Genetic counseling: Offered
Glendale, CA 91206
Rancho Cucamonga
10837 Laurel Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?

View fewer doctors
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I love this clinic [CARE Fertility]. Before we were referred there, we did my HSG and my husband’s sperm analysis there and we always felt comfortable and well received. Once patients there, they have a “welcome” bag that has all sorts of goodies and other important information in it for therapists, etc... as they know dealing with this journey can be difficult...They’ve all been so friendly and helpful. They smile and hold your hand, laugh with you or comfort you when you’re upset. They make sure that you understand everything before you leave and if you don’t, they’re always super helpful.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I love this clinic. Before we were referred there, we did my HSG and my husband’s sperm analysis there and we always felt comfortable and well received. Once patients there, they have a “welcome” bag that has all sorts of goodies and other important information in it for therapists, etc... as they know dealing with this journey can be difficult.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
She understood that we were frustrated for trying for 2 years and no help from our OBGYN; we were looking for aggressive care to start our family and she made us feel understood.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
I love her - my husband and I deal with difficult issues with humor and I’m not sure she’s comfortable with that, but she is a great communicator and takes the time to make sure everything is understood and all questions answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
She is really great - she may seem a little standoffish but she’s amazing once you build a relationship. She’s going to be aggressive when she needs to be to get you your family journey rolling.
Describe the protocols Robin Thomas used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
We are early in our process; she recently gave me the option of full sedation for my hysteroscopy knowing I am busy and my schedule doesn’t allow much at work; this allowed her to look at my entire repro track and remove a uterine polyp we didn’t know was there. Typically she does this in the office and reschedules for anesthesia and removal at another time but she took into account my work schedule and allowed me to chose my treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility.
My insurance covered most of it, but my hysteroscopy biopsy was not ($353) and we’re headed towards IUI at $1000/medicated, assisted insemination. My husband has tricare and he paid out of pocket for his DNA semen analysis $150

2017 - 2019
Strengths: Compassion, up front staff makes you feel welcome, clinic [Ctr for Assist Repro] is clean and a comfortable environment Weakness: the loss of the patient portal (it was much easier to communicate with the portal, I miss it) ... All [nurses] were professional and easy to communicate with. ... Timed IUI was ~$850. Medicated IUI ~$950. Consultation fee ~$90.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Compassion, up front staff makes you feel welcome, clinic is clean and a comfortable environment Weakness: the loss of the patient portal (it was much easier to communicate with the portal, I miss it)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr.Nackley always took the time to explain the process and how we were to adjust if thing were not working as planned. She allowed me to be part of the discussion in making the treatment plan. And she always took time to answer my questions.
All were professional and easy to communicate with.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I enjoyed working with Dr. Nackley. She showed compassion and understanding at every turn. I have medical knowledge and she always spoke to me as if I did but never left thing unexplained. She seems very knowledgeable in her profession and therefore exudes a confidence that helps me feel at ease as her patient. She was gentle during procedures and tried to help me stay comfortable while they were performed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Write down your question so you don’t forget to ask them. There is so much to think aboiy and that is covered during consults it’s easy to forget your questions.
Describe the protocols Anna Chan Nackley used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
during my initial consult a ovarian cyst was found therefore I was scheduled to have it removed right away. A couple months after that we started my first timed IUI cycle which went as expected but did not end in pregnancy. 1 or 2 more timed IUI cycles were attempted but I did not ovulate. Another timed IUI. Yale was attempted with a round of provera and clomid. This cycle was also anovulatory. Dr. Nackley evaluated thyroid levels, hormone levels, and ultrasounds during theses procedures. She recommended time off and weight loss after the last anovulatory cycle. We are now in talks to start IVF because I am not ovulating normally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility.
Timed IUI was ~$850. Medicated IUI ~$950. Consultation fee ~$90.
Describe Anna Chan Nackley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility.

Getting set up to be a new patient or for the new patient consult [at CARE Fertility] was a bit challenging. There are times I almost forgot the consult because the process wasn't easy. However, once I had the consult I'm so glad I pushed through the process. Almost everything else about that clinic was absolutely fantastic!! The only other thing that needs improvement is the medical assistants. Horrible at drawing blood.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Getting set up to be a new patient or for the new patient consult was a bit challenging. There are times I almost forgot the consult because the process wasn't easy. However, once I had the consult I'm so glad I pushed through the process. Almost everything else about that clinic was absolutely fantastic!! The only other thing that needs improvement is the medical assistants. Horrible at drawing blood.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin was FANTASTIC during the consultation. He answered all my questions and I had a lot. He answered them slowly, carefully, and without pushing me. His answers also seemed better and more advanced than other drs I talked to, more up to date on current research. I didn't see him much during the actual stims process, so I was a bit nervous to have him do my first ultrasound when I was pregnant. However, that was all for nothing as he made me feel super comfortable, laughed, at ease, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee Ann)
My nurse was excellent. I was however extremely disappointed with the medical assistants. Of the 3, 2 were not good at drawing blood. If I had one of them, I knew I was in for several pokes. I feel like someone doing this position should be excellent at this task.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr Kevin Doody was fantastic. I had a previous failed cycle at another clinic and also had several consultations with several different doctors. I was blown away with how great his consult was. He was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and confident. He always made me feel at ease and suggested options other drs hadn't.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Definitely give their clinic a shot. Their prices are very reasonable and their success rates are very high.
Describe Kevin Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr Doody only allows single embryo transfer unless you are over a certain age. I was a bit disappointed with this because at some point I may want to transfer two...but that was mostly because my my lack of success from my previous clinic.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Strengths are that the Clinic [CARE Fertility] is extremely organized and well-run. You know what to expect at every visit and step in the process...I did produce 24 eggs, however only 1 survived to freezing stage. Testing could not produce answers as to why the eggs and embryos did not survive...IVF was approximately $8,600 with medications running about $4,500. Husbands sperm aspiration was another $3,500 and donor sperm ran about $800 with storage included in that cost.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths are that the Clinic is extremely organized and well-run. You know what to expect at every visit and step in the process. The only weakness is more of a personal one...it is situated almost 3.5 hours away and it made the trips to and from a little tedious.
Kevin and his staff were very personable. Although it could feel like a “process” going in and out, they tried to make my husband and I as comfortable as possible.
Amazing. There was only one nurse that I didn’t care for. She was good at her job, however I did not care for her bedside manner.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He tried to make sure we understood everything in full. He was very knowledgeable and made an effort to understand where my husband and I were coming from. When the cycle failed, he brought us in to go over the details. Unfortunately, it could have been any number of reasons why it failed. Therefore, he couldn’t give us A specific reason. It’s completely understandable. There were any number of reasons that could have been the culprit.
He doesn’t make much small talk, if you want that go somewhere else. He gives results.
Describe the protocols Kevin Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I responded to very minimal medications and dosages. We used IVF due to my husbands sperm aspiration. ICSI was used as well. I did produce 24 eggs, however only 1 survived to freezing stage. Testing could not produce answers as to why the eggs and embryos did not survive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility.
He has as a specific amount he will transfer based on age and various conditions. It was explained in detail with sufficient rationale provided.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic [CARE Fertility] is open everyday except 2 days a year. They are able to accommodate you if you need a really quick appointment turnaround. Some processes aren’t always clear, so if they would take the time to explain steps for the embryo donation program again if it’s been awhile since that option was discussed and not chosen the first time this option was provided.... Nikki was always positive and smiling anytime we met with her. She answered questions and ensured we always understood next steps. Her positivity was contagious at a very trying time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is open everyday except 2 days a year. They are able to accommodate you if you need a really quick appointment turnaround. Some processes aren’t always clear, so if they would take the time to explain steps for the embryo donation program again if it’s been awhile since that option was discussed and not chosen the first time this option was provided.
Dr. Doody is very caring and always answered our questions honestly and was willing to explore our treatment choices.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Not assigned, but we love Nikki)
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody didn’t ever make us feel as our concerns, questions or comments were irrational or stupid. He explained things clearly and gave “if it were me type recommendations”. He showed compassion and explained what previous doctors didn’t.
Ask any questions you want as he will answer honestly.
We used clomid for all 3 IUI cycles, we used the highest dosage of 3 injectibles for both IVF cycles to get as many viable follicles/eggs as possible. I had a handful of follicles for each IUI cycle, but none of them resulted in a pregnancy and Dr. Doody didn’t expect it to, but we had to have 3 failed IUIs for insurance to cover IVF. I had a previous doctor deplete my ovarian reserve by drilling on my ovaries thinking I had PCOS when I had no symptoms. She was only supposed to unblock a tube and remove mild endometriosis scar tissue. She didn’t discuss ovarian drilling or PCOS until after the surgery. Therefore the chance of IUI being successful were slim. We did two IVF cycles and only 1 of the 6 eggs retrieved made it to transfer. After the drilling at 38 I had the egg quantity of a 45 year old and had normal AMH/FH levels before the surgery. Due to the depleted reserve Dr Doody is now recommending Embryo donation and we are currently on the waiting list.
My insurance pays 80/20 until deductible met. We’ve spent about 8k out of pocket so far in our infertility journey.
Dr Doody’s policy for my age is single embryo transfer to minimize risks.

Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
It was kind of strange to walk in to the reception area and sign in by computer. I would’ve liked to be personally greeted firsthand. I didn’t like their choice in music. I think nervous patients in the waiting area should be provided with soothing, quiet music. I did like that they [CARE] had coffee and a candy dish. I didn’t like that you had to leave the office to use the restroom down the hall when you were waiting. I worried that I would miss them calling my name.
Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
It was kind of strange to walk in to the reception area and sign in by computer. I would’ve liked to be personally greeted firsthand. I didn’t like their choice in music. I think nervous patients in the waiting area should be provided with soothing, quiet music. I did like that they had coffee and a candy dish. I didn’t like that you had to leave the office to use the restroom down the hall when you were waiting. I worried that I would miss them calling my name.
Dr. Nackley’s bedside manner is excellent. I could tell she really cared. She listened to my infertility story and expressed sympathy. She was polite and calm.
I only saw Marisol. She sid an exciting job taking my blood for the preliminary testing. She offered me the option to lay down, and kept me comfortable and distracted while she drew the blood. I really appreciated her. She was also very supportive during the HSG and hysteroscopy. She complimented my breathing technique. She was a reassuring presence that day.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I really liked seeing Dr. Nackley. The testing didn’t go as well as I’d hoped for as far as results. I was offered 2 choices for treatment, and felt that there weren’t any other possibilities for even discussing other options. That is the thing that truly disappointed me.
She is very thorough and concise. She doesn’t waste any time. Make sure you have a list of questions ready so you don’t forget them, because the appointment will move along very quickly.
Dr. Nackley recommended IUI with clomid, and IVF. She didn’t seem to have much faith in my doing IUI because of my low egg count/quality. She recommended IVF more strongly because the embryos can be tested for quality. I would’ve liked to discuss more options. She did listen to me ask about supplements for egg quality, and she gave me printouts about Ubiquinol and DHEA. My husband and I weren’t comfortable proceeding with IUI or IVF from a financial standpoint.
I think the forst appointment was $50 copay, then I paid $100 for the AMH bloodtest, and the other bloodtests were run through my insurance. I had already met my copay, so the HSG and hysteroscopy were under $200. That’s as far as I went. If I would have done IUI the cost was $1000 per cycle, and IVF was $13,000. My insurance does not cover infertility treatment, but it did help cover the initial testing.
Fort Worth

My experience with their [CARE Fertility's] nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Nice waiting room... not very organized though. They sent my husband to collections because of a $200 bill after we had paid them 15k... their front counter staff was pretty nice. Honestly just nothing to rave about
There was no personal care whatsoever... the nurses were the worst and made you feel like an idiot anytime you had a question
My experience with their nursing staff was AWFUL. Whenever I called with questions I never knew who I would be speaking with and they would always make me feel like an idiot! They would tell me to order more medicine but never the doses because they said I should know what to order. I probably worked with 4 different nurses in one weeks time... one or two of them were nice but the others made the experience one I will never forget and the reason I tell everyone to never go to their facility. They gave me some medicine at one point because I had to continue my treatments and I didn’t have any meds left for that evening before getting more overnighted. That nurse was so sweet and just told me to come pick it up. The other nurses told me that I had “used meds for cancer patients and that I needed to replenish their stock” They repeatedly made me cry and feel horrible during the process. They really need to get new nurses that actually have a heart and care for their patients.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
We actually only met with Mr Doody before everything began. We never saw him again during treatments because he was always traveling and out of the country. We liked him when we met with him which was why we wanted him to be our doctor, but it would have been nice to know we would never see him again
Go somewhere else
They never explained to me my protocol. I feel like they use the same protocol for every single patient. There were actually times I would call and talk to a nurse and she would ask me what protocol I was on. Ummm shouldn’t you know that? I feel like they let a lot slip and I wasn’t responding like I was supposed to but instead of actually having conversation with me about it they just moved along and then did the transfer anyway because I was apparently taking the meds for the allotted time. News to me.
We probably paid around 10k to their office plus medications
We only had one embryo to transfer so we didn’t have another choice... but he only does one at a time
Bedford

I was never able to talk to the nurses [CARE Fertility - Bedford] on the first try. I always had to leave a message and have them call me back a day later....I was having bleeding during my frozen embryo transfer and I was telling the nurses about it and they told me that everything was fine. This was not being communicated with my doctor.... They lied on their documentation. I was having bleeding right before my embryo transfer and they charted that everything was normal and that I wasn’t having bleeding.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I was never able to talk with a nurse or the clinical coordinator when I called. You always have to leave a voice mail and mostly likely they will call back a day later. A strength is that I never had to wait long in the waiting room or in the exam room.
I didn’t feel like I was important. I felt like I was just another patient being seen that day, hurry up and get the sonogram over with.
I was never able to talk to the nurses on the first try. I always had to leave a message and have them call me back a day later. They lied on their documentation. I was having bleeding right before my embryo transfer and they charted that everything was normal and that I wasn’t having bleeding.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
I did three frozen embryo transfers and nothing was changed each transfer. We did the same medications, same everything. Nothing changed. She wanted to do a 4th transfer without changing anything in my protocol. Obviously if I haven’t gotten pregnant after three failed transfers...it isn’t working and something needs to change.
She is nice but I don’t feel like I’m her focus when she is with me. She always has an excuse for everything and always seems like she is distracted. I feel like I have wasted $20,000 at their clinic...
All three of my frozen embryo transfers included birth control for about 2 weeks, and then lupron injections, adding in estrogen pills (6mg/day) and then lastly progesterone 1ml/day. The highest my living ever got was 8mm and nothing was ever changed to help my lining be thicker. I had bleeding in my last two transfers, I was even bleeding 2 days before my embryo transfer and was told that it was normal. We transferred 1 embryo the first time, 1 embryo the second time, and 2 embryos the second time. None of which resulted in a pregnancy. My doctor wanted to do a 4th Transfer and wasn’t changing any of my medications or running any additional tests.
Clinic fee of $7500 for IVF with $5300 additional cost for medications. Frozen embryo transfer cost of $2500 with $500-700 additional cost for medications.
Describe Robin Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfers if you are young and have good quality embryos. However after two failed frozen embryo transfers, I was allowed to transfer 2 embryos for my third transfer.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility.

For the most part, the clinic [CARE Fertility] was great. They have an office in Bedford and in Fort Worth, Texas. It would have been nice to know in the beginning that the majority of our appointments would be at the Bedford location (which is about 45 minuets from our house). This is not a complaint, just would have been nice to know. Overall, the clinic was great. Clean, run nicely, fairly easy to communicate with, etc.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
For the most part, the clinic was great. They have an office in Bedford and in Fort Worth, Texas. It would have been nice to know in the beginning that the majority of our appointments would be at the Bedford location (which is about 45 minuets from our house). This is not a complaint, just would have been nice to know. Overall, the clinic was great. Clean, run nicely, fairly easy to communicate with, etc.
I can’t say anything bad about Dr. Nackley or the Clinic. The nurses/nurse practitioners were fantastic. But I only saw Dr. Nackley on days with an “important” appointment. Last appointment before retrieval, (didn’t see her on retrieval day), and transfer day. I would have loved more interaction with my doctor. Not just the nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicki Ingram (I think))
The nursing staff was fantastic. I saw them at 90% of my appointments and most of them were friendly and personable. Personally, as someone who has struggled with medical related anxiety for a long time, the friendly, outgoing nurses made all the difference in the world.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I liked Dr. Nackley. I think she did a good job explaining things and talked to me in terms I could understand. She also speaks in a very calm and comforting manner. But... I saw the actual doctor few times. Only when something went wrong or the last appointment before the retrieval (did not see her on retrieval day) and then on transfer day. When you’re going to the doctor multiple times a week, I was assuming I’d develop a close relationship with my doctor, but I didn’t get that at all.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment. Or even every other.
My Fallopian tubes were completely blocked. Due to them being swollen and infected (a result of a ruptured appendix) Dr. Nackley suggested we remove them. That all went great. Dr. Nackley did the surgery and we were pleased. IVF was our only option. We began that process last year. Apparently my eggs are slow growers so my retrieval was pushed back a week and my stimulation medications were upped to maximum dosage. We retrieved 16 eggs, but half of them were not mature. Of the 8 that fertilized, half were very fragmented. We only got 3 embryos from 16 eggs. We did a 5 day fresh transfer with 1 embryo (this particular clinic prefers to do single embryo transfers). The embryo did not take. We waited for a bit to jump into our next transfer. Dr. Nackley decided to let us transfer both of our remaining embryos since one was poorer quality. We went through shots and multiple appointments again and found out on the morning of our second embryo transfer that neither of our remaining embryos survived the thawing process even though we were given an 85-90% chance of a successful thaw. We were (still are) absolutely devastated that we have zero embryos left. And were told that there is no rhyme or reason as to why our two embryos failed to thaw properly.
I don’t remember everything we paid before we got to the IVF process. I know it was several hundred dollars. We pain $12,800 upfront for IVF. We had to pay $250 (approximately) for both my husband and I to do genetic testing bloodwork prior to the egg retrieval (this was self pay, we denied insurance coverage because the cost would have been $800+). Then we paid around $5,000 for the stimulation meds for our first round. Our costs for the frozen embryo transfer was $2,600 up front. And about $1,300 for medications.
Our doctor/clinic only does single embryo transfers unless there are special circumstances. I will always wonder if we would have transferred two on our first transfer if 1 would have stuck. But we weren’t given the option.
Bedford

The clinic [CARE Fertility] really knows how to make you feel good in some aspect. They dont listen to you especially the head dr. The compassion is not there when you need it especially. There is a psychologist on site but you really have to push to talk to them. We weren't even offered the service after our miscarriage. They are all about the money and when is the next time they can get it. It definitely lacks compassion and team work.
Native American, Other
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic really knows how to make you feel good in some aspect. They dont listen to you especially the head dr. The compassion is not there when you need it especially. There is a psychologist on site but you really have to push to talk to them. We weren't even offered the service after our miscarriage. They are all about the money and when is the next time they can get it. It definitely lacks compassion and team work.
After each cycle was completed and failed even after miscarriage the first thing that was said is "when you are ready it's another x amount of money. Give us call then."
It was hit and miss with each nurse. Never had the same one.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Overall dr. Thomas has great bedside manner. I don't believe she knew enough about my condition to be able to really help us out. Her explanations were thorough however, when something worked she did not stick with it. I explained to her my concerns our last transfer and I felt I wasn't heard as I know my body. I knew I was starting my period and she didnt listen as well as a yeast infection uti spotting all right up until the day before transfer. My lining shrunk. Just disappointed
Make sure that you always go with your gut and don't let your vulnerability get the best of you.
Drug protocol 1st and 2nd time. Just estrace and progesterone. 1 by mouth and 2 vaginally. 2nd cycle ended in a pregnancy but miscarried shortly after. 3rd was lupron protocol which I disagree with. If it's not broke dont fix it kind of thing. The last protocol worked.
8500 to start then 2600 for every transfer after.
She wouldn't let me transfer my last 3 embryos as they were all unfrozen day of transfer due to a mix up.
Bedford

[CARE] Strength: appointment availability, nursing staff, 2 locations, good reputation Weakness: IVF coordinator seems too busy. After months of already working with the clinic and having excellent response, we have not found the same to be true when pursuing IVF...We have only had one instance of misinformation- a nurse miscommunicated regarding two procedures and the timing that they would occur...he nurses at CAR have helped to make the process easier and there are several that we look forward to seeing at our many appointments.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
We don't have another clinic experience to compare to, however we have seen the following: Strength: appointment availability, nursing staff, 2 locations, good reputation Weakness: IVF coordinator seems too busy. After months of already working with the clinic and having excellent response, we have not found the same to be true when pursuing IVF.
Dr. Thomas is caring, listens well and answers questions.
We never envisioned that we would spend so much time at our clinic, before we began this process. The nurses at CAR have helped to make the process easier and there are several that we look forward to seeing at our many appointments.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Thomas is caring and honest and does her best to get us the right treatment. It takes a little time for her to warm up and comes off as too "clinical" in the beginning. However, she knows what she's doing and does pay attention to your concerns and tries to address them.
Don't expect a warm, bubbly doctor but she's a professional who has experienced a lot of success and we've learned to trust her.
When starting, I had no overt issues that would prevent pregnancy so we started with unmedicated IUI. Three attempts were unsuccessful so we proceeded to Chlomid with IUI. Three attempts were again unsuccessful so she advised moving on to another protocol. We then tried a medicated round with injectables. While I had a significant response to the medication, it was so much so that Dr. Thomas advised that we not pursue additional rounds with this protocol as the response we saw could present additional risks. At this time, the recommendation from Dr. Thomas has been to pursue IVF. During each cycle, we were assertive and asked lots of questions. We would recommend that others do the same to get a full understanding of the possible outcomes and next steps.
Each cycle we have two major cost categories: Clinic costs which were all inclusive of the clinic resources required for that protocol (ie. sonograms, monitoring visits, blood work, IUI), and our drug costs. We liked that the clinic costs for each cycle were all inclusive and that we were not having to pay by the visit.
We understand that Dr. Thomas follows the recommendations from SART for embryo transfer count.
Fort Worth

IVF cost [at CARE Fertility] were $20,000, $5,000 for meds. Each additional transfer was $1,500, $500 for meds each transfer...The clinic is very clean and has a friendly staff. Unfortunately, all staff seems over worked which in turn makes you feel like just a number and someone who is coming in for a random physical and not a life changing treatment...My primary nurse for my round of IVF was heaven sent. Compassionate, understanding, and thorough. She left after our first transfer and I was then given a “primary” nurse which I only saw once or twice and I then had communication which any nurse available
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
Although they entered the room repeating my story I many times had to correct them making me wonder if they really knew who I was
How was your experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
Although when we started Dr. Quintero was very friendly and showed concern as each treatment passed and failed it felt like we were just an obstacle taking his time. In the end he had no answers for us. He didn’t suggest pgs until we only had 3 embryos left.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
Make sure you do all your own research before entering your appointment. He will only discuss what you ask.
Describe the protocols Rudy Quintero used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
We did one round of IVF. I did injectables. I can’t remember meds. Our transfers were all frozen. First and second transfer were done with injectables. The third transfer Dr. Q wanted to change things and try a “natural cycle” with oral meds which proved to not work to which he then simply started me on injectables again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility.
The clinic linked us to a loan company and we were able to pull a loan to start treatment. IVF cost were $20,000, $5,000 for meds. Each additional transfer was $1,500, $500 for meds each transfer. With ultrasounds, surgeries and all services not covered by insurance we spent $35,000.
Glendale

[Ctr for Assist Repro - Bedford clinic] Strengths - great doctors and nurses. Most of the nurses have been there for years and know the ins and outs of fertility treatment, so they make you very comfortable in the process. Weakness - Front Desk, the ladies here sometimes aren't the nicest...Each IUI was about $1,000 (not including medication). The IVF/ICSI was about $9,000 and medicine was almost $5,000 (most insurance companies do not cover Fertility Treatments). The FET was about $2,500 and medicine was about $200...
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Going through infertility is very difficult and very lonely. The staff at CARE is very understanding of this and do their best to walk you through the process.
The IVF nurses are awesome! Very compassionate and understanding. After my chemical pregnancy, the entire staff was very compassionate.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Nackley has a great bedside manner, she's patient and is willing to answer any question that may come up. She is also ready to be as aggressive as you want to be in your treatment, understanding that it's your time and money at stake.
Understand that she does everything in her power to help you with a positive outcome, and that it may not happen on the first time. Just be cautiously optimistic!
We were dealing with male factor infertility, so we started out with an IUI cycle with Clomid. After two IUIs and no positive result, we moved onto IVF with ICSI. I was on Menopur, GonalF, and Follistim I believe. We retrieved 11 eggs of which about 7 fertilized. 4 made it to day 5 and we transferred 2, which resulted in our beautiful baby girl! We are now on our second FET cycle. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy.

2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Doody [at CARE Fertility] always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner...Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles...Scheduling is easy and staff always contacts back promptly. The frequency of visits sucks, but so does infertility and it is just par for the course. They always do med training and are thorough with running tests.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody always treated me like a person. She is intelligent, articulate, and has a good bed side manner. We lost our daughter full-term due to a cord accident 3 days before her birth (btw, you need stillborn as an option on your outcome list, I was forced to pick "live-birth singleton.") after 4 ivf rounds (2 with Dr. Doody) and 3 fet's. She called me and supported me and went above and beyond to connect me with a support system. She is ethical and wonderful. She cares about the "whole person" not just your medical information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Nikki was very compassionate. She was there with me through so many of my failed cycles and then both of my successful cycles. After my daughter was stillborn, I came to do my final FET and Nikki hugged me and comforted me as I cried about burying my baby. The staff genuinely care and are like family. They are always behind you rooting for your success.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is thorough and educated me about my diagnosis. She guided me through my treatment plan and explained why each step was necessary and gave me "if I were you" guidance as to my options and treatment plan. I always felt comfortable with her and found her to be compassionate. She is a mom and she herself had to overcome some hurdles to conceive her son. I trusted her and she communicated clearly. When we lost our full term daughter at 38+5 weeks, she really shined as a care provider, and multiple times contacted me with out prompting to check on me and see how I was doing. She genuinely cared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
I wasted my time with two other fertility doctors before Dr. Kathy. I saw them because of commercials on the radio I heard, or because a peer informed they had success with them. I never really felt comfortable with either of them, but I stayed because I was hopeful and because i was so new to the journey, i was uneducated. My one piece of advice is see Dr. Kathy first! You will feel comfortable and be in good hands.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Doody used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through so many cycles i dont remember the specifics. I have been trying to have a baby for 5 years. I took Menopur, Progesterone in Oil, trigger shots of Ovidrel, Prednisone, i think Fermera. And many more. Dr, Kathy's clinic gives you a very clear calendar indicating each thing you are supposed to take and when and it is fairly easy to follow. If you get tripped up on the calendar, I always call and nurse helps me to answer my question.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
Monitoring appts where just like scheduling any other appointment. It was very normal and you just scheduled it before you left each appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.
I spent $20,000 on a MaxCare plan where I have multiple cycles of IVF in a 365 day period. Medications were extra, all appts. covered. i had a surgery to remove fibroids and endometriosis, it was covered by insurance.
Bedford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I can't help but compare my experience at CARE fertility with that at the first clinic I went to. There are a billion reasons why I feel like a human at CARE - the staff are incredibly personable and warm, we got to meet 1:1 with a nurse to show us how to use the meds (vs a group class and instructions to watch a youtube video) and 1:1 with someone from the lab who happily answered all my crazy highly-researched questions (vs never having any interaction with anyone from the lab; and being told by the doctor to stop googling things), Dr. Kevin answers my emails at all hours (vs never having direct contact with the doctor), they call us with lab results (vs using a portal). It's amazing!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths - they time IVF cycles to YOUR schedule; smart staff who seem to really feel ownership over their role in the process; on top of latest research; patient-focused Weakness - they are a four hour drive from where I live (boo!)
One nurse in particular is incredibly warm and friendly. All are smart and helpful with excellent bedside manner.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kevin is direct and to-the-point. He gave us the option to explore the root of of the issue or handle the problem more generally - and laid out the difference. He cites research often, so I feel assured that his clinic is cutting edge. He encourages email communication from us and answers promptly.
Don't hesitate to ask all your questions!
Dr. Kevin's treatment was highly personalized (compared to my first doctor) - he put me on an antagonist protocol, adjusted as we went and made some last minute decisions based on daily lab work (for example he prescribed two kinds of triggers - pregyl and lupron - and Dr. Kevin decided on trigger day which one to use based on my lab work - versus using a pre-determined medication). I felt at the center of the treatment cycle. The nurses explained every aspect of the cycle carefully - giving me demos of the medications, explaining clearly what the next steps were, etc. Another aspect of the cycle that I really appreciated was his shared-risk (MaxCare) plan - essentially you pay extra and get up to 6 cycles over the course of the year. It gives us a huge sense of security and we appreciate knowing that it's in his benefit as well as ours to have a successful cycle.
We had costs for the initial appointment, then costs for a surgery, then we paid through their MaxCare program to cover 6 cycles over the course of one year. The prices were clear from the get-go. Nothing hidden. Nothing complicated.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications...This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
This clinic is fine. The staff are friendly. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They charged be for follow-up beta tests after my chemical pregnancy, but refunded once the insurance paid them and I asked for the refund. The water fountains in the waiting room don't work, so it's hard to get hydrated for a blood draw if you didn't bring water with you. They were usually able to work around my schedule for quick appointments.
He spoke to us about our individual case, but still provided statistics when asked for them.
The nurses at CARE are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. My only complaint comes with ordering medications. They had me order way more medication than I needed, so I wish they would have suggested ordering enough for the first week and waiting to see what I would need for the second week. Or even suggesting/ordering the Gonal-F pens in a smaller quantity to take advantage of overfill. I had an extra 900 unit pen after my cycle (which cost me about $1000).
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
When we went to our first visit, everything was great. Dr. Doody seemed to have a plan for us to follow, explained it all very well, and made us feel very confident in each step. We moved forward with surgery to prep for IVF, then with IVF itself and two separate transfers. After each one failed, there have been no explanations except bad luck and to try again. For an appointment with the Dr. Doody, we have to wait up to 30 minutes to be seen for about 3 minutes of a conversation that doesn't really provide many answers.
Even if statistics show that you have good odds, don't let the doctor get your hopes up by saying everything looks great or expect to be that one exception to the rule. Cautious optimism.
To treat my blocked tube and endometriomas on my ovaries, I had laparascopic surgery to remove a tube and drain cysts in order to prep for IVF. My IVF cycle included Gonal-F and menopur with rather low doses since I responded well. We did a lupron trigger to prevent OHSS. On the day of our fresh transfer, we were told the lupron trigger may have a bad effect on my lining, but we went forward anyways (I felt like that should have been stated when we did the trigger or more than 10 minutes before transfer at least). Fresh transfer was negative; frozen transfer later resulted in chemical pregnancy.
$8500 global fee for IVF with ICSI (even if you don't use ICSI) About $4700 in medications for the egg retrieval cycle (didn't use about $1500 of that) $2500 or so for frozen cycle about $350 in medications for frozen cycle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
CARE nurses are fantastic to women being treated at their office. At times, though, my husband, felt like a number and that the men are forgotten, and their feelings and comfort aren't a concern. They are viewed as sperm banks/machines and that is all...Strengths: during your initial visit for IVF you have 1:1 meetings with the doctor, nurse and billing coordinator. This allowed for 100% understanding of the process, what was covered vs. out of pocket and expectations.
Latino, Native American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The nurses were what made the difference as you see them more than the doctor during a given cycle. CARE nurses are fantastic to women being treated at their office. At times, though, my husband, felt like a number and that the men are forgotten, and their feelings and comfort aren't a concern. They are viewed as sperm banks/machines and that is all.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Nackley has a warm bed side manner while not sugar coating what she feels is best for your family while getting the baby you want asap. She met with my husband and I at a time in our journey when we didn't want to hear we needed to jump to IVF but that is what she recommended. Nevertheless, she took our case and went as slow or fast as we were comfortable with.
Be open to her recommendations. Talk it through with your partner and know that her recommendation is to get you to your end goal as soon as possible, even if it wasn't the path you thought you needed to take.
Given low AMH we started off with a few weeks of testosterone before starting IV meds. IVF meds were 75 mg menopur (2 vials); 300 gonal-f; lupron (forgot dosage) daily. Ganirlex and HCG were given before retrieval. For transfer I started on progesterone in oil and estrace for a FET. Day of retrieval I was given Valium to help with calming me and avoiding uterine contractions during the transfer.
We did PGS and transferred normal embryos so Dr. Nackley recommended transferring only one for a safer pregnancy.

IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The location [of CARE Fertility] is in a secluded environment, it makes it feel like you have reach your home because it’s private. The staff are very friendly and helpful ready to answer all questions. The place is clean, well maintained and kept... felt like I wasn’t fighting infertility alone but with the whole team. Everyone was compassionate and caring. I felt everyone was rooting for me to get at least get one egg to go with.
IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The location is in a secluded environment, it makes it feel like you have reach your home because it’s private. The staff are very friendly and helpful ready to answer all questions. The place is clean, well maintained and kept.
She and her team provided me with the care that I needed with. I felt like I was home everyone knew my name and knew how to even say it correctly which is not always the case because my name is hard to pronounce.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
I felt like I wasn’t fighting infertility alone but with the whole team. Everyone was compassionate and caring. I felt everyone was rooting for me to get at least get one egg to go with.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
She was caring and very compassionate for my first consultation, the second consultation i did not know what to except with my results but she explained every details. The last visit was gut wrenching because i didn’t have any mature follicles and the tech after giving her the results, she had to come and check for herself that there was none. I believe she was hoping to have at least one follicles that i can use.
Just be easy on yourself , they will explain everything that you need to know even before asking your question.
12 days Gonal 225 Menopur 225 And the rest i don’t remember but i believe i was on maximum dosage
Bedford

Clinic itself [CARE Fertility] is very clean and tidy. When you check in for an appointment, you are greeted with a tablet and not a person. Sometimes the front desk staff says hello, which is nice. I guess checking in by computer is more efficient so there are no errors. The costs of treatment here are also pretty standard.... The nurses I worked with don't really have empathy in the situation. Any questions I had about treatment or medication I was made to feel like I wasn't the brightest bulb. I feel like, if you're a nurse in a fertility clinic, you should be warm and kind
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Clinic itself is very clean and tidy. When you check in for an appointment, you are greeted with a tablet and not a person. Sometimes the front desk staff says hello, which is nice. I guess checking in by computer is more efficient so there are no errors. The costs of treatment here are also pretty standard.
I saw Dr. Doody initially for consultation of IVF. He was warm and genuinely seemed interested in our story of trying to conceive and what we were dealing with. I saw him again at the beginning of our IVF cycle for screening, but then afterward I only saw the nurses throughout the cycle.
The nurses I worked with don't really have empathy in the situation. Any questions I had about treatment or medication I was made to feel like I wasn't the brightest bulb. I feel like, if you're a nurse in a fertility clinic, you should be warm and kind as any kind of fertility treatment is backed with a ton of emotion and stress. Unfortunately, the nurses here are hit and miss. Some are very kind, while others seem like they don't want to be there.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was kind and had warm bedside manner. He has shown empathy (as any fertility doctor should). However, he isn't really seen once you start treatment. You work more with nursing staff than your actual doctor.
Advice I would give to anyone wanting to see Dr. Doody is that he is a warm, caring doctor... however, once treatment begins, you will likely not see him throughout the cycle of treatment.
Bedford

Extremely well put together and organized! Great clinic atmosphere! Good response time! Open on the weekends. One of my pregnancy tests was on a holiday, and while the result was negative, I was thankful I did not have to wait for Monday. I do wish they [CARE Fertility] had support groups and events to meet others going through Infertility.... A couple of times, especially after the failed IVF cycle, that I felt like “just a number” to one of the nurses.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Extremely well put together and organized! Great clinic atmosphere! Good response time! Open on the weekends. One of my pregnancy tests was on a holiday, and while the result was negative, I was thankful I did not have to wait for Monday. I do wish they had support groups and events to meet others going through Infertility.
Dr. Thomas showed empathy and did everything she could to try and make our transfers successful. She is fantastic.
Majority of the time, I felt like their was complete compassion. A couple of times, especially after the failed IVF cycle, that I felt like “just a number” to one of the nurses. However, that was just one nurse who might have been having a bad day. When I had to have an appointment every week, sometimes closer than that, the nurses worked to get me in and out because they knew I worked full time.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
I truly felt Dr Thomas cared about the outcome of our procedures and tried hard to make them successful. She explored different options with us. She made sure that we understood what was happening and what would happen. During the procedures, she talked through them with us, letting us know each step that she was taking.
Be open with her so she can help you as much as she can!
When our first two transfers didnt work, she tried testing to rule out reasons as to why they wouldn’t be working.
The first transfer and retrieval was around $9,000. Medications were around 2,000. Second and third transfer were 2,700 with about $500-$700 worth of meds.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Original the clinic [CARE Fertility] was pleasant especially Ft Worth location. Once they seemed to be pushing Effortless IVF it became so busy especially in the Bedford location it felt we were cattle. They herded you in and out as quickly as possible. We were much happier in the beginning.... When inquiring on the donor program we got different information more than once. And most importantly they never mentioned not having any Caucasian donors at the time until after we paid a $1500 non refundable fee. Once I brought it to their attention they said it was non refundable. I had to throw a fit to get a call back and eventually a refund.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Original the clinic was pleasant especially Ft Worth location. Once they seemed to be pushing Effortless IVF it became so busy especially in the Bedford location it felt we were cattle. They herded you in and out as quickly as possible. We were much happier in the beginning.
Dr Thomas was very kind and spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis and our options.
There was one nurse in particular I believe her name was Nikki, we really liked her. She was thorough and fun to work with. The others rotated each visit.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Dr Thomas was kind and very knowledgeable. Although our IVF was unsuccessful she did explain the risk of moving forward with only 2 follicles. I was unhappy that she did not call ahead of time to notify us that the 1 embryo did not make it to day 5. We drove 2 hours just to be told we had nothing to transfer. It felt insensitive given the drive home was tearful and extremely emotional.
As with any medical treatments be your own advocate. Dr Thomas seemed to not have much say other than exactly what was set out by the medical director. They have strict day 5 only transfers and will not budge, regardless of how many embryos you have.
Lupron Flare protocol for low amh & high fsh. We used gonal f but not sure of the dosage.
Clinic fees were $8500 & meds were about $6000.
Under 35 patients can only transfer 1 at a time.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Very inviting. Not intimidating at all. It [Center for Assisted Reproductive Endodcrinology-Bedford] is a very clean facility as well.... i saw Dr. Nackley after clomid was. It working with my OBGYN. Come to find out that my right tube was blocked due to an ectopic pregnancy and the damage was already done. She scheduled a laparoscopy to remove my right tube. She advised that I would be a great candidate for IVF but will need to lose some weight and lower my A1C levels since I have type 2 diabetes. Since then, I have been working on that.
South Asian, Other
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Very inviting. Not intimidating at all. It is a very clean facility as well.
After seeing Dr. Nackley, I was finally able to get the answers I needed. Although things haven't gone as planned, I know she will be the one to help me get pregnant. I just need to be patient and it will all fall into place.
Very nice and friendly. I could tell that they loved what they do.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Nackley was friendly and really showed that she cared. I felt that she really wanted everything to work out for my husband and I. I knew right away that she would be a great doctor by the way she explained treatments/surgeries to me and how compassionate she was.
Go in positive and know that you are in good hands.
I haven't undergone IVF yet but hope to soon. The finances has been rough lately but i saw Dr. Nackley after clomid was. It working with my OBGYN. Come to find out that my right tube was blocked due to an ectopic pregnancy and the damage was already done. She scheduled a laparoscopy to remove my right tube. She advised that I would be a great candidate for IVF but will need to lose some weight and lower my A1C levels since I have type 2 diabetes. Since then, I have been working on that.
I don't recall my surgery cost but I was quoted around $13,000 for IVF. We haven't not started yet due to the cost, my weight loss, and other factors. We hope to start this year.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinical trial cost $2500 [at CARE Fertility]. The FET will be about the same...The clinic is great. You can tell they are very busy but they care. The front office ladies are sweet. The surgery team are also great. The only weakness would be the wait at times. It is understandable and they are apologetic about it...The office staff were warm and remembered who I was...My nurse coordinator was great! So were the other nurses I saw every visit to get blood drawn.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The office staff were warm and remembered who I was.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Kathy is great at what she does and is very professional. She bases her work on scientific evidence. She can be very direct at times but when it mattered she was very compassionate. She does care about your success.
Buckle up and get ready. The whole process is a hurry up and wait at times.
I was a part of an investigational drug so not everything was Dr. Kathy’s choice. I started out on birth control for ten days and then Lupron 10ml for the rest of the cycle. I was on 3 vials of menopur for 10 days before pulling the trigger. My dosage never changed because my blood work continued to show everything was progressing appropriately.
The clinical trial cost $2500. The FET will be about the same.
Describe Kathleen Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Dr. Kathy will not do multiple embryo transfers unless you are over 35 and she deems it necessary. We didn’t get the choice...
Bedford

All good. The smell of their lunch [CARE Fertility] would be my only complaint! Lol, that’s not much. It was on my Transfer Day, lunch room is right next to waiting area. I smelled like Chinese food during my transfer, which really upset me due to me carefully cleansing my self, clothes and husband with unscented products.... Conflicting information on transferring two, some said we could, but in end we were only givin 1... Cost about 8,000
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
All good. The smell of their lunch would be my only complaint! Lol, that’s not much. It was on my Transfer Day, lunch room is right next to waiting area. I smelled like Chinese food during my transfer, which really upset me due to me carefully cleansing my self, clothes and husband with unscented products.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Pamela)
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr.Nackley is great at what she does. She’s so sweet, gentle, fast, a good communicator, compassionate and overall a really nice person. Other than that, she will help guide you into the right direction. Unfortunately we had no luck with our FET, but I don’t think it had anything to do with her. She wanted us pregnant, too!
Definitely choose her as s Dr. if you considering CARE as your clinic
Just birth control, Lipton, progesterone shots and estrogen tablets
Cost about 8,000
She insisted on one, we want two, but wasn’t an option

3 IUI, IVF
I love going to the Fort Worth office [CARE Fertility] because it’s nearer to my house. But it also feels like a smaller and more intimate clinic. The Bedford clinic is so large that it feels a bit more impersonal. The Fort Worth drawbacks are definitely parking and that it’s closed on weekends.... For my first IUI cycle, the pharmacy did not receive the trigger shot prescription. I had time to spare so it didn’t end up being an issue.
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I love going to the Fort Worth office because it’s nearer to my house. But it also feels like a smaller and more intimate clinic. The Bedford clinic is so large that it feels a bit more impersonal. The Fort Worth drawbacks are definitely parking and that it’s closed on weekends.
She explained everything in detail, and the clinic was always able to answer my questions
They are all very warm and knowledgeable. I felt like I could ask any questions and got all the information I needed
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
While the initial visit with Dr. Thomas was nothing earth shattering, subsequent visits were very warm and considerate. She was very careful to explain exactly what each procedure would involved and what might be uncomfortable versus what was no big deal.
She might take a visit or two to warm up, but is very considerate and compassionate on follow up visits
Clomid/IUI didn’t work for us after 3 cylces and so Dr. Thomas recommended moving straight to IVF. We are just starting IVF treatment this week.
$900 per IUI plus prescriptions $8500 per IVF plus prescriptions Diagnosistic testing varies
She strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo based on my age (35) and general health (no known issues - male factor infertility).

2005 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I think this clinic [Ctr for Assist Repro] is easy to deal with organized. Sometimes calls back from finance or billing can take a couple days but always get to my question or concern. As a new patient, I would want to know that they treat you as a person and not just an appointment on the books.... I especially love Nikki. She is very customer centric and I am thankful when she calls or is there with my treatment.
2005 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I think this clinic is easy to deal with organized. Sometimes calls back from finance or billing can take a couple days but always get to my question or concern. As a new patient, I would want to know that they treat you as a person and not just an appointment on the books.
She makes you feel like a person and she truly cares. Takes time to listen and address all questions and concerns.
A lot of the same nurses have been there since I originally started seeing Dr. Nackley in 2001. They are helpful and explain in detail. I especially love Nikki. She is very customer centric and I am thankful when she calls or is there with my treatment.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I am so grateful to have Dr. Nackley as my fertility doctor. She really cares about you as a person, she goes above and beyond to ensure you are comfortable and have all the information you need. There has been times she has even called me directly to ensure I understand my results or treatment. She is caring and always remembers personal details I am amazed about. I only wish she could be my doctor for everything! :)
My advice would be to ask questions and follow all instructions she gives. I am confident in her advice.
Bedford

Clean, organized, nice staff [CARE Fertility]. The nursing staff took the time to help us fill out the paperwork and were very polite about everything. However we weee never given actual numbers on how much IVF will eventually cost us which makes me think it’s going to be very expensive ... The consultation was free and we received a prescription the very first day and didn’t have to pay a dime ... The nursing staff was very business like.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Clean, organized, nice staff. The nursing staff took the time to help us fill out the paperwork and were very polite about everything. However we weee never given actual numbers on how much IVF will eventually cost us which makes me think it’s going to be very expensive
He was very empathetic to our situation
The nursing staff was very business like.
How was your experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
My wife and I have been trying to conceive for 6 years. After another OBGYN misdiagnosed my wife we saw another doctor who dx her with endometriosis. After this we saw Dr Quintero and he gave us Letrazole to try for 5 months and if that doesn’t result in pregnancy we will try IVF. We are currently on the 3rd cycle but now complicated by an endometrioma that will need to be surgically removed before we continue. We will use dr Quintero and his staff once the surgery is done.
Ask for as many details as possible he does t mind giving them out
Letrozol for 5 months, no results
Describe Rudy Quintero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
None
Arcadia
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Strengths: Easy to schedule appts, billing group easy enough for the most part, clean premises, easy parking, great staff [CARE Fertility], close to Dallas. Weaknesses: One individual in billing is not as sharp as the rest of the group... ... eSet is typical protocol for the practice, however given my age they transferred 2 embryos on each attempt. Indicated they would never transfer more than two. I am happy with their protocol.
European, Black or African-American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Easy to schedule appts, billing group easy enough for the most part, clean premises, easy parking, great staff, close to Dallas. Weaknesses: One individual in billing is not as sharp as the rest of the group...
She takes her time to thoroughly explain the process, and communicates realistic expectations based on data. She also shared a bit about her own fertility journey.
Lovely and qualified
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Truthfully, Dr Doody is not necessarily the warm and fuzzy type initially, so if that is the experience you require during your fertility journey she may not be the best fit. She communicates in a very medical or scientific way, but she is sharp as a tack. I appreciate her candidness and while she does show compassion for the process - it's just not over the top. My wife and I have full faith in her abilities.
Be open and candid, ask lots of questions, and she'll do the same.
Birth control, Lupron, Menopur, and Follistim I think? Can't remember dosage. Then progesterone inserts on first cycle and progesterone shots second cycle. Can't remember dosage. Rationale - tried and trusted methodology.
Not available
Bedford
I met with her [Dr. Anna Chan Nackley] twice [at CARE Fertility]. Otherwise nurses handled my care which was fine with me. They provided good care...The clinic is open 7 days a week year-round. That is the biggest strength. They accommodate cycle needs for treatments. I was able to schedule my IUI same day when my cycle indicated readiness. They also have two clinic sites that clients can utilize interchangeably. This is very convenient. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. Billing is straightforward and transparent.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I met with her twice. Otherwise nurses handled my care which was fine with me. They provided good care.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
She is straight forward and created a treatment plan that would maximize a positive result. I would have preferred having more conversation about medications and the pros/cons. I was presented with a medicated treatment plan without any discussion about it.
Ask questions. She is open to talk but you may need to prompt further discussion where you need it.
Medications (clomid) were recommended to increase the chances of a successful positive result. It appears that was a standard treatment plan. I elected to move forward with unmedicated IUIs to begin with.
Bedford

The office is very nice the staff [at CARE Fertility] does whatever they can to make you feel comfortable.... Isabelle [a nurse] goes out of her way to help in whatever way she can. If she doesn't know the answer she will find it. She always calls and emails when she says she will never keeps me waiting.... $7,000 plus medications....
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Everyone is very nice dr and staff are always on time. The office is very nice the staff does whatever they can to make you feel comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Isabelle)
Isabelle goes out of her way to help in whatever way she can. If she doesn't know the answer she will find it. She always calls and emails when she says she will never keeps me waiting
How was your experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
With dr Quintero being fertility dr #4 I was beginning to lose hope but when I met dr Quintero I was amazed by his knowledge, honesty compassion and just all around care he takes his time! I never feel rushed I truly believe he cares about his patience and myself I'm honored to have dr Quintero treat me I trust him 100% my trust and hopes were broken by other doctors and dr Quintero erased all of that worry and mistrust he goes above and beyond and I am vey thankful I found him!
Be your self if you have questions ask him. If u don't understand ask again he won't let you leave until you fully understand. Don't feel rushed dr Quintero takes his time
Birth control Lupron 5mg Menopur 75 Gonal 450 Growth hormone
Around $7,000 plus medications
Rancho Cucamonga

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Everyone [at CARE Fertility] was helpful. The embryologist was only in office 2 or 3 days a week so that delayed some communication...I had a great experience. No complaints...Dr nackly is a passionate caring patient provider. I highly recommend her to anyone that has or us struggling with fertility. She explained her plan of care and gave plenty of time for questions. Dr. NAackley made sure all my question were answered.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I had a great experience. No complaints .......................................clean friendly helpful knowledgeable attentive be patient with gettingg replies from embryologist. ................... .
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
Everyone was helpful. The embryologist was only in office 2 or 3 days a week so that delayed some communication.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Be patient with some of the staff because the result are worth some of the hoops you have to jump through
There was a list of test that u have to complete before you can began a cycle. I was able to do these test locally since I live out of state. I did do the lining check and mock transfer in her office. After those were complete we did the transfer. The meds were BC pills then estrogen orally and vaginally. Oh and the lovely POI injections. I did not use Lupron with my cycle
With such a high success rate they only transfer one which I think is a wise choice
Bedford
[CARE Fertility] Strengths: Good about appointment times, email communication, a nice facility...[nursing staff] They were kind and I had no problem with the staff. The entire clinic seemed busier than I would prefer, but it never caused a problem....a fellow doctor in the practice made us feel like not only a number, but nothing she wanted to deal with...Do your research on how you want to be treated and stand your ground...our IVF was canceled by Dr Nackley with zero communication
European, Other
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: Good about appointment times, email communication, a nice facility Weakness: n/a
Dr. Doody gave us his time, listened and shared his professional opinion/ expectations before the treatment. It was only when he left town and a fellow doctor in the practice made us feel like not only a number, but nothing she wanted to deal with. Dr. Doody even told us afterwards that he would not have handled things that way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Oliver)
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
After our IVF was canceled by Dr Nackley with zero communication (Dr. D was out of town), we spoke to Dr. Doody about our experience and he listened but had no compassion. We discussed another round, and he only wanted to try the exact same protocol, which we were against. We ultimately left that clinic to seek out a doctor who would always be there to listen and take a new approach.
Make sure he will be in town throughout the process. Don't expect an overly warm personality. Do your research on how you want to be treated and stand your ground.
I don't remember

2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
They [the nursing staff] were very on top of things! I hardly waited for blood drawings or even to get back to my room.
2012
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Each nurse was great and Dr. Doody always took the time with me to go over what was happening next. She let me record every ultrasound I had so my husband could see the baby too. She was very frank like "ok your husband doesn't produce sperm so here is how we're going to make a baby with a donor." I am very emotional and it was nice to have a dr just be matter of fact about things.
They were very on top of things! I hardly waited for blood drawings or even to get back to my room.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody is a great infertility dr! Some don't like her bedside manner but she was great with me. She is very straight forward about the situation and I would say she doesn't invest herself emotionally BUT I would much rather have a dr tell me "this is how we're going to make a baby" instead of "I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. Let's all cry for a few minutes."
The first consultation is the scariest! She isn't scary but sitting there talking about why you can't get pregnant is scary. It's ok to cry! I did. Dr. Doody will listen to you and then come up with a plan of action!
Bedford

Make sure your come to appointments [at CARE Fertility- Bedford] a little early in case you need to complete paperwork or make arrangements for your next visit to speed things along. I didn't know until I had arrived that additional information was needed since I had already completed my patient history information.... The nursing staff at the clinic are all very warm and friendly. I felt like I was being introduced to a team who was truly interested in helping us grow our family.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Make sure your come to appointments a little early in case you need to complete paperwork or make arrangements for your next visit to speed things along. I didn't know until I had arrived that additional information was needed since I had already completed my patient history information.
Dr. Doody provided all of the information regarding our fertility and was open to any questions we might have.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was straight forward but friendly. I never felt like any questions were off the table or that I wasn't the focus of the conversation. He made me feel comfortable about all of the processes we were going to explore.
Bring your questions to your first appointment, I felt like that was the best opportunity for a sit-down.
Bedford

Scheduling was easy and efficient, the clinic [CARE Fertility] is flexible. Every person I encountered was friendly. I had no issues with the clinic. For almost all of the appoints I was taken back and seen on time or within a few minutes of my appt time ... Every single person was pleasant and informative. I had a lot of questions that the nurses always referred me to the Dr for answers that they didn’t know, which I respected.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Scheduling was easy and efficient, the clinic is flexible. Every person I encountered was friendly. I had no issues with the clinic. For almost all of the appoints I was taken back and seen on time or within a few minutes of my appt time
She spoke to us with compassion and was direct and informative
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
I loved every about Dr. Doody. My favorite was her use of studies to educate and make valid points about our treatment and diagnosis. Everytime I saw her we left with a good understanding of what was to happen next
Be prepared with your questions before going to an appointment.
Very reasonable
Dr. Doody only transfers one embryo. We did want to do two, but the risks were explained

IUI, 1 IVF
The clinic [CARE Fertility] is great. I love that they don’t allow children there in the waiting room. My last clinic allowed kids and it’s so hard to watch other people playing with kids not knowing if I will ever have one.... We are currently in the IVf process with Dr. Doody. We have seen her, her husband and Dr. Nackey (I think that’s the spelling) in our visits. I have no complaints so far about the care we have received with them. All of their staff is great and are always willing to help you with any thing you need.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is great. I love that they don’t allow children there in the waiting room. My last clinic allowed kids and it’s so hard to watch other people playing with kids not knowing if I will ever have one.
Trust her judgment
I took menopur injections for about 10 days along with ganirelix acetate the last few days leading up to our egg retrieval. They retrieved 22 mature eggs. We did effortless ivf. So all eggs and sperm sample was place inside an Invocell device and placed back in me for 5 days. They retrieved the device and froze 12 5 day embryos. We will do our transfer in less than a week
With medicine and everything our total was under $8000

2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
They [the nursing staff at CARE Fertility] were all very friendly and answered any questions I had (which were a lot hehe) compassionate, you feel that their main goal is to also help us hold our miracle baby/babies in our arms!... I was monitored in our hometown because CARE fertility was 6 hours from our home.... Baseline sonogram, daily blood work and monitoring would base how my daily medications would be dosed.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Nothing
She was always very kind and took the time with us, invested in us a patients.
They were all very friendly and answered any questions I had (which were a lot hehe) compassionate, you feel that their main goal is to also help us hold our miracle baby/babies in our arms!
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Dr Nackley is a terrific doctor with a very sweet bed side. She always took more than enough time,answered any questions my husband or I might have, explained everything so we could understand, simply put she's an incredible doctor who's very compassionate!
I don't have any honestly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
It was around 10,000 I believe for retrieval storage etc this did not include medications
They will not transfer more than 2 embryos if you are under the age of 35

Endometriosis, Other
The nurses [at CARE Fertility] are great. I never had to wait too long. I wish I was just taken through a natrual iui instead of jumping to clomid. The doctor Rudy wasn't there for my iui . a lady I never met was there to do it....The nursing staff was great! They were very helpful...I just felt I was next in line. The staff was sweet though....We started with Clomid rite away. Each visit I wasn't progressing like he [Dr. Quintero] hoped. Just pushed back my hcg trigger shot till my 2 follicles got big enough.
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The nurses are great. I never had to wait too long. I wish I was just taken through a natrual iui instead of jumping to clomid. The doctor Rudy wasn't there for my iui . a lady I never met was there to do it.
I just felt I was next in line. The staff was sweet though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
The nursing staff was great! They were very helpful
How was your experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility?
I feel like when he noticed the Clomid wasn't having the rite affect we should have changed it up. Instead we stayed on the original course. I ended up with a cyst. I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate at all that month due to Clomid. He noticed the follicles weren't "blowing up" like he expected so kept prolonging the process
Don't jump straight to Clomid if you don't have fertility issues that are hindering ovulation
We started with Clomid rite away. Each visit I wasn't progressing like he hoped. Just pushed back my hcg trigger shot till my 2 follicles got big enough.
I spent around $3000 for everything
Glendale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rudy Quintero at CARE Fertility.

[CARE Fertility is] a well known clinic in the area but it feel way below expectations given the very negative experience with the doctor and staff. It's run as simply a business with limited one on one interaction.... Thawed wrong embryo during transfer. Other doctor performed retrieval and transfer without notifying us.... [Dr. Doody] Did not show up for egg retrieval or embryo transfer while having assured us she would be there.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
It's a well known clinic in the area but it feel way below expectations given the very negative experience with the doctor and staff. It's run as simply a business with limited one on one interaction.
Did not show up for egg retrieval or transfer. Only spent time with us during initial consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
Were just doing their job.
How was your experience with Kathleen Doody at CARE Fertility?
Did not show up for egg retrieval or embryo transfer while having assured us she would be there. Only seeing her a couple of times. Not explaining the process well at all. Discouraged genetic testing.
Do not expect any sympathy from her.
IVF/ICSI antagonist. Not low ovarian reserve. Yielded very low number of viable eggs.
$17,000 total including drugs
Thawed wrong embryo and elected to transfer both.
Bedford

They [staff at Center for Assisted Reproduction] have been so nice and quick to answer questions or concerns. They also had very positive attitudes and seemed to genuinely care about their patients...Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is [done] by the nurses, not the Doctor, and I wasn't really told about that.
I really felt good about meet with him and the office. Only downside to the IUI process is most everything is don't by the nurses not the Doctor and I wasn't really told about that. However, my 2nd IUI was a little challenging and one of the Doctors came in to help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
They have been so nice and quick to answer questions or concerns. They also had very positive attitudes and seemed to genuinely care about their patients.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
He was very kind and explained many things. Was opening to answering questions and concerns and was always smiling and positive.
Don't hesitate to ask or ask them to repeat something they said. The process can be overwhelming but worth it.
Fort Worth

The clinic [CARE Fertility] was great from the way they had everything set up. i don’t remember any weaknesses. To me it was set up like different stations. You see the check in lady then nurses then dr then the insurance/ money people then check out. It’s done very well.... The only reason I quit going is because I moved out of state. He [Dr. Doody] always seemed sincere and would answer any questions that I had.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic was great from the way they had everything set up. i don’t remember any weaknesses. To me it was set up like different stations. You see the check in lady then nurses then dr then the insurance/ money people then check out. It’s done very well.
He was very sincere whenever I had to talk to him.
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
I loved having him as a doctor. The only reason I quit going is because I moved out of state. He always seemed sincere and would answer any questions that I had. He even tried working with my husband and I since my husband was going back and forth to South Korea and Texas.
He was a great doctor to work with. He took his time and started the testing process immediately.
My insurance paid for everything that I had done before I moved.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
The financial coordinator was up front about everything before it was scheduled and the cost of effortless IVF is even laid out on the clinic website. Everything was very straightforward ... The front desk was warm and welcoming ... They pride themselves on the technology they have on site and the more accurate results they produce than outsourced labs could offer. ... The clinic was very well maintained and felt like a cozy, private office instead of a cold, clinic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic was very well maintained and felt like a cozy, private office instead of a cold, clinic. The front desk was warm and welcoming and even handed me a welcome bag with goodies upon arrival. That was such a sweet touch. They pride themselves on the technology they have on site and the more accurate results they produce than outsourced labs could offer.
During our consultation and treatment planning visit with Dr. Doody, I felt so at ease. The best part was that he did his homework on my medical history prior to the appointment and was ready to get right into a discussion. I had never experienced that before, usually I walk into an appointment with a new doctor and have to repeat everything that is written in the charts in front of them. That was so refreshing, I knew I was finally in the right place!
The nurses at the clinic were very warm and explained everything including next steps in treatment well
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was great during our consultation visit and spent ample time getting to know us, discussing our medical history and what to expect next in our treatment plan. The consultation wasn’t rushed and we truly felt like he cared.
Make sure to send the clinic your medical history prior to your appointment so Dr. Doody can review and bring a list of questions or concerns with you to your initial visit. Dr. Doody will take the time to go over everything with you and he wants you to go into the next steps in your treatment plan confidently.
IVF, Donor Sperm
The nursing staff we engaged with [at CARE Fertility] so far have been great! They are trying to get to know us as patients rather than numbers!...With Effortless IVF the cost is about 10k...So far the clinic has been great. They have taken the time to contact us multiple times as needed to gather all our paperwork and information. They answer all our questions promptly to the best of their knowledge...recommended we use reciprocal IVF and the Effortless IVF treatment process. We will be retrieving eggs from my partner for me to carry. We are still in the beginning stages of the process so our results are up in the air! We have had friends in the past with 2 successful pregnancies which is why we choose Dr. Doody.
IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Dr. Doody took the time to explain all of the details to both myself and my wife for each of the procedures we would be using. When we had out follow up appointment he answered all our questions. Upon the first consultation we were able to speak with an embryologist as well who walked us through all the information we needed.
The nursing staff we engaged with so far have been great! They are trying to get to know us as patients rather than numbers!
How was your experience with Kevin Doody at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Doody was amazing from the start! He was able to answer all our questions and recommend the best course of treatment for us and our budget. Dr. Doody was able to listen to each of our individual concerns and address our needs personally.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, then think of more questions and ask again!
Dr. Doody recommended we use reciprocal IVF and the Effortless IVF treatment process. We will be retrieving eggs from my partner for me to carry. We are still in the beginning stages of the process so our results are up in the air! We have had friends in the past with 2 successful pregnancies which is why we choose Dr. Doody.
With Effortless IVF the cost is about 10k
Dr. Doody stated that for my age of 31 a single embryo transfer would be best.