75 Francis Street
Stratham
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ashby is as knowledgeable as they come and it shows in her delivery. She is kind and patient, has good bedside manner and is caring but she is also direct and to the point and doesn't sugarcoat things but she is flexible and listens to the concerns of the patient....2 round of IUI on clomid, meds for retrieval were minimal with desired results, mock transfer to measure placement. Retrieval and fertilization without ICSI for first round. We did PGS so froze embroys after Day 6.
Some of the nurses here [at Brigham & Women's Hospital] are wonderful!... My biggest issue with this clinic is communication. It is very hard to get in touch with them, you speak with a different nurse most times and there is no portal so the only way to get in touch with them is to leave a message and wait for them to call you back which can take hours and sometimes days. In person however they are generally on time and very kind.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Come ready with questions, be open and honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby is very invested in her patients care and takes the time to get to know you and your partner
Describe the protocols Rachel Ashby used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Some of the nurses here are wonderful! Grace is incredible, Carole is lovely and the ultrasound techs are all great. A few of them were a little rough around the edges and some felt like they don't know what they are talking about or have to ask other nurses to give you an answer. My biggest issue with this clinic is communication. It is very hard to get in touch with them, you speak with a different nurse most times and there is no portal so the only way to get in touch with them is to leave a message and wait for them to call you back which can take hours and sometimes days. In person however they are generally on time and very kind.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Communication is a big weakness. It's also a hospital clinic so you have to pay to park every time you go. Pros are they are incredibly knowledgeable, mostly very kind and caring, on time and Dr. Ashby is highly educated and successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance covered 90% for us. IUI was $300 range and IVF retrieval and testing was $875. Meds were $2,500 before deductible for retrieval
Describe Rachel Ashby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Dr. Ashby is a big proponent of single ET vs multiple. I would not suggest Dr. Ashby if you're looking to implant multiples
Treated 2015 - 2017
I really like Dr. Fox personally and she was very candid on the statistics for success as well as other options. She won't actively put herself in our position and say what "she" would do which I sometimes want her to do, I understand these are very personal decisions and she tries to give us all of the information we need to make the decisions. She is very sensitive to our individual situation and it feels like she is personally committed to us becoming pregnant and having a successful pregnancy.
Nothing runs on time and it's very difficult to get someone to pick up a phone [at Brigham & Women's Hospital]. You often are on hold for a while or &gt; 5 hours (or a day) will pass before a returned call. "Customer service" is lacking but the medical care is great. The receptionists are very nice and act like they remember me, which is well received.... I have had a few instances where the nurse hasn't called with results and I have had to reach out hours after I have seen the results posted to the hositpal website. It's not always clear what procedure you are expected to follow for the bloodwork and u/s, especially the first time. Overall, the clinic lacks customer service. It definitely runs like a hospital not like a for profit enterprise holding your hand every step of the way.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She doesn't sugar coat but she's very smart and experienced. She'll answer anything you ask, just make sure you ask! It's sometimes hard to get a hold of her outside of normal appointments and she often runs behind so our appointments didn't run on time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She is very personable and we were able to establish a personal connection quickly. While she states the facts (which are hard to hear), she acknowledges that it's a hard message and I feel like she feels bad when we don't have a successful outcome even though our chances are low.
Describe the protocols Janis Fox used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I did 2 patch protocol cycles and 1 micro dose Lipton cycle. I am currently doing my 3rd patch protocol. In both protocols, I was on the highest dose of medication (4 menopur in the morning) and 300 of final-f in the evening. This was because my test results showed a diminished ovarian reserve. The first cycle we had 7 follicles, 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized and all transferred. The 2nd cycle we had 7 eggs retrieved 2 fertilized and both transferred. The 3rd cycle took much longer for stimulation (30 days Vs 12-14 for the first two) and resulted in 3 eggs, 1 fertilized and 1 transferred. All were a negative result. This current cycle Dr Fox and team decided to give us one last chance on the patch protocol since my stimulation was materially better. We are self-pay and while a significant burden we were willing to spend the money on a 4 th cycle before deciding potentially to do egg donation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Sandy Vance mainly and many others)
It's sometimes hard to get in touch with the team which can be frustrating. As I have been interacting with the nursing team for a while now, I know each of the personalities better. They are all very compassionate and try to share in your excitement or sadness.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Nothing runs on time and it's very difficult to get someone to pick up a phone. You often are on hold for a while or &gt; 5 hours (or a day) will pass before a returned call. "Customer service" is lacking but the medical care is great. The receptionists are very nice and act like they remember me, which is well received.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
11k
Treated 2017
Investor
Brigham was usually fairly timely calling with changes to medicine, but after my retrieval, I never got a call about day 3 or day 5 embryos and then how many were sent for PGS...I loved Barbara! Brigham is incredibly busy but Barbara always took the time to answer all of my questions. I did find that if Barbara was out or if treatment occurred over a weekend, the covering nurse was often not as familiar with my case.
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I first saw Dr. Hornstein at the recommendation of a good friend who had seen him for years to manage her endometriosis. I had previously been seen by his partner, but I wanted a doctor who could do both the surgery for the endometriosis and oversee fertility treatments. Dr. Hornstein was very thorough with our initial work up and let us take our time before going to IVF. Dr. Hornstein presented all of the option and let us decide. We wanted to do PGS testing and even though Brigham doesn't recommend it, Dr. Hornstein was understanding.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Hornstein is incredibly busy and a lot of your care will be done by the nurses/fellows/other REs. If something urgent came up, Dr. Hornstein would call.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Hornstein is incredibly busy but he always took the time to answer our questions and we had a lot! He holds one late night clinic each week and we were the last patient that day. He stayed with us for over an hour until 10 pm to make sure we had all of our questions answered and could develop a treatment plan for an IVF cycle.
Describe the protocols Mark Hornstein used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
4 cycles of clomid - 3 IUIs (one was cancelled) Agonist protocol that was a freeze-all cycle for PGS and to prevent OHSS. Relatively low doses of stims (Follistim - 112.5) and Cetrocide. I used a dual Lupron and HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Barbara)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Brigham is incredibly large and busy and if you want a personalized, hand-holding approach, Brigham is not the place to go. All of your ultrasounds are done by techs and you wait for the nurse to call with orders to adjust for the next day. Also, your doctor is often not the one who is available for your retrieval and transfer so you must be comfortable with a group practice and residents. One interesting thing to note is that OB admitting is at the front of the hospital and you will walk through that on your way to the clinic or for ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Monitoring hours during the week were from 6:45-7:45 and by appointment on the weekends. Even when it was crowded, they moved fairly quickly. The results of the bloodwork were available on Patient Gateway within a few hours and you would usually get a phone call that afternoon from the nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
In Massachusetts, most fertility treatments are covered by insurance with co-pays. We did pay out of pocket for a few elective things - freezing samples, ICSI and PGS but all told it was under $10k.
Mark Hornstein

Treated 2014 - 2017
[Dr. Ginsburg is] good but all business...but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage...Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things...I had no reason for not conceiving other than my age. So she chose protocols to match my diminished ovarian reserve. When the first cycle resulted in all negative test results, she changed it up for next time. She acted surprised each time I didn’t get pregnant because my embryos looked so good.
I had a paper [from Brigham & Women's Hospital] that said I was doing one protocol, then they called me with instructions that were totally different from what the paper said. It was very confusing. Turns out my protocol had changed...I think they have a great secretary Michelle who keeps things organized and running smoothly. Also the girl who does all of the submitting to insurance knows what she’s doing and was very helpful. Sometimes I had an ultrasound appointment first thing in the morning and the tech wasn’t in yet. So that could be improved.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It’s hard for me to separate my feelings for her from the frustration I felt during the whole process. Sometimes I was angry with her but other times I thought she was knowledgeable. One time my protocol had changed but I still had the instruction sheet from the original protocol. Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She’s good but all business.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was definitely all business, but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Ginsburg used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Nancy was the sweetest most compassionate nurse. I loved her. Also Joanie for my blood draws was great.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Didn’t have insurance for the consult, so we had to pay that out of pocket. I forget what it was. $500-$750 maybe? After that it was all about meeting my insurance deductible and huge copays for the medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I had a paper that said I was doing one protocol, then they called me with instructions that were totally different from what the paper said. It was very confusing. Turns out my protocol had changed.
Elizabeth Ginsburg
South Shore

Treated 2016
I did not receive an infertility diagnosis that was complex in any way -- Dr. Isaacson told me that likely I was just not ovulating. As a result, my treatment was simple (prescribed Clomid) and as I got pregnant after the second cycle, I only ever saw Dr. Isaacson once during the initial visit. I saw the nurse practitioner much more frequently (and I will say I very much liked her). So unless you have some more complex things going on and require more advanced treatment, don't expect to interface with Dr. Isaacson that much.
Overall, I can attest that this clinic [Brigham and Womens at Newton-Wellesley] does a fabulous job at fast-tracking your route to pregnancy, customizing the strategy to you and your individual circumstances, physically and financially...As time went on and I visited the office more frequently, I will say the nurses and staff were incredibly personable. My 8-week pregnancy ultrasound was an incredibly warm-feeling experience, with the ultrasound tech, nurse practitioner, and a medical student very attentive and invested. When we discovered a second baby in the ultrasound, I asked if they could bring in my mother-in-law and son from the waiting room, and they happily obliged.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Isaacson seems like a very straight shooter and very experienced in the fertility world. I get the sense he has seen a great array of patients and has gained some wisdom re: what is the best course of action per each patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I felt like a human in that during the initial visit, each person on the doctor's team, including himself, was very polite with me, reassuring, thoroughly explained the medications and procedures. Simultaneously, I felt like a number in that the intake nurse really didn't care to know about my prior acupuncture treatment or lifestyle changes. The clinic also, although being a well-oiled and perhaps efficient machine, divvies up so many parts of the process that in the initial intake appointment, you end up seeing 5 individual professionals, making you feel like you are in a factory. As time went on and I visited the office more frequently, I will say the nurses and staff were incredibly personable. My 8-week pregnancy ultrasound was an incredibly warm-feeling experience, with the ultrasound tech, nurse practitioner, and a medical student very attentive and invested. When we discovered a second baby in the ultrasound, I asked if they could bring in my mother-in-law and son from the waiting room, and they happily obliged.
Describe the protocols Keith Isaacson used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I was prescribed Clomid with a plan of trying it for 4 cycles given my previous successful (naturally conceived) pregnancy, age, symptoms etc. I very much appreciated the practice's respect for my limited insurance coverage, and that also informed our course of action -- not starting out with too many potentially unnecessary procedures, but being willing to do those if time proved it necessary. One of the procedures we were going to wait on was the HSG procedure that makes sure there is no tubal blockage. I ended up requesting this procedure after the first round of Clomid failed just for my own peace of mind, even though the clinic did not urge me to have this done early on. They performed the procedure at my request, and my tubes showed to be open. There is anecdotal evidence that the procedure can sometimes prove to be therapeutic and the fluid pushing through the tubes may open small blockages. I don't know for sure whether or not this was the case for me, or if I just needed to try Clomid for one more cycle, but I got pregnant with twins after taking my second round of Clomid. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have been discharged from the clinic to my regular OBGYN. I will say that twins do not run in my family, and I am positive the Clomid stimulated my ovaries such that they produced two eggs. I am incredibly excited to have twins, although people who are wary of twins for either financial or physical reasons should know that Clomid does slightly increase your chances of conceiving multiples. On Clomid, I had painful cramps and bloating during ovulation, and I took this as a sign that it affected me perhaps more than most people, overstimulating my ovaries. Again, my outcome was an incredibly happy one for my family -- but I realize multiples might not be ideal for everyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: NP Jennie Mastroianni)
I really loved the nurse practitioner, Jennie. She, along with the friendly, sweet nurses who always made sure to give my son (who accompanied me to many blood draws) plentiful stickers and attention, made my experience at the clinic very warm.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Overall, I can attest that this clinic does a fabulous job at fast-tracking your route to pregnancy, customizing the strategy to you and your individual circumstances, physically and financially.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance covered the majority of our care costs. Probably my biggest expense was my copayment for the HSG procedure, which I requested out of personal interest v. recommendation.
Keith Isaacson
Newton
Treated 2014 - 2016
At the first appointment, me and my husband knew we were in great hands....Dr. Ashby gets right to the point, but does it with compassion....She is direct and knowledgeable, and gives her patients confidence that she is an absolute expert....For my IUI we used Gonal-F with ultrasound monitoring throughout, then an HCG trigger when follicles were ready....We had a complication very early on...The radiologists sent me to Dr. A's office and she saw us immediately...we were shocked and upset, but she and her staff were great.
This [Brigham-Bos] is a big hospital practice, so some may need to adjust their expectations surrounding this. The experience with the doctor will feel personal, but with the all the outside testing it is what it is - a big hospital without a lot of hand holding... I didn't have a ton of interaction with [nurse] Susan, but she got her job done adequately...We had a complication very early on...but she [Dr. Ashby] and her staff were great. The moved us to a private room while they made surgery arrangements so we could process what was happening.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I saw Dr. Ashby at the recommendation of a family member who had a successful pregnancy with Dr. Ashby's help. At the first appointment, me and my husband knew we were in great hands. She is direct and knowledgeable, and gives her patients confidence that she is an absolute expert. She thought we would see great results with IVF but our insurance required us to try 3 IUIs with injectables before we could move on to IVF. I was disappointed since I really hoped to start IVF right away, but to everyone's surprise the first IUI worked! We had a complication very early on - when my first ultrasound was performed at 6w3d, it was discovered that my pregnancy was heterotopic, meaning that I had a viable pregnancy in my uterus and a second one in a fallopian tube. The radiologists sent me to Dr. A's office and she saw us immediately. She laid it on the line - I had a perfect embryo in the uterus but the ectopic needed to be removed immediately before it could rupture and put my life in danger. It was something seen more commonly with IVF but not unheard of for IUI patients. She felt that this procedure would not harm my viable pregnancy. Needless to say we were shocked and upset, but she and her staff were great. The moved us to a private room while they made surgery arrangements so we could process what was happening. One of her associates removed the fallopian tube that afternoon. A week later we had another ultrasound which showed a healthy heart still beating. The rest of pregnancy was uneventful and I had my healthy, perfect daughter.
Trust her!
Dr. Ashby gets right to the point, but does it with compassion.
For my IUI we used Gonal-F with ultrasound monitoring throughout, then an HCG trigger when follicles were ready. This produced 2 mature follicles and several smaller ones.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Because I only had one medicated/monitored cycle, I didn't have a ton of interaction with Susan, but she got her job done adequately. When I emailed her to let her know I'd gotten a positive pregnancy test she got me set up right away for HCG testing. When she called me with my (very high) results she made me laugh when she said "well you're DEFINITELY pregnant, wow!"
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is a big hospital practice, so some may need to adjust their expectations surrounding this. The experience with the doctor will feel personal, but with the all the outside testing it is what it is - a big hospital without a lot of hand holding. I am personally fine with that, others prefer a different approach.
It was covered by insurance so we paid very few out of pocket costs
Treated 2011 - 2015
She [Dr. Ashby] is the best and you could not ask for better medical and emotional care. I cannot say enough accolades about her! She answered every medical question thoroughly and appreciated that I had done my own research. I felt confident that I wasn't just a number and she cared and was willing to take risks on my drug cocktail to get better results. She even coordinated care for me while I was living abroad so I could come back to Boston for a FET...
Not as new facilities as MGH [at Brigham - Bos] and the doctors don't do your ultrasound but your own doctor reviews your results every time unlike other places...Susan is no nonsense but she has to be as the gateway to the doctor. She has a softer side but not as evident when you first meet her- her organization is amazing though...I recall that once my appointment was scheduled for a different time than I was told. They made room for me regardless of the schedule...
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I adore her. She is the best and you could not ask for better medical and emotional care. I cannot say enough accolades about her! She answered every medical question thoroughly and appreciated that I had done my own research. I felt confident that I wasn't just a number and she cared and was willing to take risks on my drug cocktail to get better results. She even coordinated care for me while I was living abroad so I could come back to Boston for a FET.
She is very busy so use your time thoughtfully. Trust her. She will be candid with you and doesn't care about the stats for her patients. She wants the best result for everyone.
She is amazing. So prompt with follow up including personal email and phone calls during her vacations. Spoke to the psychological side and not just medical. I am still in touch with her today even though our family is complete!
No lupron - antagonist cycle instead since I had had poor egg quality with lupron suppression. We also used some sort of "sweetener" to enhance egg quality. Used gonal f and ganirelix
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan fisher)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Not as new facilities as MGH and the doctors don't do your ultrasound but your own doctor reviews your results every time unlike other places.
All paid by insurance except for a CET cycle I had to pay for myself since located outside of USA
Treated 2014 - 2015
She [Dr. Elena Yanushpolsky] recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo
They [the staff at Brigham & Women's] were kind and thorough. They have a lot going on and it lead to long waits for monitoring some mornings. They were responsive when I was in cycle, but not after I was done. They did not call to update me as my embryos grew, but that may have been related to the study we participated in.... During my cycle the staff were great and very responsive. After my cycle I needed paperwork for insurance and I couldn’t get anyone to return my call. It took weeks before I got a response and then was never able to get what I needed.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
The only down side is she was always far behind on her schedule, but it was usually because she had emergencies. She was thoughtful and thorough. She listened to my concerns and responded accordingly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Make sure you have time for the appointments. As things may take some time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She is kind and thoughtful.
Describe the protocols Elena Yanushpolsky used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
She recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They were kind and thorough. They have a lot going on and it lead to long waits for monitoring some mornings. They were responsive when I was in cycle, but not after I was done. They did not call to update me as my embryos grew, but that may have been related to the study we participated in.
There were many women in the waiting room and some morning they didn’t have enough techs. This lead to long waits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was lucky to have good insurance coverage due to mandatory coverage in Massachusetts.
Describe Elena Yanushpolsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We participated in a study that required single embryo transfer. If we didn’t participate In the study our doctor still have strongly recommended eset. That recommended was based on my age and experience.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was told they would call with an update after they fertilizer my eggs. They did not and it caused me stress.
Elena Yanushpolsky
Treated 2013 - 2015
I was happy to be working with Serene [Dr. Srouji] since she was part of the Brigham and Women's team and she also had other doctors that she could consult when she wanted to bounce something off another doctor. During our meetings she was present there for us to discuss our options. We went through 5 IVF cycles with her and the last 2 were donor egg. ... She is busy and you will see her for your appointments but most of your communication will be with the nurses. Also she is only in Foxboro once a week so it limited the times that she could make an appointment if you wanted to see her there verses Boston.
Brigham and Women's is a big clinic and you may not get the personal attention that you get from some of the smaller clinics. I liked the team of doctors there and also liked that they have options where you can see some of the doctors from the city in the suburbs and not have to drive into Boston all of the time....We did multiple embryo transfers since I was older and the quality of my eggs/embryos.
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I was happy to be working with Serene since she was part of the Brigham and Women's team and she also had other doctors that she could consult when she wanted to bounce something off another doctor. During our meetings she was present there for us to discuss our options. We went through 5 IVF cycles with her and the last 2 were donor egg. Our first donor cycle went terribly wrong and she had felt bad. Knowing this she wanted to lay out our options and went above and beyond if we opted to do a 5th cycle in which we did. She was very surprised by the results of our 1st donor cycle that being worse than my cycles. When we opted for the 5th and final try she even worked with us to secure a donor. The only thing that I wish is when we had a failure she was the one who reached out and not to hear it from the nurses. While we always met with her during our appointments we never spoke with her during the tests and results always came from the nurses. We would then meet with her but it was often a few weeks after we had received the news.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She would explain what options we had. I was older when we started and knew that it might not be easy but knew that she was there to help us start the family that we so badly wanted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is the team that we had most of our communication with when we received test results along the way and would share with us what we needed to do in terms up changing dosage of medications I was taking.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Brigham and Women's is a big clinic and you may not get the personal attention that you get from some of the smaller clinics. I liked the team of doctors there and also liked that they have options where you can see some of the doctors from the city in the suburbs and not have to drive into Boston all of the time. They are also some of the best doctors and I was happy to be getting help from them to start our family.
This process was so easy and they had time set aside in the morning where we could come in. Super easy and did not add stress to an already stressful process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We are lucky to live in MA where fertility treatment is covered through our insurance so other than medication co-pays we did not have much in terms of costs for the IVF procedures. Our expenses came in with the egg donor process and that can be costly.
Describe Serene Srouji's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We did multiple embryo transfers since I was older and the quality of my eggs/embryos. She also tried icsi where they place a small pin hole in the embryo increasing the chances that it would take.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
There were a couple times on the weekends that we did not get a call from the on call nurse regarding our next steps so I would have to reach out to them to check in.
Foxborough
Treated 2006 - 2011
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y [Yanushpolsky] was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself...Do you research, be prepared as you won't have a lot of individual time with Dr. Y. She cares tho and is very professional and knowledgeable.
It was busy practice so the front office staff and Dr. Y really didn't get to know you very well. As a patient you spend more time with the blood lab and ultrasound people. I was very fortunate to get pregnant on my 3rd IUI with Dr. Y. I was with a more local doctor when trying for my second years later...Since it's at the Brigham, it can be overwhelming given all the other focus areas of the hospital overall. Do your homework and prepare to make the most of your time there. I remember sitting in an orientation clinic with a large group of hopeful parents-to-be and getting a large folder of information. It was overwhelming but doable.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself.
Back in 2006, insurance companies were still requiring the 3 IUIs first so that's what we did and my 3rd IUI was successful and now my beautiful daughter is almost 10 :) I was happy that my insurance covered the injectable pen then as it was relatively new and less intimidating than the thicker ones they had then.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It was a long time ago. My experience varied depending on who I got to see. Some had more bedside manner than others.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was fortunate that my insurance picked up most of my care.
Elena Yanushpolsky
Treated 2017 - 2018
I have found Dr Ashby extremely straightforward and pragmatic. She listens to what I want, and balances it with her medical opinion. I am a Single Mother by Choice and she has been fully supportive and encouraging of that route to parenthood....Dr Ashby is very friendly and chatty with me, and showed lots of interest in my personal life and motivations when we first met. Although she's sometimes rushed, I feel like she cares about me personally and my care and results.
I think Brigham is generally a good clinic - decent waiting times, nice facilities, cutting-edge research and technology. It's well-set up to deal with fertility and has efficient processes, even when you have procedures at weekends. The administration side is sometimes slow... I have had issues getting call backs, and occasionally been told different things by different nurses.... Intermittent service from the nurses as Dr Ashby's main nurse left during the period of treatment.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She's very straightforward - if you like that, you'll like her!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Intermittent service from the nurses as Dr Ashby's main nurse left during the period of treatment. They're subbing in for each other which makes communication sometimes inconsistent, and it can be hard to get same-day callbacks with urgent questions.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think Brigham is generally a good clinic - decent waiting times, nice facilities, cutting-edge research and technology. It's well-set up to deal with fertility and has efficient processes, even when you have procedures at weekends. The administration side is sometimes slow, particularly in getting call-backs.
Boston
She [Dr. Ginsburg] was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options...Dr. Ginsburg was very informative and open about our options. She allowed us to ask questions and she provided us clear, thorough information. She was open with us about the risks and her concerns, but also listened to our concerns and wishes.
The office staff [Brigham] are somewhat less helpful and considerate than the nursing staff and the doctors. However, they have been very thorough and organized with our care. They have coordinated with each other to ensure all tests and procedures are done to help us make a decision....The nurses have been very sweet and have taken the time to call us back and answer our questions promptly....
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
To be open to hear everything that she has to say, and to be open about your wishes and your concerns. She is flexible and open to working with people.
She was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options.
Dr. Ginsburg has had both me and my wife undergo various evaluations and tests to ensure we have the best plan. Such as HSG, lab work, and meeting with maternal fetal medicine.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The office staff are somewhat less helpful and considerate than the nursing staff and the doctors. However, they have been very thorough and organized with our care. They have coordinated with each other to ensure all tests and procedures are done to help us make a decision.
13,000 plus 8,000 for medications
Describe Elizabeth Ginsburg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We wish she would be a little more flexible with doing multiple embryo transfer.
Elizabeth Ginsburg
Treated 2013
She [Dr Janis Fox at Brigham and Women's] told me that she couldn't promise to be on time for appointments because at a fertility clinic there are all kinds of unexpected results...She was very warm but I didn't feel like she was completely up front with me. Miscarriage is a common outcome, and it made it harder for me to handle it when she a) didn't warn me that sometimes embryos don't develop heartbeats and b) acted like it was surprising that it had happened.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
1) She told me that she couldn't promise to be on time for appointments because at a fertility clinic there are all kinds of unexpected results, like "people getting pregnant." I know from experience that nothing special happens when you get pregnant, and certainly nothing that would cause a doctor to be an hour late. 2) When I miscarried she told me that she was shocked and "hadn't seen this coming." At the time it was mildly comforting, but now that I have been through more cycles I know that this is extremely normal. In retrospect it made me feel as though something terrible had gone wrong when really it's just par for the course. And I can't believe she was truly shocked given how common this is.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The "Intro to IVF" class they make patients sit through it s total waste of time. They have designed it for their own convenience rather than the convenience of patients. Poorly planned and executed.
Treated 2013
I prefer frank information rather than sugar-coating - with the appropriate level of compassion. Janis Fox worked well for what we were looking for in a provider. She provided the right balance of information and next steps...Due to my insurance monetary limitations, Dr. Fox recommended going straight to IVF (and presented published trial data to support the recommendation). This worked great for us and allowed us to stay just under the lifetime maximum that we had.
It was extremely helpful to have one specific nurse to interact with [at Brigham and Womens] and made the process much more comfortable...Had one small issue with an appointment (didn't get entered into their system even though I made the appointment in the office). It happened when our primary nurse was out of the office.I came in on my scheduled day/time (from my appointment card) and the office staff took care of it and found a way to fit me in to see Dr. Fox.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be open about what you are looking for (how much information) and what your concerns are - ask the questions.
Dr. Fox payed attention to my career/interests and knew that I had an interest in (and some background in) medicine. She provided clinical trial information for us when she presented her recommended approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It was extremely helpful to have one specific nurse to interact with and made the process much more comfortable.
Treated 2013 - 2016
Dr. Srouji and her staff [at Brigham and Women's] took their time when meeting or speaking with us. I felt that the team knew who we were....Expect her to be frank and thorough....The doctors seemed to be behind schedule (an hour or more) for appointments every time we were there...I was told the the results my genetic testing were in and clear, and to begin Clomid. A few days later, I received a call notifying me that the results of my genetic testing revealed I was a carrier for CF. (Conflicting information provided.)
Expect her to be frank and thorough.
Dr. Srouji and her staff took their time when meeting or speaking with us. I felt that the team knew who we were.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Morning monitoring was efficient. I never had any issues.
Medications were $3000; IVF cycle was about $12,000.
Boston
He's an excellent doctor and did a great job on my myomectomy and did give my my only child, from IVF # 2... We were given incorrect instructions regarding my husband's preparation for day of egg retrieval/fertilization day. This resulted in zero fertilization on 11 eggs.
How was your experience with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Don't be over 42 :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It was a bit rushed.
Describe the protocols Brian Walsh used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
We did use several different ones, I don't remember.
It worked fairly well. As I recall, it was a first come, first served arrangement. As I work for a school, I would get in there early and would usually get seen quickly. The techs were not allowed to comment/give any info as they were doing the scans, which was a bit frustrating. But I understand why they do it that way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I don't recall. It was all covered by insurance. I believe our IVF with ICSI was in the $15K area.
Brian Walsh
Treated 2009 - 2010
I felt that she really cared about my health and positive outcome. I feel like she didn't fully look over my medical records and procedures I had done before I went to see her.
They didn't call in the birth control pill or sometimes on the weekends or holidays didn't call with the numbers after an US [ultrasound] and once with the pregnancy test results.
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She's a great doctor and surgeon. I just feel that Boston IVF has a better lab.
I was very happy with the doctor and her nurse. They really cared and did everything they could to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Appel)
She knew my number when I called and I enjoyed talking to her.
I wish they had it available all times of day but it was understandably only early in the morning.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They didn't call in the birth control pill or sometimes on the weekends or holidays didn't call with the numbers after an US and once with the pregnancy test results.