Brown Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brown Fertility to a friend?
2 doctors
2014 - 2018
The IVF [at Brown Fertility] is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos...Strengths: compassion, spa atmosphere, organized, responds adequately, keeps you update, contacts you immediately, takes care of you medicine orders and many things that a working adult may not have time to complete and deal with. They remember things that you may forget and remind you of deadlines. Weaknesses: none
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown takes the time to listen to you and your partner. He remembers who you are each time you go in and remembers your diagnosis. He is very positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen Maor)
She is very down to earth. She explained the IVF process completely and fully. When I email her she replies almost immediately. As soon as I paid the initial fee she emailed me my official calendar the next day. She got my blood work papers to me as soon as I emailed her which lab my insurance company preferred.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children. He understands the struggle and is supportive. We are beginning the IVF process and he has been on top of everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Make sure you are clear on any diagnosis, your goals, and medicines that you are taking.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
After 8 years of infertility, countless medicated cycles, 4 failed IUI's, 3 laproscopy surgeries, stage 2 endometriosis diagnosis we turned to Dr. Brown for IVF. We are just beginning the process. He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps. I just got my official calendar last week and completed blood work today.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
The IVF is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
If you are 35+ years old Dr. Brown prefers to transfer 2 embryos. I am completely fine with that because I want my chances of success as high as possible.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They [Brown Fertility] are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.... Ivf was $9,000 without meds
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.
All of the nurses in the office are very sweet and take the time to remember details about you. Emily is great! Dr. Brown is kind and as emotionally supportive as any man that sees patients struggling with fertility on a daily bases can be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
They are sweet, caring and compassionate. I love them!
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process. I kept my faith in God and it was a success
If you feel uncomfortable about something or have questions don't hesitate to ask and receive clarity. He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails.
I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well and producing too many eggs.
Ivf was $9,000 without meds and an additional $350 for anesthesia during egg retrieval. We had to pay an additional $1000 to complete an FET because we had a mandatory freeze all due to OHSS. Our 2nd FET was $3,500 without meds
He is very verbal about the risk associated with multiples and the health risk and possible complications. He suggest onl y transferring 1 embryo for fresh and 2 for frozen.
Orlando
Overall this clinic was great. We did our monitoring appointments locally and had the results sent to them, but any time I needed to get in touch with someone, there was always an answer. Even when I had to repeatedly call them at 7am because bloodwork orders weren't received (the issue was on the lab's side, not Brown Fertility's), they were always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone at Dr. Brown's office was incredible! They talked with you and not at you or down to you. The nurses remembered nuances from previous visits that let us know that they saw us as people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Howell)
Sarah was very helpful during the frozen embryo transfer process. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get in touch with her usually within 24 hours - if not Sarah, then I would always be able to speak with someone who could help. The only thing I didn't care for about the FET nurse versus the nurse I had during the retrieval process was that they didn't call you after your monitoring appointments to let you know how things looked. The response I received upon calling and asking for an update was that they would call us if there was a problem and if everything looked ok, they wouldn't call. When you are spending as much time, money, and energy on this, it is nice to get a call either way just to ease your mind.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown has a kind manner to him. He is very positive and up-beat. He also is great about explaining the process to you while it is going on so you don't feel left in the dark. The only appointment that I didn't see Dr. Brown for was the egg retrieval as they have another doctor in their clinic complete those.
For the retrieval, we did birth control for 3 weeks leading up to starting the protocol. Five days after stopping the birth control, I started taking 225 units Gonal-F and 20 units Lo Dose HCG. I continued this until the retrieval (we did lower the Gonal-F dosage slightly the week of the retrieval because I was producing a ton of follicles). For the frozen transfers, I took birth control for about 3 1/2 weeks. At week 3, I started taking 10 units Lupron. The Lupron continued for almost 4 weeks. I started taking Estradiol around 2 weeks before the transfer and started progesterone 1 week before. For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
The IVF process cost $8,995 plus a $375 initiation fee. There was also a $350 charge for the anesthesia for the retrieval and a $549 for the trial transfer. When we had to cancel our fresh transfer, they charged us an additional $1000 for the frozen embryo transfer cycle. When we did our second FET, the total cost was $3870 ($3495 + $375 initiation fee). All medications were charged separately, and we also paid separately for the monitoring ultrasounds since we didn't go to Brown Fertility for them. If we had gone to the clinic, the ultrasounds would've been included in the prices we originally paid.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Strengths [at Brown Fertility] - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly...They [nurses] are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly.
The office is always busy. But every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us. All his nurses and staff are friendly. Everyone seems to genuinely care. When you have the inevitable breakdown from the stress and heartbreak of another failed month I am never shut down. I am met with concern encouragement and kindness.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily NP)
I have zero weaknesses to write about. They are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown is very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does.
Start saving now. Even though he is the most affordable we found. It's still a bill you can't get used to.
Dr brown let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
I had to pay about 500 per iui with a 90 dollar shot and my IVF will be about 5k with 3k worth of shots... of course this all depends on your insurance. Since Florida Blue does not offer very great fertility coverage I have had to foot a lot of the bills
If you are under 35 he will only implant 1 embryo. I dont personally agree with it. It's very upsetting to know u could have a higher chance with 2 but he doesnt want to risk too many multiples.
Orlando
This office [Brown Fertility] will not make you feel like you are just a number. They genuinely care and hope for the success of their patients. They remember personal things about you and have excellent bedside manners. They have two convenient jacksonville locations.... Dr. Brown charges around $9,000 for an IVF cycle plus the medicine, which is paid directly to the pharmacy. Anesthesia and other things can be separate costs.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
This office will not make you feel like you are just a number. They genuinely care and hope for the success of their patients. They remember personal things about you and have excellent bedside manners. They have two convenient jacksonville locations.
Dr. Brown and his newest doctor, Dr. Rose, both treated us during our recent IVM cycle. Being experimental, we knew IVM was not 100% chance of success. Although the transfer was not a success, we have since decided to move forward with IVF with Dr. Brown because we believe he is the best RE in the jacksonville area. Both doctors personally underwent IVF with their spouses to create their families, making their bedside manner absolutely fantastic. They know what it feels like to be on the other side and have come out successful. They are encouraging and their staff has been nothing but warm and professional throughout the entire experience.
I am thoroughly impressed with the nurses and medical assistants at the office. They are all extremely welcoming and make you feel at home. This is so important when going through such a tough journey. They make you smile and stay positive when you can’t anymore. They are always there to answer any questions, which with IVF, are a lot!
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Browns strengths lie in his experiences and proven success rates. That alone is huge when selecting an RE. The only downside to his office is their scheduling. They schedule multiple patients for the same time slots so the wait is often long, even with an appointment time.
Be open to all courses of treatment. We never thought we would be pursuing IVF but you have to stay open minded and keep your end goal in mind.
For our IVM cycle, we were given femara for 5 days and then retrieved the eggs in an immature state, allowing the embryologist to mature them in the lab pre-fertilization. I was put on oral estrogen and progesterone in oil injections the month leading up to transfer and post transfer. Our new protocol with the IVF cycle involves gonal f injections along with lo dose hcg, estrogen and progesterone.
The doctors recommended we transfer both of our available embryos. This time around, we would also transfer both.
Orlando
The clinic [Brown Fertility] is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day...My AMH is extremely low for my age. This was never revealed to me after thousands of dollars of labs were done. My protocol was never changed from the “standard” that could have effected my results or persuaded us to go another direction with our procedures. My labs were drawn and in the clinics hand bedor starting the IVF process.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day. The nursing staff is wonderful and always helpful. The front office staff is neutral (not super friendly but also not rude). Go into your consultation with questions and knowing what you want out of your experience.
We went to Dr. Brown and were told we would have an 90-100% chance of pregnancy if we did IVF. We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
When we First met Dr. Brown we were very impressed with his knowledge in bed. He told us that we would have a 90%-100% chance of getting pregnant if we went straight to IVF. We are experiencing secondary fertility at that time 32 years old. We decided to go ahead with IVF process and win had all my labs drawn as well as my husband. We ended up doing a retrieval with a 5 day fresh transfer with one embryo and also a frozen transfer with our last two embryos a few months later ( there were four eggs for trade total, three of them made it to five day embryos). Neither were successful and after our cycle, I was doing my research and looking at my labs for a reason why at 32 years old, we were unable to retrieve any more than four eggs and found out that my AMH levels are extremely low. This was never relayed to me by Dr. Brown which made me think that he either never reviewed my ($5000) labs or did and didn’t tell me. We have started with another Infertility clinic and will not be returning back to Brown Fertility for this reason.
Do not get your hopes up if he promises you the moon. Do your own research and be your own advocate. You have to ask questions and not be afraid to speak up for yourself.
He used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all.
It was around $9000 for the retrieval and fresh transfer. We also paid $4000 for the second frozen transfer.
For our frozen transfer, we transferred two embryos mainly because they were our last two.
Orlando
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion...They are not professional...They have messed up appointments and billing several times...I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible...She [nurse at Brown Fertility] answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion. They are money hungry. They are not professional. They are difficult to work with. They are not flexible. They have no empathy.
The wait times were never under 30-45 minutes. I spent a total of 30 minutes total if that with Dr.Brown since beginning treatment. The doctor who came to do my egg retrieval and transfer was a man I never met and he did not know me or my situation. I did not feel like he cared. When we were there to do the transfer we only had two embryos left and out of no where he goes I would go ahead and transfer both even though for your age we only do one because you might have poor ovarian reserve. I had never heard that before and he didn't even have my chart. So he added all this worry and without any facts. Luckily the embryologist spoke up and said to just transfer one due to it not increasing chances (only 5 percent) and being more of a risk. No one ever called to follow up unless it was to ask for more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Maor)
She answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment. Anytime we had a question or wanted to speak with him we had to pay our co pay of 60 dollars. When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated. Also I think he should remember and not ask the patient to. When we did the Laparoscopy both tubes were actually open. We had a five minute appointment with him and that was it. For IVF I saw him once for one ultrasound. It was about 2 mins after waiting 45. They had done 38 IVF in one cycle.
I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible.
For my IUIs I was on low dose Femara. I would have 2 ultrasounds. One baseline. One to check progress. Trigger with Ovidrel. Then IUI 36 hours later. For IVF I was on the lowest doses of Gonal F and HCG after a Baseline ultrasound. Next ultrasound to check progress I was cancelled due to over response. I had to go back on birth control again and be scheduled the next month. He lowered the dose of Gonal F. I did Cetrotide for 3 days until I triggered with Ovidrel. Also baby aspirin whole cycle. Then after retrieval progesterone and estridol.
60 co pay to see doctor or ask a question 250 per ultrasound 500 per IUI 9k for IVF not including medication. Not including mock transfer. Not including blood work. Not including storing frozen embryos. Not including anesthesia
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they [Brown Fertility] are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily ARNP)
Emily was very compassionate and made sure you understood all that was happening before she moved on. Loved her
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well. Emily was very compassionate and explained the possibilities of what could happen. My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF. After the surgery it was concluded that after all of the scar tissue I had on my fallopian tubes that we would not be able to do a non invasive treatment and needed to do IVF. Due financial issues we were unable to continue because we could not afford to do IVF. Currently we are saving up to do a round. Dr. Brown did assure me that I would be able to carry but because the egg is unable to meet the sperm in my body I could not conceive naturally. Overall the staff was wonderful and made me feel fully comfortable with all that was going on and was very thorough with all that occurred.
He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail. You wont think he is rushing as he gives you all the time you need to fully understand what he is saying to you.
9000 for one round of ivf and 3000 for medication
2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
The nurse [at Brown Fertility] assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion... My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her...I felt like I was in a baby making factory. The wait time for appointments was ridiculous, the care was "one size fits all", and the staff was rude and disorganized.
2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office was always crowded. Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." There is no personal attention at this office. Everyone is a number. They even make everyone start meds at the same time each month so that all the retrievals and transfers are in the same week.
The nurse assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion since you are dealing with women who already have been through a grief of not using their own eggs and a loss of biological connection. My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her. After my cycle I got an email from her that said "so I just got back in town.. did you get a positive pregnancy test?" I had already been to the clinic and received a negative blood test. All she had to do was check my chart. Then on my second donor egg cycle that failed, another nurse said to me when she called to give me my negative results "I don't know why it didn't work. We have very high success rates with donor egg. " They were always quick to reference their high success rates but I never received great care or saw positive results.!
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient. He never got specific with my treatment plans and I felt like he gave me a "one size fits all" protocol.
Go to a different doctor.
He did a donor egg cycle. It was pretty basic and no special protocols were used.
The cycles were s but more expensive than the other clinics in the area.
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
[Brown Fertility] Strengths: The procedure room was large enough to allow for my husband to come in for my transfers. Weaknesses: Too busy. Too many patients to be able to give personal care to everyone. The receptionist asked me for money every time I checked in even though I was completely covered by insurance and I told her this every time. At some point you would think a note would be made on my account or something.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The entire process felt like I was in a baby farm. From the over crowded waiting room to the money demanding receptionists. Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it. It turned out later that I have poor egg quality and could have avoided 4 emotionally draining, expensive and ultimately useless embryo transfers. I left that practice feeling like I wasted a year of my life with a dr who didn't really care about me as an individual but rather as a potential number in a record book.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
The nurses were ok. They were always busy and rushing which is not surprising considering the ridiculous number of patients waiting every time I was there. I have difficult veins to drawn from so most nurses have to use my hands and I left every time with hideous bruises.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing. One time, he was so eager to get in and out of an exam with me that he opened the door while I was still changing and rather than close the door and wait he held it mostly closed and impatiently stood outside it asking "Ready yet?"
Go somewhere else.
Jacksonville
I love the ladies at Brown fertility they were so compassionate and caring. They are willing to work to get things done. They want to make sure that you're getting the next care possible.... sometimes they can run behind, but be patient they're going to give you some great care. They'll give you all your options and explain what they think is your best route, but give you the option to chose your route and what you want to do.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey )
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything. Breaks things down and explains why you're doing it. He also treats you as a person and not just another patient he has to get through.
trust him, if he's telling you to do something do it.
when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle. We started on bc for 2 wks then stims, then did a freeze all. Frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy.
since i had met my out of pocket max just the deposit to hold my cycle spot
If we did a fresh we could only transfer 1 where if we did a frozen we had the option to transfer 2
Orlando
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic [Brown Fertility] was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer...[nurses were] Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer. I would want to go to any other clinic!
Dr. Brown is amazing! He spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility.
Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything. This is what to expect
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown explained to us what to expect the first time we met him. He gave us things to avoid during treatment and told us what to take. He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative! Dr. Brown is the best RE out there!!
He's not going to sugar coat things. He tells you like it is. Facts!
I took clomid which made me crazy I explained to them that I couldn't stand the way it made me (crazy and mean) so they changed me to be made followed by a trigger shot and IUI.
Over all it was around $16,000 with medication
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
The front desk [at Brown Fertility] is fairly organized. The appointments ran mostly on time. They would let you know if your upcoming appointment would be long and to bring a book. Everyone was friendly...The nursing staff were very thorough and would respond to emails immediately. They were always positive and uplifting and organized.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The front desk is fairly organized. The appointments ran mostly on time. They would let you know if your upcoming appointment would be long and to bring a book. Everyone was friendly
I felt Dr. Brown took his time with you and explained in detail. Also, he had a positive attitude.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown is very honest and compassionate. I felt like he explained everything thoroughly and was open with expectations. I felt cared for and that he really wanted the best for me. His knowledge was great and he was always on time and kind.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and he will answer them.
I did stims for 12 days. I started with 225 of Gonal-F and 20mcg of hcg for the first 4 days. On day 5 I was upped to 300 of Gonal-F. Cetrotide was introduced on day 10. I triggered with Ovidrel. I was on birth control for 8 weeks prior to beginning cycle. I did not produce many eggs (3) and was discovered I have diminished ovarian reserve. Only 2 of the eggs were mature and both fertilized with ICSI. I had embryo transfer on day 3 with a 4 cell and an 8 cell embryo. I took Crinone suppositories and Estradiol daily after embryo transfer.
IVF cycle 9,000 Medications 2,000
I was only to transfer one embryo but due to 3 day transfer and one embryo stalling we decided to transfer both the 8 cell and 4 cell embryo
2014 - 2017
This clinic [Brown Fertility] is like a well oiled machine. They are very efficient at what they do. Patients get in and out easily, but the wait times can sometimes be very long so be prepared to wait. The waiting rooms are nice but there's always that awkward silence you find at any fertility clinic...Dr. Brown has a wonderful nursing staff! They made the entire process so much easier. They are all very compassionate and understanding...It's easy to feel like a number when they group you in a cycle with a bunch of other people
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
This clinic is like a well oiled machine. They are very efficient at what they do. Patients get in and out easily, but the wait times can sometimes be very long so be prepared to wait. The waiting rooms are nice but there's always that awkward silence you find at any fertility clinic.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. He understands his field very well and has compassion for his patients. He can tend to be somewhat flighty and forget who his patients are from time to time though. There were a few times he asked us the same questions multiple times.
He's a good doctor, but can seem like he doesn't know his patients that well because he sees so many on a daily basis
Dr. Brown did our egg retrieval and transfer. He did a fresh transfer with only one egg because I was under the age of 30. He only transfers more than 1 embryo of you're over 30. They did ICSI on all our embryos but they didn't do genetic testing on them, only on my partner and myself. We did end up getting pregnant with the 1 embryo. 14 eggs were retrieved and 13 fertilized.
At the time of our egg retrieval and embryo transfer we paid around 14k for medicine and the procedure. Just an embryo transfer is around 4k.
Dr. Brown only likes to transfer 1 embryo for those patients under 30. He didn't like the idea of transferring more than 2 at a time. He stated that the odds didn't increase anymore with putting more embryos into the uterus.
Orlando
The nurses [at Brown Fertility] there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.... They have a lot of strengths the only weaknesses I would describe is not being capable of taking pictures of your embryos before inserting them. I was a little disappointed not being able to see there quality myself, but other than that this clinic has been great to me.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Time was taken with me every questioned i asked was answered to the best possible.
The nurses there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
As a patient I felt like my dream was possible, dr.cabrera told me I had everything for me except one thing, but he still had strong faith of me becoming a mother. He would talk to me try to explain everything I had concerns or questions about. We're not sure why the transfers have not worked yet, but we are not giving up. Dr Cabrera says it will happen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Ask every question u have don't be afraid.
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
My first cycle I used very little stims gonal-f, estradiol,crinone,lupron,baby aspirin, and my trigger shot. Everything worked great. Just did not end in a positive prergnancy test
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
My first step of ivf cost about 10,000 my additional FETs were 3500 each
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
My dr would only do 1 embryo the first transfer because of my age and my chances of becoming pregnant they were afraid of multiple pregnancies.
IUI, 2 IVF
IUI, 2 IVF
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself.
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.
Jacksonville
[Brown Fertility] Clean very warm and friendly...Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Refael Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect....Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions. He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clean very warm and friendly
He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect.
Jacksonville
I think the clinic's [Brown Fertility-Orlando] strengths are in the number of pregnancies that come out of the office. I believe the weakness is just making sure there is a Dr available to talk to at all times. I was scheduled for a surgery and it had to be re scheduled due to the Dr.'s schedule. It was frustrating but at the end of the day, everything was fine.... [the nurses were] Always friendly and caring while being informative.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I think the clinic's strengths are in the number of pregnancies that come out of the office. I believe the weakness is just making sure there is a Dr available to talk to at all times. I was scheduled for a surgery and it had to be re scheduled due to the Dr.'s schedule. It was frustrating but at the end of the day, everything was fine.
I have always felt compassion from Dr. Cabrera. He has taken the time to explain things to me that I needed to understand. At some points I have felt more like "a number" when I was told IVF was my best option. It might be my best but it's not my only... so I chose to go with less expensive treatments first.
Always friendly and caring while being informative.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Cabrera is a bit different since I was originally under the care of a nurse practitioner that is no longer with the clinic. This made me anxious about staying with the clinic when she left but I am extremely happy that I chose to stay. Dr. Cabrera has assured me that I am in good hands and has taken the time to understand my history.
Don't be afraid to ask him to speak slower.
My insurance has paid for diagnostic care so we only paid a $45.00 co pay when having regular visits. We pay out of pocket for IUI but we haven't finished that so we don't have a full number.
Dr. Cabrera told us that the goal is 1 healthy baby at at time. That is what we want to be looking for, not multiples.