75 Francis Street
Stratham
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885

Treated 2010 - 2016
she [Dr. Rachel Ashby] got to know me and was matter of fact with me. But also sympathetic to my goals...Very difficult to get an appointment. But once you have one, she is great. The whole office is not very open to new "alternative" treatments such as reproductive immunology. She is matter of fact instead of coddling, which I prefer....Ask questions. Not sure how you get an appointment - it's a challenge for new patients...Con - it's [Brigham - Boston] like a factory.
[Brigham Boston] it's like a factory.....[Nurses] It's like a machine. They are doing this all the time and have it down to an assembly line but with compassion....[monitoring appointments] Very early in the morning. A challenge with Boston traffic....Not sure how you get an appointment - it's a challenge for new patients....The whole office is not very open to new "alternative" treatments such as reproductive immunology....Very difficult to get an appointment. But once you have one, she [Dr. Ashby] is great.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
she got to know me and was matter of fact with me. But also sympathetic to my goals.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Con - it's like a factory. One of the top rated/ best results in the country.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Very early in the morning. A challenge with Boston traffic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
A lot
Describe Rachel Ashby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Goal is one live birth, so they put as few in as possible. Because of my age and reproductive history, they transferred as many as 3.
Treated 2015
I first saw Dr. Ginsburg for a 2nd opinion. She went through all of my medical records and we came up with a plan for a different protocol moving forward...Although you may not see her often, she is always behind the scenes directing your care.
My nurse had to give me a methotrexate shot for my ectopic/chemical. She was very compassionate.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg is a caring and knowledgeble clinician. She really took the time to listed to me and review my past fertility cycles to come up with the best plan for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I first saw Dr. Ginsburg for a 2nd opinion. She went through all of my medical records and we came up with a plan for a different protocol moving forward. She listened to my concerns and treated me like a person instead of a number.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Ginsburg used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
One IVF was done with the antagonist protocol. The first tranfer of a day 5 blast took but ended in a chemical/ectopic. The second was BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My IVF was covered 100% by insurance.

Treated 2009 - 2013
Chaotic hospital environment, practice often running late. Doctor was empathetic but nurses more business-like. Efficient but not very warm. Always returned calls. Cramped city offices, difficult parking and labs in labyrinthine basement.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Felt my concerns about high twin rate weren't taken that seriously. Felt he was overly optimistic about male-factor issues, in an effort to be reassuring. Pleasant personality. Appointments felt rushed, had to come in with a list of questions to make sure they got answered. Only saw him at the commencement of treatment each time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan Fischer)
Trusted her and responsive but not very warm.
Antonio Gargiulo
Treated 2012 - 2013
Dr. Ashby had faith that she could help us have a family when perhaps another doctor would not....When my first IVF round was cancelled because I didn't respond to the meds, she told me not to worry, she had only begun to fight. One full cycle later I was pregnant with my daughter and with only one embryo remaining from that one cycle, we are now looking forward to completing our family with the arrival of a little boy in early summer.
Everyone I encountered at the Brigham--especially the various techs who took gallons of blood from this needle-phobe--were professional and helpful. From my first testing to my delivery, the Brigham has been great....Dr. Ashby had faith that she could help us have a family when perhaps another doctor would not....When my first IVF round was cancelled because I didn't respond to the meds, she told me not to worry, she had only begun to fight.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby had faith that she could help us have a family when perhaps another doctor would not. I was referred to her by a family friend who is in her practice and doesn't do IVF--hers was a name I had heard from other women and when I was also referred to her by a colleague and a family friend, I knew she was the right doctor for me. When my first IVF round was cancelled because I didn't respond to the meds, she told me not to worry, she had only begun to fight. One full cycle later I was pregnant with my daughter and with only one embryo remaining from that one cycle, we are now looking forward to completing our family with the arrival of a little boy in early summer.
Treated 2012
She [Dr. Fox] was the right mix of compassionate and practical. She noted my interest in medicine and provided full explanations for her proposed plan... She [my nurse] was extremely supportive and gentle in her communication. I felt comfortable calling with any questions
The entire care team treated me like a person and were incredibly supportive. The nursing staff was always available and compassionate. Each doc has one primary nurse so you get to know them. The social workers were also fantastic and provided excellent support and advice.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was the right mix of compassionate and practical. She noted my interest in medicine and provided full explanations for her proposed plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
The entire care team treated me like a person and were incredibly supportive. The nursing staff was always available and compassionate. Each doc has one primary nurse so you get to know them. The social workers were also fantastic and provided excellent support and advic .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
She was extremely supportive and gentle in her communication. I felt comfortable calling with any questions... Even if I had asked before.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Had one incident with an appointment when the primary scheduler was out if the office. I showed up at the scheduled time but wasn't in the book . They quickly got me in and made sure I was seen by my doc.
Janis Fox

Treated 2010 - 2011
Janis Fox didn't seem to care about the outcome of each cycle. She didn't talk through test results or explain clearly what next steps were... Personally, I found her unwilling to answer questions about what we were doing and why.
Monitoring appointments were quick and efficient. They opened very early which made it very convenient for work. Dr Fox's nurse was amazing and was a big reason I stayed with Dr Fox as long as I did. She was amazing at keeping me on schedule and was so kind when she had to break bad news to me.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
If you are the kind of patient who just wants to be told what to do without understanding the 'Why' then maybe she'd be a good fit. Personally, I found her unwilling to answer questions about what we were doing and why. She showed little care for how traumatic the infertility process can be.
BWH is a wonderful clinic, but wait a little longer to get in with one of the other doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Dr Fox's nurse was amazing and was a big reason I stayed with Dr Fox as long as I did. She was amazing at keeping me on schedule and was so kind when she had to break bad news to me. When I made the decision to switch doctor, the nurse was wonderful, helpful, and walked me through the process.
Janis Fox

Treated 2017 - 2018
I have met with Dr. Ashby on every appointment. She always takes her time to explain and answer my questions.... Dr. Ashby is a great professional and takes her time explaining everthing. She made sure we understood each step and did not rush us. We were successful on our first treatment and hoping to do another in the near future... I did IUI with gonal F with successful pregnancy.
I had a good experience [at Brigham & Women's] overall! I had a few delays due to insurance approvals in the begining but the team was on top of it. Clinic is located in the hospital with variety of parking options. The greenline is within walking distance for those who prefer taking public transportation... I did IUI with gonal F with successful pregnancy.... Dr. Ashby is a great professional and takes her time explaining everthing. She made sure we understood each step and did not rush us. We were successful on our first treatment and hoping to do another in the near future.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe the protocols Rachel Ashby used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I did IUI with gonal F with successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I had a good experience overall! I had a few delays due to insurance approvals in the begining but the team was on top of it. Clinic is located in the hospital with variety of parking options. The greenline is within walking distance for those who prefer taking public transportation.
Covered by insurance

Treated 2016
She [Dr Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's] was very cold but she was an excellent doctor. She was always right about her predictions...She was cold and blunt. However, I always felt very confident about her knowledge. She explained everything in detail and answered all my questions. She opened appointment times to fit me in. She's up to date with the current fertility research. Her nurses were always very nice.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was cold and blunt. However, I always felt very confident about her knowledge. She explained everything in detail and answered all my questions. She opened appointment times to fit me in. Shes up to date with the current fertiliy research. Her nurses were always very nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was very cold but she was an excellent doctor. She was always right about her predictions.
Describe the protocols Elena Yanushpolsky used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Natural frozen cycle.
Very friendly!
Very professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I only paid 150 out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They didn't order the right blood tests but I realized it before going to the lab.
Elena Yanushpolsky
Treated 2016
She [Dr Rachel Ashby] advocated to get my IVF covered at age 43 as a single parent by choice after i had been declined by 2 REs....We did the most aggressive protocol of cetrotide/ menopur 300/ follistim 300. We got great results in # for my age. [Nursing staff at Brigham & Womens was] super warm, on the ball, compassionate with understanding my situation....I think they are great, billing/ nursing/ blood techs/ check in
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I felt respected and cared for.
It is a fast moving process. Get your questions clear before an appointment.
She advocated to get my IVF covered at age 43 as a single parent by choice after i had been declined by 2 REs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nanci)
Super warm, on the ball, compassionate with understanding my situation.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think they are great, billing/ nursing/ blood techs/ check in
efficient. they even worked with my unusual work hours (early morning yoga teacher)
complete coverage less copays
Treated 2013 - 2016
Dr. Srouji and her staff [at Brigham and Women's] took their time when meeting or speaking with us. I felt that the team knew who we were....Expect her to be frank and thorough....The doctors seemed to be behind schedule (an hour or more) for appointments every time we were there...I was told the the results my genetic testing were in and clear, and to begin Clomid. A few days later, I received a call notifying me that the results of my genetic testing revealed I was a carrier for CF. (Conflicting information provided.)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Expect her to be frank and thorough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Srouji and her staff took their time when meeting or speaking with us. I felt that the team knew who we were.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Morning monitoring was efficient. I never had any issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Medications were $3000; IVF cycle was about $12,000.
Treated 2015
She [Dr Ashby] is not super warm and cuddly, but also she is not cold. She is realistic and hopeful and it is obvious that she cares....I needed someone who was upfront and more aggressive with treatments. Dr. Ashby was this, as well as checking in with how we were doing.
B&W [Brigham and Women's Fertility] is a big place and it's run like a machine. Sometimes I felt like I was more of a number in the grand scheme of things than a patient....I was not as impressed with the nursing staff. My calls were not always returned and for my first monitoring ultrasound, there were no orders in the computer. I felt rushed on the phone sometimes.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby is very knowledgable and professional. She is very upfront with her thoughts and what she thinks may be going on.
She is not super warm and cuddly, but also she is not cold. She is realistic and hopeful and it is obvious that she cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Tricia Kennedy)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
B&W is a big place and it's run like a machine. Sometimes I felt like I was more of a number in the grand scheme of things than a patient.
Treated 2012 - 2015
Dr Ashby called me personally with results of tests, she called me when she was on vacation after I emailed her with a question before our transfer. She took the time to talk with us about our lives and not just our medical information. You will love her and she will take care of you.
[My nurse at Brigham is] very knowledgeable, responds over email and is compassionate. Dr Ashby called me personally with results of tests, she called me when she was on vacation after I emailed her with a question before our transfer. She took the time to talk with us about our lives and not just our medical information.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She is caring, compassionate, knowledgable, and explains everything in a way that we can understand and feel a part of the process. She always emailed me back and never made me feel like I shouldn't be asking a question.
You will love her and she will take care of you
Dr ashby called me personally with results of tests, she called me when she was on vacation after I emailed her with a question before our transfer. She took the time to talk with us about our lives and not just our medical information. I felt like she cares about us as a family and not just as fertility patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan fischer)
She's very knowledgeable, responds over email and is compassionate
Boston
He's an excellent doctor and did a great job on my myomectomy and did give my my only child, from IVF # 2... We were given incorrect instructions regarding my husband's preparation for day of egg retrieval/fertilization day. This resulted in zero fertilization on 11 eggs.
How was your experience with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Don't be over 42 :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It was a bit rushed.
Describe the protocols Brian Walsh used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
We did use several different ones, I don't remember.
It worked fairly well. As I recall, it was a first come, first served arrangement. As I work for a school, I would get in there early and would usually get seen quickly. The techs were not allowed to comment/give any info as they were doing the scans, which was a bit frustrating. But I understand why they do it that way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Walsh at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I don't recall. It was all covered by insurance. I believe our IVF with ICSI was in the $15K area.
Brian Walsh
Treated 2011
If you're looking for someone who is warm and fuzzy, she isn't it. However she is extremely knowledgeable and talented. I would not hesitate to use her again if I wanted more children.
They [the nursing staff] were calm and understanding. The coordinator was a bit scattered. I had to call and ask when I was supposed to start my meds instead of them reaching out. It was stressful. She was either stretch too thin or not organized. That was the only negative part of my experience.
Ask questions
The team was not always sure of who I was but after my second meeting with Dr. Ginsburg, I knew I was in good hands. She was extremely confident and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They were calm and understanding
Treated 2009 - 2010
I felt that she really cared about my health and positive outcome. I feel like she didn't fully look over my medical records and procedures I had done before I went to see her.
They didn't call in the birth control pill or sometimes on the weekends or holidays didn't call with the numbers after an US [ultrasound] and once with the pregnancy test results.
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She's a great doctor and surgeon. I just feel that Boston IVF has a better lab.
I was very happy with the doctor and her nurse. They really cared and did everything they could to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Appel)
She knew my number when I called and I enjoyed talking to her.
I wish they had it available all times of day but it was understandably only early in the morning.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They didn't call in the birth control pill or sometimes on the weekends or holidays didn't call with the numbers after an US and once with the pregnancy test results.

Treated 2014 - 2015
See previous comment. Additionally, she didn't perform procedures. Rather, colleagues or interns did - including doctors we hadn't met, even when we were there for the first procedure (first time) and were nervous/anxious.
We were seen by her team, not her. When it was her, she was robotic, like reciting a script. Even answering our questions, it felt like she was bored.
Choose another doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The one I remember... the word "gruff" comes to mind.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Very knowledgeable about my issues- he [Dr. Hornstein] performed my lap and follow [up] care. Have not [yet] started ivf[.] He took time to explain everything i did not feel rush[ed]. He is very open to work with my other fertility doctor since i live overseas[.] His nurses [at Brigham & Women's] were nice- was not always the same person each time i went. Come ready to ask questions he will take time to explain everything.
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Strenght- very knowledgable about my issues- he peformed my lap and follow uo care. Have not yey started ivf He took time to explain everything i did not feel rush. He is very open to work with my other fertility doctor since i live overseas His nurses were nice- was not always the same person each time i went.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Come ready to ask questions he will take time to explain everything
Nothing to say
Mark Hornstein
Dr. Ashby shared her own experiences with infertility, which humanized the entire process. Dr. Ashby sees a lot of patients, and she did not remember me when I started my second round of treatments, two years after starting the first.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby sees a lot of patients, and she did not remember me when I started my second round of treatments, two years after starting the first. (This could also be due to the fact that my second round occurred while she had just returned from her own maternity leave. Mommy brain is real!) while I don't fault her memory, I wish that I were more memorable.
Patience for the process. Ask lots of questions. Follow instructions!
Treated 2012
He [Dr Raymond Anchan] was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful...He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Don't go anywhere else
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr A was a dream come true
Describe the protocols Raymond Anchan used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
Efficient
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I liked it was in a hospital setting
Describe Raymond Anchan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
He was realistic and somewhat conservative
Raymond Anchan
Treated 2017 - 2018
the nurses have been really good [at Brigham & Women's Hospital]...is a really amazing hospital and the clinic is amazing as well. The clinic benefits from the size of the Brigham and resources. The clinic is well run, appointments don't tend to run behind...Dr Ashby has a unique ability among doctors. To clearly explain to patients the medicine and science side of the care while also showing empathy and a very personable and easy to talk to demeanor. She treats her patients as people...After we met her we were both very impressed. She is very much on her A game every time we meet with her. She clearly explains the science, medicine and metrics of the care in a way that everyone can understand. She also is very personable. I'm impressed!...[protocol] it made sense and the reasoning behind it sound.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
We seeked her out in part because friends of ours were patients. After we met her we were both very impressed. She is very much on her A game every time we meet with her. She clearly explains the science, medicine and metrics of the care in a way that everyone can understand. She also is very personable. I'm impressed!
I'm a guy I have a hard time keeping straight the specific strategy. I do at the time recall thinking that it made sense and the reasoning behind it sound.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
the nurses have been really good.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
the Brigham is a really amazing hospital and the clinic is amazing as well. The clinic benefits from the size of the Brigham and resources. The clinic is well run, appointments don't tend to run behind.
Boston
I'm 22 years old and have had one of my ovaries removed due to ovarian cysts and recently had reoccurring cysts on my other ovary...I was told that my previous doctor may not have used the best method to remove an ovarian cyst...[Dr. Gargiulo] informed me about a very similar surgery with small incisions, but using robotics instead of heat. He told me that his method entailed using a plastic bag to surround the ovary when removing the cyst so that the ovarian tissue wouldn't be harmed any more than it already was. He used robotics to do this because they are extremely accurate and proven to be successful.
The nursing staff [at Brigham & Women's] was very friendly. It's a difficult environment to work in and they were always upbeat and respectful of the patients coming through the door...The clinic is awesome. It's in a great location in the hospital and all of the staff is very friendly. The last time I left without important paperwork because I asked the person at the front and they had said that I could leave. I wish they had double checked and communicated with the nurse staff that had just seen me. This was the only hiccup I eve had there.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I'm 22 years old and have had one of my ovaries removed due to ovarian cysts and recently had reoccurring cysts on my other ovary. My past surgery was with another doctor, but this time around my sister (with infertility and PCOS) insisted that I switch to her doctor, Dr. Gargiulo. I was so glad I did. He explained everything at a level that I could understand and made me realize how important it was to take care of this problem now, before I get older. He has special characteristics that no other doctors have. He was always running a bit behind because he refuses to cut time with any patients and likes to spend more time with everyone. He also uses a robotic technique to remove ovarian cysts instead of a laparoscopic technique, which uses heat that could damage ovarian tissue. His methods are much safer and exact than applying heat to the ovary because he essentially uses a plastic bag to enclose the ovary to protect it while removing the cyst. This method is newer, so women are sometimes hesitant to use it, but I had a wonderful experience with it and with Dr. Gargiulo because I truly felt that he had my best interest in mind. By using newer methods, he was able to keep me safe and to save my ovarian reserve, which I'll forever be grateful for!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
If he is running behind schedule don't jump to conclusions, because it's probably a good thing! He spends more time with patients, compared to other doctors I've seen, because he is personable and truly cares about you and your health. He goes the extra mile, so just be patient in that waiting room, because you'll have your turn and it's most definitely worth the wait.
Dr. Gargiulo is the best doctor that I have seen. He was referred by my sister who has infertility and treated me just as well as he treated her. He goes the extra mile, unlike other doctors. He is personable and makes you feel that your situation matters and that he'll do everything in his power to help you. I felt extremely safe in his care and would refer any of my loved ones to his care.
Describe the protocols Antonio Gargiulo used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I had a large cyst removed in the past, which caused the removal of my ovary as well. When other cysts started to occur on my only existing ovary, I started to see Dr. G.. Though she is a very successful surgeon, I was told that my previous doctor may not have used the best method to remove an ovarian cyst. She specialized more in OBGYN, so she wasn't as familiar with the fertility outcomes as Dr. G. is. The previous surgery was done laparoscopically, which meant that heat was applied to remove the cyst. However, in the long run, heat can damage the ovarian tissue, which can cause the ovary quality and activity to lessen. Dr. G. informed me about a very similar surgery with small incisions, but using robotics instead of heat. He told me that his method entailed using a plastic bag to surround the ovary when removing the cyst so that the ovarian tissue wouldn't be harmed any more than it already was. He used robotics to do this because they are extremely accurate and proven to be successful. He predicted that doing the surgery this way instead would leave my ovary with much better chances of being unharmed. The surgery went exactly as expected and the ovary was not harmed in the process. The recovery was also exactly what he had told me it would be, there were no surprises. He has also suggested for me to see him in a year to consult about freezing more eggs due to a lower ovarian reserve. He used the data to produce exact results and informed me of the statistical chances that I will conceive a baby from the number of eggs I currently have frozen. Due to the lower percentage, I have decided to go ahead and freeze more in a year. I was very, very happy with the results and care that I received from Dr. G and would recommend anyone to him! He presented me with every detail. I would definitely recommend his methods of surgery due to the low risk and positive results that come along them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nursing staff was very friendly. It's a difficult environment to work in and they were always upbeat and respectful of the patients coming through the door.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I had a $40 copay each time I saw him because my insurance issues that for specialists. I'm still waiting for the bill for the surgery, however, I was told by my insurance company that they should cover a lot of it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I left without important paperwork, so as I was driving away, the nurse called me to let me know and informed me that they would mail it to me instead. Before leaving, I had explained to the front desk personnel my confusion and asked if I was finished. She explained that I would leave and that any information would be posted on the portal. In hindsight, I wish she had double checked with the nursing staff to make sure that I was finished with my visit. However, I could have asked any one of them, so I think it was a miscommunication.
Antonio Gargiulo
Treated 2013 - 2015
I was happy to be working with Serene [Dr. Srouji] since she was part of the Brigham and Women's team and she also had other doctors that she could consult when she wanted to bounce something off another doctor. During our meetings she was present there for us to discuss our options. We went through 5 IVF cycles with her and the last 2 were donor egg. ... She is busy and you will see her for your appointments but most of your communication will be with the nurses. Also she is only in Foxboro once a week so it limited the times that she could make an appointment if you wanted to see her there verses Boston.
Brigham and Women's is a big clinic and you may not get the personal attention that you get from some of the smaller clinics. I liked the team of doctors there and also liked that they have options where you can see some of the doctors from the city in the suburbs and not have to drive into Boston all of the time....We did multiple embryo transfers since I was older and the quality of my eggs/embryos.
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I was happy to be working with Serene since she was part of the Brigham and Women's team and she also had other doctors that she could consult when she wanted to bounce something off another doctor. During our meetings she was present there for us to discuss our options. We went through 5 IVF cycles with her and the last 2 were donor egg. Our first donor cycle went terribly wrong and she had felt bad. Knowing this she wanted to lay out our options and went above and beyond if we opted to do a 5th cycle in which we did. She was very surprised by the results of our 1st donor cycle that being worse than my cycles. When we opted for the 5th and final try she even worked with us to secure a donor. The only thing that I wish is when we had a failure she was the one who reached out and not to hear it from the nurses. While we always met with her during our appointments we never spoke with her during the tests and results always came from the nurses. We would then meet with her but it was often a few weeks after we had received the news.
She would explain what options we had. I was older when we started and knew that it might not be easy but knew that she was there to help us start the family that we so badly wanted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is the team that we had most of our communication with when we received test results along the way and would share with us what we needed to do in terms up changing dosage of medications I was taking.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Brigham and Women's is a big clinic and you may not get the personal attention that you get from some of the smaller clinics. I liked the team of doctors there and also liked that they have options where you can see some of the doctors from the city in the suburbs and not have to drive into Boston all of the time. They are also some of the best doctors and I was happy to be getting help from them to start our family.
This process was so easy and they had time set aside in the morning where we could come in. Super easy and did not add stress to an already stressful process.
We are lucky to live in MA where fertility treatment is covered through our insurance so other than medication co-pays we did not have much in terms of costs for the IVF procedures. Our expenses came in with the egg donor process and that can be costly.
Describe Serene Srouji's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We did multiple embryo transfers since I was older and the quality of my eggs/embryos. She also tried icsi where they place a small pin hole in the embryo increasing the chances that it would take.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
There were a couple times on the weekends that we did not get a call from the on call nurse regarding our next steps so I would have to reach out to them to check in.
Foxborough

Treated 2020
Dr. Isaacson has a calm demeanor, but really feels like he’s trying to help you. He thinks outside of the box & makes helpful, forward thinking recommendations. When he speaks to you about treatment, you really trust him & feel it’s coming from a place of experience & research...did an initial consult to review my miscarriage, infertility, & recent D&C procedure. He then did an internal vaginal ultrasound to check uterus on cycle day 7. Afterwards, he did a diagnostic hysteroscopy. We were checking for Asherman’s Syndrome, or uterine scarring from after a D&C I had don
Scheduling with the clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] from out of state was a little hectic, but it seemed like normal things I would run into with scheduling with any clinic out of state. There were some appointment switches that had to be made due to the doctor being out of the office on my originally scheduled appointment day, but the office did a good job rescheduling my appointment around the date & time of my original appointment. I believe there could be more up to date reminders or text alerts, but overall I thought the staff & office did a good job. It was a nice office when we went.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He’s worth the wait or hassle to travel to! We came from Michigan to Boston to see him & it was worth every penny & second.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Isaacson made us feel so at ease & safe. He was reassuring, kind, & patient. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to help us & all staff at his office made us feel the same way!
Describe the protocols Keith Isaacson used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Dr. Isaacson did an initial consult to review my miscarriage, infertility, & recent D&C procedure. He then did an internal vaginal ultrasound to check uterus on cycle day 7. Afterwards, he did a diagnostic hysteroscopy. We were checking for Asherman’s Syndrome, or uterine scarring from after a D&C I had done several months prior for a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks gestation. Although the procedure was a little uncomfortable, it was short & i didn’t have to go into surgery or be put to sleep. I’m much happier I got to do the procedure this way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nurses we saw were all nice. We probably saw 3-4 different nurses throughout the appointment. It seemed like they switched every stage of the process. For the consult I believe 2 different nurses came in before the doctor, then a nurse for the hysteroscopy
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Scheduling with the clinic from out of state was a little hectic, but it seemed like normal things I would run into with scheduling with any clinic out of state. There were some appointment switches that had to be made due to the doctor being out of the office on my originally scheduled appointment day, but the office did a good job rescheduling my appointment around the date & time of my original appointment. I believe there could be more up to date reminders or text alerts, but overall I thought the staff & office did a good job. It was a nice office when we went.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We went through the hospital’s billing department to secure a quote for the procedure beforehand. This was nice because they factored in insurance to give us an accurate quoted price. I believe they were pretty close to what we ended up being charged. Total out of pocket, we paid around $881 total for the consult, ultrasound, & diagnostic hysteroscopy. I don’t remember exactly what hospital billing quoted us, but it was close. The billing department was overall good & friendly. They did lose my quote once & I had to call & do a little digging to get it re-done but they completed it timely.
Keith Isaacson
Treated 2020
Dr. Ashby is all about woman empowerment. She had a good approach in discussing my fertility options and advocating for myself as a woman, a caregiver to do what was best in my health for me. She was straight with the facts, but empathic about the journey i.e. hormones, appointments, and possibility of not getting a pregnancy test...this was my first IVF cycle and I'm classified as Obese (Cat III) she elected eSET. I don't think I'd be a candidate for MET due to my weight.
The nursing staff is wonderful at Newton Wellesley Hospital! They answer my questions in a timeline manner and are very empathetic about the procedure, medications, blood draws etc...With the patient gateway, my test results are available on the portal which is great. I wish they would also post medication instructions too or it'd be nice to communicate via email for certain things...The care is unparalleled to other experiences I have endured. They are organized, efficient and human. I have been treated with such kindness throughout my entire journey.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be prepared with any questions as both of your times are valuable.
I started with Oral Birth Control on Day 1 for about 12 days - 5 days later when menses began had a baseline ultrasound. I took 300 IU of menopur in the AM followed by 300 IU gonal-f in the evenings. After 5 days, I started cetrotide in the AM along with the menopur. I stimulated for ~13 days then trigged by HCG intramuscular shot (evening) followed by retrieval two days after trigger shot
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nursing staff is wonderful at Newton Wellesley Hospital! They answer my questions in a timeline manner and are very empathetic about the procedure, medications, blood draws etc. There was one mistake during my visit - as it was my first time, I assumed once I ran out of medication then I was done. However, I need to request refills and my insurance requires a PA. There was a panic for a day, but it all ended up working out. However, I wish someone would have called me a few days in and let me know that I'd likely need more medication based on ultrasounds and blood work.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This clinic is amazing! The care is unparalleled to other experiences I have endured. They are organized, efficient and human. I have been treated with such kindness throughout my entire journey. The only weakness would be that you don't have a 'point person' - Carol is the charge nurse and is extremely effective in communication, but results are usually provided by a different nurse depending on schedules. With the patient gateway, my test results are available on the portal which is great. I wish they would also post medication instructions too or it'd be nice to communicate via email for certain things.
I have a high deductible insurance plan for my husband and I. I require to pay $3000 toward my deductible which I did with IUI/testing at a previous clinic. My prescriptions were covered with no coinsurance and all medical appointments were covered. Prescription (including additional needed for my cycle) would have been ~$30k for initial order and $13k for additional. Medical appointments were ~15k, but again did not have to pay anything out of pocket. I did do the genetic testing through Myriad. My insurance didn't approve it, but I'll likely pay $350 out of pocket.
At this was my first IVF cycle and I'm classified as Obese (Cat III) she elected eSET. I don't think I'd be a candidate for MET due to my weight.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was running out of medication but wasn't informed that I would likely need 3-5 days of additional medication until my follicles reached the appropriate size. Fortunately, they had drug on hand and I was able to get a PA approved same day, but due to the timing I had to drive 1 hour to freedom fertility to get my additional prescriptions.
Newton
Dr Ashby’s advice [about Eset] was based on my age and number/quality of embryos. One of the embryos took so I’m glad we transferred two...s direct but very smart and caring. She’s intelligent and can talk quickly but always allows time for questions...She was candid with me and set realistic expectations, which is very important. She advised on the best treatment for me personally and helped my husband and I think through decisions.
Nancy [nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital] was excellent! Incredibly compassionate and responsive. A real life saver in stressful moments...They were very helpful with helping with costs and contacting the insurance provider... The process can be daunting and I really appreciated how easily I could reach the nurses with questions or concerns. They’re very responsive and you never have to wait long for a call back. The day I went in for my pregnancy test, Grace, who draws blood, ran my sample right down to the lab and I got my (positive) result about an hour later. Amazing!
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby really knows what she’s doing. She was candid with me and set realistic expectations, which is very important. She advised on the best treatment for me personally and helped my husband and I think through decisions.
Ask questions if she talks too quickly.
Dr. Ashby is direct but very smart and caring. She’s intelligent and can talk quickly but always allows time for questions and you can reach her nurses any time of the day, which I utilized quite a bit!
Birth control for 12-15 days, break, injections including Menupur & Gonal F, trigger shot. Then for 10 weeks Endometrin suppositories twice a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Lisa)
Nancy was excellent! Incredibly compassionate and responsive. A real life saver in stressful moments.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think the clinic worked very well overall, a well oiled machine. They make everything easy to understand and are with you every step of the way. The process can be daunting and I really appreciated how easily I could reach the nurses with questions or concerns. They’re very responsive and you never have to wait long for a call back. The day I went in for my pregnancy test, Grace, who draws blood, ran my sample right down to the lab and I got my (positive) result about an hour later. Amazing!
My IVF was covered by insurance so I’ve had to pay copays for ultrasound and prescriptions. That ended up being pricey but that’s because of my insurance plan. They were very helpful with helping with costs and contacting the insurance provider.
We ended up transferring 2 embryos based on their recommendation. Dr Ashby’s advice was based on my age and number/quality of embryos. One of the embryos took so I’m glad we transferred two.