6.6

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2008 - 2012, Successful
I would not have had the results I had and the positive experience I had (despite nearly 4 years of various treatments) without the support and expertise of Dr. David Ryley...At that point, while he told me he would be happy to have me continue to try with my own eggs, he also suggested that I consider egg donation to increase my odds. After some reflection, that's what I did - and he was supportive with information and with just being there all along the nearly 4 years it took for me ultimately to bring my daughter home (had prior complications related to endometriosis and started the process of becoming a single mother by choice later in life).
My nurse coordinator [at Boston IVF] was excellent...I would not have had the results I had and the positive experience I had (despite nearly 4 years of various treatments) without the support and expertise of Dr. David Ryley...Great supports in terms of ancillary services like acupuncture on site before/after retrieval, classes and support groups, massage, yoga, nutritionists etc. at the Domar Center that is attached to the main outpatient clinic in Waltham. They do well in terms of managing children coming along (separate family waiting room) and are good at creating a soothing atmosphere.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
If he says he'd recommend moving to more aggressive treatment options, listen and follow his advice right away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was always able to respond and get me laughing even when I was feeling discouraged. At the same time, he was good at being direct and telling me what he did and did not know. He also told me when he thought my chances of pregnancy were low. At that point, while he told me he would be happy to have me continue to try with my own eggs, he also suggested that I consider egg donation to increase my odds. After some reflection, that's what I did - and he was supportive with information and with just being there all along the nearly 4 years it took for me ultimately to bring my daughter home (had prior complications related to endometriosis and started the process of becoming a single mother by choice later in life).
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I started with a long succession of medicated (injectables) IUIs and then moved to a series of IVFs with ICSI. I got pregnant several times but some were clinical pregnancies and one was a miscarriage at 12 weeks. As I turned 43, Dr. Ryley recommended I consider egg donation. I did and decided to proceed. The first donor I chose had not previously donated and despite medical tests indicating everything was fine and a total of 27 eggs retrieved, only 6 fertilized and they were all low quality. I had a strong preference for a single transfer but took his advice and transferred 2 fresh, then 2 frozen and got pregnant with one of the last 2. Unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. I almost gave up, but did decide to try one more time with another donor who had successfully donated previously. Got more than 30 eggs, 27 fertilized and 2 of these were discarded due to poor quality. I had one transferred fresh and got pregnant and gave birth to my daughter in 2012 nearly 4 years after I had my first fertility appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
My nurse coordinator was excellent. Once I shifted to egg donation, I got a different nurse coordinator who was just as good. I really relied on them for support and answers to questions. They knew I was doing this on my own and really became my support team. There was only one negative encounter on the nursing staff in my nearly 4 years - and that was a different nurse who was working with me in the context of my first miscarriage who was not particularly sensitive to my direct questions relative to a slowing heartbeat and whether that meant some hope still or no hope. She just was not direct enough for my liking and seemed to not get that I'd rather know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I think that all told, after insurance, and counting 2 separate egg donors, my cost was a bit below $100K (insurance covered a bunch upfront, but I paid for several IVFs myself and 2 donor egg retrievals, incl. donor and personal medications and 4 transfers)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
This was simply a nurse who helped document the declining heart rate at my first pregnancy. I would have preferred to be told whether that meant no hope or some hope directly. She gave a wishy washy answer that led me to think there was still hope and when I spoke with Dr. Ryley he corrected that to no hope. I would just rather have been told earlier to avoid the uncertainty.
Brighton

2005 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. Samuel Pang] was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.... I felt as though with any IVF doctor you see them early on in there overseeing her care however you did not see them one on one every time. And I am OK with that.
They seemed to have lots of information for patients, were organized and always available on call if I had questions. I attended the location in Milford for many of my early procedures. Having to go out to Lexington for the IVF procedures was a little scary because it was something different however the clinic was very good about making sure I knew where I was going and what would be done. I went to the Milford clinic not the Worcester clinic, all my comments going forward will be for the Milford clinic.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Experience very personal care specifically by the fertility nurse who worked at Milford Hospital. Met with her one on one for IUI's and she did all the calls personally to let me know of the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tracy Gentile)
Tracey Gentile was awesome. I got to the point where I only wanted to speak with her and wish I could've taken her along with me when I did the IVF treatments in Lexington. She was the one who gave me the bad news when I was not pregnant and I was happy that she was the one who is able to give me the good news when I was pregnant. She was kind and patient specifically during IUI's.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
We have insurance that covered most of all the procedures. I had to cover co-pays for medications.
Describe Samuel Pang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I thought Dr. pang explained pros and cons to single or multiple embryo transfer very well. However, most people do not understand the potential risks of carrying multiples, and the challenges with having them.
Samuel Pang
Milford

2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Glatstein] seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success...
Overall a very modern clinic [at IVF New England - Lex] with a massive patient base that they churn out like a factory, at least if you're only doing IUI (I've met patients who had better experiences there with IVF). Wait times for blood draws and monitoring are incredibly long. The phlebotamists managed to bruise me every single draw. Nurses were wonderful, financial coordinator was amazing, doctors were meh...
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Avoid him.
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
My protocol looked identical to everyone else's despite my being "unexplained" and most people having real diagnoses. Despite no reason why I should fail with IUI, I only got bfns after 5 IUIs. No further diagnostics were offered, only push towards IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was great, the heart of this clinic. Given the number of patients per doctor, this place wouldn't function at all if it weren't for the nurses picking up all the logistical work and patient management.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Overall a very modern clinic with a massive patient base that they churn out like a factory, at least if you're only doing IUI (I've met patients who had better experiences there with IVF). Wait times for blood draws and monitoring are incredibly long. The phlebotamists managed to bruise me every single draw. Nurses were wonderful, financial coordinator was amazing, doctors were meh.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Overall, decently well run from a logistics perspective (aside from wait times for blood draws and ultrasounds), but mistakes happen likely due to patient volume.
Isaac Glatstein

2007 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Isaac Glatstein] is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
The clinic [IVF New England] works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!... It always took them [the nurses] what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
Ask questions! He will always answer them to the best of his ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
The doctor himself called me during the cycle that I had my miscarriage. Rather than have a nurse report the numbers and results to me, he phoned me himself. That seemed incredible to me.
I did 3 low dose Clomid cycles, which were monitored, but no IUIs. I then did a Follistim with IUI cycle which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The cycle after that he did a natural cycle with IUI, which did not result in pregnancy. After that we did 3 more Follistim with IUI cycles. We were only going to do 2 and then proceed to IVF, but it was taking my insurance too long to approve us for IVF, so he decided to do another IUI while we waited. Our one IVF cycle worked and we had twins. During that cycle he gave me very low doses of hormones, because during my first IUI cycle I hyperstimulated. So they only retrieved 8 eggs. Most of them fertilized but were abnormal. We were left with 2 normally growing embryos, and we decided to transfer both of them, as one was not such a great quality and probably would not have made it to freeze. Both embryos took, and we had twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
It always took them what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Most of it was taken care of by my insurance company as well as a small grant given by a community agency. I believe I paid about $500 for my IVF cycle. I don't remember how much I paid for my medications, but it was not much.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr Glatstein would definitely do eSET. We chose to transfer multiple embryos solely because of their quality and the number we had.
Isaac Glatstein

2009 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer...She explained everything clearly, including treatment strategies. She was compassionate and relatable. Every step of the way I felt she was making decisions based on current research and my unique situation....She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Strength [of Boston IVF]: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion....The Post Op nurses (for egg retrieval) as well as the phlebotomists were so compassionate and wonderful. I felt nurtured and they helped keep spirits up. What a great team. I found myself thinking, "It takes a village to make a baby".
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She is open, compassionate and honest. Ask her whatever you want and she will give you a straight answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She was very caring, empathic, and smart. She always took the time to listen, understand, and explain.
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Given my age we decided quantity might be necessary as quality might not be there. I did respond very well to the meds and produced lots of eggs. The last time (successful cycle) she stimmed a bit more slowly and we got more high quality graded embryos. She tweaked each cycle based on the results of the last. I think the transfer MDs also play a huge roll. Some transfers didn't seem great but the last one you could tell the doctors thought the embryos were placed perfectly and bingo!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strength: There practices seem directly correlated to research. ex. Progesterone taken orally is as effective as intramuscular shots and much easier on patients typically. Weakness: Nothing major. Sometimes hard to have certain assistants call back in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
My insurance covered everything but I have phenomenal insurance and live in Massachusetts where laws force insurance companies to cover infertility treatments. Not sure this is applicable to most people.
2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved... He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive.
[The nurse at Boston IVF - RSC - Waltham] was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding....Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA...It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember [more about the clinic].
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He was kind, friendly, compassionate, good sense of humor (very important to us), handled tears and emotions from us really well. He moved at our speed which was somewhat aggressive. Encouraged us to do a mind/body program at Harvard which was happening in 2001.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias treated us twice- 3 years apart- when we were trying to get pregnant. With unexplained infertility, he was ready to be aggressive when were were and slow down when we wanted. He fought with the insurance company to get a GIFT cycle approved but we found out we were pregnant (naturally or post IVF cycle, who really knows?) and didn't need to go that far. He was kind, personable, compassionate, friendly...
Describe the protocols Alan S. Penzias used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
This was a long time ago. I know that I did 3 cycles of chlomid with my ob/gyn and then she referred us out. On the 3rd IUI cycle in 1998, we got pregnant and had a child in 1999 (after a chemical pregnancy the month before). 2 years late we went back and after 3 failed IUI cycles, we did 3 IVF cycles, None worked, but the following month after the IVF cycle, we were pregnant (we had been approved for a GIFT cycle and were pursuing adoption).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
I don't remember the name, but she was kind and funny. We have a strange sense of humor and joked with her about being in the room with us while we were trying to get pregnant. When she called with negative pregnancy results, she was so warm and understanding.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It was so long ago, it's hard for me to know or remember. Also they moved towards the end of my treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF.
Everything was covered by insurance in the great state of MA
Describe Alan S. Penzias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
He was willing to put in a few embyos based on our comfort level with multiples

2009 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Keith Isaacson was exceptional from the start. He was knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and thoughtful. He established the protocols and adjusted them in an impressive way and well above my experience with previous providers. His care was superb...My cycles were largely covered by my insurance thanks to a successful appeal done by Dr. Isaacson and his team...After spending 22 cycles and two years trying to get pregnant the first time, it was a wonderful experience with both him and his team
RSC Lexington no longer exists independently. It was a busy place yet gave good individual attention. I was sorry to see that it had merged with a larger organization [Boston IVF]...The nursing staff and my care coordinator were available, good teachers, thorough and organized in setting up and following through on all the protocols and guiding me through them.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Keith Isaacson was exceptional from the start. He was knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and thoughtful. He established the protocols and adjusted them in an impressive way and well above my experience with previous providers. His care was superb. I have and would recommend him --- I will be forever grateful at the miracle he allowed to happen in my life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at Boston IVF?
Find where he works and try to be under his care. I have the utmost respect for him and his skills.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Isaacson was warm, kind and straightforward. He listened well and set up a plan that quickly led to my second pregnancy and live birth of a healthy child. After spending 22 cycles and two years trying to get pregnant the first time, it was a wonderful experience with both him and his team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
RSC Lexington no longer exists independently. It was a busy place yet gave good individual attention. I was sorry to see that it had merged with a larger organization.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at Boston IVF.
My cycles were largely covered by my insurance thanks to a successful appeal done by Dr. Isaacson and his team. My primary costs were for donor sperm and its storage.
Keith Isaacson
2011, Successful
Dr. Bayer was attentive and flexible. I suggested back to back IUIs on my last cycle and he was willing to do this although was not what the initial plan was. He was always very calm in delivery of information as well as very patient...I had 3 IUIS, the third was a back to back (2 days in a row) IUI. I tried Clomid for the first IUI cycle but it affected my mood too greatly so switched to a different medication. Back to Back IUI is what ultimately resulted in a successful pregnancy.
...with Dr. Sneeringer, I have received conflicting messages about IVF protocol...It's like a factory, as is very big and they churn out blood work and ultrasounds in the morning, particularly. If you are not on time,usually you have to wait but they will double and triple book for blood work and ultrasounds. Wish it was a bit more intimate and private in his waiting area....
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
No advice because you are truly in good hands but asking questions , as many as you need to fully understand, is always a good rule of thumb with any doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
His support staff were wonderful as well as he. Very warm and attentive.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
Excellent. Nothing less. I am going through fertility tx currently with another doctor (because Dr. Bayer's office moved to Brookline :( and it was way too far for me) and the current nursing staff is not as good as Dr. Bayers.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Just copays and deductible. My insurance covered
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
It was not with Dr. Bayer but currently in working with Dr. Sneeringer, I have received conflicting messages about IVF protocol.
Steven Bayer
2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Oskowitz spoke warmly and individually. We were never rushed... He's a bit formal, very appropriate, and very knowledgeable. He's been doing this a long time. He isn't mushy or warm, but is very kind and smart...Gonal F for ovulation induction (I have PCOS and was probably not ovulating)...It was a great experience working with him...His nurse Karen was sweet and warm. He also worked with a nurse practitioner we really liked.
It's [Boston IVF] organized as a cluster of mini private practices within a larger office. You see your doctor, your nurse (and in my case, your nurse practitioner, though just saw her once, b/c we were successful the first cycle). There is an insurance person for the whole practice who helps navigate all of that. I love this practice..nurse Karen was sweet and warm... And the phlebotomists were so kind and skilled that I wrote a note the supervisor who read it at a staff meeting. Love this practice.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
He's a bit formal, very appropriate, and very knowledgeable. He's been doing this a long time. He isn't mushy or warm, but is very kind and smart. I absolutely loved this practice and have recommended it to many people.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
I can't think of anything. It was a great experience working with him, after a terrible one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Dr. Oskowitz spoke warmly and individually. We were never rushed. His nurse Karen was sweet and warm. He also worked with a nurse practitioner we really liked. And the phlebotomists were so kind and skilled that I wrote a note the supervisor who read it at a staff meeting. Love this practice.
Describe the protocols Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Gonal F for ovulation induction (I have PCOS and was probably not ovulating), and IUI just to cover the bases in case we had to go to IVF b/c my insurance would only do IVF after three IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
I loved her. She was sweet, organized, and caring.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It's organized as a cluster of mini private practices within a larger office. You see your doctor, your nurse (and in my case, your nurse practitioner, though just saw her once, b/c we were successful the first cycle). There is an insurance person for the whole practice who helps navigate all of that. I love this practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF.
None--I think everything was covered by our insurance in MA.

2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Was invested in my care. Compassionate but practical. Honest.
Hardly ever the same RN calling with instructions...No privacy at RSC - big room with multiple beds, curtains open for before and after transfer.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Boston IVF?
Was invested in my care. Compassionate but practical. Honest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Boston IVF?
Is committed to her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lee was invested in our care
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Various protocols, varying degrees of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Depended on which nurse you got, some were ok, some just plain bad. Some not compassionate, or organized, or helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Many locations, which didn't help with coordination of care. Hardly ever the same RN calling with instructions. Procedures done at RSC New England in Lexington. No privacy at RSC - big room with multiple beds, curtains open for before and after transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
MD would sometimes call with test results and instructions to make another appt., but it was impossible to make the appt. on a weekend. The main desk would say they were closed when they were not, and you couldn't get though to the fertility dept. Very frustrating
Grace Lee

2011, Unsuccessful
I did not have much communication with the doctor [Rita Sneeringer] other than the initial consult and then a meeting at the end to review the cycle. She did not attempt to connect to us or help make us feel comfortable with the situation we were about to go through...
The nursing staff [at Boston IVF] was unremarkable and not particularly memorable. Don't have many comments about them. I do remember the testing staff, particularly ultrasound technicians telling me not to complain if I was experiencing pain...Very focused on the money, they run behind on appointments for retrieval and transfer. The testing staff was never very friendly, phlebotomists and ultrasound technicians jump to my mind.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I did not have much communication with the doctor other than the initial consult and then a meeting at the end to review the cycle. She did not attempt to connect to us or help make us feel comfortable with the situation we were about to go through
Ask for a lot of questions and be very comfortable before proceeding
The doctor did not in any time try to connect and Boston IVF was always sending bills, even ones that were incorrect
Lupron with GonalF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was unremarkable and not particularly memorable. Don't have many comments about them. I do remember the testing staff, particularly ultrasound technicians telling me not to complain if I was experiencing pain.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
It ran well and you could be in and out soon, but the technicians were not friendly

2010 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Ryley] always gave me time to mourn and was a true advocate for me when we had so many unsuccessful IVF attempts and my husband wasn't really understanding. Ryley actaully made a comment that I was being tortured if I were to have another IVF attempt. He was caring and compassionate and realistic when he needed to be...He was compassionate. Even though he shared devastating and heartbreaking news about my own fertility, I felt like he understood as best he could...
Great communicators [at Boston IVF - RSC - Bos]. Organized. Private. Resources. Compassionate.I lived in MA so Insurence covered soooo much. We had a few co-pays, but all the services totaled to over $100k. When our Insurence rejected to pay for IVF when we used donor eggs, Ryley advocated for us- sent a letter explains why medically they should pay. It worked and they reversed their decision...
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He always gave me time to mourn and was a true advocate for me when we had so many unsuccessful IVF attempts and my husband wasn't really understanding. Ryley actaully made a comment that I was being tortured if I were to have another IVF attempt. He was caring and compassionate and realistic when he needed to be.
He was wonderful. Be prepared for anything unexpected and always have faith.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Great communicators. Organized. Private. Resources. Compassionate.
2006 - 2011, Successful
[Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz was] professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done...It was a busy practice, but I felt like I was treated professionally and appropriately. I mostly saw his NP who provided the most "human" contact...There were some insurance coverage mix ups [at Boston IVF] but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Professional and straight forward. Not warm and fuzzy. I felt like he would get the job done. I am now filling in more words to get to 200 characters. How much more do I have to write? I think there is a glitch. He was professional and straight forward. I am a physician so I was not expecting or needing more.
He is professional and straight forward.
It was 2007, we used basic protocols as I was a single woman with no speicific fertility issues other than age at 39 and being single.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There were some insurance coverage mix ups but they got worked out. The clinic was great about doing early morning before work ultrasounds and blood draws.
Copays, insurance covered.

2009 - 2011, Successful
She [Dr. Huang] took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush... We chose her because a friend highly recommended her. We liked her and felt confident having her for a doctor. It was a little strange when she apologized when we found out we were pregnant with twins because we were thrilled and somehow she thought we'd be disappointed...She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good...
7-8 years ago they [IVF New England] had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test...She [the nurse] was great. More friendly than the doctor...
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
It was a long time ago. Sorry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She was great. More friendly than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
7-8 years ago they had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF.
Pei-Li Huang
2010 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Sneeringer was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it...I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Scheduling all the diagnostic tests was difficult with my teaching schedule-- plan well in advance. [Boston IVF nurses had] empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy).
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
She was very accessible. If I had a question, she would always call me back, even if it seemed like the nurses could answer it. She was kind and compassionate and performed all my procedures except for one.
I never felt like our appointments were rushed. She took as long as we needed to answer all of our questions and went through all of the procedures thoroughly. I had a lot of anxiety during the treatments and it was an incredibly difficult time in my life. She was very empathetic and provided lots of resources to help me out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Empathy and respect for timing (they knew and appreciated that everyone is very busy)
2005 - 2011, Successful
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. Kind, funny, calm and wicked smart....Brian is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around...Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!...I didn't work with them [the nursing staff] too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind...[Dr. Brian Berger] is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I'm sorry I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I didn't work with them too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!
Brian Berger
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Ozkowitz is not necessarily overtly warm, yet the care he has for his patients is nonetheless obvious and he is wise and careful in his treatment plan....Dr. Oskowitz made a very astute plan as treatment evolved and after initial failure (and although the primary diagnosis of PCO was fairly standard there was unexplained poor egg quality that required some further finesse and analysis). The end result was 2 beautiful girls who are now 13 and 16. I can only imagine in the decade plus since my treatment, technology and care has continued to improve.
With my first child, I was treated [at BostonIVF] only for PCO with injections and eventually a successful IUI. It was discovered in my first pregnancy that I have an incompetent cervix which made me a high risk pregnancy. It also made it impossible for me to carry twins. So when it was time to attempt conceiving my 2nd pregnancy, we went straight to IVF to control the number of embryos implanted (only 1 at a time) to ensure I didn't have twins.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
Not to expect a big bear hug, that's not his personality, but he is a very good doctor.
Because the care was personal and appropriate for my situation. Dr. Oskowitz made a very astute plan as treatment evolved and after initial failure (and although the primary diagnosis of PCO was fairly standard there was unexplained poor egg quality that required some further finesse and analysis). The end result was 2 beautiful girls who are now 13 and 16. I can only imagine in the decade plus since my treatment, technology and care has continued to improve.
With my first child, I was treated only for PCO with injections and eventually a successful IUI. It was discovered in my first pregnancy that I have an incompetent cervix which made me a high risk pregnancy. It also made it impossible for me to carry twins. So when it was time to attempt conceiving my 2nd pregnancy, we went straight to IVF to control the number of embryos implanted (only 1 at a time) to ensure I didn't have twins. What we found out when I went through IVF was that for an unexplained reason the embryos were poor quality. After 2 unsuccessful IVF treatments (and sorry, I just realized I put 2 IVF cycles in the questionnaire but it was actually 3), he recommended we wait until day 5 for transfer to really understand which embryo was good enough quality to survive. Only 1 embryo survived to day 5, and she is now almost 14. His treatment plan was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
I cannot remember the names now, treatment was a while ago, but the nurses were wonderful.
Covered by my insurance.
2003 - 2010, Unsuccessful
[Dr Selwyn Oskowitz] took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries. Very supportive and encouraging. Respectful...Informative, respectful, competent. Honest re probabilities, possibilities, shared professional opinions, honest re competencies, concerns. Professional.
[Boston IVF is] organized, clean, timely, professional, mostly considerate of time and stress involved in this kind of care...[Dr Selwyn Oskowitz] took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (Retired) at Boston IVF?
OK to ask lots of questions and share any concerns. He seemed to 'get it.'
Took time to explore all the issues/possibilities/probabilities. Showed interest in my overall health not just ovaries. Very supportive and encouraging. Respectful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Organized, clean, timely, professional, mostly considerate of time and stress involved in this kind of care.

2009 - 2010, Unsuccessful
I don't have strong memories of the nursing staff since I didn't do any major procedures at this clinic.
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
He put me on clomid three times, one of those times I got pregnant. He told me "call me when you have the baby." I miscarried a few days later. He is kind and compassionate but didn't seem to go the extra mile to really figure out if this was the right course of action.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Ask many questions
He and the team were caring and friendly.
Waltham

Dr. Ryley was personable and informative. He balanced humor and compassion with delivering clear, scientific explanations of the care plan...was an excellent provider. He treated us respectfully and provided a full explanation of what to expect throughout the time in treatment. He did an excellent job balancing humor and compassion with providing real-time, scientific explanations of his understanding of our case and options for how to proceed. We were consistently engaged in decision-making around our care.
Boston IVF was a great place for us. They took great care of us. Honestly, my only piece of feedback is that the television they have on in the waiting rooms is horrible! Try for HGTV or something soothing not scandalous talk shows...When trying for my first child, I had unmedicated, unmonitored IUI cycles based solely on ovulation tests/symptoms. My daughter (DOB 9/2015) was conceived on the third cycle. For my second, I completed 4 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Dr. Ryley before moving out of the area. For these, we did do ovulation monitoring and trigger shots.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was an excellent provider. He treated us respectfully and provided a full explanation of what to expect throughout the time in treatment. He did an excellent job balancing humor and compassion with providing real-time, scientific explanations of his understanding of our case and options for how to proceed. We were consistently engaged in decision-making around our care.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand and are comfortable with the plan before you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
My care was covered by my insurance with minimal copays on my part.
Boston
[Dr. Obasiolu] was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo
Chris [Boston IVF nurse] really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He was professional and aggressive, and I got a baby out of it all, so I'm sure that colors my opinion. But I liked that he was honest and straightforward (no sugar-coating).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
No specific advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He is DEFINITELY not warm and fuzzy, but he knew his stuff, was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo (given my overall health and relatively young age - 27).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Chris (she's no longer there))
I LOVE Chris. She is by far my most favorite nurse/doctor I've ever interacted with. She was so caring and compassionate. She really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
Charles Obasiolu
Boston
Dr McShane, of Reproductive Science Center [merged with Bostong IVF] was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive....I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center....I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
How was your experience with Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
I was treated by reproductive Science Center and Patricia McShane was my doctor. I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
Not that strong of a memory - it was 11 years ago.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Dr Mc Shane, of Reproductive Science Center was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive. Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center.
Patricia McShane
Framingham
Ask any question you have and make sure to tell him everything. Use his expertise.
I got OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] and the nurses took amazing care of me
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias was throrough and detailed and thoughtful. I appreciated his honesty and patience. He was confident yet caring. He seemed very busy but always gave us sufficient time. I would highly recommend him.
Although he was busy, he cared and took time for us
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I got OHSS and the nurses took amazing care of me. very thoughtful and compassionate