6.6

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

I was really impressed w/ the clinic [Boston IVF] overall. This is all they do and they are clearly expert...Dr Sneeringer was aggressive (which is what I was looking for) and yet remained completely approachable throughout the process. She took time to answer all of my questions and made sure we were comfortable with what we were doing and why...I came to see Dr. Sneeringer after 3 cycles w/ another practice. She diagnosed the issue right away (my eggs weren't maturing) and devised a plan to fix this issue by increasing my medicated cycle. Perhaps it was a fresh pair of eyes, but the results for #4, the cycle w/ Dr. Sneeringer, were by far better than the previous 3. I had 2 embryos implanted and both took and we save a 3rd embryo in cryo. The results were fantastic.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Sneeringer was clearly smart and experienced - she demonstrated that she was keeping up on treatment evolutions and clearly had spent time reviewing my history. She was also highly approachable and warm, which was a great combination for me personally. I was able to get all of my questions answered, which gave me confidence, and still felt like a person, which made it bearable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Set up an appointment. Dr. Sneeringer was great and I wish I had found her when I first started!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
While you pick a practice for your physician, you end up interacting w/ the nurse much more frequently. Meg was patient and on top of it - I'd choose her again
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I was really impressed w/ the clinic overall. This is all they do and they are clearly expert.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Sneeringer explained the risks and potential outcomes and ultimately let me make the choice.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
We were informed by Dr. Zimon that our chances would not improve if we were to transfer more than one egg. We were better off freezing the left overs to do frozen cycles...She had great ‘bed side manner.’...Dr. Zimon has NEVER mentioned she thought we had an egg issue. We had gone through SIX of our insurance covered IVF rounds at this point without knowing about this supposed egg issue.
The nurses team [at Boston IVF] is their biggest strength in my opinion! Not being able to call the clinic if you are stuck in traffic and going to be late for your 7am transfer because it is only a call service is a downfall...Not being informed I had an egg quality issue was a big issue. However, I feel that is solely on Dr. Zimon...All was covered under our insurance except for acupuncture that was suggested.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
We felt very comfortable with Dr. Zimon. We thought she was the best choice for our fertility needs! Until she quit the practice without notice one day before our sixth round of IVF started. We went with the flow and wished the best for her. Clearly she found greener pastures and we were happy for her. We were disappointed in not being informed by her and given a course of action for our next steps, but again trying to keep positive thoughts... After our sixth round failed, the doctor who we got swapped to told us they understood now why are. Zimon has told us we had an egg issue. However, Dr. Zimon has NEVER mentioned she thought we had an egg issue. We had gone through SIX of our insurance covered IVF rounds at this point without knowing about this supposed egg issue. Unfortunately, we did not walk away with a child and if we had known we had an egg issue, maybe we would have made a few different choices. Was Dr. Zimon great and nice? Absolutely!! But we trusted her to tell us everything to make sure we walked away with a baby. That did not happen and now we question absolutely everything that is said to us and unfortunately have no more covered treatments and are forced to pay completely out of pocket if we wish to go forward with egg donation. Which wells never even a thought since we had no idea it should be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Ask questions and for second opinions!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She had great ‘bed side manner.’ We felt very comfortable with her and the way she spoke with us. We always felt like she was telling us what was in our best interests and what would be the best results for a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
AMAZING!! The nurses at Boston IVF were the reason we continued with the clinic after Dr. Zimon left. There were the reason we drove, sometimes, over two hours for testing. They make Boston IVF!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The nurses team is their biggest strength in my opinion! Not being able to call the clinic if you are stuck in traffic and going to be late for your 7am transfer because it is only a call service is a downfall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
All was covered under our insurance except for acupuncture that was suggested.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Alison Zimon

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Alper was very compassionate and knowledgeable with the process. He was very kind and explained the process thoroughly. He also went above and beyond with testing during our recurrent losses. He is very busy and clearly has a heavy case load, which made us feel like just a number rather than a personal experience. This was a downside.
For one of the IUIs [at Boston IVF], I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
If you are looking to feel like he genuinely knows your case, this is not the doctor for you. He is a great doctor, but doesn’t know he patients well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Dr Alper clearly has a stellar reputation and sees many patients. He is also the coowner of BIVF, and goes to several of their locations. Because of this, we felt he didn’t know our case in detail. While sitting with him in the office, he would refer back to the computer with our information even on basic Information. I would have appreciated him studying up even briefly, prior to meeting with us. This is what made us feel like just another patient.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We knew, due to bloodwork, my amh level was low. Due to this we started at a higher gonalF level right from the beginning. Midcycle, he noticed I still wasn’t respond the way he wanted and upped the dosage. I liked that he made this adjustment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Again, due to the size of this clinic there are many people handling your case. Some of the time, we heard from the primary nurse, however it was hearing from different people that we found challenegjng because they again didn’t know the fine details of our specific case. We had to explain and re-explain ourselves often.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Being a large clinic has its strengths and weaknesses. They have a high success rate, have incredibly high standards, and have many resources available. The staff we worked with unfortunately did not take the time to know our case thoroughly, in our opinion due to their high volume, leaving us feeling like we were just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Fortunately most of our treatments (and medications) were covered by my insurance.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He is pretty firm on transferring one embryo at a time, even into your 30s. He stated several times that multiple embryo transfer on increases your chance of twins, not a pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
For one of the IUIs, I had triggered and we were scheduled to go in for the semen drop off/ IUI. Timing is crucial, and when my husband showed up to drop off his sample, no one was there (we were at the Worcester office). We called many times, but it was before hours and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. This office is shared with an ultrasound so they fortunately had a number to call. We were over 2 hours past the “go time” for the IUI. They redeemed themselves by showing the actual sample and that it hadn’t effected anything. This left us feeling like they didn’t care or could not be trusted.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I had a positive experience with Dr. Sneeringer. I felt she listened and gave thorough explanations for both procedures and the reasoning behind it. She was compassionate and supportive. Ultimately though, I interacted with her nurses on a more daily basis. I would see Dr. Sneeringer to follow up and go over results, but my day to day treatment (injections, monitoring, etc) were done by the support staff... I wasn't getting (or perhaps just wasn't understanding) the information about the protocols.
The people at the clinic [Boston IVF], because they do this every day, would talk about procedures or results like I should already know what they were talking about. A lot of times, though, I didn't, which was very frustrating...I was not crazy about my experience with [Nurse] Carol. I felt she was very scattered and rushed, and I never really understood what was coming next. I asked a lot of questions and I started to feel like she thought I was taking up too much of her time.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
To really make sure that you are comfortable with the support staff, since that's who you'll be interacting with on a regular basis.
The first cycle was the hardest, because I felt like I didn't understand exactly what was going on. The people at the clinic, because they do this every day, would talk about procedures or results like I should already know what they were talking about. A lot of times, though, I didn't, which was very frustrating.
Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics of my protocols. I went through one IUI and three unsuccessful cycles of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: They were two- Meg and Carol)
I was not crazy about my experience with Carol. I felt she was very scattered and rushed, and I never really understood what was coming next. I asked a lot of questions and I started to feel like she thought I was taking up too much of her time. I do want to add that those feelings were from my first cycle, which was all new and very overwhelming. I did two more cycles after that and had a much better experience with her. I don't know if that was because she improved or because I already had a basic idea of what to expect, or both.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The front desk staff are great, as are the phlebotomists and the ultrasound techs- these are the people that you see on a regular basis. The hours of the clinic were good- during the monitoring period I could have my blood and ultrasounds done starting at 6am so I didn't have to miss work, which was VERY helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
I was very fortunate that our insurance covered almost everything but the genetic testing, which I believe was around $2000.
We chose to transfer one embryo at a time, as my husband was terrified of multiples. Our egg harvesting was not great, so after genetic testing we generally only had one viable embryo anyway.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Nothing specific- it was mainly feeling like I wasn't getting (or perhaps just wasn't understanding) the information about the protocols.
Waltham

Dr Penzias really spent time talking about my unique situation (unicornuate uterus) and reassured me that pregnancy was achievable with my own eggs. He appreciated my need to have as much information as possible and never made me feel as if I was being stupid or asking too many questions. In fact he told me to always call if I had any questions. He said that something that could keep me awake for days could be answered in two minutes so to always call. After consults with him I sometimes thought of another question and he would always pick up, tell me it was a good question and answer it thoughtfully. He's a nice man, very factual but with a good bedside manner and a reassuring smile!
I wasn't called back after a follicle monitoring appointment. It was my PGD cycle and I knew that my protocol was unlikely to change and that I was in a bad cell phone signal area. That said nobody left a message and when I finally got hold of the out of hours Doctor they were very apologetic. Turns out my phone wasn't taking messages. They do however have my email address and were never slow to send me billing emails so I was annoyed by this.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr Penzias was a great RE. I feel he had a lot of experience and was still ready to try new approaches. He did an ERA for me when nobody had really heard of it. In fact my sample was sent to Spain for analysis! He did the killer cells test at my request even though at that point I had not had a miscarriage. He asked my opinion on whether I would prefer a controlled or natural cycle transfer and then discussed why he thought my choice was the one he would have recommended. I felt as in control as you can in an out of control process! He didn't do all of my transfers or retrievals but controlled all of my cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Ask questions. He has a factual rapid fire way of giving facts. Don't be scared to ask him to repeat or elaborate. Take notes if you need to!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did estrogen priming followed by menopur and follistim (aka gonal f) I did Ivf 3 times and each time my doses were increased as my age also increased. My final and successful cycle I was taking 525 follistim which is very high but it did the trick. As follicles reached their size I took cetrotide to stop ovulation followed by Ovidrel. My protocol did not change but my doses always did. I always got more than 8 eggs and many made it to day 5 each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tanner)
I felt Sarah Tanner was a wonderful nurse. She was compassionate when delivering bad news and kind. When she had good news I could hear the excitement in her tone. She was excellent at returning calls promptly. I had a different nurse for my PGD and she was awful. Terrible at returning calls, I had to call Sarah Tanner frequently to get info. Once she failed to call me back to tell me if my protocol had changed. I had to call out of hours to get the information.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston Ivf is a well oiled machine. You may feel like cattle but for me I liked that this is all they do. I love that they have satellite offices so I didn't always have to drive to Waltham. The PGD nurse I had wasn't good at calling back and nor was she compassionate. Find out the name of the nurse who works for your RE and call him/her if you're not getting answers from the PGD Coordinator. I didn't love the financial department either. Check your bills. They seemed to have some glitches there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
Around 10,00 for a round of Ivf plus meds. About $300 for FET
Describe Alan S. Penzias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I had to do eSET because I only have half a uterus so multiples can be high risk. When I had multiple negative tests we became more brave and transferred 2, then 3 embryos. When I did PGD testing and had a viable embryo we only transferred one
Waltham
Dr. Kim Thornton is a straight shooter and I respect that about her. She didn't sugarcoat anything just to make us feel better, and I appreciated that. She was direct, to the point, and pretty serious. There was no hand-holding. I felt that she had put the best plan together for my specific situation, and trusted her medical expertise...There wasn't one dedicated case manager or go-to person that we could contact. Even trying to reach the 'dedicated' nurse was a nightmare. If you called before 9am you got message that "you've reached the emergency phone number", and you couldn't leave a voicemail. If you called the same number after 9am, you spoke to 3 different people before you even got the Voicemail for the nurse...
Waltham clinic is the main facility. I live closer to the Worcester clinic so I had most of my blood tests/ultrasounds there. The receptionist in Worcester had no idea what was going on. The bloodwork in Worcester was a nightmare - last time I had to wait 1 hour to get my blood drawn, it was also a different person every single time which made me think they had trouble staffing it. The Waltham clinic seems to run like clockwork. My cycle was cancelled before egg retrieval, but all of my appointments there were on time.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Dr. Kim Thornton is a straight shooter and I respect that about her. She didn't sugarcoat anything just to make us feel better, and I appreciated that. She was direct, to the point, and pretty serious. There was no hand-holding. I felt that she had put the best plan together for my specific situation, and trusted her medical expertise. At 28, my FSH levels and AFC was that of a 40 year old, and she diagnosed me with Premature Ovarian Insufficiency - time was not on my side. She felt that we needed to move straight to IVF and not waste any time, so we went for it. I appreciated that she felt the same sort of urgency that if I was going to have my own healthy babies with my husband, it needed to be ASAP. I met with her twice. Once for the initial consult just before Christmas, and once again in Feb after all the diagnostic testing. My first IVF cycle started in April and after 8 days of stimulation it was abruptly cancelled (on a Saturday), because not enough estrogen was being produced. I trusted her expertise, and was instructed to call on Tuesday (after marathon Monday) to schedule followup consult. When I called on Tuesday, I was told that she was on vacation for the rest of the week, and the next available appointment was 8 days away. Not only was she on vacation, there were no other doctors available that could talk to us sooner, except the emergency on-call doctor, but that wasn't an option. As a patient undergoing something as extreme and sensitive as IVF, I'm shocked that my Doctor would go on vacation without a back-up. I'm also shocked that there was no professional courtesy to give us a heads up that she was going away during the most sensitive part of the cycle (days 7 - 16!!!) because that's the critical time for everything IVF related. I would have postponed it, or asked for another Dr to monitor the cycle. Not only that, but I'm also left wondering if my cycle was cancelled because it was inconvenient OR if there simply wasn't anybody there to monitor my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Ask about upcoming vacation days that may occur during your cycle. Be proactive and be an advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
If we hadn't pushed and been strong advocates for ourselves to move the process along, we would still be at square 1. There wasn't one dedicated case manager or go-to person that we could contact. Even trying to reach the 'dedicated' nurse was a nightmare. If you called before 9am you got message that "you've reached the emergency phone number", and you couldn't leave a voicemail. If you called the same number after 9am, you spoke to 3 different people before you even got the Voicemail for the nurse. And then you had to wait 2-3 hours to get a call back. Nobody checked on us during the first few days of injectable medication. Nobody made sure we knew how to mix the medicine, or inject it correctly, and our first appointment wasn't till 5 days later, so we ended up learning how to mix menopur on YouTube! Not the type of service I would have expected given the financial expense and level of intensity of the drugs.
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I'm 28, in-shape, besides my sub-fertility, I'm generally healthy. My husband and I were officially trying, but I wasn't getting my period. I went to see my OB after 6 months and he tested my blood work to see the thyroid/hormone levels. After that he referred me to Dr. Kim Thornton. She revealed that I wasn't ovulating at all, and my FSH was about 2x - 3x higher than it should be at 28. During preliminary ultrasound scans there were 8 antral follicles, not as many as there should have been for my age, but enough that she thought IVF was our best shot. She didn't want me to waste my time with Clomid or IUI. The goal was to stimulate the few follicles that I had with injectibles, and hope for high quality eggs. After diagnostic testing she prescribed levothyroxine to bring my Thyroid levels down. It was within the normal range, but was higher than ideal range for pregnancy, had me start the birth control pill, and start taking CoQ10 to help with egg quality. I continued taking a prenatal vitamin. Summary: Antagonist protocol 300iu Gonal F Redi-Pen and 150 Menopur during stimulation days 1 - 8. Cycle cancelled on stimulation day 8, not enough estrogen being produced. Stim day 6: Ultrasound + bloodwork 7am. Ultrasound technician wouldn't comment on anything. Nurse called around 1p and said that results showed 1 dominant follicle 10mm in left ovary and 2 - 4 small follicles in each. She also said estrogen was way too low and that my cycle may be cancelled, but for now Dr. Thornton wanted me to continue same dose of meds and come back for testing on stim day 8. Stim day 8: Ultrasound + bloodwork 8:30am. The ultrasound technician said there was nothing going on in the right ovary, but 1 dominant follicle 10-11mm and 10 follicles too small to measure in the left ovary. Nurse called around 1:30pm to say that the cycle had been cancelled, and to call on Tuesday to schedule followup meeting with Dr Thornton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
I dealt with 5 to 6 different nurses over 8 days. It's not a recipe for success. There should be 1 point person who is familiar with the patient, develops a relationship with the patient, understands their test results, and really advocates for their care, otherwise I'm just a number.
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
I liked that she was candid about the reality of our situation. Very compassionate in her approach. She gave us options at all stages and I felt she gave us good information for us to make informed decisions.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Ask if after business hours are available for consults.
Never rushed us-always willing to take as long as we needed during apts to answer our questions. Always took the time to try to explain complex medical jargon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
Meg was assigned to me halfway through my treatment-and she's been fabulous. The previous nurse had been extremely scatterbrained and not patient in explaining process, treatment steps, etc. Meg has been the complete opposite, and always is patient when explaining (and re-explaining) things to me. The one thing I think could be better is that since different staff handle different portions of the treatment, that sometimes I would have to speak to multiple people -and it would have been easier if theI ran responsibilities overlapped.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths: - early morning hours for monitoring appts. I.e. blood and ultrasound (before normal business hours) -appts for procedures and monitoring seemed to run extremely efficiently -in house notary -multiple Dr's available in clinic Weaknesses : - no early or late hours for Dr. Consults normally. -notary hours only during normal business hours. -billing for embryo storage was difficult to understand ( They bill you all at once -and only after questioning it, I was told I could pay monthly. Would have preferred to have had that clearly outlined in the billing) -
Costs were mostly covered by insurance

2013 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Alan Penzias] seemed to really care and celebrate our wins while keeping us motivated and encouraged during our losses...He explains things well and doesn’t give false hope. He is optimistic but truthful. He also genuinely seems happy when things go well and celebrates along with you...We did a day 5 transfer of two embryos...The next cycle we did a fet...When my lining was thick enough two embryos were transferred. I got pregnant with one baby and had my daughter from that cycle.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is really nice. The staff is all caring and the clinic is organized and clean. They manage to make a scary, stressful time as livable as possible. They also offer supplemental things like acupuncture an massages to help you relax...They [nurses] were all amazing. They make the process a little less stressful and make you feel like family...He [Dr. Alan Penzias] seemed to really care and celebrate our wins while keeping us motivated and encouraged during our losses
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias is a very caring doctor. He explains things well and doesn’t give false hope. He is optimistic but truthful. He also genuinely seems happy when things go well and celebrates along with you.
Listen to what he says and trust that he won’t steer you wrong.
He seemed to really care and celebrate our wins while keeping us motivated and encouraged during our losses.
We were told that Ivf with icsi was our only option because the count and motility was so low. For the ivf cycle I was put on birth control for one month. On day 3 I started final-f. I took that for a few days and was monitored. When the follicles were ready I was told when to take the hcg and when to come back for retrieval. The eggs were retrieved, fertilized and left to grow. We did a day 5 transfer of two embryos. That cycle ended in a negative pregnancy test. The next cycle we did a fet. I was put on a pill, I forgot the name, but it was to help my lining grow but keep me from ovulating I think. When my lining was thick enough two embryos were transferred. I got pregnant with one baby and had my daughter from that cycle. A year later the same thing was done but that ended in a negative test. The doctor thought my lining my have been too thick. The next cycle was the same protocol but that one ended with betas that didn’t double so I was told to stop taking meds. The last time things were done differently but I forgot that protocol. I took a pill and then transferred when the timing was right. That was our last two embryos and it resulted in my second daughter. Each transfer we transferred two embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
They were all amazing. They make the process a little less stressful and make you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is really nice. The staff is all caring and the clinic is organized and clean. They manage to make a scary, stressful time as livable as possible. They also offer supplemental things like acupuncture an massages to help you relax.
Thankfully most was covered by insurance. I think by the end of all of the cycles we paid around $5000 out of pocket.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Alper was very candid with the low chance of success of our initial treatment. He was also didn't push us toward the most invasive treatment for the first round. However, once we made the decision to move forward, it felt like we weren't his patients anymore and instead deposited on some sort of infertility procedure conveyor belt...Ask him to walk you through the process and his role once you make the decision to move forward. He was great at explaining the medical procedures and what they mean, but didn't tell us that the nurses basically did everything.
The place [Boston IVF] is set up to be calming and appears very organized. However once we decided to move forward with treatment I felt like a number. I left a message with his nurse that we wanted to move forward. Then all of a sudden the medication supplier contacted me out of nowhere-I didn't know they used a third party for the medication. After the set time, I left a message to schedule the procedure and was given a time. All throughout the actual treatment process I felt like now that I was moving forward with treatment with them, they didn't need to "woo" me any more.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Dr. Alper did a fantastic job when we were in the appointments explaining the tests, what our diagnosis meant and not rushing us to make a decision.
Clomid IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
When we went to our initial appointment, we met the nurse who worked with Dr. Alper. However, in the months that followed, we were passed from nurse to nurse. I would call and leave a message, but a different nurse would call me back.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The place is set up to be calming and appears very organized. However once we decided to move forward with treatment I felt like a number. I left a message with his nurse that we wanted to move forward. Then all of a sudden the medication supplier contacted me out of nowhere-I didn't know they used a third party for the medication. After the set time, I left a message to schedule the procedure and was given a time. All throughout the actual treatment process I felt like now that I was moving forward with treatment with them, they didn't need to "woo" me any more.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
None-Insurance covered the treadment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Information was conveyed in my description of the clinic.
2015, Successful
He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do.
In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor... I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do... Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer was great. I'm a very informed patient (and a RN) and Dr. Bayer always was on the same page with what I was thinking. He was incredibly thorough in his testing, and because of his desire to probe things that weren't quite right, was able to diagnose several issues, including a uterine septum, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed and potentially resulted in a miscarriage. He was very nice and attentive. In opposition to other clinics, the REs at Boston IVF do not do their own monitoring (techs and phlebotomists do it) and retrievals and transfers are done by the doctor on-call and not necessarily your doctor. I heard from my nurse after each appt and only met with Dr. Bayer for wtf appointments or by request. I ended up switching clinics purely because I wanted further testing and to add HGH to my protocol, which Boston IVF does not do. As far as my protocol, Dr. Bayer prescribed the same one as my now current RE. Boston IVF practices very sound medicine, but they aren't very open-minded towards "out-of-the-box" treatments, such as HGH or EFT/E-tegrity tests. This was no fault of Dr. Bayers and I would gladly go back to him if we pursue DE.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
I would give this advice regardless of the RE - educate yourself!! You cannot have an educated discussion with any health care provider unless you know what you are talking about and what your options are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Everyone was nice and accessible.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Normal CD3 testing with HSG (yielded Celiac Disease dx and DOR), since I have a tilted uterus he wasn't happy with the view of my ute he got with the HSG and sent me for a 3D saline sono (yielded endometrioma and potential septum), sent me to surgical OB for hysteroscopy and confirmed septum. Surgical hysteroscopy and lap for septum and endo removal. Antagonist protocol with bcp prep = 7R, 6M, 4F - 3dt of 1 7-cell HIP embryo = BFN Antagonist protocol with EPP = 7R, 3F - 3dt of 8-cell HIP and 10-cell = c/p (added CoQ10 after IVF #1) Then switched clinics for more testing and use of different cycle tools such as HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
All of the nurses were great. When my first cycle failed I got a call on a Saturday from an unknown nurse and she was so genuinely sad for my BFN. The manager is also awesome. I did not have a negative experience with any staff member.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic in Waltham with surgery center and Domar Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Insurance coverage.

2009 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer...She explained everything clearly, including treatment strategies. She was compassionate and relatable. Every step of the way I felt she was making decisions based on current research and my unique situation....She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Strength [of Boston IVF]: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion....The Post Op nurses (for egg retrieval) as well as the phlebotomists were so compassionate and wonderful. I felt nurtured and they helped keep spirits up. What a great team. I found myself thinking, "It takes a village to make a baby".
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer.
She was very caring, empathic, and smart. She always took the time to listen, understand, and explain.
Given my age we decided quantity might be necessary as quality might not be there. I did respond very well to the meds and produced lots of eggs. The last time (successful cycle) she stimmed a bit more slowly and we got more high quality graded embryos. She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strength: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion.
My insurance covered everything but I have phenomenal insurance and live in Massachusetts where laws force insurance companies to cover infertility treatments. Not sure this is applicable to most people.
2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved... He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive.
[The nurse at Boston IVF - RSC - Waltham] was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding....Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA...It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember [more about the clinic].
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive. Encouraged us to do a mind/body program at Harvard which was happening in 2001.
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved but we found out we were pregnant (naturally or post IVF cycle, who really knows?) and didn't need to go that far. He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...
This was a long time ago. I know that I did 3 cycles of chlomid with my ob/gyn and then she referred us out. On the 3rd IUI cycle in 1998, we got pregnant and had a child in 1999 (after a chemical pregnancy the month before). 2 years late we went back and after 3 failed IUI cycles, we did 3 IVF cycles, None worked, but the following month after the IVF cycle, we were pregnant (we had been approved for a GIFT cycle and were pursuing adoption).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
I don't remember the name, but she was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember. Also they moved towards the end of my treatment.
Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA
He was willing to put in a few embyos based on our comfort level with multiples

2015 - 2018, Successful
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET...She was extremely approachable, happy to discuss any questions I had. Understood the thought processes that had lead to these decisions...She was friendly and warm but also professional and competent. I felt very confident that she knew what she was doing and was very good at her job. She answered all my questions and I didn't feel like she was running any unnecessary tests. I had a great experience.
[Boston IVF is a] Lovely facility, liked the fact that they had acupuncture/holistic medicine options if you were so inclined. Very flexible appointments with offices at other sites able to do some of the testing. The car park was a little small but that's about it...It was very easy to get hold of the nurse, she responded to messages left for her in a very timely manner. She clearly understood the process very well but also was able to check with the doctor if she wasn't sure of something...Efficient well oiled machine, I usually opted for early morning appointments before work so I was usually the first or second patient. They brought me in quickly, were friendly and helpful. I never had any trouble scheduling appointments
go and see her
Don't remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Don't remember
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET
Waltham

Dr. Kim Thornton was easy to communicate with, was very knowledgeable and adjusted the course of treatment based on my timeline, needs and insurance restrictions. She treated me like a person and was easy to talk to...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
[Boston IVF is a] Very professional and well-known clinic. All staff members were very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Clinic can feel a little commercial at times and less personable than smaller clinics but you cannot argue with their results...My assigned nurse was easy to communicate with and returned phone calls promptly...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Dr. Kim Thornton is very experienced and has a lot of practice treating infertility issues.
Every visit I have had Dr. Thorton has been very well prepared and it was clear that she took the time to review my file and my situation prior to the appointment.
We had already had frozen eggs being stored so the treatment protocol was fairly straight forward. She put me on birth control for 6-8 weeks to regulate my cycles and finish testing. When that was completed we started estrogen patches and pills. The next step is an ultrasound and blood work and depending on the outcome we will be discussing the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF.
Most of my procedures have been covered by my insurance minus my co-pay and out of pocket expenses. Costs of treatments vary.
Describe Kim L. Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Waltham
Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on...my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties...will always be so thorough and clear for you...treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us.
[Boston IVF is a] Great place to take this journey with. Staff is outstanding and incredibly knowledgeable and supportive. The clinic caters to the individual and their families needs. A weakness may be that appointment times could stand to be a bit longer...The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle...The nurses are professional and timely... Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
As a patient, my experience with Dr. Wright has been outstanding. For example, my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties. As a patient, my journey as been quite tumultuous. Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Ask questions! Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Dr. Wright treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us. She shows this by always making warm eye contact, considering and listening to our questions, and easing anxieties. I lost my right tube to an ectopic pregnancy in June. My wife and I were devastated. Aside from the emotional and physical pain endured, this was financially debilitating. Dr. Wright understood our frustrations with grace and continues to work towards our next steps in family planning. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Maryann and Barbara Soto, Brenda)
Amazing. The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The nurses are professional and timely.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
Kristen Wright
Waltham

He [Dr. Alan Penzias] was wonderful. He called me on my second cycle when I had 8 good embryos on day 3- and then none made it to day 5/6. He was positive that I had a good chance and should try again and that it was a numbers game. I was quite upset and I thought he was great at explaining things...e2-antagonist because I was DOR and it worked in that I had a decent number of eggs retrieved. I liked the idea of freezing embryos and doing a transfer later
I thought Dr Penzias was outstanding and I am happy he is my doctor. The clinic [Boston IVF] is big and due to the nature you only see your doctor at office appointments to go over results/next plan- and he calls. I wish in a way I saw him at a retrieval and I wish on my last round where I had so many eggs that we talked about a 3 day transfer given my age...The monitoring site was amazing with incredible staff in Providence Ri! They were incredibly caring, professional and generally a cheering squad
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
I thought Dr Penzias was outstanding and I am happy he is my doctor. The clinic is big and due to the nature you only see your doctor at office appointments to go over results/next plan- and he calls. I wish in a way I saw him at a retrieval and I wish on my last round where I had so many eggs that we talked about a 3 day transfer given my age
Ask questions- I didn't and go in prepared
He was wonderful. He called me on my second cycle when I had 8 good embryos on day 3- and then none made it to day 5/6. He was positive that I had a good chance and should try again and that it was a numbers game. I was quite upset and I thought he was great at explaining things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
The nurses at the egg retrieval were amazing!!!!!!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It was a distance from where I lived so I used a remote monitoring center -they were fantastic but it felt like things weren't well connected all of the time. I liked all of the people though
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
$15,000 out of pocket per time and I did it twice so far
I wish I had also considered a 3 day transfer
Waltham
I felt like a human because the doctor [Dr. Berger] was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf...I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to...He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf...I requested to transfer two in hopes of a higher chance of pregnancy and I ended up with twins!!...
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic [Boston IVF] is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!...Every time I called with a question they [nurses] would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to. He was very positive that I would really benefit from a round of ivf. He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf.
Trust him. I’m sure women going through infertility issues think this isn’t going to work either it’s just going to be a way for the doctor to get money. But it’s not it’s really works it gives you hope of haven’t a family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I felt like a human because the doctor was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Every time I called with a question they would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My husbands insurance did not pay for any fertility treatments so we had to wait another year for open enrollment with my job. Once that was taken care of i has $10,000 for treatment and $10,000 for medications but it was only once per lifetime. Once I ran out I would have to pay out of pocket.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Brian Berger

2015, Successful
Dr. Sneeringer was both candid and kind -- exactly what I like to see in a doctor. She never minimized our struggles, but she was also very realistic about statistics. She also always had a game plan in mind. She's an extremely capable RE.
I thought the clinic [Boston IVF in Waltham] was great. The only criticism I have is about other patients. Some are insensitive and will bring children into the main clinic waiting area, when there is a separate family waiting area. I would appreciate it if the clinic enforced the rule that kids should be in the family waiting area. When you're in the infertility trenches, it's really hard to be surrounded by smiling babies. Some parents are also inconsiderate and allow their kids to run around, yelling and bumping into other patients.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Sneeringer approached us with empathy and understanding. She was also candid and straightforward about the realities of our situation. She struck a perfect balance in my opinion -- she didn't sugar-coat things, but she always made us feel that we were being heard, and she always looked for new solutions.
Dr. Sneeringer is a highly knowledgable and capable RE. It's rare for treatment plans to work perfectly the first time, but that is not a reflection on the doctor. The key is finding a doctor who is willing to brainstorm solutions and who will use your past results to adjust your treatment. I think she's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg Kennedy and, for PGS, Carol Lesser)
Meg and Carol were great -- very compassionate and knowledgable. I felt I could rely on them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I thought the clinic was great. The only criticism I have is about other patients. Some are insensitive and will bring children into the main clinic waiting area, when there is a separate family waiting area. I would appreciate it if the clinic enforced the rule that kids should be in the family waiting area. When you're in the infertility trenches, it's really hard to be surrounded by smiling babies. Some parents are also inconsiderate and allow their kids to run around, yelling and bumping into other patients.
Waltham

Dr. Ryley made personal connections with both myself and my husband. He remembered non-medical aspects of our lives and we genuinely enjoyed every visit we had with him. He also called to check in personally after big news (good or bad). He once went above and beyond to squeeze me in for a surgery the day he’d be in the OR so I wouldn’t need to wait 4+ weeks until our next cycle. We loved him!
Most monitoring and surgeries were at the Boston IVF clinic in Waltham. No complaints - it is a quiet, clean facility and I always found the staff very nice and helpful. The Boston office (more for consults) is beautiful. Parking downtown can be pricey but worth every penny for the care you receive.... Jess was WONDERFUL! She answered countless calls with patience, compassion, and a genuinely positive attitude.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was warm, compassionate, and understanding. He took the failures and setbacks as hard as we did. He provided both statistics as well as his own experience so we knew the range of things to expect with each step. We always felt like he was on our team, rooting for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
You are your own best advocate, but you will feel like you have another fighter on your team with Dr. Ryley.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jess)
Waltham

[Nurses at Boston IVF were] Amazing! Super organized and excellent communication and got my prescriptions ordered and things scheduled very efficiently and without mistakes. When I had bleeding she was reassuring. She was genuinely excited for our success...A large operation but very professional and organized...He [Dr. Penzias] didn’t rely exclusively on statistics and he never focused on my age. He believed that we could be successful...He helped us make challenging decisions about which and how many embryos to transfer, whether to freeze or do PGS; He was very thorough and was willing to collaborate with Dr. Braverman (where other REs were not)...It’s worth driving to see him- we drove over an hour and a half to see him and it was completely worth it.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He didn’t rely exclusively on statistics and he never focused on my age. He believed that we could be successful.
Routine protocol for lead in with a estrogen patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A large operation but very professional and organized but 8 can only speak to this doctor and nurse. I saw another doctor at their satellite office near me who I had a negative experience with. I would only recommend this doctor (as opposed to the entire clinic).
Thankfully all covered by insurance except for the last transfer-$4K
Waltham

Strengths: unintimidating, kind, very knowledgeable, able to explain things to a non-medical person in easy terms. Didn’t feel rushed during my appointments, and it is clear that he valued his staff and seemed to have a mutual appreciation and respect for each other. Weaknesses: could be a bit warmer. ... Dr. Alper was warm and remembered details about me. He likely reviewed them right before I entered the room, but I consider that fair. While it is a big operation, it felt no less impersonal than any other doctors I have seen.
It [Boston IVF] is very large and runs like a well oiled machine. To some this could feel impersonal, but I appreciated that everything was so well organized and everything ran on time. It made me feel confident in the clinic. ... Bonnie is Dr. Alper’s Nurse. She is very responsive and friendly. ... He [Dr. Alper] recommended I transfer only one, especially as I had chosen to do PGS. I was fully on board with this strategy
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Take notes or ask him to write down notes for you as you discuss. He made me some great notes and diagrams that helped me to remember everything later
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
Bonnie is Dr. Alper’s Nurse. She is very responsive and friendly.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It is very large and runs like a well oiled machine. To some this could feel impersonal, but I appreciated that everything was so well organized and everything ran on time. It made me feel confident in the clinic.
He recommended I transfer only one, especially as I had chosen to do PGS. I was fully on board with this strategy
Waltham

Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed....I only recently underwent testing to determine my ovarian reserve, hormone levels, etc. I have only had one cycle of IUI so far.
The clinic [Boston IVF] seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable...The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan. I am still undergoing treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Write down all of your questions in advance so you remember everything you want to ask her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
The costs were covered by insurance after I met my deductible. The cost seemed reasonable compared to other fertility clinics.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I don’t have a comment on this.
Carla DiGirolamo
Waltham
He was very optimistic but not blindly so. He was very friendly and made a sad and uncomfortable process much easier. He talked to us like humans and made me more optimistic than my previously two failed transfers... With my previous doctor i felt like a number but with Dr ryley i felt like he truly cared about me and was very personable... He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/... He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they [Boston IVF] have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very kind and has great compassion and warmth for patients
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They treated me a little mord like a number and i know they have a lot of patients but they could have been more organized maybe by hiring more nurses
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I do not remember
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None. He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just not ordering the blood test that they told me they had ordered

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Bayer] would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared...cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
Amanda, Julia and Dawn [nurses at Boston IVF] were all contacts at one point and were very responsive...The clinic was very clean, easily accessible for even out of state patients, and had ample parking. They also offered beverages and had a good waiting room. They were timely. Front staff was helpful...I’m glad he [Dr. Steven Bayer] did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
You will love him. He will make you feel at ease.
He would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared.
Progesterone IM every 3 days, two pills of estrodial vaginally twice a day, and progesterone vaginally twice a day. Then we did the transfer two embryos each time. First pregnancy with him was a singleton, second was triplets.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda, Julia and Dawn were all contacts at one point and were very responsive.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
I did not handle finances
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I’m glad he did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
Waltham

Dr. Penzias is a kind, gentle man. He often reminded me he was on our team and there to support us. He is very knowledgeable and patient. He can easily reached and always followed up with a personalized letter...He will always be regarded as one of my best doctors. He took the time to care for us and helps us through this difficult journey. He was patient, kind and well rounded. He followed a well balanced approach (medical, physical and emotional)
I think the clinic [Boston IVF] is great, recently renovated. Clean building and friendly staff. Strengths - welcome desk greeter (Debbie); flow of the building; well oprganized Weaknesses - hard to identify any weaknesses...3 rounds of IVF (estradiol -&gt; injectibles -. retrieval -&gt; embryo transfer) 1 round of IVF (estradiol -&gt; injectibles -. retrieval -&gt; assisted hatching -.&gt; embryo transfer)...Dr. Penzias is a kind, gentle man. He often reminded me he was on our team and there to support us.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Don't hesitate to schedule with him
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I think the clinic is great, recently renovated. Clean building and friendly staff. Strengths - welcome desk greeter (Debbie); flow of the building; well oprganized Weaknesses - hard to identify any weaknesses