Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

[Nurses at Boston IVF were] Amazing! Super organized and excellent communication and got my prescriptions ordered and things scheduled very efficiently and without mistakes. When I had bleeding she was reassuring. She was genuinely excited for our success...A large operation but very professional and organized...He [Dr. Penzias] didn’t rely exclusively on statistics and he never focused on my age. He believed that we could be successful...He helped us make challenging decisions about which and how many embryos to transfer, whether to freeze or do PGS; He was very thorough and was willing to collaborate with Dr. Braverman (where other REs were not)...It’s worth driving to see him- we drove over an hour and a half to see him and it was completely worth it.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He didn’t rely exclusively on statistics and he never focused on my age. He believed that we could be successful.
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Routine protocol for lead in with a estrogen patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A large operation but very professional and organized but 8 can only speak to this doctor and nurse. I saw another doctor at their satellite office near me who I had a negative experience with. I would only recommend this doctor (as opposed to the entire clinic).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
Thankfully all covered by insurance except for the last transfer-$4K
Waltham

Strengths: unintimidating, kind, very knowledgeable, able to explain things to a non-medical person in easy terms. Didn’t feel rushed during my appointments, and it is clear that he valued his staff and seemed to have a mutual appreciation and respect for each other. Weaknesses: could be a bit warmer. ... Dr. Alper was warm and remembered details about me. He likely reviewed them right before I entered the room, but I consider that fair. While it is a big operation, it felt no less impersonal than any other doctors I have seen.
It [Boston IVF] is very large and runs like a well oiled machine. To some this could feel impersonal, but I appreciated that everything was so well organized and everything ran on time. It made me feel confident in the clinic. ... Bonnie is Dr. Alper’s Nurse. She is very responsive and friendly. ... He [Dr. Alper] recommended I transfer only one, especially as I had chosen to do PGS. I was fully on board with this strategy
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Take notes or ask him to write down notes for you as you discuss. He made me some great notes and diagrams that helped me to remember everything later
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
Bonnie is Dr. Alper’s Nurse. She is very responsive and friendly.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It is very large and runs like a well oiled machine. To some this could feel impersonal, but I appreciated that everything was so well organized and everything ran on time. It made me feel confident in the clinic.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He recommended I transfer only one, especially as I had chosen to do PGS. I was fully on board with this strategy
Waltham

Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed....I only recently underwent testing to determine my ovarian reserve, hormone levels, etc. I have only had one cycle of IUI so far.
The clinic [Boston IVF] seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable...The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan. I am still undergoing treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Write down all of your questions in advance so you remember everything you want to ask her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
The costs were covered by insurance after I met my deductible. The cost seemed reasonable compared to other fertility clinics.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I don’t have a comment on this.
Waltham
He was very optimistic but not blindly so. He was very friendly and made a sad and uncomfortable process much easier. He talked to us like humans and made me more optimistic than my previously two failed transfers... With my previous doctor i felt like a number but with Dr ryley i felt like he truly cared about me and was very personable... He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/... He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they [Boston IVF] have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very kind and has great compassion and warmth for patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They treated me a little mord like a number and i know they have a lot of patients but they could have been more organized maybe by hiring more nurses
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I do not remember
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None. He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just not ordering the blood test that they told me they had ordered

2015 - 2017, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
He [Dr. Bayer] would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared...cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
Amanda, Julia and Dawn [nurses at Boston IVF] were all contacts at one point and were very responsive...The clinic was very clean, easily accessible for even out of state patients, and had ample parking. They also offered beverages and had a good waiting room. They were timely. Front staff was helpful...I’m glad he [Dr. Steven Bayer] did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
You will love him. He will make you feel at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
He would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Progesterone IM every 3 days, two pills of estrodial vaginally twice a day, and progesterone vaginally twice a day. Then we did the transfer two embryos each time. First pregnancy with him was a singleton, second was triplets.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda, Julia and Dawn were all contacts at one point and were very responsive.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
I did not handle finances
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I’m glad he did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
Steven Bayer
Waltham

Dr. Penzias is a kind, gentle man. He often reminded me he was on our team and there to support us. He is very knowledgeable and patient. He can easily reached and always followed up with a personalized letter...He will always be regarded as one of my best doctors. He took the time to care for us and helps us through this difficult journey. He was patient, kind and well rounded. He followed a well balanced approach (medical, physical and emotional)
I think the clinic [Boston IVF] is great, recently renovated. Clean building and friendly staff. Strengths - welcome desk greeter (Debbie); flow of the building; well oprganized Weaknesses - hard to identify any weaknesses...3 rounds of IVF (estradiol -&gt; injectibles -. retrieval -&gt; embryo transfer) 1 round of IVF (estradiol -&gt; injectibles -. retrieval -&gt; assisted hatching -.&gt; embryo transfer)...Dr. Penzias is a kind, gentle man. He often reminded me he was on our team and there to support us.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Don't hesitate to schedule with him
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I think the clinic is great, recently renovated. Clean building and friendly staff. Strengths - welcome desk greeter (Debbie); flow of the building; well oprganized Weaknesses - hard to identify any weaknesses

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Sneeringer personally kept me updated on the progress of my embryos after retrieval. She was compassionate and let me lead the way with choices. She would explain all the possible outcomes but I never felt pressured to do anything. She was really aggressive (in a good way) and I got pregnant with my first Ivf !...Dr. Sneeringer was patient and kind. She walked me through each possible outcome forwards and backwards.
[At Boston IVF] We did 3 timed cycles with ovulation induction and 2 iui cycles before a freeze alll Ivf retrieval and transfer. She had me freeze all to allow my body recovery time from the hormones and give me a better chance of getting pregnant with the transfer...I had a lot of anxiety which she and her staff worked to calm..Sometimes it's a long wait for testing in the morning but the staff is amazing
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Sneeringer was patient and kind. She walked me through each possible outcome forwards and backwards. I had a lot of anxiety which she and her staff worked to calm
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Sometimes it's a long wait for testing in the morning but the staff is amazing
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr suggested a single transfer based on my age and testing

2011, Unsuccessful
I did not have much communication with the doctor [Rita Sneeringer] other than the initial consult and then a meeting at the end to review the cycle. She did not attempt to connect to us or help make us feel comfortable with the situation we were about to go through...
The nursing staff [at Boston IVF] was unremarkable and not particularly memorable. Don't have many comments about them. I do remember the testing staff, particularly ultrasound technicians telling me not to complain if I was experiencing pain...Very focused on the money, they run behind on appointments for retrieval and transfer. The testing staff was never very friendly, phlebotomists and ultrasound technicians jump to my mind.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I did not have much communication with the doctor other than the initial consult and then a meeting at the end to review the cycle. She did not attempt to connect to us or help make us feel comfortable with the situation we were about to go through
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Ask for a lot of questions and be very comfortable before proceeding
The doctor did not in any time try to connect and Boston IVF was always sending bills, even ones that were incorrect
Lupron with GonalF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was unremarkable and not particularly memorable. Don't have many comments about them. I do remember the testing staff, particularly ultrasound technicians telling me not to complain if I was experiencing pain.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
It ran well and you could be in and out soon, but the technicians were not friendly
Waltham

[Dr. Alan S. Penzias was] Knowledgeable but didn't have a great bedside manner. He was uncomfortable having conversations with me and I felt rushed. He did however respond via email which was nice. He promised to provide me with follow up information after my three failed IVF cycles but I nevermind heard from him.... Don't expect him to be there every step of the way. He is only there behind the scenes. You almost never have contact with him.
[Boston IVF has] Great hours. Always available for help. They are big so there's not too much personal care. I wish they provided free counseling after the failed cycles. I also wish there was more follow up after my treatments. They dropped me like a hot potato after the third failed round.... Don't expect him to be there every step of the way. He is only there behind the scenes. You almost never have contact with him.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
With my insurance, I paid 7-10k for 2 rounds of IVF.
2005 - 2011, Successful
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. Kind, funny, calm and wicked smart....Brian is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around...Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!...I didn't work with them [the nursing staff] too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind...[Dr. Brian Berger] is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I'm sorry I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I didn't work with them too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!
Brian Berger
2010 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Sneeringer was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it...I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Scheduling all the diagnostic tests was difficult with my teaching schedule-- plan well in advance. [Boston IVF nurses had] empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy).
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it. She was kind and compassionate and performed all my procedures except for one.
I never felt like our appointments were rushed. She took as long as we needed to answer all of our questions and went through all of the procedures thoroughly. I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy)

2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr Pauli was clear, straightforward, experienced. He made adjustments to treatment as the first cycles weren't working as planned. Ultimately, I got pregnant after the 3rd cycle, with 2 embryos to freeze, and got pregnant again with a frozen embryo on the first frozen cycle...Personal phone calls, as needed. Nurses and technicians in the clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Friendly, helpful, compassionate, straightforward.

2009 - 2010, Unsuccessful
I don't have strong memories of the nursing staff since I didn't do any major procedures at this clinic.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He put me on clomid three times, one of those times I got pregnant. He told me "call me when you have the baby." I miscarried a few days later. He is kind and compassionate but didn't seem to go the extra mile to really figure out if this was the right course of action.
Ask many questions
He and the team were caring and friendly.
Waltham
Ask any question you have and make sure to tell him everything. Use his expertise.
I got OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] and the nurses took amazing care of me
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias was throrough and detailed and thoughtful. I appreciated his honesty and patience. He was confident yet caring. He seemed very busy but always gave us sufficient time. I would highly recommend him.
Although he was busy, he cared and took time for us
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I got OHSS and the nurses took amazing care of me. very thoughtful and compassionate

2022, Unsuccessful
We met doctor Pauli two times through an online meeting, he bent his head to his mobile and talked with us. One of the most important factors in medical treatment is one on one interaction between the patient and the provider. While there wasn't Covid when we met doctor Pauli but we couldn't make an in-person appointment with him...for the blood test, my husband's arm became severely bruised and he couldn't bend or sleep on his hand for more than one month. his hand has been green from the place of the needle to his wrist. We complained about it but the clinic and doctor said it is normal.
I can not evaluate the doctor and clinic separately. I believe the whole Boston IVF system and employees are not good...During the treatment, they change nurses several times and none of them are fully responsible to track your treatment procedure. They miss some exams and tests and you have to go to the clinic several times because of their fault in scheduling...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
We met doctor Pauli two times through an online meeting, he bent his head to his mobile and talked with us. One of the most important factors in medical treatment is one on one interaction between the patient and the provider. While there wasn't Covid when we met doctor Pauli but we couldn't make an in-person appointment with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Don't choose Boston IVF, it is wasting time and money.
Patients are just a number for Boston IVF. They don't care about patients at all. The only thing that they care about is how to make money from patients. During the treatment, they change nurses several times and none of them are fully responsible to track your treatment procedure. They miss some exams and tests and you have to go to the clinic several times because of their fault in scheduling. fertility treatment itself is complicated and working with an irresponsible provider makes it much harder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: They changed nurses frequently.)
Since they have changed nurses frequently, they missed tracking the treatment procedure accurately.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I can not evaluate the doctor and clinic separately. I believe the whole Boston IVF system and employees are not good. They support each other to cover their faults. For example, for the blood test, my husband's arm became severely bruised and he couldn't bend or sleep on his hand for more than one month. his hand has been green from the place of the needle to his wrist. We complained about it but the clinic and doctor said it is normal. For sperm freezing, they gave consent to my husband to sign, in the consent they clearly said the money that you are paying at the beginning is for the whole year, while it wasn't true. They designed the consent in a way that patients were tempted to sign it, then after three months, they sent a bill that from now on you have to pay a specific amount each month to keep the sperm. When we complained to them about the content of the agreement and asked them to dispose of the sperm and refund the money they said we will consider your comments about the content of the sperm freezing agreement and that is it. Their behavior was like scammers, not a medical center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
I told the story of the sperm-freezing agreement.
Waltham

Dr Sneeringer was very down to earth and personable. I felt like I had known her for years... She treated us with respect and kindness at all times! She was so wonderful every step of the way!! She is optimistic and positive which is what you need if you need IVF treatment! She was also compassionate when we had our first miscarriage! She is the doctor you want on your team!!...I absolutely, 100%, recommend Dr Sneeringer!
Wendy [nurse at Boston IVF] was amazing from day one!! She was very knowledgeable and helpful! She responded to emails and phone calls promptly!...Every aspect of my experience was great!...Dr Sneeringer was very down to earth and personable. I felt like I had known her for years... She treated us with respect and kindness at all times!She was so wonderful every step of the way!!
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I absolutely, 100%, recommend Dr Sneeringer! She was a miracle worker as far as I’m concerned. She treated us with respect and kindness at all times! She was so wonderful every step of the way!! She is optimistic and positive which is what you need if you need IVF treatment! She was also compassionate when we had our first miscarriage! She is the doctor you want on your team!!
Trust her! She knows what she is talking about!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Craw (amazing))
Wendy was amazing from day one!! She was very knowledgeable and helpful! She responded to emails and phone calls promptly!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Every aspect of my experience was great! I had a very bad experience at Fertility Solutions so I was very hesitant at first. From the beginning, Dr Sneeringer and her nurse, Wendy, were amazing to us. We knew we made the right choice! The course of treatment worked because we now have 6 month twins!! We are very thankful and appreciative!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
Expensive. We had to pay out of pocket for everything. Insurance did not cover anything for us.
Waltham

[Dr. Rita Sneeringer] was very personable, patient and sympathetic towards our situation. She was extremely knowledgeable and approached each meeting with customized recommendations based on our preferences, and how my body was responding to treatment...We felt completely comfortable and confident in her plan of action. We had A LOT of questions and she was extremely patient. We can’t say enough great things about her. I’ve already recommended her to several friends and coworkers.
We did a freeze all egg retrieval, phs testing and fet [at Boston IVF]...Clinic strengths: organized, atmosphere is nice, clean, staff is friendly Clinic weaknesses: typically a little slow, road clinic is on has major pot holes- more of just a general commuting annoyance...Schedule your initial appointment sooner rather than later...books up quickly...Dr Sneeringer was very personable, patient and sympathetic towards our situation. She was extremely knowledgeable and approached each meeting with customized recommendations based on our preferences, and how my body was responding to treatment.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Schedule your initial appointment sooner rather than later. She books up quickly.
We did a freeze all egg retrieval, phs testing and fet
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic strengths: organized, atmosphere is nice, clean, staff is friendly Clinic weaknesses: typically a little slow, road clinic is on has major pot holes- more of just a general commuting annoyance Nothing else to share here
Waltham

We had a horrible experience with Dr Alper! After failed IUIs, we did an IVF cycle where 21 eggs were retrieved and only one embryo came out of it due to poor quality eggs from his set protocol. He also did not put me on metformin despite my pcos. When we met to review, he said he wouldn’t change my protocol going forward. We switched to CCrM Boston with Dr Zimon and got 11 embryos and I’m not currently pregnant. Please don’t waste your time with him!
Boston ivf is like a factory but you get in and out quick for ultrasounds. You also get a random doctor doing your retrieval and transfer. Ultrasounds are done by techs rather than the doctors themselves (like CCrM Boston).... Nursing staff was really responsive and great!!... Very basic pre set protocol with dosing. I was on gonal-f and certitude. Trigger was ovidrel.... He follows pre-set protocols and does not adjust medications or care plans based on your situation.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Run!
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nursing staff was really responsive and great!!
Waltham
He [Dr. Ryley] is the best and very helpful...was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality. He was correct...He was very upbeat and positive, he gave me the reassurance I needed...explained everything to me so I could understand...He was calm and helped me stay calm...He was reassuring during my embryo transfer.
I love this clinic [Boston IVF]! Everything was perfect...Everyone is helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed...The nurses are nice...I loved how I was always listened to and no question seemed silly...They always valued my thoughts...He [Dr. Ryley] is the best and very helpful...was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He was extremely tentative and explained everything to me so I could understand He was calm and helped me stay calm He was very positive He was reassuring during my embryo transfer. He explained everything as he did it and made sure the nurses with him knew his every move Lots of communication
He is the best and very helpful
He was very upbeat and positive, he gave me the reassurance I needed
Amazing
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love this clinic! Everything was perfect Everyone is helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed The nurses are nice and they at there to make the visits easier I loved how I was always listened to and no question seemed silly They always valued my thoughts
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
Expensive thank goodness for health insurance
He was very adamant about using one embryo versus two, I only had two and he was sure that one was enough because it was of great quality. He was correct
Waltham

[The nurses at Boston IVF were] Very compassionate and kind...Sometimes appointments are booked far out, but their treatment is worth it. Be open to different paths that will change during the process. The people do do the ultrasounds and blood draws are super friendly!...She [Dr. Thornton] never rushed conversations...Extremely knowledgeable, easy to talk to and gave us choices. We always felt like we had a say in the changes to the plans. She was very thorough. Sometimes getting an follow up appointment was hard because she is so busy. I missed a cycle because of it. Not sure if that was her schedulers fault though.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
She never rushed conversations
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Very compassionate and kind.
Kim L. Thornton

2015 - 2018, Successful
[Dr. Sneeringer has] Excellent bed side manner, very understanding and knowledgeable. Takes her time to address any issues or concerns. Does not make you feel rushed and is empathetic to your specific situation...Willingness to be available to discuss any issues/concerns. Quick to respond to emails and phone calls...Patient when your acting crazy on IVF meds. Kind and caring. Most importantly, created protocols that resulted in 2 ivf cycles and 2 healthy baby boys. I am forever grateful.
[Nurses at Boston IVF are] Always available, prompt via phone and email, understanding and patient, excellent bed side manner, easy to talk to/good communication, personable, kind, caring and knowledgeable. Takes the time to make sure you understand everything...It was relatively quick. I was usually seen immediately...Easy to make an appt however sometimes they have booked up in advance. The staff is great about calling if there has been a cancellation. The environment is modern, welcoming and clean. All front desk and registration staff are really friendly.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Exceptional bed side manner. Willingness to be available to discuss any issues/concerns. Quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Empathetic to my situation. Understanding and knowledgeable. Patient when your acting crazy on IVF meds. Kind and caring. Most importantly, created protocols that resulted in 2 ivf cycles and 2 healthy baby boys. I am forever grateful.
Don’t wait any longer! The answers you’re seeking are with her!
Ivf fresh cycle: injectables: gonal f, ganirelix, ovidrel and crinone progesterone. FET cycle: estrace, estrogen patches and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
It was relatively quick. I was usually seen immediately.
It was covered by insurance. I had to pay a copay at each visit and for medications.
I had a mu
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Digirolamo created a warm and welcoming environment, which help with the stress of not knowing what to expect, durning the consultation. She was compassionate and empathy to my needs, addressing my concerns and answering all questions. She is very knowledgeable and explained everything in detail regarding what I would be experiencing, testing, medicine, cost of the procedure and potential outcomes.
Nursing staff [at Boston IVF- Waltham] was very professional, efficient, knowledgeable and follow up with you regarding up coming appointments and procedures.... Everyone listen to concerns and answer my questions with compassion and empathy. They explain the truth regarding my situation, with solution and options. My doctor was very knowledgeable as well as her team and the follow up was excellent.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Come prepared to ask as many questions as you want. Do not hold back, she will ensure you leave knowing and feeling more comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nursing staff was very professional, efficient, knowledgeable and follow up with you regarding up coming appointments and procedures.
Carla DiGirolamo
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he [Dr Alan Penzias] was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.... lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected... [Boston IVF- Waltham is a] Huge clinic which could be a strength since they have lots of experience, but also you may see other docs for the procedures. People are generally friendly. There is also a well being center on site for acupuncture/counseling (although we never utilized it). Because of how large the practice is, it was easier to find times which worked with my schedule.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Lots of experience, lots of evidence based medicine---he was able to answer my questions with trials/studies. The clinic is massive, so you often have different docs for procedures. In general a very nice man who is helpful and open.
Took plenty of time to explain things to us
lupron flare for DOR. Decent results for what we expected
busy but generally helpful
MA has great coverage

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Sneeringer] is incredibly caring, but also very straight forward. Most of our conversations involved laughter, honesty and she always clearly communicated with me what the next steps were...IVF can be brutal and Rita's wonderful personality, candid demeanor and sense of humor were a great reprieve from the hardships of IVF. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
Meg [nurse at Boston IVF] was terrible at returning phone calls, getting on the phone and she never explained anything. She just automatically assumed you knew what she was talking about. If i hadn't liked [Dr. Sneeringer] so much, i would have left BIVF...Egg donation coordinator is awful and so loud. You get a headache just trying tu talk to her. Financial coordinator is nice enough, but could user better organization skills. Other nursing staff, front desk lady we're all super nice.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Rita was a recommendation from a girlfriend of mine and I am so grateful that she passed along Rita's name. IVF can be brutal and Rita's wonderful personality, candid demeanor and sense of humor were a great reprieve from the hardships of IVF. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
Trust her
Rita is incredibly caring, but also very straight forward. Most of our conversations involved laughter, honesty and she always clearly communicated with me what the next steps were.
No clue
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg Kennedy)
Meg was terrible at returning phone calls, getting on the phone and she never explained anything. She just automatically assumed you knew what she was talking about. If i hadn't liked Rita so much, i would have left BIVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
First cycle covered by insurance. Donor cycle was OOO.
We wanted just one child, so we transferred one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Honestly, I've blocked most of it out to save my sanity. They need some better administrators in there though.
Waltham

She [Dr. Carla DiGirolamo] is very straight forward with information, but also explains everything well. Interactions with her are limited. Her personality isn’t very warm, but you can still tell she does care an did compassionate about what you’re going through. She doesnt seem to be open to my suggestions sometime as I’m not a healthcare professional. She recently emailed to check on me during the pandemic which was surprising, but very nice and thoughtful!
Their [Boston IVF] online portal need a lot of help. I wish they would utilize it more to get information to their patients quicker. They are clean and organized. Their method of sign in is good if it’s looked at carefully by the nurses (I’ve been skipped before). Everyone I’ve interacted with at both locations have been very warm and helpful...No one checked in on me and how i was doing during and after each cycles result.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
She is very straight forward with information, but also explains everything well. Interactions with her are limited. Her personality isn’t very warm, but you can still tell she does care an did compassionate about what you’re going through. She doesnt seem to be open to my suggestions sometime as I’m not a healthcare professional. She recently emailed to check on me during the pandemic which was surprising, but very nice and thoughtful!
Don’t let your initial reaction to her personality steer you away. She does know what she is doing and she does care, even if it can seem like she doesn’t.
I only got to speak with her twice in the last few months. No one checked in on me and how i was doing during and after each cycles result.
We were given a treatment plan of injections and IUI procedure. Cd 3 start Gonal-F, ultrasound scans and bloodwork every other day, once follicles we’re mature take Ovidrel (trigger shot) then scheduled IUI. We did this twice with a negative result. We were set to try a 3rd time but the pandemic happened. The reason for 3 was insurance purposes. She said she felt confident that we would have good results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Brynna )
She is very compassionate and takes the time to answer all questions. She also calls back in timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Their online portal need a lot of help. I wish they would utilize it more to get information to their patients quicker. They are clean and organized. Their method of sign in is good if it’s looked at carefully by the nurses (I’ve been skipped before). Everyone I’ve interacted with at both locations have been very warm and helpful.
Consultation cost us $150.00 out of pocket. Each medication was $30 per refill/per drug. I haven’t received full billing amount for all cycles yet.
Westborough