6.8

904-260-0352
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515

It took a few visits for Dr. Cabrera to "warm up", but through the stim process I realized how invested he was in our success. He is a man of few words, unless you engage and ask questions. If you speak up he is more than willing to spend the time explaining.... My protocol first called for 225 units of Gonal-F and 20 units of hCG daily. Through the course of stims we lowered the Gonal-F to 175 units and ultimately raised it again to 250 units. Dr. Cabrera closely monitored my US's and bloodwork and made adjustments as necessary.
Everyone at the Orlando office was friendly and helpful anytime we called or visited. We feel that they are just as invested in a successful take home baby! They only weakness became apparent after egg retrieval.... Most IVF patients get a fertilization update, day 3 update and a day 5 update. All as phone calls or emails. I didn't receive any of those and became very frustrated. I reached out to my nurse to explain the frustration and was told unfortunately that's their procedure
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Engage him and he will respond!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Brown Fertility did a great job providing personalized care - from the nursing staff to Dr. Cabrera. They took their time and never made me feel like they were rushing to get through my appointment and on to the next. During stims we had six appointments leading up to egg retrieval and each appointment Dr. Cabrera opened up more and more and you could tell he felt invested. He traveled to Jacksonville to perform my egg retrieval and was generous with his time that day by stopping by before the procedure to see how I was feeling. Due to the number of eggs retrieved and the risk of OHSS he decided it would not be safe to proceed with a fresh transfer as planned. I felt throughout the whole process he was concerned with ultimately creating healthy embryos and a take home baby, but my health and well being as well. When we had out FET training a few weeks post ER we ran into him and he was genuinely concerned with how I was feeling. It felt good to know that he remembered me and I wasn't a name on his long list of patients.
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
My protocol first called for 225 units of Gonal-F and 20 units of hCG daily. Through the course of stims we lowered the Gonal-F to 175 units and ultimately raised it again to 250 units. Dr. Cabrera closely monitored my US's and bloodwork and made adjustments as necessary. Ovidrel was used as my trigger shot. I was on 12 days of stims, triggered on day 13 and retrieval took place on day 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Maria 'Mena' Frey )
Our nurse Mena was assigned our case from day one and has literally held my hand through all of the ups and downs. She has showed so much compassion and frankly went above and beyond when I had crazy questions. She never once acted as if I was bothering her. I always felt like I was her only patient. It realized so much anxiety knowing that she knew us and our case.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone at the Orlando office was friendly and helpful anytime we called or visited. We feel that they are just as invested in a successful take home baby! They only weakness became apparent after egg retrieval. We originally planned to do a fresh transfer, but due to the risk of OHSS we had to freeze all. After ER, while still coming out of anesthesia, they told me how many eggs were retrieved and mentioned I would receive a call in two days with a fertilization update. ER was on a Friday and the call came on Sunday around 7:30am just as promised. I was told that 22 had fertilized and 9 looked to be growing appropriately. I asked when I would receive the next update and was told to try to wait to call back until the following Friday as the Embryologist would be busy with fresh transfers that coming week. I patiently waited and call first thing that next Friday. When I called in I was told the information wasn't available. I would receive a card in the mail in two weeks with the requested information. That seemed absurd to me, so I took to a FB IVF Support Group to ask if this was the norm. Remember I hadn't planned to do a FET so I wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting. Turns out I wasn't. Most IVF patients get a fertilization update, day 3 update and a day 5 update. All as phone calls or emails. I didn't receive any of those and became very frustrated. I reached out to my nurse to explain the frustration and was told unfortunately that's their procedure and until the Embryologist inputs the information into their system the nurses don't have access to the information. After a emails and calls, someone was able to get our embryo info and called me back. I don't know if it was the hormones or the fact that I felt like me went through so much and I just wanted to know if it was all worth it. Did we have anything to freeze at the end! The clinic did recognize that their process is flawed. Most patients would not be willing to wait for an embryo update to be sent in the mail two weeks post ER. I hope this something they are working to revise.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
We paid $8995 for our first IVF cycle, that did not include the trial transfer ($300), anesthesia ($300) for the egg retrieval or the first round of medications ($4500). In total we paid $14,095. Since we weren't able to do a fresh transfer we have to pay $1000 for the FET conversion and $500 for additional medications. In total we will have spent $15,595. This includes one year of storage fees for our frozen embryos. We did not do PGS/PGD testing.
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Brown Fertility highly recommends single embryo transfer, especially for a fresh transfer and anyone 30 or younger. They do allow two embryo transfers during a FET or patients over 35.
Orlando

We first went in for male infertility. She [Dr. Hollins] explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. ... IUI- ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts. 5 days of femara (starting on day 2 of cycle). 2nd ultrasound to make sure follicles looked good. Overdril trigger shot. IUI procedure completed by RNP.
When I was getting bloodwork done before selecting a sperm donor, a CMV test was not ordered. ... The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room [Brown Fertility] and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
We first went in for male infertility. She explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. I got bloodwork done and the office would not go over it with me over the phone, I had to make a consultation appointment which was expensive. The one test I wanted to get the results for wasn't ordered so I left without that result.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
She would explain things very rushed sometimes leaving my husband and I confuse or with questions. The appointment would go so quickly I would forget my questions and then not have access to ask questions after. She was very nice and my husband felt comfortable with her.
Describe the protocols Lori Hollins used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Opdycke)
Very pleased with the two nurses and nurse practitioner I worked closely with.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
At the Baptist South location, the lady that you check in with is cold and does not have a warm personality. The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility.
IUI costed $1,000 for one round, not including the fertility drugs.
Lori Hollins

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Hes [Dr. Samuel Brown] very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
They [the nurses at Brown Fertility- Orlando] are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Hell answer all your questions if you get to meet with him, unfortuntaley hes very busy but one time I had a question he even called me back on christmas day which is very kind. Sometime I dont think he looked at the paperwork of the patient hes about to talk to but that's understandable as hes got so many. He actually seems he cares. He had high hopes for me by the way he talked and was honest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Keep in mind hes very busy so you might have to remind him what's your diagnosis and the time you get with him cause your mainly with the nurses and such and hes just busy. All seriously hes honest and kind. So he will care about you and answer your question. You will have someone that wants to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He looked at me, answered all my questions,asked about my life, was kind,sense of humanity.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
I had so many it's hard to remember. Hes very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
They are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I wouldnt change anything about the nurses. My dr maybe being able to email him or something if you had questions only he could answer or wanted to talk to him but that's what the nurses are for. He explains, answers,comunicates,kind and caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
Hes cost were the most affordable. I think it was under 16k for ivf.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
I was 30 when I transferred and because of that I could only do one plus because of my age he had high Hope's I wish I could of done more but when I do my fet he will let me do two which is good.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Samuel Brown] Start with the least invasive. Used Femara for my first three IUI treatments with increasing dosages to produce follicles. We switched to Gonal-F for the final IUI when I didn’t respond to Femara. Used ovidrel trigger shot each time. IVF used Gonal, HCG, and a third injection to get mature follicles for 12 days.... Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
They [Brown Fertility- Orlando] often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.... All of the nurses I saw were amazing! They were there to offer support when a treatment failed and you showed up for another round. Compassion was definitely not lacking.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown sells you the dream of being a parent. From the first time you meet him and go over your options for treatments he is assuring you that it will work. I had my first meeting and he told me that he wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant that month, unfortunately IUI didn’t work for me. I had four failed attempts and we moved to IVF. We were successful on our first round of IVF with a fresh embryo. We are currently preparing to do our first frozen embryo transfer.
Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
When I met with Dr. Brown he always remembered details we had talked about previously and had a positive attitude towards my treatment. His nurses were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.
Insurance didn’t cover any of our treatments. Each monitoring US was $250, and IUI was $500. So roughly $1000 for each round of IUI. IVF was about $9000 plus the cost of medication for both.
We only transferred one fresh embryo because of my age. We have the option of one or two frozen embryos.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Brown] was a very good communicator and was very knowledgeable. He is good at changing protocols if something didn’t work. He does seem to underplay the risks and focuses more on the outcomes. But he was very blunt and direct which I liked but others may find harsh....Dr brown said because I had DOR he would consider transferring 2 embryos, however we ultimately decided to do 1. If this cycle doesn’t work we will do PGS and transfer 1
I love the nursing staff! They [Brown Fertility] are very good at communication and are all very good at making me feel comfortable....We planned to PGS test the embryos and paid the fee of $4000. However, 3 weeks later we were told there was a lab fee of $2000 additional, which was never conveyed to us. We simply could not afford to pay $6000 plus our cycle cost all at the same time. Therefore, we asked to cancel the PGS...and were told they didn’t know if we would get a refund. After many back and forth phone calls with the billing team we finally got our refund.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He was a very good communicator and was very knowledgeable. He is good at changing protocols if something didn’t work. He does seem to underplay the risks and focuses more on the outcomes. But he was very blunt and direct which I liked but others may find harsh.
Come with a list of questions. Be prepared to wait. You won’t see him at every visit.
Long wait times for short visits, which often felt rushed. That being said, Dr. Brown always remembered me and did give good information when we spoke with him
First stim cycle we were on final 200. I had low follicle counts and final was increased. The cycle was ultimately cancelled as I only had 2-3 follicles. Next cycle we started with final 450 and had much better results, retrieved 14 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina and Tonya)
I love the nursing staff! They are very good at communication and are all very good at making me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Long wait times. Spend most of the time with true nurses and not much face to face with the doctor. The nurses are wonderful. The billing team needs some work, often times could not answer my questions and every cost sheet was wrong and had to be updated.
Cycle cost $4000, meds $2000-3000 on average
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
We planned to PGS test the embryos and paid the fee of $4000. However, 3 weeks later we were told there was a lab fee of $2000 additional, which was never conveyed to us. We simply could not afford to pay $6000 plus our cycle cost all at the same time. Therefore, we asked to cancel the PGS (no consents were signed yet, nothing had been done yet in terms of testing) and were told they didn’t know if we would get a refund. After many back and forth phone calls with the billing team we finally got our refund. In the future we will probably PGS test, but we just felt like we weren’t given all the information and costs up front, which created a lot of financial stress and anxiety
Orlando

I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. ... When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing. ... They [Brown Fertility] use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Strength [of Brown Fertility]- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates ... They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Cabrera is compassionate but I do feel that the entire office is not open to exploring immune protocols or really anything other than what is considered very basic and standard. Dr. Cabrera is very friendly and kind, he has a great bedside manner but at the end of the day I still am not pregnant and don’t know why.
Advocate for yourself and ask upfront before beginning treatment, if there is a protocol you are interested in trying, ask if they are willing to implement such things if things aren’t working otherwise. After failure I asked about adding some things that are geared toward possible immune problems and though they were aware of such things they wouldn’t even discuss implementing them.
My 1st consultation was great, but most of the appts following I felt really rushed and like the office was over scheduled. I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. I did not have success at Brown but I have mixed emotions on the office.
They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Nursing staff was generally overall great
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strength- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates
IVF 8,995 ICSI 4-500 Assisted Hatching 4-500 Anesthesia 450 Endo Scratch 250 Hcg test 125 Genetic prescribing maternal 2-500 (can’t remember exactly) IVF meds 5500 Prescreening bloodwork female 1200 Male bloodwork 400
We ended up doing a double embryo transfer but only because I pushed in our fresh cycle. When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps...Dr. Brown takes the time to listen to you and your partner. He remembers who you are each time you go in and remembers your diagnosis. He is very positive...compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children.
The IVF [at Brown Fertility] is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos...Strengths: compassion, spa atmosphere, organized, responds adequately, keeps you update, contacts you immediately, takes care of you medicine orders and many things that a working adult may not have time to complete and deal with. They remember things that you may forget and remind you of deadlines. Weaknesses: none
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children. He understands the struggle and is supportive. We are beginning the IVF process and he has been on top of everything.
Make sure you are clear on any diagnosis, your goals, and medicines that you are taking.
After 8 years of infertility, countless medicated cycles, 4 failed IUI's, 3 laproscopy surgeries, stage 2 endometriosis diagnosis we turned to Dr. Brown for IVF. We are just beginning the process. He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps. I just got my official calendar last week and completed blood work today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen Maor)
She is very down to earth. She explained the IVF process completely and fully. When I email her she replies almost immediately. As soon as I paid the initial fee she emailed me my official calendar the next day. She got my blood work papers to me as soon as I emailed her which lab my insurance company preferred.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos.
If you are 35+ years old Dr. Brown prefers to transfer 2 embryos. I am completely fine with that because I want my chances of success as high as possible.
Orlando

Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process.... He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails....I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They [Brown Fertility] are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.... Ivf was $9,000 without meds
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process. I kept my faith in God and it was a success
If you feel uncomfortable about something or have questions don't hesitate to ask and receive clarity. He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails.
All of the nurses in the office are very sweet and take the time to remember details about you. Emily is great! Dr. Brown is kind and as emotionally supportive as any man that sees patients struggling with fertility on a daily bases can be.
I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well and producing too many eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
They are sweet, caring and compassionate. I love them!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.
Ivf was $9,000 without meds and an additional $350 for anesthesia during egg retrieval. We had to pay an additional $1000 to complete an FET because we had a mandatory freeze all due to OHSS. Our 2nd FET was $3,500 without meds
He is very verbal about the risk associated with multiples and the health risk and possible complications. He suggest onl y transferring 1 embryo for fresh and 2 for frozen.
Orlando

Dr. Brown has a kind manner to him. He is very positive and up-beat. He also is great about explaining the process to you while it is going on so you don't feel left in the dark. The only appointment that I didn't see Dr. Brown for was the egg retrieval as they have another doctor in their clinic complete those... For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Overall this clinic was great. We did our monitoring appointments locally and had the results sent to them, but any time I needed to get in touch with someone, there was always an answer. Even when I had to repeatedly call them at 7am because bloodwork orders weren't received (the issue was on the lab's side, not Brown Fertility's), they were always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Everyone at Dr. Brown's office was incredible! They talked with you and not at you or down to you. The nurses remembered nuances from previous visits that let us know that they saw us as people.
For the retrieval, we did birth control for 3 weeks leading up to starting the protocol. Five days after stopping the birth control, I started taking 225 units Gonal-F and 20 units Lo Dose HCG. I continued this until the retrieval (we did lower the Gonal-F dosage slightly the week of the retrieval because I was producing a ton of follicles). For the frozen transfers, I took birth control for about 3 1/2 weeks. At week 3, I started taking 10 units Lupron. The Lupron continued for almost 4 weeks. I started taking Estradiol around 2 weeks before the transfer and started progesterone 1 week before. For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Howell)
Sarah was very helpful during the frozen embryo transfer process. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get in touch with her usually within 24 hours - if not Sarah, then I would always be able to speak with someone who could help. The only thing I didn't care for about the FET nurse versus the nurse I had during the retrieval process was that they didn't call you after your monitoring appointments to let you know how things looked. The response I received upon calling and asking for an update was that they would call us if there was a problem and if everything looked ok, they wouldn't call. When you are spending as much time, money, and energy on this, it is nice to get a call either way just to ease your mind.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF process cost $8,995 plus a $375 initiation fee. There was also a $350 charge for the anesthesia for the retrieval and a $549 for the trial transfer. When we had to cancel our fresh transfer, they charged us an additional $1000 for the frozen embryo transfer cycle. When we did our second FET, the total cost was $3870 ($3495 + $375 initiation fee). All medications were charged separately, and we also paid separately for the monitoring ultrasounds since we didn't go to Brown Fertility for them. If we had gone to the clinic, the ultrasounds would've been included in the prices we originally paid.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Brown was not only our doctor, but he helped counsel my husband and I without pressuring us to do the next step unless it's what we agreed upon. I appreciated his transparency. Dr. Brown's goal wasn't just to get us pregnant, but to ensure that my body was properly operating in order to become pregnant.... Dr. Brown always explained everything to us in a professional, but blunt manner. I appreciated his honesty, even though the news wasn't always what I wanted to hear, he still had a way of being sensitive.
All of the staff [Brown Fertility] is compassionate, friendly and very personable. I consider a lot of them friends now. They always encourage you. The clinic's weakness is time management. I didn't always have to wait an hour for an appointment, but it did happen quite often. I would tell potential patients to be patient and know that the staff really does care and take the time to address all of the patient's needs (even if it takes longer).... Monitoring ultrasounds were $150. Insemination was $500.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Make early appointments and be prepared to wait if you don't. Just know that none of the staff are going to rush through your appointment and that is why they run behind. Don't be surprised if you have to wait for an hour. Know going to the appointment that you will have to wait (not always, but a lot of the time).
We did 8 rounds of IUI using femara and ovidrel. It wasn't standard protocol for patients to do 8 rounds of IUI, but at the time, that is all my husband was willing to do and Dr. Brown respected that. We knew the likelihood of having a positive outcome was slim, but as couple, that is what we agreed upon. When we finally decided to do IVF, we completed one egg retrieval and retrieved 8 eggs. One didn't make it and another one didn't survive as an embryo. We had 6 healthy embryos. We transferred one fresh, day 5 blastocyst that resulted in with a negative pregnancy test. After that we transferred two frozen day 5 embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy for which I am 30 weeks along currently. :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Weidner)
Morgan was always available via email to answer any questions. When I phoned her, if I couldn't talk to her right away, she would always phone me back. Love her!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
All of the staff is compassionate, friendly and very personable. I consider a lot of them friends now. They always encourage you. The clinic's weakness is time management. I didn't always have to wait an hour for an appointment, but it did happen quite often. I would tell potential patients to be patient and know that the staff really does care and take the time to address all of the patient's needs (even if it takes longer).
Monitoring ultrasounds were $150. Insemination was $500. Standard IVF was $8500, but that did not include medicine, ICSI, embryo storage and other fees. FET was $5000 (I think). I was very blessed that my insurance covered all of this.
My husband and I were always told what was recommended, but were allowed to make the ultimate decision. In the end, we did what was recommended.
Orlando
Doctor Cabrera performed a polypectomy on me and I am currently undergoing treatment with a medicated cycle. We are still early in our treatment but Doctor Cabrera is thoughtful and kind and will explain everything until it is understood fully. He is helpful and compassionate, while also being knowledgeable and empathetic.... My only advice would be to make an appointment that is after work or during a day you can take off from work. The clinic tends to run late appointment times.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Walking into the Brown Fertility office in Orlando, you are received with a warm welcome and smile. Dr. Cabrera is always respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff at Brown Fertility are wonderful. They are sweet and compassionate! Even when overwhelmed with appointment times or patients, they make you feel like they know you and care about you.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Brown Fertility’s strengths are that it is one of the best fertility clinics within Central Florida, they are highly rated and give (from what I’ve seen) the best pricing. They are organized, knowledgeable and helpful. Their major weakness would be their appointments running late. The past two times I have visited them I’ve waited over an hour for my appointment and stayed at the clinic for about 1.5-2 hours. I understand that clinics this large have overbookings and especially when it comes to baseline testing for CD3 (that’s something you cannot fully control). Waiting for my appointments has affected my job, I’ve been late or had to leave early 4 times now. I respect the Doctor and Nurse’s time but do become frustrated. They are always apologetic and helpful, though!
Orlando
If you are under 35 he [Dr. Samuel Brown] will only implant 1 embryo...every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us...very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does...let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
Strengths [at Brown Fertility] - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly...They [nurses] are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown is very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does.
Start saving now. Even though he is the most affordable we found. It's still a bill you can't get used to.
The office is always busy. But every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us. All his nurses and staff are friendly. Everyone seems to genuinely care. When you have the inevitable breakdown from the stress and heartbreak of another failed month I am never shut down. I am met with concern encouragement and kindness.
Dr brown let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily NP)
I have zero weaknesses to write about. They are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly.
I had to pay about 500 per iui with a 90 dollar shot and my IVF will be about 5k with 3k worth of shots... of course this all depends on your insurance. Since Florida Blue does not offer very great fertility coverage I have had to foot a lot of the bills
If you are under 35 he will only implant 1 embryo. I dont personally agree with it. It's very upsetting to know u could have a higher chance with 2 but he doesnt want to risk too many multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
When we were getting ready for the genetic testing we had to do a gene screening. I tested positive for taysacs. I amMethodist. My husband who is ashkenazi Jewish needed to be tested to see if we could ever conceive together. The results took forever to get in. And when they were finally in it took 2 days to get someone who "could read the results". Looking back the wait time was not that bad but i was freaking out about the possibility of never being able to have a child with my husband. When I finally got the call and I inevitably broke down (from the good news that he was a negative carrier) the nurse was very apologetic and seemed to care that I was so upset about having to wait. This is the only issue I have ever had.
Orlando
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything.... when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle.
I love the ladies at Brown fertility they were so compassionate and caring. They are willing to work to get things done. They want to make sure that you're getting the next care possible.... sometimes they can run behind, but be patient they're going to give you some great care. They'll give you all your options and explain what they think is your best route, but give you the option to chose your route and what you want to do.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything. Breaks things down and explains why you're doing it. He also treats you as a person and not just another patient he has to get through.
trust him, if he's telling you to do something do it.
when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle. We started on bc for 2 wks then stims, then did a freeze all. Frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey )
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
since i had met my out of pocket max just the deposit to hold my cycle spot
If we did a fresh we could only transfer 1 where if we did a frozen we had the option to transfer 2
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
just once we had an appointment that was not put into the system but they worked us in and we were seen pretty close to when our appointment was supposed to be.
Orlando

He [Dr. Samuel Brown] used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all...We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
The clinic [Brown Fertility] is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day...My AMH is extremely low for my age. This was never revealed to me after thousands of dollars of labs were done. My protocol was never changed from the “standard” that could have effected my results or persuaded us to go another direction with our procedures. My labs were drawn and in the clinics hand bedor starting the IVF process.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
When we First met Dr. Brown we were very impressed with his knowledge in bed. He told us that we would have a 90%-100% chance of getting pregnant if we went straight to IVF. We are experiencing secondary fertility at that time 32 years old. We decided to go ahead with IVF process and win had all my labs drawn as well as my husband. We ended up doing a retrieval with a 5 day fresh transfer with one embryo and also a frozen transfer with our last two embryos a few months later ( there were four eggs for trade total, three of them made it to five day embryos). Neither were successful and after our cycle, I was doing my research and looking at my labs for a reason why at 32 years old, we were unable to retrieve any more than four eggs and found out that my AMH levels are extremely low. This was never relayed to me by Dr. Brown which made me think that he either never reviewed my ($5000) labs or did and didn’t tell me. We have started with another Infertility clinic and will not be returning back to Brown Fertility for this reason.
Do not get your hopes up if he promises you the moon. Do your own research and be your own advocate. You have to ask questions and not be afraid to speak up for yourself.
We went to Dr. Brown and were told we would have an 90-100% chance of pregnancy if we did IVF. We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
He used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day. The nursing staff is wonderful and always helpful. The front office staff is neutral (not super friendly but also not rude). Go into your consultation with questions and knowing what you want out of your experience.
It was around $9000 for the retrieval and fresh transfer. We also paid $4000 for the second frozen transfer.
For our frozen transfer, we transferred two embryos mainly because they were our last two.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well.... My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF....He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they [Brown Fertility] are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well. Emily was very compassionate and explained the possibilities of what could happen. My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF. After the surgery it was concluded that after all of the scar tissue I had on my fallopian tubes that we would not be able to do a non invasive treatment and needed to do IVF. Due financial issues we were unable to continue because we could not afford to do IVF. Currently we are saving up to do a round. Dr. Brown did assure me that I would be able to carry but because the egg is unable to meet the sperm in my body I could not conceive naturally. Overall the staff was wonderful and made me feel fully comfortable with all that was going on and was very thorough with all that occurred.
He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail. You wont think he is rushing as he gives you all the time you need to fully understand what he is saying to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily ARNP)
Emily was very compassionate and made sure you understood all that was happening before she moved on. Loved her
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
9000 for one round of ivf and 3000 for medication
2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Brown did our egg retrieval and transfer. He did a fresh transfer with only one egg because I was under the age of 30. He only transfers more than 1 embryo of you're over 30. They did ICSI on all our embryos...Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. He understands his field very well and has compassion for his patients. He can tend to be somewhat flighty and forget who his patients are from time to time though...He's a good doctor, but can seem like he doesn't know his patients that well because he sees so many on a daily basis
This clinic [Brown Fertility] is like a well oiled machine. They are very efficient at what they do. Patients get in and out easily, but the wait times can sometimes be very long so be prepared to wait. The waiting rooms are nice but there's always that awkward silence you find at any fertility clinic...Dr. Brown has a wonderful nursing staff! They made the entire process so much easier. They are all very compassionate and understanding...It's easy to feel like a number when they group you in a cycle with a bunch of other people
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. He understands his field very well and has compassion for his patients. He can tend to be somewhat flighty and forget who his patients are from time to time though. There were a few times he asked us the same questions multiple times.
Dr. Brown did our egg retrieval and transfer. He did a fresh transfer with only one egg because I was under the age of 30. He only transfers more than 1 embryo of you're over 30. They did ICSI on all our embryos but they didn't do genetic testing on them, only on my partner and myself. We did end up getting pregnant with the 1 embryo. 14 eggs were retrieved and 13 fertilized.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
This clinic is like a well oiled machine. They are very efficient at what they do. Patients get in and out easily, but the wait times can sometimes be very long so be prepared to wait. The waiting rooms are nice but there's always that awkward silence you find at any fertility clinic.
At the time of our egg retrieval and embryo transfer we paid around 14k for medicine and the procedure. Just an embryo transfer is around 4k.
Dr. Brown only likes to transfer 1 embryo for those patients under 30. He didn't like the idea of transferring more than 2 at a time. He stated that the odds didn't increase anymore with putting more embryos into the uterus.
Orlando
For the most part, the nursIng staff [Brown Fertility] was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I really like Dr. Brown. However I did not feel like his treatment process best met my needs. I did not feel like an individual patient at this clinic I felt like I was just a number. I rarely saw Dr. Brown. I saw Dr. Rose a few times and really liked him as well. However there was never any communication about when I would not be seeing Dr. Brown. What upset me the most was how I felt like we were herded like cattle through the IVF and FET process. Waiting times were often delayed and the waiting times to complete the IVF and FET procedures were usually delayed way over an hour. In my opinion this is unacceptable and unprofessional. It was also not communicated well when a doctor other than Dr. Brown would be doing a procedure. I walked into an FET procedure meeting a doctor I had never met before for the first time. I, along with many other patients that were waiting as well we’re very upset about this. I also feel that there were several things that were not communicated to me a precaution that I could have taken. I did not know that I should not be taking allergy medicine while doing IUIs. Additionally I have an MTHR factor that could have easily tested for however was not. I only found out that I had this factor because I pulled up previous test results that I had with my primary care physician. This is something that is important to know when trying to conveive. I finally had had enough and switched to a new doctor.
Do your research. Ask a lot of questions and make them answer them and take the time to answer them. Verify who your doctor will be for all of your procedures. Expect to wait a long time. Appointments are rarely ever on time.
Dr. Brown is very nice but he does batch cycling. So all of his patients who are having a certain procedure or herded into a one-week timeframe. There were so many people waiting for the same procedure and appointments every time I went when it was for IVF or FET. I felt like we were moved through the process like cattle. It was not enjoyable and very stressful. I also did several unmedicated IUIs (only trigger shot) with This facility. These are more tailored to your own cycle.
We did IUI several times. They were unmedicated except for the trigger shot. We did not see a doctor for these but an NP performed all of them. We then moved on to IVF. During a scan they found cells in my uterus and we were scheduled to do a hyperoscopy. We had a fresh transfer that was successful but ended in a miscarriage. We then had one FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember. It changed in the middle and several times )
For the most part, the nursIng staff was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent (i thri k it was more that latter). She could not find certain equipment that the doctor was looking for during the procedure and you could tell that he was getting very frustrated. She also did not know how to use the machine properly to print out the uktrasounds. The most alarming experience was that she was the nurses helping complete one of our FETs. During the procedure she could not find the equipment that the doctor wanted. And just was completely an experienced with doing this process. It was shocking to say the least.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: apparently they have a high success rate. I was not one of them though. Clean facility and nice atmosphere. Weaknesses: batch cycling, not seeing a doctor each visit, wait times, miscommunications, not setting the correct expectations.
Our insurance does not cover any fertility treatments. Below are the estimated costs that I remember. Appointment visit $250 - $500, IUI $3000, IVF $10,000, all medications for IVF and FET $20,000
I wanted to transfer two embryos and Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose were OK with this
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Did not test for a MTHFR factor which is relevant for Fertility Did not appropriate communicate which medication you should not be taking during fertility treatments
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
As a patient I felt like my dream was possible, dr.cabrera told me I had everything for me except one thing, but he still had strong faith of me becoming a mother. He would talk to me try to explain everything I had concerns or questions about. We're not sure why the transfers have not worked yet, but we are not giving up. Dr Cabrera says it will happen.
The nurses [at Brown Fertility] there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.... They have a lot of strengths the only weaknesses I would describe is not being capable of taking pictures of your embryos before inserting them. I was a little disappointed not being able to see there quality myself, but other than that this clinic has been great to me.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Ask every question u have don't be afraid.
Time was taken with me every questioned i asked was answered to the best possible.
My first cycle I used very little stims gonal-f, estradiol,crinone,lupron,baby aspirin, and my trigger shot. Everything worked great. Just did not end in a positive prergnancy test
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nurses there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.
My first step of ivf cost about 10,000 my additional FETs were 3500 each
My dr would only do 1 embryo the first transfer because of my age and my chances of becoming pregnant they were afraid of multiple pregnancies.
Orlando

He [Dr. Brown] spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!...He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative!
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic [Brown Fertility] was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer...[nurses were] Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown explained to us what to expect the first time we met him. He gave us things to avoid during treatment and told us what to take. He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative! Dr. Brown is the best RE out there!!
He's not going to sugar coat things. He tells you like it is. Facts!
Dr. Brown is amazing! He spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!
I took clomid which made me crazy I explained to them that I couldn't stand the way it made me (crazy and mean) so they changed me to be made followed by a trigger shot and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility.
Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything. This is what to expect
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer. I would want to go to any other clinic!
Over all it was around $16,000 with medication
2010 - 2013, Successful
I thought he [Dr. Brown] was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments ... He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you. ... I pushed for multiple embryos because the quality was poor. So this wasn’t an issue
More often than not, my appointments [Brown Fertility] were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work. ... I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. ... I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I thought he was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments
If money is an issue, push for more aggressive treatments.
He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you.
I really don’t remember specifics 7 years after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Brown)
I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance. As far as the nurse coordinator she seemed overwhelmed often and rushed. She was abrupt which didn’t bother me but I never felt like she was really listening to my concerns.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They have since opened their own office in a stand alone building that I’m guessing years of my treatments helped to fund. I have not been to their current location except for their grand opening party.
I remember asking around and he seemed to be on the lower end price-wise but again, this was years ago.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. I was trying to follow up with an endocrinologist and I wanted those tests to share. More often than not, my appointments were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work.
Orlando

Dr. Brown is a Sales person. He keep talking about how he was the cheapest and and how other facility will charge me more without results. Never about my issues and how he was going to help my husband and I...He didn't take the time to know my name. Didn't care to why I was there, just keep say how I would be pregnant by the end of the year.. Never explained how...Try to look for a different specialist.
I didn't get any treatment plan [at Brown Fertility] because it took them 3 month just to all my results from blood work and almost a month just to get an appointment to get those results...10,500.00 per cycle . I remember that because he [Dr. Brown] keep bragging on how they are the cheapest...The only good thing about this place is that they take medical insurance Everything else is not good. From the first appointment they make you wait an hour after your appointment. It takes a month just to see the doctor to get results. Very stressful place
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Try to look for a different specialist. infertility is hard enough, don't go to a practice that will make it harder
I didn't get any treatment plan because it took them 3 month just to all my results from blood work and almost a month just to get an appointment to get those results
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
10,500.00 per cycle . I remember that because he keep bragging on how they are the cheapest

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Brown] clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing. ... He’s always talked to me without making me feel like he’s rushed to get to his next patient. Very compassionate too.
The office [Brown Fertility] is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn. ... In general I felt like the nurses were enthusiastic to see me and always got someone good to draw my blood
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing.
Write down the things you’d like to ask him before you go in. He will answer everything, you just need to be prepared. Also bring a book or Netflix while you wait.
When I asked him about why he chose certain protocols over others he had good explanations that were specific to my case.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn.
Orlando

Make him [Dr. Samuel Brown] give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not...He is a very intelligent man. I realize he's helped many people, so he must be doing something right, I just never felt that. I felt like I wasn't given a full picture. I feel like he never explored another option. His bedside manner leaves a little to be desired...To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment [at Brown Fertility]. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds...The majority of the nurses were wonderful...the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Get options. Make him give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
The majority of the nurses were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There's a lot of stress in the patients because of what they are going thru. They feel like Dr Brown holds their future in his hands. It would've been beneficial to have less fluff and more reality right up front.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After my first ivf positive pregnancy test, the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.
Orlando

I have really only had consultations with Brown. I really dislike that it can take hours for him to appear at your scheduled appointment. I didn't like that he didn't go over my blood work results with me. He is very nice and easy going though....So far ive only done iui's. He has baseline ultrasounds done throughout first part of cycle. No ultrasound on day of insemination. Prefers femera over clomid for prescriptions.
[Brown Fertility] Can run behind on appointments. Seems they schedule multiple appointments at the same time. Everyone is really nice though. If you have latex allergies they will ask you every time. Office is full of smiling faces and always has HGTV on.... With iui it was about 1250$ per cycle. 3 u/s at 250 and 500 for iui... Emily really makes you feel great. Brown is really nice. The office is quick to help with any issues you may have
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Be prepared to be patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily is super awesome, patient, kind
With iui it was about 1250$ per cycle. 3 u/s at 250 and 500 for iui
Orlando
Dr. Rose is extremely warm when discussing our health. He is also really thorough and wants to make sure you cover all the bases before moving forward with treatment. Having had 3 miscarriages, I truly appreciate the diligence he has shown in crossing all our T’s and dotting all our I’s.... We waited almost 2 hours to be seen, but once we were with Dr. Rose, it was worth every second. You never feel rushed or like you’re just a number. We had a Saturday appointment, so that could be why it took so long.
We waited almost 2 hours to be seen, but once we were with Dr. Rose, it was worth every second. You never feel rushed or like you’re just a number. We had a Saturday appointment, so that could be why it took so long.... The staff [Brown Fertility] forgot to send our requisitions for blood work to the lab. Then after then sent it, they realized the next day that they forgot to send one more, so my husband had to go for blood work twice.
How was your experience with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
Be prepared that it takes time. All good things come to those who wait. :)
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
We waited almost 2 hours to be seen, but once we were with Dr. Rose, it was worth every second. You never feel rushed or like you’re just a number. We had a Saturday appointment, so that could be why it took so long. We’re on kunin the beginning stages of our journey, but I’m already so impressed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The staff forgot to send our requisitions for blood work to the lab. Then after then sent it, they realized the next day that they forgot to send one more, so my husband had to go for blood work twice.
Bruce Rose