6.8

2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

2020, Unknown Success
It is completely evident that Dr. Zeringue has a vast amount of knowledge and passion for reproductive technology, in fact, his enthusiasm and passion is palpable when listening to him talk about the subject...refer me to Dr. Zeringue and after meeting him I know exactly why.
[California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] Strengths would be their success rates, empathy and the different IVF packages that they offer. Also, their system and strategies are not robotic, they customize each protocol according to the patient's needs.
How was your experience with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
It is completely evident that Dr. Zeringue has a vast amount of knowledge and passion for reproductive technology, in fact, his enthusiasm and passion is palpable when listening to him talk about the subject. I've had several people in my life refer me to Dr. Zeringue and after meeting him I know exactly why. What sticks out to me the most is his confidence, which soothed my nerves during such a stressful time in my life. I would most definitely reccomend him to anyone who is need of his expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
After experiencing another clinic before Dr. Zeringue's, I wish I had met him first. With that said, you won't regret putting your trust in his capable and successful practice and staff. Also, his pricing packages are AMAZING!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
It's clear that the staff, nurse coordinator especially and the doctor all truly care about my acheiving success. It shows in their interactions, confidence and kindness.
Describe the protocols Ernest Zeringue used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I am currently on day three of IVF stimulation. He has prescribed 450iu of gonal-f, 5mg of letrozole and .25mg of citrotide....So far so good. I used menoupre and 250 iu gonal-f the past two egg retrieval at a different clinic and this is Dr. Zeringue's new protocol for me. I will know if it is successful around April 29th, 2020.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
Linda has been AMAZING! She's compassionate, passionate and willing to help in any way she possibly can. Her empathy, kindness and support far surpassed my expectations and she's a huge reason why I chose this clinic.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths would be their success rates, empathy and the different IVF packages that they offer. Also, their system and strategies are not robotic, they customize each protocol according to the patient's needs. That wasn't my experience with the first clinic, which seemed very regimited no matter who you were. I haven't seen any weaknesses as of yet to report.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The doctor graciously accepted me after coming from another clinic having had two egg retrieval. He lowered my costs to a "sub cycle " which was not only exceptionally kind but obviously far surpassed my expectations of customer service and compassion. The cost for one egg retrieval, icsy, FET and PGT was $11,500. He also is extending that to me if I need to do another round.
Describe Ernest Zeringue's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The doctor is quite confident with a FSET with PGT-a testing and so am I. After research and listening to the Dr.'s reasoning, I wouldn't do a MET.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Z has a great bedside manner. He introduced himself, asked about our lives, asked what we wanted and expected, and was very educational...I’ve only seen Dr. Zeringue once, but I had a great experience during that visit. He wants to help infertile couples achieve pregnancy and actually cares about his patients...[he] suggested ICSI with IVF to promote the best sperm selection and ultimately the best outcome.
[the California IVF nurse is] so quick to respond to emails/phone calls and very compassionate when it comes to answering questions or concerns...The IVF with ICSI was looking to be approximately $18,000-$21,000. We are also looking into IUI which is approximately $1500-$2500...The only thing that comes to mind is that it would be nice if they looked into more diagnostic testing options for those who are coming from out of town. It would be nice to be able to do some of the testing in my town instead of driving so far for 10 minutes.
I’ve only seen Dr. Zeringue once, but I had a great experience during that visit. He wants to help infertile couples achieve pregnancy and actually cares about his patients. I’m currently seeing him and feel like I can trust his advice and treatment selection. It’s a very stressful process, but I feel more comfortable knowing Dr. Zeringue is in charge of my care.
Make sure to write down all questions on a piece of paper and bring it in to your first appointment. The care coordinators will help if you have questions later on or forgot to ask something.
My husband has a low count and low morphology, so Dr. Zeringue suggested ICSI with IVF to promote the best sperm selection and ultimately the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
Samantha is amazing. She’s so quick to respond to emails/phone calls and very compassionate when it comes to answering questions or concerns. She knows her stuff and it’s very comforting to know she’s handling my case.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Excellent staff and facility. I can’t really say anything negative. The only thing that comes to mind is that it would be nice if they looked into more diagnostic testing options for those who are coming from out of town. It would be nice to be able to do some of the testing in my town instead of driving so far for 10 minutes. Other than that, everything is easy and smooth.
Sacramento
[Dr. Jonathan Kort is a] a great Dr. I came to him after a sub par experience with a Dr at another clinic and the difference in treatment was like night and day. I have a very hectic work schedule and I was surprised at how accommodating he was of this. Overall very positive, calm and there for me...he has a great bedside manner, instills confidence and really cares about you and your treatment...will work with you and your needs. We did eSET because that is what made the most sense in my situation. My embryos had all been PGS tested. This was the best course of treatment and ensured a healthy baby outcome which is what everyone wants.
[Califonia IVF is] Part of a larger group but didn't feel that way. As a business woman, with an eye for these kinds of things, I sometimes thought of ways that they could have increased their income from me or increased their effeciency but it was good to see that they didn't do all of these things just because they could (that was why I left my last clinic). They have the right balance between running a good operation and also putting the needs of an individual patient going through a fairly taxing life experience first...I was seen to by about 8-10 nurses overall. This wasn't a bad thing for me and is more so a reflection of the long hours they're open, the range of treatments I had and the fact that they work as a team. I didn't have one nurse that I didn't like and they were all really nice to me.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He's a great Dr. I came to him after a sub par experience with a Dr at another clinic and the difference in treatment was like night and day. I have a very hectic work schedule and I was surprised at how accommodating he was of this. Overall very positive, calm and there for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Get over the fact that Dr Kort looks young because he has a great bedside manner, instills confidence and really cares about you and your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He was available around the clock and very responsive to any questions I had (to the point where I wondered how his work life balance was). Their app was great and gave me direct-line access whenever needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Some mornings I went straight in and other mornings it was me + 5 people ahead of me. It was possible to figure out when to go to avoid busy times but sometimes I just needed to go at peak time due to my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Don't remember but they were in the right ballpark in terms of what I expected them to be and what other clinics are.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Dr Kort will work with you and your needs. We did eSET because that is what made the most sense in my situation. My embryos had all been PGS tested. This was the best course of treatment and ensured a healthy baby outcome which is what everyone wants.
Jonathan Kort
Davis

He [Dr. Gould] said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive ... The doctor was very attentive. He explained every part of the procedure. He laid out a decent plan for us and let us know potential risks and what he would do if he was in our shoes. I am a type a person, and he let me ask all of my questions and gave us very thorough answers.
This clinic [California IVF] came highly recommended. It is in a great location, it is very inviting, and is easy to book a consultation. ... The nursing staff is knowledgeable and patient. They would re-explain what was happening if the doctor had stepped out. They never once were frustrated with a number of questions I would ask. They’re always kind and considerate of what the situation
How was your experience with John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I would bring in all lab results that you have already done with your current provider. I would also bring in a list of questions so that he could answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Goud was kind and took a long time to explain everything to us. We brought in a lot of our own lab results already and he went through each and everyone to let us know what was best for us. I am very thankful for the time that he took to explain everything to us. Our diagnosis was new and the wound was still fresh. He made us feel better and was excited that we were still young.
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould Said the two most important things to pay attention to our air quality in number of eggs. He said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive. At the end my husband and I decided to use said the two most important things to pay attention to our air quality in number of eggs. He said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive. At the end my husband and I decided to use PGS and choose the sex of the baby. However, there was no pressure either way. He did suggest to do to retrievals if we were thinking of doing gender selection. We have not finished the retrievals yet, but I am scheduled to do them in the next three weeks.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
This clinic came highly recommended. It is in a great location, it is very inviting, and is easy to book a consultation. They have a very high success rate and they have one of the best embryologists in the state
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Our treatment plan was to egg retrieval’s, PGS, and one transfer. The total for that is $26,000. My medication was $6000. So total hour procedure is 32,000.
Describe John Gould's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Our doctor definitely urged us to consider single embryo transfer. He said a lot of couples choose multiple transfer, but he said to remember the risks of carrying twins. He also reminded us that another transfer in the future would be $4000 ( Plus the cost of medication).
John Gould
Sacramento

He [Dr. Goud] is very calming and friendly but doesn't talk alot. I do not like that he doesn't call himself with bad news or any news has his staff. He was at all my appointment and never waited long. Appointment were very fast but still thorough etc ... For egg retrieval I started with birth control then did injections of gonal f , cetrotide, and with lupron trigger also had a pill I took forget the name... For frozen embryo transfer I did 23 days of lupron injections then estrodial patches 2 every other day and progesterone suppositories 3 a day
I personally love this clinic [California IVF Fertility Center] there organized and quick. I never wait long for appointments and easy to schedule appointments when needed. They always answer there phone and return calls promptly. They are professional and friendly ... Was very fast and seemed to do generic order of tests and appointment the Dr never calls with the news always has his nurse do it
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He is very calming and friendly but doesn't talk alot. I do not like that he doesn't call himself with bad news or any news has his staff. He was at all my appointment and never waited long. Appointment were very fast but still thorough etc
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions as he doesn't always explain all the steps
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Was very fast and seemed to do generic order of tests and appointment the Dr never calls with the news always has his nurse do it... Otherwise they are very friendly and the staff is quick to respond
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For egg retrieval I started with birth control then did injections of gonal f , cetrotide, and with lupron trigger also had a pill I took forget the name... For frozen embryo transfer I did 23 days of lupron injections then estrodial patches 2 every other day and progesterone suppositories 3 a day... Getting ready to start second transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey whitaker)
They are absolutely amazing!!! They always respond on the same day and always get all the information I request. There polite and always smiling.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I personally love this clinic there organized and quick. I never wait long for appointments and easy to schedule appointments when needed. They always answer there phone and return calls promptly. They are professional and friendly
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Was $9500 for egg retrieval and embryo freezing and monitoring included a fresh transfer which they no longer do there so was charged a additional $2900 before frozen transfer also paid $1500 for icsi also $250 per consultation
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
He allowed to be my decision ... Which I like because I want to transfer two embryos each time
Sacramento

I've asked him [Dr. Zeringue] questions and he's always been able to answer them. He has been straight forward with me about the reason for my infertility and the best treatment options. He's never pressured me into pursuing other costly treatment options such as IVF simply because he determined we did not need to go that route. I was the one that chose to go forward with the route that we are currently on and he made sure to confirm that's what we wanted. During one of my scans, we did have a scare that there was a uterine fibroid and he went ahead and scheduled a surgery.
They [California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] allow children at this facility which may also be a trigger for some. The front office staff aren't as friendly but they are there and they do their job...All of the nursing staff that I have met at this office are great. I am able to reach them by phone or email and they have always gotten back to me in a timely manner when I left messages...The strengths of this clinic is that I have been there to hear the cheers and congratulations of others' success while waiting in the lobby or a room. It shows that this clinic is pretty successful in helping people get pregnant. There is also a downside to being able to hear because it can affect other patients that are trying and failing.
Dr. Zeringue is a very straight forward person. He explained exactly what to expect during my IUIs and the realistic chances of conception. He does speak a bit low so it can be hard to hear him at times during the appointments. I've asked him questions and he's always been able to answer them. He has been straight forward with me about the reason for my infertility and the best treatment options. He's never pressured me into pursuing other costly treatment options such as IVF simply because he determined we did not need to go that route. I was the one that chose to go forward with the route that we are currently on and he made sure to confirm that's what we wanted. During one of my scans, we did have a scare that there was a uterine fibroid and he went ahead and scheduled a surgery. A day before the surgery, he decided to do another scan just to make sure and everything was all clear so the surgery was cancelled. We went ahead with our first IUI that cycle. If he had not decided at the last min to do a scan, we would've went into surgery only to come out with nothing but wasted time, money and pain.
Ask a lot of questions because he is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain.
Dr. Zeringue is a great doctor who is upfront and honest with me about everything that is going on. He is always able to answer my questions and can recall data or studies in relation to my questions. I like that he doesn't try to give me any false hope on immediate success during any process/procedures but at the same time not making me feel like my time and effort are a waste.
The first thing Dr. Zeringue did was increase my Metformin dosage and get me started on birth control pills while we were getting all the necessary fertility testing done. He knew of my unsuccessful history with Clomid and told me Femera has been proven to be more successful with PCOS patients for infertility treatment. All of our testing came back and he was able to determine that everything was fine but the only issue was I was not ovulating. He told us that we did not need to pursue IVF because everything is fine and we would work on getting me to ovulate. He suggested medicated IUI with Letrozole and trigger injections. I am currently on my third cycle with Dr. Zeringue with the same plan.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that I have been there to hear the cheers and congratulations of others' success while waiting in the lobby or a room. It shows that this clinic is pretty successful in helping people get pregnant. There is also a downside to being able to hear because it can affect other patients that are trying and failing. They do also allow children at this facility which may also be a trigger for some. The front office staff aren't as friendly but they are there and they do their job.
So far I have paid $80 out of pocket for what my insurance has not covered. All medications were through my own pharmacy and my trigger Injections were paid out of pocket through a contracted pharmacy.
Sacramento

He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there....Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
The clinic [CA IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] is very clean and warm feeling.... The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.... The nurses were kind and welcoming on the first day. However, when we had to go back to pick up our kits for Counsyl genetic testing, they were very unorganized. It seemed as if they didn't know why we were there and they couldn't find the kits to give us. We had to wait awhile to receive the correct kits.
So far, there is nothing that I can say wrong about Dr. Pravin Goud. We are having a great experience with our first fertility doctor. He is doing what he can to ensure that we get our rainbow baby. He was truthful and honest, but also warm and sincere.
Ask every question you can think of. Write them down before you go. He will answer them all as he is very knowledgeable.
He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there. He gave us information that my regular OB doctor had never told us.
We do not have any results yet but Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and warm feeling. The website is SUPER helpful and answers almost any question you can possibly have. The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.
He talked to us about the egg freezing, IVF itself, and the medications involved. The cost was upwards of $25,000. Since our main problem is Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, we are candidates of IVF with PGS which is even more costly.
We have not gotten to this step yet.

IUI With Other Docs
At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. ... He [Dr. Goud] apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. ... It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. ... When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me.
I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they [CA IVF] would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed. ... I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. ... I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. But he did seem confident that I could get pregnant. After a few setbacks it was discovered I needed surgery. He apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. That he acknowledged what I was feeling. When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me. I felt like I had control of my care in that aspect. I always felt comfortable and taken care of while under his care.
Ask questions whenever you feel like something hasn’t been fully explained.
He always remembered me when he came in the room. Remembered the surgery he had performed for me. But after having a chemical pregnancy he did not remember that it had happened and he didn’t remember how many IUI’s had been done. But, overall I did feel like he was doing treatments that were right for my body and situation.
It was discovered I needed to surgery as I had multiple polyps in my uterus. Dr. Goud successfully performed that procedure for me. I think had a saline ultrasound which showed a clean uterus and open tubes. It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. My baseline follicle count was always below 5. I was upfront with our decision to not pursue IVF at that time. Dr. Goud never pushed that on us and was willing to try IUI cycles. Our first cycle was with letrozole cycle days 5-9. A trigger shot of pregnyl cycle day 13. We did IUI cycle day 15. A booster shot of pregnyl cycle day 16 and 19. That cycle was not successful. We immediately started a second cycle. This time with letrozole all on cycle day 3 and follistim injectable. We added the injectable with the hope of getting more follicles. Adding follistim got me 3 follicles instead of just one. This time we did IUI in cycle day 12. Again with pregnyl trigger and booster shots. This IUI cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our third and final IUI was just like our second. Since those medications had worked we tried it again. This cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
My regular nurse Rachel was wonderful. Very compassionate, kind, understanding. I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. But if I needed to call in for a question she was who I spoke to. I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I was able to get my initial appointment very quickly. I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed.
For an IUI we paid for a cycle day 3 ultrasound ($300), an appointment to check follicle growth and to be given trigger instructions (about $265) and the insemination and sperm wash ($290). Letrozole cost $12 at Costco, Pregnyl was almost $100 through the pharmacy the clinic uses, and Follistim was almost $600. There are discounts available for my husband being a veteran they we used for our last cycle. Other appointments were covered by our insurance.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
When ordering IUI medications my nurse was wonderful in feeling ya the cheapest place to fill the letrozole. But my injectables and trigger shot were not send the the pharmacy in a timely manner and I had to call and ask for it to be faxed again.

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Z [Zeringue] is very knowledgeable about his field! He was wonderful about explaining exactly what we needed to do, straightforward about any risks, but also personable. He made himself available for any questions or concerns we had. I would recommend Dr. Z to anyone!... He would always make sure I was comfortable and good to go before we proceeded with anything. And the nursing staff and patients advocate are exceptional. When we went back for the second transfer 3 years later, I really felt like they were all so excited for us and loved meeting our daughter. We had a great experience there!
I really can’t think of any negatives at this point. We had a truly great experience there. The clinic [California IVF] is knowledgeable and i feel they stay on top of the new medical advancements in fertility treatments. They also offer military discount which was a HUGE help for us!... They [nurses] were excellent! They are very knowledgeable but also you could tell they were truly compassionate for their patients and passionate about their job! We had Janet as a nurse first and then care coordinator half way through our first treatment.
Dr. Z is very knowledgeable about his field! He was wonderful about explaining exactly what we needed to do, straightforward about any risks, but also personable. He made himself available for any questions or concerns we had. I would recommend Dr. Z to anyone!
Go! He gave us our daughter and had sense protected his practice even more. I highly recommend him!
I felt like Dr. Z was good about being available to answer questions. He would always make sure I was comfortable and good to go before we proceeded with anything. And the nursing staff and patients advocate are exceptional. When we went back for the second transfer 3 years later, I really felt like they were all so excited for us and loved meeting our daughter. We had a great experience there!
I really don’t remember the exact procedures. I know I took follistem. Had an egg retrieval, Isco performed and transfer on day 5 or 7 I believe. We transferred 2 and froze the other 4. The transfer didn’t take so 2 months later we transferred 2 more and we got pregnant with our daughter. 3 years later we went back and transferred the final 2 embryos. The quality of these embryos was not rated very well and they did not take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
They were excellent! They are very knowledgeable but also you could tell they were truly compassionate for their patients and passionate about their job! We had Janet as a nurse first and then care coordinator half way through our first treatment. Holly our first care coordinator (who was also amazing) went on maternity leave so Janet took over our case. Then we also had her our second time around 3 years later. She was wonderful! The other staff at the facility is great too. I don’t remember any of the other names, but they were all very caring.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I really can’t think of any negatives at this point. We had a truly great experience there. The clinic is knowledgeable and i feel they stay on top of the new medical advancements in fertility treatments. They also offer military discount which was a HUGE help for us!
The egg retrieval and first transfer were $12,500 for military in 2013/2014. Each transfer after that was $2,500 with military discount
He gave us the otption to choose 1 or 2 embryos. We chose to have 2 transferred each of the 3 times just because we really didn’t mind the risk of twins. But I felt like he really told us the risks of multiples from transferring 2.

2014 - 2018, Successful
[Dr. Ernest Zeringue] is very kind and seems to be highly intelligent with deep understanding of his field of work. For instance, he knows a lot about diet related to fertility not just the medications/treatments. He is honest about chances of success but open to trying a lot if you are...In speaking with Zerengue he had excellent bed side manners
Beautiful facility [Califorina IVF: Davis Fertility Center] with kind/effective staff generally speaking. I do have concern about the quality of the embryologists involved in my treatments so far because I had the unfortunate experience of one if my embryos getting stuck in the cryotube it was frozen in and on the day of my transfer they were unable to retrieve it for a transfer without destroying it.
Dr zerengue is very kind and seems to be highly intelligent with deep understanding of his field of work. For instance, he knows a lot about diet related to fertility not just the medications/treatments. He is honest about chances of success but open to trying a lot if you are.
This is true for any fertility doctor, you gotta just get back on that horse and keep trying.
In speaking with Zerengue he had excellent bed side manners but no matter what, in medical facilities I feel like a number because the visits don't always include face time with doctors and you just know you are one of their many patients
I don't recall treatment strategy for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda Goldsworth)
Linda was always kind and on top of it so to speak
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Beautiful facility with kind/effective staff generally speaking. I do have concern about the quality of the embryologists involved in my treatments so far because I had the unfortunate experience of one if my embryos getting stuck in the cryotube it was frozen in and on the day of my transfer they were unable to retrieve it for a transfer without destroying it. I only had 2 embryos to work with from that cycle. I was only reimbursed about $1000 for the entire cycle because of the mistake.
Including medication about $30,000 for one ivf cycle and $10,000 to freeze eggs only.
I don't know much about this because I elected for single transfer when I did the one transfer I had
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I already explained the tragedy of one of my 2 available embryos getting stuck in the cryotube and they were unable to retrieve it on day of my transfer without destroying it.
Sacramento

I went through two IUI cycles with Dr. Zeringue. He had me on Leuprolide and then started me on 300 IU of Menopur a day when I started taking both shots on the same day. He had me come in for multiple ultrasounds to monitor how well my follicles were responding. The first cycle I did with Dr. Zeringue gave me two viable eggs with no pregnancy result. The second cycle I did with Dr. Zeringue gave me three viable eggs (the most eggs I have had while doing IUI) with no pregnancy result. Dr. Zeringue thought that doing one more IUI cycle would theoretically give me even more eggs with a higher chance of pregnancy but my insurance would not cover the last cycle.
I was lucky enough to have the same coordinator throughout my three IUI cycles at California IVF Davis. I had two different doctors (Lovely and Zeringue) but was so thankful I was able to have Samantha as my coordinator throughout. She has amazing bedside manner and I never felt judged if I started to cry in front of her. When she showed me how to use the shots for the first time she was very patient and answered any question I had.
I felt that Dr. Zeringue would explain the entire procedure and we would leave knowing exactly what was going to happen. However, his bedside manner was not as compassionate as Dr. Lovely's was. He is a very smart doctor and I did produce more eggs with his treatment than with Dr. Lovely's.
Ask any question you can think of and Dr. Zeringue will be able to answer it.
I felt that Dr. Zeringue would answer all questions I had and was very informative. However, his bedside manner was neutral but not the best either.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Shahin)
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The only weakness that this clinic has is the long wait times. A strength they gained recently was moving locations into the Natomas area. Their former Davis waiting room area was very small and cramped when multiple people were waiting for their appointments. The new location is much more spacious for patients and staff.
Each of my cycles varied on cost since I had leftover medication from my first cycle with Dr. Zeringue that I was able to use on my second cycle. The first cycle was roughly $3,500 and the second cycle was roughly $2,500.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
One of my medications was not called in but since they use an overnight pharmacy I was able to get my medications in time.
Davis

As the owner of the clinic, Dr. Zeringue took us on as his own patients and ensured that everything was done to have the best results the second time....He clearly an expert in the field. He is able to communicate his knowledge in a way that makes sense as a patient...Each IVF process had many challenges and trials, but we are overall very happy with how he helped us...he did increase my amount of medication slightly. I don't recall the specific medications.
It is an organized and professional clinic [CA IVF]. The only weakness I would give is insurance coordination. I've been dealing with having my treatments covered for the last year. The insurance company blames and the clinic, and the clinic blames the insurance company....We loved working with Linda. She was in constant communication with us, and always made us feel that we could ask any questions along the way. She is also very compassionate and truly cares about her patients.
He clearly an expert in the field. He is able to communicate his knowledge in a way that makes sense as a patient. We had our first child under his care in 2016 and we are due in April of 2018 with our second. Each IVF process had many challenges and trials, but we are overall very happy with how he helped us.
As with any doctor, go into the process knowing that there will be challenges. My wife and I are confident that we were in the best care with Dr. Zeringue.
He and his nurse took a real interest in our situation. We originally saw Dr. Lovely at the same clinic. We did not get the results we wanted after we had a failed cycle with no embryos. As the owner of the clinic, Dr. Zeringue took us on as his own patients and ensured that everything was done to have the best results the second time.
We did reciprocal IVF. I went through the egg retrieval and my wife carried the embryos. After our failed cycle, and were transferred to Dr. Zeringue, he did increase my amount of medication slightly. I don't recall the specific medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda Goldsworth )
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We loved working with the doctor and nurse. It is an organized and professional clinic. The only weakness I would give is insurance coordination. I've been dealing with having my treatments covered for the last year. The insurance company blames and the clinic, and the clinic blames the insurance company.
Our first two cycles were about $25,000 for the first child. Our embryo transfer was about $5,000.
Because of their increase in success rates, the doctor was very confident in recommending a single embryo transfer.

2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Zeringue] spends time with his patients, which means he's often running way behind schedule. I've never felt pressured to do any treatment or that he wouldn't keep me as a patient regardless of my test results. He encouraged us to keep our expectations realistic without bringing us down, and he adjusted treatments or fertilization techniques for subsequent cycles when we were unsuccessful...Dr Zerengue has always made sure I understood what's going on with my test results and cycles.
The office [California IVF] is a little small and they can't handle as many patients as they have. Although I've been unhappy with the nurses, the rest of the staff and doctors are great... I regularly have to wait 30+ minutes before being seen. They often book multiple patients for the same time slot, then I think they're seen according to who arrived first...Their billing person has made several mistakes billing insurance and us for the second two cycles and FETs, and we are still sorting through it more than a year after treatments.
Dr Zerengue has always made sure I understood what's going on with my test results and cycles. He spends time with his patients, which means he's often running way behind schedule. I've never felt pressured to do any treatment or that he wouldn't keep me as a patient regardless of my test results. He encouraged us to keep our expectations realistic without bringing us down, and he adjusted treatments or fertilization techniques for subsequent cycles when we were unsuccessful.
Ask lots of questions and let him know if you don't understand something. He'll be more than happy to explain it until you do understand.
I really like Dr Zerengue and he made me feel human. The nurse coordinators at the clinic were sometimes hard to communicate with and I just felt like a number to them. Especially having done both cash payment cycles and insurance cycles.
For all 4 of my ivf cycles, I've been on the long lupron protocol. I don't think he changes it up much. FSH meds are determined by follicle count and AMH levels. There's no monitoring until day 9, then only ultrasound, no bloodwork. We did switch to an early ICSI fertilization for the last cycle, which greatly improved my egg fertilization.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
I've had 3 nurse coordinators for 4 cycles at this clinic. So staff turns over regularly. This latest nurse has ok communication with calls usually not being returned until end of the day, regardless of urgency. I know she has other patients, but I don't feel that she appreciates what I'm going through and why I'm there...I'm just another patient to her. She is very knowledgeable though and easily answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The Davis location is great for me. Although I regularly have to wait 30+ minutes before being seen. They often book multiple patients for the same time slot, then I think they're seen according to who arrived first. (So showing up 10 min early for your appointment might be worth it.) The office is a little small and they can't handle as many patients as they have. Although I've been unhappy with the nurses, the rest of the staff and doctors are great.
We paid out of pocket for the first two fresh cycles, plus unlimited FET of the embryos produced in those cycles. $16000+ meds (online pharmacy, about $4-5000/cycle). There were some issues with the nurses not knowing the insurance mail pharmacy, but I didn't quite understand it either. Their billing person has made several mistakes billing insurance and us for the second two cycles and FETs, and we are still sorting through it more than a year after treatments.
We were always given the option of transferring one or two embryos with no preference or bias given by Dr. Zerengue or his staff. If we asked for guidance, we were only given scientific evidence.
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt that Dr. Lovely really treated you like a person and not just another patient coming through the door. She helped us with any questions we had along the way. We were honestly sad when she left California IVF Davis.... We did one IUI cycle with Dr. Lovely. I have low egg reserves for my age and Dr. Lovely felt that an IUI cycle would have the same success rate as an IVF cycle for me since my hormone levels were already high and I still was not producing many eggs. I used Leuprolide and Menopur during my cycle with a trigger shot before insemination. I produced two viable eggs with no pregnancy as the result.
The only negative thing I would say about this clinic [CA IVF- Davis] is that the wait times can get a bit long. I have waited as long as 30 to 45 minutes for my appointment and once getting into the exam room been out in 10 minutes. Their strengths however, are their nurse coordinator and front desk staff. They always remember your name and it makes it feel like you aren't just a number.
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
It is okay to cry in front of Dr. Lovely as she does not judge you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Lovely's bedside manner was amazing. She was very caring and it honestly felt like she cared on how you were doing during the cycle. She answered all questions we had and tried to reassure us every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Samantha made getting my prescriptions, appointments, and understanding how to use the prescriptions so much easier. She always made sure to check in with me on each phone call to ask how I was doing which shows a lot of compassion. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better coordinator.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The only negative thing I would say about this clinic is that the wait times can get a bit long. I have waited as long as 30 to 45 minutes for my appointment and once getting into the exam room been out in 10 minutes. Their strengths however, are their nurse coordinator and front desk staff. They always remember your name and it makes it feel like you aren't just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
My cost for my IUI cycle with Dr. Lovely was roughly $4,000 due to the amount of each medication I needed. Luckily, my insurance covered a portion of it and another large portion was covered by my FLEX spend insurance account.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
One time they did forget to call in my prescriptions. However, they use an overnight pharmacy so my prescriptions still arrived in time to start my cycle.
Laurie Lovely

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Goud noticed an endometrial cyst and did not discuss it with me at first. This was my only real complaint with him. ... I felt like Dr. Goud was very responsive to my concerns. He tailored my testing to address my concerns and tailored my cycle to address the failed cycles. ... I felt as though Dr. Goud came with a fair amount of knowledge and experience ...
I was impressed with this clinic [California IVF] in that the nurses were responsive and knowledgeable, but all of the treatments were either with my doctor or the doctor on call. ... I liked that they have a partnership with UC Davis, and went so far as to send me to a MFM doctor at UC Davis prior to beginning IUI. ... One thing I didn't like was that when I asked to leave a message for my nurse, the front office would take a message, rather than sending me to her voicemail.
I felt as though Dr. Goud came with a fair amount of knowledge and experience. He and the other doctor I saw in the clinic were able to back up everything with the latest research and statistics. It was important to me to have a doctor that not only was forwarding his own knowledge, but had a learning and research based practice, and I felt comfortable with Dr. Goud due to this as he was published in his own research and was curious about making sure he had all the information and testing needed to address my issues.
Be open and honest about your concerns, don't be afraid to speak up, because he is open and willing to address these. Don't be afraid to question why they do what they do. I was so confused at first as to why they did things so differently from my previous clinic. An IUI is an IUI is an IUI, right? But both Dr. Goud and Dr. Zeringue (who completed one of my IUIs) were open to this, and backed it all up with research. They never seemed offended or too proud or conceited to answer my questions.
It may have been because I came in guns a'blazin' after my rough experience with my previous doctor, but I felt like Dr. Goud was very responsive to my concerns. He tailored my testing to address my concerns and tailored my cycle to address the failed cycles. They actually refused to start treatment when they were waiting to get results back from some nutritional tests. He listened when I said I'd rather get more testing done on the front end rather than push through and try treatments blindly.
We completed 3 IUIs with letrozole. Dr. Goud wanted to change the medications as I had not had successful cycles with clomid. I believe they may have also tried different sperm washes as well. None of our IUI's resulted in a pregnancy and he recommended we move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I don't recall her name)
First I will say after my last experience with a previous clinic in which almost all of my treatments and communication was with the nursing staff or nurse practitioner, I was impressed with this clinic in that the nurses were responsive and knowledgeable, but all of the treatments were either with my doctor or the doctor on call. This clinic only had one more doctor on staff (3) than my previous one (2). My IUI nurse gave me a one-on-one injection class to show how I was to mix, dose, and inject the HCG trigger and my shots after the IUI. One thing I didn't like was that when I asked to leave a message for my nurse, the front office would take a message, rather than sending me to her voicemail. I was always nervous about this, that my message would be jumbled or lost, but was not my experience. My messages were always returned, and not jumbled to my knowledge.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
When I went there, they were between their Sacramento clinic and the Davis clinic. It was a little confusing as I always had to clarify which clinic I was going to and the one in Davis was very small, which made the busy days very awkward, with lots of couples crammed in there, trying not to make eye contact. There was one day we were there for a treatment and the nurses and staff all lined up to applaud and congratulate a couple who was leaving that had gotten pregnant. It was sweet to see what a big deal they made it and the couple left in (happy) tears. They are now settled in another Sacramento clinic and no longer using the others, so the confusion I mentioned before should not be an issue any longer. I liked that they have a partnership with UC Davis, and went so far as to send me to a MFM doctor at UC Davis prior to beginning IUI. Also, when I called to make an appointment for my first IUI, they checked my chart and then told me I couldn't start until the tests the MFM doctor had requested were performed. They apologized profusely, explaining that if I started and the results came back with concern, the cycle would be canceled and they didn't want to risk that. Having come from a clinic that I felt was just herding us through and not doing their due diligence, I couldn't be upset with this and was thankful that they were so thorough.
All my visits and testing were covered under my insurance. We paid out of pocket for the IUI's, which were less than $1000 per cycle. We also had to purchase a $100 trigger shot that was used at each cycle.
This was not discussed with him as we never completed an IVF cycle with this clinic.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Nothing specific or as serious as what I had marked, but I did want to note that during my second IUI, Dr Goud noticed an endometrial cyst and did not discuss it with me at first. This was my only real complaint with him. At first, he said he was just checking on things and tried to make it sound light, but I knew that wasn't true as he had not spent that much time on my ultrasounds or taken pictures of the ultrasounds and color contrasts of the images before. He had noted it in my chart though, so at my next visit, when Dr. Zeringue did the IUI, he mentioned that "with the endometriosis, it may take a little longer." When I questioned him and stated that I didn't have endometriosis, he was the one to tell me that I had an endometrial cyst and while that wasn't a diagnosis, they were just going to operate under the assumption that I had endometriosis.
2015, Successful
Dr. Zeringue has a unique personality. He tells you what you want to know and will answer any questions you have along the way. You can tell he cares about his clinic and patients. He is easy to get a hold of when you need him. He cares about his nurses which we enjoyed because we became very close to our nurse. He listened to what she had to say. They worked together as a team...He was personal with us. I also felt safe knowing I was with the doctor who started the clinic...
The clinic [CA IVF] is great! It's clean, the staff is friendly, and everything is organized...Our nurse, Linda, was AMAZING. We worked closely with her through both of our IVF cycles. She responded to all our emails and phone calls. She was there to comfort us when we needed it...IVF is expensive no matter what clinic you go to. They had payment plans if needed. I remember there was one huge payment around $10,000 dollars but all the other payments were smaller (between hundreds and a few thousand).
Don't be afraid to ask any questions because he will happily answer.
It's hard to tell who decided what. Dr. Zeringue oversaw our two cycles. After our first failed cycle, the team at the clinic worked together to come up with a plan. One of my medications was increased to produce more eggs, the doctor who worked in the lab did ICSI on half of my retrieved eggs the day of retrieval to ensure fertilization, and assisted hatching was done when the two embryos were implanted to ensure latching. No one ever said whose plan this was (no one was trying to credit for each part of the plan) and everyone worked together as a team at the clinic. The plan worked and we had a healthy baby after our second IVF cycle.
Our nurse, Linda, was AMAZING. We worked closely with her through both of our IVF cycles. She responded to all our emails and phone calls. She was there to comfort us when we needed it. There was a moment where even cried on each other. The compassion she showed towards us created the bond we still have today. We keep in touch even after the birth of our child.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is great! It's clean, the staff is friendly, and everything is organized.
IVF is expensive no matter what clinic you go to. They had payment plans if needed. I remember there was one huge payment around $10,000 dollars but all the other payments were smaller (between hundreds and a few thousand). I can't remember the exact cost of one IVF cycle but I believe it's between $15-20,000.
Our doctor was supportive of a single embryo transfer or a two embryo transfer. We also had no children yet.
Davis

We saw doctor Lovely for the first couple of appointments. We made us feel that we should have no worries at all and lead us to believe that the process would be simple. We ended up with zero embryos with no explanation. We were ever able to actually speak to Dr. Lovely...She was a good communicator was and open to answering any questions. We saw her for very few appointments, however. We mostly worked with her nurse.
The clinic [CA IVF] has since moved to their Sacramento location. Both clinic locations are very organized with great staff. We were very impressed with the communication from the nursing staff and their willingness to help...Linda is the reason we continued our IVF journey. We wanted to give up on reciprocal IVF after our failed cycle. Linda grew to understand what was important to us in creating a family, and because of her we have the family of our dreams.
We saw doctor Lovely for the first couple of appointments. We made us feel that we should have no worries at all and lead us to believe that the process would be simple. We ended up with zero embryos with no explanation. We were ever able to actually speak to Dr. Lovely. The owner of the clinic took over our case, for which we were grateful.
She is not a doctor that we were visit again. We could have just had a negative experience because of our situation. She may be a great doctor, but didn't have great results with our case.
We did reciprocal IVF where I did the egg retrieval, and my wife carried the embryos.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic has since moved to their Sacramento location. Both clinic locations are very organized with great staff. We were very impressed with the communication from the nursing staff and their willingness to help.
About $25,000 for egg retrieval and implantation
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We didn't get far along enough in the process to discuss embryo transfer.
Laurie Lovely

2008 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Zeringue was honest, blunt, confident, and caring. He was also a great counselor in the decision-making process of the sperm donor. He belongs doing what he is doing, as if he was meant for this line of work....They (Dr. Z and his staff) made me feel like they cared about my situation and wanted me to achieve becoming a mother. You could tell they cared about the quality of their work and their patients. They were more concerned with each patients outcome rather than the clinic making money...
They [CA IVF: Davis Fertility Center] made me feel like they cared about my situation and wanted me to achieve becoming a mother. You could tell they cared about the quality of their work and their patients. They were more concerned with each patients outcome rather than the clinic making money...[Nurses are] Warm, caring, accommodating, and helpful....Dr. Zeringue was honest, blunt, confident, and caring. He was also a great counselor in the decision-making process of the sperm donor.
To feel confident that he knows what he is doing and can help you achieve parenthood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: his wife )
Warm, caring, accommodating, and helpful.

2020, Unknown Success
We are in the beginning stages of starting our IVF plan, but Dr. Goud has been very kind and helpful in helping us devise the best plan moving forward. He and his team have been very communicative and making sure we understand next steps...we were really pleased with the amount of time they spent with us answering questions and their bed side manner.
I've communicated several times over phone and email and they've [California IVF : DFC] always been very responsive and made sure I felt comfortable with the amount of information given...All of the staff at the clinic have been very warm and welcoming. We've had a great experience in getting appointments, follow up calls and information. This process can be very overwhelming and there's a lot of information coming at you at once, I'd recommend being persistent in asking questions and seeking follow up if needed.
We were greeted and brought back to the room in a very kind manner. During both consultation with Dr. Gross and the diagnostic work with Dr. Goud, we were really pleased with the amount of time they spent with us answering questions and their bed side manner.
We are still in the beginning stages of starting treatment. We have had blood work and a saline ultrasound conducted by Dr. Goud.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Raj)
The nursing staff has been top notch. I've communicated several times over phone and email and they've always been very responsive and made sure I felt comfortable with the amount of information given. When beginning the treatment plan she even said over phone "we're in the together" which I found very comforting knowing there's a team in place to help guide me.
Estimate $30,000 including treatment for 2 cycles and medication