6.6

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

She [Dr. Murphy] is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
Boston ivf is very clean, organized, and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. They support any kind of couples. The nurses and doctors are great with names and faces with all the people they see daily. ... Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath. ... I can't remember her name but she was the beta nurse, always called me early on the days I went in for ultrasounds. Always called me back within the hour if I had a question for her.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
She is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Ask her any questions you have. She will always answer you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr. Murphy was very kind and always answered my questions even if I thought they were stupid questions. She made me feel like no question is stupid. She gave me everything I needed to know and didn't give me false hope.
Describe the protocols Lauren Murphy used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
In my cycle I used menopur, ganirelix, and follistim for my egg retrieval. I got 19 eggs, 8 were fertilized and 4 made it to day 5. 1 was transferred, 2 were frozen. I started progesterone the day after my egg retrieval until after my negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I reached my out of pocket maximum because of a surgery I had prior to starting ivf so I didn't have to pay much for ivf. My lifetime max is 25k and meds is 10k, I reached my med maximum very quickly but I paid nothing for almost all of the medications, except 1 that wasn't covered and my nurse got me a very good price.
Describe Lauren Murphy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Ryley is very warm and approachable and really conveys that he cares and "has your back". He has advocated for me with insurance and got me right in for surgery when fibroid was found--and delivered news with compassion.... He is smart and confident but also realistic in setting expectations. I have the feeling that he "has my back" and that he truly cares.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is very large so the positives of this are that there are many resources and options, including many locations and open on weekends. The downside of this is that I feel a bit like cattle in a factory...and your doctor does not perform any of the procedures (unless you luck out and they happen to be on call). Boston IVF and New England IVF also joined and there are differences between their protocols within the same clinic, but that was not made clear to us at the outset (switched between NEIVF to BIVF doctor and a few things slightly changed).
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
I said it before--he is very caring and compassionate and explains everything well. He is smart and confident but also realistic in setting expectations. I have the feeling that he "has my back" and that he truly cares.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
The clinic is really busy and it is difficult to get appointments in a timely manner. There is also the question of whether you want to deal with feeling like a number at such a big clinic... I think he's worth it but we'll see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Gonal F, Monopur, Cetrotide, Endometrin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heidi and Amanda)
They are very helpful, but you can tell that they are busy. However, when you need to talk to them, they will get back to you soon and explain things clearly.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is very large so the positives of this are that there are many resources and options, including many locations and open on weekends. The downside of this is that I feel a bit like cattle in a factory...and your doctor does not perform any of the procedures (unless you luck out and they happen to be on call). Boston IVF and New England IVF also joined and there are differences between their protocols within the same clinic, but that was not made clear to us at the outset (switched between NEIVF to BIVF doctor and a few things slightly changed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
This first cycle is covered under insurance and Dr. Ryley fought insurance for that. Otherwise, it's about $8k-$10k.

2013 - 2016, Successful
We love Dr. Ryley and we're completely satisfied with our experience with him. He was always honest with what we should expect and clear with what the course of action would be. We always felt that we were in excellent hands...Dr. Ryley was very supportive and encouraging and very accepting of us being a gay couple. Dr. Ryley's language and approach was always professional and understanding and tailored to our specific situation and needs.
The billing dept [at Boston IVF] was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered...We love Boston IVF- every office (Quincy, Waltham and Brookline) that we used was great. We like that they have a policy of not encouraging children to be in the clinic- it is helpful to not be reminded of what you don't have and desperately want every time you go to the doctor. Also, having the Domar center in Waltham was excellent. I took advantage of the acupuncture for every insemination and transfer.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Trust him and Boston IVF - Stay the course, though it might take a while, and if it is possible for you to get pregnant, Dr. Ryley will do everything he can to make it happen.
I don't remember all the specifics. We had tried ICIs by ourselves and IUIs with a family friend who is an OB/GYN and they didn't produce a live birth. We went to Dr. Ryley after I had a miscarriage. He suggested many tests to make sure everything was working properly, which we appreciated because we wouldn't want to go through more cycles if something was wrong. We then did a few more rounds of IUIs with drugs but they didn't work. Then Dr. RYley suggested IVF- and explained the procedure very clearly. Though it was overwhelming, Dr. Ryley and all of his nurses and staff were very helpful in explaining everything every step of the way. We did the course of drugs for the egg retrieval, got 20 eggs, 4 of which fertilized. One didn't survive, we transferred one and it didn't work, the second one worked, and produced a healthy baby boy. We froze the 4th one for two years and just transferred it 9 months ago and Just gave birth to another baby boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Thy were all very helpful and knowledgeable and available at any hour of the night to take phone calls and answer any questions we had.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
The billing dept was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered.
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't want to produce multiple births so we only transferred one at a time. It was more of our decision and Dr. Ryley supported it.
Brookline

[Dr. Ryley is] Very kind and actually wanted to know me as a person- almost to the point I was a bit disconcerted since it’s so unusual!...He was great at explaining everything to me and giving me realistic statistics . I felt very confident in his knowledge and the care he provided. He didn’t get more technical than I wanted , everything was at just the right level for me. I also felt like he had plenty of time with me and didn’t feel rushed...I’m a single mother by choice so obviously I went straight to iui . We started with ovulation predictor kits but I asked to move to active monitoring . I got pregnant on the 5th cycle. If that hadn’t worked the next step would have been ivf but I didn’t need tha
[Boston IVF is] really a machine - the doctors are great but you feel like a number. The fact that it’s a machine gives you confidence though so as long as you’re ok without the touchy feels you really are in great hands. The doctors are all very academic and on top of the research as well and they just have a very smooth process...I really felt like a number with the nurse. My interaction was pretty limited with her however, just a call after the blood tests to tell me if I was pregnant or not
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very trustworthy and I recommend him without hesitation
We used metformin, letrozole and IUI. I’m a single mother by choice so obviously I went straight to iui . We started with ovulation predictor kits but I asked to move to active monitoring . I got pregnant on the 5th cycle. If that hadn’t worked the next step would have been ivf but I didn’t need tha
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: I do t remember her name)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s really a machine - the doctors are great but you feel like a number. The fact that it’s a machine gives you confidence though so as long as you’re ok without the touchy feels you really are in great hands. The doctors are all very academic and on top of the research as well and they just have a very smooth process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I paid about 2000 per cycle - 800 for the sperm and 1200 for the iui and montori g. My insurance covered the visits so I only had a copay and it also covered the blood tests and HSG
2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope...My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more with regard to egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Boston IVF Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient.... Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope. He encouraged us to seek a second opinion when we told him we wanted to and also offered to raise our case at the practice's monthly meeting to see if someone else had ideas to help address our unexplained infertility. My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more wrt egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
Be prepared with questions and be honest.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient. The phlebotomist at the Brookline office was AMAZING, as were the techs doing the ultrasounds. They talked us through everything and showed us what they were seeing. Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory. The tech's were cold and didn't show us anything and the blood draws were factory-ish and I always left with a bruise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
In the procedure room they took care of everything and kept track of things, so after the first one, I always got the patch for nausea to help with being sick after retrievals.
Brookline
Dr Murphy forgot repeatedly what had happened in my history (she forgot about my chromosomally normal pregnancies, about a chemical pregnancy, about the fact that she prescribed and that I took letrozole for one cycle) ... Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable ...
Boston IVF is an older office with not a lot of space, but they are efficient and the office and nursing staff are very nice. This was convenient for me and covered by my insurance, so that was good. Parking is expensive. ... The majority of cost was picked up by my insurance; anything that would not be was discussed in advance.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
Brookline

Dr. Bayer shows compassion and goes above and beyond to make sure as a patient you feel his compassion. I have only worked with Dr. Bayer for a few months and his expertise and caring ways have already exceeded my expectations.... oston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Boston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Ryley takes a huge personal investment with his patients... Regardless of how discouraged I am going into my appointments, I always leave in high spirits and optimistic about my future.
I like that you always get the same nurse and she learns your care, your needs, etc.
Make you come prepared to ask lots of questions because he has a lot of information to give if you're ready and open for it!
Dr Ryley takes a huge personal investment with his patients, even picking up the phone and calling me personally when I've had unfavorable news or positive news - to offer sympathy or to congratulate. Regardless of how discouraged I am going into my appointments, I always leave in high spirits and optimistic about my future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nurses Heidi and Susan)
2015, Successful
David Ryley was a mensch. He seemed to really care about me and my husband. He encouraged us and gave us hope. He added humor to every discussion which really alleviated any tension. One part of the process that we were surprised about was how sick I felt after the retrieval. No one explained that that could happen. Over he is a Great guy!
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Make sure to. Ring your sense of humor.
He was personable, got to know us and was honest
IuI, egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were amazing and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They discourage that you bring children there but if you have no chcildcate, it's very difficult.
2015, Unknown Success
I am still in the process of getting pregnant and have yet to feel the need to look elsewhere for a doctor. Although I haven't met with Dr. Ryley extensively, I do wish he was a bit more involved on a personal level.
I have found it very clinical at the [Boston IVF] office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
All my interactions with Dr. Ryley have been pleasant and he genuinely seemed to want to help. That being said, I have found it very clinical at the office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were very nice and always prompt in getting back to me when I called with questions.
2011 - 2014, Successful
Investment Banker
He has a Blunt delivery but is trustworthy and results-driven. he can get a little lost in the numbers and probabilities but is still caring. He also adds a little humor to the process.
Practice is always busy and sees a lot of patients. They are not always caring or sensitive of the very difficult time patients are going through. They could make the experience more relaxing and less clinical feeling.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He's not warm and fuzzy and that's ok.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I have a hard time with giving blood because I have small veins that collapse easily. The nurse NEVER had a problem getting a vein.
2012 - 2013, Successful
He did a great job of explaining the process and his approach and recommendations, but also always asking what I was comfortable with and willing to adjust the course to meet my personal needs. He answered as many questions as I needed and made me feel like I was in charge of my care.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate... They knew who I was and catered to my particular circumstances, always making sure that I was on-board with the plan and ready to listen if something wasn't working.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He was reserved, knowledgeable, clearly an expert, but not warm at all. I trusted him, but did not like how negative he was....Be aware for bluntness, and not a lot of compassion. Also, he does not perform many of the actual procedures.
They [the nurses] were very nice. The main nurse I dealt with was very repetitive....He [Dr Oskowitz] was reserved, knowledgeable, clearly an expert, but not warm at all. I trusted him, but did not like how negative he was.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
He knew who I was and about my case, but his bedside manner was gruff andkind of negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
They were very nice. The main nurse I dealt with was very repetitive. Maybe she found that necessary. I found hearing something three times unnecessary.
Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired)
2013, Successful
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff...I think he [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them...[Boston IVF] Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I think he was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Read about ivf before you go in
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
The uterine scan was very smart
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Sweet and cheering for me the whole time
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF.
None my insurance paid
Benjamin Lannon
2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Steven Bayer is] down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through...explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain...He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents... He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing.
I’ve had little contact with my nurse [at Boston IVF], but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works...His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility...As a new patient I felt comfortable and knew everyone I had contact with was very helpful and kind. They treat you like a human and not a number or someone that doesn’t fit a mold that some offices feel you should. They are very empathic to your heartbreak. I’m still trying to find a weakness,although I’m sure they have them, my experience has been seamless thus far.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr Bayer explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain we could try cloned and gave us the odds of it working. He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents. When cloned didn’t work, my husband and I chose to keep trying naturally. Over the last 4 years we’ve endure the adoption option which ended in a disaster with information we were told but didn’t happen. We pulled out of the adoption last year. We then saw another fertility specialist closer to home, he didn’t care as to why we were there, he told me to lose 50lbs and call him once I did. He went as far to say, he’s seen shorter and wider do it do I can if I put my mind too it. I lost 23lbs hurt my back in the meantime and was killing myself to lose. Then decided to go back to see Dr Bayer this year. Upon entering his office we had the typical how are you doings, then lead to say it’s been a very long 4+ year journey for you. How have you been doing with this? He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing. Not once but twice he told us he can help us become parents, our life long dream. I left there with tears of joy and a heart that was full of happiness finally. We started the process in February, found embryos in August and are in the process of waiting for cycles to do the transfer. I can’t thank Dr Bayer and his team enough for all they have done. Dr Bayer has reassured me on more than one occasion, helping couples become parents is “what his team and Garrison” does!! He’s excited for us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Any and all questions you ask, he will answer truthfully and honestly. He’s in this profession because he truly cares for his patients. Highly recommend him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
He’s do down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We tried 3 cycles clomid due to being younger and having regular periods at that time. At this time in order to begin the process for my frozen embryo transfer, we have started and finished medications to induce a period. Once that happens I’ll take 2 and 1/2 weeks of estrogen, have an ultrasound and if the uterine lining isn’t thick enough, we’ll increase estrogen and have another ultrasound. If uterine lining is thick enough, I’ll have the transfer scheduled then begin progesterone for 10 weeks there after. Everything needs to be perfect in order for my embryo to attach. There is still a chance of miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda D)
I’ve had little contact with my nurse, but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Dr Bayer is part of my out of nextwork coverage so all bills are paid by me until I reach my deductible. That deductible is very high, so that will not happen. His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility.
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We will do a single embryo transfer as soon as my cycle begins with a followed ultrasound. One embryo transfer is best for me and my baby at this time to ensure a happy healthy pregnancy.

2012 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Sneeringer] called me from her vacation when I thought I was miscarrying. She is a very good doctor. Rita was lovely and kind and referred me to the Domar therapists when I was emotionally struggling.
Overall, Rita, acupuncture, the nurses, and the therapy services at Boston IVF were wonderful. The millions of appointments were awful but that is just part of the process. hey were flexible about early morning appointments and things were fast and organized.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Rita was great. We got a terrible diagnosis/prognosis that was very dismal but then I got pregnant without treatment and had a baby. My 2nd pregnancy was IUI after 3 chemical pregnancies. Rita was lovely and kind and referred me to the domar therapists when I was emotionally struggling. I also really thing the acupuncture from boston ivf was crucial in helping me conceive. Overall, Rita, accupuncture, the nurses, and the therapy services at boston ivf were wonderful. The millions of appointments were awful but that is just part of the process. They were flexible about early morning appointments and things were fast and organized.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
We had a dismal prognosis and are coming out with two healthy babies so try not to lose hope. Rita is kind and straight forward. She called me from her vacation when I thought I was miscarrying. She is a very good doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Eileen baker)
I think Donna Zimmerman was also one. They got back to you so fast and were so nice and supportive and fantastic.
Rita Sneeringer
Cambridge

Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. I raised concerns and she brushed them off. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again) Dr Zimon was the dr on rotation for the day of my 2nd transfer and it also happened to be her last day at he practice. She didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern.
...She [Dr Alison Zimon] didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern...They [Boston IVF] are very efficient. I don't lived near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She was very nice and personable when we met for a consultation. Our next appointment after testing was quick and to the point. All communication after that was with her nurses. My first problem with her and what made me lose her trust happened at my first transfer. She changed our agreed upon plan last minute. We agreed on single embryo transfer of a 5 day blast or two embryos if day 3. I showed up on day three and the random dr that was doing my transfer told me we were transferring one. Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Consult she was friendly but never spoke with her again until follow up for failed cycle. She kept the call quick.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have a low AMH of .8 but I am only 31 so she wasn't worried about egg quality. Based on my AFC of 10 she was very confident that we would get around 10 eggs. First cycle was bcp/antagonist with 225 gonal and 20 HCG. I only stimmed for 6 days, triggering with HCG on day 7. I only used two doses of cetrotide. Retrieved 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized, transferred 2, chemical Cycle two we had planned estrogen patch protocol. I went for bloodwork to confirm ovulation then I was to start the estrogen patch for a few days, then add cetrotide before period. I got my period early so on cycle day 1 she had me put on estrogen patch then I started gonal f at 375 the next day with 40 HCG. She didn't send me for a scan until day 5 on which day she increased my gonal to 450 with 40 HCG. Stimmed 6 days again, trigger with ovidrel on day 7. 5 eggs retrieved 2 fertilized (didn't tell me how many were mature) transferred both (excellent grades) and had a negative beta. No follow up because she left the practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Minor prescription mix ups but they are overall awesome. I was told 8 eggs at my second retrieval but it was only 5. They went through hell when Zimon left the practice so there was a few rocky days of missed callbacks but overall they recovered quickly and are very helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are very efficient. I don't live near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend. —————————————————————-———————————-—————————————————————————————————
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
I have insurance coverage and ended up spending $800 first cycle $1100 second.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She really pushed me to one. I chose two of day 3 transfers. Since I only got two embryos each time I felt good about putting both in.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Surprise changes to protocol. I thought I was doing the same type of estrogen priming I did before but I was actually changed to luteal estrogen and wouldn't have known if I didn't ask questions.
Cape Cod

Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers... Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel.
They [Boston IVF] make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions... Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He’s nice and likeable and will be there to answer any questions you have. He fully explains all the processes to move forward so you are comfortable with the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He explained everything and was open and honest with me
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel. Moving on to IVF now
Kind and reassuring
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Only cost not covered by insurance is for the testing of embryos
Cape Cod

She [Dr. Alison Zimon] was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.... Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI... Lots going on here but they make sure to make you feel important and taken care of. Follow up is always super prompt and thourough and they always answer your questions. Infertility can be overwhelming but they make it easier.
Lots going on here [at Boston IVF-Cape Cod] but they make sure to make you feel important and taken care of. Follow up is always super prompt and thourough and they always answer your questions. Infertility can be overwhelming but they make it easier.... She was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.
Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
Most was covered by my insurance
Cape Cod

I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism [by Dr. Berger]. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first...He was very personal and knowledgeable. Went over everything and was extremely patient with all the questions we had. And he was able to diagnose and help me with what I had been struggling with for over a year.
They [nurses at Boston IVF] go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them...With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.... The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Berger. I was very impressed at how smart and knowledgeable he was and how quickly he was to diagnose me and start treatment for me to start feeling better and to start fertility treatment. He was also kind, gentle and patient with both my husband and me.
Try your best to stay relaxed. Be organized and be ready to ask all the questions.
I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first because of insurance purposes and Dr. Berger was fine with that. Unfortunately it did not work so we will be moving on with IUI for this next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I am completely blown away by Dr.Bergers nursing staff! They go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
So far I do not have anything negative to say. I’m impressed with the technology, the doctors and the entire staff. I’ve only experienced strength as of right now and not weaknesses. I would let any new patient know that they can rest easy being in their care. Yes, come prepared with questions and be ready to advocate for yourself but know they will listen and ready to help you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
So far insurance has covered treatment. We are getting ready for IUI which insurance will not cover. The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management....Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time.
I feel like the care team [at Boston IVF] cares about me as an individual first and foremost....He[Dr. Berger] is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients....He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management. Unless it is the first appointment of the day, it is unlikely that you will be seen before at least 45 minutes after your appointment (if not 60 or 90 minutes later). Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time. He is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients.
Don't make plans for after your appointment. He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
I feel like the care team cares about me as an individual first and foremost.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lamb)
Her level of personal caring for me, even if we weren't actively pursuing treatment.

2013 - 2014, Successful
I felt that they [BostonIVF] deliberately delayed/procrastinated during my second transfer process - unsure of their reasoning, but it was frustrating...[Nurse staff was] pleasant, but a little mechanical...Allison [Zimon] must see a thousand patients per month and she still found a way to remember me & make the experience much more personal...I didn't have to do much since I used a donor egg, but the prep work towasn't terribly difficult...Alison was kind, patient & detailed. The situations she deals with are usually stressful, personal and potentially painful, but she did a very good job of maintaining professionalism while also being empathetic.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Be patient & don't lose hope!
Allison must see a thousand patients per month and she still found a way to remember me & make the experience much more personal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Pleasant, but a little mechanical.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Friendly, but still your typical doctor's office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
No insurance, so very high.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I felt that they deliberately delayed/procrastinated during my second transfer process - unsure of their reasoning, but it was frustrating.
Foxboro

I'm glad that my husband and I trusted our gut instinct about what was best for us, and appreciated that Dr. Thornton and her team were flexible and supportive of our decision. ... What I can say is that in my initial consultation, Dr. Thornton gave me a lot of reassurance that treatment could work for us, got me started on treatment right away as I had hoped, and explained what she would recommend for us and why very thoroughly.
It did at times feel a bit like a baby factory with so many people coming in and out, but again, that seems expected when you choose a larger practice. I only had one procedure done at the clinic, with a few rounds of lab work, so my experiences are somewhat limited, but I had no complaints. ... However, given the sheer size of Boston IVF, it was hard to not feel a bit like a number during my actual treatment cycles, since there were so many women at the Waltham location for labs/treatments/etc.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
I was only a patient for a few months as my second treatment cycle was successful, so I can't comment on some of the questions like how compassionate Dr. Thornton is or how willing to change treatment course she is -- those didn't come up during our treatment course. What I can say is that in my initial consultation, Dr. Thornton gave me a lot of reassurance that treatment could work for us, got me started on treatment right away as I had hoped, and explained what she would recommend for us and why very thoroughly. I ultimately had positive results after just two months and am forever grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
I would recommend advocating for yourself and what you feel is the best for you. Dr. Thornton recommended that we do letrozole + IUI, which did not work during our first month of treatment. I was concerned that the timing of the IUI the first month could have been a bit off and that that could have caused the unsuccessful cycle (we did not use a trigger or do any monitoring). As a result, for our second cycle, I felt strongly that I wanted to try letrozole + timed intercourse instead of the IUI, and expressed that to Dr. Thornton and her team. They were supportive of this change, and that was the month that we were successful. I'm glad that my husband and I trusted our gut instinct about what was best for us, and appreciated that Dr. Thornton and her team were flexible and supportive of our decision.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
During my one-on-one consultation with Dr. Thornton, I very much felt treated like a human and was able to ask all of the questions I had. I felt she addressed my concerns adequately and gave me reassurance about beginning treatment. However, given the sheer size of Boston IVF, it was hard to not feel a bit like a number during my actual treatment cycles, since there were so many women at the Waltham location for labs/treatments/etc. I don't fault Dr. Thornton for this but rather feel it is almost inevitable when selecting a large fertility treatment center.
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Both cycles, I took letrozole (I believe the dose was 7.5ish?) CD3-7. This was to help me ovulate strong eggs, and ideally more than 1 to help increase our chances of success. Our first cycle, I had an IUI performed. I was told to test with OPKs every morning before noon starting at CD 15. Once I had a positive test, I was to call and schedule my IUI for the next morning, and my husband would go in and drop off a fresh sample. We did this one time and were unsuccessful. Our second cycle, we used the same letrozole protocol but had timed intercourse once I began testing positive on OPKs. We were successful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I appreciate the size of this practice and the number of locations to choose from for providers. It did at times feel a bit like a baby factory with so many people coming in and out, but again, that seems expected when you choose a larger practice. I only had one procedure done at the clinic, with a few rounds of lab work, so my experiences are somewhat limited, but I had no complaints.
Kim L. Thornton

2013 - 2014, Successful
Realistic about low chances for IUI but allowed me to try anyway. Encouraging about acupuncture. Warm and supportive.
Facility warm and inviting. Alternative therapies encouraged. Parking convenient. Doctors warm, nurses responsive but more business-like.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Longer appointments [than Brigham], took the time to review treatments thoroughly and ask questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
During retrieval I needed ICSI rescue to help fertilize eggs but was not told that that could happen until it did and then needed to make a snap decision that cost me $2,500.
Framingham
Dr McShane, of Reproductive Science Center [merged with Bostong IVF] was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive....I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center....I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
How was your experience with Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
I was treated by reproductive Science Center and Patricia McShane was my doctor. I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
Not that strong of a memory - it was 11 years ago.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Dr Mc Shane, of Reproductive Science Center was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive. Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center.
Patricia McShane