Genetic counseling: Offered
Glendale, CA 91206
Rancho Cucamonga
10837 Laurel Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?

My wife and I have been trying to conceive for 6 years. After another OBGYN misdiagnosed my wife we saw another doctor who dx her with endometriosis. After this we saw Dr Quintero and he gave us Letrazole to try for 5 months and if that doesn’t result in pregnancy we will try IVF. We are currently on the 3rd cycle but now complicated by an endometrioma that will need to be surgically removed before we continue. We will use dr Quintero and his staff once the surgery is done.
Clean, organized, nice staff [CARE Fertility]. The nursing staff took the time to help us fill out the paperwork and were very polite about everything. However we weee never given actual numbers on how much IVF will eventually cost us which makes me think it’s going to be very expensive ... The consultation was free and we received a prescription the very first day and didn’t have to pay a dime ... The nursing staff was very business like.
How was your experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
Ask for as many details as possible he does t mind giving them out
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
He was very empathetic to our situation
Describe the protocols Rudy Quintero used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
Letrozol for 5 months, no results
The nursing staff was very business like.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Clean, organized, nice staff. The nursing staff took the time to help us fill out the paperwork and were very polite about everything. However we weee never given actual numbers on how much IVF will eventually cost us which makes me think it’s going to be very expensive
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility.
Describe Rudy Quintero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
None
Rudy Quintero
Arcadia
Don't expect to see her [Dr. Nackley] much. Most of your visits will be with nurses, etc. But that is very normal in this context...We did IVF with some ICSI embryos. I was on multiple medications leading up to egg retrieval...but they were low doses...My egg retrieval and recovery were very smooth (though Dr. Nackley did not do it, another doctor did). We got 6 embryos! We froze them all and did a FET the next month. I had bleeding early on which was awful, but the clinic was really tentative and gave me several early additional ultrasounds to check on things. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant.
I wished there had been a more dedicated "person" for me [at CARE Fertility]. You end up calling a lot with various questions and concerns and setting up all of the appointments...When I transferred to an OB they never sent my records over even though I asked twice and I had complications early on. I wanted my new doc to see my ultrasounds...You do feel like a number, unfortunately. You are greeted by a computer screen to check in and some of the staff seems to travel back and forth between the two offices so again, I never really got to become comfortable or friendly with any particular staff. Looking back, that would have been comforting.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Nackley is kind, smart and has good bedside manner. We had a really great experience overall and I feel that her treatment protocol for us was perfect. When I did get pregnant and had complications early on she was attentive and helpful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Don't expect to see her much. Most of your visits will be with nurses, etc. But that is very normal in this context.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Nackley was very present when meeting with us. I did not feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Anna Chan Nackley used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
We have male factor infertility. She did not make me repeat any of the invasive/painful procedures I had done in the past to determine my fertility status, but was thorough in ruling anything remaining out for me. She tested my husband for additional issues and found something that a previous doctor had not, giving us an explanation that we never had before. We did IVF with some ICSI embryos. I was on multiple medications leading up to egg retrieval (I can't remember them all how, I'm sorry) but they were low doses. I had no crazy adverse side effects. I got through my egg retrieval without issues which I was very afraid of. My egg retrieval and recovery were very smooth (though Dr. Nackley did not do it, another doctor did). We got 6 embryos! We froze them all and did a FET the next month. I had bleeding early on which was awful, but the clinic was really tentative and gave me several early additional ultrasounds to check on things. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant.
I wished there had been a more dedicated "person" for me. You end up calling a lot with various questions and concerns and setting up all of the appointments. While the nurses were generally nice to me (even though I know I tend to be a little extra and paranoid and called a lot), it would have been nice to have one dedicated nurse. Instead you call a line and leave a VM and someone calls back. They always called me back within the business day, but again, I wished I had one person I could make a connection with.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility.
I believe we paid somewhere around 7000 for our entire IVF process, but we had great insurance coverage
Describe Anna Chan Nackley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr. Nackley was very adamant that we only transfer one. We didn't have a strong desire to transfer more than one so the conversation stopped there.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
On one-on-one meetings with Dr. Kathy she is very compassionate and answers all your questions. She is very knowledgeable and takes her time with patients. When you are going through patients, the clinic is very busy and you are shuffled around to different rooms and different nurses quite a bit.... Laparoscopic surgery to investigate a final blockage. Clomid IUI based on irregular cycles, but unexplained fertility. We did 3 rounds of Clomid/IUI.
The cutting edge treatments and being on the forefront of clinical research would be a strength of this clinic [CARE Fertility]. The large number of patients making you sometimes feel like a number would be a negative....The nurses are all exceptionally kind people. Even though you may see a different nurse during times of a cycle based on the day you’re at the clinic, they all get to know you over time and are quite friendly. This puts you at ease. Some of the nurses seem disorganized at times, but I think that is a result of the large patient load.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
When speaking with Dr. Kathy you can tell she is an incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable doctor. She is also someone that has the rare gift of being able to explain complicated medical procedures or terms in a manner that a layperson can understand. She is always up to date on the latest technologies and procedures. She always always had a hopeful message with her delivery and was accessible to me for appointments and consultations when I wanted to discuss a test result or a change in treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Be organized and ask questions. The clinic is very busy and you have to be your own advocate. Also be patient and remain hopeful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Describe the protocols Kathleen Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The cutting edge treatments and being on the forefront of clinical research would be a strength of this clinic. The large number of patients making you sometimes feel like a number would be a negative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.
Testing and laparoscopy were covered by my insurance. We paid out of pocket approximately $1000 including medication for each IUI cycle.
Describe Kathleen Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
We have not started an IVF cycle, but we were told that due to our age, only one embryo would be transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
At one point some consent forms we had signed were misplaced or destroyed and we had to complete the forms again.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Doody is very friendly and knowledgeable. She is a leader in the field and is up to date on the latest trends and information regarding assisted reproduction. My criticism is she has so many patients and when we would see her it was apparent that she had only reviewed our file five minutes before we arrived....We have done three IUI treatments including taking Clomid. We were set to try IVF but the corona virus pandemic stopped our planned treatment.
The clinic [CARE] has a good location and nice facility. They have recently upgraded the interior and it looks very nice. The facility is also very clean and well-maintained. It is spacious in the waiting area and has excellent privacy in each consultation room....The nursing staff is very friendly and kind. They treat patients with a smile and helping hand every time we have gone to the facility. My criticism is they are very busy and on occasion not as well prepared or organized to see a particular patient.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Be patient and stay positive.
Very busy clinic. Sometimes when you are there it feels like you are just another number. When you meet with Dr. Doody she is very knowledgeable and nice.
The nursing staff is very friendly and kind. They treat patients with a smile and helping hand every time we have gone to the facility. My criticism is they are very busy and on occasion not as well prepared or organized to see a particular patient. They are very professional and capable in all the medical procedures we have undergone.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic has a good location and nice facility. They have recently upgraded the interior and it looks very nice. The facility is also very clean and well-maintained. It is spacious in the waiting area and has excellent privacy in each consultation room. The area for males to provide a sample was very nice.
Each IUI was $1,000. My wife had a minor surgical procedure covered by insurance. We anticipate IVF will cost between $8,000-$12,000.
Not applicable.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
We signed some consent forms as part of an IVF clinical study. They lost them and we had to sign them again.

2014 - 2019
10 Eggs Frozen
I loved Dr. Nackley, but I do feel that she did not reveal l the clinics or her success rates with egg freezing (vitrification) and thawing...I feel that Dr. Nackely was almost too positive about egg freezing and thawing to make embryos. Only when we talked to an embryologist, did we realize that it egg freezing and later thaw to create embryos, was a very delicate process compared to embryo freeze/thaw...17 retrieved, 12 viable, 10 frozen. Dr. Nackley did not suggest another egg retrieval. She felt we had enough. When I went back 5 years later to unthaw eggs to create embryos, we did meds for 6 weeks leading up to possible fresh transfer.
I froze my eggs with this clinic [CARE Fertility] in 2014 with vitrification. I went to thaw my eggs to make embryos in 2019, and none of my eggs survived the thaw. The lab did not have a good protocol for when this happened. I only got a call after they thawed all eggs with no success. I feel they should have called at some point to tell me they were not having success. I would have taken the rest of my frozen eggs to another lab/clinic that has done lots of egg thaws with a good success rate. I also feel this clinic just not have lots of experience in egg freezing/thaw and would suggest others to look at a different clinic for fertility preservation.
2014 - 2019
10 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I loved Dr. Nackley, but I do feel that she did not reveal l the clinics or her success rates with egg freezing (vitrification) and thawing. Only after, our horrible outcome of trying in unthaw my eggs, (none survived the thaw), I had to ask the lab manager these numbers, who said, we will have to get back to you, I dont know. And only when we had a meeting with Dr. Kevin Doody, 2.5 weeks later, did we learn that this clinic does not have much success with those that come back to unthaw their eggs and use them to create an embryo.
I loved Dr. Nackley, but do not have any confidence in the lab at CARE, for fertility preservation. Also, I feel that Dr. Nackely was almost too positive about egg freezing and thawing to make embryos. Only when we talked to an embryologist, did we realize that it egg freezing and later thaw to create embryos, was a very delicate process compared to embryo freeze/thaw
Dr Nackley has great bedside manner. She never made me feel rushed during an appointment.
I dont remember much from egg freeze (stim) other that I think I took, memopur and Gonal F and did ultrasounds and blood work leading up to retrieval. 17 retrieved, 12 viable, 10 frozen. Dr. Nackley did not suggest another egg retrieval. She felt we had enough. When I went back 5 years later to unthaw eggs to create embryos, we did meds for 6 weeks leading up to possible fresh transfer.
I feel the nurse staff overall was good. Only once, did I feel that got lost in the shuffle. I did feel that I had to keep reminding them that this was not a normal embryo transfer, since I was thawing eggs to create embryos. All of the generic paper work that was use to give patients, were labeled for FET, not egg thaw with fresh transfer. Which, always created some confusion.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I loved Dr Nackley, but I would never suggest this clinic for fertility preservation ( egg freezing). I feel the lab just does not have enough experience in this area. And when things went down hill in the lab, they did not call me or stop the process, and went ahead to continue to keep unthawing ALL my eggs, as they were not having success. I feel the lab needs to re-evaluate, their protocol for thawing eggs. If I knew they were not having success with the thaw, I would have told them to stop and would have taken my eggs to a lab that has done lots of egg thaws to make embryos. I would also suggest to any ones that had eggs at this clinic, take your eggs to a lab that has lots of experience and good success rates.
She has a chart that she used to determine how many to transfer based on age. She was only going to transfer 1
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
I froze my eggs with this clinic in 2014 with vitrification. I went to thaw my eggs to make embryos in 2019, and none of my eggs survived the thaw. The lab did not have a good protocol for when this happened. I only got a call after they thawed all eggs with no success. I feel they should have called at some point to tell me they were not having success. I would have taken the rest of my frozen eggs to another lab/clinic that has done lots of egg thaws with a good success rate. I also feel this clinic just not have lots of experience in egg freezing/thaw and would suggest others to look at a different clinic for fertility preservation.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
During some visits it’s obvious to see that the RE [Dr. Anna Chan Nackley] is very busy and doesn’t really have time for your questions, which was very important to me. I have had appointments on other days where it’s not like this, but you never know what you’ll get...I like that Nackley understood our time constraints and was able to get us tested for numerous things while we were there. She has a plan of action in mind as soon as you visit her. However, we ended up proceeding with IUI as she recommended. It was unsuccessful, and we did not see our RE during the whole process.
The facility [CARE Fertility] feels like a business. You are rushed in and out, and it operates like a well oiled machine. I’m not sure if it’s due to my RE, but rather the facility and how they run it. During some visits it’s obvious to see that the RE is very busy and doesn’t really have time for your questions, which was very important to me. I have had appointments on other days where it’s not like this, but you never know what you’ll get. In addition, we experienced an issue at this clinic where they didn't follow procedure. It has not been resolved, and made it very difficult to speak with our RE.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I like that Nackley understood our time constraints and was able to get us tested for numerous things while we were there. She has a plan of action in mind as soon as you visit her. However, we ended up proceeding with IUI as she recommended. It was unsuccessful, and we did not see our RE during the whole process. It felt like the procedure wasn't regarded in a high manner because it wasn't as costly as IVF. The nurses made a mistake during our IUI, and did not offer to combine 2 samples as my husband's count was lower than normal. At this clinic, protocol is to offer this. They did not offer this to us, and did not even tell us my husbands counts until right before I was inseminated. They were supposed to do both those things before our IUI. When we were finally able to get ahold of Nackley, she did listen to our concerns. She promised to get us in contact with the Dr. Doody (owner of clinic) so that we could find resolution and hopefully get a refund or another IUI for free. She also promised that she would look into clinical trials for IVF for us. She DID NOT follow through with either of these promises. I called the clinic MULTIPLE times. She knows we are leaving this state soon, so I believe they are avoiding us until we move. In addition, she refused to test my progesterone as she doesn’t believe it really will show anything until your pregnant. She also refused to test for the MTHFR and a thyroid panel. Both are things I would have like to be tested for. I had to go elsewhere to get my progesterone tested and receive progesterone to take after ovulation. I felt like the doctor rushed us into having our only options be IUI or IVF. She would not give us the option of doing medicated cycles before jumping into these procedures. With our history of conceiving, it didn’t feel right and I couldn’t help but wonder if she was doing this for our best interest, or if there were different motives.
I would not recommend doing IVF or IUI here. With the amount of mistakes made during our IUI, I wouldn't trust them with IVF. Trust your gut, ask questions and be afraid to advocate for yourself.
The facility feels like a business. You are rushed in and out, and it operates like a well oiled machine. I’m not sure if it’s due to my RE, but rather the facility and how they run it. During some visits it’s obvious to see that the RE is very busy and doesn’t really have time for your questions, which was very important to me. I have had appointments on other days where it’s not like this, but you never know what you’ll get. In addition, we experienced an issue at this clinic where they didn't follow procedure. It has not been resolved, and made it very difficult to speak with our RE.
IUI with 50mg of clomid, 4 dominant follicles, ultrasounds for monitoring cycle day 3, 9, 12, and 16 (confirming ovulation). Day 16 we had our insemination. Anna Nackley was not around for any of the IUI procedures. Multiple blood tests for: clotting disorders, AMH, insulin/diabetes, karyotype (both), thyroid (TSH), hormones (husband) Everything came back normal except for a blood clotting issue, referred to hematologists. Semen Analysis (husband): Count was low, not real treatments except for the option of IUI/IVF HSG and Hysteroscopy-to see if uterus was normal, it was
They get the job done, but seem overwhelmed. Some nurses are very kind and caring. Others are very short and do not have time for your questions/or make you feel silly for asking questions. When we had our IUI, the nurses were the ones that made the mistake with the IUI/didn't follow protocol. The nurse who made this mistake was very kind and was apologetic. However, she had no power to do anything to bring resolution.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
If something goes wrong with your procedure, don't expect the clinic to try and resolve the issue. They will push you along, since they don't need your business. To them, you are simply a number. I had experience talking to the office manager, the clinic manager, and a few other people within the clinic. They did not offer resolution to the problem, and were not very compassionate or caring. They are able to get you in quick. They know how to get this done efficiently. It feels like a business, and I don’t really like how they have other people come in to tell you how much your next treatments may cost. It felt a little overwhelming and I still felt unsure of what I really needed to have done, and was reluctant to agree.
We were covered for most of the testing by insurance. We had to pay 200 out of pocket for an additional test. We paid 1,000 for our IUI (that is because we also paid for the trigger shot and clomid). For everything additional, it’ll be out of pocket. 1,000 for IUI.
Not sure what they do for that. I'm pretty sure they only transfer one embryo at a time if you're under 35.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
Our insurance does not cover fertility treatments, and we pay out of pocket for these expensive treatments. We decided to proceed with IUI. This procedure failed, and I did not end up pregnant. After finding this out, I called to see what our next steps were to begin our family. When talking to a few medical people from CARE on the phone, I discovered CARE did not follow protocol when administering the IUI. Here's what went wrong (they have admitted to their mistakes, with no resolution): 1. When my husband brought his sperm sample to the person who processes it, they did not tell him the amount of sperm in that collection. Instead, they asked him to verify if it belonged to him. We found out my husbands count right before I was getting inseminated. The count was very low, and we were surprised as this was the first we had heard of this. Later, after the procedure (during my phone call) I found out that we were supposed to be notified of his sperm count a few minutes after he had delivered his sample, hours before our insemination. 2. We found out that when counts are below 2 million, it is protocol for CARE to offer a second sample and combine the sample, making a larger sample. They did not offer this, and we feel this could have made a difference. In the very least, we should have had every single option for success. That was not given to us. They also forgot to call and tell me about one of my blood test results before the appointment, but it wasn’t a huge deal.
Bedford

She [Dr. Kathleen Doody] wanted me to use Clomid and IUI. Her rationale is that I am not ovulating and that clomid makes you ovulate but makes it hard for sperm to make it to the egg. She said that she takes care of that by doing an IUI at the same time. She wanted to me to take clomid with a trigger shot and then use IUI in my first cycle. She also said that I needed to remain on birth control when I wasn’t in a treatment cycle...
I spent about $1,000 just on testing [at CARE Fertility]...They don’t communicate results in the most compassionate way. They just tell you matter of fact, and don’t really explain what results mean if you don’t ask the right questions. When I got my HSG and scoping done, they never actually told me what they found or saw, they just said that it was time to go to IUI...They [the nurses] were very informative and treated me like a person the whole time. They understood where I was emotionally and didn’t rush or pressure me in anyway
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
She was very detailed about the information of my PCOS diagnosis and how she wanted to treat me. My main complaint is that she is unwilling to take small steps in order to help me get pregnant, she wanted to jump straight to expensive treatments because it’s how they operate there. From what I understood, her way is more successful more often, but financial is extremely expensive.
Ask more questions and don’t leave before they are answered.
She explained everything to me very clearly and took notes for me so I would understand. She listened and validated my concerns. I appreciated how she talked to me and made everything clear to me. She also didn’t rush me through the process.
She wanted me to use Clomid and IUI. Her rationale is that I am not ovulating and that clomid makes you ovulate but makes it hard for sperm to make it to the egg. She said that she takes care of that by doing an IUI at the same time. She wanted to me to take clomid with a trigger shot and then use IUI in my first cycle. She also said that I needed to remain on birth control when I wasn’t in a treatment cycle.
They were very informative and treated me like a person the whole time. They understood where I was emotionally and didn’t rush or pressure me in anyway.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I spent about $1,000 just on testing for her. The treatment cycle that she wanted me to do would be an additional $1,000. This is probably because my insurance is awful and doesn’t cover it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
They simply didn’t actually communicate results when I had tests done. They didn’t give me any info other than what treatment they wanted to pursue.
Bedford

when beginning the IVF process, my husband and I were under the understanding we were doing Effortless IVF because it’s all we had talked about with her [Dr. Kathleen Doody]. Side note: she’s a huge proponent of Effortless. It wasn’t until we saw the financial consultant at the end of our appointment that we learned we were not good candidates for it. It was frustrating that she did not inform us of this when we were in consult with her. My husband does not think she has a warm bedside manner, and this bothers him. I prefer my doctors to be direct, so I appreciate her candidness. She is very straightforward when she is communicating. She seems to really know what she’s doing, which is why I stayed with her.
It seems they [nurses at CARE Fertility] aren’t very good at updating charts so everyone knows what is happening...Communication is lacking sometimes...day of egg retrieval, I was told to start Estrace day 1 of my cycle. At my first appointment to begin FET cycle, the nurse did not know I had started taking it and was confused that I had. She then did not inform the doctor that I was taking it. The doctor thought my estradiol levels were too high and wanted to cancel my cycle. After I informed her I was taking the Estrace, we proceeded with cycle.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
My biggest issue with Dr. Doody is that I don’t feel like communication is always clear. For example, when beginning the IVF process, my husband and I were under the understanding we were doing Effortless IVF because it’s all we had talked about with her. Side note: she’s a huge proponent of Effortless. It wasn’t until we saw the financial consultant at the end of our appointment that we learned we were not good candidates for it. It was frustrating that she did not inform us of this when we were in consult with her. My husband does not think she has a warm bedside manner, and this bothers him. I prefer my doctors to be direct, so I appreciate her candidness. She is very straightforward when she is communicating. She seems to really know what she’s doing, which is why I stayed with her.
Be proactive in your communication-don’t wait for her to tell you something
I always feel very rushed when I’m with the doctor.
Before seeing Dr. Doody, I had 7 unsuccessful IUIs at another clinic. She decided we needed to live straight to IVF, which I appreciated because I was over IUIs. I have an endometrioma on each ovary, but there has been no intervention for these. The plan was for a fresh transfer. I started with 20 units of Lupron for 8 days. Then 10 units of Lupron, 2 vials of Menopur, and 75 units of Gonal-f for 9 days. I started my period in the middle of this so we decided to do a FET but planned to proceed with retrieval. Retrieval resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized, and one frozen.
The nurses have been great. They take their time and listen to my concerns. They were especially great on the day of egg retrieval. My only complaint is lack of communication. For example, post-op nurse told me to start Estrace on first day of my cycle. I went in for first appointment to prepare for FET and that nurse didn’t know I was on the medication and was confused about why I had already started. Doctor called later that day to cancel my FET cycle because my estradiol levels were too high. She didn’t know I had already started the medication either. It seems they aren’t very good at updating charts so everyone knows what is happening.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is clean and in a convenient location. They have an in house lab, so there’s no need for them to send your bloodwork somewhere for results. Egg retrieval is also done in the same office. The front staff is courteous. There isn’t a ton of privacy. The consult “rooms” are cubicles, so you can see and hear financial discussions and other conversations (exam rooms are very private). For pre-op, you’re separated by the other person by a thin curtain so you hear each other’s medical history.
My insurance covered all of the testing we needed prior to IVF. IVF cycle was around $9,000, excluding medications. Effortless IVF is much more cost effective, but I did not meet criteria for that.
For me, she recommended single embryo transfer. She believes the risks to multiple outweigh any potential benefit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
Communication is lacking sometimes. I described this in a previous question, but day of egg retrieval, I was told to start Estrace day 1 of my cycle. At my first appointment to begin FET cycle, the nurse did not know I had started taking it and was confused that I had. She then did not inform the doctor that I was taking it. The doctor thought my estradiol levels were too high and wanted to cancel my cycle. After I informed her I was taking the Estrace, we proceeded with cycle.

2017 - 2019
Dr.Nackley always took the time to explain the process and how we were to adjust if thing were not working as planned. She allowed me to be part of the discussion in making the treatment plan. ... Dr. Nackley evaluated thyroid levels, hormone levels, and ultrasounds during theses procedures. She recommended time off and weight loss after the last anovulatory cycle.
Strengths: Compassion, up front staff makes you feel welcome, clinic [Ctr for Assist Repro] is clean and a comfortable environment Weakness: the loss of the patient portal (it was much easier to communicate with the portal, I miss it) ... All [nurses] were professional and easy to communicate with. ... Timed IUI was ~$850. Medicated IUI ~$950. Consultation fee ~$90.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I enjoyed working with Dr. Nackley. She showed compassion and understanding at every turn. I have medical knowledge and she always spoke to me as if I did but never left thing unexplained. She seems very knowledgeable in her profession and therefore exudes a confidence that helps me feel at ease as her patient. She was gentle during procedures and tried to help me stay comfortable while they were performed.
Write down your question so you don’t forget to ask them. There is so much to think aboiy and that is covered during consults it’s easy to forget your questions.
Dr.Nackley always took the time to explain the process and how we were to adjust if thing were not working as planned. She allowed me to be part of the discussion in making the treatment plan. And she always took time to answer my questions.
during my initial consult a ovarian cyst was found therefore I was scheduled to have it removed right away. A couple months after that we started my first timed IUI cycle which went as expected but did not end in pregnancy. 1 or 2 more timed IUI cycles were attempted but I did not ovulate. Another timed IUI. Yale was attempted with a round of provera and clomid. This cycle was also anovulatory. Dr. Nackley evaluated thyroid levels, hormone levels, and ultrasounds during theses procedures. She recommended time off and weight loss after the last anovulatory cycle. We are now in talks to start IVF because I am not ovulating normally.
All were professional and easy to communicate with.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Compassion, up front staff makes you feel welcome, clinic is clean and a comfortable environment Weakness: the loss of the patient portal (it was much easier to communicate with the portal, I miss it)
Timed IUI was ~$850. Medicated IUI ~$950. Consultation fee ~$90.
Bedford

He [Dr. Kevin Doody] answered all my questions and I had a lot. He answered them slowly, carefully, and without pushing me. His answers also seemed better and more advanced than other drs I talked to, more up to date on current research. I didn't see him much during the actual stims process, so I was a bit nervous to have him do my first ultrasound when I was pregnant. However, that was all for nothing as he made me feel super comfortable, laughed, at ease, etc.
Getting set up to be a new patient or for the new patient consult [at CARE Fertility] was a bit challenging. There are times I almost forgot the consult because the process wasn't easy. However, once I had the consult I'm so glad I pushed through the process. Almost everything else about that clinic was absolutely fantastic!! The only other thing that needs improvement is the medical assistants. Horrible at drawing blood.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin Doody was fantastic. I had a previous failed cycle at another clinic and also had several consultations with several different doctors. I was blown away with how great his consult was. He was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and confident. He always made me feel at ease and suggested options other drs hadn't.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Definitely give their clinic a shot. Their prices are very reasonable and their success rates are very high.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin was FANTASTIC during the consultation. He answered all my questions and I had a lot. He answered them slowly, carefully, and without pushing me. His answers also seemed better and more advanced than other drs I talked to, more up to date on current research. I didn't see him much during the actual stims process, so I was a bit nervous to have him do my first ultrasound when I was pregnant. However, that was all for nothing as he made me feel super comfortable, laughed, at ease, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee Ann)
My nurse was excellent. I was however extremely disappointed with the medical assistants. Of the 3, 2 were not good at drawing blood. If I had one of them, I knew I was in for several pokes. I feel like someone doing this position should be excellent at this task.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Getting set up to be a new patient or for the new patient consult was a bit challenging. There are times I almost forgot the consult because the process wasn't easy. However, once I had the consult I'm so glad I pushed through the process. Almost everything else about that clinic was absolutely fantastic!! The only other thing that needs improvement is the medical assistants. Horrible at drawing blood.
Describe Kevin Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr Doody only allows single embryo transfer unless you are over a certain age. I was a bit disappointed with this because at some point I may want to transfer two...but that was mostly because my my lack of success from my previous clinic.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Doody] tried to make sure we understood everything in full. He was very knowledgeable and made an effort to understand where my husband and I were coming from. When the cycle failed, he brought us in to go over the details. Unfortunately, it could have been any number of reasons why it failed. Therefore, he couldn’t give us A specific reason. It’s completely understandable. There were any number of reasons that could have been the culprit.
Strengths are that the Clinic [CARE Fertility] is extremely organized and well-run. You know what to expect at every visit and step in the process...I did produce 24 eggs, however only 1 survived to freezing stage. Testing could not produce answers as to why the eggs and embryos did not survive...IVF was approximately $8,600 with medications running about $4,500. Husbands sperm aspiration was another $3,500 and donor sperm ran about $800 with storage included in that cost.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He tried to make sure we understood everything in full. He was very knowledgeable and made an effort to understand where my husband and I were coming from. When the cycle failed, he brought us in to go over the details. Unfortunately, it could have been any number of reasons why it failed. Therefore, he couldn’t give us A specific reason. It’s completely understandable. There were any number of reasons that could have been the culprit.
He doesn’t make much small talk, if you want that go somewhere else. He gives results.
Kevin and his staff were very personable. Although it could feel like a “process” going in and out, they tried to make my husband and I as comfortable as possible.
Describe the protocols Kevin Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I responded to very minimal medications and dosages. We used IVF due to my husbands sperm aspiration. ICSI was used as well. I did produce 24 eggs, however only 1 survived to freezing stage. Testing could not produce answers as to why the eggs and embryos did not survive.
Amazing. There was only one nurse that I didn’t care for. She was good at her job, however I did not care for her bedside manner.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths are that the Clinic is extremely organized and well-run. You know what to expect at every visit and step in the process. The only weakness is more of a personal one...it is situated almost 3.5 hours away and it made the trips to and from a little tedious.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.
He has as a specific amount he will transfer based on age and various conditions. It was explained in detail with sufficient rationale provided.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Doody didn’t ever make us feel as our concerns, questions or comments were irrational or stupid. He explained things clearly and gave “if it were me type recommendations”. He showed compassion and explained what previous doctors didn’t....We used clomid for all 3 IUI cycles, we used the highest dosage of 3 injectibles for both IVF cycles to get as many viable follicles/eggs as possible. I had a handful of follicles for each IUI cycle, but none of them resulted in a pregnancy and Dr. Doody didn’t expect it to, but we had to have 3 failed IUIs for insurance to cover IVF.
The clinic [CARE Fertility] is open everyday except 2 days a year. They are able to accommodate you if you need a really quick appointment turnaround. Some processes aren’t always clear, so if they would take the time to explain steps for the embryo donation program again if it’s been awhile since that option was discussed and not chosen the first time this option was provided.... Nikki was always positive and smiling anytime we met with her. She answered questions and ensured we always understood next steps. Her positivity was contagious at a very trying time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Ask any questions you want as he will answer honestly.
Dr. Doody is very caring and always answered our questions honestly and was willing to explore our treatment choices.
We used clomid for all 3 IUI cycles, we used the highest dosage of 3 injectibles for both IVF cycles to get as many viable follicles/eggs as possible. I had a handful of follicles for each IUI cycle, but none of them resulted in a pregnancy and Dr. Doody didn’t expect it to, but we had to have 3 failed IUIs for insurance to cover IVF. I had a previous doctor deplete my ovarian reserve by drilling on my ovaries thinking I had PCOS when I had no symptoms. She was only supposed to unblock a tube and remove mild endometriosis scar tissue. She didn’t discuss ovarian drilling or PCOS until after the surgery. Therefore the chance of IUI being successful were slim. We did two IVF cycles and only 1 of the 6 eggs retrieved made it to transfer. After the drilling at 38 I had the egg quantity of a 45 year old and had normal AMH/FH levels before the surgery. Due to the depleted reserve Dr Doody is now recommending Embryo donation and we are currently on the waiting list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Not assigned, but we love Nikki)
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is open everyday except 2 days a year. They are able to accommodate you if you need a really quick appointment turnaround. Some processes aren’t always clear, so if they would take the time to explain steps for the embryo donation program again if it’s been awhile since that option was discussed and not chosen the first time this option was provided.
My insurance pays 80/20 until deductible met. We’ve spent about 8k out of pocket so far in our infertility journey.
Dr Doody’s policy for my age is single embryo transfer to minimize risks.
Bedford

We actually only met with Mr Doody before everything began. We never saw him again during treatments because he was always traveling and out of the country. We liked him when we met with him which was why we wanted him to be our doctor, but it would have been nice to know we would never see him again... We only had one embryo to transfer so we didn’t have another choice... but he only does one at a time
My experience with their [CARE Fertility's] nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility.
Go somewhere else
There was no personal care whatsoever... the nurses were the worst and made you feel like an idiot anytime you had a question
They never explained to me my protocol. I feel like they use the same protocol for every single patient. There were actually times I would call and talk to a nurse and she would ask me what protocol I was on. Ummm shouldn’t you know that? I feel like they let a lot slip and I wasn’t responding like I was supposed to but instead of actually having conversation with me about it they just moved along and then did the transfer anyway because I was apparently taking the meds for the allotted time. News to me.
My experience with their nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility. They gave me some medicine at one point because I had to continue my treatments and I didn’t have any meds left for that evening before getting more overnighted. That nurse was so sweet and just told me to come pick it up. The other nurses told me that I had “used meds for cancer patients and that I needed to replenish their stock” They repeatedly made me cry and feel horrible during the process. They really need to get new nurses that actually have a heart and care for their patients.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Nice waiting room... not very organized though. They sent my husband to collections because of a $200 bill after we had paid them 15k... their front counter staff was pretty nice. Honestly just nothing to rave about
We probably paid around 10k to their office plus medications
Bedford

She [Dr. Thomas] is nice but I don’t feel like I’m her focus when she is with me.... I did three frozen embryo transfers and nothing was changed each transfer. We did the same medications, same everything. Nothing changed. She wanted to do a 4th transfer without changing anything in my protocol....I didn’t feel like I was important. I felt like I was just another patient being seen that day, hurry up and get the sonogram over with.
I was never able to talk to the nurses [CARE Fertility - Bedford] on the first try. I always had to leave a message and have them call me back a day later....I was having bleeding during my frozen embryo transfer and I was telling the nurses about it and they told me that everything was fine. This was not being communicated with my doctor.... They lied on their documentation. I was having bleeding right before my embryo transfer and they charted that everything was normal and that I wasn’t having bleeding.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
I did three frozen embryo transfers and nothing was changed each transfer. We did the same medications, same everything. Nothing changed. She wanted to do a 4th transfer without changing anything in my protocol. Obviously if I haven’t gotten pregnant after three failed transfers...it isn’t working and something needs to change.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
She is nice but I don’t feel like I’m her focus when she is with me. She always has an excuse for everything and always seems like she is distracted. I feel like I have wasted $20,000 at their clinic...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robin Thomas used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
All three of my frozen embryo transfers included birth control for about 2 weeks, and then lupron injections, adding in estrogen pills (6mg/day) and then lastly progesterone 1ml/day. The highest my living ever got was 8mm and nothing was ever changed to help my lining be thicker. I had bleeding in my last two transfers, I was even bleeding 2 days before my embryo transfer and was told that it was normal. We transferred 1 embryo the first time, 1 embryo the second time, and 2 embryos the second time. None of which resulted in a pregnancy. My doctor wanted to do a 4th Transfer and wasn’t changing any of my medications or running any additional tests.
I was never able to talk to the nurses on the first try. I always had to leave a message and have them call me back a day later. They lied on their documentation. I was having bleeding right before my embryo transfer and they charted that everything was normal and that I wasn’t having bleeding.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I was never able to talk with a nurse or the clinical coordinator when I called. You always have to leave a voice mail and mostly likely they will call back a day later. A strength is that I never had to wait long in the waiting room or in the exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility.
Clinic fee of $7500 for IVF with $5300 additional cost for medications. Frozen embryo transfer cost of $2500 with $500-700 additional cost for medications.
Describe Robin Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfers if you are young and have good quality embryos. However after two failed frozen embryo transfers, I was allowed to transfer 2 embryos for my third transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
I was having bleeding during my frozen embryo transfer and I was telling the nurses about it and they told me that everything was fine. This was not being communicated with my doctor. After my third failed embryo transfer I asked my doctor if she knew about the bleeding. She didn’t know about it and told me that she would have canceled my transfer if she had known. So not only am I out thousands of dollars, 3 embryos lost, and countless hours spent driving to Fort Worth because things were not being communicated to my doctor.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility.

I liked Dr. Nackley. I think she did a good job explaining things and talked to me in terms I could understand. She also speaks in a very calm and comforting manner.....But I only saw Dr. Nackley on days with an “important” appointment. Last appointment before retrieval, (didn’t see her on retrieval day), and transfer day. I would have loved more interaction with my doctor.... My Fallopian tubes were completely blocked. Due to them being swollen and infected (a result of a ruptured appendix) Dr. Nackley suggested we remove them. That all went great. Dr. Nackley did the surgery and we were pleased
For the most part, the clinic [CARE Fertility] was great. They have an office in Bedford and in Fort Worth, Texas. It would have been nice to know in the beginning that the majority of our appointments would be at the Bedford location (which is about 45 minuets from our house). This is not a complaint, just would have been nice to know. Overall, the clinic was great. Clean, run nicely, fairly easy to communicate with, etc.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I liked Dr. Nackley. I think she did a good job explaining things and talked to me in terms I could understand. She also speaks in a very calm and comforting manner. But... I saw the actual doctor few times. Only when something went wrong or the last appointment before the retrieval (did not see her on retrieval day) and then on transfer day. When you’re going to the doctor multiple times a week, I was assuming I’d develop a close relationship with my doctor, but I didn’t get that at all.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment. Or even every other.
I can’t say anything bad about Dr. Nackley or the Clinic. The nurses/nurse practitioners were fantastic. But I only saw Dr. Nackley on days with an “important” appointment. Last appointment before retrieval, (didn’t see her on retrieval day), and transfer day. I would have loved more interaction with my doctor. Not just the nurses.
My Fallopian tubes were completely blocked. Due to them being swollen and infected (a result of a ruptured appendix) Dr. Nackley suggested we remove them. That all went great. Dr. Nackley did the surgery and we were pleased. IVF was our only option. We began that process last year. Apparently my eggs are slow growers so my retrieval was pushed back a week and my stimulation medications were upped to maximum dosage. We retrieved 16 eggs, but half of them were not mature. Of the 8 that fertilized, half were very fragmented. We only got 3 embryos from 16 eggs. We did a 5 day fresh transfer with 1 embryo (this particular clinic prefers to do single embryo transfers). The embryo did not take. We waited for a bit to jump into our next transfer. Dr. Nackley decided to let us transfer both of our remaining embryos since one was poorer quality. We went through shots and multiple appointments again and found out on the morning of our second embryo transfer that neither of our remaining embryos survived the thawing process even though we were given an 85-90% chance of a successful thaw. We were (still are) absolutely devastated that we have zero embryos left. And were told that there is no rhyme or reason as to why our two embryos failed to thaw properly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicki Ingram (I think))
The nursing staff was fantastic. I saw them at 90% of my appointments and most of them were friendly and personable. Personally, as someone who has struggled with medical related anxiety for a long time, the friendly, outgoing nurses made all the difference in the world.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
For the most part, the clinic was great. They have an office in Bedford and in Fort Worth, Texas. It would have been nice to know in the beginning that the majority of our appointments would be at the Bedford location (which is about 45 minuets from our house). This is not a complaint, just would have been nice to know. Overall, the clinic was great. Clean, run nicely, fairly easy to communicate with, etc.
I don’t remember everything we paid before we got to the IVF process. I know it was several hundred dollars. We pain $12,800 upfront for IVF. We had to pay $250 (approximately) for both my husband and I to do genetic testing bloodwork prior to the egg retrieval (this was self pay, we denied insurance coverage because the cost would have been $800+). Then we paid around $5,000 for the stimulation meds for our first round. Our costs for the frozen embryo transfer was $2,600 up front. And about $1,300 for medications.
Our doctor/clinic only does single embryo transfers unless there are special circumstances. I will always wonder if we would have transferred two on our first transfer if 1 would have stuck. But we weren’t given the option.
Bedford

The clinic [CARE Fertility] really knows how to make you feel good in some aspect. They dont listen to you especially the head dr. The compassion is not there when you need it especially. There is a psychologist on site but you really have to push to talk to them. We weren't even offered the service after our miscarriage. They are all about the money and when is the next time they can get it. It definitely lacks compassion and team work.
Native American, Other
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Overall dr. Thomas has great bedside manner. I don't believe she knew enough about my condition to be able to really help us out. Her explanations were thorough however, when something worked she did not stick with it. I explained to her my concerns our last transfer and I felt I wasn't heard as I know my body. I knew I was starting my period and she didnt listen as well as a yeast infection uti spotting all right up until the day before transfer. My lining shrunk. Just disappointed
Make sure that you always go with your gut and don't let your vulnerability get the best of you.
After each cycle was completed and failed even after miscarriage the first thing that was said is "when you are ready it's another x amount of money. Give us call then."
Drug protocol 1st and 2nd time. Just estrace and progesterone. 1 by mouth and 2 vaginally. 2nd cycle ended in a pregnancy but miscarried shortly after. 3rd was lupron protocol which I disagree with. If it's not broke dont fix it kind of thing. The last protocol worked.
It was hit and miss with each nurse. Never had the same one.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic really knows how to make you feel good in some aspect. They dont listen to you especially the head dr. The compassion is not there when you need it especially. There is a psychologist on site but you really have to push to talk to them. We weren't even offered the service after our miscarriage. They are all about the money and when is the next time they can get it. It definitely lacks compassion and team work.
8500 to start then 2600 for every transfer after.
She wouldn't let me transfer my last 3 embryos as they were all unfrozen day of transfer due to a mix up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
Day of my last transfer I was planning on transferring 2. I received a phone call while I was on my volume and was told that 1 of my embryos did not survive. After going to the clinic to get ready to transfer my embryos they informed me that it did survive in all my embryos were thawer out but some were not great quality. So therefore I had 4 embryos I could not transfer I could only transfer to. They were not kind about it. Also the protocol that was used in my last cycle I don't think was the appropriate protocol and I describe that to my doctor and she didn't listen. I knew I had ovulated many weeks before transfer and they told me that I was making it out. Then I started spotting like I normally would when I start my period. She described it it was just irritation however that was not the case. 2 days after I transferred I started my full flow period.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Thomas was kind and very knowledgeable. Although our IVF was unsuccessful she did explain the risk of moving forward with only 2 follicles. I was unhappy that she did not call ahead of time to notify us that the 1 embryo did not make it to day 5. We drove 2 hours just to be told we had nothing to transfer. It felt insensitive given the drive home was tearful and extremely emotional.... Lupron Flare protocol for low amh & high fsh. We used gonal f but not sure of the dosage.
Original the clinic [CARE Fertility] was pleasant especially Ft Worth location. Once they seemed to be pushing Effortless IVF it became so busy especially in the Bedford location it felt we were cattle. They herded you in and out as quickly as possible. We were much happier in the beginning.... When inquiring on the donor program we got different information more than once. And most importantly they never mentioned not having any Caucasian donors at the time until after we paid a $1500 non refundable fee. Once I brought it to their attention they said it was non refundable. I had to throw a fit to get a call back and eventually a refund.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
As with any medical treatments be your own advocate. Dr Thomas seemed to not have much say other than exactly what was set out by the medical director. They have strict day 5 only transfers and will not budge, regardless of how many embryos you have.
Dr Thomas was very kind and spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis and our options.
There was one nurse in particular I believe her name was Nikki, we really liked her. She was thorough and fun to work with. The others rotated each visit.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Original the clinic was pleasant especially Ft Worth location. Once they seemed to be pushing Effortless IVF it became so busy especially in the Bedford location it felt we were cattle. They herded you in and out as quickly as possible. We were much happier in the beginning.
Clinic fees were $8500 & meds were about $6000.
Under 35 patients can only transfer 1 at a time.
Bedford

Dr. Doody bedside manner was rather cold. I tried my best to have grace for her but my husband was not impressed...spoke very quickly with what seemed to be in compassion. She’s very blunt so if you don’t care about warm and fuzzy you might like her...My tubes were blocked so the plan was to open them up and try that and if that didn’t work pursue IVF. Once in surgery one tube was opened and another was removed. After the surgery I was hoping to get pregnant naturally but nothing happened. I didn’t feel like pursuing IVF with Care Fertility so my husband and I took a 3 year break.
I transferred to another clinic and I need my lab results to be sent over and they [staff at CARE Fertility] were REALLY rude over the phone about using different method besides fax because theirs wasn’t working...The nursing staff was easy-going and kind. I think the reason we feel like it wasn’t the best experience is because when [Dr. Doody] explained what would happen in the surgery and then when I came out it was two different things. It just threw us off and we hadn’t developed enough of a relationship to trust her. So it felt weird. I just wish we understood more and didn’t feel like it was all about the money.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody spoke very quickly with what seemed to be in compassion. She’s very blunt so if you don’t care about warm and fuzzy you might like her but for me I really wanted a doctor that would have empathy and not treat me like a number.
Ask questions don’t just nod your head if you don’t understand.
They were kind and accessible. When I had to have a few test done they made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Front desk person was okay. Dr.Doody was thorough but lacked visible compassion. The nursing staff was easy-going and kind. I think the reason we feel like it wasn’t the best experience is because when Dr. Kathy explained what would happen in the surgery and then when I came out it was two different things. It just threw us off and we hadn’t developed enough of a relationship to trust her. So it felt weird. I just wish we understood more and didn’t feel like it was all about the money.
Luckily my insurance covered most of it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
I transferred to another clinic and I need my lab results to be sent over and they were REALLY rude over the phone about using different method besides fax because theirs wasn’t working. Poor customer service is not my fav especially for something so sensitive. When families have to endure this journey the last thing they want to deal with is sassy people on the phone.
Bedford

Dr. Nackley has a great bedside manner, she's patient and is willing to answer any question that may come up. She is also ready to be as aggressive as you want to be in your treatment, understanding that it's your time and money at stake...Understand that she does everything in her power to help you with a positive outcome, and that it may not happen on the first time. Just be cautiously optimistic!...
[Ctr for Assist Repro - Bedford clinic] Strengths - great doctors and nurses. Most of the nurses have been there for years and know the ins and outs of fertility treatment, so they make you very comfortable in the process. Weakness - Front Desk, the ladies here sometimes aren't the nicest...Each IUI was about $1,000 (not including medication). The IVF/ICSI was about $9,000 and medicine was almost $5,000 (most insurance companies do not cover Fertility Treatments). The FET was about $2,500 and medicine was about $200...
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Going through infertility is very difficult and very lonely. The staff at CARE is very understanding of this and do their best to walk you through the process.
We were dealing with male factor infertility, so we started out with an IUI cycle with Clomid. After two IUIs and no positive result, we moved onto IVF with ICSI. I was on Menopur, GonalF, and Follistim I believe. We retrieved 11 eggs of which about 7 fertilized. 4 made it to day 5 and we transferred 2, which resulted in our beautiful baby girl! We are now on our second FET cycle. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
The IVF nurses are awesome! Very compassionate and understanding. After my chemical pregnancy, the entire staff was very compassionate.

2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr Kathleen Doody] is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
Dr. Doody [at CARE Fertility] always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner...Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles...Scheduling is easy and staff always contacts back promptly. The frequency of visits sucks, but so does infertility and it is just par for the course. They always do med training and are thorough with running tests.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is thorough and educated me about my diagnosis. She guided me through my treatment plan and explained why each step was necessary and gave me "if I were you" guidance as to my options and treatment plan. I always felt comfortable with her and found her to be compassionate. She is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
I wasted my time with two other fertility doctors before Dr. Kathy. I saw them because of commercials on the radio I heard, or because a peer informed they had success with them. I never really felt comfortable with either of them, but I stayed because I was hopeful and because i was so new to the journey, i was uneducated. My one piece of advice is see Dr. Kathy first! You will feel comfortable and be in good hands.
Dr. Doody always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner. We lost our daughter full-term due to a cord accident 3 days before her birth (btw, you need stillborn as an option on your outcome list, I was forced to pick "live-birth singleton.") after 4 ivf rounds (2 with Dr. Doody) and 3 fet's. She called me and supported me and went above and beyond to connect me with a support system. She is ethical and wonderful. She cares about the "whole person" not just your medical information.
I went through so many cycles i dont remember the specifics. I have been trying to have a baby for 5 years. I took Menopur, Progesterone in Oil, trigger shots of Ovidrel, Prednisone, i think Fermera. And many more. Dr, Kathy's clinic gives you a very clear calendar indicating each thing you are supposed to take and when and it is fairly easy to follow. If you get tripped up on the calendar, I always call and nurse helps me to answer my question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles. After my daughter was stillborn, I came to do my final FET and Nikki hugged me and comforted me as I cried about burying my baby. The staff genuinely care and are like family. They are always behind you rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
Monitoring appts where just like scheduling any other appointment. It was very normal and you just scheduled it before you left each appointment.
I spent $20,000 on a MaxCare plan where I have multiple cycles of IVF in a 365 day period. Medications were extra, all appts. covered. i had a surgery to remove fibroids and endometriosis, it was covered by insurance.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kevin [Doody] is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
I can't help but compare my experience at CARE fertility with that at the first clinic I went to. There are a billion reasons why I feel like a human at CARE - the staff are incredibly personable and warm, we got to meet 1:1 with a nurse to show us how to use the meds (vs a group class and instructions to watch a youtube video) and 1:1 with someone from the lab who happily answered all my crazy highly-researched questions (vs never having any interaction with anyone from the lab; and being told by the doctor to stop googling things), Dr. Kevin answers my emails at all hours (vs never having direct contact with the doctor), they call us with lab results (vs using a portal). It's amazing!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kevin is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Don't hesitate to ask all your questions!
Dr. Kevin's treatment was highly personalized (compared to my first doctor) - he put me on an antagonist protocol, adjusted as we went and made some last minute decisions based on daily lab work (for example he prescribed two kinds of triggers - pregyl and lupron - and Dr. Kevin decided on trigger day which one to use based on my lab work - versus using a pre-determined medication). I felt at the center of the treatment cycle. The nurses explained every aspect of the cycle carefully - giving me demos of the medications, explaining clearly what the next steps were, etc. Another aspect of the cycle that I really appreciated was his shared-risk (MaxCare) plan - essentially you pay extra and get up to 6 cycles over the course of the year. It gives us a huge sense of security and we appreciate knowing that it's in his benefit as well as ours to have a successful cycle.
One nurse in particular is incredibly warm and friendly. All are smart and helpful with excellent bedside manner.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths - they time IVF cycles to YOUR schedule; smart staff who seem to really feel ownership over their role in the process; on top of latest research; patient-focused Weakness - they are a four hour drive from where I live (boo!)
We had costs for the initial appointment, then costs for a surgery, then we paid through their MaxCare program to cover 6 cycles over the course of one year. The prices were clear from the get-go. Nothing hidden. Nothing complicated.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications...This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
When we went to our first visit, everything was great. Dr. Doody seemed to have a plan for us to follow, explained it all very well, and made us feel very confident in each step. We moved forward with surgery to prep for IVF, then with IVF itself and two separate transfers. After each one failed, there have been no explanations except bad luck and to try again. For an appointment with the Dr. Doody, we have to wait up to 30 minutes to be seen for about 3 minutes of a conversation that doesn't really provide many answers.
Even if statistics show that you have good odds, don't let the doctor get your hopes up by saying everything looks great or expect to be that one exception to the rule. Cautious optimism.
He spoke to us about our individual case, but still provided statistics when asked for them.
To treat my blocked tube and endometriomas on my ovaries, I had laparascopic surgery to remove a tube and drain cysts in order to prep for IVF. My IVF cycle included Gonal-F and menopur with rather low doses since I responded well. We did a lupron trigger to prevent OHSS. On the day of our fresh transfer, we were told the lupron trigger may have a bad effect on my lining, but we went forward anyways (I felt like that should have been stated when we did the trigger or more than 10 minutes before transfer at least). Fresh transfer was negative; frozen transfer later resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications. They had me order way more medication than I needed, so I wish they would have suggested ordering enough for the first week and waiting to see what I would need for the second week. Or even suggesting/ordering the Gonal-F pens in a smaller quantity to take advantage of overfill. I had an extra 900 unit pen after my cycle (which cost me about $1000).
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund. The water fountains in the waiting room don't work, so it's hard to get hydrated for a blood draw if you didn't bring water with you. They were usually able to work around my schedule for quick appointments.
$8500 global fee for IVF with ICSI (even if you don't use ICSI) About $4700 in medications for the egg retrieval cycle (didn't use about $1500 of that) $2500 or so for frozen cycle about $350 in medications for frozen cycle

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Nackley has a warm bed side manner while not sugar coating what she feels is best for your family while getting the baby you want asap. She met with my husband and I at a time in our journey when we didn't want to hear we needed to jump to IVF but that is what she recommended. Nevertheless, she took our case and went as slow or fast as we were comfortable with...Given low AMH we started off with a few weeks of testosterone before starting IV meds.
CARE nurses are fantastic to women being treated at their office. At times, though, my husband, felt like a number and that the men are forgotten, and their feelings and comfort aren't a concern. They are viewed as sperm banks/machines and that is all...Strengths: during your initial visit for IVF you have 1:1 meetings with the doctor, nurse and billing coordinator. This allowed for 100% understanding of the process, what was covered vs. out of pocket and expectations.
Latino, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Be open to her recommendations. Talk it through with your partner and know that her recommendation is to get you to your end goal as soon as possible, even if it wasn't the path you thought you needed to take.
The nurses were what made the difference as you see them more than the doctor during a given cycle. CARE nurses are fantastic to women being treated at their office. At times, though, my husband, felt like a number and that the men are forgotten, and their feelings and comfort aren't a concern. They are viewed as sperm banks/machines and that is all.
Given low AMH we started off with a few weeks of testosterone before starting IV meds. IVF meds were 75 mg menopur (2 vials); 300 gonal-f; lupron (forgot dosage) daily. Ganirlex and HCG were given before retrieval. For transfer I started on progesterone in oil and estrace for a FET. Day of retrieval I was given Valium to help with calming me and avoiding uterine contractions during the transfer.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
We did PGS and transferred normal embryos so Dr. Nackley recommended transferring only one for a safer pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CARE Fertility.
After my 2nd IVF with PGS unexplained miscarriage I wanted a second opinion. The clinic's records coordinator refused to return my calls requesting copies of my files so I could get that second opinion. After speaking with the front office receptionist she sent them over within an hour.

IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kathleen Doody] and her team provided me with the care that I needed...She was caring and very compassionate for my first consultation, the second consultation i did not know what to except with my results but she explained every details. The last visit was gut wrenching because i didn’t have any mature follicles and the tech after giving her the results, she had to come and check for herself that there was none. I believe she was hoping to have at least one follicles that i can use.
The location [of CARE Fertility] is in a secluded environment, it makes it feel like you have reach your home because it’s private. The staff are very friendly and helpful ready to answer all questions. The place is clean, well maintained and kept... felt like I wasn’t fighting infertility alone but with the whole team. Everyone was compassionate and caring. I felt everyone was rooting for me to get at least get one egg to go with.
IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Just be easy on yourself , they will explain everything that you need to know even before asking your question.
She and her team provided me with the care that I needed with. I felt like I was home everyone knew my name and knew how to even say it correctly which is not always the case because my name is hard to pronounce.
12 days Gonal 225 Menopur 225 And the rest i don’t remember but i believe i was on maximum dosage
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
I felt like I wasn’t fighting infertility alone but with the whole team. Everyone was compassionate and caring. I felt everyone was rooting for me to get at least get one egg to go with.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The location is in a secluded environment, it makes it feel like you have reach your home because it’s private. The staff are very friendly and helpful ready to answer all questions. The place is clean, well maintained and kept.
Bedford

I saw Dr. Doody initially for consultation of IVF. He was warm and genuinely seemed interested in our story of trying to conceive and what we were dealing with. I saw him again at the beginning of our IVF cycle for screening, but then afterward I only saw the nurses throughout the cycle.... Dr. Doody was kind and had warm bedside manner. He has shown empathy (as any fertility doctor should). However, he isn't really seen once you start treatment. You work more with nursing staff than your actual doctor.
Clinic itself [CARE Fertility] is very clean and tidy. When you check in for an appointment, you are greeted with a tablet and not a person. Sometimes the front desk staff says hello, which is nice. I guess checking in by computer is more efficient so there are no errors. The costs of treatment here are also pretty standard.... The nurses I worked with don't really have empathy in the situation. Any questions I had about treatment or medication I was made to feel like I wasn't the brightest bulb. I feel like, if you're a nurse in a fertility clinic, you should be warm and kind
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Advice I would give to anyone wanting to see Dr. Doody is that he is a warm, caring doctor... however, once treatment begins, you will likely not see him throughout the cycle of treatment.
The nurses I worked with don't really have empathy in the situation. Any questions I had about treatment or medication I was made to feel like I wasn't the brightest bulb. I feel like, if you're a nurse in a fertility clinic, you should be warm and kind as any kind of fertility treatment is backed with a ton of emotion and stress. Unfortunately, the nurses here are hit and miss. Some are very kind, while others seem like they don't want to be there.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Clinic itself is very clean and tidy. When you check in for an appointment, you are greeted with a tablet and not a person. Sometimes the front desk staff says hello, which is nice. I guess checking in by computer is more efficient so there are no errors. The costs of treatment here are also pretty standard.