14540 Old St. Augustine
904-260-0352
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515

I do feel as though he provided false hope for a "quick" pregnancy. He told us we were an "easy" case and would be pregnant in no longer than 4 months. What a joke. ... Dr. Brown, in our consult, told me to stop taking all my vitamins and metformin ( I have PCOS). I was hesitant but wanted to trust my doctor, so I did. He said he would prescribe me the exact same dosage of Femera as my OBGYN (5 mg) and told me in our consult I would be prescribed dexamethasone as well after I mentioned it.
Only certain locations [Brown Fertility] offer certain procedures so just because they have many locations does not mean you can actually go there. ... You will never have the same nurse and you will probably never see an actual doctor. ... Secretaries who were supposed to return calls and never would ... They have forgotten to call in prescriptions ... Go somewhere else if you want quality care and attentive doctors because that is not the service provided here.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Samuel Brown was great! The one time I saw him that is, at our consult. I do feel as though he provided false hope for a "quick" pregnancy. He told us we were an "easy" case and would be pregnant in no longer than 4 months. What a joke.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
No one ever knew my case or even took a minute to review my file before entering the room. They were misinformed about medication THEY prescribed me and it was always impossible to get in contact with anyone. I think they have too many patients to provide quality care.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Brown, in our consult, told me to stop taking all my vitamins and metformin ( I have PCOS). I was hesitant but wanted to trust my doctor, so I did. He said he would prescribe me the exact same dosage of Femera as my OBGYN (5 mg) and told me in our consult I would be prescribed dexamethasone as well after I mentioned it. When I came in for my first cycle day 3 ultrasound, no one knew what I was talking about and the physicians assistant I saw prescribed me a lower dose of Femera and said there were "no notes" in my chart about dexamethasone so she wouldn't prescribe it. I never saw Dr. Brown again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
At Brown Fertility all you see are nurses and you will most likely never have the same one. I had a total of four different nurses in the only three months I was there and all of them were rude except for one. Of the four nurses I saw, only one took the time to educate my husband and I on what was going on, what they were looking for at each appointment, and things that we could or should be doing to increase our chances of conceiving. I had a nurse come in to do a cycle day scan, say hello, do the scan, say "that's weird" in the middle of the ultrasound, and then leave. She never said what was "weird" not to mention it was incredibly rude. She also brought me out in the hallway to go over our "plan" for that month. Meanwhile, another patients door was wide open and they were doing an internal ultrasound for everyone in the hall to see!!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
My only strength for this clinic would be that they have numerous locations in the southeast which is convenient. Weaknesses would include scheduling as they are not willing to schedule appointments later than 8:45 for cycle day scans so you are out of luck it you live far away. We woke up at 4 am just to get there on time. They will not remember anything about you every single time you visit. Nothing. You will have to give your infertility story every time. If you need to call for any reason, you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes if you're lucky and even then they will most likely have to call you back which, big surprise, they won't. You will have to call them back again and again. It is a vicious cycle. Only certain locations offer certain procedures so just because they have many locations does not mean you can actually go there. Make sure you check. You will never have the same nurse and you will probably never see an actual doctor. If this bothers you, you can try to request that your appointments be scheduled with the same nurse. This can't always happen as certain nurses are not available on certain days, but you can try. My only advise to anyone considering Brown Fertility would be to go into it with a lot of patience because you're going to need it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
Well we have Tricare which covers anything having to do with natural conception. However, we were told IUI would be $500 which doesn't include the cost of cycle day scans ( $250 each scan ) or medication that would no longer be covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
They have forgotten to call in prescriptions, failed to tell us we would not be able to go to certain locations for treatment, have scheduled us for their locations that we could not have cycle day scans at only to tell us the day of they we needed to go to another location even after telling them we drove 2 and a half hours just to get there and they had done our scans there before. We were told they only did them there for us before "out of convenience". What?! We had plenty of nurses with poor bedside manners. Secretaries who were supposed to return calls and never would or put notes in my chart for nurses that were never there. I could honestly go on and on.
Jacksonville

Dr Cabrera said I could have 3 transferred but he did not communicate that to his partner doing the transfer so only 2 were transferred....Initially, during my consultation he was friendly but after my payment for IVF I became just a number...I had concerns about implantation success and was always wondering if my progesterone levels were ok but I got no answers on that.
The IVF nurse was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and she showed care and concern for me as a patient. I liked having her be part of my treatment team [at Brown Fertility]. The medical assistants were also very friendly and seemed to really care...They do not offer screening tests to increase selection of the best embryos. It is interesting that they offer gender selection but not a test that would increase pregnancy success.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
He did not individualize my care, therefore my chances for success were decreased. Specifically, during my first IVF cycle the gonal f was at max dose and he never adjusted it despite each visit saying my follicles were growing very fast. As a result, my follicles grew too big, too fast and although we still retrieved 6, I could have had over 12 retrieved and would not have needed to do another IVF cycle for more follicles if the medication was adjusted during my visits prior to retrieval. He told me after the chemical pregnancy that it must be my embryos. When I said the grading from the embryologist showed good embryos he said "that grading does not mean anything" He also said what is important is what is inside the embryo and said "there is no way to tell what happening inside" I now know that PGT-A testing would have allowed me to know which embryos to transfer but they don't offer that test and as a result you can see the stats that show very, very poor success with women over 37 treated at Brown fertility. He did not communicate with Dr Bruce Rose who did my transfer. The first transfer he only transferred 2 embryos even though we agreed to do 3. The second IVF cycle Dr Rose said 2 minutes before the transfer that he did not agree with transferring 3 and he strongly recommended against it. He also said "I can get any woman pregnant" The cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr Cabrera lost his temper with me when talking to me the day the nurse called to tell me the results were negative. He was extremely arrogant and never once said I'm sorry. Instead he said " I did not do anything wrong and I did not guarantee you anything" I was shocked. At that point I knew I would never return and no matter how much they charge me to transfer my embryos I would do that rather than work with Brown fertility doctors again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
For the reasons I detailed above, I would say do not go here. Even if you have to wait for a few months for an appointment somewhere else. There is a reason for that. He says what you want to hear and once that payment is received there are no refunds. After the cycle ends you will never hear from them again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Initially, during my consultation he was friendly but after my payment for IVF I became just a number. After I talked with the doctor who referred me to Dr Cabrera, he changed completely and treated me like a human.
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
He used the same protocol he uses for all IVF patients at this clinic. I had concerns about implantation success and was always wondering if my progesterone levels were ok but I got no answers on that. Also, I think the most important thing I learned after doing my own research after the 2nd failed fresh IVF cycle is that a frozen cycle would have allowed him to make sure my lining was optimal for implantation. I also found out that the other clinics in my area rarely do fresh cycles anymore especially after a failed fresh cycle. That type of change in protocol is a critical change that based on everything I have read including this fertility site would have increased my chance for success dramatically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ivie IVF nurse)
The IVF nurse was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and she showed care and concern for me as a patient. I liked having her be part of my treatment team. The medical assistants were also very friendly and seemed to really care.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clinic strengths- they see a lot of patients so you can get an appointment easily for a consultation. The support staff and nurses are really good. Clinic weaknesses- The doctor does not care. Once the money is paid and the cycle is over its on to the next one. After someone spends so much money they would expect some contact after a failed cycle. They do not follow standard protocols, the outdated protocols are likely why my cycle failed. They do not offer screening tests to increase selection of the best embryos. It is interesting that they offer gender selection but not a test that would increase pregnancy success. That would make any patient think it's all about making money. The screening tests would lead to less cycles and therefore decreased profits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
I spent about 35,000 dollars here over 4 months. This included 2 IVF cycles and the over priced medications from SMP pharmacy in Miami for each of those cycles. It also includes the anesthesia costs and hotel costs because the procedures are done in Jacksonville not Orlando.
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Dr Cabrera said I could have 3 transferred but he did not communicate that to his partner doing the transfer so only 2 were transferred. During my second IVF cycle it was made clear we would do 3 and again 2 were transferred. No apology and no explanation was given.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The failure to treat me as an individual affected my chance for success. Not having the same doctor monitor me and perform the procedure contributed to not getting enough embryos the first time and also transferring the wrong number of embryos both times.
Jacksonville

I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. ... When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing. ... They [Brown Fertility] use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Strength [of Brown Fertility]- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates ... They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Cabrera is compassionate but I do feel that the entire office is not open to exploring immune protocols or really anything other than what is considered very basic and standard. Dr. Cabrera is very friendly and kind, he has a great bedside manner but at the end of the day I still am not pregnant and don’t know why.
Advocate for yourself and ask upfront before beginning treatment, if there is a protocol you are interested in trying, ask if they are willing to implement such things if things aren’t working otherwise. After failure I asked about adding some things that are geared toward possible immune problems and though they were aware of such things they wouldn’t even discuss implementing them.
My 1st consultation was great, but most of the appts following I felt really rushed and like the office was over scheduled. I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. I did not have success at Brown but I have mixed emotions on the office.
They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Nursing staff was generally overall great
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strength- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates
IVF 8,995 ICSI 4-500 Assisted Hatching 4-500 Anesthesia 450 Endo Scratch 250 Hcg test 125 Genetic prescribing maternal 2-500 (can’t remember exactly) IVF meds 5500 Prescreening bloodwork female 1200 Male bloodwork 400
We ended up doing a double embryo transfer but only because I pushed in our fresh cycle. When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing.
Orlando

Dr. Brown would re-introduce himself to us during retrieval and transfers and there was never a sense of having a good relationship or bedside manners for his patients. ... You do not see Dr. Brown on a regular basis either. ... failed to diagnose me correctly with silent endometriosis, instead labeling us as "unexplained with PCO like ovaries". ... It was devastating to miscarry but also to have a doctor we had never seen before perform the ultrasound and confirm the miscarriage for us. It was very uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
A big downside to his office is their scheduling. They schedule multiple patients for the same time slots so the wait is often long, even with an appointment time. You do not see Dr. Brown on a regular basis either. It was devastating to miscarry but also to have a doctor we had never seen before perform the ultrasound and confirm the miscarriage for us. It was very uncomfortable.
Only patients with easy cases seem to succeed at Dr. Brown's office. He is very money hungry and there is a huge lack of personalization. I would not suggest going to this office.
Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose, both treated us during our IVM cycle. Being experimental, we knew IVM was not 100% chance of success. Although the transfer was not a success, we decided to move forward with IVF with Dr. Brown. During our IVF cycle, we had constant long wait times and realized he batch cycles patients. He requires a $375 non-refundable deposit for each cycle and that amount does not include the total cycle cost. We ended up paying out of pocket due to his insurance/finance coordinators incorrectly explaining what our insurance did and did not cover to us. We also paid out of pocket for medications because the finance team failed to explain that I had insurance coverage via CVS for medications. The doctors failed to diagnose me correctly with silent endometriosis, instead labeling us as "unexplained with PCO like ovaries". Since this office batch cycles, you do not receive an individualized treatment protocol and are forced to have appointments, retrievals and transfers on the same days as the other patients in that month's cycle. Dr. Brown would re-introduce himself to us during retrieval and transfers and there was never a sense of having a good relationship or bedside manners for his patients.
For our IVM cycle, we were given femara for 5 days and then retrieved the eggs in an immature state, allowing the embryologist to mature them in the lab pre-fertilization. I was put on oral estrogen and progesterone in oil injections the month leading up to transfer and post transfer. For our IVF cycle, I used gonal f injections along with lo dose hcg, estrogen and progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff could care less about the patients and day-to-day office operations. After our second loss at this office, I told the IVF Nurse that I was going to pursue a consultation with another local clinic and was simply told "Good luck".
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The only positive of this office is their two conveniently located office locations. This office is not where you want to be treated when going through infertility and the tough journey of it all. They are disorganized as well. I once had an email from the finance coordinator that was an excel spreadsheet of ALL patients cycling that month, including their personal information such as full names, insurance companies, contact information, etc. This was a HUGE HIPPA violation. When I expressed via email that I do not believe I was supposed to receive this, the coordinator simply shrugged it off. This is not an office that will care for you as a human being.
Dr. Brown charges around $9,000 for an IVF cycle plus the medicine, which is paid directly to the pharmacy. Anesthesia and other things can be separate costs.
Jacksonville

Dr. Brown is a Sales person. He keep talking about how he was the cheapest and and how other facility will charge me more without results. Never about my issues and how he was going to help my husband and I...He didn't take the time to know my name. Didn't care to why I was there, just keep say how I would be pregnant by the end of the year.. Never explained how...Try to look for a different specialist.
I didn't get any treatment plan [at Brown Fertility] because it took them 3 month just to all my results from blood work and almost a month just to get an appointment to get those results...10,500.00 per cycle . I remember that because he [Dr. Brown] keep bragging on how they are the cheapest...The only good thing about this place is that they take medical insurance Everything else is not good. From the first appointment they make you wait an hour after your appointment. It takes a month just to see the doctor to get results. Very stressful place
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Try to look for a different specialist. infertility is hard enough, don't go to a practice that will make it harder
I didn't get any treatment plan because it took them 3 month just to all my results from blood work and almost a month just to get an appointment to get those results
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
10,500.00 per cycle . I remember that because he keep bragging on how they are the cheapest
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Orlando

He [Dr. Cabrera] treated us as we were wasting our time discouraged us to even try as to no hope ivf would work for us had no problem crushing my dreams and made me unhopeful that no one else would help us .. put me in depression for a long time... after like 5 visits said i had diabetes and wasnt going to move forward said i should give up and had no hope for a succesful ivf due to my age
Called [Brown Fertility] many timea ro have my records sent to CNY and been months til this days they havent its a run around every time I call they say call this number they send records out and then they say give us 24 hra and its been months... feels like they have no real care only money and no succcess they care about their numbers on only success rates if they see you have low chance or would be low chance they dismiss you totally
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
He treated us as we were wasting our time discouraged us to even try as to no hope ivf would work for us had no problem crushing my dreams and made me unhopeful that no one else would help us .. put me in depression for a long time until people in ivf groups suggested i look into CNY
Dont see him
We met Dr C at a tour thought he was nice gAve us hope got there he had me do testing after testing and after like 5 visits said i had diabetes and wasnt going to move forward said i should give up and had no hope for a succesful ivf due to my age he was so blunt and insensitive I was in shock pretty much cryshing my dreams no plan to even try plus I never had diabetes before and found it strange he said I had it and didnt even tell me how to get better to start nothing .. I was devasted after so much time and money wasted not even able to start a cycle prompted me to move forward to CNY which I consulted with Dr. CORALEY and was given hope he pretty much told me that Dr. CABREAR didnt see me as a good numbers candiate because I am over weight also plus my age and he didnt want to bother but on hold with cny due to fiances my husband lost our ins due to getting laid off and his new job now doesnt help with good ins and our savings was depleted once he list his job until he got a new one
I had genectics testing all blood work a Hsg done and more blood work.
Nice but not detailed
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I have spoken with other patients which has had similar expierces feels like they have no real care only money and no succcess they care about their numbers on only success rates if they see you have low chance or would be low chance they dismiss you totally
Co pays of 35 dollars rest billed to cigna
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Called many timea ro have my records sent to CNY and been months til this days they havent its a run around every time I call they say call this number they send records out and then they say give us 24 hra and its been months
Orlando

He [Dr. Samuel Brown] used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all...We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
The clinic [Brown Fertility] is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day...My AMH is extremely low for my age. This was never revealed to me after thousands of dollars of labs were done. My protocol was never changed from the “standard” that could have effected my results or persuaded us to go another direction with our procedures. My labs were drawn and in the clinics hand bedor starting the IVF process.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
When we First met Dr. Brown we were very impressed with his knowledge in bed. He told us that we would have a 90%-100% chance of getting pregnant if we went straight to IVF. We are experiencing secondary fertility at that time 32 years old. We decided to go ahead with IVF process and win had all my labs drawn as well as my husband. We ended up doing a retrieval with a 5 day fresh transfer with one embryo and also a frozen transfer with our last two embryos a few months later ( there were four eggs for trade total, three of them made it to five day embryos). Neither were successful and after our cycle, I was doing my research and looking at my labs for a reason why at 32 years old, we were unable to retrieve any more than four eggs and found out that my AMH levels are extremely low. This was never relayed to me by Dr. Brown which made me think that he either never reviewed my ($5000) labs or did and didn’t tell me. We have started with another Infertility clinic and will not be returning back to Brown Fertility for this reason.
Do not get your hopes up if he promises you the moon. Do your own research and be your own advocate. You have to ask questions and not be afraid to speak up for yourself.
We went to Dr. Brown and were told we would have an 90-100% chance of pregnancy if we did IVF. We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
He used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day. The nursing staff is wonderful and always helpful. The front office staff is neutral (not super friendly but also not rude). Go into your consultation with questions and knowing what you want out of your experience.
It was around $9000 for the retrieval and fresh transfer. We also paid $4000 for the second frozen transfer.
For our frozen transfer, we transferred two embryos mainly because they were our last two.
Orlando

Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment...When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion...They are not professional...They have messed up appointments and billing several times...I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible...She [nurse at Brown Fertility] answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment. Anytime we had a question or wanted to speak with him we had to pay our co pay of 60 dollars. When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated. Also I think he should remember and not ask the patient to. When we did the Laparoscopy both tubes were actually open. We had a five minute appointment with him and that was it. For IVF I saw him once for one ultrasound. It was about 2 mins after waiting 45. They had done 38 IVF in one cycle.
I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible.
The wait times were never under 30-45 minutes. I spent a total of 30 minutes total if that with Dr.Brown since beginning treatment. The doctor who came to do my egg retrieval and transfer was a man I never met and he did not know me or my situation. I did not feel like he cared. When we were there to do the transfer we only had two embryos left and out of no where he goes I would go ahead and transfer both even though for your age we only do one because you might have poor ovarian reserve. I had never heard that before and he didn't even have my chart. So he added all this worry and without any facts. Luckily the embryologist spoke up and said to just transfer one due to it not increasing chances (only 5 percent) and being more of a risk. No one ever called to follow up unless it was to ask for more money.
For my IUIs I was on low dose Femara. I would have 2 ultrasounds. One baseline. One to check progress. Trigger with Ovidrel. Then IUI 36 hours later. For IVF I was on the lowest doses of Gonal F and HCG after a Baseline ultrasound. Next ultrasound to check progress I was cancelled due to over response. I had to go back on birth control again and be scheduled the next month. He lowered the dose of Gonal F. I did Cetrotide for 3 days until I triggered with Ovidrel. Also baby aspirin whole cycle. Then after retrieval progesterone and estridol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Maor)
She answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion. They are money hungry. They are not professional. They are difficult to work with. They are not flexible. They have no empathy.
60 co pay to see doctor or ask a question 250 per ultrasound 500 per IUI 9k for IVF not including medication. Not including mock transfer. Not including blood work. Not including storing frozen embryos. Not including anesthesia
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
They have messed up appointments and billing several times.
Jacksonville

Make him [Dr. Samuel Brown] give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not...He is a very intelligent man. I realize he's helped many people, so he must be doing something right, I just never felt that. I felt like I wasn't given a full picture. I feel like he never explored another option. His bedside manner leaves a little to be desired...To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment [at Brown Fertility]. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds...The majority of the nurses were wonderful...the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Get options. Make him give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
The majority of the nurses were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There's a lot of stress in the patients because of what they are going thru. They feel like Dr Brown holds their future in his hands. It would've been beneficial to have less fluff and more reality right up front.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After my first ivf positive pregnancy test, the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.
Orlando
For the most part, the nursIng staff [Brown Fertility] was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I really like Dr. Brown. However I did not feel like his treatment process best met my needs. I did not feel like an individual patient at this clinic I felt like I was just a number. I rarely saw Dr. Brown. I saw Dr. Rose a few times and really liked him as well. However there was never any communication about when I would not be seeing Dr. Brown. What upset me the most was how I felt like we were herded like cattle through the IVF and FET process. Waiting times were often delayed and the waiting times to complete the IVF and FET procedures were usually delayed way over an hour. In my opinion this is unacceptable and unprofessional. It was also not communicated well when a doctor other than Dr. Brown would be doing a procedure. I walked into an FET procedure meeting a doctor I had never met before for the first time. I, along with many other patients that were waiting as well we’re very upset about this. I also feel that there were several things that were not communicated to me a precaution that I could have taken. I did not know that I should not be taking allergy medicine while doing IUIs. Additionally I have an MTHR factor that could have easily tested for however was not. I only found out that I had this factor because I pulled up previous test results that I had with my primary care physician. This is something that is important to know when trying to conveive. I finally had had enough and switched to a new doctor.
Do your research. Ask a lot of questions and make them answer them and take the time to answer them. Verify who your doctor will be for all of your procedures. Expect to wait a long time. Appointments are rarely ever on time.
Dr. Brown is very nice but he does batch cycling. So all of his patients who are having a certain procedure or herded into a one-week timeframe. There were so many people waiting for the same procedure and appointments every time I went when it was for IVF or FET. I felt like we were moved through the process like cattle. It was not enjoyable and very stressful. I also did several unmedicated IUIs (only trigger shot) with This facility. These are more tailored to your own cycle.
We did IUI several times. They were unmedicated except for the trigger shot. We did not see a doctor for these but an NP performed all of them. We then moved on to IVF. During a scan they found cells in my uterus and we were scheduled to do a hyperoscopy. We had a fresh transfer that was successful but ended in a miscarriage. We then had one FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember. It changed in the middle and several times )
For the most part, the nursIng staff was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent (i thri k it was more that latter). She could not find certain equipment that the doctor was looking for during the procedure and you could tell that he was getting very frustrated. She also did not know how to use the machine properly to print out the uktrasounds. The most alarming experience was that she was the nurses helping complete one of our FETs. During the procedure she could not find the equipment that the doctor wanted. And just was completely an experienced with doing this process. It was shocking to say the least.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: apparently they have a high success rate. I was not one of them though. Clean facility and nice atmosphere. Weaknesses: batch cycling, not seeing a doctor each visit, wait times, miscommunications, not setting the correct expectations.
Our insurance does not cover any fertility treatments. Below are the estimated costs that I remember. Appointment visit $250 - $500, IUI $3000, IVF $10,000, all medications for IVF and FET $20,000
I wanted to transfer two embryos and Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose were OK with this
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Did not test for a MTHFR factor which is relevant for Fertility Did not appropriate communicate which medication you should not be taking during fertility treatments

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself...With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing...Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it...
[Brown Fertility] Strengths: The procedure room was large enough to allow for my husband to come in for my transfers. Weaknesses: Too busy. Too many patients to be able to give personal care to everyone. The receptionist asked me for money every time I checked in even though I was completely covered by insurance and I told her this every time. At some point you would think a note would be made on my account or something.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing. One time, he was so eager to get in and out of an exam with me that he opened the door while I was still changing and rather than close the door and wait he held it mostly closed and impatiently stood outside it asking "Ready yet?"
Go somewhere else.
The entire process felt like I was in a baby farm. From the over crowded waiting room to the money demanding receptionists. Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it. It turned out later that I have poor egg quality and could have avoided 4 emotionally draining, expensive and ultimately useless embryo transfers. I left that practice feeling like I wasted a year of my life with a dr who didn't really care about me as an individual but rather as a potential number in a record book.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
The nurses were ok. They were always busy and rushing which is not surprising considering the ridiculous number of patients waiting every time I was there. I have difficult veins to drawn from so most nurses have to use my hands and I left every time with hideous bruises.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
There were multiple times that I came in for a scheduled and verified appointment only to be told when I checked in that I didn't have an appointment on the schedule. This is not acceptable with IVF when everything is time sensitive.

2013, Unsuccessful
Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." .. He did a donor egg cycle. It was pretty basic and no special protocols were used...Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient.
The nurse [at Brown Fertility] assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion... My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her...I felt like I was in a baby making factory. The wait time for appointments was ridiculous, the care was "one size fits all", and the staff was rude and disorganized.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient. He never got specific with my treatment plans and I felt like he gave me a "one size fits all" protocol.
Go to a different doctor.
The office was always crowded. Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." There is no personal attention at this office. Everyone is a number. They even make everyone start meds at the same time each month so that all the retrievals and transfers are in the same week.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nurse assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion since you are dealing with women who already have been through a grief of not using their own eggs and a loss of biological connection. My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her. After my cycle I got an email from her that said "so I just got back in town.. did you get a positive pregnancy test?" I had already been to the clinic and received a negative blood test. All she had to do was check my chart. Then on my second donor egg cycle that failed, another nurse said to me when she called to give me my negative results "I don't know why it didn't work. We have very high success rates with donor egg. " They were always quick to reference their high success rates but I never received great care or saw positive results.!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The cycles were s but more expensive than the other clinics in the area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The nurse messed up my medicination cycle with the donor. I caught the mistake and alerted her but I don't know if it was too late to affect the cycle. Both transfers resulted in a negative pregnancy test.