Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 14Neutral: 9Don't recommend: 58.1
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The strengths were the office [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] was always very clean and well organized. They kept names and such very private as to cross off your name when called and didn't ask for your birthday in front of other patients....Each nurse was very kind they explained what my eggs looked like and the quality of my lining, they did this each sonogram. When it came to the IUI day they went through the steps that were done and let me look at the sperm and confirmed the sperm donors number and my name several times before doing each procedure.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The strengths were the office was always very clean and well organized. They kept names and such very private as to cross off your name when called and didn't ask for your birthday in front of other patients. When doing blood work they asked your last name and birthday to confirm it was you also asked you what cycle day you were on. As far as the clinic weaknesses there wasn't really anything I could say
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Sullivan was very nice and explained how I would be going about my treatments he explained treatments. I was really under the influence that Id be pregnant within 2-3 cycles due to him explaining I am young, in shape and have excellent egg quality. After 2 failed cycles I had surgery to remove part of my left tube that was blocked we did another 2 cycles and still nothing. No one has called me to discuss further options at this time even after going in for a consult for IVF after the 4th failed cycle. This is why I just feel like a number. I am moving onto another clinic for another opinion
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
How was your experience with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I really liked how Dr. Sullivan went over the details in how an IUI would work. He did explain that I had a blocked tube and that surgery was expected if the first 2 cycles were unsuccessful. I was sent to a teaching after to explain how injections would work instead of doing clomid. Dr. Sullivan had also explained about my husbands infertility issues as he was not able to produce viable sperm. I really wish he had more contact with me during each cycle and after all the failed cycles as to what I should be doing next
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I would let them know Dr. Sullivan was very nice but I felt like he was talking from a script like he would explain things to each patient this way. He was very nice but I just feel like he was very vague in explaining and giving detail in my own fertility issues.
Describe the protocols Michael Sullivan used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
Cycle one I was placed on a low dosage of femera not sure the exact amount I believe it was 2.5, we then did a sonogram to look at the eggs we did one IUI after it failed we did a second IUI and was placed on a little higher dosage of femera and was prescribed 250 mg ovidril. After the second cycle failing Dr. Sullivan recommended I have the surgery to have my left tube operated on. The third cycle I was placed on follistm they started me on a dose of 125 mg after my eggs were growing rapidly they lowered me down to 100 then 75 everything looked great as the nurse described. We also did 250 mg of ovidril that cycle after that cycle failed we did another round of follistm starting at 150mg and decrease again to 100 then 75, I had 4 mature eggs and they advised Id have to go on Lupron instead of ovidril because I was at high risk for overstimulating my ovaries. My hormonal level was also at great height as it was 3,574 a good amount for IVF. I was then giving estrogen medicine to help my lining also was placed on progesterone. After the 4th failed cycle we've decided to get a second opinion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Most of my procedures were covered under Bluecross Blue Shield I only had to pay co-pays of $10. Some sonograms were more during the time I had worked for a different company and procedures were around $50 for an IUI. For medicines I had to pay about $500 total for injections and femera. I had to pay about $700 for my surgery and since we needed a donor for sperm we paid about $5,000 total for sperm.
Describe Michael Sullivan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Not applicable
Snyder
The nursing staff at BIVF is absolutely terrific. They are very compassionate, caring and organized. They make sure you're questions are answered....The clinic over all is terrific! The staff is pleasant and friendly. Appointments usually do run behind, but that's not a terrible weakness. I don't see any overall weaknesses. The strengths include an amazing support group, friendly and informative nurses, the doctors get back to you in a fashionable manor if you call the emergency line, and the location is close to home.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I felt that because we are young, she did not give the same quality of care that she would to a couple that is older than us. Some of the procedures and tests that I was informed were necessary were never scheduled, because I was told I didn't need them. (ie. CD3 ultrasounds to check for cysts)
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Dipoala is very genuine and compassionate. She is very easily understood and explained everything to great detail. The only negative experience I had was when I was told I was moving onto injectible medications if the current cycle didn't work. The cycle had failed and I called the office to have my scripts sent for my meds and Dr. Dipoala had changed her mind and said I was at too high of a risk for multiples. We were devastated and decided to switch from letrazole to Clomid for that round. The cycle had failed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Make sure that you voice what you want to do, instead of going with the flow.
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
I think I had pretty standard IUI protocol. I would call the office on CD1, take oral medications CD3-7 / CD5-9, go in for CD 10 ultrasound and follicle check, repeated follicle check until the follicles were mature, did a trigger shot and IUI was 36 hours after trigger.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
With my insurance paying a good portion of cost, we paid about $400 for each IUI cycle.
Snyder
they [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] are all extremely nice, caring and compassionate. I do not feel like I'm just a number to them, and each doctor has patiently listened to my (many) questions and provided their honest feedback. They've been open to my requests to try different things as long as they won't hurt anything. I think they could do a better job providing more resources to their patients (i.e. I'd like to see them have an in-house acupuncturist, masseuse, and counselor/therapist). A nurse or two hasn't been as compassionate as I'd think for someone working at an infertility clinic, but generally they've been good.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
As a whole, they are all extremely nice, caring and compassionate. I do not feel like I'm just a number to them, and each doctor has patiently listened to my (many) questions and provided their honest feedback. They've been open to my requests to try different things as long as they won't hurt anything. I think they could do a better job providing more resources to their patients (i.e. I'd like to see them have an in-house acupuncturist, masseuse, and counselor/therapist). A nurse or two hasn't been as compassionate as I'd think for someone working at an infertility clinic, but generally they've been good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Griffin has been wonderful every time I've seen him - always compassionate and caring, taking the time to talk with me and answer my (many!) questions. He is very warm and has a great bedside manner.
Jen is FANTASTIC. She's very responsive to emails and phone calls, and shows a lot of compassion and sympathy. She also put together/hosts a monthly group support session which is so helpful to anyone going through infertility treatments.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
How was your experience with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I've had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Griffin, I'm always happy to have him overseeing a cycle or appointment for me as I know he will listen, be compassionate and take the time to discuss any options. I'm always asking a lot of questions about different courses of treatment I've read about, and he's honest in his feedback on them and willing to let me try anything that won't hurt. He has a great bedside manner making you feel at ease during what's an incredibly stressful and difficult time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and be armed with your own information - he will take the time to listen and provide his feedback in a thoughtful way.
Describe the protocols Adam Griffin used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
Dr. Griffin oversaw an injectable IUI cycle for me, as I was experiencing lining on the thinner side with clomid and femara. Unfortunately the cycle did not result in a pregnancy but he was very open to listening to my questions and providing me with feedback on whether he thought they were good options or not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Overall the cost is pretty reasonable compared to many other clinics across the country. I would have liked to see them be more helpful in finding the lowest cost alternative for medications sourced locally (I did that myself and provided my feedback to them but not sure this is being shared with anyone else).
Describe Adam Griffin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Dr. Griffin was open to transfering 2 embryos after I had 2 eSET failures, and I am proceeding with my next FET transfering 2 as well and he is in support of this approach.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[Buffalo IVF] Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans...The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly...there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
Investment Banker
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans. Being 100% out of pocket this was very helpful as it decided whether or not we could proceed. Weaknesses: - I do not have very many complaints, but there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
Dr. Sullivan and his office from the moment I called made me feel welcome and gave me information and let me speak directly with the doctor BEFORE I was even a patient. They made me understand the entire process and costs and were very accommodating. We had had a very difficult time at another clinic and I was searching for a place we felt comfortable with and Buffalo IVF gave me that feeling the day I called.
The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly as I never had to wait long for a response. They also were very prompt during my stim cycle to give me results of bloodwork and my next steps for medication. I loved that I never had to worry about what the results were during my cycle because they followed up exactly when they said they would.
Dr Sullivan spoke with me on a real person level and didn’t use terms that I did not understand. I did not feel as if he were rushing me through the appointment as most doctors do and he was exactly on time... no waiting in the office for 45 minutes before being called. He also made me feel relaxed and even joked around with me a little. My husband and I also had a setback on egg retrieval day that caused my husband to need TESE surgery right away and he was able to call a colleague and get us in almost immediately. While the results from that procedure were not what we hoped, we were super thankful for the sense of urgency he put on the situation and how well we were accommodated. He was by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Feel free to ask any questions to get clarification.
I have only done 1 IVF cycle and the protocol that was used was the “antagonist method” which put me on more Gonal-F than typical (325iu). I was not sure what that even meant at the time, but I continued as directed with the Gonal-F, low dose HCG and Cetrotide. I went in for monitoring/bloodwork every other day and I ended up stimming for 9 days in total. On egg retrieval day, I had 11 eggs retrieved, 11 eggs mature and 11 eggs frozen. At the time I was upset that I did not produce as many eggs as I had hoped but I was thankful that the eggs I got were all mature. We plan on doing another full cycle this fall.
I came to this clinic in Buffalo,NY as their costs were the most reasonable that I have seen. The IVF cycle in total was $4000 and that includes embryo transfers for 1 year. They also offered a payment plan which was very helpful as well. For most people with insurance the bloodwork and ultrasounds for cycle monitoring would be covered. My husband and I were not insured at the time and all of our bloodwork, ultrasounds and TESE procedure were all out of pocket. However, the clinic let us know about these costs ahead of time so there were not any surprises.
Our doctor had not mentioned specifics about our single/multiple embryo transfer. He wanted to wait until we graded the embryos to see what our best chances were. However, he did mention that because of my age (30), that typically they only recommend a single transfer. Unfortunately we did not make any embryos during our cycle due to MFI so we did not transfer any.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Most of the nursing staff [at Buffalo IVF] is very nice. I did have an issue with one nurse but Dr. Griffin personally addressed it when I brought it to his attention.... They are working on updating their clinic and coming up to the times with technology. A strength would be the ease of being able to speak with someone, they always have an on call doctor and return calls quickly.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Dr. Griffin is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. He has never given up hope that one day I will be a Mom. He always listens and is willing to try something new.
Most of the nursing staff is very nice. I did have an issue with one nurse but Dr. Griffin personally addressed it when I brought it to his attention.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Griffin always made time for me, and always listened. My first miscarriage happened during Christmas time and he made sure to call me personally to check on me to make sure I was ok. He never hesitated to research new ideas and try new treatments.
Be patient, and don’t get discouraged when it doesn’t work.
We started with femara with ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I was able to have 3 pregnancies with this protocol but all were chemical pregnancies. We then moved to follistim and ovidrel trigger with IUI, all of those cycles were unsuccessful. We did 2 rounds of IVF where my eggs were retrieved and immediately frozen to wait for my next cycle to fertilize. One cycle was negative and the other was a chemical pregnancy. Then we did IVF with fresh transfer, that cycle was negative. I took about a year and a half break and then we went back and tried femara again, and elected to do laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis. During the prep for that surgery I discovered I was pregnant with an ectopic pregnancy where I lost my left tube. During the surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy Dr. Griffin found some endometriosis and performed ovarian drilling for my pcos. That surgery was in October 2017 and I have been on a break since trying to decide what the next step for me is.
My health insurance always covered my times intercourse and IUI cycles. The two frozen egg cycles I did were part of a study so I only had to pay for medications and the fresh IVF was somewhere around $4,000
Dr. Griffin made his suggestions based on my personal history and listened when I wanted to transfer multiple embryos.
Snyder
The clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself...an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI...Dr Sullivan is personable with me and my husband and tries to take note of other things going on in our personal life and relating to us
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The clinic is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself. Its possible to get lost in the mix if you dont speak up
Dr Sullivan does have good bedside manor, but its not outstanding. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed/rushed while talking to him and think of questions later. He does however answer every single question I do have and goes over options with me. I appreciate that he also takes into account my feelings and ideas. He allows me to advocate for myself and listens to my suggestions.
listen to what he has to say but also advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions and discuss all options
I do not have an infertility diagnosis other than MFI. I occasionally have irregular cycles so Dr Sullivan first put me on Femara to motitor and track my ovulation. We did several rounds of TI and then one IUI with Femara. We moved on to IUI with injectables. Because of my husbands poor semen analysis we decided to move to IVF quickly. I respond well to meds. We did BCP, lupron, follistim and low dose HCG for my IVF protocol. We retrieved 27 eggs, 20 mature, 16 fertilized with ICSI, 12 made it to day 3 and 5 were good quality to freeze on day 5. Due to a spike in my progesterone, my fresh transfer had been canceled and we had to freeze all. We chose to do an elective single embryo transfer due to my age (30) and the good quality of the embryos. FET protocol was BCP, lupron, estrace and PIO. Day of my frozen transfer I was told that the first embryo thawed, did not survive and they had to thaw another for transfer. My FET failed and we now have 3 blasts left. We are trying a semi natural FET with support from Femara and a trigger shot. So far I am not having response to the Femara despite the success in the past. Hoping to do a transfer in the upcoming month if we can get good lining and follicle growth
So far we have spent $5000 on medication, bloodwork, and scans. This includes insurance coverage and a high deductible for all. We spent an additional $6000 out of pocket for an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI
Dr Sullivan highly recommended eSET due to my age and the grade of my embryos. He was open to discussion on transferring 2 but we agreed to try with 1 especially for our first transfer
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] are a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to get appointments as quick as you would like. Anytime I call in, they are very pleasant. They really do work with you financially and seem to understand this journey can be rough. I have been able to make payments which really helps with the financial stress of it all.... The nursing staff always has a smile on their faces. They are very informative and understanding regarding what I'm going through. In fact, a few of them have went through infertility treatments themselves so it's nice to hear their stories.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to get appointments as quick as you would like. Anytime I call in, they are very pleasant. They really do work with you financially and seem to understand this journey can be rough. I have been able to make payments which really helps with the financial stress of it all.
We went in very concerned as to why it is taking so long because we had our daughter so easily. We are getting older and couldn't figure out what could be wrong. He has done everything, including surgery to find an answer. He always listens to our concerns and is very empathetic to our situation.
When we first called to make our appointment, I knew we wanted to make our appointment with Dr. Griffin because he came highly referred to us. We were very comfortable after meeting him. He listened to our million questions, answered them all very thoroughly and explained step by step what the next steps would be. My husband and I went through tons of testing and eventually surgery because he couldn't figure out what the cause of our infertility could be. He covered all bases and really gave us options as to what we were comfortable with. We always left his office with a little bit of hope. In fact, were still going through treatment but have remained hopeful along the way. He has a way of being so kind without sugar coating things. I highly recommend him.
To stay open minded. I think that's the main component when going through infertility.
We started by getting lots of blood work, semen analysis, and HSG. I did three cycles of femara; two of which were timed intercourse. I produced beautiful follicles but did not get pregnant so we mutually decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. He found a few polyps and mild endo. From there we decided to do an iui cycle. Again, I did. It get pregnant. We decided maybe Ivf would offer the best chance of us getting pregnant.
I can say very affordable! My medications, blood work, and ultrasounds were covered by insurance but the iui was only $450 a cycle. The Ivf cycle is $4000 for one fresh transfer and $6000 for two. Also, they offer a plan where you can put some down and make payments for a year.
Snyder
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF associates] are so incredibly busy that the office is a circus. We have encountered everything from receiving someone else's intake forms (ours then went to her) to staff walking into the wrong exam room (twice) and long waits for scheduled time appointments. Twice we were taken over an hour late for IUI with a 36 hour trigger. Every time you call it's a different person, and the answers seem to vary from person to person. When they called for my IVF consult, the nurse asked if I was in a femera cycle (that was 3 cycles ago) and if I'd ever done insemination (5 and, um, she called me! Why didn't she know that?). We have told our main doctor our concerns/experiences, as well as another we saw, but no one seems too troubled by it. It has made the process even more stressful.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Do your homework and have your questions ready in a list. Insist on getting things fully answered. Do not let them rush you out of the room or off the phone simply because they have chosen to take on too many patients...that's their fault, not yours. This is too important and stressful to feel like they have not given you time to feel comfortable.
We are just a number. They are so incredibly busy that the office is a circus. We have encountered everything from receiving someone else's intake forms (ours then went to her) to staff walking into the wrong exam room (twice) and long waits for scheduled time appointments. Twice we were taken over an hour late for IUI with a 36 hour trigger. Every time you call it's a different person, and the answers seem to vary from person to person. When they called for my IVF consult, the nurse asked if I was in a femera cycle (that was 3 cycles ago) and if I'd ever done insemination (5 and, um, she called me! Why didn't she know that?). We have told our main doctor our concerns/experiences, as well as another we saw, but no one seems too troubled by it. It has made the process even more stressful.
It's a different person every time. Some answer questions well, others do not. Some are very kind and patient, others are not. A couple are very scattered and rushed-appearing. Sometimes, you get different answers from different people to the same types of questions.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Sometimes I feel like he is somewhat dismissive of our concerns, like after my first injectable cycle went awry and I had to beg the nurse to let us talk to him. He seems knowledgeable but doesn't seem troubled by how chaotic and circus-like the office is.
Insist on getting your questions answered, even if he seems rushed. We pay for his time, and he's making a lot of money for it.
We did some rounds of oral medication and two rounds of injectables. I had a lot of trouble with the injectables, including two cycles that had residual cysts, for which I had to take birth control. All negative pregnancy tests.
Thousands and we're not even done.
They prefer to transfer as few as possible to avoid multiples.
Snyder
I can't say enough positive things about this clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc]. I know that some complain of the wait- but it's only because these doctors care and take the time they need with each patient to ensure that all patients understand their care and protocol. The only negative is there are a few staff and/or nurses that can be very short with you or share their personal opinions when not really asked for....Their cycles are very fairly priced.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I know that some complain of the wait- but it's only because these doctors care and take the time they need with each patient to ensure that all patients understand their care and protocol. The only negative is there are a few staff and/or nurses that can be very short with you or share their personal opinions when not really asked for. Dr. Griffin is so wonderful though so I just never let that bother me.
Dr. Griffin is an exceptional doctor and human being- he does not sugar coat or make unfulfillable promises. I had met with him at least half a dozen times and he has never ever rushed me or my husband or the dozens of questions we have every time. He gueninely cares and that is very obvious when you meet with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
Jen is wonderful- great with answering questions!
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Griffin is an incredibly caring professional. He wants so badly for his patients to achieve pregnancy. He takes his time and answers all of your questions. He has a great deal of experience compared to others. He puts a lot of thought and time into your protocol too. A truly wonderful Doctor!
No advice needed, he is wonderful.
This is hard to list as I've been through so much in the past several years. I was through three ivf cycles with this clinic. Two were fully with Dr. Griffin and the third with the new doctor in the practice. All three protocols for the three cycles were different each time. I feel like with each failure, he gained knowledge and tweaked things for the next cycle. Everything was very clearly explained to me and my husband before starting the cycles.
Unfortunately, New York state has a general clause on infertility and once you move onto ivf, you have little to no coverage at all. Their cycles are very fairly priced.
IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] was remodeled while we were obtaining treatment. They handled it all very well. The only down side of the new setup, is that it seems hard for the staff to keep information as private/protected since their staff area is more open. The whole waiting room can hear conversations being had with staff at the front desk...Everyone was very friendly and supportive....
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The clinic was remodeled while we were obtaining treatment. They handled it all very well. The only down side of the new setup, is that it seems hard for the staff to keep information as private/protected since their staff area is more open. The whole waiting room can hear conversations being had with staff at the front desk. Other than that, everything was great!
All the doctors and staff were friendly and seemed to really care about our treatment and want good results. .
Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
He was very friendly and did a good job explaining our situation. He also had a lot of compassion toward us with our struggle. He seemed to really care about our situation and wanted it to work out. He checked in on us when we had poor results. He even checked to make sure we weren't having to overpay for our medications! We could not have been happier with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
We only did 1 cycle of Clomid while we awaited our blood test results. I was not able to ovulate. When we received our results, it was discovered that I have premature ovarian insufficiency. It was very unlikely that we would be able to retrieve more than 1egg, so we moved forward with IVF using donor eggs. The first set of donor eggs didn't fertilize. The 2nd set gave us 2 fertilized eggs. We did the IVF transfer, but neither of them implanted.
My insurance covered most of the cost. We had minimal prescription copays. We did have to cover full cost of donor eggs.
We were given the option of either. Dr. Griffin felt multiple transfers would increase our odds of conceiving & we agreed.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
A payment plan was available after a down payment of about half [at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates]...I have no negatives to describe. The positives were they are quick with blood draws in the morning, great with communication about mes dosages, very compassionate and professional. The office is located right off of the highway and easy to access...They were efficient, professional, compassionate, and very knowledgeable about fertility.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
She greeted me with a smile at each visit, gave encouragement, honest opinions, gave details and never rushed me.
She was patient, compassionate, elaborated everything into common terms. She made me feel optimistic and was encouraging. She was perfect. She adjusted meds and dosages based upon my needs. She is the reason I have children.
Trust her knowledge and know she truly cares about her patients.
For the failed cycle, i was placed on birth control for one month. I used Gonal f, cetrotide, micro hcg, a trigger shot, followed by progesterone suppositories. On the cycle which was successful, I used Lupron for a few weeks, followed by gonal f, Lupron, micro hcg, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, and estradiol tablets. It was believed that my estrogen levels dropped too quickly after the transfer of my first ivf. She said she gave me the meds she did because I was unexplained infertility. I responded well to each cycle but had no embryos to freeze.
Two attempts of ivf was 6,000. Meds and bloodwork and ultrasounds were out of pocket. The amount included icsi, sedation, retrieval, transfer, etc. A payment plan was available after a down payment of about half.
Describe Krystene DiPaola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
We chose to transfer two embryos each time in hopes of best results. I had lots of embryos from each cycle but only a couple made it to day 5 each time, which also helped to influence the decision to transfer 2. The first cycle failed but seconf cycle resulted in twins.
2013 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
The office staff isn't the friendliest which I feel they are the first people you meet when going there. The office is aesthetically pleasing as they have upgraded in the last few years. There are several doctors so you can always get another opinion if you are not satisfied. The nurses (most of them) are amazing and will be the ones to help you through all the tough appointments...The nursing staff is WONDERFUL!! Some nurses in particular go above and beyond to help you with anything you need. Some even calling at home just to check in!
2013 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
There were a few times where I felt things could have been presented in a gentler manner.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Sullivan is a very busy doctor. When meeting with him he always presented the facts and statistics. He was personal to a certain extent. We are greatful for our 2 miracles under his care! I felt he along with the team of doctors there worked together to help us through this difficult process.
Always ask as many questions as you think you need to fully understand everything. You are not alone... there are many avenues of support.
Dr. Sullivan begin with oral medication first which after a few rounds we learned was not aggressive enough. We then moved on to to injectables. It took a while for us to figure out the "perfect" way to get my ovaries to respond without over stimulating (which happened once). We did a conversion to IVF with my first child which was successful. Two years later I had success with my 2nd try of an iui!
We were required to pay co-pays for most meds.. ivf was not covered under our insurance so we had to pay out of pocket for that procedure when a last minute conversion from iui had to be done
Snyder
[Infert and IVF Med Assoc] Good communication, always available to answer questions or discuss concerns. In my case my protocol used birth control pills to regulate my cycles/ down regulate, so time between cycles felt long, but necessary due to irregular cycles...They called me quickly with test results and were easy to reach with questions. Always friendly....$4500 IVF cycle fee ($4000 for second cycle), $1500 biopsy fee for genetic testing, $1225 transfer fee for FET.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Took the time to answer all of our questions, never felt rushed, personally called with results throughout the process and discuss my concerns
She is very friendly and compassionate. Although I saw all of the doctors at the clinic for various procedures, she made me feel like I was her only patient at my visits with her. She knew my medical history and took time to address my questions and concerns (even though I had many!)
Ask any questions you have, none are too small or insignificant
We did IVF with PGD since I am a balanced translocation carrier. I had a good AMH, we did an antagonist protocol with gonal-f, lo dose HCG, and cetrotide with ovidrel trigger. Stimmed for 9 days, retrieved 44 eggs, 37 mature, 32 fertilized.
$4500 IVF cycle fee ($4000 for second cycle), $1500 biopsy fee for genetic testing, $1225 transfer fee for FET. Most monitoring (bloodwork, ultrasounds) covered by insurance. Meds about $3000 for 2 cycles (They were able to provide us with about $2000 worth of meds)
We are doing PGD/PGS and are young, so she recommended single embryo transfer.
Snyder
IVF [at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is $4000 for first cycle $3500 for second and $3000 for any more cycles that are needed...Scheduling was never a problem for me even with a very variable work schedule. They always worked with me. Blood work must be done before 9am for same day results. They are always available and after hours phone calls were handled by an answering service and the doctors would always call back.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
He seemed very passionate about helping us reach our goal and was able to relate with personal experiences.
I felt like the whole office was in our corner!!
He was very knowledgeable and listened to all my concerns. He was able to help me build my care and would listen to any suggestions I had and would have evidenced based information to help make decisions reguarding my care.
I appreciated the less is more approach. We are gratefully that we built our cycles around what we learned from previous cycles and that the least intense protocol needed was used.
Our first IVF was stimulated with low dose hcg, Lupron, and follistim and half the retrieves eggs were fertilized through icsi and half naturally. Small changes were included in our secon cycle including changing from vaginal to IM progesterone, and using only natural fertilization. Our second IVF resulted in our current pregnancy.
IVF is $4000 for first cycle $3500 for second and $3000 for any more cycles that are needed
They were comfortable transferring a maximum of 2 embryos in my IVF cycles.
IVF, Donor Eggs
As far as weaknesses, there have been situations where some of my care [at Infert and IVF Med Assoc] has been missed or confused by the nursing team. I feel as though the clinic's high volume of patients leads to an inability for individualized care and often important items are unintentionally overlooked... when I received the news of my negative pregnancy it was not from the nurse I had fostered a relationship with; instead it was a nurse I had never spoken to- which was very difficult.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin, he treats his patients with compassion and respect. With Dr. Griffin I feel my goal to have a child will be achieved. As far as weaknesses, there have been situations where some of my care has been missed or confused by the nursing team. I feel as though the clinic's high volume of patients leads to an inability for individualized care and often important items are unintentionally overlooked.
Dr. Griffin is incredibly kind and thoughtful in the treatment of his patients. He made me feel as if I am his only patient, providing explanation to the process and understanding to my needs as a patient.
At the beginning of our process I spoke to one nurse exclusively for months; however when I received the news of my negative pregnancy it was not from the nurse I had fostered a relationship with; instead it was a nurse I had never spoken to- which was very difficult. I was taken aback that I never heard from the nurse who I consistently spoke to. At time, It is very difficult to not speak to one nurse consistently and having to retell the situation multiple times.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin- he is kind, compassionate and thoughtful in his care. When I see Dr. Griffin, he makes me feel very comfortable and assures I understand the process and next steps.
Try to be patience, it is a difficult and emotional process.
My cost of care has been significant as it is not covered under insurance. Currently our cost has been $23,000.
My transfer was with Dr. Sullivan and when we came into the office, it was first time hearing the suggestion for transferring one vs. two. I was surprised by the discussion and our need to make such a large decision in just a few minutes. I do wish there was more time to discuss and decide.
Snyder
They [the nursing staff at Buffalo Infertility] are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.... They have a 3 tier package. 1st IVF = $4,000 2nd IVF = $3,500 3rd + IVF = $3,000 It is a great price, as all IVF is expensive.... I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I would say the strengths are their approach, they have a good clinical approach. I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
She is very good with patients, she listens and answers your questions. She is a very thoughtful person, and answers very politically correct, but in a good way.
They are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
She is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
Make sure to have all of your questions ready, and ask her to repeat if you need.
She used 2 different protocols on me. One with just gonal f and cetrotide and the other long lupron and low dose hcg. Overall, we did not yield as many embryos as we both had hoped for.
She was all for transferring 2 at a time.
Male Factor, Other
No consistency [a tInfert and IVF Med Assoc]. Patients see multiple nurses and doctors. I do feel like everyone has the patients best outcome on mind. When I had a loss and was forced to take a shot to abort the baby, the nurses were not very compassionate...5,000 for ivf cycle (not including medications) 2700 for FET (Not including medications)... I didn’t like how I had multiple nurses depending on the week.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
No consistency. Patients see multiple nurses and doctors. I do feel like everyone has the patients best outcome on mind. When I had a loss and was forced to take a shot to abort the baby, the nurses were not very compassionate.
Dr. Griffin was very consoling when o had my numerous pregnancy losses. I did feel that he genuinely cared about my feelings. He was open to all of my ideas and options on New procedures to try.
I liked most. Some were not compassionate. I didn’t like how I had multiple nurses depending on the week.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I felt that Dr. Griffin cared about me As a patient. I do feel that he was somewhat pushy in trying new treatments after our losses when we were considering new clinics. He was compassionate but was not able to get me pregnant.
Ask as many questions as you have. He will entertain all of them.
I stimulated the ovaries with follistim. I also used Lupron to suppress ovulation and finally a trigger shot.
Dr Griffin urged us to transfer 1 embryo but was open to more.
Snyder
[Infert and IVF Med Assoc] Having better communication and organization. I would constantly call, leave messages and get a return call from the wrong nursing department. And whatever questions I had would have to wait until the next day again....Nurse calling with results of beta tests and making it sound like I could die overnight. Giving these results while I'm at work, and not telling me my numbers actually doubled.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
He was the doctor that we saw first and made it sound like we would have no problem achieving pregnancy. He did not do our retrieval or transfer, or see me during the ivf cycle. He was only writing orders for meds, then after transfer when the baby wasn't developing he was involved.
Make sure you do your own research and ask every question you can think of, the doctors don't tell you how much could go wrong.
Birth control pills for 3 weeks, followed by Lupron then stimulating meds, Lupron and hcg. I had a good amh and produced many eggs.
$4000 for one ivf retrieval $600 to freeze husband's biopsied sperm $50 to thaw that sperm $350 for genetic blood work Monitoring blood work and ultrasounds were covered by my insurance
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
There is a wait to get a consult with Buffalo IVF. But it is worth it once you are there. Everyone is very kind, caring, and professional.... he nursing staff at Buffalo IVF is amazing. They are all kind and caring. You see the nurses a lot and they know your case so well. The cry with you, cheer you on, pray for you, and take the time to just talk.... We started with blood work and a "dye" test, decided to start with IUI's and now are moving onto IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Dr. Sullivan is very caring and compassionate. I feel that he know me as a person, not as a number. He has called me personally several times during our treatment, include once when he was on vacation, to go over test results. I feel he is 100% there for his patients.
The nursing staff at Buffalo IVF is amazing. They are all kind and caring. You see the nurses a lot and they know your case so well. The cry with you, cheer you on, pray for you, and take the time to just talk.
Dr. Sullivan is a fast talker, but he takes the time to answer all of your questions. He doesn't sugar coat things, which I liked knowing what we were up against. He has always been kind and understanding to me.
That he jumps right in and throws a lot of information at you. Don't be afraid to stop him as ask questions.
My insurance covered everything except IVF. They offer a payment plan
2013 - 2016
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] were open every day of the year- even weekends and holidays. They have a lab right there but sometimes you would wait an hour for lab work. Staff was all very nice. They do retrieval’s and transfers right there too.... It took over a month to get our records so that we could get a second opinion at another fertility clinic.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They were open every day of the year- even weekends and holidays. They have a lab right there but sometimes you would wait an hour for lab work. Staff was all very nice. They do retrieval’s and transfers right there too.
He was very kind
They were all very kind. Never had an issue with any of them.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr Sullivan was very compassionate when we weren’t able to get pregnant. I do not feel that he really tried to find an answer for our infertility though. I feel like we had a false sense of hope and he always said the procedures should work.
Advocate for yourself.
3 iui with femara. 3 IUI with femara and ovidrel. 3 IUI with bravelle and ovidrelle. 2 full rounds of IVF with the same protocol- used bravelle. First one we got about 12 eggs, 2 were transferred on day 3, none to freeze, negative beta . Second we got about 17 eggs, 2 were transfered on day 5, 1 to freeze, negative beta for fresh, positive beta for FET- miscarriage at 6 weeks.
$3500 per round of IVF not including monitoring. Exact prices are on their website.
Dr Sullivan allowed us to decide if we wanted one or two embryos transferred.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] treats you wonderfully at this office, which I feel is more important because they're the ones dealing with you...I saw just about every nurse in the office and loved almost every single one, some more than others, some less but I feel like they are all great there and very compassionate and wonderful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
While the nursing staff treats you wonderfully at this office, which I feel is more important because they're the ones dealing with you, dr Sullivan kind of rushes through consultations he is a very nice man but just seems very busy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Many different nurses)
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr Sullivan came highly regarded by friends and past patients. I feel as tho I have had to take charge of my treatments by asking for the next steps instead of him suggesting we move onto more aggressive treatments, infertility is a tough struggle and it makes you very sensitive, you want to feel like you're the doctors biggest priority it is not always the case with him although I do feel like he is great at what he does and I have seen his methods working we have yet to achieve a pregnancy after over a year of treatments and are now moving on to Ivf
Go into his office prepared with questions, he talks fast and throws a lot of information at you at once
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
They [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] recently remodeled so I’m glad Bc it needed to be. They do seem very busy but i have t had any negative expierences from it. I live the ease of getting blood work right at the office. I like that there is multiple doctors to work with... During an Ivf cycle i wasn’t called with instructions once. I was called directly by dr griffinonce he was notified
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They recently remodeled so I’m glad Bc it needed to be. They do seem very busy but i have t had any negative expierences from it. I live the ease of getting blood work right at the office. I like that there is multiple doctors to work with
He treats you like your his only patient, very kind and listens. He genuinely cares for your outcome
There are great nurses and no so great nurses.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr Griffin is the ideal doctor, knowledgeable, caring, experienced, and has an amazing gift for what he does. I’ve seen a lot of doctor as that practice and he was the first one to make me feel like we would become parents.
Just make a consult, guaranteed he will make you feel at ease and if you have had no luck with other doctors he will try something g different
He switched my protocol off of Lipton Bc it was suppressing me too much and added ganirelix. After one failed cycle and 2 cancelled cycles, the change did the trick
I think it depends on your situation, we have MFI so multiple embryo transfer worked for us
Snyder
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
They [staff at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] are a very compassionate and willing to listen to my concerns and needs. They offered the best solutions to my specific situation for my needs at that time and currently as I have went through a second miscarriage...All of the doctors at this office have taken a lot of time with me and made my whole experience feel as though I was a family member to them and was the most important patient they had.
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are a very compassionate and willing to listen to my concerns and needs. They offered the best solutions to my specific situation for my needs at that time and currently as I have went through a second miscarriage.
He was very great with doing my eyes retrieval so I could freeze embryos before I started chemo treatments. He was very optimistic and walked me through every step of the way. Called me very time there was an update with the developing embryos.
Be very upfront with everything your feeling and what you expect to happen
It cost us around $4000 to do the egg retrieval to freeze our embryos. We did not have to pay for the cost of the medication because that was granted through livestrong program for chemo patients.
Snyder
They are an efficient office [Buffalo IVF]. Very respectful of your time to get in and out. They are understanding of what you are going through and treat you accordingly. I love that they have a blood lab right there to help ease the process...[Monitoring Appointments] Very efficient. Timed perfectly so you were in and out...I created a bond with a few of the staff and I was so greatful for them...
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are an efficient office. Very respectful of your time to get in and out. They are understanding of what you are going through and treat you accordingly. I love that they have a blood lab right there to help ease the process.
We had a unique plan set up just for us and were kept apprised if the situation.
It was bittersweet to leave the clinic. I created a bond with a few of the staff and I was so greatful for them
The one on one meetings that we had were very informative. When we had to go for IVF the details in our plan were fully explained and Dr Sullivan was as determined as we were to help our dreams come true
He is a miracle worker. Trust in his plan
I didn’t discuss the soecifica with him. I trusted his protocol whole heartedly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Very efficient. Timed perfectly so you were in and out
Don’t remember exact numbers
He suggested that 2 be our magic number. One may not be effective and 3 may result in multiples.
Snyder
I thought he [Dr. Adam Griffin] was very nice and explained everything in a way I could understand and answered all my questions without making me feel like any of them where stupid questions...The nurses do the IUIs and sonograms, the doctors do the procedures, surgery, imaging, ect. Sometimes you see the other doctors in the practice for the procedures, they were all very nice. No one was judgmental about me being single, it was briefly discussed (just in that I would be using donor sperm) at the first consultation and that was it.
I thought he was very nice and explained everything in a way I could understand and answered all my questions without making me feel like any of them where stupid questions.
IUIs where covered by insurance
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
[Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates was] extremely organized and responsive....One doctor did not listen to our wishes with an IVF cycle and seemed more concerned with making us happy than doing what was medically smarter...Each IVF cycle, including all medications averaged about $9000
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Extremely organized and responsive. We have no negative feedback
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kent Crickard at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
We could not have had more personal and attentive care. Dr. Crickard and his staff kept our hope alive even when we had none.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Anne & Cathy)
Extremely organized and responsive
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
How was your experience with Kent Crickard at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
He was extremely knowledgeable, realistic, honest, and kind. We always felt like he really care about us and he gave us the strength and hope to keep trying.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kent Crickard at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Trust him
Describe the protocols Kent Crickard used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
IVF using various drug protocols - I did not respond well to luperon, so we changed to different protocols and got twice as many eggs and embryos. We ultimately used donor sperm for our final, and successful IVF cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kent Crickard at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Each IVF cycle, including all medications averaged about $9000
Kent Crickard
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Terrible results but a very kind and compassionate doctor. If you want to feel good, choose Dr. Griffin. If you want to get pregnant, choose someone else....[Monitoring appointments at Buffalo INfertility and IVF Associates were] terrible, made worse by the awful radio you are forced to listen to on the waiting room. I think I have PTSD from this waiting room.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Boo!!
Exceptionally gifted bedside manner.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
There's a new clinic in Buffalo!
Terrible, made worse by the awful radio you are forced to listen to on the waiting room. I think I have PTSD from this waiting room.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr Adam Griffin is] very caring and compassionate...He is very positive, so if you want someone that will be direct he is not for you. He is very devoted to his patients...Clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is so busy that twice I had to call them to get my embrology report
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Very busy and often you need to follow up with them
Very caring and compassionate.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I am fortunate to have insurance coverage