Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

During our initial discussion with Dr. Berger we felt he really listened to us, asked us very detailed questions and follow up questions, and thoroughly went over options and potential treatment plans. He generally just had amazing bedside manner. We’ve done two retrievals (about to do our third), and the follow up meetings with Dr. Berger were lengthy, he went over every single detail of what went wrong and what went right, and gave us plenty of tome to ask all our questions. We never felt rushed during our meetings.
The monitoring appointments [at Boston IVF- South Shore] were fast! I was always done with the ultrasound and blood draw within 20 minutes of arriving at Quincy or Waltham. Also, I live on the Cape, and Boston IVF has an arrangement with a local Ultrasound clinic. I was able to do monitoring Monday-Thursday on the Cape, I had to go to Quincy on Friday’s, and Waltham on Sat & Sun.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Every experience we’ve had with Dr. Berger has strengthened our trust in him. He has great bedside manner, thoroughly explains every step of the process and his reasons behind his decisions for our treatment. He also doesn’t sugarcoat anything, which is appreciated.
Do as much research as possible and learn the lingo. There is a lot of new information, it can be overwhelming to try and follow a conversation at first. Be your own advocate and always bring a list of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did not do Birth Control priming, instead I was put on Estrogen pills twice a day for 10 days before my period. On day 2 of my cycle I started Gonal-F and Low Dose HCG. My first cycle started with 325 of Gonal-F and 20 of Low Dose HCG, Cetrotide was added around day 9 to slow the growth of the leading follicles. I stimmed for 13 days total. They retrieved 19 follicles, 15 were mature, 6 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5 and one was transferred. The other embryo stopped growing later on day 5. I didn’t get pregnant from this round. Round 2 used the same medications, but upped the dosages to get larger follicles. My starting doses were 450 of Gonal-F and 40 of Low Dose HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meghan)
Meghan was our primary nurse and Stephanie was our nurse about 30% of the time. They both were great. The office has a policy to return all phone calls if they are left before 4pm, and I loved that.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The only negative I have with Boston IVF is the lack of direct communication with Dr Berger. We have done 2 IVF cycles and have only talked with Dr. Berger 3 times. All other appointments and communication have been with Ultrasound techs or the nursing team. This hasn’t actually been a problem for us, everyone has been great to work with, but it could be a big negative for some patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
The monitoring appointments were fast! I was always done with the ultrasound and blood draw within 20 minutes of arriving at Quincy or Waltham. Also, I live on the Cape, and Boston IVF has an arrangement with a local Ultrasound clinic. I was able to do monitoring Monday-Thursday on the Cape, I had to go to Quincy on Friday’s, and Waltham on Sat & Sun.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
I live in Massachusetts and my insurance covers IVF coverage. So I only had to meet my yearly $2000 deductible, and pay $50 copays for office visits with the Dr. My prescription copays added up to about $300 per cycle. We are electing to do PGS testing on the embryos, costing $3700 for 8 embryos.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Berger strongly recommend we only transfer one embryo and we agreed.
South Shore

You will have a wait when seeing Dr. Berger, however this is a positive thing as he does not rush any patient in his office. I appreciate the time he takes to complete a thorough evaluation/consultation which is individualized to the patient. ... I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office.
Boston IVF Quincy is easily accessible. The lab-work, ultrasound run right on time in the morning which is wonderful for anyone that needs to get to work. The Quincy lab tech is fabulous and the front desk staff always helpful. ... Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window. ... The strengths of the nurses are that they always get back to you same day when you leave a message. The weaknesses are that the nurses are not consistently assigned to your case.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I would highly recommend Dr. Brian Berger. I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office. He gave me a course of treatment/plan that he recommended but did not pressure me into it, allowing me to weigh out my options and do my own research which was very important for me since I am a self pay patient.
Dr. Brian Berger was very thorough at each visit/consultation. We never felt rushed while in his office and truly felt like our medical history was important in creating a plan for success.
I believe i was on a FSH protocol, slow controlled stimulation, I stimmed for approximately 15 or 16 days, and due to risk for hyperovarian simulation syndrome I triggered with Lupron and had no issues. I had 24 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized and 11 embryos that made it to blasts/freeze at day 5/6.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
I am self pay, IVF with medications and frozen transfer with PGS testing roughly 22,000
N/A have not had transfer yet

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Brian Berger is a] Nice enough doctor, but hardly actually see him. The IUI procedures are even performed in another office, and are performed by staff from that office. Have had maybe 2 in person visits with him, and one or two phone consults...Of the numerous IUI cycles, only one egg fertilized, but it was a biochemical pregnancy, and what I thought was just a heavy period was apparently actually miscarrying at not even a full 4 weeks. I'm turning 43 in a matter of weeks and am super frustrated with the fact that after so much time, money, stress and tears, I still have no children.
A couple of times I wasn't called back with next step instructions [at Boston IVF] when I was supposed to be, despite my calling the office repeatedly, and both times that happened, it wound up being a canceled cycle. I still wonder if it is because they screwed up and I didn't get the instructions properly...Let's just say that, for the 7 or 8 IUI attempts we tried, I maxed out 3 credit cards...Theyre often very, very behind schedule. Have sat in the waiting room for over an hour before being called in. The woman who does the blood draws is absolutely fabulous, though. Im a tough draw, my veins like to roll away and hide, but she can always manage to get one to cooperate.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
You may get frustrated with the entire clinic.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Some were great. One older woman does NOT belong working there. No empathy at all. I wish I'd written down her name to be more specific. Made an already heartbreaking day worse.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
A couple of times I wasn't called back with next step instructions when I was supposed to be, despite my calling the office repeatedly, and both times that happened, it wound up being a canceled cycle. I still wonder if it is because they screwed up and I didn't get the instructions properly and threw off what should have happened w
South Shore

He [Dr. Brain Berger] is confident and has alot of experience with diminished ovarian reserve. However, his choice of protocols began to feel cookie-cutter, as he was not receptive to changing up the protocols for us, even after 4 IVF cycles with no pregnancy...Don't expect to see him face to face very much. But he does review all of his patients monitoring results himself, and makes the recommendations via his nurses.
[Boston IVF is] big and you begin to fee like a number. Your primary doctor will not always be the one doing your egg retrievals or transfers. You have to be comfortable with other RE's doing your procedures. For the procedures, you have to travel to Waltham, which may be farther than your home clinic...We never had any problems with the nursing staff at BIVF. I also emailed Catherine with questions and she was prompt at getting back to me via email, and phone calls.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He is confident and has alot of experience with diminished ovarian reserve. However, his choice of protocols began to feel cookie-cutter, as he was not receptive to changing up the protocols for us, even after 4 IVF cycles with no pregnancy.
Many people feel that Dr. Berger comes across as arrogant, this didn't bother me very much, so long as he was confident in what he was doing. Which he wa. He always treated us with honesty and was straight-forward.
He recommended the estrogen priming antagonist protocol for me every time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lamb)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It's big and you begin to fee like a number. Your primary doctor will not always be the one doing your egg retrievals or transfers. You have to be comfortable with other RE's doing your procedures. For the procedures, you have to travel to Waltham, which may be farther than your home clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
They gave you times, but it was mostly a first-come, first-serve basis, which I liked.
Just co-pays
He did not have a strong preference as to the number of embryos transfered; however, if at day 3 he felt like you may lose some at day 4 or 5, he recommends transfering 2, for example, on day 3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
On the day of a transfer, I found out Dr. Berger decided to transfer 2 embryos instead of 1 without letting us know prior.
South Shore

Dr Berger helped me contact my OB, who was able to schedule a few tests and have it covered by my insurance under her care...is thorough, precise, kind, welcoming. He does not sugar coat anything, but he is also very gentle and sympathetic. He gets right down to the details right away and let’s you know exactly what’s going on. He has had to deliver a lot of bad news to us, specifically insurance denying us coverage, so he told us straight up but he always ALWAYS makes sure he takes time to let us voice our concerns, ask questions, cry, vent, and he lets us know our options with each step. He also lets us see the bright side of everything and let’s us know that we are not out of options.
These women [nurses at Boston IVF] were AMAZING!!!...Every single person in their offices are wonderful. Gentle, kind, compassionate, funny, empathetic, sympathetic. Some will tell you their personal stories so you don’t feel alone. Some will tell you success stories so you keep on hoping and praying. They will hand you tissues, let you cry...If you go for blood work, they will tell you what to expect. “We are gonna draw a lot today. How are you feeling about that?” They will ask if you’re comfortable, if you need anything, and always with a smile on their faces. The staff really is amazing.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger is a little intimidating at first. He will straight up tell you the bad stuff first, that treatment didn’t work, that insurance is denying treatment, that sperm counts are low. That’s exactly what has happened with my husband and I. But then, he walks us through the next steps, options, discusses everything with us and explains it all. He makes sure that we have enough time to really process and understand what news he just gave is and he answers every question to the best of his ability, or makes sure his staff gets us the answers we need. Afterwards, he always puts a positive spin on the appointment. He tells us the best possible ideas of what he wants to try next and he’s compassionate when he is discussing this all. We have been devastated at some of the news he has given us, but he always tells us there’s other ways and that we shouldn’t give up. He is extremely informative, knows the best way to treat each patient or couple, starts with the most direct treatment that will give that patient the best possible outcome. But he also is compassionate and understanding and sympathetic when it doesn’t work. And then he’s positive that there will be another way! He’s a great doctor!
Take your time before your appointment to figure out what questions you’d like answers to, big or small. This whole process is overwhelming, and I don’t think any of us really know what to expect. Dr. Berger will take the time to listen to every concern and answer every question you have. And he does it with a positive outlook, an open mind, and a caring heart.
Dr Berger is thorough, precise, kind, welcoming. He does not sugar coat anything, but he is also very gentle and sympathetic. He gets right down to the details right away and let’s you know exactly what’s going on. He has had to deliver a lot of bad news to us, specifically insurance denying us coverage, so he told us straight up but he always ALWAYS makes sure he takes time to let us voice our concerns, ask questions, cry, vent, and he lets us know our options with each step. He also lets us see the bright side of everything and let’s us know that we are not out of options.
Dr Berger first started me out with day 3 and day 21 blood tests to make sure my cycle was “normal”. He then scheduled me for an HSG, which is a procedure where an OB checked my uterus and Fallopian tubes for any blockages. He then started me on Clomid for a cycle. He wanted to make sure everything within me was working and in good shape. He also had my husband produce a few semen samples within this time to monitor his sperm. Once we knew that my reproductive system was working well, and that my husband did have healthy sperm, Dr Berger wanted to move forward with IVF. Unfortunately, our insurance will not cover it. So we are now discussing our options and praying that a miracle happens.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
These women were AMAZING!!! Believe me, if I could, I would take each one of them home and cook a huge meal for them and pamper them with lots of treats! Every single person in their offices are wonderful. Gentle, kind, compassionate, funny, empathetic, sympathetic. Some will tell you their personal stories so you don’t feel alone. Some will tell you success stories so you keep on hoping and praying. They will hand you tissues, let you cry. They are so incredibly gentle in every way, yet thorough and make sure everything is done exactly how it needs to be done. They walk you through every step so you’re not so scared, and they will hold your hand if you still are scared. When you are there, it truly feels like everyone is a friend.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There are a lot of steps in this fertility thing. The staff always makes sure you know how the process will work and walks (and talks) you through every little and big step. If you go for blood work, they will tell you what to expect. “We are gonna draw a lot today. How are you feeling about that?” They will ask if you’re comfortable, if you need anything, and always with a smile on their faces. The staff really is amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
In the beginning, nothing was covered by my insurance. But Dr Berger helped me contact my OB, who was able to schedule a few tests and have it covered by my insurance under her care. Then, the staff at Boston IVF helped me change to an insurance company that would most likely cover everything else. Most of my “stuff” in office was covered after that, dr visits, medications, blood work, urine tests, etc. we only had to pay our copay. Dr Berger did discuss with us the costs of IUI and IVF but since insurance denied those, we are still trying to figure out what our next steps are.
South Shore

Our biggest concern with dr. Bergers office was that it took so long to make an appointment. At one point in time they had schedule an appointment for us on a day that he was not working, which was frustrating.... I feel that he understands what is going on and closely monitors each patient.... After we had an unsuccessful Embryo transfer due to an inability to pass the catheter, he recommended a hysteroscopy.
I've always felt that everyone was helpful and responsive to phone calls and questions. The staff [Boston IVF -South Shore] for ultrasounds in blood draws was fantastic and conversational when appropriate. The wait was always minimal for any testing and they were able to answer any questions over the phone. Our only problem was being scheduled for an appointment when the doctor wasn't there, and then having to wait to meet with him.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Our biggest concern with dr. Bergers office was that it took so long to make an appointment. At one point in time they had schedule an appointment for us on a day that he was not working, which was frustrating. We were able to reschedule for a couple of weeks later for a phone consult. He recommended something that we had felt we could have taken care of during the wait for the appointment. Ultimately though, it was probably better for my body to have a rest which is what he ended up saying on the phone anyways. I feel that he understands what is going on and closely monitors each patient.
Have patience in the fertility process. We wanted this so bad that it was easy to be frustrated. I definitely feel the doctor Berger is trying to help us get pregnant
Although sometimes it took awhile to get an appointment with him, when he was talking to us he was compassionate and helpful. He also was very positive about our ability to conceive.
We did 3 IUI Cycles with letrozole and then a trigger. For our IVF cycle we did gonal-f, cetrotide and crinone. After we had an unsuccessful Embryo transfer due to an inability to pass the catheter, he recommended a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Our care during blood draws and ultrasounds was fantastic
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I've always felt that everyone was helpful and responsive to phone calls and questions. The staff for ultrasounds in blood draws was fantastic and conversational when appropriate. The wait was always minimal for any testing and they were able to answer any questions over the phone. Our only problem was being scheduled for an appointment when the doctor wasn't there, and then having to wait to meet with him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Almost all of our fertility treatments were covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. There was some initial cost of approximately $600 and then small co-pays of approximately $50 for medications.
We only plan to transfer one during the first cycle and would increase in subsequent Cycles if necessary. We agreed with this strategy.
South Shore
Dr. Resetkova was extremely caring throughout the process of the first time I walked into her offie to personally calling me to tell me about my positive pregnancy test. She explained everything to me, as it applied to me. She customized my treatment for what my body was doing at that moment....I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed 5mg of Femara at the beginning of my cycle. I went in for regular blood work and ultrasound monitoring. I was told when to administer the Ovidrel shot in order to induce ovulation
The entire staff at Boston IVF is very helpful and dedicated to their patients. I never had to worry about getting my results; they called the second they were in and communicated next steps. They were easily available by phone or email....Little wait time in scheduling appointments with the doctor. Really warm staff that gets to know you well as your treatment progresses. I did not have any negative experiences. I was seen at the Quincy office throughout the entire process and I was always in and out on time.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
I absolutely love working with Dr. Resetkova. I had the opportunity to be seen at MGH or BWH where my consults with MFMs were as I would be a high risk pregnancy after my second trimester loss. I chose to return to Dr. Resetkova because I fully trusted her after the first round of successful treatment. She explained everything to me, I never had questions about what would happen next. After my loss she developed a plan to get us towards our next round of treatment, when we were comfortable, as well as to help me get the information I needed to understand what happened in my pregnancy as well as what questions to ask of a MFM who will be managing my pregnancy in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Ask questions about the various forms of treatment. A lot of clinics it seems will want to rush you to IUI or IVF. We chose to use ovulation induction without IUI after I asked further questions and she was completely on board and it worked for us our first try.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Dr. Resetkova was extremely caring throughout the process of the first time I walked into her offie to personally calling me to tell me about my positive pregnancy test. She explained everything to me, as it applied to me. She customized my treatment for what my body was doing at that moment. When I experienced a second trimester loss (unrelated to infertility or her treatment) she sat down with me to go over everything that happened; gave me helpful information as well as questions to ask MFM during consults; and created a new treatment plan with me so I would have steps to take, as she knows and understands that I'm a person that really needs a plan and having steps to look forward to.
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed 5mg of Femara at the beginning of my cycle. I went in for regular blood work and ultrasound monitoring. I was told when to administer the Ovidrel shot in order to induce ovulation and on what days to have relations. We then went back for two HCG blood draws and two ultrasounds before I went to my regular OB for care.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Easily available by phone or email to discuss issues. Little wait time in scheduling appointments with the doctor. Really warm staff that gets to know you well as your treatment progresses. I did not have any negative experiences. I was seen at the Quincy office throughout the entire process and I was always in and out on time. The early morning monitoring ensures that I got results by the early afternoon and that my work day wasn't interrupted.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF.
I had a $40 copay for my visits with Dr. Resetkova; I paid nothing out of pocket for monitoring ultrasounds/blood work. I had a prescription co pay for Ovidrel that was $130. I did not pay for Femara.
South Shore
Be prepared to talk to nurses more than him [Dr. Berger] for the majority of the time...He is very kind and gentle. I wish I got hard numbers for odds, but I’m not sure any doctor can really give that. I do wish I saw or spoke with him instead of the nurses more often, but honestly, I know he is busy reviewing results and creating protocols and I can respect that. My feeling is, he is the expert and whatever he needs to make the magic happen, I support
I was given my negative result [by Boston IVF] on a voicemail once. I did not appreciate that at all. The other two times I was able to answer the phone...Nice place. Several locations, which is great. Surgery and lab on site at the main office. Although I have never been to any other clinic and cannot compare, everything feels very “top of the line” at bivf...The staff are all pretty attentive and caring. It does take a while to get a follow up appointment, but phone appointments make it easier to get one faster and since I live far away, I really appreciate being able to do phone appointments.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to talk to nurses more than him for the majority of the time. They are really helpful though, and will make sure to get all your questions answered
We used ovarian stims to try to get several eggs at each retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I was given my negative result on a voicemail once. I did not appreciate that at all. The other two times I was able to answer the phone.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Nice place. Several locations, which is great. Surgery and lab on site at the main office. Although I have never been to any other clinic and cannot compare, everything feels very “top of the line” at bivf. Speak up and don’t be afraid to ask questions about your protocol because it might not be explained in great detail, although it will certainly be explained to some degree. I am lucky that I have great insurance, but I think they have access to grant or study $ options which is great too
We have never discussed my decision to transfer one embryo. I have always been fine with transferring two 3 day or 1 at 5 day

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
I cannot say enough positive feedback about Dr. Berger. He is a brilliant MD who respects all of his patients. He has been compassionate to both my wife and I throughout this heartbreaking journey of infertility. He stood by us when we decided to fight our insurance company for IVF coverage (since this was an infertility issue and not just because we lacked sperm) after a heartbreaking year of trying to conceive. He was also so supportive and positive after we suffered a miscarriage.
I typically speak with Kayla or Allison [nurses at Boston IVF] and they are both fantastic. They are knowledgeable and compassionate. Typically, if I am calling them it's because I need something and they are always so understanding. They always call you back and never seem to be rushed or annoyed by my many questions. There is a PACU nurse named Kris, that is an exceptional nurse and such a gift to the practice. She is also so compassionate and clearly chose the right field to practice in.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
If you are contemplating a consult or even a second opinion, I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Berger. I see that others say he can run behind schedule, just plan for the time. Once in the room with him, you will have his undivided attention. That is much more important to me than someone running on time. I expect that from routine visits but not from something as emotional as a visit with your RE.
Dr. Berger is a kind and compassionate physician. He definitely treats you like a human and remembers you both on the phone and in person. Although the center is busy, I have never felt "like just another number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
I typically speak with Kayla or Allison and they are both fantastic. They are knowledgeable and compassionate. Typically, if I am calling them it's because I need something and they are always so understanding. They always call you back and never seem to be rushed or annoyed by my many questions. There is a PACU nurse named Kris, that is an exceptional nurse and such a gift to the practice. She is also so compassionate and clearly chose the right field to practice in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Everything was covered by insurance after I completed 6 IUI that was out of pocket
We did eSET for the 1st 2 transfers as it was required by BCBS of MA. We would have done 2 embryos after the first transfer failed and he supported that.
South Shore
Brian Berger is an exceptional physician and an even better person. During our visits, Dr. Berger always presented with confidence in his ability to give us our baby. He explained complicated medical terminology in a way my husband and I never felt overwhelmed by. Although he can run late for his appointments, know that he is giving the same care to all his patients...Dr. Berger always made my husband and I feel like his only patients. He would answer questions I didn't know I had by explaining every aspect of our fertility journey in detail.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians...The nursing staff was great and always professional. I always felt they were prompt in returning phone calls, and thorough in their explainations (medication dosage, etc)...With Massachusetts being a state that mandates fertility coverage, we were only responsible for copayment...If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is the best in his field. He will think outside the box and do everything he can to get you your baby.
I was 32 during my fresh cycle. I stimmed for 12 nights. I took Gonal-F and low dose HcG. Midway through, my dosage of Gonal decreased. The last four nights of stims I was on ganirelex to prevent ovulation. I triggered with Ovidrel. They were able to retrieve 16 eggs, 12 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians. If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Dr. Berger was willing to listen to us in regards to transferring two embryos each time.
South Shore
The wait to see him [Dr. Berger] is always an hour at least, but when you're with him you get the sense that he's very engaged in the conversation and not rushed...You only get to see Dr. Berger at your initial consult and then again after the retrieval to get results. There's a long wait but when you're with him, he takes his time and you don't feel rushed. It's just hard not to feel like a number - you can tell they do this day in and day out and the info can be really overwhelming - if you don't advocate for yourself you could get lost in the system.
You have a main nursing line [at Boston IVF] you call with many nurses calling back. All were nice, but some were more patient and compassionate than others...2nd round is about $17,500 plus meds and genetics...Weaknesses - Dr. Berger has a busy schedule so you sometimes have to wait weeks to see him and appointments are sometimes by phone vs. in person. Long waits to see him as well - the 2 times we've gone it's been over an hour wait. Strength Dr. Berger created the protocol we were assigned to so you know you're in good hands. He's very patient while you're with him and kind. He's optimistic but doesn't give false hope.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
We came to Dr. Berger after finding out that MGH was closing their lab in December 2016 which would have delayed our first treatment cycle. We found Dr. Berger to be very informative and more encouraging than Dr. Toth had been. The wait to see him is always an hour at least, but when you're with him you get the sense that he's very engaged in the conversation and not rushed.
Come prepared and do your research - ask lots of questions and leave the office asking "what is next". Ask about the protocols that they're recommending and what alternative there are. Ask about the medications and what each one does and ask about the treatment plan, how often you'll be in monitoring, what to expect at the retrieval and next steps. Ask whether genetic testing is worth it. Just ask...
Start with Estradiol and then injections start- Gonal F, HCG, Cetrotide, Ovidrel Leutal Estrogen Protocol - FSH
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
You have a main nursing line you call with many nurses calling back. All were nice, but some were more patient and compassionate than others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
insurance covered our first round. 2nd round is about $17,500 plus meds and genetics
We haven't gotten that far yet
South Shore

It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he [Dr. Brian Berger] suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work...We only saw him a few times and mostly met with others, but they were all very nice...He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns... We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
doctor [at Boston IVF] informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns. We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
Trust him because they know what they are doing
It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Caring and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I wish we had a better idea of what our first visit would look like and that there was more communication as to why our first meeting was almost two hours after our scheduled appointment time. We saw people going in and out consistently (ultrasounds and blood test patients) not understanding why we weren’t going in and they were. When finally called in we were made aware of a medical emergency requiring his attention which delayed our appointment. I would’ve appreciated more communication from staff making us aware of the functions of the office rather than letting us sit, crying, nervous and unsure of our decision to be there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Living on Cape Cod my option was to have blood draws at one location and ultrasounds at another, between 8-9am, first come first serve. There was often two or fewer ahead of me. This location was a half hour from my house and 45 minutes from my work in Truro. Weekends my only option was a two hour drive to Waltham.
Insurance covered most expenses
We weren’t given an option; however, we would not have chosen a multiple transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Another doctor informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw. Additionally, we found that our OB did not receive all of our paperwork after some requests.
South Shore

Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it....Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF....Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility.
The clinic struggled with many administrative tasks....Boston IVF has any doctor on any given day do any procedure even if your doctor is managing the case...[nursing staff] Incorrect information conveyed, inability to count cycle days, inability to really know what they were doing...During my IUIs, one time the stirrup moved A LOT and I felt that this impacted the administration of frozen donor sperm. The clinician did not listen to me as I was telling her the stirrup was moving too much. I felt extraordinary pain afterwards. I expressed upset/concern to staff.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon was extremely personable, but when it came to certain things, she didn't have much faith in me. For example, after working with her for a year scheduling and doing natural IUIs, when she challenged me to decrease my BMI to a certain number so I could do IVF, she exclaimed she didn't think I'd do it - after I lost all the weight she required. It was disheartening. She is a compassionate doctor, and very much interested in seeing you do well, but there was always something off about her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility. She assumes it might be an age issue, AMH issue, but she doesn't really try to find out if there's something wrong with immunology or other things that could explain it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF. She strongly advocated for me with IVF failed. It failed partially due to human error, because the doctor assigned to do the retrieval only spent 5 minutes trying to retrieve the egg on the left ovary and gave up trying after 5 minutes. That was Dr. Alper doing the retrieval (Boston IVF has any doctor on any given day do any procedure even if your doctor is managing the case). Dr. Alper didn't know my case or how hard I worked to losing 60 lbs prior to egg retrieval. He didn't know how hard I worked for over a year and a half leading up to IVF. So this is partially a negative report on him as much as it is a positive report on Dr. Zimon. My left ovary had the most mature follicles, but the doctor didn't retrieve them. Regardless, the doctor retrieved the right ovary follicles and even though I was 43, the immature follicle fertilized and became a 4b embryo on day 3. When my insurance refused to cover IVF a second time because I was just about to turn 44 (maybe 3 weeks shy of my 44th birthday), Dr. Zimon advocated that I had lost 60 lbs, and her colleague didn't obtain the mature follicle for my first IVF. Unfortunately, just after this, Dr. Zimon left Boston IVF and I was without any way to move forward with appeals. The whole thing ruined my life because now I can't have my own kids. I gave Boston IVF way too much time to get through the 6 IUIs to finally get to IVF. My fertility numbers got worse over the year and they should have strongly advocated at the very beginning to start with IVF rather than waste time with 6 IUIs.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
My first and only IVF was estrogen priming micro dose lupron flare. I was stimming a bit longer than expected, the follicles were growing slowly. Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it. In the end, there were some beautiful follicles on my left ovary, and the best was unable to be retrieved due to the other doctor on the case (Dr. Michael Alper), spending literally only five minutes and failing to retrieve the best follicle on my left ovary!! He did not even try to get it, didn't seem to realize this was the most important thing in my life -- that 5 minutes was not enough time to spend getting it. The right ovary had the more immature follicle, so it was retrieved, miraculously fertilized, resulting in negative pregnancy test for my only IVF cycle ever. HOW AWFUL!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: all of them at Boston IVF)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
During my IUIs, one time the stirrup moved A LOT and I felt that this impacted the administration of frozen donor sperm. The clinician did not listen to me as I was telling her the stirrup was moving too much. I felt extraordinary pain afterwards. I expressed upset/concern to staff. I was called by a head nurse or ombudsperson and expressed my concern. Absolutely NOTHING was done about this and they denied that this was ever an issue. I was so upset at the entire community of staff that denied it was a problem and their insistence that this was a successful IUI. How could they deny it? Surely, they didn't care about patient safety or adequate procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
IUIs not covered ($450 each), IVF was covered by my insurance. I paid for frozen donor sperm.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The clinic struggled with many administrative tasks. They let me know my prolactin levels were elevated, but they actually were not. They provided low quality information, incorrect information, misinformation.

2012 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Zimon was knowledgeable, caring and matter of fact. When our results for trying for our second child were not optimal and not expected - she completely adjusted plans and worked with us to determine the level of aggression we wished to pursue. Very satisfied with out results.
We had several "lost appointments" [at Boston IVF]- one of which was a power outage so, not their fault. Another just didn't make it to the schedule. For one of our IVF cycle drugs - they ordered a quantity of 1 instead of 14. This involved a lot of work on my end to correct. Calling the pharmacy, reading over the paper work, calling the clinic, calling the pharmacy again to ensure they got it - setting up additional shipments...)
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Be honest with yourself and Dr. Zimon about how you tolerate pain, and know what your expectations are. (I know - it is to have a baby!) But how aggressive do you want to be? Understand your financial ramifications as well. We only could do one full cycle of IVF and knowing that - we chose the upper level of medical interventions rather than starting out at lower doses.
Dr. Zimon took the time to get to know us as people and to really understand our treatment expectations. She adjusted plans and manner accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
I think they could be a little more organized. A couple of appointments were "lost" which just added unnecessary stress to the process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The best part is the appointments before work hours. Not having to take time off for all of the routine monitoring is amazing. And South Shore has the best phlebotomist. Seriously - she is amazing. The major weakness for us was a sometimes lack of organization and that semen analysis and collection is only done in Waltham - and only in the early morning. Trying to produce a sample and then get it there in 90 minutes through the crazy traffic was a hardship.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered the majority of or IUI cycles for our first child - copay was around 400 for Dr. Zimon and maybe 300 for the drugs? For our IVF cycle we maxed out our drug benefit after the initial cycle and had to pay out of pocket for all drugs to sustain the pregnancy. I would say Dr. Zimon's co-pay was around 400-500; and the out of pockets cost on drugs was easily over 2000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
We had several "lost appointments" - one of which was a power outage so, not their fault. Another just didn't make it to the schedule. For one of our IVF cycle drugs - they ordered a quantity of 1 instead of 14. This involved a lot of work on my end to correct. Calling the pharmacy, reading over the paper work, calling the clinic, calling the pharmacy again to ensure they got it - setting up additional shipments...)

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Berger has a great reputation. People are going to continue to see him because they *have to* however, it would make the patients life and experience better if we were treated more like humans vs. a number....Only communicates when it's required by insurance. After 5 IVF cycles with him, I did not even receive a "congratulations" after becoming pregnant and "graduating" the clinic....maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle
People will go here [Boston IVF- South Shore] because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient....You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He's good at what he does however don't expect him to be personable.
maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle was when I brought up going on lovenox for unexplained miscarriage. This was the cycle that worked. We did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in total with Dr. Berger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurse of the day? You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
People will go here because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient.
We have always transferred 2 embryos except one time we only had one. Dr. Berger was fine with it given my history.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had a nurse miscalculate my cycle, communicating the wrong start date for medication. I have had to call back multiple times to schedule or change appointments.
2013, Successful
I once went into Dr. Berger's office with a list of 45 questions and he went through all of them. A few times I was anxious in between appointments and he spoke to me by phone.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Brian Berger is a brilliant mind, exceptionally skilled physician, compassionate caregiver, and simply the ONLY doctor to see if you are seeking fertility treatment in the Boston area. Dr. Berger would spend hours in person and by phone explaining things to me over and over to make sure I understood. He always would talk about next steps so I could know that if one thing didn't work, he was thinking about what to do next. I felt that he cared about me and my mindset as well as my results. He is probably the smartest person I have ever met without him having a bit of an ego. He is truly caring and you can tell how deeply passionate he is about helping women conceive. His nurse and the entire team at Boston IVF is phenomenal. Do not go anywhere else if you live in MA.
Bring a list of questions. He will go through it with you. Don't be afraid to ask him anything.
Dr. Berger was extremely patient explaining everything to me. I once went into his office with a list of 45 questions and he went through all of them. A few times I was anxious in between appointments and he spoke to me by phone. Mostly, I felt like he was really committed to my success and really cared about my outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
I adored my nurse Kate. She was so on top of things and was extremely organized and timely with giving me instructions and information. She was very reassuring times when I was stressed and upset. She always called back immediately.

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Berger is a very genuine and compassionate doctor who loves what he does. He explains all your options and what plan best fits your needs. He makes himself available and answers all of your questions. He does not make you feel like a number. In a world that can feel so alone he was able to finally give me some hope...He is worth the wait for an appointment...Due to the high demand of the clinic and Dr Berger it can be some time before you can get an appointment
[The nurses at Boston IVF are] Very compassionate and thorough. They called to follow up on me after my visit to see if I had anymore questions...Due to the high demand of the clinic and Dr Berger it can be some time before you can get an appointment. The clinic staff is all so kind and not dismissive as some places I have been. Everything is always your choice and if you are not comfortable with anything you are never rushed...
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He is worth the wait for an appointment
Adequate time was spent with me and our time did not end until all of Our questions were answered. Our questions by phone were also answered in the same day even after his office hours ended. He was genuinely sorry for the losses and emotional roller coaster we have been through over the last 2 years.
These are still being discussed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Initial visit was $395 and cost for 5 rounds with the use of my insurance is $12,500 out of pocket
Not yet discussed
South Shore
First cycle [with Dr. Nina Resetkova] I was on 300 Gonal and 150 menopure. Second cycle we added in estradiol and for better results...She called me personally at 7:30 on a Friday night to resolve an issue...She was good, gave all the risks and options. When she called with test results she gave the next step. She personally called me...Only con would be she didn’t mention she was going on maternity leave or who was covering for her.
Insurance covered most of it and the financial coordinator [at Boston IVF- South Shore] was on top of it...Large clinic with several locations. They offer aggressive treatment plans. Nursing is triage if you call the main line and things slip through the cracks, ie. they forgot to order my meds because I called on a weekend. Poor communication within departments. It’s a business, the run as such... [Nurses had] Zero compassion...Organized and good follow up
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She was good, gave all the risks and options. When she called with test results she gave the next step. She personally called me to resolve an issue. Only con would be she didn’t mention she was going on maternity leave or who was covering for her.
Be your own advocate
She called me personally at 7:30 on a Friday night to resolve an issue.
First cycle I was on 300 Gonal and 150 menopure. Second cycle we added in estradiol and for better results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Organized and good follow up. Zero compassion.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Ultrasound technicians and blood technicians were always awesome.
Insurance covered most of it and the financial coordinator was on top of it.
Describe Nina Resetkova's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The nursing line is a triage and things can slip through the cracks. They forgot to order my medication and I had to wait a month to start a cycle.
South Shore

[Dr. Resetkova] took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email...When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time...She may take a day or two to respond but she will be in touch with detailed information or to connect you with the appropriate resource.
Luyanda [nurse at Boston IVF] was my ally and go to person during this experience with nearly daily phone calls and reassurance. She was patient with all my questions and absolutely fantastic to work with...You just had the sense that everyone there was rooting for you, advocates and allies. From the front desk to the blood draws, information on medications, alternative methods, and whole body mind well being - my expectations were well exceeded.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Nina was extremely responsive and made sure I had the support I needed. She was direct, professional and clearly explained treatment procedures. When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time.
Nina took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Luyanda)
Luyanda was my ally and go to person during this experience with nearly daily phone calls and reassurance. She was patient with all my questions and absolutely fantastic to work with.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I was absolutely wowed by the quity of care i received at Boston IVF. You just had the sense that everyone there was rooting for you, advocates and allies. From the front desk to the blood draws, information on medications, alternative methods, and whole body mind well being - my expectations were well exceeded.
We discussed this and she left the option up to me fully informing me of risks and benefits for women of my age group. We selected two eggs.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zimon is direct, but she's also compassionate, She's willing to answer all of our questions in great detail, truly sharing her knowledge, which has made us feel quite comfortable. She has a good bedside manner, but she's not fluffy. She speaks to us in a way that demonstrates respect...Alison Zimon is a smart, kind and honest medical professional who truly loves what she does each day. I believe that she has our best interests at heart and wants to see us through a successful pregnancy
Karen is kind and always seems to smile - something about her demeanor is calming, which is really nice given that the process can be rather stressful... Additionally, the staff [at Boston IVF] that works with her [Dr. Zimon really seems to enjoy working with her, which makes the whole experience a little better....Dr. Zimon is direct, but she's also compassionate, She's willing to answer all of our questions in great detail, truly sharing her knowledge, which has made us feel quite comfortable. She has a good bedside manner, but she's not fluffy.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Alison Zimon is a smart, kind and honest medical professional who truly loves what she does each day. I believe that she has our best interests at heart and wants to see us through a successful pregnancy. I would recommend anyone I know to her.
If you prefer to shy away from all of the details or the what if's, say so up front. Otherwise, Dr. Zimon will share every piece of information she has with you (which I prefer, but I know not everyone does).
Dr. Zimon is direct, but she's also compassionate, She's willing to answer all of our questions in great detail, truly sharing her knowledge, which has made us feel quite comfortable. She has a good bedside manner, but she's not fluffy. She speaks to us in a way that demonstrates respect. Additionally, the staff that works with her really seems to enjoy working with her, which makes the whole experience a little better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)

2013 - 2015, Unknown Success
She gives options. You have to make decisions. She is very good. Her staff is very sloppy and needs constant follow up.
You need to manage this clinic full time. We lost so much time in between cycles because they didn't get the appropriate approval or test or schedule. They [the nursing staff] always remembered details only when prompted. You have to stay on top to get all forms, Meds, approvals yourself otherwise will be stranded at the last min!
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr Zimon is very personable and does her best to work with you to understand your needs. What she could do better is be more decisive instead of always being diplomatic. Sometimes she needs to be the doctor and take charge.
Dr Zimon takes the time to speak to you and will call whenever needed even if just to chat.
All agonist protocols. Donor eggs with estrace and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen londergan and Sharon Letizia )
They always remembered details only when prompted. You have to stay on top to get all forms, Meds, approvals yourself otherwise will be stranded at the last min!
65k
South Shore
Knowledgeable. Answers questions thoroughly. Very busy, difficult to get in touch with. Can be smug, but if he gets the job done then I don't have a problem with it. That is all I have to say about dr berger...[Boston IVF was] Very unorganized. poor communication. Ie don't respond to emails or faxes. My biggest barrier to care was the office staff and nurses. I had an appointment cancelled on me at 4:55pm the evening before because they misplaced paperwork.
Very unorganized. poor communication. Ie don't respond to emails or faxes. My biggest barrier to care was the office staff and nurses. I had an appointment cancelled on me at 4:55pm the evening before because they misplaced paperwork...Nursing staff at Quincy office were subpar. Waltham office nurses were wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Be ready for waiting room delays
De Berger explained everything very clearly. Answered questions when meeting with him. Near impossible to speak to/communicate with unless you have an appointment
South Shore

I adore Dr. Brian Berger but feel that he is so busy, sometimes I dealt a lot with the nurses opposed to him... One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Nurses were great [at Boston IVF]! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor. I always trusted him and had faith that he would help us have a child. One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Ask questions. And ask about future plans so you are prepared.
All 3 iui's I started on letrozole cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and blood started on day 12 and hug trigger shot when my follicles were 18mm+.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurses were great! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Better communication. More providers at the south shore center so the wait isn't so long. And just being more straightforward with information. If a patient is overweight, make sure it it communicated that they have a BMI requirement.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Med refill took 4 days to be called into pharmacy. Wasn't told about the BMI requirement with anesthesia dept.
2015 - 2018, Successful
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter...Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision...I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went.
I think everyone at this clinic [Boston IVF] has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture...but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!...I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger has been very direct and to the point about my treatment and expectations. I have always felt that I was in good hands and that he was in full control over how my cycle turned out. In the times that I showed concern or was nervous about a procedure he really spoke to me like a human and not a doctor, which was such a comfort. In a consultation I had recently with him, after having my daughter and going back for a frozen transfer I told him that what I experienced with my IVF cycle went so much easier than I had anticipated and it was because of him that it went so well. I did wish that I could see my doctor more for procedures, instead of sometimes having all different doctors, but at the same time I knew dr. Berger was in full control of my cycle and I felt so comfortable with everyone at Boston IVF. Dr. Berger always stresses excellence in his field and the importance of keeping up with what is best for his patients treatments, so I knew that he would never let me in the hands of a colleague that wouldn't be equally excellent to execute his plans. This really spoke volumes in the amount of trust I put in him for my care, and how pleased I was with the results.
I would tell a prospective patient that it's important to get all your information and ask all your questions during your consultation, you won't necessarily get the chance to see him or talk to him again during your cycle. It's important to trust what he wants to do to help you.
I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went. After having my daughter, my husband and I went back for a consultation to do a frozen embryo transfer and he was so happy to see us and see that we had success. We had a very nice conversation while also being down to business to make sure we have success for our family again. We couldn't be happier!
I can't remember with my IVF cycle what the specifics were, I am currently doing a frozen transfer and my protocol so far is to take letrozole cycle days 3-7, then blood work/ ultrasound cycle day 10. I will be taking ovidrel, edomitrine, doxicycline, and methylprednisolon
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff has always been very organized and very easy to talk to. I really appreciate how they handle your cycle and how they communicate what needs to be done. They have always been very quick to get things done for you also.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure. I found that it was nice at times that you had to call and leave voicemails, that way you always got the exact and correct answers you needed, although sometimes you just want to call and get through to someone so you don't have to wait for a phone call, but that's just sometimes in my opinion. I think everyone at this clinic has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture. The worst part was the commute during rush hour to get to appointments, but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My fresh cycle I was on different insurance so more of my drugs were covered. For my frozen transfer, I'm finding the cost of my medication more expensive due to my current insurance.
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter. Going back for a frozen transfer we were not sure what to do, how many embryos. Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision
South Shore

He [Dr. Berger] tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable...He used an aggressive approach to stimulating my ovaries because I am older and wanted to freeze eggs...He is easy to talk to, thinks critically, has enormous amount of experience, cares about his patients truly, very attentive. He is skilled. He talked to me about decisions so that I could participate and so that I was comfortable.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket [at Boston IVF]. Reasonable cost compared to others...I liked the flexibility of having many offices throughout the Boston area. The staff love their job and it shows in how they treat patients. The technicians seemed skilled at their job and were very pleasant. There isn't continuity in who you'll see from time to time, but that didn't bother me...[nurses were] Super responsive, kind, patient.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Super responsive, kind, patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket. Reasonable cost compared to others