Boston
1032 Main Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885

Dr Ashby’s advice [about Eset] was based on my age and number/quality of embryos. One of the embryos took so I’m glad we transferred two...s direct but very smart and caring. She’s intelligent and can talk quickly but always allows time for questions...She was candid with me and set realistic expectations, which is very important. She advised on the best treatment for me personally and helped my husband and I think through decisions.
Nancy [nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital] was excellent! Incredibly compassionate and responsive. A real life saver in stressful moments...They were very helpful with helping with costs and contacting the insurance provider... The process can be daunting and I really appreciated how easily I could reach the nurses with questions or concerns. They’re very responsive and you never have to wait long for a call back. The day I went in for my pregnancy test, Grace, who draws blood, ran my sample right down to the lab and I got my (positive) result about an hour later. Amazing!
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby really knows what she’s doing. She was candid with me and set realistic expectations, which is very important. She advised on the best treatment for me personally and helped my husband and I think through decisions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Ask questions if she talks too quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby is direct but very smart and caring. She’s intelligent and can talk quickly but always allows time for questions and you can reach her nurses any time of the day, which I utilized quite a bit!
Describe the protocols Rachel Ashby used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Birth control for 12-15 days, break, injections including Menupur & Gonal F, trigger shot. Then for 10 weeks Endometrin suppositories twice a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Lisa)
Nancy was excellent! Incredibly compassionate and responsive. A real life saver in stressful moments.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think the clinic worked very well overall, a well oiled machine. They make everything easy to understand and are with you every step of the way. The process can be daunting and I really appreciated how easily I could reach the nurses with questions or concerns. They’re very responsive and you never have to wait long for a call back. The day I went in for my pregnancy test, Grace, who draws blood, ran my sample right down to the lab and I got my (positive) result about an hour later. Amazing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My IVF was covered by insurance so I’ve had to pay copays for ultrasound and prescriptions. That ended up being pricey but that’s because of my insurance plan. They were very helpful with helping with costs and contacting the insurance provider.
Describe Rachel Ashby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We ended up transferring 2 embryos based on their recommendation. Dr Ashby’s advice was based on my age and number/quality of embryos. One of the embryos took so I’m glad we transferred two.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Ashby is great - she has been through IVF herself so she is understanding as to what the experience is like. She also has been clear about procedures and expectations...She is very knowledgeable and will even call you on the phone if the wait to see her is too long. She works with a team which has its plusses and minuses. They brainstorm together which helps to come up with a good plan and they can compare experiences against a lot of other patients. It does sometimes feel weird, though, when you go in and have a different doctor do your transfer or retrieval. But I honestly don't mind, because I believe their team to be one of the best around.
[The nurses at Brigham & Women's Hospital] were kind and supportive, much more emotionally present than the doctors. My one frustration is their contact/communication system which is to call and leave them a message and then you have to wait for a call back and you never know when that is coming. I feel like it would be so much easier to have an online message system - both for the nurses and patients.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ashby is fantastic - just because I have not yet gotten pregnant, I do not blame her. She is very knowledgeable and will even call you on the phone if the wait to see her is too long. She works with a team which has its plusses and minuses. They brainstorm together which helps to come up with a good plan and they can compare experiences against a lot of other patients. It does sometimes feel weird, though, when you go in and have a different doctor do your transfer or retrieval. But I honestly don't mind, because I believe their team to be one of the best around.
I wish she could be more available to each patient, but I also know that she has a ton of patients.
My first two retrievals we started medicine mid-cycle (so I waited until I ovulated and then we started a few days after that.) I apologize as I don't remember the names for all of these treatment strategies. The first cycle didn't produce as many eggs as the second, but neither was successful. I did not get a positive pregnancy test from either. For the third cycle, Dr. Ashby said she wanted to be more aggressive so we started medicine right after my period began. On that cycle, I produced 16 eggs which is great for someone my egg and we fertilized 13. Of those, there were 4 5-day blast embryos. I transferred two in a fresh cycle and then two in a frozen cycle. Again, I did not get positive pregnancy tests from either of those cycles, but I felt like we were headed in the right direction.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I feel like I know the nursing staff much better than the doctor team at this point because they are the ones you interact with every time you come in for blood testing or ultrasounds, etc. They were kind and supportive, much more emotionally present than the doctors. My one frustration is their contact/communication system which is to call and leave them a message and then you have to wait for a call back and you never know when that is coming. I feel like it would be so much easier to have an online message system - both for the nurses and patients.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic is top-rated and I truly believe they are really on top of current research/knowledge etc. I have frustrations that you can't do embryo donation, but that is a Massachusetts thing and not a clinic thing. You do feel a bit like a cog in a machine at times, but that is because they are so successful that they attract so many patients.
I have insurance coverage for the IVF cycles but I still had to make a copay of about $2,000. And the first cycle my pharmacy costs were around $900, but after that they were free.
Because of my age, I was allowed to transfer multiple embryos. The risks were made clear to me, but also the fact that it was unlikely they would all work, so I was happy to give that a try.
Newton

As a patient, I've had a good experience with Dr. Ashby, despite not being pregnant yet. She doesn't just spit out what we need to do, but talks to us and asks how we are doing during this whole process...Round 1 (birth control pills at beginning, started on follistim injections, then cetrotide injections and follistim injections. Post retrieval/transfer used crinone gel, medrol, estradiol) Round 2 (started on patch, then cetrotidge injections, then once I got my period again, I started on follistim and menipur injections, then added cetrotide injections. Post retrieval/transfer used crinone gel, medrol, estradiol) Round 3 Frozen (birth control pills at beginning, then estradiol, progesterone injections. Post transfer continued on progesterone injections and estradiol) Round 4 (lupron injections, then added follistim injections and then menipur injections. No fertilized eggs)
Nancy, and the entire nursing staff [at Brigham & Women's] are amazing. They were great at explaining the whole process as we were going through it. They always called me back when I left messages with tons of questions. They also helped me deal with a lot of back and forth insurance issues...My insurance covered 90% so we paid $1,000 up front for each round that we started. And then a few additional costs I think.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Ask lots of questions - don't be afraid.
When my husband and I met with Dr. Ashby, she did not just spit out numbers and facts, she explained this and also asked how we were doing during our treatment. She also walked us through each failed cycle to explain what happened and what we would do differently for future cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy, and the entire nursing staff are amazing. They were great at explaining the whole process as we were going through it. They always called me back when I left messages with tons of questions. They also helped me deal with a lot of back and forth insurance issues.
Newton

I did not receive an infertility diagnosis that was complex in any way -- Dr. Isaacson told me that likely I was just not ovulating. As a result, my treatment was simple (prescribed Clomid) and as I got pregnant after the second cycle, I only ever saw Dr. Isaacson once during the initial visit. I saw the nurse practitioner much more frequently (and I will say I very much liked her). So unless you have some more complex things going on and require more advanced treatment, don't expect to interface with Dr. Isaacson that much.
Overall, I can attest that this clinic [Brigham and Womens at Newton-Wellesley] does a fabulous job at fast-tracking your route to pregnancy, customizing the strategy to you and your individual circumstances, physically and financially...As time went on and I visited the office more frequently, I will say the nurses and staff were incredibly personable. My 8-week pregnancy ultrasound was an incredibly warm-feeling experience, with the ultrasound tech, nurse practitioner, and a medical student very attentive and invested. When we discovered a second baby in the ultrasound, I asked if they could bring in my mother-in-law and son from the waiting room, and they happily obliged.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Isaacson seems like a very straight shooter and very experienced in the fertility world. I get the sense he has seen a great array of patients and has gained some wisdom re: what is the best course of action per each patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I felt like a human in that during the initial visit, each person on the doctor's team, including himself, was very polite with me, reassuring, thoroughly explained the medications and procedures. Simultaneously, I felt like a number in that the intake nurse really didn't care to know about my prior acupuncture treatment or lifestyle changes. The clinic also, although being a well-oiled and perhaps efficient machine, divvies up so many parts of the process that in the initial intake appointment, you end up seeing 5 individual professionals, making you feel like you are in a factory. As time went on and I visited the office more frequently, I will say the nurses and staff were incredibly personable. My 8-week pregnancy ultrasound was an incredibly warm-feeling experience, with the ultrasound tech, nurse practitioner, and a medical student very attentive and invested. When we discovered a second baby in the ultrasound, I asked if they could bring in my mother-in-law and son from the waiting room, and they happily obliged.
Describe the protocols Keith Isaacson used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I was prescribed Clomid with a plan of trying it for 4 cycles given my previous successful (naturally conceived) pregnancy, age, symptoms etc. I very much appreciated the practice's respect for my limited insurance coverage, and that also informed our course of action -- not starting out with too many potentially unnecessary procedures, but being willing to do those if time proved it necessary. One of the procedures we were going to wait on was the HSG procedure that makes sure there is no tubal blockage. I ended up requesting this procedure after the first round of Clomid failed just for my own peace of mind, even though the clinic did not urge me to have this done early on. They performed the procedure at my request, and my tubes showed to be open. There is anecdotal evidence that the procedure can sometimes prove to be therapeutic and the fluid pushing through the tubes may open small blockages. I don't know for sure whether or not this was the case for me, or if I just needed to try Clomid for one more cycle, but I got pregnant with twins after taking my second round of Clomid. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have been discharged from the clinic to my regular OBGYN. I will say that twins do not run in my family, and I am positive the Clomid stimulated my ovaries such that they produced two eggs. I am incredibly excited to have twins, although people who are wary of twins for either financial or physical reasons should know that Clomid does slightly increase your chances of conceiving multiples. On Clomid, I had painful cramps and bloating during ovulation, and I took this as a sign that it affected me perhaps more than most people, overstimulating my ovaries. Again, my outcome was an incredibly happy one for my family -- but I realize multiples might not be ideal for everyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: NP Jennie Mastroianni)
I really loved the nurse practitioner, Jennie. She, along with the friendly, sweet nurses who always made sure to give my son (who accompanied me to many blood draws) plentiful stickers and attention, made my experience at the clinic very warm.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Overall, I can attest that this clinic does a fabulous job at fast-tracking your route to pregnancy, customizing the strategy to you and your individual circumstances, physically and financially.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance covered the majority of our care costs. Probably my biggest expense was my copayment for the HSG procedure, which I requested out of personal interest v. recommendation.

2014 - 2016, Successful
She [Dr Serene Srouji] did some out-of-the-box thinking regarding why our embryos weren't making it to day 5 despite the high number we had. After switching two day 3 transfer with assisted hatching, we had two successful cycles, the first ending in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormality (we didn't do genetic testing) and the second resulting in my current pregnancy.
Most of the doctors and nurses [at Brigham & Women's] were fabulous. Occasionally Dr. Srouji wasn't able to perform the retrieval or transfer and we would work with other doctors on those days. One in particular, Dr. Walsh, had a terrible bedside manner and I really disliked him, but everyone else was great....Sandy is Dr. Srouji's nurse and she is fabulous, but all the nurses in the practice were great. My husband and I called a lot with questions and they were always patient and informative.
How was your experience with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
As noted earlier, Dr. Srouji was incredibly caring and dedicated to helping us achieve success. She called us to check in, tracked my response and made adjustments, and was a clear communicator through every step of the process. I am so thankful for her kind and supportive care. She did some out-of-the-box thinking regarding why our embryos weren't making it to day 5 despite the high number we had. After switching two day 3 transfer with assisted hatching, we had two successful cycles, the first ending in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormality (we didn't do genetic testing) and the second resulting in my current pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Ask lots of questions. It's an overwhelming process and she is there to help you make sure you have the information you need to move forward in the process. And call her nurse Sandy--she is amazing and was a great help to us as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Srouji was incredibly thoughtful and caring. She called after every result (positive and negative) to check in and see how we were doing. She always seemed to be very invested in our success and determining what adjustments needed to be made to improve the treatment after each cycle.
Describe the protocols Serene Srouji used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
We used ICSI because my husband had sperm morphology issues. My PCOS meant lots of eggs of not so great quality, so we switched to a Lupron protocol which helped. We also found that our embryos weren't converting from day 3 to 5 so we switched to day 3 transfer w assisted hatching.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Sandy Vance)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Most of the doctors and nurses were fabulous. Occasionally Dr. Srouji wasn't able to perform the retrieval or transfer and we would work with other doctors on those days. One in particular, Dr. Walsh, had a terrible bedside manner and I really disliked him, but everyone else was great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serene Srouji at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Massachusetts has unbelievable coverage for fertility. We paid nothing out of pocket, maybe a total of $100 in copays for our insurance.
Serene Srouji
2003 - 2013, Successful
Keith [Isaacson] was always there for me. I never felt rushed talking to him. He always took my concerns seriously. When I asked him to do my transfers, he always said yes, instead of farming me out to another doc. When I had to be hospitalized during a pregnancy, he met me at the hospital in the middle of the night and personally did an ultrasound, and stayed with me. He was and is amazing.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He is a great listener, a great communicator. He is VERY gentle. I spent many years getting to know Keith--and always felt he was my advocate. I have three daughters BECAUSE of him. And, I continued to see him after I had children--he even performed my recent hysterectomy. I am sad to say I have no more reasons right now to be his patient!
Do whatever you can to get yourself to Keith first. From what I have experienced with other docs at other fertility clinics, it is far more of a factory approach. NOT with Keith.
Keith was always there for me. I never felt rushed talking to him. He always took my concerns seriously. When I asked him to do my transfers, he always said yes, instead of farming me out to another doc. When I had to be hospitalized during a pregnancy, he met me at the hospital in the middle of the night and personally did an ultrasound, and stayed with me. He was and is amazing.
I had four IVFs--each one with more add ons. I won't remember all of the specifics as the last one was 13 years ago--and I am sure there are more sophisticated protocols now. I definitely did Lupron shots--plus whatever else. Progesterone injections post transfer. I know he did IXCI (I may be misspelling this) and assisted hatch as well on the fourth (successful) cycle
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
When I first started with Keith, he was at MGH. By the time I was doing IVF with Keith, he had moved to Newton Wellesley Hospital. At one point, he was doing IVF retrieval/transfer at Boston IVF. He has a minimally invasive surgical suite at NWH--not sure if he does all transfers there today or if he still has a Boston IVF affiliation.
Thankfully, Massachusetts insurance pays for infertility treatment. I know the total costs for my care were extraordinary--but have blocked out the dollar figure!

2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Hornstein is a great listener. He made me feel part of the process and the solution. He delivered information with kindness but also with the level of information I truly needed....I had had a successful IVF, then miscarriage, then D&C that left me Asherman's syndrome while at the first clinic. Dr. Hornstein was the first RE to truly listen to me and to come up with a treatment plan that worked for me. When we hit set backs, he was innovative in his approach to overcoming them. I have the utmost respect for him
I spent a lot of time talking with the nursing staff [at Brigham] and felt they were always responsive and caring...I found this clinic to be much more innovative and open to new ideas and solutions....My cycles were covered by insurance. I paid roughly $350 per cycle in meds....Dr. Hornstein is a great listener. He made me feel part of the process and the solution. He delivered information with kindness but also with the level of information I truly needed.
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I came to Dr. Hornstein after a bad experience with another local clinic. I had had a successful IVF, then miscarriage, then D&C that left me Asherman's syndrome while at the first clinic. Dr. Hornstein was the first RE to truly listen to me and to come up with a treatment plan that worked for me. When we hit set backs, he was innovative in his approach to overcoming them. I have the utmost respect for him and he truly is the reason I've got children today.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Make sure you ask all of the questions you have. Don't hold back. He is a great listener and he will fully answer your questions but you have to be open and share all that you are thinking of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe the protocols Mark Hornstein used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
It's been a number of years. I did 4 IVF cycles with Dr. Hornstein. The final one resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy. My boys were born in 2004 so it's been a while.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was that person who was always told there's a chance that X or Y could be the problem but probably not - and it always was. I spent a lot of time talking with the nursing staff and felt they were always responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My cycles were covered by insurance. I paid roughly $350 per cycle in meds.
Describe Mark Hornstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This really didn't exist when I was undergoing my IVF cycles. We transferred a number of embryos in my final IVF that resulted in fraternal twin boys.
Newton

Lots of testing [with Dr. Hornstein]...Has a very specific protocol...BC of my age (36) and my BMI (High) only recommended single embryo. His mentality was age and BMI already made it a high-risk pregnancy for myself and baby. Possible multiples would just add to that risk for both...He listened to my needs, met with me a full hour at my initial consultation, gave realistic expectations, answered all questions thoroughly
Clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] was good, in the hospital, so what you'd expect. Ran pretty much on time. Sticks to IVF protocol to a T so a lot of appts. Had to meet w/ a social worker before IVF. Had to meet w/ a high risk OBGYN bc of my BMI, had to meet w/ anesthesiologist before retrieval too. Lots of appts...I spoke to a few different nurses, 1 was exceptional- Zussanah. The others seemed inpatient and annoyed at my questions
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Thorough, good at explaining details, kind, realistic, gentle. Very knowledgeable, sensitive. Made me feel that every question I asked held importance and never seemed annoyed (I ask a lot of questions)
He is great, if you have any questions at all, ask. He is very patient.
Lots of testing. I had 5 failed IUIs with another Doctor. Has a very specific protocol. On Day 2 of your natural cycle start OTBC for 10 days. Then have ultrasound for baseline, Then start Menopur and Gonal-f for 5 days. Monitor egg development. Take trigger shot w/Lupron. After egg retrieval Start Crinone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I spoke to a few different nurses, 1 was exceptional- Zussanah. The others seemed inpatient and annoyed at my questions.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Clinic was good, in the hospital, so what you'd expect. Ran pretty much on time. Sticks to IVF protocol to a T so a lot of appts. Had to meet w/ a social worker before IVF. Had to meet w/ a high risk OBGYN bc of my BMI, had to meet w/ anesthesiologist before retrieval too. Lots of appts.
My insurance covered actual IVF. Had co pays every visit and every time blood was drawn, ultrasound.

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Ashby was kind and compassionate and always delivered the risks and facts in a gentle way...called before my D&E and helped us through an extremely difficult time. She has met with us several times to present us all the options and risks of each. She has been compassionate and positive and we feel very lucky she is supporting our decision...2 rounds of IUI and about to start IVF...My last miscarriage was a natural pregnancy at 13 weeks.
Despite being in a big hospital the clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] feels small and cozy. The entire staff has always been helpful and friendly! My lab results have always come back quickly and the nurse has called shortly after. When I have left a voicemail on the nurses line it is always returned in a timely fashion. I don't have any weaknesses to describe at this time... we are about to start IVF...Grace [nurse] is one of kind. She has the ability to make you smile even during the most difficult of times. She would cheer along as my HCG numbers went up and hugged us after our loss. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
We did two rounds of IUI to conceive our son with Dr. Ashby and are now about to start IVF after two miscarriages to hopefully complete our family. My last miscarriage was a natural pregnancy at 13 weeks. Dr. Ashby called before my D&E and helped us through an extremely difficult time. She has met with us several times to present us all the options and risks of each. She has been compassionate and positive and we feel very lucky she is supporting our decision.
Trust her!
2 rounds of IUI and about to start IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Grace is one of kind. She has the ability to make you smile even during the most difficult of times. She would cheer along as my HCG numbers went up and hugged us after our loss.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Despite being in a big hospital the clinic feels small and cozy. The entire staff has always been helpful and friendly! My lab results have always come back quickly and the nurse has called shortly after. When I have left a voicemail on the nurses line it is always returned in a timely fashion. I don't have any weaknesses to describe at this time... we are about to start IVF.
IUI was covered by insurance.... about to start IVF

2012 - 2013, Successful
Mark was a wonderful, caring person who connected with us. He walked us through everything, made sure we understood everything, and changed his course when the first cycle didn't work. Again, he visited us after the girls were born while still in the hospital...He was very easy to talk to and ask questions. We had time in his office to just talk....Lots of shots and I know that I didn't produce as many eggs as we wanted. We used ICSI the second time and that worked.
I was happy with our clinic [Brigham]. I didn't know any better though so it was comfortable for me. I did donate a better squeezy ball for blood draws because it was so hard to get blood from my arm!...[Nurse] She would leave me the best voicemails. They were always so thoughtful and too long to fit on one call!...Most of my procedures were covered but some were subject to my deductible. All the ultra sounds and stress tests after were subject to my deductible.
How was your experience with Mark Hornstein at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Trust him. Go for two! It sounds scary but twins are the best!
He was very easy to talk to and ask questions. We had time in his office to just talk. He visited me while in the hospital once the girls were born to meet them.
I don't remember everything. Lots of shots and I know that I didn't produce as many eggs as we wanted. We used ICSI the second time and that worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was happy with our clinic. I didn't know any better though so it was comfortable for me. I did donate a better squeezy ball for blood draws because it was so hard to get blood from my arm!
I am a twin so there was no worry about having twins for me, so I was thrilled that the insurance covered two and we did that. I love being a twin mom!

2015, Successful
...See [Dr. Ashby] at the Newton- Wellesley location- SO much better than the Brigham. Appointments on time, better nurses and no more super early morning ultrasounds/ bloodwork.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
There really were no weaknesses to her treatment or bedside manner- she was exactly what I was hoping to find in a fertility doctor. Because of her (and her staff) I was SO much calmer, happier and confident than with my previous cycle with another doctor. She advocated for what she believed was best for me while also listening to me and taking my opinion and feelings into consideration.
CALL HER NOW! And see her at the Newton- Wellesley location- SO much better than the Brigham. Appointments on time, better nurses and no more super early morning ultrasounds/ bloodwork.
She was the most personable, caring fertility doctor possible. She gave me her direct e-mail as well as her direct phone number and was available anytime I needed her. She was the only doctor to take the time to try to explain "the unexplainable". I felt I was listened to, understood and respected.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Compared to the staff at the Brigham the nurses were SO much more personable, detail oriented and caring.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Ashby is very kind and compassionate but also doesn't hold back all of the facts and hard truths of the situation. Her honesty and candor are what made me feel she was the perfect fit for us. I couldn't anything but amazing things about her.... Be open and honest with your wants, needs and struggles. She's there to help!
Amazing group of people [at Brigham & Women's Hospital]! Always smiling and very friendly.... Dr. Ashby is very kind and compassionate but also doesn't hold back all of the facts and hard truths of the situation. Her honesty and candor are what made me feel she was the perfect fit for us. I couldn't anything but amazing things about her.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She's amazing! She gave us hope and made us feel at ease with our course of treatment. She's very compassionate but tells the facts and hard truths as well. I appreciate that, I want to know everything good or bad. Wouldn't want to do this with any other doctor.
Be open and honest with your wants, needs and struggles. She's there to help!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Amazing group of people! Always smiling and very friendly
2009 - 2011, Successful
She wanted the best for my family & worked hard to make it happen. Be ready for straight (yet compassionate) talk about fertility.
She [my nurse] treated me as a "friend," not just a patient. She [Dr. Simmons] came highly recommended & I recommend her highly. She is a gem.
How was your experience with Virginia Simmons at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She came highly recommended & I recommend her highly. She is a gem.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Virginia Simmons at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be ready for straight (yet compassionate) talk about fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Virginia Simmons at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She spoke to me as a person. Never did she make it "my issue" - she was always willing to listen & share her experience. She wanted the best for my family & worked hard to make it happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
She treated me as a "friend," not just a patient.
Virginia Simmons

2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Issacson and his staff were wonderful. After surgeries I was able to have a baby through IVF. Then three years later had another baby on our own. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful doctor for women with Asherman's Syndrome.
How was your experience with Keith Isaacson at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr issacson and his staff were wonderful. After surgeries I was able to have a baby through IVF. Then three years later had another baby on our own. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful doctor for women with Ashermans Syndrome
Newton
Dr. Fox is more clinical than warm...However, she is very knowledgeable and is ready with a treatment plan once all the tests are completed. She is flexible to the patient's wants/needs and didn't force any treatment...I started on the lowest dose of letrozole, with intention of doing 3 IUIs and then moving onto IVF. Due to travel, my first two IUIs had to be cancelled. The 1st completed IUI worked much to my and Dr. Fox's surprise...
The clinic secretary [at Brigham & Women's Hospital] was a little rough around the edges at first, especially when it came to getting medical records. My OBGYN is in the same BWH network and the records are all linked electronically, however a nurse from my OBGYN office had to call the clinic as the secretary did not believe me over the phone. Otherwise, I have had no issues with the clinic...Nurse Nancy performed the IUI that got me pregnant so I am forever grateful to her.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Fox is more clinical than warm, which my OBGYN had previously warned me about. However, she is very knowledgeable and is ready with a treatment plan once all the tests are completed. She is flexible to the patient's wants/needs and didn't force any treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be prepared with questions and speak up if you prefer one treatment or drug over another.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I only saw Dr. Fox at the beginning of treatment and after success, with several months between. Due to this, during my last visit it felt like Dr. Fox was not up to date on my care and cycles I had gone through.
Describe the protocols Janis Fox used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Some of the nurses are better than others. At my first visit for blood work, the nurse said "oh your husband is a scientist, you'd think he would be smart enough to get you pregnant." Considering it's a fertility clinic, it was surprising to hear the lack of compassion and overall knowledge of how to speak to patients that may have tried to get pregnant for years. However, the other nurses on staff were great and Nurse Nancy performed the IUI that got me pregnant so I am forever grateful to her.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic secretary was a little rough around the edges at first, especially when it came to getting medical records. My OBGYN is in the same BWH network and the records are all linked electronically, however a nurse from my OBGYN office had to call the clinic as the secretary did not believe me over the phone. Otherwise, I have had no issues with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My insurance covered fertility treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I once came in for a blood draw and they didn't have me on the schedule and it took two calls to get a prescription filled.
Janis Fox

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Fox was compassionate and thoughtful doctor. She was extremely thorough in her workup, and would seek alternative opinions when she felt necessary. I appreciated that she knew her own strengths and weaknesses.... I did multiple protocols with Dr. Fox including the antagonist protocol, VLD lupron protocol, and ULD lupron protocol. She definitely had a rationale for each. The cases are discussed in a IVF committee at Brigham before finalizing your treatment plan.
The clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] was well run overall. I felt that the size of the clinic was manageable and my wait for testing was always reasonable. They were efficiently run and organized. Having cycled elsewhere, I would say this was an overall excellent place to do IVF.... It is small nursing staff that I got to know well over the years. They always returned phone calls in a timely manner and were helpful. I felt they were organized and I had a great experience.
How was your experience with Janis Fox at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was a great doctor and I would recommend her. She sometimes wavered on decision making, but I always felt she was very clear. I had an overall good experience, even though I did not have a successful pregnancy under her care.
Be prepared to wait. She runs behind often because she is willing to give each and every patient the time that they need. I never felt rushed and she was always willing to answer my questions!
I did multiple protocols with Dr. Fox including the antagonist protocol, VLD lupron protocol, and ULD lupron protocol. She definitely had a rationale for each. The cases are discussed in a IVF committee at Brigham before finalizing your treatment plan. This gave my confidence that there was expert consensus on my plan.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic was well run overall. I felt that the size of the clinic was manageable and my wait for testing was always reasonable. They were efficiently run and organized. Having cycled elsewhere, I would say this was an overall excellent place to do IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Efficient smaller clinic. Overall very well run. No complaints!
Covered by insurance mostly.
Describe Janis Fox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They have an algorithm for the number to transfer based on age and number retrieved. This also determines whether you proceed with a day 3 or day 5 transfer.
Janis Fox
South Shore

When with Dr.Ginsburg I always felt Respected and listened to. My question were always anwsered and we always left with a sense of hope!...She will tell you how it is, explain whatever you need explaining. She is very professional and won't sugar coat news...She always had a plan for me and our visits were productive. She advocated for me with my insurance company and listened to my concerns. I never felt pressured into trying medication or doing the next step. I cannot say enough positive things about her!!!
Billing [at Brigham & Women's] was through an app or in office. It was easy to pay but difficult to understand what you were excatly paying for...When I needed off hour support, the fellow on staff was always available. They were professional and caring at all hours of the night...Very busy and you got who you got for your medical procedures. However, all staff at the hospital were great! I always felt confident and comfortable. I was prepared for each step. The scheduling and insurance personnel were easy to work with. I could easily contact them during normal business hours.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr Ginsburg knows her stuff! For that reason alone I would recommend her. She will tell you how it is, explain whatever you need explaining. She is very professional and won't sugar coat news. I needed that because I knew I could trust her. She always had a plan for me and our visits were productive. She advocated for me with my insurance company and listened to my concerns. I never felt pressured into trying medication or doing the next step. I cannot say enough positive things about her!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Expect honest answers that are not sugar coated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
When with Dr.Ginsburg I always felt Respected and listened to. My question were always anwsered and we always left with a sense of hope! However the clinic is very busy and the nurses in the Weymouth office can make you feel rushed. As long as you advocate for yourself and don't mind repeating info to them, they get the job done!
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Ginsburg used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Leterzole- 3times, 3 different doses. This was supposed to get my body to ovulate. It failed Leterzole (7.5mg) with trigger shot. This made me ovulate but no successful pregnancy IUI- we did not do this because once on injectable medication my response could not be controlled. I would produce more than a few eggs even on a small dose based on my AMH level (15). iVF- we used various injectable medication. I had an egg retrieval that got 28 mature eggs. 16 lasted to day 5. However I had to freeze all because even with my modified trigger shot, I developed a slight case of hyper stimulation. Frozen Egg Transfer- after pills and pio shots, we had a successful transfer. I am currently pregnant from this procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Strengths- they always got right back to me with answers to my questions and/or with next steps. They would listen to me if I advocate for myself and seemed to respect that. Blood and ultrasound was fast and efficient Weakness- often times conversations would be rushed and overwhelming. They never seemed to know my history. The hospital staff in Boston was always caring and did not seem rushed!
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Very busy and you got who you got for your medical procedures. However, all staff at the hospital were great! I always felt confident and comfortable. I was prepared for each step. The scheduling and insurance personnel were easy to work with. I could easily contact them during normal business hours. When I needed off hour support, the fellow on staff was always available. They were professional and caring at all hours of the night.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I paid whatever was not covered by insurance. Billing was through an app or in office. It was easy to pay but difficult to understand what you were excatly paying for
Describe Elizabeth Ginsburg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My doctor prefer to do a SET for my safety. We agreed as that was what was covered by insurance and in our best interest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This happen once. It was a last-minute Rx beci Fed ex lost my package. The off hours fellow was able to fix it.

2014 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Ginsburg is] good but all business...but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage...Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things...I had no reason for not conceiving other than my age. So she chose protocols to match my diminished ovarian reserve. When the first cycle resulted in all negative test results, she changed it up for next time. She acted surprised each time I didn’t get pregnant because my embryos looked so good.
I had a paper [from Brigham & Women's Hospital] that said I was doing one protocol, then they called me with instructions that were totally different from what the paper said. It was very confusing. Turns out my protocol had changed...I think they have a great secretary Michelle who keeps things organized and running smoothly. Also the girl who does all of the submitting to insurance knows what she’s doing and was very helpful. Sometimes I had an ultrasound appointment first thing in the morning and the tech wasn’t in yet. So that could be improved.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It’s hard for me to separate my feelings for her from the frustration I felt during the whole process. Sometimes I was angry with her but other times I thought she was knowledgeable. One time my protocol had changed but I still had the instruction sheet from the original protocol. Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things.
She’s good but all business.
She was definitely all business, but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Nancy was the sweetest most compassionate nurse. I loved her. Also Joanie for my blood draws was great.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Didn’t have insurance for the consult, so we had to pay that out of pocket. I forget what it was. $500-$750 maybe? After that it was all about meeting my insurance deductible and huge copays for the medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I had a paper that said I was doing one protocol, then they called me with instructions that were totally different from what the paper said. It was very confusing. Turns out my protocol had changed.
South Shore
6 rounds of medication cycles with timed intercourse and 1 round of intrauterine insemination [protocol with Dr. Yanushpolsky]. Insurance required 6 rounds before ivf...Felt very cared for and supported after miscarriage and d&c procedure...Was very thorough and sat and explained things to my husband and I. I felt very comfortable asking questions to her and what was next. She was apologetic to our situation during miscarriage and procedure.
[Brigham & Women's Hospital is] Very responsive that day if you call before the clinic is closed. You can get an appointment quickly or bloodwork. Works well with my work schedule. When calling the nursing station, you leave a voicemail and get a return call which is always prompt but would be interested in talking at that time...The staff there was great. From the unit clerk, Michelle to all the nursing staff and ultrasound technicians. Very supportive during difficult times and responsive and caring.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was very caring for circumstances I underwent. Was very thorough and sat and explained things to my husband and I. I felt very comfortable asking questions to her and what was next. She was apologetic to our situation during miscarriage and procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
A piece of advice would be ask questions if you don’t understand she will gladly answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Felt very cared for and supported after miscarriage and d&c procedure.
Describe the protocols Elena Yanushpolsky used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
6 rounds of medication cycles with timed intercourse and 1 round of intrauterine insemination. Insurance required 6 rounds before ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nancy, Deb, Jonie)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Costs for medication copays were high. Was sent to a nearby hospital for excessive bleeding and miscarriage d&c copay was very high unfortunately.
Elena Yanushpolsky
2015, Successful
Dr Yanushpolsky was very thorough in explaining the issues I was facing medically and why I had suffered miscarriages in the past. She was sympathetic but clear and concise in explaining how she would address the issues...she met with me and explained clomid was not what was needed and I tried one round of Ovidrel as she prescribed and was pregnant that month and had my son.
Every nurse and staff member [at Brigham & Women's Hospital- South Shore] that I encountered was very kind and compassionate and great at their job. I can't say enough good things about my experiences with them!...I had been on clomid for months and had experienced 3 miscarriages. Dr Yanushpolsky ran a new set of blood tests and arranged several tests to check my ovaries, eggs and fallopian tubes. As soon as the results of these tests were available she met with me and explained clomid was not what was needed and I tried one round of Ovidrel as she prescribed and was pregnant that month and had my son.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I had visited 2 other reproductive endocrinologists prior to Dr Yanushpolsky and I found them to have "better" bedside manner but they were not as results oriented as Dr Y. Although she wasn't as chatty or warm as others I had seen she was very nice and very to the point. I felt very confident in her understanding and her care plan for me.
Don't expect hugs, but expect results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Every nurse and staff member that I encountered was very kind and compassionate and great at their job. I can't say enough good things about my experiences with them!
The tests and Ovidrel were covered by my insurance
Describe Elena Yanushpolsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Elena Yanushpolsky

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Ginsburg was straight forward and warm without giving a false sense of hope. She will listen to all of your concerns and explain things completely. She is incredibly smart and diligent. She will help you push forward until you get your miracle baby!... I did a single transfer which failed so she allowed me to do a double transfer the next time around (also failed).... This clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] is caring, thoughtful, straight forward, organized, and well staffed. They truely care about you, you are not just a number or a statistic.
This clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital] is caring, thoughtful, straight forward, organized, and well staffed. They truely care about you, you are not just a number or a statistic.... Dr. Ginsburg was straight forward and warm without giving a false sense of hope. She will listen to all of your concerns and explain things completely. She is incredibly smart and diligent. She will help you push forward until you get your miracle baby!... I did a single transfer which failed so she allowed me to do a double transfer the next time around (also failed).
She is very straightforward
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This clinic is caring, thoughtful, straight forward, organized, and well staffed. They truely care about you, you are not just a number or a statistic. This clinic is caring, thoughtful, straight forward, organized, and well staffed. They truely care about you, you are not just a number or a statistic.
South Shore

Dr. Gargiulo was extremely trustworthy and respectful when treating my stage IV endometriosis... is honest with his thoughts process for diagnosis. He is also very talented and precise during surgery, as he was able to save both my ovaries and fallopian tubes. I really like his conservative approach to treatment, where he aims to leave all fertility options open to the patient.
The nursing staff [at Brigham & Women's Hospital] was extremely compassionate and knowledgable...They also followup in a very timely manner when I'd call off-hours or during lunch...The clinic is in a very convenient location in Stratham, NH...Physically, it's not a huge hospital clinic, but it's modern, clean, and appropriately sized/staffed....
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Gargiulo was extremely trustworthy and respectful when treating my stage IV endometriosis. He doesn't dumb things down, make things seem better or worse than they are, and is honest with his thoughts process for diagnosis. He is also very talented and precise during surgery, as he was able to save both my ovaries and fallopian tubes. I really like his conservative approach to treatment, where he aims to leave all fertility options open to the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Definitely ask all the questions you need. Dr. Gargiulo is extremely knowledgable and if he doesn't know something, he will know how to find out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Asked important personal and detailed questions on my family planning timeline and had a lot of empathy and patience when answering my own questions.
Describe the protocols Antonio Gargiulo used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Dr. Garguilo first had me do a 3D ultrasound down in Boston as the first step to follow up on an ovarian cyst (later to be confirmed as endometrioma), a polyp, and fibroids as diagnosed by my previous OB-GYN. Dr. Garguilo had me get an MRI to check for adenomyosis, which is very hard to detect on ultrasound. With previous OB-GYNs, my adenomyosis was misdiagnosed as fibroids, but Dr. Garguilo has ample experience to note a subtle difference and then went and confirmed via MRI. Knowing that I have adeno is useful for the surgery. He also had me get bloodwork for cancer markers (CA-125 and HE-4), because this would affect how to operate on my 6.3cm ovarian cyst. Most doctors don't look at HE-4, but it's a very important and useful tool. If I had cancer, and he spilled my ovarian cyst contents, the results could have been disastrous.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The nursing staff was extremely compassionate and knowledgable. I was particularly nervous about getting an MRI with contrast, as well as having a late morning surgery (as opposed to early morning) since I needed to do a bowel prep the day before. The nurses helped calm me down, told me about their own personal experiences with similar issues, and were very sweet. They also followup in a very timely manner when I'd call off-hours or during lunch.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic is in a very convenient location in Stratham, NH. I'm very thankful that I didn't have to drive down to Boston as Dr. Gargiulo works out of the Stratham office Tuesdays and Thursdays. Physically, it's not a huge hospital clinic, but it's modern, clean, and appropriately sized/staffed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
MRI came out to $200 after insurance. Each office visit was $20 after insurance.
Stratham

I was referred to Dr. Gargiulo with a tough diagnosis. ... At our second appointment we were told that I had an undiagnosed thyroid antibody that attacked my reproductive system. Dr. Gargiulo understood our deep desire to try anything we could. ... After 2 failed cycles Dr. Gargiulo recommended to use Donor eggs. Even through this entire time he was understanding and warm with his approach even with such devastating news. After 2 additional second opinions in Boston from other top IVF providers; we have started the Donor egg process. Both of the second opinions agreed completely with Dr. Gargiulos approach
Strengths: - Great Location - Clean - Staff was wonderful - Early morning hours - Always accommodating - A nurse is always on call - It is a satellite location for Brigham and Womens. This is wonderful to not have to drive to Boston for monitoring visits Weaknesses - Not a deal breaker but they close at 3:30p ... They [nursing staff] were all there after each failed cycle and were willing to help us with any resources they needed. We never felt rush at any appointment or never felt like a bother calling with the simplest question.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was warm and compassionate. He understood our deep desire to have a child and was willing to think outside the box which we appreciated as standard approaches were not going to work; which we knew from the first appointment. He never had to look back at my notes to reference previous cycles, he always seemed so well prepared for our visits and did not spend our time flipping through a chart. He is one of the best physicians I have ever met and I work for the best hospital in Boston.
Understand that as much as you want a positive outcome it is not always possible. You have to go in with an open mind and remember that Dr. Gargiulo will do anything possible to give you the best possible outcome.
Dr. Gargiulo was wonderful from the first appointment we had with him. He treated us with compassion and was delicate regarding our gloomy outlook of having a natural child. He always took the time to ask us how we were both doing and always made time for our phone calls or routinely stayed later to make sure there was an appointment. Even with our tough diagnosis we have trusted him every step of the way. His nursing staff were also wonderful, they always made us feel welcomed and took the time to explain the next steps.
I was referred to Dr. Gargiulo with a tough diagnosis. During the first appointment he was very frank with my husband and myself to explain the low percentage of having a child with my own eggs. After the first appointment he recommended a large volume of tests to understand why I had diminished ovarian reserve at such a young age. At our second appointment we were told that I had an undiagnosed thyroid antibody that attacked my reproductive system. Dr. Gargiulo understood our deep desire to try anything we could. We started an IVF cycle immediately with the highest dose of medications he could give me. We got to cycle day 24 and my eggs died on their own without maturing. Four months later we tried a different IVF cycle; Lupron Microflare and this cycle only got to day 7 and my hormones were unchanged. After 2 failed cycles Dr. Gargiulo recommended to use Donor eggs. Even through this entire time he was understanding and warm with his approach even with such devastating news. After 2 additional second opinions in Boston from other top IVF providers; we have started the Donor egg process. Both of the second opinions agreed completely with Dr. Gargiulos approach
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Marcia )
Wonderful! The entire staff was wonderful, not just Marcia. They were always on top of what my next steps where. They were all there after each failed cycle and were willing to help us with any resources they needed. We never felt rush at any appointment or never felt like a bother calling with the simplest question.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Copays for Office Visits and Failed IVF procedures.
Describe Antonio Gargiulo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Dr. Gargiulo based the embryo transfer on the patients age and diagnosis. On our first cycle he suggested only 1 embryo transfer. With our second IVF cycle he was going to recommend to the insurance company a 2 embryo transfer due to the rapid decline in my ovarian reserve. We never got to the embryo transfer state though for either cycle.
Stratham
We used Letrozole with timed intercourse followed by progesterone supplementation [with Dr. Ginsburg]...She was very excited for our success and answered all questions thoroughly...Extremely knowledgeable with regard to the latest research. Answered all questions thoroughly and knew what gaps to fill in on our testing before starting treatment... I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy and have PCOS. I am now 15 weeks pregnant from our first cycle on that protocol.
[The nurses at Brigham & Women's Hospital were] Extremely knowledgeable and very quickly responsive!...the nurses not specifying the draw or catching the result as an incorrect one resulted in me going to get a varicella booster that delayed my treatment cycle by a month. I discovered the error a couple of days after the shot through my own research. I didn’t feel that the clinic was especially apologetic or owned up to this mistake and their role in it.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Extremely knowledgeable with regard to the latest research. Answered all questions thoroughly and knew what gaps to fill in on our testing before starting treatment. Came highly recommended from a friend and lived up to what we had heard!
Have all of your questions written down in advance and don’t be afraid to ask them all.
She was very excited for our success and answered all questions thoroughly.
We used Letrozole with timed intercourse followed by progesterone supplementation. I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy and have PCOS. I am now 15 weeks pregnant from our first cycle on that protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Extremely knowledgeable and very quickly responsive!
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I did have one snafu despite very compassionate care... my lab request for varicella titer did not specify which type of draw; written by a nurse and stamped with doctors signature. The lab made a mistake in just choosing which one to draw (one for active infection and not immunity, which I likely have after having chicken pox as a child.) The lab I had my blood drawn at had a big role, but the nurses not specifying the draw or catching the result as an incorrect one resulted in me going to get a varicella booster that delayed my treatment cycle by a month. I discovered the error a couple of days after the shot through my own research. I didn’t feel that the clinic was especially apologetic or owned up to this mistake and their role in it.
Minimal on Letrozole cycle... two ultrasounds, consult, follow up, and meds.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Gargiulo is extremely competent, smart, friendly and compassionate. He spent enough time to answer my questions and listen to my concerns. I always left my appointments with a game plan that I was confident in....At my last transfer I was at the point of exhaustion from years of trying, and was teary. He gave me a reassuring side hug and it meant so much to my husband and I that we had a doctor that cared about his patients so much.
Please don’t hesitate to come to this clinic [Brigham & Women's Hospital], they are amazing to work with. You are greeted by name and with a smile each time you walk in the door. Each nurse you work with knows your history and is very skilled at their job.... All of the nursing and clerical staff were amazing! They greeted me by name and with a smile every day. They were compassionate and very skilled at their jobs.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Gargiulo is extremely competent, smart, friendly and compassionate. He spent enough time to answer my questions and listen to my concerns. I always left my appointments with a game plan that I was confident in. I highly recommend him and his practice.
Make a list of questions and concerns that you have because there is so much that you will learn from the visits that you may forget things.
The doctor was friendly, compassionate and very realistic about my fertility situation. At my last transfer I was at the point of exhaustion from years of trying, and was teary. He gave me a reassuring side hug and it meant so much to my husband and I that we had a doctor that cared about his patients so much. I highly recommend this practice.
I started with cycle dependent IUI, and switched to IVF when those didn’t work. The staff was very accommodating with appointment times and availability for teachings and answering questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Carrie)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Please don’t hesitate to come to this clinic, they are amazing to work with. You are greeted by name and with a smile each time you walk in the door. Each nurse you work with knows your history and is very skilled at their job.
My insurance covered 100 percent of all costs, I was very fortunate.
Due to the small size of my uterus, it was recommended to me that I do a single embryo transfer to avoid complications and or having to possibly make the gut wrenching decision of aborting a multiple. They really had my best interest in mind.