Merle Berger

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2014, Successful
Though he doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, he did explain everything very thoroughly gave me the opportunity to get all my questions answered...He was the second doctor I went to. I was unsatisfied that my first doctor was recommending the same course of treatment after 3 failed fresh transferred and 2 failed frozen transfers. Dr. Pauli on the other hand recommended genetic testing of the embryos, which I believe was the key to success for us.
My big complaint with the [IVF New England] nurses was that I had a very heavy bleeding event at the beginning of my pregnancy. I assumed I had a miscarriage but didn't know what I should do. I called the nurses line and left a message and they did not call me back until many hours later. When she called she asked me if I had been to the ER and then told me to go. Amazingly, I found out in the ER that the fetus was fine. I think they should do a better job of returning urgent calls right away. I was very unhappy with that experience, since I spent half the day laying on the couch thinking I lost the baby.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
I am very happy with Dr. Pauli and recommended him to a friend who also had success. He was the second doctor I went to. I was unsatisfied that my first doctor was recommending the same course of treatment after 3 failed fresh transfered and 2 failed frozen transfers. Dr. Pauli on the other hand recommended genetic testing of the embryos, which I believe was the key to success for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Samuel Pauli used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifics of the successful cycle, except that PGS was done to genetically screen the embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
My big complaint with the nurses was that I had a very heavy bleeding event at the beginning of my pregnancy. I assumed I had a miscarriage but didn't know what I should do. I called the nurses line and left a message and they did not call me back until many hours later. When she called she asked me if I had been to the ER and then told me to go. Amazingly, I found out in the ER that the fetus was fine. I think they should do a better job of returning urgent calls right away. I was very unhappy with that experience, since I spent half the day laying on the couch thinking I lost the baby.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is fine, it's run well and efficiently. I have no complaints.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
They forgot to call in a prescription to the pharmacy for a clomid challenge test. I had forgotten to take the clomid on time anyway, so it ended up being my fault that I had to delay the test to the next month.
2013 - 2014, Successful
She [Dr. Wright] was amazing. She treated us with our own personal situation and was also very professional. Loved her....Sitting in front of her in her office I felt that she looked at us and wanted to help us. She listened to everything we had to say and treated us with so much respect. She was also very professional and we felt that she wanted nothing more than for us to have a baby...The location I had my blood and ultrasound was in Bedford NH and there were always only a few other women there during the monitoring times. I think it was during a time window and I had a specific time to show up during that window so I wasn’t waiting with a room full of women who signed in to get in line.
I felt at ease at the Bedford location [IVF New England]. The women working there were very personal and helped me feel relaxed while there....As far as I remember I could call with questions anytime and I felt very comfortable and at ease at all my appointments....The location I had my blood and ultrasound was in Bedford NH and there were always only a few other women there during the monitoring times. I think it was during a time window and I had a specific time to show up during that window so I wasn’t waiting with a room full of women who signed in to get in line.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Ask any and all questions you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She was amazing. She treated us with our own personal situation and was also very professional. Loved her.
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don’t remember. It was my third cycle and it’s all a blur.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I felt at ease at the Bedford location. The women working there were very personal and helped me feel relaxed while there. I can’t think of anything I didn’t like, I have only good feelings about them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
As far as I can remember, the cycle cost us 10,000 plus meds. Could be 11,000? It’s a blur. Our insurance doesn’t cover IVF and it was our third out of pocket cycle.
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She told us we had the choice between transferring one or two embryos. She recommended whichever we felt the most comfortable with. She did make sure we knew that if we transferred two, we may have twins, making sure we thought that through before moving forward.

2012 - 2013, Successful
David Ryley was a good balance of kind and matter of fact. We wanted to know a lot of background scientific details for tests and procedures, and he always accommodated us. Really The only small downside is that he was not available for in-between visit telephone calls or emails. That just isn't how Boston IVF works - there are nurses on call for that purpose....Be prepared to only see him before you start the cycle, for consultation and planning. You won't see him for any procedures, and if you get pregnant on the first round you'll never see him again.
Boston IVF overall definitely worked like an assembly line, but just about every interaction I had along the way was positive and caring. We only saw Dr. Ryley for a few office visits leading up to our cycle (he didn't actually do any of the procedures himself). We liked his matter of fact, scientific conversations yet he was also very kind and sensitive. Really the only negative feedback would be for his secretary, who could use a bit fine tuning on the patient/customer service soft skills.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol: Birth control pills, FSH, Ganirelix, HCG, egg retrieval, 5 day transfer of 2 embryos. This was my first and only IVF cycle, which resulted in my identical twin girls (one embryo didn't make it, the other split!).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
At Boston IVF, just about each interaction along the way was with a different provider. This is why I previously likened it to an assembly line. That being said, for the most part everyone was very professional and compassionate. I think I only had 1 or 2 just 'so - so' interactions along the way.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston IVF in Waltham was where I had all of my blood work and procedures. They offered very convenient hours and lots of free parking. The facility was modern and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I was very lucky, living in MA and having a company sponsored health plan (BCBS MA) that fully covered my fertility treatment for the cycle. I paid almost nothing out of pocket.

2011 - 2013, Successful
[Dr. Pauli was] Professional, caring, warm, honest, direct, informative. Broke things down and spoke in a way we could understand. He also made phone calls after every cycle good or bad to touch base. He seemed genuinely happy on the news of my successful pregnancy thanks to his help. Was very invested in my care. We will forever be thankful for his service to our family. Not a days goes by when I don't think about the miracle of my twins and the many ways that they complete our family w 3 kids.
Location [of IVF New England] worked well for me. Was really lucky to have a first rate option in my same town, as I noticed that others traveled good distances to come there. I can only recall strengths and have no weaknesses to report. I will say that with the distance of time, my recollection of the experience has faded....I think her name was Nicole, but I'm not 100% sure I'm remembering that right. She was fantastic, as were all others filling in when she wasn't available. When I was struggling with things she was emotional on the phone with me and it was clear that she was very invested in my care. I am so thankful for the nurses as well as Dr. Pauli.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
I have chosen not to talk about my treatment with others, which makes that unlikely. With that said, I think I would say to any fertility patients to prepare for an emotional journey that may not be successful. I feel very lucky that my treatment worked because the stats/numbers were not on my side.
I was very comfortable with Dr. Pauli. He was honest, caring and direct. I also felt like since I was in his care for a good amount of time we developed a comfort level and relationship that helped the relationship feel very human.
I really don't remember specifics. I will say that I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks with one cycle and had success with the very next cycle. The first 2 cycles resulted in adjustments that led to success with the 3rd and 4th cycles of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Location worked well for me. Was really lucky to have a first rate option in my same town, as I noticed that others traveled good distances to come there. I can only recall strengths and have no weaknesses to report. I will say that with the distance of time, my recollection of the experience has faded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
There were plenty of costs due to some insurance changes, but we changed our insurance so that the more expensive IVF procedures were covered.

2010 - 2013, Unsuccessful
In the one successful round we had, we learned the baby's heart had stopped beating at our last ultrasound before being released to our ob. Dr Pauli [at IVF New England] made sure to schedule my d & c for a day he was performing transfers. À Year after I left his care, I learned I was pregnant spontaneously. I called the clinic to let dr Pauli know, leaving a voicemail not expecting to hear anything. He called me back shortly thereafter and once again was so kind. The fact that we were unable to conceive under his care was not his fault.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr Pauli was great to us. When things didn't work out the way any of expected it to, he was the one to tell us, sometimes going out of his way. One time he even made sure to catch me in the hall before going in for my transfer to give me some not so great news. There were times he called me instead of the nursing staff. I really appreciate that he went out of his way. In the one successful round we had, we learned the baby's heart had stopped beating at our last ultrasound before being released to our ob. Dr Pauli made sure to schedule my d & c for a day he was performing transfers. À Year after I left his care, I learned I was pregnant spontaneously. I called the clinic to let dr Pauli know, leaving a voicemail not expecting to hear anything. He called me back shortly thereafter and once again was so kind. The fact that we were unable to conceive under his care was not his fault.
Take a deep breath and know that it won't be a smooth ride, but Dr P will have your back
Dr Pauli is the kindest, most compassionate doctor. He dealt with us during one of the most difficult times in our lives. He always treated us kindly and gently
We did 6 rounds of Ivf / icsi. I don't remember the details - it was 4 years ago and a lot has happened since
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
She was so sweet. I only met her in person once and she gave me a huge hug
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Everyone that worked there was kind and professional. I particularly liked the woman at the front desk (Kathleen) and one of the ultrasound techs (Deb)
Covered by insurance

2008 - 2012, Successful
I would not have had the results I had and the positive experience I had (despite nearly 4 years of various treatments) without the support and expertise of Dr. David Ryley...At that point, while he told me he would be happy to have me continue to try with my own eggs, he also suggested that I consider egg donation to increase my odds. After some reflection, that's what I did - and he was supportive with information and with just being there all along the nearly 4 years it took for me ultimately to bring my daughter home (had prior complications related to endometriosis and started the process of becoming a single mother by choice later in life).
My nurse coordinator [at Boston IVF] was excellent...I would not have had the results I had and the positive experience I had (despite nearly 4 years of various treatments) without the support and expertise of Dr. David Ryley...Great supports in terms of ancillary services like acupuncture on site before/after retrieval, classes and support groups, massage, yoga, nutritionists etc. at the Domar Center that is attached to the main outpatient clinic in Waltham. They do well in terms of managing children coming along (separate family waiting room) and are good at creating a soothing atmosphere.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
If he says he'd recommend moving to more aggressive treatment options, listen and follow his advice right away.
Dr. Ryley was always able to respond and get me laughing even when I was feeling discouraged. At the same time, he was good at being direct and telling me what he did and did not know. He also told me when he thought my chances of pregnancy were low. At that point, while he told me he would be happy to have me continue to try with my own eggs, he also suggested that I consider egg donation to increase my odds. After some reflection, that's what I did - and he was supportive with information and with just being there all along the nearly 4 years it took for me ultimately to bring my daughter home (had prior complications related to endometriosis and started the process of becoming a single mother by choice later in life).
I started with a long succession of medicated (injectables) IUIs and then moved to a series of IVFs with ICSI. I got pregnant several times but some were clinical pregnancies and one was a miscarriage at 12 weeks. As I turned 43, Dr. Ryley recommended I consider egg donation. I did and decided to proceed. The first donor I chose had not previously donated and despite medical tests indicating everything was fine and a total of 27 eggs retrieved, only 6 fertilized and they were all low quality. I had a strong preference for a single transfer but took his advice and transferred 2 fresh, then 2 frozen and got pregnant with one of the last 2. Unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. I almost gave up, but did decide to try one more time with another donor who had successfully donated previously. Got more than 30 eggs, 27 fertilized and 2 of these were discarded due to poor quality. I had one transferred fresh and got pregnant and gave birth to my daughter in 2012 nearly 4 years after I had my first fertility appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
My nurse coordinator was excellent. Once I shifted to egg donation, I got a different nurse coordinator who was just as good. I really relied on them for support and answers to questions. They knew I was doing this on my own and really became my support team. There was only one negative encounter on the nursing staff in my nearly 4 years - and that was a different nurse who was working with me in the context of my first miscarriage who was not particularly sensitive to my direct questions relative to a slowing heartbeat and whether that meant some hope still or no hope. She just was not direct enough for my liking and seemed to not get that I'd rather know.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I think that all told, after insurance, and counting 2 separate egg donors, my cost was a bit below $100K (insurance covered a bunch upfront, but I paid for several IVFs myself and 2 donor egg retrievals, incl. donor and personal medications and 4 transfers)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
This was simply a nurse who helped document the declining heart rate at my first pregnancy. I would have preferred to be told whether that meant no hope or some hope directly. She gave a wishy washy answer that led me to think there was still hope and when I spoke with Dr. Ryley he corrected that to no hope. I would just rather have been told earlier to avoid the uncertainty.
Brighton

2005 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. Samuel Pang] was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.... I felt as though with any IVF doctor you see them early on in there overseeing her care however you did not see them one on one every time. And I am OK with that.
They seemed to have lots of information for patients, were organized and always available on call if I had questions. I attended the location in Milford for many of my early procedures. Having to go out to Lexington for the IVF procedures was a little scary because it was something different however the clinic was very good about making sure I knew where I was going and what would be done. I went to the Milford clinic not the Worcester clinic, all my comments going forward will be for the Milford clinic.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Experience very personal care specifically by the fertility nurse who worked at Milford Hospital. Met with her one on one for IUI's and she did all the calls personally to let me know of the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tracy Gentile)
Tracey Gentile was awesome. I got to the point where I only wanted to speak with her and wish I could've taken her along with me when I did the IVF treatments in Lexington. She was the one who gave me the bad news when I was not pregnant and I was happy that she was the one who is able to give me the good news when I was pregnant. She was kind and patient specifically during IUI's.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
We have insurance that covered most of all the procedures. I had to cover co-pays for medications.
Describe Samuel Pang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I thought Dr. pang explained pros and cons to single or multiple embryo transfer very well. However, most people do not understand the potential risks of carrying multiples, and the challenges with having them.
Samuel Pang
Milford

2009 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer...She explained everything clearly, including treatment strategies. She was compassionate and relatable. Every step of the way I felt she was making decisions based on current research and my unique situation....She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Strength [of Boston IVF]: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion....The Post Op nurses (for egg retrieval) as well as the phlebotomists were so compassionate and wonderful. I felt nurtured and they helped keep spirits up. What a great team. I found myself thinking, "It takes a village to make a baby".
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She was very caring, empathic, and smart. She always took the time to listen, understand, and explain.
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Given my age we decided quantity might be necessary as quality might not be there. I did respond very well to the meds and produced lots of eggs. The last time (successful cycle) she stimmed a bit more slowly and we got more high quality graded embryos. She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strength: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
My insurance covered everything but I have phenomenal insurance and live in Massachusetts where laws force insurance companies to cover infertility treatments. Not sure this is applicable to most people.

2007 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Isaac Glatstein] is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
The clinic [IVF New England] works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!... It always took them [the nurses] what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Ask questions! He will always answer them to the best of his ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
The doctor himself called me during the cycle that I had my miscarriage. Rather than have a nurse report the numbers and results to me, he phoned me himself. That seemed incredible to me.
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did 3 low dose Clomid cycles, which were monitored, but no IUIs. I then did a Follistim with IUI cycle which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The cycle after that he did a natural cycle with IUI, which did not result in pregnancy. After that we did 3 more Follistim with IUI cycles. We were only going to do 2 and then proceed to IVF, but it was taking my insurance too long to approve us for IVF, so he decided to do another IUI while we waited. Our one IVF cycle worked and we had twins. During that cycle he gave me very low doses of hormones, because during my first IUI cycle I hyperstimulated. So they only retrieved 8 eggs. Most of them fertilized but were abnormal. We were left with 2 normally growing embryos, and we decided to transfer both of them, as one was not such a great quality and probably would not have made it to freeze. Both embryos took, and we had twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
It always took them what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Most of it was taken care of by my insurance company as well as a small grant given by a community agency. I believe I paid about $500 for my IVF cycle. I don't remember how much I paid for my medications, but it was not much.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr Glatstein would definitely do eSET. We chose to transfer multiple embryos solely because of their quality and the number we had.
Isaac Glatstein
2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved... He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive.
[The nurse at Boston IVF - RSC - Waltham] was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding....Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA...It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember [more about the clinic].
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive. Encouraged us to do a mind/body program at Harvard which was happening in 2001.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved but we found out we were pregnant (naturally or post IVF cycle, who really knows?) and didn't need to go that far. He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
This was a long time ago. I know that I did 3 cycles of chlomid with my ob/gyn and then she referred us out. On the 3rd IUI cycle in 1998, we got pregnant and had a child in 1999 (after a chemical pregnancy the month before). 2 years late we went back and after 3 failed IUI cycles, we did 3 IVF cycles, None worked, but the following month after the IVF cycle, we were pregnant (we had been approved for a GIFT cycle and were pursuing adoption).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
I don't remember the name, but she was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember. Also they moved towards the end of my treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA
Describe Alan S. Penzias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He was willing to put in a few embyos based on our comfort level with multiples
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Ozkowitz is not necessarily overtly warm, yet the care he has for his patients is nonetheless obvious and he is wise and careful in his treatment plan....Dr. Oskowitz made a very astute plan as treatment evolved and after initial failure (and although the primary diagnosis of PCO was fairly standard there was unexplained poor egg quality that required some further finesse and analysis). The end result was 2 beautiful girls who are now 13 and 16. I can only imagine in the decade plus since my treatment, technology and care has continued to improve.
With my first child, I was treated [at BostonIVF] only for PCO with injections and eventually a successful IUI. It was discovered in my first pregnancy that I have an incompetent cervix which made me a high risk pregnancy. It also made it impossible for me to carry twins. So when it was time to attempt conceiving my 2nd pregnancy, we went straight to IVF to control the number of embryos implanted (only 1 at a time) to ensure I didn't have twins.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Not to expect a big bear hug, that's not his personality, but he is a very good doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Because the care was personal and appropriate for my situation. Dr. Oskowitz made a very astute plan as treatment evolved and after initial failure (and although the primary diagnosis of PCO was fairly standard there was unexplained poor egg quality that required some further finesse and analysis). The end result was 2 beautiful girls who are now 13 and 16. I can only imagine in the decade plus since my treatment, technology and care has continued to improve.
Describe the protocols Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
With my first child, I was treated only for PCO with injections and eventually a successful IUI. It was discovered in my first pregnancy that I have an incompetent cervix which made me a high risk pregnancy. It also made it impossible for me to carry twins. So when it was time to attempt conceiving my 2nd pregnancy, we went straight to IVF to control the number of embryos implanted (only 1 at a time) to ensure I didn't have twins. What we found out when I went through IVF was that for an unexplained reason the embryos were poor quality. After 2 unsuccessful IVF treatments (and sorry, I just realized I put 2 IVF cycles in the questionnaire but it was actually 3), he recommended we wait until day 5 for transfer to really understand which embryo was good enough quality to survive. Only 1 embryo survived to day 5, and she is now almost 14. His treatment plan was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
I cannot remember the names now, treatment was a while ago, but the nurses were wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF.
Covered by my insurance.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Penzias was clearly knowledgeable and explained things thoroughly. He is very friendly and cut to the chase regarding my age and chances of conception with my own eggs, but didn't imply that it "wasn't worth the time." I just felt like I wasn't always given enough time to ask questions or inquire about alternate conception methods...Based on my baseline hormone levels and age, a high dose of Gonal-F and Menopur were used to obtain the maximum number of eggs.
Appointments [at Boston IVF] were easy to make and super efficient. The ultrasounds techs and phlebotomists were very kind and friendly. As an aside, the patient portal went unnoticed for a long time, and I wasn't informed that almost all results would be reported there!..I felt like the care provided was adequate, but consults were often rushed, and I didn't feel encouraged to ask questions.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
List questions and make sure they are addressed at consult.
Based on my baseline hormone levels and age, a high dose of Gonal-F and Menopur were used to obtain the maximum number of eggs. Ultrasounds and bloodwork was done throughout cycle, but no adjustments were made as I responded well to stimulation meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Masciovecchio)
Mostly communicated via email, they were responsive, and understanding of an anxious, woman TTC at an older age ;)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Appointments were easy to make and super efficient. The ultrasounds techs and phlebotomists were very kind and friendly. As an aside, the patient portal went unnoticed for a long time, and I wasn't informed that almost all results would be reported there!
Insurance covered everything except PGT-A testing, about $3900/cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Once I received PGT-A results, it was clear they were ready several days before I was informed.
Waltham

Dr. Wright is very direct. This does not work for everyone but worked for us. She also talked about what our next steps were and answered every question we had on our list. After 3 failed IUIs she brought us in again to talk about next steps...When my husband explained how all the treatment me were getting me down, she gave us a list of counselors to try...
They [the Boston IVF nurses] are the ones you see most while doing blood work and ultrasounds. They kept me calm or calmed me down when I was upset. They are always prompt in calling you back...They are in the process of moving to a bigger clinic. The only negative is my husband had to collect his sample in the bathroom instead of a collection room like the branch in Mass. has, which made him uncomfortable since it was so close to reception. Overall not a big deal. I like how there aren’t many people in there at any one time.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
If you have questions ask.
Dr. Wright is very direct and answers all questions asked. When my husband explained how all the treatment me were getting me down, she gave us a list of counselors to try.
3 rounds of IUI with letrozol. I had many diagnostic testing before this. On the last round when my body wasn’t responding she up my letrozol and increased monitoring. I believe she did everything she could do before she said we couldn’t inseminate that last round.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The staff here is amazing. They are the ones you see most while doing blood work and ultrasounds. They kept me calm or calmed me down when I was upset. They are always prompt in calling you back.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The Bedford branch has been great. They are in the process of moving to a bigger clinic. The only negative is my husband had to collect his sample in the bathroom instead of a collection room like the branch in Mass. has, which made him uncomfortable since it was so close to reception. Overall not a big deal. I like how there aren’t many people in there at any one time.
I don’t remember all the individual costs with the diagnostic testing. An office visit costs almost $400 without a referral. IUI cost $1,200 plus meds.
2018 - 2020, Successful
he [Dr. Samuel Pauli] may not come off as the warmest doctor in the practice, but he is highly skilled, and takes you as his patient into consideration with all of his plans...after working with him for several months we appreciated his level of in depth explanation and his approach to our case...He treated us with care and respect, took the time to answer any questions we had, and explained what our other doctor never took the time to review with us.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is clean, welcoming, and comfortable. This experience can be very overwhelming and it is nice that they have so many different satellite offices to fit your needs. I always felt comfortable in all locations...The nursing staff is always so great. You see them often through all parts of your cycle so the emotions are all over the place. They are always upbeat, informative and helpful...It [monitoring] was efficient and quick
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pauli came highly recommended to us after a not so positive experience with another doctor at another clinic. Upon our first meeting he put our minds at ease with his overall knowledge and handling of our case. He treated us with care and respect, took the time to answer any questions we had, and explained what our other doctor never took the time to review with us. He is extremely educated in the fertility process, so it can come off as cold at first but after working with him for several months we appreciated his level of in depth explanation and his approach to our case. Not only would I recommend him to my best friend, I did!
Understand he may not come off as the warmest doctor in the practice, but he is highly skilled, and takes you as his patient into consideration with all of his plans.
Dr Pauli explain each procedure thoroughly and answered all of our questions. He gave his opinions and listened to ours.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is clean, welcoming, and comfortable. This experience can be very overwhelming and it is nice that they have so many different satellite offices to fit your needs. I always felt comfortable in all locations
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
It was efficient and quick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
Most of my care was covered under my health insurance plan
Lexington

I love her [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] bedside manners, she always makes me feel very comfortable. She makes us aware of every possible outcome, And no question is stupid. I’ve spent over an hour in her office just talking about our plan and options and never felt rushed. I appreciate those little things.... She has such a positive outlook on us, and our situation. She’s always makes us feel like she has our backs!
It may seems a bit disorganized or over whelming but i feel as tho that’s because they [Boston IVF-Boston] have so many patients. It depends on where everyone is on their cycle some Days are just crazy and the next time it could be so slow.... My latest cycle I was using 450units of gonal F, 150units of menopur, with cetrotide being just added as well!... I never had a problem m booking orgetting in for a monitoring appointment. They Always seemed very to be willing to take me!
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I love her bedside manners, she always makes me feel very comfortable. She makes us aware of every possible outcome, And no question is stupid. I’ve spent over an hour in her office just talking about our plan and options and never felt rushed. I appreciate those little things.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly you think it might be!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
I always felt like i could call at any day or time and she was right there for me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It may seems a bit disorganized or over whelming but i feel as tho that’s because they have so many patients. It depends on where everyone is on their cycle some Days are just crazy and the next time it could be so slow.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
I feel very lucy the past few times I’ve done IVf, I’m just paying for the Copays! It’s next Time I’m worried about... my insurance won’t help anymore so I’ll have to pay out of pocket for my doner sperm and procedure to implant m.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We have done multiple transfers each time to get a better chance of at least one sticking!
Boston

Dr. Kim Thornton was easy to communicate with, was very knowledgeable and adjusted the course of treatment based on my timeline, needs and insurance restrictions. She treated me like a person and was easy to talk to...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
[Boston IVF is a] Very professional and well-known clinic. All staff members were very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Clinic can feel a little commercial at times and less personable than smaller clinics but you cannot argue with their results...My assigned nurse was easy to communicate with and returned phone calls promptly...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Dr. Kim Thornton is very experienced and has a lot of practice treating infertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Every visit I have had Dr. Thorton has been very well prepared and it was clear that she took the time to review my file and my situation prior to the appointment.
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We had already had frozen eggs being stored so the treatment protocol was fairly straight forward. She put me on birth control for 6-8 weeks to regulate my cycles and finish testing. When that was completed we started estrogen patches and pills. The next step is an ultrasound and blood work and depending on the outcome we will be discussing the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF.
Most of my procedures have been covered by my insurance minus my co-pay and out of pocket expenses. Costs of treatments vary.
Describe Kim L. Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Kim L. Thornton

2015 - 2018, Successful
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET...She was extremely approachable, happy to discuss any questions I had. Understood the thought processes that had lead to these decisions...She was friendly and warm but also professional and competent. I felt very confident that she knew what she was doing and was very good at her job. She answered all my questions and I didn't feel like she was running any unnecessary tests. I had a great experience.
[Boston IVF is a] Lovely facility, liked the fact that they had acupuncture/holistic medicine options if you were so inclined. Very flexible appointments with offices at other sites able to do some of the testing. The car park was a little small but that's about it...It was very easy to get hold of the nurse, she responded to messages left for her in a very timely manner. She clearly understood the process very well but also was able to check with the doctor if she wasn't sure of something...Efficient well oiled machine, I usually opted for early morning appointments before work so I was usually the first or second patient. They brought me in quickly, were friendly and helpful. I never had any trouble scheduling appointments
go and see her
Don't remember
Don't remember
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET
Waltham
Dr. Wright is very thorough with explanation she always kept me informed of everything that was going on. She has been professional the whole time with every appointment or every phone call. She called me right away with results of every testing or Imaging the same day.... Dr. Wright does not beat around the bush she gets the job done and is very aggressive with her treatment options which helps to prevent the duration of infertility. She has presented options for me gives me the statistics based on previous experiences with other patients but also allows me to make an informed decision.
The strengths of the clinic [IVF New England] is that there are multiple locations to choose from and everyone is connected. The downfall is that certain testings such as an hsg must be done in one particular location in Waltham, MA which may be a hassle for some. However I have such a great provider that I don't mind the commute the staff at the Bedford Inn Waltham location have all been a very pleasant from check-in, support staff, labs, providers and techs
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She is very thorough with her explanations after every testing or procedure she would call me right away to let me know of the results and plan of care and always was allowing me to ask any questions that I had
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were very thorough and clear was explaining medication directions
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The strengths of the clinic is that there are multiple locations to choose from and everyone is connected. The downfall is that certain testings such as an hsg must be done in one particular location in Waltham, MA which may be a hassle for some. However I have such a great provider that I don't mind the commute the staff at the Bedford Inn Waltham location have all been a very pleasant from check-in, support staff, labs, providers and techs
Not sure
North Chelmsford
she [Dr. Sneeringer] made adjustments to the second with increased menopur and gonal F and used cetrotide as well to increase mature eggs...has taken time to listen time after time. She takes time to explain things and address my concerns. She sets my mind at ease... is patient and understanding of everything. She listens to questions and concerns and provides care plans that work for me. She doesn't hesitate to explain things further when needed and has been available for questions.
Some members of the nursing staff [at Boston IVF] are incredible. I can turn to them to settle my anxieties and get the answers that I need. One nurse in particular has also been through the fertility process and really understands. Other nurses could use some help with bed side manners and communication...Waiting for one of my beta results I did not get a phone call. One nurse believed another nurse had relayed the results as I had contact her during the day. There was also an issue of the nurse believing she left me a voicemail but I did not receive one.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr Sneeringer is patient and understanding of everything. She listens to questions and concerns and provides care plans that work for me. She doesn't hesitate to explain things further when needed and has been available for questions.
Tell her what is on your mind and what concerns you may have. She can help with solutions or easing your concerns.
Dr Sneeringer has taken time to listen time after time. She takes time to explain things and address my concerns. She sets my mind at ease.
Don't remember first egg retrieval protocol but she made adjustments to the second with increased menopur and gonal F and used cetrotide as well to increase mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Some members of the nursing staff are incredible. I can turn to them to settle my anxieties and get the answers that I need. One nurse in particular has also been through the fertility process and really understands. Other nurses could use some help with bed side manners and communication.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
At BIVF I don't feel like a number. I feel like a patient. They do a great job with scheduling, testing, consents, and overall coordinating. The only opportunity I see is getting all their nurses to the same level of care.
Stoneham
Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on...my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties...will always be so thorough and clear for you...treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us.
[Boston IVF is a] Great place to take this journey with. Staff is outstanding and incredibly knowledgeable and supportive. The clinic caters to the individual and their families needs. A weakness may be that appointment times could stand to be a bit longer...The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle...The nurses are professional and timely... Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
As a patient, my experience with Dr. Wright has been outstanding. For example, my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties. As a patient, my journey as been quite tumultuous. Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on.
Ask questions! Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
Dr. Wright treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us. She shows this by always making warm eye contact, considering and listening to our questions, and easing anxieties. I lost my right tube to an ectopic pregnancy in June. My wife and I were devastated. Aside from the emotional and physical pain endured, this was financially debilitating. Dr. Wright understood our frustrations with grace and continues to work towards our next steps in family planning. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Maryann and Barbara Soto, Brenda)
Amazing. The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The nurses are professional and timely.
Waltham

He [Dr. Alan Penzias] was wonderful. He called me on my second cycle when I had 8 good embryos on day 3- and then none made it to day 5/6. He was positive that I had a good chance and should try again and that it was a numbers game. I was quite upset and I thought he was great at explaining things...e2-antagonist because I was DOR and it worked in that I had a decent number of eggs retrieved. I liked the idea of freezing embryos and doing a transfer later
I thought Dr Penzias was outstanding and I am happy he is my doctor. The clinic [Boston IVF] is big and due to the nature you only see your doctor at office appointments to go over results/next plan- and he calls. I wish in a way I saw him at a retrieval and I wish on my last round where I had so many eggs that we talked about a 3 day transfer given my age...The monitoring site was amazing with incredible staff in Providence Ri! They were incredibly caring, professional and generally a cheering squad
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
I thought Dr Penzias was outstanding and I am happy he is my doctor. The clinic is big and due to the nature you only see your doctor at office appointments to go over results/next plan- and he calls. I wish in a way I saw him at a retrieval and I wish on my last round where I had so many eggs that we talked about a 3 day transfer given my age
Ask questions- I didn't and go in prepared
He was wonderful. He called me on my second cycle when I had 8 good embryos on day 3- and then none made it to day 5/6. He was positive that I had a good chance and should try again and that it was a numbers game. I was quite upset and I thought he was great at explaining things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
The nurses at the egg retrieval were amazing!!!!!!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It was a distance from where I lived so I used a remote monitoring center -they were fantastic but it felt like things weren't well connected all of the time. I liked all of the people though
$15,000 out of pocket per time and I did it twice so far
I wish I had also considered a 3 day transfer
Waltham
I felt like a human because the doctor [Dr. Berger] was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf...I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to...He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf...I requested to transfer two in hopes of a higher chance of pregnancy and I ended up with twins!!...
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic [Boston IVF] is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!...Every time I called with a question they [nurses] would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to. He was very positive that I would really benefit from a round of ivf. He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf.
Trust him. I’m sure women going through infertility issues think this isn’t going to work either it’s just going to be a way for the doctor to get money. But it’s not it’s really works it gives you hope of haven’t a family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I felt like a human because the doctor was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Every time I called with a question they would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My husbands insurance did not pay for any fertility treatments so we had to wait another year for open enrollment with my job. Once that was taken care of i has $10,000 for treatment and $10,000 for medications but it was only once per lifetime. Once I ran out I would have to pay out of pocket.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Brian Berger
Waltham

He [Dr. Pauli] clearly cares about his patients and doing his job well. He always fully explains the procedures and gave an frank assessment of the likelihood of success. I appreciate that he was never alarmist or made attempts to offer cultural/social speculations about our infertility and often offered a more optimistic assessment of our challenges than what I was personally worried about...
The [IVF New England - Lex] clinic is extremely efficient and I never had doubts that something had fallen through the cracks. They were the ones that helped us navigate insurance. In fact, I only had to call my insurance once throughout my protocol, and all other problems/payments were handled directly by the clinic. It allowed us to focus on treatment rather than payment of services...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
He clearly cares about his patients and doing his job well. He always fully explains the procedures and gave an frank assessment of the likelihood of success. I appreciate that he was never alarmist or made attempts to offer cultural/social speculations about our infertility and often offered a more optimistic assessment of our challenges than what I was personally worried about.
You do not actually see/talk to the doctor as often as you might like.
He was very open and willing to discuss management of managing pain/anxiety and would often call to check in when there were major events/changes in the cycle
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I saw/talked to the nurses more than I saw/talked to the doctor. The nurses are extremely well organized and I would never have to follow up on a request or question, they were always taken care of when promised. The nurses were also very open about answering any question you might have.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is extremely efficient and I never had doubts that something had fallen through the cracks. They were the ones that helped us navigate insurance. In fact, I only had to call my insurance once throughout my protocol, and all other problems/payments were handled directly by the clinic. It allowed us to focus on treatment rather than payment of services.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
We were covered by health insurance

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr Pauli was always willing to discuss the process with us, including having materials for frequently asked questions and drawing out some answers to help us understand better. He obviously thoroughly reviewed our paperwork before we showed up and was always prepared...The clinic was great. It was a little unnerving the day of the egg retrieval to see others going in for the procedure and seeing others coming out unconscious from the sedation. So I would perhaps suggest more seclusion in the waiting area. However, the nurses were fantastic and remembered me from one procedure to the next, which really impressed me.
My primary nurse would not leave the office until she had called me back if I had left a message. I was always calling to see if results were in and wasn't very patient. However, she was very patient with me and told me I could call as often as I wanted. She sent me home with very clear instructions on the medications...The clinic was great. It was a little unnerving the day of the egg retrieval to see others going in for the procedure and seeing others coming out unconscious from the sedation. So I would perhaps suggest more seclusion in the waiting area. However, the nurses were fantastic and remembered me from one procedure to the next, which really impressed me.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr Pauli was always wiling to discuss the process with us, including having materials for frequently asked questions and drawing out some answers to help us understand better. He obviously thoroughly reviewed our paperwork before we showed up and was always prepared.
Don't let anyone tell you that you just need to remain calm. That's BS. Also be prepared to not find out why you are having issues with miscarriages and conceiving....unfortunately unexplained infertility is common.
Dr Pauli has very good bed side manner and is always willing to answer questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
Just my copay of $300....Dr Pauli's team handled the rest with insurance.

2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Pauli] explained the steps and gave us options. Dr. Pauli was on our side from the beginning. He spent a great deal of time arguing our case to the insurance company, who wanted more control of our procedures. After our first round of IVF (which failed) he reached out to his colleagues for advice, as he was unsure of how to handle our rarely seen situation. Upon their advice, he changed the protocol - which ultimately led to success!...
I was entirely happy with my experience at IVF New England - Lexington! I would recommend patients listen carefully to their instructions and follow them thoroughly. Be flexible and expect to take some time off from work...I received many voicemails with specific information. They returned my calls in a timely manner and patiently reexplained anything I did not understand. They were calm, organized, and helpful...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
I have two beautiful children. We had heartbreak along the way, but could not be happier now. Dr. Pauli is a huge part of our happiness. I highly recommend him and his team. He explained the steps and gave us options. Dr. Pauli was on our side from the beginning. He spent a great deal of time arguing our case to the insurance company, who wanted more control of our procedures. After our first round of IVF (which failed) he reached out to his colleagues for advice, as he was unsure of how to handle our rarely seen situation. Upon their advice, he changed the protocol - which ultimately led to success!
There are lots of appointments to attend. Make sure your schedule can be flexible.
I was happy with my care. I felt Dr. Pauli and his nurses were very helpful and wanted me to succeed.
Our first IVF attempt was negative. It resulted with a condition Dr. Pauli had knew little about. (We found VERY few resources about it on the internet). He then changed the protocol. We were successful with the change!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered all costs.