6.8

530-771-0177
2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. ... After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed.
They [California IVF] seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. ... Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). ... All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me. ...
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr.Goud seems unprepared in this field in comparison to other fertility doctors I had received treatment in the past. There were too many red flags considering my diagnosis: uterine fibroids. During a saline ultrasound one intramural fibroid and a polyp have been visualized. During my pre-op, I've asked him again about myomectomy and he affirmed only a polyp would be removed. I was very confused since it was a conflicted information. Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). I've been under sedation for nothing and cost me $700 out of pocket to cover anesthesia costs. The procedure total was $2250 and the clinic will send me refund check of $1550. I flew out of town, reserved a hotel, and came back home with the same problem. He was absolutely incompetent for miscalculating my procedure, put me at risk for nothing, wasted my time and money, and never followed up on my condition. I asked to switch providers for my follow up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Please tell him you have read his reviews and ask why his successful pregnancy rates are so low. Take notes, ask for consultation summary, compare notes during follow up appointments since he's so forgetful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. He seems very forgetful and clearly didn't review my medical records prior to procedure. After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed. Dr. Goud has tried "to run for the hills" after miscalculating my procedure. No follow up from him or an apology.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had to had one intramural fibroid removed and he failed my procedure. I've been taking bcps prior to my first saline ultrasound and continue on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie and Sylvia)
Valerie, care coordinator and Sylvia, OR Nurse are the reasons I'l be back to this clinic. Absolutely phenomenal.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. My pre-op Nurse was very robotic ( clearly a rookie) but she was acting like reading a script. Just care and compassion, please. It's a fertility clinic. Are you building a family or is it a busine$$ of fertility? All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Saline ultrasound $600, hysteroscopy $2250 ( got $1550 refund), still had to pay $700 for sedation costs. $15K if I proceed with embryo adoption.
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I had the choice for 1 or 2 to be transferred.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Dr. Goud didn't follow basic protocol after hysteroscopy by not calling Rx antibiotics or when to call the clinic for ex. excessive bleeding, etc. I had to ask for IV pain meds due to bad cramps ( isn't obvious?) after waking up from sedation. (post op).
Sacramento

I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he [Dr. Goud] returned my call and was attentive and compassionate.... He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions.
I found the staff [California IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial.... Negatives: Medical advice from insurance coordinator. Chaos from nursing staff, lack of follow through, artificial compassion. I never even got a diagnosis and did not have the feeling that my care was comprehensive or tailored to me as an individual. Positives: Great andrologist, doctors were kind, everyone was responsive, easy to get an appointment.
I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he returned my call and was attentive and compassionate. I had been given off the Wall medical advice from the insurance coordinator and he called to give me an actual medical opinion and set my mind at ease. He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions. I felt like some of the answers he gave me were incomplete and I had to say “why didn’t you tell me that?” later on. I didn’t feel that my care was tailored to me as an individual.
I would just be very persistent at getting all the information, take notes, ask that treatment is tailored to me, etc.
IUI because that’s what I wanted to pursue. I didn’t have a good feeling for why I needed IUI, so after 2 attempt, we quit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael)
I found the staff overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial. One of the assistants told me it was fine to drink alcohol. The insurance coordinator told me at one point, when I called to talk to the doctor, that I was probably getting my period at 3 dpo after ovulation.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I have still not been billed. Significant delay.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Multiple people told me it was okay to drink alcohol while on a medicated cycle. Only on the second conversation w/ the doctor and with me pressing him on a specific study, did he admit that it could hurt my egg quality. The insurance coordinator told me I was probably having my period at 4 dpo on a medicated IUI when I called to talk to a doctor or nurse about pain and cramping.
Sacramento

Our first consultation was not very informative. We were told we were going to get an ultersound but that never happened. We were given information that we already knew. And the dr. [Dr. Gross] Just kept talking about money....I was at this clinic for a very short time but long enough to know I didnt trust them. I was treated very much like a number. I cant say to much about the dr because I was there enough time to get a good indication of the work being done.
I had high Hope's for this clinic [CA IVF] as I had 5 unsuccessful iui. With another place.I was very disappointed with how things went. The staff lost my paper work I faxed over. I never got a return call. I could never get in contact with my coordinator. I was told that my first initial visit would be $200.00 but they charged my insurance $500.00 I didnt even get an ultersound.... Strengths would be the facility. It's new and super nice inside. Its clean and looks very professional. Weakness would be the communications, and staff organization. They need to work on realizing this is the hardest time in a couples life.
How was your experience with Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I was at this clinic for a very short time but long enough to know I didnt trust them. I was treated very much like a number. I cant say to much about the dr because I was there enough time to get a good indication of the work being done. I just know for me the dr. Weren't very friendly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Don't go to this place
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Our first consultation was not very informative. We were told we were going to get an ultersound but that never happened. We were given information that we already knew. And the dr. Just kept talking about money.
Describe the protocols Gary Gross used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
No treatment. I had my HSG test done here but nothing else. I left before starting treatment.
The nurse coordinator I was given was terrible. I would call her and leave a message. Then i wouldnt never hear back. This would happen all the time. I would be told they hadn't received paper work that I had faxed a week prior but never told me.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths would be the facility. It's new and super nice inside. Its clean and looks very professional. Weakness would be the communications, and staff organization. They need to work on realizing this is the hardest time in a couples life. They need to understand that this process for people is very overwhelming and they dont need the extra stress of just trying to get in contact with their coordinator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
$300.00 I had my HSG test done here.but no other treatment
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I had high Hope's for this clinic as I had 5 unsuccessful iui. With another place.I was very disappointed with how things went. The staff lost my paper work I faxed over. I never got a return call. I could never get in contact with my coordinator. I was told that my first initial visit would be $200.00 but they charged my insurance $500.00 I didnt even get an ultersound. They were very much pushing IVF and I didnt feel comfortable doing this with them. I decided to not continue although they were close to my house.
Gary Gross
Sacramento

Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps....The treatment plan wasn’t explained and most of the decisions about the plan seemed to be coming from the coordinators....this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol....Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location [CA IVF - Sac]. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps. I understand the medicine can only go so far but this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol. I couldn’t go anywhere else because my insurance only covered services at the clinic he was at.
Be direct with him and ask him a lot of questions when he is in the exam room, otherwise you will only be dealing with the coordinators.
I was able to get pregnant without reproductive asssitance, however that ended in a miscarriage. So I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Therefore Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael )
Racgael, the asssigned nursing coordinator was great. If my inquiry was urgent, she called back immediately otherwise she always called back at the end of the day. I do wish she used email.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
$15,102, including meds, for 1 medicated cycle, 3 IUI cycles, IVF retrieval. My insurance covered 50% of all services, not the meds.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
During one IUI cycle th Rx wasn’t submitted and I had to follow up.
Sacramento

He's [Dr. Zeringue] great ..fun. informative. Very knowledgeable. I worry that they don't test for any levels at this clinic. Every fee needs to be paid upfront and the transfer room was not a sterile environment like the retrieval room. I feel like trying different protocols just seems like a waste of time when you are 40 years old. I feel that they should have had me at the peak dosages instead of learning as we go with my body response.
Long wait times this clinic [CA IVF] was very busy all the time. Long wait times all the time. The staff were friendly, doctors are knowledgeable...i just think if you want a more direct approach, you have to ask a lot of questions...Wasn't told to begin birth control for 2nd cycle. So I had to wait another month...They are a busy clinic. Sometimes wait times were in excess of an hour...Linda was great. Friendly and understanding. I had one pet peeve and that was that not 1 nurse could give me an iv.
How was your experience with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He's great ..fun. informative. Very knowledgeable. I worry that they don't test for any levels at this clinic. Every fee needs to be paid upfront and the transfer room was not a sterile environment like the retrieval room. I feel like trying different protocols just seems like a waste of time when you are 40 years old. I feel that they should have had me at the peak dosages instead of learning as we go with my body response.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Be prepared to wait
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
They are a busy clinic. Sometimes wait times were in excess of an hour.
Describe the protocols Ernest Zeringue used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first protocol included a long Lupron cycle. I only had 3 eggs. The 2nd was a very short Lupron protocol and added metronome, I had 10 eggs. I dont think freeze all cycles are the best in older women. I had 8 embryos at day 4 and only 2 at day 6. I think we should have tried to transfer on day 3 and froze the rest
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was great. Friendly and understanding. I had one pet peeve and that was that not 1 nurse could give me an iv. The embriologist had to do it, and even that was after 4 pokes in. I felt like a pin cushion. I think overall I was poked over 15 times for 2 ivs
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Long wait times this clinic was very busy all the time. Long wait times all the time. The staff were friendly, doctors are knowledgeable...i just think if you want a more direct approach, you have to ask a lot of questions. This was all new to me and I didn't know what to ask. I had a cyst the entire two cycles which I think we all thought was a follicle. It's smart to do a lot of research before you go
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Treatment, icsi, and transfer are 3 different fees and well as blood tests.
Describe Ernest Zeringue's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
At times Dr. Zeringue felt cold and when answering questions seemed rushed....My fresh day 5 transfer ended up being an ectopic pregnancy, which was a very heart breaking and emotional thing to go through. Their office seemed cold about it. I was told to come back to the office to receive a methotrexate shot which would end the pregnancy and I waited in the waiting room, in tears, for almost two hours. Once back in the treatment room a nurse and Dr. Zeringue did an ultrasound
The clinic [California IVF] can seem cold, business like, lacking human empathy. Linda, my nurse coordinator was very kind when I needed it but overall the clinic can be cold. I also felt rushed when asking questions or trying to understand procedures/protocols.... At the time my cycle for IVF cost around $10,000. Not including freezing any remaining embryos which was another $600 and my frozen transfer which was $2200.
. My fresh day 5 transfer ended up being an ectopic pregnancy, which was a very heart breaking and emotional thing to go through. Their office seemed cold about it. I was told to come back to the office to receive a methotrexate shot which would end the pregnancy and I waited in the waiting room, in tears, for almost two hours. Once back in the treatment room a nurse and Dr. Zeringue did an ultrasound and I could hear them whisper about seeing a heartbeat, which made things 100x worse for me. Knowing that methotrexate sometimes does not work if there is an heartbeat in the embryo I asked about it and they assured me that it was fine. Days later when lab test showed the methotrexate had not worked and the ectopic pregnancy was still growing and developing I was told I would then need to go to surgery to prevent a tube rupture. Horrible situation all the way around. Also, I don’t think that Dr. zeringue is up to speed with some of the latest practices. After my experience with CA IVF I had consultations at 2 different places and they both told me that my treatment plan and medications should have been different, especially if he was concerned about a low ovarian reserve. Of course, that was hard to hear after spending so much money on my first IVF cycle.
Do your research, ask a lot of questions. Don’t be afraid to be your own advocate.
CA-IVF felt strictly like a business. At times Dr. Zeringue felt cold and when answering questions seemed rushed.
I don’t remember accurately enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
Linda was the best part of this clinic. She was compassionate during the hard time of finding out my transfer had resulted in an ectopic.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic can seem cold, business like, lacking human empathy. Linda, my nurse coordinator was very kind when I needed it but overall the clinic can be cold. I also felt rushed when asking questions or trying to understand procedures/protocols.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Pravin Goud] was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome...Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
Each round of IUI [at California IVF] was about $500 out-of-pocket, as I recall. I had 50% insurance coverage, so that was my share of the cost...They are very busy, but run generally on time. They need to get a better system for relaying messages. Front desk staff is not very friendly. Dr. Goud is very nice and competent, but there isn't a lot of individualized attention or communication.
He was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome.
Be sure to make the most of your time with him, and ask all of your questions. It's difficult to get in touch with staff in between appointments.
Some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. I could never get a hold of my coordinator, and would often have to call 2-3 times to get a call back. Often my coordinator said she hadn't received the message that I called. Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
We did three rounds of IUI, using Letrizole and Clomid. The first round, we got pregnant but it resulted in an incomplete miscarriage. We did not get pregnant on the next two rounds, though on one of them my fiancé's sperm count was low so there was a low likelihood of success based on that. After the third round, I changed jobs and got a new insurer, so we switched providers - which was somewhat unfortunate timing as I would have had 50% coverage for IVF under the prior insurer, and will now have to pay out-of-pocket if we elect to try IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel was great - when you could reach her. The clinic was very busy and you could never reach who you needed when you called. Often I wouldn't hear back after leaving messages, and Rachel (or whomever I was trying to reach) would claim she didn't receive the message. The staff is not very organized or good at relaying messages.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Each round of IUI was about $500 out-of-pocket, as I recall. I had 50% insurance coverage, so that was my share of the cost.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I think that at one point I had to call to remind them to order the Letrizole for our IUI round - but I don't remember for sure.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Goud is very nice and is friendly but I do not feel like he made good choices when it came to my treatment. IUI'S were done when it wasn't clear that I had a viable egg and twice, it appeared as though I ovulated before the IUI but he proceed anyway. Also, he did not do adequate testing to ascertain that my tubes were blocked. We did 2 medicated TI cycles and four medicated IUI'S, paid for out of pocket, with blocked tubes later discovered at another clinic. It was also discovered at the other clinic, that I had uterine polyps, which, had my tubes been clear, would have made implantation unlikely.
My first nursing coordinator [at California IVF] never returned my calls. I asked to be switched to someone else and was switched. My 2nd nurse, Rachel, was so nice, always remembered me and was kind and compassionate. Once, she didn't receive the message from the front office that I called so she didn't call me back but I doubt that was her fault.
Be your own advocate.
Dr. God never seemed to remember me from month to month. He was very nice but often didn't recall the treatment or results from previous cycles. At the end of one cycle, he would recommend a different strategy for the next cycle but not remember he said that when I'd come in the next month.
My first nursing coordinator never returned my calls. I asked to be switched to someone else and was switched. My 2nd nurse, Rachel, was so nice, always remembered me and was kind and compassionate. Once, she didn't receive the message from the front office that I called so she didn't call me back but I doubt that was her fault.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is nice and seems to be state of the art.
Thus clinic was very expensive and offered no grants or cost saving messures
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I could only cycle there every other month because they could never manage to get ahold of my insurance company at the beginning of each cycle. I also had a cycle delayed because the front office never gave my nurse the message I called on cycle day 1.
Sacramento
timed intercourse [with Dr. Zeringue]. My dosage varied along with my meds. I tried about 11 cycles with femara then eventually added the trigger injection. Eventually we tried Clomid for 5 cycles...It was the same thing every time. Never got pregnant and some times even never had any follicle growth but he still did the same meds the next cycle. After almost a year of nothing he never wanted to do more in-depth tests or change things up
[Staff at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center is] Not motivated to find the problem and eliminate possibilities. Very quick to “diagnose” unexplained infertility. The doctors and nursing staff were nice and didn’t give up which I appreciated. I just wish they wanted to find answers as to why this wasn’t working as bad as we wanted them...It was the same thing every time. Never got pregnant and some times even never had any follicle growth but he still did the same meds the next cycle. After almost a year of nothing he never wanted to do more in-depth tests or change things up
Be your own advocate
It felt like he didn’t personalize treatment for our needs. Especially when we were just doing monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles
Went in for a follicle scan CD3-5 then started meds that day for a week or so. Then go in to measure follicles then plan out when to trigger and do the timed intercourse. My dosage varied along with my meds. I tried about 11 cycles with femara then eventually added the trigger injection. Eventually we tried Clomid for 5 cycles.
Nice
Insurance covered our TI cycles
None

2020, Consult
IUI With Other Docs
Poor bedside manner. Did not speak with me and acted annoyed by my questions. Charged my insurance for a full consultation, even though [Dr. Goud] clearly did not review my medical records before providing his medical opinion. Throughout the consult, it was evident he was not listening to me, and continued to address my husband, but not me. Given the lack of communication and feeling like a number
Organization and lack of compassion were the weaknesses of this [California IVF: Daivs] clinic...The doc did not review my records before our meeting, which made the appointment seem a waste of my husband's and my time...I did not feel heard by this doctor and was unable to work with him, especially in a medical treatment that is so personal and invasive. Maybe he clicks better with other patients, but I did not feel comfortable going back to this clinic.
I was put off from the first visit and sought a second opinion with another clinic afterward. Poor bedside manner. Did not speak with me and acted annoyed by my questions. Charged my insurance for a full consultation, even though he clearly did not review my medical records before providing his medical opinion. Throughout the consult, it was evident he was not listening to me, and continued to address my husband, but not me. Given the lack of communication and feeling like a number, I did not move forward with this provider.
My doctor sent over the records to his clinic; he allegedly did not receive them. He was late for our appointment. He offered a "consultation" without reviewing my lab results and medical records. Without any prior course of treatment, he recommended we jump straight to using donor eggs or a surrogate; I can't help but notice that it's the most expensive option.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Organization and lack of compassion were the weaknesses of this clinic, which is why I did not return after initial consultation, sought a second opinion immediately and proceeded with treatment elsewhere. My records were sent from my OBGYN, they not only did not receive them, but did not follow up with the referring provider prior to our visit. The doc did not review my records before our meeting, which made the appointment seem a waste of my husband's and my time. I didn't realize until I went to another clinic that the doc is supposed to review ALL of your lab results before giving you his medical opinion. I did not feel heard by this doctor and was unable to work with him, especially in a medical treatment that is so personal and invasive. Maybe he clicks better with other patients, but I did not feel comfortable going back to this clinic.
$1600 for initial consultation

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Although he [Dr. Zeringue] is clearly very smart, I often felt like he was only responding to whatever I asked rather then telling me what in his opinion would be the best course of action...He is all business, which is good but not when you are treating fertility. I did not feel like they were trying to treat me as a whole person. Besides baseline testing they did not try to figure out the source of my infertility. For example I was unaware that doing acupunture was an option until a form asked me if I planned on doing it during embroyo class.
As a fertility warrior she was kind and the most understanding. She [nurse of California IVF: Davis Center] made me feel comfortable and did not pressure treatments...I would say this is an industrial fertility clinic. They see lots of patients which means they are continuing to practice their skills but also that you are a patient number. The staff is friendly enough but the overall mission of the clinic is not best prepare the women's body for treatment but to use medicine and procedure to achieve the desired outcome. This is understandable but for a couple seeking treatment we need to be seen and heard and receive advice best for us as a whole person not just reproductive organs.
He is all business, which is good but not when you are treating fertility. I did not feel like they were trying to treat me as a whole person. Besides baseline testing they did not try to figure out the source of my infertility. For example I was unaware that doing acupunture was an option until a form asked me if I planned on doing it during embroyo class. They only did one monitoring appointment prior to retrieval despite my ovums being on the small side. After my first FET with 2 embroyos that resulted in a chemical pregnancy they did not offer any guidance or change in protocol prior to my second transfer.
Based on his wealth of experience he approaches your treatment statistically. I understand that treatment is science but with fertility there are so many other factors that I don't think he puts value in.
Although he is clearly very smart, I often felt like he was only responding to whatever I asked rather then telling me what in his opinion would be the best course of action.
IUIs- Clomid & trigger shot. Washed sperm. One monitoring appointment no change in meds. IVF- Gonal-F FET- Lupron and 2 estrogen patches, nightly injectable progesterone after transfer.
As a fertility warrior she was kind and the most understanding. She made me feel comfortable and did not pressure treatments.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
IUIs- $3500 for meds and procedure IVF- $4000 for meds, $9000 for retrieval and 1 FET, $1500 ICIS Additional FET- $3000 for procedure, $800 meds.
Did not recommend one way or the other.