Genetic counseling is not offered
Providing backup medication is not offered

1327 Lake Pointe Pkwy
Sugar Land, TX 77478

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Jemelka] is so kind and compassionate, she listens and addresses concerns. She didn't make any of our appointments feel rushed and she took time to answer everything and continue to find tests when I had a concern....She listened to every single concern I had and continued to schedule tests when others had come back normal so we could try to find answers. I have loved how welcomed, heard, and respected I feel in their facility....
They [nurses at Caritas] were always so sweet and comforting, they didn't rush me in or out, they always checked if I needed anything while waiting and were happy to provide. I loved talking to them before my appointments to calm my nerves...Extremely caring, compassionate, and gentle. They truly care of their patients well-being and emotional care. I have not found any issues with their care yet, and I hope this positivity continues as we look into treatment plans in the coming months. But I fully trust my provider and the nursing staff to take care of me...
How was your experience with Brooke Jemelka at Caritas?
I have loved Dr. Jemelka since the day I met her. She is so kind and compassionate, she listens and addresses concerns. She didn't make any of our appointments feel rushed and she took time to answer everything and continue to find tests when I had a concern.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Jemelka at Caritas?
Ask all of the questions, don't hold back because she will answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Jemelka at Caritas?
When we found out that we were infertile, she sat down next to me and cried with me. She was legitimately upset with us but also encouraged us in finding our next steps. She listened to every single concern I had and continued to schedule tests when others had come back normal so we could try to find answers. I have loved how welcomed, heard, and respected I feel in their facility.
Describe the protocols Brooke Jemelka used in your cycles at Caritas and their degree of success.
I have mostly gone through testing with her so far as our next step towards treatment doesn't happen until July, but I have understood why she was ordering all of the tests and she made sure I always had a follow up appointment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Caritas.
They were always so sweet and comforting, they didn't rush me in or out, they always checked if I needed anything while waiting and were happy to provide. I loved talking to them before my appointments to calm my nerves.
Describe your experience with Caritas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Jemelka at Caritas.
They work with my insurance which was a big concern when switching to their facility, it's been better than we expected it to be so far!
Describe Brooke Jemelka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Caritas.
Brooke Jemelka
Sugar Land

Dr. Jemelka is great and compassionate. Her methods are based on charting so her work will take longer than other doctors. You will have to take a charting class and buy charting materials which are not cheap. There is no way around this so if you are just not into charting every time you use the bathroom, then she may not be for you... I think I was told to take about 10 pills a day and many were very large.
They [nurses at Caritas] all did a great job, no complaints. They were very nice especially when they were going to stick you, which I appreciated...The charting and materials ran about $50 a month and the class was over$100 and $50 for any charting consultations that were at least one a month if not longer. I believe you also sign a contract to pay the chart consultant for a minimum of 6 months. so around $600 for this service. This money does not go to the clinic, but the clinic will not take you on as a patient of you do not do this. The endometriosis surgery cost around $5,000 after my insurance. And I believe I had a $30 co-pay for any visit. The vitamins cost about $40 a bottle.
How was your experience with Brooke Jemelka at Caritas?
Dr.Jemelka's strengths are that she is very compassionate and listened to what I had to say about what my body had been going through. Many of my previous doctors did not want to hear what i had to say because I was under 30, so I would "most likely be fine" . She seemed to really want to understand what was going on with my body and find out how to make me better. weaknesses are that she does not believe in IVF due to her religion but will do shots. She relies heavily on charting with is an extra expense through a 3rd party associate. It is also time consuming and expensive.
Dr.Jemelka was very personable. The institution is catholic and they are very compassionate. She asks how you are doing each time and spends time listening to what you have to say.
Dr. Jemelka relied on blood tests and was very adamant that I sign up for an Laparoscopic surgery the first day I met her. This was because she felt that I had done all the regular tests and nothing came out abnormal so she wanted to check for endometriosis. She found i had slight endometriosis and stated that most women who have endo and get it removed will be pregnant within 8 months when they chart and have intercourse at the right time. This was really the largest factor in me agreeing to to the surgery. I had a longer than usual recovery and did not feel good for about 2 weeks after my surgery. I did not get pregnant after the surgery at all. Dr. Jemelka heavily relies on charting cervical mucus multiple times a day. And on many natural pills. I think I was told to take about 10 pills a day and many were very large. This was hard for me after a few months especially with not seeing any results. eventually Dr. Jemelka wanted to see me more frequently about every week or more to take blood test and start on shots to see if that would work. However, I moved out of state so flying in so often was difficult and i had to stop treatment with her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Caritas.
They all did a great job, no complaints. They were very nice especially when they were going to stick you, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with Caritas.
The facilities were very nice and close to a large hospital. strengths are that they are very compassionate. weaknesses are the chart system is very detailed and takes lots of time to learn and the mandatory classes are expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Jemelka at Caritas.
does not believe in transfers due to religion
Brooke Jemelka

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Karges is a kind, compassionate, competent, and skilled doctor. She always listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions. I did not feel like she was rushed in appointments. She always had hope even when I didn't. I finally have a beautiful, healthy baby because of her!...She knows what she's doing! Follow her recommendations even if you don't think they are necessary. For instance, I kept putting off endometriosis surgery because I had recently had endo surgery with another doctor. I wish I hadn't as I conceived within two months of the surgery when Dr. Karges did it.
How was your experience with Kathryn Karges at Caritas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Karges at Caritas?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Karges at Caritas?
Dr. Karges is a warm and compassionate but extremely competent doctor. I always felt like she had enough time for me and listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Karges used in your cycles at Caritas and their degree of success.
First I did a series of blood draws every other day for one cycle to evaluate my hormones pre and post peak. It was determined that my hormones were low throughout my whole cycle. After that I started on femara, HCG, and estradiol to improve my hormone levels. She also recommended several mucus enhancers including an antibiotic. Every month I would have my hormone levels checked 7 days past ovulation and she would adjust dosages as needed. Once my levels were good and I still was not conceiving, she did a diagnostic laparoscopy during which she discovered endometriosis as well as a uterine infection. I started on antibiotics for the infection and had robotic assisted surgery to remove the endo a couple of months later. Two months after the second surgery I conceived.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Caritas. (Assigned nurse: Terri)
Terri was Dr. Karges's nurse that I worked with. She was the one I primarily communicated with. She was caring and compassionate and I never felt like I was a bother when I would call with questions.
Describe your experience with Caritas.
The actual clinic itself has moved since I have been there. It is now associated with a different hospital. I can not provide feedback on the clinic at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Karges at Caritas.
I don't quite understand this question. The costs were what you would expect for seeing a doctor. There were also costs for my compounded medications (not covered by insurance) and my labs each month.
Kathryn Karges
2013, Successful
The office [Caritas] is very warm, the Dr. was always open and willing to listen....[The nursing staff was] always kind and prompt....Dr. Karges is an amazing Dr. We were very pleased with all responses we received from her, and her reception of any of our questions.
How was your experience with Kathryn Karges at Caritas?
The office is very warm, the Dr. was always open and willing to listen. She is amazing.
Always kind and prompt.