CAMC Health System

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
Carleston
830 Pennsylvania Ave. Suite 205,
Charleston, WV 25302
(304) 388-2863.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CAMC Health System to a friend?
1 doctor
Appointments are easy to schedule and can be scheduled within a week of calling. The staff [CAMC Health System] is personable and helpful. Because the clinic is inside a hospital, parking is not free. The clinic is easy to locate and is only open Monday through Thursday all day and half the day Friday.... The clinic is a teaching clinic, so interns and students are always there, unless you specifically specify you don’t want them there for your appointment.
Describe your experience with CAMC Health System.
Appointments are easy to schedule and can be scheduled within a week of calling. The staff is personable and helpful. Because the clinic is inside a hospital, parking is not free. The clinic is easy to locate and is only open Monday through Thursday all day and half the day Friday. The cost of procedures and doctor visits are very budget friendly, especially when insurance will not pay. The staff is very proactive and positive even when you feel hopeless. They are very compassionate and comforting, especially when you get bad news. The clinic is a teaching clinic, so interns and students are always there, unless you specifically specify you don’t want them there for your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pickens Gannt at CAMC Health System?
Dr. Gantt and his staff were always so helpful and made sure to take the time to explain everything to my husband and I. They gave us their cell phone numbers so we could text or call when we had questions and they respond quickly. Dr. Gantt always told me my odds of success, which never seemed that high because of my condition and only having one tube. The clinic also has a very cost effective program that allows patients to make payments instead of upfront. They have also done all the cost comparison on the medications and provided me the information for where to buy, in order to save money. During my last IUI, my blood pressure was continually reading high. The nurse, Rhonda, took me to an empty exam room and had me lay down and take a 20 minute nap to try to lower my number. It worked and for that I’m great full that they care and not just look at me and send me on my way.
She always put the patient first. She was detailed and always made herself available to her and answer any questions. She gave good demonstrations on how to administer shots and take the medications required. She even goes as far as to FaceTime with us when my husband needed guidance on giving me the HCG shot. She has even let me rest in the office in order to lower my blood pressure.
How was your experience with Pickens Gannt at CAMC Health System?
Dr. Gantt is a very knowledgeable doctor. He is older which and cannot remember everyone’s file very well. So he makes sure to go through your whole history before discussion at every appointment. He is thorough and knows how to save the patient money where he can.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pickens Gannt at CAMC Health System?
To listen intently and ask a lot of questions and to be honest with all your concerns. He is more than happy to help and he is very optimistic with getting his patient pregnant.
Describe the protocols Pickens Gannt used in your cycles at CAMC Health System and their degree of success.
Started with clomid cd5-9 for two cycles. Then an IUI with clomid cd5-9, HCG, and progesterone. Followed by a cycle with Clomid on cd 5-9. Then Femara cycle on cd 5-9. Took a break for two cycles. Ended with an IUI cycle with clomid cd3-7, hmg shots 7-14, HCG on cd 15, and progestrone following procedure. My husbands sperm analysis during each IUI showed a count of 230 million to 273 million.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pickens Gannt at CAMC Health System.
IUI procedures are $530 each. Ultrasounds are roughly $400 each. Doctor visits are roughly $250 each. IVF was quoted to me for $7300 upfront before cycle starts or $5300 upfront and an additional $4500 if a positive successful pregnancy. Hsg test costs are roughly $1500.
Pickens Gannt