Carle

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
1818 E. Windsor Road
Urbana, IL 61801
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carle to a friend?
1 doctor
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I love the nurses at the clinic [Carle]. They’re always so kind and compassionate. It truly starts to feel like a family there after awhile. It always feels like they’re rooting for our success and grieving our failures right along with us...They are fairly busy as a small department in a large clinic so be prepared for a wait to get an initial consult. Costs can be high, but it really depends on your insurance coverage. Check with your insurance to know what to expect. The clinic does provide an estimate of charges, which is helpful in making decisions.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Carle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Fay at Carle?
She really takes the time to listen and investigate. I came to her having felt dismissed by my regular ob/gyn but felt heard by Dr. Fay, who confirmed that my suspicions were warranted. I also appreciate that she’s willing to be as aggressive with treatment as you want her to be. I truly believe she wants us to have a baby as much as we do.
I love the nurses at the clinic. They’re always so kind and compassionate. It truly starts to feel like a family there after awhile. It always feels like they’re rooting for our success and grieving our failures right along with us.
How was your experience with Nancy Fay at Carle?
I always feel like I know what to expect. Questions are always answered thoroughly. I feel like my unique situation is being looked at as opposed to being treated like a number. She listens and responds with compassion and knowledge at every visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Fay at Carle?
Come prepared with questions to make the absolute most of your visit. She will take the time to listen and answer. She’s so knowledgeable so I’d certainly take advantage of the ability to pick her brain.
Describe the protocols Nancy Fay used in your cycles at Carle and their degree of success.
We tried a few cycles of letrozole to stimulate egg production and ovidrel to trigger ovulation. I believe letrozole was started at 5mg and was upped to 7.5 for a couple cycles. Egg production was fairly good. I was very tired on the 7.5mg dose though. After a few rounds of that, they added Follistim to further encourage egg production. I’ve only used Follistim for one cycle so I can’t be sure it’s the culprit, but I did have a horrible migraine the morning after my first dose. It did produce the best eggs we’ve had so far though. However, since that didn’t work and because of the side effects we were encouraged to try IUI next.
Describe Nancy Fay's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carle.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [nurses at Carle] always communicated well and showed compassion...I wish this clinic felt more personal. If you are just looking for a run of the mill ivf doc this is your place...We were advised toward ivf due to a tube blockage. We tried a cycle with femera and a trigger shot. It was unsuccessful. We were told to lose weight and for my husband to quit smokingto increase out chances. We both ibhave followed advice but are seeking another doctor for ivf.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Carle.
I wish this clinic felt more personal. If you are just looking for a run of the mill ivf doc this is your place. If you want to feel like more the a walking dollar bill then I would find a different clinic. Carle is expensive.
They always communicated well and showed compassion.
How was your experience with Nancy Fay at Carle?
I had a good experience with Nancy as a surgeon but as a infertility doctor I found her to be less than hopefull for our prognosis. I was always treated with respect although at times I hoped for more guidance where our treatment was concerned. I was told to lose weight as a catch all for solving infertility.It was kind of offensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Fay at Carle.
The most expensive thing was monitering costs and additional clinic fees for each doctor's visit.
I dont. This wasnt discussed.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
[Carle is] Really expensive. 1,000+ each ultrasound and timed cycles were crazy. They didn’t offer much help or advice...Pricey clinic because it’s based out of Carle Hospital. Self pay options are unreasonable! I wish there was more of a discount available. If you have coverage then of course it would be good!! I wish they had informed me how to obtain insurance in IL...They [nurses] were nice and prompt! All answer messages on time & send in script the same day.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Carle.
She is a very sweet and caring doctor. Didn’t worry about weight at all. Made me feel at ease!
They were nice and prompt! All answer messages on time & send in script the same day.
How was your experience with Nancy Fay at Carle?
I really loved being a patient of Dr. Fay and recommend her to everyone. She ran lots of tests and found a lot of issues-proceeded with time ovulation with trigger cycle and then endometriosis surgery along with hysteroscopy and HSG.
Make an appointment early because it can be a while to get in!
She used letrozle-Femera for timed cycle with ovidrel for trigger. PIO for luteal phase support.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Fay at Carle.