Genetic counseling: Offered
Raleigh, NC 27607
Wilmington
6781 Parker Farm Dr
Wilmington, NC 28405
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina Conceptions to a friend?

We did a full round of IVF with Dr. Couchman. We had 5 embryos develop after the retrieval. We had them PGS tested due to a prior chromosome abnormality miscarriage. We had only 1 genetically normal embryo. Dr. Couchman suggested we do the ERA test to make sure of the optimal time for transfer...I felt that during our sit down appointments and phone calls with her that we were rushed and all of our questions were not answered. When we first started at that clinic I felt like a human and towards the end I felt more like we were just a number in their daily baby making protocol. I felt like they just cared more about our money than us sometimes.
Our single IVF cycle [at Carolina Conceptions] was just under $15,000 and that does not include the meds, PGS testing, and other out patient procedures...We were told if we had our embryos genetically tested, that we were only able to transfer one at a time...front desk staff was very helpful and knew what they were doing...no emergency contact number to call after hours, hard to reach the clinic during afternoon business hours, ensuring that the information that is shared with us is accurate.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman was very nice and easy to talk to. As I mentioned before, she didn’t always answer all of our questions and I was sometimes confused about what was happening next. She was also very difficult to get on the phone or via email on the weekends. A couple of times we reached out with an issue that needed immediate assistance and we were always contacted back by another doctor at the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
To make sure you push to get all of your questions answered in the detail you need as a patient. Do not let her make you feel rushed or that your list of questions isn’t important.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Describe the protocols Grace Couchman used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We did a full round of IVF with Dr. Couchman. We had 5 embryos develop after the retrieval. We had them PGS tested due to a prior chromosome abnormality miscarriage. We had only 1 genetically normal embryo. Dr. Couchman suggested we do the ERA test to make sure of the optimal time for transfer. During the ERA test, I also had a hysteroscopy due to titled cervix. These are all the procedures they were done during our IVF cycle.
All of the nursing staff were wonderful! They always answered my questions and treated me with care and compassion. They always explained what was about to happen next and prepared me. When they had to call with results, they were very thorough and made sure I understood what to do next. I really liked them all so much and couldn’t say anything better about them.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: front desk staff was very helpful and knew what they were doing, nurse staff was very nice and helpful, the lab workers who draw blood are amazing (and I was terrified about getting blood drawn), the financial coordinator was very helpful and responsive at all times, the clinic itself was clean and welcoming, all the embryologists at the clinic were very knowledgeable, responsive and explained results in a way we understood, there was always a good availability of appointments Weaknesses: no emergency contact number to call after hours, hard to reach the clinic during afternoon business hours, ensuring that the information that is shared with us is accurate. Ex: We were given conflicting information about the embryo biopsy delivery for PGS testing. This caused us concern because for some time we were unsure of where our biopsies were. Eventually, we were given proper information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions.
Our single IVF cycle was just under $15,000 and that does not include the meds, PGS testing, and other out patient procedures.
Describe Grace Couchman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
He [Dr. John Park] called me personally after my monitoring clinic didn’t get the results of my negative pregnancy test until the day after I was supposed to get the news. He met with us the day after to talk about how he recommended getting an ERA before I lost more of my remaining embryos. He took time and gracefully answered all my questions...He in detail described results of egg retrieval with my husband...He will make you feel calm and all your questions will be answered.
They are a great clinic [Carolina Conceptions]. Well oiled machine. They took the time to make sure I knew what was going on. They communicated well and made sure all my questions were answered. The office staff was personable and always met my needs...It was suggested now that I do ERA to get my lining timing right for next transfer...They [nurses] responded to emails quickly. I really would have liked one point person- ended up talking to them all.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He took time to talk with my husband and I during our meeting. He in detail described results of egg retrieval with my husband. He called me personally with my negative results after my first transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Go see him. He will make you feel calm and all your questions will be answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He called me personally after my monitoring clinic didn’t get the results of my negative pregnancy test until the day after I was supposed to get the news. He met with us the day after to talk about how he recommended getting an ERA before I lost more of my remaining embryos. He took time and gracefully answered all my questions.
Describe the protocols John Park used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We did gonal f injections plus Lupron for my trigger shot then egg retrieval. We did PGS testing in another lab. We then had to do progesterone shots plus estrogen pills 5x a day and monitoring before the first retrieval. It didn’t work. It was suggested now that I do ERA to get my lining timing right for next transfer. We are taking time off ( a couple months ) before the ERA to let my bod get back to normal.
They responded to emails quickly. I really would have liked one point person- ended up talking to them all.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are a great clinic. Well oiled machine. They took the time to make sure I knew what was going on. They communicated well and made sure all my questions were answered. The office staff was personable and always met my needs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
We had to work at a remote monitoring office because I live 2 hours away in Wilmington NC. Glen Meade has a lot of problems communicating with CC. Like on the day I was supposed to find out if I was pregnant I had to wait a whole other day because they didn’t order the bloodwork STAT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Park at Carolina Conceptions.
15,000 all services plus 2500 medicines
Describe John Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
Only one embryo allowed in my tummy at a time is the rule at Carolina conceptions.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions.

2017 - 2019
I encountered many challenges throughout my time working with this doctor [Dr. Meaghan Bowling]. Each time I felt like her main goal was to get rid of me. I felt she lacked compassion and wasn't a "cheerleader" for me at all...I'd been told I needed to purchase eggs by a particular date in order to proceed...then was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I reached out to my dr to explain what was going on...She won't proceed with me because I didn't buy my eggs by the deadline even though I had a very good reason to hold off. Once I got all the tests back and confirmed I was okay to proceed, I wanted to do so.. but now she won't work with me.
I'd been told I needed to purchase eggs by a particular date in order to proceed [with Carolina Conceptions]. I had every intention of doing that but then was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I reached out to my dr to explain what was going on and how important it was for me to get all the facts before investing 10,000-30,000 non refundable dollars on eggs. And as such, I would need meet her deadline for buying eggs. I did, however, assure them that I'd meet the deadline for pregnancy before the end of the calendar year which had been the second deadline she imposed on me. She won't proceed with me because I didn't buy my eggs by the deadline even though I had a very good reason to hold off. Once I got all the tests back and confirmed I was okay to proceed, I wanted to do so.. but now she won't work with me.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
There is so much to my story, I won't be able to cover it all here. But in a nutshell, I had many obstacles during this process. REAL obstacles, not anything made up or anything I could've prevented/avoided. I would hope a doctor in this situation would realize the stress I was under and work to give me hope and encouragement. Instead, I was made to feel like a waste of her time and a nuisance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
If you are an 'older' woman or a single woman.... I would look elsewhere. I feel she has a bias against these scenarios and holds them against her patients. If a woman who was younger and married encountered my exact challenges, I suspect she'd have treated them much differently.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
I encountered many challenges throughout my time working with this doctor. Each time I felt like her main goal was to get rid of me. I felt she lacked compassion and wasn't a "cheerleader" for me at all.
Describe the protocols Meaghan Bowling used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
She didn't do much beyond a consultation and then making me feel horrible about myself when I was unable to proceed in a quick fashion due to things out of my control such as an unexpected medical diagnosis and the discovery that the eggs I'd paid $5k to have held for me had been sold to someone else. These were issues I didn't cause and that required my working through before jumping in. She had no patience.
I didn't really deal with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I suspect that if I were younger and married, my experience would've been quite different. So for most people this clinic is probably okay. If you are don't fit the perfect scenario as far as your age, marital status etc.... you won't be treated favorably.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions.
Since I had only consultations with her my costs were minimal. I don't have an exact dollar amount. But... this was the 2nd doctor who treated me. I'd spent a good deal more with my first doctor but then had to move out of state and start all over... which is why I ended up with Dr. Bowling.
Describe Meaghan Bowling's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
I know she did have an opinion about single embryo transfer but... I was okay with that since I am single. While I'd have loved twins... I think I'd have a full plate with just one. So I didn't take issue with her on that.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
We had a wonderful relationship with Dr. Meyer. He always remembered the details of our work or recent travel. He would go out of his way to say hello if he saw you waiting for a routine ultrasound or bloodwork. He'd check in by email after procedures to see how I was feeling, etc. I couldn't say enough good things about our experience with him...I did a few rounds of Femera, 3 IUI rounds, one egg retrieval, and two frozen transfers. He also performed two surgeries on me- one for endometriosis and cyst removal, the other for fibroid removal.
I think Carolina Conceptions is great for a number of reasons- they are convenient, extremely efficient (I was always in and out in a timely manner), very easy to schedule with...staffed by compassionate people. It was genuinely a bittersweet moment to move on from the clinic to a regular OBGYN, as I felt that everyone was invested in their patients...Overall, the nurses were great at the clinic. I had a few instances where communication was muddled, but this only happened about 3x during 2 years. Little things like the incorrect prescription being called in to the fertility pharmacy, etc. These issues were quickly addressed and corrected.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I was under Dr. Meyer's care for 2 years. I did a few rounds of Femera, 3 IUI rounds, one egg retrieval, and two frozen transfers. He also performed two surgeries on me- one for endometriosis and cyst removal, the other for fibroid removal. Dr. Meyer is a wonderful doctor. He's going to give you the information straight, but delivered with compassion. He's the most communicative doctor that I've ever heard of in any sort of medical practice. I must have emailed him directly over 50x over the last two years at all hours of the day, and always received a response within a few hours. He truly cares about his patients and their outcomes and will take the time to explain any diagnosis or treatment multiple times, if needed. Carolina Conceptions has a lot of patients to keep track of. Sometimes, I'd have to remind Dr. Meyer about small things pertaining to my past treatments, but he can't be expected to retain that information for every single one of his patients. No matter what clinic you're dealing with, it's important that you educate yourself as much as possible and be prepared to ask questions and advocate for yourself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
See previous answer
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think Carolina Conceptions is great for a number of reasons- they are convenient, extremely efficient (I was always in and out in a timely manner), very easy to schedule with, have great pregnancy rates, and are staffed by compassionate people. It was genuinely a bittersweet moment to move on from the clinic to a regular OBGYN, as I felt that everyone was invested in their patients.
Unless it was an emergency, monitoring appointments always had an appointment time between the hours of 7-noon. They ran on time 95% of the time - extremely efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions.
We had only $500 of fertility lifetime coverage, so everything was out of pocket.
Describe Bill Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
Dr. Meyer urges his patients to only transfer one embryo - I think it's the policy of the clinic. He does this to cut down on the risks of carrying multiples for both baby and mother.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions.

He [Dr. Meyer] is extremely knowledgeable. He wanted to try less costly treatment first before moving on to anything else. He communicated quickly back and forth in emails. He was blunt and got right to the point. I did not feel that I was just a number and a source of income for him.... I am diagnosed PCOS with a history of no response to oral medications First 3 rounds: Femara 7.5 mg and Tamoxifen 60 mg. Thought the Tamoxifen would increase the chance of ovulation.
They [Carolina Conceptions] do not take cash. Everyone was very friendly from the time of setting up the appointments until check out. Not a negative thing to say about this clinic. It is in a very convenient location if you live in the Raleigh area....They have mini clinics at other treatment centers for initial consultations to make things easier for people who do come from awhile away.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He is extremely knowledgeable. He wanted to try less costly treatment first before moving on to anything else. He communicated quickly back and forth in emails. He was blunt and got right to the point. I did not feel that I was just a number and a source of income for him.
Be prepared for all avenues and to keep an open mind about treatment options
We spoke in his office, not a regular exam room. He asked me about my personal life, work, how far of a dive it was to get to the office. He wanted to get to know me as a person first before discussing anything fertility related.
Describe the protocols Bill Meyer used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
I am diagnosed PCOS with a history of no response to oral medications First 3 rounds: Femara 7.5 mg and Tamoxifen 60 mg. Thought the Tamoxifen would increase the chance of ovulation. 3 cycles with no confirmed ovulation noted from blood work 4th round. Gonal F 75 IU every day at 8 pm. Ultrasound every three days. Did 10 days of Gonal F and had no follicle growth on any scans. Produced more follicles but none got larger than 11 mm. Cycle was cancelled. Was told IVF would be the best bet since I would need to hyper stimulate.
Extremely compassionate. When I would cry in the office everyone was so comforting.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They do not take cash. Everyone was very friendly from the time of setting up the appointments until check out. Not a negative thing to say about this clinic. It is in a very convenient location if you live in the Raleigh area. If not, it is an easy drive. I live 2.5 hours from the clinic and it was a straight shot. They have mini clinics at other treatment centers for initial consultations to make things easier for people who do come from awhile away.
Each ultrasound appointment was $200. Initial consult was $150 Femara and Tamoxifen was covered under insurance. Injections were $1,000+ Gas to and from appointments $500+ Days off of work since it is the closest fertility clinic to me.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I feel like she [Dr. Couchman] was very experienced in what she was doing. She explained all of the risks and possible bumps down the road. She prepared us for the worst but hoped for the best along side of us. She was always very honest with us.... After our first negative test with one embryo transferred she adjusted and transferred two embryos, we got pregnant and lost it. After losing that we were going back for our third transfer and found out we were pregnant on our own.
They [Carolina Conceptions] were timely with appointments and you were in and out for ultrasound or lab tests in no time. We were miscarrying on the weekend and they got us in on a Sunday morning to do an ultrasound to verify what we thought we knew. They also brought us back the next day to do another ultrasound and lab work. They were compassionate and understanding of what we were going through.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
I feel like she was very experienced in what she was doing. She explained all of the risks and possible bumps down the road. She prepared us for the worst but hoped for the best along side of us. She was always very honest with us. Her bedside manner was great as well.
Pregnancy is not a guarantee, no matter who you see.
She took the time to go over and explain everything. We felt like we were heard.
We did one round of IUI with Dr. Couchman, the medications weren’t working. She opted to stop before the insemination and move ahead with the egg retrieval. After our first negative test with one embryo transferred she adjusted and transferred two embryos, we got pregnant and lost it. After losing that we were going back for our third transfer and found out we were pregnant on our own. When telling her that we were pregnant she told us that if we lost that pregnancy she wanted to do a procedure to look at my uterus due to the multiple losses. We lost that baby as well and have yet to make an appointment with her.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They were timely with appointments and you were in and out for ultrasound or lab tests in no time. We were miscarrying on the weekend and they got us in on a Sunday morning to do an ultrasound to verify what we thought we knew. They also brought us back the next day to do another ultrasound and lab work. They were compassionate and understanding of what we were going through.
There were appointments made for the hours in the morning. There was never a long line or seemed like excessive amount of people waiting for the same things.
Medications were expensive but that’s what I expected. My insurance covered a certain portion and after that we paid it. I was prepared for the cost and appreciated the breakdown and financial planning ahead of time.
We cautiously started with one embryo, she asked our opinion and was on board with us moving to two embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
Dr Park is great at explaining things in a way that we, the patient, will understand. He also never makes us feel rushed and allows us allotted time to ask whatever questions we may have. When I’ve contacted him rather by email or phone, he has always gotten back to me and was very responsive.... I have a luteal phase defect and all of my bloodwork came back normal, my husbands SA was fine, I did the HSG so the next step was to do a medicated monitored cycle with timed intercourse.
My only complaint about the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is that it’s hard to get an appointment but I understand that is because they are just that busy. There has been a few times where we had to wait extra days before seeing the doctor because of scheduling. But like I said, I get. The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. They’ve seen me through two miscarriages now and are always very compassionate
European, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park is great at explaining things in a way that we, the patient, will understand. He also never makes us feel rushed and allows us allotted time to ask whatever questions we may have. When I’ve contacted him rather by email or phone, he has always gotten back to me and was very responsive. I don’t know his weaknesses at this point because he’s been great so far.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I literally go in with my notebook and ask every queStion that I possibly have!
Dr Park is very caring and personable but also gives it to you straight. We feel like we can genuinely trust him as he guides us through infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
I have a luteal phase defect and all of my bloodwork came back normal, my husbands SA was fine, I did the HSG so the next step was to do a medicated monitored cycle with timed intercourse. We did Letrozole, ovidrel and I used progesterone suppositories. We got pregnant on the first cycle but unfortunately miscarried.
So far my experience with the nursing staff has been great! They are always quick to return a call, send in a prescription, rely a message to dr Park. After each of my losses they really showed compassion when speaking to me on the phone, too.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My only complaint about the clinic is that it’s hard to get an appointment but I understand that is because they are just that busy. There has been a few times where we had to wait extra days before seeing the doctor because of scheduling. But like I said, I get. The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. They’ve seen me through two miscarriages now and are always very compassionate
Unfortunately we don’t have great insurance so we have had to spend a bit out of pocket but Dr Park and the financial advisor, are both great at helping us determine costs before each procedure or scan.
+ Read more- Read less

I first met Dr. Meyer in Wilmington where we live for our initial consultation. We met and he talked to us first to get to know us and then explained everything in clear and precise detail of what to expect. Everything was laid out for us and made so easy for us. Anytime I had questions at random times of the day I knew I could email him and get a response in a timely manner. I never had to worry or wonder “what’s next” everything was explained to us. We did two IUI’s which failed, so I knew right away I wanted to go straight to IVF, so I met Dr. Meyer again in Wilmington to discuss IVF. Again, he laid everything out for us, explained the process in great detail and got right to it. I then went on to start my first IVF cycle, after egg retrieval, we did a 5 day fresh transfer, which was successful!
Overall from phone calls, front desk, nurses, doctors, embryologist...everybody [at Carolina Conceptions] was so professional, compassionate, quick with responses. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole clinic!.... For IVF we started on birth control for about 10 days, within that 10 days I was monitored to make sure everything looked okay to proceed with the stim injections. I then was able to proceed with injections (menopur and gonul F) from there I did stim a for about 11 days, again during the stim process I was monitored to make sure everything was progressing as it should. Once instructed I started cetrotide injection and also instructed when to trigger for my egg retrevial. I went in for the egg retrevial and then started progesterone injections the next day after retrevial, then I did a 5 day fresh embryo transfer. My results was a positive pregnancy test and I am currently 12 weeks, 2 days!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Trust the processs and trust Dr. Meyer, he will do everything he can to help you!
Dr. Meyer was always there to answer any questions I had even through email. He talked to me and my husband and truly got to know us and our backgrounds. He was always understanding of our wants and needs when it came to our treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Elisa Miller)
Very responsive to my questions and needs, knowledgeable, trust worthy and always so kind.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Overall from phone calls, front desk, nurses, doctors, embryologist...everybody was so professional, compassionate, quick with responses. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole clinic!

2017 - 2019
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] has a huge clientele, one that far outweighs their staff numbers in my opinion. I was not assigned a nurse, which was one of my biggest complaints going through the process when questions or issues would come up outside of hours. The clinic also does not offer any sort of in house financing options, nor do they accept common payment forms like Care Credit.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very professional and explained things well during my consult. When we started treatment, we were happy to hear that Dr. Park did not think we would need to consider IVF, as he felt we would likely conceive from IUI, but that it possibly make take a few attempts. He was also was considerate of my lack of infertility coverage through insurance, and factored that in to medication options, appointment coding (though nothing about IUI was covered), and attempted to balance a good treatment approach while being cost effective at the same time. My disappointment came when Dr. Park didn't see me, or follow up with me during or after either of my IUI's. The 2 week wait is such a roller coaster of emotions, and it would have helped ease my mind to hear from him (or someone) to see how I was feeling, or at least a check in to see if I had a positive pregnancy test at the end. I think that Dr. Park is very knowledgable, and one of the best in his field, but I didn't feel like things and approaches were always thought through as well as they could have been. The clinic is a VERY busy practice and it's impossible to please everyone, but I think unless you're an IVF patient, you don't get the same level of care.
Advocate for yourself! If you feel like something should be added to your protocol, tell him. If something said or certain instructions don't sound right to you, question it! They're human and make mistakes too, so always do you research, know whats what, and don't be afraid to ask! It's easy to feel like you're being bothersome by asking lots of questions, but when you're paying them a lot of money, you should always feel like you're being heard and taken well care of.
I felt like because I was only doing IUI and not paying thousands and thousands of dollars for IVF, my needs and concerns were not as carefully considered once treatment started. Both IUI's, the nurse did the insemination and I didn't see the Dr at any of my appointments beyond my consultation. I felt like I left my first IUI without a clear understanding of what I could and couldn't take (I get headaches, so having a confident, clear understanding of what was safe, was not provided to me initially). Basically I felt like a lot of information was withheld until I asked about it, including, but not limited to more cost effective way to obtain the medications I needed.
Dr. Park thought we would be successful with a basic round of IUI. My protocol was baseline ultrasound, followed by low stimulation (letrozol only), 2nd monitoring ultrasound and finally the trigger shot before insemination day. While I was going through treatment, I had spoke to several friends also going through treatment, as well as my own researched, and I was curious why progesterone wasn't part of my protocol, especially with my history of spotting after ovulation, deeming me to have a "luteal phase deficiency". Dr. Park agreed that it couldn't hurt, so we added progesterone suppositories to my second cycle, which seemed to help, but still did not result in a pregnancy. After 2 failed cycles, I contacted Dr. Park to see if he had any insight on why we weren't successful yet. He confirmed that I responded exactly as I should have to the meds, and my husbands sample was just fine on insemination day, and that basically we just needed to keep trying, as IUI can often take multiple attempts. After that, we stopped treatment to gather our thoughts, reassess finances and just emotionally get over our 2 failed attempts.
The nursing staff was always pleasant at each visit. In fact, after my initial consultation, the nurses were the only ones I saw at each visit. I was not assigned a nurse, so when I would contact the nurse line for questions, they were all pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic has a huge clientele, one that far outweighs their staff numbers in my opinion. I was not assigned a nurse, which was one of my biggest complaints going through the process when questions or issues would come up outside of hours. The clinic also does not offer any sort of in house financing options, nor do they accept common payment forms like Care Credit. Infertility treatment is a huge financial burden for so many, and having some options would help so many, including myself. Otherwise, everyone is prompt, friendly, compassionate and knowledgable.
For a very basic approach, our cost was around $1500 each attempt. Future attempts will be more aggressive and much more expensive. Monitoring ultrasouds: $250/each. I only needed 2 Semen Analysis: $148 Meds: around $300 (letrozole and ovidrell) Insemination day: $480
I haven't done IVF yet, though we were asked by our Dr if we were interested in an IVF clinical trial. We're currently working on securing funds to proceed with the IVF clinical trial, or continue with further IUI attempts.
+ Read more- Read less

When meeting with Dr.Parks he always explains every detail down to the core. He uses diagrams and pictures to show specifically what he is talking about throughout the doctor visit. Furthermore, he exceeds expectations of what a person struggling with infertility would expect of there doctor.... The first time meeting with Dr. Parks I noticed that he was a wonderful listener. I explained the problems we were having and he used his critical thinking to narrow down the problem that could be leading to our infertility. Immediately after listening to our problems he began diagnostics to narrow the problem down specifically. Next, he gave us our options and was willing to work with us all across the board.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is very flexible. The staff is nice and have always treated me with the upmost respect throughout my stuggles. This clinic is dependable, flexible, friendly, and have hard working employees. Also, very punctual which is important when going through this journey... She [the nurse] is wonderful. Anytime, I send her a message she will respond back within minutes. It could be in the middle of the night and she always provide me with an answer.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
To provide all of the information needed to have a successful journey because he is willing to listen and find the best option for his patients.
Well my protocol is the lupron protocol. Being that my amh is higher it appears to work better to try bcp and lupron to prevent the chances of ohss which is very important to prevent a uncessful cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
She is wonderful. Anytime, I send her a message she will respond back within minutes. It could be in the middle of the night and she always provide me with an answer.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is very flexible. The staff is nice and have always treated me with the upmost respect throughout my stuggles. This clinic is dependable, flexible, friendly, and have hard working employees. Also, very punctual which is important when going through this journey.
The costs for IVF are high. However,this clinic provides patients with a financial advisor.
My clinic prefer to use a single embryo transfer for those who are under 35 to prevent complications from multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park made sure to thoroughly explain our treatment plan each appointment as things progressed and evolved, and at the very beginning gave us a detailed explanation about what different treatment options would look like if throughout testing they were deemed as necessary. It was always easy to get an appointment with him, which made the fertility process go so much faster. After only 3 months we were able to get pregnant!...
They [Carolina Conceptions] also made sure you could talk to a financial counselor at any point that would lay out what everything would cost...The clinic was clean, and all of the support staff was very helpful and kind! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure you had a good experience. It was very easy to make appointments, whether that was with the lab for bloodwork or with a doctor...I underwent basic testing (HSG, various bloodwork) and they discovered that I was not ovulating regularly. I was put on a protocol of letrozole followed by a shot of Ovidrel and timed intercourse. We were able to get pregnant that very first cycle!
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I could not have imagined a better experience. Dr. Park made sure to thoroughly explain our treatment plan each appointment as things progressed and evolved, and at the very beginning gave us a detailed explanation about what different treatment options would look like if throughout testing they were deemed as necessary. It was always easy to get an appointment with him, which made the fertility process go so much faster. After only 3 months we were able to get pregnant!
Trust him, and don't be afraid to ask questions. He is a great doctor and is very helpful at answering any questions you may have.
Dr. Park was extremely kind and supportive throughout our care with him. He was empathetic to how difficult it is to struggle with infertility and always took the time to answer our questions so that we never felt rushed during an appointment. He had a phenomenal bedside manner!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was clean, and all of the support staff was very helpful and kind! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure you had a good experience. It was very easy to make appointments, whether that was with the lab for bloodwork or with a doctor. They also had a financial coordinator who was always available to let you know how much each test would cost, so you weren't blindsided.
Most all procedures or appointments were far more reasonable than I anticipated. They also made sure you could talk to a financial counselor at any point that would lay out what everything would cost.
+ Read more- Read less
I started off with Femara for 3 months [with Dr. Bill Meyer] and my body barely responded. Moved onto An injectable cycle with Gonal f, Cetrotide, Ovidrel with Assisted iui... is very straightforward with his fertility expertise. He’ll tell you how it is and does not give you The runaround. I would actually recommend him to someone that doesn’t expect too much of A fuzzy and warm bedside manner. He’s smart, to the point, and Thorough. He’s Very responsive and helpful. He’s A very busy Dr. but he definitely does take that moment to respond to your questions and concerns. I just love how he doesn’t take too long to draw up A plan for us. Even when my Body did not respond with Femara after the 3 rounds, I expressed my thoughts on wanting to be aggressive and moving on to injections. He went ahead and allowed me to start right away after Some tests were done.
I had 2 nurses throughout my time there [at Carolina Conceptions]. They were very sweet, informative, and caring. They’ll call you back if you leave them A message. And those nurses that make those calls are also great!...Cost me $5000 for my injectable medications, HSG, bloodwork, ultrasound, office visits, iui class, day of insemenation, spermwash...They are actually located in A very busy area due to them being by A hospital. Parking is always available. Early morning appointments are the best. I’d recommend going in around 7:30am.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is very straightforward with his fertility expertise. He’ll tell you how it is and does not give you The runaround. I would actually recommend him to someone that doesn’t expect too much of A fuzzy and warm bedside manner. He’s smart, to the point, and Thorough. He’s Very responsive and helpful. He’s A very busy Dr. but he definitely does take that moment to respond to your questions and concerns. I just love how he doesn’t take too long to draw up A plan for us. Even when my Body did not respond with Femara after the 3 rounds, I expressed my thoughts on wanting to be aggressive and moving on to injections. He went ahead and allowed me to start right away after Some tests were done.
Before you go for your consultation, prepare A list of questions. Be prepared financially if you plan on going in for An injectable cycle. As it is very costly depending on your insurance.
This Fertility clinic treats you with respect and always acknowledges your presence.
I started off with Femara for 3 months and my body barely responded. Moved onto An injectable cycle with Gonal f, Cetrotide, Ovidrel with Assisted iui.
I had 2 nurses throughout my time there. They were very sweet, informative, and caring. They’ll call you back if you leave them A message. And those nurses that make those calls are also great!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinics communication skills are great. Appointments are always on time and results are very fast to obtain. It’ll be great to have A patient portal to communicate with Doctors or nurses, but they don’t have that here. You’ll have to call everytime you need something. They are actually located in A very busy area due to them being by A hospital. Parking is always available. Early morning appointments are the best. I’d recommend going in around 7:30am.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Not much change between cycles to better suit my specific needs [with Dr John Park]. We were always shown statistics on why the procedures should have worked rather than trying to figure out what it was specifically about me that was going wrong...was very kind, but unfortunately he just didn’t have any answers as to why our procedures kept failing. He was patient with us at every appointment and was very understanding of our frustrations that worsened after every failed attempt
Costs [at Carolina Conceptions]...affordable, compared to what we were expecting. IVF was about $15,000 for our protocol...Appointment start times often ran late. The clinic was extremely busy at all times and it did feel a bit like a conveyer belt. Availability with Dr. Park we’re often 4-6 weeks out. Would have been helpful if some appointment times were held for necessary last minute appointments...The head nurse, Terry was absolutely amazing. I always felt well taken care of whenever we were seen.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very kind, but unfortunately he just didn’t have any answers as to why our procedures kept failing. He was patient with us at every appointment and was very understanding of our frustrations that worsened after every failed attempt
Do your own research and bring your own suggestions (acupuncture, diet, supplements, etc.)
Not much change between cycles to better suit my specific needs. We were always shown statistics on why the procedures should have worked rather than trying to figure out what it was specifically about me that was going wrong.
We completed three rounds of clinic with IUI. We were given the option of times intercourses, but wanted to try to be as proactive as possible. I triggered these rounds with ovidrel only. These resulted in 3 negative pregnancy tests. We then moved on to Invocell IVF with limited stimulation. This resulted in only 2 eggs retrieved and neither inseminating. Then we did two rounds of traditional IVF with very limited changes in dosage on the second round. The first resulted in 26 eggs retrieved, 4 embryos sent for PGS testing on day 6, and 0 coming back normal. The second resulted in 29 eggs retrieved, with 0 progressing normally on day 3.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Costs were e trembly affordable, compared to what we were expecting. IVF was about $15,000 for our protocol.
We never reached a stage where this decision had to be made, so I’m unsure.
+ Read more- Read less

he [Dr. Bill Meyer] was shocked to see that we were having such a hard time conceiving at our age. The only thing That was a little iffy to me was that he talked pretty fast so it was difficult to keep up with and remember all the things he said. He was determined to get us answers and even tried to see if there was a way to get the testing covered under our insurance...wanted to run quite a few tests on both me and my husband. Sperm analysis, blood draws, and he also wanted to do an ultrasound with contrast to looks at my ovaries. We’re still waiting on some testing now.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was well kept and organized and the nurses were compassionate. The only weakness I found was that all the testing that we needed to have done had to be done at their office which is about 2 hours away from where we live. Everything else was great!...My husband is in the military and the clinic was very helpful with that...offer some amazing discounts for military couples. I believe it’s around 50% depending on the procedure
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was actually fantastic in my opinion. I saw him at an office down in Wilmington and he was shocked to see that we were having such a hard time conceiving at our age. The only thing That was a little iffy to me was that he talked pretty fast so it was difficult to keep up with and remember all the things he said. He was determined to get us answers and even tried to see if there was a way to get the testing covered under our insurance.
One piece of advice would be to take a note pad with you to take notes
He really seemed to confident in being able to get us some answers as to why we were having so many issues
Dr. Meyer wanted to run quite a few tests on both me and my husband. Sperm analysis, blood draws, and he also wanted to do an ultrasound with contrast to looks at my ovaries. We’re still waiting on some testing now.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
As a new patient (and being an infertility newbie) I was super nervous going to this office. I wasn’t sure what they were going to do or what questions they would ask. Dr. Meyer was amazing at keeping me calm throughout the whole thing and was comforting when I explained our situation. The clinic was well kept and organized and the nurses were compassionate. The only weakness I found was that all the testing that we needed to have done had to be done at their office which is about 2 hours away from where we live. Everything else was great!
My husband is in the military and the clinic was very helpful with that. Unfortunately our insurance does not cover any infertility treatments but the clinic does offer some amazing discounts for military couples. I believe it’s around 50% depending on the procedure
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Park was very understanding and personable during our visit with him. He told us multiple options we had in moving forward and never put any pressure on us, which made us very comfortable under his care.... My husband and I did a round of the IUI treatment. Dr Park explained what to expect throughout the process and even got us started that day after our consultation which was great. We started with the initial ultrasound and then went home and took our oral medications as prescribed.
I do think the front desk and nursing staff [Carolina Conceptions] could be a little more friendly and personable. I understand they see lots of people everyday but they didn’t seem very “warm and welcoming” as the doctor did.... Most of the nurses seemed friendly but weren’t very personable. They made me feel much more like a number rather than a patient.... We paid a consultation fee, the fee for each ultrasound done, and then the fee for the procedure itself.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park was very understanding and personable during our visit with him. He told us multiple options we had in moving forward and never put any pressure on us, which made us very comfortable under his care. We are planning to see him again within the next month for further treatment and we are looking forward to it! He’s very informative and knowledgeable about the treatments he suggests and is very thorough in explaining each one.
Just to keep up the great work!
Dr. Park was wonderful and very informative to my husband and I. He seemed to really care about pointing us in the right direction and getting us the treatment we need to be able to conceive. Highly recommend him to anyone!
My husband and I did a round of the IUI treatment. Dr Park explained what to expect throughout the process and even got us started that day after our consultation which was great. We started with the initial ultrasound and then went home and took our oral medications as prescribed. He told me what day to do my injection to trigger ovulation and then scheduled what day to come in for the insemenation. Unfortunately we didn’t conceive during that round of IUI but plan to go back soon to talk to Dr Park again about further treatment options.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Dr Parks was wonderful and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist physician. I do think the front desk and nursing staff could be a little more friendly and personable. I understand they see lots of people everyday but they didn’t seem very “warm and welcoming” as the doctor did.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bowling is friendly and compassionate, but she is a bit passive and wishy washy. If you're looking for someone who is blunt, Dr. Bowling is not the right doctor for you. She explains her rationale behind treatment, but in my tough case I've had to do most of the thinking outside the box....Dr. Bowling, however, was willing to actually let me attempt IVF despite an expected poor response. One of the other doctors at the clinic told me he would not go to retrieval for less than 3 follicles, and he didn't think I'd make that minimum.
The front desk staff [Carolina Conceptions] are friendly and often remember my name. They have been more than willing to help direct me to the right person for my various questions. The financial coordinators have been a little more businesslike but are efficient and willing to answer all questions.... I've only just started working with Taylor for my upcoming IVF cycle. She was very friendly and explained things well out our education class. She has been very responsive to questions via email.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bowling is friendly and compassionate, but she is a bit passive and wishy washy. If you're looking for someone who is blunt, Dr. Bowling is not the right doctor for you. She explains her rationale behind treatment, but in my tough case I've had to do most of the thinking outside the box. Thankfully I'm the type of person who will do my own in-depth research, including searching medical journals and reviewing research studies, to educate myself on the most recent information available. Because of this, I've been able to ask more in-depth questions that have led to treatment options that may not have otherwise been suggested. Dr. Bowling, however, was willing to actually let me attempt IVF despite an expected poor response. One of the other doctors at the clinic told me he would not go to retrieval for less than 3 follicles, and he didn't think I'd make that minimum.
Do your own research and ask her about your findings and whether different approaches may be worth trying.
Dr. Bowling is pleasant, yet I have to ask a lot of questions, make suggestions, and generally steer her toward thinking outside the box. She has, however, been very open to trying new things based on research-based suggestions I've made. The clinic overall doesn't really provide a "this is what happens next" approach. I have had to just jump in and make it happen on my own.
Dr. Bowling explained that my body is working very hard to produce follicles each cycle, so additional FSH provided via gonadotropins may not be helpful. However, she concluded that I should try high doses to attempt to recruit more follicles. TI cycle #1: 300 iu Follistim, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel trigger. Expected poor response to gonadotropins, hence the higher dose. I had an early recruited 14mm follicle at the baseline ultrasound that the attending RE thought was a cyst. Stimmed anyway, and only the lone follicle grew. Triggered after only a few days of Follistim. Negative test. TI cycle #2: Start Estradiol on day 20 of previous cycle. 7.5 mg Letrozole for first 5 days + 375 iu Follistim, Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger. Recruited 3 follicles, last ultrasound was on a Saturday and the nurse made the call to trigger. Two were large enough to be mature at trigger. Negative test. TI cycle #3: Start Estradiol on day 20 of previous cycle. Started 7.5 mg Letrozole and 450 iu Follistim on CD1. Stimmed for 12 days, four follicles grew, but not concurrently in size. Only two were large enough to be mature at trigger. Negative test. Currently planning to start a testosterone-primed Microdose Lupron Flare IVF cycle with Omnitrope. The hope is that adding testosterone and HGH will help recruit more and better quality follicles. The Microdose Lupron Flare protocol is often used for women with low ovarian reserve or who are poor responders.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
I've only just started working with Taylor for my upcoming IVF cycle. She was very friendly and explained things well out our education class. She has been very responsive to questions via email. The other nurses I've worked with have also all been very friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff are friendly and often remember my name. They have been more than willing to help direct me to the right person for my various questions. The financial coordinators have been a little more businesslike but are efficient and willing to answer all questions.
My medication and ultrasounds/labs were covered by insurance, so only had to pay a copay for procedures (2-6 ultrasounds each cycle ranging from $30-$55). My medications for my first cycle cost $2,000+, which met my pharmacy deductible for the year. Office visit copays are $85. Medications for my IVF cycle will cost about $5,000+ and the IVF procedure (with Service Worker discount, PGS biopsy, anesthesia, and FET) totals $12,300. Ultrasounds and PGS testing are not included in this price.
Dr. Bowling prefers single embryo transfer.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she [Dr. Bowling] could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. ... I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. ...
I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. ... The office staff [Carolina Conceptions] was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. ... When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
At first I was not as happy with her as my primary doctor because I felt like just another number and that it was just the formality of processing and getting to the next patient, but as time went on we developed a better report and I still am keeping in touch with her via email on the progress of my pregnancy. I think that this has to do with some of the challenges and anomalies that have occurred through this process. I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. I have to admit that I am not like most patients and have a very 'give me the facts and don't sugar coat it' type of approach that I can understand is not in typical character of most patients. I felt like once we got there things went great. The day I was released from CC, she came out and personally gave me a hug and asked me to keep in touch. She told me that I am officially on her list of "Amazing patient stories" and can understand why as I have had some crazy things occur.
I would say be open and up front with her about how you would like to receive information and communications. She is a great doctor and I think you just need to be up front with how you want to communicate.
So I will have to admit that at first I felt like a number and I was just being run through the process. I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. Throughout the process, the relationship transformed into a more caring one and I felt that I was treated like a human.
We started using the 'basic' process which is what I found frustrating at first because I have some personal health issues that I felt were yielding different results and expected to have a plan tailored to me given that information. It was discovered that my Progesterone levels were coming back high so I went on a Lupron down regulation where the levels were still the same...went through with the transfer anyway and was not successful. The second round she wanted to test my levels at my baseline and send off for testing and it was discovered that my levels were normal. My only option was to either do a test to check my uterus readiness through a mock transfer and spend the same as a transfer or go in blind. We made the decision to go in blind to move forward with the transfer with success. (We tried to get me ready for a transfer 2 other times previously and I was denied because of the levels being off. I would have preferred to have been tested before since the test was ONLY done locally in their clinic. We could have saved a lot of time and money knowing that.)
I don't recall the nurse that does the scheduling for the transfer, but I felt that she was the best to communicate with. When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The office staff was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. :(
+ Read more- Read less

She is a good balance of reality and hope. ... Dr. Couchman can be a bit cold, but I also feel like she doesn't just waste your time doing things that likely won't work. ... I did an IVF cycle with menopur, testosterone, gonal-f, and something else, and I got very few follicles. I've done many IUIs with different doses of Gonal-F ... But before that, I did feel a bit like she was just putting me through a standard protocol, and I was just another patient.
So I would say, in general, the clinic's approach is more number-like, but overall, if you advocate for yourself and what you want, you will get individual treatment. But the status quo is more number driven, and one size fits all treatment. ... When I first started with Carolina Conceptions, I felt like a human, but there were definitely points along my journey where I haven't.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman can be a bit cold, but I also feel like she doesn't just waste your time doing things that likely won't work. She is a good balance of reality and hope. I have been working with Dr Couchman since conceiving my son, and we've had a lot of insurance-related hurdles, and because we've worked closely together, I feel she has more of an understanding of my case. But before that, I did feel a bit like she was just putting me through a standard protocol, and I was just another patient. However, with my relationship change with Dr. Couchman, the clinic's staff and other doctors also have been friendlier, so I feel like it's a clinic effort as well.
ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELF! Read up on what may be causing your infertility, ask lots of questions, and if something doesn't feel right, bring it up. The tendency with Dr Couchman is to do what works for most, but you know what works for you. Ask for it. Dr Couchman is very reasonable and will listen, but you have to ask to get a different result.
When I first started with Carolina Conceptions, I felt like a human, but there were definitely points along my journey where I haven't. I will say they have gotten a TON better in the last 6 months or so, across the board. Dr. Couchman can be a bit cold, but what I appreciate about her is that she is open to my thoughts on the process and the direction I want to go. There was a cycle (ended up being my best), that I had seen a different dr for my monitoring, who wanted to proceed very early with an IUI with just one follicle. I tried to push back, but the other dr was fairly adamant. I emailed Dr. Couchman later, and she came up with a plan that actually netted 9 eggs eventually. So I would say, in general, the clinic's approach is more number-like, but overall, if you advocate for yourself and what you want, you will get individual treatment. But the status quo is more number driven, and one size fits all treatment.
The nurses associated with my FET and egg retrieval "in the back" were great! Very compassionate and sweet and caring. The front staff is kind of hit or miss, some are very nice, most are just so so. The lab staff are also very nice. The embroyologist we had was not very nice, borderline cranky.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
There seems to be an effort underway over the last 6 months to be friendlier, everyone is chattier, smiles more, and just more caring and friendly overall. I did have a few instances a few months back where the HCP doing my exam over a few of the appointments (different people each time) had to have a chaperone, which was a little weird, but overall, they seem to be trying to be nicer. I will say, they default your treatment overall, and if you feel something should be different, you need to speak up, across the board.
$15,125 for one IVF cycle, just clinic services, nothing additional
Carolina Conceptions has guidelines for this, but we didn't have multiple to transfer, so wasn't an issue for us. In general, I felt their guidelines were very responsible and reasonable.
+ Read more- Read less

It was the very first appointment ever with any fertility specialist and it was extremely quick with IVF the only option. She [Dr. Bowling] went over a print out of the IVF process and let me know how I would schedule a nurse visit to begin. She asked very little questions and gave very little response to my concerns. Not that she ignored them but I did not feel as if she wanted to address them. I felt like a number because the appointment was so quick, my husband was not able to be there yet they wanted me to schedule a nurse visit to begin the cycle at that time.
I do not like the fact that at my first consult (with my husband not even in attendance) I was in and out quickly with IVF as the planned course of action. They [Carolina Conceptions] wanted me to schedule the nurse class (where you also paid in full) upon checkout for the next couple of weeks. It seemed very quick and like a number to be in and out. While I appreciate wanting to help me (we would love to be pregnant in 2 weeks!) it felt as if it was without my questions, concerns and fears addressed.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
We only visited one time. After that visit I knew she was not the Doctor for me. I had no doubt she was extremely knowledgeable and capable, but personality and the way I felt rushed with very little info made me switch to another clinic.
Have an extensive list of questions and do not let the appointment end without them being addressed even if you have to push for that. Ask for additional tests (at the time I did not know what to ask or that I even should) as she did not give any other options.
First I have to say I hate giving negative reviews but I was not impressed with this office. Dr. Bowling was very welcoming upon introduction however was very blunt. While I appreciated her being straightforward, that is not my personality type. It was the very first appointment ever with any fertility specialist and it was extremely quick with IVF the only option. She went over a print out of the IVF process and let me know how I would schedule a nurse visit to begin. She asked very little questions and gave very little response to my concerns. Not that she ignored them but I did not feel as if she wanted to address them. I felt like a number because the appointment was so quick, my husband was not able to be there yet they wanted me to schedule a nurse visit to begin the cycle at that time.
I only had first consult.
I only met with the lab and the check in for vitals etc. They were both friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff was SO welcoming. They answered questions and made you feel more comfortable. I do not like the fact that at my first consult (with my husband not even in attendance) I was in and out quickly with IVF as the planned course of action. They wanted me to schedule the nurse class (where you also paid in full) upon checkout for the next couple of weeks. It seemed very quick and like a number to be in and out. While I appreciate wanting to help me (we would love to be pregnant in 2 weeks!) it felt as if it was without my questions, concerns and fears addressed.
I do know for my case, 1 embryo would have been the approach

4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] diagnosed my problem instantly, and didn’t just keep me on hormones like the other doctors. My tubes both had to be removed and then we started the ivf cycle...is very professional and was always there to answer any questions or concerns we had about the treatments. He’s done both my ivf cycles and we have been nothing but happy and satisfied with them both. He’s very caring and has great bedside manner...
I don’t think they [Carolina Conceptions] have any weaknesses, they act like a team and are always willing to help anyway they can. They greet you with a smile from start to finish. There very thorough in going thru this whole process. There open 7 days a week and have very flexible hours...In my first ivf cycle. We first removed my tubes, then started ivf in the next month. We then started with the egg retrieval and retrieved eggs and had them tested. Only had two tested and they both were healthy. We implanted both and only one took. Second round we retrieved a lot more and froze them only implanted one embryo and we are pregnant with our second child.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is very professional and was always there to answer any questions or concerns we had about the treatments. He’s done both my ivf cycles and we have been nothing but happy and satisfied with them both. He’s very caring and has great bedside manner.
He’s wonderful and makes you feel calm about the process and knows his stuff. He has had lots of years of practice and knows what he is doing.
He diagnosed my problem instantly, and didn’t just keep me on hormones like the other doctors. My tubes both had to be removed and then we started the ivf cycle. Dr. Meyer and his staff have been there for me through both my rounds of ivf treatment and will get you the results you want and need. They have your best interest at heart. If you have any questions you can email him anytime and there quick to respond. It’s a great practice and I would do it all over again with them.
They have been wonderful, always happy which makes you happy in return. Will answer any question you have or anything you need.,
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don’t think they have any weaknesses, they act like a team and are always willing to help anyway they can. They greet you with a smile from start to finish. There very thorough in going thru this whole process. There open 7 days a week and have very flexible hours.
We paid out of pocket both times. But we have a beautiful child and one more on the way. Insurance wouldn’t cover anything but the cost were $15,000 first time and $16,000. Second time. To have two children it’s worth it to us cause at one point we thought there would be none.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos...very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
The nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] was excellent. I had most of my monitoring appointments with Shannon and she was very friendly and encouraging...Carolina Conceptions is a large practice with many team members, but I liked all of the ones I met. You have a primary doctor, but for things that can't be scheduled like egg retrieval, you may have a different doctor performing the procedure. I mainly saw Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling during IVF, and I liked both of them a lot. The front desk staff is excellent, as are the financial coordinators and the practice manager, Nikki.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is a wealth of knowledge.
At each of my sit down visits with him, Doctor Meyer came out to get me from the waiting room himself. If I would pass him during a monitoring only visit, he would always say hi to me and ask how I was doing. I really appreciated this.
We did an antagonist protocol which included Gonal-F, Menopur, and cetrotide because of my higher AMH. I did a dual Lupron and HCG trigger because I was at risk for overstimulation. One of my ovaries responded better than the other, and so Dr. Meyer extended the stimulation by a day to try and let the other ovary catch up. Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos.
The nursing staff was excellent. I had most of my monitoring appointments with Shannon and she was very friendly and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I believe one IVF cycle was quoted around $10,500, not including monitoring or medication. PGS testing was $3,500 for the biopsy.
For me, Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring a single embryo due to the high risk nature of becoming pregnant with multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

I would definitely recommend Dr. Couchman because I feel confident that she is an expert in her field and I trust that she did everything in her power to help me become pregnant. She's not always warm and fuzzy but she tells you like it is and I respect that.... You mostly see nurses during office visits (they are great with questions too!). You can email Dr. Couchman, but I feel like I'm being annoying if I do this often or if I have long emails because her answers are short and sweet.
The nurses [Carolina Conceptions] have been wonderful! They return calls promptly, answer questions well, encourage you, and are the ones you see most....friendly front desk and nurses, knowledgeable staff, lab draws always go smoothly and the lab staff is great, embryologists know their stuff... Weaknesses: Providing details and thorough information about diagnoses, treatment, results-I'm sure this is tough because too much info for some patients may be bad.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
When you have appointments with her, have your questions ready! You mostly see nurses during office visits (they are great with questions too!). You can email Dr. Couchman, but I feel like I'm being annoying if I do this often or if I have long emails because her answers are short and sweet. She probably means nothing negative by this. She seems like she is super busy!
I like that Dr. Couchman is realistic, to-the-point, and obviously knows what she is talking about. Sometimes, I feel like it is hard to get thorough answers and explanations about my treatment. I want to know every little detail and would LOVE to be able to look at all of my medication orders, office notes, labs, etc on a patient portal. I appreciate that Dr. Couchman replies to most emails. It would've been nice to have her or a nurse to call or email to check in on me after my egg retrieval because recovery was harder than expected. I had to email with an update on my symptoms to be sure this was normal and there was nothing more I could do.
I did 1 round of medicated timed intercourse and 1 IUI each with Letrozole, Gonal-F 150 (I did not need Cetrotide but had it in case), and Ovidrel. With IVF, I was on birth control for a month then did Gonal-F 225 with 2 vials Menopur, added Cetrotide and ended up reducing Gonal-F and Menopur doses, then triggered with Lupron and a low dose of HCG. I have high AMH and am over 35. I had 39 eggs retrieved and 16 embryos made it to freeze. We did PGS testing and ended up with 5 normal embryos. We transferred one and we are pregnant!
The nurses have been wonderful! They return calls promptly, answer questions well, encourage you, and are the ones you see most. If they don't know an answer, they will find out.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: High success rates!!, friendly front desk and nurses, knowledgeable staff, lab draws always go smoothly and the lab staff is great, embryologists know their stuff and are very nice Weaknesses: Providing details and thorough information about diagnoses, treatment, results-I'm sure this is tough because too much info for some patients may be bad. I am just one that loves to know it all upfront and see it. Having no portal to view my records is a bit of a challenge for me. You have to trust and ask questions along the way.
Well-organized and I was able to ask the nurse questions
The clinic has been open about how they prefer single embryo transfer. I agree that this is safest for mom and baby.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
For my most recent round of IVF [with Dr. Meyer] in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle....It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Even through multiple treatments Dr. Meyer always made us feel very confident that we could tackle whatever came next. He is very knowledgable and honest and we really appreciated that. Regardless of the procedure or test or treatment he always made sure we understood the process and that I was comfortable. He is very quick to respond when we needed something or just had a question or even just to ease nerves. My husband and I really liked that he is honest and straight forward. We are so sad to leave his care but extremely happy to have been his patient and to have success with his care.
Trust him and know he is always on your side!
Dr. Meyer and all other nurses and staff were very helpful through every step of the journey. It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
I do not remember too much about treatments before we began our FET cycles. However with FET; cycles started with birth control for a couple weeks, then estrogen pills daily, PIO (initially 1ml but then raised to 2 on most recent cycle) for about 5 days before the embryo transfer. The first 2 cycles for us also consisted of a steroid however they changed their protocol and no longer use the steroid. I also took low dose aspirin once I began the PIO. For my most recent round of IVF in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle. FET 1 - Miscarriage FET 2 - Negative FET 3 - Negative ERA FET 4 - Positive/ Twins
Nurse at Carolina Conceptions were always SO friendly and were just as invested in my care as Dr. Meyer. They always returned calls or emails very promptly. I never had to worry about not having refills on medication in time. All of their nurses are always ten steps ahead!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions are VERY organized and efficient. I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes in the waiting room whether I was a walk in or had an appointment. When I was working they always worked around my schedule and I was always able to get there early and make it to work in time so that the appointments never really interfered with work. It is such a warm and friendly environment, you never feel stressed coming into the office.
Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring one embryo. After the third treatment, also after having done a cycle for ERA (results indicated we were transferring during the correct window) he gave us the option to transfer two because we hadn't been successful the past two times.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. John Park] just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby...He is quick to listen and hear out your concern...He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly.
I would recommend [Carolina Conceptions] a million times over...they have become family. They excel in every area...Everyone has been excellent both last time and this current time! All have been very supportive and amazing... and patient... sooooo patient...The first round of IVF with no insurance help was probably close to 15K... this time around with egg donor and insurance I would say it will be closer to 14K with meds
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
We love Dr. Park. He is quick to listen and hear out your concern. He treats you like a human and not just a vagina. I can literally not say enough good things about him. He has seen us through thick and thin. Through smiles and excicwment to heartbreak and tears. He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly. He just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby. We are in the final couple of weeks before transferring our egg donor embryo, so I will definitely update that experience as well!
Be open. Tell him your concerns... don’t hold back. Relax. You’re in good hands.
Working in health care I am extremely picky when it comes to how I treat patients and in turn how I am treated as a patient. Bedside manner is extremely important. Dr. Park won my husband over the second we walked in the door(he’s not a huge fan of guy doctors when it comes to female issues)... but from the second we walked in... a good firm hand shake and seeing pictures of football and other interests they had in common, everything just seemed to click. Dr. Park heard our every concern, gently explained all our options... always has and still it very supportive. I have recommended numerous friends to him. Working night shift, I always seem to have questions late night and will email him. He responds right away even at 11pm. Dr. Park did my surgery to remove my tubes. Of course, we were very hesistant but after he explained why this would be the better option, it was a no brainer. And after the surgery and hearing the report, I was so thankful we went through with it. I had no idea how sick my tubes truly were. When our first round of IVF failed, he was so incredibly sympathetic and supportive. A year later when we knew egg donor was our only option, he was very supportive of our decision with this and was excited when I showed him who I wanted off the list! He has stood by us thick and thin and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is the absolute best. He listens. He truly cares. And although he knows his stuff and is extremely thorough.... the listening and caring part come first because if I don’t feel heard, I cannot trust you to take care of me.
We realized my tubes were blocked pretty much instantly. My appendix burst when I was a kid and I had gangrene. It completely destroyed by tubes and ovaries(we didn’t know my ovaries had taken a hit until after retrieval). We stimulated my ovaries with menopur and gonal-f. I had checks every couple of days. We retrieved and when I was noticed thede
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We went to a place prior to this and got lots of medical field insight on other places... I would recommend CC a million times over... they have become family. They excel in every area. I am so thankful we chose to go with them and for the people that highly recommended them to us!

2014 - 2018
Dr. Couchman is a phenomenal doctor. She is attentive, compassionate, confident in the work she does, and has instilled confidence and reassurance in me and my husband every step of the way. She has never once been pushy about a treatment and has been patient with us as we have arrived at IVF in our own time.... She has also taught me the best diet and exercise program given that I have PCOS. I don't think I have anything negative to say about Dr. Couchman...
They are friendly and welcoming. They also have a fantastic reputation and have a well thought out process. It is clean and comfortable, and my favorite thing is that they are not pushy.... I also want to point out that Carolina Conceptions offers education classes on the science behind the treatment. I feel extremely informed and know exactly what is happening with my body.... The nursing staff is always smiling and has made me very comfortable in every interaction.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman is a phenomenal doctor. She is attentive, compassionate, confident in the work she does, and has instilled confidence and reassurance in me and my husband every step of the way. She has never once been pushy about a treatment and has been patient with us as we have arrived at IVF in our own time. It is clear that it is important that her patients understand all procedures and options. She has also taught me the best diet and exercise program given that I have PCOS. I don't think I have anything negative to say about Dr. Couchman; I would recommend anyone in my situation to go to her.
Even with an amazing doctor, it is a tough journey to go through. Trust Dr. Couchman, she will steer you down the right path.
Dr. Couchman has been wonderful through our journey. From the moment we walk in the office to the moment we leave, we feel special and important. The administrators know us and ask about our personal lives, the nurses are involved in our process, and Dr. Couchman has been patient with us as we have made tough decisions. Dr. Couchman also championed our successes and was comforting in times of heartache. I feel lucky to have landed with such an incredible treatment center.
My OBGYN recommended me to Grace Couchman after a few rounds of treatment that were unsuccessful. When I met with Dr. Couchman she went through all of my records and immediately asked me to do a lifestyle change of eating low carb and no sugar because of my PCOS. She then went through all the possible treatments we could try and what will work best for our situation. We tried a combination of oral meds and injections with intercourse. Our next option was IUI, but Dr. Couchman recommended we do IVF because the chances of pregnancy would be much better. We waited until we were ready and discussed it several times with Dr. Couchman until we were ready. It took my husband and me a while to get there. We just finished our retrieval and everything is going extremely well. We are looking forward to the next two months as we move into our preparation for our frozen transfer. I also want to point out that Carolina Conceptions offers education classes on the science behind the treatment. I feel extremely informed and know exactly what is happening with my body.
They are awesome! The nursing staff is always smiling and has made me very comfortable in every interaction.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Again, it's a great place and I feel fortunate to be a patient there. They are friendly and welcoming. They also have a fantastic reputation and have a well thought out process. It is clean and comfortable, and my favorite thing is that they are not pushy.
15,000 for IVF, 4,000 for meds, 1,050 for genetic testing, 475 annually to keep frozen embryos
Carolina Conceptions has a strict approach on eSET. There are several criteria that are required in order to qualify for a 2 embryo transfer. Again, they are very thorough in explaining why they do this.

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day.... The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. I am very thankful to be going through this process with Dr Park and the staff at Carolina Conceptions. They were very knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and patient when I asked my many questions.... I did my monitoring visits at my local OBGYN. Carolina Conceptions did an awesome job working with my local OBGYN.... The IVF cost was broken down into monitoring visits, baseline ultrasound, monitoring fees
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr Park. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and has been wonderful to work with. He has made this tough situation a lot more pleasant. He went out of his way to make my husband and I more comfortable with everything going on and make sure that we knew all the steps that we were fixing to take.
Don’t hesitate to ask all your questions.
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day. He has made this whole experience less stressful and I am thankful to have him as my doctor.
The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots. I went in for maintenance appointments that included lab work and ultrasounds. We had to adjust my Gonal dosage because my follicles were not progressing the way that they wanted them to. After increasing my dosage my follicles looked great. Unfortunately, my progesterone level was too high at that point so my cycle was canceled after the egg retrieval. I am currently in the frozen embryo transfer cycle and will hopefully have the transfer in the next couple of days.
They were all extremely nice and were very helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don’t live in the Raleigh area and have to commute for the “big appointments “. I did my monitoring visits at my local OBGYN. Carolina Conceptions did an awesome job working with my local OBGYN.
The IVF cost was broken down into monitoring visits, baseline ultrasound, monitoring fees (especially if you’re using your local OBGYN instead), medications, etc.
Dr Park strongly suggests only transferring 1 embryo. His reasoning is due to the major risks associated with multiples. He also stated that if a woman has health issues, above the age of 35, and/or failed IVF cycles they will transfer more than 1 embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.... I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease.... We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time.
From the minute you walk in they [Carolina Conceptions] greet you with a smile offer you a drink and snack if you would like and ease your worries. The kindness was so nice. This is a scary time and to be treated with compassion and even hugs was so helpful to me.... They gave me a very detailed break down of possible up coming costs and would attempt to have insurance pay for anything they could. They allow payments also for some things and are reasonable also.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease. He didn’t sugar coat anything explained every single test to me as well as those we have had the last 2 yrs including my results. We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time. Even though I am a nurse I am not an expert in this area and he explained it so I truly got it! All the confusion I have had in the last 2 yrs was gone after my appointment with him.
Ask him anything you will never be a number with Dr. Park. He does not present with the I am a Dr complex he will tell you the truth absolutely.
I previously had been going to another infertility office and they made me feel like a number there. When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.
We began with reviewing my past tests and my spouses also. He fully explained all the results to me so I got it fully. Then we put a plan in place. Thankfully my AMH has some how gone up so now we will be doing an HSG to make sure I have patent tubes. If this is all ok then we will do injections with IUI. He told me about clomid and that we will not be using that and why. If tubes are blocked bilaterally only option will be IVF. I am fully aware of all angles and realize that if this is the case a baby will most likely not happen as we can not afford it. I did not leave with a false sense of hope just 100% knowledge which honestly was refreshing for myself and my husband.
From the front desk to the nurse the kindness and compassion was from when I walked in the door. They knew I was scared and nervous and they completely eased that.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have been to another clinic which was cold and very business like. Carolina Conceptions is nothing like that. From the minute you walk in they greet you with a smile offer you a drink and snack if you would like and ease your worries. The kindness was so nice. This is a scary time and to be treated with compassion and even hugs was so helpful to me.
My insurance paid for the first visit and lab work I just had a copay. They gave me a very detailed break down of possible up coming costs and would attempt to have insurance pay for anything they could. They allow payments also for some things and are reasonable also.
None as we have not discussed this
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person.... I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit.
Strengths: the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was very large and it was not difficult to find people in my community who had success with them. The doctors were all very experienced and had been in the RE field for many years. The clinic did it's best to bill insurance for procedures when possible. The staff seems to remember you, which is nice especially for such a large clinic. Weaknesses: The clinic is very large and it can feel chaotic when you go into a packed waiting room. The finances were laid out for us but there was a discrepancy which we ultimately had to pay for.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt like I was treated not only as a human but as a valued patient. I came to him after several unsuccessful cycles of medication and IUI. I was really interviewing several clinics because I wanted to be confident in my choice if I was going to be spending so much on IVF. Dr. Meyer listened to my questions and concerns and did not have a "god complex" like some of the other doctors I spoke with. He laid out options for me and made me feel confident in how he would care for me and my embryos.
Prepare your questions in advance. You will get a lot of information in each session and you may forget to ask unless you prepare.
Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person. He also set my expectations kind of low which prepared me for the worst while hoping for the best. He made me feel confidence in his honesty.
I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit. I had the egg retrieval, and because I was going to do PGS, I did not continue with hormones because we were going to freeze the eggs (the genetic testing was done in Chicago so the blasts had to be frozen in order to get the testing back first). During egg retrieval they saw a polyp, so I also had to get that removed before I could transfer. To prepare for transfer, I started with birth control, then did baseline bloodwork and a saline u/s. I started injections of progesterone, taking a baby aspirin, and was still taking thyroid medicine. I had the transfer and continued aspirin, thyroid medicine and progesterone. After the pregnancy was confirmed I continued these meds, but due to spotting d/c'ed the aspirin after 6 weeks gestation. Everything went well and we have a baby girl, and are looking forward to our next transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
My nurse was available for the most part, except for once when she was out on vacation. I think that I was spoiled by Dr. Meyer responding to me day and night, and maybe expected too much from her in this instance. She was extremely kind and took time to explain the processes I was going through.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: the clinic was very large and it was not difficult to find people in my community who had success with them. The doctors were all very experienced and had been in the RE field for many years. The clinic did it's best to bill insurance for procedures when possible. The staff seems to remember you, which is nice especially for such a large clinic. Weaknesses: The clinic is very large and it can feel chaotic when you go into a packed waiting room. The finances were laid out for us but there was a discrepancy which we ultimately had to pay for.
I participated in a program where I paid for three IVF cycles up front (medication, scans not included) and if I did not bring home a baby from the hospital after all cycles I would get that money refunded. I ended up paying roughly 29,000 for three cycles, plus the cost of medication, PGS, and monitoring at a clinic near me (I live in Asheville and CC does not have an office nearby).
Dr. Meyer explained the risk of transferring two embryos and the chance that those embryos could divide and result in even more babies. He explained the risk of a multiple pregnancy to both myself and the babies.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me.... I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information.... The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions.
I think this is a very welcoming clinic. The office manager [Carolina Conceptions] is great at what she does and is so upbeat you can't help but feel good things will happen. Going through this process is very uncomfortable, but I do think the staff understands that and does what they can to put you at ease.... I think the cost of the IUI was around $800 including all fees. This was including remote monitoring fee, the procedure itself, and medication. We have been quoted around $10,000 for IVF plus the separate cost of medications. This is included a $2000 discount for being a registered nurse.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information. I was stunned when I found out the statistics of success for previous cycles and treatments we had done with another doctor. The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions. My husband and I are about to start IVF and we would've never been able to make this decision with ease without knowing the straight forward facts and statistics that Dr. Park provided.
I would recommend going to each appointment with a list of specific questions and a pen and paper. He gives such detailed answers and it is easy to think you will remember all this information later, but it is nearly impossible. I took notes with all of my conversations with him and it helped a lot. I always felt very informed and capable of making a good treatment decision after speaking with him.
Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me. Anytime I have emailed him with questions he calls me back instead of emails and offers detailed answers. He has never made me feel like there was a stupid question to ask.
I am about to start IVF treatment with Dr. Park, so I can't yet speak on that protocol. However, I did complete an IUI treatment with him. I was on Letrozole for 5 days, days 3-7, and had a total of 2 ultrasounds. One was a baseline ultrasound and the other was on day 12. I was then told to inject with Ovidrel on day 14 and went in for the IUI on day 16. Unfortunately this was an unsuccessful procedure, but I was prepared for this news because Dr. Park had told us the chance of success was only 10%.
I have not had much experience as of yet with the nursing staff. I think I will have a lot of time to get to know them during the IVF process. For the IUI procedure, I think it was a medical assistant that assisted the doctor.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think this is a very welcoming clinic. The office manager is great at what she does and is so upbeat you can't help but feel good things will happen. Going through this process is very uncomfortable, but I do think the staff understands that and does what they can to put you at ease.
I know for our situation, unexplained infertility, Dr. Park is firm on transferring one embryo. He may be open to transferring multiple embryos if we pushed for it, but we have not done so as we do not want the additional risks.
+ Read more- Read less

When I met with Dr. Bowling in person, she was very thorough and kind. She gave me her email address to communicate with her and we had a good back and forth for a while. Eventually, her responses were very delayed and sometimes she wouldn't answer at all.... A nurse did my first ultrasound, another RE did my second, and yet another RE performed my IUI.
I wish a patient portal was an option. The answering system [Carolina Conceptions] when you call is truly ridiculous. You have to listen to an exhaustive number of extension possibilities before you get to the general number at the end. It would be so helpful to be able to send questions or concerns via a secure portal.... I only really remember the one nurse (and maybe she had a different title) that performed my initial ultrasound for IUI. She was very nice and talked me through what we were looking at on the screen.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
After I scheduled my IUI last fall, I never saw Dr. Bowling. We set up the plan via email and I called the first day of my period to initiate ultrasound appointments. A nurse did my first ultrasound, another RE did my second, and yet another RE performed my IUI. I was disappointed that Dr. Bowling didn't seem to be involved in my care at all, but I'm fairly new to this world and wasn't sure what to expect. Going forward, I hope to work with her more closely on my personal care.
Be clear on the best way to reach her/communicate care options with her.
When I met with Dr. Bowling in person, she was very thorough and kind. She gave me her email address to communicate with her and we had a good back and forth for a while. Eventually, her responses were very delayed and sometimes she wouldn't answer at all. The Carolina Conceptions answering system is very long, with a myriad of extensions to reach various people, but connecting directly with my doctor was important to me. Sometimes, a follow-up email will remind her to answer my questions, but overall, I miss the correspondence we had when I was her new patient.
I took oral letrozole for 5 days before using the trigger shot at home. I had 2 ultrasounds (one with a nurse, one with another RE) and the IUI was performed by a third RE. This RE said with my husband's SA numbers at the time, we shouldn't have scheduled this procedure at all.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I wish a patient portal was an option. The answering system when you call is truly ridiculous. You have to listen to an exhaustive number of extension possibilities before you get to the general number at the end. It would be so helpful to be able to send questions or concerns via a secure portal. Most of my other doctors' have them. Otherwise, the rest of the clinic and the staff is fine. Kelly in Finance has been very helpful when I've had questions about what my insurance would cover.
Between the 2 medications and the ultrasounds/IUI procedure, my IUI cost around $1,700.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Couchman is to the point and somewhat blunt. Dr.Couchman isn’t the most warm and welcoming however her experience and education are outstanding. Dr.Couchman seems to stay on top of modern treatments...Bedside manner is not as impressive as I think fertility patients desire. Blunt with opinions, news etc...Letroze 2.5 mg days 3-7 Follistim Aq 900 days 8-12 Ovidrel 250 for trigger Ganitelix as instructed
Knowledgeable staff [at Carolina Conceptions] with top of the line technology and procedures. Money back guarantee on IVF (certain requirements must be met) Main clinic is in a great location... Reaching the clinic via phone is at times impossible, especially if you have a specific extension that you’ve been transferred to, they prefer email. Bedside manner is not as impressive as I think fertility patients desire. Blunt with opinions, news etc.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman is to the point and somewhat blunt. Dr.Couchman isn’t the most warm and welcoming however her experience and education are outstanding. Dr.Couchman seems to stay on top of modern treatments and seems to have high success rates.
I would like future patients to go into the appointment with the understudy Dr.Couchman is a professional at this and though her bedside manner isn’t as warm and fuzzy as you may desire, she is telling you truthful facts and giving you top of the line care.
It is impossible to get in contact with someone is phone. Typically I play phone tag 3 or 4 times before speaking with the person I am trying to reach. The clinic would much rather email and I think that’s very inappropriate as detail is so important in the fertility world.
Letroze 2.5 mg days 3-7 Follistim Aq 900 days 8-12 Ovidrel 250 for trigger Ganitelix as instructed Progesterone suppositories 4 days following Ovidrel for 16 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
The staff is different to contact as I stated previously. Once in contact I did feel that I got the answers I needed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We’ll start with weaknesses. Reaching the clinic via phone is at times impossible, especially if you have a specific extension that you’ve been transferred to, they prefer email. Bedside manner is not as impressive as I think fertility patients desire. Blunt with opinions, news etc. Strengths. Knowledgeable staff with top of the line technology and procedures. Money back guarantee on IVF (certain requirements must be met) Main clinic is in a great location.
I wish I could remember the costs better. I feel that we paid around $250.00 for monitoring transvaginal ultrasounds. A consultation appointment may be around that as well. My husband is a State Trooper and the clinic does offer a great IVF discount for Law Enforcement officers, military, nurses and others I do believe.
Based on articles provided by Dr.Couchmans clinic I feel they lean towards single embryo transfer as they see it has no significant difference in success rates, they feel it’s equally effective as multiple.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward.... My first cycle included 150 iu follistim days 3-8, then one day cetrotide, and then ovidrel to trigger on cd 10. My AMH is one, I had about 5 follicles between 13-15 when they told me to take ovidrel. I feel I was told to trigger too early but they said my follicles were mature enough and they were worried that if I waited another day to trigger that I could have a multiple pregnancy.
This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] has great morning hours, they are good at returning phone calls and always seem eager to help you in any way they can. I do wish they stayed open a little later for after work appointments. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The clinic is a little hard to get to, and traffic here in the morning can be a nightmare.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward. I am only on my second cycle with him but I am very happy so far. I hope he is a little more aggressive this cycle since my last Follistim cycle resulted in a negative.
I would say to a new patient, don't be afraid to ask questions and take your time during your appointments.
Dr. Meyer was polite, professional and helpful. He made me feel like my concerns were valid, and he explained things very well. I didn't feel rushed in my initial consultation with him.
My nurses seemed knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. They were quick, efficient and gentle.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic has great morning hours, they are good at returning phone calls and always seem eager to help you in any way they can. I do wish they stayed open a little later for after work appointments. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The clinic is a little hard to get to, and traffic here in the morning can be a nightmare.
My medications for my first injectables cycle cost $1452.18 plus the copays for each monitoring ultrasound.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Bowling has a positive attitude and has helped uncover a handful of diagnosis that are contributing to infertility.... Sometimes she doesn't have all of the answers because there are so many factors that go into getting and staying pregnant when you have infertility issues.... We began with a saline sonogram to make sure my D&C was complete. In this procedure I learned I had endometriosis and some pretty large cysts.
They [Carolina Conceptions] are excellent at working you in to an appointment. If you need to be seen that morning they allow you to walk in. I like that they have appointments starting as early as 7:30 so that you can still get to work at a reasonable time. The financial staff is super helpful in figuring out the cost of procedures and medicine based on your insurance.... My surgery was $1,700. The scans will now be $250 each with 2-3 per cycle.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Meghan thinks before she speaks on giving advice. She took the time to look over bloodwork and ultrasounds before advising next steps. Dr. Bowling has a positive attitude and has helped uncover a handful of diagnosis that are contributing to infertility.
We began with a saline sonogram to make sure my D&C was complete. In this procedure I learned I had endometriosis and some pretty large cysts. Next, we decided to start with follicle monitoring while on clomid and taking a trigger shot. I took progesterone suppositories after the trigger. We did timed intercourse. The clomid was the help boost my ovaries since my AMH was slightly low. The progesterone was given due to my mid cycle spotting and prior miscarriage. The first cycle I responded, the second I didn't. Since I didn't respond the second time surgery to remove the endo was recommended and completed. More bloodwork was completed to check AMH which rose to normal levels and thyroid which showed positive antibodies. This is linked to recurrent miscarriages, so I am on synthroid to combat that.
They are always very friendly and calming. They talk to you to try to get to know you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are excellent at working you in to an appointment. If you need to be seen that morning they allow you to walk in. I like that they have appointments starting as early as 7:30 so that you can still get to work at a reasonable time. The financial staff is super helpful in figuring out the cost of procedures and medicine based on your insurance.
The drugs were $180 a month and the follicle scans were covered for the first 3 cycles. My surgery was $1,700. The scans will now be $250 each with 2-3 per cycle.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Bowling is always very kind and approachable when I have face-to-face appointments with her. She answers all of my questions. I feel comfortable even asking the silly questions. I always have a lot of questions! The only complaint I would have would be her timeliness answering emails. I know she is probably very busy with other patients so I hate to even bring this up. Sometimes she answers emails in an appropriate amount of time but other times it may take a few days before she answers.
Everyone is so friendly at Carolina Conceptions. From the front desk, to the doctors, lab staff, and the nurses, I always feel comfortable. I never feel like a number there. It is very clean office. I have not had a bad experience at CC.... The nurses at Carolina Conception are super friendly and make you feel very comfortable during ultrasounds and/or procedures. I don't have anything bad to say about the nursing staff.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to have all your questions ready before your appointment. Ask follow up questions to make sure you fully understand the process of a procedure/treatment.
Dr. Bowling is very warm and kind when you speak to her at each appointment. She really seems like she cares and wants to answer my questions to the best of her ability. When I miscarried, I could tell she really was sympathetic to what i was going through.
I was on 1500mg/day of Metformin for all treatment cycles. My first two cycles with Dr. Bowling, I took 5mg of Letrozole on days 3-7 with timed intercourse. I did not fall pregnant with either Letrozole cycle. My third treatment - I took 5 mg of letrozole on days 3-7 and added Gonal-F (150 IU) on days 7-9 with timed intercourse. I chose to do this unmonitored to save money. I did not fall pregnant this cycle. IUI #1 - I took 5 mg of letrozole on days 3-7 and Gonal-F (150 IU) on days 7-9. I was monitored. I went in for a baseline ultrasound and and ultrasound on day 10. I had three mature follicles and triggered with Ovidrel. My IUI was done 36 hours after the trigger shot was taken. My husband gave his sample the day of the IUI. I did fall pregnant this cycle but it unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. For IUI #2&3 I did the same treatment as IUI #1 but unfortunately I have not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My insurance did not cover any fertility expenses other than the consultation but I have a high deductible plan so I still had to pay $177 for my visit. Each ultrasound is about $250. Each IUI is about $400. Plus medication which ranged from $800-$1,200.
Dr. Bowling said she would only transfer one embryo because I was under 35 years old.
+ Read more- Read less

The second we walked in the door, Dr. Couchman knew us by name. She greeted us with a smile and handshake. Each time we are in the office, she continues to remember our names and details about our lives, without glancing at her chart. She truly has an incredible memory! She remembers friends of ours she has treated, where we work, even our dogs and aspects of our lives!...She spoke to me as a nurse, but also explained everything out to my husband. When we left, all of our questions were answered, both of us. Dr. Couchman has been honest, a straight shooter, with us about our particular case, and has been very honest about steps we need to take to make that happen.
So far, we have spent approximately $2,000 and are about to begin IVF, which will be around $15-20,000 [at Carolina Conceptions]...they will only transfer one embryo. Multiples was not listed as an offer...I don't see any weaknesses. CC have been very prompt with getting us in and scheduling appointments, their responsiveness is A+. The atmosphere is very happy and friendly, and everyone is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. They are very compassionate and aware that this is a hard time for patients, and treat them appropriately.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
My experience as a patient is a little different. I am an obstetrics nurse, so I am pretty familiar with infertility treatments, and what that entails. My husband is not medical. Dr. Couchman was great with us! She spoke to me as a nurse, but also explained everything out to my husband. When we left, all of our questions were answered, both of us. Dr. Couchman has been honest, a straight shooter, with us about our particular case, and has been very honest about steps we need to take to make that happen.
Trust her! She truly wants to give you a child, and weighs what she says. Her words are honest, wise and full of knowledge.
We were referred to UNC Infertility first after a year of trying to get pregnant. It was going to take months to get into UNC. My friends had success with Dr. Couchman, and we called and were able to get into them right away. Dr. Couchman looked at my HSG, looked at the SA results, and came up with a plan. We discussed IUI and IVF, and waited to do anything until we had a confirmation SA. We then did another SA, which was also low, and due to my health and age, we attempted IUI. IUI was unsuccessful, and the SA was lower. Dr. Couchman was very real with us about our odds and options. We then opted to pursue IVF, which we are currently getting ready to start. She was wonderful with explaining the process, and simply stated facts. She never tried to advise us one way or another, and happily supported our decisions.
The nursing staff have been exceptional. They have been patient, compassionate and full of knowledge. They have been wonderful through the entire process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
So far, we have spent approximately $2,000 and are about to begin IVF, which will be around $15-20,000.
At CC, as of 2017, they will only transfer one embryo. Multiples was not listed as an offer.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Visiting Dr. Bowling finally answered a lot of the questions we had about why we were unable to get pregnant after trying for nine months. Unfortunately, a key hormone level came back elevated after two blood tests and I was told IVF was our only option but that donor eggs were the only solution... I came across many women who were in a similar situation that were allowed to try with their own eggs and some were successful. After bringing this up to Dr. Bowling, she pushed again for donor eggs which I assumed (correctly or incorrectly, I'm not sure) that she and her facility were not willing to let me try with my own eggs at least one cycle. This is why my recommendation for her is low and why I have moved on to another facility.
All the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were nice and explained each step of the procedures we completed prior to them starting...We paid out-of-pocket for all of our visits and procedures but they offered a discount. The HSG was originally $850 but we paid $537, semen analysis (including strict morphology) was originally $227 but we paid $83, and initial lab workup was $330 with the follow-up test around $60. Medications were approximately $50 total.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Visiting Dr. Bowling finally answered a lot of the questions we had about why we were unable to get pregnant after trying for nine months. Unfortunately, a key hormone level came back elevated after two blood tests and I was told IVF was our only option but that donor eggs were the only solution. After a bit of research, I came across many women who were in a similar situation that were allowed to try with their own eggs and some were successful. After bringing this up to Dr. Bowling, she pushed again for donor eggs which I assumed (correctly or incorrectly, I'm not sure) that she and her facility were not willing to let me try with my own eggs at least one cycle. This is why my recommendation for her is low and why I have moved on to another facility.
If you feel uncomfortable about any abnormal lab result, speak up. I was told initially about my elevated hormone level after the first draw but she said it wasn't anything to worry about at that time. Turns out it was and if I had known that then, I would've made more of an effort to get the repeat labs drawn sooner.
Dr. Bowling was informative and explained everything at a level that we understood. She replied promptly to any questions we had and was accessible via phone or email.
Unfortunately, the timing of our initial visit was just prior to a busy time in our lives where we would be separated for about two and a half months. So there wasn't much Dr. Bowling could do. She did prescribe letrazole to help with ovulation, methlyprogesterone to help start a period for the cycles that dragged on for over 40 days, and levothyroxine to lower my TSH. After reuniting, we used letrazole in a TI cycle but were unsuccessful. During all of this, I was finally able to get a repeat lab drawn and that's when we were told of my elevated hormone level and its effect on our chances of conceiving. Dr. Bowling then prescribed estrogen patches and progesterone pills to help create a more frequent cycle while we decided if we wanted to proceed with IVF and donor eggs (her only solution the situation). However, at the recommendation of another fertility physician, I did not start this treatment protocol.
All the nurses were nice and explained each step of the procedures we completed prior to them starting.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinical was able to get us set up with our initial appointment pretty close to the day we called. Parking and accessing the clinic building/floor were easy and the front desk staff were very nice and friendly. While the waiting room decor was bland, there were plenty of seats that were comfortable. Our insurance didn't cover anything during our visits but we were always made aware of what the "out of pocket" price was for each procedure prior to starting.
We did not complete IVF at this facility.

2012 - 2018
Dr Couchman is compassionate without being warm and fuzzy. She wants you to ask questions, as many and whatever you need. Also, during your treatment, utilize email if you need. There is no way that any single doctor can do all of your monitoring appointments and such; they may not be working that day or weekend, they may be doing surgery or egg procedures that day, etc., but definitely either ask while you're there or use email. Dr Couchman is very responsive.
The clinic is fantastic. I tell people that despite all the emotions surrounding infertility, we could not have had better experience at Carolina Conceptions from beginning to end. The front desk folks are fantastic (I walked back in after over 4 years and the manager at the front still knew me, and she also got so excited when I was there for my pregnancy tests for my second pregnancy), the nurses are knowledgeable, the phlebotomists excellent (I am hard to draw blood from, and they never ceased to impress me with their skills), and all the doctors great. You're going to be there a lot; the overall experience matters in addition to the individual doctor.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
I wanted a doctor who would be exhaustive in her assessments, honest, knowledgeable, balanced with enough compassion to make me feel hopeful and comfortable. I felt like Dr Couchman covered all the bases with my assessments during both courses of treatment, and she was matter-of-fact without being discouraging or rude. I also genuinely felt that she wanted us to conceive and wanted to do everything she could to help. That's exactly what I needed.
I felt like Dr Couchman listened to us and considered my unique set of circumstances.
The first time, we started with some letrozole, Ovidrel, and timed intercourse. We moved on to IUI and got pregnant on the second IUI cycle. The second time (about 4.5 years later), we used the same drug protocol with one additional pill of letrozole per day, and went straight to IUI. Both times I was encouraged to lose some weight; the second time, she referred me to a newer clinic to expedite that process . They were fantastic, and I was grateful for the referral. In fact, I plan on going back to a less intense version of that plan once I'm done breastfeeding to take a little of that weight back off.
The nurses are great. The ones doing monitoring are very knowledgeable, but also did not hesitate to check with the doctors if needed. They were also efficient, knowing that you're there a good bit and don't want to be there all day, but they do it without focusing on efficiency or being rude.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don't remember the specifics as we had some insurance coverage as well. Importantly, they did everything possible to get as much covered by our insurance as possible, and even refiled some things after the year had turned and our insurance coverage had changed.
We did not do IVF, but I definitely wanted to be at a place that would focus on eSET because if we did pursue IVF, I wanted to balance the potentials for success and risk.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Meyer is wonderful! He knows his stuff and explained it clearly to both my husband (no medical background) and myself (medical background). He cared about my husband, his life and his personal journey during our infertility....We did IVF because I have endometriosis. My fallopian tubes were open but did not seem to be functioning efficiently. I had scar tissue from the endometriosis and prior abdominal surgery (to remove large cyst from my ovary) which was complicating things.
Everyone [Carolina Conceptions] was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule... We opted to do the refund program for IVF. It was more expensive than single cycle but if we didn't bring home a baby after 3 cycles
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is wonderful! He knows his stuff and explained it clearly to both my husband (no medical background) and myself (medical background). He cared about my husband, his life and his personal journey during our infertility. He was always able to "talk me off the ledge" when I was over reacting or freaking out about something. I graduated from him when I was 7 weeks 4 days but he emailed me just last week (14 weeks) to check in and see how the pregnancy was going. He cares!
He thinks fast and explains fast. Ask questions.
I can't say enough about Dr. Meyer and Carolina Conceptions! AMAZING in every way. Dr. Meyer was kind, knowledgeable, straight forward, very thorough with his explanations in an understandable way and most importantly to me he was available. He always returned my emails promptly (even while on vacation), handled my endless questions with patience and grace and helped us through such an emotional and stressful journey. He checked in me to see how my appointments went when I saw a nurse or different physician. He cares. My husband and I are now 14 weeks pregnant and have Dr. Meyer and the staff at CC to thank.
We did IVF because I have endometriosis. My fallopian tubes were open but did not seem to be functioning efficiently. I had scar tissue from the endometriosis and prior abdominal surgery (to remove large cyst from my ovary) which was complicating things. My IVF protocol had to be adjusted (ie meds increased) because my body wasn't responding as quickly as we wanted. I had to delay the start of my injections because I had a cyst on my ovary that we wanted to give another week on birth control hoping it was decrease in size/disappear. I am now 14 weeks pregnant so Dr. Meyer's plan worked!
The nursing staff...also AMAZING. Terri, Taylor, Leeann, Elise and anyone I"m forgetting. They were all very knowledgeable and always explained every detail to me. They made sure I understood every step. Everyone was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff...also AMAZING. Kurt & Ashley up front, Nikki (the practice manager), the nurses (Terri, Taylor), the other physicians (Dr. Bowling-who did my egg retrieval, Drs Park & Couchman-who I saw for monitoring visits), Diana & Kelly (financial), the phlebotomoists (who took my blood with ease) and our little ones first babysitter (the embryologist) and every one else I'm forgetting made our infertility journey a bit easier. Everyone was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule and made the 40 minute drive to their office more doable. I tried another fertility clinic in the area and ended up switching to CC. I felt like a number at the other clinic. I felt like family at CC. They truly cared about me and helping us achieve our goal of having a baby. I can not recommend CC and Dr. Meyer enough!
We opted to do the refund program for IVF. It was more expensive than single cycle but if we didn't bring home a baby after 3 cycles we got 75% of our cost back (excluding medication). The extra cost was ok with me because it was upfront and made the first cycle less stressful because I knew we had 2 more cycles already paid for if we needed them.
We only had one embryo that made it to day 5 so no discussion re: multiple embryo transfer for us.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Meyer seemed to know who I was, and my history every time we met. I emailed him many times in the evening, and at weekends, and every time he replied promptly... I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
They [nurses at Carolina Conceptions] are all very friendly and professional...To see the doctor I sometimes had to wait for a convenient appointment. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for appointments. This clinic is open on weekends which is huge, as timing is so important for fertility treatment...It's a large, bright atmosphere. The front desk team are wonderful, and seemed genuinely excited for me when I finally got pregnant. I was always able to choose my monitoring visits at a time convenient for me.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward with us, giving us lots of options and explaining the chances of success which each one. He didn't pressurize us, and when my husband wanted to pursue treatment that wasn't Dr. Meyer's first choice, he respected our decision and went with it, simply reminding us how it would affect our chances of conception. Dr. Meyer replied to email promptly and at all times of the day or night. I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
Always email if you have a question.
3 x IUIs with letrozole and ovidril (final 1 also used tamoxifen) a hysteroscopic polypectomy following an HSG 1 x TIC using follistim, cetrotide and ovidril Then I got pregnant naturally when we had to skip a cycle due to being on vacation, but having tried to conceive naturally for over 4 years, I am sure my pregnancy wouldn't have happened without the polypectomy.
They are all very friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's a large, bright atmosphere. The front desk team are wonderful, and seemed genuinely excited for me when I finally got pregnant. I was always able to choose my monitoring visits at a time convenient for me. To see the doctor I sometimes had to wait for a convenient appointment. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for appointments. This clinic is open on weekends which is huge, as timing is so important for fertility treatment.
around $5000 including the surgery and medications after insurance
+ Read more- Read less
This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] works with you no matter your schedule. They are understanding, compassionate and patient. They become like family to you and can recall your face and name at every visit. They become very involved in your care (your excitement, your disappointment, your concerns overall) and make you feel like you’re not alone.... IUI was $480 Ultrasounds out of pocket were $250 The actual IVF cost from the clinic was $10,215
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is compassionate and caring. He is everything we ever wanted in a fertility doctor to help us along this journey. His bed side manner is outstanding and he made adjustments to our plan of care as needed, with full descriptions and knowledge provided before moving forward. On a Tuesday this past January, our cycle consisted of very low dose Gonal F injections to create 2-3 eggs with a higher chance of IUI working. My body responded “too well” to the meds and during my scan, it was revealed that I had 10 resting follicles. Dr. Park was extremely empathetic and suggested cancelling the cycle, due to the high risk of multiples, however, also suggested converting to IVF. He mentioned that when a patient goes through injections for an egg retrieval, their goal is to have 10-15 eggs. My body had done just that with an extremely small dose of medicine. He explained how much we would also be saving, not having to spend the $4,000 to $8,000 on injections to create this number of eggs. For the short moment we were devastated to have a canceled cycle, we were enthralled at the opportunity of IVF. Within 18 hours of deciding which route to go, and collecting every penny we could scratch, we converted to IVF! Dr. Park was even surprised that we were so quick and spontaneous to go through with such a huge decision, though we had already contemplated this route for the future. My egg retrieval was scheduled for that Friday, and a 5 day fresh transfer was scheduled the following Wednesday. Dr. Grace Couchman conducted the egg retrieval and transfer and she was so wonderful and sweet! Just 9 days later, we had our first beta test revealing the number 240! And just 3 days later, another beta at 793! We could not believe it! We had our first ultrasound on February 27 where we saw the heartbeat of our miracle baby, who was measuring 2 days ahead! We were 6 weeks, 6 days at the time. Today, March 9, we have our second OB appointment with Dr. Park at 8 weeks, 2 days. He mentioned the possibility to be “discharged” from their care and to stop all mediciations including progesterone injections if everything looks good! I cannot imagine going down this road with any other practice or physician. We have 4 frozen miracles that await for our future. Until then, our miracle baby inside continues to grow and be strong! We can’t ever repay Dr. Park and his team for what they have given us; everything we could ever want in this crazy, beautiful life...a child from above and a family!!
Look no further. This is your practice and physician. You will be highly pleased and satisfied with the A+ care you will receive!
This practice exceeded our expectations. Our time has always been valued, we have never felt rushed or left with questions following an appointment. These physicians truly care about their patients and their desire to start a family.
September 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. October 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. November 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. December 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and IUI (54 million swimmers). Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. January 2018- letrozole days 3-7, golal f 150 days 7, 8, 9, scan showed no activity continued for days 10, 11, 12, scan showed too many eggs, took cetritide to stall ovulation and another dose of gonal f 150 (this being day 13). Day 14 nothing. Day 15 egg retrieval. Day 20: 5 day embryo transfer. POSITIVE PREGNANCY TESTS 6 days after transfer, beta tests on day 9: 240 and day 12: 793!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terri Hunter)
All the nursing staff exceeded my expectations, especially Mrs. Hunter. She is phenomenal. I can’t say enough good things about her. She will drop whatever she is doing to make a phone call to you when you have questions that seem immediate to you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic works with you no matter your schedule. They are understanding, compassionate and patient. They become like family to you and can recall your face and name at every visit. They become very involved in your care (your excitement, your disappointment, your concerns overall) and make you feel like you’re not alone. They tell you how much they’ve been thinking of you, lift you up at times you feel discouraged and make you feel there’s no better place to be. These men and women truly love their professions and give 110% to their patients at all costs. They never make you feel uncertain, confused, left without answers or questioning your care. They truly work around your schedule to best meet your needs and are extremely flexibile.
This clinic provides ultrasound monitoring appointments between 7:30AM and 11:30AM. However, they have an exception for teachers and a few other professions where it may be more difficult to take off the morning from work. Their consultations are in the afternoon until 4:00PM, but every ultrasound I have had has been in the afternoon. They have worked around my schedule for EVERY appointment I have ever had and I am forever thankful and blessed!
Carolina Conceptions wants to reduce the risk of multiples, especially in my case where I had a high possibility of 1 embryo taking. I believe if you’re over the age of 30, they will transfer up to 2 embryos, as your chances of success decrease with age.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Park takes his time to answer questions and has a good bed side manner. He is kind and patient, but it is easier to connect with him over the phone than over email. He is upfront about his expectations and while he has a nice way of delivering bad news.... After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is bright and clean, with a large waiting area and easy parking - most days. Monitoring appointments will make your head spin with how fast you are pushed though the system, but I waited almost 2 hours the day of my IUI.... I did not find the nurses to be very helpful or compassionate at my monitoring visits. I often felt rushed and instead of talking to me in the patient rooms, they would hurriedly spew all sorts of medical information at me in the hallway on my pay to check out thereby leaving me no time to write anything down and violating all sorts of HIPPA laws about patient privacy.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure that you are responding to emails. After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
Dr. Park takes his time when he meets with his patients 1-on-1 and during a procedure, but the monitoring visits were very rushed and I often felt like I was being pushed out the door.
We used Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. Given my age and DOR, Dr. Park was flexible with the course of action; if I had more than 4 follicles grow, we would proceed with IVF, less than 4, we would do an IUI. I only had 1 follicle grow, so we went ahead with an IUI.
I did not find the nurses to be very helpful or compassionate at my monitoring visits. I often felt rushed and instead of talking to me in the patient rooms, they would hurriedly spew all sorts of medical information at me in the hallway on my pay to check out thereby leaving me no time to write anything down and violating all sorts of HIPPA laws about patient privacy. They were very cavalier about the whole process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is bright and clean, with a large waiting area and easy parking - most days. Monitoring appointments will make your head spin with how fast you are pushed though the system, but I waited almost 2 hours the day of my IUI. Dr. Park sets up realistic plans for patients, but sometimes he is hard to reach for follow-up questions. Some of the front desk staff are rude and impersonal, while others will bend over backwards to help you out.
$250-300 self-pay for monitoring visit for IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Bill Meyer] listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not...He was my primary doctor and he explained everything and was up-to-date with the latest tech in IVF. He is always, I mean always available to answer any questions. If I have questions, I email him and he instantly answers. Even now after 1.5 years of my IVF, I asked him a question and he instantly answered. Prior to me going to Carolina Conceptions, I could never talk to my doctor. But at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter.
They [Carolina Conceptions] have sufficient nursing staff and well versed with procedures...The cost is on average the same as majority of the clinics in the area...was my 3rd clinic and successful resulting in my baby daughter on the 1st try. I was 42 at that time...They listened to my concerns as I was very nervous of the procedure failing as this was my 3rd IVF, but the 1st IVF with them...at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter. I was 42 years old using my own eggs. He listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not. I am glad he was my doctor. I am going for another IVF next year and will be returning to Dr. Meyer.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bill Meyer is an excellent doctor. He was my primary doctor and he explained everything and was up-to-date with the latest tech in IVF. He is always, I mean always available to answer any questions. If I have questions, I email him and he instantly answers. Even now after 1.5 years of my IVF, I asked him a question and he instantly answered. Prior to me going to Carolina Conceptions, I could never talk to my doctor. But at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter. I was 42 years old using my own eggs. He listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not. I am glad he was my doctor. I am going for another IVF next year and will be returning to Dr. Meyer.
He's got you.
They have sufficient nursing staff and well versed with procedures.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I trust this clinic and the doctors are honest, which is very important. It is well staffed and all up-to-date with the latest tech. There will always be somebody when you need them. The cost is on average the same as other clinics in the area. I went to 3 different clinics for each of my IVF. Carolina Conceptions was my 3rd clinic and successful resulting in my baby daughter on the 1st try. I was 42 at that time. I can say that I trust this clinic over the other 2. The 1st clinic I went to has big name but treatment was conservative and not flexible and doc no bedside manners, the 2nd clinic I went to was very very shady and doctor was dishonest. The other 2 clinics in the area that I did not have IVF but had a consultation, one only has 2 docs and the most expensive and the other one has a big name and tried to make me go the egg donor route which was expensive and unnecessary. My friend told me to go to Carolina Conceptions before I started IVF, but I did not listen. I wish I listened the 1st time around knowing what I know now. Overall, I recommended Carolina Conceptions to my friends who are thinking or in the process of IVF.
The cost is on average the same as majority of the clinics in the area.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was very patient in answering all of our questions. He took all our concerns seriously and fully addressed them. I felt like the outcome of my care was being taken very seriously, but ultimately, they would respect any decision I decided to make.... I did three cycles with Letrozole because of PCOS. I ovulated on the first two cycles, but didn't get pregnant. On the third cycle of Letrozole, I didn't ovulate. There was no good explanation for why it stopped working
All of the staff [Carolina Conceptions] were very friendly. The financial staff were also helpful. They provided opportunities for learning more about infertility and treatments, like lectures with the doctors and specialists, which I appreciated. The only weakness I found was that I would often see a different doctor from my primary doctor on visits, although I could also schedule a visit to see my primary doctor if I wanted to.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
When I first started fertility treatments with Dr. Park, I was told the treatment would be fairly straightforward, and I would have a high chance of getting pregnant quickly. It became more complicated when the pills weren't working and I had to start injections. Dr. Park was good about explaining the situation, and answering all of our questions, and staying in the present moment without going down the rabbit hole of all possible scenarios. In a situation where there aren't any good answers, and it's hard to know why certain things aren't working, I felt very confident in Dr. Park's assessment of the situation, and his recommendation on the plan going forward.
This probably applies to any doctor, but ask lots of questions, and have your questions planned out ahead of time. My experience with Dr. Park was that he would tell us all necessary information, but he also had a wealth of knowledge that only came out after we asked him more questions. I guess it depends how many details you want on your care.
I did three cycles with Letrozole because of PCOS. I ovulated on the first two cycles, but didn't get pregnant. On the third cycle of Letrozole, I didn't ovulate. There was no good explanation for why it stopped working, but since it stopped working I started using the injectable medications. I did three cycles with the injectable medications and on the third cycle I got pregnant.
The nursing staff seemed very knowledgeable, and were compassionate during the difficult ultrasounds where I was coming back after a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I had a really good experience with this clinic. All of the staff were very friendly. The financial staff were also helpful. They provided opportunities for learning more about infertility and treatments, like lectures with the doctors and specialists, which I appreciated. The only weakness I found was that I would often see a different doctor from my primary doctor on visits, although I could also schedule a visit to see my primary doctor if I wanted to.
Most of the treatment, up to a certain amount was covered under my health insurance. I only had to pay my co-pay for visits and the medication.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He's [Dr. John Park] very attentive and I felt like I had known him for years. It's the way he greeted me and just listened. He wanted to make sure he looked over all my records to ensure that the IUI would be the right choice. He referred my husband to a fertility clinic that prescribed him clomid. I truly believe that he was sent from God to preform the gifts that he was giving.
[The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is] Full of energy and they called you by named. They always had a friendly smile and always made sure your questions were answered... No weaknesses I saw. They were always on schedule. I never waited more than 10mins before getting called to the back. The feel of the office was relaxing and it didn't make you feel as if you were at a doctor's office. The receptionist were also great. I enjoyed walking into the office even on days I didn't feel like it, because they made you smile and it was hard not too.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I enjoyed coming knowing that he was going to get down to the problem. He's very attentive and I felt like I had known him for years. It's the way he greeted me and just listened. He wanted to make sure he looked over all my records to ensure that the IUI would be the right choice. He referred my husband to a fertility clinic that prescribed him clomid. I truly believe that he was sent from God to preform the gifts that he was giving. I've seen with my own eyes the high success rate. I had a client of mines that started the same time I did and she is now with child. I ordered all the shots, medicines,suppositories, which was not cheap. The day we was supposed to have procedure done my husband was in a really bad car accident and shortly after we had to find more health insurance. We decided to wait 2 years to try it naturally but nothing. We are eventually gonna try again next year and I will be driving 1hr just schedule back with dr. Park.
Be patient, give him time. If it's God's will then it will happen. He will give you a true answer and won't feed you false hope
He made sure I understood everything. He was kind and very professional. I felted like I was his only client when it was time for all my appointments.
Don't remember
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I had blue cross blue shield. I do know the procedure can cost $20,000 medications was 1300 with 500$ off so about 750$ according to the insurance company I had, my husband treatment was about $200 Plus medications 50$ every month for 3months.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was easy to connect with throughout the process and numerous consultations. He provided information in a number of formats to allow for full understanding of the material presented...was friendly and knowledgeable during the consultation. He was efficient and matter of fact during the insemination process. On insemination days, there was minimal conversation and a business like demeanor. Because I was there alone, I occasionally felt myself desiring more reassurance although his level of confidence naturally reassured me in the process.
There is a childcare area in the waiting room [at Carolina Conceptions] which can be somewhat anxiety provoking when others are trying to conceive and are unable. It is nearly impossible most times I've called to get through to the appointment line which is very frustrating. The doctors are strong and knowledgeable. You will likely never see the same doctors/nurses for basic IUI, monitoring, etc...I never saw the same nurses during my treatment. It was a bit of a cattle call situation in terms of nursing. My ultrasound techs were always very good and described results in detail.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was friendly and knowledgeable during the consultation. He was efficient and matter of fact during the insemination process. On insemination days, there was minimal conversation and a business like demeanor. Because I was there alone, I occasionally felt myself desiring more reassurance although his level of confidence naturally reassured me in the process.
Remain proactive if you are not getting the desired outcome from your procedure. I had to initiate meeting with him again after 2 failed IUI's to reevaluate the treatment plan.
Dr. Park and I chose to use donor sperm during natural unmedicated cycles as there was no indication at that time of a fertility problem based on baseline testing. He did suggest adding medication when I initiated another consultation when IUI's were unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
There is a childcare area in the waiting room which can be somewhat anxiety provoking when others are trying to conceive and are unable. It is nearly impossible most times I've called to get through to the appointment line which is very frustrating. The doctors are strong and knowledgeable. You will likely never see the same doctors/nurses for basic IUI, monitoring, etc.
Private Pay - Approximately 480 for unmedicated IUI; 250 per ultrasound
I did not use this approach.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
We used a fairly heavy stim cycle [with Dr. Bill Meyer] as my AMH was .8. It seemed to be exactly right as everything proceeded as expected. We were told that I had 12-15 good follicles and with every set of labs it looked as though we were the perfect IVF candidates. The numbers fit exactly with what we were told and what I read from others. I even felt great and experienced few of the discomforts I was reading about or discussing with others online. We were very, very excited. In the end, the fibroids which were thought to be not a problem apparently made egg retrieval nearly impossible. Not only was only one egg retrieved, but a fresh transfer was made not an option because of complications during the process. We expected to have a retrieval and fresh transfer and instead left with only hope of 1 egg to fertilize and freeze. It was a fail.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions- Raleigh] was generally good. The care coordination and instructions were excellent and we were easily able to get daily updates. They also were good at maximizing our insurance benefits which covered more than we expected.... Slightly dismissive of failure which was huge to us, but then refunded $$ that they did not have to without being asked.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Generally positive. Attitude seemed modern and respectful and he did listen to what we wanted. Slightly dismissive of failure which was huge to us, but then refunded $$ that they did not have to without being asked.
Have your questions prepared and ask them. He will answer anything and gives great information, but does not tell more than you ask.
Conversations were to the point and honest, but also kind and respectful.
We used a fairly heavy stim cycle as my AMH was .8. It seemed to be exactly right as everything proceeded as expected. We were told that I had 12-15 good follicles and with every set of labs it looked as though we were the perfect IVF candidates. The numbers fit exactly with what we were told and what I read from others. I even felt great and experienced few of the discomforts I was reading about or discussing with others online. We were very, very excited. In the end, the fibroids which were thought to be not a problem apparently made egg retrieval nearly impossible. Not only was only one egg retrieved, but a fresh transfer was made not an option because of complications during the process. We expected to have a retrieval and fresh transfer and instead left with only hope of 1 egg to fertilize and freeze. It was a fail.
The nursing staff were very efficient.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was generally good. The care coordination and instructions were excellent and we were easily able to get daily updates. They also were good at maximizing our insurance benefits which covered more than we expected.
We did have fertility coverage and the clinic was able to use it. We actually paid less than expected after insurance and were returned some of what we paid based on insurance coverage paying more than expected. The costs were very clear and well explained.
They were ope to either, but tended to prefer multiple (2) embryo transfers on women over the age of 38.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Couchman had great bedside manner... We transferred 2 embryos 4 times. The fifth time, we transferred 3 embryos. Dr. Couchman encouraged us to only transfer 2 embryos each time. I chose to do 3 embryos the fifth time. We ended up with twins. We were very happy with our choice... I have found myself questioning whether or not an egg donor was the way to go, or if we should have tried a few more times with my own eggs, but the cost benefit of using an egg donor was so much lower than repeated failed cycles given my age...and my eggs were only getting older every try. I did wish the amount of time between attempts could be shortened. I sometimes wonder if the extra month between cycles is really warranted.
The scheduling staff [at Carolina Conceptions] was fantastic. The phlebotomists were also. Really, overall, no complaints about the clinic. The financial staff did a good job explaining the costs. The embryologists were also great and emailed us photos of the embryos at every transfer.... I think it was ~$25k for transfer of my own embryos. If using donor eggs, they offer a refund program. For ~$25k + "pass through" charges, you get as many transfers as you want from up to 3 egg donors, or until you bring a baby home from the hospital. So, we were on our 4th IVF, having used 2 egg donors, when I became pregnant and delivered healthy twins. So, we fortunately did not receive a refund. The pass through charges were about $6k every IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman had great bedside manner. We were very happy with the results of the treatment we received. I am sure there was a time or two we were less than happy, but the end result was 2 beautiful baby boys...at the ages of 44 and 45. I have found myself questioning whether or not an egg donor was the way to go, or if we should have tried a few more times with my own eggs, but the cost benefit of using an egg donor was so much lower than repeated failed cycles given my age...and my eggs were only getting older every try. I did wish the amount of time between attempts could be shortened. I sometimes wonder if the extra month between cycles is really warranted.
I don't think she is in the clinic full time at this point, so that may be a reason to choose someone else on the team. I met with Dr. Park and Dr. Meyer. While Dr. Meyer was very nice, I felt like he was just "being nice" instead of really listening to me...sort of like he had things he said to everyone, and didn't really treat me like a person. Dr. Park, on the other hand, seemed a little more honest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Medlin)
She is no longer at CC.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The scheduling staff was fantastic. The phlebotomists were also. Really, overall, no complaints about the clinic. The financial staff did a good job explaining the costs. The embryologists were also great and emailed us photos of the embryos at every transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I did not feel that Dr. Couchman was compassionate, and did not feel that she was interested in or had time to answer my questions, or consider any alternatives other than the course she thought was best for us. I was very disappointed that I only saw Dr. Couchman twice during our entire course of treatments at the clinic.... My body did not respond to the medication well. Dr. Couchman readjusted the dosages of the same medication for my second IVF cycle.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] can be very unorganized. There was trouble with my paperwork in the beginning leading to a misunderstanding about my treatment protocol.... I also applied for the refund program and my application was lost. I was told the day before my treatment was to start that I was not approved for the refund program.... The nursing staff were not as compassionate as I would have liked. There was one nurse who was very cold, and would not even return to the room when I had questions during one visit.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
I did not feel that Dr. Couchman was compassionate, and did not feel that she was interested in or had time to answer my questions, or consider any alternatives other than the course she thought was best for us. I was very disappointed that I only saw Dr. Couchman twice during our entire course of treatments at the clinic. The first was during our initial consultation and the other was when my body was not responding to the medications, and she just happened to be in the office and the nurse called her into my room to discuss.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and demand that you be heard. Don't settle for only one option.
I felt more like a number than a human because I only saw Dr. Couchman twice during my treatment at the clinic. I was constantly seeing different doctors and nurses, and never felt any compassion from any of them.
I used Follistim, Menopur, and a growth harmone for my first IVF cycle. My body did not respond to the medication well. Dr. Couchman readjusted the dosages of the same medication for my second IVF cycle. The outcome was a bit better, and I had 3 mature eggs at retrieval. Of the three, none made it to day 5.
The nursing staff were not as compassionate as I would have liked. There was one nurse who was very cold, and would not even return to the room when I had questions during one visit. She had the financial coordinator deliver the answers to me. I was already an emotional wreck, and not being given the time to answer a simple question just made things worse. The nurses would always return phone calls, and call in medications timely, however, you never knew what nurse you were going to get.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic can be very unorganized. There was trouble with my paperwork in the beginning leading to a misunderstanding about my treatment protocol. When I called to make appointments, they weren't sure what type of appointment I needed. I also applied for the refund program and my application was lost. I was told the day before my treatment was to start that I was not approved for the refund program. This lead to having to rethink our financial situation at the last minute. There is already so much stress related to infertility and treatments that having the additional financial related stress is just too much when it can be, and should be avoided.
$15,125 IVF package with PSG testing $480 IUI procedure

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Couchman always has to ask me why I was in instead of checking my chart ahead of time. One time, she even took my husband and I back to her office for a consultation when we were actually there for a follicle scan. When we let her know, she apologized and made us wait in the waiting room for a room to come available.... We did birth control pills for 2 weeks. Then we began Follistim injections along with Menopur. When we had a good number of mature follicles, we started Ganirelix injections until our Ovidrel trigger shot. They retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature, all 8 fertilized (4 normal fertilization and 4 abnormal fertilization), no embryos made it to day 5 transfer, so our cycle was canceled.
The reception staff and finance staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were top notch. Some of the doctors, such as Meyer and Park were a much better, organized, blunt but with good bedside manner fit for the practice. Our primary doctor was not the best fit for my husband and myself.... Some nurses we saw were wonderful. They were friendly, compassionate, understanding, and were patient with any questions we had. Some nurses seemed busy, rushed, not compassionate.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman at Carolina Conceptions?
We were just another number and when things didn’t work out with our first IVf cycle she just gave up on us and said we needed to do egg donor. She didn’t adjust treatment protocol to try something else the second round. It was like she just gave up and pushed us to the side.
Be your own advocate.
When I went in for most visits, the receptionists knew me by name and exactly why I was there, but Dr. Couchman always has to ask me why I was in instead of checking my chart ahead of time. One time, she even took my husband and I back to her office for a consultation when we were actually there for a follicle scan. When we let her know, she apologized and made us wait in the waiting room for a room to come available.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The reception staff and finance staff were top notch. Some of the doctors, such as Meyer and Park were a much better, organized, blunt but with good bedside manner fit for the practice. Our primary doctor was not the best fit for my husband and myself.
Our entire IVF cycle cost around $20,000.
No comments because we had zero embryos to transfer.

2014 - 2017
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I felt like he [Dr. Park] adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go.
I primarily only worked with the front office staff [Carolina Conceptions] and the lab, but they were all so friendly, prompt, empathetic, and compassionate.... I never had trouble getting in for appointments. One appointment, the most important one (IUI day), I had to wait a long time and I was livid! I felt like we missed the opportunity. However, it worked, so... All other times I never waited. Their billing department was easy to reach and prompt with getting information on cost.
2014 - 2017
European, Other
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
As mentioned, he was thorough and used language that I understood. He was encouraging, but not in a way that I felt was sugarcoating. He was prompt with responding to calls and emails outside of our appointments, and agreed to do my IUI with very little notice when I had a last minute change in plans. Literally emailed the night before. We had success on the first try, which probably skews my experience, but I would recommend him for sure.
I’m not sure how thorough he would be if you didn’t come in with questions and had done some research, so, do that. Come prepared.
I felt like he adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go. Mostly I just felt comfortable there, and that was important.
With my first few visits, it was due to unexplained miscarriages. We did several tests and work ups, but found nothing, and I ended up getting pregnant with a successful love birth before we tried what he suggested (ivf with pgd). The second time we went, we were going due to low sperm counts post chemotherapy for my husband. We had banked sperm pre-chemo. He was relatively sure we would need to do IVF, but last minute we decided to do an IUI with a trigger shot only, and that was successful and led to a live birth.
I primarily only worked with the front office staff and the lab, but they were all so friendly, prompt, empathetic, and compassionate. This was the main reason I loved this clinic. I felt so comfortable for every visit.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I never had trouble getting in for appointments. One appointment, the most important one (IUI day), I had to wait a long time and I was livid! I felt like we missed the opportunity. However, it worked, so... All other times I never waited. Their billing department was easy to reach and prompt with getting information on cost. I think this clinic has a high price tag but in my opinion worth it.
Insurance covered nearly all costs.