Genetic counseling: Offered
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?

6.9

IVF, Donor Eggs
all the random questions I sent her [nurse at CCRM], she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations...I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a wonderful clinic that I would highly recommend. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe they are more expensive than others. That said, I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli knew us by name, even when she ran into us in the waiting room or hallway and we weren't scheduled to see her! She was always so supportive, personable (remembering small details about our life and situation), and overall did an excellent job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
Kristi was UNBELIEVABLY amazing. She was always quick to reply, gave me thorough answers, celebrated with me when things went well, and empathized when they didn't. Every time I got worried, she reassured me and made me feel better. And all the random questions I sent her, she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations. Beyond Kristi, Dale, Helen and the other nursing team were wonderful. They quickly replied if Kristi wasn't available and were always very knowledgeable and supportive.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very kind and warm, and considering the delicacy of the situation, always knew how to say the right thing. She never gave us false promise, but gave us enough hope with the actual facts based on our unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she is your lady!
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc. After that, the process was pretty "normal". Getting donor eggs, fertilizing, genetic testing (which CCRM highly advises and even though it adds about $6k more, makes sure you don't transfer an embryo that is defective or will miscarry), and then the transfer. I really feel that all of the tiny precautions and extra steps Dr. K and CCRM build into their process increase the chance for success, and give them credit for us successfully getting pregnant on our first transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
To get from zero to transfer, we spent about $55,000. This was all out of pocket! We lucked out that the medication was covered by insurance (but nothing else), and only had to spend about $1000 on that. I've heard it can be $5-10k if you pay in full.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
No comments, we had a pretty good chance of success and definitely did not want twins so very easily made the decision to opt for eSET.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

$30,495 (before insurance reimbursement): covers one cycle of IVF including PESA, ICSI and FET. Does not include pharmacy (medications) and some labs [at CCRM Colorado]...The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Results and communication. We were really impressed by how I responded to the protocol pretty much exactly as predicted, as did our eggs and embryos - it built a lot of trust in Dr. G, as well as the embryologists and other technicians. And we appreciated how every care provider proactively communicated with us (e.g., after every lab and before every procedure) and was willing to spend time to answer any and all questions. Administrative departments were also great, from scheduling to billing to sending paperwork. The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file. What you should know: As with any clinic and fertility treatment, be prepared to be more organized than anyone else involved in your care, and to press for clarification/correction whenever something doesn't match your understanding or simply doesn't feel right to you. These are caring professionals who share your goal of a successful pregnancy, and they have an impressive track record of making that happen. But they are still an imperfect operation, especially when it comes to coordinating the little details, so make sure to stay on top of those yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
While his bedside/consultation manner could feel a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various parts of our protocol (e.g., why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
The nurses and clinic staff were generally great to work with - but were also the source of our biggest frustrations in the process, as multiple times we received contradictory, incomplete, or simply incorrect information, which we only caught because we had our own detailed spreadsheet and calendar. A few examples: 1. I had to travel for work to Zika countries between retrieval and FET, and was instructed just to call on Cycle Day 1 after I was back in the country. However, as we found out later, the 2 months of Lupron Depot I had complete first could have been done while I was abroad, as the Zika waiting period is 8 weeks. When I did call on Cycle Day 1 upon my return, the nurses were about to start me on a standard pre-FET protocol (birth control, etc.) until I reminded them that Lupron Depot was part of my treatment. At that point it was already too late to order and administer the Lupron Depot during that cycle, so we were delayed by yet another month. 2. We were told at the outset to get male communicable disease testing "close to retrieval date" and had planned accordingly, only to be told 2 weeks prior to retrieval that his communicables were late and had to be done within 24 hours - a significant disruption to both our busy work schedules. 3. After one set of labs I was told that I would need to extend one medication that I'd already finished by an extra 1-2 days; my fertility pharmacy was not local and had already closed for the day. I ended up having to take half a day off work to get a refill from a local (but faraway) fertility pharmacy. 4. I received contradictory information from different sources in the clinic whenever my treatment deviated from the norm - such as the 2 months of Lupron Depot mentioned above, the dosage schedule for Crinone (what my insurance allowed) instead of Endometrin, and the date of my pregnancy test (calculated for July 4, but split into two tests on July 3 and 5 to accommodate the holiday). Overall, I got in the regular habit of asking "Could you please double-check that that's what Dr. G specified in my file? Because I heard something different the last time I called." All that being said, all the nurses and staff were friendly, efficient and responsive, and I did receive prompt calls with my lab results and regular nurse consultations to go over my treatment plan (where we caught a number of these ambiguities/errors).
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We can't argue with Dr. G's results: the protocol he designed resulted in 4 viable embryos (3 after CCS) on the first IVF attempt, and caused me minimal discomfort while on retrieval and transfer medications. While his bedside/consultation manner could seem a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various recommendations/requirements in our treatment. (For example, we wondered why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up, when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes. Dr. G. sighed and explained that Vitamin D had shown early promise as making a big difference, but now the pendulum was swinging back toward skepticism. In the meantime there was no evidence that boosting Vitamin D hurt IVF outcomes, so they continued to require &gt;30 while the research dust settled.) He also looked more thoroughly into Zika travel recommendations to help make some important international work trips possible before our IVF/retrieval and FET procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, especially if you've done your homework via sites like FertilityIQ and have your checklist of things you want to know. Dr. G may sometimes seem like he's trying to move things along quickly, but he means it when he says "do you have any other questions for me?" and will answer thoughtfully - or he'll check and get back to you within a day or so if he doesn't know the answer right away.
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Our profile: Male factor infertility (10+ year old vasectomy) Advanced age (male age 48, female age 40) Female history of large fibroid and asymptomatic endometriosis (removed by laparoscopic myomectomy & lasering 3 years before) This was our first time attempting to get pregnant. At Dr. G's recommendation, we decided to skip the low-probability steps of reversing a vasectomy, waiting for sperm counts to normalize, and trying naturally or with lighter assistance before advancing to IVF. (We also figured keeping the vasectomy in place was useful, as we only intend to have 1 child.) Retrieval/IVF protocol: Estrace (estrogen) Cetrotide (GnRH blocker) Menopur (FSH+LH) Gonal-F (Injectable FSH) Omnitrope (hGH) Trigger with Lupralide (GnRH agonist) Supported with doxycycline (antibiotic) and dexamethosone (corticosteroid) as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D Retrieval/IVF results: 15 eggs retrieved 13 fertilized via ICSI 8 survived to Day 3 4 survived to Day 5 3 tested as euploid (CCS) Transfer protocol: Lupron Depot (endometriosis & fibroid suppression, 2x monthly injection prior to Cycle Day 1) Birth control pill (cycle timing control) Estradiol patches Crinone (progesterone) Progesterone in Oil (progesterone) Supported by Medrol (steroid to prevent embryo rejection), doxycycline (antibiotic), and aspirin as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D FET results: Uterine lining and hormone levels (P4, E2, TSH, LH) all at desired levels at transfer Pregnancy and live birth TBD
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G strongly recommended eSET based on our profile (no history of miscarriage) and preference to have one child. During our first consultation he did write out the statistical rates of success and complication risk for single vs. multiple, and let us make the choice.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

They [CCRM] might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. ... I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. ... You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
They [CCRM Colorado- Denver] did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I love the Louisville location [of CCRM]. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring...All of the nurses and ultrasound technicians are wonderful. Our nurse has been great to work with and we spoke daily throughout this process. She later very easy to get a hold of and always patient and responsive with my questions
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I love the Louisville location. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring.
Dr. G is so kind and his demeanor makes me feel comfortable and at ease
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine G)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is great to work with and I’m so glad he’s our doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I trust his expertise. He is very responsive to communication. I’m glad to see him at the Louisville clinic, which in my experience is more welcoming and less intimidating than the huge Lone Tree clinic.
My stim protocol was 150 menopur + 300 follistim as well as daily Omnitrope (human growth hormone) for the first 5 days. I was also on a daily steroid and started Ganirelix on day 5 or 6 I think. Trigger shot was Pregnyl. I also was on 30 days of priming for the month prior to the injectibles. The priming included testosterone gel and patches, estrogen pills, and progesterone suppositories.
So far we have paid roughly 15k for surgery, procedure, IVF cycle #1 and meds. Our treatment is partially covered by insurance at this point but our insurance is limited to 25k lifetime max so if this process takes more than 2 cycles for us our expenses will contribute substantially.
Dr. G advised us on the risks of multiple embryo transfer and shared his opinion that a single embryo transfer was best. Our insurance only covers single embryo transfer so that makes it easy.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinic is super organized. I never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for an appointment, blood work, or ultrasound. I have never seen another clinic function as well as CCRM. Although I had to travel out of state, it was worth it to receive the care that I did...I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft and his team were super knowledgeable and encouraging during my IVF cycle. After 2 failed attempts at another clinic, I was very nervous about undergoing a 3rd round of IVF. CCRM helped me every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is so nice and caring! She answered all of my (many) questions quickly and simply. She is fantastic!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is amazing! He is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal. Because of the likelihood of me having twins due to my age (29), we transferred one healthy baby boy embryo. To my surprise, I became pregnant, and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with a healthy, growing baby. Dr. Schoolcraft was never surprised with any of my outcomes. He had faith and confidence from the beginning that I would be able to become pregnant using my own eggs. I am so grateful for his expertise, care, and guidance!
I would advise a prospective patient to fully let go and trust Dr. Schoolcraft. He knows what he is doing.
I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs. We retrieved 19 eggs, 17 were mature, 11 made it to freeze, and 8 came back chromosomally normal (PGS testing). I began taking Estrace 2 days after my LH surge, and I took 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Gonal-F, 200 mg of Clomid, and Dexamethasone every day. I stimmed for 10 days. I took Novarel and Lupron for my trigger shot.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly suggested that we only transfer one single embryo. We agreed that multiples was risky.
Lone Tree

The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total [at CCRM Colorado]. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit...The clinic is beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable. All of the staff is wonderful. I felt like they were always using the newest, best equipment, which made me feel very comfortable. The only weakness I would give CCRM would be their high prices, but I guess I can't fault them for charging higher prices than most since they provide such exemplary care. I have never recieved such wonderful healthcare.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton took the time to explain every detail of every procedure and every diagnosis with me. She also explained everything with care and empathy. I felt like I understood what was going on, which helped me feel empowered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
I worked with Becca before I got pregnant. She was kind, timely and very available. I felt completely comfortable speaking with her and trusted her to help me find solutions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We saw another RE before going to Dr. Barton at CCRM that ran some blood tests, led me through failed Clomid trials, and then wanted to start IVF treatments. Since we didn’t feel like the first RE was very through, and knowing that CCRM has the best IVF success rates, we decided to start over with CCRM. Dr. Barton began by running much more through tests and immediately found the issue – my uterus was filled with scar tissue from my c-section and therefore I couldn’t get pregnant. Dr. Barton performed a surgery to clear the scar tissue in their beautiful surgery center and I got pregnant naturally months later. We liked that we got to talk to her directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Don't go to anyone else first and waste your time - start with Dr. Barton. She is smart, kind, and capable and will help you achieve success.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I had a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue from my uterus. After the surgery I had a balloon in my uterus for a week to prevent reoccurring scar tissue. I was on estrogen for 30 days and progesterone for the last ten of that 30 day period following the surgery.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

The nurses were all very kind and the facility [CCRM Colorado] always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating...When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville (Avista) campus was good about communication, but we ran into more trouble with that from the Lone Tree campus, which can be frustrating as they are the only ones open on the weekends and the only surgery center. The nurses were all very kind and the facility always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating.
Face time with Dr. G has been very limited. He is kind and personable when we have spoken, but it always feels a little bit rushed and speaking to him directly (rather than a nurse) is rare. He does remember details about our lifestyle, where we live, etc.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very personable and has a good sense of humor (which we appreciate, but I could see being a deterrent for some folks). We just wished he had been a little bit more communicative in person. When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
He has a good reputation and seems very competent, but just be aware you might not have much face (or voice) time with him!
After all of the tests we were diagnosed with low sperm count/motility. I had to take injections of Menopur, Cetrotide and Gonal F (which all made me feel super bloated and crampy, although not as bad as I was expecting). I ended up having to take more doses than originally prescribed, which I didn't really understand the reasoning for. This part was a bit rough financially. The retrieval was done by another doctor (which just happens because they have to time it based on your hormone levels and who happens to be working what day). We had 21 eggs retrieved, 11 turned into embryos, and 3 mature enough to freeze. For some reason we didn't realize it could yield so little from so many eggs! We were also hoping for a fresh transfer, but apparently it was too dangerous given my hormone levels, so we will do the frozen transfer 2 months after the retrieval - which was also a much larger time window than we had expected/been told originally.
$2,800 for the package including first consultation, regroup, blood tests, testing $20,000 for IVF cycle Additional $3,000 for lab results that were sent out $6,000 for IVF medications
Dr. G really seems only open to single embryo transfer vs. multiple. After my own research that did seem like the safer way to go, but if we weren't trying to move the process along as quickly as we could I might have seeked out a second opinion.

Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
Lone Tree

The nurses [at CCRM Colorado] do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on...We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each...The biggest weakness of the clinic is their hours. They only take appointments until 3:15. This timing is difficult when you cannot preplan appointment because it is determined by your cycle and you are trying to work full time. Other than that the clinic was always nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It is hard to rate my doctor because the nurses are who you will work with the most. The two meetings I had with Dr. Gustofson were pleasant and he seemed to care about us as a patient. I am sure If I was doing IVF I would see him more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine W)
The nurses do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He went through all of the details of my treatment in ways that I could understand and did not seem like he was in a hurry when he was with me. I only met with him twice so far and he was very understanding and did not question me wanting to do the treatment while my husband is deployed.
I would recommend that you you are prepared for all of the appointments. Dr. Gustofson seems great.
For drugs, I just used clomid and the trigger shot. I was monitored by ultrasound for the size of my follicles. I responded well to the drugs so I did not have to change up my meds. I am on my 3rd IUI so hopefully it works.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each.

2017 - 2019
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
Denver

I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins
Lone Tree

My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
Lone Tree

The clinic [CCRM- Lone Tree] has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
I've met with Dr. Surrey once so far and that was for my initial consultation. The intake of questions were more thorough than my previous doctors. He had already gone through my intake and had questions from that. He had a genuine smile and showed empathy. My previous doctors I never felt that way. The Dr before Dr. Surrey was like a robot and showed no emotion at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewell)
I had a consult with Shawna on the day of my consult with Dr. Surrey. Even though I haven't had another appointment, I have communicated with Shawna and she is very helpful, forthcoming and empathetic. Her empathy and show of concern is a great comfort to me.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each of the doctors I have seen had a history intake of questions. Dr. Surrey's intake was more in depth. Just by looking at my intake, Dr. Surrey thinks I was misdiagnosed almost 5 years ago which ended our fertility journey then and then last year that all changed when I had my first pregnancy at 44 and miscarried 2 weeks later. I saw Dr. Surrey after this and I just didn't feel like a patient and he gave me my hope back of having a family.
Be transparent and don't be afraid of asking questions. I made the mistake of not having any questions ahead of time and even though I had done alot of reading, i still felt very new and uneducated, but that was my fault not the Dr or the Clinic.
We haven't had any treatment, but it is looking like IVF with PGS testing will be our only course of treatment. The antisperm antibodies makes it almost impossible of achieving a pregnancy naturally and with my age, PGS testing is crucial.
My insurance covers nothing for fertility assessment for me since I'm 45 and the cutoff is 44 or fertility treatment for any age. So everything we pay for is out of pocket. My 3 day hormone test was $555 for 4 hormones and the one day fertility assessment that includes the workup for my husband and I will be $3,000. We are currently saving for this workup. As I understand it, CCRM is one of the best and most expensive clinics there is. My husband is in a wheelchair so medical expenses are nothing new to us, so even though this will be very expensive for us, it's worth it.
I'm not sure what his approach is yet, we haven't got that far in my treatment

2013 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch [of CCRM] (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness.
2013 - 2019
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine is a world-renowned fertility clinic for a reason - they provide state-of-the-art treatments, innovative research, and techniques that give them higher success rates than many of their counterparts. The staff is well-trained and things are done very efficiently. However, this often creates a very sterile environment where you feel more like a cog in the wheel than a living, breathing human with a personal story. This is more evident in the extravagant Lonetree location than in smaller, homier Louisville. The other glaringly obvious issue is the business office. For such a larger, profitable organization, they are disorganized and often rude. One example of their ineptitude - they failed to inform us about the due date for a $30,000 payment and then insisted we find a way to pay it within 12 hours when we were on vacation in Italy. There mistake, but ours to fix. I was continually shocked at how many errors and inefficiencies we encountered and they were VERY frustrating given how much we were paying the clinic for our treatments.
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work. The impersonal interaction made me take a break from CCRM for several years. When we finally returned to the clinic, we had a conversation with Dr. G about our previous interaction and he immediately changed his tune. Since then, he has been friendly, personable and caring.
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness. She always went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and even stepped in to assist with a billing snafu when we were abroad. I felt I could always count on Kristi for anything, and that really put my mind at ease during such a trying, emotional time.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is in a tough spot - it requires him to be frank, but also compassionate. He does not ooze warmth and there are some patients (me included, at least initially) that require that when seeking fertility treatments. But he is honest and forthcoming and always has his patients best interests in mind. I felt like I was in capable hands when we proceeded with treatments.
Dr. G has your best interests in mind and will be truthful when it comes to your care, but he won't sugarcoat anything and won't be the person you lean on emotionally.
It has been 3 years since my last treatment with Dr. G, so I cannot remember specific medications or protocols. But Dr. G had a solid game plan, monitored me closely and always explained in detail if anything needed to change.
Donor IVF cycle (including donor meds and fees and my transfer) totaled approximately $44,000. Additional medications for me were about $4,000. Total for the entire procedure was $48,000.
Because I was otherwise very healthy and since our young donor produced an exceedingly high number of highly graded embryos, Dr. G was very clear about the fact that he would not transfer more than one. He explained that he was very confidant the treatment would be successful and explained the immense risks to me and the babies if I were to carry multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. ... My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. ... I love Angelica! [nurse] ... She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. ...
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. The packages are clearly spelled out and I haven't had any issues with billing. I've heard that this experience can be very different if you're trying to work with insurance and CCRM. The only weakness I've experienced is with one particular staff member. I don't know her name, but she is always working the checkout desk at the Rose office. She isn't very nice and I always feel like I'm being super annoying by trying to check out and PAY THEM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. She also never gives me the itemized receipt, which I always get at checkout at the Lonetree office. But other than that everyone is great. Maybe not the best sign, but the check-in front desk lady knows me by face now. I guess I am there .a lot! My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. They do not use it for anything other than "email" communication. I do not have copies of many of my test results and often won't get details unless I ask my nurse specifically. (They always give it when I ask.) I have been downloading my medical records for my personal files for years, so it feels weird not to have access to them. I also wish you could schedule appointments online and not have to call every time. They make it easy when you call, I'd just prefer to do it online.
She always takes the time to thoroughly explain things to my and my husband. She and her staff always remember me, ask me how I'm doing, and give me hugs. I feel like they really care about me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I love Angelica! I was sad when she went on maternity leave (though completely understandable of course). The nurses filling in with her did a good job, but I didn't get to really know them and I felt a little lost not having a dedicated nurse. But they were always super responsive and answered all of my questions. I'm glad Angelica was back when we started IVF. She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. They are so on top of everything.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K. Dr K also did a fibroid removal surgery for me and it went super smoothly. She even billed it as gynecological instead of for fertility so that it would be covered by my insurance (I have no infertility insurance coverage). She's amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Also, save the drawings she gives you! They are super helpful to look back at later.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara/letrozole. She chose letrozole over clomid because I have a history of optical migraines. I had no ill side effects from the letrozole. I produced 1 mature follicle on 5mg, and 3 mature follicles on 7.5mg. We have no MFI. Both IUIs failed. After that we moved on to IVF which Dr. K was very supportive of. As I am 37, with an AMH of .3 and AFC of 6, I don't have time to waste. We are doing the early embryo banking program with 2 retrievals planned (for now). For my first IVF round, she did an estrogen patch priming protocol with Cetrotide during priming. Stim meds were 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Omnitrope, and dexamethasone. I am still in stims, but had my regroup the other day. I have 9 follicles, but some aren't growing so she has added 7.5mg letrozole to my protocol since I responded well to it. She also mentioned she already has an idea of how she will change up my priming for next time. I appreciate how responsive she is to how my body reacts to the meds. I also love that they do a lot of monitoring during stims so they know what's going on. I think I would be much more anxious if they weren't monitoring as closely. I haven't had my retrieval yet so don't know results yet.
IUI cost $458 + $200 for each ultrasound ... probably around $1000-1500 total per IUI. For IVF, with the early embryo banking program, we'll pay $38500 for 2 retrievals (including all monitoring), one frozen embryo transfer, and CCS/PGS testing for up to 6 embryos. Meds for Retrieval #1 cost $5500.

2017 - 2019
All of the office staff at CCRM - Louisville are awesome! It’s a small clinic and they know me simply by my name when I visit or call. They are friendly, kind and caring and have always been professional.... Carolyn [a nurse] works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton is kind and caring and has always used a personal touch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn)
Carolyn works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We began working with Dr. Barton when she was at an office close to us and since then doesn’t visit that office, so we drive a little farther. It is completely worth it. Her nurses are awesome and even over the phone, Dr. Barton is able to communicate clearly and effectively and shows us that she really cares. Dr. Barton is compassionate but has always given us all the information and has been straight forward.
Best of luck with everything! You’re in great hands!
I can to Dr. Barton struggling to conceive had a uterine polyp removed and suffered one loss. We started with a variety of tests on my husband and myself. No explanation could be reached from all of the tests. We decided to move forward with an IUI treatment and we got pregnant. Unfortunately at 6 weeks there was no “yolk” found in the sac on our ultrasound. We suffered another loss. Dr. Barton said she’d be willing to try another round of IUI, but due to our history IVF would lessen our chances of a loss greatly. We moved forward with a round of IVF. We did an egg retrieval with PGS testing as we had come to the conclusion that genetics were a factor. We retrieved 14 eggs, 5 embryos made it to blastocyst and 3 were genetically typical. We did an FET with our top embryo and while we got a positive Beta, this FET ended in a chemical pregnancy. Moving forward Dr. Barton is suggesting we follow a antihistamine protocol. We were in the very beginning stages when in an ultrasound they found a polyp in my uterus. So frustrating but I’m so glad they found it before it was too late. I’m planning on getting it removed and starting again! Dr. Barton has been honest with us through this entire process and we are looking forward to taking these next steps with her.
Our insurance paid partially for our IUI and didn’t cover any of our IVF cycle. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were for IUI, for IVF including an FET the cost was around $21,000 without medication.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton suggested we transfer 1 embryo, but she would have been open to discussion.

4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
They [CCRM Colorado] messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount. ... The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Runs like a well-oiled machine. Very efficient, clean and friendly. The billing department was terrible. They messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount.
At first I wasn't entirely sure how the process would go because Dr. Barton began by spending most of her time managing expectations/verging on discouraging me. I was afraid that she would be too negative and wouldn't let me try, but once she gave the stats and such, she really listened to me and to my desires, independent on the "stats of success." She really advocated for me, whether that was regarding lab use of donor sperm or by retrieving a very small number of eggs. And she really took seriously my past history with autoimmune disease and extreme sensitivity to hormones in the past. I felt like she was very caring and very thoughtful about what treatment might work best for an unusual case like mine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie is very wonderful, warm and compassionate. And I never experienced her "dropping the ball." She generally got everything in on time and had good follow-through. I was disappointed as some lack of knowledge that she had when I asked her questions. The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara Barton is clearly very knowledgable and well-trained. She isn't afraid to set your expectations realistically, but I found that once she did, she was very open to trying new things and working with some auto-immune issues. I really appreciated that she didn't push me to give up or force me to cancel a cycle when I didn't respond well (and I wanted to move forward). I found her to be very compassionate, and she treated me like a colleague instead of talking down to me.
I would be prepared knowing what you really want to do and don't be afraid to speak up when she may be steering you one direction. Be sure to request as many regroups/phonecalls/communication directly with Dr. Barton as you feel is necessary, as some of the nurses weren't the best at communicating accurate information
In process
Lone Tree

Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours [at CCRM Colorado]. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. ... Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. I love how the nurses met with me after each and every ultrasound. Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
Dr. Surrey himself is very personable and attentive to my specific questions. The clinic sometimes makes you feel a bit of one of the numbers, mostly just in the difficulty reaching the nursing staff i.e. they are perhaps too busy at times, and the courses and steps they make you go through sometimes make you feel a bit like just one of the number. That being said, a lot of the information is really good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Our nurse was extremely friendly and answered all my questions without any judgement. She was sometimes hard to reach and I felt the clinic's management of when she was off i.e. coverage was poor. The nurses overall however are all friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. He is personable and seems to truly care for us and be excited about our fertility treatments. I appreciated his honesty and friendliness.
Know that he will quote you lots of statistics and numbers, he is obviously very knowledgeable.
Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12. Initially on ultrasound it appeared that only 4-5 follicles were responding, and my LH surge started happening despite taking the medications exactly as prescribed. During retrieval they were actually able to get 8 follicles. Of these only 6 were fertilized, 4 made it to blast/were biopsied, and then only 1 was PGS tested as normal.
We were able to utilize a discount program via our insurance, total for the cycle was 13,090 to include FET with additional 5,500 required for PGS/lab costs. Costs without this discount would have been closer to 19K baseline
Dr. Surrey strongly prefers a single embryo transfer approach, however was open to more but strongly cautioned and gave risks.
Lone Tree

Billing is always a weakness of CCRM. When I was seeing them for monitoring, they told me the price of ultrasounds for monitoring, charged me for it. I had no idea that I needed to paymore money until after my first failed cycle and I went back in for monitoring of my second cycle. ... [nurses] Attentive and nice. I have not had too many interactions with them at this time. My original nurse went on maternity leave. Everything has been good so far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Honest, caring and no bullsh*t.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Too soon to know how this ends up but with all of the doctors/offices I’ve been to (at least 5) this is the best that I’ve felt with an RE. She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested. She also didn’t feel that I needed to do the hsg test again. The clinic I went to for the original x-ray closed. We have the report but no x-ray to show CCRM.
Be prepared with how relaxed you’ll feel. I’m argumentative and opinionated, she handled it with grace.
My first IVF procedure with her will be in two months. The last clinics, I’ve only ended up with one blast, most if not all arrest on day 5. Her medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. Everything she listed for our cycle together, I was asking my previous doctor about but he did not see the need.
Roughly $125 to see the doc, everything else seems to be listed on their website. I’m not 100% sure of what my total cost will be for IVF yet.
She’s open to both, suggested we transfer two but I refuse to do so at this time.

Endometriosis, Other
The billing office [CCRM]. ... I had to remind them several times to send things to me for payment. The other concern I’d love to see addressed is the pharmacy relationships. You’ll be given your protocol and a list of several pharmacies you have to call to price out. ... I was accidentally sent another patients results. It included their social security information and test results.
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing office. It’s what everyone says about CCRM and it’s true. They’re nice folks but just seem a little too busy for their workload. I had to remind them several times to send things to me for payment. The other concern I’d love to see addressed is the pharmacy relationships. You’ll be given your protocol and a list of several pharmacies you have to call to price out. This process is cumbersome and adds unneeded stress to the situation. I’d love to see CCRM partner with a couple of pharmacies to make the process of obtaining of drugs simpler.
Dr. Barton is undoubtably direct but spoke with both myself and my husband as people. She’s highly aware that infertility is a difficult and emotional subject and she has never diminished our feelings throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Can’t say enough good things about Kate. She’s responsive, easy to work with and informed. We’ve also worked with Katie who subs for Kate when she’s out and Katie has also been a pleasure to work with.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Foolishly, my husband and I expected we’d be given better “odds” with IVF. Following our initial testing and consultation with Dr. Barton, she carefully explained why we may not find success on the first (or few) attempts. Her honesty, while initially disappointing, helped my husband and I gain the realistic perspective we needed to start IVF.
Expect to be communicated to in a direct manner. Her nurse Kate is also incredible so you’ll enjoy working with her as well as Dr. Barton. We joke that she’s Barton’s bonus!
With stage 4 endometriosis, Dr. Barton recommended an antagonist protocol with mid-lutal estrogen patch priming. We’ve had two delays. The first is a delayed transfer (fingers crossed we get there) because of a uterine cyst and the second was because I developed ovarian cysts during suppression. We’re starting the patches again later this month in hopes that the ovarian cysts have shrunk.
I believe we paid just under 22K for the IVF cycle. We live within 250 miles of her office and it’s our first IVF cycle so we received a slight discount. Our drugs were around 5K, both fees will likely go up as we’ve had delays. I think we paid about 5K in intial testing fees and genetic testing.
Because of age and potential succes, we’re doing eSET. I believe I was told that research has proven it to be more effective and healthy for baby and mom.

3 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [CCRM Colorado] are very kind at this clinic. However, often don't know answers to questions and don't contact you when requested. I often get different answers depending on who I am talking to in respects to billing, however it all seems to get worked out in the end. ... I have had to ask several times for prescriptions to be sent to the pharmacy and also have had some issues with billing.
3 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very kind at this clinic. However, often don't know answers to questions and don't contact you when requested. I often get different answers depending on who I am talking to in respects to billing, however it all seems to get worked out in the end.
Dr. Surrey is very good at making me feel like a human, being sympathetic, and also listening. Sometimes he seems rushed (I am sure he is very busy!), but is overall a very nice doctor.
Very compassionate and kind nurses at CCRM. However, I get a lot of different answers when I call, depending on who I am speaking with. It is also at times to get ahold of a nurse or have one contact you back.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey has been very helpful in explaining the steps of treatment, the potential outcomes, as well as potential risks. He is also very knowledgeable and truly listens to our input. I would recommend him to a friend.
He listens well when you self advocate, so if you know what is best for you and your body be sure to share that with him.
I have only completed IUIs with Dr. Surrey at this time (IVF is the next step). He was very thorough and each IUI was adjusted slightly to help increase my chances. Unfortunately, they did not work. However, I do not attribute that to anything Dr. Surrey did. My first round I was on a low dose of Clomid and this increased slightly as we continued with use of the trigger shot.
During the time of our IUIs we had Kaiser Insurance so our IUI packages were around $750. However, the testing needed to get to the IUI point was also costly.
We were told that they typically transfer one embryo.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Cindy [a nurse at CCRM- Colorado] is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths are that they are effecient and their lab is probably the best in the USA. They are constantly on the cutting edge of new treatment by constantly educating them self and conducting research on new advances to improve results. Weaknesses are that they do not accept military insurance. Although they do offer a military discount off of services, it is still pretty expensive and it would be nice if they would accept military insurance for disabled veterans like myself. Their lab is the BEST. If you can only do one cycle because of cost, I would say to do that cycle with Ccrm. If you can not afford to cycle with them, I would suggest that you at least get your workup done at ccrm because they are the most through clinic that I have ever been with
Dr.Schoolcraft, his nurses, and the administration treated me with respect. They were all compassionate and concerned about my treatment and about how I was doing. They all know my name, they know who I am. If I needed anything, they all made themself available for me to get things done in an effecient manner. That is something that I hold dear to me, they all treated me very well. No matter what my results end up, I know everyone cared and wants the best for my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers. That’s all we could ever hope for.
He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process. Listen to him and trust him, he truly has your best interest at heart
Estrogen Proming Protocol. Prime with estrogen after ovulation, once cycle day 1 starts, get ultrasound, begin stim meds (gonalf, menopur, clomid and dexamethosone). Ultrasounds and labs daily after 3 rd day of stims
$30,000 for fertility workup and ivf with genetic testing
Because I am advanced maternal age, I didn’t really feel as if I wanted to get all of the embryos tested, I really wanted to do a fresh transfer of 4 embryos because most of them Would be abnormal. However, Dr.Schoolcraft was adamant that we can put no more than two. He really only wanted to transfer one but we pushed because we are older and didn’t want to waste as much time between transfer if it did not take. He heard our pleas and allowed 2

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Our nurse Dawn [at CCRM] was always ready to answer my questions and promptly returned our phone calls and or emails... We were out of town patients from the Midwest, communication was key. Dawn was always prompt in answering phone calls and emails with questions. She always added a personal touch to each phone call and office visit. We loved working with Dawn and her staff!...Total costs for IVF and medications was about $40K. More than one round at other clinics, but worth the successful results!
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The CCRM Lonetree clinic is like Disneyland for IVF. It is more expensive than the other fertility clinics we had been previous patients, but the results are worth it. The personal level and attention to your specific treatment's detail is apparent. If you are struggling with infertility I strongly suggest a trip to CCRM for a one day work up evaluation. You won't want another doctor to treat you!
During our 6 month journey at CCRM Lonetree Dr. Surrey met with us multiple times in his office as well as called me personally a total of 5 times. He was always frank and optimistic with our results. Our nurse Dawn was always ready to answer my questions and promptly returned our phone calls and or emails. I would call CCRM the Disneyland of IVF it's more expensive than our previous clinics but the results are amazing. We are currently 4 months pregnant with our first child after 3.5 years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Our nurse Dawn held our hand the entire journey through our first round of IVF. We were out of town patients from the Midwest, communication was key. Dawn was always prompt in answering phone calls and emails with questions. She always added a personal touch to each phone call and office visit. We loved working with Dawn and her staff!
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was frank and optomistic about our IVF journey. After 3 doctors in the midwest could not figure us out, we tried CCRM. We could not be happier with Dr. Surrey solving our puzzle, but letting us know why the other treatments were not working. Over the 6 months we were patients at CCRM I believe Dr. Surrey personally called me himself 5 times to speak about results or next steps and finally to congratulate us on a successful pregnancy via IVF at CCRM!
Come prepared to your office visits, phone consults, and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Surrey is honest and willing to modify treatments to make them work personally for you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
The staff who works in the ultrasound and blood draw labs are a comfort while undergoing daily tests. They always provided a comfort and positive outlook on the situation. Dealing with patients undergoing fertility treatments is not for everyone, emotions are high, hormones are raging. They must handle us gently and they did!
Singleton embryo transfers have a higher success translating to pregnancy. One embryo is also safer for the mother to carry.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff [CCRM Colorado] and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses ... [nurse] Knows her stuff, honest with me, provides advice, and very friendly and compassionate. Never feel rushed and always responds to emails and phone calls promptly
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses
First time out for one day work up my nurse met with me for close to 3 hours. Clinic provides an hour orientation explaining the whole process and how the clinic works. Was able to meet with Schoolcraft (who is very in demand) for about 30 minutes each when in Denver for one day work up (ODWU) and for retrieval. He also personally performed several of the necessary testing procedures and I’ve had several scheduled regroup phone calls since I live out of state. Have had the same nurse the entire time and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. In Illinois where I live, clinics often use the insurance mandate for 4 cycles as an atm machine and will go forward whether or not a patient is a candidate for ivf. Schoolcraft absolutely does not.
Request Michelle as your nurse! Also come up with questions ahead of time.
Added hgh, dexamethasone, and clomid to normal follistim/menopur/cetrotide in order to improve egg maturation and quality. Got 10 eggs as opposed to 5 6 months earlier. Tweaking next cycle in order to address aneupoloidy (sp)?
Approximately $25k for bundled package including monitoring, retrieval, CCS testing, 1 transfer, all necessary regroups with doctor. Approximately $4k for one day work up
Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
One cycle [at CCRM Colorado] was $24,000 plus medications, hotel stay, and travel...They are against multiple embryo transfer and make you go to a class where they can tell you the reasons they are against it...The weaknesses would be how you are treated just like another number. The whole facility has a very structured system that is designed to treat the masses. There is no personalized care and after you have paid and are no longer a patient, they wont give you the time of day. I personally have been trying to get my screening/blood work sent over to my other doctor for my upcoming donor cycle.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the leading infertility research facility in the country and has lead to thousands of couples having live births. The weaknesses would be how you are treated just like another number. The whole facility has a very structured system that is designed to treat the masses. There is no personalized care and after you have paid and are no longer a patient, they wont give you the time of day. I personally have been trying to get my screening/blood work sent over to my other doctor for my upcoming donor cycle. I have called and emailed and messaged them with the same response "we sent that xxxx date". every time I have replied that no I have not received it and it just gets passed off to another person that says.... "oh we sent that xxxx date". I really shouldn't expect anything else from this place because you are just passed off to different nurses every single appointment. Its crazy to think that you spend $24000 for one cycle and this is how you are treated. If I could do it all over again, I would have paid for the 3 cycle plan they offer but this was our last home that the best fertility place in the country could help make us embryos. Unfortunately even if you are under 30 and perfectly healthy sometimes things just dont work out...............
CCRM is operates like a money making machine. Even if you have had 2 other IVF cycles, they treat you as if you know absolutely nothing. When you check in, you wait and then jump on the assembly line. Everyone acts like a robot that works there. They get you in and out as fast as they can so they can get through more people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Andria )
Once again, they all act like robots. They do and say the same thing every single ultrasound and its extremely rare to get the same tech doing the ultrasound. There is zero personalized care at this facility.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I only saw Dr. Surrey two times for maybe 10 minutes each time. He acted like he knew exactly how to fix us (wife 29) self (31) and that if we spent extra money on their "special" process then we would have different results and make embryos. Dr. Surrey is very good on up-selling and pretending to have all the answers. Once he gets you locked into a contract, you're just treated like a number on a page. I feel as if they just use the exact same procedure for every patient and do the least about of work as possible because they have a formula and it works for 60% of the people.
Do not expect good communication. You will see him once or twice and everything will be handled by a nurse assisting him.
I do not remember the details but they were similar to a cycle that failed previously at a different smaller clinic
One cycle was $24,000 plus medications, hotel stay, and travel.
Lone Tree

[the nurses at CCRM CO-Louisville were] Not compassionate. Told me the gender of one of our embryos even though I explicitly told them I didn't want to know. Never caked me when my thyroid labs were abnormal, I called multiple times asking for the results. Not at all compassionate when I was worried about miscarrying based on those results. More concerned about setting up an appointment than giving me a minute after we did miscarry to process the information.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM has so many patients I can see where it feels like you're a number. However my personal doctor did not make me feel that way. Nursing staff wad terrible. Buildings themself clean. Lab people friendly. Usually fairly easy to make appointments
He was personable, kind, honest. He'd remember things about us.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson was honest, kind, thoughtful. While we never made it past 7 weeks, you could tell he was rooting for us and truly disappointed and sorry that things didn't work out for us. From the get go, we had already done a cycle of IVF without success (chemical and miscarriage of trisomy 13 at 6.5 weeks), he told us there were no medical reasons to not try again. We ended up with 9 CCS normal embryos. However, after 2 failed transfers (chemical and blighted ovum) he told us one of things wad happening. Despite my hysteroscopy and all labs/scans looking normal, my uterus wasn't a good environment or there was something behind chromosomes that is genetically wrong with the embryos. Our final transfer resulted in a pregnancy but miscarriage at 7 weeks. He was so kind during our D&C and told us he was always there for us. We still have 5 embryos and may some day decide to transfer them or pursue a gestational carrier, but are also at peace that Dr. Gustafson did everything in his power, knowledge, expertise to help us be parents.
Trust him. He will be honest with you. And like he told us on our first consultation he'll "tell you when to get off of the roller coaster". And he doesn't say that to be mean. He says it for your own sanity. He doesn't want to just take your money over and over if he doesn't think it will work.
I honestly don't remember what protocol we used for egg retrieval. First FET e-set of day 5AA CCS normal blast. Lupron started when bcp stopped. Vivelle patches increasing. Endometrium, PIO and me from. 2nd FET added antihistamine protocol with aspirin, claritin, pepcid, and prednisone. 3rd FET antihistimine protocol and lovenox.
$22000 for egg retrieval, 1st transfer. $5000 for each subsequent FET Meds totaled probably $1000
First 2 transfers did e-SET then did embryos on 3rd transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Nurse Erin showed gr8 compassion and she was very organized and communicated the results to us soon as she receives them and she goes in great length explaining them. We also loved nurse Amy who helped us during our u/s and stims ... You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility [CCRM Colorado] if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is the best at treating infertility and they have one of the best labs in the world. You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As someone who struggled through infertility for a long time and at the age of 39 having gone through 8 IUI’s and 5 IVF cycles elsewhere without success we were looking for any small hope that we could hold onto. My husband found this doctor and the name CCRM and Dr Schoolcraft kept showing up on numerous forums . We immediately thought this is the place that could turn our fortunes and we called CCRM the next day for an appt with Dr Schoolcraft . To our pleasant surprise they setup a phone consult with Dr school craft within a month. I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. I remember the day when me and my husband came out to the parking lot in lone tree and we almost cried after Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route. During the next followup consult we asked for one opportunity to try conventional IVF and then try IVM if it doesn’t work. We ended up doing IVF but with very minimum stim almost identical to IVM. Without going into any further details I would say the hospital, doctor and nurses were phenomenal in every step of the way and a special shoutout to nurse Erin and nurse Amy. Fast forward to today, I am 21 weeks pregnant right now with the first embryo transferred with my baby boy and another perfect CCS tested embryo waiting in lonetree CO. I just went for my level 2 U/S today and everything looked perfect with the baby and I am writing this review with happy tears while my husband holds a glass of scotch. Anyone who are in their late 30’s and think they are doomed with infertility pls don’t walk just run to this place and I hope CCRM can turn your dream become a reality just like they did ours.
The one thing I would say is, when Dr S gives you a conservative estimate of chances I would think the chances are much more than the estimate given as my experience was such. So I would advice that you definitely persist with this doctor and he is the best at this business
since I had infertility coverage I only paid my deductable, my one day workup costs and CCS testing. They added up to 15K roughly
Lone Tree

CCRM has a great laboratory that helps to yield good results, ie live births. They are pioneers of the field so you know you are getting great care. They are a big clinic so sometimes you can feel lost as a number. Some doctors dont have great bedside manner but ours did. They are more expensive then most clinics it seems. They have great hours which allows for flexibility. Many other clinics are not open on weekends.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G is very personable. He remembers my past medical history as well as personal details that I've shared. He always makes us feel comfortable. I've laughed and cried with him and he's always been supportive. He answers all my questions thoroughly and in a way I can understand. He gives the facts with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris Neely)
Our nurse was overall very good. She was generally compassionate. There was a period when the clinic was busy and undergoing changes that I believe was stressful for her as it showed in her interaction with us. She seemed annoyed at times, called me by the wrong name and just seemed busy and bothered. She did turn around after a bit of time. She is always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. He is very thorough when explaining what we have done, what we will do, what we can expect, and what will be next. He shows empathy and seems to really understand what a difficult journey this is for his patients and is very supportive. He remembers personal details I've shared about our family which helps to feel there is a true connection. He will ask about our son, our move, our vacation, etc. He always followed up with a phone call after our transfers and answered all questions we had. He makes us feel comfortable and safe. I trust him completely.
Believe in him. He has your best interest in mind.
After trying 5 IUI'S at another clinic we consulted with Dr. G. He had a thorough understanding of what we have tried and created a plan to move forward with IVF, stating we could try one more IUI but it was not likely to work. He recommended IVF with 50/50 ICSI and conventional fertilization. I don't know the name of the protocol but it seemed pretty straight forward. My body had not settled down from the stim meds after first retrieval for our planned fresh cycle so moved on to a frozen transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and successful delivered a singleton. 2 years later we transferred 2 more embryos using the same protocol for priming. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 5 months after that we transferred our lastv3 embryos with the same protocol and the addition of the antihistamine protocol to address the possibly reasoning for the chemical pregnancy. We had never had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage before. This also resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
We used the assure program for out first transfer and that cost $32k for up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers or until a live birth. Consults and regroups cost $250. Frozen embryo transfers were about $6,000 without monitoring.
Prior to our first IVF it was explained that we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos and what the risks were when transferring multiples. We decided to transfer 2. Because I had such a strong inital beta it was thought I may have had twins but only one embryo implanted. Our 2nd transfer we also decided to transfer 2 based on doctor recommendation since we only had a singleton with the prior transfer. The 3rd transfer we also transferred 2 for the same reason. At first the doctor left the choice of 1-2 up to us but based on the results he then strongly recommend transferring 2 but still allowed it to be our choice.
Louisville

We switched nurses [at CCRM- CO] right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice facility. All of the staff was helpful and courteous. I never felt like a "number" but rather always felt welcomed and that anyone there was willing to go above and beyond to help in any way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
We switched nurses right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Best fertility doctor anywhere. If you are looking for a lengthy conversation about things unrelated to treatment, he might not be your guy; however, if you are looking for expertise and respect in the field, there is none more perfect. He was very patient, thoroughly explained everything, answered all of our questions, and we never felt rushed. He spent a considerable about of time reviewing our medical history before our first consult/visit, and had a plan of action from the start. He was very straight forward about what we needed to do and, of course, he was right and we, after 8 years of trying, treatments, and disappointments, are expecting a baby girl in a few months.
Be prepared to hear the truth. He is the expert and we 100% trusted every word he said to us. We followed his treatment plan without asking questions and the results were worth it!
Dr. Schoolcraft did not recommend multiple embryo transfers; however, listened to my concerns and wishes.
Lone Tree

[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.

2014 - 2018
The Louisville clinic [CCRM] does a great job making you feel welcome, it doesn't feel as clinicy as you might expect. Tara in ultrasound was also awesome to work with. It was nice to always see a smiling face whether it was for testing, a regroup or just bloodwork.... Most all of the nurses we have dealt with have all been fantastic and do a great job communicating.... Dr G [Gustofson] had/has gone above and beyond to take time to work with us and make sure we do NOT feel like a number.
European, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville clinic does a great job making you feel welcome, it doesn't feel as clinicy as you might expect. Tara in ultrasound was also awesome to work with. It was nice to always see a smiling face whether it was for testing, a regroup or just bloodwork.
Dr G had/has gone above and beyond to take time to work with us and make sure we do NOT feel like a number. He has scheduled conference calls with us since we have moved farther away and has always been there to answer our questions.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G made the experience as good as it could be. When questions came up, he took the time to talk through the pros and cons as well as offer any insight on his recommended course of action. He always took the time to make it feel like a conversation rather than us sitting back waiting for him to tell us what to do. Because of those reasons, we are continuing to work with him through another egg retrieval and would never consider working with another doctor through this journey!!
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr G does a great job giving as much or as little explanation as you would prefer.
I don't remember a ton of the specifics after the long journey but I do often remember Dr G thoroughly explaining things. For example we had first planned to do a fresh embryo transfer but when that was not the best course, Dr G took the time to explain to us why and how we could best proceed from there. He also did a great job reassuring my wife after the miscarriages that it was nothing she did.
Dr G did a great job explaining the pros/cons of multiple embryo transfer versus single.
Louisville

For our one-day consultation, we started out in the conference room with a group of couples from all over the country. We then ran through a series of appointments and tests, which concluded with a meeting with our doctor. That day will cover all of your questions.... Make use of CCRM's portal for communication. It's much easier than trying to deal with the phone tree. You can always get to your nurse's line directly through her extension. I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson is.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
IVF is a complex process that involves more than doctors. We relied heavily on the embryologists, the nurses, and the business office. At every other clinic, the care was far less comprehensive and very disjointed. We sought care locally in Jacksonville at three clinics. Dissatisfied, we considered several clinics in New York and Los Angeles. After our initial call with CCRM, we were convinced to give it a whirl and went out for our 1-day consultation. Maybe the best decision of our marriage. We saw Dr. Gustofson at the Lone Tree office. While Denver is a fantastic city, the Lone Tree area is pretty generic, full of national chains and light on charm. We preferred to stay downtown or in Cherry Creek. For our first 1-day consultation, we stayed in Lone Tree for the convenience. For longer visits, enjoy the charm of Denver and make the daily drive to Lone Tree for your appointments. The clinic is 15 minutes from Cherry Creek. We were impressed and pleased at every turn. For our one-day consultation, we started out in the conference room with a group of couples from all over the country. We then ran through a series of appointments and tests, which concluded with a meeting with our doctor. That day will cover all of your questions. CCRM only accepts United for insurance. Otherwise, it's about $5,000 out of pocket. They do accept American Express now but didn't in 2016 when we first went to CCRM. You have to do this same initial work-up before the start of each new cycle. As an out-of-town patient, the most complicated aspect will be getting your local clinic to send the results in a timely manner. You'll have to get monitoring and blood drawn at a local clinic throughout the process. My biggest frustrations were getting my results to CCRM from labs and other clinics. You will likely have to be really pushy with your local clinics. It might create some awkward tension, especially since you aren't really going to them for medical advice, only asking them to take orders from CCRM. Make use of CCRM's portal for communication. It's much easier than trying to deal with the phone tree. You can always get to your nurse's line directly through her extension. I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson is. If I was in doubt about any detail or want to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responds directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere.
He remembered personal details about us, and he shared personal details about his own family and kids. We recommended him to friends, and we created a fun little circle of humans in the same struggle. I would hang out with him outside of CCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica, then Sarah)
ou want more than a proficient doctor. You want your doctor supported by top-notch embryologists, high-knowledge nurses and clinicians, and a willing, helpful and thoughtful financial department. The support staff at CCRM is excellent. The embryologists and nurses are diligent and thoughtful and present a can-help attitude constantly. The attitude elsewhere was consistently “no, we don’t do that.” CCRM will find a solution to your problems. They will help you track down drugs through various or multiple pharmacies even if it’s annoying. The business office will answer all of your questions, help you find cost-effective strategies through various programs, and will make every effort to navigate insurance chaos on your behalf.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson was. If I was in doubt about any detail or wanted to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responded directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere.
Go, just go. We lucked into him because I called CCRM, and they gave me his first available appointment. It was a perfect blessing. Be honest with him. He'll be honest back. When we had a communication snafu regarding the results of my husband's Hep C antibodies, the nurse called and didn't explain the situation very well, which led to lots of strife. Dr. Gustofson changed his entire protocol for notifying patients about communicable disease antibodies. He's not afraid to admit a problem and he's not afraid to solve problems, however small or large.
Egg retrieval - I can't remember all the drugs FET1 - 1 embryo transferred, 1 live birth - same protocol generally as FET3 FET2 - 1 embryo transferred, chemical pregnancy - same protocol generally as FET3 FET3 - 2 embryos transferred, 2 pregnancies in progress - 21 days of birth control (7/20/18-8/11/18), lupron (10 units 8/7/18-8/29/18), vivelle patches every other day (starting 8/16/18), endometrium 100mg (starting 8/30/18), medal (8/30/18-9/2/18), doxycycline 100mg 2x daily (8/30/18 until gone), embryo transfer on 9/4/18
retrieval: $9315 to CCRM, $15170 to labs (plus local monitoring) FET (per transfer, we did 3 transfers): $2630 to CCRM, $2815 to labs (plus local monitoring)
CCRM promotes strongly that singleton births are the new standard of IVF, per the journal articles written by Schoolcraft. We transferred 1 embryo with success and had out first child. We then transferred 1 embryo and had a chemical pregnancy. At that point, we then had 2 "normal" embryos remaining and 1 "no result" embryo remaining. We were feeling the sad desperation and pressure, and Dr. G. was understanding. Despite the fact that I was under 35 and that we had done CCS, he agreed to go against the recommendations to only transfer 1 in our situation. He agreed that transferring 2 would be okay as I didn't have complications in my first pregnancy and carried to full-term. He thoroughly explained the risks. We decided that we would do another retrieval if our next transfer failed because we were wary of transferring the "no result" embryo. We understood that we had a 42% chance of twins. We knew the risk. We are now excited about twins.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Their approach is so technical yet felt specialized to me. I feel like their level of experience, research and knowledge is the best. I never felt like they were trying to achieve their success rates, I felt like they were trying to help me achieve my goal.... the first round costs to CCRM were around $30K (doesn't include drugs) and the 2nd & 3rd rounds combined were about $25K. I only needed two rounds so they credited me for the third round.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their approach is so technical yet felt specialized to me. I feel like their level of experience, research and knowledge is the best. I never felt like they were trying to achieve their success rates, I felt like they were trying to help me achieve my goal. At my previous clinic I felt like they wouldn't take any more chances with me because of their success rates. I felt like they gave up on me and CCRM said we can do this and they made our dreams come true.
Dr. G never rushed me, took the time to answer all questions. Communicated directly with me. Even in their portal to ask nurses questions, he allows his patients to email him. I think he's still the only doctor at Lone Tree CCRM to do that. He was transparent and to the point, easy to understand but also kind at the same time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The staff is very good. There a lot of moving pieces in treatment that they need to organize and the emotions were high. I had confidence in the staff but sometimes they were hard to get a hold of and sensed the business.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G explained the process at every step. He was always patient and thorough. He explained exactly what he expected to happen the results he expected and always fully explained what he thought was had happened and what he would do about it. Very thorough and always made me feel like I was in the very best care possible.
Follow their instructions and recommendations. Ask a lot of questions, don't be shy but also trust them and what they recommend. Don't be afraid to ask him what he would do if the situation was reversed.
I participated in the acai study; I religiously took the full vitamin cocktail they recommend (as did my husband). I took hcg, gonal F, follistem, menopur, noravel, saizen, cetrotide, lupron, vivelle, Endometrin, progrestrone
based on success rates & data for my age and situation the recommendation was always to transfer one (depending on quality of embryo).

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I believe CCRM gets patients with difficult cases from all over the world, so they have seen it all - a big plus.... I like their approach because they rely not only on the meds, but on supplements and alternative treatment like acupuncture.... I believe the IVF cycle was around USD 20 thousand.... Gina my nurse was great and super compassionate. She unfortunately left CCRM, but by the end of my treatment.... I only met with Dr. G but have heard great things about the other doctors.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I believe CCRM gets patients with difficult cases from all over the world, so they have seen it all - a big plus. I only met with Dr. G but have heard great things about the other doctors. I like their approach because they rely not only on the meds, but on supplements and alternative treatment like acupuncture.
Dr. G was always extremely nice and attentive on all occasions we met and over the phone and e-mail. He was aware of all details surrounding treatment and our journey up until the point we started treatment with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gina Biamonte)
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was absolutely clear from day 1 on the positive and negative aspects of our situation and the probability that we would have success. We had to adjust our treatment calendar for every cycle - retrieval and transfer - and I believe Dr. G made the correct calls in every occasion, assessing my body and the specifics of our situation. We are from Brazil and at a 5 hour difference to Colorado, and Dr. G was responsive even in this scenario.
Dr. G recommended that during two weeks I take supplements to improve egg quality before retrieval. This made a significant difference in my view. During stimming, he pushed forward the egg retrieval day by a couple of days and increased hormone dosage which I believe was the reason why I managed to get 22 eggs (much more than the 9 I had gotten in my 2 previous cycles). I feel the that the considerable number of eggs is why we were able to get blastocysts and CCS tested euploid embryos.
I believe the IVF cycle was around USD 20 thousand.
Dr. G preferred transferring only 1 because my embryos were CCS tested, due to the risks of a multiple pregnancy. But after a failed FET he agreed on transferring 2, which is what I wanted. I will deliver my baby girl and boy next week.
Lone Tree

I found most of the staff [CCRM] I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.... We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I found most of the staff I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.
I felt Dr. Gustofson was very warm and personable when I met or communicated with him but I had quite a bit of trouble with communication with other staff including nurses. I felt that at some pretty important times I had a hard time getting a response from the appropriate staff member. That said, Dr. Gustofson was really good with the communication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana Coon)
I felt at times that Aiyana was very nice, organized and communicated well but there were times that I was very frustrated with the lack of comminication from her and almost requested to be switched to the care of another nurse.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Overall I found Dr. Gustofson very caring and I felt he really knew what he was doing. My only issue related to Dr. Gustofson was that he left town during a crucial part of my treatment (which I completely understand and don’t hold against him) but neither he nor his staff mentioned he would be leaving so it was offputting for me to find this out when I needed to ask him a question regarding treatment and he was gone.
He seems like a genuinely caring doctor.
Priming meds: Estrace 2mg - cycle day 2 on Testosterone gel - day 3-20 Prometrium 200mg - 2x day/ day 16-25 Testosterone patch 2mg - day 21-25 Cetrotide 0.25mg - day 23-25 Stim meds: Viagra 50mg 2x a day Menopur 150units 2x a day Gonal-F 300 units once a day Dexamethasone 0.5mg once a day Saizen 0.4ml once a day Clomid 100mg once a day (added when follicles were not growing enough and injections were switched to intramuscular instead of sub q)
We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which I can’t remember the exact cost of but it wasn’t inexpensive). Because the cycle was cancelled we were refunded around $21,000.
For my age group he recommended one embryo be transferred at a time to reduce chances of multiples because of higher risk. I completely agreed with this approach.
Lone Tree

I feel that CCRM's biggest strengths is it's streamline of this process. They work like a well oiled machine, they've figure out what works and stick to it. However, I feel their popularity and number of patients can occasionally make some things take longer. There were several times I waited all day for a phone call of a lab result sent over that morning. A more prompt response for life changing results would be appreciated. Overall, everyone from the front desk to the lab is very friendly, always smiling and kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr Kondapalli is very warm and welcoming. She gave me hugs, made eye contact, took her time with me and my husband, and called me personally after my second beta number didn't rise as we had hoped it would.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah McLeod)
Sarah was extremely helpful, she always took time to answer my questions and was comforting. She also asked the doctor when I made requests rather than just making the decision herself.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli was warm, knowledgeable and optimistic. She made me feel at ease during the scary times and cared about during the sad times. She was appropriately upbeat during the times we needed hope and encouragement. She answered questions honestly with educated answers.
You are in good hands.
We did an FET of 5 day embryos. We started with birth control pills and lupron as we were trying to accommodate the specific transfer date that worked best for my husband's schedule. 3 weeks out from our transfer date we stopped birth control to allow for a menstrual cycle and then started estrogen patches, changing them every other day and Lupron. Closer to transfer we also started progesterone in oil injections every other day and progesterone suppositories. The last few days before transfer I also took doxycycline and medrol. Oral estrogen was added a week before transfer as my estradiol level was not high enough.
For an FET with out of state monitoring, our treatment costs for the embryology lab and CCRMs cost was close to $6000. Out of state monitoring added an additional couple of thousand dollars as did medication.
Dr Kondapalli has a strong stance on eSET vs multiple embryos, especially with my history of a successful eSET in the past.
Lone Tree

Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Lone Tree

I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton [at CCRM Colorado], and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.
Denver

There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it
Lone Tree

We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they [staff at CCRM Colorado] predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature...We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc...During my stim cycle, they decided to have me do another dose of Gonal-F, but did not let me know. So I had to race to the local pharmacy 10 minutes before they closed and pay out of pocket. Also, I'm the one who called in to ask if they wanted me to take the dose and if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known and would've missed the dose entirely. You really have to be on your game.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
Denver

I think the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them...I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Their [CCRM] facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best....There was a time my nurse told me to go onto a specific medication immediately, and when I got to the pharmacy it was a different medication. There was also a time when I wasn't told to go back on a med and only when I asked 3 days later why I wasn't on it this round did they say- oops, you should be on that!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their lab and results are great. Their reputation is too notch. Their doctors are well regarded. Their facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best. You have to really stay on top of them.
I’ve never actually spoken with Dr. K (over the phone Orin person) since my initial appt.
The nursing staff is clearly over worked with too many patience, so not all the blame falls on them. That said, my particular nurse treated me as if I was on a ‘need to know’ basis and didn’t need to know anything. I felt like a lot of details as well as reasons/rationale were left of, I was oftenleft puzzled testing a friend who had been through this. Also, a couple mistakes were made in regards to medication etc.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I think dr K absolutely knows her stuff and was good at adjusting my treatments each round of my IUIs as she learned new info, however I rarely knew why she was doing what she was doing. I wish I’d had check ins after each one, but that wasn’t offered. I believe she cares deeply and is in her office truly studying my #s and deciding the best course for us, on the flip side lots of questions go unanswered since I have zero communication with her.
Ask a LOT of questions up front as you might never speak with her again.
I’ve done 3 IUIs so far- all failed. 1st IUI- oral clomid and took forever- 5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 2nd- oral clomid followed by menopur shots still took a long time (40+ days)- 4-5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 3rd IUI: oral clomid alongside menopur shots- 1ultrasounds in total- growth was more predictable- triggered and did timed intercourse. Each one took a different course and they seemed to get more streamlined as we progressed.
I am about $10,000 in including all the workup tests, appts, etc. and then the 3 IUIs.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The Lone Tree office [CCRM Colorado] is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation... I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts. AWFUL. This is a TERRIBLE way to treat patients -- scare them into paying out of pocket. Really, really terrible. They also messed up payment on the few things they did send to insurance and made me pay too much upfront anyway.
The Lone Tree office is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation, and when my diagnostics revealed a uterine anomaly and I asked to speak with someone about it (I was in shock and had no idea what it meant for my future fertility), the nurse didn't know who I was and hadn't reviewed my chart before talking with me, and didn't tell me anything useful. That said, the techs running the ultrasound and the HSG were extremely nice, comforting, and skilled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
She always seemed extremely busy, and most of the time it was not her responding to my questions. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone, but they did answer messages in the portal within 24 hours.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I think Dr. Surrey would be great for someone doing IVF who wanted the standard or an aggressive protocol, and who didn't want to delve deeper into underlying issues. I had issues with my cycle that I thought were indicative of why conceiving would be difficult -- luteal phase spotting, and he literally told me I should take birth control if I didn't like the spotting, and told me I should just do IVF before it was too late (I'd been diagnosed with DOR). I was not interested in going to IVF without understanding the underlying issues with my body. Later, they found I had a unicornuate uterus, and I agreed that IVF was the best option but said I could try a few cycles of IUI with my local doctor if I wanted. He would not give me clomid/letrozole with a UU due to risk of multiples. He said the only medication he would give me was luteal phase progesterone. We don't have sperm issues, so I didn't want to do IUI, but asked him to prescribe me progesterone for natural cycles. I got pregnant immediately. He called me to say congratulations, but I then never heard from him again. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I've since switched to a different RE.
Make sure IVF is actually what you want to do if you go to him. He will not try less invasive / less aggressive approaches first. I had the feeling from the whole experience that CCRM was trying to make money off of me.
He would not prescribe any medications (clomid/letrozole) due to my uterine anomaly (unicornuate uterus) and said the only option was IVF. I asked him to prescribe me progesterone during the luteal phase (my idea, not his) and he agreed. I then got pregnant spontaneously.
Initial consult -- $300 "regroup" consult -- $100 Day 3 bloodwork -- $500 Baseline ultrasound -- $500 HSG -- $600

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome [at CCRM Colorado]. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to...It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
During my first IUI cycle [at CCRM Colorado] I was given meds and had a reaction. They told me I could never take that med again but for my IVF cycle, that med was listed as one I needed to take. If I didn't notice then I would of been given a med that I was allergic to...is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult...The billing is confusing and needs some work...I wish they nurses] had more time to devote to each one of us.
7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I never had to wait long for an appointment. The office is clean and comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You know what to expect and they provide you with literature that explains everything. They are usually pretty good at returning phone calls. The billing is confusing and needs some work. I think the nurses need help though. They work long hours. They do care about their patients and I wish they had more time to devote to each one of us.
Dr. Surrey really cared about me and I felt like he really wanted us to be parents. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I had all great nurses but the problem was that they were always quitting and I would be assigned a new one. It was frustrating to have to explain your situation all over again and build new relationships. It was exhausting.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct. I actually had a natural pregnancy during my treatment and when he found out he called me that same day to congratulate me. Unfortunately, that surprise pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements. Maybe they would have helped.
Be prepared with questions and have a list.
I was put on Luteal Oral-Microflare protocol due to my age and DOR. We only retrieved 5 eggs, 3 fertilized and one made it to blast. We did a FET but it was not successful.
CCRM is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult. I also hope that one day all insurance will cover treatment.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They [CCRM] have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs.... Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs. The billing and financial department leave little to be desired. They don’t abide by any insurance companies “negotiated rates” and the lab doesn’t except any insurance covage at all. It very expensive and you have to do a lot of the testing through them.
When your going through treatment you don’t hear from your Dr. unless you schedule a consultation. Your nurse is your go to. My nurse was amazing and has been a source of medical and emotional support. Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support and has helped in finding answers for my sever bleeding during pregnancy
Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance. She been an advocate for me when my wants and needs clash with the Dr.’s. She explains things in a way I understand without belittling me. If it wasn’t for her we probably would have moved clinics by now
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier. He was companionate after my miscarriage but doesn’t understand people don’t have endless amounts of money to pay for every test under the sun, a carrier, another IVF treatment, etc. especially when his clinic is by far one of the most expensive out there and they don’t take any insurance
Be ready to spend your life’s savings and be prepared for him pushing all testing
With my first IVF we did a frozen transfer. I did BC, Depo Lupron (for my endo) PIO, Endometrine, vivelle patches, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I did get pregnant but had a significant blessing episode at 8 weeks. Stayed on PIO and patches until 10 weeks before weening. 2nd IVF, Dane protocol another sever bleeding episode that resulted in a miscarriage. Next transfer wants to try the antihistamine protocol.
With our egg retrieval and Frozen transfer it was just under 40k. It’s 3k for your one day work up, almost 7k for transfer and plus meds for the transfer alone. Then if you get pregnant the additional ultrasounds and monitoring is additional charge
At first I was ok with transferring just one embryo but given my very difficult pregnancy I realized that a singleton was much safer for both baby and I. We did however transfer 2 the second time around against his recommendation
Lone Tree

From the very beginning, the clinic [CCRM Colorado] was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
I dont recall all of the meds
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

2014 - 2018
Chris [nurse at CCRM Colorado] was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her...the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The entire staff is absolutely impeccable. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and have high standards of communication between patients and staff. Their precise and diligent. When multiple appointments are scheduled, they run seamlessly with little wait time in between. I always leave impressed with their professionalism, yet engaging personalities.
My entire family felt heard, valued, and understood. It was a medical experience we've seldom had elsewhere.
Chris was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We trust Dr. G as we would an old friend. He clearly stated expectations and our course of action with compassion and clarity. He listened to our concerns and questions and delicately give an explanation. His positive attitude paired with his expertise were exactly what my family needed each visit. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. We have the utmost respect for Dr. G and had the most positive experience we could have with medical care under the supervision of Dr. G.
You are fortunate to be in his care.
My insurance did not cover any of the cost of my initial IVF treatment, or my second transfer. Therefore, the cost was high, I'd prefer not to state specifics, but the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Based on my age and health, Dr. G was incredibly clear that we should only transfer 1 embryo. I will forever be grateful for his guidance specifically on that subject. Due to his diligence, my son was born healthy and with no complications, and I am currently pregnant and hoping for the same outcome.
Louisville

The clinic [CCRM] is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
There truly are no words to describe how appreciative we are of the Dr and his nurses/clinic for taking our case and trying everything without fear, and for it to end in success makes it even more special. They were so kind, reliable, and cared so genuinely throughout our process. Given my commute from CA, they were on it! My calendar was known weeks in advance and I only had to travel there 3 times, and they told me exactly what I needed to do via phone and email. Their honesty and positive attitude also went a long way with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
AMAZING!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and ran that clinic more than the doctors did at times. They were reliable and very detail oriented.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I actually referred a colleague to him and he was also great with her. He is honest, kind, and very aware of our specific struggles both emotionally and physically. He communicated exactly what I told him that I needed, and he was available if I ever needed him or his team. Very reliable.
He is very positive, and honest - be prepared for that. He wants you to succeed as much as you do.
Given I had multiple miscarriages and he had files form 2 prior doctors, he wasnt afraid to go full court press and have me take acai supplements, growth hormone, testosterone, along with the other usual injections. The lab at CCRM is amazing and very thorough.
Insurance didnt pay for anything so all was out of pocket and costs similar to other fertility clinics
He only allowed for us to transfer one to avoid twinning since that would cause a high risk pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[CCRM] Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well....Our nurse was excellent, as was anyone we spoke to or dealt with. They knew what they were doing and were organized. As a healthcare provider myself I always encourage my patients to always advocate for themselves. And I’m happy to say at CCRM they are SO on top of their game that rarely do you have to worry about that...One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well. There is not much worse then having to sit next to a pregnant person while going to visit your fertility specialist. Infertility clinics and OB clinic‘s should never be in the same building as each other. Weaknesses: cannot think of anything.
Dr Gustofson was very personable and made us feel at ease immediately. He answered all of our questions and was/is a very kind person. Infertility is so hard, but he gave us hope when we felt hopeless.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was kind, available, honest, helpful, and sincere. We really cannot say enough about him or put into words just how grateful we are to have him as our doctor. If we had a question we were able to email him directly and he would always respond in a very timely manner. I do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is struggling with infertility.
If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask, be honest, and trust him !
Dr G used protocol 5 for us. He had a plan like nothing we had ever thought possible and it definitely wasn’t a “one size fits all” like we had at our previous clinic. I don’t remember too many specifics. We primed with human growth hormone and both testosterone patches and gel. I was also taking viagra during my stimulation which included menopur and follistim.
One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.
Lone Tree

CCRM has mostly strengths—their super structured, diligent practice delivers results in a reasonable timeline. Infertility is not fast, it is not cheap. I don't believe one can go in thinking it is. CCRM handles the process as perfectly as one can.... We spent around 24k for retrieval & transfer with with CCS. This included all labs and scans for both. Not included was meds which were around 6k. We spent another 10k on surgeries and in-office hysterscopies. Our full day of tests cost around 4-5k. Travel was additional.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After 7 years of infertility, Dr. Gustofson used the perfect balance of science and humanity to treat us. He spent time to get to know my body and both my husband and I. He never gave up or doubted my body's ability to do this even though maybe I had. He restored my faith that this body is capable of miracles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sarah)
Nurse Sarah was thoughtful, diligent and the perfect match for my needs. She understand all that we had been through and was understanding when I needed a quick phone chat to run through details, again.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson brought the perfect balance of science and humanity. His bedside manner was just what a 7 year infertility patient whose lost hope in her body needs. He has a genuine love of life, people and a passion for what he does. His approach (as well as CCRM's) is super structured, extremely diligent which allows him to move through patient challenges and resolve them in an appropriate timeline. Within 1 day, we had all the answers we needed to correct our 7 year battle. Dr. Gustofson built a strategic plan that day and for 13 months we followed it diligently. We are currently 11 weeks pregnant. Our success is directly related to his knowledge, diligence and surgical skillset.
Trust him, no matter how much your hope has diminished. There is a reason he requires all the tests he does—they provide him immense knowledge and give him all the tools he needs to make the most educated plan for you. No matter what has happened in your past, trust that he will lead you down the right one.
When we met with Dr. Gustofson in May of 2017, he diagnosed us with a uterine infection (endometritis), a polyp and a septum (one that was supposidly removed 3 previous times). He created a plan that included—a 2 month treatment to remove inflammation and the infection, then a hysterscopy with septum resection, a follow-up in office hysterscopy to confirm the septum, infection and scar tissue were no longer, a mock cycle to test my responsiveness, a uterine biopsy (Beta 3 Integrins Test), another follow-up in office hysterscopy, a retrieval (midluteal oral estrogen priming antagonist protocol), another follow-up in office hysterscopy with endo scratch and FET (Blast, BCPs/Lupron/Suppository/P4 in Oil QOD. All procedures were smooth. The most important step we believe was the constant checking of my uterus to confirm what had been done to it, was in fact done and showing the intended results. As a patient who has a thin lining due to multiple D&Cs, this step was essential. I was told previously that I had Asherman's—Dr. Gustofson never mentioned he. He in fact, never was intimidated by my uterus. Baby step, by baby step, he treated it and scrubbed my uterus till it was in the most perfect state. We tested meds till we found the right ones. In fact, we almost did not transfer because there was fluid in my uterus (which had happened in the past) HOWEVER we did because he believed in it. He said the fluid was mucosa and would go away, if not, they'd suction. Well, transfer day is was gone. He was right, AGAIN and we are currently 11 weeks pregnant.
We transferred 1 very high quality embryo and it worked. Due to thin lining, we felt 1 was best.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. ...My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. I will say that absolutely get treated at the Lousiville office if you can - they definitely have a better nursing staff and a more friendly vibe than the Lone Tree office (you go there on weekends regardless). My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for. I have heard they have hired someone new to hopefully improve things, so just know that the billing side will be tough. The quality of the care far outweighs the frustrations with the billing however!
I always felt like a person, not a number with Dr. G, despite CCRM being a big clinic. He always had plenty of time to answer our questions, no matter how small or dumb they may have seemed, and also understood the emotional turmoil we were going through. He also treated us as a couple which made my husband and I feel more like a united front in our goal to start a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Started with Melissa, transfered to Carolyn after she left)
I started off with a wonderful nurse named Melissa. Right after my first IVF FET transfered failed, she left very abruptly which felt like such a kick in the gut when I was down. Despite that, CCRM seamlessly helped me transition to Carolyn, who was equally as wonderful. She has been a fertility nurse for years and you could tell she knew exactly what she was doing. She was very willing to answer all my endless questions and always got back to me really quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I can't recommend Dr. G highly enough. I felt like he was 100% committed to getting and keeping me pregnant from the day we first met with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manner, both of which I knew I needed for this journey. That said, he always explains everything with solid data behind it, and really clearly described every step along the way so that we had a full understand of the treatment, risks, success rates etc. I also appreciated that he was honest with the success rates and only addressed live birth rates, since getting pregnant and having a miscarriage accomplishes nothing but heartbreak. We went through a very difficult period after the egg retrieval where my lining simply wouldn't get thick enough to transfer an embryo, despite every trick in the book. Dr. G never lost faith, and did an unusual protocol for me that they hardly ever do, but he was confident it would work in my situation. It did, and I'm now pregnant! I can't recommend him highly enough if you are just starting out, or have almost given up at other clinics. It is so important to have complete trust in the RE steering the ship for you.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand your treatment, success rates etc. He is incredibly patient and understanding. He and his wife went through fertility treatment, so I think he understands the anxieties more than most doctors. Another tip? If you're at a crossroads in your treatment, ask him what he would do in your situation if it was him/his wife. He'll give you the real honest answer which can sometimes be different than the doctor answer, and can be a valuable data point to help make your decision.
3 IUI's with increasing amounts of femera - all negative IVF with gonal-f, menapur, cetratide No trigger due to possible OHSS - I really appreciated this last minute change Fertilized with ICSI due to MFI Freeze all cycle so we could do CCS testing - 14 day 5 embryos After testing, 13 were normal (he advised against the testing due to my age of 31, we did it for piece of mind) 1st transfer attempt with estrogen priming - cancelled due to thin lining 2nd transfer attempt with increased estrogen, estrogen shots and viagra - proceed with 6.4mm very boarderline lining. Very tough call for both of us. Transferred 1 embryo and test was negative. 3rd transfer attempt - He said he was bringing out the "big guns" with completely different protocol called a Stim FET. I was on gonal-f and cetratide to stimulate my lining with my own estrogen, since my lining got to 8 during my egg retrieval cycle. He also had me do viagra again, and do the Antihistamine protocol of pregnisone, claritin and pepcid in case my immune system was rejecting the embryo. This doozy of meds got me to a 7.2mm lining, and we transferred two embryos. His recommendation was still to do one, but he was willing to do 2 at our request since the lining protocol was so tough for me, and we were ok with the prospect of twins. That cycle worked and I'm now 12 weeks with B/G twins!
All in start to finish, we spent about $65k.
He very strongly pushes for eSET for the first transfer if your prognosis is good. The general rule at CCRM is two single transfers with CCS embryos, then doing a double transfer if both fail. In our case we were so wrecked after the first failure, and the drugs I had to take for each transfer attempt were essentially all the IVF stim meds (with the associated cost as well) that he didn't have a problem with our request to transfer 2 embryos on our second try. For reference, all our transfers were with CCS tested embryos. He was honest about the risks of multiples and the goal for one healthy baby. He's not interested in you "trying" for twins, and he's absolutely right. But, if you get to the point where its just not happening, he's absolutely willing to adjust course and put in more than 1.

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff [CCRM Colorado] have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.... $60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.
Dr. G is a warm and caring individual and always made me feel like a human. It was his personality and affect that would help to soften the blow of bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
From the start, Monica was very helpful and a great support through my 4 cycles. She was very caring and understanding and great about answering my many questions. All was excellent with Monica until my embryos were sent for PGS testing. There was a snafu and lack of communication that most likely began with Monica. It was not resolved until I pushed and pushed. It caused many days of heartache and unnecessary stress.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would highly recommend Dr. G. He was honest about the odds, but still could be very personable and warm. I never felt rushed and could always ask as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable. He was also very available via the clinic's portal and answered emails within 1 business day. There were also a few occasions when he called me to discuss my situation. I appreciated the personal touches. I would have no concerns about recommending him to anyone.
Always ask questions. He will share all of his knowledge and expertise.
Being over 40 years old with no other challenges, he tried a typical protocol for retrieval. When I'd ovulated prior to retrieval, he switched up the protocol and monitored more closely to prevent premature ovulation. That second cycle didn't produce the desired amount of eggs. He'd then recommended embryo banking. The next two cycles were more successful given the changes he'd made to encourage more eggs. Unfortunately PGS testing revealed that age contributed negatively and all tested embryos were abnormal.
$60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
I appreciated that Dr. G was able to regroup after each cycle to come up with a game plan that worked for me.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it... I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal...CCRM was not the right fit for us. It's the most expensive option and there are just so many patients that you can feel lost in the shuffle...Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change...I really loved how I was always able to talk with a nurse when I called, even if mine was unavailable. The nurses were all very kind and helpful. It was clear they could look up my case and talk through it on the phone which was very helpful. I was able to email or call.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it. However, there are other great practices in Colorado that people from all over the country also come to. They are an IVF machine and have great success rates. I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal.
Dr. Barton is overall kind and direct. She seemed to remember me and my case fine. She expressed her condolences for our difficult year of recurrent early miscarriages.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
I wish I would have looked up more reviews before having Dr. Barton as my doctor. Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change. As other reviews state, Dr. Barton is incredibly direct. I selected a female doctor as I felt they would be able to relate more but I was left wishing for more bedside manner. Some patients may view her directness as an asset and prefer it but it was not the right fit for us.
Dr. Barton did a full workup of tests. I was put on Progesterone Supplements following positive OPK.
Our general testing was about $1500 in blood work. Each ultrasound was $300. My first visit with Dr. Barton was $250 and my re-group was included in our package.

PCOS, Unexplained
Clinic itself [CCRM] is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinic itself is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
He is great in every way. Explains things in a simple way. Great, funny, professional personality. Answers every question. I never felt like "just a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
We were assigned to Melissa, who was the best nurse we could have asked for with this process. Unfortunately she quit after our third IUI.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Couldn't ask for a better provider for our journey. He is great in every way. I have no complaints about him as a provider. He is compassionate about what he does and wants to best possible outcome for his patients. Eases my anxiety about this journey and focuses on my needs for treatment.
IUI x 3 with letrozole - 5 days at 5 mg. Injection of pregnyl or novarel for trigger. Several ultrasounds throughout. Follow up as needed depending on test results. 1-2 mature follicles for each round. Negative pregnancy tests x 3 but I responded well to the medications and changes he made along the way based on test results.
Our costs were affordable as my insurance covers 50% IUI, labs, other tests. It does not cover IVF so we won't be able to afford that.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic.... CCRM is a well-oiled machine.... The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost.... there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a well-oiled machine. It’s one of the top clinics in the US and it is easy to see why. The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost. It is expensive. But in this business, everything is expensive. One thing that was different from my other doctor was there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward but I understand it’s best to have the full picture about each patient before you start stabbing into the dark with treatments.
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic. However, when we met with Dr. Surrey for the first time, he took the time to get to know us and our circumstances. He did a great job at explaining our problems and identifying the solution. He didn’t sugar coat the truth, but he was very optimistic. It was about a year between appointments for us and it felt like we picked up right where we left off which really impressed me.
Taylor is great. I’m alwYs happiest when I get to see or talk to her. Kind, organized, and personable, she helps this confusing world of follicles, medications, and procedures less daunting. I’m grateful for her advocating for me in my behalf.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
The only thing I wish was different is more contact with Dr. Surrey. Right now we are only doing IUI, which I feel in a sense makes us less of a priority. However, when I have questions or concerns and I convey them to his nurse, she always communicates his responses within 24 hours. Since I’m not the only infertile person, I understand his time is limited and I have never felt like he doesn’t care about me as his patient, even if I am just doing IUI right now. Our first meeting, he was so personable and kind. He learned my husband and I were both students and he gave us a discount on our services. He didn’t have to do that, but he was kind enough to offer that help for us. I feel like that really speaks to his character.
Don’t be frustrated when you don’t see him every appointment.
Dr. Surrey started us out on Letrazole because he said it was a better medication than clomid. He provided the research to back up his choice and felt very confident it would work for us. Day 2-5, ultrasound and blood draw to make sure we are good to go ahead with the meds. Day 5-9 letrazole. Day 12 ultrasound for follicle check. Depending on size and number of follicles, there may be a follow up ultrasound. Trigger shot of ovidrel exactly 12 hrs before IUI. My body didn’t respond as well the 2nd and 3rd time so we weren’t able to proceed with the actual IUI.
$350 for primary consult $150 for doctor follow up meeting $200 per ultra sound $100 for hcg blood test HSG $500 $150 for sperm analysis $185 per sperm wash (x2 if freezing sperm for use) I can’t remeber how much the actual IUI is but I think they estimate around $3000 with meds and ultrasounds/blood work and the procedure.
Lone Tree

The office [CCRM Colorado] is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.... The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.... Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The office is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.
Dr Gustofson is a very kind man who treated me and my husband like real people that he cares about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn )
She is very thorough and if she isn’t sure on anything she asks the doctor and gets right back to me.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson was very thorough and knowledgeable. You can tell he loves what he does and understands how emotionally draining the process is. We always felt comfortable and in good hands. We had 2 transfers that ended in miscarriage. As heartbreaking as that was, we never felt like Dr Gustofson was to blame. We’ve had several Doctors that we felt it was more about the money to them and we were just a number. We have never felt that way with him. He came highly recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist.
If you’re ready to make the IVF jump, you can fully trust Dr Gustofson and his team. It’s a scary journey and you should feel confident in your Dr. You will find that with him.
I had a blood test that came back elevated in a certain area which meant my blood was too thick. So after each transfer I took daily injections of Lovenox to thin it out and prevent blood clots. With the 2nd transfer they did an antihistamine protocol which included a steroid, allergy med, and heartburn med. It is a protocol they follow if the first transfer was unsuccessful. After both miscarriages they had me come in for bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything had passed and my hormone levels were returning to normal. With the first miscarriage Dr Gustofson said he thought it was a fluke and the embryo had a cardio or neurological problem. But after the second miscarriage he said he thinks there is something else besides the PCOS going on with my body and they need to do more testing. He doesn’t want to keep doing transfers when obviously something is wrong.
Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs. Each medication varied expense wise. Some were under $50 and others were a couple hundred dollars. In total they probably cost about $800. The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.

IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing [at CCRM], I believe we spent just under $40,000...I do think that the CCRM doctors are great. However, the CCRM nursing staff are overworked and the business office is awful. Everytime I have to deal with the nurses or the business office I wonder why I put myself through this added stress just to see Dr. Surrey.
IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt that Dr. Surrey knew who my husband and I were. However, I felt like a number with the CCRM business office and nursing staff. It was very difficult to communicate with the nurses and business office to where it made me think about leaving CCRM all together.
When you need to contact the nursing staff you call the CCRM main number and you leave a message with the nursing staff. Your assigned nurse is suppose to contact you, but you can also have anyone in the nursing staff return your call. It usually took about 5 hours to get a call back. One time I left two messages on a Friday, never got a call back. My call wasn't returned until Tuesday morning.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey did show compassion and I do feel like he wanted us to have a family. I wish that he did look more into my husband's sperm issues and did more tests for him. After our egg retrieval he recommended more tests for my husband which we asked before we even did our egg retrieval and he said it wasn't necessary.
Before meeting with Dr. Surrey, prepare all the questions that you have. Our meetings with him were less than 10 mins (both in person and on the phone).
I did the CCRM vitamin cocktail and Acai for 3 months prior to my egg retrieval. I did the antagonist protocol and used menopur and gonal-f, and Lupron for a trigger. I did stems for 9 days. My follicle count was 21 and we retrieved 14 eggs, 5 to blast and 2 were ccs tested normal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
They had monitoring times where you could go in for blood work.
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing, I believe we spent just under $40,000.
I did not do a FET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Becca [a nurse at CCRM] has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.... They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best. They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Dr. Surrey has always been kind while still being scientific and calculated. He never rushed me while we were talking in person or on the phone. He is a numbers and percentage type doctor while having a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca Cain)
Becca has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very honest and detail oriented focusing on percentage rates and numbers. What sets him apart to me is that he is so kind and treats me like a human who longs to be a mother. He gets that! And I truly feel like he's on my team rooting for me, trying to help me make the best decisions to get me that baby. He has a super funny personality that you don't ever really see in most doctors. I appreciate his humor and it makes this process a little more fun and light. I don't have my baby yet but I know he's doing everything he can to help me...and he cares.
Appreciate his humor and time. Take your time with him, he gives you his undivided attention. Try to think of any questions you have and write them down so you don't get sidetracked and forget.
With retrieval #1, I started with estrace morning and night for 7 days. Then I started 2 vials of menopur each morning along with 20 units of Lupron morning and night, and 300 units of gonal-f and dexamethasone at night. Dr. Surrey added in 2 vials of menopur at night and upping my gonal-f to 450 units for the last 6 days of stims to try to help move things along. I stimmed for 15 days and got pretty sick which Dr. Surrey thinks it was from the Lupron. Retrieval #2 went a little more smooth as he left the Lupron out and see if that would help keep the headaches down, and it did! I took 2 vails of menopur in the morning, 5 days of 35mg of omnitrope at night, and then 450 units of gonal-f, 100mg of clomid and .5mg of dexamethasone at night. Cetrotide was added in for the last 4 days of stims and my total days of stim meds was 14 days where I then took 3 trigger shots of 10,000 units of pregnyl and 2 shots from the leuprolide acetate trigger kit. Retrieval #3 was the same protocol as #2.
Physician cost $19,694; lab fees $30,166; anesthesia $2,850, facility fees $10,842; approximate medication costs $32,400; FET $5,445.00
I have a slightly T shaped uterus so Dr. Surrey recommended only one embryo transfer at a time. He said he would complete 2 of I really wanted to but it would decrease my successful delivery by 22%.
Lone Tree

Overall, I have felt that the staff [CCRM] has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.... I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time.... When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong.... I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
Des