6.8

2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Z has a great bedside manner. He introduced himself, asked about our lives, asked what we wanted and expected, and was very educational...I’ve only seen Dr. Zeringue once, but I had a great experience during that visit. He wants to help infertile couples achieve pregnancy and actually cares about his patients...[he] suggested ICSI with IVF to promote the best sperm selection and ultimately the best outcome.
[the California IVF nurse is] so quick to respond to emails/phone calls and very compassionate when it comes to answering questions or concerns...The IVF with ICSI was looking to be approximately $18,000-$21,000. We are also looking into IUI which is approximately $1500-$2500...The only thing that comes to mind is that it would be nice if they looked into more diagnostic testing options for those who are coming from out of town. It would be nice to be able to do some of the testing in my town instead of driving so far for 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I’ve only seen Dr. Zeringue once, but I had a great experience during that visit. He wants to help infertile couples achieve pregnancy and actually cares about his patients. I’m currently seeing him and feel like I can trust his advice and treatment selection. It’s a very stressful process, but I feel more comfortable knowing Dr. Zeringue is in charge of my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Make sure to write down all questions on a piece of paper and bring it in to your first appointment. The care coordinators will help if you have questions later on or forgot to ask something.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Ernest Zeringue used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My husband has a low count and low morphology, so Dr. Zeringue suggested ICSI with IVF to promote the best sperm selection and ultimately the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
Samantha is amazing. She’s so quick to respond to emails/phone calls and very compassionate when it comes to answering questions or concerns. She knows her stuff and it’s very comforting to know she’s handling my case.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Excellent staff and facility. I can’t really say anything negative. The only thing that comes to mind is that it would be nice if they looked into more diagnostic testing options for those who are coming from out of town. It would be nice to be able to do some of the testing in my town instead of driving so far for 10 minutes. Other than that, everything is easy and smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ernest Zeringue at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.

2020, Unknown Success
It is completely evident that Dr. Zeringue has a vast amount of knowledge and passion for reproductive technology, in fact, his enthusiasm and passion is palpable when listening to him talk about the subject...refer me to Dr. Zeringue and after meeting him I know exactly why.
[California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] Strengths would be their success rates, empathy and the different IVF packages that they offer. Also, their system and strategies are not robotic, they customize each protocol according to the patient's needs.
It is completely evident that Dr. Zeringue has a vast amount of knowledge and passion for reproductive technology, in fact, his enthusiasm and passion is palpable when listening to him talk about the subject. I've had several people in my life refer me to Dr. Zeringue and after meeting him I know exactly why. What sticks out to me the most is his confidence, which soothed my nerves during such a stressful time in my life. I would most definitely reccomend him to anyone who is need of his expertise.
After experiencing another clinic before Dr. Zeringue's, I wish I had met him first. With that said, you won't regret putting your trust in his capable and successful practice and staff. Also, his pricing packages are AMAZING!
It's clear that the staff, nurse coordinator especially and the doctor all truly care about my acheiving success. It shows in their interactions, confidence and kindness.
I am currently on day three of IVF stimulation. He has prescribed 450iu of gonal-f, 5mg of letrozole and .25mg of citrotide....So far so good. I used menoupre and 250 iu gonal-f the past two egg retrieval at a different clinic and this is Dr. Zeringue's new protocol for me. I will know if it is successful around April 29th, 2020.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
Linda has been AMAZING! She's compassionate, passionate and willing to help in any way she possibly can. Her empathy, kindness and support far surpassed my expectations and she's a huge reason why I chose this clinic.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths would be their success rates, empathy and the different IVF packages that they offer. Also, their system and strategies are not robotic, they customize each protocol according to the patient's needs. That wasn't my experience with the first clinic, which seemed very regimited no matter who you were. I haven't seen any weaknesses as of yet to report.
The doctor graciously accepted me after coming from another clinic having had two egg retrieval. He lowered my costs to a "sub cycle " which was not only exceptionally kind but obviously far surpassed my expectations of customer service and compassion. The cost for one egg retrieval, icsy, FET and PGT was $11,500. He also is extending that to me if I need to do another round.
Describe Ernest Zeringue's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The doctor is quite confident with a FSET with PGT-a testing and so am I. After research and listening to the Dr.'s reasoning, I wouldn't do a MET.
Sacramento
[Dr. Jonathan Kort is a] a great Dr. I came to him after a sub par experience with a Dr at another clinic and the difference in treatment was like night and day. I have a very hectic work schedule and I was surprised at how accommodating he was of this. Overall very positive, calm and there for me...he has a great bedside manner, instills confidence and really cares about you and your treatment...will work with you and your needs. We did eSET because that is what made the most sense in my situation. My embryos had all been PGS tested. This was the best course of treatment and ensured a healthy baby outcome which is what everyone wants.
[Califonia IVF is] Part of a larger group but didn't feel that way. As a business woman, with an eye for these kinds of things, I sometimes thought of ways that they could have increased their income from me or increased their effeciency but it was good to see that they didn't do all of these things just because they could (that was why I left my last clinic). They have the right balance between running a good operation and also putting the needs of an individual patient going through a fairly taxing life experience first...I was seen to by about 8-10 nurses overall. This wasn't a bad thing for me and is more so a reflection of the long hours they're open, the range of treatments I had and the fact that they work as a team. I didn't have one nurse that I didn't like and they were all really nice to me.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He's a great Dr. I came to him after a sub par experience with a Dr at another clinic and the difference in treatment was like night and day. I have a very hectic work schedule and I was surprised at how accommodating he was of this. Overall very positive, calm and there for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Get over the fact that Dr Kort looks young because he has a great bedside manner, instills confidence and really cares about you and your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He was available around the clock and very responsive to any questions I had (to the point where I wondered how his work life balance was). Their app was great and gave me direct-line access whenever needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Some mornings I went straight in and other mornings it was me + 5 people ahead of me. It was possible to figure out when to go to avoid busy times but sometimes I just needed to go at peak time due to my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Don't remember but they were in the right ballpark in terms of what I expected them to be and what other clinics are.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Dr Kort will work with you and your needs. We did eSET because that is what made the most sense in my situation. My embryos had all been PGS tested. This was the best course of treatment and ensured a healthy baby outcome which is what everyone wants.
Jonathan Kort

2020, Unknown Success
My first visit wasn’t as nice, as [Dr. Pravin] he was quick to point out that my husband wasn’t there due to the spur of the moment appointment and him having to work. I felt as if he explained things to me like I had no idea what he was talking about...The second visit went better, and he did well answering any questions I had, but was not forth coming with his findings unless I asked specific questions.
The few times we saw the nurses [of California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] they were very kind, and answered any questions I had...The front desk staff were very friendly. The wait time to get seen was very short (we had 3 days notice of when our first appointment would be due to a cancellation)...So far everything has been billed to insurance and covered. If we proceed with IUI or IVF we will be looking at $5,000-20,000 out of pocket per round
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
My first visit wasn’t as nice, as he was quick to point out that my husband wasn’t there due to the spur of the moment appointment and him having to work. I felt as if he explained things to me like I had no idea what he was talking about. He also made it sound like our only true option would be spending $20k on IVF, although he was agreeable to try TI with ovulation induction. The second visit went better, and he did well answering any questions I had, but was not forth coming with his findings unless I asked specific questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Pay attention when he talks, because with his heavy accent it is sometimes difficult to understand what he said.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I felt neutral. We have only seen him two times for testing and initial treatment plans. The first initial consult felt very generic, however the visit with the saline ultrasound felt more personalize to me. It is still early in the treatment process to have a good idea of how the relationship will progress during this process.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have only done one month of birth control to reset my cycle, as my follicles were all different sizes and my lining was very thin. Our next visit will address our next step, although he did say he anticipates needing hormones to thicken my lining.
The few times we saw the nurses they were very kind, and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The waiting room was very welcoming, not crowded. The front desk staff were very friendly. The wait time to get seen was very short (we had 3 days notice of when our first appointment would be due to a cancellation).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
None, as we are not to the point of IVF at this time.

2020, Consult
IUI With Other Docs
Poor bedside manner. Did not speak with me and acted annoyed by my questions. Charged my insurance for a full consultation, even though [Dr. Goud] clearly did not review my medical records before providing his medical opinion. Throughout the consult, it was evident he was not listening to me, and continued to address my husband, but not me. Given the lack of communication and feeling like a number
Organization and lack of compassion were the weaknesses of this [California IVF: Daivs] clinic...The doc did not review my records before our meeting, which made the appointment seem a waste of my husband's and my time...I did not feel heard by this doctor and was unable to work with him, especially in a medical treatment that is so personal and invasive. Maybe he clicks better with other patients, but I did not feel comfortable going back to this clinic.
I was put off from the first visit and sought a second opinion with another clinic afterward. Poor bedside manner. Did not speak with me and acted annoyed by my questions. Charged my insurance for a full consultation, even though he clearly did not review my medical records before providing his medical opinion. Throughout the consult, it was evident he was not listening to me, and continued to address my husband, but not me. Given the lack of communication and feeling like a number, I did not move forward with this provider.
My doctor sent over the records to his clinic; he allegedly did not receive them. He was late for our appointment. He offered a "consultation" without reviewing my lab results and medical records. Without any prior course of treatment, he recommended we jump straight to using donor eggs or a surrogate; I can't help but notice that it's the most expensive option.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Organization and lack of compassion were the weaknesses of this clinic, which is why I did not return after initial consultation, sought a second opinion immediately and proceeded with treatment elsewhere. My records were sent from my OBGYN, they not only did not receive them, but did not follow up with the referring provider prior to our visit. The doc did not review my records before our meeting, which made the appointment seem a waste of my husband's and my time. I didn't realize until I went to another clinic that the doc is supposed to review ALL of your lab results before giving you his medical opinion. I did not feel heard by this doctor and was unable to work with him, especially in a medical treatment that is so personal and invasive. Maybe he clicks better with other patients, but I did not feel comfortable going back to this clinic.
$1600 for initial consultation

2020, Unknown Success
We are in the beginning stages of starting our IVF plan, but Dr. Goud has been very kind and helpful in helping us devise the best plan moving forward. He and his team have been very communicative and making sure we understand next steps...we were really pleased with the amount of time they spent with us answering questions and their bed side manner.
I've communicated several times over phone and email and they've [California IVF : DFC] always been very responsive and made sure I felt comfortable with the amount of information given...All of the staff at the clinic have been very warm and welcoming. We've had a great experience in getting appointments, follow up calls and information. This process can be very overwhelming and there's a lot of information coming at you at once, I'd recommend being persistent in asking questions and seeking follow up if needed.
We were greeted and brought back to the room in a very kind manner. During both consultation with Dr. Gross and the diagnostic work with Dr. Goud, we were really pleased with the amount of time they spent with us answering questions and their bed side manner.
We are still in the beginning stages of starting treatment. We have had blood work and a saline ultrasound conducted by Dr. Goud.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Raj)
The nursing staff has been top notch. I've communicated several times over phone and email and they've always been very responsive and made sure I felt comfortable with the amount of information given. When beginning the treatment plan she even said over phone "we're in the together" which I found very comforting knowing there's a team in place to help guide me.
Estimate $30,000 including treatment for 2 cycles and medication
Sacramento

Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. ... After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed.
They [California IVF] seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. ... Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). ... All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me. ...
Dr.Goud seems unprepared in this field in comparison to other fertility doctors I had received treatment in the past. There were too many red flags considering my diagnosis: uterine fibroids. During a saline ultrasound one intramural fibroid and a polyp have been visualized. During my pre-op, I've asked him again about myomectomy and he affirmed only a polyp would be removed. I was very confused since it was a conflicted information. Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). I've been under sedation for nothing and cost me $700 out of pocket to cover anesthesia costs. The procedure total was $2250 and the clinic will send me refund check of $1550. I flew out of town, reserved a hotel, and came back home with the same problem. He was absolutely incompetent for miscalculating my procedure, put me at risk for nothing, wasted my time and money, and never followed up on my condition. I asked to switch providers for my follow up.
Please tell him you have read his reviews and ask why his successful pregnancy rates are so low. Take notes, ask for consultation summary, compare notes during follow up appointments since he's so forgetful.
Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. He seems very forgetful and clearly didn't review my medical records prior to procedure. After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed. Dr. Goud has tried "to run for the hills" after miscalculating my procedure. No follow up from him or an apology.
I had to had one intramural fibroid removed and he failed my procedure. I've been taking bcps prior to my first saline ultrasound and continue on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie and Sylvia)
Valerie, care coordinator and Sylvia, OR Nurse are the reasons I'l be back to this clinic. Absolutely phenomenal.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. My pre-op Nurse was very robotic ( clearly a rookie) but she was acting like reading a script. Just care and compassion, please. It's a fertility clinic. Are you building a family or is it a busine$$ of fertility? All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me.
Saline ultrasound $600, hysteroscopy $2250 ( got $1550 refund), still had to pay $700 for sedation costs. $15K if I proceed with embryo adoption.
I had the choice for 1 or 2 to be transferred.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Dr. Goud didn't follow basic protocol after hysteroscopy by not calling Rx antibiotics or when to call the clinic for ex. excessive bleeding, etc. I had to ask for IV pain meds due to bad cramps ( isn't obvious?) after waking up from sedation. (post op).
Sacramento

He [Dr. Gould] said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive ... The doctor was very attentive. He explained every part of the procedure. He laid out a decent plan for us and let us know potential risks and what he would do if he was in our shoes. I am a type a person, and he let me ask all of my questions and gave us very thorough answers.
This clinic [California IVF] came highly recommended. It is in a great location, it is very inviting, and is easy to book a consultation. ... The nursing staff is knowledgeable and patient. They would re-explain what was happening if the doctor had stepped out. They never once were frustrated with a number of questions I would ask. They’re always kind and considerate of what the situation
How was your experience with John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I would bring in all lab results that you have already done with your current provider. I would also bring in a list of questions so that he could answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Goud was kind and took a long time to explain everything to us. We brought in a lot of our own lab results already and he went through each and everyone to let us know what was best for us. I am very thankful for the time that he took to explain everything to us. Our diagnosis was new and the wound was still fresh. He made us feel better and was excited that we were still young.
Describe the protocols John Gould used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gould Said the two most important things to pay attention to our air quality in number of eggs. He said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive. At the end my husband and I decided to use said the two most important things to pay attention to our air quality in number of eggs. He said because we were a young couple that the extractions would be beneficial. He definitely explained the difference between the types of treatment we could receive. At the end my husband and I decided to use PGS and choose the sex of the baby. However, there was no pressure either way. He did suggest to do to retrievals if we were thinking of doing gender selection. We have not finished the retrievals yet, but I am scheduled to do them in the next three weeks.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
This clinic came highly recommended. It is in a great location, it is very inviting, and is easy to book a consultation. They have a very high success rate and they have one of the best embryologists in the state
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gould at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Our treatment plan was to egg retrieval’s, PGS, and one transfer. The total for that is $26,000. My medication was $6000. So total hour procedure is 32,000.
Describe John Gould's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Our doctor definitely urged us to consider single embryo transfer. He said a lot of couples choose multiple transfer, but he said to remember the risks of carrying twins. He also reminded us that another transfer in the future would be $4000 ( Plus the cost of medication).
John Gould
Sacramento

He [Dr. Goud] is very calming and friendly but doesn't talk alot. I do not like that he doesn't call himself with bad news or any news has his staff. He was at all my appointment and never waited long. Appointment were very fast but still thorough etc ... For egg retrieval I started with birth control then did injections of gonal f , cetrotide, and with lupron trigger also had a pill I took forget the name... For frozen embryo transfer I did 23 days of lupron injections then estrodial patches 2 every other day and progesterone suppositories 3 a day
I personally love this clinic [California IVF Fertility Center] there organized and quick. I never wait long for appointments and easy to schedule appointments when needed. They always answer there phone and return calls promptly. They are professional and friendly ... Was very fast and seemed to do generic order of tests and appointment the Dr never calls with the news always has his nurse do it
He is very calming and friendly but doesn't talk alot. I do not like that he doesn't call himself with bad news or any news has his staff. He was at all my appointment and never waited long. Appointment were very fast but still thorough etc
Ask a lot of questions as he doesn't always explain all the steps
Was very fast and seemed to do generic order of tests and appointment the Dr never calls with the news always has his nurse do it... Otherwise they are very friendly and the staff is quick to respond
For egg retrieval I started with birth control then did injections of gonal f , cetrotide, and with lupron trigger also had a pill I took forget the name... For frozen embryo transfer I did 23 days of lupron injections then estrodial patches 2 every other day and progesterone suppositories 3 a day... Getting ready to start second transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey whitaker)
They are absolutely amazing!!! They always respond on the same day and always get all the information I request. There polite and always smiling.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I personally love this clinic there organized and quick. I never wait long for appointments and easy to schedule appointments when needed. They always answer there phone and return calls promptly. They are professional and friendly
Was $9500 for egg retrieval and embryo freezing and monitoring included a fresh transfer which they no longer do there so was charged a additional $2900 before frozen transfer also paid $1500 for icsi also $250 per consultation
He allowed to be my decision ... Which I like because I want to transfer two embryos each time
Sacramento

I've asked him [Dr. Zeringue] questions and he's always been able to answer them. He has been straight forward with me about the reason for my infertility and the best treatment options. He's never pressured me into pursuing other costly treatment options such as IVF simply because he determined we did not need to go that route. I was the one that chose to go forward with the route that we are currently on and he made sure to confirm that's what we wanted. During one of my scans, we did have a scare that there was a uterine fibroid and he went ahead and scheduled a surgery.
They [California IVF: Davis Fertility Center] allow children at this facility which may also be a trigger for some. The front office staff aren't as friendly but they are there and they do their job...All of the nursing staff that I have met at this office are great. I am able to reach them by phone or email and they have always gotten back to me in a timely manner when I left messages...The strengths of this clinic is that I have been there to hear the cheers and congratulations of others' success while waiting in the lobby or a room. It shows that this clinic is pretty successful in helping people get pregnant. There is also a downside to being able to hear because it can affect other patients that are trying and failing.
Dr. Zeringue is a very straight forward person. He explained exactly what to expect during my IUIs and the realistic chances of conception. He does speak a bit low so it can be hard to hear him at times during the appointments. I've asked him questions and he's always been able to answer them. He has been straight forward with me about the reason for my infertility and the best treatment options. He's never pressured me into pursuing other costly treatment options such as IVF simply because he determined we did not need to go that route. I was the one that chose to go forward with the route that we are currently on and he made sure to confirm that's what we wanted. During one of my scans, we did have a scare that there was a uterine fibroid and he went ahead and scheduled a surgery. A day before the surgery, he decided to do another scan just to make sure and everything was all clear so the surgery was cancelled. We went ahead with our first IUI that cycle. If he had not decided at the last min to do a scan, we would've went into surgery only to come out with nothing but wasted time, money and pain.
Ask a lot of questions because he is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain.
Dr. Zeringue is a great doctor who is upfront and honest with me about everything that is going on. He is always able to answer my questions and can recall data or studies in relation to my questions. I like that he doesn't try to give me any false hope on immediate success during any process/procedures but at the same time not making me feel like my time and effort are a waste.
The first thing Dr. Zeringue did was increase my Metformin dosage and get me started on birth control pills while we were getting all the necessary fertility testing done. He knew of my unsuccessful history with Clomid and told me Femera has been proven to be more successful with PCOS patients for infertility treatment. All of our testing came back and he was able to determine that everything was fine but the only issue was I was not ovulating. He told us that we did not need to pursue IVF because everything is fine and we would work on getting me to ovulate. He suggested medicated IUI with Letrozole and trigger injections. I am currently on my third cycle with Dr. Zeringue with the same plan.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that I have been there to hear the cheers and congratulations of others' success while waiting in the lobby or a room. It shows that this clinic is pretty successful in helping people get pregnant. There is also a downside to being able to hear because it can affect other patients that are trying and failing. They do also allow children at this facility which may also be a trigger for some. The front office staff aren't as friendly but they are there and they do their job.
So far I have paid $80 out of pocket for what my insurance has not covered. All medications were through my own pharmacy and my trigger Injections were paid out of pocket through a contracted pharmacy.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Dr. Ernest Zeringue] was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during our consultation and during communication at follow up appts...Dr.Zeringe did my Tubal Reversal surgery in 2017 which has not been successful at achieving a pregnancy as of yet. I have had 3 MC with one being an ectopic. He has been supportive but now we are exploring other options such as IUI with meds and IVF...Make sure that you do the labs to test for hormone levels and make sure you are ovulating regularly before making up your mind in regards to IVF vs other options (IUI, TR etc).
They [staff at California IVF] are fairly good at returning phone calls and answering questions in a timely manner. I did have some issues at one time with billing the anesthesia, but after some time and communication we were able to clear that up...[the nurses are] Very friendly during my visits. They were usually very good with returning my calls and answering questions...extra charges accidentally billed to me that I had to clarify and fight that I didnt owe.
Dr.Zeringue was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during our consultation and during communication at follow up appts.
Not that I remember.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They are fairly good at returning phone calls and answering questions in a timely manner. I did have some issues at one time with billing the anesthesia, but after some time and communication we were able to clear that up.
Tubal reversal -8000-9000 (I believe). HSG 400.
I havent had IVF as of yet.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Although he [Dr. Zeringue] is clearly very smart, I often felt like he was only responding to whatever I asked rather then telling me what in his opinion would be the best course of action...He is all business, which is good but not when you are treating fertility. I did not feel like they were trying to treat me as a whole person. Besides baseline testing they did not try to figure out the source of my infertility. For example I was unaware that doing acupunture was an option until a form asked me if I planned on doing it during embroyo class.
As a fertility warrior she was kind and the most understanding. She [nurse of California IVF: Davis Center] made me feel comfortable and did not pressure treatments...I would say this is an industrial fertility clinic. They see lots of patients which means they are continuing to practice their skills but also that you are a patient number. The staff is friendly enough but the overall mission of the clinic is not best prepare the women's body for treatment but to use medicine and procedure to achieve the desired outcome. This is understandable but for a couple seeking treatment we need to be seen and heard and receive advice best for us as a whole person not just reproductive organs.
He is all business, which is good but not when you are treating fertility. I did not feel like they were trying to treat me as a whole person. Besides baseline testing they did not try to figure out the source of my infertility. For example I was unaware that doing acupunture was an option until a form asked me if I planned on doing it during embroyo class. They only did one monitoring appointment prior to retrieval despite my ovums being on the small side. After my first FET with 2 embroyos that resulted in a chemical pregnancy they did not offer any guidance or change in protocol prior to my second transfer.
Based on his wealth of experience he approaches your treatment statistically. I understand that treatment is science but with fertility there are so many other factors that I don't think he puts value in.
Although he is clearly very smart, I often felt like he was only responding to whatever I asked rather then telling me what in his opinion would be the best course of action.
IUIs- Clomid & trigger shot. Washed sperm. One monitoring appointment no change in meds. IVF- Gonal-F FET- Lupron and 2 estrogen patches, nightly injectable progesterone after transfer.
As a fertility warrior she was kind and the most understanding. She made me feel comfortable and did not pressure treatments.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
IUIs- $3500 for meds and procedure IVF- $4000 for meds, $9000 for retrieval and 1 FET, $1500 ICIS Additional FET- $3000 for procedure, $800 meds.
Did not recommend one way or the other.
Sacramento

He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there....Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
The clinic [CA IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] is very clean and warm feeling.... The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.... The nurses were kind and welcoming on the first day. However, when we had to go back to pick up our kits for Counsyl genetic testing, they were very unorganized. It seemed as if they didn't know why we were there and they couldn't find the kits to give us. We had to wait awhile to receive the correct kits.
So far, there is nothing that I can say wrong about Dr. Pravin Goud. We are having a great experience with our first fertility doctor. He is doing what he can to ensure that we get our rainbow baby. He was truthful and honest, but also warm and sincere.
Ask every question you can think of. Write them down before you go. He will answer them all as he is very knowledgeable.
He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there. He gave us information that my regular OB doctor had never told us.
We do not have any results yet but Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and warm feeling. The website is SUPER helpful and answers almost any question you can possibly have. The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.
He talked to us about the egg freezing, IVF itself, and the medications involved. The cost was upwards of $25,000. Since our main problem is Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, we are candidates of IVF with PGS which is even more costly.
We have not gotten to this step yet.
Sacramento

I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he [Dr. Goud] returned my call and was attentive and compassionate.... He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions.
I found the staff [California IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial.... Negatives: Medical advice from insurance coordinator. Chaos from nursing staff, lack of follow through, artificial compassion. I never even got a diagnosis and did not have the feeling that my care was comprehensive or tailored to me as an individual. Positives: Great andrologist, doctors were kind, everyone was responsive, easy to get an appointment.
I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he returned my call and was attentive and compassionate. I had been given off the Wall medical advice from the insurance coordinator and he called to give me an actual medical opinion and set my mind at ease. He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions. I felt like some of the answers he gave me were incomplete and I had to say “why didn’t you tell me that?” later on. I didn’t feel that my care was tailored to me as an individual.
I would just be very persistent at getting all the information, take notes, ask that treatment is tailored to me, etc.
IUI because that’s what I wanted to pursue. I didn’t have a good feeling for why I needed IUI, so after 2 attempt, we quit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael)
I found the staff overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial. One of the assistants told me it was fine to drink alcohol. The insurance coordinator told me at one point, when I called to talk to the doctor, that I was probably getting my period at 3 dpo after ovulation.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I have still not been billed. Significant delay.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Multiple people told me it was okay to drink alcohol while on a medicated cycle. Only on the second conversation w/ the doctor and with me pressing him on a specific study, did he admit that it could hurt my egg quality. The insurance coordinator told me I was probably having my period at 4 dpo on a medicated IUI when I called to talk to a doctor or nurse about pain and cramping.

IUI With Other Docs
At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. ... He [Dr. Goud] apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. ... It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. ... When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me.
I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they [CA IVF] would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed. ... I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. ... I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. But he did seem confident that I could get pregnant. After a few setbacks it was discovered I needed surgery. He apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. That he acknowledged what I was feeling. When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me. I felt like I had control of my care in that aspect. I always felt comfortable and taken care of while under his care.
Ask questions whenever you feel like something hasn’t been fully explained.
He always remembered me when he came in the room. Remembered the surgery he had performed for me. But after having a chemical pregnancy he did not remember that it had happened and he didn’t remember how many IUI’s had been done. But, overall I did feel like he was doing treatments that were right for my body and situation.
It was discovered I needed to surgery as I had multiple polyps in my uterus. Dr. Goud successfully performed that procedure for me. I think had a saline ultrasound which showed a clean uterus and open tubes. It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. My baseline follicle count was always below 5. I was upfront with our decision to not pursue IVF at that time. Dr. Goud never pushed that on us and was willing to try IUI cycles. Our first cycle was with letrozole cycle days 5-9. A trigger shot of pregnyl cycle day 13. We did IUI cycle day 15. A booster shot of pregnyl cycle day 16 and 19. That cycle was not successful. We immediately started a second cycle. This time with letrozole all on cycle day 3 and follistim injectable. We added the injectable with the hope of getting more follicles. Adding follistim got me 3 follicles instead of just one. This time we did IUI in cycle day 12. Again with pregnyl trigger and booster shots. This IUI cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our third and final IUI was just like our second. Since those medications had worked we tried it again. This cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
My regular nurse Rachel was wonderful. Very compassionate, kind, understanding. I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. But if I needed to call in for a question she was who I spoke to. I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I was able to get my initial appointment very quickly. I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed.
For an IUI we paid for a cycle day 3 ultrasound ($300), an appointment to check follicle growth and to be given trigger instructions (about $265) and the insemination and sperm wash ($290). Letrozole cost $12 at Costco, Pregnyl was almost $100 through the pharmacy the clinic uses, and Follistim was almost $600. There are discounts available for my husband being a veteran they we used for our last cycle. Other appointments were covered by our insurance.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
When ordering IUI medications my nurse was wonderful in feeling ya the cheapest place to fill the letrozole. But my injectables and trigger shot were not send the the pharmacy in a timely manner and I had to call and ask for it to be faxed again.
Sacramento

Our first consultation was not very informative. We were told we were going to get an ultersound but that never happened. We were given information that we already knew. And the dr. [Dr. Gross] Just kept talking about money....I was at this clinic for a very short time but long enough to know I didnt trust them. I was treated very much like a number. I cant say to much about the dr because I was there enough time to get a good indication of the work being done.
I had high Hope's for this clinic [CA IVF] as I had 5 unsuccessful iui. With another place.I was very disappointed with how things went. The staff lost my paper work I faxed over. I never got a return call. I could never get in contact with my coordinator. I was told that my first initial visit would be $200.00 but they charged my insurance $500.00 I didnt even get an ultersound.... Strengths would be the facility. It's new and super nice inside. Its clean and looks very professional. Weakness would be the communications, and staff organization. They need to work on realizing this is the hardest time in a couples life.
How was your experience with Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I was at this clinic for a very short time but long enough to know I didnt trust them. I was treated very much like a number. I cant say to much about the dr because I was there enough time to get a good indication of the work being done. I just know for me the dr. Weren't very friendly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Don't go to this place
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Our first consultation was not very informative. We were told we were going to get an ultersound but that never happened. We were given information that we already knew. And the dr. Just kept talking about money.
Describe the protocols Gary Gross used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
No treatment. I had my HSG test done here but nothing else. I left before starting treatment.
The nurse coordinator I was given was terrible. I would call her and leave a message. Then i wouldnt never hear back. This would happen all the time. I would be told they hadn't received paper work that I had faxed a week prior but never told me.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths would be the facility. It's new and super nice inside. Its clean and looks very professional. Weakness would be the communications, and staff organization. They need to work on realizing this is the hardest time in a couples life. They need to understand that this process for people is very overwhelming and they dont need the extra stress of just trying to get in contact with their coordinator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Gross at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
$300.00 I had my HSG test done here.but no other treatment
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I had high Hope's for this clinic as I had 5 unsuccessful iui. With another place.I was very disappointed with how things went. The staff lost my paper work I faxed over. I never got a return call. I could never get in contact with my coordinator. I was told that my first initial visit would be $200.00 but they charged my insurance $500.00 I didnt even get an ultersound. They were very much pushing IVF and I didnt feel comfortable doing this with them. I decided to not continue although they were close to my house.
Gary Gross

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Z [Zeringue] is very knowledgeable about his field! He was wonderful about explaining exactly what we needed to do, straightforward about any risks, but also personable. He made himself available for any questions or concerns we had. I would recommend Dr. Z to anyone!... He would always make sure I was comfortable and good to go before we proceeded with anything. And the nursing staff and patients advocate are exceptional. When we went back for the second transfer 3 years later, I really felt like they were all so excited for us and loved meeting our daughter. We had a great experience there!
I really can’t think of any negatives at this point. We had a truly great experience there. The clinic [California IVF] is knowledgeable and i feel they stay on top of the new medical advancements in fertility treatments. They also offer military discount which was a HUGE help for us!... They [nurses] were excellent! They are very knowledgeable but also you could tell they were truly compassionate for their patients and passionate about their job! We had Janet as a nurse first and then care coordinator half way through our first treatment.
Dr. Z is very knowledgeable about his field! He was wonderful about explaining exactly what we needed to do, straightforward about any risks, but also personable. He made himself available for any questions or concerns we had. I would recommend Dr. Z to anyone!
Go! He gave us our daughter and had sense protected his practice even more. I highly recommend him!
I felt like Dr. Z was good about being available to answer questions. He would always make sure I was comfortable and good to go before we proceeded with anything. And the nursing staff and patients advocate are exceptional. When we went back for the second transfer 3 years later, I really felt like they were all so excited for us and loved meeting our daughter. We had a great experience there!
I really don’t remember the exact procedures. I know I took follistem. Had an egg retrieval, Isco performed and transfer on day 5 or 7 I believe. We transferred 2 and froze the other 4. The transfer didn’t take so 2 months later we transferred 2 more and we got pregnant with our daughter. 3 years later we went back and transferred the final 2 embryos. The quality of these embryos was not rated very well and they did not take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
They were excellent! They are very knowledgeable but also you could tell they were truly compassionate for their patients and passionate about their job! We had Janet as a nurse first and then care coordinator half way through our first treatment. Holly our first care coordinator (who was also amazing) went on maternity leave so Janet took over our case. Then we also had her our second time around 3 years later. She was wonderful! The other staff at the facility is great too. I don’t remember any of the other names, but they were all very caring.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I really can’t think of any negatives at this point. We had a truly great experience there. The clinic is knowledgeable and i feel they stay on top of the new medical advancements in fertility treatments. They also offer military discount which was a HUGE help for us!
The egg retrieval and first transfer were $12,500 for military in 2013/2014. Each transfer after that was $2,500 with military discount
He gave us the otption to choose 1 or 2 embryos. We chose to have 2 transferred each of the 3 times just because we really didn’t mind the risk of twins. But I felt like he really told us the risks of multiples from transferring 2.

2014 - 2018, Successful
[Dr. Ernest Zeringue] is very kind and seems to be highly intelligent with deep understanding of his field of work. For instance, he knows a lot about diet related to fertility not just the medications/treatments. He is honest about chances of success but open to trying a lot if you are...In speaking with Zerengue he had excellent bed side manners
Beautiful facility [Califorina IVF: Davis Fertility Center] with kind/effective staff generally speaking. I do have concern about the quality of the embryologists involved in my treatments so far because I had the unfortunate experience of one if my embryos getting stuck in the cryotube it was frozen in and on the day of my transfer they were unable to retrieve it for a transfer without destroying it.
Dr zerengue is very kind and seems to be highly intelligent with deep understanding of his field of work. For instance, he knows a lot about diet related to fertility not just the medications/treatments. He is honest about chances of success but open to trying a lot if you are.
This is true for any fertility doctor, you gotta just get back on that horse and keep trying.
In speaking with Zerengue he had excellent bed side manners but no matter what, in medical facilities I feel like a number because the visits don't always include face time with doctors and you just know you are one of their many patients
I don't recall treatment strategy for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda Goldsworth)
Linda was always kind and on top of it so to speak
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Beautiful facility with kind/effective staff generally speaking. I do have concern about the quality of the embryologists involved in my treatments so far because I had the unfortunate experience of one if my embryos getting stuck in the cryotube it was frozen in and on the day of my transfer they were unable to retrieve it for a transfer without destroying it. I only had 2 embryos to work with from that cycle. I was only reimbursed about $1000 for the entire cycle because of the mistake.
Including medication about $30,000 for one ivf cycle and $10,000 to freeze eggs only.
I don't know much about this because I elected for single transfer when I did the one transfer I had
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I already explained the tragedy of one of my 2 available embryos getting stuck in the cryotube and they were unable to retrieve it on day of my transfer without destroying it.
Sacramento

He [Dr. Ernest Zeringue] is very good with communication and asking questions. Whenever this is something I don’t understand he will make sure I do before I leave his office...He always try’s new ways of treatment if the previous was unsuccessful. He is kind and makes sure you feel comfortable while going through the processes of treatment. He is very knowledgeable in his profession and makes things very easy to understand.
The clinic [California IVF] is very clean and basically brand new. The staff is very nice and always makes you feel more at home. They all know you by name and it’s comforting knowing the care enough too. All appointments are smooth and quick so you are not there too long...They [the nurses] answered all my questions when asked...He [Dr. Ernest Zeringue] always try’s new ways of treatment if the previous was unsuccessful. He is kind and makes sure you feel comfortable while going through the processes of treatment. He is very knowledgeable in his profession and makes things very easy to understand.
To make sure you ask all the questions you need answered so you are more comfortable with treatment.
He is very good with communication and asking questions. Whenever this is something I don’t understand he will make sure I do before I leave his office.
1: 2.5 mg of Letrozole and trigger 2. 5 mg of letrozole and trigger 3: 5 mg of letrozole and trigger 4: 7.5 mg of letrozole and trigger 5:all 10 2.5 mg of letrozole at once with trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Shahin)
They answered all my questions when asked.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and basically brand new. The staff is very nice and always makes you feel more at home. They all know you by name and it’s comforting knowing the care enough too. All appointments are smooth and quick so you are not there too long.
About $960 per clinic treatment And $250 for medication per treatment
Sacramento

Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps....The treatment plan wasn’t explained and most of the decisions about the plan seemed to be coming from the coordinators....this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol....Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location [CA IVF - Sac]. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps. I understand the medicine can only go so far but this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol. I couldn’t go anywhere else because my insurance only covered services at the clinic he was at.
Be direct with him and ask him a lot of questions when he is in the exam room, otherwise you will only be dealing with the coordinators.
I was able to get pregnant without reproductive asssitance, however that ended in a miscarriage. So I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Therefore Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael )
Racgael, the asssigned nursing coordinator was great. If my inquiry was urgent, she called back immediately otherwise she always called back at the end of the day. I do wish she used email.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
$15,102, including meds, for 1 medicated cycle, 3 IUI cycles, IVF retrieval. My insurance covered 50% of all services, not the meds.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
During one IUI cycle th Rx wasn’t submitted and I had to follow up.
Sacramento

He's [Dr. Zeringue] great ..fun. informative. Very knowledgeable. I worry that they don't test for any levels at this clinic. Every fee needs to be paid upfront and the transfer room was not a sterile environment like the retrieval room. I feel like trying different protocols just seems like a waste of time when you are 40 years old. I feel that they should have had me at the peak dosages instead of learning as we go with my body response.
Long wait times this clinic [CA IVF] was very busy all the time. Long wait times all the time. The staff were friendly, doctors are knowledgeable...i just think if you want a more direct approach, you have to ask a lot of questions...Wasn't told to begin birth control for 2nd cycle. So I had to wait another month...They are a busy clinic. Sometimes wait times were in excess of an hour...Linda was great. Friendly and understanding. I had one pet peeve and that was that not 1 nurse could give me an iv.
He's great ..fun. informative. Very knowledgeable. I worry that they don't test for any levels at this clinic. Every fee needs to be paid upfront and the transfer room was not a sterile environment like the retrieval room. I feel like trying different protocols just seems like a waste of time when you are 40 years old. I feel that they should have had me at the peak dosages instead of learning as we go with my body response.
Be prepared to wait
They are a busy clinic. Sometimes wait times were in excess of an hour.
My first protocol included a long Lupron cycle. I only had 3 eggs. The 2nd was a very short Lupron protocol and added metronome, I had 10 eggs. I dont think freeze all cycles are the best in older women. I had 8 embryos at day 4 and only 2 at day 6. I think we should have tried to transfer on day 3 and froze the rest
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was great. Friendly and understanding. I had one pet peeve and that was that not 1 nurse could give me an iv. The embriologist had to do it, and even that was after 4 pokes in. I felt like a pin cushion. I think overall I was poked over 15 times for 2 ivs
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Long wait times this clinic was very busy all the time. Long wait times all the time. The staff were friendly, doctors are knowledgeable...i just think if you want a more direct approach, you have to ask a lot of questions. This was all new to me and I didn't know what to ask. I had a cyst the entire two cycles which I think we all thought was a follicle. It's smart to do a lot of research before you go
Treatment, icsi, and transfer are 3 different fees and well as blood tests.
Sacramento

I went through two IUI cycles with Dr. Zeringue. He had me on Leuprolide and then started me on 300 IU of Menopur a day when I started taking both shots on the same day. He had me come in for multiple ultrasounds to monitor how well my follicles were responding. The first cycle I did with Dr. Zeringue gave me two viable eggs with no pregnancy result. The second cycle I did with Dr. Zeringue gave me three viable eggs (the most eggs I have had while doing IUI) with no pregnancy result. Dr. Zeringue thought that doing one more IUI cycle would theoretically give me even more eggs with a higher chance of pregnancy but my insurance would not cover the last cycle.
I was lucky enough to have the same coordinator throughout my three IUI cycles at California IVF Davis. I had two different doctors (Lovely and Zeringue) but was so thankful I was able to have Samantha as my coordinator throughout. She has amazing bedside manner and I never felt judged if I started to cry in front of her. When she showed me how to use the shots for the first time she was very patient and answered any question I had.
I felt that Dr. Zeringue would explain the entire procedure and we would leave knowing exactly what was going to happen. However, his bedside manner was not as compassionate as Dr. Lovely's was. He is a very smart doctor and I did produce more eggs with his treatment than with Dr. Lovely's.
Ask any question you can think of and Dr. Zeringue will be able to answer it.
I felt that Dr. Zeringue would answer all questions I had and was very informative. However, his bedside manner was neutral but not the best either.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The only weakness that this clinic has is the long wait times. A strength they gained recently was moving locations into the Natomas area. Their former Davis waiting room area was very small and cramped when multiple people were waiting for their appointments. The new location is much more spacious for patients and staff.
Each of my cycles varied on cost since I had leftover medication from my first cycle with Dr. Zeringue that I was able to use on my second cycle. The first cycle was roughly $3,500 and the second cycle was roughly $2,500.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
One of my medications was not called in but since they use an overnight pharmacy I was able to get my medications in time.
Davis

As the owner of the clinic, Dr. Zeringue took us on as his own patients and ensured that everything was done to have the best results the second time....He clearly an expert in the field. He is able to communicate his knowledge in a way that makes sense as a patient...Each IVF process had many challenges and trials, but we are overall very happy with how he helped us...he did increase my amount of medication slightly. I don't recall the specific medications.
It is an organized and professional clinic [CA IVF]. The only weakness I would give is insurance coordination. I've been dealing with having my treatments covered for the last year. The insurance company blames and the clinic, and the clinic blames the insurance company....We loved working with Linda. She was in constant communication with us, and always made us feel that we could ask any questions along the way. She is also very compassionate and truly cares about her patients.
He clearly an expert in the field. He is able to communicate his knowledge in a way that makes sense as a patient. We had our first child under his care in 2016 and we are due in April of 2018 with our second. Each IVF process had many challenges and trials, but we are overall very happy with how he helped us.
As with any doctor, go into the process knowing that there will be challenges. My wife and I are confident that we were in the best care with Dr. Zeringue.
He and his nurse took a real interest in our situation. We originally saw Dr. Lovely at the same clinic. We did not get the results we wanted after we had a failed cycle with no embryos. As the owner of the clinic, Dr. Zeringue took us on as his own patients and ensured that everything was done to have the best results the second time.
We did reciprocal IVF. I went through the egg retrieval and my wife carried the embryos. After our failed cycle, and were transferred to Dr. Zeringue, he did increase my amount of medication slightly. I don't recall the specific medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda Goldsworth )
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We loved working with the doctor and nurse. It is an organized and professional clinic. The only weakness I would give is insurance coordination. I've been dealing with having my treatments covered for the last year. The insurance company blames and the clinic, and the clinic blames the insurance company.
Our first two cycles were about $25,000 for the first child. Our embryo transfer was about $5,000.
Because of their increase in success rates, the doctor was very confident in recommending a single embryo transfer.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
At times Dr. Zeringue felt cold and when answering questions seemed rushed....My fresh day 5 transfer ended up being an ectopic pregnancy, which was a very heart breaking and emotional thing to go through. Their office seemed cold about it. I was told to come back to the office to receive a methotrexate shot which would end the pregnancy and I waited in the waiting room, in tears, for almost two hours. Once back in the treatment room a nurse and Dr. Zeringue did an ultrasound
The clinic [California IVF] can seem cold, business like, lacking human empathy. Linda, my nurse coordinator was very kind when I needed it but overall the clinic can be cold. I also felt rushed when asking questions or trying to understand procedures/protocols.... At the time my cycle for IVF cost around $10,000. Not including freezing any remaining embryos which was another $600 and my frozen transfer which was $2200.
. My fresh day 5 transfer ended up being an ectopic pregnancy, which was a very heart breaking and emotional thing to go through. Their office seemed cold about it. I was told to come back to the office to receive a methotrexate shot which would end the pregnancy and I waited in the waiting room, in tears, for almost two hours. Once back in the treatment room a nurse and Dr. Zeringue did an ultrasound and I could hear them whisper about seeing a heartbeat, which made things 100x worse for me. Knowing that methotrexate sometimes does not work if there is an heartbeat in the embryo I asked about it and they assured me that it was fine. Days later when lab test showed the methotrexate had not worked and the ectopic pregnancy was still growing and developing I was told I would then need to go to surgery to prevent a tube rupture. Horrible situation all the way around. Also, I don’t think that Dr. zeringue is up to speed with some of the latest practices. After my experience with CA IVF I had consultations at 2 different places and they both told me that my treatment plan and medications should have been different, especially if he was concerned about a low ovarian reserve. Of course, that was hard to hear after spending so much money on my first IVF cycle.
Do your research, ask a lot of questions. Don’t be afraid to be your own advocate.
CA-IVF felt strictly like a business. At times Dr. Zeringue felt cold and when answering questions seemed rushed.
I don’t remember accurately enough.
Linda was the best part of this clinic. She was compassionate during the hard time of finding out my transfer had resulted in an ectopic.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic can seem cold, business like, lacking human empathy. Linda, my nurse coordinator was very kind when I needed it but overall the clinic can be cold. I also felt rushed when asking questions or trying to understand procedures/protocols.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Goud is kind and skilled but he didn't make me feel like i was an individual. It feels like a generic process...Average. Kind, competent but detached...Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you....you really need to stay on top of things, be really proactive...There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc...On the whole, [CA IVF - Davis is] not very organized.
On the whole, [CA IVF - Davis is] not very organized. I am super pleased to have Jennifer R as my coordinator because some of the others seem very disorganized. There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc...Jennifer R is excellent. Good communication, timely and compassionate. The other nurses assisted with the procedures. Cierra helped Dr Goud with the ultrasound during the transfer and her skilled and demeanor left a lot to be desired!
Average. Kind, competent but detached. Pretty much my experience from every fertility Dr that I've had........................................................................................................
Be proactive. Understand your treatment and next steps fully so that you can ask the right questions in order to stay informed. Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you.
OCP on third day of cycle lining check (10 days after starting OCP) start Lupron subcut injections when lining check is clear lining check for thickness of uterine lining when above 7.5mm and trilaminar start progesterone IM injections transfer continue with progesterone Beta day 10 Beta day 12 7 wk U/S
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer R)
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
On the whole, not very organized. I am super pleased to have Jennifer R as my coordinator because some of the others seem very disorganized. There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc.
$12,500 + meds and all other extras (for x 3 cycles)
The Dr and the clinic were fine with me transferring either 1 or 2. I opted for 2.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Not really, nothing that affected my treatment but you really need to stay on top of things, be really proactive but I've found this to be the case with the other clinics that I've also worked with namely; UCSF and Genea (Australia).