Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism [by Dr. Berger]. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first...He was very personal and knowledgeable. Went over everything and was extremely patient with all the questions we had. And he was able to diagnose and help me with what I had been struggling with for over a year.
They [nurses at Boston IVF] go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them...With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.... The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Berger. I was very impressed at how smart and knowledgeable he was and how quickly he was to diagnose me and start treatment for me to start feeling better and to start fertility treatment. He was also kind, gentle and patient with both my husband and me.
Try your best to stay relaxed. Be organized and be ready to ask all the questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first because of insurance purposes and Dr. Berger was fine with that. Unfortunately it did not work so we will be moving on with IUI for this next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I am completely blown away by Dr.Bergers nursing staff! They go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
So far I do not have anything negative to say. I’m impressed with the technology, the doctors and the entire staff. I’ve only experienced strength as of right now and not weaknesses. I would let any new patient know that they can rest easy being in their care. Yes, come prepared with questions and be ready to advocate for yourself but know they will listen and ready to help you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
So far insurance has covered treatment. We are getting ready for IUI which insurance will not cover. The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.
Cape Cod

I adore Dr. Brian Berger but feel that he is so busy, sometimes I dealt a lot with the nurses opposed to him... One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Nurses were great [at Boston IVF]! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor. I always trusted him and had faith that he would help us have a child. One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Ask questions. And ask about future plans so you are prepared.
All 3 iui's I started on letrozole cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and blood started on day 12 and hug trigger shot when my follicles were 18mm+.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurses were great! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Better communication. More providers at the south shore center so the wait isn't so long. And just being more straightforward with information. If a patient is overweight, make sure it it communicated that they have a BMI requirement.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Med refill took 4 days to be called into pharmacy. Wasn't told about the BMI requirement with anesthesia dept.
2015 - 2018, Successful
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter...Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision...I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went.
I think everyone at this clinic [Boston IVF] has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture...but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!...I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger has been very direct and to the point about my treatment and expectations. I have always felt that I was in good hands and that he was in full control over how my cycle turned out. In the times that I showed concern or was nervous about a procedure he really spoke to me like a human and not a doctor, which was such a comfort. In a consultation I had recently with him, after having my daughter and going back for a frozen transfer I told him that what I experienced with my IVF cycle went so much easier than I had anticipated and it was because of him that it went so well. I did wish that I could see my doctor more for procedures, instead of sometimes having all different doctors, but at the same time I knew dr. Berger was in full control of my cycle and I felt so comfortable with everyone at Boston IVF. Dr. Berger always stresses excellence in his field and the importance of keeping up with what is best for his patients treatments, so I knew that he would never let me in the hands of a colleague that wouldn't be equally excellent to execute his plans. This really spoke volumes in the amount of trust I put in him for my care, and how pleased I was with the results.
I would tell a prospective patient that it's important to get all your information and ask all your questions during your consultation, you won't necessarily get the chance to see him or talk to him again during your cycle. It's important to trust what he wants to do to help you.
I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went. After having my daughter, my husband and I went back for a consultation to do a frozen embryo transfer and he was so happy to see us and see that we had success. We had a very nice conversation while also being down to business to make sure we have success for our family again. We couldn't be happier!
I can't remember with my IVF cycle what the specifics were, I am currently doing a frozen transfer and my protocol so far is to take letrozole cycle days 3-7, then blood work/ ultrasound cycle day 10. I will be taking ovidrel, edomitrine, doxicycline, and methylprednisolon
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff has always been very organized and very easy to talk to. I really appreciate how they handle your cycle and how they communicate what needs to be done. They have always been very quick to get things done for you also.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure. I found that it was nice at times that you had to call and leave voicemails, that way you always got the exact and correct answers you needed, although sometimes you just want to call and get through to someone so you don't have to wait for a phone call, but that's just sometimes in my opinion. I think everyone at this clinic has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture. The worst part was the commute during rush hour to get to appointments, but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My fresh cycle I was on different insurance so more of my drugs were covered. For my frozen transfer, I'm finding the cost of my medication more expensive due to my current insurance.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter. Going back for a frozen transfer we were not sure what to do, how many embryos. Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision
South Shore
Dr.Luzzo put her all into our situation. She was the first doctor to diagnose the reason for my pregnancy loss while other doctors did not even do the proper testing. She makes us feel comfortable and we trust in her. ... Dr. Luzzo is caring and sympathetic. ... Even when it came down to insurance issues she put her all into figuring it out for us. She has made our experience so far more comfortable.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is comfortable and the staff is friendly. Sometimes getting in for an appointment can be difficult if you have a busy schedule. The office is a bit far for me but are good about emailing me order to have bloodwork at a closer lab. ... There was only one case where they forgot to send the prescription to the phatmacy for me. ... Sometimes I feel her nurse can come off insensitive.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo is caring and sympathetic. She made us feel like she was doing all that she could do help our situation. Even when it came down to insurance issues she put her all into figuring it out for us. She has made our experience so far more comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
My advice would be to always keep an open mind and be patient. Our news was not what we wanted to hear but we put our trust in Dr.Luzzo and we feel she will hive us the end result we are looking for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have a uterine anomaly which has caused reoccurrent pregnancy loss. Dr.Luzzo has consulted with other doctors on the team regarding my situation. Our next step is to have surgery to repair the uterus and remove scar tissue and then start our IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Sometimes I feel her nurse can come off insensitive. You can sometimes tell she is busy and I feel sometimes like I'm bothering her.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is comfortable and the staff is friendly. Sometimes getting in for an appointment can be difficult if you have a busy schedule. The office is a bit far for me but are good about emailing me order to have bloodwork at a closer lab. The atmosphere of the office is very comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Pgs testing will cost us around $3500. IVF is covered with a $125 copay. I've had 2 uterine surgeries with a $125 copay each. I will also have copays for the medications associated with IVF
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She recommended single embryo transfer due to our high risk situation.
Providence
I had a lot of tests with her [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] regarding my endometriosis and she put me on birth control and ordered all My hormones. I do not know the specifics but i could get them. She performed a surgery to prep me for hormones and egg retrieval To clean out my endo. However just at the 2 week mark of my birth control i got the call to set up an appointment to go over dosages and how to administrate them and my husband also got the news his company was bought out and our new insurance would start. Well dr luzzo did everything she could to find out if my new insurance would cover it .
They [Boston IVF- Providence] have a lot of locations in the area. They even do satellite offices to make is easier for patients . It’s always clean and well Staffed . I always felt like if i called they were helpful in getting me the right information or the right person. They have a central Location for procedures in Waltham and it’s super clean and well organized. They run t like a well Oiled machine. I can’t recommend this enough and my dr
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is caring and passionate about her job. She truly treats each patient with respect and importance. She wants to help you have a family just as much as you want one. She’s honest and kind. She is accommodating to patients needs and fears and reassure you Along the way. She answered all my questions and had a plan set in place but was flexiable when things came up.
Be honest and open so she can treat you property .
They entire office staff is welcoming and caring . After a few appointment they would say hi by names to all the patients walking i . They never made it uncomfortable. Dr luzzo was warm and supportive during all our convos. They worked hard to work with my insurance!
I had a lot of tests with her regarding my endometriosis and she put me on birth control and ordered all My hormones. I do not know the specifics but i could get them. She performed a surgery to prep me for hormones and egg retrieval To clean out my endo. However just at the 2 week mark of my birth control i got the call to set up an appointment to go over dosages and how to administrate them and my husband also got the news his company was bought out and our new insurance would start. Well dr luzzo did everything she could to find out if my new insurance would cover it . She was hopeful that it would ordered my medication had me continue my appointments and knew i was ready to start. I had all my dates lined up for injections ultra sounds etc . Within days my entire world turned when i found out my husbands insurance did not cover a single thing in IVF and we would have to pay out of pocket. I was at a stop sign in our journey and could not move forward for financial reasons. Dr luzzo checked in on me and was very compassionate about the situation and even offered all different options for payment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Caring and welcoming after a few appointments they remembered your name and always made you feel Comfortable .
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They have a lot of locations in the area. They even do satellite offices to make is easier for patients . It’s always clean and well Staffed . I always felt like if i called they were helpful in getting me the right information or the right person. They have a central Location for procedures in Waltham and it’s super clean and well organized. They run t like a well Oiled machine. I can’t recommend this enough and my dr
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
My insurance paid 100 percent
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I hadn’t to call and remind them 2x to send my paper work over to. I had switched drs from Dr Pauli to dr luzzo .

2015 - 2018, Successful
[Dr. Sneeringer has] Excellent bed side manner, very understanding and knowledgeable. Takes her time to address any issues or concerns. Does not make you feel rushed and is empathetic to your specific situation...Willingness to be available to discuss any issues/concerns. Quick to respond to emails and phone calls...Patient when your acting crazy on IVF meds. Kind and caring. Most importantly, created protocols that resulted in 2 ivf cycles and 2 healthy baby boys. I am forever grateful.
[Nurses at Boston IVF are] Always available, prompt via phone and email, understanding and patient, excellent bed side manner, easy to talk to/good communication, personable, kind, caring and knowledgeable. Takes the time to make sure you understand everything...It was relatively quick. I was usually seen immediately...Easy to make an appt however sometimes they have booked up in advance. The staff is great about calling if there has been a cancellation. The environment is modern, welcoming and clean. All front desk and registration staff are really friendly.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Exceptional bed side manner. Willingness to be available to discuss any issues/concerns. Quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Empathetic to my situation. Understanding and knowledgeable. Patient when your acting crazy on IVF meds. Kind and caring. Most importantly, created protocols that resulted in 2 ivf cycles and 2 healthy baby boys. I am forever grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Don’t wait any longer! The answers you’re seeking are with her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Ivf fresh cycle: injectables: gonal f, ganirelix, ovidrel and crinone progesterone. FET cycle: estrace, estrogen patches and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
It was relatively quick. I was usually seen immediately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
It was covered by insurance. I had to pay a copay at each visit and for medications.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I had a mu
Rita Sneeringer
Waltham

He [Dr. Berger] tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable...He used an aggressive approach to stimulating my ovaries because I am older and wanted to freeze eggs...He is easy to talk to, thinks critically, has enormous amount of experience, cares about his patients truly, very attentive. He is skilled. He talked to me about decisions so that I could participate and so that I was comfortable.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket [at Boston IVF]. Reasonable cost compared to others...I liked the flexibility of having many offices throughout the Boston area. The staff love their job and it shows in how they treat patients. The technicians seemed skilled at their job and were very pleasant. There isn't continuity in who you'll see from time to time, but that didn't bother me...[nurses were] Super responsive, kind, patient.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Super responsive, kind, patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket. Reasonable cost compared to others