Merle Berger

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2012 - 2013, Successful
He did a great job of explaining the process and his approach and recommendations, but also always asking what I was comfortable with and willing to adjust the course to meet my personal needs. He answered as many questions as I needed and made me feel like I was in charge of my care.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate... They knew who I was and catered to my particular circumstances, always making sure that I was on-board with the plan and ready to listen if something wasn't working.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)
2012 - 2013, Successful
She [Dr. DiGirolamo] was very direct but always positive and reassuring. Took as long as we needed in each appointment to discuss the details of my treatment and our feelings... Even though she was wonderful you always need to be involved with the process and ask questions.
I was not treated like just another patient [at IVF New England] and I always spoke to someone about my care. I have friends who would have to log into a system to learn about their doses and next steps. I always spoke directly to a nurse. How kind and understanding they[ the nurses] were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
She was very direct but always positive and reassuring. Took as long as we needed in each appointment to discuss the details of my treatment and our feelings.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
How kind and understanding they were. I was not treated like just another patient and I always spoke to someone about my care. I have friends who would have to log into a system to learn about their doses and next steps. I always spoke directly to a nurse.
Lexington
[Dr. Obasiolu] was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo
Chris [Boston IVF nurse] really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He was professional and aggressive, and I got a baby out of it all, so I'm sure that colors my opinion. But I liked that he was honest and straightforward (no sugar-coating).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
No specific advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He is DEFINITELY not warm and fuzzy, but he knew his stuff, was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo (given my overall health and relatively young age - 27).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Chris (she's no longer there))
I LOVE Chris. She is by far my most favorite nurse/doctor I've ever interacted with. She was so caring and compassionate. She really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
Charles Obasiolu

2009 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Huang] took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush... We chose her because a friend highly recommended her. We liked her and felt confident having her for a doctor. It was a little strange when she apologized when we found out we were pregnant with twins because we were thrilled and somehow she thought we'd be disappointed...She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good...
7-8 years ago they [IVF New England] had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test...She [the nurse] was great. More friendly than the doctor...
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
It was a long time ago. Sorry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She was great. More friendly than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
7-8 years ago they had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF.
Pei-Li Huang
2010 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Sneeringer was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it...I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Scheduling all the diagnostic tests was difficult with my teaching schedule-- plan well in advance. [Boston IVF nurses had] empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy).
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it. She was kind and compassionate and performed all my procedures except for one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I never felt like our appointments were rushed. She took as long as we needed to answer all of our questions and went through all of the procedures thoroughly. I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy)
2005 - 2011, Successful
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. Kind, funny, calm and wicked smart....Brian is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around...Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!...I didn't work with them [the nursing staff] too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind...[Dr. Brian Berger] is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I'm sorry I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I didn't work with them too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!
2003 - 2010, Unsuccessful
[Dr Selwyn Oskowitz] took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries. Very supportive and encouraging. Respectful...Informative, respectful, competent. Honest re probabilities, possibilities, shared professional opinions, honest re competencies, concerns. Professional.
[Boston IVF is] organized, clean, timely, professional, mostly considerate of time and stress involved in this kind of care...[Dr Selwyn Oskowitz] took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
OK to ask lots of questions and share any concerns. He seemed to 'get it.'
Took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries. Very supportive and encouraging. Respectful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Organized, clean, timely, professional, mostly considerate of time and stress involved in this kind of care.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)

2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr Pauli was clear, straightforward, experienced. He made adjustments to treatment as the first cycles weren't working as planned. Ultimately, I got pregnant after the 3rd cycle, with 2 embryos to freeze, and got pregnant again with a frozen embryo on the first frozen cycle...Personal phone calls, as needed. Nurses and technicians in the clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Friendly, helpful, compassionate, straightforward.
2013, Successful
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff...I think he [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them...[Boston IVF] Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I think he was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Read about ivf before you go in
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
The uterine scan was very smart
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Sweet and cheering for me the whole time
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF.
None my insurance paid
Benjamin Lannon
Brookline
Dr McShane, of Reproductive Science Center [merged with Bostong IVF] was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive....I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center....I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
How was your experience with Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
I was treated by reproductive Science Center and Patricia McShane was my doctor. I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
Not that strong of a memory - it was 11 years ago.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Dr Mc Shane, of Reproductive Science Center was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive. Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center.
Patricia McShane
Framingham
Ask any question you have and make sure to tell him everything. Use his expertise.
I got OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] and the nurses took amazing care of me
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias was throrough and detailed and thoughtful. I appreciated his honesty and patience. He was confident yet caring. He seemed very busy but always gave us sufficient time. I would highly recommend him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Although he was busy, he cared and took time for us
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I got OHSS and the nurses took amazing care of me. very thoughtful and compassionate
Alan S. Penzias
2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Steven Bayer is] down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through...explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain...He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents... He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing.
I’ve had little contact with my nurse [at Boston IVF], but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works...His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility...As a new patient I felt comfortable and knew everyone I had contact with was very helpful and kind. They treat you like a human and not a number or someone that doesn’t fit a mold that some offices feel you should. They are very empathic to your heartbreak. I’m still trying to find a weakness,although I’m sure they have them, my experience has been seamless thus far.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr Bayer explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain we could try cloned and gave us the odds of it working. He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents. When cloned didn’t work, my husband and I chose to keep trying naturally. Over the last 4 years we’ve endure the adoption option which ended in a disaster with information we were told but didn’t happen. We pulled out of the adoption last year. We then saw another fertility specialist closer to home, he didn’t care as to why we were there, he told me to lose 50lbs and call him once I did. He went as far to say, he’s seen shorter and wider do it do I can if I put my mind too it. I lost 23lbs hurt my back in the meantime and was killing myself to lose. Then decided to go back to see Dr Bayer this year. Upon entering his office we had the typical how are you doings, then lead to say it’s been a very long 4+ year journey for you. How have you been doing with this? He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing. Not once but twice he told us he can help us become parents, our life long dream. I left there with tears of joy and a heart that was full of happiness finally. We started the process in February, found embryos in August and are in the process of waiting for cycles to do the transfer. I can’t thank Dr Bayer and his team enough for all they have done. Dr Bayer has reassured me on more than one occasion, helping couples become parents is “what his team and Garrison” does!! He’s excited for us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Any and all questions you ask, he will answer truthfully and honestly. He’s in this profession because he truly cares for his patients. Highly recommend him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
He’s do down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We tried 3 cycles clomid due to being younger and having regular periods at that time. At this time in order to begin the process for my frozen embryo transfer, we have started and finished medications to induce a period. Once that happens I’ll take 2 and 1/2 weeks of estrogen, have an ultrasound and if the uterine lining isn’t thick enough, we’ll increase estrogen and have another ultrasound. If uterine lining is thick enough, I’ll have the transfer scheduled then begin progesterone for 10 weeks there after. Everything needs to be perfect in order for my embryo to attach. There is still a chance of miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda D)
I’ve had little contact with my nurse, but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Dr Bayer is part of my out of nextwork coverage so all bills are paid by me until I reach my deductible. That deductible is very high, so that will not happen. His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility.
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We will do a single embryo transfer as soon as my cycle begins with a followed ultrasound. One embryo transfer is best for me and my baby at this time to ensure a happy healthy pregnancy.
Steven Bayer
2012 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Berger's] profesionalism is outstanding . If i was late , he never rushed me out . Always answers my questions no matter how silly they were...He started me on a low dose and went up slowly , wanted to prevent twin pregnancy . He monitored everything carefully and timely . I was always given an update as soon as they had the results , no matter what day of the week it was ... he diagnosed me wit PCOS and for years no doctor had even given me any results for infertility
The two places I visited [for Boston IVF] were Brookline and Waltham , and I find everything perfect . Brookline is a little smaller but very cozy and welcoming . The only thing that there’s really never any parking . They are finishing up a new parking lot. Waltham is complementary parking and always available...everyone there show they care ! They are the most sweet and understanding care takers I have encounter . Even the billing department is very understamble. Everyone there is ready to assist you . The day surgery team is amazing too , they explain everything step by step and make you feel confident .
How was your experience with Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Merle has an amazing way of explaining everything, he’s very patience and very positive . Step by step he explained the pros and cons . We have two beautiful girls , and I talk to them and to everyone else about Dr. Berger , M . I have a few friends that now see Dostors at BIVF but have different doctors I think . But I feel like I became a spoke person for couples with unexplained infertility. I learned from Dr. Berger , that there is a way to have a baby , we just needs to find answers . He’s profesionalism is outstanding . If i was late , he never rushed me out . Always answers my questions no matter how silly they were . I’m very thankful to have been his patient twice and I’m looking forward to visit him for our third baby if everything goes well , we have a frozen embryo .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
Listen carefully , ask all the questions , don’t fear to hear anything, sometimes he might give you an answer you don’t want to hear but it is what it is . Keep your faith !
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
First thing he gave me was hope ! I walked in there scared of why I couldn’t have children and he diagnosed me wit PCOS and for years no doctor had even given me any results for infertility. This changed my life because I then understood why everything was different with me , like having no periods gaining and loosing weight . No babies , etc . He gave us all the in and outs about BOSTON IVF and I felt as one of his daughters .
Describe the protocols Merle Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He wanted to start me on trigger shots , but for insurance purposes I had to start with pills (chlomid) that didn’t work as expected. But the shots were magic. He started me on a low dose and went up slowly , wanted to prevent twin pregnancy . He monitored everything carefully and timely . I was always given an update as soon as they had the results , no matter what day of the week it was . That was for baby #1 , for our second child I started with the trigger shots , we were going for IVF due to my age , again to avoid twin pregnancy . I had an egg retrieval , but before I got to implant the embryo we got pregnant with baby #2
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
All I can say is that everyone there show they care ! They are the most sweet and understanding care takers I have encounter . Even the billing department is very understamble. Everyone there is ready to assist you . The day surgery team is amazing too , they explain everything step by step and make you feel confident .
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The two places I visited were Brookline and Waltham , and I find everything perfect . Brookline is a little smaller but very cozy and welcoming . The only thing that there’s really never any parking . They are finishing up a new parking lot. Waltham is complementary parking and always available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Merle Berger at Boston IVF.
My insurance cover most of it , I paid $5000 deductible out of pocket . And 3,500 for the eggs. Plus copays
Describe Merle Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I agreed with everything he thought it was best for us , I trusted him as my doctor and never doubt him . I’m truly happy that he wanted me to have a single baby each time .
Merle Berger
Boston

Doctor Berger had NO preference [with Eset]. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!... He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
[Boston IVF] Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready...PGS testing not covered so had to pay $3,700 out of pocket but it is WELL worth it. Also another $500 for meds not covered...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger was able to explain how this cycle would be different from my treatment at FCNE and why I am considered a special case. He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
Expect a miracle!
No shots. No birth control. Letrozole, low dose hcg, leuprolide, cetrotide, gonal F, ovidrel (trigger shot), doxyclycline, medrol and crinone inserts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Would call me and tell me they are missing paperwork when they actually had it in their possession. Failed to order meds.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Cleaner, nice facilities than FCNE. Better locations. Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready. FCNE only does procedures on Tuesdays so if my body wasn't ready I would be overmedicated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Doctor Berger had NO preference. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I would just ask that the nurses LOOK in their files before accusing me of not sending the right paperwork

2020, Consult
Dr Carla [DiGirolamo] is empathetic and compassionate...she is never rushed, tries to understand the problem, work on the diagnosis, and make sure all treatments/risks are fully explained. While she presents options as a doctor, she also gives a good balance of helping us select options we prefer
Strengths: Boston IVF Waltham and Westborough offices are both great clinics with some wonderful doctors and nurses. They are very organized such that wait times are minimal too. Weaknesses: Yet to begin treatment, so can't say yet
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr Carla is empathetic and compassionate. It has been a pleasure working with her as she is never rushed, tries to understand the problem, work on the diagnosis, and make sure all treatments/risks are fully explained. While she presents options as a doctor, she also gives a good balance of helping us select options we prefer (instead of doctors not giving us enough information and expecting patients to decide on their own).
Go for it!
Dr Carla was patient, empathetic and open to hearing about all previous treatments/alternate treatments as well. She was never rushed, and made sure I and my spouse had all my questions covered. She also made sure to get into as much detail as we'd like to understand treatments. Look forward to the actual treatment and result with her when we get to it!
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Yet to begin any treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Shelby Sparby)
Shelby has been the most compassionate and helpful through the entire experience
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
Office/outpatient visit $443
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Yet to begin any treatment
Westborough
[The nurses at Boston IVF are] Very helpful and answered any questions I have whenever I needed things to be either talked out or answered....We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are...Very welcoming, great environment in both clinics I’ve been to. Made some great clinic relationships with some staff as I was going in several times a week. I would like the ability to speak with someone right away more often but other than that both offices are great...She [Dr. Nina Resetkova] was very warm, very knowledgeable. Any question I asked she would take the time to explain without making me feel like I was asking too much...Every step has been planned out and everyone is friendly and available when I need someone... We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are...
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Boston IVF as a whole has been great. I’ve gone to several locations to have different things done. From the nurses, to to MAs to the financial team. Every step has been planned out and everyone is friendly and available when I need someone
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Be prepared, ask lots of questions. And don’t hesitate to take as much time as your need
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She was very warm, very knowledgeable. Any question I asked she would take the time to explain without making me feel like I was asking too much
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
So far, I have been helped buy many resources within Boston IVF. We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF.
Unsure as I’m still in the process
Nina Resetkova
Quincy
2019, Consult
[Dr. Dan Griffin] explained that after all the testing we have completed there is no clear reason for our infertility. He was very sympathetic with our struggle and was understanding...explained what our steps would be and our chances with certain steps...wanted to try another cycle of IUI but felt more confident with going straight to IVF... I know some women feel more comfortable with a female dr in regards to fertility issues but Dr Griffin was very down to earth and compassionate.
The clinic [Boston IVF] was thorough and very discreet. They staff was polite and very welcoming...knowledgeable on fertility issues and eager to answer any questions...The cost for a consult was around $130.00...Any new patient should feel confident going there for care...[Dr. Dan Griffin] was very thorough...explained what our steps would be and our chances with certain steps.
How was your experience with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF?
Our Dr was very thorough. He explained what our steps would be and our chances with certain steps. He explained that all of our testing came back within normal ranges. He was very compassionate and understanding. He was in depth in regards to both mine and my husbands test and our chances of conceiving.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Griffin at Boston IVF?
Do not be nervous. I know some women feel more comfortable with a female dr in regards to fertility issues but Dr Griffin was very down to earth and compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Griffin at Boston IVF?
The Dr explained everything very clear. He also explained that after all the testing we have completed there is no clear reason for our infertility. He was very sympathetic with our struggle and was understanding.
Describe the protocols Dan Griffin used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Dr Griffin wanted to try another cycle of IUI but felt more confident with going straight to IVF.
Very polite and thorough
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic was thorough and very discreet. They staff was polite and very welcoming. The staff was very knowledgeable on fertility issues and eager to answer any questions. I did not notice any weaknesses for the clinic or staff. Any new patient should feel confident going there for care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Griffin at Boston IVF.
The cost for a consult was around $130.00
Dan Griffin
Boston
They [nurses at Boston IVF] are very nice and easy to get a hold of when needed...Location and hours are a big strength...the nurse are always very nice and they tend to recognize you so that feels confronting. sometimes there is a lack of communication so you have to be on top of your own care...He [Dr. Samuel Pauli] actually called me to check in and review results after I met with an np that same day!...He came recommend to me by a friend who was successful with ivf. He was very thoughtful and consider what are concerns are. He came up with a new protocol from what our old doctor was doing. The most shocking thing was he called me to review results with me. This should not be shocking but I was with my other doctor for 3 years she never called me.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
If you are new to ivf - this takes time lots of time but hopefully will be worth it.
He actually called me to check in and review results after I met with an np that same day!
Describe the protocols Samuel Pauli used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He was the first to suggest use of embryo glue it was a $500out of pocket charge and may or may not help but it was worth the risk to us. We want to try anything there is out there to try. We got a positive test and are awaiting an ultrasound
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They are very nice and easy to get a hold of when needed
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Location and hours are a big strength the nurse are always very nice and they tend to recognize you so that feels confronting. sometimes there is a lack of communication so you have to be on top of your own care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
For this year to date 3 thousand ish but I’ve been doing this for over 3 years and have spent over 30 thousand
Lexington

she [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] decide because of my age that a 2 embryo transfer was going to give me a better chance...explain every aspect of the treatment. she was clear with all that could of happen. She is very griendly and down to earth doctor.She understands what my needs were. she really try to communicate every thing to us in every visit...I was started with honal-f 900 I and then manipur 75 iu was added, centroine and the last last inject was the trigger shot of HCG. I had no adverse reactions to this medications.
My nurse [at Boston IVF] was very compassionate she always call with any news. overall all the nurses there are friendly and compassionate...well the clinic could give out brochures on the treatments and it need to update their reception area. To a new patient just be patience when going in for blood work or ultrasound because even if you are given an appointment is by signing in so the earlier you are there the better
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr sneeringer explain every aspect of the treatment. she was clear with all that could of happen. She is very griendly and down to earth doctor.She understands what my needs were. she really try to communicate every thing to us in every visit
Ask about financial help if paying out of pocket. Don't be afraid to ask questions when in doubt
the staff was very nice they undrstand what i was going thru
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was started with honal-f 900 I and then manipur 75 iu was added, centroine and the last last inject was the trigger shot of HCG. I had no adverse reactions to this medications. Which am grateful for
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My nurse was very compassionate she always call with any news. overall all the nurses there are friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
she decide because of my age that a 2 embryo transfer was going to give me a better chance
Stoneham

Dr Sneeringer was very down to earth and personable. I felt like I had known her for years... She treated us with respect and kindness at all times! She was so wonderful every step of the way!! She is optimistic and positive which is what you need if you need IVF treatment! She was also compassionate when we had our first miscarriage! She is the doctor you want on your team!!...I absolutely, 100%, recommend Dr Sneeringer!
Wendy [nurse at Boston IVF] was amazing from day one!! She was very knowledgeable and helpful! She responded to emails and phone calls promptly!...Every aspect of my experience was great!...Dr Sneeringer was very down to earth and personable. I felt like I had known her for years... She treated us with respect and kindness at all times!She was so wonderful every step of the way!!
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I absolutely, 100%, recommend Dr Sneeringer! She was a miracle worker as far as I’m concerned. She treated us with respect and kindness at all times! She was so wonderful every step of the way!! She is optimistic and positive which is what you need if you need IVF treatment! She was also compassionate when we had our first miscarriage! She is the doctor you want on your team!!
Trust her! She knows what she is talking about!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Craw (amazing))
Wendy was amazing from day one!! She was very knowledgeable and helpful! She responded to emails and phone calls promptly!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Every aspect of my experience was great! I had a very bad experience at Fertility Solutions so I was very hesitant at first. From the beginning, Dr Sneeringer and her nurse, Wendy, were amazing to us. We knew we made the right choice! The course of treatment worked because we now have 6 month twins!! We are very thankful and appreciative!
Expensive. We had to pay out of pocket for everything. Insurance did not cover anything for us.

2019 - 2020, Consult
She [Dr. Carla DiGirolamo] took time to answer all my questions and was able to explain everything in a way that I understood...She was very open to answering any questions that I had so I made sure to think of as much as I could before hand...She took time to answer all my questions and was able to explain everything in a way that I understood...I have not started treatment yet but she has suggested an unmedicated IUI.
[staff of Boston IVF] Everyone that I have come into contact in person or on the phone has been very kind and patient. They are able to explain any questions that I have had and don't rush through it...Come prepared with any questions you may have. She [Dr. DiGirolamo] was very open to answering any questions that I had so I made sure to think of as much as I could before hand.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
She took time to answer all my questions and was able to explain everything in a way that I understood. She also was not at all judgmental (something I was afraid of going into the first appointment).
Come prepared with any questions you may have. She was very open to answering any questions that I had so I made sure to think of as much as I could before hand.
She was honest and I did not feel rushed in appointments. She took time to explain everything.
I have not started treatment yet but she has suggested an unmedicated IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were amazing. The were kind and the woman who took my blood was the best I have ever had. No bruise left which never has happened before.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Everyone that I have come into contact in person or on the phone has been very kind and patient. They are able to explain any questions that I have had and don't rush through it. Everyone seems to really care.
Lexington

He [Dr. Brian Berger] listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers...was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could...I have poor egg quality. We did two egg retrieval’s and PGS tasting to get the best quality egg for transfer...You have to be proactive and follow up...
A weakness [at Boston IVF] would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating...The nursing staff was supportive and helpful...It was difficult to get to the lab sometimes on work days. I wish there was an option for afternoon blood draws...Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could.
You have to be proactive and follow up.
He listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was supportive and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A weakness would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
I don’t have a comment for this
Boston

[Dr. Rita Sneeringer] was very personable, patient and sympathetic towards our situation. She was extremely knowledgeable and approached each meeting with customized recommendations based on our preferences, and how my body was responding to treatment...We felt completely comfortable and confident in her plan of action. We had A LOT of questions and she was extremely patient. We can’t say enough great things about her. I’ve already recommended her to several friends and coworkers.
We did a freeze all egg retrieval, phs testing and fet [at Boston IVF]...Clinic strengths: organized, atmosphere is nice, clean, staff is friendly Clinic weaknesses: typically a little slow, road clinic is on has major pot holes- more of just a general commuting annoyance...Schedule your initial appointment sooner rather than later...books up quickly...Dr Sneeringer was very personable, patient and sympathetic towards our situation. She was extremely knowledgeable and approached each meeting with customized recommendations based on our preferences, and how my body was responding to treatment.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Schedule your initial appointment sooner rather than later. She books up quickly.
We did a freeze all egg retrieval, phs testing and fet
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic strengths: organized, atmosphere is nice, clean, staff is friendly Clinic weaknesses: typically a little slow, road clinic is on has major pot holes- more of just a general commuting annoyance Nothing else to share here

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions...was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
The clinic [IVF New England] is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well...She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr Luzzo was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Continue with what she is doing
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
limited coverage by insurance, mostly out of pocket costs which has limited ability to move forward with IVF cycles
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
none
Kerri Luzzo
Raynham
He [Dr. Ryley] is the best and very helpful...was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality. He was correct...He was very upbeat and positive, he gave me the reassurance I needed...explained everything to me so I could understand...He was calm and helped me stay calm...He was reassuring during my embryo transfer.
I love this clinic [Boston IVF]! Everything was perfect...Everyone is helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed...The nurses are nice...I loved how I was always listened to and no question seemed silly...They always valued my thoughts...He [Dr. Ryley] is the best and very helpful...was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He was extremely tentative and explained everything to me so I could understand He was calm and helped me stay calm He was very positive He was reassuring during my embryo transfer. He explained everything as he did it and made sure the nurses with him knew his every move Lots of communication
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is the best and very helpful
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He was very upbeat and positive, he gave me the reassurance I needed
Amazing
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love this clinic! Everything was perfect Everyone is helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed The nurses are nice and they at there to make the visits easier I loved how I was always listened to and no question seemed silly They always valued my thoughts
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
Expensive thank goodness for health insurance
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality. He was correct
David Ryley