Genetic counseling: Offered
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?

6.8

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

They [CCRM] might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. ... I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. ... You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
They [CCRM Colorado- Denver] did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinic is super organized. I never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for an appointment, blood work, or ultrasound. I have never seen another clinic function as well as CCRM. Although I had to travel out of state, it was worth it to receive the care that I did...I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft and his team were super knowledgeable and encouraging during my IVF cycle. After 2 failed attempts at another clinic, I was very nervous about undergoing a 3rd round of IVF. CCRM helped me every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is so nice and caring! She answered all of my (many) questions quickly and simply. She is fantastic!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is amazing! He is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal. Because of the likelihood of me having twins due to my age (29), we transferred one healthy baby boy embryo. To my surprise, I became pregnant, and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with a healthy, growing baby. Dr. Schoolcraft was never surprised with any of my outcomes. He had faith and confidence from the beginning that I would be able to become pregnant using my own eggs. I am so grateful for his expertise, care, and guidance!
I would advise a prospective patient to fully let go and trust Dr. Schoolcraft. He knows what he is doing.
I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs. We retrieved 19 eggs, 17 were mature, 11 made it to freeze, and 8 came back chromosomally normal (PGS testing). I began taking Estrace 2 days after my LH surge, and I took 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Gonal-F, 200 mg of Clomid, and Dexamethasone every day. I stimmed for 10 days. I took Novarel and Lupron for my trigger shot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly suggested that we only transfer one single embryo. We agreed that multiples was risky.
Lone Tree

The clinic [CCRM- Lone Tree] has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
I've met with Dr. Surrey once so far and that was for my initial consultation. The intake of questions were more thorough than my previous doctors. He had already gone through my intake and had questions from that. He had a genuine smile and showed empathy. My previous doctors I never felt that way. The Dr before Dr. Surrey was like a robot and showed no emotion at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewell)
I had a consult with Shawna on the day of my consult with Dr. Surrey. Even though I haven't had another appointment, I have communicated with Shawna and she is very helpful, forthcoming and empathetic. Her empathy and show of concern is a great comfort to me.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each of the doctors I have seen had a history intake of questions. Dr. Surrey's intake was more in depth. Just by looking at my intake, Dr. Surrey thinks I was misdiagnosed almost 5 years ago which ended our fertility journey then and then last year that all changed when I had my first pregnancy at 44 and miscarried 2 weeks later. I saw Dr. Surrey after this and I just didn't feel like a patient and he gave me my hope back of having a family.
Be transparent and don't be afraid of asking questions. I made the mistake of not having any questions ahead of time and even though I had done alot of reading, i still felt very new and uneducated, but that was my fault not the Dr or the Clinic.
We haven't had any treatment, but it is looking like IVF with PGS testing will be our only course of treatment. The antisperm antibodies makes it almost impossible of achieving a pregnancy naturally and with my age, PGS testing is crucial.
My insurance covers nothing for fertility assessment for me since I'm 45 and the cutoff is 44 or fertility treatment for any age. So everything we pay for is out of pocket. My 3 day hormone test was $555 for 4 hormones and the one day fertility assessment that includes the workup for my husband and I will be $3,000. We are currently saving for this workup. As I understand it, CCRM is one of the best and most expensive clinics there is. My husband is in a wheelchair so medical expenses are nothing new to us, so even though this will be very expensive for us, it's worth it.
I'm not sure what his approach is yet, we haven't got that far in my treatment

2013 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch [of CCRM] (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness.
2013 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine is a world-renowned fertility clinic for a reason - they provide state-of-the-art treatments, innovative research, and techniques that give them higher success rates than many of their counterparts. The staff is well-trained and things are done very efficiently. However, this often creates a very sterile environment where you feel more like a cog in the wheel than a living, breathing human with a personal story. This is more evident in the extravagant Lonetree location than in smaller, homier Louisville. The other glaringly obvious issue is the business office. For such a larger, profitable organization, they are disorganized and often rude. One example of their ineptitude - they failed to inform us about the due date for a $30,000 payment and then insisted we find a way to pay it within 12 hours when we were on vacation in Italy. There mistake, but ours to fix. I was continually shocked at how many errors and inefficiencies we encountered and they were VERY frustrating given how much we were paying the clinic for our treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work. The impersonal interaction made me take a break from CCRM for several years. When we finally returned to the clinic, we had a conversation with Dr. G about our previous interaction and he immediately changed his tune. Since then, he has been friendly, personable and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness. She always went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and even stepped in to assist with a billing snafu when we were abroad. I felt I could always count on Kristi for anything, and that really put my mind at ease during such a trying, emotional time.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is in a tough spot - it requires him to be frank, but also compassionate. He does not ooze warmth and there are some patients (me included, at least initially) that require that when seeking fertility treatments. But he is honest and forthcoming and always has his patients best interests in mind. I felt like I was in capable hands when we proceeded with treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G has your best interests in mind and will be truthful when it comes to your care, but he won't sugarcoat anything and won't be the person you lean on emotionally.
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
It has been 3 years since my last treatment with Dr. G, so I cannot remember specific medications or protocols. But Dr. G had a solid game plan, monitored me closely and always explained in detail if anything needed to change.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Donor IVF cycle (including donor meds and fees and my transfer) totaled approximately $44,000. Additional medications for me were about $4,000. Total for the entire procedure was $48,000.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Because I was otherwise very healthy and since our young donor produced an exceedingly high number of highly graded embryos, Dr. G was very clear about the fact that he would not transfer more than one. He explained that he was very confidant the treatment would be successful and explained the immense risks to me and the babies if I were to carry multiples.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.

2017 - 2019
All of the office staff at CCRM - Louisville are awesome! It’s a small clinic and they know me simply by my name when I visit or call. They are friendly, kind and caring and have always been professional.... Carolyn [a nurse] works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
2017 - 2019
European, Latino
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is kind and caring and has always used a personal touch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn)
Carolyn works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We began working with Dr. Barton when she was at an office close to us and since then doesn’t visit that office, so we drive a little farther. It is completely worth it. Her nurses are awesome and even over the phone, Dr. Barton is able to communicate clearly and effectively and shows us that she really cares. Dr. Barton is compassionate but has always given us all the information and has been straight forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Best of luck with everything! You’re in great hands!
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I can to Dr. Barton struggling to conceive had a uterine polyp removed and suffered one loss. We started with a variety of tests on my husband and myself. No explanation could be reached from all of the tests. We decided to move forward with an IUI treatment and we got pregnant. Unfortunately at 6 weeks there was no “yolk” found in the sac on our ultrasound. We suffered another loss. Dr. Barton said she’d be willing to try another round of IUI, but due to our history IVF would lessen our chances of a loss greatly. We moved forward with a round of IVF. We did an egg retrieval with PGS testing as we had come to the conclusion that genetics were a factor. We retrieved 14 eggs, 5 embryos made it to blastocyst and 3 were genetically typical. We did an FET with our top embryo and while we got a positive Beta, this FET ended in a chemical pregnancy. Moving forward Dr. Barton is suggesting we follow a antihistamine protocol. We were in the very beginning stages when in an ultrasound they found a polyp in my uterus. So frustrating but I’m so glad they found it before it was too late. I’m planning on getting it removed and starting again! Dr. Barton has been honest with us through this entire process and we are looking forward to taking these next steps with her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
Our insurance paid partially for our IUI and didn’t cover any of our IVF cycle. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were for IUI, for IVF including an FET the cost was around $21,000 without medication.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton suggested we transfer 1 embryo, but she would have been open to discussion.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Cindy [a nurse at CCRM- Colorado] is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths are that they are effecient and their lab is probably the best in the USA. They are constantly on the cutting edge of new treatment by constantly educating them self and conducting research on new advances to improve results. Weaknesses are that they do not accept military insurance. Although they do offer a military discount off of services, it is still pretty expensive and it would be nice if they would accept military insurance for disabled veterans like myself. Their lab is the BEST. If you can only do one cycle because of cost, I would say to do that cycle with Ccrm. If you can not afford to cycle with them, I would suggest that you at least get your workup done at ccrm because they are the most through clinic that I have ever been with
Dr.Schoolcraft, his nurses, and the administration treated me with respect. They were all compassionate and concerned about my treatment and about how I was doing. They all know my name, they know who I am. If I needed anything, they all made themself available for me to get things done in an effecient manner. That is something that I hold dear to me, they all treated me very well. No matter what my results end up, I know everyone cared and wants the best for my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers. That’s all we could ever hope for.
He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process. Listen to him and trust him, he truly has your best interest at heart
Estrogen Proming Protocol. Prime with estrogen after ovulation, once cycle day 1 starts, get ultrasound, begin stim meds (gonalf, menopur, clomid and dexamethosone). Ultrasounds and labs daily after 3 rd day of stims
$30,000 for fertility workup and ivf with genetic testing
Because I am advanced maternal age, I didn’t really feel as if I wanted to get all of the embryos tested, I really wanted to do a fresh transfer of 4 embryos because most of them Would be abnormal. However, Dr.Schoolcraft was adamant that we can put no more than two. He really only wanted to transfer one but we pushed because we are older and didn’t want to waste as much time between transfer if it did not take. He heard our pleas and allowed 2
Lone Tree

The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total [at CCRM Colorado]. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit...The clinic is beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable. All of the staff is wonderful. I felt like they were always using the newest, best equipment, which made me feel very comfortable. The only weakness I would give CCRM would be their high prices, but I guess I can't fault them for charging higher prices than most since they provide such exemplary care. I have never recieved such wonderful healthcare.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton took the time to explain every detail of every procedure and every diagnosis with me. She also explained everything with care and empathy. I felt like I understood what was going on, which helped me feel empowered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
I worked with Becca before I got pregnant. She was kind, timely and very available. I felt completely comfortable speaking with her and trusted her to help me find solutions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We saw another RE before going to Dr. Barton at CCRM that ran some blood tests, led me through failed Clomid trials, and then wanted to start IVF treatments. Since we didn’t feel like the first RE was very through, and knowing that CCRM has the best IVF success rates, we decided to start over with CCRM. Dr. Barton began by running much more through tests and immediately found the issue – my uterus was filled with scar tissue from my c-section and therefore I couldn’t get pregnant. Dr. Barton performed a surgery to clear the scar tissue in their beautiful surgery center and I got pregnant naturally months later. We liked that we got to talk to her directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations.
Don't go to anyone else first and waste your time - start with Dr. Barton. She is smart, kind, and capable and will help you achieve success.
I had a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue from my uterus. After the surgery I had a balloon in my uterus for a week to prevent reoccurring scar tissue. I was on estrogen for 30 days and progesterone for the last ten of that 30 day period following the surgery.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit.
Denver

[the nurses at CCRM CO-Louisville were] Not compassionate. Told me the gender of one of our embryos even though I explicitly told them I didn't want to know. Never caked me when my thyroid labs were abnormal, I called multiple times asking for the results. Not at all compassionate when I was worried about miscarrying based on those results. More concerned about setting up an appointment than giving me a minute after we did miscarry to process the information.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM has so many patients I can see where it feels like you're a number. However my personal doctor did not make me feel that way. Nursing staff wad terrible. Buildings themself clean. Lab people friendly. Usually fairly easy to make appointments
He was personable, kind, honest. He'd remember things about us.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson was honest, kind, thoughtful. While we never made it past 7 weeks, you could tell he was rooting for us and truly disappointed and sorry that things didn't work out for us. From the get go, we had already done a cycle of IVF without success (chemical and miscarriage of trisomy 13 at 6.5 weeks), he told us there were no medical reasons to not try again. We ended up with 9 CCS normal embryos. However, after 2 failed transfers (chemical and blighted ovum) he told us one of things wad happening. Despite my hysteroscopy and all labs/scans looking normal, my uterus wasn't a good environment or there was something behind chromosomes that is genetically wrong with the embryos. Our final transfer resulted in a pregnancy but miscarriage at 7 weeks. He was so kind during our D&C and told us he was always there for us. We still have 5 embryos and may some day decide to transfer them or pursue a gestational carrier, but are also at peace that Dr. Gustafson did everything in his power, knowledge, expertise to help us be parents.
Trust him. He will be honest with you. And like he told us on our first consultation he'll "tell you when to get off of the roller coaster". And he doesn't say that to be mean. He says it for your own sanity. He doesn't want to just take your money over and over if he doesn't think it will work.
I honestly don't remember what protocol we used for egg retrieval. First FET e-set of day 5AA CCS normal blast. Lupron started when bcp stopped. Vivelle patches increasing. Endometrium, PIO and me from. 2nd FET added antihistamine protocol with aspirin, claritin, pepcid, and prednisone. 3rd FET antihistimine protocol and lovenox.
$22000 for egg retrieval, 1st transfer. $5000 for each subsequent FET Meds totaled probably $1000
First 2 transfers did e-SET then did embryos on 3rd transfer.
Louisville

CCRM has a great laboratory that helps to yield good results, ie live births. They are pioneers of the field so you know you are getting great care. They are a big clinic so sometimes you can feel lost as a number. Some doctors dont have great bedside manner but ours did. They are more expensive then most clinics it seems. They have great hours which allows for flexibility. Many other clinics are not open on weekends.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G is very personable. He remembers my past medical history as well as personal details that I've shared. He always makes us feel comfortable. I've laughed and cried with him and he's always been supportive. He answers all my questions thoroughly and in a way I can understand. He gives the facts with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris Neely)
Our nurse was overall very good. She was generally compassionate. There was a period when the clinic was busy and undergoing changes that I believe was stressful for her as it showed in her interaction with us. She seemed annoyed at times, called me by the wrong name and just seemed busy and bothered. She did turn around after a bit of time. She is always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. He is very thorough when explaining what we have done, what we will do, what we can expect, and what will be next. He shows empathy and seems to really understand what a difficult journey this is for his patients and is very supportive. He remembers personal details I've shared about our family which helps to feel there is a true connection. He will ask about our son, our move, our vacation, etc. He always followed up with a phone call after our transfers and answered all questions we had. He makes us feel comfortable and safe. I trust him completely.
Believe in him. He has your best interest in mind.
After trying 5 IUI'S at another clinic we consulted with Dr. G. He had a thorough understanding of what we have tried and created a plan to move forward with IVF, stating we could try one more IUI but it was not likely to work. He recommended IVF with 50/50 ICSI and conventional fertilization. I don't know the name of the protocol but it seemed pretty straight forward. My body had not settled down from the stim meds after first retrieval for our planned fresh cycle so moved on to a frozen transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and successful delivered a singleton. 2 years later we transferred 2 more embryos using the same protocol for priming. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 5 months after that we transferred our lastv3 embryos with the same protocol and the addition of the antihistamine protocol to address the possibly reasoning for the chemical pregnancy. We had never had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage before. This also resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
We used the assure program for out first transfer and that cost $32k for up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers or until a live birth. Consults and regroups cost $250. Frozen embryo transfers were about $6,000 without monitoring.
Prior to our first IVF it was explained that we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos and what the risks were when transferring multiples. We decided to transfer 2. Because I had such a strong inital beta it was thought I may have had twins but only one embryo implanted. Our 2nd transfer we also decided to transfer 2 based on doctor recommendation since we only had a singleton with the prior transfer. The 3rd transfer we also transferred 2 for the same reason. At first the doctor left the choice of 1-2 up to us but based on the results he then strongly recommend transferring 2 but still allowed it to be our choice.
Louisville

We switched nurses [at CCRM- CO] right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice facility. All of the staff was helpful and courteous. I never felt like a "number" but rather always felt welcomed and that anyone there was willing to go above and beyond to help in any way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
We switched nurses right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Best fertility doctor anywhere. If you are looking for a lengthy conversation about things unrelated to treatment, he might not be your guy; however, if you are looking for expertise and respect in the field, there is none more perfect. He was very patient, thoroughly explained everything, answered all of our questions, and we never felt rushed. He spent a considerable about of time reviewing our medical history before our first consult/visit, and had a plan of action from the start. He was very straight forward about what we needed to do and, of course, he was right and we, after 8 years of trying, treatments, and disappointments, are expecting a baby girl in a few months.
Be prepared to hear the truth. He is the expert and we 100% trusted every word he said to us. We followed his treatment plan without asking questions and the results were worth it!
Dr. Schoolcraft did not recommend multiple embryo transfers; however, listened to my concerns and wishes.
Lone Tree

[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.

2014 - 2018
The Louisville clinic [CCRM] does a great job making you feel welcome, it doesn't feel as clinicy as you might expect. Tara in ultrasound was also awesome to work with. It was nice to always see a smiling face whether it was for testing, a regroup or just bloodwork.... Most all of the nurses we have dealt with have all been fantastic and do a great job communicating.... Dr G [Gustofson] had/has gone above and beyond to take time to work with us and make sure we do NOT feel like a number.
European, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville clinic does a great job making you feel welcome, it doesn't feel as clinicy as you might expect. Tara in ultrasound was also awesome to work with. It was nice to always see a smiling face whether it was for testing, a regroup or just bloodwork.
Dr G had/has gone above and beyond to take time to work with us and make sure we do NOT feel like a number. He has scheduled conference calls with us since we have moved farther away and has always been there to answer our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G made the experience as good as it could be. When questions came up, he took the time to talk through the pros and cons as well as offer any insight on his recommended course of action. He always took the time to make it feel like a conversation rather than us sitting back waiting for him to tell us what to do. Because of those reasons, we are continuing to work with him through another egg retrieval and would never consider working with another doctor through this journey!!
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr G does a great job giving as much or as little explanation as you would prefer.
I don't remember a ton of the specifics after the long journey but I do often remember Dr G thoroughly explaining things. For example we had first planned to do a fresh embryo transfer but when that was not the best course, Dr G took the time to explain to us why and how we could best proceed from there. He also did a great job reassuring my wife after the miscarriages that it was nothing she did.
Dr G did a great job explaining the pros/cons of multiple embryo transfer versus single.
Louisville

For our one-day consultation, we started out in the conference room with a group of couples from all over the country. We then ran through a series of appointments and tests, which concluded with a meeting with our doctor. That day will cover all of your questions.... Make use of CCRM's portal for communication. It's much easier than trying to deal with the phone tree. You can always get to your nurse's line directly through her extension. I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson is.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
IVF is a complex process that involves more than doctors. We relied heavily on the embryologists, the nurses, and the business office. At every other clinic, the care was far less comprehensive and very disjointed. We sought care locally in Jacksonville at three clinics. Dissatisfied, we considered several clinics in New York and Los Angeles. After our initial call with CCRM, we were convinced to give it a whirl and went out for our 1-day consultation. Maybe the best decision of our marriage. We saw Dr. Gustofson at the Lone Tree office. While Denver is a fantastic city, the Lone Tree area is pretty generic, full of national chains and light on charm. We preferred to stay downtown or in Cherry Creek. For our first 1-day consultation, we stayed in Lone Tree for the convenience. For longer visits, enjoy the charm of Denver and make the daily drive to Lone Tree for your appointments. The clinic is 15 minutes from Cherry Creek. We were impressed and pleased at every turn. For our one-day consultation, we started out in the conference room with a group of couples from all over the country. We then ran through a series of appointments and tests, which concluded with a meeting with our doctor. That day will cover all of your questions. CCRM only accepts United for insurance. Otherwise, it's about $5,000 out of pocket. They do accept American Express now but didn't in 2016 when we first went to CCRM. You have to do this same initial work-up before the start of each new cycle. As an out-of-town patient, the most complicated aspect will be getting your local clinic to send the results in a timely manner. You'll have to get monitoring and blood drawn at a local clinic throughout the process. My biggest frustrations were getting my results to CCRM from labs and other clinics. You will likely have to be really pushy with your local clinics. It might create some awkward tension, especially since you aren't really going to them for medical advice, only asking them to take orders from CCRM. Make use of CCRM's portal for communication. It's much easier than trying to deal with the phone tree. You can always get to your nurse's line directly through her extension. I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson is. If I was in doubt about any detail or want to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responds directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere.
He remembered personal details about us, and he shared personal details about his own family and kids. We recommended him to friends, and we created a fun little circle of humans in the same struggle. I would hang out with him outside of CCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica, then Sarah)
ou want more than a proficient doctor. You want your doctor supported by top-notch embryologists, high-knowledge nurses and clinicians, and a willing, helpful and thoughtful financial department. The support staff at CCRM is excellent. The embryologists and nurses are diligent and thoughtful and present a can-help attitude constantly. The attitude elsewhere was consistently “no, we don’t do that.” CCRM will find a solution to your problems. They will help you track down drugs through various or multiple pharmacies even if it’s annoying. The business office will answer all of your questions, help you find cost-effective strategies through various programs, and will make every effort to navigate insurance chaos on your behalf.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson was. If I was in doubt about any detail or wanted to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responded directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere.
Go, just go. We lucked into him because I called CCRM, and they gave me his first available appointment. It was a perfect blessing. Be honest with him. He'll be honest back. When we had a communication snafu regarding the results of my husband's Hep C antibodies, the nurse called and didn't explain the situation very well, which led to lots of strife. Dr. Gustofson changed his entire protocol for notifying patients about communicable disease antibodies. He's not afraid to admit a problem and he's not afraid to solve problems, however small or large.
Egg retrieval - I can't remember all the drugs FET1 - 1 embryo transferred, 1 live birth - same protocol generally as FET3 FET2 - 1 embryo transferred, chemical pregnancy - same protocol generally as FET3 FET3 - 2 embryos transferred, 2 pregnancies in progress - 21 days of birth control (7/20/18-8/11/18), lupron (10 units 8/7/18-8/29/18), vivelle patches every other day (starting 8/16/18), endometrium 100mg (starting 8/30/18), medal (8/30/18-9/2/18), doxycycline 100mg 2x daily (8/30/18 until gone), embryo transfer on 9/4/18
retrieval: $9315 to CCRM, $15170 to labs (plus local monitoring) FET (per transfer, we did 3 transfers): $2630 to CCRM, $2815 to labs (plus local monitoring)
CCRM promotes strongly that singleton births are the new standard of IVF, per the journal articles written by Schoolcraft. We transferred 1 embryo with success and had out first child. We then transferred 1 embryo and had a chemical pregnancy. At that point, we then had 2 "normal" embryos remaining and 1 "no result" embryo remaining. We were feeling the sad desperation and pressure, and Dr. G. was understanding. Despite the fact that I was under 35 and that we had done CCS, he agreed to go against the recommendations to only transfer 1 in our situation. He agreed that transferring 2 would be okay as I didn't have complications in my first pregnancy and carried to full-term. He thoroughly explained the risks. We decided that we would do another retrieval if our next transfer failed because we were wary of transferring the "no result" embryo. We understood that we had a 42% chance of twins. We knew the risk. We are now excited about twins.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Their approach is so technical yet felt specialized to me. I feel like their level of experience, research and knowledge is the best. I never felt like they were trying to achieve their success rates, I felt like they were trying to help me achieve my goal.... the first round costs to CCRM were around $30K (doesn't include drugs) and the 2nd & 3rd rounds combined were about $25K. I only needed two rounds so they credited me for the third round.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their approach is so technical yet felt specialized to me. I feel like their level of experience, research and knowledge is the best. I never felt like they were trying to achieve their success rates, I felt like they were trying to help me achieve my goal. At my previous clinic I felt like they wouldn't take any more chances with me because of their success rates. I felt like they gave up on me and CCRM said we can do this and they made our dreams come true.
Dr. G never rushed me, took the time to answer all questions. Communicated directly with me. Even in their portal to ask nurses questions, he allows his patients to email him. I think he's still the only doctor at Lone Tree CCRM to do that. He was transparent and to the point, easy to understand but also kind at the same time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The staff is very good. There a lot of moving pieces in treatment that they need to organize and the emotions were high. I had confidence in the staff but sometimes they were hard to get a hold of and sensed the business.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G explained the process at every step. He was always patient and thorough. He explained exactly what he expected to happen the results he expected and always fully explained what he thought was had happened and what he would do about it. Very thorough and always made me feel like I was in the very best care possible.
Follow their instructions and recommendations. Ask a lot of questions, don't be shy but also trust them and what they recommend. Don't be afraid to ask him what he would do if the situation was reversed.
I participated in the acai study; I religiously took the full vitamin cocktail they recommend (as did my husband). I took hcg, gonal F, follistem, menopur, noravel, saizen, cetrotide, lupron, vivelle, Endometrin, progrestrone
based on success rates & data for my age and situation the recommendation was always to transfer one (depending on quality of embryo).

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I believe CCRM gets patients with difficult cases from all over the world, so they have seen it all - a big plus.... I like their approach because they rely not only on the meds, but on supplements and alternative treatment like acupuncture.... I believe the IVF cycle was around USD 20 thousand.... Gina my nurse was great and super compassionate. She unfortunately left CCRM, but by the end of my treatment.... I only met with Dr. G but have heard great things about the other doctors.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I believe CCRM gets patients with difficult cases from all over the world, so they have seen it all - a big plus. I only met with Dr. G but have heard great things about the other doctors. I like their approach because they rely not only on the meds, but on supplements and alternative treatment like acupuncture.
Dr. G was always extremely nice and attentive on all occasions we met and over the phone and e-mail. He was aware of all details surrounding treatment and our journey up until the point we started treatment with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gina Biamonte)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was absolutely clear from day 1 on the positive and negative aspects of our situation and the probability that we would have success. We had to adjust our treatment calendar for every cycle - retrieval and transfer - and I believe Dr. G made the correct calls in every occasion, assessing my body and the specifics of our situation. We are from Brazil and at a 5 hour difference to Colorado, and Dr. G was responsive even in this scenario.
Dr. G recommended that during two weeks I take supplements to improve egg quality before retrieval. This made a significant difference in my view. During stimming, he pushed forward the egg retrieval day by a couple of days and increased hormone dosage which I believe was the reason why I managed to get 22 eggs (much more than the 9 I had gotten in my 2 previous cycles). I feel the that the considerable number of eggs is why we were able to get blastocysts and CCS tested euploid embryos.
I believe the IVF cycle was around USD 20 thousand.
Dr. G preferred transferring only 1 because my embryos were CCS tested, due to the risks of a multiple pregnancy. But after a failed FET he agreed on transferring 2, which is what I wanted. I will deliver my baby girl and boy next week.
Lone Tree

I found most of the staff [CCRM] I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.... We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I found most of the staff I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.
I felt Dr. Gustofson was very warm and personable when I met or communicated with him but I had quite a bit of trouble with communication with other staff including nurses. I felt that at some pretty important times I had a hard time getting a response from the appropriate staff member. That said, Dr. Gustofson was really good with the communication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana Coon)
I felt at times that Aiyana was very nice, organized and communicated well but there were times that I was very frustrated with the lack of comminication from her and almost requested to be switched to the care of another nurse.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Overall I found Dr. Gustofson very caring and I felt he really knew what he was doing. My only issue related to Dr. Gustofson was that he left town during a crucial part of my treatment (which I completely understand and don’t hold against him) but neither he nor his staff mentioned he would be leaving so it was offputting for me to find this out when I needed to ask him a question regarding treatment and he was gone.
He seems like a genuinely caring doctor.
Priming meds: Estrace 2mg - cycle day 2 on Testosterone gel - day 3-20 Prometrium 200mg - 2x day/ day 16-25 Testosterone patch 2mg - day 21-25 Cetrotide 0.25mg - day 23-25 Stim meds: Viagra 50mg 2x a day Menopur 150units 2x a day Gonal-F 300 units once a day Dexamethasone 0.5mg once a day Saizen 0.4ml once a day Clomid 100mg once a day (added when follicles were not growing enough and injections were switched to intramuscular instead of sub q)
We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which I can’t remember the exact cost of but it wasn’t inexpensive). Because the cycle was cancelled we were refunded around $21,000.
For my age group he recommended one embryo be transferred at a time to reduce chances of multiples because of higher risk. I completely agreed with this approach.
Lone Tree

I feel that CCRM's biggest strengths is it's streamline of this process. They work like a well oiled machine, they've figure out what works and stick to it. However, I feel their popularity and number of patients can occasionally make some things take longer. There were several times I waited all day for a phone call of a lab result sent over that morning. A more prompt response for life changing results would be appreciated. Overall, everyone from the front desk to the lab is very friendly, always smiling and kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr Kondapalli is very warm and welcoming. She gave me hugs, made eye contact, took her time with me and my husband, and called me personally after my second beta number didn't rise as we had hoped it would.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah McLeod)
Sarah was extremely helpful, she always took time to answer my questions and was comforting. She also asked the doctor when I made requests rather than just making the decision herself.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli was warm, knowledgeable and optimistic. She made me feel at ease during the scary times and cared about during the sad times. She was appropriately upbeat during the times we needed hope and encouragement. She answered questions honestly with educated answers.
You are in good hands.
We did an FET of 5 day embryos. We started with birth control pills and lupron as we were trying to accommodate the specific transfer date that worked best for my husband's schedule. 3 weeks out from our transfer date we stopped birth control to allow for a menstrual cycle and then started estrogen patches, changing them every other day and Lupron. Closer to transfer we also started progesterone in oil injections every other day and progesterone suppositories. The last few days before transfer I also took doxycycline and medrol. Oral estrogen was added a week before transfer as my estradiol level was not high enough.
For an FET with out of state monitoring, our treatment costs for the embryology lab and CCRMs cost was close to $6000. Out of state monitoring added an additional couple of thousand dollars as did medication.
Dr Kondapalli has a strong stance on eSET vs multiple embryos, especially with my history of a successful eSET in the past.
Lone Tree

Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Lone Tree

I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton [at CCRM Colorado], and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.
Denver

There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it
Lone Tree

We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they [staff at CCRM Colorado] predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature...We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc...During my stim cycle, they decided to have me do another dose of Gonal-F, but did not let me know. So I had to race to the local pharmacy 10 minutes before they closed and pay out of pocket. Also, I'm the one who called in to ask if they wanted me to take the dose and if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known and would've missed the dose entirely. You really have to be on your game.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
Denver

I think the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them...I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Their [CCRM] facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best....There was a time my nurse told me to go onto a specific medication immediately, and when I got to the pharmacy it was a different medication. There was also a time when I wasn't told to go back on a med and only when I asked 3 days later why I wasn't on it this round did they say- oops, you should be on that!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their lab and results are great. Their reputation is too notch. Their doctors are well regarded. Their facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best. You have to really stay on top of them.
I’ve never actually spoken with Dr. K (over the phone Orin person) since my initial appt.
The nursing staff is clearly over worked with too many patience, so not all the blame falls on them. That said, my particular nurse treated me as if I was on a ‘need to know’ basis and didn’t need to know anything. I felt like a lot of details as well as reasons/rationale were left of, I was oftenleft puzzled testing a friend who had been through this. Also, a couple mistakes were made in regards to medication etc.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I think dr K absolutely knows her stuff and was good at adjusting my treatments each round of my IUIs as she learned new info, however I rarely knew why she was doing what she was doing. I wish I’d had check ins after each one, but that wasn’t offered. I believe she cares deeply and is in her office truly studying my #s and deciding the best course for us, on the flip side lots of questions go unanswered since I have zero communication with her.
Ask a LOT of questions up front as you might never speak with her again.
I’ve done 3 IUIs so far- all failed. 1st IUI- oral clomid and took forever- 5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 2nd- oral clomid followed by menopur shots still took a long time (40+ days)- 4-5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 3rd IUI: oral clomid alongside menopur shots- 1ultrasounds in total- growth was more predictable- triggered and did timed intercourse. Each one took a different course and they seemed to get more streamlined as we progressed.
I am about $10,000 in including all the workup tests, appts, etc. and then the 3 IUIs.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The Lone Tree office [CCRM Colorado] is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation... I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts. AWFUL. This is a TERRIBLE way to treat patients -- scare them into paying out of pocket. Really, really terrible. They also messed up payment on the few things they did send to insurance and made me pay too much upfront anyway.
The Lone Tree office is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation, and when my diagnostics revealed a uterine anomaly and I asked to speak with someone about it (I was in shock and had no idea what it meant for my future fertility), the nurse didn't know who I was and hadn't reviewed my chart before talking with me, and didn't tell me anything useful. That said, the techs running the ultrasound and the HSG were extremely nice, comforting, and skilled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
She always seemed extremely busy, and most of the time it was not her responding to my questions. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone, but they did answer messages in the portal within 24 hours.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I think Dr. Surrey would be great for someone doing IVF who wanted the standard or an aggressive protocol, and who didn't want to delve deeper into underlying issues. I had issues with my cycle that I thought were indicative of why conceiving would be difficult -- luteal phase spotting, and he literally told me I should take birth control if I didn't like the spotting, and told me I should just do IVF before it was too late (I'd been diagnosed with DOR). I was not interested in going to IVF without understanding the underlying issues with my body. Later, they found I had a unicornuate uterus, and I agreed that IVF was the best option but said I could try a few cycles of IUI with my local doctor if I wanted. He would not give me clomid/letrozole with a UU due to risk of multiples. He said the only medication he would give me was luteal phase progesterone. We don't have sperm issues, so I didn't want to do IUI, but asked him to prescribe me progesterone for natural cycles. I got pregnant immediately. He called me to say congratulations, but I then never heard from him again. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I've since switched to a different RE.
Make sure IVF is actually what you want to do if you go to him. He will not try less invasive / less aggressive approaches first. I had the feeling from the whole experience that CCRM was trying to make money off of me.
He would not prescribe any medications (clomid/letrozole) due to my uterine anomaly (unicornuate uterus) and said the only option was IVF. I asked him to prescribe me progesterone during the luteal phase (my idea, not his) and he agreed. I then got pregnant spontaneously.
Initial consult -- $300 "regroup" consult -- $100 Day 3 bloodwork -- $500 Baseline ultrasound -- $500 HSG -- $600

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome [at CCRM Colorado]. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to...It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
During my first IUI cycle [at CCRM Colorado] I was given meds and had a reaction. They told me I could never take that med again but for my IVF cycle, that med was listed as one I needed to take. If I didn't notice then I would of been given a med that I was allergic to...is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult...The billing is confusing and needs some work...I wish they nurses] had more time to devote to each one of us.
7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I never had to wait long for an appointment. The office is clean and comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You know what to expect and they provide you with literature that explains everything. They are usually pretty good at returning phone calls. The billing is confusing and needs some work. I think the nurses need help though. They work long hours. They do care about their patients and I wish they had more time to devote to each one of us.
Dr. Surrey really cared about me and I felt like he really wanted us to be parents. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I had all great nurses but the problem was that they were always quitting and I would be assigned a new one. It was frustrating to have to explain your situation all over again and build new relationships. It was exhausting.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct. I actually had a natural pregnancy during my treatment and when he found out he called me that same day to congratulate me. Unfortunately, that surprise pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements. Maybe they would have helped.
Be prepared with questions and have a list.
I was put on Luteal Oral-Microflare protocol due to my age and DOR. We only retrieved 5 eggs, 3 fertilized and one made it to blast. We did a FET but it was not successful.
CCRM is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult. I also hope that one day all insurance will cover treatment.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They [CCRM] have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs.... Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs. The billing and financial department leave little to be desired. They don’t abide by any insurance companies “negotiated rates” and the lab doesn’t except any insurance covage at all. It very expensive and you have to do a lot of the testing through them.
When your going through treatment you don’t hear from your Dr. unless you schedule a consultation. Your nurse is your go to. My nurse was amazing and has been a source of medical and emotional support. Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support and has helped in finding answers for my sever bleeding during pregnancy
Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance. She been an advocate for me when my wants and needs clash with the Dr.’s. She explains things in a way I understand without belittling me. If it wasn’t for her we probably would have moved clinics by now
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier. He was companionate after my miscarriage but doesn’t understand people don’t have endless amounts of money to pay for every test under the sun, a carrier, another IVF treatment, etc. especially when his clinic is by far one of the most expensive out there and they don’t take any insurance
Be ready to spend your life’s savings and be prepared for him pushing all testing
With my first IVF we did a frozen transfer. I did BC, Depo Lupron (for my endo) PIO, Endometrine, vivelle patches, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I did get pregnant but had a significant blessing episode at 8 weeks. Stayed on PIO and patches until 10 weeks before weening. 2nd IVF, Dane protocol another sever bleeding episode that resulted in a miscarriage. Next transfer wants to try the antihistamine protocol.
With our egg retrieval and Frozen transfer it was just under 40k. It’s 3k for your one day work up, almost 7k for transfer and plus meds for the transfer alone. Then if you get pregnant the additional ultrasounds and monitoring is additional charge
At first I was ok with transferring just one embryo but given my very difficult pregnancy I realized that a singleton was much safer for both baby and I. We did however transfer 2 the second time around against his recommendation
Lone Tree

From the very beginning, the clinic [CCRM Colorado] was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
I dont recall all of the meds
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

2014 - 2018
Chris [nurse at CCRM Colorado] was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her...the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The entire staff is absolutely impeccable. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and have high standards of communication between patients and staff. Their precise and diligent. When multiple appointments are scheduled, they run seamlessly with little wait time in between. I always leave impressed with their professionalism, yet engaging personalities.
My entire family felt heard, valued, and understood. It was a medical experience we've seldom had elsewhere.
Chris was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We trust Dr. G as we would an old friend. He clearly stated expectations and our course of action with compassion and clarity. He listened to our concerns and questions and delicately give an explanation. His positive attitude paired with his expertise were exactly what my family needed each visit. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. We have the utmost respect for Dr. G and had the most positive experience we could have with medical care under the supervision of Dr. G.
You are fortunate to be in his care.
My insurance did not cover any of the cost of my initial IVF treatment, or my second transfer. Therefore, the cost was high, I'd prefer not to state specifics, but the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Based on my age and health, Dr. G was incredibly clear that we should only transfer 1 embryo. I will forever be grateful for his guidance specifically on that subject. Due to his diligence, my son was born healthy and with no complications, and I am currently pregnant and hoping for the same outcome.
Louisville

The clinic [CCRM] is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
There truly are no words to describe how appreciative we are of the Dr and his nurses/clinic for taking our case and trying everything without fear, and for it to end in success makes it even more special. They were so kind, reliable, and cared so genuinely throughout our process. Given my commute from CA, they were on it! My calendar was known weeks in advance and I only had to travel there 3 times, and they told me exactly what I needed to do via phone and email. Their honesty and positive attitude also went a long way with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
AMAZING!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and ran that clinic more than the doctors did at times. They were reliable and very detail oriented.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I actually referred a colleague to him and he was also great with her. He is honest, kind, and very aware of our specific struggles both emotionally and physically. He communicated exactly what I told him that I needed, and he was available if I ever needed him or his team. Very reliable.
He is very positive, and honest - be prepared for that. He wants you to succeed as much as you do.
Given I had multiple miscarriages and he had files form 2 prior doctors, he wasnt afraid to go full court press and have me take acai supplements, growth hormone, testosterone, along with the other usual injections. The lab at CCRM is amazing and very thorough.
Insurance didnt pay for anything so all was out of pocket and costs similar to other fertility clinics
He only allowed for us to transfer one to avoid twinning since that would cause a high risk pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[CCRM] Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well....Our nurse was excellent, as was anyone we spoke to or dealt with. They knew what they were doing and were organized. As a healthcare provider myself I always encourage my patients to always advocate for themselves. And I’m happy to say at CCRM they are SO on top of their game that rarely do you have to worry about that...One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well. There is not much worse then having to sit next to a pregnant person while going to visit your fertility specialist. Infertility clinics and OB clinic‘s should never be in the same building as each other. Weaknesses: cannot think of anything.
Dr Gustofson was very personable and made us feel at ease immediately. He answered all of our questions and was/is a very kind person. Infertility is so hard, but he gave us hope when we felt hopeless.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was kind, available, honest, helpful, and sincere. We really cannot say enough about him or put into words just how grateful we are to have him as our doctor. If we had a question we were able to email him directly and he would always respond in a very timely manner. I do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is struggling with infertility.
If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask, be honest, and trust him !
Dr G used protocol 5 for us. He had a plan like nothing we had ever thought possible and it definitely wasn’t a “one size fits all” like we had at our previous clinic. I don’t remember too many specifics. We primed with human growth hormone and both testosterone patches and gel. I was also taking viagra during my stimulation which included menopur and follistim.
One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Lone Tree

CCRM has mostly strengths—their super structured, diligent practice delivers results in a reasonable timeline. Infertility is not fast, it is not cheap. I don't believe one can go in thinking it is. CCRM handles the process as perfectly as one can.... We spent around 24k for retrieval & transfer with with CCS. This included all labs and scans for both. Not included was meds which were around 6k. We spent another 10k on surgeries and in-office hysterscopies. Our full day of tests cost around 4-5k. Travel was additional.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After 7 years of infertility, Dr. Gustofson used the perfect balance of science and humanity to treat us. He spent time to get to know my body and both my husband and I. He never gave up or doubted my body's ability to do this even though maybe I had. He restored my faith that this body is capable of miracles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sarah)
Nurse Sarah was thoughtful, diligent and the perfect match for my needs. She understand all that we had been through and was understanding when I needed a quick phone chat to run through details, again.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson brought the perfect balance of science and humanity. His bedside manner was just what a 7 year infertility patient whose lost hope in her body needs. He has a genuine love of life, people and a passion for what he does. His approach (as well as CCRM's) is super structured, extremely diligent which allows him to move through patient challenges and resolve them in an appropriate timeline. Within 1 day, we had all the answers we needed to correct our 7 year battle. Dr. Gustofson built a strategic plan that day and for 13 months we followed it diligently. We are currently 11 weeks pregnant. Our success is directly related to his knowledge, diligence and surgical skillset.
Trust him, no matter how much your hope has diminished. There is a reason he requires all the tests he does—they provide him immense knowledge and give him all the tools he needs to make the most educated plan for you. No matter what has happened in your past, trust that he will lead you down the right one.
When we met with Dr. Gustofson in May of 2017, he diagnosed us with a uterine infection (endometritis), a polyp and a septum (one that was supposidly removed 3 previous times). He created a plan that included—a 2 month treatment to remove inflammation and the infection, then a hysterscopy with septum resection, a follow-up in office hysterscopy to confirm the septum, infection and scar tissue were no longer, a mock cycle to test my responsiveness, a uterine biopsy (Beta 3 Integrins Test), another follow-up in office hysterscopy, a retrieval (midluteal oral estrogen priming antagonist protocol), another follow-up in office hysterscopy with endo scratch and FET (Blast, BCPs/Lupron/Suppository/P4 in Oil QOD. All procedures were smooth. The most important step we believe was the constant checking of my uterus to confirm what had been done to it, was in fact done and showing the intended results. As a patient who has a thin lining due to multiple D&Cs, this step was essential. I was told previously that I had Asherman's—Dr. Gustofson never mentioned he. He in fact, never was intimidated by my uterus. Baby step, by baby step, he treated it and scrubbed my uterus till it was in the most perfect state. We tested meds till we found the right ones. In fact, we almost did not transfer because there was fluid in my uterus (which had happened in the past) HOWEVER we did because he believed in it. He said the fluid was mucosa and would go away, if not, they'd suction. Well, transfer day is was gone. He was right, AGAIN and we are currently 11 weeks pregnant.
We transferred 1 very high quality embryo and it worked. Due to thin lining, we felt 1 was best.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. ...My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. I will say that absolutely get treated at the Lousiville office if you can - they definitely have a better nursing staff and a more friendly vibe than the Lone Tree office (you go there on weekends regardless). My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for. I have heard they have hired someone new to hopefully improve things, so just know that the billing side will be tough. The quality of the care far outweighs the frustrations with the billing however!
I always felt like a person, not a number with Dr. G, despite CCRM being a big clinic. He always had plenty of time to answer our questions, no matter how small or dumb they may have seemed, and also understood the emotional turmoil we were going through. He also treated us as a couple which made my husband and I feel more like a united front in our goal to start a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Started with Melissa, transfered to Carolyn after she left)
I started off with a wonderful nurse named Melissa. Right after my first IVF FET transfered failed, she left very abruptly which felt like such a kick in the gut when I was down. Despite that, CCRM seamlessly helped me transition to Carolyn, who was equally as wonderful. She has been a fertility nurse for years and you could tell she knew exactly what she was doing. She was very willing to answer all my endless questions and always got back to me really quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I can't recommend Dr. G highly enough. I felt like he was 100% committed to getting and keeping me pregnant from the day we first met with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manner, both of which I knew I needed for this journey. That said, he always explains everything with solid data behind it, and really clearly described every step along the way so that we had a full understand of the treatment, risks, success rates etc. I also appreciated that he was honest with the success rates and only addressed live birth rates, since getting pregnant and having a miscarriage accomplishes nothing but heartbreak. We went through a very difficult period after the egg retrieval where my lining simply wouldn't get thick enough to transfer an embryo, despite every trick in the book. Dr. G never lost faith, and did an unusual protocol for me that they hardly ever do, but he was confident it would work in my situation. It did, and I'm now pregnant! I can't recommend him highly enough if you are just starting out, or have almost given up at other clinics. It is so important to have complete trust in the RE steering the ship for you.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand your treatment, success rates etc. He is incredibly patient and understanding. He and his wife went through fertility treatment, so I think he understands the anxieties more than most doctors. Another tip? If you're at a crossroads in your treatment, ask him what he would do in your situation if it was him/his wife. He'll give you the real honest answer which can sometimes be different than the doctor answer, and can be a valuable data point to help make your decision.
3 IUI's with increasing amounts of femera - all negative IVF with gonal-f, menapur, cetratide No trigger due to possible OHSS - I really appreciated this last minute change Fertilized with ICSI due to MFI Freeze all cycle so we could do CCS testing - 14 day 5 embryos After testing, 13 were normal (he advised against the testing due to my age of 31, we did it for piece of mind) 1st transfer attempt with estrogen priming - cancelled due to thin lining 2nd transfer attempt with increased estrogen, estrogen shots and viagra - proceed with 6.4mm very boarderline lining. Very tough call for both of us. Transferred 1 embryo and test was negative. 3rd transfer attempt - He said he was bringing out the "big guns" with completely different protocol called a Stim FET. I was on gonal-f and cetratide to stimulate my lining with my own estrogen, since my lining got to 8 during my egg retrieval cycle. He also had me do viagra again, and do the Antihistamine protocol of pregnisone, claritin and pepcid in case my immune system was rejecting the embryo. This doozy of meds got me to a 7.2mm lining, and we transferred two embryos. His recommendation was still to do one, but he was willing to do 2 at our request since the lining protocol was so tough for me, and we were ok with the prospect of twins. That cycle worked and I'm now 12 weeks with B/G twins!
All in start to finish, we spent about $65k.
He very strongly pushes for eSET for the first transfer if your prognosis is good. The general rule at CCRM is two single transfers with CCS embryos, then doing a double transfer if both fail. In our case we were so wrecked after the first failure, and the drugs I had to take for each transfer attempt were essentially all the IVF stim meds (with the associated cost as well) that he didn't have a problem with our request to transfer 2 embryos on our second try. For reference, all our transfers were with CCS tested embryos. He was honest about the risks of multiples and the goal for one healthy baby. He's not interested in you "trying" for twins, and he's absolutely right. But, if you get to the point where its just not happening, he's absolutely willing to adjust course and put in more than 1.

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff [CCRM Colorado] have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.... $60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.
Dr. G is a warm and caring individual and always made me feel like a human. It was his personality and affect that would help to soften the blow of bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
From the start, Monica was very helpful and a great support through my 4 cycles. She was very caring and understanding and great about answering my many questions. All was excellent with Monica until my embryos were sent for PGS testing. There was a snafu and lack of communication that most likely began with Monica. It was not resolved until I pushed and pushed. It caused many days of heartache and unnecessary stress.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would highly recommend Dr. G. He was honest about the odds, but still could be very personable and warm. I never felt rushed and could always ask as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable. He was also very available via the clinic's portal and answered emails within 1 business day. There were also a few occasions when he called me to discuss my situation. I appreciated the personal touches. I would have no concerns about recommending him to anyone.
Always ask questions. He will share all of his knowledge and expertise.
Being over 40 years old with no other challenges, he tried a typical protocol for retrieval. When I'd ovulated prior to retrieval, he switched up the protocol and monitored more closely to prevent premature ovulation. That second cycle didn't produce the desired amount of eggs. He'd then recommended embryo banking. The next two cycles were more successful given the changes he'd made to encourage more eggs. Unfortunately PGS testing revealed that age contributed negatively and all tested embryos were abnormal.
$60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
I appreciated that Dr. G was able to regroup after each cycle to come up with a game plan that worked for me.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it... I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal...CCRM was not the right fit for us. It's the most expensive option and there are just so many patients that you can feel lost in the shuffle...Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change...I really loved how I was always able to talk with a nurse when I called, even if mine was unavailable. The nurses were all very kind and helpful. It was clear they could look up my case and talk through it on the phone which was very helpful. I was able to email or call.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it. However, there are other great practices in Colorado that people from all over the country also come to. They are an IVF machine and have great success rates. I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal.
Dr. Barton is overall kind and direct. She seemed to remember me and my case fine. She expressed her condolences for our difficult year of recurrent early miscarriages.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
I wish I would have looked up more reviews before having Dr. Barton as my doctor. Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change. As other reviews state, Dr. Barton is incredibly direct. I selected a female doctor as I felt they would be able to relate more but I was left wishing for more bedside manner. Some patients may view her directness as an asset and prefer it but it was not the right fit for us.
Dr. Barton did a full workup of tests. I was put on Progesterone Supplements following positive OPK.
Our general testing was about $1500 in blood work. Each ultrasound was $300. My first visit with Dr. Barton was $250 and my re-group was included in our package.

PCOS, Unexplained
Clinic itself [CCRM] is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinic itself is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
He is great in every way. Explains things in a simple way. Great, funny, professional personality. Answers every question. I never felt like "just a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
We were assigned to Melissa, who was the best nurse we could have asked for with this process. Unfortunately she quit after our third IUI.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Couldn't ask for a better provider for our journey. He is great in every way. I have no complaints about him as a provider. He is compassionate about what he does and wants to best possible outcome for his patients. Eases my anxiety about this journey and focuses on my needs for treatment.
IUI x 3 with letrozole - 5 days at 5 mg. Injection of pregnyl or novarel for trigger. Several ultrasounds throughout. Follow up as needed depending on test results. 1-2 mature follicles for each round. Negative pregnancy tests x 3 but I responded well to the medications and changes he made along the way based on test results.
Our costs were affordable as my insurance covers 50% IUI, labs, other tests. It does not cover IVF so we won't be able to afford that.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic.... CCRM is a well-oiled machine.... The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost.... there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a well-oiled machine. It’s one of the top clinics in the US and it is easy to see why. The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost. It is expensive. But in this business, everything is expensive. One thing that was different from my other doctor was there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward but I understand it’s best to have the full picture about each patient before you start stabbing into the dark with treatments.
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic. However, when we met with Dr. Surrey for the first time, he took the time to get to know us and our circumstances. He did a great job at explaining our problems and identifying the solution. He didn’t sugar coat the truth, but he was very optimistic. It was about a year between appointments for us and it felt like we picked up right where we left off which really impressed me.
Taylor is great. I’m alwYs happiest when I get to see or talk to her. Kind, organized, and personable, she helps this confusing world of follicles, medications, and procedures less daunting. I’m grateful for her advocating for me in my behalf.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
The only thing I wish was different is more contact with Dr. Surrey. Right now we are only doing IUI, which I feel in a sense makes us less of a priority. However, when I have questions or concerns and I convey them to his nurse, she always communicates his responses within 24 hours. Since I’m not the only infertile person, I understand his time is limited and I have never felt like he doesn’t care about me as his patient, even if I am just doing IUI right now. Our first meeting, he was so personable and kind. He learned my husband and I were both students and he gave us a discount on our services. He didn’t have to do that, but he was kind enough to offer that help for us. I feel like that really speaks to his character.
Don’t be frustrated when you don’t see him every appointment.
Dr. Surrey started us out on Letrazole because he said it was a better medication than clomid. He provided the research to back up his choice and felt very confident it would work for us. Day 2-5, ultrasound and blood draw to make sure we are good to go ahead with the meds. Day 5-9 letrazole. Day 12 ultrasound for follicle check. Depending on size and number of follicles, there may be a follow up ultrasound. Trigger shot of ovidrel exactly 12 hrs before IUI. My body didn’t respond as well the 2nd and 3rd time so we weren’t able to proceed with the actual IUI.
$350 for primary consult $150 for doctor follow up meeting $200 per ultra sound $100 for hcg blood test HSG $500 $150 for sperm analysis $185 per sperm wash (x2 if freezing sperm for use) I can’t remeber how much the actual IUI is but I think they estimate around $3000 with meds and ultrasounds/blood work and the procedure.
Lone Tree

The office [CCRM Colorado] is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.... The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.... Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The office is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.
Dr Gustofson is a very kind man who treated me and my husband like real people that he cares about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn )
She is very thorough and if she isn’t sure on anything she asks the doctor and gets right back to me.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson was very thorough and knowledgeable. You can tell he loves what he does and understands how emotionally draining the process is. We always felt comfortable and in good hands. We had 2 transfers that ended in miscarriage. As heartbreaking as that was, we never felt like Dr Gustofson was to blame. We’ve had several Doctors that we felt it was more about the money to them and we were just a number. We have never felt that way with him. He came highly recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist.
If you’re ready to make the IVF jump, you can fully trust Dr Gustofson and his team. It’s a scary journey and you should feel confident in your Dr. You will find that with him.
I had a blood test that came back elevated in a certain area which meant my blood was too thick. So after each transfer I took daily injections of Lovenox to thin it out and prevent blood clots. With the 2nd transfer they did an antihistamine protocol which included a steroid, allergy med, and heartburn med. It is a protocol they follow if the first transfer was unsuccessful. After both miscarriages they had me come in for bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything had passed and my hormone levels were returning to normal. With the first miscarriage Dr Gustofson said he thought it was a fluke and the embryo had a cardio or neurological problem. But after the second miscarriage he said he thinks there is something else besides the PCOS going on with my body and they need to do more testing. He doesn’t want to keep doing transfers when obviously something is wrong.
Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs. Each medication varied expense wise. Some were under $50 and others were a couple hundred dollars. In total they probably cost about $800. The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.

IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing [at CCRM], I believe we spent just under $40,000...I do think that the CCRM doctors are great. However, the CCRM nursing staff are overworked and the business office is awful. Everytime I have to deal with the nurses or the business office I wonder why I put myself through this added stress just to see Dr. Surrey.
IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt that Dr. Surrey knew who my husband and I were. However, I felt like a number with the CCRM business office and nursing staff. It was very difficult to communicate with the nurses and business office to where it made me think about leaving CCRM all together.
When you need to contact the nursing staff you call the CCRM main number and you leave a message with the nursing staff. Your assigned nurse is suppose to contact you, but you can also have anyone in the nursing staff return your call. It usually took about 5 hours to get a call back. One time I left two messages on a Friday, never got a call back. My call wasn't returned until Tuesday morning.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey did show compassion and I do feel like he wanted us to have a family. I wish that he did look more into my husband's sperm issues and did more tests for him. After our egg retrieval he recommended more tests for my husband which we asked before we even did our egg retrieval and he said it wasn't necessary.
Before meeting with Dr. Surrey, prepare all the questions that you have. Our meetings with him were less than 10 mins (both in person and on the phone).
I did the CCRM vitamin cocktail and Acai for 3 months prior to my egg retrieval. I did the antagonist protocol and used menopur and gonal-f, and Lupron for a trigger. I did stems for 9 days. My follicle count was 21 and we retrieved 14 eggs, 5 to blast and 2 were ccs tested normal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
They had monitoring times where you could go in for blood work.
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing, I believe we spent just under $40,000.
I did not do a FET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Becca [a nurse at CCRM] has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.... They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best. They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Dr. Surrey has always been kind while still being scientific and calculated. He never rushed me while we were talking in person or on the phone. He is a numbers and percentage type doctor while having a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca Cain)
Becca has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very honest and detail oriented focusing on percentage rates and numbers. What sets him apart to me is that he is so kind and treats me like a human who longs to be a mother. He gets that! And I truly feel like he's on my team rooting for me, trying to help me make the best decisions to get me that baby. He has a super funny personality that you don't ever really see in most doctors. I appreciate his humor and it makes this process a little more fun and light. I don't have my baby yet but I know he's doing everything he can to help me...and he cares.
Appreciate his humor and time. Take your time with him, he gives you his undivided attention. Try to think of any questions you have and write them down so you don't get sidetracked and forget.
With retrieval #1, I started with estrace morning and night for 7 days. Then I started 2 vials of menopur each morning along with 20 units of Lupron morning and night, and 300 units of gonal-f and dexamethasone at night. Dr. Surrey added in 2 vials of menopur at night and upping my gonal-f to 450 units for the last 6 days of stims to try to help move things along. I stimmed for 15 days and got pretty sick which Dr. Surrey thinks it was from the Lupron. Retrieval #2 went a little more smooth as he left the Lupron out and see if that would help keep the headaches down, and it did! I took 2 vails of menopur in the morning, 5 days of 35mg of omnitrope at night, and then 450 units of gonal-f, 100mg of clomid and .5mg of dexamethasone at night. Cetrotide was added in for the last 4 days of stims and my total days of stim meds was 14 days where I then took 3 trigger shots of 10,000 units of pregnyl and 2 shots from the leuprolide acetate trigger kit. Retrieval #3 was the same protocol as #2.
Physician cost $19,694; lab fees $30,166; anesthesia $2,850, facility fees $10,842; approximate medication costs $32,400; FET $5,445.00
I have a slightly T shaped uterus so Dr. Surrey recommended only one embryo transfer at a time. He said he would complete 2 of I really wanted to but it would decrease my successful delivery by 22%.
Lone Tree

Overall, I have felt that the staff [CCRM] has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.... I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time.... When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong.... I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Morgan [a nurse at CCRM] was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.... Very exepensive and out of network for us. They have a lot of out of town patients.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. We found him because of the amazing book he wrote and all the other IVF books out there that talk about CCRM. He is the best doctor there is and has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. He is the best doctor there is an has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Definitely start with him or another doctor at CCRM Lone Tree (the other CCRM's are not under him so only travel to Lone Tree - we live in Chicago but traveled there - it is more doable than it seems, and they are set up for that.) Don't go anywhere else first because I feel CCRM has the best technology and the best lab.
Menopur, Gonal-F, Lupron, Medrol, omnitrope (a growth hormone)
We CCS tested and only had 2 chromosomally normal embryo so that's all we could transfer
Lone Tree

Our nurse, Annalise, is extremely compassionate and really goes above and beyond for you. The other members of the nursing team have also been great. This clinic [CCRM- Louisville] truly choses the best of the best in nurses....They seem to be much higher in cost than other clinics...it doesn't seem like they try to save you money by not doing treatments that aren't completely necessary. This clinic has so many strengths. They are extremely organized and knowledgeable and you are treated with so much respect and compassion.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is considered one of the best in the country with high success rates, extremely knowlegable staff and doctors, and state of the art clinics and equipment. This also comes with a high price tag. One weakness of this clinic are it's costs for services. They seem to be much higher in cost than other clinics but I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Another weakness I feel is that their costs are or clearly outlined so that you know exactly what you will be paying ahead of time and it doesn't seem like they try to save you money by not doing treatments that aren't completely necessary. This clinic has so many strengths. They are extremely organized and knowledgeable and you are treated with so much respect and compassion.
Dr. Gustafson is very compassionate. He takes the time to make sure that you are comfortable with the treatment plan and takes the time to address any questions that you have. He really goes above and beyond for his patients to help them through the difficult process of trying to conceive. He and his wife have been through IVF, so he knows first hand what you are going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annalise Eaton)
Our nurse, Annalise, is extremely compassionate and really goes above and beyond for you. The other members of the nursing team have also been great. This clinic truly choses the best of the best in nurses. Their patients are experiences a very difficult and emotional process and it is extremely important for them to have compassionate nurses.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson is wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable. It is obvious that he truly wants success for you, and will do everything in his power to make that happen. Each time that I have met with him, I haven't felt rushed and I have felt like he allowed me to get all of my questions answered no matter how long it took. He always takes notes and provides the notes to me in the end. That way if I forget something that he said, I can look back at the notes. He also gives you his honest opinion every time without sugar coating anything, but does so in a compassionate manner. I could not be happier with my experience with Dr. Gustafson so far.
Seeing a doctor who truly cares about you and your treatment like Dr. Gustafson does is worth every penny.
I am still in the workup stage of an IVF cycle with Dr. Gustafson. He has told me that once I begin the IVF cycle, he will be doing an antagonist protocol with ICSI and CCS.
The totally costs for my treatment are expected to be around $28,000.
Dr. Gustofson typically uses eSET but will do a transfer of two embryos on some occasions.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Our first IVF cycle with CCRM, we had the same nurse throughout the entire length of treatment and she was absolutely wonderful. When we went back a year and a half later to have a second child, we had difficulty with the nurses leaving and we were reassigned a new nurse several times. I had some trouble getting nursing staff to return calls.... CCRM was very helpful and accommodating to their out of state patients.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM was very helpful and accommodating to their out of state patients. We went to a dinner at CCRM with other out of state patients and had a wonderful time. I think it is so nice that they offer this and it certainly helps their patients feel more at home during their treatment. We never had to wait very long and the nurses and ultrasound technicians were always very professional and helpful. I always felt like we were in a really good place where we were being taken care of in the most professional and caring way.
Dr. Gustofson really does care for his patients. He is always accessible to his patients through the portal system, which is so comforting. No question goes unanswered! He shared some of his personal stories of infertility with my husband and I which made us feel normal and not so alone in this fertility journey. When I expressed concerns over some nursing issues, he personally found a nurse on his team that would work closely with me.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was always available for us when we had a question or needed to make a last minute appointment. He performed my egg retrieval even though he was not the doctor scheduled to do retrievals that day. He knew I was nervous and far from home and it meant the world to us that he took the time out of his busy day! I had fibroid surgery with Dr. Gustofson in-between the egg retrieval and transfer and he was able to do it laparoscopically which allowed me to heal much faster than a standard myomectomy procedure would. I had a successful transfer 6 weeks later! I really appreciate that he personally calls his patients, even if it's not good news. He is always understanding and sympathetic. We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Gustofson and I would always recommend him to anyone who is in need of fertility services. He is the absolute greatest doctor and I have my sweet little family because of him!
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He answers all questions no matter how insignificant or difficult/embarrassing the subject may be.
I don't remember exactly which protocol I was on, although he did tell us this information. We got exactly the results he predicted - 5 CCS tested normal embryos. He prescribed the exact amount of stim meds I ended up using so we didn't waste any money on extra meds which was extremely helpful. He was concerned my estrogen level was high and he kept a close eye making sure I did not overstimulate.
The cost of treatment was discussed with us and we never incurred any additional costs other than what was agreed upon in the beginning.
We were very thankful that he recommended only using one embryo per transfer as we did not want twins.
Louisville

This is CCRM’s weakness- the nursing staff seems to be constantly changing. I had some great experiences with nurses who were kind, compassionate and took a personal interest, and 2 awful nurses who didn’t seem to be familiar with my chart/ meds, didn’t understand the urgency of getting results re lab tests prior to pharmacy closing, and did not apologize for errors or stress they created.... Ccrm is a machine- but a well oiled machine. They know what they are doing and have the numbers to prove it. The Louisville and Denver offices offer a much more personalized experience and it is less overwhelming- lone tree is huge
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Ccrm is a machine- but a well oiled machine. They know what they are doing and have the numbers to prove it. The Louisville and Denver offices offer a much more personalized experience and it is less overwhelming- lone tree is huge and you never see the same nurse twice and the receptionists are cold and not hugely helpful. But, it was still very smoothly running and efficient. They do have amazing counselors and a great support group which was a huge help during this long process.
CCRM can feel like a machine- but Dr G took that away. He knew my personal history without having to reference my chart, learned what was important to me, have me as much detail as I wanted/ needed, always answered questions promptly, and made an individualized plan based on my concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Too many to keep tracj)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
For someone who is super type A and who was used to being successful at everything, and who had never had a cramp or mood swing, and who was terrified of needles, IVF was a daunting process. Dr. G was what made this experience not only bearable, but successful. At our previous clinic, I rarely saw the doc, was not able to reach him, and felt lost in the shuffle. Dr G took time to get to know my husband and I, how much information we needed to feel comfortable without being overwhelmed, was honest about the risks and side effects of certain medications, and seemed to truly understand how stressful the process was. When I didn’t respond as expected to certain meds, he was compassionate but straightforward and adjusted appropriately. We credit Dr G with our beautiful little girl, and have referred 3 friends all whine have success stories to now share. Don’t be fooled by the bad haircut- Dr G is top notch!
Ignore the rotating cycle of nurses- Dr G is worth it
In 2015/2016, our two retrieval’s and 1 transfer ended up costing around $65,000 (including meds and genetic testing). Shopping around for meds can make a huge difference in how much you spend and didn’t realize that for cycle #1
I was glad Dr G was honest with our chances for success, but also honest about the health risk to myself and any potential baby if we transferred more than 1
Lone Tree

I think CCRM has some of the best doctors in the world for fertility treatments. Their embryologists are highly rated and some of the best in the business. I always felt like I was getting top of the line treatment there. The only weakness was their billing department and figuring how treatments were billed and what insurance would cover. We had a lot of back and forth conversations with billing on what we owed and why.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt like a human because Dr. Gustofson made us and our fertility journey feel important. I felt like he was trying to help us as best as he possibly could to reach our dreams of having a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annaliese)
The nurses that I worked with and all the staff were very friendly and helpful in explaining procedures and treatment schedules to me. They were always very organized and helped me to understand every step of the treatment I would go through. They were kind and compassionate when things didn't go as planned and encouraged me in moving forward.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was my favorite doctor to have while going through fertility and IVF treatments. He was able to explain to us what was going on and what he thought would be the best course of treatment for us. He was always understanding to what we were going through and always let us know the benefits vs. risks for each procedure. I always felt a lot of hope from Dr. Gustofson and knew he was telling me what he truly believed and giving us his honest opinion. When a treatment failed, he was always empathetic and knew what we were going through, and encouraged us to stay hopeful and keep moving forward. I can't thank him enough for everything he did to help us have our child and wouldn't have wanted any other doctor.
I would advise a prospective patient of Dr. Gustofson to ask as many questions as possible and ask him to explain anything that might seem confusing. He's always willing to explain more or give his personal perspective on treatment options.
Total IVF treatment costs were around $15,000.
For our first FET, Dr. Gustofson recomment we just transfer one embryo because he was very certain we would get pregnant and wanted to avoid us having multiples. When we miscarried after that FET, he allowed us to transfer two embryos for our next FET. He was understanding to our certain situation, although he always recommends going with just one embryo.

7 Eggs Frozen
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
Honestly, after dealing with many other fertility doctors and clinics CCRM was like a breath of fresh air. ... This clinic is very organized, prompt and have thought almost everything through. I would say there were two staff members at the front desk that we’re not as friendly as they could have been. ... My husband and I were given a choice of how many embryos We would like to transfer. ... he nurse I was assigned to is absolutely amazing! She is in constant contact with me, walking me through every step, encouraging me & keeping everyone organized! She is definitely like a friend!
7 Eggs Frozen
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is very organized, prompt and have thought almost everything through. I would say there were two staff members at the front desk that we’re not as friendly as they could have been. Working in the medical field myself, I know the importance of having a friendly face to great each patient, and to make them feel like they are your number one priority. Most of the staff made me feel important, there were just two that did not seem happy to be at work.
Honestly, after dealing with many other fertility doctors and clinics CCRM was like a breath of fresh air. Dr Schoolcraft is very forthcoming with his opinions and diagnoses, which I, personally, prefer. After 6 years of infertility I wanted a doctor who would years of experience, and bedside manner really didn’t matter to me. Dr Schoolcraft isn’t going to give your a “warm, fuzzy” feeling, but he is extremely smart, and I know he truly wants to help women! The nurse I was assigned to is absolutely amazing! She is in constant contact with me, walking me through every step, encouraging me & keeping everyone organized! She is definitely like a friend!
My nurse, Sarah, is absolutely amazing! She is extremely organized, a great communicator, very compassionate & smart! During our first embryo transfer she came up to give me a hug and bring a small gift for me! She has been such an encourager for me, and she has always been prompt in getting back to me when I call or send a message
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
If you’re looking for a “warm, fuzzy” feeling from your doctor, then Dr Schoolcraft isn’t who you are looking for. But, if you are wanting an experienced, smart, top in the nation fertility doctor, then he’s your man! After 6 years of infertility treatments, including 2 rounds of IVF, I didn’t care about bedside manner. He is very straight forward in his opinions of your case, and I appreciated that. He may not be the best at expressing emotions, but I can truly say he cares for his patients. Even if he is not in the office, he is checking in on each of his patient’s daily! Knowing he has seen almost every infertility case had a way of putting my worries at ease. I was never afraid to ask questions or add in my own opinions, and he would definitely take those into consideration. Overall, I really love and appreciate him as my doctor.
Have your questions written down and ready to ask him and do not be scared to challenge his opinions with your own. Be prepared for his flat affect, whether over the phone or in person. But, don’t let this deter you! He really is great!
Dr Schoolcraft, my husband and myself decided to go the IVM route. Due to my PCO, and my past 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles Dr Schoolcraft’s main focus was to get good quality eggs to be able to freeze. My past 2 IVF cycles, from a different clinic, I had produced almost 30 eggs, but out of those 30 we had none make it to freeze. Dr Schoolcraft wasn’t sure if this was because of egg quality, or lab error or poor response to the fertility medications. Some women do not respond well to the stimulation and their ovaries are not a good host to grow healthy follicles. Because of this, Dr Schoolcraft brought up the option of doing an IVM vs IVF. IVM is often used for women who have PCOS or PCO, which I have! These women tend to produce an over abundance of eggs, and because of this, tend to hyperstimulate (I had experienced hyperstimulation twice with both rounds of IVF). With IVM they use minimum medications to stimulate your ovaries. They then retrieve the eggs at an immature state, continue to grow them in their lab, and, because of this, the woman is essentially at zero risk of Hyperstimulation! We chose to go this route, and my experience was TOTALLY different than my last 2 cycles! I felt great throughout stimming, never felt bloated, no headaches & had a great recovery after my retrieval! I did NOT hyperstimulate, and I felt back to myself after a couple of days! It was just the best experience all around! Even with less stim meds, and retrieving my eggs at an immature state they retrieved 17 eggs! And of those 17 eggs, we were able to freeze 7 great quality embryos! No praying we can get pregnant with one of those embryos!
It was roughly $20,000 for IVM. It’s abkther $5,000 for another transfer since our first transfer didn’t take.
Denver
I have felt very positive about every interaction I have had with the staff at CCRM. Each person is professional, makes you feel like a priority, and is diligent and prompt about addressing any questions or concerns. ... I never feel like an imposition, any question I have, form I need, or information I request is readily available without having to go through a million different channels, leaving unreturned voicemails, etc... My nurse, Laura, has been wonderful.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic has it more together than anywhere I have been. They are incredibly organized and on top of everything. The entire staff is well-versed in the operations and procedures of the clinic. The front desk person who answers your call when you first call the clinic was able to answer many of my questions without giving me the, “I don’t know, you have to speak to such and such,” answer then transferring to a voicemail the way many other clinics do. It was very refreshing. I have felt very positive about every interaction I have had with the staff at CCRM. Each person is professional, makes you feel like a priority, and is diligent and prompt about addressing any questions or concerns. My advice to prospective patients is to go ahead and make the call and set your appointment.
We are out-of-state patients of Dr. Schoolcraft, having turned to him after having 4 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF cycle with 2 doctors locally. We have male factor infertility, but not to the extent that we weren’t good candidates for IVF. When our first cycle failed last year we were very frustrated and felt as though there were a lot of questions and investigative avenues that our local RE was very blasé about exploring. I had gotten several strong recommendations from others who had “gone to Denver” for their treatment and been treated at CCRM by Dr. Schoolcraft. The thought of pursuing this type of treatment with a clinic out of state was overwhelming and intimidating to say the least - so many questions and uncertainties, not the least of which how the logistics of coordinating care would work. I finally decided that I had to make the call and at least explore this option as I was not wanting to return to either doctor we had seen locally. From the first phone consult with Dr. Schoolcraft I felt like I had made a good decision. He listened to me. He raised thoughts and concerns that I had raised with my local doctor to no avail- before I even had the chance to ask him about it. He discussed our situation with me at length and treated me as if I were an intelligent human being who was capable of understanding my situation and possible courses of treatment, etc rather than speaking in vagueries and blowing off my questions. The same experience at our first in-person appointment when we to CCRM for the first time for our 1 day work up. Not only was the experience 100% positive with Dr. Schoolcraft, but the same can be said about the entire staff at CCRM. I never feel like an imposition, any question I have, form I need, or information I request is readily available without having to go through a million different channels, leaving unreturned voicemails, etc... My nurse, Laura, has been wonderful. She is always very responsive, whether I send a message through the portal or call, my call is returned very promptly that same day and all messages are responded to ASAP! And, as many ladies dealing with IF can likely relate, there are times when I feel like a total fruitcake or that my questions must be so ridiculous, but they are answered and I always get reassurance that is not the case, that my questions and concerns are important and worthy of the time to be addressed. Daylight and dark from almost every other clinic and doctor I have seen, Reproductive or otherwise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Again, our experience with Dr. Schoolcraft has been very positive. I was told by a previous patient that he was not super warm, but very knowledgeable and honest and very good at what he does. I will say he is very candid, which is what I want. He told us upfront that he does not sugar coat or give false hope. If he is not confident about something or there is a concern, he will be upfront about it. Regarding his “bedside manner,” though, I found him to be very personable and very approachable, not overly & uncomfortably warm, but definitely enough so that I felt very comfortable when speaking with him about our treatment and asking any and all questions. Everyone has different preferences, but I am the patient who does tons of research, asks questions, and wants to fully 100% understand my treatment, including an honest and thorough assessment of any and all possible obstacles, etc. I want a realistic expectation and I feel that Dr. Schoolcraft has done this very well with the appropriate amount of care and concern and in a way that was understanding and empathetic to our situation.
Be as prepared as possible, as with any doctor, for your visit. Have your questions ready and do not be afraid to discuss your history, your past treatments, ask any questions you may have, etc... He was very willing to take as much time as necessary to address my concerns and discuss these things, so my advice would be to not be shy about that at all.
The strategies used for us were very simple: 1.) Thorough testing and investigation into possible issues or hurdles that may have prevented our past IVF cycle (with previous RE) from being successful. 2.) An assessment of those tests and our treatment history to decide the best route forward. This included, for example, the decision to use a lupron trigger rather than an HCG trigger due to my very responsive ovaries and resulting risk of OHSS, as HCG feeds and exacerbates OHSS. Another example being the decision regarding the cycle day to start priming (the birth control before stims). I was originally to begin the birth control on CD 10, but after assessing my individual situation, a decision was made that it would be better to begin priming on CD 3.
Costs vary from patient to patient. I know, I hate that response too, but all told with our extensive workup and IVF cycle, etc, etc... I believe we were somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-30k.
As with many doctors these days, the feeling is that in most instances single embryo transfer is the most prudent and safest approach. However, we did ask about this, given our previous failed single embryo transfer and were told that in cases of previous failed transfer that he was more comfortable discussing transferring two embryos as opposed to one.

IUI, 1 IVF
Everyone in the clinic [CCRM] has been so kind and welcoming. They are very efficient. I do wish they would communicate results better. I had to ask on a few occasions for them to give me my results.... The clinic is very organized and efficient. They made me feel important and safe at all times. There are several different areas and we have been to each one. We are always greeted and welcomed. They explain exactly what they are gong to be doing and direct you to the next area.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very organized and efficient. They made me feel important and safe at all times. There are several different areas and we have been to each one. We are always greeted and welcomed. They explain exactly what they are gong to be doing and direct you to the next area. They offer several classes to explain the entire IVF process, as well as counseling and peer gatherings.
Dr Surrey has personally called us several time to discuss treatment and test results. He has done all of my procedures and has been very kind and made us feel comfortable with the entire IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Everyone in the clinic has been so kind and welcoming. They are very efficient. I do wish they would communicate results better. I had to ask on a few occasions for them to give me my results.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Surrey was honest, compassionate and kind. He is always welcoming and I felt safe under his care. He explained all of our options and made our treatment plan feel very personal. After my retrieval surgery he made sure to talk to me in the recovery room to tell me how many eggs were successfully retrieved and made sure I was feeling good.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions
I started with birth control and then was on gonal-f and memopur prior to retrieval. I then did Cetrotide and triggered with Lupron. Post retrieval I did a month on birth control, followed by Lupron. I then started estrace, baby aspirin, endometrum and IM progesterone prior to transfer. I am still currently on those meds. I am 8 days post transfer toast, just awaiting my HCG test.
Dr Surrey recommended we only transfer 1 embryo. He made sure we understood all the risks and benefits of transferring more than one. We elected to do chromosomal testing on our embryos and we felt comfortable transferring the one with the highest grading.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
[CCRM is] One of the top labs in the nation. I strongly believe the great lab helped me get embryos created. The clinic is large and is fully staffed so it’s easy to be seen. I like how organized the staff is. The surgery center is very nice and efficient.... $24,000 for the first retrieval including CCS testing. The next retrieval was $17,000 as part of the embryo banking discount... Morgan was amazing! She is prompt and always gets back to me. She is very thorough in her explanations and makes sure we understand everything. She goes above and beyond to take care of our concerns. She is very kind and makes us feel good about going to CCRM
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
He is very scientific and goes off stats. He sticks to what he knows and is brutally honest. He doesn’t really add the human touch to make sure you’re ok emotionally and understand the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan M)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Schoolcraft is very smart and knows how to handle tricky cases. He adjusted my treatment to fit my condition. I believe he helped find the right protocol for my condition. He is very honest and can sometimes seem harsh. He doesn’t like to give false hope so he gives you the realistic outlook. It’s a great trait to have an honest doctor. But he’s not the type to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside
Take what he says with a grain of salt. He may say things in a blunt harsh way.... But remember that the truth is the best in this situation so you know what to expect
We did a natural cycle for my egg retrieval’s. I took omniotrope on cycle day 3 to promote egg quality. I Took clomid starting cycle day 3. Once my follicle started to get big, I took cetrotide to prevent ovulation. Once I took cetrotide I added in menopur because cetrotide decreases the effectiveness of clomid. I then used pregnyl as a trigger. We did this protocol because my FSH is 40 and the doctor didn’t believe I would respond to the typical protocol
My doctor encouraged CCS testing of embryos so we can do single embryo transfer. He prefers that method to avoid multiples in pregnancy
IUI, 2 IVF
CCRM is very caring and run like clock work. There was never long waits and ever procedure done was gentle and with the utmost professionalism. They make you feel comfortable and welcome at all time The are all very caring and always take the time to explain everything and never try to cut things short or make you feel like a burden for having a ton of questions. They are just the type of people you want to be treated by when going through a process like this.
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft and all his staff at CCRM were always there to answer any questions. They were always positive but realistic and always made me feel comfortable during this lengthy process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Mayo )
The nurses at CCRM are the most amazing people I have had the pleasure of working with. They were always there to encourage me and there to answer any questions I had. They were always prompt and called every time the said they would. They made this experience much more enjoyable and less stressful!!!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft was very good when explaining the process we were going through and was always available if we needed to chat with him. When our first batch of embryo's was not available for transfer because of chromosome issues he was very honest about our chances if we wanted to go another round. I truly respect the man and the Doctor and would recommend him to anyone.
Do everything he says, follow the plan and good things will happen.
I was on protocol 5 both rounds for egg retrieval. The first round we had 3 embryos make it to blast but all 3 had chromosome issues. We then went for round 2. We had 2 embryos make it to blast and one had chromosome issues and one was perfect. They transferred him and I am currently pregnant with a healthy baby boy.
I do not know what the exact total cost was but all said and done 25K+

4 Eggs Frozen
The level of care at the clinic [CCRM] is exceptional. Everyone is very professional. Lone Tree is a lovely town to be in while I am undergoing care. The staff works very well to coordinate together to make sure you efficiently meet with all the necessary departments in a timely fashion. ... I have always had my same nurse the entire treatment period thru 4 cycles. She crys with me when my cycles fail. She is always available to me & gets back to me very quickly. When she is off, I am always able to reach another nurse on staff & nurses always return calls even after hours.
4 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The level of care at the clinic is exceptional. Everyone is very professional. Lone Tree is a lovely town to be in while I am undergoing care. The staff works very well to coordinate together to make sure you efficiently meet with all the necessary departments in a timely fashion.
I always had access to speak, meet or convey info to my doctor & nurses & received answers to inquiries.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He had a positive & encouraging attitude. We troubleshooted 3 different protocols until we found our winning protocol. We have adjusted the cycle so that he can monitor me out of state by having me do more ultrasounds & labwork in my home state & only has me fly to Denver when the follicles are at the optimum size which reduces my out of state lodging expenses & minimizes the amount of time off I need to take from work for retrievals. My last cycle was my best cycle yet, where I retrieved 2 bonus eggs. I retrieved 1 immature egg which was matured in an incubator overnight. The cutting edge technology at CCRM Lone Tree has resulted in me being able to freeze more eggs.
Trust him & work in conjunction with him to achieve your goals. He is the best.
Priming is the key at CCRM. I was primed with testosterone gel & viagra. My winning protocol is using microdose Lupron a couple days prior & during stims. For Stims, I do 2 vials of Menopur in the morning & 300 Gonal in the evening for 10 days.
Labs, anesthesia, treatment
Haven't not gotten that far.
Lone Tree

The clinic has a reputation for an excellent lab. The clinic also has support services, like counseling. We used this service when we first arrived to CCRM from another clinic with a horrific experience. The last place was so traumatizing it made us scared to move forward. The counselor was wonderful and helped us communicate our fears and concerns and gave us excellent resources....The cost of ER was around 12,000. The cost for embryology department was around 5,000.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Gustofson is so personable, he has excellent bed side manner, I feel he truly cares about outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana)
All of the staff at CCRM is amazing. We always feel everyone is looking out for us and we both (my husband and I) do not feel like cattle be herding through. We do not feel like a number here. It is an excellent place.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment we walked into CCRM we felt like we were finally in the right place. He was excellent at answering all questions we had and also gave us hope. He did not make promises he could not keep, he did not sugar coat anything but he communicated in such a friendly and caring way. He is excellent.
If you openly communicate what you would like, whether it is changes in plan or choices he will be open to this and he is excellent at receiving feedback.
For our first cycle we used high dose medications, menopur/gonal-f, clomid, omnitrope, ganirelix, and viagra. We got 4 follicles more than we ever had before. This cycle I asked if we could adjust to less medications and do "mini-stim" and he was open to this.
The cost of ER was around 12,000. The cost for embryology department was around 5,000. This is a rough estimate. They did give us a discount for being active duty military.
We have not got to the point of transfer so I can not say.
Lone Tree

CCRM is a really wonderful clinic. It is a nice facility, and everyone working there from the receptionist to the doctors are very professional. I think it's obvious that it is at the cutting edge of new treatments and that the doctors, nurses, techs, etc, are incredibly qualified. The biggest weaknesses are the fact that it is such a big clinic that sometimes I feel like a number/it's not super personal. Additionally, they are so high tech with their treatment and their lab, but they are not that high tech with some of the other simpler things - like calendars! They could easily create digital and more professional looking calendars for patients that adjust with the patient. It sort of drives me crazy that they just have a sloppy, handwritten calendar and I'm expected to add in the dosages and other things as the change. Finally, it is just insanely expensive which is a huge challenge.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft has always talked to me and my husband about our issues individually - that makes me feel like he sees me as a unique case and individual human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Sarah has been great - she is always really positive and informative. She is calm and professional. I appreciate that she answers my crazy questions and encourages me to reach out if I have any issues.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I think Dr. Schoolcraft is an excellent doctor. He is not the warmest, but he is friendly enough and I appreciate that he is so straightforward and honest. He always explains everything in a way that makes sense to me/my husband, and is willing to sit with us as long as we have questions. He is careful about managing our expectations, so we are prepared for the many different potential outcomes.
Ask all the questions you can think of - he is happy to answer them and explain everything to you!
I have done one retrieval so far and will continue on the same protocol for the next two planned retrievals. My protocol at CCRM is called protocol 5 and was described by Dr. Schoolcraft as "the mother of all protocols." Since I have a diminished ovarian reserve, Dr. Schoolcraft wanted me on the highest dosages and most medication to get as many eggs as possible. The stim medications include: 2 vials menopur, 300 units follistim, 100mg clomid... then I added ganirellex and eventually triggered with 10,000 units of lupron and two 800 mg shots of acetate trigger kit.
Phone Consultation: $325 One Day Work-Up: $2884.50 Blood Tests: $642 Day 3 Tests: $402 First Round Retrieval (including all appts, ultra sounds, blood work, retrieval procedure, etc.): $21,168
I have not gotten there yet - currently trying to get as many embryos as possible so we will transfer after the third round of retrievals
Denver

Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process.... CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.
8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
It’s a beautiful clinic [CCRM-Lone Tree] and they’re quite professional and friendly. Strengths are expertise and quality. Weaknesses are providing all information effectively. The docs are great at communicating, but sometimes I felt the nurses and front desk staff didn’t explain things clearly. Or would point to this tiny font at the bottom of a page somewhere and say “Oh that info is right here. You didn’t see it?” Meanwhile you’re hopped up on fertility drugs and just trying to make it through the day. So perhaps empathy is also a bit of an issue with front desk staff and nursing staff. But all in all, a positive experience and I always had confidence that I was getting the best treatment possible in the worl
8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It’s a beautiful clinic and they’re quite professional and friendly. Strengths are expertise and quality. Weaknesses are providing all information effectively. The docs are great at communicating, but sometimes I felt the nurses and front desk staff didn’t explain things clearly. Or would point to this tiny font at the bottom of a page somewhere and say “Oh that info is right here. You didn’t see it?” Meanwhile you’re hopped up on fertility drugs and just trying to make it through the day. So perhaps empathy is also a bit of an issue with front desk staff and nursing staff. But all in all, a positive experience and I always had confidence that I was getting the best treatment possible in the world.
Dr. Gustofson was always friendly and kind and spent as much time as needed to answer all our questions. He remembered previous conversations months later and you always felt like he cared. His wife also went through similar treatment and this makes him very relatable and vice versa.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
I had an amazing primary care nurse named Lesley but she left to another job. Then I got another nurse named Joanna who was a terrible communicator, not organized at all and made me feel very nervous that things were being missed. I requested that my doc assign me a different primary care nurse. I was assigned to another (who then left) and finally to Kathryn who was great. He nursing team works very cooperatively and I would often get calls from other nurses but didn’t mind at all. The one thing that could be improved is that each nurse only works 4 days a week, so if you have an emergency on their day off, it’s a little nerve-wracking, even though one of the other nurses will call you back with answers... it would still be nice to have access to your primary are nurse at least 5 days a week.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson is always smiling. He was always patient and took time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed. Dr. Gustofson does not speak down to you or try to dumb things down - he’ll answer your questions scientifically and wait for additional questions. For me, this gave me a great deal of confidence in his knowledge and experience. His bedside manner is second to none. He is calming and kind at all times. If I had to include a weakness, it would be his support (and maybe experience) with complementary practices such as acupuncture, reiki and yoga. I’m a yoga instructor so I may be a bit biased, but I think meditation and fertility yoga should be more highly emphasized. But otherwise, Dr. G was the best I could have asked for.
Feel free to come up with, and ask, as many questions as you need to. He will never make you feel dumb for asking or rushed out of his office.
Microflare protocol with patches. Estrace Testosterone Provera Lupron Saizen Menopur Gonal-F Increased egg production since I had low ovarian reserve and low follicle count.
Pricey

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Katie [nurse at CCRM Colorado]...is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message... a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is exceptionally skilled at what they do. They have an excellent reputation globally and are a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Cushman)
Katie, as a provider, is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara is patient, kind, but extremely good at her job - the perfect balance of amazingly smart, but with the human touch that is hard to find in a medical professional. She took time to explain things thoroughly. We were kind of a challenging case, and she was skilled at finding solutions and new ways to navigate our infertility issues. She was collaborative and always listened to what we wanted while gently offering suggestions.
Sara is more than willing and able to answer questions - don't hesitate to reach out if something seems unusual or different or if you just need reassurance.
We underwent 4 FET cycles, although our embryos were retrieved at a different facility (not CCRM). The first and second cycles were unsuccessful, but the third resulted in a pregnancy, only to find no heartbeat at 6 weeks. The fourth was successful. For 1-3, we only transferred one embryo. For cycle 4, we did two. We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
I want to say that the transfer only was in the ball park of $7K, not including prescription medication.
They have a chart that indicates their suggested approach - generally just one, unless you are of a certain age or have a history of failed transfers or your egg quality is not ideal.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion....after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic [CCRM - Colorado] was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.... I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.... She has stuck with me the whole way and is very patient with me. I trust her advice and care.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I hate feeling like cattle moving through the clinic. This is why I chose them as a second replacement. But what ever gets the job done now I guess. I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.
I feel like the care with both the RE’s I have used was just following a text book plan and not really tailored to my body. It’s like oh you have this issue, let do plan C.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way. I just wished there were more studies out there on everything from endometriosis and what works or doesn’t. It just seems like there is very little to fall back on in research in the infertility world verses like cancer.
Be patient and open minded to what it will take to have 1 healthy baby.
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen or referring me back to my OBGYN since they didn’t take my insureance - like not for one thing. So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.
Beyond ridiculously expensive! But I don’t like talking specific numbers.
My approach was to do 1 only given I have had surgery on my uterus. I don’t think that is the norm.
Lone Tree

From what I hear the clinic [CCRM] has an amazing lab, which is a good reason to go here. The clinic is comfortable and large and seems like they have very good equipment. However, it is impersonable and it feels very disorganized to me...When comparing to other clinics, it is significantly more expensive.... The nurses are great in person and I felt were compassionate. However, there were already a few mixups and we are at the initial stages.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
From what I hear the clinic has an amazing lab, which is a good reason to go here. The clinic is comfortable and large and seems like they have very good equipment. However, it is impersonable and it feels very disorganized to me . One time I sat in the wrong place waiting for my procedure- and sat for a very long time. When I asked if I should be there, I was told yes I was in the right place. Then after 45 minutes, I checked in again and was told I was in the wrong spot. A similar thing happened another Time as well. It feels like they have no idea who is sitting in there waiting room. I was also talk to Rudely when I was told I had to do a procedure I was not expecting I needed to pay $700 that day. I asked if I could speak to a nurse or someone that can explain to me what this procedure was and was told that a nurse was unavailable, and if I were to speak to a doctor today, I would have to pay a fee to talk to them. It was very frustrating. I finally got a hold of a nurse after asking a million questions to the front desk person as to why I had to do this procedure. In the end, I did not have to do the procedure at all .
I really do like Dr Surrey as he has a great bedside manner and answered many questions- however, the clinic itself is very impersonal. I am in the beginning stages and have just completed all of my pre-work up- so we'll see how the rest goes
The nurses are great in person and I felt were compassionate. However, there were already a few mixups and we are at the initial stages. This makes me concerned. Furthermore, the communication is less than desirable, as they can be Hard to reach.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I have only had two appointments with him as I'm in the early stages. I just completed the pre-work up. He spent a fair amount of time with us in the regroup- He is very personable and tries to answer your questions.
One thing that was disappointing was we had asked if he could write down what we discussed in our regroup and he said he would not be able to do that. It was complicated information and I was not trusting my memory. I guess be prepared to take notes before you leave the office
Because I am 45, and have low egg reserve , this doctor wanted me to have three retrievals. This put the cost up exponentially, almost doubling the initial estimate. The rationale is that they can fertilize all the exit once and then see what we have. However, I did get a second opinion from another clinic and they only wanted to do one egg retrieval at a time. I definitely left feeling confused after visiting both doctors and clinics
This is the most expensive clinic in the state. When comparing to other clinics, it is significantly more expensive. Also, my treatment plan that was laid out for me and it up doubling my cost. Another provider had a different treatment plan that was much more inexpensive

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
The billing office [at CCRM] is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there... I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli.... She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing office is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best. I am a physician myself and I have extremely high standards for medical care. I sought out Dr. Kondapalli after a well respected physician colleague of mine recommended her after she helped her to achieve a successful healthy pregnancy. I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli. She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations. This was my second experience with IVF and the first one was not a positive one at all. During my first egg retrieval, only 8 eggs were retrieved and three embryos were created. These aren't horrible results for many IVF families, but 8 eggs from a relatively young and healthy person without fertility issues, is very disappointing. When I started seeing Dr. Kondapalli it was apparent from the very beginning that I was dealing with an entirely different level of expertise. To make a sports reference, it was like I went from T-ball to the major leagues. She was able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 of which fertilized. This is a remarkable retrieval result and it is entirely due to Dr. Kondapalli and her unparalleled attention to detail, conscientious monitoring and skilled adjustments throughout the entire process. In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can. Due to the day that my retrieval fell on, I was scheduled to have my retrieval performed by another undoubtedly skilled physician at CCRM. I traveled to Denver from out of state specifically for Dr. Kondapalli, so I was understandably really upset and disappointed that the person who I had come to trust was not going to be there for one of the most important steps in the process. I expressed my disappointment to Dr. Kondapalli and she did something for me that I will never forget. She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
Definitely go to her.
2010 - 2017
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
You are in and out quickly but without feeling rushed (you aren’t waiting in the waiting room for very long at all, but they [CCRM] take their time with you during your appointment). ... The nurses and doctors are great, but the front desk staff always seemed a bit overwhelmed. ... The clinic is beautiful, clean, and well managed once you become a patient. ... When you go for your initial one day work up, however, you will most definitely feel like you are being shuffled around and just “another patient.”
2010 - 2017
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and well managed once you become a patient. You are in and out quickly but without feeling rushed (you aren’t waiting in the waiting room for very long at all, but they take their time with you during your appointment). When you go for your initial one day work up, however, you will most definitely feel like you are being shuffled around and just “another patient.” It’s not that they aren’t kind, but you definitely don’t feel like a priority. The nurses and doctors are great, but the front desk staff always seemed a bit overwhelmed.
I went to Dr. Surrey two times. The first time was in 2010 and resulted in a pregnancy. I went back in 2016 to see what my chances were for a second baby. Dr. Surrey remembered me, my husband, and our case very well. I realize he had all of our information in file, but he had an incredible bedside manner without giving us any false hope. He was very matter of fact about our chances with my eggs and what it would take to get pregnant again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
My nurse was wonderful. Everyone was always incredibly optimistic and compassionate.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. He called me when there was something important to discuss, or if he knew I might have further questions about something. He had a great bedside manner, but was always straight forward as well.
Be prepared to be told exactly how it is.
I remember he added saizen to the protocol. That was the only hormone I had not taken in my previous cycles.
I had a surgery that would have cost $10,000 but they convinced my insurance to pay for half, so it was $5,000. The IVF with medications totaled to about $15,000. The one day work up was around $5,000.
At the time, he didn’t have much of a preference and let me decide. He recommended two. I’m sure those ideas have changed in the past few years though.