6.5

904-260-0352
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515

Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect...He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details...He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details...Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions.
[Brown Fertility] Clean very warm and friendly...Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Refael Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect....Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions. He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clean very warm and friendly
Rafael Cabrera
Jacksonville
For the most part, the nursIng staff [Brown Fertility] was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I really like Dr. Brown. However I did not feel like his treatment process best met my needs. I did not feel like an individual patient at this clinic I felt like I was just a number. I rarely saw Dr. Brown. I saw Dr. Rose a few times and really liked him as well. However there was never any communication about when I would not be seeing Dr. Brown. What upset me the most was how I felt like we were herded like cattle through the IVF and FET process. Waiting times were often delayed and the waiting times to complete the IVF and FET procedures were usually delayed way over an hour. In my opinion this is unacceptable and unprofessional. It was also not communicated well when a doctor other than Dr. Brown would be doing a procedure. I walked into an FET procedure meeting a doctor I had never met before for the first time. I, along with many other patients that were waiting as well we’re very upset about this. I also feel that there were several things that were not communicated to me a precaution that I could have taken. I did not know that I should not be taking allergy medicine while doing IUIs. Additionally I have an MTHR factor that could have easily tested for however was not. I only found out that I had this factor because I pulled up previous test results that I had with my primary care physician. This is something that is important to know when trying to conveive. I finally had had enough and switched to a new doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do your research. Ask a lot of questions and make them answer them and take the time to answer them. Verify who your doctor will be for all of your procedures. Expect to wait a long time. Appointments are rarely ever on time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is very nice but he does batch cycling. So all of his patients who are having a certain procedure or herded into a one-week timeframe. There were so many people waiting for the same procedure and appointments every time I went when it was for IVF or FET. I felt like we were moved through the process like cattle. It was not enjoyable and very stressful. I also did several unmedicated IUIs (only trigger shot) with This facility. These are more tailored to your own cycle.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
We did IUI several times. They were unmedicated except for the trigger shot. We did not see a doctor for these but an NP performed all of them. We then moved on to IVF. During a scan they found cells in my uterus and we were scheduled to do a hyperoscopy. We had a fresh transfer that was successful but ended in a miscarriage. We then had one FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember. It changed in the middle and several times )
For the most part, the nursIng staff was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent (i thri k it was more that latter). She could not find certain equipment that the doctor was looking for during the procedure and you could tell that he was getting very frustrated. She also did not know how to use the machine properly to print out the uktrasounds. The most alarming experience was that she was the nurses helping complete one of our FETs. During the procedure she could not find the equipment that the doctor wanted. And just was completely an experienced with doing this process. It was shocking to say the least.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: apparently they have a high success rate. I was not one of them though. Clean facility and nice atmosphere. Weaknesses: batch cycling, not seeing a doctor each visit, wait times, miscommunications, not setting the correct expectations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
Our insurance does not cover any fertility treatments. Below are the estimated costs that I remember. Appointment visit $250 - $500, IUI $3000, IVF $10,000, all medications for IVF and FET $20,000
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
I wanted to transfer two embryos and Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose were OK with this
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Did not test for a MTHFR factor which is relevant for Fertility Did not appropriate communicate which medication you should not be taking during fertility treatments

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself...With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.

2015, Successful
We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and Dr. Brown always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. My only regret is that Dr. Brown is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing...Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it...
[Brown Fertility] Strengths: The procedure room was large enough to allow for my husband to come in for my transfers. Weaknesses: Too busy. Too many patients to be able to give personal care to everyone. The receptionist asked me for money every time I checked in even though I was completely covered by insurance and I told her this every time. At some point you would think a note would be made on my account or something.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing. One time, he was so eager to get in and out of an exam with me that he opened the door while I was still changing and rather than close the door and wait he held it mostly closed and impatiently stood outside it asking "Ready yet?"
Go somewhere else.
The entire process felt like I was in a baby farm. From the over crowded waiting room to the money demanding receptionists. Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it. It turned out later that I have poor egg quality and could have avoided 4 emotionally draining, expensive and ultimately useless embryo transfers. I left that practice feeling like I wasted a year of my life with a dr who didn't really care about me as an individual but rather as a potential number in a record book.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
The nurses were ok. They were always busy and rushing which is not surprising considering the ridiculous number of patients waiting every time I was there. I have difficult veins to drawn from so most nurses have to use my hands and I left every time with hideous bruises.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
There were multiple times that I came in for a scheduled and verified appointment only to be told when I checked in that I didn't have an appointment on the schedule. This is not acceptable with IVF when everything is time sensitive.

2013, Unsuccessful
Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." .. He did a donor egg cycle. It was pretty basic and no special protocols were used...Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient.
The nurse [at Brown Fertility] assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion... My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her...I felt like I was in a baby making factory. The wait time for appointments was ridiculous, the care was "one size fits all", and the staff was rude and disorganized.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient. He never got specific with my treatment plans and I felt like he gave me a "one size fits all" protocol.
Go to a different doctor.
The office was always crowded. Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." There is no personal attention at this office. Everyone is a number. They even make everyone start meds at the same time each month so that all the retrievals and transfers are in the same week.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nurse assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion since you are dealing with women who already have been through a grief of not using their own eggs and a loss of biological connection. My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her. After my cycle I got an email from her that said "so I just got back in town.. did you get a positive pregnancy test?" I had already been to the clinic and received a negative blood test. All she had to do was check my chart. Then on my second donor egg cycle that failed, another nurse said to me when she called to give me my negative results "I don't know why it didn't work. We have very high success rates with donor egg. " They were always quick to reference their high success rates but I never received great care or saw positive results.!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The cycles were s but more expensive than the other clinics in the area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
The nurse messed up my medicination cycle with the donor. I caught the mistake and alerted her but I don't know if it was too late to affect the cycle. Both transfers resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
2010 - 2013, Successful
I thought he [Dr. Brown] was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments ... He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you. ... I pushed for multiple embryos because the quality was poor. So this wasn’t an issue
More often than not, my appointments [Brown Fertility] were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work. ... I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. ... I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I thought he was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments
If money is an issue, push for more aggressive treatments.
He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you.
I really don’t remember specifics 7 years after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Brown)
I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance. As far as the nurse coordinator she seemed overwhelmed often and rushed. She was abrupt which didn’t bother me but I never felt like she was really listening to my concerns.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They have since opened their own office in a stand alone building that I’m guessing years of my treatments helped to fund. I have not been to their current location except for their grand opening party.
I remember asking around and he seemed to be on the lower end price-wise but again, this was years ago.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. I was trying to follow up with an endocrinologist and I wanted those tests to share. More often than not, my appointments were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work.