Genetic counseling: Offered
904-260-0352
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brown Fertility to a friend?

7.2

7.1

6.5
4 doctors
2020
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I ended up having my consultation with Dr.Rose via zoom. ... Dr.Rose was incredibly knowledgeable and did a fantastic job of reassuring me that his expertise could be trusted. ... Dr.Rose asked me questions, considered my emotional state as well as physical health, and let me actively participate in the consultation. ... He spent almost 2 hours on the call and maintained such an upbeat positive attitude the entire time. By the end of the consult I felt like he had been my doctor for years and felt very comfortable and excited about establishing with him.
I’ve not been to the clinic [Brown Fertility] in person but scheduling a consult was a very easy process. They always answer phones and we’re very thorough in walking me through the steps involved in the phone consult. Someone even called me 5 mins before my appointment was scheduled to begin just to make sure I was able to connect to the app and see if I needed any help.
2020
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
I ended up having my consultation with Dr.Rose via zoom. This was due to the pandemic but is also a service they regularly offer to patients who are far away from offices. Dr.Rose was incredibly knowledgeable and did a fantastic job of reassuring me that his expertise could be trusted. He spent almost 2 hours on the call and maintained such an upbeat positive attitude the entire time. By the end of the consult I felt like he had been my doctor for years and felt very comfortable and excited about establishing with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
Do not hesitate to ask questions. He was so patient and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bruce Rose used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr.Rose specializes in IVM -invitro maturation. There is not a lot of research on IVM and not a lot of doctors offer this. Dr.Rose felt confident that this would be a good option for me due to my extremely high AMH and risk of OHSS.
I only had email and phone communication with the nurses but they were all friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I’ve not been to the clinic in person but scheduling a consult was a very easy process. They always answer phones and we’re very thorough in walking me through the steps involved in the phone consult. Someone even called me 5 mins before my appointment was scheduled to begin just to make sure I was able to connect to the app and see if I needed any help.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility.
A consultation with Dr.Rose is only $100 if you are self pay. This was very reasonable compared to other clinics. Dr.Rose is the only doctor in the practice to offer IVM, which comes in at under 10k. This treatment isn’t for everyone but obviously a much more affordable alternative to regular IVF if you are a good candidate.
Describe Bruce Rose's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Bruce Rose
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility.

I do feel as though he provided false hope for a "quick" pregnancy. He told us we were an "easy" case and would be pregnant in no longer than 4 months. What a joke. ... Dr. Brown, in our consult, told me to stop taking all my vitamins and metformin ( I have PCOS). I was hesitant but wanted to trust my doctor, so I did. He said he would prescribe me the exact same dosage of Femera as my OBGYN (5 mg) and told me in our consult I would be prescribed dexamethasone as well after I mentioned it.
Only certain locations [Brown Fertility] offer certain procedures so just because they have many locations does not mean you can actually go there. ... You will never have the same nurse and you will probably never see an actual doctor. ... Secretaries who were supposed to return calls and never would ... They have forgotten to call in prescriptions ... Go somewhere else if you want quality care and attentive doctors because that is not the service provided here.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Samuel Brown was great! The one time I saw him that is, at our consult. I do feel as though he provided false hope for a "quick" pregnancy. He told us we were an "easy" case and would be pregnant in no longer than 4 months. What a joke.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
No one ever knew my case or even took a minute to review my file before entering the room. They were misinformed about medication THEY prescribed me and it was always impossible to get in contact with anyone. I think they have too many patients to provide quality care.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Brown, in our consult, told me to stop taking all my vitamins and metformin ( I have PCOS). I was hesitant but wanted to trust my doctor, so I did. He said he would prescribe me the exact same dosage of Femera as my OBGYN (5 mg) and told me in our consult I would be prescribed dexamethasone as well after I mentioned it. When I came in for my first cycle day 3 ultrasound, no one knew what I was talking about and the physicians assistant I saw prescribed me a lower dose of Femera and said there were "no notes" in my chart about dexamethasone so she wouldn't prescribe it. I never saw Dr. Brown again.
At Brown Fertility all you see are nurses and you will most likely never have the same one. I had a total of four different nurses in the only three months I was there and all of them were rude except for one. Of the four nurses I saw, only one took the time to educate my husband and I on what was going on, what they were looking for at each appointment, and things that we could or should be doing to increase our chances of conceiving. I had a nurse come in to do a cycle day scan, say hello, do the scan, say "that's weird" in the middle of the ultrasound, and then leave. She never said what was "weird" not to mention it was incredibly rude. She also brought me out in the hallway to go over our "plan" for that month. Meanwhile, another patients door was wide open and they were doing an internal ultrasound for everyone in the hall to see!!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
My only strength for this clinic would be that they have numerous locations in the southeast which is convenient. Weaknesses would include scheduling as they are not willing to schedule appointments later than 8:45 for cycle day scans so you are out of luck it you live far away. We woke up at 4 am just to get there on time. They will not remember anything about you every single time you visit. Nothing. You will have to give your infertility story every time. If you need to call for any reason, you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes if you're lucky and even then they will most likely have to call you back which, big surprise, they won't. You will have to call them back again and again. It is a vicious cycle. Only certain locations offer certain procedures so just because they have many locations does not mean you can actually go there. Make sure you check. You will never have the same nurse and you will probably never see an actual doctor. If this bothers you, you can try to request that your appointments be scheduled with the same nurse. This can't always happen as certain nurses are not available on certain days, but you can try. My only advise to anyone considering Brown Fertility would be to go into it with a lot of patience because you're going to need it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
Well we have Tricare which covers anything having to do with natural conception. However, we were told IUI would be $500 which doesn't include the cost of cycle day scans ( $250 each scan ) or medication that would no longer be covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
They have forgotten to call in prescriptions, failed to tell us we would not be able to go to certain locations for treatment, have scheduled us for their locations that we could not have cycle day scans at only to tell us the day of they we needed to go to another location even after telling them we drove 2 and a half hours just to get there and they had done our scans there before. We were told they only did them there for us before "out of convenience". What?! We had plenty of nurses with poor bedside manners. Secretaries who were supposed to return calls and never would or put notes in my chart for nurses that were never there. I could honestly go on and on.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Other
He [Dr. Brown] was very personable and would include the spouses in the conversations a lot. ... I'm far more of a realistic person and he's very optimistic which I'm sure most appreciated, but I preferred to hear it straight. ... I appreciated that he was willing to be as aggressive as I was willing to be. To the point the last cycle protocol was one I developed.
Emily, the NP who does most of the monitoring is amazing. Kristina responds to emails super quick. Jennifer as well. All the nurse assistants are amazing too and cheered me on and let me cry on shoulders a few times. ... Biggest weakness [of Brown Fertility] would be batching, but even with my diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), we managed to make it work to even do estrogen priming one time.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I do feel he promised the moon and then when it fell flat, the viewpoint wasn't entirely adjusted. I'm far more of a realistic person and he's very optimistic which I'm sure most appreciated, but I preferred to hear it straight. As time went on he caught on and his approach switched and we was more forward and blunt about realistic chances. He was very personable, remembered personal details and our appointments were never rushed. That did lead to long wait times, but as frustrating as that could be, I'd be more frustrated if I was rushed. My longest appointment with him was 2.5 hours where we hashed out all the details. My husband liked him a lot. He was very personable and would include the spouses in the conversations a lot. Face to face he was always great. The downside is that there's no direct contact with him not face to face. I understand why, but it can be frustrating at times when it's an answer only he can give. Though the nurses usually had my answer by end of day.
Ask him to be realistic about your odds and chances. He can be a bit too optimistic and it can leave you reeling when it doesn't work out that way.
The first cycle I felt a bit more like a number (many women experience first cycle success), but with the failure for any eggs to fertilize it was he who called me with that news instead of a nurse which I respected. With each subsequent cycle we've become even more acquainted and he really respected my opinion and research. I appreciated that he was willing to be as aggressive as I was willing to be. To the point the last cycle protocol was one I developed.
Oh boy. I've done 3 IUIs and 5 retrievals so this is long. All 5 were antagonist. IUI # 1 – August 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 9  1 follicle, Negative IUI # 2 – October 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 12  1 follicle, Negative IUI # 3 – November 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 12  2 follicles, Negative Retrieval #1 – January/Feb 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 11 days BCP • Stims (9 days): o Gonal F: 4 days 225iu, 1 day 175iu, 2 days 150iu, 2 days 175iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 7-8 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 4: 563; E2 day 7: 1152  Results: • Retrieved 4, all appeared mature, all degenerated at fertilization o Unable to access left ovary at retrieval • Nothing to transfer Retrieval #2 – March/April 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 10 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 11 days 300iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 8-11 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 231; E2 Day 8: 802  Results: • Retrieved 11, all appeared mature • 4 fertilized, 7 appeared healthy/DNF • 2 day 5 blastocyst, 1 day 6 blastocyst o Fresh transfer of 1 failed FET # 1 – July 2018  BCP for 2 months (partially for Lap); Lupron 28 days; Estriadol, 5 days PIO before transfer (100mg/2mL)  Negative beta Retrieval #3 – August/September 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 23 days Estrogen (2mg 2x day) & Provera final 3 • Stims (12 days): o Gonal F: 12 days 325iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 8-12 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 6: 246; E2 day 9: 622; E2 day 12: 1367  Results: • Retrieved 9, 7 mature • 5 fertilized, 2 appeared healthy/DNF (lead follicles we sacrificed) • 3 day 3 embryos (2ea 8cell, 1ea 4 cell) o Fresh transfer of 3 failed Retrieval #4 – October/November 2018 – USED DONOR SPERM  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 11 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 2 days 400iu, 7 days 350iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 9-11 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 282; E2 day 7: 468; E2 day 9: 1018; E2 day 12 (trigger day): 1811  Results: • Retrieved 7, 5 mature • 3 fertilized, 2 appeared healthy/DNF • 3 day 3 embryos (1ea 8cell, 2ea 4cell) o Fresh transfer of 3 failed Retrieval #5 - January - March 2019  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 6 weeks prior to stims 38 units of omnitrope daily; 10 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 11 days 300iu o Menopur: 11 days 150iu o Cetrotide: Day 7-11 o HGH: 38 units continued through trigger day. • Trigger: 2ea Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 386; E2 day 7: 512; E2 day 9: 1090; E2 day 12 (trigger day): 1960  Results: • Retrieved 12, 9 mature • 4 fertilized, 5 appeared healthy/DNF • 4 day 5 blasts o Fresh transfer of 2 successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina & Jennifer)
They are all pretty wonderful women. Emily, the NP who does most of the monitoring is amazing. Kristina responds to emails super quick. Jennifer as well. All the nurse assistants are amazing too and cheered me on and let me cry on shoulders a few times. I can't complain about them at all.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Biggest weakness would be batching, but even with my diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), we managed to make it work to even do estrogen priming one time. The other is monitoring. They do schedule more than one person at each time slot and if someone is taking up more time with lots of questions it does push the times back. They do start people on different days and you aren't forced into a certain retrieval day either, just within a certain week though if you go earlier or end up later they will make it work instead of jinxing your cycle. The strength is most everything is up to date and well taken care of. The clinic (both locations) is clean and well kept. Also HGTV is on in the waiting rooms all the time (which is amazing, my fave). They have a good system in place and with a few tweaks it could be a pretty amazing system.
The costs on the website are pretty spot on. We weren't really hit with any surprise fees. It's all included in the costs except for the cycle initiation fee $375 and anesthesia $350.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
He starts with and recommends an eSET unless you're doing a day 3 transfer, multiple failures, or older. He will not balk at doing more than 1 after a failed transfer. We transferred 1 blast, 2 blast, 3 day 3, 3 day 3, 2 blast.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Most of the wrong things were human error and one was a system. They were switching to a new records system when I was requesting my records sent over, but when I called about it, I did get my records sent to me and the other clinic. The right tests didn't get sent once, but we were ordering somewhere around 35 tests at one time, so it's a pretty understandable error and quickly corrected. One time was the lab actually lost it versus the clinic. Another was once given a different instruction than I was before, but that happened only once in about 50+ visits so I consider it a pretty good success rate.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The first day I met Dr. Brown, I thought he was amazing....My IVF cycle was a complete fail for the “perfect patient.” I only had 5 follicles at the last ultrasound appointment and I was very concerned. My husband and I expressed our concern, and Dr. Brown assured us this number was great and we had nothing to worry about. We were hesitant to move forward, for fear we wouldn’t get any embryos and would loose all of our money.
I felt like a number in this practice [Brown Fertility], when they told me they take 40 girls at a time, and you have to “pay” to reserve your spot. Also it’s like a cattle call on retrieval and transfer days.... I saw Dr. Brown only twice, and he didn’t show up to do the transfer, even though he told my husband he would be doing it. They have too many patients and you’re just one out of 40.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
The first day I met Dr. Brown, I thought he was amazing. He was charming and charismatic and overall impressive. He told me I was “the perfect patient and I would 100% get pregnant.” I believed him. It’s hard not to, when he seems so sure of himself. I thought his rates were amazing, but now when I look on the CDC, they don’t match. My IVF cycle was a complete fail for the “perfect patient.” I only had 5 follicles at the last ultrasound appointment and I was very concerned. My husband and I expressed our concern, and Dr. Brown assured us this number was great and we had nothing to worry about. We were hesitant to move forward, for fear we wouldn’t get any embryos and would loose all of our money. Well, the whole retrieval and transfer process was a mess. I only ended up with 1 embryo to transfer, yet Dr Brown said that was great. He surely knew that wasn’t true, and a pregnancy wasn’t likely. Yet he kept promising. He wasn’t there on transfer day when he specifically told my husband he would be there that Saturday. We never saw him again. Dr Brown had run my FSH, and never disclosed that it was way out of range, and indicative of premature ovarian failure. My new doctor who got my records from him pointed that out. Dr Brown basically just kept promising a baby and how great everything looked, when they wasn’t the case. I don’t blame him for my poor medical response...but for the emotional wreckage he caused by completely misleading us. He didn’t want us to cancel our cycle before he got his money. He didn’t do his job and present information correctly and honestly. I’m sure for some women, he’s great. But for anyone with endometriosis...find another doctor who actually looks at the individual and doesn’t just plug you into the group of 40 women he does at a time.
Find another doctor. Don’t go to him, because he is not all the way honest with results and success rates.
I felt like a number in this practice, when they told me they take 40 girls at a time, and you have to “pay” to reserve your spot. Also it’s like a cattle call on retrieval and transfer days. One girl after the next, in and out of the OR. You can hear the nurses calling out bed numbers and changing the OR out after each person is done. I saw Dr. Brown only twice, and he didn’t show up to do the transfer, even though he told my husband he would be doing it. They have too many patients and you’re just one out of 40.
The nursing staff seemed nice, but not amazing. You never see the same person twice. You don’t have an official IVF nurse assigned to you. When I reached out to the one I had an email for, the response wasn’t super helpful. And when I got a negative result, a nurse I had never heard from called me to break the news.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths- Its a pretty clinic. Nice buildings and decor. The clinic seems organized. Weaknesses- it’s a cattle call. Too many patients. 40 each month doing IVf. It’s not personalized at all. You will barely see the doctor. Retrieval and transfer is one patient after he next in and out. And you will find out how many embryos make it if they are slow growing, but a ridiculous postcard TWO weeks later. It was heartbreaking to get a negative pregnancy test, and not know if we had any more embryos left. They wouldn’t tell you over email or the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brown Fertility.
Monitoring appointments ran behind. I always waited an hour each time. Yet my turn didn’t take more than 5 minutes. The wait time didn’t bother me, but it just felt like a cattle call.
I didn’t have any issues with billing. Our cycle was around $9,000. A complete waste of money.

4 IUI, 5 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Cabrera is very good and professional I wished all clinic would change my meds according to how I respond each cycle instead of keep using same meds. He does all the Ultrasound and all visit except egg retrieval or transfer. Depend on who’s on call that time [at Brown Fertility]. I wished he would do all my retrieval and transfer since he know me when I visit for blood works and ultrasound
I feel that their [Brown Fertility] communication should be better. ... Embryologist don’t introduce himself and I get a card in a mail 2 weeks latter to know how many embryos freezing is not the way of communication I like. But that’s how they do it at this clinics ... I feel that they don’t tell me much when I go for blood test or ultrasound. For example they don’t tell me what blood test they doing or the results. And ultrasound how many follicles I have and the size.
4 IUI, 5 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Cabrera is very good and professional I wished all clinic would change my meds according to how I respond each cycle instead of keep using same meds. He does all the Ultrasound and all visit except egg retrieval or transfer. Depend on who’s on call that time. I wished he would do all my retrieval and transfer since he know me when I visit for blood works and ultrasound
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I wished he would explained what he saw on ultrasound and how big my follicles or how many I have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Sometime he’s more personal then other time the group treat me like a number. I do feel all Fertilty clinics that I go to doesn’t really look at my history just my age
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
My protocol is Gonal F and Hcg with centrotide for all cycles Not sure what’s the rationale but HCg help my egg to mature
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ivie)
I have a few nurses some send me cycle calendar some does teaching Everyone are professionals and nice.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I feel that their communication should be better. I get a calendar and said if I have any questions please call. I feel that they don’t tell me much when I go for blood test or ultrasound. For example they don’t tell me what blood test they doing or the results. And ultrasound how many follicles I have and the size. Embryologist don’t introduce himself and I get a card in a mail 2 weeks latter to know how many embryos freezing is not the way of communication I like. But that’s how they do it at this clinics
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brown Fertility.
I get all my time I request. Scheduling is good
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
Retrieval cost about $11000 and medicines is about $4000-8000
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Brown would re-introduce himself to us during retrieval and transfers and there was never a sense of having a good relationship or bedside manners for his patients. ... You do not see Dr. Brown on a regular basis either. ... failed to diagnose me correctly with silent endometriosis, instead labeling us as "unexplained with PCO like ovaries". ... It was devastating to miscarry but also to have a doctor we had never seen before perform the ultrasound and confirm the miscarriage for us. It was very uncomfortable.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
A big downside to his office is their scheduling. They schedule multiple patients for the same time slots so the wait is often long, even with an appointment time. You do not see Dr. Brown on a regular basis either. It was devastating to miscarry but also to have a doctor we had never seen before perform the ultrasound and confirm the miscarriage for us. It was very uncomfortable.
Only patients with easy cases seem to succeed at Dr. Brown's office. He is very money hungry and there is a huge lack of personalization. I would not suggest going to this office.
Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose, both treated us during our IVM cycle. Being experimental, we knew IVM was not 100% chance of success. Although the transfer was not a success, we decided to move forward with IVF with Dr. Brown. During our IVF cycle, we had constant long wait times and realized he batch cycles patients. He requires a $375 non-refundable deposit for each cycle and that amount does not include the total cycle cost. We ended up paying out of pocket due to his insurance/finance coordinators incorrectly explaining what our insurance did and did not cover to us. We also paid out of pocket for medications because the finance team failed to explain that I had insurance coverage via CVS for medications. The doctors failed to diagnose me correctly with silent endometriosis, instead labeling us as "unexplained with PCO like ovaries". Since this office batch cycles, you do not receive an individualized treatment protocol and are forced to have appointments, retrievals and transfers on the same days as the other patients in that month's cycle. Dr. Brown would re-introduce himself to us during retrieval and transfers and there was never a sense of having a good relationship or bedside manners for his patients.
For our IVM cycle, we were given femara for 5 days and then retrieved the eggs in an immature state, allowing the embryologist to mature them in the lab pre-fertilization. I was put on oral estrogen and progesterone in oil injections the month leading up to transfer and post transfer. For our IVF cycle, I used gonal f injections along with lo dose hcg, estrogen and progesterone.
The nursing staff could care less about the patients and day-to-day office operations. After our second loss at this office, I told the IVF Nurse that I was going to pursue a consultation with another local clinic and was simply told "Good luck".
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The only positive of this office is their two conveniently located office locations. This office is not where you want to be treated when going through infertility and the tough journey of it all. They are disorganized as well. I once had an email from the finance coordinator that was an excel spreadsheet of ALL patients cycling that month, including their personal information such as full names, insurance companies, contact information, etc. This was a HUGE HIPPA violation. When I expressed via email that I do not believe I was supposed to receive this, the coordinator simply shrugged it off. This is not an office that will care for you as a human being.
Dr. Brown charges around $9,000 for an IVF cycle plus the medicine, which is paid directly to the pharmacy. Anesthesia and other things can be separate costs.
Jacksonville

Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment...When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion...They are not professional...They have messed up appointments and billing several times...I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible...She [nurse at Brown Fertility] answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment. Anytime we had a question or wanted to speak with him we had to pay our co pay of 60 dollars. When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated. Also I think he should remember and not ask the patient to. When we did the Laparoscopy both tubes were actually open. We had a five minute appointment with him and that was it. For IVF I saw him once for one ultrasound. It was about 2 mins after waiting 45. They had done 38 IVF in one cycle.
I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible.
The wait times were never under 30-45 minutes. I spent a total of 30 minutes total if that with Dr.Brown since beginning treatment. The doctor who came to do my egg retrieval and transfer was a man I never met and he did not know me or my situation. I did not feel like he cared. When we were there to do the transfer we only had two embryos left and out of no where he goes I would go ahead and transfer both even though for your age we only do one because you might have poor ovarian reserve. I had never heard that before and he didn't even have my chart. So he added all this worry and without any facts. Luckily the embryologist spoke up and said to just transfer one due to it not increasing chances (only 5 percent) and being more of a risk. No one ever called to follow up unless it was to ask for more money.
For my IUIs I was on low dose Femara. I would have 2 ultrasounds. One baseline. One to check progress. Trigger with Ovidrel. Then IUI 36 hours later. For IVF I was on the lowest doses of Gonal F and HCG after a Baseline ultrasound. Next ultrasound to check progress I was cancelled due to over response. I had to go back on birth control again and be scheduled the next month. He lowered the dose of Gonal F. I did Cetrotide for 3 days until I triggered with Ovidrel. Also baby aspirin whole cycle. Then after retrieval progesterone and estridol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Maor)
She answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion. They are money hungry. They are not professional. They are difficult to work with. They are not flexible. They have no empathy.
60 co pay to see doctor or ask a question 250 per ultrasound 500 per IUI 9k for IVF not including medication. Not including mock transfer. Not including blood work. Not including storing frozen embryos. Not including anesthesia
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
They have messed up appointments and billing several times.

2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." .. He did a donor egg cycle. It was pretty basic and no special protocols were used...Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient.
The nurse [at Brown Fertility] assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion... My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her...I felt like I was in a baby making factory. The wait time for appointments was ridiculous, the care was "one size fits all", and the staff was rude and disorganized.
2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient. He never got specific with my treatment plans and I felt like he gave me a "one size fits all" protocol.
Go to a different doctor.
The office was always crowded. Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." There is no personal attention at this office. Everyone is a number. They even make everyone start meds at the same time each month so that all the retrievals and transfers are in the same week.
The nurse assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion since you are dealing with women who already have been through a grief of not using their own eggs and a loss of biological connection. My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her. After my cycle I got an email from her that said "so I just got back in town.. did you get a positive pregnancy test?" I had already been to the clinic and received a negative blood test. All she had to do was check my chart. Then on my second donor egg cycle that failed, another nurse said to me when she called to give me my negative results "I don't know why it didn't work. We have very high success rates with donor egg. " They were always quick to reference their high success rates but I never received great care or saw positive results.!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The cycles were s but more expensive than the other clinics in the area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The nurse messed up my medicination cycle with the donor. I caught the mistake and alerted her but I don't know if it was too late to affect the cycle. Both transfers resulted in a negative pregnancy test.

2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing...Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it...
[Brown Fertility] Strengths: The procedure room was large enough to allow for my husband to come in for my transfers. Weaknesses: Too busy. Too many patients to be able to give personal care to everyone. The receptionist asked me for money every time I checked in even though I was completely covered by insurance and I told her this every time. At some point you would think a note would be made on my account or something.
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing. One time, he was so eager to get in and out of an exam with me that he opened the door while I was still changing and rather than close the door and wait he held it mostly closed and impatiently stood outside it asking "Ready yet?"
Go somewhere else.
The entire process felt like I was in a baby farm. From the over crowded waiting room to the money demanding receptionists. Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it. It turned out later that I have poor egg quality and could have avoided 4 emotionally draining, expensive and ultimately useless embryo transfers. I left that practice feeling like I wasted a year of my life with a dr who didn't really care about me as an individual but rather as a potential number in a record book.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
The nurses were ok. They were always busy and rushing which is not surprising considering the ridiculous number of patients waiting every time I was there. I have difficult veins to drawn from so most nurses have to use my hands and I left every time with hideous bruises.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
There were multiple times that I came in for a scheduled and verified appointment only to be told when I checked in that I didn't have an appointment on the schedule. This is not acceptable with IVF when everything is time sensitive.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr Brown is very honest and compassionate. I felt like he explained everything thoroughly and was open with expectations. I felt cared for and that he really wanted the best for me. His knowledge was great and he was always on time and kind... I was on birth control for 8 weeks prior to beginning cycle. I did not produce many eggs (3) and was discovered I have diminished ovarian reserve. Only 2 of the eggs were mature and both fertilized with ICSI. I had embryo transfer on day 3 with a 4 cell and an 8 cell embryo. I took Crinone suppositories and Estradiol daily after embryo transfer.
The front desk [at Brown Fertility] is fairly organized. The appointments ran mostly on time. They would let you know if your upcoming appointment would be long and to bring a book. Everyone was friendly...The nursing staff were very thorough and would respond to emails immediately. They were always positive and uplifting and organized.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and he will answer them.
I felt Dr. Brown took his time with you and explained in detail. Also, he had a positive attitude.
I did stims for 12 days. I started with 225 of Gonal-F and 20mcg of hcg for the first 4 days. On day 5 I was upped to 300 of Gonal-F. Cetrotide was introduced on day 10. I triggered with Ovidrel. I was on birth control for 8 weeks prior to beginning cycle. I did not produce many eggs (3) and was discovered I have diminished ovarian reserve. Only 2 of the eggs were mature and both fertilized with ICSI. I had embryo transfer on day 3 with a 4 cell and an 8 cell embryo. I took Crinone suppositories and Estradiol daily after embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The front desk is fairly organized. The appointments ran mostly on time. They would let you know if your upcoming appointment would be long and to bring a book. Everyone was friendly
IVF cycle 9,000 Medications 2,000
I was only to transfer one embryo but due to 3 day transfer and one embryo stalling we decided to transfer both the 8 cell and 4 cell embryo

IUI, 2 IVF
We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and Dr. Brown always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. My only regret is that Dr. Brown is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself...With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.
Jacksonville

Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect...He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details...He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details...Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions.
[Brown Fertility] Clean very warm and friendly...Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Refael Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect....Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions. He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect.
He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clean very warm and friendly
Jacksonville

Dr Cabrera said I could have 3 transferred but he did not communicate that to his partner doing the transfer so only 2 were transferred....Initially, during my consultation he was friendly but after my payment for IVF I became just a number...I had concerns about implantation success and was always wondering if my progesterone levels were ok but I got no answers on that.
The IVF nurse was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and she showed care and concern for me as a patient. I liked having her be part of my treatment team [at Brown Fertility]. The medical assistants were also very friendly and seemed to really care...They do not offer screening tests to increase selection of the best embryos. It is interesting that they offer gender selection but not a test that would increase pregnancy success.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
He did not individualize my care, therefore my chances for success were decreased. Specifically, during my first IVF cycle the gonal f was at max dose and he never adjusted it despite each visit saying my follicles were growing very fast. As a result, my follicles grew too big, too fast and although we still retrieved 6, I could have had over 12 retrieved and would not have needed to do another IVF cycle for more follicles if the medication was adjusted during my visits prior to retrieval. He told me after the chemical pregnancy that it must be my embryos. When I said the grading from the embryologist showed good embryos he said "that grading does not mean anything" He also said what is important is what is inside the embryo and said "there is no way to tell what happening inside" I now know that PGT-A testing would have allowed me to know which embryos to transfer but they don't offer that test and as a result you can see the stats that show very, very poor success with women over 37 treated at Brown fertility. He did not communicate with Dr Bruce Rose who did my transfer. The first transfer he only transferred 2 embryos even though we agreed to do 3. The second IVF cycle Dr Rose said 2 minutes before the transfer that he did not agree with transferring 3 and he strongly recommended against it. He also said "I can get any woman pregnant" The cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr Cabrera lost his temper with me when talking to me the day the nurse called to tell me the results were negative. He was extremely arrogant and never once said I'm sorry. Instead he said " I did not do anything wrong and I did not guarantee you anything" I was shocked. At that point I knew I would never return and no matter how much they charge me to transfer my embryos I would do that rather than work with Brown fertility doctors again.
For the reasons I detailed above, I would say do not go here. Even if you have to wait for a few months for an appointment somewhere else. There is a reason for that. He says what you want to hear and once that payment is received there are no refunds. After the cycle ends you will never hear from them again.
Initially, during my consultation he was friendly but after my payment for IVF I became just a number. After I talked with the doctor who referred me to Dr Cabrera, he changed completely and treated me like a human.
He used the same protocol he uses for all IVF patients at this clinic. I had concerns about implantation success and was always wondering if my progesterone levels were ok but I got no answers on that. Also, I think the most important thing I learned after doing my own research after the 2nd failed fresh IVF cycle is that a frozen cycle would have allowed him to make sure my lining was optimal for implantation. I also found out that the other clinics in my area rarely do fresh cycles anymore especially after a failed fresh cycle. That type of change in protocol is a critical change that based on everything I have read including this fertility site would have increased my chance for success dramatically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ivie IVF nurse)
The IVF nurse was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and she showed care and concern for me as a patient. I liked having her be part of my treatment team. The medical assistants were also very friendly and seemed to really care.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clinic strengths- they see a lot of patients so you can get an appointment easily for a consultation. The support staff and nurses are really good. Clinic weaknesses- The doctor does not care. Once the money is paid and the cycle is over its on to the next one. After someone spends so much money they would expect some contact after a failed cycle. They do not follow standard protocols, the outdated protocols are likely why my cycle failed. They do not offer screening tests to increase selection of the best embryos. It is interesting that they offer gender selection but not a test that would increase pregnancy success. That would make any patient think it's all about making money. The screening tests would lead to less cycles and therefore decreased profits.
I spent about 35,000 dollars here over 4 months. This included 2 IVF cycles and the over priced medications from SMP pharmacy in Miami for each of those cycles. It also includes the anesthesia costs and hotel costs because the procedures are done in Jacksonville not Orlando.
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Dr Cabrera said I could have 3 transferred but he did not communicate that to his partner doing the transfer so only 2 were transferred. During my second IVF cycle it was made clear we would do 3 and again 2 were transferred. No apology and no explanation was given.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The failure to treat me as an individual affected my chance for success. Not having the same doctor monitor me and perform the procedure contributed to not getting enough embryos the first time and also transferring the wrong number of embryos both times.

2017 - 2019
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues.
The doctors and nurses [Brown Fertility] were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.... Ivf cycle was $10,000... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail..............................................................................................................................
The doctors and nurses were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.
I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues. 14 of my eggs were retrieved and 7 embryos made it to day 5 and were frozen. A singleton was transferred on day 5 and I am now 14 weeks pregnant from my first cycle.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Ivf cycle was $10,000
Jacksonville

We met with Dr. Cabrera for our consult and appointment for results on labs, He is very nice and takes his time to explain information. It is too early to thoroughly review him as we have not started treatment....You have to be ready with questions. He does take his time and explain but I noticed we had to ask about vitamins and procedures and what are the next steps.
Nice office, seems to be busy. They [Brown Fertility] have a class that you take with a nurse to discuss finance and the process. It is $100 and only valid for 90 days... The Siemen analysis was $195 Consultation was $100-$150 Bloodwork and Genetic testing seemed to be covered under my insurance... When doing genetic testing they let you know that you will be contacted if something is positive but that leaves you wondering when you do not hear a response.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Cabrera was very easy to talk to, I did not feel rushed during our consultation. We felt comfortable speaking with him and asking questions
We have major male factor infertility and I have a low AMH. Dr. Cabrera recommended IVF with ICSI.
Not enough interaction with nursing staff to rate, I did have an issue with an appointment that was scheduled with the main office but not entered and when I arrived I did not have an appointment. I was able to see the doctor but now I v verify my appointments since this office is an our away for me
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Nice office, seems to be busy. They have a class that you take with a nurse to discuss finance and the process. It is $100 and only valid for 90 days (I believe the quote is ) I am having to wait 6 months to start IVF because of a medical procedure I had done (I have to wait a year) I was a little disappointed that I could not get an exact amount upfront now. I was thankful that a nurse reviewed my file and noticed that I would not be starting IVF until later during the year and explained the 90 day expiration and having to retake the class if I did it this early.
During our first consultation, Dr. Cabrera said that we would transfer 1 embryo because of my age (34) but once my results came that showed a very low AMH he said we would only retrieve 5-6 eggs and that he would suggest 2
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
When doing genetic testing they let you know that you will be contacted if something is positive but that leaves you wondering when you do not hear a response. I called the office to see if my results where in and they said ''Yes'' and that I would have to get the results from the doctor. When I arrived at my appointment the nurse was surprised and said I did not need an appointment that everything was negative.
Orlando

It took a few visits for Dr. Cabrera to "warm up", but through the stim process I realized how invested he was in our success. He is a man of few words, unless you engage and ask questions. If you speak up he is more than willing to spend the time explaining.... My protocol first called for 225 units of Gonal-F and 20 units of hCG daily. Through the course of stims we lowered the Gonal-F to 175 units and ultimately raised it again to 250 units. Dr. Cabrera closely monitored my US's and bloodwork and made adjustments as necessary.
Everyone at the Orlando office was friendly and helpful anytime we called or visited. We feel that they are just as invested in a successful take home baby! They only weakness became apparent after egg retrieval.... Most IVF patients get a fertilization update, day 3 update and a day 5 update. All as phone calls or emails. I didn't receive any of those and became very frustrated. I reached out to my nurse to explain the frustration and was told unfortunately that's their procedure
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Engage him and he will respond!
Brown Fertility did a great job providing personalized care - from the nursing staff to Dr. Cabrera. They took their time and never made me feel like they were rushing to get through my appointment and on to the next. During stims we had six appointments leading up to egg retrieval and each appointment Dr. Cabrera opened up more and more and you could tell he felt invested. He traveled to Jacksonville to perform my egg retrieval and was generous with his time that day by stopping by before the procedure to see how I was feeling. Due to the number of eggs retrieved and the risk of OHSS he decided it would not be safe to proceed with a fresh transfer as planned. I felt throughout the whole process he was concerned with ultimately creating healthy embryos and a take home baby, but my health and well being as well. When we had out FET training a few weeks post ER we ran into him and he was genuinely concerned with how I was feeling. It felt good to know that he remembered me and I wasn't a name on his long list of patients.
My protocol first called for 225 units of Gonal-F and 20 units of hCG daily. Through the course of stims we lowered the Gonal-F to 175 units and ultimately raised it again to 250 units. Dr. Cabrera closely monitored my US's and bloodwork and made adjustments as necessary. Ovidrel was used as my trigger shot. I was on 12 days of stims, triggered on day 13 and retrieval took place on day 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Maria 'Mena' Frey )
Our nurse Mena was assigned our case from day one and has literally held my hand through all of the ups and downs. She has showed so much compassion and frankly went above and beyond when I had crazy questions. She never once acted as if I was bothering her. I always felt like I was her only patient. It realized so much anxiety knowing that she knew us and our case.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone at the Orlando office was friendly and helpful anytime we called or visited. We feel that they are just as invested in a successful take home baby! They only weakness became apparent after egg retrieval. We originally planned to do a fresh transfer, but due to the risk of OHSS we had to freeze all. After ER, while still coming out of anesthesia, they told me how many eggs were retrieved and mentioned I would receive a call in two days with a fertilization update. ER was on a Friday and the call came on Sunday around 7:30am just as promised. I was told that 22 had fertilized and 9 looked to be growing appropriately. I asked when I would receive the next update and was told to try to wait to call back until the following Friday as the Embryologist would be busy with fresh transfers that coming week. I patiently waited and call first thing that next Friday. When I called in I was told the information wasn't available. I would receive a card in the mail in two weeks with the requested information. That seemed absurd to me, so I took to a FB IVF Support Group to ask if this was the norm. Remember I hadn't planned to do a FET so I wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting. Turns out I wasn't. Most IVF patients get a fertilization update, day 3 update and a day 5 update. All as phone calls or emails. I didn't receive any of those and became very frustrated. I reached out to my nurse to explain the frustration and was told unfortunately that's their procedure and until the Embryologist inputs the information into their system the nurses don't have access to the information. After a emails and calls, someone was able to get our embryo info and called me back. I don't know if it was the hormones or the fact that I felt like me went through so much and I just wanted to know if it was all worth it. Did we have anything to freeze at the end! The clinic did recognize that their process is flawed. Most patients would not be willing to wait for an embryo update to be sent in the mail two weeks post ER. I hope this something they are working to revise.
We paid $8995 for our first IVF cycle, that did not include the trial transfer ($300), anesthesia ($300) for the egg retrieval or the first round of medications ($4500). In total we paid $14,095. Since we weren't able to do a fresh transfer we have to pay $1000 for the FET conversion and $500 for additional medications. In total we will have spent $15,595. This includes one year of storage fees for our frozen embryos. We did not do PGS/PGD testing.
Brown Fertility highly recommends single embryo transfer, especially for a fresh transfer and anyone 30 or younger. They do allow two embryo transfers during a FET or patients over 35.
Orlando

We first went in for male infertility. She [Dr. Hollins] explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. ... IUI- ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts. 5 days of femara (starting on day 2 of cycle). 2nd ultrasound to make sure follicles looked good. Overdril trigger shot. IUI procedure completed by RNP.
When I was getting bloodwork done before selecting a sperm donor, a CMV test was not ordered. ... The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room [Brown Fertility] and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
We first went in for male infertility. She explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. I got bloodwork done and the office would not go over it with me over the phone, I had to make a consultation appointment which was expensive. The one test I wanted to get the results for wasn't ordered so I left without that result.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
She would explain things very rushed sometimes leaving my husband and I confuse or with questions. The appointment would go so quickly I would forget my questions and then not have access to ask questions after. She was very nice and my husband felt comfortable with her.
Describe the protocols Lori Hollins used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Opdycke)
Very pleased with the two nurses and nurse practitioner I worked closely with.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
At the Baptist South location, the lady that you check in with is cold and does not have a warm personality. The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility.
IUI costed $1,000 for one round, not including the fertility drugs.
Lori Hollins
Orlando

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Hes [Dr. Samuel Brown] very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
They [the nurses at Brown Fertility- Orlando] are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Hell answer all your questions if you get to meet with him, unfortuntaley hes very busy but one time I had a question he even called me back on christmas day which is very kind. Sometime I dont think he looked at the paperwork of the patient hes about to talk to but that's understandable as hes got so many. He actually seems he cares. He had high hopes for me by the way he talked and was honest.
Keep in mind hes very busy so you might have to remind him what's your diagnosis and the time you get with him cause your mainly with the nurses and such and hes just busy. All seriously hes honest and kind. So he will care about you and answer your question. You will have someone that wants to get you pregnant.
He looked at me, answered all my questions,asked about my life, was kind,sense of humanity.
I had so many it's hard to remember. Hes very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
They are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I wouldnt change anything about the nurses. My dr maybe being able to email him or something if you had questions only he could answer or wanted to talk to him but that's what the nurses are for. He explains, answers,comunicates,kind and caring.
Hes cost were the most affordable. I think it was under 16k for ivf.
I was 30 when I transferred and because of that I could only do one plus because of my age he had high Hope's I wish I could of done more but when I do my fet he will let me do two which is good.

2017 - 2019
[Dr. Samuel Brown] Start with the least invasive. Used Femara for my first three IUI treatments with increasing dosages to produce follicles. We switched to Gonal-F for the final IUI when I didn’t respond to Femara. Used ovidrel trigger shot each time. IVF used Gonal, HCG, and a third injection to get mature follicles for 12 days.... Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
They [Brown Fertility- Orlando] often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.... All of the nurses I saw were amazing! They were there to offer support when a treatment failed and you showed up for another round. Compassion was definitely not lacking.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown sells you the dream of being a parent. From the first time you meet him and go over your options for treatments he is assuring you that it will work. I had my first meeting and he told me that he wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant that month, unfortunately IUI didn’t work for me. I had four failed attempts and we moved to IVF. We were successful on our first round of IVF with a fresh embryo. We are currently preparing to do our first frozen embryo transfer.
Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
When I met with Dr. Brown he always remembered details we had talked about previously and had a positive attitude towards my treatment. His nurses were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.
Insurance didn’t cover any of our treatments. Each monitoring US was $250, and IUI was $500. So roughly $1000 for each round of IUI. IVF was about $9000 plus the cost of medication for both.
We only transferred one fresh embryo because of my age. We have the option of one or two frozen embryos.

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Brown] was a very good communicator and was very knowledgeable. He is good at changing protocols if something didn’t work. He does seem to underplay the risks and focuses more on the outcomes. But he was very blunt and direct which I liked but others may find harsh....Dr brown said because I had DOR he would consider transferring 2 embryos, however we ultimately decided to do 1. If this cycle doesn’t work we will do PGS and transfer 1
I love the nursing staff! They [Brown Fertility] are very good at communication and are all very good at making me feel comfortable....We planned to PGS test the embryos and paid the fee of $4000. However, 3 weeks later we were told there was a lab fee of $2000 additional, which was never conveyed to us. We simply could not afford to pay $6000 plus our cycle cost all at the same time. Therefore, we asked to cancel the PGS...and were told they didn’t know if we would get a refund. After many back and forth phone calls with the billing team we finally got our refund.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He was a very good communicator and was very knowledgeable. He is good at changing protocols if something didn’t work. He does seem to underplay the risks and focuses more on the outcomes. But he was very blunt and direct which I liked but others may find harsh.
Come with a list of questions. Be prepared to wait. You won’t see him at every visit.
Long wait times for short visits, which often felt rushed. That being said, Dr. Brown always remembered me and did give good information when we spoke with him
First stim cycle we were on final 200. I had low follicle counts and final was increased. The cycle was ultimately cancelled as I only had 2-3 follicles. Next cycle we started with final 450 and had much better results, retrieved 14 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina and Tonya)
I love the nursing staff! They are very good at communication and are all very good at making me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Long wait times. Spend most of the time with true nurses and not much face to face with the doctor. The nurses are wonderful. The billing team needs some work, often times could not answer my questions and every cost sheet was wrong and had to be updated.
Cycle cost $4000, meds $2000-3000 on average
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
We planned to PGS test the embryos and paid the fee of $4000. However, 3 weeks later we were told there was a lab fee of $2000 additional, which was never conveyed to us. We simply could not afford to pay $6000 plus our cycle cost all at the same time. Therefore, we asked to cancel the PGS (no consents were signed yet, nothing had been done yet in terms of testing) and were told they didn’t know if we would get a refund. After many back and forth phone calls with the billing team we finally got our refund. In the future we will probably PGS test, but we just felt like we weren’t given all the information and costs up front, which created a lot of financial stress and anxiety
Orlando
I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. ... When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing. ... They [Brown Fertility] use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Strength [of Brown Fertility]- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates ... They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Cabrera is compassionate but I do feel that the entire office is not open to exploring immune protocols or really anything other than what is considered very basic and standard. Dr. Cabrera is very friendly and kind, he has a great bedside manner but at the end of the day I still am not pregnant and don’t know why.
Advocate for yourself and ask upfront before beginning treatment, if there is a protocol you are interested in trying, ask if they are willing to implement such things if things aren’t working otherwise. After failure I asked about adding some things that are geared toward possible immune problems and though they were aware of such things they wouldn’t even discuss implementing them.
My 1st consultation was great, but most of the appts following I felt really rushed and like the office was over scheduled. I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. I did not have success at Brown but I have mixed emotions on the office.
They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Nursing staff was generally overall great
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strength- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates
IVF 8,995 ICSI 4-500 Assisted Hatching 4-500 Anesthesia 450 Endo Scratch 250 Hcg test 125 Genetic prescribing maternal 2-500 (can’t remember exactly) IVF meds 5500 Prescreening bloodwork female 1200 Male bloodwork 400
We ended up doing a double embryo transfer but only because I pushed in our fresh cycle. When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing.

2014 - 2018
He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps...Dr. Brown takes the time to listen to you and your partner. He remembers who you are each time you go in and remembers your diagnosis. He is very positive...compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children.
The IVF [at Brown Fertility] is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos...Strengths: compassion, spa atmosphere, organized, responds adequately, keeps you update, contacts you immediately, takes care of you medicine orders and many things that a working adult may not have time to complete and deal with. They remember things that you may forget and remind you of deadlines. Weaknesses: none
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children. He understands the struggle and is supportive. We are beginning the IVF process and he has been on top of everything.
Make sure you are clear on any diagnosis, your goals, and medicines that you are taking.
After 8 years of infertility, countless medicated cycles, 4 failed IUI's, 3 laproscopy surgeries, stage 2 endometriosis diagnosis we turned to Dr. Brown for IVF. We are just beginning the process. He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps. I just got my official calendar last week and completed blood work today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen Maor)
She is very down to earth. She explained the IVF process completely and fully. When I email her she replies almost immediately. As soon as I paid the initial fee she emailed me my official calendar the next day. She got my blood work papers to me as soon as I emailed her which lab my insurance company preferred.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos.
If you are 35+ years old Dr. Brown prefers to transfer 2 embryos. I am completely fine with that because I want my chances of success as high as possible.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process.... He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails....I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They [Brown Fertility] are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.... Ivf was $9,000 without meds
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process. I kept my faith in God and it was a success
If you feel uncomfortable about something or have questions don't hesitate to ask and receive clarity. He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails.
All of the nurses in the office are very sweet and take the time to remember details about you. Emily is great! Dr. Brown is kind and as emotionally supportive as any man that sees patients struggling with fertility on a daily bases can be.
I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well and producing too many eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
They are sweet, caring and compassionate. I love them!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.
Ivf was $9,000 without meds and an additional $350 for anesthesia during egg retrieval. We had to pay an additional $1000 to complete an FET because we had a mandatory freeze all due to OHSS. Our 2nd FET was $3,500 without meds
He is very verbal about the risk associated with multiples and the health risk and possible complications. He suggest onl y transferring 1 embryo for fresh and 2 for frozen.
Orlando

Dr. Brown has a kind manner to him. He is very positive and up-beat. He also is great about explaining the process to you while it is going on so you don't feel left in the dark. The only appointment that I didn't see Dr. Brown for was the egg retrieval as they have another doctor in their clinic complete those... For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Overall this clinic was great. We did our monitoring appointments locally and had the results sent to them, but any time I needed to get in touch with someone, there was always an answer. Even when I had to repeatedly call them at 7am because bloodwork orders weren't received (the issue was on the lab's side, not Brown Fertility's), they were always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Everyone at Dr. Brown's office was incredible! They talked with you and not at you or down to you. The nurses remembered nuances from previous visits that let us know that they saw us as people.
For the retrieval, we did birth control for 3 weeks leading up to starting the protocol. Five days after stopping the birth control, I started taking 225 units Gonal-F and 20 units Lo Dose HCG. I continued this until the retrieval (we did lower the Gonal-F dosage slightly the week of the retrieval because I was producing a ton of follicles). For the frozen transfers, I took birth control for about 3 1/2 weeks. At week 3, I started taking 10 units Lupron. The Lupron continued for almost 4 weeks. I started taking Estradiol around 2 weeks before the transfer and started progesterone 1 week before. For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Howell)
Sarah was very helpful during the frozen embryo transfer process. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get in touch with her usually within 24 hours - if not Sarah, then I would always be able to speak with someone who could help. The only thing I didn't care for about the FET nurse versus the nurse I had during the retrieval process was that they didn't call you after your monitoring appointments to let you know how things looked. The response I received upon calling and asking for an update was that they would call us if there was a problem and if everything looked ok, they wouldn't call. When you are spending as much time, money, and energy on this, it is nice to get a call either way just to ease your mind.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF process cost $8,995 plus a $375 initiation fee. There was also a $350 charge for the anesthesia for the retrieval and a $549 for the trial transfer. When we had to cancel our fresh transfer, they charged us an additional $1000 for the frozen embryo transfer cycle. When we did our second FET, the total cost was $3870 ($3495 + $375 initiation fee). All medications were charged separately, and we also paid separately for the monitoring ultrasounds since we didn't go to Brown Fertility for them. If we had gone to the clinic, the ultrasounds would've been included in the prices we originally paid.