Genetic counseling: Offered
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?

6.6

7.1

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
They [CCRM Colorado- Denver] did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Cindy [a nurse at CCRM- Colorado] is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths are that they are effecient and their lab is probably the best in the USA. They are constantly on the cutting edge of new treatment by constantly educating them self and conducting research on new advances to improve results. Weaknesses are that they do not accept military insurance. Although they do offer a military discount off of services, it is still pretty expensive and it would be nice if they would accept military insurance for disabled veterans like myself. Their lab is the BEST. If you can only do one cycle because of cost, I would say to do that cycle with Ccrm. If you can not afford to cycle with them, I would suggest that you at least get your workup done at ccrm because they are the most through clinic that I have ever been with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft, his nurses, and the administration treated me with respect. They were all compassionate and concerned about my treatment and about how I was doing. They all know my name, they know who I am. If I needed anything, they all made themself available for me to get things done in an effecient manner. That is something that I hold dear to me, they all treated me very well. No matter what my results end up, I know everyone cared and wants the best for my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers. That’s all we could ever hope for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process. Listen to him and trust him, he truly has your best interest at heart
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Estrogen Proming Protocol. Prime with estrogen after ovulation, once cycle day 1 starts, get ultrasound, begin stim meds (gonalf, menopur, clomid and dexamethosone). Ultrasounds and labs daily after 3 rd day of stims
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
$30,000 for fertility workup and ivf with genetic testing
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Because I am advanced maternal age, I didn’t really feel as if I wanted to get all of the embryos tested, I really wanted to do a fresh transfer of 4 embryos because most of them Would be abnormal. However, Dr.Schoolcraft was adamant that we can put no more than two. He really only wanted to transfer one but we pushed because we are older and didn’t want to waste as much time between transfer if it did not take. He heard our pleas and allowed 2
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

CCRM has a great laboratory that helps to yield good results, ie live births. They are pioneers of the field so you know you are getting great care. They are a big clinic so sometimes you can feel lost as a number. Some doctors dont have great bedside manner but ours did. They are more expensive then most clinics it seems. They have great hours which allows for flexibility. Many other clinics are not open on weekends.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very personable. He remembers my past medical history as well as personal details that I've shared. He always makes us feel comfortable. I've laughed and cried with him and he's always been supportive. He answers all my questions thoroughly and in a way I can understand. He gives the facts with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris Neely)
Our nurse was overall very good. She was generally compassionate. There was a period when the clinic was busy and undergoing changes that I believe was stressful for her as it showed in her interaction with us. She seemed annoyed at times, called me by the wrong name and just seemed busy and bothered. She did turn around after a bit of time. She is always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. He is very thorough when explaining what we have done, what we will do, what we can expect, and what will be next. He shows empathy and seems to really understand what a difficult journey this is for his patients and is very supportive. He remembers personal details I've shared about our family which helps to feel there is a true connection. He will ask about our son, our move, our vacation, etc. He always followed up with a phone call after our transfers and answered all questions we had. He makes us feel comfortable and safe. I trust him completely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Believe in him. He has your best interest in mind.
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
After trying 5 IUI'S at another clinic we consulted with Dr. G. He had a thorough understanding of what we have tried and created a plan to move forward with IVF, stating we could try one more IUI but it was not likely to work. He recommended IVF with 50/50 ICSI and conventional fertilization. I don't know the name of the protocol but it seemed pretty straight forward. My body had not settled down from the stim meds after first retrieval for our planned fresh cycle so moved on to a frozen transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and successful delivered a singleton. 2 years later we transferred 2 more embryos using the same protocol for priming. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 5 months after that we transferred our lastv3 embryos with the same protocol and the addition of the antihistamine protocol to address the possibly reasoning for the chemical pregnancy. We had never had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage before. This also resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
We used the assure program for out first transfer and that cost $32k for up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers or until a live birth. Consults and regroups cost $250. Frozen embryo transfers were about $6,000 without monitoring.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Prior to our first IVF it was explained that we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos and what the risks were when transferring multiples. We decided to transfer 2. Because I had such a strong inital beta it was thought I may have had twins but only one embryo implanted. Our 2nd transfer we also decided to transfer 2 based on doctor recommendation since we only had a singleton with the prior transfer. The 3rd transfer we also transferred 2 for the same reason. At first the doctor left the choice of 1-2 up to us but based on the results he then strongly recommend transferring 2 but still allowed it to be our choice.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.

We switched nurses [at CCRM- CO] right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice facility. All of the staff was helpful and courteous. I never felt like a "number" but rather always felt welcomed and that anyone there was willing to go above and beyond to help in any way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
We switched nurses right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Best fertility doctor anywhere. If you are looking for a lengthy conversation about things unrelated to treatment, he might not be your guy; however, if you are looking for expertise and respect in the field, there is none more perfect. He was very patient, thoroughly explained everything, answered all of our questions, and we never felt rushed. He spent a considerable about of time reviewing our medical history before our first consult/visit, and had a plan of action from the start. He was very straight forward about what we needed to do and, of course, he was right and we, after 8 years of trying, treatments, and disappointments, are expecting a baby girl in a few months.
Be prepared to hear the truth. He is the expert and we 100% trusted every word he said to us. We followed his treatment plan without asking questions and the results were worth it!
Dr. Schoolcraft did not recommend multiple embryo transfers; however, listened to my concerns and wishes.
Lone Tree

[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.
Lone Tree

Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Lone Tree

I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton [at CCRM Colorado], and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

I think the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them...I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Their [CCRM] facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best....There was a time my nurse told me to go onto a specific medication immediately, and when I got to the pharmacy it was a different medication. There was also a time when I wasn't told to go back on a med and only when I asked 3 days later why I wasn't on it this round did they say- oops, you should be on that!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their lab and results are great. Their reputation is too notch. Their doctors are well regarded. Their facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best. You have to really stay on top of them.
I’ve never actually spoken with Dr. K (over the phone Orin person) since my initial appt.
The nursing staff is clearly over worked with too many patience, so not all the blame falls on them. That said, my particular nurse treated me as if I was on a ‘need to know’ basis and didn’t need to know anything. I felt like a lot of details as well as reasons/rationale were left of, I was oftenleft puzzled testing a friend who had been through this. Also, a couple mistakes were made in regards to medication etc.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I think dr K absolutely knows her stuff and was good at adjusting my treatments each round of my IUIs as she learned new info, however I rarely knew why she was doing what she was doing. I wish I’d had check ins after each one, but that wasn’t offered. I believe she cares deeply and is in her office truly studying my #s and deciding the best course for us, on the flip side lots of questions go unanswered since I have zero communication with her.
Ask a LOT of questions up front as you might never speak with her again.
I’ve done 3 IUIs so far- all failed. 1st IUI- oral clomid and took forever- 5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 2nd- oral clomid followed by menopur shots still took a long time (40+ days)- 4-5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 3rd IUI: oral clomid alongside menopur shots- 1ultrasounds in total- growth was more predictable- triggered and did timed intercourse. Each one took a different course and they seemed to get more streamlined as we progressed.
I am about $10,000 in including all the workup tests, appts, etc. and then the 3 IUIs.

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome [at CCRM Colorado]. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to...It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
During my first IUI cycle [at CCRM Colorado] I was given meds and had a reaction. They told me I could never take that med again but for my IVF cycle, that med was listed as one I needed to take. If I didn't notice then I would of been given a med that I was allergic to...is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult...The billing is confusing and needs some work...I wish they nurses] had more time to devote to each one of us.
7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I never had to wait long for an appointment. The office is clean and comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You know what to expect and they provide you with literature that explains everything. They are usually pretty good at returning phone calls. The billing is confusing and needs some work. I think the nurses need help though. They work long hours. They do care about their patients and I wish they had more time to devote to each one of us.
Dr. Surrey really cared about me and I felt like he really wanted us to be parents. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I had all great nurses but the problem was that they were always quitting and I would be assigned a new one. It was frustrating to have to explain your situation all over again and build new relationships. It was exhausting.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct. I actually had a natural pregnancy during my treatment and when he found out he called me that same day to congratulate me. Unfortunately, that surprise pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements. Maybe they would have helped.
Be prepared with questions and have a list.
I was put on Luteal Oral-Microflare protocol due to my age and DOR. We only retrieved 5 eggs, 3 fertilized and one made it to blast. We did a FET but it was not successful.
CCRM is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult. I also hope that one day all insurance will cover treatment.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They [CCRM] have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs.... Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs. The billing and financial department leave little to be desired. They don’t abide by any insurance companies “negotiated rates” and the lab doesn’t except any insurance covage at all. It very expensive and you have to do a lot of the testing through them.
When your going through treatment you don’t hear from your Dr. unless you schedule a consultation. Your nurse is your go to. My nurse was amazing and has been a source of medical and emotional support. Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support and has helped in finding answers for my sever bleeding during pregnancy
Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance. She been an advocate for me when my wants and needs clash with the Dr.’s. She explains things in a way I understand without belittling me. If it wasn’t for her we probably would have moved clinics by now
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier. He was companionate after my miscarriage but doesn’t understand people don’t have endless amounts of money to pay for every test under the sun, a carrier, another IVF treatment, etc. especially when his clinic is by far one of the most expensive out there and they don’t take any insurance
Be ready to spend your life’s savings and be prepared for him pushing all testing
With my first IVF we did a frozen transfer. I did BC, Depo Lupron (for my endo) PIO, Endometrine, vivelle patches, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I did get pregnant but had a significant blessing episode at 8 weeks. Stayed on PIO and patches until 10 weeks before weening. 2nd IVF, Dane protocol another sever bleeding episode that resulted in a miscarriage. Next transfer wants to try the antihistamine protocol.
With our egg retrieval and Frozen transfer it was just under 40k. It’s 3k for your one day work up, almost 7k for transfer and plus meds for the transfer alone. Then if you get pregnant the additional ultrasounds and monitoring is additional charge
At first I was ok with transferring just one embryo but given my very difficult pregnancy I realized that a singleton was much safer for both baby and I. We did however transfer 2 the second time around against his recommendation
Lone Tree

From the very beginning, the clinic [CCRM Colorado] was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
I dont recall all of the meds
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

2014 - 2018
Chris [nurse at CCRM Colorado] was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her...the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The entire staff is absolutely impeccable. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and have high standards of communication between patients and staff. Their precise and diligent. When multiple appointments are scheduled, they run seamlessly with little wait time in between. I always leave impressed with their professionalism, yet engaging personalities.
My entire family felt heard, valued, and understood. It was a medical experience we've seldom had elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
Chris was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We trust Dr. G as we would an old friend. He clearly stated expectations and our course of action with compassion and clarity. He listened to our concerns and questions and delicately give an explanation. His positive attitude paired with his expertise were exactly what my family needed each visit. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. We have the utmost respect for Dr. G and had the most positive experience we could have with medical care under the supervision of Dr. G.
You are fortunate to be in his care.
My insurance did not cover any of the cost of my initial IVF treatment, or my second transfer. Therefore, the cost was high, I'd prefer not to state specifics, but the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Based on my age and health, Dr. G was incredibly clear that we should only transfer 1 embryo. I will forever be grateful for his guidance specifically on that subject. Due to his diligence, my son was born healthy and with no complications, and I am currently pregnant and hoping for the same outcome.
Louisville

The clinic [CCRM] is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
There truly are no words to describe how appreciative we are of the Dr and his nurses/clinic for taking our case and trying everything without fear, and for it to end in success makes it even more special. They were so kind, reliable, and cared so genuinely throughout our process. Given my commute from CA, they were on it! My calendar was known weeks in advance and I only had to travel there 3 times, and they told me exactly what I needed to do via phone and email. Their honesty and positive attitude also went a long way with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
AMAZING!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and ran that clinic more than the doctors did at times. They were reliable and very detail oriented.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I actually referred a colleague to him and he was also great with her. He is honest, kind, and very aware of our specific struggles both emotionally and physically. He communicated exactly what I told him that I needed, and he was available if I ever needed him or his team. Very reliable.
He is very positive, and honest - be prepared for that. He wants you to succeed as much as you do.
Given I had multiple miscarriages and he had files form 2 prior doctors, he wasnt afraid to go full court press and have me take acai supplements, growth hormone, testosterone, along with the other usual injections. The lab at CCRM is amazing and very thorough.
Insurance didnt pay for anything so all was out of pocket and costs similar to other fertility clinics
He only allowed for us to transfer one to avoid twinning since that would cause a high risk pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[CCRM] Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well....Our nurse was excellent, as was anyone we spoke to or dealt with. They knew what they were doing and were organized. As a healthcare provider myself I always encourage my patients to always advocate for themselves. And I’m happy to say at CCRM they are SO on top of their game that rarely do you have to worry about that...One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well. There is not much worse then having to sit next to a pregnant person while going to visit your fertility specialist. Infertility clinics and OB clinic‘s should never be in the same building as each other. Weaknesses: cannot think of anything.
Dr Gustofson was very personable and made us feel at ease immediately. He answered all of our questions and was/is a very kind person. Infertility is so hard, but he gave us hope when we felt hopeless.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was kind, available, honest, helpful, and sincere. We really cannot say enough about him or put into words just how grateful we are to have him as our doctor. If we had a question we were able to email him directly and he would always respond in a very timely manner. I do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is struggling with infertility.
If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask, be honest, and trust him !
Dr G used protocol 5 for us. He had a plan like nothing we had ever thought possible and it definitely wasn’t a “one size fits all” like we had at our previous clinic. I don’t remember too many specifics. We primed with human growth hormone and both testosterone patches and gel. I was also taking viagra during my stimulation which included menopur and follistim.
One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Lone Tree

CCRM has mostly strengths—their super structured, diligent practice delivers results in a reasonable timeline. Infertility is not fast, it is not cheap. I don't believe one can go in thinking it is. CCRM handles the process as perfectly as one can.... We spent around 24k for retrieval & transfer with with CCS. This included all labs and scans for both. Not included was meds which were around 6k. We spent another 10k on surgeries and in-office hysterscopies. Our full day of tests cost around 4-5k. Travel was additional.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After 7 years of infertility, Dr. Gustofson used the perfect balance of science and humanity to treat us. He spent time to get to know my body and both my husband and I. He never gave up or doubted my body's ability to do this even though maybe I had. He restored my faith that this body is capable of miracles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sarah)
Nurse Sarah was thoughtful, diligent and the perfect match for my needs. She understand all that we had been through and was understanding when I needed a quick phone chat to run through details, again.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson brought the perfect balance of science and humanity. His bedside manner was just what a 7 year infertility patient whose lost hope in her body needs. He has a genuine love of life, people and a passion for what he does. His approach (as well as CCRM's) is super structured, extremely diligent which allows him to move through patient challenges and resolve them in an appropriate timeline. Within 1 day, we had all the answers we needed to correct our 7 year battle. Dr. Gustofson built a strategic plan that day and for 13 months we followed it diligently. We are currently 11 weeks pregnant. Our success is directly related to his knowledge, diligence and surgical skillset.
Trust him, no matter how much your hope has diminished. There is a reason he requires all the tests he does—they provide him immense knowledge and give him all the tools he needs to make the most educated plan for you. No matter what has happened in your past, trust that he will lead you down the right one.
When we met with Dr. Gustofson in May of 2017, he diagnosed us with a uterine infection (endometritis), a polyp and a septum (one that was supposidly removed 3 previous times). He created a plan that included—a 2 month treatment to remove inflammation and the infection, then a hysterscopy with septum resection, a follow-up in office hysterscopy to confirm the septum, infection and scar tissue were no longer, a mock cycle to test my responsiveness, a uterine biopsy (Beta 3 Integrins Test), another follow-up in office hysterscopy, a retrieval (midluteal oral estrogen priming antagonist protocol), another follow-up in office hysterscopy with endo scratch and FET (Blast, BCPs/Lupron/Suppository/P4 in Oil QOD. All procedures were smooth. The most important step we believe was the constant checking of my uterus to confirm what had been done to it, was in fact done and showing the intended results. As a patient who has a thin lining due to multiple D&Cs, this step was essential. I was told previously that I had Asherman's—Dr. Gustofson never mentioned he. He in fact, never was intimidated by my uterus. Baby step, by baby step, he treated it and scrubbed my uterus till it was in the most perfect state. We tested meds till we found the right ones. In fact, we almost did not transfer because there was fluid in my uterus (which had happened in the past) HOWEVER we did because he believed in it. He said the fluid was mucosa and would go away, if not, they'd suction. Well, transfer day is was gone. He was right, AGAIN and we are currently 11 weeks pregnant.
We transferred 1 very high quality embryo and it worked. Due to thin lining, we felt 1 was best.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. ...My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. I will say that absolutely get treated at the Lousiville office if you can - they definitely have a better nursing staff and a more friendly vibe than the Lone Tree office (you go there on weekends regardless). My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for. I have heard they have hired someone new to hopefully improve things, so just know that the billing side will be tough. The quality of the care far outweighs the frustrations with the billing however!
I always felt like a person, not a number with Dr. G, despite CCRM being a big clinic. He always had plenty of time to answer our questions, no matter how small or dumb they may have seemed, and also understood the emotional turmoil we were going through. He also treated us as a couple which made my husband and I feel more like a united front in our goal to start a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Started with Melissa, transfered to Carolyn after she left)
I started off with a wonderful nurse named Melissa. Right after my first IVF FET transfered failed, she left very abruptly which felt like such a kick in the gut when I was down. Despite that, CCRM seamlessly helped me transition to Carolyn, who was equally as wonderful. She has been a fertility nurse for years and you could tell she knew exactly what she was doing. She was very willing to answer all my endless questions and always got back to me really quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I can't recommend Dr. G highly enough. I felt like he was 100% committed to getting and keeping me pregnant from the day we first met with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manner, both of which I knew I needed for this journey. That said, he always explains everything with solid data behind it, and really clearly described every step along the way so that we had a full understand of the treatment, risks, success rates etc. I also appreciated that he was honest with the success rates and only addressed live birth rates, since getting pregnant and having a miscarriage accomplishes nothing but heartbreak. We went through a very difficult period after the egg retrieval where my lining simply wouldn't get thick enough to transfer an embryo, despite every trick in the book. Dr. G never lost faith, and did an unusual protocol for me that they hardly ever do, but he was confident it would work in my situation. It did, and I'm now pregnant! I can't recommend him highly enough if you are just starting out, or have almost given up at other clinics. It is so important to have complete trust in the RE steering the ship for you.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand your treatment, success rates etc. He is incredibly patient and understanding. He and his wife went through fertility treatment, so I think he understands the anxieties more than most doctors. Another tip? If you're at a crossroads in your treatment, ask him what he would do in your situation if it was him/his wife. He'll give you the real honest answer which can sometimes be different than the doctor answer, and can be a valuable data point to help make your decision.
3 IUI's with increasing amounts of femera - all negative IVF with gonal-f, menapur, cetratide No trigger due to possible OHSS - I really appreciated this last minute change Fertilized with ICSI due to MFI Freeze all cycle so we could do CCS testing - 14 day 5 embryos After testing, 13 were normal (he advised against the testing due to my age of 31, we did it for piece of mind) 1st transfer attempt with estrogen priming - cancelled due to thin lining 2nd transfer attempt with increased estrogen, estrogen shots and viagra - proceed with 6.4mm very boarderline lining. Very tough call for both of us. Transferred 1 embryo and test was negative. 3rd transfer attempt - He said he was bringing out the "big guns" with completely different protocol called a Stim FET. I was on gonal-f and cetratide to stimulate my lining with my own estrogen, since my lining got to 8 during my egg retrieval cycle. He also had me do viagra again, and do the Antihistamine protocol of pregnisone, claritin and pepcid in case my immune system was rejecting the embryo. This doozy of meds got me to a 7.2mm lining, and we transferred two embryos. His recommendation was still to do one, but he was willing to do 2 at our request since the lining protocol was so tough for me, and we were ok with the prospect of twins. That cycle worked and I'm now 12 weeks with B/G twins!
All in start to finish, we spent about $65k.
He very strongly pushes for eSET for the first transfer if your prognosis is good. The general rule at CCRM is two single transfers with CCS embryos, then doing a double transfer if both fail. In our case we were so wrecked after the first failure, and the drugs I had to take for each transfer attempt were essentially all the IVF stim meds (with the associated cost as well) that he didn't have a problem with our request to transfer 2 embryos on our second try. For reference, all our transfers were with CCS tested embryos. He was honest about the risks of multiples and the goal for one healthy baby. He's not interested in you "trying" for twins, and he's absolutely right. But, if you get to the point where its just not happening, he's absolutely willing to adjust course and put in more than 1.

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff [CCRM Colorado] have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.... $60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.
Dr. G is a warm and caring individual and always made me feel like a human. It was his personality and affect that would help to soften the blow of bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
From the start, Monica was very helpful and a great support through my 4 cycles. She was very caring and understanding and great about answering my many questions. All was excellent with Monica until my embryos were sent for PGS testing. There was a snafu and lack of communication that most likely began with Monica. It was not resolved until I pushed and pushed. It caused many days of heartache and unnecessary stress.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would highly recommend Dr. G. He was honest about the odds, but still could be very personable and warm. I never felt rushed and could always ask as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable. He was also very available via the clinic's portal and answered emails within 1 business day. There were also a few occasions when he called me to discuss my situation. I appreciated the personal touches. I would have no concerns about recommending him to anyone.
Always ask questions. He will share all of his knowledge and expertise.
Being over 40 years old with no other challenges, he tried a typical protocol for retrieval. When I'd ovulated prior to retrieval, he switched up the protocol and monitored more closely to prevent premature ovulation. That second cycle didn't produce the desired amount of eggs. He'd then recommended embryo banking. The next two cycles were more successful given the changes he'd made to encourage more eggs. Unfortunately PGS testing revealed that age contributed negatively and all tested embryos were abnormal.
$60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
I appreciated that Dr. G was able to regroup after each cycle to come up with a game plan that worked for me.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it... I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal...CCRM was not the right fit for us. It's the most expensive option and there are just so many patients that you can feel lost in the shuffle...Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change...I really loved how I was always able to talk with a nurse when I called, even if mine was unavailable. The nurses were all very kind and helpful. It was clear they could look up my case and talk through it on the phone which was very helpful. I was able to email or call.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it. However, there are other great practices in Colorado that people from all over the country also come to. They are an IVF machine and have great success rates. I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal.
Dr. Barton is overall kind and direct. She seemed to remember me and my case fine. She expressed her condolences for our difficult year of recurrent early miscarriages.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
I wish I would have looked up more reviews before having Dr. Barton as my doctor. Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change. As other reviews state, Dr. Barton is incredibly direct. I selected a female doctor as I felt they would be able to relate more but I was left wishing for more bedside manner. Some patients may view her directness as an asset and prefer it but it was not the right fit for us.
Dr. Barton did a full workup of tests. I was put on Progesterone Supplements following positive OPK.
Our general testing was about $1500 in blood work. Each ultrasound was $300. My first visit with Dr. Barton was $250 and my re-group was included in our package.

PCOS, Unexplained
Clinic itself [CCRM] is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinic itself is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
He is great in every way. Explains things in a simple way. Great, funny, professional personality. Answers every question. I never felt like "just a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
We were assigned to Melissa, who was the best nurse we could have asked for with this process. Unfortunately she quit after our third IUI.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Couldn't ask for a better provider for our journey. He is great in every way. I have no complaints about him as a provider. He is compassionate about what he does and wants to best possible outcome for his patients. Eases my anxiety about this journey and focuses on my needs for treatment.
IUI x 3 with letrozole - 5 days at 5 mg. Injection of pregnyl or novarel for trigger. Several ultrasounds throughout. Follow up as needed depending on test results. 1-2 mature follicles for each round. Negative pregnancy tests x 3 but I responded well to the medications and changes he made along the way based on test results.
Our costs were affordable as my insurance covers 50% IUI, labs, other tests. It does not cover IVF so we won't be able to afford that.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic.... CCRM is a well-oiled machine.... The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost.... there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a well-oiled machine. It’s one of the top clinics in the US and it is easy to see why. The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost. It is expensive. But in this business, everything is expensive. One thing that was different from my other doctor was there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward but I understand it’s best to have the full picture about each patient before you start stabbing into the dark with treatments.
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic. However, when we met with Dr. Surrey for the first time, he took the time to get to know us and our circumstances. He did a great job at explaining our problems and identifying the solution. He didn’t sugar coat the truth, but he was very optimistic. It was about a year between appointments for us and it felt like we picked up right where we left off which really impressed me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
Taylor is great. I’m alwYs happiest when I get to see or talk to her. Kind, organized, and personable, she helps this confusing world of follicles, medications, and procedures less daunting. I’m grateful for her advocating for me in my behalf.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
The only thing I wish was different is more contact with Dr. Surrey. Right now we are only doing IUI, which I feel in a sense makes us less of a priority. However, when I have questions or concerns and I convey them to his nurse, she always communicates his responses within 24 hours. Since I’m not the only infertile person, I understand his time is limited and I have never felt like he doesn’t care about me as his patient, even if I am just doing IUI right now. Our first meeting, he was so personable and kind. He learned my husband and I were both students and he gave us a discount on our services. He didn’t have to do that, but he was kind enough to offer that help for us. I feel like that really speaks to his character.
Don’t be frustrated when you don’t see him every appointment.
Dr. Surrey started us out on Letrazole because he said it was a better medication than clomid. He provided the research to back up his choice and felt very confident it would work for us. Day 2-5, ultrasound and blood draw to make sure we are good to go ahead with the meds. Day 5-9 letrazole. Day 12 ultrasound for follicle check. Depending on size and number of follicles, there may be a follow up ultrasound. Trigger shot of ovidrel exactly 12 hrs before IUI. My body didn’t respond as well the 2nd and 3rd time so we weren’t able to proceed with the actual IUI.
$350 for primary consult $150 for doctor follow up meeting $200 per ultra sound $100 for hcg blood test HSG $500 $150 for sperm analysis $185 per sperm wash (x2 if freezing sperm for use) I can’t remeber how much the actual IUI is but I think they estimate around $3000 with meds and ultrasounds/blood work and the procedure.
Lone Tree

The office [CCRM Colorado] is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.... The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.... Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The office is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.
Dr Gustofson is a very kind man who treated me and my husband like real people that he cares about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn )
She is very thorough and if she isn’t sure on anything she asks the doctor and gets right back to me.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson was very thorough and knowledgeable. You can tell he loves what he does and understands how emotionally draining the process is. We always felt comfortable and in good hands. We had 2 transfers that ended in miscarriage. As heartbreaking as that was, we never felt like Dr Gustofson was to blame. We’ve had several Doctors that we felt it was more about the money to them and we were just a number. We have never felt that way with him. He came highly recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist.
If you’re ready to make the IVF jump, you can fully trust Dr Gustofson and his team. It’s a scary journey and you should feel confident in your Dr. You will find that with him.
I had a blood test that came back elevated in a certain area which meant my blood was too thick. So after each transfer I took daily injections of Lovenox to thin it out and prevent blood clots. With the 2nd transfer they did an antihistamine protocol which included a steroid, allergy med, and heartburn med. It is a protocol they follow if the first transfer was unsuccessful. After both miscarriages they had me come in for bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything had passed and my hormone levels were returning to normal. With the first miscarriage Dr Gustofson said he thought it was a fluke and the embryo had a cardio or neurological problem. But after the second miscarriage he said he thinks there is something else besides the PCOS going on with my body and they need to do more testing. He doesn’t want to keep doing transfers when obviously something is wrong.
Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs. Each medication varied expense wise. Some were under $50 and others were a couple hundred dollars. In total they probably cost about $800. The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.

IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing [at CCRM], I believe we spent just under $40,000...I do think that the CCRM doctors are great. However, the CCRM nursing staff are overworked and the business office is awful. Everytime I have to deal with the nurses or the business office I wonder why I put myself through this added stress just to see Dr. Surrey.
IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt that Dr. Surrey knew who my husband and I were. However, I felt like a number with the CCRM business office and nursing staff. It was very difficult to communicate with the nurses and business office to where it made me think about leaving CCRM all together.
When you need to contact the nursing staff you call the CCRM main number and you leave a message with the nursing staff. Your assigned nurse is suppose to contact you, but you can also have anyone in the nursing staff return your call. It usually took about 5 hours to get a call back. One time I left two messages on a Friday, never got a call back. My call wasn't returned until Tuesday morning.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey did show compassion and I do feel like he wanted us to have a family. I wish that he did look more into my husband's sperm issues and did more tests for him. After our egg retrieval he recommended more tests for my husband which we asked before we even did our egg retrieval and he said it wasn't necessary.
Before meeting with Dr. Surrey, prepare all the questions that you have. Our meetings with him were less than 10 mins (both in person and on the phone).
I did the CCRM vitamin cocktail and Acai for 3 months prior to my egg retrieval. I did the antagonist protocol and used menopur and gonal-f, and Lupron for a trigger. I did stems for 9 days. My follicle count was 21 and we retrieved 14 eggs, 5 to blast and 2 were ccs tested normal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
They had monitoring times where you could go in for blood work.
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing, I believe we spent just under $40,000.
I did not do a FET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Becca [a nurse at CCRM] has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.... They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best. They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Dr. Surrey has always been kind while still being scientific and calculated. He never rushed me while we were talking in person or on the phone. He is a numbers and percentage type doctor while having a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca Cain)
Becca has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very honest and detail oriented focusing on percentage rates and numbers. What sets him apart to me is that he is so kind and treats me like a human who longs to be a mother. He gets that! And I truly feel like he's on my team rooting for me, trying to help me make the best decisions to get me that baby. He has a super funny personality that you don't ever really see in most doctors. I appreciate his humor and it makes this process a little more fun and light. I don't have my baby yet but I know he's doing everything he can to help me...and he cares.
Appreciate his humor and time. Take your time with him, he gives you his undivided attention. Try to think of any questions you have and write them down so you don't get sidetracked and forget.
With retrieval #1, I started with estrace morning and night for 7 days. Then I started 2 vials of menopur each morning along with 20 units of Lupron morning and night, and 300 units of gonal-f and dexamethasone at night. Dr. Surrey added in 2 vials of menopur at night and upping my gonal-f to 450 units for the last 6 days of stims to try to help move things along. I stimmed for 15 days and got pretty sick which Dr. Surrey thinks it was from the Lupron. Retrieval #2 went a little more smooth as he left the Lupron out and see if that would help keep the headaches down, and it did! I took 2 vails of menopur in the morning, 5 days of 35mg of omnitrope at night, and then 450 units of gonal-f, 100mg of clomid and .5mg of dexamethasone at night. Cetrotide was added in for the last 4 days of stims and my total days of stim meds was 14 days where I then took 3 trigger shots of 10,000 units of pregnyl and 2 shots from the leuprolide acetate trigger kit. Retrieval #3 was the same protocol as #2.
Physician cost $19,694; lab fees $30,166; anesthesia $2,850, facility fees $10,842; approximate medication costs $32,400; FET $5,445.00
I have a slightly T shaped uterus so Dr. Surrey recommended only one embryo transfer at a time. He said he would complete 2 of I really wanted to but it would decrease my successful delivery by 22%.
Lone Tree

Overall, I have felt that the staff [CCRM] has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.... I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time.... When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong.... I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Morgan [a nurse at CCRM] was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.... Very exepensive and out of network for us. They have a lot of out of town patients.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. We found him because of the amazing book he wrote and all the other IVF books out there that talk about CCRM. He is the best doctor there is and has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. He is the best doctor there is an has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Definitely start with him or another doctor at CCRM Lone Tree (the other CCRM's are not under him so only travel to Lone Tree - we live in Chicago but traveled there - it is more doable than it seems, and they are set up for that.) Don't go anywhere else first because I feel CCRM has the best technology and the best lab.
Menopur, Gonal-F, Lupron, Medrol, omnitrope (a growth hormone)
We CCS tested and only had 2 chromosomally normal embryo so that's all we could transfer
Lone Tree

Our nurse, Annalise, is extremely compassionate and really goes above and beyond for you. The other members of the nursing team have also been great. This clinic [CCRM- Louisville] truly choses the best of the best in nurses....They seem to be much higher in cost than other clinics...it doesn't seem like they try to save you money by not doing treatments that aren't completely necessary. This clinic has so many strengths. They are extremely organized and knowledgeable and you are treated with so much respect and compassion.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is considered one of the best in the country with high success rates, extremely knowlegable staff and doctors, and state of the art clinics and equipment. This also comes with a high price tag. One weakness of this clinic are it's costs for services. They seem to be much higher in cost than other clinics but I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Another weakness I feel is that their costs are or clearly outlined so that you know exactly what you will be paying ahead of time and it doesn't seem like they try to save you money by not doing treatments that aren't completely necessary. This clinic has so many strengths. They are extremely organized and knowledgeable and you are treated with so much respect and compassion.
Dr. Gustafson is very compassionate. He takes the time to make sure that you are comfortable with the treatment plan and takes the time to address any questions that you have. He really goes above and beyond for his patients to help them through the difficult process of trying to conceive. He and his wife have been through IVF, so he knows first hand what you are going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annalise Eaton)
Our nurse, Annalise, is extremely compassionate and really goes above and beyond for you. The other members of the nursing team have also been great. This clinic truly choses the best of the best in nurses. Their patients are experiences a very difficult and emotional process and it is extremely important for them to have compassionate nurses.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson is wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable. It is obvious that he truly wants success for you, and will do everything in his power to make that happen. Each time that I have met with him, I haven't felt rushed and I have felt like he allowed me to get all of my questions answered no matter how long it took. He always takes notes and provides the notes to me in the end. That way if I forget something that he said, I can look back at the notes. He also gives you his honest opinion every time without sugar coating anything, but does so in a compassionate manner. I could not be happier with my experience with Dr. Gustafson so far.
Seeing a doctor who truly cares about you and your treatment like Dr. Gustafson does is worth every penny.
I am still in the workup stage of an IVF cycle with Dr. Gustafson. He has told me that once I begin the IVF cycle, he will be doing an antagonist protocol with ICSI and CCS.
The totally costs for my treatment are expected to be around $28,000.
Dr. Gustofson typically uses eSET but will do a transfer of two embryos on some occasions.
Louisville

I have felt very positive about every interaction I have had with the staff at CCRM. Each person is professional, makes you feel like a priority, and is diligent and prompt about addressing any questions or concerns. ... I never feel like an imposition, any question I have, form I need, or information I request is readily available without having to go through a million different channels, leaving unreturned voicemails, etc... My nurse, Laura, has been wonderful.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic has it more together than anywhere I have been. They are incredibly organized and on top of everything. The entire staff is well-versed in the operations and procedures of the clinic. The front desk person who answers your call when you first call the clinic was able to answer many of my questions without giving me the, “I don’t know, you have to speak to such and such,” answer then transferring to a voicemail the way many other clinics do. It was very refreshing. I have felt very positive about every interaction I have had with the staff at CCRM. Each person is professional, makes you feel like a priority, and is diligent and prompt about addressing any questions or concerns. My advice to prospective patients is to go ahead and make the call and set your appointment.
We are out-of-state patients of Dr. Schoolcraft, having turned to him after having 4 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF cycle with 2 doctors locally. We have male factor infertility, but not to the extent that we weren’t good candidates for IVF. When our first cycle failed last year we were very frustrated and felt as though there were a lot of questions and investigative avenues that our local RE was very blasé about exploring. I had gotten several strong recommendations from others who had “gone to Denver” for their treatment and been treated at CCRM by Dr. Schoolcraft. The thought of pursuing this type of treatment with a clinic out of state was overwhelming and intimidating to say the least - so many questions and uncertainties, not the least of which how the logistics of coordinating care would work. I finally decided that I had to make the call and at least explore this option as I was not wanting to return to either doctor we had seen locally. From the first phone consult with Dr. Schoolcraft I felt like I had made a good decision. He listened to me. He raised thoughts and concerns that I had raised with my local doctor to no avail- before I even had the chance to ask him about it. He discussed our situation with me at length and treated me as if I were an intelligent human being who was capable of understanding my situation and possible courses of treatment, etc rather than speaking in vagueries and blowing off my questions. The same experience at our first in-person appointment when we to CCRM for the first time for our 1 day work up. Not only was the experience 100% positive with Dr. Schoolcraft, but the same can be said about the entire staff at CCRM. I never feel like an imposition, any question I have, form I need, or information I request is readily available without having to go through a million different channels, leaving unreturned voicemails, etc... My nurse, Laura, has been wonderful. She is always very responsive, whether I send a message through the portal or call, my call is returned very promptly that same day and all messages are responded to ASAP! And, as many ladies dealing with IF can likely relate, there are times when I feel like a total fruitcake or that my questions must be so ridiculous, but they are answered and I always get reassurance that is not the case, that my questions and concerns are important and worthy of the time to be addressed. Daylight and dark from almost every other clinic and doctor I have seen, Reproductive or otherwise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Again, our experience with Dr. Schoolcraft has been very positive. I was told by a previous patient that he was not super warm, but very knowledgeable and honest and very good at what he does. I will say he is very candid, which is what I want. He told us upfront that he does not sugar coat or give false hope. If he is not confident about something or there is a concern, he will be upfront about it. Regarding his “bedside manner,” though, I found him to be very personable and very approachable, not overly & uncomfortably warm, but definitely enough so that I felt very comfortable when speaking with him about our treatment and asking any and all questions. Everyone has different preferences, but I am the patient who does tons of research, asks questions, and wants to fully 100% understand my treatment, including an honest and thorough assessment of any and all possible obstacles, etc. I want a realistic expectation and I feel that Dr. Schoolcraft has done this very well with the appropriate amount of care and concern and in a way that was understanding and empathetic to our situation.
Be as prepared as possible, as with any doctor, for your visit. Have your questions ready and do not be afraid to discuss your history, your past treatments, ask any questions you may have, etc... He was very willing to take as much time as necessary to address my concerns and discuss these things, so my advice would be to not be shy about that at all.
The strategies used for us were very simple: 1.) Thorough testing and investigation into possible issues or hurdles that may have prevented our past IVF cycle (with previous RE) from being successful. 2.) An assessment of those tests and our treatment history to decide the best route forward. This included, for example, the decision to use a lupron trigger rather than an HCG trigger due to my very responsive ovaries and resulting risk of OHSS, as HCG feeds and exacerbates OHSS. Another example being the decision regarding the cycle day to start priming (the birth control before stims). I was originally to begin the birth control on CD 10, but after assessing my individual situation, a decision was made that it would be better to begin priming on CD 3.
Costs vary from patient to patient. I know, I hate that response too, but all told with our extensive workup and IVF cycle, etc, etc... I believe we were somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-30k.
As with many doctors these days, the feeling is that in most instances single embryo transfer is the most prudent and safest approach. However, we did ask about this, given our previous failed single embryo transfer and were told that in cases of previous failed transfer that he was more comfortable discussing transferring two embryos as opposed to one.
Lone Tree

The clinic has a reputation for an excellent lab. The clinic also has support services, like counseling. We used this service when we first arrived to CCRM from another clinic with a horrific experience. The last place was so traumatizing it made us scared to move forward. The counselor was wonderful and helped us communicate our fears and concerns and gave us excellent resources....The cost of ER was around 12,000. The cost for embryology department was around 5,000.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Gustofson is so personable, he has excellent bed side manner, I feel he truly cares about outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana)
All of the staff at CCRM is amazing. We always feel everyone is looking out for us and we both (my husband and I) do not feel like cattle be herding through. We do not feel like a number here. It is an excellent place.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment we walked into CCRM we felt like we were finally in the right place. He was excellent at answering all questions we had and also gave us hope. He did not make promises he could not keep, he did not sugar coat anything but he communicated in such a friendly and caring way. He is excellent.
If you openly communicate what you would like, whether it is changes in plan or choices he will be open to this and he is excellent at receiving feedback.
For our first cycle we used high dose medications, menopur/gonal-f, clomid, omnitrope, ganirelix, and viagra. We got 4 follicles more than we ever had before. This cycle I asked if we could adjust to less medications and do "mini-stim" and he was open to this.
The cost of ER was around 12,000. The cost for embryology department was around 5,000. This is a rough estimate. They did give us a discount for being active duty military.
We have not got to the point of transfer so I can not say.
Lone Tree

Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process.... CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.

8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
It’s a beautiful clinic [CCRM-Lone Tree] and they’re quite professional and friendly. Strengths are expertise and quality. Weaknesses are providing all information effectively. The docs are great at communicating, but sometimes I felt the nurses and front desk staff didn’t explain things clearly. Or would point to this tiny font at the bottom of a page somewhere and say “Oh that info is right here. You didn’t see it?” Meanwhile you’re hopped up on fertility drugs and just trying to make it through the day. So perhaps empathy is also a bit of an issue with front desk staff and nursing staff. But all in all, a positive experience and I always had confidence that I was getting the best treatment possible in the worl
8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It’s a beautiful clinic and they’re quite professional and friendly. Strengths are expertise and quality. Weaknesses are providing all information effectively. The docs are great at communicating, but sometimes I felt the nurses and front desk staff didn’t explain things clearly. Or would point to this tiny font at the bottom of a page somewhere and say “Oh that info is right here. You didn’t see it?” Meanwhile you’re hopped up on fertility drugs and just trying to make it through the day. So perhaps empathy is also a bit of an issue with front desk staff and nursing staff. But all in all, a positive experience and I always had confidence that I was getting the best treatment possible in the world.
Dr. Gustofson was always friendly and kind and spent as much time as needed to answer all our questions. He remembered previous conversations months later and you always felt like he cared. His wife also went through similar treatment and this makes him very relatable and vice versa.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
I had an amazing primary care nurse named Lesley but she left to another job. Then I got another nurse named Joanna who was a terrible communicator, not organized at all and made me feel very nervous that things were being missed. I requested that my doc assign me a different primary care nurse. I was assigned to another (who then left) and finally to Kathryn who was great. He nursing team works very cooperatively and I would often get calls from other nurses but didn’t mind at all. The one thing that could be improved is that each nurse only works 4 days a week, so if you have an emergency on their day off, it’s a little nerve-wracking, even though one of the other nurses will call you back with answers... it would still be nice to have access to your primary are nurse at least 5 days a week.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson is always smiling. He was always patient and took time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed. Dr. Gustofson does not speak down to you or try to dumb things down - he’ll answer your questions scientifically and wait for additional questions. For me, this gave me a great deal of confidence in his knowledge and experience. His bedside manner is second to none. He is calming and kind at all times. If I had to include a weakness, it would be his support (and maybe experience) with complementary practices such as acupuncture, reiki and yoga. I’m a yoga instructor so I may be a bit biased, but I think meditation and fertility yoga should be more highly emphasized. But otherwise, Dr. G was the best I could have asked for.
Feel free to come up with, and ask, as many questions as you need to. He will never make you feel dumb for asking or rushed out of his office.
Microflare protocol with patches. Estrace Testosterone Provera Lupron Saizen Menopur Gonal-F Increased egg production since I had low ovarian reserve and low follicle count.
Pricey

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Katie [nurse at CCRM Colorado]...is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message... a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is exceptionally skilled at what they do. They have an excellent reputation globally and are a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Cushman)
Katie, as a provider, is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara is patient, kind, but extremely good at her job - the perfect balance of amazingly smart, but with the human touch that is hard to find in a medical professional. She took time to explain things thoroughly. We were kind of a challenging case, and she was skilled at finding solutions and new ways to navigate our infertility issues. She was collaborative and always listened to what we wanted while gently offering suggestions.
Sara is more than willing and able to answer questions - don't hesitate to reach out if something seems unusual or different or if you just need reassurance.
We underwent 4 FET cycles, although our embryos were retrieved at a different facility (not CCRM). The first and second cycles were unsuccessful, but the third resulted in a pregnancy, only to find no heartbeat at 6 weeks. The fourth was successful. For 1-3, we only transferred one embryo. For cycle 4, we did two. We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
I want to say that the transfer only was in the ball park of $7K, not including prescription medication.
They have a chart that indicates their suggested approach - generally just one, unless you are of a certain age or have a history of failed transfers or your egg quality is not ideal.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion....after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic [CCRM - Colorado] was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.... I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.... She has stuck with me the whole way and is very patient with me. I trust her advice and care.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I hate feeling like cattle moving through the clinic. This is why I chose them as a second replacement. But what ever gets the job done now I guess. I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.
I feel like the care with both the RE’s I have used was just following a text book plan and not really tailored to my body. It’s like oh you have this issue, let do plan C.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way. I just wished there were more studies out there on everything from endometriosis and what works or doesn’t. It just seems like there is very little to fall back on in research in the infertility world verses like cancer.
Be patient and open minded to what it will take to have 1 healthy baby.
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen or referring me back to my OBGYN since they didn’t take my insureance - like not for one thing. So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.
Beyond ridiculously expensive! But I don’t like talking specific numbers.
My approach was to do 1 only given I have had surgery on my uterus. I don’t think that is the norm.
Lone Tree

From what I hear the clinic [CCRM] has an amazing lab, which is a good reason to go here. The clinic is comfortable and large and seems like they have very good equipment. However, it is impersonable and it feels very disorganized to me...When comparing to other clinics, it is significantly more expensive.... The nurses are great in person and I felt were compassionate. However, there were already a few mixups and we are at the initial stages.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
From what I hear the clinic has an amazing lab, which is a good reason to go here. The clinic is comfortable and large and seems like they have very good equipment. However, it is impersonable and it feels very disorganized to me . One time I sat in the wrong place waiting for my procedure- and sat for a very long time. When I asked if I should be there, I was told yes I was in the right place. Then after 45 minutes, I checked in again and was told I was in the wrong spot. A similar thing happened another Time as well. It feels like they have no idea who is sitting in there waiting room. I was also talk to Rudely when I was told I had to do a procedure I was not expecting I needed to pay $700 that day. I asked if I could speak to a nurse or someone that can explain to me what this procedure was and was told that a nurse was unavailable, and if I were to speak to a doctor today, I would have to pay a fee to talk to them. It was very frustrating. I finally got a hold of a nurse after asking a million questions to the front desk person as to why I had to do this procedure. In the end, I did not have to do the procedure at all .
I really do like Dr Surrey as he has a great bedside manner and answered many questions- however, the clinic itself is very impersonal. I am in the beginning stages and have just completed all of my pre-work up- so we'll see how the rest goes
The nurses are great in person and I felt were compassionate. However, there were already a few mixups and we are at the initial stages. This makes me concerned. Furthermore, the communication is less than desirable, as they can be Hard to reach.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I have only had two appointments with him as I'm in the early stages. I just completed the pre-work up. He spent a fair amount of time with us in the regroup- He is very personable and tries to answer your questions.
One thing that was disappointing was we had asked if he could write down what we discussed in our regroup and he said he would not be able to do that. It was complicated information and I was not trusting my memory. I guess be prepared to take notes before you leave the office
Because I am 45, and have low egg reserve , this doctor wanted me to have three retrievals. This put the cost up exponentially, almost doubling the initial estimate. The rationale is that they can fertilize all the exit once and then see what we have. However, I did get a second opinion from another clinic and they only wanted to do one egg retrieval at a time. I definitely left feeling confused after visiting both doctors and clinics
This is the most expensive clinic in the state. When comparing to other clinics, it is significantly more expensive. Also, my treatment plan that was laid out for me and it up doubling my cost. Another provider had a different treatment plan that was much more inexpensive

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
The billing office [at CCRM] is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there... I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli.... She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing office is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best. I am a physician myself and I have extremely high standards for medical care. I sought out Dr. Kondapalli after a well respected physician colleague of mine recommended her after she helped her to achieve a successful healthy pregnancy. I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli. She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations. This was my second experience with IVF and the first one was not a positive one at all. During my first egg retrieval, only 8 eggs were retrieved and three embryos were created. These aren't horrible results for many IVF families, but 8 eggs from a relatively young and healthy person without fertility issues, is very disappointing. When I started seeing Dr. Kondapalli it was apparent from the very beginning that I was dealing with an entirely different level of expertise. To make a sports reference, it was like I went from T-ball to the major leagues. She was able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 of which fertilized. This is a remarkable retrieval result and it is entirely due to Dr. Kondapalli and her unparalleled attention to detail, conscientious monitoring and skilled adjustments throughout the entire process. In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can. Due to the day that my retrieval fell on, I was scheduled to have my retrieval performed by another undoubtedly skilled physician at CCRM. I traveled to Denver from out of state specifically for Dr. Kondapalli, so I was understandably really upset and disappointed that the person who I had come to trust was not going to be there for one of the most important steps in the process. I expressed my disappointment to Dr. Kondapalli and she did something for me that I will never forget. She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
Definitely go to her.
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I do not recommend this clinic [CCRM] to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did.... There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I do not recommend this clinic to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did. They have totally jumped the shark in terms of believing their own publicity and are completely rigid in terms of how they approach the medicine of reproduction. There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results. You must do pgs testing. they will not even consider day 3 freeze. They will not ever do a fresh transfer. They will not consider immuno supports- schoolcraft actuall called it pseudo- science to my face when I asked due to my history of RPL. Meanwhile more and more papers on the specific useful immuno treatments are being released. i think if you are under the age of 35 and do NOT have diagnosed DOR, and have never had a failed cycle, their conservative approach could work for you.
I knew ahead of time that his bedside manner is considered brusque. I found him straightforward and direct. he happened to be quite wrong in what he told me he thought would be my outcome which pissed me off after the fact, but he spoke to me as a person.
Sarah was super organized and dealt with all the details efficiently.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I only spoke to him one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol. The rest of the time I dealt with his nurse, Sarah, who was efficient and nice. I had very little conversation with schoolcraft until after the cycle ultimately failed and we had a follow up call.
Don’t be intimidated by his reputation. Don’t be overly emotional or expect him to dry your tears. Come in with your questions prepared and dont ask for any immuno protocol.
He put me on the highest dose of everything which i think is his general approach to all stims. I was on 150 meno, 375 follistim, 100 clomid, a steroid i can’t remember which though, and ganirelix. It was by a long shot the heaviest dose of stims i did and it produced the worst results of all 7 stim cycles i did.
All in over 40K out of pocket.
never made it to transfer because they all died on day 4- which is what always happened. This was particularly bad because they got 14 eggs and only 4 were mature. They insist on growing to day 5 and so the 4 died.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
They [CCRM- Lone Tree] get results. They are a busy clinic and at times I felt like a number but I wanted a clinic who had good experience with many patients and CCRM has that. Billing was confusing at times so be diligent about reviewing every charge and understanding what you are paying for.... They [the nurses] were wonderful! Although I did not always see the same nurse during my IVF cycle the staff I did see was aware of my case and knowledgeable. It was sometimes difficult to speak with someone on the phone the nurses were very quick and responsive via email. At one point my GC had some bad bleeding and we were able to get a hold of our nurse and sr quickly which was comforting.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They get results. They are a busy clinic and at times I felt like a number but I wanted a clinic who had good experience with many patients and CCRM has that. Billing was confusing at times so be diligent about reviewing every charge and understanding what you are paying for.
Sarah was wonderful! I never felt like a number when speaking with her. She knew the details of our situation. She was warm and kind but also knowledgeable and direct. I loved her! I knew from the moment I spoke to her that she was our doctor. That being said the clinic is large and treats thousands of people with great success. I chose this clinic because I would be a number. I wanted a clinic with tons is experience and good success rates.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Candace weiland)
They were wonderful! Although I did not always see the same nurse during my IVF cycle the staff I did see was aware of my case and knowledgeable. It was sometimes difficult to speak with someone on the phone the nurses were very quick and responsive via email. At one point my GC had some bad bleeding and we were able to get a hold of our nurse and sr quickly which was comforting.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I loved Dr. Barton. I felt like she knew us and was invested in our success. She took the time to walk us through every step of the process and answered all of our questions in detail. Dr Barton was the best part of working with ccrm. Even though we did not always talk to her or see her on visits the nurse assured me she reviewed our case. Often times the nurse would say “let me check with dr Barton” before directing us which I appreciated.
pick her! She is wonderful!
I was put on menopour, gonal F and certrotide during my IVF cycle.
Around $55k
Lone Tree

[The nurses CCRM Colorado are] Very much on top of ordering medication, walking me through dates on our retrieval and transfer calendar, ensuring all appts were made and steps I needed to take were clear. Very compassionate and caring...[Dr. Gustofson] strongly recommended a single embryo transfer, which brought us relief as we were worried about the risks of multiples and he brought those up as concerns on his end as well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has an amazing lab, I had two other doctors perform procedures (other than my doctor -- Barton and Surrey) and they were both amazing.... great bedside manner, clear explanations of what to expect, great results both times. The billing office was the only weakness I encountered with the clinic and lately it seems to have gotten better, I heard they've hired more people and response times/quality of responses seems to have improved. The billing is confusing, though many aspects of medical billing can be confusing.
Dr. Gustofson personally called with all results from CCS testing, he called to congratulate us when we got a positive beta result. He allowed us to email him directly at any time with any questions and his response time was quick. Each time we met with him it was clear he had taken time to review our records and knew our situation, even remembering personal details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annalise)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We absolutely love Dr. G and would recommend him in a heartbeat. He's straightforward, honest, doesn't sugar coat things and leaves room for hope if there is a possibility of hope. He has a good sense of humor and genuinely cares about his patients and their success.
Ask questions, don't be afraid to email him directly.
I was on the MicroFlare Lupron protocol with Omnitrope and estrogen and testosterone priming. We did this for two cycles and got a total of 4 normal embryos.
Dr. G strongly recommended a single embryo transfer, which brought us relief as we were worried about the risks of multiples and he brought those up as concerns on his end as well.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Overall CCRM was very impressive. From the one-day work up to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. The only thing that was a little sketchy was the sperm deposit. After hearing the story from my husband I had to laugh because it sounds like something you would see in a spy movie. The lobby and the upstairs operating rooms were outstanding but when we went down to the lab area in the basement it was kind of scary. You would think somebody was going to murder you down there.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We had to do a lot of weekend blood draws. I hated those because of the staff at the clinic made me feel like they were just moving us through like cattle. But every time I worked with Dr. Barton specifically she talked to “US” and explained everything thoroughly even when I asked the same question three or four times
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica )
I loved my primary nurse Angelica. I wanted to be her friend at the end of our IVF journey I was very sad that I wasn’t going to get to talk to her on the phone every day anymore. I really hope that she is there when we go back to do our next cycle. As far as the rest of the nursing staff they all seemed very nice however whenever we came in to get my levels checked on Saturday and Sunday you could tell no one wanted to be there and we did not get very good treatment sometimes they just gave us a thumbs up and went on not even giving us our numerical results for the day.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We live six hours from our fertility clinic. I spoke to Dr. Barton a couple times on the phone before I finally got to meet her in person. She was very confident and made me feel that we will be able to get pregnant. I liked that she would be able to answer my questions and reword the answer if I didn’t understand. I liked that she never hesitated in her plan and always reminded us of the final goal of making us parents. I was lucky enough to have her do my hyperscopy, my egg retrieval and my transfer. If I found out a friend of mine was starting in there infertility journey I would tell them to seek out Dr. Burton right away. She’s blunt enough to inform you of everything going on however has such a kind way of saying it. Ultimately I always just felt better after talking with her.
I would tell someone looking into Dr. Burton that they should just do what she says. I kept trying to curve her plan into my plan but ultimately I should just have listen to her and we wouldn’t of wasted two months. She really knows what she’s doing.
I’m sorry I’m not very good at remembering all the protocols dr. Burton used but I do know I was injecting Menipur and Gonal-F followed by a trigger shot. Before my egg retrieval for my fresh transfer. Then she had me on endometrium after transfer
We did a sperm analysis, a hypercopy, a HSG, blood tests, an IUI, egg retrieval and fresh transfer costing roughly $23,000 which includes anywhere from $6,000 to $8,000 in meds.
Dr. Burton didn’t seem too concerned about transferring multiple embryos we always planned on transferring to then we freaked out and transferred one at the last minute she did explain some risks of transferring more than one but ultimately she let us decide

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility [CCRM Colorado] is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.... I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Please be on time, because all your appointments will only have a 5 -10 minute wait max. The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.
I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her. She made herself available via telephone as well, and always returned calls the same day. Please note that all directives came from Dr. Schoolcraft, but Michele was the person who would provide all the information from the Doctor. My verbal communication with Dr. Schoolcraft was minimal, and only as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele Chase)
I provided a describe in a previous area.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Being that I live in Miami, and CCRM is located in Lone Tree, Colorado, my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure. It might be your actual doctor or another doctor. Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions. And it will not be sugar coated, but they will be the facts of your case.
Do not expect someone that is nurturing and warm. He is straight to the point, and he will answer all your question. Also, make sure that you have all your questions ready for him when you meet, because if you don't you might leave the meeting feeling like you do not know what to expect.
I cannot remember much. I think I have blocked some things out because my last embryo did not survive the thawing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Monitoring appointments are mostly scheduled in the morning because they need the get bloodwork back, early enough the same day, in order to provide you with instructions as to your next step, change in dose of medication, and potential retrieval day. Ultrasounds are also scheduled in the morning, because it makes no sense to come twice a day. Also, morning appointments give Dr. Schoolcraft the opportunity to review the ultrasound and bloodwork together for him to make a decision about your treatment progression.
One round of IVF was $24,000 not including medications.
In my case, I only had one embryo to transfer each time, so there was nothing to discuss.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Lots of patients, nice facilities, good locations. BUT they [CCRM] are all about keeping their success numbers high and making MONEY. If you don't fit their treatment profile or can't afford the procedures you can forget any help or compassion from the staff. Also, would not file claims with insurance--sent forms to me and made me do it. All other clinics I've been to at least did the filing with insurance, even if insurance declined to pay for some treatments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Lots of patients, nice facilities, good locations. BUT they are all about keeping their success numbers high and making MONEY. If you don't fit their treatment profile or can't afford the procedures you can forget any help or compassion from the staff. Also, would not file claims with insurance--sent forms to me and made me do it. All other clinics I've been to at least did the filing with insurance, even if insurance declined to pay for some treatments.
They only seemed interested in me if I fit their profile for successful IVF and could pay their outrageous fees. They were not very forthcoming with info--I had to ask multiple times to have test results sent--and did not always respond to emails.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Incredibly bossy and not very forthcoming with information. I had to ask for copies of test results several times and double check that correct ones were sent.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He was nice enough during testing but once my numbers revealed I wouldn't be a good candidate for IVF (and I was not inclined to use a Donor Egg ) he grew cold and no longer returned emails. He was compassionate when he revealed I had poor egg health but then immediately launched into Donor Egg and adoption without even giving the option of IVF, even if we knew it would be "throwing away" our money.
I assume he's great if you fit his profile for a successful IVF; otherwise, you will get no help from him. Look for someone else who is actually willing to treat you, regardless of whether it is good for THEIR numbers.
After being told IVF was not an option due to poor egg health, they then said I could do IUI if I wanted to pay. If my numbers aren't good enough for IVF, why would they be ok for IUI?! (Because they don't have to report IUI numbers to the CDC and are more than happy to take your money if there is no risk to their reputation.)
Louisville

Colleen [nurse at CCRM] was excellent and communicated very well. She also helped us with the cost of meds by giving us donated meds to help decrease medication cost...I enjoyed all the clinical staff. The nurses and embryologists were great. I felt comfortable with all procedures performed. The only thing I wish was better was the communication with the billing department. When I called and left a messaged I received an email saying she was too busy to return calls. I did however, get my questions answered.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Surrey was amazing. Very kindhearted and stated facts. He called after hours to congratulate us on our confirmed pregnancy. And also called after hours once we made it through 12 weeks gestation to wish us good luck on the rest of our journey. I cannot find words to describe how wonderful he is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Colleen Parente)
Colleen was excellent and communicated very well. She also helped us with the cost of meds by giving us donated meds to help decrease medication cost.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He made sure he explained everything thoroughly and even told us “I’m going to always be completely honest” and we appreciated that. I would recommend him to anyone and already have. Unfortunately we had a failed IVF attempt from a previous doctor, so Surrey was the second RE we saw. After the testing phase, he gave us his recommendations to peruse a treatment cycle and selected the best “protocol” for me. Care was definitely individualized and he suggested a few extra steps to increase our chances of having successful embryo growth. We have 6 more embryos frozen at CCRM and plan to use Dr Surrey again in the near future for frozen embryo transfer.
Dr. Surrey is very honest and will tell you his professional opinion. He is very caring and compassionate and is one of the kindest doctors I’ve had a chance to work with.
Protocol to increase number to eggs-decreased egg reserve; Endometrial biopsy prior to egg retrieval to use tissue in culture medium that embryos were going to be placed. This will help stimulate a natural environment in hopes that we will have successful embryo development (We uSed a different doctor for first treatment cycle which resulted in 0 embryo development)
Cost was more then previous RE doctor, but worth it.
We had several “A” quality embryos. Dr. surrey recommended single embryo transfer. My husband and I elected to transfer 2 embryos just in case. We are currently due in 6 weeks with one baby.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Overall, I felt like a number to this clinic [CCRM]. I literally went there every week for 6 months and the same 3 people at the front desk did not know who I was. I didn't think they were compassionate towards people struggling with infertility. Also, there was one time that the phlebotomist tried to talk to me about my insurance and got my hopes up for something, but the front desk agreed with me that the phlebotomist was wrong. It was really hard to get my hopes up that there would be some coverage, and then have them torn away.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall, I felt like a number to this clinic. I literally went there every week for 6 months and the same 3 people at the front desk did not know who I was. I didn't think they were compassionate towards people struggling with infertility. Also, there was one time that the phlebotomist tried to talk to me about my insurance and got my hopes up for something, but the front desk agreed with me that the phlebotomist was wrong. It was really hard to get my hopes up that there would be some coverage, and then have them torn away.
I only spoke with Dr. Surrey 3 times. Once at our first appointment, once at a follow up, after the 4 failed IUIs, and once during a hysteroscopy. I did not feel like he saw me as a number, it was more the overall of the office. They didn't even know my name and I had been there at least once a week for 6 months...
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Colleen)
Colleen was informative, and gave information when asked. For the most part, she brushed over things and said "This is how we do things". I did like Colleen, but don't know that she really listened and understood me.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
When we met with Dr. Surrey, he was polite and informative. He didn't go over a ton of detail, but answered questions when they had them. I would say, I wish he would have given me more information up front about a lot of things.
Make sure to do your research and come with questions, especially if you like to be told as much information as possible.
We did 1 IUI with 50 mg of clomid, 1 with 100mg of clomid, and 2 with 75mg of letrozole. We switched to letrozole when my lining thinned out from the clomid.
Each IUI was about $1400 including all meds, since we were 100% out of pocket. The testing on the One Day Workup got kicked back with my deductible, so we are still receiving random bills... I haven't been back to them since December.

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Billing at CCRM is a veritable nightmare. Phone calls are rarely returned without persistence, the same holds true for email. I also had a nurse to be able to call a prescription in timely to my mail order clinic, but we resolved it without me missing my cycle thankfully. The phone systems were down over the holidays in 2016, at a critical day and my cycle.... think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost,
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost, followed by the fact that you cannot switch doctors if you’re unhappy. I think that’s ludicrous. They made a one time exception for me because I came back for a different procedure – IVF, and told them I wasn’t coming unless I could have a doctor other than Kondapali. They gave me Dr. Schoolcraft as I requested.
I rarely spoke to my doctor. She seemed uninterested in trying anything with me other than the repeated suggestion I move to IVF, which I could not afford at the tome
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember name)
The nurses often had to go back to the doctor to get answers to questions. This was a different experience to the one I’m having now with Dr. Schoolcraft Nurse Ellie who is able to answer almost all of my questions. Whenever I would get upset, because a cycle failed or just the Billing stress got to me, I would shed tears. Twice the nurses suggested I “speak to the psychologist”, which of course, comes with a hefty fee of over $200 I believe.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false, like that of a cheerleader in a movie. When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling. Her only suggestion was that I moved to IVF. She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experience than her who was willing to give it at least a year, given the fact that he had had women my age become pregnant. I believe Dr Kondapali was more concerned with her statistics and bringing in the IVF Revenue than actually helping me have a baby within the limits I was faced with the financially and age wise.
Do not go looking to her for compassion. Also, make sure you’re well educated on the process because the nurses are not always equal in their knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr. Schoolcraft, because Ellie, his nurse is extremely knowledgeable, and serves as an excellent substitute when he’s not directly available for questions.
Dr Kondapali let me do one natural cycle at my request. The second cycle, we tried a relatively low dose of Clomid 50mg and one or two Menopur injections for boosting. After that, we moved to Femara 10mg ( I reported side effects from Clomid) plus Menopur 150. When that didn’t work, I believe we increased to 300. That was for two additional cycles. After that, I switched clinics when she broke the news to me that she would only do six medicated cycles with me and that no one else in the practice would touch me either for more than that.
Since this was covered under insurance, it’s hard to estimate what my out-of-pocket actually was, because they are still processing claims that are over a year old! The billing process was terrible. The cost of my IVF procedure I estimate at about $40,000 including additional diagnostics and medication above the cost of the procedure.
I am at the beginning stages of IVF so I cannot answer this as of yet

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
CCRM's strengths: Knowledgeable doctors, fabulous lab, central location, well-educated staff, and they get results. Weaknesses: Their business office... their business office made everything so painful. Their billing statements and amounts were often incorrect, it was impossible to get anyone on the phone and on the rare occurrence someone was reached, it was hard to get an accurate answer...My nurse Kristi was amazing. She was on top of all the details, knew what my next steps were, and was fabulous about communicating everything. I would have been so lost without her help!
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM's strengths: Knowledgeable doctors, fabulous lab, central location, well-educated staff, and they get results. Weaknesses: Their business office. If CCRM didn't get results, I would not have done business with them because their business office made everything so painful. Their billing statements and amounts were often incorrect, it was impossible to get anyone on the phone and on the rare occurrence someone was reached, it was hard to get an accurate answer. I know I am not alone in issues with the billing department/business office. The other issue is that everything has to be sent via fax and there were a few times I was told that CCRM hadn't received info from my local monitoring clinic, when the local clinic had sent (and had proof) and CCRM later discovered it. This caused undue stress and made several local clinics cancel local monitoring for CCRM patients.
Dr. G was personable and available to answer any and all questions. During our interactions, he always acted like we were his main focus and never seemed rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is personable, kind, empathetic, caring, knowledgeable and a terrific doctor. He explained everything thoroughly, answered all questions and reassured us we were in good hands. He is the reason we chose CCRM.
Be upfront with your goals and any preconceived notions. Dr. G will help you understand if they are realistic but he will do so in a kind, compassionate manner.
At the age of 40, with PCOS, one ovary and very low egg response to three -four previous IVF attempts at a different clinic, Dr. G recommended donor eggs and ICSI. I also had to have a uterine fibroid removed prior to transfer, which was not previously diagnosed at the other clinic.
For all procedures, meds, two transfers and donor, the cost was around $40,000.
Dr. G helped us decide to transfer only one embryo based on my age and potential for risks.
Lone Tree

I'd definitely recommend for patients to go to the Louisville office [of CCRM] rather than Lone Tree. We had all of our regular appointments at Louisville and it was nice to get to know the staff. It was consistently the same team at the front desk, for blood draws, ultrasounds, and I was able to meet with Chris almost every time. We had to go to the Lonetree office for a few weekend Ultrasounds + labs, as well as the retrieval and transfer procedures and I could see how it could feel a bit more like a factory and less personal.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
If it's not too much trouble distance-wise, I'd definitely recommend for patients to go to the Louisville office rather than Lone Tree. We had all of our regular appointments at Louisville and it was nice to get to know the staff. It was consistently the same team at the front desk, for blood draws, ultrasounds, and I was able to meet with Chris almost every time. We had to go to the Lonetree office for a few weekend Ultrasounds + labs, as well as the retrieval and transfer procedures and I could see how it could feel a bit more like a factory and less personal.
The very first appointment we had with Dr. G started with us talking about our mutual home state of Florida, and how much we all loved Colorado, snow and skiing. It was nice to get to know him a little bit on a personal level before diving into our case. It also was very clear that he had spent some time reviewing our medical records that were transferred over to his office - he knew our history before we even walked in to his office. Every time he saw us, he knew who we were, gave us a warm smile and handshake, and brought up non-medical things we had chatted about at our previous visits.
Chris was very kind, compassionate, and was totally our cheerleader. She was very on top of our treatment cycles and also was very prompt at answering questions and calling with our lab results. We couldn't ask for a better nurse.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G somehow was both gentle and very honest when talking to us about our chances of success. We had the utmost faith in his abilities when treating us - we felt like he was extremely knowledgeable, experienced and a top caliber physician. Even if we didn't see him at one of the routine lab appointments, he still reviewed our results and gave notes to the nurse, which made it feel like he was there every single step of the way. In retrospect, the only thing that stood out as sort of challenging was us not fully knowing what would happen if things didn't go according to plan. To be totally fair - this was to keep us focused on the plan successfully working rather than potentially needlessly worrying. For example - When we were gearing up for the frozen transfer and selected the embryo to transfer, I asked what would happen if this one didn't take. He assured me that there was a plan B (and wouldn't reveal what it was), but wanted me to be focused on plan A succeeding.
Dr. G is very happy to answer questions and to meet with you. Take advantage of this.
OCP Antagonist protocol with the goal of fresh embryo transfer. We ended up just going through egg retrieval and not doing a fresh transfer since my estrogen levels were through the roof and I was at risk for OHSS. Protocol included ~2 weeks of birth control, followed by stim meds. Those were Menopur in the morning, Gonal F + dexamethasone at night. Then after 5 days I added in Cetrotide in the mornings for another 5 days. For the trigger I ended up not needing Lupron and just did an injection of HCG. I also was on antibiotics around time of egg retrieval. They retrieved 30 eggs, which was a great number. I was hoping for 20-25. About 15 of them fertilized (half with ICSI, half on their own) and 8 looked good by day 5 and went into the freezer. We then had to wait for me to start my period (took about ~12 days if I remember correctly), and on day 3 of my cycle i started birth control pills again for about ~2 weeks to kick off a Frozen Transfer cycle. This cycle started with estrogen patches (Vivelle) which i swapped out every other day. Then after about 10 days I started Endometrin (progesterone) vaginal suppositories 2x a day, Medrol, Estrace, Doxycycline and a intramuscular Progesterone in Oil injection every other day up til transfer (about 6 days of this regiment). We transferred 1 frozen embryo and continued on the patches, endometrin, estrace, and progesterone in oil. 10 days later I went in for a pregnancy blood test and found out that afternoon that we were pregnant. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and have just received instructions for weaning off the meds, and expect to be totally finished with them in about a week and a half.
Our fresh embryo transfer through Optum Parent Steps program (a program offered through our Insurance agency United Healthcare) cost about $14,000. Medications for the fresh transfer were about $3500. Our Frozen Embryo Transfer (also through Optum Parent Steps) cost $4500. Medications for the frozen transfer were about $600, and once I was pregnant the meds were another $1200 to last me through week 10 (at which time I weaned off).
Very strongly encouraged eSET. Said our chances of success was about 70% for SET due to my age (under 35) and the quality grade of our embryo (4AB), and that our risk of multiples was very high if we transferred 2 (like 60% chance of twins). He positioned it like "The ASRM guidelines recommend 1 embryo to transfer since you have a favorable prognosis, so we're going to transfer 1 embryo right?". I had considered transferring two because we were so desperate for a baby but I'm so so glad we followed the recommendation and transferred one.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
You don't always get to speak to your assigned nurse [at CCRM], but overall I've had a good experience with most of the nurses I've interacted with. I didn't run into any problems with communicating - everyone emails or calls back in a short amount of time. And for the most part, the nurses all have positive attitudes, which makes a huge difference given how difficult and emotional this process is...I think the initial testing was $4K; we spent around $5-6K on three IUIs. We spent about $50-60K for two rounds of IVF/ICSI/CCS and one FET (including medications).
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is one of the best in the business and is a well-oiled machine. I rarely feel like "just a number." This may be because I go to the Louisville clinic, which is smaller and less "fertility industrial complex" seeming than the Lone Tree office. This is the only clinic I've been to, so I don't have much to compare it to. However, based on things my friends have said about their experiences with other clinics, I think CCRM does a particularly good job of managing expectations. You will have to undergo all of their testing even if you've done some of it before. This is part of the well-oiled machine piece. And, they won't start treatment until all testing is done. This felt a little frustrating at first, but I respect that they want to be thorough before they decided on treatment options. The main issue I've had with the Louisville office is going in for blood draws. For example, I would call and let them know I needed my thyroid levels re-checked and schedule an appointment. When I got there, the phlebotomist was prepared to test for something other than my TSH. What was happening is that the receptionist just scheduled "blood draw" and then the nurses were guessing what I might need given my chart and calendar, and they didn't always guess right. Any time you get a blood draw, be sure to check the label that it's for the right thing! I know this issue has been brought up, but I'm still running into this problem. The best solution is to tell the receptionist to make a "phone note" about what the blood draw is for and then double-check the blood draw label when you go in.
Dr. G is a very nice man and a good doctor. He acknowledges the emotional piece of the process and has shared with us that he and his wife did IVF to conceive their first child. I still haven't felt an amazing rapport with him, but that's partly because most of our interactions at CCRM are with the nurses, not the doctor. UPDATE: Since doing two egg retrievals and one (successful) FET with Dr. G, I began to feel more of a rapport. You see the doctor more often during the IVF process and he calls personally with results of CCS testing. I found him to be empathetic and caring during the IVF process.
I love our nurse Chris! She is peppy, kind, and genuine. You don't always get to speak to your assigned nurse, but overall I've had a good experience with most of the nurses I've interacted with. I didn't run into any problems with communicating - everyone emails or calls back in a short amount of time. And for the most part, the nurses all have positive attitudes, which makes a huge difference given how difficult and emotional this process is.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is young-ish (I'd say early 40s). He is a nice man and clearly strives to be compassionate towards his patients. He is very knowledgeable and I rarely felt that a question I had that wasn't answered to my satisfaction. He goes into each consultation with lots of information, so usually most of my questions were answered by his initial spiel. We picked him because we wanted to go with CCRM and heard that he had a better bedside manner than Schoolcraft or Surrey. Overall, I'm happy with our choice.
This may sound a little strange, but come armed with some ice-breaker small talk before your initial consultation appointment. The first time we met with him, he tried to ask us questions to break the ice, but we were so tired, overwhelmed, and nervous that his attempt fell flat as a pancake. He clearly really wants to connect with his patients and make sure their experience is pleasant, but he's not a super gregarious guy. We like him, but have never felt a great rapport and I wonder if we would feel differently if we had been able to make a personal connection during this first visit. Also - this is true of all CCRM doctors - but you won't see him much. But, if you have questions, he's very good about responding to emails. He's responded to all of my email questions within 24 hours.
I have unexplained infertility, with the only known issue is a short luteal phase. We started out with Clomid + IUI (including HCG trigger shot and progesterone support). He explained that Clomid works better than Femara for short luteal phase. He gave us a 40% chance that IUI would work over the course of 3 cycles. We never had a positive pregnancy test from the IUIs. We then moved on to IVF. He recommended ICSI to give us the best odds of fertilization (since we've never had a positive pregnancy test and don't know where the problem is occurring). He also recommended CCS testing followed by an FET given my age (38) and to give us the best odds of a pregnancy the first time around. He predicted that one cycle of IVF would yield 6 embryos, 3 of which would be CCS normal. Our first egg retrieval, we did estrogen priming with Protocol 3 and a lupron trigger shot. We ended up with 14 eggs, 9 mature, 6 fertilized, 3 blastocysts, and one CCS normal. In our regroup, he explained that he was surprised by our results, but suspected that it was probably a pattern that it explained why I hadn't gotten pregnant naturally. It took a year's worth of eggs in perfect laboratory conditions to get one viable embryo. We decided to do a second IVF cycle to bank more embryos, because ideally we want two children. He switched the protocol for this next one in the hopes of getting more eggs/embryos, and noted that this part of the process was more art than science. We did testosterone priming and microdose lupron flare (protocol 6). This cycle was much more exciting and dramatic! At my first follicle check, one follicle had shot way ahead and was already over 20mm! After this, he told me to stop the microdose lupron and added ganorelix to keep me from ovulating. Ultimately, we let the lead follicle "go" and waited for the others to reach a good size. This time we did an HCG trigger shot, which I think helped a ton with egg maturity. We got 22 eggs, 13 mature, and 12 fertilized. 6 made it to blast this time, but, alas, only one was CCS normal. In some ways, the second retrieval seemed way more successful, but the ultimate result was the same as the first. This experience confirmed that there was definitely a pattern of something wrong with my eggs (or possibly the combination of my eggs and my husband's sperm). Even though it wasn't the result we wanted, I felt relieved to find out what was going on. Rather than bank more embryos, we moved on to an FET, which fortunately was successful on the first attempt! I don't think we did anything special - just the standard month of birth control pills, followed by estrogen patches, vaginal estrace, vaginal progesterone (endometrin), and progesterone in oil injections. The vaginal estrace was added once it was determined that my lining was borderline too thin. Those drugs continued until we started weaning after our 8.5 week ultrasound.
Dr. G recommended single embryo transfer because we will be doing CCS. He said the odds of a pregnancy after transferring one chromosomally normal embryo would be 65-70%. If we were to transfer two, our odds would go up to 80%, but the risk of twins would be 60%. We were concerned about the risk of twins (and preferred to use our only 2 embryos to try for two, non-twin siblings) so we went forward with the eSET, which was successful.

5 IVF, Surrogacy
Strength: CCRM's reputation for success was lofty, but they actually exceeded our expectations. They were able to create an environment that is professional, thorough, thoughtful, hopeful, and ultimately, human. They empowered us by educating us from the moment we arrived (literally, we were in a class to understand A.R.T., meet the nurses, and meet the embryologist). They were invested in our understanding of why this was happening to us and how they could help. Finally, there wasn't one person that we met who wasn't really good at their jobs. Weaknesses: As a couple from Chicago, the only weakness from our perspective was geography. We understand how fortunate we are to be able afford the expenses of being treated in Colorado, but felt overwhelmed thinking about those that can not.
5 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft spent the time to give us his honest assessment of our realistic chances of having our own child, no matter the method. While we had experience with other reproductive endocrinologists that were empathetic, informative, and ultimately unsuccessful, we appreciated the blunt approach taken by Dr. Schoolcraft. He didn't tell us what we wanted to hear so that we would spend more time and money with him. He gave us hope, which is a dangerous thing to give to a couple in our situation. If mishandled, it could have only prolonged our torment. Instead, he approached our dilemma with professionalism and honesty. Looking back, it was exactly what we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Boland)
Katie is a remarkable professional and human being. Under the circumstances, she was exactly the type of personality that we needed throughout the process. She was so impressively organized that we always felt like we were her only patients. Every step of the way, we knew that we were in good hands.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As mentioned in previous answer, Dr. Schoolcraft takes a no-nonsense approach to treatment. Brutal honesty was welcomed by us. He answered every question we had every step of the way. Most of our procedures were actually performed by Dr. Surrey, who we could not recommend highly enough as well.
Expect the blunt truth. Be thoroughly prepared when you get a private meeting with Dr. Schoolcraft as his time is limited.
Dr. Schoolcraft explained thoroughly the risks of a multiple embryo transfer and long-term benefit of eSET. After careful consideration of his recommendation and collaboration with our GC, we were comfortable with his preference for eSET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The billing and back office [at CCRM] is horrendous. If it weren't for my near constant follow up, I don't think we would of been paid back or gotten proper claims to insurance. ...The entire nursing staff at CCRM, including lab people are awesome - and really what make CCRM. You will rarely if ever talk to your doctor, and don't expect them to be the one to do your procedures as they rotate through. However, each and every nurse or lab were awesome to be with.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing and back office is horrendous. If it weren't for my near constant follow up, I don't think we would of been paid back or gotten proper claims to insurance. Furthermore, check your insurance policy - CCRM has a "policy" to require prepayment, or what they think your co-pay amount is (even if you've met your deductible and out of pocket max) and in same cases is outside of their contract with the insurance company. Causes a lot of additional work when you're already dealing with the emotional side of getting pregnant.
Dr Barton takes the time to answer your questions, I never once felt rushed when I was meeting with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie)
The entire nursing staff at CCRM, including lab people are awesome - and really what make CCRM. You will rarely if ever talk to your doctor, and don't expect them to be the one to do your procedures as they rotate through. However, each and every nurse or lab were awesome to be with. After seeing them day after day during stims you start to build a great relationship.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I came to Dr Barton and CCRM after failed IUI's and feeling less than important at another local Denver clinic. I don't think we were a typically challenging case for CCRM, but Dr Barton took the time to review our options and discuss our diagnosis with us. I was lucky enough that I had Dr Barton on the day of transfer and she made me feel at ease and explained what was occurring.
Even though she hasn't been at the clinic a long time, give her the chance to be your doctor. There is a reason she's at one of the best clinics in the US and is easy to get appointments with!
Was on CCRM protocol 3 (no BC, primed with cetrotide). Had a diagnosis of DOR, so drugs were increased over the stim period as expected. Husband has a small morphology problem so we did ICSI and IMFI. Resulted in 5 embroyo's, and currently 28 weeks with twin girls.
With medication, and procedures (including one day workup), we spent just under $35K for one IVF cycle. We are local and did not have added travel costs with that.
Denver

When you factor in what other clinics charge for IVF, CCRM is quite expensive. But looking at biopsy and ccs testing and the first FET being included it's combrabile (~$23000). Their FETs are very expensive at ~$6000...Strengths are the providers/lab. Weakness is the business office...I was assigned a primary nurse but have rarely ever seen her, talked to her, gotten results from her. I've most often seen Caroline. She 'spilled the beans' about the gender of our first embryo transfer. Any time I get results it seems like it's a different nurse calling me. I purposefully let it go to voicemail every time especially with sensitive information because I don't find them very compassionate/sympathetic.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths are the providers/lab. Weakness is the business office
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
I was assigned a primary nurse but have rarely ever seen her, talked to her, gotten results from her. I've most often seen Caroline. She 'spilled the beans' about the gender of our first embryo transfer. Any time I get results it seems like it's a different nurse calling me. I purposefully let it go to voicemail every time especially with sensitive information because I don't find them very compassionate/sympathetic. They're just reading of the results and rarely seem to have looked back to have a reference point.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson I think can relate to his parents on a personal level having been through IVF himself. He is kind and mindful of how emotionally, financially and physically taxing this experience can be without sugar-coating or seeing unreal expectations. I appreciate that he told us he'd "tell us when to get off the roller coaster". As a health care professional myself I know there are no guarantees in this process. And while we haven't reached the outcome we're hoping for yet he has made this process so much better than our previous experience when of we don't see or talk to him directly that often. He has been open to our questions and concerns and been open himself about changes to our game plan. He wants the best for each of his patients and knows that sometimes the best thing is moving on.
Know that if he is telling you it's time to move on he has exhausted all of his resources/knowledge to help you. I truly believe that he is not concerned about his 'numbers' but about the well being of his patients.
Gonal-f, menopur, omnitrope, lupron, dexamethasone, hcg, cetrotide
They almost always do ccs treating and single embryo treating. We were in full agreement has we had miscarried chromosomally abnormal embryos prior.

2013 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
CCRM Louisville is a smaller more personable clinic than the other locations....However altogether I was very pleased with how we were treated and the company was ran as a whole...We had a pretty good experience with the nursing staff, no real issues...I know there are a few different Dr's to chose from within CCRM but I would definitely recommend using Dr. Gustofson...[Cost Of Treatment] 17k ish
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Louisville is a smaller more personable clinic than the other locations. We had to go to the other 2 locations for different procedures and it was a bit of a difference and I could see how people could feel not as appreciated at those locations. However altogether I was very pleased with how we were treated and the company was ran as a whole.
Dr. Gustofson was amazing to work with during this difficult part of our lives. He took the time to sit down and go over our options and get to know us. He is a genuine human being and you could tell he was actually interested in getting to know us and our situation.
We had a pretty good experience with the nursing staff, no real issues.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was very thorough when it came to our treatment options. He is very genuine and personable and helped make this difficult process a lot easier on us. We ended up going back to see him to get pregnant with baby number 2 and would definitely recommend him to others.
I know there are a few different Dr's to chose from within CCRM but I would definitely recommend using Dr. Gustofson. He will explain everything fully and is open to any questions.
For the first pregnancy, we did 8 cycles of clomid and letrozole and 4 of those were IUI's the 4th one took. I only ovulate on one side because of my uterine malformation that's why there were cycles without an IUI. For the second pregnancy all it took was 1 cycle of Letrozole and 1 IUI and it took. We now have 2 beautiful babies thanks to the help of Dr. G and CCRM.
17k ish

Other, Unexplained
Katie was nice and helped me through the steps. She returned calls and answered questions. I felt like she could have been a bit more friendly or involved, but I know she also has a lot of patients, so it's very hard. There was some issue early on in my treatment. I had a Nurse (Kim) who was nice enough. She ended up leaving though and while I was notified she left, I was never notified of who my nurse was going to be. There was never an appt. set up so I could meet my new nurse or anything like that. I felt lost for a little while which was not a fun feeling.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a large clinic. That is a strength and may be seen as a weakness to some. You are not going to get a ton of 1:1 time with your doctor. And there may be times you have to remind your doctor or nurse of something. You need to be your own advocate and ask a lot of questions and point out anything that seems weird to you. But, they are among the best in this field and they always made me feel comfortable. The nurses and front-desk staff are so nice and friendly. I went to the Rose location in Denver and the woman (Ruby) who took my blood was phenomenal. She rarely left a mark, was always super quick, but most important was so nice. Her smile was the best in the middle of this terrible infertility journey. As long as you know what you are getting into with a large clinic, I think it's a fantastic place to be treated. I would never hesitate to recommend it to anyone needing treatment. And honestly, with how large it is, I think it would be possible for them to be WAY more impersonal than they are. They did a great job of making me feel valued and important when I was talking to someone.
I recognize that Dr. Surrey wouldn't know my details if we ran into each other on the street, but every time he talked to my husband and myself it felt like he was talking directly to us and our situation. I didn't feel like he was giving us canned responses or recommendations. In addition, when we went through an ectopic pregnancy, he treated us with compassion and understanding. Like he truly cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. To some degree I think he took a bit for granted that my husband and I knew or understood more than we did at times, but if we asked him to slow down or asked questions, he was quick to adjust. Again, I knew that Eric Surrey didn't know me personally, but when we were meeting with him, it felt like we were the patients that mattered and that he was well versed in our specific situations. In terms of my expectations around meeting with a doctor at a large clinic, Dr. Surrey exceeded them in every way.
Write down questions ahead of time or as you are given explanations and don't be afraid to ask them. There's no reason to leave an appt. with Dr. Surrey unclear about next steps or anything he said.
For IUIs, I believe the drug protocol was Letrozole + Trigger Shot + Progesterone suppositories. He preferred letrozole to Clomid because I had been on Clomid prior to the IUIs and did not see success. For the Egg Retrieval, I struggle to remember the exact drugs I took, but it was a fairly standard starting point...I don't think anything was specifically custom to my situation, since we were unexplained. For the Transfer, I started with a bit of birth control. I then moved onto using a steroid pill of some sort I think. For the bulk of it, I was on Progesterone Suppositories (twice a day), Estrogen Patches (worked up to 4 patches every other day), and Progesterone In oil injections (0.5 units) every other day. After labs were drawn at some point, they decided to increase the PIO injection to 1 unit every other day, and add in estrogen pills.
It was a lot. CCRM is expensive and everything was out of pocket. I honestly have no idea what the total was.
Dr. Surrey recommended a single embryo transfer given our age and the unexplained nature of our infertility. I appreciated his candor and recommendation, and that's what we went with.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Staff at the clinic were all generally very helpful and professional. They were also prompt in returning calls and very pleasant when there for tests, etc. The clinic itself is clean, quiet and comfortable...There were times when it seemed like we got different information from different people at the clinic. For example, I would be told that I needed blood work but then when I would come in blood work would not be part of my tests that day. Or other times the blood work orders were not complete. It was good that I knew what I had been told because I was able to question them and things were fixed promptly when needed. This may have been because we would sometimes see different nurses who were not as familiar with our care. People were always quick to fix issues and always double checked anything I was concerned about.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G was very personable. My husband and I appreciated that he fully and clearly explained each stage in the process and what our fertility issues were. He asked us to consider difficult questions and gave us the time to do so recognizing that we would need time to think carefully about the options he was putting forth and what they could mean for us. He was also very encouraging and even phoned us to congratulate us personally when we had success.
We did not always see Annalise although that is who we were assigned to. In fact it was another nurse, Melissa, who did my IUI and I often received calls from other nurses regarding test results. Annalise was very kind and helpful when we did meet with her. Melissa was also extremely professional and had a great sense of humor which helped me to feel comfortable when undergoing the IUI.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very personable and manages to balance a difficult topic with grace and humor. He helped us to feel very at ease throughout our treatment. Although he would write things out while talking to us about them we would still sometimes feel a little overwhelmed at the sheer amount of information. He also at times covered things very quickly. However we always felt that we had time to ask questions or clarify anything we might be confused about. We always felt like we were the patients he was focused on in that moment - it never seemed like we were rushed during our consults with him.
Be prepared for a lot of information and to ask questions and not be afraid to clarify when you need to. He's open to it.
We had to adjust out diet to take out caffeine completely and avoid alcohol. I was also put on levothyroxine to manage my TSH levels. Once we did the cycle I had to take clomid for several days and then took estrogen and progesterone supplements as well.
Much of our treatment was covered, but we probably paid about $2000 out of pocket for the various tests and treatments that we had.
Louisville

The business office [at CCRM] is TERRIBLE - they didn't even respond to some of my messages. Yet when my payment was due to them they hounded me repeatedly. When the way they run payments triggered holds from my bank, they insisted I keep calling back (three calls each to the bank and then CCRM) immediately when I was due in a meeting or else they'd cancel my cycle. They also do not make clear up front that as a long distance patient you're still paying full price for the cycle including all monitoring appointments at CCRM even though you're not doing them there because you have to have a local clinic perform those tasks (and pay f
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM's reputation for success is high, but you definitely feel the impersonality inherent there. The doctors themselves are probably the high point but with a few exceptions I was disappointed in the vibe/process. One important note - you basically cannot reach a human being by phone when you call (you reach a phone tree) unless you would lie and state you're a medical provider, or if you had an emergency. I did neither of those so I was constantly leaving messages and the having to take calls at inconvenient times (whenever CCRM got back to me). Also it is SO expensive compared to other clinics, and CCRM doesn't provide the same level of assisting with discount programs as did other clinics I've worked with. The business office is TERRIBLE - they didn't even respond to some of my messages. Yet when my payment was due to them they hounded me repeatedly. When the way they run payments triggered holds from my bank, they insisted I keep calling back (three calls each to the bank and then CCRM) immediately when I was due in a meeting or else they'd cancel my cycle. They also do not make clear up front that as a long distance patient you're still paying full price for the cycle including all monitoring appointments at CCRM even though you're not doing them there because you have to have a local clinic perform those tasks (and pay for them separately). I also am due a refund from my cycle since we didn't have any embryos to test for genetic abnormalities and I have not heard from them. I have not yet followed up but am frankly expecting them to fight to keep our money due to some fine print I might have missed based on my experience to date.
Dr. Gustofson had a good bedside manner, but CCRM is a pretty heartless machine where you feel nearly every interaction is impersonal except for with the actual doctor(s).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole was generally supportive but always sounds in a rush because she's such a fast/perky talker. At times when other nurses called they were super short and one even got huffy with me when I needed her to repeat something because it was so much information. So much is provided in a binder or on the web for an out-of-town patient and you're generally left to call with questions instead of being walked through things - with the exception of dosages, which the nurses are proactive about providing.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson provided the reality of my chances, but did so in a friendly and professional manner. It was fairly blunt and stark in a way, but mainly because he was sharing less-than-promising chances based on test results. His manner of speaking was appropriately kind. I definitely got the impression Dr. G (and CCRM) believe in the school of thought of being up front with the worst-case scenario, versus being overly encouraging.
Consider being a patient at his other office in northwest Denver, versus Lone Tree where you feel like a number.
We spent a month "priming" with a lot of supplements geared towards my likelihood of being a "poor responder." Toward the end I had three days of Ganirelix. Then when I got my period, we started the stim cycle with the various oral and injected medications, leading to retrieval. I had five egg sacs but only two matured - they were both large enough for retrieval and the others weren't. Of the two retrieved, only one matured enough for fertilization, and it didn't fertilize.
$25k plus $8k for medication

4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
This clinic [CCRM] is extremely well organized. You do kind of feel like just a number at times because it is like a factor - HOWEVER, my doctor and nurse have not given off this feeling. The location is very easy to find and everything is in ONE building which is great for the embryos. The weaknesses include the higher price and the fact that there lab only takes one insurance. I have to pay everything out of pocket and it is getting very expensive.
4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is extremely well organized. You do kind of feel like just a number at times because it is like a factor - HOWEVER, my doctor and nurse have not given off this feeling. The location is very easy to find and everything is in ONE building which is great for the embryos. The weaknesses include the higher price and the fact that there lab only takes one insurance. I have to pay everything out of pocket and it is getting very expensive.
He is very attentive and answers all questions. I have also been in contact with my nurse who contacts him and gets answers very quickly. He also manages all of his own patients even though he is in a large group of physicians.
I absolutely love my nurse. She is totally on top of it and always returns my phone calls the day of. She has also explained the protocols to me and the thinking behind meds etc. If she is every unsure of something, she contacts DR Surrey and gets me a definite answer. She is really a great nurse.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He reviewed my previous IVF cycle and tried to make it better for my second try. We are currently doing a third IVF and he has completely changed the protocol which is good. I am hoping for better results. He has always been very friendly and has a great sense of humor.
He is very direct and sure of what he wants to proceed with and that is something that I appreciate. On the other hand, he is also open to suggestions in the protocol and always listened to what I had to say.
The first IVF cycle with him was my second overall. I was on a normal responder protocol with suppression using birth control pills for one month, followed by stims (Gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone and cetrotide) I had a double trigger with that cycle. We retrieved 9 eggs, 4 mature, 2 blasts, one normal per testing. My first cycle we had 12 eggs, 4 mature and non were normal....so the second cycle was an improvement. I am about to undergo my third retrieval in 3-4 weeks.
Initial work up is around 4,000-5,000 dollars 23,000 for first IVF cycle - includes PGS testing 15,000 for second IVF cycle - includes PGS testing
I have not transferred yet.

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic staff [at CCRM] for the most part is really good at what they do and very friendly and compassionate. I only had a few nurses that I didn't love, but for the most part everyone is amazing. They really make sure that you are fully informed every step of the way. We had appt's almost every day during our mock cycles and Stims and the sonographers always communicate what they see and you always sit down with a nurse after blood work and ultrasound to discuss results and next options which we appreciated not having to wait for phone calls. Our doctor always followed up with us personally and did all of our procedures which we appreciated also. The facilities are clean and well kept, warm and inviting.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic staff for the most part is really good at what they do and very friendly and compassionate. I only had a few nurses that I didn't love, but for the most part everyone is amazing. They really make sure that you are fully informed every step of the way. We had appt's almost every day during our mock cycles and Stims and the sonographers always communicate what they see and you always sit down with a nurse after blood work and ultrasound to discuss results and next options which we appreciated not having to wait for phone calls. Our doctor always followed up with us personally and did all of our procedures which we appreciated also. The facilities are clean and well kept, warm and inviting.
Dr G has always called my husband and I personally with our results after egg retrieval, transfer, and he called us daily to check up after our surrogate was forced to terminate twins due to a cesarean scar implant. He has amazing bed side manner and went above and beyond with us.
We have many friends that have gone to CCRM and loved the nurses. We got bounced around a little due to starting out ttc with me carrying and switching to a GC.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We have been patients since 2014 when we saw one of his competitors who we didn't feel had the bed side manner for us or our journey. I have secondary infertility, recently married, and my husband has never had a child of his own. Dr G took the time to get to know us and our situation and recognized the importance of us having a baby. He performed corrective surgery and gave me every chance to carry before we decided it would be best to use a gestational carrier. Our egg retrieval and transfer were successful and we would be due with twins October 4,2017 had one not implanted in our gc's c scar. Dr G has personally contacted us through every important step to give us results himself. We are continuing our journey with him and have 3 remaining embryos.
Be honest with him about your goals and he will be compassionate and help you through your journey
We started with corrective operative hysteroscopy in 2014 followed by 3 ock cyckes to see if my lining would thicken. The mock cycle protocols resulted in getting my lining thick enough but I had New scar tissue form inside the uterus which we mutually decide it was time to use a GC. Our Stims and egg retrieval went flawlessly and resulted in 13 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 8 made it for testing and 5 were genetically healthy. Our GC had some set backs, we could not complete her work up until she was 1 year PP, and had 2 periods after stopping nursing. She then had to lose enough weight to have a BMI of under 30 to proceed to FET protocol which also went flawlessly. Our transfer went off without a hitch, both embryos thawed perfectly and were hatching which resulted in a twin pregnancy.
For Stims and egg retrieval the cost was around $14,000 not including medication, and for our GC frozen transfer including her one day work up and testing was about $13,500.
CCRM in general is pro eSET and we chose to transfer two embryos only because we were using a gestational carrier and had already previously gone through ttc ourselves and our first GC backed out after medical clearance so the amount of time we had waited was worth taking the risk of twins to have a baby in the end which didn't work out for us. Dr G supported our decision but gave us all the information with the risks of multiple pregnancy and highly urged a eSET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
This place [CCRM] is amazing. Top notch, research facility, and highly regarded in the US for their field. My only negative is that they are very busy all the time so sometimes you have a little wait...CCRM is very expensive. The first day initial work up was around $5,000, then the upfront cost for egg retrieval and first transfer was about $15,000 and then optional (which we did) CCS (genetic testing) for up to 10 embryos was $8,000... spoke with Amy 90% of the time and another nurse only 10% of the time, which I like as Amy knew what was going on with me.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is amazing. Top notch, research facility, and highly regarded in the US for their field. My only negative is that they are very busy all the time so sometimes you have a little wait.
I have a very difficult diagnosis and Eric Surrey wanted to be the only Dr at CCRM to help us because it was so difficult. He has kept to that promise. He was excited and optimistic in the good times and compassionate in the hard times. He was also very honest in our chances and never gave us false hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I spoke with Amy 90% of the time and another nurse only 10% of the time, which I like as Amy knew what was going on with me. I spoke to Amy 2-3 times a week if not more. She was always informative and took the time to answer my millions of questions. She would also consult Dr. Surrey and get right back to me if needed.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
After having 3 local RE's tell us our only hope was donor eggs we went to CCRM. Eric Surrey was honest and upfront that our chances were slim but he was willing and able to help us at least try. We ended up getting 3 great embryos. Our first transfer failed and he was compassionate yet optimistic for the next one. Our second transfer took and he was so excited for us, unfortunately after we were released from CCRM we had a 2nd trimester miscarriage. In our talks with Dr. Surrey now he has come with great options to try again with either trying to transfer into me again or a gestational carrier. I have CCRM to thank for giving me even the option of using my own eggs. Every step of the way from the nurses, to the front desk ladies to the lab techs and everyone in the operation area, they are all top-notch professionals. I cannot recommend CCRM and Dr. Surrey enough. You are in gentle, caring, empathetic, professional hands with them.
CCRM is expensive and the processing is daunting and scary. Trust them. They are a world class research facility in the top of their field, they won't steer you in the wrong direction. I would (and probably will) do it all again with them in a heartbeat.
I don't remember the specific type of protocol for my retrieval, but we did clomid, final-f, menopure, cetrotide, and triggered with Lupron. Dr Surrey went pretty aggressive as I only have one ovary and at 31 have poor quantity and quality eggs. We ended up with 3 great quality embryos to freeze out of the 7 they retrieved. It may sound like a small number but the percentages are amazing with what we were working with. Transfer we used birth control, lupron, endometrian, progesterone injections, vivelle estrogen patches and an oral estrogen. My lining did really well on this.
CCRM is very expensive. The first day initial work up was around $5,000, then the upfront cost for egg retrieval and first transfer was about $15,000 and then optional (which we did) CCS (genetic testing) for up to 10 embryos was $8,000. Medications were not included in this price which was about $6,000 for the retrieval and $1,500 for each transfer.
Dr Surrey only allowed us to do 1 embryo at a time as I only have half a uterus and the risk of twins was too risky. We did genetic testing and they really don't recommend transferring multiples when you know you have good embryos- we agree with their methods.
Lone Tree

They [CCRM] are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated...My trigger shot for the first IUI procedure was not called in timely. Also I had to go to both the lone tree location and denver location back to back to get labs done before starting treatment because they forgot to order all necessary tests...I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated.
Her "bedside manner" gave me the sense that she truly cared about our personal infertility journey, how it impacts us from a whole-person (not just physical) perspective, and that she wanted to see us succeed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case. However, Erica left CCRM during my treatment and I was reassigned. Some of the nurses made the IUI procedure more comfortable than others. I especially liked the nurse that used IUI with sonogram to help guide.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Based on a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, and a relatively good prognosis, we have not yet met very often with Dr Barton, but in our few interactions she seemed caring, determined to put us on a path towards live birth and seemed to handle my course of treatments through the 3 IUIs as I expected.
She makes me really comfortable discussing the tough topics related to infertility.
We did ovarian stimlation with clomid (100 mcg) for 3 cycles on cycle days 3-7. Beginning with Ultrasound to check for cysts prior to beginning medication each cycle. Follicle check ultrasounds on approx cycle day 10-12. Triggered ovulation with Ovidrel for IUI scheduled 36 hours after trigger. Semen collection was scheduled for 2 hours prior to IUI. When lining was less than 7mm at follicle check, vaginal Estrace was given to help with uterine lining, and continued until 2 weeks after ovulation. No pregancy was achieved through these 3 cycles.
Approximately $1,000 per IUI cycle including all medications (nothing covered by insurance). Diagnostic work and appointments with dr were also around $1,000.

3 IUI, IVF
My nurse [at CCRM - Denver]suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch...My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation...Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have no complaints. Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean.
I had my diagnosis of endometriosis prior to coming to CcRM. We tried 3 IUI's, all failed, and every time I ovulated too quickly. They didn't seem to try anything outside of their typical protocol and my 3rd iui was canceled due to missing ovulation. Now that we're moving on to IVF, I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be. My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation. Once, she told me 10 minutes of someone else's health issues before I realized she wasn't talking about me. We're local to CCRM and I've heard they're great so I'm trying to look past all of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Staff is great but my nurse has been difficult to work with. She's unorganized, usually uninformed and somewhat checked out. I've met other great nurses but haven't asked to be switched since I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm not sure what his strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers.
Ask any and all questions, be prepared, do research to be able to have questions.
1 iui with clomid and ovudril, switched to letrozole no trigger for last 2 IUI's. Clomid increased my cramping due to 4 follicles growing, letrozole gave me 1 follicle each time but sped up ovulation. Just received IVF protocol, priming with Doxycycline, cetrotide, estrogen patches. Stimming with cetrotide, gonal-f, menopur, and triggering with pregnyl and Lupron. No reasons were really given for any of them other than they should be successful.
So far we've spent about 15,000 in IUI's and testing. IVF with icsi will be 34,000.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
The nurses and doctor [CCRM Colorado] were amazing. Both kind and attentive however, the office staff made countless billing mistakes and never knew what or how to bill me which made me feel like a number.... They are compassionate, a leader in the field, and conveniently located which are all great strengths. However, the cost of treatment is one of the highest in the country and the billing office regularly over charges you. There is a lot of turn over in the office so you have to closely monitor what your paying for.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are compassionate, a leader in the field, and conveniently located which are all great strengths. However, the cost of treatment is one of the highest in the country and the billing office regularly over charges you. There is a lot of turn over in the office so you have to closely monitor what your paying for. An issue you shouldn’t have with such a high price point to begin with.
The nurses and doctor were amazing. Both kind and attentive however, the office staff made countless billing mistakes and never knew what or how to bill me which made me feel like a number.
We were assigned one nurse and an oncall nurse. Both were very friendly, knowledgeable and patient. They explained everything and never appeared to be rushed.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Barton is incredible. She was empathetic and honest. She cares for her patients and works hard to find answers. She calmed all my fears and worries. After our first visit she was confident we’d have a baby via IUI without much trouble but my number of previous miscarriages warned her so she ordered an extra test during work up. When the results came back instead of the nurse calling Doctor Barton personally called. I had a chromosome inversion which meant IVF was our only option. She educated, comforted, and motivated us. I would recommend her to anyone.
Trust her. She is the only one that found our inversion. She knows her stuff and truly wants what’s best for you.
We were gearing up for an iui and completed all of our testing. At the regroup she confirmed we had pcos and male factor infertility. She recommended waiting with an IUI as we still did not get the karyotype back yet but was confident that would be our next step. When we got the karyotype back i was diagnosed with an inversion and ivf with pgd was our only option. IUIs were covered by insurance ivf was not so we took time to pull finances together and wrap our head around the situation.
Our ivf protocol was quoted to be $33,000 before meds. Meds were quoted at $8-12000. The initial work up was roughly $2000 and the consult was $500. IUI was estimated around $1500 after insurance paid 50% and again that’s before meds.
Sara refuses to transfer more then 1 embryo. She said it is no longer common practice and that it was to dangerous for mom and babies to transfer 2. She said she’d happily let another doctor transfer 2 but she would not.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
I have nothing but great accolades for Morgan [nurse at CCRM- Lone Tree]. She is AMAZING!! Always responsive, knows her stuff, is always on top of things. If I am unable to reach her or she is out of the office, the nurse line is always available and very responsive as well. I absolutely loved my CCRM experience and was primarily due to her care...Provides on site acupuncture prior to transfer (very convenient)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Lone Tree has many great positives. 1) excellent location 2) plenty to do in the area 3) great lodging options at different price points 4) location is very clean and welcoming 5) plenty of shopping / restaurants in the area 6) location feels very serene and excellent place to have an embryo transferred 7) proximity to Denver and Boulder gives you plenty to do if you want to extend your stay into a mini trip. Especially recommend the Botanical Gardens, gives you a place to relax with nature. 8) Provides on site acupuncture prior to transfer (very convenient) 9) has child care options nearby 10) Denver airport is easy to get in/out of. 11) Has a small onsite cafe with plenty of options. I have no negatives here. If I really had to search for something negative to say, maybe they could have a nicer outdoor/patio garden/greenery area to hang out and it gets pretty hot in the hot summer months.
I felt human. Dr. Schoolcraft is there to do his job. He's not there to be your best friend or give your false hope. He simplifies the process, lays it all out and gives your his opinion. He is also human and can only do so much. I was pleased that he doesnt sugar coat anything, knows what he is doing and gave me confidence in being his patient that at all times I was in very capable care. His staff, especially nurse, Morgan is very much on top of things. Extremely responsive, caring and provides immediate feedback and ideas to assist during the process. I couldnt have asked for greater care besides the positive outcome that we had.
I have nothing but great accolades for Morgan. She is AMAZING!! Always responsive, knows her stuff, is always on top of things. If I am unable to reach her or she is out of the office, the nurse line is always available and very responsive as well. I absolutely loved my CCRM experience and was primarily due to her care.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is very capable in his field. I had unexplained infertility as well as a miscarriage. His plan of action seemed appropriate and addressed the issues I had. Although I have had symptoms of PCOS, I was never diagnosed with it. Dr. Schoolcraft cleared that issues and found that I did while all Drs through my adult life had missed it until age 36. He also recommended a D&C and after researching the procedure, I only felt comfortable for him to perform this procedure during retrieval vs. having another dr perform. I found him to completely competent and understanding. He never forced us to do anything that was outside our comfort zone and he recommended transfer of one singleton despite having a previous miscarriage. I feel his treatment was in my best interest from day 1.
We were not ones to have a ton of questions since we've been through it all. However, our communication with him was limited to our consultation. All other communication was done through our nurse out of personal preference. I felt that he was fully capable and if I had any concerns, nurse was competent and sought answers when needed. I would have all questions ready for consultation so that everything is crystal clear.
I dont remember the exact protocol, but I know he has a number of different protocols. The one he used was based on my previous history with other dr's while using clomid. his protocol worked for me. He also recommended a d&c since my lining was very thick and old. I have pcos so my body sheds less lining. I bumped my vitamin D intake and my husband took his vitamin cocktail. All worked out for us.
We paid for specific one day work items while on site and then paid lump sum for the "package". Have a nominal credit on file that will be used towards next years storage fees and additional FET.
Everyone told us that Schoolcraft typically transfers two however we didnt find that to be the case. Schoolcraft recommended one transfer based on our history and age. I think his recommendations is based on your overall situation and not something he just thinks "will work". He wanted a positive outcome but also less risk for both me and potential baby.
Lone Tree

The clinic [CCRM Colorado] is nice, large, and well organized.... They answered questions within 24 hours via the portal. I had several nurses that would respond which made it a little confusing. My preference is to have 1 main contact.... A big weakness in my opinion is you are forced to use their in-house lab. Although I initially thought this was a benefit, very few insurance companies are covered under their lab.... I remember a hefty consultation fee as well, it was significantly higher than most.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A big weakness in my opinion is you are forced to use their in-house lab. Although I initially thought this was a benefit, very few insurance companies are covered under their lab. We ended up paying far more than we needed to. The clinic is nice, large, and well organized.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human wi