75 Francis Street
Stratham
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885

2013 - 2016, Successful
She [Dr. Elizabeth Ginsburg] goes directly to the point and is very clear about possibilities and scenarios. She was quick to adjust my protocol when she did not get the amount of eggs expected. She is knowledgeable about insurances and will keep contact with other providers to ensure everything is ready... Pam handled most of the communication, but all of the nursing staff was always quick to return calls and keep me updated. When they had bad news to report they always did it in a manner that felt they were sorry and empathetic.
Getting a first appointment can take a long while, also because they Brigham & Women's Hospital] are so busy they will only allow you to have one pending appointment at a time. When problems arise they do get you in the same day without problems... Pam handled most of the communication, but all of the nursing staff was always quick to return calls and keep me updated. When they had bad news to report they always did it in a manner that felt they were sorry and empathetic.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She goes directly to the point and is very clear about possibilities and scenarios. She was quick to adjust my protocol when she did not get the amount of eggs expected. She is knowledgeable about insurances and will keep contact with other providers to ensure everything is ready
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Our first transfer ended up with an ectopic pregnancy, she showed a lot empathy and urged us to find the silver lining that we had achieved pregnancy. With every failed cycle she always mentioned how we were getting closer to our goal. She is not touchy-feely but she is not cold either.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Ginsburg used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Most treatments were the same, Lupron as well as GonalF. My last cycle where she adjusted the protocol to try to increase the egg yield, she added a birth control patch and Menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Pam Reilly)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Getting a first appointment can take a long while, also because they are so busy they will only allow you to have one pending appointment at a time. When problems arise they do get you in the same day without problems. Getting appointments that require testing can result in you having an ultrasound at 10 am and then seeing the doctor at 1 pm, so you need to plan accordingly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Everything was covered by insurance, we only had to pay deductible, but I believe a full cycle with retrieval and transfer was around $15,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The hospital had technical difficulties during one of my cycles because of ruptured pipes over the retrieval facilities. They transferred the retrieval to another facility and the timing scheduled was missed and I had ovulated by the time they went in to retrieve my eggs. This counted against my insurance limit and it put us through an undue amount of stress
2014 - 2016, Successful
At the first appointment, me and my husband knew we were in great hands....Dr. Ashby gets right to the point, but does it with compassion....She is direct and knowledgeable, and gives her patients confidence that she is an absolute expert....For my IUI we used Gonal-F with ultrasound monitoring throughout, then an HCG trigger when follicles were ready....We had a complication very early on...The radiologists sent me to Dr. A's office and she saw us immediately...we were shocked and upset, but she and her staff were great.
This [Brigham-Bos] is a big hospital practice, so some may need to adjust their expectations surrounding this. The experience with the doctor will feel personal, but with the all the outside testing it is what it is - a big hospital without a lot of hand holding... I didn't have a ton of interaction with [nurse] Susan, but she got her job done adequately...We had a complication very early on...but she [Dr. Ashby] and her staff were great. The moved us to a private room while they made surgery arrangements so we could process what was happening.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I saw Dr. Ashby at the recommendation of a family member who had a successful pregnancy with Dr. Ashby's help. At the first appointment, me and my husband knew we were in great hands. She is direct and knowledgeable, and gives her patients confidence that she is an absolute expert. She thought we would see great results with IVF but our insurance required us to try 3 IUIs with injectables before we could move on to IVF. I was disappointed since I really hoped to start IVF right away, but to everyone's surprise the first IUI worked! We had a complication very early on - when my first ultrasound was performed at 6w3d, it was discovered that my pregnancy was heterotopic, meaning that I had a viable pregnancy in my uterus and a second one in a fallopian tube. The radiologists sent me to Dr. A's office and she saw us immediately. She laid it on the line - I had a perfect embryo in the uterus but the ectopic needed to be removed immediately before it could rupture and put my life in danger. It was something seen more commonly with IVF but not unheard of for IUI patients. She felt that this procedure would not harm my viable pregnancy. Needless to say we were shocked and upset, but she and her staff were great. The moved us to a private room while they made surgery arrangements so we could process what was happening. One of her associates removed the fallopian tube that afternoon. A week later we had another ultrasound which showed a healthy heart still beating. The rest of pregnancy was uneventful and I had my healthy, perfect daughter.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Trust her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby gets right to the point, but does it with compassion.
Describe the protocols Rachel Ashby used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
For my IUI we used Gonal-F with ultrasound monitoring throughout, then an HCG trigger when follicles were ready. This produced 2 mature follicles and several smaller ones.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Because I only had one medicated/monitored cycle, I didn't have a ton of interaction with Susan, but she got her job done adequately. When I emailed her to let her know I'd gotten a positive pregnancy test she got me set up right away for HCG testing. When she called me with my (very high) results she made me laugh when she said "well you're DEFINITELY pregnant, wow!"
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is a big hospital practice, so some may need to adjust their expectations surrounding this. The experience with the doctor will feel personal, but with the all the outside testing it is what it is - a big hospital without a lot of hand holding. I am personally fine with that, others prefer a different approach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It was covered by insurance so we paid very few out of pocket costs
Describe Rachel Ashby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Boston
[Nurse] Kelly is kind, knowledgeable, and communicates clearly and timely...We live very close to the Brigham and Women's hospital, so it is very convenient. All the doctors there (not only mine) are experts in the field. The clinic is clean, well maintained, and comfortable...She [Dr. Rachel Ashby] personalized my care, and her team worked together to modify my IVF protocol to help me get pregnant. Also, I have a "unique" uterus that makes embryo transfers difficult. She placed a Malencot catheter in in me few a few days to make the transfer easier. My understanding is that this clinic is the only one in the country to do this. And it certainly helped make the next transfer easier. Also, I got pregnant!
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She is an excellent practitioner with great bedside manners: She has skillfull hands and is part of a great team. She came to me recommend from several friends (all healthcare professionals). I will recommend her to all my friends who need fertility treatment. Also, as a plus...When I had a miscarriage, the whole office treated me with compassion and kindness.
Ask her to clarify any terms/vocabulary that don't understand. People new to fertility treatment may find that the amount of information shared initially is very dense and overwhelming
She personalize my care, and her team worked together to modify my IVF protocol to help me get pregnant. Also, I have a "unique" uterus that makes embryo transfers difficult. She placed a Malencot catheter in in me few a few days to make the transfer easier. My understanding is that this clinic is the only one in the country to do this. And it certainly helped make the next transfer easier. Also, I got pregnant!
I did a low dose AB agonist protocol during the first cycle. While I got 18 eggs retrieved, we had lower fertization rates than expected. Also, the embryo transfer was very difficult because I have a tight cervical opening (which my Doctor hypothesized lead to my uterus to contract post transfer, and pushed my embryo into my Fallopian tube, and causing my ectopic pregnancy). After my failed cycle Dr. Ashby and her whole team met for a "cycle review" and suggested I do the same protocol, with the addition of Menapur, ICSI, and placement of a malencot catheter (to make the transfer easier). This resulted in 21 retrieved eggs, 6 five day blastocysts (they transfered one, and froze 5). The transfer was much more smooth, and I am happy to say we are now pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
Kelly is kind, knowledgeable, and communicates clearly and timely.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Ultrasound and blood work monitoring was very streamlined and organized
My insurance covers 6 rounds of IVF, so I am unsure about actual costs. I paid $75 for all my meds and a $50 copay each cycle

2015, Successful
I really appreciated Dr. Ashby's approach - very much "down to business". She clearly cared about how I/we were doing, but there was a game plan. I wanted results and Dr. Ashby was there to discuss what to do, when and how to get the results...For each appointment she was up-to-date on where I was in the process and ready to explain the next steps and why. She was very efficient, yet I felt that I had time to ask any questions I needed.
I think the clinic [Brigham] has good doctor's and being in the Brigham has access to great resources. I also think they are a business and their goal is to get people in and out (pregnant) so at times it feels a little too much like a factory...I went in for monitoring one cycle and was told that there were no orders in for me. So I had to find an on-call person who had to then find Dr. Ashby who then had to place the orders.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I really appreciated Dr. Ashby's approach. I was working with another doctor before who was very knowledgeable but I felt was almost too timid in her strategy. Dr. Ashby was willing to be a little more aggressive and understand that I wanted results immediately. For each appointment she was up-to-date on where I was in the process and ready to explain the next steps and why. She was very efficient, yet I felt that I had time to ask any questions I needed.
She moves fast and is down to business. If you need someone to go slowly and be a bit more nurturing, I am not sure if this would be the best fit. That said, I would never say Dr. Ashby doesn't care and/or is cold.
I was on Letrozole to help me ovulate and then tried timed intercourse. The first round did not work. The second round we decided to do IUI and that worked! Another round of letrozole and follicle monitoring. There was question about whether or not I had too many mature follicles, but Dr. Ashby felt it was fine to proceed with IUI and I'm so thankful I did.
It was not as organized as I would have liked it to be. I believe I sent a few emails that needed quicker responses and I had a massive billing situation that took a long time to work out that should never have been an issue.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think the clinic has good doctor's and being in the Brigham has access to great resources. I also think they are a business and their goal is to get people in and out (pregnant) so at times it feels a little too much like a factory. Overall, though, I had a good experience and I would (and am) going to go back.
Insurance covered my treatments so I do not know exactly the costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I went in for monitoring one cycle and was told that there were no orders in for me. So I had to find an on-call person who had to then find Dr. Ashby who then had to place the orders. Considering I was already stressed out dealing with the health piece, having to figure that out wasn't helpful.

2011 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Ashby] is the best and you could not ask for better medical and emotional care. I cannot say enough accolades about her! She answered every medical question thoroughly and appreciated that I had done my own research. I felt confident that I wasn't just a number and she cared and was willing to take risks on my drug cocktail to get better results. She even coordinated care for me while I was living abroad so I could come back to Boston for a FET...
Not as new facilities as MGH [at Brigham - Bos] and the doctors don't do your ultrasound but your own doctor reviews your results every time unlike other places...Susan is no nonsense but she has to be as the gateway to the doctor. She has a softer side but not as evident when you first meet her- her organization is amazing though...I recall that once my appointment was scheduled for a different time than I was told. They made room for me regardless of the schedule...
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I adore her. She is the best and you could not ask for better medical and emotional care. I cannot say enough accolades about her! She answered every medical question thoroughly and appreciated that I had done my own research. I felt confident that I wasn't just a number and she cared and was willing to take risks on my drug cocktail to get better results. She even coordinated care for me while I was living abroad so I could come back to Boston for a FET.
She is very busy so use your time thoughtfully. Trust her. She will be candid with you and doesn't care about the stats for her patients. She wants the best result for everyone.
She is amazing. So prompt with follow up including personal email and phone calls during her vacations. Spoke to the psychological side and not just medical. I am still in touch with her today even though our family is complete!
No lupron - antagonist cycle instead since I had had poor egg quality with lupron suppression. We also used some sort of "sweetener" to enhance egg quality. Used gonal f and ganirelix
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan fisher)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Not as new facilities as MGH and the doctors don't do your ultrasound but your own doctor reviews your results every time unlike other places.
All paid by insurance except for a CET cycle I had to pay for myself since located outside of USA
2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Elena Yanushpolsky] recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo
They [the staff at Brigham & Women's] were kind and thorough. They have a lot going on and it lead to long waits for monitoring some mornings. They were responsive when I was in cycle, but not after I was done. They did not call to update me as my embryos grew, but that may have been related to the study we participated in.... During my cycle the staff were great and very responsive. After my cycle I needed paperwork for insurance and I couldn’t get anyone to return my call. It took weeks before I got a response and then was never able to get what I needed.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
The only down side is she was always far behind on her schedule, but it was usually because she had emergencies. She was thoughtful and thorough. She listened to my concerns and responded accordingly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Make sure you have time for the appointments. As things may take some time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She is kind and thoughtful.
Describe the protocols Elena Yanushpolsky used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
She recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They were kind and thorough. They have a lot going on and it lead to long waits for monitoring some mornings. They were responsive when I was in cycle, but not after I was done. They did not call to update me as my embryos grew, but that may have been related to the study we participated in.
There were many women in the waiting room and some morning they didn’t have enough techs. This lead to long waits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was lucky to have good insurance coverage due to mandatory coverage in Massachusetts.
Describe Elena Yanushpolsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We participated in a study that required single embryo transfer. If we didn’t participate In the study our doctor still have strongly recommended eset. That recommended was based on my age and experience.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was told they would call with an update after they fertilizer my eggs. They did not and it caused me stress.
Elena Yanushpolsky

2014, Successful
She [Dr. Ginsburg] knows what has worked and doesn't really need to know a lot about you personally. But she still makes an effort to be kind and get to know you - she's pretty cut/dry (not a lot of chit chat), but friendly...Her nursing staff is super sweet. Her administrative staff sucks.
The [Brigham] nursing staff is super sweet...The admin staff is really bad. They don't return phone calls very quickly, are not helpful on the phone. When I filled out paperwork to get my records (as I was moving), they gave me the wrong instructions. When my new doctor requested records from them, they never came.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg is an expert - not necessarily warm and fuzzy, but super fair and helpful and patient. I was seeking a compassionate caregiver, but also one who could help guide us on the right next steps when you aren't always certain what to do. She's no nonsense. Her nursing staff is super sweet. Her administrative staff sucks (bluntly - rude and unresponsive, hard to make apps, etc.). That part can make it difficult. Also, since she is at a hospital, simple procedures like IUI will cost a lot more (need to pay hospital fee vs. just doing it at a clinic). Luckily she pointed this out, so we went to do IUI at the Harvard Vanguard clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Figure out which simple procedures may be cheaper to do elsewhere so you can avoid expensive hospital fees. For IVF, I believe it's the same cost. Also, figure out a way to make appts while you're there so you can avoid having to call their unhelpful staff.
Dr. Ginsburg knows her stuff and has seen dozens and dozens of cases. In some instances, this means that she knows what has worked and doesn't really need to know a lot about you personally. But she still makes an effort to be kind and get to know you - she's pretty cut/dry (not a lot of chit chat), but friendly. Her nursing staff is great, but administrative staff is super unresponsive, and that makes it frustrating.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
One of the nurses specifically recommended we try Clomid without IUI. The doctor hadn't actually suggested this, but she turned out to be right. That's what ultimately worked!

2014, Successful
When we did have appointments with [Dr. Hornstein], he went over everything in detail and made us feel positive about our progress. However, when I was diagnosed with severe ovarian hyper stimulation I spoke to almost every doctor in his practice, only speaking to him once when hospitalized for the week.
You definitely had to get to the ultrasound clinic [at Brigham] right when they opened, they were on a first come first serve basis and the waiting room was always full. [Dr. Hornstein's nurse] was very nice, but sometimes a little inpatient relaying the information.
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was very thorough in his testing and in our health history for both my husband and I. We never felt rushed when we had appointments with him, however, he was very hard to get in touch with personally- we spoke mostly to his assigned nurse. I felt like he definitely explained everything to us in a way we could understand, but sometimes the process wasn't always clear to me. I will say, having had 2 prior miscarriages he allowed us to stay on as his patient past the 8 week mark until we felt comfortable being released to our regular OB/GYN, which I was very grateful for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Write down everything he says, have your questions ready...and make sure you get his nurses direct line for follow up questions. He's very smart and it can sometimes be a little intimidating, but ask your questions until you feel like they were answered in a way you can understand. Also, just know you aren't always going to get him on the phone, so you need to be ok with talking to his assigned nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was very hard to get a hold of personally, I was always talking to his nurse. When we did sit down with him he had to re-read his notes on our case, as though he was not familiar with it. When we did have appointments with us he went over everything in detail and made us feel positive about our progress. However, when I was diagnosed with severe ovarian hyper stimulation I spoke to almost every doctor in his practice, only speaking to him once when hospitalized for the week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Appel)
I spoke to Barbara the most. I think because they see so many patients that sometimes they forget this is new to us, so they go through the information quickly. She was very nice, but sometimes a little inpatient relaying the information.
You definitely had to get to the ultrasound clinic right when they opened, they were on a first come first serve basis and the waiting room was always full. They opened very early so it was convenient for traffic and to get to work on time.
Mark Hornstein
2010 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Fox is a wonderful doctor who cares deeply about her patients and helping them achieve the families they dream of. I liked that she explained all of the medical things I was going to experience. I also liked that she didn't just follow protocol when it came to testing, but also her gut. She also looked out for my financial and psychological well-being...She has a strong Long Island accent that if you're not used to, takes a little getting used to. Be as open as possible with her so she can use all the information in your treatment.
I LOVED Kathy. She was attentive, caring and able to explain all of the medical stuff ot me. She always called me right away with test results and spent as much time on the phone as needed. She was my cheerleader through the whole process...The clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] is part of a major teaching hospital. So, the couple of times there were emergent issues, I was treated by a fellow and not the doctor. That said, the fellows are amazing and talented. There is always someone available 24/7 which was really helpful when I had issues off-hours. Also, if you're paying out of pocket, procedures are more expensive because the hospital charges more than free standing clinics.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr Fox spent time getting to know me as a person, not just someone who was trying to get pregnant. She listened to my questions and concerns and set the treatment in a way that made sense for me. Not just for her success rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Lyons)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic is part of a major teaching hospital. So, the couple of times there were emergent issues, I was treated by a fellow and not the doctor. That said, the fellows are amazing and talented. There is always someone available 24/7 which was really helpful when I had issues off-hours. Also, if you're paying out of pocket, procedures are more expensive because the hospital charges more than free standing clinics.
The monitoring appointments for ovulation/IVF were early in the morning before they opened up ultrasounds to others. It interrupted my morning routine, but it was early enough that I was able to get to work ontime. The window was big enough and there were enough rooms that I didn't have to wait long. The ultrasounds after I got pregnant were scheduled at my convenience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
All of my expenses were covered by insurance except the co-pay
Describe Janis Fox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
She did want to transfer 2 embryos on my first IVF cycle. I wasn't willing to risk twins and so we had a pretty emotional discussion. Ultimately, though, she listened to me and my needs.
2006 - 2011, Successful
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y [Yanushpolsky] was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself...Do you research, be prepared as you won't have a lot of individual time with Dr. Y. She cares tho and is very professional and knowledgeable.
It was busy practice so the front office staff and Dr. Y really didn't get to know you very well. As a patient you spend more time with the blood lab and ultrasound people. I was very fortunate to get pregnant on my 3rd IUI with Dr. Y. I was with a more local doctor when trying for my second years later...Since it's at the Brigham, it can be overwhelming given all the other focus areas of the hospital overall. Do your homework and prepare to make the most of your time there. I remember sitting in an orientation clinic with a large group of hopeful parents-to-be and getting a large folder of information. It was overwhelming but doable.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself.
Back in 2006, insurance companies were still requiring the 3 IUIs first so that's what we did and my 3rd IUI was successful and now my beautiful daughter is almost 10 :) I was happy that my insurance covered the injectable pen then as it was relatively new and less intimidating than the thicker ones they had then.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It was a long time ago. My experience varied depending on who I got to see. Some had more bedside manner than others.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was fortunate that my insurance picked up most of my care.
Elena Yanushpolsky
Boston

Dr. Anchan really took the time to understand my specific needs. As a patient with endometriosis pain and treatment options can vary greatly and he was able to steer me on the right path for my specific needs... He performed surgery on me and I felt fully confident in his abilities despite being nervous about the procedure itself. He’s very knowledgeable about women’s reproductive health and fully answered all of my questions. Despite being busy, I never felt rushed in his care
This clinic [Brigham & Women's Hosptial] runs late a lot unfortunately. There we’re some administrative missteps with paperwork and Insurance dealings that they have since corrected since I’ve been there. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency when they are late which I think makes sense because they’re caring for individuals but it is a problem for those waiting... During the times I saw nursing staff they made me feel really comfortable in their care
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Anchan is an extremely caring doctor. He performed surgery on me and I felt fully confident in his abilities despite being nervous about the procedure itself. He’s very knowledgeable about women’s reproductive health and fully answered all of my questions. Despite being busy, I never felt rushed in his care
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He is typically running late so keep that in mind, but is worth waiting to see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe the protocols Raymond Anchan used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
This is not applicable to my situation yet
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This clinic runs late a lot unfortunately. There we’re some administrative missteps with paperwork and Insurance dealings that they have since corrected since I’ve been there. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency when they are late which I think makes sense because they’re caring for individuals but it is a problem for those waiting
Describe the costs associated with your care under Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was told by my insurance that he’s More expensive because treatment is provided in a hospital
Describe Raymond Anchan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is not applicable to my situation yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance pre auth not filed in time resulting in a reschedule of a procedure
Raymond Anchan
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Ashby is very clear and knowledgeable, and definitely listened to my goals when planning my fertility journey. She was highly supportive of me becoming a single mother by choice. She did some of my procedures including one IVF retrieval. The other IVF was done by the doctor on call that day, who was also great....We did 4 IUIs in order to get insurance to cover IVF. First IVF was a high dose gonal f and menopur protocol with 5 day transfer. Second successful IVF was menopur only and 3 day transfer.
Good clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital]. Strengths include technical competence, good success rates, great doctors, and willingness to explain treatments and options clearly. Weaknesses: hard to get appointments (if over 40, they may accommodate so I had to learn to ask)... For over 40 the clinic has an algorithm to estimate how many embryos to transfer. I had 3 transferred both times. If I had had more available we would have transferred more for the 3 day fresh transfer.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Don't hesitate if you think you want to have kids. It may take many tries.
Dr. Ashby is very kind and genuinely warm in person.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nurses are very good, but for much of my treatment there was a different nurse each day, which was confusing when I had questions or needed meds. It all worked out.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Good clinic. Strengths include technical competence, good success rates, great doctors, and willingness to explain treatments and options clearly. Weaknesses: hard to get appointments (if over 40, they may accommodate so I had to learn to ask)
Insurance covered most everything except ICSI and donor sperm.
For over 40 the clinic has an algorithm to estimate how many embryos to transfer. I had 3 transferred both times. If I had had more available we would have transferred more for the 3 day fresh transfer. The clinic is good for "advanced maternal age" treatment decisions.
Boston
Dr. Fox took her time with us, thoroughly answered all question and made us feel that she was personally invested in the outcome of or treatments...We saw Dr. Fox for a second opinion regarding ongoing fertility issues. After out first visit with her, she made us few confident in the approach she would use to hep us conceive...She runs late at times, but it is worth the wait. She spends as much time as needed with you. We never felt rushed, and we always had a lot of questions!...
Not having a consistent nurse assigned to My case [at Brigham - Bos] is my biggest complaint...There were some nursing changes happening At the time of our treatments, so we never had one nurse that we consistently talked with. That would be my biggest complaint with my experience at Brigham. I did get timely call backs however...
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
We saw Dr. Fox for a second opinion regarding ongoing fertility issues. After out first visit with her, she made us few confident in the approach she would use to hep us concieve.
Describe the protocols Janis Fox used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
She did some Initial testing Amd blood work that she felt was not done previously, and then we proceeded with an egg retrieval using a different medicine and protocol. After my retrieval, we proceeded with PGS testing, at which time 2 eggs came back normal. I then had my first frozen transfer, which resulted in a negative pregnancy. We met with Dr Fox again to review my case. I then had a battery of tests looking for uterine abnormalities, including polyp removal. I did a prep cycle to see how my uterus responded to the medicines in my protocol, and when she was satisfied with that I had another transfer, which has resulted in a pregnancy. I am currently 16 weeks
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Not having a consistent nurse assigned to My case is my biggest complaint

2010 - 2012, Successful
She truly cares... She was great about 'thinking outside the box' and devising a plan that truly looked at why previous treatments had failed... She is worth waiting for.
I wasn't that impressed with her [Dr Ashby's] nurse. She was very disorganized and didn't really seem to understand my cycle... Had I been relying more on Susan [my nurse] for instructions, the outcomes could have been very different.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Rachel Ashby was wonderful. Appointments with her were like talking to a good friend. I felt that she truly cared and was totally honest with us about expectations and outcomes. I cannot recommend her highly enough. When there was a setback in my latest cycle, she phoned me out of hours to reassure me and answer any questions.
She is so popular that it can take months to get an appointment. She is worth waiting for. I made the mistake, in my haste to get in with a fertility doctor, to initially go to someone else. In the long run, that cost me a lot more time. Wait a few extra months to see Dr Ashby, she's totally worth the wait.
Rachel was amazing. She truly cares. She held my hand while I cried and helped us to come up with a plan that we felt good about. She was great about 'thinking outside the box' and devising a plan that truly looked at why previous treatments had failed.
I wasn't that impressed with her nurse. She was very disorganized and didn't really seem to understand my cycle. Rachel Ashby and I had come up with a good plan, which was not in line with the 'normal' protocols of that clinic. I was very, very involved with what we were doing, so I wasn't very reliant on the nurse to tell me what to do, and when. Had I been relying more on Susan for instructions, the outcomes could have been very different. I'm sure she's fine if you're following a very standard cycle, but in my case we were not.
Boston

Dr Walsh explained things thoroughly and was technically proficient at all exams throughout the process including hysteroscopy, etc, recommendations for genetic testing, the full IVF process. He managed expectations well and mentioned the chances for success...ICSI was recommended for male factor infertility hysteroscopy and other testing was performed to rule out female infertility causes
[nurses at Brigham & Women's Hospital] explained everything thoroughly on all followup phone calls throughout the process which was like 20+ after every blood test, ultrasound etc...[monitoring appointments were a ] well-oiled machine...BWH is a great hospital for IVF, thorough, clean, and great staff. They are available 7 days a week; however, the location is annoying to get to if you don't live in that part of Boston. Parking requires payment in nearby garages or valet parking is available.
How was your experience with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Ask all the questions you have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Explained things clearly
Describe the protocols Brian Walsh used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
well-oiled machine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
covered under insurance
Describe Brian Walsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
An algorithm was used that said 1 embryo transfer was the maximum allowed, this wasn't really up for debate
Brian Walsh
Boston
Amazing talented doctor [Antonio Gargiulo] from God. From first meeting with him, then later in surgery day and on post-surgery meeting I had strong confident feeling inside of me that its best doctor whom I could trust myself and my health. I did right choice! Knowledgeable, experienced, companioned, attentive. even that human charming smile means so much to us, his patients. I highly recommend him. Dr. Gargiulo is the best!
I wish I could thank them [the nursing staff at Brigham] personally after surgery. I never met such a great team. they treat you as queen with a lot of kindness, care and attention. they explained to me each step what they were doing, we even laughed right before surgery begin.... It is clean, neat place with all necessary departments under one roof. it could be a bit complicated to find right room, so I would recommend to come earlier to your appointment in case you get lost.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Amazing talented doctor from God. From first meeting with him, then later in surgery day and on post-surgery meeting I had strong confident feeling inside of me that its best doctor whom I could trust myself and my health. I did right choice! Knowledgeable, experienced, companioned, attentive. even that human charming smile means so much to us, his patients. I highly recommend him. Dr. Gargiulo is the best!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Do not have doubts, if you chose Dr. Gargiulo, you are in safe hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Doctor Garqiulo is a doctor with big heart. He listens with attention all your needs, questions. You feel comfortable next to him. I totally trust him myself for planned surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I wish I could thank them personally after surgery. I never met such a great team. they treat you as queen with a lot of kindness, care and attention. they explained to me each step what they were doing, we even laughed right before surgery begin.
Antonio Gargiulo
Boston
She [Dr. Ginsburg] was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options...Dr. Ginsburg was very informative and open about our options. She allowed us to ask questions and she provided us clear, thorough information. She was open with us about the risks and her concerns, but also listened to our concerns and wishes.
The office staff [Brigham] are somewhat less helpful and considerate than the nursing staff and the doctors. However, they have been very thorough and organized with our care. They have coordinated with each other to ensure all tests and procedures are done to help us make a decision....The nurses have been very sweet and have taken the time to call us back and answer our questions promptly....
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
To be open to hear everything that she has to say, and to be open about your wishes and your concerns. She is flexible and open to working with people.
She was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options.
Dr. Ginsburg has had both me and my wife undergo various evaluations and tests to ensure we have the best plan. Such as HSG, lab work, and meeting with maternal fetal medicine.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The office staff are somewhat less helpful and considerate than the nursing staff and the doctors. However, they have been very thorough and organized with our care. They have coordinated with each other to ensure all tests and procedures are done to help us make a decision.
13,000 plus 8,000 for medications
Describe Elizabeth Ginsburg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We wish she would be a little more flexible with doing multiple embryo transfer.
Boston
I have found Dr Ashby extremely straightforward and pragmatic. She listens to what I want, and balances it with her medical opinion. I am a Single Mother by Choice and she has been fully supportive and encouraging of that route to parenthood....Dr Ashby is very friendly and chatty with me, and showed lots of interest in my personal life and motivations when we first met. Although she's sometimes rushed, I feel like she cares about me personally and my care and results.
I think Brigham is generally a good clinic - decent waiting times, nice facilities, cutting-edge research and technology. It's well-set up to deal with fertility and has efficient processes, even when you have procedures at weekends. The administration side is sometimes slow... I have had issues getting call backs, and occasionally been told different things by different nurses.... Intermittent service from the nurses as Dr Ashby's main nurse left during the period of treatment.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She's very straightforward - if you like that, you'll like her!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Intermittent service from the nurses as Dr Ashby's main nurse left during the period of treatment. They're subbing in for each other which makes communication sometimes inconsistent, and it can be hard to get same-day callbacks with urgent questions.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think Brigham is generally a good clinic - decent waiting times, nice facilities, cutting-edge research and technology. It's well-set up to deal with fertility and has efficient processes, even when you have procedures at weekends. The administration side is sometimes slow, particularly in getting call-backs.
Boston
Overall, very good experience. She [Dr. Serene Srouji] came off as very smart, but also caring. She was honest with us about the success rates. Downsides were that we saw two other doctors for the retrieval and the implantation, and didn't see her again since we got pregnant on the first try...We did not have a good experience with [nurse[ Sandy. She often failed to return calls and provided us with conflicting information.
All the physicians [at Brigham & Women's] we interacted with were phenomenal, as were the nurses during the retrieval and implantation...The drugs we received didn't match the protocol we were given which was really confusing...We did not have a good experience with Sandy. She often failed to return calls and provided us with conflicting information...During our two meetings, she [Dr. Serene Srouji] spent a lot of time answering our questions. She also made a huge effort to do the pre-test procedures herself so she understood exactly what was going on
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Overall, very good experience. She came off as very smart, but also caring. She was honest with us about the success rates. Downsides were that we saw two other doctors for the retrieval and the implantation, and didn't see her again since we got pregnant on the first try.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Come in with questions as it is often hard to think of them in the moment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During our two meetings, she spent a lot of time answering our questions. She also made a huge effort to do the pre-test procedures herself so she understood exactly what was going on
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
All the physicians we interacted with were phenomenal, as were the nurses during the retrieval and implantation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Very minimal because the procedure was covered in MA
Describe Serene Srouji's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Because they were day 3 transfers, they recommended putting in two embryos. They told us we had an 8% chance of twins... we had twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The drugs we received didn't match the protocol we were given which was really confusing b
Serene Srouji

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Anchan has wonderful bedside manner. He is also incredibly knowledgable and confident in his practice. We came to him after trying to conceive and had a clear action plan. While it took several months to get pregnant, Dr. Anchan kept us informed and confident in his approach to continue forward. One surprise was that with a single embryo transfer, we ended up with twins...who knew??
Brigham and Women's was organized and pleasant. There was often a wait, but that was to be expected. The rooms for my husband were awful- his account, not mine....Monitoring appointments weren't always great- early mornings, often crowded, some staff was more pleasant than other...Nursing staff in general was very caring and compassionate. They were especially responsive and patien with me as I was always eager for results and next steps
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be open and honest with yourself. Take each day as it comes. Lean on others - including your doctors and nurses- for support.
Dr. Anchan immediately and always made my husband and I feel comfortable and empowered during an incredibly stressful and sometimes awkward experience. He understood our emotions but also our need to know the facts. He was kind, funny, and personable.
3 Clomid IUI cycles 1 IVF cycle
$0
Raymond Anchan

2015, Unknown Success
She will try to find a solution that is minimal - from impact to you but also risks associated with the options. She was great to not jump to IVF off the bat yet started with less invasive steps.
Dr. Ashby is awesome but the staff is the worst I've experienced. I had to coordinate my care myself- no one at Brigham ever called me with results and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get set up as a new patient.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I felt immediately at ease and comforted with Dr. Ashby- she talked to us like a friend and not a doctor. I never felt as if I were rushed and she even gave me her email address when I wasn't able to get in touch with the nursing staff.
The system at Brigham treats you like a number including all of the nursing staff yet Dr. Ashby truly treats you like a human and really talks to you like a person not a doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
To date I have not been able to get any of the nurses to respond to my emails or phone calls. When I do get in touch with the nurses, they do not know me, nor do they understand what's going on with me. They do not empathize and are not helpful at all. The only way I could get answers was to make an appt. with Dr. Ashby herself. Dr. Ashby is awesome but the staff is the worst I've experienced.
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr Ginsburg isn't warm she seems straight forward which is good but didn't give us the back ground of what was going . Her protocols where very aggressive which I know now is not always the way to go. It is a hospital setting so there is never any thinking out of the box when it comes to immunology issues, nutrition or supplements. You feel like just a number.
#1Was yelled at by a nurse about my cell phone message with no name attached this was while I was going tru a cycle already in an emotional state in a emotion state . #2 They called and Ridley asked why I had missed coming in for my HCG blood test. Which had been taken 2 days before which was negitive. #3 Had a hard time getting my protocol sheets
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She maybe a good Dr for younger women in there 20s and early 30s with aggressive protocols Iwas 36 when I saw her and didn't get pregnant.
High doses of medication very aggressive. 1st cycle 3 eggs implanted 1 no pregnancy 2nd cycle triggered to early lost most of the eggs which makes me question there lab and how they grow immature eggs.
Hospital setting
They where great
We chose to do one . She later told us we should implant 3 . I agree with that.
2013, Successful
I prefer frank information rather than sugar-coating - with the appropriate level of compassion. Janis Fox worked well for what we were looking for in a provider. She provided the right balance of information and next steps...Due to my insurance monetary limitations, Dr. Fox recommended going straight to IVF (and presented published trial data to support the recommendation). This worked great for us and allowed us to stay just under the lifetime maximum that we had.
It was extremely helpful to have one specific nurse to interact with [at Brigham and Womens] and made the process much more comfortable...Had one small issue with an appointment (didn't get entered into their system even though I made the appointment in the office). It happened when our primary nurse was out of the office.I came in on my scheduled day/time (from my appointment card) and the office staff took care of it and found a way to fit me in to see Dr. Fox.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be open about what you are looking for (how much information) and what your concerns are - ask the questions.
Dr. Fox payed attention to my career/interests and knew that I had an interest in (and some background in) medicine. She provided clinical trial information for us when she presented her recommended approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It was extremely helpful to have one specific nurse to interact with and made the process much more comfortable.
2013, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Janis Fox at Brigham and Women's] told me that she couldn't promise to be on time for appointments because at a fertility clinic there are all kinds of unexpected results...She was very warm but I didn't feel like she was completely up front with me. Miscarriage is a common outcome, and it made it harder for me to handle it when she a) didn't warn me that sometimes embryos don't develop heartbeats and b) acted like it was surprising that it had happened.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
1) She told me that she couldn't promise to be on time for appointments because at a fertility clinic there are all kinds of unexpected results, like "people getting pregnant." I know from experience that nothing special happens when you get pregnant, and certainly nothing that would cause a doctor to be an hour late. 2) When I miscarried she told me that she was shocked and "hadn't seen this coming." At the time it was mildly comforting, but now that I have been through more cycles I know that this is extremely normal. In retrospect it made me feel as though something terrible had gone wrong when really it's just par for the course. And I can't believe she was truly shocked given how common this is.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The "Intro to IVF" class they make patients sit through it s total waste of time. They have designed it for their own convenience rather than the convenience of patients. Poorly planned and executed.
2009 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Ashby communicates with patients in an empathetic yet realistic manner. She cares about her patients specific concerns and needs during treatment. For example, we were concerned about creating extra embryos and she was willing to work with us on a less aggressive protocol to limit the number of eggs and, thus, embryos produced.
I had very few complaints about the clinic [Brigham and Womens]. The hours they were available were extensive and convenient (including the availability of on-call doctors). However, if you are looking for a practice where one doctor does all of your procedures, this clinic might not be your best fit. The nurses perform minor procedures such as IUIs. Dr. Ashby only performed one of my egg retrievals and they do have fellows assist or perform retrievals and transfers alongside the main physicians. However, I only had excellent experiences with all of the doctors and fellows involved in my care.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
2 long lupron protocols, one with gonal-f, one with gonal-f and menopur. Second cycle added menopur and less gonal-f with hopes of producing better quality eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nurses provide the bulk of care during routine visits and perform the IUIs. Most were fantastic-very skilled, compassionate and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I had very few complaints about the clinic. The hours they were available were extensive and convenient (including the availability of on-call doctors). However, if you are looking for a practice where one doctor does all of your procedures, this clinic might not be your best fit. The nurses perform minor procedures such as IUIs. Dr. Ashby only performed one of my egg retrievals and they do have fellows assist or perform retrievals and transfers alongside the main physicians. However, I only had excellent experiences with all of the doctors and fellows involved in my care.