Braverman Reproductive Immunology

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
888 Park Ave
Park Ave
888 Park Avenue
516-584-8710
800 Woodbury Road
Woodbury, NY 11797
516-584-8710
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Braverman Reproductive Immunology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 24Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 29
2 doctors
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other
They [nurses at Braverman Reproductive Immunology] were all very compassionate, helpful, always willing to talk you off the ledge if a medication didn't arrive on time or if you missed a dose, they gave instructions if you forgot what they said or forgot how to administer , or mix medications...I was on gluten / dairy free diet, no red meat, no alcohol, no caffeine, & low sugar diet. I took probiotics and endometriosis supplements made by Dr Braverman. Calcium 1200 mg a day, D3 2000 mg a day, B12, Plaquenil 200 mg 2x a day metformin 750 mg 2x a day, prednisone started at 20 mg 3 x a day and ended up being about 80mg a day for about 2 mos prior to transfer. After we started the cycle added in a prenatal, fish fish oil, biogreen supplement, lupron, letrozole, lovenox, crinone, amoxicillian, delestrogen, prograf, viagara(that i had a allergic reaction to), had to stop crinone and take progesterone in oil for 10 days while things calmed down.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Sometimes the medicine schedule if there was a lot of medications didn't always print out the whole list. It was rare when that happened but if you ask the nurse she would double check to make sure. Most of the time if you had to go to another location they would tell you the location print the information out and it would be listed on your forms so you know where to go however if you forget you could always call and someone would always be willing to help you with whatever you needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Braverman at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
He was compassionate did everything he could do to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Sandra Tavares. LInda Silva, Jasmine D'Alessandro)
They were all very compassionate, helpful, always willing to talk you off the ledge if a medication didn't arrive on time or if you missed a dose, they gave instructions if you forgot what they said or forgot how to administer , or mix medications.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Braverman at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
He’s compassionate, sensitive, caring, willing to do all he can to make sure he can help you achieve your dream. He gives you hope when you have none and encourages you to believe. That is 1/2 the battle. The other is him helping to prepare your body to get rid of all the issues that he can potentially control to give your best chances at conceiving and keeping the pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Braverman at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
Don't ever give up.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Braverman used in your cycles at Braverman Reproductive Immunology and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Braverman at Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
My expenses were out of network so I had coinsurance and a deductable to meet which was pretty expensive. Dr. Braverman worked with us to make it reasonable for us to try as long as we had coverage. Now that my insurance refuses to cover it we can no longer afford to try.
Describe Jeffrey Braverman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
We had 4 embryos that we got from the 1st part of the cycle that were frozen. All 4 were thawed and I was recommended to do all of them. I was nervous but the other Dr Vidale and the embryologist explained that it would be better to put them all in because it would increase our chances and some were not as good graded.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
This clinic is very nice. You dont need to wait long for an appointment and they treat you like a human there. I honestly cant think of any weaknesses...The cost of my surgery with this dr. [Vidal] was $10,000 because my insurance did not cover this procedure and he is known to be one of the best endometriosis excision specialists in NY...[nurses] They were very nice and communicated with me in a timely manner and only when needed.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Vidali at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
Dr Vidali was very easy to talk to and explained everything clearly. He came off warm and caring. He was very involved with pre and post care for my laparoscopy. He gave me his cell number to text him if anything came up which really alleviated my anxiety when recovering from a difficult surgery.
How was your experience with Andrea Vidali at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
I had a really good experience with this dr. I had 3 failed IVFS in which I produced many eggs and embryos and all the embryos would arrest or would be poor quality. I also never conceived naturally or with IUI. I was nervous to do surgery to explore for endometriosis, adhesions, polyps, fibroids..etc but felt like it was pointless to keep doing IVFS and getting the same results. This dr truly believed that endometriosis could be a factor. He explained the surgery and what to expect very clearly. He was very accessible for questions/concerns pre and post surgery.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Vidali at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
My advice would be to relax and be calm because this dr. truly has everything covered and it very gentle.
Describe the protocols Andrea Vidali used in your cycles at Braverman Reproductive Immunology and their degree of success.
I was on Metformin for improved egg quality and Dr Bravermans' and Dr. Vidali's endometriosis supplements and probiotics everyday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Vidali at Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The cost of my surgery with this dr. was $10,000 because my insurance did not cover this procedure and he is known to be one of the best endometriosis excision specialists in NY.
Andrea Vidali
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
This clinic [Braverman] can be somewhat disorganized at times so you need to be on top of your test results and call in to get them. It is easy to make an appointment and they seem flexible. The staff there are very nice as well. Stacey helped me a lot to to get reimbursement from my insurance company. She was SUPER helpful! Judy who is in charge of finances is also a pleasure to work with. The front desk receptionist Darlene is also very sweet and easy to communicate with.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
This clinic can be somewhat disorganized at times so you need to be on top of your test results and call in to get them. It is easy to make an appointment and they seem flexible. The staff there are very nice as well. Stacey helped me a lot to to get reimbursement from my insurance company. She was SUPER helpful! Judy who is in charge of finances is also a pleasure to work with. The front desk receptionist Darlene is also very sweet and easy to communicate with.
I feel like a human being treated by Dr. Braverman. He is pretty accessible and even lets you email questions to him which he always answers that same day. He can come off as blunt but he is the 6th dr I have been to so I dont mind it and appreciate that he can back up his theories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Jasmine)
I have spoken to several nurses but for this current cycle Jasmine was the main one. She was very helpful and sent out a detailed email with instructions on how to take many complicated medications. She was also quick to answer my emails and showed me how to do the lovenox injections.
Dr. Braverman is the 6th Dr. I have been to on this long 5 year journey of infertility. Ive done multiple IVFs producing many eggs and embryos however none would make it to blast or if they did would be poor quality. No doctor could tell me why and we did every test imaginable! Dr. Braverman suggested endometriosis and immunological testing can be an answer for this anomaly. I did an laparoscopy like he suggested and endometriosis was in fact found. He also found some small immunological issues which could be contributing to inability to conceive naturally, with IUI and having failed IVF's. I so far did one IUI with his immune meds and awaiting for the results but I am hopeful. Dr. Braverman always answered any questions I had and was very easy to contact via email. He has lots of research backing up his immune treatments and seems to be very dedicated to his work.
My advice would be to get ready to take lots and lots of medications which can be overwhelming. A lot of this immunology testing is really confusing but you just need to trust him. Dr. Braverman leaves no stone un-turned.
My first IUI with Dr. Braverman we used 5mg of letrozole for 5 days, triggered with ovidrel and had back to back IUI's 2 days in a row. The day of my IUI I had to start taking lovenox 40mg (blood thinner for APA's_ twice a day, prednisone 10mg (a steroid for immune factors) twice a day, and Crinone a few days later once in the AM. All of these medications were to treat any immune factor that affect conception. I am still in this current cycle so dont know if it worked yet but I am hopeful since no other dr could tell me why I could not conceive naturally.
My full immune panel cost $3,000 and that includes his analyzing of your results and 3 natural monitored cycles. The lab fee for this testing was around $1500. If you decided to do a laparoscopy out of pocket its $10.000.
2014 - 2017
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
I came to Dr Braverman nearly 4 years ago. We had some frozen embryos created from another clinic. At our first sit down and exam he found leaky tube or tubes (which at the time no other previous clinic had found).He was very informative as to what our b/w for immune issues could show. He answered all our questions honestly and said in the time it would take to get back the b/w approx 6 weeks, feel free to email with any questions
2014 - 2017
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
As previously stated Reproductive Immunology is complex and Dr Braverman truly understands it and can explain in detail what the medications he prescribes are doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
The nursing staff is available both through phone & email. Calendars and cycles are always explained in detail. If there is ever a question and one of the nurses isn't avail through email. Dr Braverman is always avail through email usually answering within mins
I find Jeffrey Braverman to be very understanding knowledgeable & honest. I came to him nearly 4 years ago needing surgery for Endo and leaking tubes. We came to to him with failed cycles and frozen embryos. He has been so understanding to our long journey. He has changed our protocol when needed, and always communicated every step along the way. Although we haven't had success yet I know we will I believe in him.
His wealth of knowledge is like no other doctor. He is warm and compassionate and understanding of the journey. He completely understands the complex issues of Reproductive Immunology. He will help you achieve the goal that no other doctor was able to accomplish.
We used baby aspirin, Lovenox, Neupogen and prednisone. Plus we checked our immune b/w after a failed cycle. Changing the dose of prednisone and Lovenox. Prednisone 20mg 2 x a day. Lovenox 40mg 2 x a day. Our last cycle new donor eggs resulted in crappy eggs although we did get pregnant it was a chemical.
Dr Braverman isn't cheap. I always say people should see him first not last. The company that he uses for his immune b/w Reprosource isn't cheap that partly where costs come in. He is fair though and tries to help where he can with costs. Although he can't cut costs with b/w as that is done through a third party.
He goes and explained all the risks and everything to my husband and I in detail. Given my long history I believe I would still want to transfer two and take our chances. With my Endo and all
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
I had two nurses [Braverman - Woodbury] that responded to my care during the 1st trimester of my pregnancy. They provided bloodwork results and provided feedback on changes to my drug regimen. Due to the fact that I was an out of state patient, I never met either in person. Their communication via email/phone was excellent...As an out of state patient, I had seen a local fertility doctor with no success. Dr. Braverman was able to partner with my local doctor and continue my care without having to travel to NYC the entire time.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
I never visited this clinic in person.
Dr. Braverman and his staff responded to me in a timely and personal manner. They responded as if they knew me personally even though we never met in person. There was always someone to answer the phone and provide a real person to talk to almost immediately. And they did well with managing emotions and anxieties/questions during the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Linda and Jasmine)
I had two nurses that responded to my care during the 1st trimester of my pregnancy. They provided bloodwork results and provided feedback on changes to my drug regimen. Due to the fact that I was an out of state patient, I never met either in person. Their communication via email/phone was excellent.
As an out of state patient, I had seen a local fertility doctor with no success. Dr. Braverman was able to partner with my local doctor and continue my care without having to travel to NYC the entire time. Our experience was not the inability to get pregnant but stay pregnant. He was able to identify our issue and had a medical protocol to manage the pregnancy so we did not lose another baby. He answered questions via email quickly throughout the pregnancy and also his nursing staff would answer questions via email and phone.
It is always important to get an second opinion. If you can't get the result that you want, there is a potential to get a different response with a doctor who specializes in something different. Dr. Braverman is a scientist, specializing in the reasons for infertility and experiment with new medicines and methods to help achieve your goal.
Dr. Braverman prescribed a immunological workup of blood tests for me and my husband. These results were able to provide us with answers regarding the immunological response to pregnancy in my body. He suggested that I have silent endometriosis and to have surgery in NYC. Since I had a previous surgery, I was able to provide the video and voice over to his surgeon and he evaluated that I did not have endometriosis. Therefore, we tried to get pregnant on our own with success. I started his supplement list with vitamins and Endo-Optimize immediately after meeting with him as well as eliminated gluten from my diet and changed food sourcing to be as local as possible especially for meat. As soon as I became pregnant, Dr. Braverman ordered bloodwork every 2 weeks and he adjusted my drug regimen during the first trimester. I was on a high dose of Prednisone, Neupogen and Lovenox. I was also previously on Synthroid and remained on that treatment throughout pregnancy. Also during my 1st trimester, I would get an ultrasound every two weeks with my local doctor and he would administer IVIG (Intralipids) every 2 weeks per the recommendation of Dr. Braverman. During the 3rd trimester, I switched to Heparin at week 36 weeks and remained for 6 weeks postpartum. Baby girl was delivered in February 2017!!
Dr. Braverman has an initial cost for the beginning of treatment that provides care. We also paid about $1500 for the initial immunological testing that was diagnostic. Once I was pregnant, we paid another fee, equal to the first, for the duration of our care. Any readings of bloodwork were an additional fee.
Woodbury
I think the strength is that the clinic is one of the only ones that has expertise in reproductive immunology. The clinic is perfectly nice and comfortable. The equipment is not as nice or 'cutting edge' as the one I left nor is the lab where I had the embryo transfer, but I didn't care because I trusted that they had the answer to my problem. And I would hands down prefer that than a fancy clinic that keeps throwing nearly the same protocol at me with the same negative outcome. Dr. Braverman's clinic saw patients both in Long Island and in Manhatten so they are clearly doing what they can to be accessible to patients, and Dr. Braverman will collaborate with other physicians elsewhere around the country and world as long as they are willing to acknowledge the partnership.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Dr. Braverman personally responds to emails and makes himself available for phone calls or Skype. He has a small staff who are kind, responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Jasmine D'Alessandro)
My nurse was kind, thorough and responsive. She also talked me off the ledge a number of times when I had misstepped with the protocol (one time leaving very expensive medication out for hours that was supposed to be refridgerated). She was very helpful, understanding, and individualized the care for me. I asked her to email me instead of call me with the results of each blood pregnancy test because the call, for some reason, was so hard for me, and she did. She was understanding, compassionate, and competent. Another example that comes to mind is that she told me when a particular pharmacy was charging me through the nose for fertility medication and did some price comparison for me with other pharmacies she knew.
I was so relieved to find Dr. Braverman. I had experienced so many early losses or chemical pregnancies and I knew something was going on with my body because the story was always the same. Positive pregnancy test followed by declining betas, or betas that were increasing but not by enough to be viable or very early miscarriages at 5 or 6 weeks. Dr. Braverman was confident I was having an immune issue and after a thorough immunological work-up determined a protocol that he believed would address my issues. I left the clinic I had been at for years (and had helped me have my son) and moved my one remaining embryo to New York. Initially Dr. Braverman's more direct manner struck my Midwestern sensibilities as less compassionate, but after more interaction with Dr. Braverman, I found that to be completely untrue. He was kind, confident and accessible. I remember when I was 3 months pregnant and so scared to stop one of the medications he prescribed. I emailed him to seek reassurance and he wrote back an incredibly supportive email on a Saturday reassuring me that he would be there to monitor me and oversee my care. And it was a bit of a different arrangement where I had monitoring visits in DC area and everything was sent to Dr. Braverman for him to coordinate the care. I traveled to NY several times, but did much of the visits locally. He was flexible in making it work for me.
I would highly recommend Dr. Braverman. I think his work with reproductive immunology is so fascinating and makes so much sense. I think he's a genius, and having the ability and incredible knowledge to evaluate someone's immunological functioning with respect to pregnancy allows him to have success earlier. If your clinic, like mine, dismisses it, push forward and have a consult with Dr. Braverman. I had one remaining frozen embryo after transferring 4 PGS normal embryos with the same result. He had one chance to get it right and he did. His protocol helped me stay pregnant and have my baby girl, and I will be forever grateful.
Based on my body's response to the prior embryo transfers, the number of early losses I had, and the results of my immunological work-up, Dr. Braverman prescribed neupogen, prednisone, and lovenox in addition to the medications common with IVF (progesteron, estrogen). He also monitored my body's response to the pregnancy. At the same time as my blood pregnancy test, he ordered another immunological work-up and it showed an increase of a particular cytokine, interleukin 17 (IL-17), which if I understand correctly research indicates is related to pregnancy complications and pregnancy loss. He doubled my steroid (prednisone) in response and I was able to progress through the period when I had lost each prior pregnancy. Clearly my body was reacting to the embryo so the medications he prescribed reduced the inflammation and, as I understand it, stopped my body's rejection of the embryo. I progressed through my pregnancy despite a number of high risks and my baby girl is now almost 4 months.
There were fees for a consult, the frozen embryo transfer, the immunology work-up, reading the lab results, and the medication. One of the most significant costs, for which I had insurance coverage, is the particular lab where the immune work-ups are done. If Reprosource is not a covered lab for you, the costs could be very high.
NA - I only had one embryo left so it was a non-issue.
2010 - 2016
PCOS, Unexplained
2010 - 2016
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Their strength is their willingness to help anyone and truly care about each and every patient.
Everyone is treated with kindness and with the utmost care.
The nursing staff is unbelievable. Extremely compassionate and willing to answer any questions you may have.
Dr. Braverman is an angel here on Earth. He gives hope to all of his patients especially to those who are ready to give up. I began seeing him because after about two years of trying, I wasn't getting pregnant. When I finally did, I lost him. Mind you I already had one so I didn't understand what secondary infertility was until I saw him. Long story short, he was able to figure out what was happening and on my first IVF attempt, I got pregnant. My daughter is 6 years old today and we feel so blessed. Fast forward to last year. After some complications at her birth I was told not to have anymore and I was fine with that. Well, surprise, I got pregnant on my own and boy was I terrified. Dr. Braverman was the first doctor I called because I knew he would help me. Of course he did, and my son is a happy and healthy 7 month old. I truly believe that had I not gone to see him, my son would not have had a chance. So now I am blessed with two girls and boy and if it weren't for Dr. Braverman, my last two wouldn't be here. He is truly amazing. Kind, compassionate and unbelievably knowledgeable in the field of fertility. You really will not find anyone better than him. We are forever grateful to him and I am so lucky to have been a patient of his.
He will find a way to get you pregnant. He is very intelligent and extremely knowledgeable in this field. Never give up hope as long as you are with Dr. Braverman.
I can remember doing injections to prepare for egg retrieval and ultimately transfer. When it worked and I was pregnant, I was on prednisone and Lovenox injections until my 12th week. With my son who I conceived naturally, I started on baby aspirin and prednisone and Lovenox. I was on the aspirin and prednisone for a couple of weeks, but the Lovenox I was on the entire pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
I had a sonogram every time I went.
I was very fortunate that my insurance covered everything but I know Dr. Braverman would work with you if need be.
He prefers multiple embryo transfer but of course only if it's right for the patient.
2009 - 2016
IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Other
The nurses at Dr.Braverman's are excellent. They are easily approachable with questions, accessible via email and very supportive. They are super compassionate and have always provided me a shoulder to cry and open arms when I was anxious, nervous or joyous too.
2009 - 2016
European, Latino
IUI, IVF
Because of the personal contact and communication during my entire journey, I've never felt like a number like I did at other fertility clinics. Dr.Braverman's genuine concern for me, my care and my goals of having a baby was always his top priority. The nurses and staff also made a huge difference by their wonderful support.
Dr.Braverman is by far one of the most genuine, compassionate and intelligent Dr's I've ever met in my life. His diligent work and determination to help me achieve my dreams never wavered even when I lost faith. I first came to Dr.B after 3 unsuccessful pregnancies and numerous treatments at a cookie cutter fertility clinic. I was told by a Dr. that my miscarriages were "simply bad luck." Said Dr. also said that one of his patients had 11 miscarriages, in a failed attempt to make me feel better. So, I arrived at Dr.Braverman's literally crying, still grieving and hanging on to the little hope I had left. I have trusted Dr.Braverman for so many years because his treatments and protocols are tailored to my specific needs. He was always present for appointments and available via phone or email with any questions or concerns I had. (And believe me, I had plenty and he answered them all!) His knowledge is extensive and his support is amazing. He's the first Dr. I recommend when asked. I am thankful, grateful and blessed because of him.
Trust him.
My past protocols have been based upon my immune testing and Dr.B's knowledge and experience.
8 IVF, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
They [Nurses at Braverman - Manhattan] are very good at hunting down money and payment but slow to respond to any treatment or info requests...Will nickel and dime you and over charge you. Only go if you have RPL and definitive diagnosis...Don't pay allthat upfront money (charges 3 THOUSAND dollars for just a consult) unless you have definite RPL and immune issues. If you are just looking for answers go somewhere else...
8 IVF, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
A money factory. Will nickel and dime you and over charge you. Only go if you have RPL and definitive diagnosis. Otherwise a waste of money and sham
When we met to review our results we had to wait over an hour in an empty office then while reviewing our results Dr. Braverman kept his phone ear piece in and would take calls occasionally. He also gave us a 'cookie cutter diagnosis' which ended up being false and according to a second and third opinion had no basis in science.
They are very good at hunting down money and payment but slow to respond to any treatment or info requests.
What specific things went wrong at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
While I can see why he has helped many people since he is aggressive and out of the box thinking he completely mis diagnosed me causing me thousands of dollars in additional unnecessary treatment and months long delays. He seems enamored with his own intellect rather than truly caring about me as an individual. It was actually the worst treatment I have received in my 4 clinic and 10 ivf cycle pursuit for a baby.
After one review of lab tests that costs me 1k and a quick abdominal ultrasound he diagnosed me with severe endometriosis and recommended immediate surgery. I paid 3k for the surgery and had ZERO endo. Completely false diagnosis.
Over 6 THOUSAND dollars for 45 minute false diagnosis and unecessary surgery to follow.
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological
The nursing staff [at Braverman Reproductive Immunology] is very knowledgeable and diligent. They are generally pretty responsive as well. I definitely felt like they delivered personalized and compassionate care.... Prednisone, intralipids, neupogen, metformin, lovenox, baby aspirin, resveratrol, vitamin d, melatonin, coQ10, pine tree bark, fish oil, prenatal vitamins... The operation is more intimate than most of the larger, hospital-affiliated centers in the area. Patients typically have the option to see a doctor in Manhattan for monitoring, which may be more convenient for some people than Woodbury
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The operation is more intimate than most of the larger, hospital-affiliated centers in the area. Patients typically have the option to see a doctor in Manhattan for monitoring, which may be more convenient for some people than Woodbury, LI.
I felt like we received very personalized care from Dr. Braverman, particularly as new patients. It was certainly a huge important over our previous doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable and diligent. They are generally pretty responsive as well. I definitely felt like they delivered personalized and compassionate care.
What specific things went wrong at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
Dr. Braverman was much more attentive and available than our previous doctor. He was also far more thorough from the very beginning. He suspected my "silent" endometriosis from the first consultation. Other doctors may have led me through multiple IVF cycles without addressing that fundamental issue. He also diagnosed and treated other underlying conditions that our previous doctor had missed. His approach helped us have a healthy child and we are very grateful.
My insurance company covered monitoring, but not procedures, which I believe cost $6,000-$10,000 per cycle. I also had coverage for some but not all of the medications. This was a huge cost, especially for ovarian stimulation drugs and neupogen. The immunological testing ordered through Reprosource was also very expensive.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
I felt confident that Dr Braverman was going to utilise all his vast knowledge and groundbreaking research to help us, which was incredibly reassuring. He continually tests your blood so as to keep on top of your immune treatment, rather than just guessing as the majority of drs do. You can go for rounds and rounds of treatment elsewhere, or use your money for monitoring and have more chance of success. After 5yrs of miscarriages and drs we went with Jeffrey Braverman, the best decision we ever made! Our little miracle is such a joy! We felt the staff were great on the phone, but can't comment on the clinic as we never attended in person (we live in the uk).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr Braverman was determined to get us to our end goal of becoming a family, not just interested in taking our money with a wish-washy approach of 'lets see'. After 3months on his endo supplements, and a short time on levothyroxine, we had a surprise natural bfp. Dr Braverman immediately got back to me on a Sunday to tell me what meds to begin etc. Excellent and humane service!
Seriously consider going to Dr Braverman if you have been struggling with fertility/miscarriage. Don't try the slightly cheaper immune drs first, it is likely to cost you more in the long run (not to mention the time lost and emotional struggle) having to repeat cycles, with less monitoring.
Endo supplements to help what he felt were mitochondrial issues with my eggs. Low dose levo to help bring my TSH down slightly (not raised enough for nhs to do anything). We were due to start IVF with a clinic in Europe, with Dr Braverman advising, but got a positive test which remained prior to this thanks to the intial protocol. Afterwards my bloods showed an immune reaction, which Dr Braverman kept under control with various meds.
Endometriosis, Immunological
Dr. Braverman took time with me and my husband. He had a specific clear plan on how he would help get me pregnant and he was confident that he could help us. He did all his own ultrasounds and exams on me which made me feel important and not just a number...I was placed on vitamins prior to my cycle... reservatrol, vitamin D, folate, prenatal, daily green drink, melatonin, co-q10, pine tree bark, most of these are in his supplement called Endo-optimize. I was on prednisone as anti-inflammatory and Intralipids-infusion to assist with elevated inflammatory factors and natural killer cells. Lovenox injections for antiphoslipid antibodies. Frozen cycle to give my body a rest from the stimulation from cycling.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The staff is consistent and friendly. They are like a family. They are very organized and communication is great!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Jasmine Alessandro )
Schedules of medications and other plans were prepared on a type written calendar given each month as my treatments continued. The nurse and staff ALWAYs returned my phone calls and emails. The nurse was positive and a confident that they can help me get and stay pregnant.
Dr. Braverman is gifted and talented in reproductive immunology. His research and dedication to people struggling with infertility is what helped me get pregnant and keep a pregnancy to term. After many treatments and procedures with other doctor, Dr. Braverman is the one that got me pregnant.
That based on my history and tries and finally having a baby there is a high chance that Dr. Braverman can get you pregnant and keep you pregnant till term.
Appointments were scheduled accordingly, I was always taken at or very close to the time scheduled.
I don't remember
Out of 4, I transferred 2. But it was my preference to transfer the 2 best embryos and give myself the best chance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
Strengths of this clinic [Braverman Reproductive Immunology] include state of the art suite of immune testing, convenience of doing lab draws in house and also infusions should you need to have one. I am of course assuming all of this is still current information. Convenience from NYC to the Woodbury isn't the best, so if you are traveling you will probably need a rental car from the airport or amtrak. Luckily there are hotel options that are not too far from the clinic in Woodbury. This location also has a research team who analyzes patient data and immune results. There is a fee associated with this. The website does outline their fees better than information I could provide here and they did change for each of my pregnancies so likely whatever I put will be outdated. Just be aware that the fees may be more and/or higher than you expect them to be. On one occasion I did have a wait in the office and traffic back to NYC made it hard for me to get my rental car back in time to catch my train. Make sure to give yourself plenty of extra time if you go to the office to visit and allow extra time for traffic back into the city.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Strengths of this clinic include state of the art suite of immune testing, convenience of doing lab draws in house and also infusions should you need to have one. I am of course assuming all of this is still current information. Convenience from NYC to the Woodbury isn't the best, so if you are traveling you will probably need a rental car from the airport or amtrak. Luckily there are hotel options that are not too far from the clinic in Woodbury. This location also has a research team who analyzes patient data and immune results. There is a fee associated with this. The website does outline their fees better than information I could provide here and they did change for each of my pregnancies so likely whatever I put will be outdated. Just be aware that the fees may be more and/or higher than you expect them to be. On one occasion I did have a wait in the office and traffic back to NYC made it hard for me to get my rental car back in time to catch my train. Make sure to give yourself plenty of extra time if you go to the office to visit and allow extra time for traffic back into the city.
Dr. Braverman accepted me as a patient when other doctors had no hope for me. After so many losses my prognosis looked bleak without using a gestational surrogate. He had the means to give me answers and felt he could help me and ultimately helped make my family a reality. He took the time to go over my results himself and also do my preconception physical when I went to see him before trying for our second child. And when I unexpectedly became pregnant with my third child he helped get the medications I needed to also make that pregnancy successful. I'm very lucky to have found Dr. Braverman.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia, Sandra, )
On multiple occasions either Sandra or Cynthia had to put in orders for blood work or immune testing for me and did so in a prompt manner. They were always nice and willing to help. I was a long distance patient so everything had to be done via email or on the phone. I did have the pleasure of meeting them on one occasion and they were just as nice in person.
I loved Dr. Braverman's sense of humor. He thinks outside the box and is willing to try treatments that other doctors would never try. I really felt like he cared about me and my family. I honestly can't thank Dr. Braverman for everything he has done for me including giving me hope and making himself available through email and phone. During my second successful pregnancy I developed IUGR and even though his policy at the time was to monitor through first trimester I contacted him at 28w with this news asking for advice. He instructed me to go back in my intralipid treatment and suggested other therapies and we were able to reverse the IUGR. I was monitored very closely and we could see this trend starting around 20w. Dr. Braverman was gracious and kind enough to help me even though I was no longer his patient. And now I have three Braverman babies because of him and his staff. My advice to others in this situation if you are not a textbook case and there is no explanation for your losses please go see him and get his comprehensive immune testing. If you are a fairly run of the mill case then maybe you don't need the "big guns". But if you want the best and you want success there is no question that you need to go see Dr. Braverman. Good luck to any others out there reading this I certainly wish you all what I have now :-)
My advice to others out there struggling... Trust your gut, if you think there is more going on with your body than standard tests can detect please get comprehensive testing with a doctor with a team of people who can help interpret and treat the issues that may come up. Also, please don't let any doctor tell you that immune treatment is voodoo for fertility. There are so many studies out there telling us otherwise.
For all three of my successful pregnancies we used Neupogen, intralipids, lovenox, prednisone, and synthroid. This was after I miscarried twice on IVIG and Humira (plus lovenox, prednisone and synthriod) with another clinic. All were natural conceptions and treatments generally started at the beginning of the cycle or ovulation. The dosages were different for each pregnancy. For my first successful pregnancy (pregnancy #9) I only used Neupogen (1mcg/kg for low Tregs to 12w), lovenox (60mg twice a day for FVL and +APS) and synthroid (borderline hypothyroid) plus 1 dose of intralipids. Successful induction at 39w. Second successful pregnancy I had to be on prednisone (10mg to 14w) to get pregnant and then I had to have intralipids every 2 weeks plus lovenox, Neupogen and synthroid for all the reasons mentioned above. I went back on intralipds and a higher dosage of lovenox (80mg twice a day) after the IUGR diagnosis at 29w which we were able to reverse by 36w. Successful induction at 38w5d. Third successful pregnancy higher dose of prednisone (20mg to 16w) and higher dose of Neupogen (1.5mcg/kg) probably from starting them late plus 60mg of lovenox twice a day and intralipids every 2 weeks. Diagnosed with CVP at 12w and monitored closely throughout. Successful induction at 38w6d.
This changed with each pregnancy along with the number of tests and treatments available to patients through several years. Also in that time Dr. Braverman has added his research team which also accounts for the additional costs. I believe that with my first pregnancy fees were $2,000 and included first trimester monitoring with additional costs of testing. I paid OOP for my Neupogen but could get next day delivery of medication through the pharmacy Dr. Braverman works with. For my second successful pregnancy I was already a patient of his. I think my fees were $2500 and included first trimester monitoring and was good for 3 pregnancies. I did need to go see him in person for this preconception appointment, 6w and 12w, and had additional costs associated with that. For my last successful pregnancy I think the immune management fee was $3000 and included monitoring for my entire pregnancy. I again paid OOP for my Neupogen but at this point knew a few places that I could get it a bit cheaper. The immune panels were through Reprosource's safeguard program and were ~$500 each but insurance covered them for my last pregnancy so I had no additional costs for that other than medications. Again, their website has a better outline of the costs associated with a cycle. Also keep in mind I did not have any ART with these, they were all natural conceptions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
My two nurses [at Braverman - Woodbury] were good at Dr. Braverman's office but the staff can be very disorganized and finance is notorious for late billing - so that's something for patients to know... I think there is work to be done there, even though I quite liked the head of finance Judy and found her very helpful when you could actually track her down to talk to her...The fees are numerous and high but if your insurance covers part it won't be that bad. We were 100% out of pocket so it was painful.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
My two nurses were good at Dr. Braverman's office but the staff can be very disorganized and finance is notorious for late billing - so that's something for patients to know. I forgot to mention in my review but I was charged for test result analysis 16 and 10 months late - my baby was almost 6 months old and I wasn't getting a paycheque as I was on leave! That kind of lack of organization is offensive to me since we paid out of pocket. I think there is work to be done there, even though I quite liked the head of finance Judy and found her very helpful when you could actually track her down to talk to her.
I was treated individually by the doctor and staff. Some patients don't have this experience as the staff can be disorganized and busy and Dr. B can come across as though he thinks patients will never understand his work so explanations can be rushed. I took an active role and he responded very well and answered my many questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
My two nurses were both great communicators and kind.
Very knowledgeable. Prepared to be aggressive when necessary. Very very expensive.
Ask questions and learn about your diagnoses and proposed treatments. Take charge of your care and ask him to explain explain explain.
Neupogen - KIR AA haplotype, lack of HLA-C mismatches with partner Prednisone (20-60 mg) - systemic inflammation, NKa Lovenox Baby aspirin Claritin - histamines Letrozole in FET - implantation failure, lining Estrogen Progesterone in Oil hCG boosters in FET
2011 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
The staff and nurses [Braverman- Manhattan] are absolutely amazing. So full of compassion and knowledge, they not only guided us through each cycle always available to answer all my questions but they also were our strength and lifeline of hope... he [Dr. Braverman] personally did everyone one of my untrasounds, called me after each beta to discuss the results, gave me my protocol and was there for me via phone, email or text.
Latino, Other
Dr Braverman saw me personally at ever visit, monitoring, ultra sound and called me personally with every result to discuss. He always took as much time as I needed answering every question I had and never once dismissing any of my concerns or fears. You may have to wait for your appointment but that is because he treats each of his patients like they r a part of his family and always gives as much of his time that is needed. I have cried on this mans shoulders so many times and he always gave me his time, compassion and honest empathy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Sandra and Linda )
The staff and nurses are absolutely amazing. So full of compassion and knowledge, they not only guided us through each cycle always available to answer all my questions but they also were our strength and lifeline of hope especially when I Thomas gut all hope was gone. They would take over and tell me that they r not giving up on hope for me. I've cry tears of joy and sadness in their arms.
First of all, I love this doctor. He is so honest, full of compassion and truely does what he does because he wants to help people. I reached out to him in the middle of the night via his website after my 6th miscarriage with another clinic. I depleted hopeless and was referred to him by a few moms who had immune related fertility issues. I described what my journey had been this far and what I had experienced. Well I was shocked the next day when he personally called me to discussed what I had written him and said he thought he could help me as he felt my issues were immune related and not just "diminished ovarian reserve" which I was told every time I miscarried with my previous clinic (6 in total). Well he was right and I did have immune issues. And thank god for him or I would never have carried a baby to term if they weren't treated. I have two amazing children because of his labor of love. he personally did everyone one of my untrasounds, called me after each beta to discuss the results, gave me my protocol and was there for me via phone, email or text. Even after he released me to my obgyn, he still answered questions and concerns I had with each pregnancy. I just didn't trust anyone except him because I knew I matter to him and was just not a number or a paycheck. While it could take him a while to get back to me it was only due to the fact that he gave every patient the attention they needed and never rushed. and his honestly and directness is admirable. He's not doing this for the money. He's doing this because he truely cares and is passionate about what he doing in this very special field of medicine. His endless research in reproductive immunology is an example as he's always expanding his knowledge and that of others. He is the expert and if u think u have any immune related issues, he's the only one to go to. He will tell u the truth and if he can or can't help you, and if their is any doubt in his mind, he will do the due diligence to research options or information so you have a clear understanding of where u stand. I could keep going as I can't say enough about it!!!! My husband and I will always be so grateful to him. He restored our hope then gave us our children.
Be patient, you may have to wait for your appt, call or email with him but that is because he is giving another patient the attention they need and when it's your turn, he will do the same for you! Do not be afraid to ask him questions and advice, he wants to help and he's there for you. He truely wants each of his patients to be moms and will do all in his power to try to make it happen.
While I would love to answer this question with detail, it would take more then this space allows to truely give you an understanding of my protocols. I will say he treated me for elevated NK cells and MTHFR as well as endometriosis. All which my first clinic didn't test for as they didn't believe in reproductive immunology. However, they didn't get me pregnant after 6 tries and he did within 2. Hmmm something tells me he knows what he's doing.
2010 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
2010 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Everything was done over Skype and email as I live in South Africa so I can't really comment.
I felt like a human as Dr. Braverman gave me hope when no other doctor had any answers for me other than unexplained infertility and to try a surrogate. Dr Braverman took my call immediately when I made my very first desperate call to him all the way from South Africa. I had already spent a substantial amount of money with another clinic in the USA who specialised in immunological infertility and they said there's nothing further they can do for me. When I spoke with Dr. Braverman he said I still have options and he can help me. So although I have not met with him in NY he has worked with my doctors in South Africa and managed my protocol over email, Skype and telephonically. He answered every single email and call of mine personally. He was always available to me when I needed him even if it was just for reassurance during my pregnancy. Even though I am in South Africa, Dr. Braverman managed my protocol from NY and it was perfect. I felt as though he held my hand every step of the way. Dr. Braverman is so much more than a doctor he's a caring and compassionate person that does what he does because it's his passion. I've had the privilege of meeting him in person in South Africa and he is every bit as amazing in person as he is over email and Skype.
I didn't attend the clinic all my consultations were done over Skype or email. so I didn't have contact with the nursing staff. All my communication was done with Dr. Braverman
When every doctor was out of answers and everyone I knew was telling me to give up and try a surrogate Dr. Braverman was there to say he had a few more options we can still try. In his words my case has been one of the most difficult in his experience and here I sit today with 2 beautiful healthy children. If a friend of mine had not found Dr. Braverman's website and given me the details I would not have the family I have today. Dr. Braverman worked with my doctors in South Africa to advise them on the best protocol for my immune related infertility. It was not necessary for me to travel to NY or to send blood to the USA as I had previously done. By the time I called Dr. Braverman we had been trying to conceive for 8 years and in this time we had done 3 cycles of Clomid, 3 AI's and 16 IVF's including frozen transfers and I had, had 4 bio chemical pregnancies. I was pregnant with my baby girl by my 2nd cycle of treatment with Dr. Braverman. We tried Neupogen and it worked the first time we tried it! When it came to trying to conceive my 2nd child my circumstances has changed completely. Due to complications during my last IVF procedure I lost both my ovaries so was in surgical menopause and still Dr. Braverman never gave up on me. He was right there again just as he was before to guide me and my doctors in South Africa each and every step of the way. Today I have 2 healthy happy miracle children. I give thanks daily to Dr. Braverman for going the extra mile for me and thinking out of the box and to my Drs in South Africa that were willing to work with Dr. Braverman to help my dream to become a reality. I feel it's such a privilege for anyone going through infertility to be in NY and be able to be treated by Dr. Braverman personally. Having said that it made no difference to my treatment that I was in South Africa. It was as though Dr. Braverman was right here with me.
I believe you are in the best hand possible with Dr. Braverman. Distance makes no difference to your treatment protocol. So if you're in another country don't let that stop you from making the call to Dr. Braverman. He can help you and if he can't he will tell you but you can be assured he will leave no rock unturned.
The first time we used Neupogen was the first time I was able to fall pregnant and stay pregnant with my baby girl. The same thing with my next pregnancy. Dr. Braverman suggested HCG injections to thicken and improve the structure of my uterine lining. This worked perfectly and once we got my uterine lining looking how it was supposed look we used neupogen again and I conceived by miracle boy. We also used Clexane, Intralipids and injectable oestrogen.
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
There were some bumps in the road when I first started. But, Braverman is a genius and fully responsible for treating my immune issues and helping me finally carry baby boy to term. Other clinics are completely out of date with their understanding (or lack thereof) of immunology. Overall, I had a wonderful experience wit Braverman and am going back when I plan to start trying for a second. I highly highly recommend. One other thing that I was not prompted to comment on was the experience of my transfer. Although, I guess this would have been appropriate in the why I felt treated like a human section. My actual transfer experience with Dr. Braverman far surpassed my experience at NYU. This was at Braverman's 23rd st clinic (I believe he has a new clinic now) so it was not at nice looking as NYU's facility but it was just SO much more humane..
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
I will not mark anything bad about Dr. Braverman, he is not perfect. At first his office seemed a little sloppy to me. And sometimes I do not understand his sense of humor. BUT, Dr. Braverman is a genius and a pioneer in the field of reproductive immunology. I follow other patients and am in online communities and can see he really is the doctor to go to for reproductive immunology. He made me feel like a human compared to other fertility clinics because other REs told me that reproductive immunology was nonsense. But, it was clear that it was what I needed to hold a pregnancy to term. What he does is beyond an IVF factory line and he has developed tests that help diagnose an individuals immune issues. Even compared to other Reproductive Immunology doctors his test are just so much more thorough and his treatment is individualized for each patient. The other doctor who treated my immune issues (without success) appeared to give everyone the same protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Sandra and Linda)
Again, they were not perfect. But, they were amazing when it counted. Absolutely compassionate and have been doing this for a very long time.
Again, there were some bumps in the road at this clinic. But, since he was the only doctor who was able to acknowledge and treat my immune issues so that I was able to keep a pregnancy -- I was miscarrying genetically normal embryos at NYU -- he will only get great grades from me. Anyone who is struggling with unexplained high FSH, endometriosis or RPL MUST go to him.
The immune drugs are brutal - be prepared. Not for the weak. But, if you want a baby he is your best bet. This is where many people go when they do not have any other options and have lost many babies and a lot of those people get their miracles from him. Hopefully, more people start with him first and save themselves money and heartache. If only I started with him....
I transferred my last PGD normal embryo from NYU (a clinic that will get a negative review from me) to Braverman's lab for a frozen transfer. I used Dr. Braverman’s immune protocol as prescribed (except protocol was changed bc IVIG was not covered by my insurance) and went to an acupuncturist, Angela Le, who helped me with diet and supplements. 2.5 mg of Letrozole at bedtime for 5 days starting 12 days before 5 day transfer (this is for endometriosis and implantation, I believe). 40mg 2X a day of Lovenox starting about 15 days before 5 day transfer (for implantation and because women w immune issues are prone to thrombophelia) – I switched to 40 mg once a day when I had a bad bleed at 18 weeks and continued this dose through 36 weeks of pregnancy when I was switched to heparin. Baby Asprin one pill a day but stopped after I had a bad bleed at 18 weeks.. 40mg of prednisone (I started this end of Jan/2014 and my transfer wasn't until 4/12/14. Bc I had to take it for 2 weeks an then wait 2 weeks for the blood test to come back to make sure it was working and then wait for me to get my period and then suppress the cycle -–[ I took BCP for a while and then Lupron for cycle suppression]. I had some bad side effects at 40 mg of prednisone so at 9 weeks pregnant he dropped me to 20 mg. He would have preferred me to stay on 40mg but he had to balance my health with the baby's) Intralipids every other week starting about 2 weeks before transfer. .4 cc of Delestrogen 2 times (Tues evening and Friday evening) a week injected in bum from 15 days before transfer until 12 weeks pregnant (although he let me stop at 10 weeks). 2 ml progesterone injected nightly in the bum nightly starting 5 days before 5 day transfer. Estrogen and progesterone (E2 V2 with P4 2/100) suppositories - not sure when I started these but I think the day of transfer. He also had me take some doxycycline before the transfer but cannot remember exact days. Finally, he also had me use and some sort of antibiotic vaginal suppository as well before transfer. All my other transfers either failed to implant or resulted in miscarraiges. It's clear Braverman's immune treatment is what helped me have a very healthy baby boy delivered at 41.5 weeks.
I think it was about $16,000 for the transfer and immune testing and monitoring through week 12 of my pregnancy. I have gotten about $3000 back from Reprosource which is a lab he uses after my insurance paid them more than expected.
2004 - 2011
12 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
[Nursing] was excellent. They followed protocol and all the procedures Dr Braverman had put in place. I remember having a problem and needing help with a medication and Sandra walked me through the whole time. Patiently and professionally. They were positive. Knew how to handle everything with caring manner.
2004 - 2011
12 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
I loved the new office. It had all the modern technologies. At the time Dr Braverman did it all. He specializes now in Infertility. Anyone I talk to who struggles with infertility I talk to about my experience. I always recommend Dr Braverman. In the past 11 years since the birth of my babies I have recommended dozens of people. Who have had success stories.(My family, friends coworkers and strangers.)
He personally care for me and my case. He helped me get over a miscarriage and gave me the courage to go on. He was positive and explained all our options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Braverman Reproductive Immunology. (Assigned nurse: Sandra Ramaladi )
It was excellent. They followed protocol and all the procedures Dr Braverman had put in place. I remember having a problem and needing help with a medication and Sandra walked me through the whole time. Patiently and professionally. They were positive. Knew how to handle everything with caring manner.
As a patient of his he was knowledgeable, caring , confident, honest, and to the point. I was trying for 3 years at the point When I saw him. I had a horrible miscarriage. He got me through this. Diagnosed me with PCOS. He explained what he was doing every step of the way. We did IVF. I got pregnant with my twins. He also treated me all the way through my high risk pregnancy. I went into labor early. I was hospitalized on bed rest for months. He helped me have two beautiful healthy babies. I gave birth at 37 weeks. They were perfect, born healthy and no time in the NICU.
He is the best at what he does. He will find the problem and helps as best as he can to help you get pregnant.
I came to Dr Braverman after 3 years of unsuccessful infertility treatments. Before I saw him I did 19 artificial inseminations, medications, and one failed IVF. ( so many artificial insemiations because they said I was so young). I quit my infertility routine but still kept track of my self. Got pregnant on my own. But ended up with another miscarriage. I went to see Dr Braverman. With one consultation I believed whole heartedly he had my best interests at hand. He knew our struggles and wanted to provide the best care he could. I had to heal. We started on IVF. I went in, my egg production wasn't so great. Only producing 4 eggs those resulted in only two embryos. Had a two day transfer. It was unsuccessful. But Dr Braverman and his staff never let me give up. We did a couple of IUI. In the time to no miss a beat. I had to wait a couple of months to save up because my insurance didn't cover any infertility treatments especially IVF. We started treatment in January the new year brought new hope for my husband and I. We went had 9 eggs retrieved resulting in 6 embryos. Studied and very knowledgeable now we opted to wait the 5 days and wanted 4 embryos transferred. This was our request. Drove through a snow storm 18inches to be exact. Had our transfer. Followed up. Waited an agnonzing 2 weeks to find out we were FINALLY having a baby. Dr Braverman took good care of me. A couple of weeks into my pregnancy it was tough. We had a lot of bleeding and since having 3 miscarriages was always on edge. But on a ultrasound which I was carefully monitored every 2 weeks, we heard not one heartbeat but 2. TWINS. I couldn't even believe it. We were happy knowing it was one to find out two we we're overjoyed. Still some complications. I ended up Going into labor after my 20 Week sonogram. I was hopitalized till 37 weeks. Closely monitored by Dr Braverman in the hospital. ( just a side note as I was hospitalized every chance Dr Braverman got to be at the hospital he came to check on me. He was still doing OB too. And he was a very popular Dr. He always took the time to check in to see how I was and how my spirts were.) At 37 weeks and 1 day I gave birth to a healthy set of boy/girl twins. My son was 5lbs 9oz and my daughter was 4lbs 12oz. They didn't have to be in the NICU and came home with me. He helped me through the whole process with an end result of TWO healthy beautiful babies. I owe it all to him and his care.
It was all out of pocket. My insurance didn't cover any of the cost. But knowing we had to go this route I would have paid anything. I thought his practice was fair with pricing.
2011
I remember the day like yesterday that he [Dr. Jeffrey Braverman] told me I was having triplets. My husband and I were never so happy. He was so happy for us as well. At this point he transferred me to an specialist, but insisted to call him if we had an issues or problems. Which I did. I would call him anytime and received a call back within a few minutes or within the hour. If I wanted more children I would ONLY go to Dr Braverman. He is amazing and trustworthy. I couldn't thank him anymore for all he did for us. I would recommend everybody to go see him and you won't be disappointed.
2011
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The office was clean, nice and I always felt comfortable to be there. I felt positive about everything.
He treated more like a friend then a patient. We had a good understanding on what I wanted and was made me feel comfortable that we would succeed.
The nursing staff knew my husband and I as soon as we walked in. I never had to wait. They were so thoughtful and caring all the time.
I call Dr Braverman my miracle doctor. I went to other facilities and didn't get pregnant once. On the first try with a IUI with injections I got pregnant with triplets. He discussed previously to my insemination that it was a risk of multiples and I didn't care. I wanted to proceed, because I wanted a baby so bad. I remember the day like yesterday that he told me I was having triplets. My husband and I were never so happy. He was so happy for us as well. At this point he transferred me to an specialist, but insisted to call him if we had an issues or problems. Which I did. I would call him anytime and received a call back within a few minutes or within the hour. If I wanted more children I would ONLY go to Dr Braverman. He is amazing and trustworthy. I couldn't thank him anymore for all he did for us. I would recommend everybody to go see him and you won't be disappointed.
Trust him. He has a true gift and knows what he is talking about.
I went through one cycle with Dr Braverman and got pregnant with my miracle babies. I'm so blessed.
At the time Dr Braverman took my insurance and I didn't have to pay many fees.
Braverman Reproductive Immunology
Dr. Braverman is not covered under most insurances and the initial cost to be registered as a patient is $3000. I also had to pay an additional $1500 for the initial bloodwork....This practice does not have their own facilities for IVF, they use an outside clinic in NYC. Because of that they do not have any official IVF results at the SART website....The nurses and the staff were very good....they have not been vetted by an outside organization
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
This practice does not have their own facilities for IVF, they use an outside clinic in NYC. Because of that they do not have any official IVF results at the SART website. The success rates they show you are internal and they have not been vetted by an outside organization which makes their numbers questionable.
Dr. Braverman made us wait about one hour in our first appointment. He also had me wait about 45 for the IUI. Considering that timing is important, i found that completely unprofessional.
The nurses and the staff were very good.
Dr. Braverman is an expert in reproductive immunology. The problem is that personally he did not treat me with respect. In our first appointment he had us wait for an hour and when we met he seemed to be inconvenienced when we asked him more details about treatments. Also he had me wait about 45 min for an IUI, which is completely unacceptable since the IUI has a very exact timing.
Do not go.
He does an immunological panel and depending on the results he might put you on Prednisone,intralipids, Lovenox, etc. My IUI cycle with him did not work.
Dr. Braverman is not covered under most insurances and the initial cost to be registered as a patient is $3000. I also had to pay an additional $1500 for the initial bloodwork. The IUI was covered by my insurance.
I did not do an IVF with him
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
They [Braverman Reproductive Immunology] are extremely efficient and great at coordinating your care plan...Only strengths, no weaknesses. Patients should be aware that treatment with Dr Braverman is expensive but in my eyes worth every penny...Management is $3000, tests approx $1500...strategies and protocols to balance my immune system using a combination of clexane, neupogen, letrozole, intralipids,endometriosis removal and supplements.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Only strengths, no weaknesses. Patients should be aware that treatment with Dr Braverman is expensive but in my eyes worth every penny. We would have wasted thousands (and had no child) had we done treatment without his expertise.
Dr Braverman has never made me feel like a number. He takes my queries seriously and is compassionate. I have not met any other doctor that behaves in such a truly dedicated manner.
They are extremely efficient and great at coordinating your care plan.
Dr Braverman is an outstanding doctor. My daughter would not be here if it wasn't for him. He always explains potential issues in a way I can understand and I have never felt rushed or belittled. The time he makes for his patients is phenomonal. Including his amazing forum on his website for those not even registered with him. He is a leader in his field and he would be the only doctor I would ever recommend for complicated infertility/recurrent loss.
Ask questions. It helps your understanding of such a complex area. Trust him. He ABSOLUTELY knows what he's doing and he won't let you down.
strategies and protocols to balance my immune system using a combination of clexane, neupogen, letrozole, intralipids,endometriosis removal and supplements. The result was our beautiful daughter.
Management is $3000, tests approx $1500
He tailors for each individual.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological
He [Dr. Jeffrey Braverman] understood my loss and he also took the proper steps to make sure he gave me the right treatments and was always very responsive and always addressed any concerns we had. He did exactly what he said he would and within 6 months of walking through his door I was successfully pregnant!...They were in line with any other fertility treatment office. Our big costs were medications.
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
It is small and personal. I liked that as pregnancy loss and infertility is a very personal issue. Many questions can be answered by email which I liked a lot.
He understood my loss and he also took the proper steps to make sure he gave me the right treatments and was always very responsive and always addressed any concerns we had. He did exactly what he said he would and within 6 months of walking through his door I was successfully pregnant!
They work together as a team. They were very responsive and helpful. I left feeling like they were family.
I cannot say enough good about Dr. Braverman! I firmly believe we would not have our son today if we hadn't gone to him. He is an excellent doctor and I will absolutely use him again in the future! Don't waste your time with other doctors. In just over a year after walking into his office, I am holding my son in my arms! We are forever grateful for him!
Go to him. Listen to him, and do what he recommends! I drove 5 hours for every appointment I had to see him (I live far away). I would do it again!
Dr. Braverman used a series of medications to support my pregnancy. Some of the medications were just through the first trimester, and some lasted until 6 weeks post baby. I followed his protocol and never deviated. The result, a perfect healthy baby boy delivered full term with no complications.
Endometriosis, Immunological
Everyone [at Braverman - Woodbury] was very responsive since I wS an out of state patient most correspondence was done on phone & email. Only visited office 1 time, nurse was very helpful and compassionate. They made a mistake sending out supplements but corrected it asap...Insurance is not accepted for blood work or office visits. Blood work was $3000 office visit $900 Reading of blood work every 2 weeks was extra charge..
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Everyone was very responsive since I wS an out of state patient most correspondence was done on phone & email. Only visited office 1 time, nurse was very helpful and compassionate. They made a mistake sending out supplements but corrected it asap.
He has a great bed side manner and never made me feel it was impossible. Was encouraging and always available to Asher questions & concerns.
What specific things went wrong at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
Dr Braverman has been the most knowledgeable doctor I have seen in my 5 yrs of infertility treatments. Discovered a blood disorder (APA) and placed me on supplements to Aid in this. After 3 months on the supplements I got pregnant naturally after all other treatments in my 5 yrs with other drs not being successful
Do the immune panel asap! No other dr will look into immune tests like him. It's worth every penny!
He placed me on specific supplements after having the immune panel to aid in my issues. After only 3 months on the supplements I got pregnant naturally and carried to full term a healthy baby ! :))
2013 - 2015
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr B [Braverman] doesn't do the retrieval and transfers himself. I was nervous about this at first but loved Dr Vidali! He's so kind and gentle..[The nurses] are so helpful, always answered my emails and calls and very kind!...He's wonderful, always explained everything and he's the only doctor to think outside the box and prescribe different medications that allowed me to get pregnant with every transfer I had with him!
2013 - 2015
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
Dr B doesn't do the retrieval and transfers himself. I was nervous about this at first but loved Dr Vidali! He's so kind and gentle
They are so helpful, always answered my emails and calls and very kind!
He's amazing and made me confident that I would take home a baby despite 2 failed previous transfers. I did take home a baby on my first cycle with him. I had two chemical pregnancies following that pregnancy, but thanks to his immune panel, he discovered I needed to add prednisone for inflammation and I got pregnant on the next cycle i had after adding the prednisone!
Listen to Dr Braverman and take all medicine as directed. He thinks outside the box but this will get you pregnant!
He treated me with neupogen, lovenox, Metformin and steroids - when other clinics didn't even consider those drugs. My husband and I were under 35 and healthy, but the other clinics weren't working so we gave Dr b a try and got a baby! First try!
Insurance covered my costs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
I was treated individually by the doctor [Dr. Jeffrey Braverman] and staff [at Braverman Reproductive Immunology]. Some patients don't have this experience as the staff can be disorganized and busy and Dr. B can come across as though he thinks patients will never understand his work so explanations can be rushed. I took an active role and he responded very well and answered my many questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
My two nurses were both great communicators and kind.
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 8 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr Braverman [of Braverman Reproductive Immunology] is extremely intelligent and gifted. He delivers quality reliable care for people like myself who have previously undefinied challenges. He seeks the underlying cause of your infertility instead of just using a trial and error approach. He is well worth the investment
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 8 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr Braverman is very professional and knowledgeable. He always knew my case/situation versus having to remind him of my specific situation.
They were very responsive.
Dr Braverman is extremely intelligent and gifted. He delivers quality reliable care for people like myself who have previously undefinied challenges. He seeks the underlying cause of your infertility instead of just using a trial and error approach. He is well worth the investment and I will be forever thankful for him when I look into the eyes of my daughter!
Do what he says to do! He knows his stuff! I was reluctant on more than one occasion during treatment because it was so different than my prior dr. I had to keep reminding myself that my prior treatment did not get me where I wanted to be. I did 100% what Dr braverman told me to do and I was successful on my my first cycle with him.
Very complicated! I could not begin to remeber the specifics....
I was out of town so I monitored locally for most of the cycle.
2011 - 2012
[Braverman Reproductive] Can be extremely busy and disorganized. Office staff can be abrupt. Long hold times, expect it and you'll be less frustrated. Be persistent...I worked with the clinic entirely over the phone. They were willing to expedite the shipments of Neupogen, work with my insurance and answer my questions via phone and email. Sometimes busy/disorganized, but ultimately came through when it was important.
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
He listened to my story with empathy, gave hope, outlined the plan in detail and answered questions to my satisfaction.
He's a pioneer in immunological rpl. He's funny, sensitive, thorough, detail oriented, and creative. He's also extremely busy and can be a bit scattered...I think mainly because his brain is just always so occupied. But he brought me my son after 5 miscarriages(1 in the 2nd tri, 2 with excellent ultrasounds, genetic profiles, heartbeats.)
Be persistent. It's a busy clinic and he's busy. Follow up, advocate for yourself. But trust that he can do what he says he can.
Neopogen injections due to 5 HLA matches between partner and I, prednisone--elevated TNF in 8th week of pregnancy, Lovenox/heparin injections, Crinone bio gel.
Roughly $6k for consults, meds, and cycle fees.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Braverman gave me chance when other doctors gave up or suggested I have a surrogate. He realized I had immune issues and dealt with them right away (through blood work, medications, etc). He was always available through email or phone whenever I had a question. Granted it's an expensive course of treatment but we have our miracle baby and I would do it all over again. I don't know any other doctors that are doing what he does.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Braverman Reproductive Immunology.
The drive was far from NJ, but completely worth it!
Dr Braverman is a fantastic doctor. He sees and talks to so many patients and I always felt like he had all the time in the world for me.
Dr Braverman's team is amazing!
I wish I would have found Dr Braverman immediately during my infertility journey. I wasted so much time and money with other doctors.
I have immune issues so I was put on 60 mg of prednisone, neupogen, lovenox, etc.
Due to my immune issues (all the medication I had to take) and my age Dr Braverman suggested we transfer all 4 embroyos at the same time. He froze all my embryos on Day 2
2013
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [the nursing staff] treated me like I was a friend or daughter. He [Dr. Braverman] was knowledgable but did a fantastic job of explaining his process. He admitted that many medical professionals did not agree with his style or approach and let us know that he was ok with that.
2013
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He was incredibly thoughtful and empathized with our situation as he went through his own fertility issues with his wife. He was knowledgable but did a fantastic job of explaining his process. He admitted that many medical professionals did not agree with his style or approach and let us know that he was ok with that. He made us comfortable, so we trusted him.
They treated me like I was a friend or daughter. I remember sitting in the waiting room, 10 weeks pregnant and went to the bathroom and noticed that I was spotting. I immediately panicked and found one of he nurses (Lisa) who sat with me and reassured me that she felt like I was ok. This was totally normal in a "normal pregnancy" everything ended up being fine, but I will never forget her sitting with me and rushing me back so I didn't have to sit there and wait longer.
Incredibly diligent and knowledgable
Embrace his process. He knows what he is doing.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Very small staff, but efficient. He [Dr. Braverman] gets back to me within minutes and he really cares about his patients... He knows everything about repeat miscarriage and finally got me pregnant - my fifth pregnancy but first to go to the end!
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He is interested in every aspect of my fertility, even after I moved on to a regular ob/gyn at 12-16 weeks.
Very small staff, but efficient
What specific things went wrong at Braverman Reproductive Immunology?
Dr. Braverman is not only knowledgeable but amazingly involved. He gets back to me within minutes and he really cares about his patients. I once saw him near tears, almost, with a patient that failed. He knows everything about repeat miscarriage and finally got me pregnant - my fifth pregnancy but first to go to the end!
Pay the high fee, it's worth it!