Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

Dr. Ryley was personable and informative. He balanced humor and compassion with delivering clear, scientific explanations of the care plan...was an excellent provider. He treated us respectfully and provided a full explanation of what to expect throughout the time in treatment. He did an excellent job balancing humor and compassion with providing real-time, scientific explanations of his understanding of our case and options for how to proceed. We were consistently engaged in decision-making around our care.
Boston IVF was a great place for us. They took great care of us. Honestly, my only piece of feedback is that the television they have on in the waiting rooms is horrible! Try for HGTV or something soothing not scandalous talk shows...When trying for my first child, I had unmedicated, unmonitored IUI cycles based solely on ovulation tests/symptoms. My daughter (DOB 9/2015) was conceived on the third cycle. For my second, I completed 4 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Dr. Ryley before moving out of the area. For these, we did do ovulation monitoring and trigger shots.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was an excellent provider. He treated us respectfully and provided a full explanation of what to expect throughout the time in treatment. He did an excellent job balancing humor and compassion with providing real-time, scientific explanations of his understanding of our case and options for how to proceed. We were consistently engaged in decision-making around our care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand and are comfortable with the plan before you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
My care was covered by my insurance with minimal copays on my part.
David Ryley
Boston
[Dr. Obasiolu] was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo
Chris [Boston IVF nurse] really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He was professional and aggressive, and I got a baby out of it all, so I'm sure that colors my opinion. But I liked that he was honest and straightforward (no sugar-coating).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
No specific advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He is DEFINITELY not warm and fuzzy, but he knew his stuff, was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo (given my overall health and relatively young age - 27).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Chris (she's no longer there))
I LOVE Chris. She is by far my most favorite nurse/doctor I've ever interacted with. She was so caring and compassionate. She really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
Charles Obasiolu
Boston
Dr McShane, of Reproductive Science Center [merged with Bostong IVF] was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive....I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center....I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
How was your experience with Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
I was treated by reproductive Science Center and Patricia McShane was my doctor. I liked her very much and against all odds, became pregnant and delivered a full term healthy daughter in 2001. I was 45! I saw Kim Thorton for my second attempt and stopped after 2-3 cycles and IUI since I was pushing the envelope at 47 to have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia McShane at Boston IVF?
Not that strong of a memory - it was 11 years ago.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Dr Mc Shane, of Reproductive Science Center was brilliant, kind, listened well, and attentive. Boston IVF was a different environment and more antiseptic than Reproductive Science Center.
Patricia McShane
Framingham
Ask any question you have and make sure to tell him everything. Use his expertise.
I got OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] and the nurses took amazing care of me
How was your experience with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Dr. Penzias was throrough and detailed and thoughtful. I appreciated his honesty and patience. He was confident yet caring. He seemed very busy but always gave us sufficient time. I would highly recommend him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan S. Penzias at Boston IVF?
Although he was busy, he cared and took time for us
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I got OHSS and the nurses took amazing care of me. very thoughtful and compassionate
Alan S. Penzias