always honest with what we should expect and clear with what the course of action would be. We always felt that we were in excellent hands...Dr. Ryley was very supportive and encouraging and very accepting of us being a gay couple. Dr. Ryley's language and approach was always professional and understanding and tailored to our specific situation and needs.
The billing dept [at Boston IVF] was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered...We love Boston IVF- every office (Quincy, Waltham and Brookline) that we used was great. We like that they have a policy of not encouraging children to be in the clinic- it is helpful to not be reminded of what you don't have and desperately want every time you go to the doctor. Also, having the Domar center in Waltham was excellent. I took advantage of the acupuncture for every insemination and transfer.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Trust him and Boston IVF - Stay the course, though it might take a while, and if it is possible for you to get pregnant, Dr. Ryley will do everything he can to make it happen.
I don't remember all the specifics. We had tried ICIs by ourselves and IUIs with a family friend who is an OB/GYN and they didn't produce a live birth. We went to Dr. Ryley after I had a miscarriage. He suggested many tests to make sure everything was working properly, which we appreciated because we wouldn't want to go through more cycles if something was wrong. We then did a few more rounds of IUIs with drugs but they didn't work. Then Dr. RYley suggested IVF- and explained the procedure very clearly. Though it was overwhelming, Dr. Ryley and all of his nurses and staff were very helpful in explaining everything every step of the way. We did the course of drugs for the egg retrieval, got 20 eggs, 4 of which fertilized. One didn't survive, we transferred one and it didn't work, the second one worked, and produced a healthy baby boy. We froze the 4th one for two years and just transferred it 9 months ago and Just gave birth to another baby boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Thy were all very helpful and knowledgeable and available at any hour of the night to take phone calls and answer any questions we had.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
The billing dept was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered.
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't want to produce multiple births so we only transferred one at a time. It was more of our decision and Dr. Ryley supported it.
Brookline

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
We were informed by Dr. Zimon that our chances would not improve if we were to transfer more than one egg. We were better off freezing the left overs to do frozen cycles...She had great ‘bed side manner.’...Dr. Zimon has NEVER mentioned she thought we had an egg issue. We had gone through SIX of our insurance covered IVF rounds at this point without knowing about this supposed egg issue.
The nurses team [at Boston IVF] is their biggest strength in my opinion! Not being able to call the clinic if you are stuck in traffic and going to be late for your 7am transfer because it is only a call service is a downfall...Not being informed I had an egg quality issue was a big issue. However, I feel that is solely on Dr. Zimon...All was covered under our insurance except for acupuncture that was suggested.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
We felt very comfortable with Dr. Zimon. We thought she was the best choice for our fertility needs! Until she quit the practice without notice one day before our sixth round of IVF started. We went with the flow and wished the best for her. Clearly she found greener pastures and we were happy for her. We were disappointed in not being informed by her and given a course of action for our next steps, but again trying to keep positive thoughts... After our sixth round failed, the doctor who we got swapped to told us they understood now why are. Zimon has told us we had an egg issue. However, Dr. Zimon has NEVER mentioned she thought we had an egg issue. We had gone through SIX of our insurance covered IVF rounds at this point without knowing about this supposed egg issue. Unfortunately, we did not walk away with a child and if we had known we had an egg issue, maybe we would have made a few different choices. Was Dr. Zimon great and nice? Absolutely!! But we trusted her to tell us everything to make sure we walked away with a baby. That did not happen and now we question absolutely everything that is said to us and unfortunately have no more covered treatments and are forced to pay completely out of pocket if we wish to go forward with egg donation. Which wells never even a thought since we had no idea it should be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Ask questions and for second opinions!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She had great ‘bed side manner.’ We felt very comfortable with her and the way she spoke with us. We always felt like she was telling us what was in our best interests and what would be the best results for a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
AMAZING!! The nurses at Boston IVF were the reason we continued with the clinic after Dr. Zimon left. There were the reason we drove, sometimes, over two hours for testing. They make Boston IVF!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The nurses team is their biggest strength in my opinion! Not being able to call the clinic if you are stuck in traffic and going to be late for your 7am transfer because it is only a call service is a downfall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
All was covered under our insurance except for acupuncture that was suggested.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Alison Zimon
Waltham

It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he [Dr. Brian Berger] suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work...We only saw him a few times and mostly met with others, but they were all very nice...He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns... We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
doctor [at Boston IVF] informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns. We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
Trust him because they know what they are doing
It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Caring and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I wish we had a better idea of what our first visit would look like and that there was more communication as to why our first meeting was almost two hours after our scheduled appointment time. We saw people going in and out consistently (ultrasounds and blood test patients) not understanding why we weren’t going in and they were. When finally called in we were made aware of a medical emergency requiring his attention which delayed our appointment. I would’ve appreciated more communication from staff making us aware of the functions of the office rather than letting us sit, crying, nervous and unsure of our decision to be there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Living on Cape Cod my option was to have blood draws at one location and ultrasounds at another, between 8-9am, first come first serve. There was often two or fewer ahead of me. This location was a half hour from my house and 45 minutes from my work in Truro. Weekends my only option was a two hour drive to Waltham.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered most expenses
We weren’t given an option; however, we would not have chosen a multiple transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Another doctor informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw. Additionally, we found that our OB did not receive all of our paperwork after some requests.
South Shore
[Dr. David Ryley was] Very accessible and sympathetic, always expressing concern for success and well-being, open to my own thoughts and concerns, always took a lot of time to address and answer all my questions...He is very open and doesn't judge; he always answered all our questions carefully and was sympathetic to difficult / negative feelings and offered a positive outlook; he was available by phone even in the evening; he always tried to explain treatments so we would understand and used visual aids
Strengths [at Boston IVF] : clinic is very integrated and all processes are well established; billing is transparent; patient is educated and informed ahead of procedures; clinic works through several locations 7d/week Weaknesses: communication with staff can be tedious due to practice of having to leave messages and waiting for call back; this was especially difficult for egg donor who was employed and couldn't talk freely at her work place easily
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Don't automatically assume every woman over 40 years is "defective"; check if she could do a natural (unmedicated) transfer before administering typical protocols with hormones
Several strategies with bcp and different dosages of Bravelle plus Menopur, Gonal-F and Lupron as well as Ganirelix. Treatment of thin lining with various estrogen formulations (patches, tablets). Cycle leading to pregnancy was unmedicated with progesterone support after transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Atherton)
Everyone was competent and tried to be supportive and helpful; some have more compassion and a warmer approach to patients than others
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths: clinic is very integrated and all processes are well established; billing is transparent; patient is educated and informed ahead of procedures; clinic works through several locations 7d/week Weaknesses: communication with staff can be tedious due to practice of having to leave messages and waiting for call back; this was especially difficult for egg donor who was employed and couldn't talk freely at her work place easily
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
Drugs were typically filled by specialty pharmacies and I didn't shop around: costs ran from 50-1000$ per cycle. Fees and procedures per OE and DE ran approx. 10-30,000$, but I had insurance coverage.
OE transfer was with multiple embryos; DE transfer with 2 frozen embryos per cycle. Future DE transfers will only be single embryo transfers.

2015, Successful
Dr.Ryley along with the staff there were very informative, answered all my questions, responded back to my numerous phone calls and reassured me with any doubts and worries along the way... Boston IVF in general was such a great experience with great staff overall.
[My Boston IVF nurse] must have been so busy so she never really picked up the phone but always called me back. If she was tied up for the day, she usually had another nurse call me back to answer my questions
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr Ryley is very friendly, informative and mostly, he listened to what my concerns seriously. I ended up putting 2 embryos back and was pregnant with twins at first but miscarried one of them at 9 weeks of pregnancy. When we were putting the embryos back in, he has explained to me that one of the embryos were much stronger than the other so it made sense that the weaker one just didn't make it and it wasn't meant to be. I was recommended to put 2 back in instead of just one for the likelihood of me getting pregnant doubles by doing so. And it was right, I sure am pregnant now with a singleton baby(third trimester now). One negative thing that I have experienced is the fact that I have suffered from Hyperactive Ovary Syndrome in the beginning of my pregnancy. I am a small person and have accumulated water in my lungs as well because of it. I called in to let Dr Ryley know right away and he told me to go to an ER right away. That's how I found out that I am actually pregnant (this was a very early stage)! Dr Ryley and his staff scheduled me an emergency quick surgery to drain the fluid out of my uterus (under the influence of anesthesia of course). The fluid in my lugs ended up draining on its own so I didn't need a surgery. It was a bit of a scare in the beginning but I command Dr. Ryley and his staff for their quick remedy and actions so that my symptoms won't be worse. Hyperactive Ovary syndrome is usually prevented by having the doctor watch your vital stats weekly(which was normal for me weekly) but my symptom actually occurred towards the end with a pregnancy with twins, it may have something to do with it. Either way, I'm happy that I am pregnant in the end with a good doctor who had watched over me with great care. Boston IVF in general was such a great experience with great staff overall. I definitely will recommend this doctor and it's facility.
Ask as many questions as possible, tell him about your concerns(how many embryos to put back in to maximize the chance of pregnancy versus likelihood of having twins, etc).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She must have been so busy so she never really picked up the phone but always called me back. If she was tied up for the day, she usually had another nurse call me back to answer my questions