Merle Berger

Westborough, MA 01580
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

Dr. Resetkova was extremely caring throughout the process of the first time I walked into her offie to personally calling me to tell me about my positive pregnancy test. She explained everything to me, as it applied to me. She customized my treatment for what my body was doing at that moment....I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed 5mg of Femara at the beginning of my cycle. I went in for regular blood work and ultrasound monitoring. I was told when to administer the Ovidrel shot in order to induce ovulation
The entire staff at Boston IVF is very helpful and dedicated to their patients. I never had to worry about getting my results; they called the second they were in and communicated next steps. They were easily available by phone or email....Little wait time in scheduling appointments with the doctor. Really warm staff that gets to know you well as your treatment progresses. I did not have any negative experiences. I was seen at the Quincy office throughout the entire process and I was always in and out on time.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
I absolutely love working with Dr. Resetkova. I had the opportunity to be seen at MGH or BWH where my consults with MFMs were as I would be a high risk pregnancy after my second trimester loss. I chose to return to Dr. Resetkova because I fully trusted her after the first round of successful treatment. She explained everything to me, I never had questions about what would happen next. After my loss she developed a plan to get us towards our next round of treatment, when we were comfortable, as well as to help me get the information I needed to understand what happened in my pregnancy as well as what questions to ask of a MFM who will be managing my pregnancy in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Ask questions about the various forms of treatment. A lot of clinics it seems will want to rush you to IUI or IVF. We chose to use ovulation induction without IUI after I asked further questions and she was completely on board and it worked for us our first try.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Dr. Resetkova was extremely caring throughout the process of the first time I walked into her offie to personally calling me to tell me about my positive pregnancy test. She explained everything to me, as it applied to me. She customized my treatment for what my body was doing at that moment. When I experienced a second trimester loss (unrelated to infertility or her treatment) she sat down with me to go over everything that happened; gave me helpful information as well as questions to ask MFM during consults; and created a new treatment plan with me so I would have steps to take, as she knows and understands that I'm a person that really needs a plan and having steps to look forward to.
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed 5mg of Femara at the beginning of my cycle. I went in for regular blood work and ultrasound monitoring. I was told when to administer the Ovidrel shot in order to induce ovulation and on what days to have relations. We then went back for two HCG blood draws and two ultrasounds before I went to my regular OB for care.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Easily available by phone or email to discuss issues. Little wait time in scheduling appointments with the doctor. Really warm staff that gets to know you well as your treatment progresses. I did not have any negative experiences. I was seen at the Quincy office throughout the entire process and I was always in and out on time. The early morning monitoring ensures that I got results by the early afternoon and that my work day wasn't interrupted.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF.
I had a $40 copay for my visits with Dr. Resetkova; I paid nothing out of pocket for monitoring ultrasounds/blood work. I had a prescription co pay for Ovidrel that was $130. I did not pay for Femara.
South Shore
The doctor [Dr. Sneeringer] was very pleasant and at the same time realistic. We were given the facts and although we did not go as far as she planned us needing to go, we were always informed...VERY thorough in her workup which ultimately led to our baby girl we are expecting. If the workup was not so thorough I never would have found the reason I kept losing pregnancies. We are forever grateful.
[The nurses at Boston IVF were] Always friendly and so happy for us when the time came...Sometimes you will be called by and NP and it may be someone you have not met before. In my opinion it did not matter as long as I was being cared for in a timely manner. With other people it may matter and you may want a one on one relationship with the doctor...I was given baby aspirin for MTHFR and elevated PAI 1. I was also given metformin 1500mg daily for elevated insulin with no other signs of PCOS.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
We truly enjoyed being patients of Dr. Sneeringer. She was very realistic and VERY thorough in her workup which ultimately led to our baby girl we are expecting. If the workup was not so thorough I never would have found the reason I kept losing pregnancies. We are forever grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Just keep going! Keep plugging away. There are many roads to becoming a parent and if one doesn't work try the next. It is an extremely difficult experience but nothing is more worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
The doctor was very pleasant and at the same time realistic. We were given the facts and although we did not go as far as she planned us needing to go, we were always informed.
Describe the protocols Rita Sneeringer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I was given baby aspirin for MTHFR and elevated PAI 1. I was also given metformin 1500mg daily for elevated insulin with no other signs of PCOS. Once the next pregnancy was achieved we were given Crinone 8% gel daily which I believe was the best thing that helped our daughter grow. I continued crinone for 28 weeks although it was only recommended until 10. I just had too big of a feeling that she needed it and my progesterone was low multiple times when I had lab work done. Our daughter is now coming in just a week!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Always friendly and so happy for us when the time came. They even asked that we bring the baby in to see them which we will!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF.
The lab work was the most expensive being about 800 dollars but at the time our insurance was not the greatest. The medications totaled about 35 per month which was great!
Stoneham
It may take a while to see results but in our case after our first cycle was canceled he [Dr. Ryley] definitely made adjustments for our next treatment and called me himself to explain why the cycle was canceled. ... We tried several medicated cycles, 3 IUIs after he explained that the odds really didn’t improve after that point, took a break and finally moved forward with IVF. For IVF we did an antagonist protocol with PGS testing and a frozen transfer of a day 5 embryo.
Heidi, Amanda, and now I forget the name of the other nurse [Boston IVF] I spoke with a lot, were so so wonderful. They were very clear with instructions, answered questions, and showed tremendous compassion. Heidi in particular just really seemed to care about our situation. The people doing the blood draws in Brookline were also tremendously compassionate!
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Ryley to a friend, as he was recommended to us. I think I would just be clear that you may not see him as often as you expect and he may also not do the procedures himself. But that was understandable given timing issues. I thoroughly appreciated his care and got the treatment we so desperately needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Just to manage your expectations. He is a wonderful doctor but not a magician. It may take a while to see results but in our case after our first cycle was canceled he definitely made adjustments for our next treatment and called me himself to explain why the cycle was canceled. He also called me to review how our embryos were progressing which meant a lot.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley always asked how I was doing during our consultations and conveyed compassion and dignity and warmth. Also a sense of humor.
Describe the protocols David Ryley used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
My husband and I drove the process and dr. Ryley did not push us towards IVF until we felt we were ready. We tried several medicated cycles, 3 IUIs after he explained that the odds really didn’t improve after that point, took a break and finally moved forward with IVF. For IVF we did an antagonist protocol with PGS testing and a frozen transfer of a day 5 embryo. It was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
I cannot rave about the nurses working for Dr. ryley enough!!! Heidi, Amanda, and now I forget the name of the other nurse I spoke with a lot, were so so wonderful. They were very clear with instructions, answered questions, and showed tremendous compassion. Heidi in particular just really seemed to care about our situation. The people doing the blood draws in Brookline were also tremendously compassionate!
David Ryley

Dr. Bayer is extremely nice, however, most of my contact is with his nursing staff. The nurses are not very forthcoming with information and it appears Dr. Bayer is not very involved in my case as I have only spoken to him once, which includes my initial consultation. Our second meeting I had to initiate on the advice of a friend, due to the number of unanswered questions I had....Each insemination was $450, which is performed by a nurse. I was offered a "trigger shot" last minute, with no explanation of its purpose or benefits, at the cost of $650...Three natural cycles and three cycles with medication.
Boston IVF has a lot of availability, which is helpful for scheduling. However, you have minimal contact with the providers on your case. The facilities are well maintained, but I feel they are more interested in finding ways to bill me, than helping me conceive....Important details about my test results and how it affects my treatment plan was not disclosed in a timely manner....Staff was only forthcoming about how much they were going to bill me. Otherwise, treatment and results were vaguely explained. I seek most of my information elsewhere, which is extremely frustrating.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to be in the dark and spend a lot of money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Three natural cycles and three cycles with medication.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Always polite, but not forthcoming with information about procedures or treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
My two office visits with the doctor were covered by my insurance, except for my co-pays. Each insemination was $450, which is performed by a nurse. I was offered a "trigger shot" last minute, with no explanation of its purpose or benefits, at the cost of $650.
Boston

I love her [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] bedside manners, she always makes me feel very comfortable. She makes us aware of every possible outcome, And no question is stupid. I’ve spent over an hour in her office just talking about our plan and options and never felt rushed. I appreciate those little things.... She has such a positive outlook on us, and our situation. She’s always makes us feel like she has our backs!
It may seems a bit disorganized or over whelming but i feel as tho that’s because they [Boston IVF-Boston] have so many patients. It depends on where everyone is on their cycle some Days are just crazy and the next time it could be so slow.... My latest cycle I was using 450units of gonal F, 150units of menopur, with cetrotide being just added as well!... I never had a problem m booking orgetting in for a monitoring appointment. They Always seemed very to be willing to take me!
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
I love her bedside manners, she always makes me feel very comfortable. She makes us aware of every possible outcome, And no question is stupid. I’ve spent over an hour in her office just talking about our plan and options and never felt rushed. I appreciate those little things.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly you think it might be!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
I always felt like i could call at any day or time and she was right there for me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It may seems a bit disorganized or over whelming but i feel as tho that’s because they have so many patients. It depends on where everyone is on their cycle some Days are just crazy and the next time it could be so slow.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
I feel very lucy the past few times I’ve done IVf, I’m just paying for the Copays! It’s next Time I’m worried about... my insurance won’t help anymore so I’ll have to pay out of pocket for my doner sperm and procedure to implant m.
Describe Rita Sneeringer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We have done multiple transfers each time to get a better chance of at least one sticking!
Boston

She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options... Lots of blood work to check hormones etc, then uterine cavity check turned out I had cysts which I had removed surgically, had a sonohysteogram because I had a tubal reversal and needed to make sure tubes were open, 1 iui with a negative and waiting for Ivf now.
The clinic [Boston IVF-Providence] is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She is a very personable Dr, she goes out of her way to explain things and make sure you get to decide what happens and how. She is also upfront with what will work and what will not and seems to be knowledgeable about treatment options
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Be honest with your expectations and what it is you want
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
She was very straight forward with expectations and her thoughts on treatment options but still let me choose what I wanted or what I thought was best
Describe the protocols Kerri Luzzo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy craw)
Always there for any help or questions you have
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is good everyone seems to care about you as a person, the only thing that I didn't like was that if you are a little behind on your account you can't go forward with treatments. I understand in some sense bc most treatment after insurance even leave you with a 500 dollar bill bc fertility treatments aren't cheap but it makes you feel like more depressed when you want something so bad and always seems to be an obstacle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
I've spent thousands so far and can't get my ivf right now bc I can't afford the meds another 1200 out of pocket per cycle of ivf if first doesn't work
Providence

Dr. Kim Thornton was easy to communicate with, was very knowledgeable and adjusted the course of treatment based on my timeline, needs and insurance restrictions. She treated me like a person and was easy to talk to...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
[Boston IVF is a] Very professional and well-known clinic. All staff members were very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Clinic can feel a little commercial at times and less personable than smaller clinics but you cannot argue with their results...My assigned nurse was easy to communicate with and returned phone calls promptly...We are only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time based on my age and insurance restrictions. Dr. Thornton is passionate that multiple embryos lead to a more high risk pregnancy for the mom and baby.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Dr. Kim Thornton is very experienced and has a lot of practice treating infertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Every visit I have had Dr. Thorton has been very well prepared and it was clear that she took the time to review my file and my situation prior to the appointment.
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We had already had frozen eggs being stored so the treatment protocol was fairly straight forward. She put me on birth control for 6-8 weeks to regulate my cycles and finish testing. When that was completed we started estrogen patches and pills. The next step is an ultrasound and blood work and depending on the outcome we will be discussing the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF.
Most of my procedures have been covered by my insurance minus my co-pay and out of pocket expenses. Costs of treatments vary.
Describe Kim L. Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Berger has a great reputation. People are going to continue to see him because they *have to* however, it would make the patients life and experience better if we were treated more like humans vs. a number....Only communicates when it's required by insurance. After 5 IVF cycles with him, I did not even receive a "congratulations" after becoming pregnant and "graduating" the clinic....maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle
People will go here [Boston IVF- South Shore] because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient....You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He's good at what he does however don't expect him to be personable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
maximum stimulation medication on 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle. My last and successful (with twins) cycle was when I brought up going on lovenox for unexplained miscarriage. This was the cycle that worked. We did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in total with Dr. Berger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurse of the day? You have no set nurse. It wasn't always this way as I have been a patient since 2012. I have had nurses mis-calculate my cycle and miss medications. Nurses are not personable and you are just a number to them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
People will go here because they have to. Convenience plays a huge factor in IVF treatments, especially when you go for daily ultrasounds and blood work. However, they have a huge opportunity to be more personable and improve the experience for the patient.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We have always transferred 2 embryos except one time we only had one. Dr. Berger was fine with it given my history.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I have had a nurse miscalculate my cycle, communicating the wrong start date for medication. I have had to call back multiple times to schedule or change appointments.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET...She was extremely approachable, happy to discuss any questions I had. Understood the thought processes that had lead to these decisions...She was friendly and warm but also professional and competent. I felt very confident that she knew what she was doing and was very good at her job. She answered all my questions and I didn't feel like she was running any unnecessary tests. I had a great experience.
[Boston IVF is a] Lovely facility, liked the fact that they had acupuncture/holistic medicine options if you were so inclined. Very flexible appointments with offices at other sites able to do some of the testing. The car park was a little small but that's about it...It was very easy to get hold of the nurse, she responded to messages left for her in a very timely manner. She clearly understood the process very well but also was able to check with the doctor if she wasn't sure of something...Efficient well oiled machine, I usually opted for early morning appointments before work so I was usually the first or second patient. They brought me in quickly, were friendly and helpful. I never had any trouble scheduling appointments
go and see her
Don't remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Don't remember
Given my age some places might have suggested multiple embryo transfer but she took into account my blood tests and personal preference and went ahead with eSET
Waltham
Dr. Wright is very thorough with explanation she always kept me informed of everything that was going on. She has been professional the whole time with every appointment or every phone call. She called me right away with results of every testing or Imaging the same day.... Dr. Wright does not beat around the bush she gets the job done and is very aggressive with her treatment options which helps to prevent the duration of infertility. She has presented options for me gives me the statistics based on previous experiences with other patients but also allows me to make an informed decision.
The strengths of the clinic [IVF New England] is that there are multiple locations to choose from and everyone is connected. The downfall is that certain testings such as an hsg must be done in one particular location in Waltham, MA which may be a hassle for some. However I have such a great provider that I don't mind the commute the staff at the Bedford Inn Waltham location have all been a very pleasant from check-in, support staff, labs, providers and techs
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She is very thorough with her explanations after every testing or procedure she would call me right away to let me know of the results and plan of care and always was allowing me to ask any questions that I had
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were very thorough and clear was explaining medication directions
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The strengths of the clinic is that there are multiple locations to choose from and everyone is connected. The downfall is that certain testings such as an hsg must be done in one particular location in Waltham, MA which may be a hassle for some. However I have such a great provider that I don't mind the commute the staff at the Bedford Inn Waltham location have all been a very pleasant from check-in, support staff, labs, providers and techs
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
Not sure
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
North Chelmsford
she [Dr. Sneeringer] made adjustments to the second with increased menopur and gonal F and used cetrotide as well to increase mature eggs...has taken time to listen time after time. She takes time to explain things and address my concerns. She sets my mind at ease... is patient and understanding of everything. She listens to questions and concerns and provides care plans that work for me. She doesn't hesitate to explain things further when needed and has been available for questions.
Some members of the nursing staff [at Boston IVF] are incredible. I can turn to them to settle my anxieties and get the answers that I need. One nurse in particular has also been through the fertility process and really understands. Other nurses could use some help with bed side manners and communication...Waiting for one of my beta results I did not get a phone call. One nurse believed another nurse had relayed the results as I had contact her during the day. There was also an issue of the nurse believing she left me a voicemail but I did not receive one.
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr Sneeringer is patient and understanding of everything. She listens to questions and concerns and provides care plans that work for me. She doesn't hesitate to explain things further when needed and has been available for questions.
Tell her what is on your mind and what concerns you may have. She can help with solutions or easing your concerns.
Dr Sneeringer has taken time to listen time after time. She takes time to explain things and address my concerns. She sets my mind at ease.
Don't remember first egg retrieval protocol but she made adjustments to the second with increased menopur and gonal F and used cetrotide as well to increase mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Some members of the nursing staff are incredible. I can turn to them to settle my anxieties and get the answers that I need. One nurse in particular has also been through the fertility process and really understands. Other nurses could use some help with bed side manners and communication.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
At BIVF I don't feel like a number. I feel like a patient. They do a great job with scheduling, testing, consents, and overall coordinating. The only opportunity I see is getting all their nurses to the same level of care.
Stoneham
Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on...my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties...will always be so thorough and clear for you...treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us.
[Boston IVF is a] Great place to take this journey with. Staff is outstanding and incredibly knowledgeable and supportive. The clinic caters to the individual and their families needs. A weakness may be that appointment times could stand to be a bit longer...The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle...The nurses are professional and timely... Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
As a patient, my experience with Dr. Wright has been outstanding. For example, my wife and I have had many questions regarding the treatment process and "next steps" after suffering tubal loss. Dr. Wright is always so specific and thorough when answering questions, always easing our anxieties. As a patient, my journey as been quite tumultuous. Dr. Wright as been a beacon of light for my wife and I as we continue on.
Ask questions! Dr. Wright will always be so thorough and clear for you.
Dr. Wright treats my wife and I like we "mattered" to her. In the most professional way, Dr. Wright always exhibits empathy and care while delivering services to us. She shows this by always making warm eye contact, considering and listening to our questions, and easing anxieties. I lost my right tube to an ectopic pregnancy in June. My wife and I were devastated. Aside from the emotional and physical pain endured, this was financially debilitating. Dr. Wright understood our frustrations with grace and continues to work towards our next steps in family planning. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Maryann and Barbara Soto, Brenda)
Amazing. The nurses are top notch. Without them, things would be an emotional struggle. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The nurses are professional and timely.
Waltham

Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed....I only recently underwent testing to determine my ovarian reserve, hormone levels, etc. I have only had one cycle of IUI so far.
The clinic [Boston IVF] seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable...The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative...I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Dr. DiGirolamo is a good communicator who offers helpful explanations and spoke to me at my level (I am a healthcare provider). She took the time to explain the issues I was facing and her recommendations for a plan. I am still undergoing treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
Write down all of your questions in advance so you remember everything you want to ask her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF?
I felt listened to and that my specific concerns and questions were addressed.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly, warm, organized, and informative.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic seems very organized and communicates very well and effectively with patients. I always get a person on the phone when I call, L and when I’ve had to leave messages I get called back quickly. Their website is a little bit confusing, but nothing unmanageable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Boston IVF.
The costs were covered by insurance after I met my deductible. The cost seemed reasonable compared to other fertility clinics.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I don’t have a comment on this.
Carla DiGirolamo
Waltham

[Dr. Resetkova] took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email...When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time...She may take a day or two to respond but she will be in touch with detailed information or to connect you with the appropriate resource.
Luyanda [nurse at Boston IVF] was my ally and go to person during this experience with nearly daily phone calls and reassurance. She was patient with all my questions and absolutely fantastic to work with...You just had the sense that everyone there was rooting for you, advocates and allies. From the front desk to the blood draws, information on medications, alternative methods, and whole body mind well being - my expectations were well exceeded.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Nina was extremely responsive and made sure I had the support I needed. She was direct, professional and clearly explained treatment procedures. When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time.
Nina took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Luyanda)
Luyanda was my ally and go to person during this experience with nearly daily phone calls and reassurance. She was patient with all my questions and absolutely fantastic to work with.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I was absolutely wowed by the quity of care i received at Boston IVF. You just had the sense that everyone there was rooting for you, advocates and allies. From the front desk to the blood draws, information on medications, alternative methods, and whole body mind well being - my expectations were well exceeded.
Describe Nina Resetkova's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We discussed this and she left the option up to me fully informing me of risks and benefits for women of my age group. We selected two eggs.
South Shore
Dr. Berger utilizes hcg versus menopur for DOR patients to allow equal growth of follicles...Due to distance the MD does email and do phone consults. I have not been able to do a FET due to thickened lining but hopefully doing this new treatment I will be able to proceed. I recommend if you are a patient at Boston IVF you advocate for yourself...The quantity of patients at Boston ivf does not allow personalization
I have a great relationship with the nursing staff for Dr. Berger. Financial coordinator was great for me as well...I’ve had numerous issues with insurance authorizations not be put in a timely manner and therefore doing priming for a psycho and not being able to proceed because insurance authorization was never submitted...Too many patients Hours are great to accommodate those who work...All the nurses have been through so much with me and they are compassionate.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I have a great relationship with the nursing staff for Dr. Berger. Financial coordinator was great for me as well. Due to distance the MD does email and do phone consults. I have not been able to do a FET due to thickened lining but hopefully doing this new treatment I will be able to proceed. I recommend if you are a patient at Boston IVF you advocate for yourself
Advocate for yourself. Get all contacts emails to allow easier communication.
The quantity of patients at Boston ivf does not allow personalization
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
All the nurses have been through so much with me and they are compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients Hours are great to accommodate those who work. I live one and a half hours away. The lab opening up at 6:30 am allowed me to Go to all my appointments before work and make it to work on time therefore not losing any time off work and not letting everyone at work know what I was doing
Boston
Dr. Luzzo was caring and thorough but in the end did not have enough experience for my case. She classified me as being in the small population with normal tests and no pregnancies. Another doctor later found things she missed.... Dr. Luzzo tried several different FET protocols and did find one that gave me good lining....She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
[Boston IVF- Providence] A nice small clinic with staff that gets to know you as a person. They take their time and sincerely wish you the best. Their monitoring hours could be longer but there are so few patients there is little wait time... Monitoring is always well run and you see people you know. They know your name and ask how you are as a person. They genuinely care about your cycles and take an interest in you.
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to move on if things are not working
She is caring and takes her time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy always called back promptly and took her time listening to me and getting me answers
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
We had no costs other than our insurance deductible
Describe Kerri Luzzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She was supportive of eSET and my desire to not have multiples
Providence
He was very optimistic but not blindly so. He was very friendly and made a sad and uncomfortable process much easier. He talked to us like humans and made me more optimistic than my previously two failed transfers... With my previous doctor i felt like a number but with Dr ryley i felt like he truly cared about me and was very personable... He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/... He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they [Boston IVF] have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
He is very kind and has great compassion and warmth for patients
He did my transfer but my third one so my embryos were already frozen
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They treated me a little mord like a number and i know they have a lot of patients but they could have been more organized maybe by hiring more nurses
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Too many patients and not enough nurses. You do feel like a number sometimes. Also my first doctor was more pushy about only transferring one even though it’s ultimatrly up to me. That said i know they have a large number of patients but hiring more nurses should be a priority. Also telling people their transfer time a few days before the actual day rather than the day before would be helpful for planning purposes but other than that the fertility clinic is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I do not remember
Describe David Ryley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
None. He recommend SET for my age which is mid 20/
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Just not ordering the blood test that they told me they had ordered
Waltham

Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers... Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel.
They [Boston IVF] make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions... Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He’s nice and likeable and will be there to answer any questions you have. He fully explains all the processes to move forward so you are comfortable with the process
He explained everything and was open and honest with me
Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel. Moving on to IVF now
Kind and reassuring
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Only cost not covered by insurance is for the testing of embryos
Cape Cod

I did not find Dr. Thornton to be a caring physician. She did not take the time to answer our questions or to fully explain everything that was going on. I always felt rushed and that I was taking up her time.... Dr. Thornton did not order the full panel of tests that our current RE ordered. I found out through my current RE that I have a thyroid issue that requires me to take medication. Dr. Thornton also did not give me proper instructions on how to take a supplement she advised me to take.
I felt very rushed at my appointments.... The clinic [Boston IVF] is incredibly large and you often feel like a number and feel rushed. There are ample physicians if you wish to get a second opinion within the same clinic.... I did not find Dr. Thornton to be a caring physician. She did not take the time to answer our questions or to fully explain everything that was going on. I always felt rushed and that I was taking up her time.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at Boston IVF?
Do not go to her. Find a different provider or clinic.
I felt very rushed at my appointments.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is incredibly large and you often feel like a number and feel rushed. There are ample physicians if you wish to get a second opinion within the same clinic.
Worcester
He [Dr. Bayer] was very kind and understanding...He seemed very knowledgeable and helped us feel confident that our treatment would work. We walked out feeling comforted and excited to begin treatment. We only saw doctor Bayer a couple times because I got pregnant the first round of treatment which was amazing!...He started us with Letrozole and then the plan was to use a trigger shot to get me to ovulate but my LH was high enough on its own that I didn’t need it. I ovulated naturally and got pregnant!
[Boston IVF is] a little impersonal and kind of a wheelhouse but honestly I didn’t care I just wanted to get pregnant and I knew they were the best. I was willing to be treated like a number if it meant I got pregnant so I ended up being very happy with the results since we did get pregnant right away...He [Dr. Bayer] was very kind and understanding...He seemed very knowledgeable and helped us feel confident that our treatment would work
Trust the process!
He was very kind and understanding.
They were pleasant.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s a little impersonal and kind of a wheelhouse but honestly I didn’t care I just wanted to get pregnant and I knew they were the best. I was willing to be treated like a number if it meant I got pregnant so I ended up being very happy with the results since we did get pregnant right away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
My insurance pretty much covered everything which was amazing and I’m very grateful for that.
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy...told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy...He won’t give up on you...Trust him and listen to him.
The nurses [at Boston IVF] are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had...The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles...Fantastic clinic, everyone treated you like family. Love the Domar clinic being onsite to receive western medicine in conjunction with eastern. So many amazing doctors at Boston IVF and they all care...Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy. They always took the time to listen to me
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy.
Trust him and listen to him. He won’t give up on you
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles
Boston
He [Dr. David Ryley] is very honest and you will leave his office with hope... is very thorough with his explanations and never rushed a conversation. He asks questions to get to know us as people, not just patients. From the first day I met him he showed confidence that he would find a plan that worked and he did!...He is personable, empathetic, and actually seemed to listen...
Nurse Doran [at Boston IVF] is very punctual with returning calls, which helps reduce stress. She is thorough and extremely patient with all my questions...I feel the cost has been fair...The weakness of the Boston location is just that - the location. We always knew we would have to travel to appointments but things can be stressful enough with infertility, sitting in traffic thinking you are going to miss your appointment shouldn’t be one of them.
How was your experience with David Ryley at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley is very thorough with his explanations and never rushed a conversation. He asks questions to get to know us as people, not just patients. From the first day I met him he showed confidence that he would find a plan that worked and he did!
He is very honest and you will leave his office with hope.
He is personable, empathetic, and actually seemed to listen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Doran)
Nurse Doran is very punctual with returning calls, which helps reduce stress. She is thorough and extremely patient with all my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley at Boston IVF.
I feel the cost has been fair.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Bayer shows compassion and goes above and beyond to make sure as a patient you feel his compassion. I have only worked with Dr. Bayer for a few months and his expertise and caring ways have already exceeded my expectations.... oston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Boston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Brookline

she [Dr. Rita Sneeringer] decide because of my age that a 2 embryo transfer was going to give me a better chance...explain every aspect of the treatment. she was clear with all that could of happen. She is very griendly and down to earth doctor.She understands what my needs were. she really try to communicate every thing to us in every visit...I was started with honal-f 900 I and then manipur 75 iu was added, centroine and the last last inject was the trigger shot of HCG. I had no adverse reactions to this medications.
My nurse [at Boston IVF] was very compassionate she always call with any news. overall all the nurses there are friendly and compassionate...well the clinic could give out brochures on the treatments and it need to update their reception area. To a new patient just be patience when going in for blood work or ultrasound because even if you are given an appointment is by signing in so the earlier you are there the better
How was your experience with Rita Sneeringer at Boston IVF?
Dr sneeringer explain every aspect of the treatment. she was clear with all that could of happen. She is very griendly and down to earth doctor.She understands what my needs were. she really try to communicate every thing to us in every visit
Ask about financial help if paying out of pocket. Don't be afraid to ask questions when in doubt
the staff was very nice they undrstand what i was going thru
I was started with honal-f 900 I and then manipur 75 iu was added, centroine and the last last inject was the trigger shot of HCG. I had no adverse reactions to this medications. Which am grateful for
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My nurse was very compassionate she always call with any news. overall all the nurses there are friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
she decide because of my age that a 2 embryo transfer was going to give me a better chance

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions...was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
The clinic [IVF New England] is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well...She [Dr. Kerri Luzzo] is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions
How was your experience with Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF?
Dr Luzzo was upfront with the risks and benefits yet was warm in her approach despite difficult messages to deliver. She is gentle with her assessments and treatments. She was very informative about options.
Continue with what she is doing
She is very attentive to the patient. She is delicate yet direct in her messaging. She explains all the information at a learner's pace and is very patient with questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is a warm and friendly environment. The are very timely with the appointment times. Essentially feel as a one stop shopping for most of the treatment needs. All the nurses gets to know their patients well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kerri Luzzo at Boston IVF.
limited coverage by insurance, mostly out of pocket costs which has limited ability to move forward with IVF cycles
none