6.8

2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Goud is kind and skilled but he didn't make me feel like i was an individual. It feels like a generic process...Average. Kind, competent but detached...Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you....you really need to stay on top of things, be really proactive...There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc...On the whole, [CA IVF - Davis is] not very organized.
On the whole, [CA IVF - Davis is] not very organized. I am super pleased to have Jennifer R as my coordinator because some of the others seem very disorganized. There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc...Jennifer R is excellent. Good communication, timely and compassionate. The other nurses assisted with the procedures. Cierra helped Dr Goud with the ultrasound during the transfer and her skilled and demeanor left a lot to be desired!
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Average. Kind, competent but detached. Pretty much my experience from every fertility Dr that I've had........................................................................................................
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Be proactive. Understand your treatment and next steps fully so that you can ask the right questions in order to stay informed. Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
OCP on third day of cycle lining check (10 days after starting OCP) start Lupron subcut injections when lining check is clear lining check for thickness of uterine lining when above 7.5mm and trilaminar start progesterone IM injections transfer continue with progesterone Beta day 10 Beta day 12 7 wk U/S
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer R)
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
On the whole, not very organized. I am super pleased to have Jennifer R as my coordinator because some of the others seem very disorganized. There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
$12,500 + meds and all other extras (for x 3 cycles)
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The Dr and the clinic were fine with me transferring either 1 or 2. I opted for 2.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Not really, nothing that affected my treatment but you really need to stay on top of things, be really proactive but I've found this to be the case with the other clinics that I've also worked with namely; UCSF and Genea (Australia).
Pravin Goud
Davis

Dr. Z [Ernest Zeringue] is a great doctor. We were very explicit about what we wanted and he did his best to accommodate that. He has been flexible with us and patient. We appreciate the detail he goes into when explaining any procedure or treatment.... He is honest and upfront about what to expect and never b.s'ed us the entire time.... Make sure you ask questions and be firm on what you want!
The nurses in the clinic [California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] are all wonderful. The biggest issue we confronted was that Salina is not the greatest communicator and she is not very understanding. I had to get mad and demand things a few times which I hate doing.... The biggest thing is communication. Make sure you call them consistently if they don't respond because you can easily be forgotten....
How was your experience with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Z is a great doctor. We were very explicit about what we wanted and he did his best to accommodate that. He has been flexible with us and patient. We appreciate the detail he goes into when explaining any procedure or treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Make sure you ask questions and be firm on what you want! You are your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Z made sure to answer any questions I had thoroughly. He is honest and upfront about what to expect and never b.s'ed us the entire time.
Describe the protocols Ernest Zeringue used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Femara-50 mg cd 3-7 HCG trigger shot HCG booster shots on 3 and 7 DPO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Salina)
The nurses in the clinic are all wonderful. The biggest issue we confronted was that Salina is not the greatest communicator and she is not very understanding. I had to get mad and demand things a few times which I hate doing.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
50$ copay each visit
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
They didn't get in contact with my insurance so I had to go back and forth multiple times in one day which was extremely frustrating. They also are not great about calling with results and prefer email as communication-I got an upsetting email about a test result that had no information and told me to refer to a genetic counselor. I was not happy about that.
Davis

He [Dr. Ernest Zeringue] is very good with communication and asking questions. Whenever this is something I don’t understand he will make sure I do before I leave his office...He always try’s new ways of treatment if the previous was unsuccessful. He is kind and makes sure you feel comfortable while going through the processes of treatment. He is very knowledgeable in his profession and makes things very easy to understand.
The clinic [California IVF] is very clean and basically brand new. The staff is very nice and always makes you feel more at home. They all know you by name and it’s comforting knowing the care enough too. All appointments are smooth and quick so you are not there too long...They [the nurses] answered all my questions when asked...He [Dr. Ernest Zeringue] always try’s new ways of treatment if the previous was unsuccessful. He is kind and makes sure you feel comfortable while going through the processes of treatment. He is very knowledgeable in his profession and makes things very easy to understand.
To make sure you ask all the questions you need answered so you are more comfortable with treatment.
He is very good with communication and asking questions. Whenever this is something I don’t understand he will make sure I do before I leave his office.
1: 2.5 mg of Letrozole and trigger 2. 5 mg of letrozole and trigger 3: 5 mg of letrozole and trigger 4: 7.5 mg of letrozole and trigger 5:all 10 2.5 mg of letrozole at once with trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Shahin)
They answered all my questions when asked.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and basically brand new. The staff is very nice and always makes you feel more at home. They all know you by name and it’s comforting knowing the care enough too. All appointments are smooth and quick so you are not there too long.
About $960 per clinic treatment And $250 for medication per treatment
2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
She's a warm and caring person. She [Dr. Lovely] does her best to make you feel comfortable. She gives you the facts and numbers even if they aren't the greatest. She never makes you feel rushed or like your feelings don't matter. I know I broke down in her office more than once and she never made me feel bad about it or like it was an inconvenience to her.... She truly listens to you and explains everything to you more than once if needed.
Everyone at the clinic [CA IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] was very nice and helpful. The waiting area could have been larger. I feel like towards the end of my treatment the clinic was trying to grow too fast. There were too many doctors and it started feel less comfortable.... The nursing staff was amazing! They did their best to make you feel comfortable and explained everything very well.... She [Dr. Lovely] truly listens to you and explains everything to you more than once if needed.
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
She's a warm and caring person. She does her best to make you feel comfortable. She gives you the facts and numbers even if they aren't the greatest. She never makes you feel rushed or like your feelings don't matter. I know I broke down in her office more than once and she never made me feel bad about it or like it was an inconvenience to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Trust her
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
She truly listens to you and explains everything to you more than once if needed. Never once did I feel like she didn't care or was in a hurry.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Everyone at the clinic was very nice and helpful. The waiting area could have been larger. I feel like towards the end of my treatment the clinic was trying to grow too fast. There were too many doctors and it started feel less comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I didn't have to pay anything beyond a copay until it came time for IVF. The IVF obviously was very expensive. At the time they did not offer the refund program they do now. I paid approximately $15,000 for my IVF and medications
Laurie Lovely

2020, Unknown Success
My first visit wasn’t as nice, as [Dr. Pravin] he was quick to point out that my husband wasn’t there due to the spur of the moment appointment and him having to work. I felt as if he explained things to me like I had no idea what he was talking about...The second visit went better, and he did well answering any questions I had, but was not forth coming with his findings unless I asked specific questions.
The few times we saw the nurses [of California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] they were very kind, and answered any questions I had...The front desk staff were very friendly. The wait time to get seen was very short (we had 3 days notice of when our first appointment would be due to a cancellation)...So far everything has been billed to insurance and covered. If we proceed with IUI or IVF we will be looking at $5,000-20,000 out of pocket per round
My first visit wasn’t as nice, as he was quick to point out that my husband wasn’t there due to the spur of the moment appointment and him having to work. I felt as if he explained things to me like I had no idea what he was talking about. He also made it sound like our only true option would be spending $20k on IVF, although he was agreeable to try TI with ovulation induction. The second visit went better, and he did well answering any questions I had, but was not forth coming with his findings unless I asked specific questions.
Pay attention when he talks, because with his heavy accent it is sometimes difficult to understand what he said.
I felt neutral. We have only seen him two times for testing and initial treatment plans. The first initial consult felt very generic, however the visit with the saline ultrasound felt more personalize to me. It is still early in the treatment process to have a good idea of how the relationship will progress during this process.
We have only done one month of birth control to reset my cycle, as my follicles were all different sizes and my lining was very thin. Our next visit will address our next step, although he did say he anticipates needing hormones to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The few times we saw the nurses they were very kind, and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The waiting room was very welcoming, not crowded. The front desk staff were very friendly. The wait time to get seen was very short (we had 3 days notice of when our first appointment would be due to a cancellation).
None, as we are not to the point of IVF at this time.
Pravin Goud
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Dr. Ernest Zeringue] was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during our consultation and during communication at follow up appts...Dr.Zeringe did my Tubal Reversal surgery in 2017 which has not been successful at achieving a pregnancy as of yet. I have had 3 MC with one being an ectopic. He has been supportive but now we are exploring other options such as IUI with meds and IVF...Make sure that you do the labs to test for hormone levels and make sure you are ovulating regularly before making up your mind in regards to IVF vs other options (IUI, TR etc).
They [staff at California IVF] are fairly good at returning phone calls and answering questions in a timely manner. I did have some issues at one time with billing the anesthesia, but after some time and communication we were able to clear that up...[the nurses are] Very friendly during my visits. They were usually very good with returning my calls and answering questions...extra charges accidentally billed to me that I had to clarify and fight that I didnt owe.
Dr.Zeringue was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during our consultation and during communication at follow up appts.
Not that I remember.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They are fairly good at returning phone calls and answering questions in a timely manner. I did have some issues at one time with billing the anesthesia, but after some time and communication we were able to clear that up.
Tubal reversal -8000-9000 (I believe). HSG 400.
Describe Ernest Zeringue's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I havent had IVF as of yet.