Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates to a friend?

7.3

4 doctors
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Adam Griffin] came in specially to do a transfer with me when he was not the scheduled dr for that day. When we finally had a lasting pregnancy he was as thrilled as we were...He will listen. He really wants to work with his patients and collaborate with them to get a baby...He also put me on a 'kitchen sink' protocol with steroids, low dose naltrexone, benadryl and prograf to help combat the inflammation from the endo. I am now 31 weeks pregnant from the first transfer after the pgs testing and endo removal. I had a rough first 2 trimesters with bleeding episodes. Dr Griffin was unbelievably supportive and always allowed me to come in for reassurance scans and talked me through any and all issues that came up
Strengths [at Buffalo Infertility]- open 365 and in house bloodwork...weaknesses - one dr in the clinic prefers tried and true methods and does not like to vary from protocols Be sure to advocate for yourself and push for what you want and ask questions...Dr Griffin was always on top of everything but sometimes the nurses would default to standard protocols and I would need to tell them to speak with griffin and review and make sure I had the treatment my dr and i discussed
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I was with the clinic with another dr for a year before switching to Dr Griffin. He had realized that we were a unique case and needed more help. The dr we had previously kept using tried and true methods for us that weren't working. Dr Griffin took over and did more testing (ERA, hysteroscopy, immune testing etc), and switched us to a natural FET protocol. We got pregnant all 3 transfers with him. The first 2 were chemical pregnancies so we dove into more testing. We PGS tested our embryos and Dr did a lap on me in which he found and removed widespread endometriosis. He also put me on a 'kitchen sink' protocol with steroids, low dose naltrexone, benadryl and prograf to help combat the inflammation from the endo. I am now 31 weeks pregnant from the first transfer after the pgs testing and endo removal. I had a rough first 2 trimesters with bleeding episodes. Dr Griffin was unbelievably supportive and always allowed me to come in for reassurance scans and talked me through any and all issues that came up
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Voice your opinion. He will listen. He really wants to work with his patients and collaborate with them to get a baby
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Dr Griffin is an amazing man and the best Dr I have ever had. He made me feel like I was his only patient and was so passionate. I was a more difficult case and he worked with me every step of the way, developing a protocol specifically for me. He called me on his off hours to discuss all options. He came in specially to do a transfer with me when he was not the scheduled dr for that day. When we finally had a lasting pregnancy he was as thrilled as we were. We came to the office to bring a gift and he spent his hour lunch break sitting and talking with us. What other dr would do that on their personal time. A wonderful man and dr.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths - open 365 and in house bloodwork weaknesses - one dr in the clinic prefers tried and true methods and does not like to vary from protocols Be sure to advocate for yourself and push for what you want and ask questions. Dont just sit back and do whatever they say without getting involved yourself
Describe Adam Griffin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
We tried 2 eSET transfers with untested embryos with a previous dr and they both failed. We had 2 embryos left when we switched to Griffin and he agreed on letting us put both in. They took but resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We did another retrieval and transferred 2 fresh. Again, a chemical pregnancy. We then PGS tested the remaining embryos. The next transfer we opted for eSET again due to the embryo being PGS normal. Griffin agreed though he would have let us put in 2 if we absolutely wanted. That transfer resulted in a lasting pregnancy
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Snyder

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.

PCOS, Unexplained
I loved dr Sullivan. He is always friendly and warm. He always has ideas on how to help me more and never seemed stumped by my infertility and how my body reacts. He has a great sense of humor and keeps the mood light and relaxed but also on topic.... We did femara with trigger shots three times for IUIs and once did an iuI with gonalF injections and trigger shot. Definitely got more response from gonalF and even got a phone call after hours to talk about follicle count
Scheduling [at Buffalo Infertility] is a strength. There’s always open appointments in which to be seen. They’re open 365 days a year and have long hours. They’re organized as well. Certain types of appointments (transfers, retrieval’s and IUIs) are done in the morning. They have a blood work lab right on site and do all ultrasounds in site as well.... Each ultrasound is around $150, blood work is around $75 (for estradiol) and the IVF itself had two different packages. One cycle for $4000 ($3k upfront) and two cycles for $7000.l ($4k upfront)
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Although I did not become pregnant, I do not blame dr Sullivan or the clinic. Dr Sullivan has the perfect personality for such a delicate topic and hard journey for so many people. He is kind, gentle when addressing issues, and stays on topic and addresses every question I could have. I never felt rushed out of his office and I always felt welcome to come to him with questions and concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Go in with an open mind and trust the doctor. Also, do some of your own research but don’t take it all to heart as research online isn’t always accurate. Lastly, become knowledgeable with options so you can ask what’s best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Describe the protocols Michael Sullivan used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
They’re so good. They have good senses of humor and are kind and caring and delicate with this hard journey.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Scheduling is a strength. There’s always open appointments in which to be seen. They’re open 365 days a year and have long hours. They’re organized as well. Certain types of appointments (transfers, retrieval’s and IUIs) are done in the morning. They have a blood work lab right on site and do all ultrasounds in site as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Describe Michael Sullivan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I did one transfer with one embryo and one transfer with two embryos. They aim to do one but my body hasn’t been cooperating so we tried two.
Snyder

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.

He [Dr. Sullivan] was very patient and understanding during my dye test. I was terrified because I had never been in a hospital for any reason. I so appreciated the time he took to explain the procedure and make sure I was ok.... I did a dye test to evaluate my Fallopian tubes. I took Femara, had an ultrasound to evaluate how it was working. Then tested for ovulation at home. Once I got a positive I had an IUI done the following day. I start my second round tomorrow as the first IUI did not work.
Front desk staff [Buffalo Infertility] and answering service should probably be educated more or told not to talk specifics if they do not know what they’re talking about. Every time I would call I felt they had no clue what was going on and it was frustrating....maybe they should know how to read a chart correctly so patients get scheduled for what they have treatment planned.... I feel the nurses are their biggest asset to this clinic. They are always so informed and understanding.
He was very patient and understanding during my dye test. I was terrified because I had never been in a hospital for any reason. I so appreciated the time he took to explain the procedure and make sure I was ok.
Be patient. Educate yourself and ask as many questions as you need to make yourself feel comfortable.
You can tell they care and want to help. They are thorough with your paperwork and assessing you and your partners health history to rule out any possible factors or causes of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
She is great. After my consult I was so overwhelmed. She took me to another room and explained everything again with great detail and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Front desk staff and answering service should probably be educated more or told not to talk specifics if they do not know what they’re talking about. Every time I would call I felt they had no clue what was going on and it was frustrating. I understand they are not medical professionals but maybe they should know how to read a chart correctly so patients get scheduled for what they have treatment planned. My treatment was delayed the first month due to being down one doctor because of vacation. Anyone who is going through this knows how precious time is. I feel the nurses are their biggest asset to this clinic. They are always so informed and understanding. They go out of their way to explain procedures and everything they see on my ultrasounds.
Luckily, we uped our insurance and had HSAs so just have copays at this time but we do not have coverage for IVF so we shall see.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
When I finally tested positive for ovulation I had to call the clinic on a Sunday and leave a message with the answering service. I explained everything to the girl who answered the phone and her response was, “So, are you calling to let us know you got your period?” I had to explain everything to her again and asked to please just have the on call nurse call me ASAP to schedule my IUI the following day. I waited 2 hours and then at the urging of my husband I called back and spoke with a different girl, explained my situation and asked that a nurse call ASAP. The girl said they had a record of my call earlier and the nurse should have already called back so she would get in it ASAP. The nurse called me within 5 minutes and apologized saying something about a miscommunication on their end. Luckily, I was able to schedule the IUI the next day but I was so stressed because I had a whole day of patients myself the following day that I was waiting to call to reschedule because I didn’t know what was going on yet with the IUI appointment.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Griffin] always came in the room with a smile and had jokes to tell to lighten the mood of (what can be) an embarrassing few minutes. He always told me what to expect and never left out details. I always felt knowledgeable and up to speed on my treatments....We did a gentle stim FET because I don’t ovulate on my own and I could see why he chose this route even though it was lengthier and more expensive. He wanted my body in the best place for transfer.
They [Buffalo Infertility] strive for one baby at a time, but I transferred two once to up my chances and it wasn’t my choice initially. But I agreed and I’d do it again... Very well organized. Lab was in a separate area with a sign in sheet and the ultrasound and procedures had another waiting area with sign in sheet... Strengths: communication, compassion, humor, timing of appointments (open EVERY DAY all day), lab right in the office (no outside appointments usually needed in other offices), price was lower than average.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He always came in the room with a smile and had jokes to tell to lighten the mood of (what can be) an embarrassing few minutes. He always told me what to expect and never left out details. I always felt knowledgeable and up to speed on my treatments.
Try to remain stress free. Don’t be so serious. Dr griffin is a good, sometimes goofy doc who will try his hardest to help. I always felt like part of a family
He was always friendly. He remembered I was going to a concert and asked me about it at one of my appointments and that really surprised me, in a good way!
Describe the protocols Adam Griffin used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates and their degree of success.
Always in a good mood, making jokes which is really important.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths: communication, compassion, humor, timing of appointments (open EVERY DAY all day), lab right in the office (no outside appointments usually needed in other offices), price was lower than average. Weaknesses: nothing that I can think of besides the fact I didn’t get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Two IVF cycles for $7000 and a cycle worth of labs and ultrasounds were around $1000
They strive for one baby at a time, but I transferred two once to up my chances and it wasn’t my choice initially. But I agreed and I’d do it again
Snyder

Due to another doctor leaving I started seeing Dr Griffin at the start of our IVF cycle and he wasn’t that familiar with our case. But he was always very companionate and hopeful with us along the way. ... IVF ICSI because of Male factor (obstruction) Antagonist protocol due to low AMH level Took meds for 13 days I was a slow responder. ... He did prepare me for the worst during a couple appointments, sometimes I wish he would have been a little bit more straight forward but other than that he was great.
Strength [Buffalo Infertility & IVF Assoc]- organized. Monitoring apts were quick and easy to go to. Weekness - phone calls seemed rushed at times. Waiting time varies. ... Be your own advocate. Write everything down and take notes. Also trust your instincts and push for what’s best for you. ... Very nice in person [nursing staff] but sometimes I would feel rushed during the afternoon phone calls with next steps during cycle.
He is very compassionate and easy to talk to. He did prepare me for the worst during a couple appointments, sometimes I wish he would have been a little bit more straight forward but other than that he was great.
Come prepared with questions and write everything down and he will take the time to explain everything thoroughly
IVF ICSI because of Male factor (obstruction) Antagonist protocol due to low AMH level Took meds for 13 days I was a slow responder. He thinks it the Birth Control I took before May have over surpressed me. So next cycle we would not do BC. Retrieval 9 eggs 8 mature 7 fertilized 5 grew normal Transferred 2 embryos Remainder were not strong enough to freeze Transferred 2 embryos. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Also want to note I came down with the flu right after transfer. High fever no GI issues.
Very nice in person but sometimes I would feel rushed during the afternoon phone calls with next steps during cycle.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Be your own advocate. Write everything down and take notes. Also trust your instincts and push for what’s best for you. Strength- organized. Monitoring apts were quick and easy to go to. Weekness - phone calls seemed rushed at times. Waiting time varies.
Insurance covered partial meds and 50% procedure. I reached lifetime max with meds so no more coverage. Billing was always timely

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Sullivan] thoroughly answers all of my questions. He spends the time necessary at every appt. He does all of my US, not a nurse. He is willing to try and suggest different test or treatments to figure out why nothing is working for us. When things dont work i can see his genuine frustration and concern. ... Dr Sullivan and Dr griffin are a team. So I sometimes see dr Griffin, whom I trust and care for equal to dr Sullivan.
The only issue i have ever come across (im a travel patient, I live 90 miles away) I sometimes go to a local hospital for bloodwork. Im supposed to be drawn before 9 am for same day results and they fax the order. Whether its the doctor office or my local facility, the paperwork isn't always there. I have to wait for the office [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associations] to start answering phones at 9 am.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Sullivan and Dr griffin are a team. So I sometimes see dr Griffin, whom I trust and care for equal to dr Sullivan. My frustration lies in being "unexplained". But i do feel that the Drs are trying everything they know to do.
Be patient, it is a long journey. Every time you think "this is going to be the answer". That's not always the case. But the Drs truly care ans are willing to try and suffest whatever it takes to reach your goals.
He thoroughly answers all of my questions. He spends the time necessary at every appt. He does all of my US, not a nurse. He is willing to try and suggest different test or treatments to figure out why nothing is working for us. When things dont work i can see his genuine frustration and concern.
We started with birth control, lupron, a baseline scan and bloodwork, added follistim with regular scans and bloodwork (sometimes daily) then trigged with ovidrel. I had 18 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertalize and 2 make it to 5 day blast. I did a fresh transfer of one embryo, using endometrin tabs and froze the 2nd. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I then prepped for a FET. There was a shortage of PIO, so again I did BC, lupron and a light, monitored stimulatuon with follistim. I triggered and fm5 days later transferred my frozen blast. This resulted in a BFN. I did a miscarriage BW panel checking for blood clotting disorders and autoimmine diseases. My husband and I both did BW to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Everything came back normal. We proceeded for our second retrieval. We followed the same protocol. We retrieved 12 eggs, 6 fertalized and 2 made it to 5 day blast. We did a fresh 5 day transfer. Transferring both embryos. Resulting in another chemical. We proceeded with another consult. We decided in a hysteroscopy. I had that done, he scraped my lining to smooth it out, but didnt find anything suspect. I then prepped for my 3rd retrieval. He felt like the lupron supressed me to much. So we started with birth control, I did a baseline apt and proceeded with follistim, we also added in a low dose of HCG. I did regular bloodwork and US and added in ganirelix. I triggered with ovidrel. We retrieved 24 follicles. I can't remember how many fertalized and all that jazz, but again, we wound up with 2 blast. Which was very disappointing. I did a fresh transfer, with endometrin, both blast. And it resulted in my 3rd chemical or a possible ectopic. My hcg slowly raised before dropping. At a loss, we decided for another retrieval. The next plan was to do a freeze all and let my body rest before transferring. We were lining up for our best retrieval yet. Same protocol, BC, follistim and LDHCG, bloodwork, US, ganirelix. My bloodwork showed my progesterone rising. So they had me trigger and brought me in the next day for retrieval, hoping I didn't ovulate prematurely. During retrieval, the embryologist stopped the doctor and said the follicles were empty. I lost one ovary of follicles. He convinced me to come back the next day and retrieve the second side. We got 19 eggs and 16 fertalized. And sadly, we only ended up with two blast again. I froze both. After a few month break, we started prep for FET. Birth control, lupron, estradiol, PIO. Transferred one blast. Ended in a chemical pregnancy. Compeletely defeated at this point, I opted for the ERA test which just became available in NY. So i took all the same FET meds. I am currently awaiting the results and prepping for my FET of my last embryo. During all,of this it was suggested that I take prenatal, vitamin D, baby asprin and CoQ10.
I typically have two of the same nurses, but everyone is extremely friendly, caring and compassionate. They answer all of my queations and are prompt about returning phone calls.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The only issue i have ever come across (im a travel patient, I live 90 miles away) I sometimes go to a local hospital for bloodwork. Im supposed to be drawn before 9 am for same day results and they fax the order. Whether its the doctor office or my local facility, the paperwork isn't always there. I have to wait for the office to start answering phones at 9 am.
I believe it is $7200 for retrieval, monitoring and freezing. And roughly 1800 for FET.
When 2 single transfers didnt work, we got more aggressive with transferring two embryos. And after that failed twice, we felt like we were blowing through our embryos so we decided to go back to single embryo transfers. And they supported our decision.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Griffin is very kind and friendly. He is easy to talk to and explains everything fully so you understand all treatment options. ... He performed my laparoscopy surgery and it went very well. My consultations, follow up appointments and phone conversations are very professional and my health and safety are his main concern. ... He has a way of making you feel very comfortable and at ease.
The biggest strength of this clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is that it is small and not overflowing with patients. ... They remember me and are compassionate about my journey and how frustrating this can be. Their hours for bloodwork and appointments are always helpful for those that work. ... They also have a support group once a month where women can get together to just talk and not feel judged. The only weakness I would say is that they do not recommend other pharmacies to try to get medications at a cheaper rate.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Griffin is very kind and friendly. He is easy to talk to and explains everything fully so you understand all treatment options. He has a way of making you feel very comfortable and at ease. He performed my laparoscopy surgery and it went very well. My consultations, follow up appointments and phone conversations are very professional and my health and safety are his main concern.
Discuss and ask questions about any treatment you want to pursue and he will be happy to assist in your journey.
Dr Griffin is extremely kind and friendly. He explains everything in a way that we can all understand without talking down to you. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease about everything he wanted to try and accomplish with my treatment. I would highly recommend him.
I started out with clomid, but that gave me horrible cramps. Then I switched to Letrozal, which was a lot easier on my body, but that gave me the same results as clomid in the end. I then moved on to gonal-f, which my body responded to much better. I still have not had any success getting pregnant, but he has helped answer questions about moving forward with further IUI's after endometriosis was removed or moving on to IVF.
The nurses that work for Dr Griffin are very nice and compassionate. Sometimes they are backed up, but always take the time you need with them to answer any questions or just to talk.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The biggest strength of this clinic is that it is small and not overflowing with patients. The doctors and nurses make time for you and don't make you feel like you are rushed out the door so they can see the next 20 patients before lunch. They remember me and are compassionate about my journey and how frustrating this can be. Their hours for bloodwork and appointments are always helpful for those that work. I never feel like a number here and always feel welcome. They also have a support group once a month where women can get together to just talk and not feel judged. The only weakness I would say is that they do not recommend other pharmacies to try to get medications at a cheaper rate. They did recommend target, which they are great and well aware of the fertility meds they stock, but they are not the cheapest. Buffalo IVF strengths substantially outweigh the weaknesses.
My insurance covers unlimited IUIs and the ultrasound appointments, so I have only had copays so far plus all medications. IVF is $4500 per round.
Snyder

Dr. Griffin has been SO accomodating and personable. He has squeezed my husband and I in on his days off, made earlier than usually appointments, given us straight-forward facts and his honest and optimistic opinion for further treatment. He has been amazing and a source of hope after years of frustration. I honestly feel that he wants our treatment to be successful (almost) as much as we do!... I have been on injectables and he has adjusted my dosing according to my response.
The clinic is very accomodating and usually very fast to respond to calls and voicemails. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with Buffalo IVF!... The nursing staff has been absolutely amazing throughout treatments. They are comforting, compassionate and caring.... There are 2 main doctors and 1 nurse practitioner. The doctors have very different personalities. In case one does not meet your needs, the other is fantastic!
Do not lose hope even if other doctors may have brushed your needs aside. He is compassionate, accomodating, honest and genuine.
With Dr. Griffin, I have been on injectables and he has adjusted my dosing according to my response. We have undergone 4 IUI cycles with him after several with another doctor. Although they were unsuccessful, he is confident and optimistic about pursuing IVF this coming cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, Jessica, Gail )
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
There are 2 main doctors and 1 nurse practitioner. The doctors have very different personalities. In case one does not meet your needs, the other is fantastic! And the NP is amazing as well. She has been in our shoes and has two beautiful twins to show for her treatment! The clinic is very accomodating and usually very fast to respond to calls and voicemails. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with Buffalo IVF!
Most of my costs were covered under my health insurance aside from prescriptions and some medications.
We have yet to cross this bridge depending on the quantity of embryos that are of high enough quality in this coming cycle.

2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I don't feel as comfortable with the other providers that have been at this clinic [Buffalo Infertility] currently and in the past. They haven't been as open to questions and usually seem rushed. My recommendation would be to absolutely request Dr Griffin....The nursing staff has done there best to follow up with me and get my questions answered. They are good about calling back and following up as needed.... I think with all doctors it is important to do your own research and be your own advocate
2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Griffin takes time to explain everything and answers questions patiently. When I first saw him I explained that I had a negative experience with one of the other providers at his clinic previously and he responded thoughtfully and compassionately. He took time to look into the most current research about unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and came back to my follow up appointment with an idea for an additional medication we can try that has seen some promising results.
I think with all doctors it is important to do your own research and be your own advocate. Bring a notebook and keep track of what procedure and test you had done at what time. Medical charts are unfortunately not always accurate and this becomes especially important when switching clinics or providers. Do some preliminary research so you can be an active member of your own care team.
Dr Griffin seems to truly cares about his patients. He took time to explain details surrounding recommended care and answered all questions. He didn't brush off research I did as a patient but took time to thoughtfully comment on ideas I've read about regarding recurrent pregnancy loss. He then followed up with more of his own research and proposed to try a more experimental medication that has shown some promising results elsewhere. Given that there's not a lot of data or ideas on how to treat unexplained recurrent miscarriages, it means a lot to me that he is willing to help me try something different and give us some hope. Over the course of my fertility journey, I've seen numerous obgyns and fertility specialists and it means a lot to me that it doesn't feel like he's just trying to check you off the list and get to the next patient. You definitely feel like a human instead of a number working with him.
This cycle I am taking an immunosuppresant called Tacrolimus. After ovulation I will be taking Benadryl 25mg 3x/day as well as progesterone in oil. We are testing for PAI-1 and depending on the results may add Lovenox. I am also on prenatals, Vit B12, Vit D, CoQ10, and baby aspirin. I am doing IUI this cycle and did Femera at 5mg for CD 3-7.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I don't feel as comfortable with the other providers that have been at this clinic currently and in the past. They haven't been as open to questions and usually seem rushed. My recommendation would be to absolutely request Dr Griffin.
not sure
not sure

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Sullivan is a very nice and direct man, but not very aggresive. There have been many suggestions I've given him and he refuses most. I feel like sometimes I have to beg for something different to be tried ... I really felt if I didnt fight for something new we'd still be doing the same treatments ... We started with femara and timed intercourse. Then moved to femara with trigger and timed intercourse. No success. Then we tried femara, trigger and iui.
I have been unhappy with not being monitored closely. Ive had some issues, including ovulating through medication, that I feel would've been caught if I was watched more closely. ... I love that I can get everything done in 1 office [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates]. Bloodwork is available all day. Stat bloodwork 7-9am only. Monitoring appts and procedures/iui all done in the same place. Had to have a hysteroscopy with biopsy done, that was right in the office
2017 - 2019
He likes to stick with tried and true protocols but they don't work for everyone. Most protocol changes i suggested were shot down very quickly if he didn't have hard proof they would work. Many times I'd have to beg for something to change. I really felt if I didnt fight for something new we'd still be doing the same treatments
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. Your body may not respond like everyone elses.
The nurses have all been great. We do have 2 favorites. Dr. Sullivan is a very nice and direct man, but not very aggresive. There have been many suggestions I've given him and he refuses most. I feel like sometimes I have to beg for something different to be tried
We started with femara and timed intercourse. Then moved to femara with trigger and timed intercourse. No success. Then we tried femara, trigger and iui. Nothing. Then we did a cycle of gonal-f, trigger and iui. Next we tried lupron microdose, gonal-f, trigger and then iui was cancelled because I ovulated through the lupron. We took a break then tried femara, trigger and iui again. Still no luck. There were issues along the way. I don't feel I was being monitored enough. There were cycles that probably never should have been started but I didnt have bloodwork done so there was nothing to back up the feelings of something's not right
All the nurses were wonderful. There are 2 favorites we have. But all we professional and made me feel comfortable. Some were more caring and personable than others, but that's all nurses
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I love that I can get everything done in 1 office. Bloodwork is available all day. Stat bloodwork 7-9am only. Monitoring appts and procedures/iui all done in the same place. Had to have a hysteroscopy with biopsy done, that was right in the office
I am very fortunate that everything weve done have been covered by insurance. So, Ive only had to pay co-pays
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I have been unhappy with not being monitored closely. Ive had some issues, including ovulating through medication, that I feel would've been caught if I was watched more closely. Also, i had a cycle where they thought I had a large cyst on cd3, never did bloodwork, started me on meds, then told me it must be a follicle after 8 days off meds and scheduled the trigger and iui even though the "follicle" was much too large to be good and viable. They dropped the ball that cycle
Snyder

Although we did not receive the results we expected, I would go to see Dr. Dipoala again. She is a very kind doctor and calls to check in on her patients. When I had some issues and called into the office in the middle of the night, she had called back an hour later to give me medical advice.... I was diagnosed with pcos at my consultation appointment. From there I was placed on femara, but was not responding well. My eggs took a very long time to grow, so my dosage was increased within the same cycle.
I think overall the clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is set on caring for their patients. I have no complaints. They are very good at responding to their patients phone calls, and answering all questions you may have. The only issue I ran into while at the clinic was someone forgot to send my script over to the pharmacy. I had called to let them know that I went to pick up my medicine and it was not in the system. Another doctor within the practice had called me about 10 minutes later and told me he personally called the pharmacy
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Although we did not receive the results we expected, I would go to see Dr. Dipoala again. She is a very kind doctor and calls to check in on her patients. When I had some issues and called into the office in the middle of the night, she had called back an hour later to give me medical advice. She was very considerate and compassionate durring the care I received. We were disappointed that durring our last IUI, we were told if it did not work that we would move onto injectables, then following the failed IUI we were told it was not an option. This was my last appointment with the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Be sure to call with any questions you have. Dr. Dipoala is very quick with results and is always there to listen to your questions and concerns
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Dr. Dipoala was very kind and has a warm bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with pcos at my consultation appointment. From there I was placed on femara, but was not responding well. My eggs took a very long time to grow, so my dosage was increased within the same cycle. The following 3 IUI I experienced the same thing. I was finally placed on the max dose and still no results. I was then placed on clomid and ovulated much earlier than while on femara, we did 2 cycle on clomid with no results. I was then told I would start injections, but at my next appointment the Dr. Said my ovary was not visible enough to do injections (she couldnt see a section) and that I should lose 75 lbs and then I may not need to see a specialist. She also said that if I wanted to move to IVF I would need to lose 75 lbs. She used these methods because she thought that femara along with IUI would give us a great chance at conception. My husbands sperm analysis had come back with 2% morphology. Dr. Dipoala said she likes to see it at 4% but there was a large volume of sperm in the samples and that it should not be a great impact.
The nursing staff was amazing. The nurses performed all of my IUI procedures. They were very comforting durring each IUI and very friendly.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I think overall the clinic is set on caring for their patients. I have no complaints. They are very good at responding to their patients phone calls, and answering all questions you may have. The only issue I ran into while at the clinic was someone forgot to send my script over to the pharmacy. I had called to let them know that I went to pick up my medicine and it was not in the system. Another doctor within the practice had called me about 10 minutes later and told me he personally called the pharmacy and it was ready to be picked up. I was genuinely impressed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
My insurance covered most of my costs. We had to pay for medications out of pocket, and pay what my insurance charged for diagnostic testing. Each cycle cost about $300 out of pocket.
Describe Krystene DiPaola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
When we spoke about IVF at the last appointment she briefly went over that at my age, and with our diagnosis that she would feel most comfortable transferring one egg. But we decided to take a break from treatment and have not been back for about a year.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
On one occasion someone forgot to send my prescription to the pharmacy. I went to pick it up the day after my appointment and it was not in their system. I called the nurse line and informed them what had happened. Within 10 minutes another dr. Within the practice called me and said he had spoken to the pharmacy directly and my meds were ready to be picked up.
Snyder

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Griffin performed the transfer during the IVF and fully explained everything before he began. Walked us through everything during and after the procedure and gave us the warmest goodbye and said to keep positive thoughts...Bring a spouse/partner with you to appointments! He gives a lot of information, the more ears to listen the better!...were greeted warmly and he gave his sincerest condolences that our IVF wasn’t successful. He answered every question we could think of and assured us that we will conceive again, it’s not if, but when.
The clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is extremely busy. But everyone working there absolutely takes the time to make you feel like the only patient there. Very short wait time, whether it’s for the nurses, doctors, etc. The front office staff is always ready to greet you with a warm smile or joke, anything that’s helpful to bring a smile to your face! Diane in the quest office is absolutely amazing. So kind, understanding and funny!
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
We did each failed IUI (4) with a different doctor and started the IVF process with that doctor as well. Dr. Griffin performed the transfer during the IVF and fully explained everything before he began. Walked us through everything during and after the procedure and gave us the warmest goodbye and said to keep positive thoughts.
After our failed IVF cycle, started with a doctor who was leaving the practice (also had 4 failed iui’s with same doctor), we decided to put our trust in Dr. Griffin. As soon as we came into his office we were greeted warmly and he gave his sincerest condolences that our IVF wasn’t successful. He answered every question we could think of and assured us that we will conceive again, it’s not if, but when.
Absolutely loved the nursing staff. We began in 2015 with another doctor and when we returned to try for a second baby many of the nurses remembered my husband and I and couldn’t wait to see our son. All the nurses felt for us each time we knew the procedures failed and told us to remain strong and positive. They’re amazing!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The clinic is extremely busy. But everyone working there absolutely takes the time to make you feel like the only patient there. Very short wait time, whether it’s for the nurses, doctors, etc. The front office staff is always ready to greet you with a warm smile or joke, anything that’s helpful to bring a smile to your face! Diane in the quest office is absolutely amazing. So kind, understanding and funny!
Under our insurance we had 3 IUI cycles covered. We paid out of pocket for the 4th, only cost us $100 for a certain medication. As for the IVF we spent a total of $7500 for the procedure, testing, scans, and medication.
At our clinic they will only transfer 2 embryos at a time. No more.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
The only thing I can say about the clinic, doctor who has left the practice and one nurse in particular, seemed to think my thyroid meds had no effect on getting pregnant. I do feel if it was monitored better we may have had success with one of the 4 IUIs we tried and maybe could have avoided IVF.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I really liked how Dr. Sullivan went over the details in how an IUI would work... Dr. Sullivan was very nice but I felt like he was talking from a script like he would explain things to each patient this way. He was very nice but I just feel like he was very vague in explaining and giving detail in my own fertility issues...No one has called me to discuss further options at this time even after going in for a consult for IVF after the 4th failed cycle
The strengths were the office [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] was always very clean and well organized. They kept names and such very private as to cross off your name when called and didn't ask for your birthday in front of other patients....Each nurse was very kind they explained what my eggs looked like and the quality of my lining, they did this each sonogram. When it came to the IUI day they went through the steps that were done and let me look at the sperm and confirmed the sperm donors number and my name several times before doing each procedure.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I really liked how Dr. Sullivan went over the details in how an IUI would work. He did explain that I had a blocked tube and that surgery was expected if the first 2 cycles were unsuccessful. I was sent to a teaching after to explain how injections would work instead of doing clomid. Dr. Sullivan had also explained about my husbands infertility issues as he was not able to produce viable sperm. I really wish he had more contact with me during each cycle and after all the failed cycles as to what I should be doing next
I would let them know Dr. Sullivan was very nice but I felt like he was talking from a script like he would explain things to each patient this way. He was very nice but I just feel like he was very vague in explaining and giving detail in my own fertility issues.
Dr. Sullivan was very nice and explained how I would be going about my treatments he explained treatments. I was really under the influence that Id be pregnant within 2-3 cycles due to him explaining I am young, in shape and have excellent egg quality. After 2 failed cycles I had surgery to remove part of my left tube that was blocked we did another 2 cycles and still nothing. No one has called me to discuss further options at this time even after going in for a consult for IVF after the 4th failed cycle. This is why I just feel like a number. I am moving onto another clinic for another opinion
Cycle one I was placed on a low dosage of femera not sure the exact amount I believe it was 2.5, we then did a sonogram to look at the eggs we did one IUI after it failed we did a second IUI and was placed on a little higher dosage of femera and was prescribed 250 mg ovidril. After the second cycle failing Dr. Sullivan recommended I have the surgery to have my left tube operated on. The third cycle I was placed on follistm they started me on a dose of 125 mg after my eggs were growing rapidly they lowered me down to 100 then 75 everything looked great as the nurse described. We also did 250 mg of ovidril that cycle after that cycle failed we did another round of follistm starting at 150mg and decrease again to 100 then 75, I had 4 mature eggs and they advised Id have to go on Lupron instead of ovidril because I was at high risk for overstimulating my ovaries. My hormonal level was also at great height as it was 3,574 a good amount for IVF. I was then giving estrogen medicine to help my lining also was placed on progesterone. After the 4th failed cycle we've decided to get a second opinion.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The strengths were the office was always very clean and well organized. They kept names and such very private as to cross off your name when called and didn't ask for your birthday in front of other patients. When doing blood work they asked your last name and birthday to confirm it was you also asked you what cycle day you were on. As far as the clinic weaknesses there wasn't really anything I could say
Most of my procedures were covered under Bluecross Blue Shield I only had to pay co-pays of $10. Some sonograms were more during the time I had worked for a different company and procedures were around $50 for an IUI. For medicines I had to pay about $500 total for injections and femera. I had to pay about $700 for my surgery and since we needed a donor for sperm we paid about $5,000 total for sperm.
Not applicable
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I asked to have the staff send over my chart to another clinic they advised they could fax it over. When the other clinic never received the information I called Buffalo IVF back and they informed me I would have to pick up copies of it and would have to pay for each paper.
Snyder

Dr. Griffin oversaw an injectable IUI cycle for me, as I was experiencing lining on the thinner side with clomid and femara. Unfortunately the cycle did not result in a pregnancy but he was very open to listening to my questions and providing me with feedback on whether he thought they were good options or not...Dr. Griffin has been wonderful every time I've seen him - always compassionate and caring, taking the time to talk with me and answer my (many!) questions. He is very warm and has a great bedside manner.
they [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] are all extremely nice, caring and compassionate. I do not feel like I'm just a number to them, and each doctor has patiently listened to my (many) questions and provided their honest feedback. They've been open to my requests to try different things as long as they won't hurt anything. I think they could do a better job providing more resources to their patients (i.e. I'd like to see them have an in-house acupuncturist, masseuse, and counselor/therapist). A nurse or two hasn't been as compassionate as I'd think for someone working at an infertility clinic, but generally they've been good.
I've had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Griffin, I'm always happy to have him overseeing a cycle or appointment for me as I know he will listen, be compassionate and take the time to discuss any options. I'm always asking a lot of questions about different courses of treatment I've read about, and he's honest in his feedback on them and willing to let me try anything that won't hurt. He has a great bedside manner making you feel at ease during what's an incredibly stressful and difficult time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and be armed with your own information - he will take the time to listen and provide his feedback in a thoughtful way.
Jen is FANTASTIC. She's very responsive to emails and phone calls, and shows a lot of compassion and sympathy. She also put together/hosts a monthly group support session which is so helpful to anyone going through infertility treatments.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
As a whole, they are all extremely nice, caring and compassionate. I do not feel like I'm just a number to them, and each doctor has patiently listened to my (many) questions and provided their honest feedback. They've been open to my requests to try different things as long as they won't hurt anything. I think they could do a better job providing more resources to their patients (i.e. I'd like to see them have an in-house acupuncturist, masseuse, and counselor/therapist). A nurse or two hasn't been as compassionate as I'd think for someone working at an infertility clinic, but generally they've been good.
Overall the cost is pretty reasonable compared to many other clinics across the country. I would have liked to see them be more helpful in finding the lowest cost alternative for medications sourced locally (I did that myself and provided my feedback to them but not sure this is being shared with anyone else).
Dr. Griffin was open to transfering 2 embryos after I had 2 eSET failures, and I am proceeding with my next FET transfering 2 as well and he is in support of this approach.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I've had to remind them to call in prescriptions a few times. I also had an IUI cancelled due to being overstimulated and looking back it really shouldn't have happened as it was not my first time on injectable medication.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[Buffalo IVF] Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans...The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly...there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
Investment Banker
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Sullivan spoke with me on a real person level and didn’t use terms that I did not understand. I did not feel as if he were rushing me through the appointment as most doctors do and he was exactly on time... no waiting in the office for 45 minutes before being called. He also made me feel relaxed and even joked around with me a little. My husband and I also had a setback on egg retrieval day that caused my husband to need TESE surgery right away and he was able to call a colleague and get us in almost immediately. While the results from that procedure were not what we hoped, we were super thankful for the sense of urgency he put on the situation and how well we were accommodated. He was by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Feel free to ask any questions to get clarification.
Dr. Sullivan and his office from the moment I called made me feel welcome and gave me information and let me speak directly with the doctor BEFORE I was even a patient. They made me understand the entire process and costs and were very accommodating. We had had a very difficult time at another clinic and I was searching for a place we felt comfortable with and Buffalo IVF gave me that feeling the day I called.
I have only done 1 IVF cycle and the protocol that was used was the “antagonist method” which put me on more Gonal-F than typical (325iu). I was not sure what that even meant at the time, but I continued as directed with the Gonal-F, low dose HCG and Cetrotide. I went in for monitoring/bloodwork every other day and I ended up stimming for 9 days in total. On egg retrieval day, I had 11 eggs retrieved, 11 eggs mature and 11 eggs frozen. At the time I was upset that I did not produce as many eggs as I had hoped but I was thankful that the eggs I got were all mature. We plan on doing another full cycle this fall.
The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly as I never had to wait long for a response. They also were very prompt during my stim cycle to give me results of bloodwork and my next steps for medication. I loved that I never had to worry about what the results were during my cycle because they followed up exactly when they said they would.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans. Being 100% out of pocket this was very helpful as it decided whether or not we could proceed. Weaknesses: - I do not have very many complaints, but there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
I came to this clinic in Buffalo,NY as their costs were the most reasonable that I have seen. The IVF cycle in total was $4000 and that includes embryo transfers for 1 year. They also offered a payment plan which was very helpful as well. For most people with insurance the bloodwork and ultrasounds for cycle monitoring would be covered. My husband and I were not insured at the time and all of our bloodwork, ultrasounds and TESE procedure were all out of pocket. However, the clinic let us know about these costs ahead of time so there were not any surprises.
Our doctor had not mentioned specifics about our single/multiple embryo transfer. He wanted to wait until we graded the embryos to see what our best chances were. However, he did mention that because of my age (30), that typically they only recommend a single transfer. Unfortunately we did not make any embryos during our cycle due to MFI so we did not transfer any.
Snyder

Dr Sullivan does have good bedside manor, but its not outstanding. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed/rushed while talking to him and think of questions later. He does however answer every single question I do have and goes over options with me. I appreciate that he also takes into account my feelings and ideas. He allows me to advocate for myself and listens to my suggestions....Dr Sullivan is personable with me and my husband and tries to take note of other things going on in our personal life and relating to us
The clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself...an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI...Dr Sullivan is personable with me and my husband and tries to take note of other things going on in our personal life and relating to us
listen to what he has to say but also advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions and discuss all options
I do not have an infertility diagnosis other than MFI. I occasionally have irregular cycles so Dr Sullivan first put me on Femara to motitor and track my ovulation. We did several rounds of TI and then one IUI with Femara. We moved on to IUI with injectables. Because of my husbands poor semen analysis we decided to move to IVF quickly. I respond well to meds. We did BCP, lupron, follistim and low dose HCG for my IVF protocol. We retrieved 27 eggs, 20 mature, 16 fertilized with ICSI, 12 made it to day 3 and 5 were good quality to freeze on day 5. Due to a spike in my progesterone, my fresh transfer had been canceled and we had to freeze all. We chose to do an elective single embryo transfer due to my age (30) and the good quality of the embryos. FET protocol was BCP, lupron, estrace and PIO. Day of my frozen transfer I was told that the first embryo thawed, did not survive and they had to thaw another for transfer. My FET failed and we now have 3 blasts left. We are trying a semi natural FET with support from Femara and a trigger shot. So far I am not having response to the Femara despite the success in the past. Hoping to do a transfer in the upcoming month if we can get good lining and follicle growth
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The clinic is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself. Its possible to get lost in the mix if you dont speak up
So far we have spent $5000 on medication, bloodwork, and scans. This includes insurance coverage and a high deductible for all. We spent an additional $6000 out of pocket for an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI
Dr Sullivan highly recommended eSET due to my age and the grade of my embryos. He was open to discussion on transferring 2 but we agreed to try with 1 especially for our first transfer
Snyder

she [Dr. DiPaola] is very knowledgeable...made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately...worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful...start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI
A nurse [at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] did forget to call and verify that my pregnancy test was negative, although I did have my period so I didn’t necessarily need the call. She did call the next day and was very apologetic...As with any doctors office they do run behind, so if your appointment is not early be prepared to wait. At times you can hear the office staff complaining about nurses and doctors which is unprofessional
Dr. DiPaola worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful
Go in prepared with questions you have because she is very knowledgeable
Dr. DiPaola made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately.
Clomid- start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI - 3 rounds of IUI with clomid. After 4 trials the chances of getting pregnant drop significantly Gonal-F plus IUI - wanted to work within the means of my insurance because IVF is not covered. I was on a very low dose, however I produced too many follicles and needed to skip the IUI Femara plus Gonal- F and IUI - last step before moving onto IVF
The nursing staff is very compassionate and patient. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and answer questions to the best of their ability. Some of the nurses are new to the staff and not as experienced which can cause some delays with ultrasounds and IUI’s
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day and they clinic is open 7 days a week including holidays. Everyone immediately makes you feel welcome. Blood work is also offered there so you don’t have to go to an outside facility but you can if it is more convenient. As with any doctors office they do run behind, so if your appointment is not early be prepared to wait. At times you can hear the office staff complaining about nurses and doctors which is unprofessional
My insurance covered all costs prior to IVF. With IVF it will cost $4500 for the procedure, approximately $1500 for ultrasounds and blood work and possibly another $1500 for medication. Typically medication costs about $4500 however I have some stored away as per the advice of Dr. DiPaola
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
A nurse did forget to call and verify that my pregnancy test was negative, although I did have my period so I didn’t necessarily need the call. She did call the next day and was very apologetic

IVF, Donor Eggs
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin- he is kind, compassionate and thoughtful in his care. When I see Dr. Griffin, he makes me feel very comfortable and assures I understand the process and next steps....Dr. Griffin is incredibly kind and thoughtful in the treatment of his patients. He made me feel as if I am his only patient, providing explanation to the process and understanding to my needs as a patient.
As far as weaknesses, there have been situations where some of my care [at Infert and IVF Med Assoc] has been missed or confused by the nursing team. I feel as though the clinic's high volume of patients leads to an inability for individualized care and often important items are unintentionally overlooked... when I received the news of my negative pregnancy it was not from the nurse I had fostered a relationship with; instead it was a nurse I had never spoken to- which was very difficult.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Try to be patience, it is a difficult and emotional process.
At the beginning of our process I spoke to one nurse exclusively for months; however when I received the news of my negative pregnancy it was not from the nurse I had fostered a relationship with; instead it was a nurse I had never spoken to- which was very difficult. I was taken aback that I never heard from the nurse who I consistently spoke to. At time, It is very difficult to not speak to one nurse consistently and having to retell the situation multiple times.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin, he treats his patients with compassion and respect. With Dr. Griffin I feel my goal to have a child will be achieved. As far as weaknesses, there have been situations where some of my care has been missed or confused by the nursing team. I feel as though the clinic's high volume of patients leads to an inability for individualized care and often important items are unintentionally overlooked.
My cost of care has been significant as it is not covered under insurance. Currently our cost has been $23,000.
My transfer was with Dr. Sullivan and when we came into the office, it was first time hearing the suggestion for transferring one vs. two. I was surprised by the discussion and our need to make such a large decision in just a few minutes. I do wish there was more time to discuss and decide.

2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Griffin always made time for me, and always listened. My first miscarriage happened during Christmas time and he made sure to call me personally to check on me to make sure I was ok. He never hesitated to research new ideas and try new treatments.... Dr. Griffin is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. He has never given up hope that one day I will be a Mom. He always listens and is willing to try something new.
Most of the nursing staff [at Buffalo IVF] is very nice. I did have an issue with one nurse but Dr. Griffin personally addressed it when I brought it to his attention.... They are working on updating their clinic and coming up to the times with technology. A strength would be the ease of being able to speak with someone, they always have an on call doctor and return calls quickly.
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Be patient, and don’t get discouraged when it doesn’t work.
We started with femara with ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I was able to have 3 pregnancies with this protocol but all were chemical pregnancies. We then moved to follistim and ovidrel trigger with IUI, all of those cycles were unsuccessful. We did 2 rounds of IVF where my eggs were retrieved and immediately frozen to wait for my next cycle to fertilize. One cycle was negative and the other was a chemical pregnancy. Then we did IVF with fresh transfer, that cycle was negative. I took about a year and a half break and then we went back and tried femara again, and elected to do laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis. During the prep for that surgery I discovered I was pregnant with an ectopic pregnancy where I lost my left tube. During the surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy Dr. Griffin found some endometriosis and performed ovarian drilling for my pcos. That surgery was in October 2017 and I have been on a break since trying to decide what the next step for me is.
Most of the nursing staff is very nice. I did have an issue with one nurse but Dr. Griffin personally addressed it when I brought it to his attention.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
My health insurance always covered my times intercourse and IUI cycles. The two frozen egg cycles I did were part of a study so I only had to pay for medications and the fresh IVF was somewhere around $4,000
Dr. Griffin made his suggestions based on my personal history and listened when I wanted to transfer multiple embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
One time a scheduled forgot to schedule an appointment she had given me in their system. Dr. Griffin apologized and scheduled a phone conference after hours to accommodate my work schedule. Another time I did not receive my beta hcg results and had to call twice to have the on call doctor call me with them. They finally called and apologized.
Snyder

He [Dr. Sullivan] was the doctor that we saw first and made it sound like we would have no problem achieving pregnancy. He did not do our retrieval or transfer, or see me during the ivf cycle. He was only writing orders for meds, then after transfer when the baby wasn't developing he was involved....Birth control pills for 3 weeks, followed by Lupron then stimulating meds, Lupron and hcg. I had a good amh and produced many eggs.
[Infert and IVF Med Assoc] Having better communication and organization. I would constantly call, leave messages and get a return call from the wrong nursing department. And whatever questions I had would have to wait until the next day again....Nurse calling with results of beta tests and making it sound like I could die overnight. Giving these results while I'm at work, and not telling me my numbers actually doubled.
He was the doctor that we saw first and made it sound like we would have no problem achieving pregnancy. He did not do our retrieval or transfer, or see me during the ivf cycle. He was only writing orders for meds, then after transfer when the baby wasn't developing he was involved.
Make sure you do your own research and ask every question you can think of, the doctors don't tell you how much could go wrong.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
$4000 for one ivf retrieval $600 to freeze husband's biopsied sperm $50 to thaw that sperm $350 for genetic blood work Monitoring blood work and ultrasounds were covered by my insurance
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Faxing fmla paperwork that needed to be filled out to the office, to find out a week later it was scanned blank into my chart instead of filled out and returned. Calling the on call number on a Friday night, to not have my call returned until Monday morning. Having messages sent to the nurses, not the ivf nurses so then whatever o needed wasn't routed to the right place until those nurses left. Having a nurse call with horrible results rather than a doctor.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
When we first called to make our appointment, I knew we wanted to make our appointment with Dr. Griffin because he came highly referred to us. We were very comfortable after meeting him. He listened to our million questions, answered them all very thoroughly and explained step by step what the next steps would be. My husband and I went through tons of testing and eventually surgery because he couldn't figure out what the cause of our infertility could be. He covered all bases and really gave us options as to what we were comfortable with. We always left his office with a little bit of hope. In fact, were still going through treatment but have remained hopeful along the way. He has a way of being so kind without sugar coating things. I highly recommend him.
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] are a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to get appointments as quick as you would like. Anytime I call in, they are very pleasant. They really do work with you financially and seem to understand this journey can be rough. I have been able to make payments which really helps with the financial stress of it all.... The nursing staff always has a smile on their faces. They are very informative and understanding regarding what I'm going through. In fact, a few of them have went through infertility treatments themselves so it's nice to hear their stories.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
To stay open minded. I think that's the main component when going through infertility.
We went in very concerned as to why it is taking so long because we had our daughter so easily. We are getting older and couldn't figure out what could be wrong. He has done everything, including surgery to find an answer. He always listens to our concerns and is very empathetic to our situation.
We started by getting lots of blood work, semen analysis, and HSG. I did three cycles of femara; two of which were timed intercourse. I produced beautiful follicles but did not get pregnant so we mutually decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. He found a few polyps and mild endo. From there we decided to do an iui cycle. Again, I did. It get pregnant. We decided maybe Ivf would offer the best chance of us getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to get appointments as quick as you would like. Anytime I call in, they are very pleasant. They really do work with you financially and seem to understand this journey can be rough. I have been able to make payments which really helps with the financial stress of it all.
I can say very affordable! My medications, blood work, and ultrasounds were covered by insurance but the iui was only $450 a cycle. The Ivf cycle is $4000 for one fresh transfer and $6000 for two. Also, they offer a plan where you can put some down and make payments for a year.
Snyder

Sometimes I feel like he [Dr. Michael Sullivan] is somewhat dismissive of our concerns, like after my first injectable cycle went awry and I had to beg the nurse to let us talk to him. He seems knowledgeable but doesn't seem troubled by how chaotic and circus-like the office is.... They are so incredibly busy that the office is a circus. We have encountered everything from receiving someone else's intake forms (ours then went to her) to staff walking into the wrong exam room (twice) and long waits for scheduled time appointments. Twice we were taken over an hour late for IUI with a 36 hour trigger. Every time you call it's a different person, and the answers seem to vary from person to person. When they called for my IVF consult, the nurse asked if I was in a femera cycle (that was 3 cycles ago) and if I'd ever done insemination (5 and, um, she called me! Why didn't she know that?). We have told our main doctor our concerns/experiences, as well as another we saw, but no one seems too troubled by it. It has made the process even more stressful.
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF associates] are so incredibly busy that the office is a circus. We have encountered everything from receiving someone else's intake forms (ours then went to her) to staff walking into the wrong exam room (twice) and long waits for scheduled time appointments. Twice we were taken over an hour late for IUI with a 36 hour trigger. Every time you call it's a different person, and the answers seem to vary from person to person. When they called for my IVF consult, the nurse asked if I was in a femera cycle (that was 3 cycles ago) and if I'd ever done insemination (5 and, um, she called me! Why didn't she know that?). We have told our main doctor our concerns/experiences, as well as another we saw, but no one seems too troubled by it. It has made the process even more stressful.
Sometimes I feel like he is somewhat dismissive of our concerns, like after my first injectable cycle went awry and I had to beg the nurse to let us talk to him. He seems knowledgeable but doesn't seem troubled by how chaotic and circus-like the office is.
Insist on getting your questions answered, even if he seems rushed. We pay for his time, and he's making a lot of money for it.
We are just a number. They are so incredibly busy that the office is a circus. We have encountered everything from receiving someone else's intake forms (ours then went to her) to staff walking into the wrong exam room (twice) and long waits for scheduled time appointments. Twice we were taken over an hour late for IUI with a 36 hour trigger. Every time you call it's a different person, and the answers seem to vary from person to person. When they called for my IVF consult, the nurse asked if I was in a femera cycle (that was 3 cycles ago) and if I'd ever done insemination (5 and, um, she called me! Why didn't she know that?). We have told our main doctor our concerns/experiences, as well as another we saw, but no one seems too troubled by it. It has made the process even more stressful.
We did some rounds of oral medication and two rounds of injectables. I had a lot of trouble with the injectables, including two cycles that had residual cysts, for which I had to take birth control. All negative pregnancy tests.
It's a different person every time. Some answer questions well, others do not. Some are very kind and patient, others are not. A couple are very scattered and rushed-appearing. Sometimes, you get different answers from different people to the same types of questions.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Do your homework and have your questions ready in a list. Insist on getting things fully answered. Do not let them rush you out of the room or off the phone simply because they have chosen to take on too many patients...that's their fault, not yours. This is too important and stressful to feel like they have not given you time to feel comfortable.
Thousands and we're not even done.
They prefer to transfer as few as possible to avoid multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
We have had a lot of difficulty with this clinic and it has been terrible. When we first started, we were consistently finding out things that no one had told us (as though we should have already known how to go through this mess of infertility). It has been very difficult to get answers. They are always running behind.
Snyder

She [Dr. Krystene DiPaola] is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
They [the nursing staff at Buffalo Infertility] are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.... They have a 3 tier package. 1st IVF = $4,000 2nd IVF = $3,500 3rd + IVF = $3,000 It is a great price, as all IVF is expensive.... I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
She is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
Make sure to have all of your questions ready, and ask her to repeat if you need.
She is very good with patients, she listens and answers your questions. She is a very thoughtful person, and answers very politically correct, but in a good way.
She used 2 different protocols on me. One with just gonal f and cetrotide and the other long lupron and low dose hcg. Overall, we did not yield as many embryos as we both had hoped for.
They are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I would say the strengths are their approach, they have a good clinical approach. I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
She was all for transferring 2 at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
My initial paperwork when we had it sent in, they could not find. I had to have it sent again.
Snyder

Dr. Griffin is an exceptional doctor and human being- he does not sugar coat or make unfulfillable promises....He gueninely cares and that is very obvious when you meet with him....I was through three ivf cycles with this clinic. Two were fully with Dr. Griffin.... All three protocols for the three cycles were different each time. I feel like with each failure, he gained knowledge and tweaked things for the next cycle. Everything was very clearly explained to me and my husband before starting the cycles.
I can't say enough positive things about this clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc]. I know that some complain of the wait- but it's only because these doctors care and take the time they need with each patient to ensure that all patients understand their care and protocol. The only negative is there are a few staff and/or nurses that can be very short with you or share their personal opinions when not really asked for....Their cycles are very fairly priced.
Dr. Griffin is an incredibly caring professional. He wants so badly for his patients to achieve pregnancy. He takes his time and answers all of your questions. He has a great deal of experience compared to others. He puts a lot of thought and time into your protocol too. A truly wonderful Doctor!
No advice needed, he is wonderful.
Dr. Griffin is an exceptional doctor and human being- he does not sugar coat or make unfulfillable promises. I had met with him at least half a dozen times and he has never ever rushed me or my husband or the dozens of questions we have every time. He gueninely cares and that is very obvious when you meet with him.
This is hard to list as I've been through so much in the past several years. I was through three ivf cycles with this clinic. Two were fully with Dr. Griffin and the third with the new doctor in the practice. All three protocols for the three cycles were different each time. I feel like with each failure, he gained knowledge and tweaked things for the next cycle. Everything was very clearly explained to me and my husband before starting the cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
Jen is wonderful- great with answering questions!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I know that some complain of the wait- but it's only because these doctors care and take the time they need with each patient to ensure that all patients understand their care and protocol. The only negative is there are a few staff and/or nurses that can be very short with you or share their personal opinions when not really asked for. Dr. Griffin is so wonderful though so I just never let that bother me.
Unfortunately, New York state has a general clause on infertility and once you move onto ivf, you have little to no coverage at all. Their cycles are very fairly priced.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
No- nothing really went wrong, I'm not sure why this question came up?!
IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Griffin] was very friendly and did a good job explaining our situation. He also had a lot of compassion toward us with our struggle. He seemed to really care about our situation and wanted it to work out. He checked in on us when we had poor results. He even checked to make sure we weren't having to overpay for our medications! We could not have been happier with him...All the doctors and staff were friendly and seemed to really care about our treatment and want good results.
The clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] was remodeled while we were obtaining treatment. They handled it all very well. The only down side of the new setup, is that it seems hard for the staff to keep information as private/protected since their staff area is more open. The whole waiting room can hear conversations being had with staff at the front desk...Everyone was very friendly and supportive....
IVF, Donor Eggs
He was very friendly and did a good job explaining our situation. He also had a lot of compassion toward us with our struggle. He seemed to really care about our situation and wanted it to work out. He checked in on us when we had poor results. He even checked to make sure we weren't having to overpay for our medications! We could not have been happier with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
All the doctors and staff were friendly and seemed to really care about our treatment and want good results. .
We only did 1 cycle of Clomid while we awaited our blood test results. I was not able to ovulate. When we received our results, it was discovered that I have premature ovarian insufficiency. It was very unlikely that we would be able to retrieve more than 1egg, so we moved forward with IVF using donor eggs. The first set of donor eggs didn't fertilize. The 2nd set gave us 2 fertilized eggs. We did the IVF transfer, but neither of them implanted.
Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The clinic was remodeled while we were obtaining treatment. They handled it all very well. The only down side of the new setup, is that it seems hard for the staff to keep information as private/protected since their staff area is more open. The whole waiting room can hear conversations being had with staff at the front desk. Other than that, everything was great!
My insurance covered most of the cost. We had minimal prescription copays. We did have to cover full cost of donor eggs.
We were given the option of either. Dr. Griffin felt multiple transfers would increase our odds of conceiving & we agreed.