4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226

2019 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Adam Griffin] is kind and explains clearly. He listens to questions or concerns and addresses them specific to my situation. I did it feel like I was getting put into a category and that all clients are treated the same. I felt that I was important and my treatment was important...I was told that the goal is one healthy birth. They prefer to transfer 1, and I felt they push only 1, but ultimately it is the clients decision. I was informed of the risks of transferring Multiples
The [Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] clinic is amazing. I did not encounter a single person that made me feel even the least bit stressed or upset. One of the reasons I chose them was because of the initial interaction I had when calling to get information on services...The nursing staff is amazing! Every person there makes you feel like you are important. I didn’t not feel like just another client. I felt that they actually cared about helping me get pregnant.
How was your experience with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
He is kind and explains clearly. He listens to questions or concerns and addresses them specific to my situation. I did it feel like I was getting put into a category and that all clients are treated the same. I felt that I was important and my treatment was important
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Do your own research and ask questions if you don’t understand
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I felt the entire staff knew me personally
Describe the protocols Adam Griffin used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates and their degree of success.
I had a verity of doctors for IUI and the protocols was the same regardless. 3 rounds with oral meds, then 3 rounds with injectables (follistim). I know there were other meds but I dint remember them. My IVF cycle was right at the beginning of COVID. I had injectable meds (follistim) and others that I cannot remember, then the retrieval, then we had to freeze the embryos because the office was shutting down due to COVID. When they were allowed to see patients again I had a FET with Lupron, estrace, and POI. That resulted in the birth of my son. Since then I have had 2 more FET ( with Dr. Griffin). The same protocol. They resulted in chemical pregnancies so I had an ERA and am in the process of another FET with an additional 2 days of POI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The clinic is amazing. I did not encounter a single person that made me feel even the least bit stressed or upset. One of the reasons I chose them was because of the initial interaction I had when calling to get information on services. Every other place would not talk to me, even about general things, unless I had a consultation. This Clinic took time to answer my questions about treatment costs, insurance coverage, time frames, etc. I felt like they care do before I was even a patient. They lived up to the standard I set for them from that first phone call. They are responsive and willing to talk about anything I need to to feel comfortable with my treatment. I felt they cared specifically about ME. The only think I would change is that they would allow monitoring from an outside office (my local OBGYN).l for patients who live farther away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
IUI: monitoring were cover by insurance, the procedure was not and was about $400.00. Medication was about $3,000 combined for all IUIs. IVF: nothing associated to IVF was covered by insurance. Monitoring Was about $400.00 each and the Procedure was about $5,000. I had follistim donated so medication costs were low. 1 FET was included in the cost of IVF FET: nothing is covered by insurance. It’s about $400.00 per monitoring and $2,500 for the procedure. ERA: monitoring were covered by insurance. The ERA was about $800.00
Describe Adam Griffin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
2021, Successful
I was diagnosed with PCOS and had 3 ectopic pregnancies in the last 3 years, and 1 blocked tube...I decided to jump into IVF although Dr.Griffin said that wasn’t my only option...able to completely clear out my tubes from previous ectopic pregnancies when he was originally going in just to remove a polyp! He truly goes above and beyond...
The biggest strengths is definitely the compassionate staff [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates], they even donated about gonal f pen of 900units. Which costs $500-1000...the prices were pretty cheap compared to many other clinics but the monitoring cost was crazy expensive!...[nurses] always called immediately with results/ called back soon after I would call the clinic with questions.
I was recommended to Adam griffin by my OB. He had very high expectations that I would fall pregnant after my first transfer and he was right. He was even able to completely clear out my tubes from previous ectopic pregnancies when he was originally going in just to remove a polyp! He truly goes above and beyond. He always made sure to explain everything in detail and had always told me he had high expectations
He was very kind and gave us hope since the consultation. He was very honest and upfront and didn’t judge for my age as I jumped into treatment right after college
I was diagnosed with PCOS and had 3 ectopic pregnancies in the last 3 years, and 1 blocked tube. Given all those ectopics I decided to jump into IVF although Dr.Griffin said that wasn’t my only option.My Amh was 7+ And my protocol for IVF was 150 gonal F and 10 LDHCG for 8 days. (Originally my protocol was for 10 days but I responded very well and only needed 8 days of stims and even lowered my gonal F to 100 the last 2 days of stims). Since I am young and have PCOS I was expecting OHSS and a cancelled fresh transfer. We were able to avoid OHSS and able to do the fresh transfer, I am currently 11.5 weeks! 19 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 16 fertilized and 6 made it to embryos.
I never had any problems with them. They were all very sweet and always called immediately with results/ called back soon after I would call the clinic with questions.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The biggest strengths is definitely the compassionate staff, they even donated about gonal f pen of 900units. Which costs $500-1000. I wouldn’t say this is a weakness but I wanted to talk a bit about prices since they haven’t been updated on this website in some years. Unfortunately I had 0 IVF insurance coverage although there’s a mandate in NY with that being said: Ultrasounds cost $300 (you will need 3-5 during a round of ivf) Bloodwork cost $223 (quest) just for estradiol!! That’s crazy considering my insurance covered most blood work even though they weren’t supposed to. Blood work would have easily cost me $2000 but I’m sure I would have argued with quest telling them I’m not paying that since they approve my insurance to pay only $41 for estradiol haha, but I paid $447 for what insurance didn’t cover.
Unfortunately I had no insurance coverage for IVF even though I’m in NY. Apparently independent health doesn’t cover anything ivf related. The prices were pretty cheap compared to many other clinics but the monitoring cost was crazy expensive! I paid $5000 for ivf package #1 and that included 1 injection teaching class, ultrasound that looks for polyps or fibroids, egg retrieval including anesthesia, a fresh transfer, and a frozen transfer if the fresh doesn’t take. Again, if you don’t have insurance ultrasounds are $300, $223 for just estradiol. So monitoring alone is around $2500-3000! I can’t find the paper I got for PGS testing but I believe it was something like $3500 to test 1-3 embryos, $4000 to test 4-7 embryos and $4500 to test like 8-12? The prices were very similar to that but you also get 1 frozen transfer included in those prices! I was on a low protocol given my high amh and the clinic donated meds. I spent about $1500 on meds (estradiol cost $400 for 3 weeks worth). They go through freedom pharmacy where you can get a 25,50, or 75% off discount depending on your income. I spent around $10,000 on the package, meds, and monitoring. I can’t complain as I see many people spend $15-20k+ on just a fresh cycle. However if the fresh fails/ends in miscarriage, your looking to spend about $2500 on monitoring and medicine for a frozen cycle with no coverage. If both transfers don’t work out then additional frozen transfers are $2500 without monitoring so it could add up pretty quick.
He recommended 1 embryo for my age and I did not want multiples so I agreed to it but I got to choose if I want to transfer 1 or 2. If that transfer would have failed I likely would have transferred 2 for a frozen transfer. I am glad I didn’t transfer 2 as this transfer was a success.
Snyder

Dr. Sullivan's nursing staff [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] go above and beyond!!! They are very hardworking, patient and friendly. While going to his practice for 9 months they always greeted with you a smile!!! I had the pleasure of seeing most of them multiple times which allowed me to develop a comfortable relationship with them... He always makes himself accessible and/or his staff as they have an after hours line that you can call if needed.
How was your experience with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Dr. Sullivan is very knowledgeable and passionate about his practice and helping his patients. He wants what is best for you and your future. He is hundred percent transparent even if it's unfortunately not what you might want to hear. In the event that things might not go as planned he is very compassionate and expresses his gratitude/concerns. As a patient it can be upsetting but he has what is best for you in mind. He is hardworking and dedicated as he has waited for me to arrive after work when I was experiencing overstimulated ovaries. He always makes himself accessible and/or his staff as they have an after hours line that you can call if needed. He is dedicated to his practice and his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Go in with an open mind and know that him and his staff will take your under thier wing to give you the best care. They are very accommodating and friendly!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Dr. Sullivan is a very friendly and hardworking doctor. He treats you like a "human" and is very personable. When meeting with him he takes his time to share his knowledge and explain/answer any questions that you may have. He is very knowledgeable and patient.
Describe the protocols Michael Sullivan used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates and their degree of success.
At first I started on a hormone pill. I want to say Femera? They gave me this to help ovulate. After a while I went from taking that to Gonal-F and Ovidrel with IUI's as the pill was not working and they wanted to begin the next step. On my second or third IUI with Gonal- F and Ovidrel I ovulated sooner then they expected. Therefore, the next time. So the next two cycles I was using not only Gonal-F and Ovidrel but I began to use Ganirelix so I would not ovulate so fast on my own and they could manage it. They also added endrometrian. The first time with Ganirelix I had 4 mature follicles and they proceeded with my IUI. It didn't work. Therefore, we continued to the next cycle and Dr. Sullivan canceled my IUI cycle because I had 6 mature follicles. I was heartbroken but he was just looking out for me. He now recommends IVF as my body responds well to the treatment.
Dr. Sullivan's nursing staff go above and beyond!!! They are very hardworking, patient and friendly. While going to his practice for 9 months they always greeted with you a smile!!! I had the pleasure of seeing most of them multiple times which allowed me to develop a comfortable relationship with them. They take the time to get to know you and when you see them again it's like you pick up right where you left off. They are beyond exceptional!!!!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
They are all very friendly and really work together as a team. They are also understanding and accommodating!!! With that being said, they strive to provide you with the best possible care and with the hope/positivity that you need to get through this!!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Sullivan at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Most of my insurance covered a share of my treatment and medications. However, it does not cover IVF or medications. I currently am working with them to pay them as I owe them $1,200. They are being very flexible and understanding.
Describe Michael Sullivan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I unfortunately can't fully comment on this manner as we unfortunately have not made it this far. We had a consult with him about IVF. We just do not have the money to go through with it right now. Very heartbreaking.
Snyder

Dr. Sullivan was knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He sometimes could start to go too fast in a conversation but would stop and explain in further details when asked. He was positive but realistic. I never felt like I left an appointment confused or not understanding what to do next. There was always a plan to look forward to...this was more of a General protocol for unexplained infertility
[Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates clinic] Strengths: friendly, helpful, good communicators, quick appointments, affordable prices. Weakness: the 2 doctors work in shifts for IVF so over a cycle you could see 2 different doctors. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about Anything. Insurance, medications, time frames, etc. the staff will help in any way they can and it will ease your mind
Ask questions if you don’t understand.
I felt everyone in the office cared about my specific situation and challenges. They always knew details, like that I traveled 2 hours so I liked later appointments, and Worked with me and my specific challenges to make treatment as stress free as possible.
I think this was more of a General protocol for unexplained infertility but the plan was to do 3 oral medicated cycles and 3 injectable cycles of IUI before moving to IVF. This became frustrating towards the end of the 6 cycles, but I understand that many people get pregnant this way and we could have chosen to Move to IVF sooner if we wanted to. The 3 oral cycles were with Chlomid. The 3 injectable cycles were with follistim and an Ovidrel trigger shot.
The nursing staff were absolutely amazing. They make this clinic and process as easy and stress free as possible. There was not one time I was there that I was not treated with compassion and I never experienced a single person with a bad attitude. They made the process exciting instead of terrifying. They knew me and my needs, they worked around my schedule, and they got me any answers I needed right away. They did all of this with a compassionate smile. There were many times that I got bad news (failed cycles, insurance coverage, postponed cycles due to COVID-19) and although those things were disappointed, I truly felt the support from the clinic staff and that made it a lot easier to handle.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I live 2 hours away. Typically monitoring hours were at the clinic before 9am but they allowed me to get my bloodwork closed to home in the morning, then travel to buffalo to have my ultra sound around 3:30 so I could take as little time as possible off of work. This was so helpful!!
My blood work and ultra sounds for IUI were covered by insurance. I paid about $400.00 for the procedure plus the cost of medications which ended up being around $$2,000.00 total. I selected a $5,000.00 IVF package (not including bloodwork, ultra sounds, and medications) it ended up being around $7,000.00 but I was given some medications free of charge donated by another patient.
My consultation for IVF was with Dr. Sullivan and he strongly suggests 1 embryo transfer but when asked stated it is up to the patient.
Snyder
[Dr. Adam Griffin] never interrupts you when your speaking...When I had more questions about my upcoming ovarian drilling surgery he personally called me and took the time to answer every single question...monitored my injections perfectly for my ivf retrieval. He lowered and also raised the dosage when needed. Especially with having PCOS...Unfortunately to no fault of anyone’s my only embryo did not stick. But it was the closest I’ve ever been in 14 years of trying to conceive.
They [Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] are all very organized. I always get answers and call backs when needed. They never get frustrated, even when you call multiple times in a day...[nurses] will cry with you, support you, hug you, high five you...Beyond sweet, compassionate and knowledgeable...[Dr. Adam Griffin] never interrupts you when your speaking. He really makes you feel like his only patient.
Dr. Griffin is extremely patient and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is one of the best I’ve seen in a doctor. He always takes the time needed for every question with every appointment. He’s very kind and considerate. He listens to you. He does research on questions you have that maybe he hasn’t came across. For me that was different supplements. He never interrupts you when your speaking. He really makes you feel like his only patient. He keeps you informed with everything he’s doing. He will call you personally with results. He even called me personally to answer more questions I had after a consultation with him. You never feel rushed or be littled by him. I really can’t say enough positive things about Dr. Griffin. I’m so honored to have him as my doctor. He gives me confidence and real hope in everything he’s doing to help me accomplish my goal of being a mom to my own biological child.
He’s great! I guess I’d just tell them they’re in great hands.
Dr. Griffin has the best bedside manner. He truly listens to everything you say. He has no problem taking any suggestions or tests you want. You can really feel that he wants to help and he wants to make this work for you. When I had more questions about my upcoming ovarian drilling surgery he personally called me and took the time to answer every single question. I really can’t say enough great things about Dr. Griffin. I’m so happy he’s taking care of me. I’m excited and hopeful for my dream of being a mom. He’s made me feel this way. He makes me feel extremely confident that he will help me reach that dream.
He monitored my injections perfectly for my ivf retrieval. He lowered and also raised the dosage when needed. Especially with having PCOS. I had to be monitored very closely and carefully. This resulted in a retrieval of 32 eggs. Unfortunately with PCOS I had many drop off, which we expected. The day of retrieval he was great. I only really remember talking to him before I was put under but he made me feel very comfortable. After 5 days he called me on thanksgiving day to tell me we had one embryo. He was sad that it wasn’t more and so kind in the way he told my husband and I. The day of transfer was a frozen transfer. Again Dr. Griffin explained everything fully and made me feel very comfortable. In the end he cupped my hand and with much sincerity said he wants this to work and is thinking about us and wants the best news. Unfortunately to no fault of anyone’s my only embryo did not stick. But it was the closest I’ve ever been in 14 years of trying to conceive.
They are all wonderful! They will cry with you, support you, hug you, high five you, I just can’t say enough about how wonderful the whole team is. Beyond sweet, compassionate and knowledgeable. Love them!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
They are all very organized. I always get answers and call backs when needed. They never get frustrated, even when you call multiple times in a day. Hahaha! I can’t even think of any weaknesses. Everyone that works there is fantastic!
Scheduling my monitored appointments were so easy. I was always given the time that was most convenient for me. It always worked out great especially when I needed to be to work early.
I’d say about $9000 some is still financed. And I have more to come. I’m having ovarian drilling surgery next month. Then the month after I need to purchase more meds for ivf retrieval.
After our fail of our only embryo transfer I told Dr. Griffin my husband and I wanted to transfer two next time if we have them. He has absolutely no problem with that. He actually said I have no problem with that, seems you guys have some catching up to do. I am happy and relieved that this didn’t have to be a debate.
Snyder
Straightforward and honest, he [Dr. Sullivan] was clear of what the expectations were for someone my age. He didn’t make it seem impossible but he was honest about the challenge. He performed the retrieval but his staff performed the IUIs. He answered all our questions in a manner we could understand. The process was very emotional and long it seemed to me. I only saw him 2 or 3 times and mostly saw his staff...
the nurses [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] were super kind and caring...Appointments were on time, the only one I could remember too a long time was the retrieval one. They were easy to reach by phone no matter the day of the week. The lady that did my labs was good too and right at their office. They also worked well with the lab company I used. Results were always in on the same day...
Straightforward and honest, he was clear of what the expectations were for someone my age. He didn’t make it seem impossible but he was honest about the challenge. He performed the retrieval but his staff performed the IUIs. He answered all our questions in a manner we could understand. The process was very emotional and long it seemed to me. I only saw him 2 or 3 times and mostly saw his staff.
Ask all you want, he was always willing to answer. Don’t be afraid.
I was treated kindly and honestly. Doctor indicated it would take at least 3 retrievals but we were in the process to move out of state and had only time and money for 1 retrieval.
I don’t remember all of it. We did Clomid for each of the IUI cycles. For the egg retrieval we did injectables and have many sonograms to evaluate how my follicles were developing and measuring them. Once at the right size we did the retrieval. If I remember correctly we had like 28 follicles but only got 13 eggs.
They were very kind to me. They saw me at very sad times as my baby’s heart beats were always too slow an indication that we were going to have a miscarriage. They allow me to see my baby by sonogram for a little longer since it would be the last time my child had a heart beat. We had a total of 7 miscarriages and everyone of them hurt so much.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I don’t have any other fertility clinic to compare them too and say if they did enough or not enough. It is my hope that they did and they do to every patient. I know the nurses were super kind and caring, that holds a lot of weight in my book. Appointments were on time, the only one I could remember too a long time was the retrieval one. They were easy to reach by phone no matter the day of the week. The lady that did my labs was good too and right at their office. They also worked well with the lab company I used. Results were always in on the same day.
Including medications, monitoring, labs, retrieval and all the appointments we spend $17,000
We didn’t make it that far sadly.

2020, Consult
I felt at times he [Dr. Michael Sullivan] was warm. Then when we found out there was tubal blockage everything changed. I felt more of like a number. Someone just passing through. I wasn’t told really what were my options. I had to seek them out and then he finally gave me my options. I still feel confused at times because of the fact that I’ve to figure out how to fund my ivf journey.
The nursing staff [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] were amazing at the practice. They answered my questions and I felt heard...The strengths is the cozy and warm atmosphere. I liked that I was greeted like a human. My critique would be they moved so fast at times I couldn’t keep up. I wish they would take their time when it came to fully explaining things.
I believe he is a great doctor. He made me feel important at first. Then my results came back and I had tubal blockage everything changed. I wasn’t seen as quickly; I had to seek out information from the office.
I would say ask a lot of questions don’t be shy to ask
I felt at times he was warm. Then when we found out there was tubal blockage everything changed. I felt more of like a number. Someone just passing through. I wasn’t told really what were my options. I had to seek them out and then he finally gave me my options. I still feel confused at times because of the fact that I’ve to figure out how to fund my ivf journey.
I was put on femara for to me to ovulate
The nursing staff were amazing at the practice. They answered my questions and I felt heard

2020, Consult
[Dr. Michael Sullivan] Reviewed all of my treatments from previous doctors and answered all of my questions and concerns...during consultation he was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He explained things in a way that were easy to understand and was personable. He was willing to consider my questions and concerns and come up with a treatment plan that I felt comfortable with and they best fit me and my needs.
Nursing staff [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] is fantastic. They are knowledgeable and take the time to answer all questions throughly. They have been willing to look into any questions I have and get back to me quickly with answers...Remote monitoring is not available. You need to be able to travel frequently for appointments if you are out of town. Staff is fantastic, knowledgeable, and has made me feel like I have a voice in my treatment.
Reviewed all of my treatments from previous doctors and answered all of my questions and concerns. Treatments have been delayed due to covid-19 but during consultation he was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He explained things in a way that were easy to understand and was personable. He was willing to consider my questions and concerns and come up with a treatment plan that I felt comfortable with and they best fit me and my needs.
Ask questions and voice any questions or concerns. I felt very comfortable sharing what I felt was important to me in treatment.
Treatments have been postponed due to covid-19. During consultation and all phone calls after to discuss what my treatments would look like moving forward I felt as if the people I was talking with cared about my fertility journey and made decision on it specific to me and with my questions and concerns in mind
Consult and teach only. IUI planned and medication ordered but treatments postponed due to covid-19.
Nursing staff is fantastic. They are knowledgeable and take the time to answer all questions throughly. They have been willing to look into any questions I have and get back to me quickly with answers. Treatments were postponed due to covid-19 and nurses have been empathetic and willing to answer any and all questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Consult only at this time Plus cost of medication for planned iui cycle that was postponed due to covid-19
Snyder

He [Dr. Griffin] always came in the room with a smile and had jokes to tell to lighten the mood of (what can be) an embarrassing few minutes. He always told me what to expect and never left out details. I always felt knowledgeable and up to speed on my treatments....We did a gentle stim FET because I don’t ovulate on my own and I could see why he chose this route even though it was lengthier and more expensive. He wanted my body in the best place for transfer.
They [Buffalo Infertility] strive for one baby at a time, but I transferred two once to up my chances and it wasn’t my choice initially. But I agreed and I’d do it again... Very well organized. Lab was in a separate area with a sign in sheet and the ultrasound and procedures had another waiting area with sign in sheet... Strengths: communication, compassion, humor, timing of appointments (open EVERY DAY all day), lab right in the office (no outside appointments usually needed in other offices), price was lower than average.
He always came in the room with a smile and had jokes to tell to lighten the mood of (what can be) an embarrassing few minutes. He always told me what to expect and never left out details. I always felt knowledgeable and up to speed on my treatments.
Try to remain stress free. Don’t be so serious. Dr griffin is a good, sometimes goofy doc who will try his hardest to help. I always felt like part of a family
He was always friendly. He remembered I was going to a concert and asked me about it at one of my appointments and that really surprised me, in a good way!
Always in a good mood, making jokes which is really important.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths: communication, compassion, humor, timing of appointments (open EVERY DAY all day), lab right in the office (no outside appointments usually needed in other offices), price was lower than average. Weaknesses: nothing that I can think of besides the fact I didn’t get pregnant.
Two IVF cycles for $7000 and a cycle worth of labs and ultrasounds were around $1000
They strive for one baby at a time, but I transferred two once to up my chances and it wasn’t my choice initially. But I agreed and I’d do it again
Snyder

He [Dr. Sullivan] was very patient and understanding during my dye test. I was terrified because I had never been in a hospital for any reason. I so appreciated the time he took to explain the procedure and make sure I was ok.... I did a dye test to evaluate my Fallopian tubes. I took Femara, had an ultrasound to evaluate how it was working. Then tested for ovulation at home. Once I got a positive I had an IUI done the following day. I start my second round tomorrow as the first IUI did not work.
Front desk staff [Buffalo Infertility] and answering service should probably be educated more or told not to talk specifics if they do not know what they’re talking about. Every time I would call I felt they had no clue what was going on and it was frustrating....maybe they should know how to read a chart correctly so patients get scheduled for what they have treatment planned.... I feel the nurses are their biggest asset to this clinic. They are always so informed and understanding.
He was very patient and understanding during my dye test. I was terrified because I had never been in a hospital for any reason. I so appreciated the time he took to explain the procedure and make sure I was ok.
Be patient. Educate yourself and ask as many questions as you need to make yourself feel comfortable.
You can tell they care and want to help. They are thorough with your paperwork and assessing you and your partners health history to rule out any possible factors or causes of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
She is great. After my consult I was so overwhelmed. She took me to another room and explained everything again with great detail and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Front desk staff and answering service should probably be educated more or told not to talk specifics if they do not know what they’re talking about. Every time I would call I felt they had no clue what was going on and it was frustrating. I understand they are not medical professionals but maybe they should know how to read a chart correctly so patients get scheduled for what they have treatment planned. My treatment was delayed the first month due to being down one doctor because of vacation. Anyone who is going through this knows how precious time is. I feel the nurses are their biggest asset to this clinic. They are always so informed and understanding. They go out of their way to explain procedures and everything they see on my ultrasounds.
Luckily, we uped our insurance and had HSAs so just have copays at this time but we do not have coverage for IVF so we shall see.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
When I finally tested positive for ovulation I had to call the clinic on a Sunday and leave a message with the answering service. I explained everything to the girl who answered the phone and her response was, “So, are you calling to let us know you got your period?” I had to explain everything to her again and asked to please just have the on call nurse call me ASAP to schedule my IUI the following day. I waited 2 hours and then at the urging of my husband I called back and spoke with a different girl, explained my situation and asked that a nurse call ASAP. The girl said they had a record of my call earlier and the nurse should have already called back so she would get in it ASAP. The nurse called me within 5 minutes and apologized saying something about a miscommunication on their end. Luckily, I was able to schedule the IUI the next day but I was so stressed because I had a whole day of patients myself the following day that I was waiting to call to reschedule because I didn’t know what was going on yet with the IUI appointment.
Snyder

I loved dr Sullivan. He is always friendly and warm. He always has ideas on how to help me more and never seemed stumped by my infertility and how my body reacts. He has a great sense of humor and keeps the mood light and relaxed but also on topic.... We did femara with trigger shots three times for IUIs and once did an iuI with gonalF injections and trigger shot. Definitely got more response from gonalF and even got a phone call after hours to talk about follicle count
Scheduling [at Buffalo Infertility] is a strength. There’s always open appointments in which to be seen. They’re open 365 days a year and have long hours. They’re organized as well. Certain types of appointments (transfers, retrieval’s and IUIs) are done in the morning. They have a blood work lab right on site and do all ultrasounds in site as well.... Each ultrasound is around $150, blood work is around $75 (for estradiol) and the IVF itself had two different packages. One cycle for $4000 ($3k upfront) and two cycles for $7000.l ($4k upfront)
Although I did not become pregnant, I do not blame dr Sullivan or the clinic. Dr Sullivan has the perfect personality for such a delicate topic and hard journey for so many people. He is kind, gentle when addressing issues, and stays on topic and addresses every question I could have. I never felt rushed out of his office and I always felt welcome to come to him with questions and concerns.
Go in with an open mind and trust the doctor. Also, do some of your own research but don’t take it all to heart as research online isn’t always accurate. Lastly, become knowledgeable with options so you can ask what’s best for you.
They’re so good. They have good senses of humor and are kind and caring and delicate with this hard journey.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Scheduling is a strength. There’s always open appointments in which to be seen. They’re open 365 days a year and have long hours. They’re organized as well. Certain types of appointments (transfers, retrieval’s and IUIs) are done in the morning. They have a blood work lab right on site and do all ultrasounds in site as well.
I did one transfer with one embryo and one transfer with two embryos. They aim to do one but my body hasn’t been cooperating so we tried two.
Snyder

Dr. Griffin has been SO accomodating and personable. He has squeezed my husband and I in on his days off, made earlier than usually appointments, given us straight-forward facts and his honest and optimistic opinion for further treatment. He has been amazing and a source of hope after years of frustration. I honestly feel that he wants our treatment to be successful (almost) as much as we do!... I have been on injectables and he has adjusted my dosing according to my response.
The clinic is very accomodating and usually very fast to respond to calls and voicemails. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with Buffalo IVF!... The nursing staff has been absolutely amazing throughout treatments. They are comforting, compassionate and caring.... There are 2 main doctors and 1 nurse practitioner. The doctors have very different personalities. In case one does not meet your needs, the other is fantastic!
Do not lose hope even if other doctors may have brushed your needs aside. He is compassionate, accomodating, honest and genuine.
With Dr. Griffin, I have been on injectables and he has adjusted my dosing according to my response. We have undergone 4 IUI cycles with him after several with another doctor. Although they were unsuccessful, he is confident and optimistic about pursuing IVF this coming cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, Jessica, Gail )
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
There are 2 main doctors and 1 nurse practitioner. The doctors have very different personalities. In case one does not meet your needs, the other is fantastic! And the NP is amazing as well. She has been in our shoes and has two beautiful twins to show for her treatment! The clinic is very accomodating and usually very fast to respond to calls and voicemails. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with Buffalo IVF!
Most of my costs were covered under my health insurance aside from prescriptions and some medications.
We have yet to cross this bridge depending on the quantity of embryos that are of high enough quality in this coming cycle.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Sullivan] thoroughly answers all of my questions. He spends the time necessary at every appt. He does all of my US, not a nurse. He is willing to try and suggest different test or treatments to figure out why nothing is working for us. When things dont work i can see his genuine frustration and concern. ... Dr Sullivan and Dr griffin are a team. So I sometimes see dr Griffin, whom I trust and care for equal to dr Sullivan.
The only issue i have ever come across (im a travel patient, I live 90 miles away) I sometimes go to a local hospital for bloodwork. Im supposed to be drawn before 9 am for same day results and they fax the order. Whether its the doctor office or my local facility, the paperwork isn't always there. I have to wait for the office [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associations] to start answering phones at 9 am.
Dr Sullivan and Dr griffin are a team. So I sometimes see dr Griffin, whom I trust and care for equal to dr Sullivan. My frustration lies in being "unexplained". But i do feel that the Drs are trying everything they know to do.
Be patient, it is a long journey. Every time you think "this is going to be the answer". That's not always the case. But the Drs truly care ans are willing to try and suffest whatever it takes to reach your goals.
He thoroughly answers all of my questions. He spends the time necessary at every appt. He does all of my US, not a nurse. He is willing to try and suggest different test or treatments to figure out why nothing is working for us. When things dont work i can see his genuine frustration and concern.
We started with birth control, lupron, a baseline scan and bloodwork, added follistim with regular scans and bloodwork (sometimes daily) then trigged with ovidrel. I had 18 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertalize and 2 make it to 5 day blast. I did a fresh transfer of one embryo, using endometrin tabs and froze the 2nd. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I then prepped for a FET. There was a shortage of PIO, so again I did BC, lupron and a light, monitored stimulatuon with follistim. I triggered and fm5 days later transferred my frozen blast. This resulted in a BFN. I did a miscarriage BW panel checking for blood clotting disorders and autoimmine diseases. My husband and I both did BW to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Everything came back normal. We proceeded for our second retrieval. We followed the same protocol. We retrieved 12 eggs, 6 fertalized and 2 made it to 5 day blast. We did a fresh 5 day transfer. Transferring both embryos. Resulting in another chemical. We proceeded with another consult. We decided in a hysteroscopy. I had that done, he scraped my lining to smooth it out, but didnt find anything suspect. I then prepped for my 3rd retrieval. He felt like the lupron supressed me to much. So we started with birth control, I did a baseline apt and proceeded with follistim, we also added in a low dose of HCG. I did regular bloodwork and US and added in ganirelix. I triggered with ovidrel. We retrieved 24 follicles. I can't remember how many fertalized and all that jazz, but again, we wound up with 2 blast. Which was very disappointing. I did a fresh transfer, with endometrin, both blast. And it resulted in my 3rd chemical or a possible ectopic. My hcg slowly raised before dropping. At a loss, we decided for another retrieval. The next plan was to do a freeze all and let my body rest before transferring. We were lining up for our best retrieval yet. Same protocol, BC, follistim and LDHCG, bloodwork, US, ganirelix. My bloodwork showed my progesterone rising. So they had me trigger and brought me in the next day for retrieval, hoping I didn't ovulate prematurely. During retrieval, the embryologist stopped the doctor and said the follicles were empty. I lost one ovary of follicles. He convinced me to come back the next day and retrieve the second side. We got 19 eggs and 16 fertalized. And sadly, we only ended up with two blast again. I froze both. After a few month break, we started prep for FET. Birth control, lupron, estradiol, PIO. Transferred one blast. Ended in a chemical pregnancy. Compeletely defeated at this point, I opted for the ERA test which just became available in NY. So i took all the same FET meds. I am currently awaiting the results and prepping for my FET of my last embryo. During all,of this it was suggested that I take prenatal, vitamin D, baby asprin and CoQ10.
I typically have two of the same nurses, but everyone is extremely friendly, caring and compassionate. They answer all of my queations and are prompt about returning phone calls.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The only issue i have ever come across (im a travel patient, I live 90 miles away) I sometimes go to a local hospital for bloodwork. Im supposed to be drawn before 9 am for same day results and they fax the order. Whether its the doctor office or my local facility, the paperwork isn't always there. I have to wait for the office to start answering phones at 9 am.
I believe it is $7200 for retrieval, monitoring and freezing. And roughly 1800 for FET.
When 2 single transfers didnt work, we got more aggressive with transferring two embryos. And after that failed twice, we felt like we were blowing through our embryos so we decided to go back to single embryo transfers. And they supported our decision.
Snyder

Due to another doctor leaving I started seeing Dr Griffin at the start of our IVF cycle and he wasn’t that familiar with our case. But he was always very companionate and hopeful with us along the way. ... IVF ICSI because of Male factor (obstruction) Antagonist protocol due to low AMH level Took meds for 13 days I was a slow responder. ... He did prepare me for the worst during a couple appointments, sometimes I wish he would have been a little bit more straight forward but other than that he was great.
Strength [Buffalo Infertility & IVF Assoc]- organized. Monitoring apts were quick and easy to go to. Weekness - phone calls seemed rushed at times. Waiting time varies. ... Be your own advocate. Write everything down and take notes. Also trust your instincts and push for what’s best for you. ... Very nice in person [nursing staff] but sometimes I would feel rushed during the afternoon phone calls with next steps during cycle.
He is very compassionate and easy to talk to. He did prepare me for the worst during a couple appointments, sometimes I wish he would have been a little bit more straight forward but other than that he was great.
Come prepared with questions and write everything down and he will take the time to explain everything thoroughly
IVF ICSI because of Male factor (obstruction) Antagonist protocol due to low AMH level Took meds for 13 days I was a slow responder. He thinks it the Birth Control I took before May have over surpressed me. So next cycle we would not do BC. Retrieval 9 eggs 8 mature 7 fertilized 5 grew normal Transferred 2 embryos Remainder were not strong enough to freeze Transferred 2 embryos. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Also want to note I came down with the flu right after transfer. High fever no GI issues.
Very nice in person but sometimes I would feel rushed during the afternoon phone calls with next steps during cycle.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Be your own advocate. Write everything down and take notes. Also trust your instincts and push for what’s best for you. Strength- organized. Monitoring apts were quick and easy to go to. Weekness - phone calls seemed rushed at times. Waiting time varies.
Insurance covered partial meds and 50% procedure. I reached lifetime max with meds so no more coverage. Billing was always timely
Snyder

Dr Griffin is very kind and friendly. He is easy to talk to and explains everything fully so you understand all treatment options. ... He performed my laparoscopy surgery and it went very well. My consultations, follow up appointments and phone conversations are very professional and my health and safety are his main concern. ... He has a way of making you feel very comfortable and at ease.
The biggest strength of this clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is that it is small and not overflowing with patients. ... They remember me and are compassionate about my journey and how frustrating this can be. Their hours for bloodwork and appointments are always helpful for those that work. ... They also have a support group once a month where women can get together to just talk and not feel judged. The only weakness I would say is that they do not recommend other pharmacies to try to get medications at a cheaper rate.
Dr Griffin is very kind and friendly. He is easy to talk to and explains everything fully so you understand all treatment options. He has a way of making you feel very comfortable and at ease. He performed my laparoscopy surgery and it went very well. My consultations, follow up appointments and phone conversations are very professional and my health and safety are his main concern.
Discuss and ask questions about any treatment you want to pursue and he will be happy to assist in your journey.
Dr Griffin is extremely kind and friendly. He explains everything in a way that we can all understand without talking down to you. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease about everything he wanted to try and accomplish with my treatment. I would highly recommend him.
I started out with clomid, but that gave me horrible cramps. Then I switched to Letrozal, which was a lot easier on my body, but that gave me the same results as clomid in the end. I then moved on to gonal-f, which my body responded to much better. I still have not had any success getting pregnant, but he has helped answer questions about moving forward with further IUI's after endometriosis was removed or moving on to IVF.
The nurses that work for Dr Griffin are very nice and compassionate. Sometimes they are backed up, but always take the time you need with them to answer any questions or just to talk.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The biggest strength of this clinic is that it is small and not overflowing with patients. The doctors and nurses make time for you and don't make you feel like you are rushed out the door so they can see the next 20 patients before lunch. They remember me and are compassionate about my journey and how frustrating this can be. Their hours for bloodwork and appointments are always helpful for those that work. I never feel like a number here and always feel welcome. They also have a support group once a month where women can get together to just talk and not feel judged. The only weakness I would say is that they do not recommend other pharmacies to try to get medications at a cheaper rate. They did recommend target, which they are great and well aware of the fertility meds they stock, but they are not the cheapest. Buffalo IVF strengths substantially outweigh the weaknesses.
My insurance covers unlimited IUIs and the ultrasound appointments, so I have only had copays so far plus all medications. IVF is $4500 per round.

2017 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Adam Griffin] came in specially to do a transfer with me when he was not the scheduled dr for that day. When we finally had a lasting pregnancy he was as thrilled as we were...He will listen. He really wants to work with his patients and collaborate with them to get a baby...He also put me on a 'kitchen sink' protocol with steroids, low dose naltrexone, benadryl and prograf to help combat the inflammation from the endo. I am now 31 weeks pregnant from the first transfer after the pgs testing and endo removal. I had a rough first 2 trimesters with bleeding episodes. Dr Griffin was unbelievably supportive and always allowed me to come in for reassurance scans and talked me through any and all issues that came up
Strengths [at Buffalo Infertility]- open 365 and in house bloodwork...weaknesses - one dr in the clinic prefers tried and true methods and does not like to vary from protocols Be sure to advocate for yourself and push for what you want and ask questions...Dr Griffin was always on top of everything but sometimes the nurses would default to standard protocols and I would need to tell them to speak with griffin and review and make sure I had the treatment my dr and i discussed
I was with the clinic with another dr for a year before switching to Dr Griffin. He had realized that we were a unique case and needed more help. The dr we had previously kept using tried and true methods for us that weren't working. Dr Griffin took over and did more testing (ERA, hysteroscopy, immune testing etc), and switched us to a natural FET protocol. We got pregnant all 3 transfers with him. The first 2 were chemical pregnancies so we dove into more testing. We PGS tested our embryos and Dr did a lap on me in which he found and removed widespread endometriosis. He also put me on a 'kitchen sink' protocol with steroids, low dose naltrexone, benadryl and prograf to help combat the inflammation from the endo. I am now 31 weeks pregnant from the first transfer after the pgs testing and endo removal. I had a rough first 2 trimesters with bleeding episodes. Dr Griffin was unbelievably supportive and always allowed me to come in for reassurance scans and talked me through any and all issues that came up
Voice your opinion. He will listen. He really wants to work with his patients and collaborate with them to get a baby
Dr Griffin is an amazing man and the best Dr I have ever had. He made me feel like I was his only patient and was so passionate. I was a more difficult case and he worked with me every step of the way, developing a protocol specifically for me. He called me on his off hours to discuss all options. He came in specially to do a transfer with me when he was not the scheduled dr for that day. When we finally had a lasting pregnancy he was as thrilled as we were. We came to the office to bring a gift and he spent his hour lunch break sitting and talking with us. What other dr would do that on their personal time. A wonderful man and dr.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths - open 365 and in house bloodwork weaknesses - one dr in the clinic prefers tried and true methods and does not like to vary from protocols Be sure to advocate for yourself and push for what you want and ask questions. Dont just sit back and do whatever they say without getting involved yourself
We tried 2 eSET transfers with untested embryos with a previous dr and they both failed. We had 2 embryos left when we switched to Griffin and he agreed on letting us put both in. They took but resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We did another retrieval and transferred 2 fresh. Again, a chemical pregnancy. We then PGS tested the remaining embryos. The next transfer we opted for eSET again due to the embryo being PGS normal. Griffin agreed though he would have let us put in 2 if we absolutely wanted. That transfer resulted in a lasting pregnancy
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Sullivan is a very nice and direct man, but not very aggresive. There have been many suggestions I've given him and he refuses most. I feel like sometimes I have to beg for something different to be tried ... I really felt if I didnt fight for something new we'd still be doing the same treatments ... We started with femara and timed intercourse. Then moved to femara with trigger and timed intercourse. No success. Then we tried femara, trigger and iui.
I have been unhappy with not being monitored closely. Ive had some issues, including ovulating through medication, that I feel would've been caught if I was watched more closely. ... I love that I can get everything done in 1 office [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates]. Bloodwork is available all day. Stat bloodwork 7-9am only. Monitoring appts and procedures/iui all done in the same place. Had to have a hysteroscopy with biopsy done, that was right in the office
He likes to stick with tried and true protocols but they don't work for everyone. Most protocol changes i suggested were shot down very quickly if he didn't have hard proof they would work. Many times I'd have to beg for something to change. I really felt if I didnt fight for something new we'd still be doing the same treatments
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. Your body may not respond like everyone elses.
The nurses have all been great. We do have 2 favorites. Dr. Sullivan is a very nice and direct man, but not very aggresive. There have been many suggestions I've given him and he refuses most. I feel like sometimes I have to beg for something different to be tried
We started with femara and timed intercourse. Then moved to femara with trigger and timed intercourse. No success. Then we tried femara, trigger and iui. Nothing. Then we did a cycle of gonal-f, trigger and iui. Next we tried lupron microdose, gonal-f, trigger and then iui was cancelled because I ovulated through the lupron. We took a break then tried femara, trigger and iui again. Still no luck. There were issues along the way. I don't feel I was being monitored enough. There were cycles that probably never should have been started but I didnt have bloodwork done so there was nothing to back up the feelings of something's not right
All the nurses were wonderful. There are 2 favorites we have. But all we professional and made me feel comfortable. Some were more caring and personable than others, but that's all nurses
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I love that I can get everything done in 1 office. Bloodwork is available all day. Stat bloodwork 7-9am only. Monitoring appts and procedures/iui all done in the same place. Had to have a hysteroscopy with biopsy done, that was right in the office
I am very fortunate that everything weve done have been covered by insurance. So, Ive only had to pay co-pays
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I have been unhappy with not being monitored closely. Ive had some issues, including ovulating through medication, that I feel would've been caught if I was watched more closely. Also, i had a cycle where they thought I had a large cyst on cd3, never did bloodwork, started me on meds, then told me it must be a follicle after 8 days off meds and scheduled the trigger and iui even though the "follicle" was much too large to be good and viable. They dropped the ball that cycle
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I don't feel as comfortable with the other providers that have been at this clinic [Buffalo Infertility] currently and in the past. They haven't been as open to questions and usually seem rushed. My recommendation would be to absolutely request Dr Griffin....The nursing staff has done there best to follow up with me and get my questions answered. They are good about calling back and following up as needed.... I think with all doctors it is important to do your own research and be your own advocate
Dr Griffin takes time to explain everything and answers questions patiently. When I first saw him I explained that I had a negative experience with one of the other providers at his clinic previously and he responded thoughtfully and compassionately. He took time to look into the most current research about unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and came back to my follow up appointment with an idea for an additional medication we can try that has seen some promising results.
I think with all doctors it is important to do your own research and be your own advocate. Bring a notebook and keep track of what procedure and test you had done at what time. Medical charts are unfortunately not always accurate and this becomes especially important when switching clinics or providers. Do some preliminary research so you can be an active member of your own care team.
Dr Griffin seems to truly cares about his patients. He took time to explain details surrounding recommended care and answered all questions. He didn't brush off research I did as a patient but took time to thoughtfully comment on ideas I've read about regarding recurrent pregnancy loss. He then followed up with more of his own research and proposed to try a more experimental medication that has shown some promising results elsewhere. Given that there's not a lot of data or ideas on how to treat unexplained recurrent miscarriages, it means a lot to me that he is willing to help me try something different and give us some hope. Over the course of my fertility journey, I've seen numerous obgyns and fertility specialists and it means a lot to me that it doesn't feel like he's just trying to check you off the list and get to the next patient. You definitely feel like a human instead of a number working with him.
This cycle I am taking an immunosuppresant called Tacrolimus. After ovulation I will be taking Benadryl 25mg 3x/day as well as progesterone in oil. We are testing for PAI-1 and depending on the results may add Lovenox. I am also on prenatals, Vit B12, Vit D, CoQ10, and baby aspirin. I am doing IUI this cycle and did Femera at 5mg for CD 3-7.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
I don't feel as comfortable with the other providers that have been at this clinic currently and in the past. They haven't been as open to questions and usually seem rushed. My recommendation would be to absolutely request Dr Griffin.
not sure
not sure

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I felt before I walked into his office he [Dr. Sullivan] already had a plan of action for me....Would have liked a slightly more personal experience instead of him having a plan in place before i walked into his room. Always wanted to be conservative with me since I’ve been able to get pregnant on my own 3 times but only 1 resulting in a live birth.... I’ve done 9 IUIs with clomid, femara, gonal f, ovidrel and all resulting in not being pregnant.
Can take a long time to receive a call back or you can get a call back right away. They have nice and early hours so that I can get appointments before i have to go to work. Whenever you have to leave a message with the answering service the nurses on call are always very good at calling back right away....The best nurses that completely understand my history are Jess and Judy. All the other nurses never seemed to know what was going on with me and would have to explain it constantly.
Speak up on what you want and don’t let him do all the talking
I felt before I walked into his office he already had a plan of action for me.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
All treatments were covered under insurance at appropriate copay
Haven’t transferred an embryo yet
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
Most recently had spoken with a nurse regarding my current cycle and was told she would speak with Dr. Griffin and would call me after she got his opinion on what is the next step I should take and I was never called.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Sullivan is genuinely nice and helpful. He knows what he is talking about and has done his best to try and help me get pregnant...He informed me that I have PCOS and that he is putting me on femera to start since I would more than likely have a better chance than with clomid.He is so understanding and reassured me that he is able to help me achieve my goal....
Such a positive and friendly environment [Infert and IVF Med Assoc]. I feel at ease when I am there and welcomed. Super clean and sanitary environment also. I felt important and taken care and that I mattered. It’s great to feel that I am not just another patient and that I am going through a difficult time and in a very vulnerable situation.
Dr. Sullivan is genuinely nice and helpful. He knows what he is talking about and has done his best to try and help me get pregnant. While currently still going through the motions, I completely trust him and believe he is doing everything he can to help my situation. He is so understanding and reassured me that he is able to help me achieve my goal.
He knows what he is talking about and makes you feel so comfortable.
Dr. Sullivan was so nice to my husband and I. He was confident and made me feel at ease. He explained everything and truly seems to care.
He informed me that I have PCOS and that he is putting me on femera to start since I would more than likely have a better chance than with clomid. He reassured me that he will help treat me to get pregnant.
Everyone is so nice and helpful. I was never instructed when exactly to get my HSG dye test until I was in cycle 3 and a nurse brought it up to me. Would have loved to have gotten it done much sooner.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Such a positive and friendly environment. I feel at ease when I am there and welcomed. Super clean and sanitary environment also. I felt important and taken care and that I mattered. It’s great to feel that I am not just another patient and that I am going through a difficult time and in a very vulnerable situation.
Snyder
With unexplained infertility, I was constantly looking for answers. Dr. Griffin was always very thorough in explaining why or why not a treatment or course of action was a good idea. When I asked about a laparoscopy before moving into ivf he agreed and even called me to discuss after hours. He was always candid and honest with me. He would be frank in telling me when it’s time to move onto a different treatment or try something new.
Strengths [of Buffalo Infertility]-very efficient. We are able to get in and out in 20 minutes for bloodwork and ultrasound during monitoring. The nurses all get to know you and seem like they really care about your success. Weaknesses- individual members of the nursing staff can be insensitive to what you are going through.... I have a difficult time giving blood work and often pass out. One morning, I nearly passed out when they just needed blood to confirm negative.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You are never a bother to dr. Griffin
Dr. Griffin would always say hello when I would see him in the office halls and remembered my name and my husbands name without looking at our chart.
Always helpful. They remembered me from the numerous IUIs and we formed a relationship with them from being patients for so long.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths-very efficient. We are able to get in and out in 20 minutes for bloodwork and ultrasound during monitoring. The nurses all get to know you and seem like they really care about your success. Weaknesses- individual members of the nursing staff can be insensitive to what you are going through.
What specific things went wrong at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates?
I have a difficult time giving blood work and often pass out. One morning, I nearly passed out when they just needed blood to confirm negative. The phlebotomist has me sit down with a nurse and the nurse basically just told me to suck it up and that they needed the blood.
Snyder
He [Dr. Sullivan] was very friendly used words of encouragement and hope. Always listened to my concerns and questions. Was very thorough precessional. He really cares about his practice and patients. Talks to you like a person and explains things so they are easy to understand... Baseline ultra sound, Uterus biopsy, HSG scan, ultra sound saline test, femara, ovidrel, iui, and a lot of blood work. Biopsy should a polyp so saline test to look for more polyps. HSG to look for blocked tubes and possibly clear tubes.
Very nice facility [Buffalo Inferfility] had a great system and team. The call system on off hours is annoying. Be patient show up early. Bring a list of questions do your research a head of time. Buy a planner specifically for your dr appt and medication schedule...Very kind, super knowledgeable, patient and efficient....They always know my name and ask how other personal things are going not just the infertility like my job or if my husband doesn’t go they ask about him
He was very friendly used words of encouragement and hope. Always listened to my concerns and questions. Was very thorough precessional. He really cares about his practice and patients. Talks to you like a person and explains things so they are easy to understand
Have a list of your questions ready to ask
Baseline ultra sound, Uterus biopsy, HSG scan, ultra sound saline test, femara, ovidrel, iui, and a lot of blood work. Biopsy should a polyp so saline test to look for more polyps. HSG to look for blocked tubes and possibly clear tubes. Femara to stimulate ovulation. Ovidrel for ovulation. Iui do to spouse morphology.
Very kind, super knowledgeable, patient and efficient.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Very nice facility had a great system and team. The call system on off hours is annoying. Be patient show up early. Bring a list of questions do your research a head of time. Buy a planner specifically for your dr appt and medication schedule
So far 4,000 if not more
Snyder
Dr. Sullivan was very kind. Sometimes I did feel as though he didn’t always listen to you...Be prepared to listen more than you question...He talks a lot...My first visit with Dr. Sullivan he got started right away. I had bloodwork and ultrasound that same day...started meds almost immediately...iui with him and the nurse performed the iui...I wish I could of spoke with him more...Also he doesn’t do any type of exploratory surgeries. But he explains that reason very well.
Everything about the staff and scheduling [at Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates] is great. They are very organized and attentive...really help with your every need. They even take blood there. Or will give you your injection if you’re too uncomfortable to do it yourself...[nurses] make you feel like family. They celebrate and grieve with you...Dr. Sullivan was very kind. Sometimes I did feel as though he didn’t always listen to you.
I thought he was very smart and kind. I wish I could of spoke with him more. But I did so iui with him and the nurse performed the iui. My first visit with Dr. Sullivan he got started right away. I had bloodwork and ultrasound that same day. And I started meds almost immediately. I really loved that.
Be prepared to listen more than you question. He will answer your questions. He’s just very informative and knows a lot. He talks a lot. Haha! Also he doesn’t do any type of exploratory surgeries. But he explains that reason very well.
Dr. Sullivan was very kind. Sometimes I did feel as though he didn’t always listen to you. But for the most part he was great.
He kept a good eye on the dosage of my meds for stims for iui. But with PCOS sometimes I would under or over respond.
I love them all. So supportive. They make you feel like family. They celebrate and grieve with you. They are all fantastic!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Everything about the staff and scheduling is great. They are very organized and attentive. They really help with your every need. They even take blood there. Or will give you your injection if you’re too uncomfortable to do it yourself. I’m grateful for all the staff.
About $6000
Snyder

Dr Sullivan does have good bedside manor, but its not outstanding. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed/rushed while talking to him and think of questions later. He does however answer every single question I do have and goes over options with me. I appreciate that he also takes into account my feelings and ideas. He allows me to advocate for myself and listens to my suggestions....Dr Sullivan is personable with me and my husband and tries to take note of other things going on in our personal life and relating to us
The clinic [Infert and IVF Med Assoc] is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself...an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI...Dr Sullivan is personable with me and my husband and tries to take note of other things going on in our personal life and relating to us
listen to what he has to say but also advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions and discuss all options
I do not have an infertility diagnosis other than MFI. I occasionally have irregular cycles so Dr Sullivan first put me on Femara to motitor and track my ovulation. We did several rounds of TI and then one IUI with Femara. We moved on to IUI with injectables. Because of my husbands poor semen analysis we decided to move to IVF quickly. I respond well to meds. We did BCP, lupron, follistim and low dose HCG for my IVF protocol. We retrieved 27 eggs, 20 mature, 16 fertilized with ICSI, 12 made it to day 3 and 5 were good quality to freeze on day 5. Due to a spike in my progesterone, my fresh transfer had been canceled and we had to freeze all. We chose to do an elective single embryo transfer due to my age (30) and the good quality of the embryos. FET protocol was BCP, lupron, estrace and PIO. Day of my frozen transfer I was told that the first embryo thawed, did not survive and they had to thaw another for transfer. My FET failed and we now have 3 blasts left. We are trying a semi natural FET with support from Femara and a trigger shot. So far I am not having response to the Femara despite the success in the past. Hoping to do a transfer in the upcoming month if we can get good lining and follicle growth
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
The clinic is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year which is amazing. They have testing within their facility so I dont have to go off site to get my blood drawn. They do tend to set you up with tried and true protocols unless you specifically advocate for yourself. Its possible to get lost in the mix if you dont speak up
So far we have spent $5000 on medication, bloodwork, and scans. This includes insurance coverage and a high deductible for all. We spent an additional $6000 out of pocket for an IVF package that includes 2 retrievals within 1 calendar year along with frozen transfers. Also includes ICSI
Dr Sullivan highly recommended eSET due to my age and the grade of my embryos. He was open to discussion on transferring 2 but we agreed to try with 1 especially for our first transfer

Investment Banker
[Buffalo IVF] Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans...The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly...there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
Dr Sullivan spoke with me on a real person level and didn’t use terms that I did not understand. I did not feel as if he were rushing me through the appointment as most doctors do and he was exactly on time... no waiting in the office for 45 minutes before being called. He also made me feel relaxed and even joked around with me a little. My husband and I also had a setback on egg retrieval day that caused my husband to need TESE surgery right away and he was able to call a colleague and get us in almost immediately. While the results from that procedure were not what we hoped, we were super thankful for the sense of urgency he put on the situation and how well we were accommodated. He was by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Feel free to ask any questions to get clarification.
Dr. Sullivan and his office from the moment I called made me feel welcome and gave me information and let me speak directly with the doctor BEFORE I was even a patient. They made me understand the entire process and costs and were very accommodating. We had had a very difficult time at another clinic and I was searching for a place we felt comfortable with and Buffalo IVF gave me that feeling the day I called.
I have only done 1 IVF cycle and the protocol that was used was the “antagonist method” which put me on more Gonal-F than typical (325iu). I was not sure what that even meant at the time, but I continued as directed with the Gonal-F, low dose HCG and Cetrotide. I went in for monitoring/bloodwork every other day and I ended up stimming for 9 days in total. On egg retrieval day, I had 11 eggs retrieved, 11 eggs mature and 11 eggs frozen. At the time I was upset that I did not produce as many eggs as I had hoped but I was thankful that the eggs I got were all mature. We plan on doing another full cycle this fall.
The nursing staff was excellent. I chatted with them over the phone as well as on their clinic portal very regularly as I never had to wait long for a response. They also were very prompt during my stim cycle to give me results of bloodwork and my next steps for medication. I loved that I never had to worry about what the results were during my cycle because they followed up exactly when they said they would.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility & IVF Associates.
Strengths: - great communication about procedure and compassion from doctors and nursing staff -prompt follow up/call backs when required -they have their own “financial coordinator” that broke down all costs for me as well as payment plans. Being 100% out of pocket this was very helpful as it decided whether or not we could proceed. Weaknesses: - I do not have very many complaints, but there were a few times that my monthly payment did not go through because of an “expired or invalid” card which was not the case so I had to call a few different departments to Get it cleared up.
I came to this clinic in Buffalo,NY as their costs were the most reasonable that I have seen. The IVF cycle in total was $4000 and that includes embryo transfers for 1 year. They also offered a payment plan which was very helpful as well. For most people with insurance the bloodwork and ultrasounds for cycle monitoring would be covered. My husband and I were not insured at the time and all of our bloodwork, ultrasounds and TESE procedure were all out of pocket. However, the clinic let us know about these costs ahead of time so there were not any surprises.
Our doctor had not mentioned specifics about our single/multiple embryo transfer. He wanted to wait until we graded the embryos to see what our best chances were. However, he did mention that because of my age (30), that typically they only recommend a single transfer. Unfortunately we did not make any embryos during our cycle due to MFI so we did not transfer any.