Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

I feel that she [Dr. Luzzo] is very polite and kind. I also feel like this whole industry is in it for money....We had discussed if we could possibly get supplemental insurance but she told my husband and I we don’t have 6 months to wait due to my egg quality/quantity.... I also felt a little rushed in the office going over our diagnostic results. Overall I do like her and she is kind...she busted I get genetically tested for fragile X and the whole genetic testing panel along with my husband. Then from there I will begin medication for egg retrieval depending on payments.
Awesome secretary. Very pleasant to talk to in person and via phone. [Boston IVF] Has never been hard to get an appointment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The phlebotomist does an outstanding job taking blood- probably the best I’ve had. She is very sweet. The finical advisor is very helpful and has been working to try to fight our insurance company to pay for IVF. Even though they won’t she hasn’t given up. I don’t have anything bad to say about the clinic itself.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
I feel that she is very polite and kind. I also feel like this whole industry is in it for money. So I have a hard time separating myself from this. Our insurance covers absolutely nothing for IVF. We had discussed if we could possibly get supplemental insurance but she told my husband and I we don’t have 6 months to wait due to my egg quality/quantity. So where do we come up with all this money?! I’m sure she’s correct but is she just saying this for the money too. I also felt a little rushed in the office going over our diagnostic results. Overall I do like her and she is kind. Just bitter in general over this whole process and not being able to afford it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Come prepared with any questions you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
The whole team that works with Dr.Luzzo is very kind and friendly. I feel like the staff is more personable than the Dr.Luzzo even though she is very nice.
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have yet gone for egg retrieval trying to figure out where the money is coming from. She busted I get genetically tested for fragile X and the whole genetic testing panel along with my husband. Then from there I will begin medication for egg retrieval depending on payments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nursing staffs been great and very compassionate. Only had one nurse via phone tell me I could have been having multiple miscarriages because I breast fed my child once every 24 hours. Which was no accurate at all and she should have never said that. Otherwise everyone has been pleasant and calls me back the same day with any questions or concerns I have.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Awesome secretary. Very pleasant to talk to in person and via phone. Has never been hard to get an appointment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The phlebotomist does an outstanding job taking blood- probably the best I’ve had. She is very sweet. The finical advisor is very helpful and has been working to try to fight our insurance company to pay for IVF. Even though they won’t she hasn’t given up. I don’t have anything bad to say about the clinic itself. Oh wait besides the parking lot haha -the spaces are so tiny it can be difficult to park or back up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Egg retrieval $12,000 PGS testing 3/4 eggs $3,800.medications thousands. and transfer $7-$8 thousand and the dethawing of embryo after pgs testing $1,000-$1,200. If need another egg retrieval it would be $12,000 again. So one round of IVF with fertilized egg and pgs testing $25,000. If needing more than one egg retrieval add $13,000 more into that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Went to redo my FSH and AMH levels and they forgot to order my AMH levels so I had to go back the next day. Which is a 45 minute drive for me.
North Dartmouth

2011 - 2019, Successful
Each time we had a negative result she (Dr. Kerri Luzzo) would help dust us off and get us back in the saddle. When I got my first positive pregnancy, she was so excited she called me with the results. When we “graduated” we opted not to know the gender but asked her to surprise us, she made out a card for us to open when we were ready. Although later I lost my pregnancy due to IC ( incompetent Cervix), we got pregnant again and again and she would always tell me to text her or email her and keep her updated. She would contact me on my appointment days wishing me luck and I would share sonogram photos with her and updates. She genuinely cares about her patients. I never had a bad experience with her.
Just like Dr. Luzzo her staff Julie Perry( Dr.Luzzo coordinator), Joanna Leroux, (front desk) Wendy Shaw (nurse) Heidi LaValley( ultrasound tech), Chrystal Norates (phlebotomists) were amazing. They are the best team to work with and when you are there often it’s nice to have such great faces welcoming you in. We have all became like family. Dr Luzzo’s team [at Boston IVF] is incredible. They also kept in touch during my pregnancies and I have made some great friends that I consider very close...The cost of care was expensive. We had changed our insurance company last year but some costs were not always covered. We spent a couple thousand dollars each cycle for medications, some bloodwork (3rd party ), co-payments and meeting our deductible, also our genetic testing was not covered the first time so that cost us $3,700 for the testing of 5-8 day 5 embryos. IVF is not cheap and we have done it multiple times. Luckily, the last time we had the PGS testing done, insurance covered the cost with the recommendation from the doctor.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Nine years ago when I started seeing Dr. Luzzo she was very thorough and helped us to understand everything that we were about to experience. We had started out from the very beginning of time in intercourse to the IUI procedures, to IVF, to IVF with ICSI hatching , to IVF with ICSI , hatching and PGS. It’s been a long journey, and she has been with us through the whole thing. Each time we had a negative result she would help dust us off and get us back in the saddle. When I got my first positive pregnancy, she was so excited she called me with the results. When we “graduated” we opted not to know the gender but asked her to surprise us, she made out a card for us to open when we were ready. Although later I lost my pregnancy due to IC ( incompetent Cervix), we got pregnant again and again and she would always tell me to text her or email her and keep her updated. She would contact me on my appointment days wishing me luck and I would share sonogram photos with her and updates. She genuinely cares about her patients. I never had a bad experience with her.
Don’t give up on her, she will do everything she can to figure it out and help you. Trust her advice and her treatment plan. She’s more than just a RE , she is one of the best.
Dr. Luzzo has always been such a huge support to my husband and I during our journey. She has called me from her home to check on me, she also had given me her personal cell phone number to keep her updated after my “graduation” ( when you transfer to OB with pregnancy). Whenever we would come to the office and she would see us she would always make small chitchat and was always smiling and laughing with us. When times were hard, she would check on us and hug us. Dr Luzzo became like family. I completely trust her and I know she has and would do whatever she can to help us become a family. When your going through such a hard challenge like infertility, it’s important that the doctor takes their time with you and is patient. Dr Kerri Luzzo is the best IVF RE and I would never change doctors.
I don’t remember each treatment strategy however, when we did the IVF process we did the Gonal-F and started our doses low I believe (75) and then gradually higher , by our 3rd retrieval we started high (300) and stayed high approx 2-3 weeks. We also did Menopur and again started at 1 vial then by our 3rd retrieval we started at 2 vials during the 2-3 weeks. Then we would go in for ultrasounds and check on the follicle growth and count and bloodwork for levels of LH and FSH. Slow and steady wins the race! Close to the time of “ triggering “ (ovulation stimulant) I would start on cetrotide (.25MG)for the last week and then when ready to finally “pop” the nurse would call with the time that I would inject the Pregnyl (HCG). Then about 48 hours later I would have the eggs retrieved and ready for testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Julie Perry)
Just like Dr. Luzzo her staff Julie Perry( Dr.Luzzo coordinator), Joanna Leroux, (front desk) Wendy Shaw (nurse) Heidi LaValley( ultrasound tech), Chrystal Norates (phlebotomists) were amazing. They are the best team to work with and when you are there often it’s nice to have such great faces welcoming you in. We have all became like family. Dr Luzzo’s team is incredible. They also kept in touch during my pregnancies and I have made some great friends that I consider very close.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
As a new patient you might be overwhelmed but they make it as easy as possible for you. The strength of this clinic is that they work as a team and work all together. They are very friendly, thorough and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Monitoring appointments would be scheduled for early mornings. There had been times where I was stuck in traffic and running late for my appointment when I would call they would say don’t worry we’ll see you when you get here. One time I did forget about my appointment and they called me to make sure I was ok, and we just rescheduled for the next day. The nice thing about the appts is that they can start very early in the morning so you can still make it to work on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Because of my age we would only put in one, since it could split and we knew they were checked for chromosomal abnormalities. I trusted her advice and was ok with just the one at a time approach.

2020 - 2022, Successful
I saw Dr. Luzzo for a second opinion after 4 failed FET cycles. She not only took a fresh careful approach to my diagnosis of unexplained secondary infertility, but was very thorough and knowledgeable about my medical history. She offered up options, answered all my questions, and was really personable....In my case, she recommended single embryo transfer, given tested embryos and other heath factors. We discussed a plan to consider multiple embryo transfers in the future if this next cycle is not successful.
Wonderfully organized and prompt communication. Really great clinicians, but the whole team [at Boston IVF] has been just excellent...My primary nurses have been Wendy and Liz- excellent and prompt communicators. They have been so compassionate- especially during my miscarriage, but also so helpful with the clinical and logistic aspects of each of my cycle...Dr. Luzzo is really personable and an excellent clinician.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Go see her as soon as you can! She is an excellent combination of clinical expertise and personable care.
Dr. Luzzo is really personable and an excellent clinician. She remembered details about my (many) cycles and offered information and presented options in an understandable way, answering all my questions and making me part of the decision making process.
We started with a hysteroscopy, then an egg retrieval and PGT testing. Then proceeded with natural FET cycle and, although I had a miscarriage, I actually got pregnant, which was a first after 4 prior FET cycles and 3 IUIs!! We regrouped with a repeat hysteroscopy as it had been more than a year, removed some cerbical stenosis and completed a natural mock cycle with endometrial biopsy. Now I’m about to start a natural cycle for an embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy and Liz)
My primary nurses have been Wendy and Liz- excellent and prompt communicators. They have been so compassionate- especially during my miscarriage, but also so helpful with the clinical and logistic aspects of each of my cycles. They have patiently and empathetically answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Wonderfully organized and prompt communication. Really great clinicians, but the whole team has been just excellent! Everyone I have talked with or emailed has been helpful, kind, and informative. They have always been so patient with all my questions, even when I felt silly asking them!! So professional, but I never felt rushed or ignored.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
My insurance has given me pretty good coverage overall. Main costs included PGT testing, which wasn’t covered by my insurance. They communicated clearly upfront costs associated with this and called along the way if there were different options to choose from, such as when we were deciding how many of our embryos to send for PGT testing.
She fully discussed pros and cons of both choices fully with me. In my case, she recommended single embryo transfer, given tested embryos and other heath factors. We discussed a plan to consider multiple embryo transfers in the future if this next cycle is not successful.
Providence
Dr. Luzzo is very straightforward. She doesn’t push one treatment over the other but rather gives pros and cons for each and lets the patient make the decisions. ... She is very business-like in her explanations. ... Not very warm and fuzzy but she knows her stuff. ... Very neutral with her opinions. ... We have done 3 rounds of IUI. First round we went in for baseline ultrasound and labs on cycle day 3.
My biggest concerns for this clinic [Boston IVF] is the billing/insurance department. ... she never even submitted my the authorization request to my insurance. I called Every day that week and it wasn’t submitted until Thursday. ... I was Unable to start ivf like planned. ... we now have to spend close to a $1000 to freeze sperm. This could have been completely avoided if this women did her job.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo is very straightforward. She doesn’t push one treatment over the other but rather gives pros and cons for each and lets the patient make the decisions. Not very warm and fuzzy but she knows her stuff.
Ask lots of questions. Advocate for yourself.
She is very business-like in her explanations. Very neutral with her opinions.
We have done 3 rounds of IUI. First round we went in for baseline ultrasound and labs on cycle day 3. For the call that afternoon to start 50mg of clomid every night for 5 nights. Cycle day 10 went in for monitoring and labs. Nurse called later that day and informed me of follicle sizes and scheduled another monitoring appointment the next morning. Had more monitoring and the nurse called again later that night to clear ya to trigger with Ovidrel. We only had one mature follicle. Our IUI was scheduled 36 hours after that. 2 days after IUI I started on progesterone suppositories twice a day. This cycle failed. Second cycle was the same as the first except they increased the clomid to 100mg instead. One mature follicle again, progesterone twice a day after IUI and another failed cycle. This cycle we started Gonal-F injections 75iu at night from cycle day 3-9 in hopes to mature more eggs. Monitoring from cycle day 7-10 and then got the clear to trigger on cycle day 10 with Ovidrel. I’m in the waiting room for IUI as I type this so nonresuots yet. I will Start progesterone twice a day in two days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Margie and Wendy)
Margie is wonderful. She is very compassionate and understanding. Wendy however, has been rude, and cold.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The lab tech Crystal, ultrasound techs especially Heidi, and office women- Joanna and Taylor are absolutely wonderful. They are friendly, caring and very reassuring. They make the office run so smoothly and truly care about their patients. The insurance/billing lady is HORRENDOUS. Mistakes were made on her behalf which completely derailed my IVF chance. I called numerous times asking for explanations and she BLAMED ME for things going wrong. She is a horrible communicator, and overall terrible at her job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
$40 copays for Dr. Luzzo and IUI. Everything else has been covered by insurance except medications that have cost between $250-$300/cycle.
Haven’t had a transfer yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
My biggest concerns for this clinic is the billing/insurance department. I was Suppose to start ivf this cycle after two failed IUI’s. I went For my consult, signed all consents a month in advance and was told next cycle we would start and it would be no problem. Two weeks before my cycle I called asking for an update on my ivf approval. Lady told me She didn’t have it yet but would have it Monday. Monday rolls around and not only has the billing lady been out since last THURSDAY, she never even submitted my the authorization request to my insurance. I called Every day that week and it wasn’t submitted until Thursday. My period was due Friday. Needless to say I was Unable to start ivf like planned. This may not be a big deal, but my Husband is leaving the country and will be in an area of Zika risk. Since we were not able to get an egg retrieval in before he left, we now have to spend close to a $1000 to freeze sperm. This could have been completely avoided if this women did her job.
Providence
[Dr. Luzzo was] Somewhat clinical in demeanor but very competent and trustworthy. She listened to my questions and took my feedback into consideration when planning treatment. We did not see her very often, though - just the initial consultation, and right before our IVF cycle...Antagonist protocol using gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. Stimmed for 10 days. Retrieval of 35 eggs - 31 mature, 20 fertilized with ICSI, 10 embryos frozen, 1 fresh embryo transferred, resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Strengths [at Boston IVF] - Very large - lots of patients, practitioners, data and coordinated use of evidence based practices. Sometimes can feel like a factory, but a successful one that will give you a baby at the end. Weaknesses - All major procedures have to take place in Waltham, MA which was a 2-3 hour trip for us. All communication seems to take place via telephone which can be frustrating to manage while at work.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Prepare any questions that you have ahead of time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Always returned my calls with the information I needed, once I was in treatment. When not in an active treatment cycle, I did feel as though I was a lower priority (which makes sense) and had to follow up multiple times on some things.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths - Very large - lots of patients, practitioners, data and coordinated use of evidence based practices. Sometimes can feel like a factory, but a successful one that will give you a baby at the end. Weaknesses - All major procedures have to take place in Waltham, MA which was a 2-3 hour trip for us. All communication seems to take place via telephone which can be frustrating to manage while at work.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
With the exception of a few long back-ups, I was usually able to get in and out within 30 minutes early in the morning before work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Unsure - billed directly to insurance.
Single embryo transfer seems to be the policy unless there is a compelling reason otherwise. We were educated (and dissuaded) on multiple embryo transfer.
Providence
Dr Luzzo appears knowledgeable but also to be going through the motions at times with not a lot of compassion or concern. At times, I felt like I had to advocate for myself and do my own research and then ask about things. She tended to talk fast and made me feel rushed.... I have had 3 IUIs. The first was with 50mg Clomid and the next two we bumped up to 100mg. I asked to use progesterone suppositories after the first IUI due to my short cycle length. I did OPK the first cycle. Then I missed my surge one month. The
One aspect which is frustrating is that sperm is stored at another office and you have to pick it up in the day of the IUI and bring it to this clinic [Boston IVF]. Also, the nurse who does the IUIs has been out a lot and in those situations, you speak to a nurse at the Boston office who are not very familiar with the Providence location. The office staff are very nice overall - the people who answer the phone, the phlebotomist, etc. the office is small and can feel crowded in the morning when you come for lab work.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to advocate and speak up
The initial appointment I felt very rushed and as though Dr. Luzzo was just giving a spiel she had given 1,000 with very little affect or interest. My two follow up appointments have been a little better - still not a lot of emotion and feeling a bit rushed along.
I have had 3 IUIs. The first was with 50mg Clomid and the next two we bumped up to 100mg. I asked to use progesterone suppositories after the first IUI due to my short cycle length. I did OPK the first cycle. Then I missed my surge one month. The next two IUIs I did blood test monitoring only to detect my surge. I am in the two week wait now after my third IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy has been responsive when I reach out but is not in the office very much. Also, she doesn’t always seem to remember my situation which can be frustrating. I have also had to remind her about calling in prescriptions and such for me. It has been a bit stressful at times.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
One aspect which is frustrating is that sperm is stored at another office and you have to pick it up in the day of the IUI and bring it to this clinic. Also, the nurse who does the IUIs has been out a lot and in those situations, you speak to a nurse at the Boston office who are not very familiar with the Providence location. The office staff are very nice overall - the people who answer the phone, the phlebotomist, etc. the office is small and can feel crowded in the morning when you come for lab work.
Most was out of pocket IUI is about $450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had issues with not getting results, office not communicating with another office that had to do my IUI when clinic nurse was out, as well as prescriptions not being called in and overall poor communication at times about treatment plan.
Providence
Dr. Luzzo made us feel like their was hope, but gave us the straight information...and we wanted both.... She was candid, but kind and gave us the straight up answers when we asked questions. She didn't sugarcoat things and we liked that.... It was a pretty standard IVF cycle, although she did provide a little different protocol in terms of the drugs and increased the estrogen for the treatment.
I think Boston IVF can be a great clinic, but because they are so large you get handed off to different doctors and we had to go to different clinics for different procedures. I like the fact that they have a whole mind, body, spirit component with IVF. They offer a support group that I joined that was helpful.... Most of the appointments were in the early morning so it was first come, first serve. That can be a little nerve wracking, but I got into my appointments all the time before I went to work.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
I think Dr. Luzzo was exactly what we wanted in a doctor. She was better than our previous one who had a better reputation. She was candid, but kind and gave us the straight up answers when we asked questions. She didn't sugarcoat things and we liked that.
Just be ready to hear the truth. She will give it to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She seemed very empathetic. She knew her stuff and that is always important. She seemed to get her job done quickly and proficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Our insurance covered practically all of the costs and Dr. Luzzo was honest with us about additional procedures like Donor Eggs and PGS. We actually saved some money based upon her advice regarding Donor Eggs.
Boston IVF only does single transfer to prevent multiples. Our previous doctor did not. We did have a pregnancy with the previous clinic, but it resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I think our prescriptions were delayed for this last procedure. It wasn't a big deal, but it did cause a bit of anxiety for us to start the procedure.
Providence

Dr. Luzzo allowed my husband and I to explain and voice every single concern we had through out the entire process. She held my hand when I cried and offered tissues. She was sympathetic towards every feeling and emotion I had.... Since I have a blocked Fallopian tube, she explained that IVF would be the safest option since that is the only treatment to bypass the tubes. I had gone through ectopic pregnancies and she did not want that to occur again.
I did not know what to expect from a fertility clinic, but what I got from Boston IVF was comfort during a long and difficult process. I have no complaints about anyone there. Every phone call was answered with a caring team member on the other side. Every time my blood was drawn the techs were so pleasant and full of hope when I was crying because I knew the transfer had failed. I trusted this team at my most vulnerable state and they did not disappoint.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
When I first met Dr. Luzzo I had just experienced my third miscarriage. This last miscarriage was after a round of clomid. She was extremely thorough with treatment options. Due to my one blocked Fallopian tube she explained what she believed to be the safest option for pregnancy for me. She was to the point but also sensitive to what we were going through.
Trust the process. It takes a lot of time.
Dr. Luzzo allowed my husband and I to explain and voice every single concern we had through out the entire process. She held my hand when I cried and offered tissues. She was sympathetic towards every feeling and emotion I had. I was very comfortable with her and her treatment plan from the very beginning.
Since I have a blocked Fallopian tube, she explained that IVF would be the safest option since that is the only treatment to bypass the tubes. I had gone through ectopic pregnancies and she did not want that to occur again. As I was young (28 years old) and the 5 day embryos looked good, she wanted to use a fresh embryo for transfer. That was unsuccessful. I voiced my concern about the progesterone suppository and asked for the injections and she willingly prescribed them for my next transfer. We waited a month in between the fresh and frozen embryo transfer so my body could “normalize” before the frozen embryo transfer. The frozen embryo transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test and after week 10 I “graduated” out of the fertility clinic to a regular OB. 29 weeks after my graduation from Boston IVF, I gave birth to my daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Craw)
Everyone at this clinic in Providence was amazing. From the nurses to the techs everyone made me feel comfortable and heard.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Pleasant. The ultrasound tech was one of my favorites. I was sad when I knew it was the last time I would be seeing her, even though it was a good outcome
With the IVF procedures and medications, about $25,000
Originally they planned to use ICSI, but did not have to. The plan was for single embryo transfers and I was happy about that.
Providence
Dr. Luzzo was professional and informative...made it a priority to understand our priorities in terms of how we wanted to approach treatment and meet us where we where we were...did not display too much emotion or caring...I had a high AMH so used relatively lower dose gonadotropin in antagonist protocol. Ultimately was a worse responder than would have been predicted based on AMH, 10 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. Had one fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton live birth. Subsequent frozen embryo transfer failed.
almost always available to talk when I called the clinic [Boston IVF], so was easy to coordinate care with the team despite a busy schedule...IVF and ET are done in Waltham by on-call doctors, but your communication is primarily through with the Providence office which gives the practice a smaller feel while having the benefit of accessing a larger embryology lab...
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo was professional and informative. She made it a priority to understand our priorities in terms of how we wanted to approach treatment and meet us where we where we were. She did not display too much emotion or caring.
I think she practices evidence based fertility care and works to meet the needs of her patients. She does not seem particularly warm, so may not be the best fit for someone looking for that kind of rapport.
Dr. Luzzo and her nurse were professional and direct. The office the staff in the Providence clinic front desk staff, phlebotomist, ultrasonographer were very warm. They were appropriately familiar when you called and kind during their interactions. As I imagine is common you interact with the office staff much more than the MD and RN so the rapport you establish with them helps you feel like a human. IVF and ET are done in Waltham by on-call doctors, but your communication is primarily through with the Providence office which gives the practice a smaller feel while having the benefit of accessing a larger embryology lab.
Did 3 cycles of ovulation induction with Clomid and 3 IUIs. I think she was appropriate based on my age and history in recommending moving on to IVF without pushing IVF. I had a high AMH so used relatively lower dose gonadotropin in antagonist protocol. Ultimately was a worse responder than would have been predicted based on AMH, 10 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. Had one fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton live birth. Subsequent frozen embryo transfer failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Nursing staff was very responsive and communicative. They were almost always available to talk when I called the clinic, so was easy to coordinate care with the team despite a busy schedule (for me and them) during the day.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic has a smaller, familiar feel in Providence and a larger, busy practice feel in Waltham where IVF related procedures and weekend procedures are performed. I think this dichotomy is a strength because you have a balance between the strengths or a higher volume embryology lab while having a more personal feel at the clinic where you most of your visits take place. The clinic in Providence was also very accommodating to work schedule and ran smoothly and on time. The clinic in Waltham also has an alternative medicine center on site where you can easily coordinate acupuncture around your treatment, which I think is a strength. There were not issues with communication between the clinic in Waltham and Providence during our care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Convenient scheduling. Clinic ran on time. I also made sure I was there first everyday I had monitoring, so that might have helped.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Insurance coverage for fertility related procedures in Massachusetts ! Costs in total less than $300 during treatment. Paid ~ $150 / month in storage fees starting a year after retrieval.
We did not discuss in detail transferring multiple embryos. It was assumed that we would proceed with SET which was appropriate in our case.
Providence

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options... Lots of blood work to check hormones etc, then uterine cavity check turned out I had cysts which I had removed surgically, had a sonohysteogram because I had a tubal reversal and needed to make sure tubes were open, 1 iui with a negative and waiting for Ivf now.
The clinic [Boston IVF-Providence] is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options
Be honest with your expectations and what it is you want
She was very straight forward with expectations and her thoughts on treatment options but still let me choose what I wanted or what I thought was best
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy craw)
Always there for any help or questions you have
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
I've spent thousands so far and can't get my ivf right now bc I can't afford the meds another 1200 out of pocket per cycle of ivf if first doesn't work
Providence
[Treatments with Dr. Kerri Luzzo included] Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage...Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed...Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth... Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative...Advocate for yourself!
There are a lot of patients [at Boston IVF] so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so...The best! The ultrasound tech (Heidi?) and the phlebotomist (Crystal) we’re both amazing and helped me get through everything, including a miscarriage...Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Very nice but definitely felt like a number. Didn’t talk to you like a person. More like you were beneath her. She did however let us make decisions on things which I appreciated. When something didn’t work she helped figure out an alternative.
Advocate for yourself!
She was very nice, but fake. Almost like she was talking down to me.
Fresh transfer with Crinone - ended in miscarriage Medicated Frozen transfer with Progesterone injection - failed Natural Frozen transfer with Crinone - ended in live Singleton birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie the nurse was very unorganized, she was a big reason I almost switched clinics. She didn’t know which way was up. The woman at the front desk, the phlebotomist and the ultrasound tech were all AMAZING!! I cried when we “graduated” because of them!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There are a lot of patients so the nurse gets confused quite often but the rest of the staff (front desk, phlebotomist and ultrasound tech) are amazing! Keep on top of things because you can’t rely on the nurse to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The nurse is unorganized and didn’t have any bedside manner. Rude at times and didn’t know what was going on.
Providence
Dr. Luzzo was caring and thorough but in the end did not have enough experience for my case. She classified me as being in the small population with normal tests and no pregnancies. Another doctor later found things she missed.... Dr. Luzzo tried several different FET protocols and did find one that gave me good lining....She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
[Boston IVF- Providence] A nice small clinic with staff that gets to know you as a person. They take their time and sincerely wish you the best. Their monitoring hours could be longer but there are so few patients there is little wait time... Monitoring is always well run and you see people you know. They know your name and ask how you are as a person. They genuinely care about your cycles and take an interest in you.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to move on if things are not working
She is caring and takes her time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy always called back promptly and took her time listening to me and getting me answers
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
We had no costs other than our insurance deductible
She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
Providence
She [Dr. Luzzo] explained everything in great detail. She clearly knows her stuff. The amount of information delivered is however overwhelming, making it hard to retain. I also did not feel seen as a person as she seemed emotion-less, which probably had nothing to do with me but has made appointments a bit uncomfortable....She feels quite distant and lethargic. Little warmth. No apparent enthusiasm
Great location [Boston IVF - Providence]. Pleasant set-up. Very friendly front desk staff. Downside: Weekend coverage as well as sperm storage is at a different clinic or in Waltham, MA. Certain procedures are only in Waltham.... Wendy [nurse] seems to know a lot about infertility, IUIs and IVF procedures. She has also felt rather distant and unmotivated.... Regular IUI $450. Monitored IUI: $1050. unsure otherwise
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She explained everything in great detail. She clearly knows her stuff. The amount of information delivered is however overwhelming, making it hard to retain. I also did not feel seen as a person as she seemed emotion-less, which probably had nothing to do with me but has made appointments a bit uncomfortable.
Do not expect warmth
She feels quite distant and lethargic. Little warmth. No apparent enthusiasm
Until now monitored IUI was recommended. Moving forward IVF is recommended due to unexplained infertility
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy seems to know a lot about infertility, IUIs and IVF procedures. She has also felt rather distant and unmotivated.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Great location. Pleasant set-up. Very friendly front desk staff. Downside: Weekend coverage as well as sperm storage is at a different clinic or in Waltham, MA. Certain procedures are only in Waltham.
Regular IUI $450. Monitored IUI: $1050. unsure otherwise

2020, Unknown Success
I felt like a number to her [Dr. Luzzo] . I saw her for a year and talked to her four times. I would ask questions and a nurse would try to answer them not the actual doctor. I told her what I wanted to do I’m certain situations. She said that it wasn’t a problem and then didn’t do what she promised...I felt like they were not tailoring a plan to me and when things didn’t go as expected they provided no guidance.
The [Boston IVF] staff I saw on a day to day basis were very sweet and supportive. Unfortunately the ones controlling my treatment completely ignored me and what I wanted to achieve with my treatments. I didn’t feel like a person. I felt like they were not tailoring a plan to me and when things didn’t go as expected they provided no guidance..
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
I felt like a number to her. I saw her for a year and talked to her four times. I would ask questions and a nurse would try to answer them not the actual doctor. I told her what I wanted to do I’m certain situations. She said that it wasn’t a problem and then didn’t do what she promised.
Go somewhere else
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
She tried to hang up on me multiple times as I was trying to ask questions. I felt like I was just a box to check off her list. She was rude almost every time I spoke with her
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The staff I saw on a day to day basis were very sweet and supportive. Unfortunately the ones controlling my treatment completely ignored me and what I wanted to achieve with my treatments. I didn’t feel like a person. I felt like they were not tailoring a plan to me and when things didn’t go as expected they provided no guidance.
Providence

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] was recommended by a doctor who I trust. She was not warm and I barely met with her. Communication with her amd with the clinic was limited and there was not enough information passed along to me at times.... She wanted me to do IVF or medicated IUI due to my age. She let me do unmedicated IUI since it was my choice.
The people who drew my blood [at Boston IVF- RSC- Providence] for the.monitored IUI were great! One of the nurses, Julie, was great! She was kind and helpful and understanding. Communication was poor from my primary nurse and from the financial person and from the front desk....Communication with my nurse was also limited and not warm or informative. Communication wi th the financial person was extremely difficult and even disrespectful.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She was recommended by a doctor who I trust. She was not warm and I barely met with her. Communication with her amd with the clinic was limited and there was not enough information passed along to me at times.
If you don't need a personal touch, she may be an ok choice.
She was not very warm. Communication with my nurse was also limited and not warm or informative. Communication wi th the financial person was extremely difficult and even disrespectful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The people who drew my blood for the.monitored IUI were great! One of the nurses, Julie, was great! She was kind and helpful and understanding. Communication was poor from my primary nurse and from the financial person and from the front desk.
Providence
Dr.Luzzo put her all into our situation. She was the first doctor to diagnose the reason for my pregnancy loss while other doctors did not even do the proper testing. She makes us feel comfortable and we trust in her. ... Dr. Luzzo is caring and sympathetic. ... Even when it came down to insurance issues she put her all into figuring it out for us. She has made our experience so far more comfortable.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is comfortable and the staff is friendly. Sometimes getting in for an appointment can be difficult if you have a busy schedule. The office is a bit far for me but are good about emailing me order to have bloodwork at a closer lab. ... There was only one case where they forgot to send the prescription to the phatmacy for me. ... Sometimes I feel her nurse can come off insensitive.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Luzzo is caring and sympathetic. She made us feel like she was doing all that she could do help our situation. Even when it came down to insurance issues she put her all into figuring it out for us. She has made our experience so far more comfortable.
My advice would be to always keep an open mind and be patient. Our news was not what we wanted to hear but we put our trust in Dr.Luzzo and we feel she will hive us the end result we are looking for.
I have a uterine anomaly which has caused reoccurrent pregnancy loss. Dr.Luzzo has consulted with other doctors on the team regarding my situation. Our next step is to have surgery to repair the uterus and remove scar tissue and then start our IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Sometimes I feel her nurse can come off insensitive. You can sometimes tell she is busy and I feel sometimes like I'm bothering her.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is comfortable and the staff is friendly. Sometimes getting in for an appointment can be difficult if you have a busy schedule. The office is a bit far for me but are good about emailing me order to have bloodwork at a closer lab. The atmosphere of the office is very comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
Pgs testing will cost us around $3500. IVF is covered with a $125 copay. I've had 2 uterine surgeries with a $125 copay each. I will also have copays for the medications associated with IVF
She recommended single embryo transfer due to our high risk situation.
Providence
I had a lot of tests with her [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] regarding my endometriosis and she put me on birth control and ordered all My hormones. I do not know the specifics but i could get them. She performed a surgery to prep me for hormones and egg retrieval To clean out my endo. However just at the 2 week mark of my birth control i got the call to set up an appointment to go over dosages and how to administrate them and my husband also got the news his company was bought out and our new insurance would start. Well dr luzzo did everything she could to find out if my new insurance would cover it .
They [Boston IVF- Providence] have a lot of locations in the area. They even do satellite offices to make is easier for patients . It’s always clean and well Staffed . I always felt like if i called they were helpful in getting me the right information or the right person. They have a central Location for procedures in Waltham and it’s super clean and well organized. They run t like a well Oiled machine. I can’t recommend this enough and my dr
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is caring and passionate about her job. She truly treats each patient with respect and importance. She wants to help you have a family just as much as you want one. She’s honest and kind. She is accommodating to patients needs and fears and reassure you Along the way. She answered all my questions and had a plan set in place but was flexiable when things came up.
Be honest and open so she can treat you property .
They entire office staff is welcoming and caring . After a few appointment they would say hi by names to all the patients walking i . They never made it uncomfortable. Dr luzzo was warm and supportive during all our convos. They worked hard to work with my insurance!
I had a lot of tests with her regarding my endometriosis and she put me on birth control and ordered all My hormones. I do not know the specifics but i could get them. She performed a surgery to prep me for hormones and egg retrieval To clean out my endo. However just at the 2 week mark of my birth control i got the call to set up an appointment to go over dosages and how to administrate them and my husband also got the news his company was bought out and our new insurance would start. Well dr luzzo did everything she could to find out if my new insurance would cover it . She was hopeful that it would ordered my medication had me continue my appointments and knew i was ready to start. I had all my dates lined up for injections ultra sounds etc . Within days my entire world turned when i found out my husbands insurance did not cover a single thing in IVF and we would have to pay out of pocket. I was at a stop sign in our journey and could not move forward for financial reasons. Dr luzzo checked in on me and was very compassionate about the situation and even offered all different options for payment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Caring and welcoming after a few appointments they remembered your name and always made you feel Comfortable .
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They have a lot of locations in the area. They even do satellite offices to make is easier for patients . It’s always clean and well Staffed . I always felt like if i called they were helpful in getting me the right information or the right person. They have a central Location for procedures in Waltham and it’s super clean and well organized. They run t like a well Oiled machine. I can’t recommend this enough and my dr
My insurance paid 100 percent
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I hadn’t to call and remind them 2x to send my paper work over to. I had switched drs from Dr Pauli to dr luzzo .
Providence

Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle...The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. It also has access with the Domar Center which provides nutrition information, acupuncture, and other self care options...Costs associated with medication, co-pays for office visits, tests, and procedures.
The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. ...My primary nurse was great: very good at coordination, communication, and seemed to have compassion when our first cycle failed. However, there was another nurse on the team, who when she called to give me negative results, was completely opposite. She was unorganized and had to call me back twice to tell me about future appointments.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dan)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He seemed to favor a SET, but ultimately it seemed like insurance requirements dictated how many to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I had one nurse who called to tell me about my negative pregnancy results, and instead of scheduling a follow up appointment, had to call me several times to remember all the information she was supposed to coordinate with me.
Isaac Glatstein
Quincy
[The nurses at Boston IVF are] Very helpful and answered any questions I have whenever I needed things to be either talked out or answered....We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are...Very welcoming, great environment in both clinics I’ve been to. Made some great clinic relationships with some staff as I was going in several times a week. I would like the ability to speak with someone right away more often but other than that both offices are great...She [Dr. Nina Resetkova] was very warm, very knowledgeable. Any question I asked she would take the time to explain without making me feel like I was asking too much...Every step has been planned out and everyone is friendly and available when I need someone... We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are...
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Boston IVF as a whole has been great. I’ve gone to several locations to have different things done. From the nurses, to to MAs to the financial team. Every step has been planned out and everyone is friendly and available when I need someone
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Be prepared, ask lots of questions. And don’t hesitate to take as much time as your need
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She was very warm, very knowledgeable. Any question I asked she would take the time to explain without making me feel like I was asking too much
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
So far, I have been helped buy many resources within Boston IVF. We never went to the next step too fast and everything was within in time and how comfortable we as a couple are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF.
Unsure as I’m still in the process

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions...was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
The clinic [IVF New England] is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well...She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr Luzzo was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
Continue with what she is doing
She is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
limited coverage by insurance, mostly out of pocket costs which has limited ability to move forward with IVF cycles
none
Raynham

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Resetkova has sat and listened to me cry, both in person and over the phone, and has been so compassionate. She definitely does not just see us as a number, she has called me anytime she hears about a possible study or alternative, such as a clinic in LA that will allow same sex couples to adopt embryos, that may help us successfully achieve pregnancy...she goes out of her way to find ways to make this journey very individualized, to minimize your fears and help you understand this journey.
Layunda, or "Lou" [nurse at Boston IVF] as she is called, is so sweet and compassionate, she has always been so friendly and upbeat, and has been so supportive when things don't go as we want them to...The office opens early for monitoring appointments, which is great. On the weekends all monitoring is done at the Waltham office, and all procedures are done at the Waltham office, so the doctor that does your egg retrieval or embryo transfer may not be your primary physician but, the ENTIRE team is wonderful and so caring. My most recent post-op nurse was so attentive and helped me manage the pain I was having with such compassion.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
I have had nothing but positive experiences with the team at BostonIVF South Shore, from the administrative staff, nurses, phlebotomist, ultrasound techs, and Dr. Resetkova. Everyone is so kind and seems to be genuinely interested in you and your path to parenthood. I can be open an honest with them about how all of this feels, and how frustrating an infertility diagnosis is. They were genuinely happy when we did achieve a pregnancy, and they cried with us when we lost that pregnancy. I feel so completely supported by the team at BostonIVF.
Be honest and open with her about your concerns, she goes out of her way to find ways to make this journey very individualized, to minimize your fears and help you understand this journey.
I did several un-medicated IUI cycles, then moved onto medicated IUI cylces, non of which resulted in pregnancy. We tried cycles with clomid, and FSH. Then we moved onto IVF, my first IVF cycle started with a short period of oral contraceptive then with used Gonal-F and Menopur to stimulated. We started with lower doses of the Gonal-F and increased as needed with monitoring. This cycle produced very few eggs and was converted to an IUI cycle which was unsuccessful. The next IVF cycle started with high doses of Gonal-F and Menopur, with this cycle we retrieved 8 eggs, more then she expected, 6 fertilized and 2 made it to good quality day 5 blastocysts. We opted not to test our embryos because we were worried with limited numbers we could risk losing them. We transferred both of these embryos and I was pregnant but, lost the baby to a trisomy at 18 weeks. My mos recent IVF cycle we followed the same medication plan, high doses of Gonal F and Menopur, we got 3 eggs, and 2 fertilized. We transferred both of these embryos on day 3. We are now in a holding period because of the COVID 19 pandemic. I am taking an oral contraceptive now in preparation for a hopeful cycle start in May. At that time we will be using Gonal F, Lupron, and Menopur (I believe).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Layunda)
Layunda, or "Lou" as she is called, is so sweet and compassionate, she has always been so friendly and upbeat, and has been so supportive when things don't go as we want them to.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Some of my care was covered under insurance but, some was not. In total I believe we have spent over $10,000 on fertility treatments.
Describe Nina Resetkova's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Our physician explained to us that given my age, the likelihood of multiple pregnancy was low as we would likely lose 1/2 of the embryos transferred. If we retrieve more than 5 eggs that successfully fertilize we will wait until day 5 if possible and transfer 2, if we get less then 5 we will transfer on day 3 and will transfer up to 3 embryos based on quality.
South Shore

I started ivf at 40, at no point has Dr Murphy ever made me feel like having a baby is an unattainable goal for me. She is smart, well respected and one of the most genuine and compassionate docs I have ever had. I couldn’t imagine going through this with any other doc by my side...My biggest issue is a lack of mature eggs. Dr Murphy switched up my trigger to a double after my first retrieval only resulted in 2 mature eggs despite having 10 measurable follicles. The double (lupron and HCG) have definitely improved my outcomes.
Amy [nurse at Boston IVF] has been wonderful. I always feel like I’m talking to an extension of Dr Murphy when I talk to her. She returns my calls quickly and always has an answer ready for any of my questions...Many people say Boston IVF is like a “factory.” My experience has been the total opposite. I feel so well cared for. Even when I had my miscarriage, I had already been released to an OB but asked if BIVF would do my follow up care and they didn’t hesitate to take me back as a patient immediately despite that not being standard operating procedure. I will never regret my decision to go to this clinic!
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr Murphy is by far one of my favorite doctors. She is compassionate, honest and truly cares about her patients. Every nurse I have seen at varying clinic locations comments on her incredible bedside manner. I started ivf at 40, at no point has Dr Murphy ever made me feel like having a baby is an unattainable goal for me. She is smart, well respected and one of the most genuine and compassionate docs I have ever had. I couldn’t imagine going through this with any other doc by my side.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
She is only in the South Shore office one day a week so appointments can be hard but I have found her main office in Brookline to not be a challenge at all!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr. Murphy truly cares about her patients. She has celebrated our successes and grieved our failures right along with us.
Describe the protocols Lauren Murphy used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have been using Menopur, Gonal and Cetrotide. My biggest issue is a lack of mature eggs. Dr Murphy switched up my trigger to a double after my first retrieval only resulted in 2 mature eggs despite having 10 measurable follicles. The double (lupron and HCG) have definitely improved my outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy M)
Amy has been wonderful. I always feel like I’m talking to an extension of Dr Murphy when I talk to her. She returns my calls quickly and always has an answer ready for any of my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I have been very fortunate to have good insurance. Just wish I could afford PGS!
Lauren Murphy

2016 - 2019, Successful
We had a great experience with Dr Brian Berger. After our first cycle was not successful in a couple of ways, he adjusted our treatment for the second cycle. That second cycle gave us our baby girl. We are going back to him for a sibling cycle. The biggest roadblock right now is trying to get his time to write us letters of appeal for insurance (which may not be a fault of his but supporting staff not helping to get it in queue).
I had a mixed experience with the nurses [BostonIVF]. One nurse I felt would rush me through everything from paperwork to questions to talking me through progress throughout the cycle. I do not recall her name. While other nurses were so very nurturing and wouldn't mind if I called for updates to make me feel better. I think there is an opportunity for the staff to be more patient / customer focused. The office is so busy and has become so popular
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Make sure to ask any and all questions. Read up and be knowledgeable so you can advocate for yourself. This is with him or any other doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Brian Berger took the time to speak to us about our case. He took the time to understand who we are as individuals and as a couple. He took the time to learn our story.
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
My first cycle was included estrace, crinone, follistim, low hcg, cetrotide and ovridel. It yielded 17 eggs, 5 matured, 2 fertilized, 1 became a day 3 embryo transfer. This ended in a chemical pregnancy. Round 2 had the same drugs except we did a step-down protcol in order to yield more mature eggs. Round 2 resulted in 16 eggs, 10 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 day 3 embryo. This resulted in a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I had a mixed experience with the nurses. One nurse I felt would rush me through everything from paperwork to questions to talking me through progress throughout the cycle. I do not recall her name. While other nurses were so very nurturing and wouldn't mind if I called for updates to make me feel better. I think there is an opportunity for the staff to be more patient / customer focused. The office is so busy and has become so popular that they sometimes forget.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths = results, statistics (top clinic in the area) Weaknesses = putting patients first, not nurturing as should be, communication is terrible, really hard to get a hold of sometimes, constant phone tag, takes forever to get an appointment with a doctor and sometimes it is only over the phone and not in person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Our health insurance had lifetime maxes. We were able to cover treatment, minus deductibles, but had out of pocket expenses for medication. I'd say out of pocket a cycle typically costs $20K, that is with ICSI.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr Brian Berger was open to multiple embryo transfer, as he understands why patients would want to go that route. He just wanted to ensure his patients understood risks and to make sure they were comfortable with the outcomes that could occur.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I'm currently trying to get Dr Brian Berger to write appeal letters for both my and my husband's employer health insurance. It's taken over a month of asking and I still do not have an answer of when he can provide them to us.
South Shore

During our initial discussion with Dr. Berger we felt he really listened to us, asked us very detailed questions and follow up questions, and thoroughly went over options and potential treatment plans. He generally just had amazing bedside manner. We’ve done two retrievals (about to do our third), and the follow up meetings with Dr. Berger were lengthy, he went over every single detail of what went wrong and what went right, and gave us plenty of tome to ask all our questions. We never felt rushed during our meetings.
The monitoring appointments [at Boston IVF- South Shore] were fast! I was always done with the ultrasound and blood draw within 20 minutes of arriving at Quincy or Waltham. Also, I live on the Cape, and Boston IVF has an arrangement with a local Ultrasound clinic. I was able to do monitoring Monday-Thursday on the Cape, I had to go to Quincy on Friday’s, and Waltham on Sat & Sun.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Every experience we’ve had with Dr. Berger has strengthened our trust in him. He has great bedside manner, thoroughly explains every step of the process and his reasons behind his decisions for our treatment. He also doesn’t sugarcoat anything, which is appreciated.
Do as much research as possible and learn the lingo. There is a lot of new information, it can be overwhelming to try and follow a conversation at first. Be your own advocate and always bring a list of questions.
I did not do Birth Control priming, instead I was put on Estrogen pills twice a day for 10 days before my period. On day 2 of my cycle I started Gonal-F and Low Dose HCG. My first cycle started with 325 of Gonal-F and 20 of Low Dose HCG, Cetrotide was added around day 9 to slow the growth of the leading follicles. I stimmed for 13 days total. They retrieved 19 follicles, 15 were mature, 6 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5 and one was transferred. The other embryo stopped growing later on day 5. I didn’t get pregnant from this round. Round 2 used the same medications, but upped the dosages to get larger follicles. My starting doses were 450 of Gonal-F and 40 of Low Dose HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meghan)
Meghan was our primary nurse and Stephanie was our nurse about 30% of the time. They both were great. The office has a policy to return all phone calls if they are left before 4pm, and I loved that.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The only negative I have with Boston IVF is the lack of direct communication with Dr Berger. We have done 2 IVF cycles and have only talked with Dr. Berger 3 times. All other appointments and communication have been with Ultrasound techs or the nursing team. This hasn’t actually been a problem for us, everyone has been great to work with, but it could be a big negative for some patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
The monitoring appointments were fast! I was always done with the ultrasound and blood draw within 20 minutes of arriving at Quincy or Waltham. Also, I live on the Cape, and Boston IVF has an arrangement with a local Ultrasound clinic. I was able to do monitoring Monday-Thursday on the Cape, I had to go to Quincy on Friday’s, and Waltham on Sat & Sun.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
I live in Massachusetts and my insurance covers IVF coverage. So I only had to meet my yearly $2000 deductible, and pay $50 copays for office visits with the Dr. My prescription copays added up to about $300 per cycle. We are electing to do PGS testing on the embryos, costing $3700 for 8 embryos.
Dr. Berger strongly recommend we only transfer one embryo and we agreed.
South Shore

You will have a wait when seeing Dr. Berger, however this is a positive thing as he does not rush any patient in his office. I appreciate the time he takes to complete a thorough evaluation/consultation which is individualized to the patient. ... I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office.
Boston IVF Quincy is easily accessible. The lab-work, ultrasound run right on time in the morning which is wonderful for anyone that needs to get to work. The Quincy lab tech is fabulous and the front desk staff always helpful. ... Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window. ... The strengths of the nurses are that they always get back to you same day when you leave a message. The weaknesses are that the nurses are not consistently assigned to your case.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I would highly recommend Dr. Brian Berger. I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office. He gave me a course of treatment/plan that he recommended but did not pressure me into it, allowing me to weigh out my options and do my own research which was very important for me since I am a self pay patient.
Dr. Brian Berger was very thorough at each visit/consultation. We never felt rushed while in his office and truly felt like our medical history was important in creating a plan for success.
I believe i was on a FSH protocol, slow controlled stimulation, I stimmed for approximately 15 or 16 days, and due to risk for hyperovarian simulation syndrome I triggered with Lupron and had no issues. I had 24 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized and 11 embryos that made it to blasts/freeze at day 5/6.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
I am self pay, IVF with medications and frozen transfer with PGS testing roughly 22,000
N/A have not had transfer yet