Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

Dr Alper is very knowledgeable and well recognized for fertility treatment. I have experienced two miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy and did not receive much compassion about this, although he provided me with factual and realistic information in regards to these occurrences. In my circumstances, he seemed to be very focused on the medical and scientific aspect of the treatment and did not seem to give any sympathy to my losses, which was hard for me. He provided me with very detailed and accurate information in regards to my procedures and what to expect.
Clinic [Boston IVF-South Portland] was slow at returning calls with important results. They were always able to schedule me if I needed to be seen but when I received bad news they lacked compassion or emotional support. Doctors and staff are fact a based and knowledgeable on the process and procedures but if you are looking for a clinic that provides emotional support during what can be a very trying time, I would be recommend this clinic.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
If you are looking for bedside manner and emotional support through the process, I would recommend looking for a different provider
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
During my continued treatment, I have had a number of misfortunes; such as two chemical pregnancies and one ectopic pregnancy resulting in the removal of my fallopian tubes. I have had a number of diagnostic tests done and although I have follow ups to review the results, at my next visit, the Doctor suggesting testing that has already been completed and reviewed. This makes it seem as though he does not remember my case or take the time to review my file before my appointments.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
When I started working with Dr Alper, I had already completed 5 failed IUI cycles with my OB/GYN. Dr Alper completed all of the initial testing and stated that I was young and healthy and there was no reason that In-Vitro should not work. He determined that one of my fallopian tubes appeared to be blocked but we would be bypassing that with the in-vitro so there was no need to worry. During my first in-vitro cycle I took the injectable medications during the initial egg retrieval process. I had 15 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, and one embryo transferred in a fresh cycle. After the embryo transfer, I was put on progesterone gel once time daily. This cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test, rising HCG until around 6 weeks and then miscarriage. Once my HCG level returned to 0, we completed a thaw cycle. This time after transfer I was put on progesterone suppository three times daily, estrogen patch that was changed 2 times a week, and estrogen pill two times daily. This cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test with rising HCG until around 6 weeks with miscarriage. After this, Dr Alper did antibody testing, imaging of the lining of my uterus, and a biopsy of the lining of my uterus; all of these tests came back normal so Dr Alper approved another thaw cycle. This cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test with HGC levels that were not rising appropriately. I was treated for ectopic, my HCG levels lowered, but it resulted in a hematoma in my fallopian tube, hemorrhage with internal bleeding, and I had both of my fallopian tubes removed as there was a cyst in my other tube. Still Dr Alper feels hopeful for a healthy pregnancy, although I am not feeling so optimistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbra Delsignore)
Slow in returning phone calls with important results
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clinic was slow at returning calls with important results. They were always able to schedule me if I needed to be seen but when I received bad news they lacked compassion or emotional support. Doctors and staff are fact a based and knowledgeable on the process and procedures but if you are looking for a clinic that provides emotional support during what can be a very trying time, I would be recommend this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
My initial in vitro cycle with egg retrieval was 8,900 dollars and an additional 2500 for my injectable medications. When I used progesterone gel, this was 300 dollars for 2 weeks worth. My first thaw cycle was 3500 plus costs of medications, and my third thaw cycle was 4000 plus costs of medication. I had all of my monitoring ultrasounds and blood work done at a hospital that was more convenient for me, so this was an additional cost in my treatment.
Describe Michael Alper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
After my two miscarriages and ectopic pregnancy, Dr Alper approved to transfer 2 embryos at next transfer if this is what I wish to do.
South Portland
I would say that he [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] should maybe do blood tests of the female to really check hormonal levels prior to jumping into IUI and other fertility treatments...He mentioned doing an HSG first then from there doing IUI’s for as many rounds as we wanted depending on if my tubes were found to be open. If that didn’t work, then he recommended Clomid IVF where they monitor my follicles and only remove 2 mature eggs and fertilize them and then implant them back into my body. He understood we do not feel right doing General IVF.
Some [nurses at Boston IVF] were rushed but we had one great nurse that we chatted with on the phone when we needed bloodwork for our pregnancy...Consolation was $250-$300...Ultrasound for miscarriage was $350-400...he was open to what we wanted but felt at least 2 embryos transferred were best in order to boost...chances...They were great about getting us in quickly and great to talk with. The secretary’s could be a bit more understanding of the patients fear and having lots of questions about the paperwork. Great company
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannister’s was gentle and kind. Though he felt that us not getting pregnant on 4 rounds of clomid was an orange flag and not a red flag, he didn’t take the time to explain why. He was organized and very kind but never thought to test my hormones or my thyroid. I felt that he was the same as my PCP and OB in that sense. Jumping right into IUI or clomid IVF is intense and may not be necessary if all other body parts are working. (Fallopian tubes) ext. We did get pregnant on our own only to miscarry after our first consultation. But he said if we weren’t pregnant in 6 months to call him to start IUI. So we left feeling like we were broken and not heard and pushed into treatment even though we conceived on our own. Over all he’s kind, not rushed, and understands that we don’t want to be there for help as we want to do it naturally but have no other option. But he gets that bedside manner is important and that it is a huge leap of faith. I do recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I would say that he should maybe do blood tests of the female to really check hormonal levels prior to jumping into IUI and other fertility treatments. Obviously doing this after the males sperm has been tested first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
He took the time with us to answer all questions. He gently explained things. Though he did good, we left feeling that there wasn’t enough testing done in order to confirm his plan was right for us. But he was kind and understanding and willing to listen to us.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Some were rushed but we had one great nurse that we chatted with on the phone when we needed bloodwork for our pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF.
Consolation was $250-$300. Not covered by insurance. Ultrasound for miscarriage was $350-400.
Describe Benjamin Lannon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
No, he was open to what we wanted but felt at least 2 embryos transferred were best in order to boost purchases chances.
South Portland
I believe dr lannon was very knowledgeable and had a great amount of experience in this situation. He made me and my wife feel comfortable moving forward with him .he was very informative of the pros and cons of the process as well as giving us information on the odds of the process. He also had egg I think is an open table concept where he always allowed any questions small or large to be brought up helping us build a trusting relationship with him makeing our decision to move forward with confidence rather then doubt
The clinics [Boston IVF- South Portland] strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly... Our nurse was very knowledgeable as well as great bedside manners making us comfortable with her threwout the process
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
My advice would be to open minded and to stay positive . I would also recommend ask any an all questions you may have . Reading up on the process before your consultation is key so you have more questions to ask which would help you make your decisions
I believe he did a great job at giving us heartfelt detail on the process as well as making us feel like he was their for us no matter what path we choose makeing me and my wife more comfortable to move forward with ivf
We have only had the chance to go threw 3 iui at this point we are now in the process of ivf .our iui results where not successful but threw the testing we gained confidence that ivf was worth a shot . The results of the iui made us aware that most things looked good but we where just unable to conceive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinics strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly
Cost is roughly 10895 plus all medicine involved would be additional 2500

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Lannon is a stellar doctor who has always communicated well with me. He's honest but warm, personable, and analytical. His bedside manner is impeccable and he has a good sense of humor. We had mixed results with our embryos and I had some complications throughout my treatment, but I always felt a strong sense of empathy from him and felt like we were in this together...Dr. Lannon was always happy to share his knowledge. He explains things when asked, but he might not offer up information without a prompt.
I only saw one doctor (not including anesthesiologists) at Boston IVF which I really liked. The nurses are quick to call you back. They have floating sonographers so I hardly saw the same person twice for ultrasounds. The receptionist is wonderful, but the backup receptionist is not warm at all. They just redesigned their website, and while it looks nicer, it's too "marketing" and not "caring" enough for me...
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm pretty inquisitive and Dr. Lannon was always happy to share his knowledge. He explains things when asked, but he might not offer up information without a prompt.
Dr. Lannon has always been very personable with me. He's always made me feel very comfortable and like I mattered.
After rounds Clomid and a couple failed IUIs with another doctor, I saw Dr. Lannon for a full round of IVF. He first did a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to ensure my tubes weren't blocked, then we started the IVF cycle. Stimulation: Gonal-F and Lupron. Retrieval: general anesthesia. Transfer: transferred two fresh 5-day embryos and froze three more. Subsequent frozen transfers have consisted of Estradiol pills and patches, and progesterone suppositories (Crinone before the drug price skyrocketed, Endometrin after). Before my final transfer, Dr. Lannon recommended/performed a hysteroscopy on me due to retained placental product which called for general anesthesia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
It took me a bit to warm to Amy. She covers information quickly and is very frank which can come off as uncaring, but she's great once you get to know her a bit better.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
In 2014, IVF: $8,300 paid in full before process began (included pre-op; follicle monitoring; serum hormone assays during stimulation; egg retrieval; sperm prep; anesthesia; transfer; post-op). My initial meds were $4,000. Embryo freezing: $1,750. ICSI: $2,500. Other fees (we did not incur): $500 anesthesia at transfer; $1,000 assisted hatching. Patients can apply for financial aid and must submit two years of tax returns.
I requested the initial transfer of two embryos and Dr. Lannon obliged. Subsequent transfers have been singles.
South Portland

Dr. Lannon I would rate as Ok, he really did not give me any new information that I already didn't know and was not upfront about all my options (pushed IVF hard before trying anything else)...I always felt like a number, when we met with him for our first consult I felt as though he was giving me the same info he had given every patient. Nothing felt individualized. He also pushed IVF very hard on us and did not let me know all my options. I did 2 IUI's at Boston IVF which were done by nurses. I never saw him after our initial consult.
First off, any time I called to ask a question the receptionist would hurry me off the phone like I was bothering her and used a very unfriendly tone. If you are a self-pay patient like me (insurance will not cover any of my treatments) you must pay for the treatment or consults you are having in advance before they will even let you make the appointment. This has to be done through their website with a credit card. After your payment is accepted then they will take your call to make an appointment. This continued to make me feel like a number and the entire practice just felt like a business trying to make as much money as they could a and not a care team....The clinic [Boston IVF] is pretty simple, I thought it would actually be a little nicer for the amount of money patients are paying for the service. I did like that they had coffee in the Lobby though for the patients.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I would say advocate for what you need and want because he is not very straight forward.
I did not have a very positive experience at Boston IVF. First off, any time I called to ask a question the receptionist would hurry me off the phone like I was bothering her and used a very unfriendly tone. If you are a self-pay patient like me (insurance will not cover any of my treatments) you must pay for the treatment or consults you are having in advance before they will even let you make the appointment. This has to be done through their website with a credit card. After your payment is accepted then they will take your call to make an appointment. This continued to make me feel like a number and the entire practice just felt like a business trying to make as much money as they could a and not a care team. Dr. Lannon I would rate as Ok, he really did not give me any new information that I already didn't know and was not upfront about all my options (pushed IVF hard before trying anything else). I would not recommend Boston IVF South Portland to anyone I know.
He used Clomid and we did 2 IUI's. We did not do anything else with him because we did not feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I met with one nurse that was very nice who did one of our IUI's but the others often made me feel like a number and just seemed like they wanted to get me out of there as soon as possible. They spoke very quickly, often did not make eye contact and did not spend any time listening to my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is pretty simple, I thought it would actually be a little nicer for the amount of money patients are paying for the service. I did like that they had coffee in the Lobby though for the patients.
IUI's were $500, I did not do IVF but the price I was quoted was $8000 for the procedure and $4-5000 for the medication.
We did not do this.

2014 - 2015, Successful
When it was time for the retrieval, my hormones were too high because I responded very well to the meds. So Dr. Lannon thought it was best to wait until my body had returned to normal before finishing the cycle. We also had only 4 embryos and he wanted to give us the best chance at a positive result...feels that he wants to give patients the best outcome, and if one embryo sabotages the other embryo you could lose both of them. In our case, it was better that we only do one embryo at a time, as well that it was safer to not have twins if we could avoid it.
The nursing staff [at Boston IVF] were always very professional and compassionate. They always took the best care of us and wanted us to feel calm and we could ask any questions we needed to...We were given a discount based on our income, as well as a discount on the medications. We felt like cost never obstructed our quality of care...The clinic was always inviting, from the receptionist at the front to ultrasound techs or people who drew blood. We never felt rushed or felt like we were bothering anyone. The clinic had no weaknesses. All of the staff are very good at what they do. For a new patient, be patient, try to keep your stress levels down even though it is a very stressful process, and have faith in yourself and the staff.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
From the day we walked through the door, Dr. Lannon treated us like we were important. He listened to our history and what we had been through and then gave us the facts, but delivered them in such a way that we felt like he was honest but not harsh. As a patient, I always felt like he was putting my needs first before financial gain. We never felt like he was after our money, he was generally concerned and cared if we had a child. When we went in for our egg retrieval, my hormone levels were incredibly high. He said we would see how many eggs we got before moving onto the transfer. After, due to difficulties retrieving eggs, we got 7 eggs. Dr. Lannon called us personally a few days later and said that it would have been unsafe to transfer with my hormones being so high. We also only had 4 embryos and he wanted to give us the best chance at a successful cycle. So Dr. Lannon suggested we stop the cycle and do a frozen cycle when my body had calmed down. We trusted him completely and did that. Dr. Lannon was amazing with the amount of care and compassion he conveyed to us.
Be honest and trust him and you will get the best care you will receive. Never give up, even when you feel like there is no hope.
We felt like the tone of the care that we got was exceptional. Dr. Lannon spent extra time with us when we needed it. He explained things further if we needed it. We never felt rushed and he always answered our questions, no matter how silly we thought they were. We always felt welcome and like he care. He told us what we needed to hear, not what we wanted to hear. He was always honest with us and made us feel like he was listening to what we had to say.
We had to use IVF with ICSI and were put on a medication protocol where I was injected every night for 2 weeks and had daily ultrasound and blood work. When it was time for the retrieval, my hormones were too high because I responded very well to the meds. So Dr. Lannon thought it was best to wait until my body had returned to normal before finishing the cycle. We also had only 4 embryos and he wanted to give us the best chance at a positive result. So we froze the embryos we had (ended up with 2) and waited until my body had returned to normal. The first frozen transfer we tried did not work, but the second one we tried did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Barbara)
The nursing staff were always very professional and compassionate. They always took the best care of us and wanted us to feel calm and we could ask any questions we needed to.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Dr. Lannon feels that he wants to give patients the best outcome, and if one embryo sabotages the other embryo you could lose both of them. In our case, it was better that we only do one embryo at a time, as well that it was safer to not have twins if we could avoid it.

2013 - 2015, Successful
I appreciated Dr. Lannon's scientific, analytic approach to our conversations...His communication-style seems very adaptable to individual patients, so be sure to tell him what you need (Statistics? Data? A more emotional approach?)
...I felt the nurse was too curt in her explanations or descriptions of protocol, which led to confusion at times, including the failure to start an IVF cycle in February (we had to start in March instead).
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon is frank with a dry sense of humour. He was easy to talk to, well-prepared for our appointments, and thoroughly and patiently answered our questions. As a reproductive endocrinologist, he's very much focused on the goal of getting his patients pregnant. I came to him with a long-standing diagnosis of stage four endometriosis and I wanted to discuss treatment of that condition, which was preventing me from becoming pregnant. I felt he was less prepared/open for a conversation about endo, except as it affected our fertility issues.Ultimately, I ended up working with an OB/GYN to address endometriosis treatment, after which I returned to work with Dr. Lannon to continue fertility treatments.
Dr. Lannon is approachable and friendly, but dry. Don't mistake his sense of humour for a lack of caring or lack of bedside manner. His communication-style seems very adaptable to individual patients, so be sure to tell him what you need (Statistics? Data? A more emotional approach?) Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I appreciated Dr. Lannon's scientific, analytic approach to our conversations. I'm an attorney and my husband is an analyst. We both felt Dr. Lannon understood direct communication was important to us. He has a very dry sense of humour, which we also appreciated, but his approach never felt flip or anything less than understanding of the challenges we faced.
Diagnostic: Other than my endometriosis, fertility tests did not reveal any underlying causes for infertility. Dr. Lannon discussed the various treatments available to us and recommended a course of Clomid. However, we put treatment on hold because I needed surgery. When I returned after recovery (approximately 1 year later), the statistical data showed that proceeding directly to IVF was our best approach. Stimulation: I began with nightly injections of Menopur and Bravelle. Every three-four days, I visited the clinic for an ultrasound and blood work. The same day, I would receive a call from the clinic nurse with any adjustments to my injections. This continued until my follicles were large enough (15mm+) to retrieve. At the end of my treatments, I took an additional, single shot of Cetrotide. Trigger: Thirty-six hours before retrieval, I injected myself with a single trigger shot (Ovidrel). Retrieval: I was under general anesthesia for retrieval. Transfer: We had a five-day transfer of two embryos (based on my age, Dr. Lannon recommends two embryo transfer; he will not transfer more than two at a time), followed by a pregnancy test (blood test) two weeks later. Follow up: The final appointment with Dr. Lannon was an eight-week ultrasound after which our care was transferred to our OB/GYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy McLaughlin)
Amy was friendly, but at times too quick in her explanations regarding treatment or next steps. I appreciated that she was quick to return phone calls.
As of March 2015: IVF $8,900 payment required in full before process began (included pre-op; follicle monitoring; serum hormone assays during stimulation; egg retrieval; sperm prep; anesthesia; transfer; post-op). Meds were not included in the above nor covered by our insurance and cost ~$6,000. Embryo freezing: $1,750. Other fees (we did not incur): $2,500 ICSI; $500 anesthesia at transfer; $1,000 assisted hatching. Cancellation reimbursement: $8,150 pre-stimulation; $6,400 before retrieval; $2,900 before transfer. Boston IVF provides financial aid to qualifying patients based on income (patients are required to submit two years of tax returns for review).
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The clinic staff was friendly and did a great job at returning calls. As noted previously, at times I felt the nurse was too curt in her explanations or descriptions of protocol, which led to confusion at times, including the failure to start an IVF cycle in February (we had to start in March instead).
South Portland

He [Dr. Lannon] is willing to get into the nitty gritty details of the science of treatment, but also the emotional aspects. He takes your whole picture into account. Has a great and appropriate sense of humor. ... He is extremely available for questions at any time and goes to bat for you to try to make things go as smoothly as possible. He helps you think through all your options and the pros and cons without pressuring you one way or the other. I don't know if I could have keep going with treatment without his support.
The front office staff [At Boston IVF] is not particularly friendly and I had a few very non-compassionate interactions. If you are deviating from their usual protocols things might get messed up and you have to be on top of things for yourself. Timing of monitoring is not flexible but they did always get me in pretty early so I wasn't too late for work. The ultrasound techs rotate in and are not specific to the clinic, so they are very different in what they tell you about what they are seeing which I found stressful.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
He was the second doctor I saw and changing to him made a huge difference. He is extremely available for questions at any time and goes to bat for you to try to make things go as smoothly as possible. He helps you think through all your options and the pros and cons without pressuring you one way or the other. I don't know if I could have keep going with treatment without his support.
Go in to the visit with all your questions written down, he will take the time to go through them all with you.
He is willing to get into the nitty gritty details of the science of treatment, but also the emotional aspects. He takes your whole picture into account. Has a great and appropriate sense of humor.
Still in the middle of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbara)
The nurses were ok, I feel they could have been more responsive and organized. There were multiple miscommunications and mix ups. I did not get much emotional support from them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The front office staff is not particularly friendly and I had a few very non-compassionate interactions. If you are deviating from their usual protocols things might get messed up and you have to be on top of things for yourself. Timing of monitoring is not flexible but they did always get me in pretty early so I wasn't too late for work. The ultrasound techs rotate in and are not specific to the clinic, so they are very different in what they tell you about what they are seeing which I found stressful.
So far, about $20,000
South Portland

Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.... I was given clomid for three cycles prior to IUI. On the last attempt we tried the monitored approach with the trigger shot. Unfortunately none of the attempts were successful. We are now on the antagonist approach for IVF. I have unexplained fertility and given my age (37) statists say after 3 attempts of IUI you should move onto IVF.
Tami [a nurse at Boston IVF- South Portland] was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.... the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon was empathetic and understanding given my circumstances and frustrations with not being able to conceive. Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.
to be confident in Dr. Lannon's medical decision making.
Dr Lannon took the time during my IVF consultation to thoroughly explain the process and answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tami Gosselin and Tiffany )
Tami was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession. The only weakness is that I wish the practice was located closer to my home town. I have to travel about 45minutes to the office.
IUI 450.00 x3= 1350 IVF= 7600.00 Medications= 2000.00
South Portland

I really felt so lucky to have him since he is sort of the only guy around. He's really personable and easy to talk to, while being extremely measured, direct, and knowledgeable about his job. I also really appreciated his sense of humor, that was helpful when things got rough and I needed a laugh. He wasn't flippant about anything, though, and always knew how important this process was to me...Dr. Lannon is AWESOME but doesn't cover this part of the process.
They're [Boston IVF] fine! They are organized and easy to access care. I had a flexible work schedule, but overall, I think they were able to accommodate. They were compassionate, and showed a lot of compassion...[Nurse Staff] They were on top of it, very knowledgable, and helpful...[Monitoring Appointments] Efficient, well-oiled machine! I was usually in and out within 15 minutes...[Cost Of Treatment] Overall, about $18,000....Dr. Lannon is AWESOME
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I also did a lot of alternative things to support my process--diet, accupuncture, massage, etc. If you have the means to do these things, I would. Dr. Lannon is AWESOME but doesn't cover this part of the process.
He's straight forward with data, but warm and funny at the same time. I really love him.
Don't remember!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Carol? )
They were on top of it, very knowledgable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They're fine! They are organized and easy to access care. I had a flexible work schedule, but overall, I think they were able to accommodate. They were compassionate, and showed a lot of compassion.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Efficient, well-oiled machine! I was usually in and out within 15 minutes.
Overall, about $18,000.
2014, Successful
After trying numerous IUI procedures with a failing result, we attempted the "mini IVF" (no injectables) [with Dr. Benjamin Lannon], just so we could potentially lower the cost before going all the way in. It was discovered that my ovaries were not reacting to the medication and the injectables were needed, so we attempted a full IVF and had success!...He treated me as an individual and determined what was best for me specifically.
Because we qualified for a discount, we paid $5,900 for our full IVF cycle [at Boston IVF] and $3,000 for the medications...Strengths would be the open mindedness of the clinic and the fact that they were willing to let us try other options first before doing the full IVF (such as doing the "mini IVF" to help us save on cost). We were also granted with a discount for our IVF cycle, which was extremely helpful.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon is a terrific doctor. He is honest and straight to the point, yet very comforting and helpful. He made sure we understood every procedure before anything was performed and was willing to work with us and allow us to try whatever we felt comfortable with.
Keep an open mind!
I was treated really well under Dr. Lannon's care. He treated me as an individual and determined what was best for me specifically.
After trying numerous IUI procedures with a failing result, we attempted the "mini IVF" (no injectables), just so we could potentially lower the cost before going all the way in. It was discovered that my ovaries were not reacting to the medication and the injectables were needed, so we attempted a full IVF and had success!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Because we qualified for a discount, we paid $5,900 for our full IVF cycle and $3,000 for the medications. I cannot remember how much the "mini IVF" was, but it was $400 per IUI cycle.
South Portland

He listens to you and he understand the frustrations women are going through. There was no blame put on me as the person with PCOS. He even scheduled a time to call me and check on me to see how I was feeling/doing. I felt much better after seeing doctor Lannon. ... My nurse [Boston IVF] and doctor both take time to email and call me and explain in detail.
Finding the building was easy, very welcoming when you walk in, gave us small talk to help us relax as a first visit is nerve wracking. Made sure we understood the process before we began. Just an overall great experience! ... My nurse and doctor [Dr. Lannon] both take time to email and call me and explain in detail. They are both extremely patient with me and all my questions.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Be opened minded and trust his instinct.
My nurse and doctor both take time to email and call me and explain in detail. They are both extremely patient with me and all my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
So far it is reasonable, but we are in the early stages of different medicines to help ovulation.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Alper] was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options....He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF.
Strengths: non-judgemental, professional, caring. I can't think of any weaknesses [of Boston IVF]... [the nurse] was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF. He stated from the beginning that IVF would have the highest success rate but it was our choice to trial the IUI's first...
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
He was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options. He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns.
Ask questions. He's very easy to talk with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbra)
She was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lannon would only do eSET for us. He explained his reasoning, which I believe was because I was under 30 and had a healthy uterus as my infertility was caused by PCOS...is a little hard to read on a personality level. It’s not a poor bedside manner, just a little guarded perhaps? He is very smart and matter of fact, which might read as cold. I feel like I saw nursing staff way more often than I saw him, though...
A weakness of this clinic is that it is a satellite of the Boston clinic [Boston IVF-South Portland]. All of the billing coordinators are in Boston and we had a few billing issues. Everything was handled over the phone, but the distance was more of a mental issue for myself and made it seem harder. The OR wasn’t very private and felt a bit like an egg retrieval factory. The office staff, the phlebotomists, the imaging staff, and most of the nurses were all great and sympathetic!
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon is a little hard to read on a personality level. It’s not a poor bedside manner, just a little guarded perhaps? He is very smart and matter of fact, which might read as cold. I feel like I saw nursing staff way more often than I saw him, though.
Don’t be put off by his personality, he knows what he is doing.
The only time I felt like a number was on retrieval and implantation days. The clinic has about 7 curtained off beds and one OR so you can kind of see the other women getting the same treatments. It’s not super private.
My first IVF cycle was Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel trigger shot. Nine eggs were retrieved, six were fertilized, one was viable, one was transferred. Crinone progesterone used for ten days. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Second IVF cycle we changed protocols to the “Lupron protocol,” since my body didn’t respond well to the other. Medications were Gonal-F, HCG, and Lupron. Sixteen eggs retrieved, eleven fertilized, five viable embryos, one transferred and four frozen. Resulting in a singleton birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
One particular nurse, Barbara, was incompetent. It was so off-putting. She couldn’t explain the protocol and messed up a few times giving us the wrong information. She was the only “bad” nurse, thankfully!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A weakness of this clinic is that it is a satellite of the Boston clinic. All of the billing coordinators are in Boston and we had a few billing issues. Everything was handled over the phone, but the distance was more of a mental issue for myself and made it seem harder. The OR wasn’t very private and felt a bit like an egg retrieval factory. The office staff, the phlebotomists, the imaging staff, and most of the nurses were all great and sympathetic!
Each cycle is $9,000 but we were given a 30% discount because our insurance didn’t cover treatment, so we paid $6,300 not including donor sperm or any medications. Medications were about $5,000 per cycle.
South Portland

He [Dr. Michael Alper] will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
All nurses were friendly [at Boston IVF]...It will cost us about $15,000 to do IVF. All the bloodwork is expensive, we’re at about $2000 in just testing...It takes forever to get in for an appointment as Dr Apler is only in a couple times a month. You may get tons of testing done, most of which you may have already had if you were working with your OB/GYN...We met with Dr Alper twice, once for a consultation then again to go over results of our testing. We led to IVF being our best option. I had always worked with my OB/GYN with fertility treatments. I am going back to her for a laparoscopy now to see if my endometriosis is back before going through ivf with Boston IVF
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
He will answer your questions but it definitely more pushy with IVF. He also doesn’t seem too caring, but is professional.
All nurses were friendly
South Portland

He [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] has a great way of describing what you'll go through while describing things professionally but also understand that you are a person. He has a way of being your doctor but also a confident. He knew how to explain things both to my husband and to myself...I have a balanced translocation so my eggs have all been bad, as well as a diminished ovarian reserve. So given these, I was on a high medication protocol. He followed me closely and tried to obtain as many eggs as possible to increase my chances of a good egg. He was open to my ideas as well.
The lab work is assigned a time which is difficult but the staff is amazing [at Boston IVF]. If you need something different, they will try as hard as they can to obtain that for you. They know how to motivate you and to keep you optimistic...[the nurses] are wonderful!!!...I never had a good embryo to transfer...I have a balanced translocation so my eggs have all been bad, as well as a diminished ovarian reserve. So given these, I was on a high medication protocol. He followed me closely and tried to obtain as many eggs as possible to increase my chances of a good egg. He was open to my ideas as well.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
He has a great way of describing what you'll go through while describing things professionally but also understand that you are a person. He has a way of being your doctor but also a confident. He knew how to explain things both to my husband and to myself.
I am sorry you have to go through this but one day, you will create a family
He has a great way of discussing difficult issues with couples
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Tiff)
These are wonderful!!!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The lab work is assigned a time which is difficult but the staff is amazing. If you need something different, they will try as hard as they can to obtain that for you. They know how to motivate you and to keep you optimistic.
I never had a good embryo to transfer

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
My treatment strategy was very different than most fertility patients Dr. Alper told me. I create too many follicles...I felt like I was just a number to Dr. Alper. He was not very personable. When meeting or speaking with him about next steps, it always seemed like he was just taking a guess on what we should do next. ... Our personalities didn't work together. I needed more than just the facts during this financial and emotional roller coaster.
Being a new patient and extremely nervous of the unknown, I think the front desk [Boston IVF] could be a little more upbeat and friendly. The financial coordinator was at times hard to talk to due to her abruptness. She seemed annoyed at times when I would ask questions via phone. She was excellent when answering emails and would respond in a quick fashion.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Meeting Dr. Alper for the first time was a quick 20 minute consult, which was surprising to me since we were paying a large sum out of pocket for this visit. He described the general process of IVF and said he would send the information to his nurse. I was really taken back by the lack of personality and how business like it was. I continued to get treatment with him as my doctor because it was convenient for my job and location. I thought maybe I was being too critical and my husband agreed. After the first round of IVF, the only time I spoke or met with Doctor Alper was our consult and the meeting after hearing we were not pregnant. This meeting was to go over the first round and our next steps. This meeting was about 20 minutes as well. I was disappointed that Dr. Alper was my doctor, but never did any of my egg retrievals or transfers. I was not informed by him that he would not be doing either procedure. For my second round of IVF he adjusted my medications and steps we would take to conceive. When it was time to transfer the embryos, he did listen to my husband and my opinion about transferring both embryos. We did conceive! Only to have a chemical pregnancy a couple weeks later. During that time, I worked with my nurse and another doctor in the office. I couldn't believe that my own doctor was not helping my husband and I through the difficult time. Dr. Alper did call a few weeks after my chemical pregnancy to discuss next steps and informed me that I did not have a miscarriage, but a chemical pregnancy. The way he told me that made me feel awful. I felt like he could have explained the difference to me in a more gentle way. Dr. Alper is a very smart man and it showed during our conversations. I just feel like it wasn't a good match. Our personalities didn't work together. I needed more than just the facts during this financial and emotional roller coaster. Looking back at my experience with Dr. Alper, I wished I stood my ground and did what I felt was right for me instead of listening to others and thinking “I am new to this world of IVF and maybe this is just how it is.”
Be up front with him on what you need or want. Ask him if he can give you what you need/want. If not, find another doctor. Be your own advocate.
I felt like I was just a number to Dr. Alper. He was not very personable. When meeting or speaking with him about next steps, it always seemed like he was just taking a guess on what we should do next. It did not make me feel very comfortable with the financial and emotional burden for a "Well, maybe we should try this... no, I think I would like to try this instead..." On another note, Dr. Alper was my doctor who reviewed my progress and gave instructions for our plan forward, but he never did any of my egg retrieval or transfers. This was unexpected the first time going through the IVF process.
My treatment strategy was very different than most fertility patients Dr. Alper told me. I create too many follicles, so he wanted to start me on the lowest dosage of Gonal F he has prescribed. He started me on 150 units of Gonal F for the first few nights then lowered it down to 87.5 units for the reminder of injections. He lowered the dosage due to the fact that my hormone level was too high and they needed my eggs to develop more slowly. For this round of IVF they collected 20 eggs, 7 eggs were fertilized and 5 became embryos. The transfer was on day 3 and my remaining embryos did not make it to day 5 to freeze. For my second round of IVF, he prescribed 100 units of Gonal F due to the fact that my follicles grew too quickly last cycle. 10 eggs were collected, 5 fertilized and 4 were embryos. We transferred 2 embryos on day 3 due to the quality of my eggs and thinking they would not last until day 5. This would give them a better chance to survive. I did conceive this cycle, but ended with a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Del Signore)
My nurse was very friendly and compassionate. She was very kind and was always willing to help in any way she could. My only complaint was she was disorganized and when I would call or email her with questions or concerns, she didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Being a new patient and extremely nervous of the unknown, I think the front desk could be a little more upbeat and friendly. The financial coordinator was at times hard to talk to due to her abruptness. She seemed annoyed at times when I would ask questions via phone. She was excellent when answering emails and would respond in a quick fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Cost was around $8,900 for IVF, egg retrieval and transfer. The medication was separate. The medication cost around $2300. Cost was around $10,500 for IVF w/ICIS, egg retrieval and transfer. This cost was with a 25% discount through the clinic. The medication was around $2000.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A [Michael Alper] feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.... The first procedure was a natural IUI (no hormones). This was before we knew how messed up my natural cycles where. After that first cycle, we had ultrasound and blood test monitoring for each cycle to determine the best time for IUI. In addition to that, we also used ovadril shots for triggering and meds to keep my periods regular.
The entire staff at BIVF is caring, compassionate, and invested in each patient's process. Each time I would go in for an IUI, the nurse would take the time to explain the results of the sperm analysis and also wish me the best of luck. When they called to provide the negative results, you could also hear the pain in their voices. It meant a lot knowing they cared so much... One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.
Do research prior to the first meeting and bring your questions written down. There is so much information being provided. It's good to have a way to document it during the meeting.
Dr A provides very clear information and does not sugar coat. He also understands the emotional rollercoaster aspect involved with these treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The strengths are the staff. All staff are kind, caring and extremely knowledgeable. One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Costs surrounding consultations, blood work, ultrasounds, genetic testing, diagnostic procedures, and IUI procedures.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Alper was very knowledgeable with everything he told us and was very up front with what he thought the best course of action was for us. He never sugar coated things, but he wasn't so blunt about it that it seemed hurtful. He knew our case well and we both (husband) felt very comfortable in his presence. He was very sure of himself, which made our confidence in him high as well. Sometimes we felt a little rushed during our time with him, which usually lasted 1/2 hour or less, I knew I could contact his office at any time.
[Boston IVF- S. Portland is] Expensive, but accommodating to your schedule. Will try to get you in as soon as possible. Very clean and staff very knowledgeable. It's a scary process, but the staff there was nothing but friendly and sensitive to the topics at hand, knowing how sensitive it is for people/couples.... [The nurse was] Very thorough, always answered my calls or called me back quickly. Also responded promptly to e-mails providing the information I requested and never treated me like any of my questions were "stupid" or "irrelevant"
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Be patient and trust his expertise. It's such a hard reality not being able to conceive, but the experts know the best ways to handle your particular situation. Dr. Alper is definitely an expert in the field.
Dr. Alper was great with us - he knew our case very well and spoke to us in terms we could always understand. While our visits with him were usually brief and seemed a little rushed, he let me know that if I had any questions I could contact without hesitation and gave me contact info.
Dr. Alper's first piece of treatment was recommending having my right fallopian tube removed because it was leaking toxic fluid, preventing implantation. After that, he wanted us to try rounds of clomid to test ovulation. Once that was found unsuccessful, he wrote up a process for treatment through IVF for us. While we have not started the IVF process due to cost, we are hoping to in the near future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbara DelSignore)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Office did not take my insurance, so we had to pay $200 out of pocket every time we saw the doctor.
South Portland

During my treatments time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! He was not the one performing the IUI’s so I didn’t see him in person a whole lot but being able to talk to him directly was nice and I was able to ask questions that he could answer direct without going through the nurse. THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it.... Dr Lannon definitely didn’t sugar coat anything especially since lab work had shown I had indications of DOR.
I love the Portland office [Boston IVF]! The waiting room is always very quiet and seemed less busy than the Bedford NH office I originally went to. I liked feeling like I was the only one there. The receptionist is very nice. The offices are updated nicely and modern. The phlebotomists are also the best! it seems like there is a rotation of staff and you don’t see the same people each time (different phlebotomist, different US tech) I was fine with this but I know other people really like to have a more personal core group of care providers.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I transferred care from a different clinic to Dr Lannon and I am so glad I did. The previous doctor we just didn’t jive with. She was cold, and jumped to conclusions and I felt judgement from her. Dr Lannon definitely didn’t sugar coat anything especially since lab work had shown I had indications of DOR. But he set realistic expectations and made sure I knew exactly what that could mean. However when he tested me that cycle I was within the normal range for all hormone levels and he called immediately to let me know. I had only left the clinic 30 minutes earlier. That cycle I took clomid and did an IUI and ended up with a chemical pregnancy. Dr lannon called me on the phone to review the cycle and I just really appreciate the way he talks to patients. Not overly sensitive but just realistic. Since then I have done another clomid IUI and another cycle with just clomid and have not gotten pregnant. During this time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it. My previous doctor had done lab work on me (which didn’t look good) and then never even called about it. I just saw the numbers on the portal. Dr lannon was very knowledgeable when I went in for my original consult and it was obvious he had reviewed my file and was up to date with where we were at. While we are headed towards IVF I’m happy I have found Boston IVF and I feel confident working with Dr Lannon will result in a pregnancy. He always communicated with me by phone and even email. It seemed like he was taking time to talk to ME and that I was a real person not just another patient. He is on the “dry” side but I think I like that about him.
If you are looking for a super sensitive doctor filled with humor and sappy stories- he probably isn’t your guy. But if you appreciate having realistic expectations with some positivity thrown in, look no further.
During my treatments time I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he even emailed me! He was not the one performing the IUI’s so I didn’t see him in person a whole lot but being able to talk to him directly was nice and I was able to ask questions that he could answer direct without going through the nurse. THe communication with him is superb and I really appreciate it. My previous doctor had done lab work on me (which didn’t look good) and then never even called about it. I just saw the numbers on the portal. Dr lannon was very knowledgeable when I went in for my original consult and it was obvious he had reviewed my file and was up to date with where we were at. While we are headed towards IVF I’m happy I have found Boston IVF and I feel confident working with Dr Lannon will result in a pregnancy. He always communicated with me by phone and even email. It seemed like he was taking time to talk to ME and that I was a real person now just another patient.
Clomid 100mg CD 3-7. Monitoring on CD 12, trigger shot, and IUI on CD 14. Both times I had 4 measured follicles. First one resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Second was negative. Third cycle of clomid I had one large follicle and proceeded with trigger shot on CD 12 and times inter course over the next few days which did not result in pregnancy. I responded perfectly well to this protocol but did not end up getting the results we wanted (a baby)!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Gosselin)
Tammy is a fast talker so you better listen up! I only met with her once but spoke to her on the phone several times to review my cycles and such. She seemed like she really cared but she also seemed quite busy. During one of our chats she even recommended a place to visit while we were planning a vacation and told me where I was going was one of her favorite places to visit! At times there was another nurse helping Tammy make calls and this nurse was always very compassionate (spoke to her getting negative pregnancy test results). While the nursing care isn’t super personal I was fine with that. One thing that is difficult is I would have to leave messages each call as no one was available to pick up the phone. However, I would receive a call back within an hour or two. I think the nurses are just very busy.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love the Portland office! The waiting room is always very quiet and seemed less busy than the Bedford NH office I originally went to. I liked feeling like I was the only one there. The receptionist is very nice. The offices are updated nicely and modern. The phlebotomists are also the best! it seems like there is a rotation of staff and you don’t see the same people each time (different phlebotomist, different US tech) I was fine with this but I know other people really like to have a more personal core group of care providers. Results from labs and US are updated to a portal very timely and I never had to wait very long or to call to get results. Overall I am very happy with my choice of Boston IVF Portland.
My insurance covers IUI but I think it would have been around $1600 for one IUI cycle. Not cheap!
South Portland

Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall [at Boston IVF]. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.... They were prompt and sympathetic. They also made me feel as if they would accomadate my needs since I was located so far away.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
We only had the initial consultation, but we were given a clear course of action and made to feel as if we were a part of the process. Dr Alper seemed very straight forward and gave us our options. He was not overly emotional, for which I actually appreciate a lot. Many people can seem quite phony with their sympathy when they hear about your unfortunate situation, and I prefer a doctor who is matter of fact and does not dwell on the emotional bits. If you want tears and hugs, he may not be for you, but if you want someone who knows his stuff and gets the ball rolling, well you've got your doctor.
Go in with all your questions, he'll answer them all!
He was very friendly, coming out to the waiting room personally to get us, and allowed us to ask the many questions that we had. He seemed responsive to our needs
I am only in the testing stage right now, so we haven't come up with a treatment plan yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Pleasant and peaceful with lots of beautiful baby pictures on the wall. Seemed very clean and organized. I went to the Bangor ME facility, which is apparently run by an outside group. The secretaries in charge of checking us in didn't have anything useful to tell us since they were not directly associated with BostonIVF. Overall though a pleasant experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
My insurance has covered it so far.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Lannon is a thoughtful, caring and compassionate. He is understanding of the struggles patients undergo. He is thoughtful in his approach and adjusts treatment courses as necessary using the most up to date research available ... He takes time to review results and get them to you as quickly as possible ... He presents you with all the options but ultimately you have to make the decisions that are best for you
I was told my lining was thick enough to move forward for embryo transfer when it was not by a nurse who was not my primary. I was given a lab slip and follow up instructions before an embryo transfer that were another patients ... If my [Boston IVF] primary nurse is unavailable sometimes I feel like I’m getting juggled around. After hours help has been difficult on a few occasions to receive. I was given insensitive information by a doctor that wasn’t my own when I called concerned with pregnancy symptoms ...
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr Lannon is compassionate and caring. He takes time to review results and get them to you as quickly as possible
Antagonist protocol
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
If my primary nurse is unavailable sometimes I feel like I’m getting juggled around. After hours help has been difficult on a few occasions to receive. I was given insensitive information by a doctor that wasn’t my own when I called concerned with pregnancy symptoms
$7750 IVF, $3850 PGS, $2500 icsi
eSET used in both cases
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
South Portland
Dr. Lannon is a great doctor, who has helped my husband and I through some really hard times with IVF. ... IVF procedure because it was th best outcome for us given my history or adolescent cancer . ... He has always had the best for us giving us different ways of doing procedures and giving hope. I am thankful for Dr. Lannon for never giving up on me and always reassuring me that there is always hope in IVF. ... He was kind and had our best interest at heart for every cycle we went through even though we have had numerous losses
Very organized, friendly and compassionate. Always returning your phone call in a timely fashion. The [Boston IVF] reception area was welcoming. Always asking how you are doing as a person and accepting of where you are at that moment. ... [Nursing Staff] Amazing!! So nice and compassionate and always willing to answer any questions you have! ... [Cost of Treatment] 7,000 ...
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon is a great doctor, who has helped my husband and I through some really hard times with IVF. He has always had the best for us giving us different ways of doing procedures and giving hope. I am thankful for Dr. Lannon for never giving up on me and always reassuring me that there is always hope in IVF.
Be open and honest.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Very organized, friendly and compassionate. Always returning your phone call in a timely fashion. The reception area was welcoming. Always asking how you are doing as a person and accepting of where you are at that moment.

2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Lannon] was phenomenal. Made us feel so much at ease. We actually named our son Benjamin. He went above and beyond and really connected with us. Well worth the four and a half hour drive. Never left a doctor appointment feeling sad Or sorry, always hopeful ... He is by far the most genuine doctor we ever saw. He gave us hope ...
Super friendly staff [Boston IVF], many locations, nice office. Understanding of needs and wants, works hard to provide quality care and getting patients in in a timely manner. The whole office is extremely understanding and kind, felt like they really took the time to get to know us ... I believe IUI ran about $1300.00 per. IVF was 8300 plus medications. ... The entire staff was amazing. They worked with us and our long commute. Communicated regularly with us and so helpful
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
He was phenomenal. Made us feel so much at ease. We actually named our son Benjamin. He went above and beyond and really connected with us. Well worth the four and a half hour drive. Never left a doctor appointment feeling sad Or sorry, always hopeful
Call sooner than later, don’t wait. He can help
He is by far the most genuine doctor we ever saw. He gave us hope
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Super friendly staff, many locations, nice office. Understanding of needs and wants, works hard to provide quality care and getting patients in in a timely manner. The whole office is extremely understanding and kind, felt like they really took the time to get to know us
I believe IUI ran about $1300.00 per. IVF was 8300 plus medications.
2018, Consult
He [Dr. Lannon] was very informative and really took the time to listen ti what i had to say and my concerns. ... He was verg nice. Only had him for a consultation so far. But i am looking forward to moving onword if I can manage to get the funds to proceed with my surgery. I cannot waite. He listened to everything I had to say. ...
They [Boston IVF] were all very friendly. They all took the time to make sure I was comfortable and to make sure that all of my Questions were answered. They wanted to make sure I had the best experience possible. And hopefully i will get to have my surgery with ben if god forbid i get the money too. ... am looking forward to moving onword if I can manage to get the funds to proceed with my surgery.
Just be your self
He was very informative and really took the time to listen ti what i had to say and my concerns.
Idk
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They were all very friendly. They all took the time to make sure I was comfortable and to make sure that all of my Questions were answered. They wanted to make sure I had the best experience possible. And hopefully i will get to have my surgery with ben if god forbid i get the money too.
Expensive