Genetic counseling: Offered
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?

3 IVF, Surrogacy
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

IVF, Donor Eggs
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she [Dr. Kondapalli] is your lady!...Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc.
all the random questions I sent her [nurse at CCRM], she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations...I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very kind and warm, and considering the delicacy of the situation, always knew how to say the right thing. She never gave us false promise, but gave us enough hope with the actual facts based on our unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she is your lady!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli knew us by name, even when she ran into us in the waiting room or hallway and we weren't scheduled to see her! She was always so supportive, personable (remembering small details about our life and situation), and overall did an excellent job.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc. After that, the process was pretty "normal". Getting donor eggs, fertilizing, genetic testing (which CCRM highly advises and even though it adds about $6k more, makes sure you don't transfer an embryo that is defective or will miscarry), and then the transfer. I really feel that all of the tiny precautions and extra steps Dr. K and CCRM build into their process increase the chance for success, and give them credit for us successfully getting pregnant on our first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
Kristi was UNBELIEVABLY amazing. She was always quick to reply, gave me thorough answers, celebrated with me when things went well, and empathized when they didn't. Every time I got worried, she reassured me and made me feel better. And all the random questions I sent her, she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations. Beyond Kristi, Dale, Helen and the other nursing team were wonderful. They quickly replied if Kristi wasn't available and were always very knowledgeable and supportive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a wonderful clinic that I would highly recommend. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe they are more expensive than others. That said, I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
To get from zero to transfer, we spent about $55,000. This was all out of pocket! We lucked out that the medication was covered by insurance (but nothing else), and only had to spend about $1000 on that. I've heard it can be $5-10k if you pay in full.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
No comments, we had a pretty good chance of success and definitely did not want twins so very easily made the decision to opt for eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

While [Dr. Gustofson's] bedside/consultation manner could feel a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various parts of our protocol...He also looked more thoroughly into Zika travel recommendations to help make some important international work trips possible before our IVF/retrieval and FET procedures.
$30,495 (before insurance reimbursement): covers one cycle of IVF including PESA, ICSI and FET. Does not include pharmacy (medications) and some labs [at CCRM Colorado]...The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We can't argue with Dr. G's results: the protocol he designed resulted in 4 viable embryos (3 after CCS) on the first IVF attempt, and caused me minimal discomfort while on retrieval and transfer medications. While his bedside/consultation manner could seem a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various recommendations/requirements in our treatment. (For example, we wondered why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up, when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes. Dr. G. sighed and explained that Vitamin D had shown early promise as making a big difference, but now the pendulum was swinging back toward skepticism. In the meantime there was no evidence that boosting Vitamin D hurt IVF outcomes, so they continued to require &gt;30 while the research dust settled.) He also looked more thoroughly into Zika travel recommendations to help make some important international work trips possible before our IVF/retrieval and FET procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, especially if you've done your homework via sites like FertilityIQ and have your checklist of things you want to know. Dr. G may sometimes seem like he's trying to move things along quickly, but he means it when he says "do you have any other questions for me?" and will answer thoughtfully - or he'll check and get back to you within a day or so if he doesn't know the answer right away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
While his bedside/consultation manner could feel a bit fake-jolly, he always made time to answer as many questions as we had in each session, responded promptly to questions we submitted through the online portal, and provided thoughtful responses when we asked about the evidence behind various parts of our protocol (e.g., why the clinic still required getting Vitamin D levels up when it isn't clear that it makes a difference for IVF outcomes).
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Our profile: Male factor infertility (10+ year old vasectomy) Advanced age (male age 48, female age 40) Female history of large fibroid and asymptomatic endometriosis (removed by laparoscopic myomectomy & lasering 3 years before) This was our first time attempting to get pregnant. At Dr. G's recommendation, we decided to skip the low-probability steps of reversing a vasectomy, waiting for sperm counts to normalize, and trying naturally or with lighter assistance before advancing to IVF. (We also figured keeping the vasectomy in place was useful, as we only intend to have 1 child.) Retrieval/IVF protocol: Estrace (estrogen) Cetrotide (GnRH blocker) Menopur (FSH+LH) Gonal-F (Injectable FSH) Omnitrope (hGH) Trigger with Lupralide (GnRH agonist) Supported with doxycycline (antibiotic) and dexamethosone (corticosteroid) as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D Retrieval/IVF results: 15 eggs retrieved 13 fertilized via ICSI 8 survived to Day 3 4 survived to Day 5 3 tested as euploid (CCS) Transfer protocol: Lupron Depot (endometriosis & fibroid suppression, 2x monthly injection prior to Cycle Day 1) Birth control pill (cycle timing control) Estradiol patches Crinone (progesterone) Progesterone in Oil (progesterone) Supported by Medrol (steroid to prevent embryo rejection), doxycycline (antibiotic), and aspirin as well as daily prenatal vitamin + 5,000 IU Vitamin D FET results: Uterine lining and hormone levels (P4, E2, TSH, LH) all at desired levels at transfer Pregnancy and live birth TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
The nurses and clinic staff were generally great to work with - but were also the source of our biggest frustrations in the process, as multiple times we received contradictory, incomplete, or simply incorrect information, which we only caught because we had our own detailed spreadsheet and calendar. A few examples: 1. I had to travel for work to Zika countries between retrieval and FET, and was instructed just to call on Cycle Day 1 after I was back in the country. However, as we found out later, the 2 months of Lupron Depot I had complete first could have been done while I was abroad, as the Zika waiting period is 8 weeks. When I did call on Cycle Day 1 upon my return, the nurses were about to start me on a standard pre-FET protocol (birth control, etc.) until I reminded them that Lupron Depot was part of my treatment. At that point it was already too late to order and administer the Lupron Depot during that cycle, so we were delayed by yet another month. 2. We were told at the outset to get male communicable disease testing "close to retrieval date" and had planned accordingly, only to be told 2 weeks prior to retrieval that his communicables were late and had to be done within 24 hours - a significant disruption to both our busy work schedules. 3. After one set of labs I was told that I would need to extend one medication that I'd already finished by an extra 1-2 days; my fertility pharmacy was not local and had already closed for the day. I ended up having to take half a day off work to get a refill from a local (but faraway) fertility pharmacy. 4. I received contradictory information from different sources in the clinic whenever my treatment deviated from the norm - such as the 2 months of Lupron Depot mentioned above, the dosage schedule for Crinone (what my insurance allowed) instead of Endometrin, and the date of my pregnancy test (calculated for July 4, but split into two tests on July 3 and 5 to accommodate the holiday). Overall, I got in the regular habit of asking "Could you please double-check that that's what Dr. G specified in my file? Because I heard something different the last time I called." All that being said, all the nurses and staff were friendly, efficient and responsive, and I did receive prompt calls with my lab results and regular nurse consultations to go over my treatment plan (where we caught a number of these ambiguities/errors).
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Results and communication. We were really impressed by how I responded to the protocol pretty much exactly as predicted, as did our eggs and embryos - it built a lot of trust in Dr. G, as well as the embryologists and other technicians. And we appreciated how every care provider proactively communicated with us (e.g., after every lab and before every procedure) and was willing to spend time to answer any and all questions. Administrative departments were also great, from scheduling to billing to sending paperwork. The finance department was also very helpful in answering questions we had about the costs and options for payment/reimbursement. Weaknesses: Imperfect coordination across care providers. Contradictory information was our main frustration in this process, and it usually stemmed from the Lone Tree staff having different information/assumptions than the Louisville staff, or whoever answered the phone assuming standard operating procedure with our treatment when there were important changes/adjustments made by Dr. G in our file. What you should know: As with any clinic and fertility treatment, be prepared to be more organized than anyone else involved in your care, and to press for clarification/correction whenever something doesn't match your understanding or simply doesn't feel right to you. These are caring professionals who share your goal of a successful pregnancy, and they have an impressive track record of making that happen. But they are still an imperfect operation, especially when it comes to coordinating the little details, so make sure to stay on top of those yourself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. G strongly recommended eSET based on our profile (no history of miscarriage) and preference to have one child. During our first consultation he did write out the statistical rates of success and complication risk for single vs. multiple, and let us make the choice.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
+ Read more- Read less

However, when I did touch base with Dr. K [Kondapalli] for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine. ... Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. ... The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse.
They [CCRM] might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. ... I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. ... You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
They [CCRM Colorado- Denver] did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.

11 Eggs Frozen
I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton...and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Strengths [of staff at CCRM Colorado]: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend... Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
11 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton was kind, knowledgeable, and professional. She listened and was understanding and helped me understand the good and the possible bad that could happen. Overall, I really appreciated my time with her and am so grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Be honest and open!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I had the best experience at CCRM. In July of last year, I went to a different endocrinologist who gave me a pretty bleak fertility outlook and who presented the news in a very unprofessional manner. After grieving for a few weeks, I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton at CCRM, and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Britney)
Britney was so amazing. Was always available to answer my questions. Really appreciated how she walked me through how to do all the injections. I felt super supported and cared for the entire time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I really appreciated that the team worked around my busy morning work schedule. I got to know the ultrasound staff and felt seen and heard at every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
$800 consultation fee, $17k for the entire egg retrieval process (includes both procedure and medications)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
While CCRM is a large clinic, Dr G [Gustofson] does a fantastic job of making us feel cared for and seen as people over numbers. ... Dr. G performed a full work up before determining a course of treatment for us. He individualizes every persons care. Due to my specific condition, I was put on 250 units of Clomid, rather than the more typical 100 units. ... He remembers us and our names each time we see him, he asks about our family members by name, and he never rushes the appointment. We always spend at least 10 minutes chatting and catching up on life before delving into any procedural stuff.
The clinic [CCRM] is calm, clean, and well run. At times, you’ll wait a little longer than your appointment time but this is not a common occurrence. Making appointments is easy and they usually have several options. The transitions between rooms is smooth and comfortable. The office suite is a bit hard to find as it is in a wing of a hospital and on an upper floor, so maybe they should provide better direction on where to go when you get there the first time.
European, Latino, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Each time we get to see Dr G it is a truly wonderful experience. He explains everything in a way that we can understand it. For example, instead of throwing the name of a medication at us and moving on, he will show us what it looks like and tell us exactly what it does when it is administered. He cares about us as people and is honest while remaining compassionate. He and his wife have struggled with infertility making him especially relatable and easy to talk to. The one downfall is that Dr G simply determines the course of treatment and monitors it to see if it needs adjustment, but we don’t see him for any minor procedures like IUIs. And unless your retrieval day falls on the days he works at the main office, another doctor will perform your procedure. They do make sure that your doctor is there for your embryo transfer though. He is an incredibly kind and knowledgeable doctor.
Be honest with him and ask as many questions as possible. He will describe everything he can, but it’s up to you to leave with the information you want and need. He will take the time to answer them.
While CCRM is a large clinic, Dr G does a fantastic job of making us feel cared for and seen as people over numbers. He remembers us and our names each time we see him, he asks about our family members by name, and he never rushes the appointment. We always spend at least 10 minutes chatting and catching up on life before delving into any procedural stuff.
Dr. G performed a full work up before determining a course of treatment for us. He individualizes every persons care. Due to my specific condition, I was put on 250 units of Clomid, rather than the more typical 100 units. For IVF, I was on Menopur, Ganirellix, Gonal F, Clomid, and one other that I can’t remember the name of. I was monitored via ultrasound and blood draw each day to determine if a dosage change was needed. It did change often for the best results possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine Gallagher )
Each patient is assigned to a nurse. Christine was our nurse and she is the best nurse I have ever had in any medical capacity. She is knowledgeable, kind, organized, and an incredible communicator. She is always available for patients to ask any questions or express any worries or thoughts. She never hesitates to comfort people and she only has the best interest of patients in mind. She shared in our sadness at each failed treatment and celebrates the great parts too. She is also an incredible advocate for everyone and takes the appropriate information back to Dr G
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is calm, clean, and well run. At times, you’ll wait a little longer than your appointment time but this is not a common occurrence. Making appointments is easy and they usually have several options. The transitions between rooms is smooth and comfortable. The office suite is a bit hard to find as it is in a wing of a hospital and on an upper floor, so maybe they should provide better direction on where to go when you get there the first time.
All the costs are pretty transparent on their website but we spent about $600/IUI and the cost of our IVF was $14,667 and we paid $4,000 with insurance. This included all medication and procedures
Our doctor does single embryo transfers for most patients. He cares about the safety and well-being of women and their babies, which is why he prefers single transfers. He will take this as a case by case basis though.

2019 - 2020
Dr. G [Gustofson] encouraged us to go right into IVF, which was unsurprising, given my diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I were more hesitant as we've been successfully pregnant naturally before and wanted to at least try medicated cycles before spending thousands on IVF. Dr. G supported us in this decision and we made changes with each medicated cycle. Our first two cycles were timed intercourse with letrozole.
We've now had experiences with all the other nurses (I think) in the CCRM Louisville office and they are all wonderful. They are all compassionate, organized, extremely responsive, and very knowledgeable.... CCRM is one of the best clinics in the country - they have an excellent lab and they use cutting edge technology.... For 4 medicated cycles, it was approximately $750-1000 per cycle. One IVF cycle will be approximately $24,000.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I am grateful that Dr. G is 15 minutes from my house as he is a world-renowned RE. My husband and I feel that he looks out for our best interests and truly wants to help us get pregnant. He is honest, direct, and compassionate. He is easy to communicate with and at appointments we have never felt rushed.
Be honest with what you want out of your fertility journey so that Dr. G has a good starting point.
Dr. G is honest, direct, and compassionate. At first, his directness felt at odds with his very cheery manner (especially when he's not delivering great news) but I appreciate it now. He is extremely responsive (even to emails!) and is open to patient requests. I pushed for a treatment to thicken my lining and while it's not something that he's utilized before, he approved it. I feel he has our best interest at heart.
Dr. G encouraged us to go right into IVF, which was unsurprising, given my diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I were more hesitant as we've been successfully pregnant naturally before and wanted to at least try medicated cycles before spending thousands on IVF. Dr. G supported us in this decision and we made changes with each medicated cycle. Our first two cycles were timed intercourse with letrozole. Our second two cycles were IUI with letrozole. We upped the dose up the letrozole to 10mg by the third round because I was the most responsive to that. He also put me on estrogen and progesterone to help with my lining issues. I am about to start priming for my first egg retrieval with him. I have a full month of priming on testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine G)
My nurse is Christine G. and she is excellent. We've now had experiences with all the other nurses (I think) in the CCRM Louisville office and they are all wonderful. They are all compassionate, organized, extremely responsive, and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is one of the best clinics in the country - they have an excellent lab and they use cutting edge technology. Dr. Schoolcraft is one of the most reputable REs in the world. Their main Lone Tree office felt a little sterile to me compared to the cozy Louisville office, but I really have no other comments.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
European, Latino
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo
+ Read more- Read less

Based on my age and diagnostic results, Dr. Gustofson recommended a single embryo transfer...took time to listen to our background and specific wishes on how wanted our IVF cycle to look (for example, no ICSI). He was very supportive in tailoring our protocol to meet our personal wishes. We never felt rushed in our consultations. He also did a good job of explaining our diagnostic results...factual on what the options and success rates were. We appreciate candid and blunt answers, but also liked his bedside manner. When we had a successful retrieval and transfer, he personally called and visited us during our follow up ultrasounds. We felt he genuinely was excited for us and cared for our situation and follow up.
I appreciate that I can see and print results directly from the patient portal [at CCRM Colorado]. I asked that they always be placed there and they did. The nurses were good to call and let me know results as well - even if the results did not change any course of action I was on. CCRM is a big company, but I never felt like a number at this Louisville branch...we were not assigned a nurse when we started at CCRM. This caused some confusion and bounce around for awhile, but then were assigned the head nurse. Since is a smaller branch of CCRM, they do not assign IVF nurses specifically. This caused some confusion as well when we trying to manage an issue like period not starting so we could start the IVF cycle. Responses to issues like this really depended on which nurse we happened to get at each visit.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson took time to explain our diagnostic results and lay out our treatment options. I never felt pressured to take one course over another. He was just factual on what the options and success rates were. We appreciate candid and blunt answers, but also liked his bedside manner. When we had a successful retrieval and transfer, he personally called and visited us during our follow up ultrasounds. We felt he genuinely was excited for us and cared for our situation and follow up.
Don't be afraid to ask for details on your diagnostic testing and protocols. He is happy to share to the extent you want.
Dr. Gustofson took time to listen to our background and specific wishes on how wanted our IVF cycle to look (for example, no ICSI). He was very supportive in tailoring our protocol to meet our personal wishes. We never felt rushed in our consultations. He also did a good job of explaining our diagnostic results.
They expected a high egg retrieval count, so carefully monitored to make sure I didn't hyperstimulate. Luckily, I did not and credit this to the well thought out protocol and careful monitoring. We ended up bumping the retrieval date up one day earlier. We chose not to do ICSI and still had a very successful fertilization rate. Since we did not do CCS testing, we also had the option to do a fresh transfer. Since I did not hyperstimulate, this was possible and we had a successful fresh transfer.
For whatever reason, we were not assigned a nurse when we started at CCRM. This caused some confusion and bounce around for awhile, but then were assigned the head nurse. Since is a smaller branch of CCRM, they do not assign IVF nurses specifically. This caused some confusion as well when we trying to manage an issue like period not starting so we could start the IVF cycle. Responses to issues like this really depended on which nurse we happened to get at each visit.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I appreciate that I can see and print results directly from the patient portal. I asked that they always be placed there and they did. The nurses were good to call and let me know results as well - even if the results did not change any course of action I was on. CCRM is a big company, but I never felt like a number at this Louisville branch.
Based on my age and diagnostic results, Dr. Gustofson recommended a single embryo transfer. We agreed and that single embryo transfer resulted in a pregnancy.

2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The strategy [with Dr. Schoolcraft] was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals...Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
[CCRM Colorqado is] A beautiful facility...As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be...This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office...they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact...Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly...
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He’s a genius and his methods are cutting edge and thorough. Rather than do the bare minimum testing a troubleshoot later, I was happy to do all testing upfront. His clinic Is beautiful and comfortable and I always felt confident that success was in reach.
Dr. Schoolcraft is very soft spoken and quiet. Don’t let that throw you. He personalizes everyone’s treatment and while he stays behind the scenes, he is the one ensuring that treatment goes well.
Dr Schoolcraft sees a lot of patients and while he familiarizes himself with my file prior to each visit, I often wondered If he remembered who I was. That said, his bedside manner is very good and I was really happy when he called me to see how I was doing after my positive pregnancy test.
The strategy was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly. They made sure all my medications were ordered and when a provider didn’t cover one of the medications, the nurse team made sure to write my prescription in a way to ensure a portion of the particular drug was covered.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A beautiful facility As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office. They say that their business office takes away from the stress of IVF, but they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact.
Testing costs Lab costs Retrieval costs Freezing costs Transfer costs
I had my embryos CSS tested and had a lot of normal embryos. Because of this, we decided to transfer 1 embryo. Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During our 6 month journey...Dr. Surrey met with us multiple times in his office as well as called me personally a total of 5 times. He was always frank and optimistic with our results...After 3 doctors in the midwest could not figure us out...We could not be happier with Dr. Surrey solving our puzzle, but letting us know why the other treatments were not working...is honest and willing to modify treatments to make them work personally for you.
Our nurse Dawn [at CCRM] was always ready to answer my questions and promptly returned our phone calls and or emails... We were out of town patients from the Midwest, communication was key. Dawn was always prompt in answering phone calls and emails with questions. She always added a personal touch to each phone call and office visit. We loved working with Dawn and her staff!...Total costs for IVF and medications was about $40K. More than one round at other clinics, but worth the successful results!
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was frank and optomistic about our IVF journey. After 3 doctors in the midwest could not figure us out, we tried CCRM. We could not be happier with Dr. Surrey solving our puzzle, but letting us know why the other treatments were not working. Over the 6 months we were patients at CCRM I believe Dr. Surrey personally called me himself 5 times to speak about results or next steps and finally to congratulate us on a successful pregnancy via IVF at CCRM!
Come prepared to your office visits, phone consults, and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Surrey is honest and willing to modify treatments to make them work personally for you.
During our 6 month journey at CCRM Lonetree Dr. Surrey met with us multiple times in his office as well as called me personally a total of 5 times. He was always frank and optimistic with our results. Our nurse Dawn was always ready to answer my questions and promptly returned our phone calls and or emails. I would call CCRM the Disneyland of IVF it's more expensive than our previous clinics but the results are amazing. We are currently 4 months pregnant with our first child after 3.5 years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Our nurse Dawn held our hand the entire journey through our first round of IVF. We were out of town patients from the Midwest, communication was key. Dawn was always prompt in answering phone calls and emails with questions. She always added a personal touch to each phone call and office visit. We loved working with Dawn and her staff!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The CCRM Lonetree clinic is like Disneyland for IVF. It is more expensive than the other fertility clinics we had been previous patients, but the results are worth it. The personal level and attention to your specific treatment's detail is apparent. If you are struggling with infertility I strongly suggest a trip to CCRM for a one day work up evaluation. You won't want another doctor to treat you!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
The staff who works in the ultrasound and blood draw labs are a comfort while undergoing daily tests. They always provided a comfort and positive outlook on the situation. Dealing with patients undergoing fertility treatments is not for everyone, emotions are high, hormones are raging. They must handle us gently and they did!
Singleton embryo transfers have a higher success translating to pregnancy. One embryo is also safer for the mother to carry.

5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Surrey called me personally every time a procedure was coming up or with my results...is incredibly knowledgeable and realistic, but also very compassionate. He will tell you what his expertise tells him to do but is also open to listening to what you want out of your treatment. He is very attentive and adjusts protocols as needed to get the best results...Be open, honest, and blunt about your expectations and he will absolutely meet you in the middle.
My nurse Andrea [at CCRM Colorado] was wonderful and had amazing communication and explained things beautifully. If she wasn’t in or I called during off hours there was always a nurse or Doctor to assist me and help me with whatever I needed...I was able to make appointments that were easy for me, and never had to wait too long to be seen...is a huge clinic, but I never felt like a number or a statistic. Everything was customized to my needs with my diagnosis, and all through my treatment I would get daily calls on med adjustments depending on my numbers. I’ve heard of people comparing them to a baby factory, but that was never my experience.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is incredibly knowledgeable and realistic, but also very compassionate. He will tell you what his expertise tells him to do but is also open to listening to what you want out of your treatment. He is very attentive and adjusts protocols as needed to get the best results.
Dr. Surrey called me personally every time a procedure was coming up or with my results. My nurse Andrea was wonderful and had amazing communication and explained things beautifully. If she wasn’t in or I called during off hours there was always a nurse or Doctor to assist me and help me with whatever I needed.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea is the best!!! She got back to me immediately, and is so kind and compassionate. She called all of my meds in ASAP, there was never any issue with getting them on time. She cried with me through my failures and celebrated my triumphs. She made me feel like I mattered and I was worth caring about.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Yes, CCRM is a huge clinic, but I never felt like a number or a statistic. Everything was customized to my needs with my diagnosis, and all through my treatment I would get daily calls on med adjustments depending on my numbers. I’ve heard of people comparing them to a baby factory, but that was never my experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Since my insurance did not cover IVF, I remember it being very expensive. Around 30k - 60k.
Dr. Surrey followed the guidelines for our first transfer by only transferring one embryo. That one didn’t take so he let us opt to transfer 2 embryos for our second transfer. One of those implanted and we are currently pregnant.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice...He is honest and has a very well run clinic...We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect...I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft...We did a mock cycle that involved estradiol patches and additional estrogen and now I am just starting the cycle for the transfer. For the mock cycle my lining did get thick enough (I did monitoring through Emory)! For the transfer cycle, there are no results to report.
[CCRM Colorado is] Very organized. The portal takes you only to Dr. schoolcraft’s nurses. I also have their direct phone extensions. So when I call or email I know who to address it to and/or who I am going to talk to. That is reassuring. I don’t need to reexplain my case and they know me... The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is honest and has a very well run clinic. The main selling point is how organized they are. We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect. Also we have direct access to the same nurses all the time to respond to questions so I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft.
You may not get to talk to him much, but his nurses are too rate and you will feel like they really know your case.
He tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and Helen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very organized. It is a bit more expensive, but with the higher success rates and the quality of the care you get I think it’s worth the additional cost. Especially if we only have to one cycle (fingers crossed). If you are out of state like me you have to do your monitoring at a local clinic, which does require me to follow-up and be sure that clinic sends the info and the other receives it. That can be a pain. Especially if your local clinic isn’t invested in you as a patient.
We haven’t paid for everything yet. So far most was covered by insurance or from our HSA. The clinic is in network for me but the lab is out of network. The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
They are very strict about only transferring one embryo if you have high quality embryos. If they are not of high quality they may transfer two, but they make it clear that is not the norm.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Gustafson recommended a microdose lupron flare protocol since I have DOR. It worked much better for me than traditional antagonist cycles I’ve done in the past...We have a frozen embryo that we will likely transfer later by itself. Since we have trouble making blastocysts, Dr. G recommend a day 3 freeze all for our final cycle and put several embryos back. It worked!...correctly predicted my retrieval results without deviation. This man not only knows what he’s doing, but he genuinely cares. He made 11 changes to our treatment plan and wasn’t afraid to think outside the box. I’m currently pregnant from my first transfer ever! Wish I had come here first instead of as my third clinic.
Sarah [nurse at CCRM Colorado] is a dream. She felt like an old friend during my embryo transfer process. She’s lovely and sweet and responsive. Prior to that I had Katherine, who made a number of mistakes and was quite discouraging at one point during the retrieval process. Don’t be afraid to switch as they do have good nurses on staff!...I had one time where there was confusion over bloodwork. Since I was an IVF pro at that point, I knew what was supposed to be happening and easily had the orders fixed...It can feel like a machine but it’s one that knows what they’re doing. You will have to repeat most testing at your one day workup, but it is more through than others. I recommend starting the fertility evaluation process several months before you actually plan to do a retrieval. They had me participate in a study that added 12 weeks. From our first consult, the timeframe for three retrievals and transfer was 10 months, with a month off here and there for medical reasons and mental health vacations.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson is the only doctor at CCRM you can email directly. He called me himself with good news and bad, and also talked us into continuing a dismal looking cycle...that one turned out to be my best and resulted in my pregnancy.
Come with questions and he will explain everything. Trust him, he’s an expert.
My previous RE made me feel hopeless after I had zero embryos to freeze from multiple retrievals. I was told I needed donor eggs. Dr. Gustafson didn’t even believe my numbers and he was right once I had a new eval - things were better than expected! He also correctly predicted my retrieval results without deviation. This man not only knows what he’s doing, but he genuinely cares. He made 11 changes to our treatment plan and wasn’t afraid to think outside the box. I’m currently pregnant from my first transfer ever! Wish I had come here first instead of as my third clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katherine then Sarah)
Sarah is a dream. She felt like an old friend during my embryo transfer process. She’s lovely and sweet and responsive. Prior to that I had Katherine, who made a number of mistakes and was quite discouraging at one point during the retrieval process. Don’t be afraid to switch as they do have good nurses on staff!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We were fortunate to have some insurance. One day work up was about $5k. Our out of pocket cycle cost us $25k including transfer. Each additional retrieval is about $14k, plus meds which cost me $4-7k per retrieval.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Gustofson really cares about his patients, and takes the time to explain everything. When I approach him about alternative protocols, he takes the time to explain the positives and negatives of that particular approach. I've had 2 unsuccessful transfers and a chemical pregnancy with him, and he was empathetic and sincere when he called me...is a big proponent of eSET. He wants you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, and not have complications. However, he is willing to transfer two if you are aware of the risks...responds to emails quickly, and he calls with news from genetic testing to positive or negative betas. We can tell he really wants us to have a baby.
Retrievals [at CCRM Colorado] are ~$25,000 with genetic testing (not including meds) Transfers are ~$4500 (not including meds)...you can feel like a number at the actual clinic. The staff is friendly and always responsive, but everything is very "assembly line" in that you have one nurse who does the blood draw, another do the follicle scan, and another that explains your numbers to you, and none of them are your main point of contact nurse. However, as said, everyone is friendly, the clinic is very clean, and I didn't feel my care was ever compromised by their way of doing things.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson and CCRM are among the best of the best, but don't expect IVF to work the first time. You still have to be patient.
Dr. Gustofson responds to emails quickly, and he calls with news from genetic testing to positive or negative betas. We can tell he really wants us to have a baby.
Retrievals-gonal F, double menopur doses, testosterone gel and patches, viagra, estrace, prometrium, saizen, acai supplements, clomid, dexamethasone (antagonist protocol) Transfers-2 months depot lupron, estradiol patches, estrace, endometrin, PIO, prednisone, pepcid, claritin, lovenox, electro-acupuncture
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
Kathryn is great for the most part. There were a few times that I had to ask for refills/orders when I thought they should have already been taken care of, but overall a great experience.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is known for their lab, which is one of the best in the world. However, you can feel like a number at the actual clinic. The staff is friendly and always responsive, but everything is very "assembly line" in that you have one nurse who does the blood draw, another do the follicle scan, and another that explains your numbers to you, and none of them are your main point of contact nurse. However, as said, everyone is friendly, the clinic is very clean, and I didn't feel my care was ever compromised by their way of doing things.
Retrievals are ~$25,000 with genetic testing (not including meds) Transfers are ~$4500 (not including meds)
Dr. Gustofson is a big proponent of eSET. He wants you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, and not have complications. However, he is willing to transfer two if you are aware of the risks.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing

Unexplained, Other
My doctor personally called me after getting the negative pregnancy test after our first IVF transfer. She has made me feel hopeful and we look forward to our next transfer. ... Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. ... We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough.
The ladies [at CCRM Colorado] who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work. ... My nurse is very helpful and is quick to answer all questions and concerns. She was able to move around my schedule to accommodate my cycle that is a shorter luteal phase. Then, I misread my calendar and she worked with my doctor to get my schedule back on track so I didn’t need to skip a month.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
It’s been tough not knowing why we aren’t getting pregnant, but Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. We didn’t have her for the transfer or the egg retrieval, but the other doctor was positive and had great bedside manner.
Make sure to have all your questions written down. I would forget things I wanted to ask the doctor later after we had just seen her. I could always ask the nurse through email or my next appointment.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough. Then, we decided to move to IFV. Again, we increased my dosage of medication to extract more eggs. We got 16, but only three matured for our fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The ladies who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work.
It’s around $1,500 for each IUI and around $16,500 for your first IVF and $5,000 -10,000 for medicine and $475 for anesthesia.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Our doctor presented the options with all the pros and cons. We decided to transfer one, but for our next transfer we might put in both.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Gustofson is personal, warm, and detail-oriented. He patiently walks you through every step of the procedure or protocol, always pausing to ask questions and ensure you are understanding. He is clearly very skilled at his work and thinks creatively about solutions...allows you to email him directly (as opposed to emailing through his team/nurses), which tells you a lot. He is interested in the doctor-patient relationship...We used quite an aggressive treatment protocol with testosterone patches, estogen patches, menopur, lupron, prometrium, progesterone, as well as fistfuls of supplements. This treatment was aggressive to help me grow more, higher-quality eggs, as my previous cycles were hampered by low-quality eggs.
We used quite an aggressive treatment protocol with testosterone patches, estogen patches, menopur, lupron, prometrium, progesterone, as well as fistfuls of supplements [at CCRM Colorado]. This treatment was aggressive to help me grow more, higher-quality eggs, as my previous cycles were hampered by low-quality eggs...Sarah [nurse] was terrific--responsive, compassionate, organized, detail-oriented, and ALWAYS willing to field a phone call, even for a seemingly minor question. She was on my speed dial for weeks!...The entire IVF round was between $25-$30k...
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Never hesitate to ask as many questions as you have. He is the one doctor at CCRM who allows you to email him directly (as opposed to emailing through his team/nurses), which tells you a lot. He is interested in the doctor-patient relationship.
Dr. Gustofson is warm and makes you feel cared about--during every phone call, it was obvious that he had spent time reviewing our chart and situation. He personalized his recommendations often by saying, "If you were my wife" or "if you were my daughter," which gave me peace of mind. CCRM overall is a well-oiled machine, so it is easy to feel like a number, but our interactions with Dr. G felt quite personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was terrific--responsive, compassionate, organized, detail-oriented, and ALWAYS willing to field a phone call, even for a seemingly minor question. She was on my speed dial for weeks!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very well-run: booking appointments, the one-day work-up, setting dates for procedures, were all very easy. The finance office is hard to reach and a bit confusing, but ultimately I found a very helpful employee who made the process infinitely easier. It can feel a little impersonal, as you may not see your nurse every visit, and you certainly won't see your doctor, but everyone is kind, professional, and willing to answer any questions.
The entire IVF round was between $25-$30k.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
You will not be seeing him often or have him retrieve your eggs. You can save a lot of money be going to a clinic near you because the treatment he will offer is nothing spectacular or special to Ccrm.
He has a very kind and compassionate bedside manner but he was not available at every visit. He was also not involved in my egg retrieval’s. I spoke more to his nurse and I was not at all happy with the care I got from his nurse.
He did mini ivf and then regular ivf with injections. It didn’t work. I recently heard about growth hormone which is supposed to work very well for women with low amh and poor egg quality, which is my situation but that was never offered to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
She spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have heard alot about the CCRM lab and that they were the best lab in the country. This is one of the reasons why I went there. And why I was told their prices was worth it. Well unfortunately, I had no results on my embryo. They did not get a good enough sample to send. Now, I have to go through the stress and anxiety of implanting an embryo I have no idea is normal.
If I remember correctly it was about 18-22 thousand a cycle. Depends on whether I was getting PGS testing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
Dr. G[ustofson] is great to work with and I’m so glad he’s our doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I trust his expertise. He is very responsive to communication. I’m glad to see him at the Louisville clinic, which in my experience is more welcoming and less intimidating than the huge Lone Tree clinic...daily Omnitrope (human growth hormone) for the first 5 days. I was also on a daily steroid...The priming included testosterone gel and patches, estrogen pills, and progesterone suppositories.
I love the Louisville location [of CCRM]. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring...All of the nurses and ultrasound technicians are wonderful. Our nurse has been great to work with and we spoke daily throughout this process. She later very easy to get a hold of and always patient and responsive with my questions
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is great to work with and I’m so glad he’s our doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I trust his expertise. He is very responsive to communication. I’m glad to see him at the Louisville clinic, which in my experience is more welcoming and less intimidating than the huge Lone Tree clinic.
Dr. G is so kind and his demeanor makes me feel comfortable and at ease
My stim protocol was 150 menopur + 300 follistim as well as daily Omnitrope (human growth hormone) for the first 5 days. I was also on a daily steroid and started Ganirelix on day 5 or 6 I think. Trigger shot was Pregnyl. I also was on 30 days of priming for the month prior to the injectibles. The priming included testosterone gel and patches, estrogen pills, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I love the Louisville location. It’s small and feels welcoming. The Lone Tree location I have found to be intimidating because it’s so big and fancy, and I don’t know the staff there as personally. All of the surgery staff at Lone Tree were beyond excellent though - so warm and reassuring.
So far we have paid roughly 15k for surgery, procedure, IVF cycle #1 and meds. Our treatment is partially covered by insurance at this point but our insurance is limited to 25k lifetime max so if this process takes more than 2 cycles for us our expenses will contribute substantially.
Dr. G advised us on the risks of multiple embryo transfer and shared his opinion that a single embryo transfer was best. Our insurance only covers single embryo transfer so that makes it easy.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
+ Read more- Read less

We liked that we got to talk to her [Dr. Sara Barton] directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations...I had a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue from my uterus. After the surgery I had a balloon in my uterus for a week to prevent reoccurring scar tissue. I was on estrogen for 30 days and progesterone for the last ten of that 30 day period following the surgery.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total [at CCRM Colorado]. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit...The clinic is beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable. All of the staff is wonderful. I felt like they were always using the newest, best equipment, which made me feel very comfortable. The only weakness I would give CCRM would be their high prices, but I guess I can't fault them for charging higher prices than most since they provide such exemplary care. I have never recieved such wonderful healthcare.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We saw another RE before going to Dr. Barton at CCRM that ran some blood tests, led me through failed Clomid trials, and then wanted to start IVF treatments. Since we didn’t feel like the first RE was very through, and knowing that CCRM has the best IVF success rates, we decided to start over with CCRM. Dr. Barton began by running much more through tests and immediately found the issue – my uterus was filled with scar tissue from my c-section and therefore I couldn’t get pregnant. Dr. Barton performed a surgery to clear the scar tissue in their beautiful surgery center and I got pregnant naturally months later. We liked that we got to talk to her directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations.
Don't go to anyone else first and waste your time - start with Dr. Barton. She is smart, kind, and capable and will help you achieve success.
Dr. Barton took the time to explain every detail of every procedure and every diagnosis with me. She also explained everything with care and empathy. I felt like I understood what was going on, which helped me feel empowered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
I worked with Becca before I got pregnant. She was kind, timely and very available. I felt completely comfortable speaking with her and trusted her to help me find solutions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit.
+ Read more- Read less

Face time with Dr. G[ustofson] has been very limited. He is kind and personable when we have spoken, but it always feels a little bit rushed and speaking to him directly (rather than a nurse) is rare. He does remember details about our lifestyle, where we live, etc...has a good sense of humor (which we appreciate, but I could see being a deterrent for some folks). We just wished he had been a little bit more communicative in person. When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
The nurses were all very kind and the facility [CCRM Colorado] always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating...When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very personable and has a good sense of humor (which we appreciate, but I could see being a deterrent for some folks). We just wished he had been a little bit more communicative in person. When most of your communication is done through a nurse (although I understand that this is the norm) it can make you feel a bit disconnected from the doctor. We have felt like we are in competent hands.
He has a good reputation and seems very competent, but just be aware you might not have much face (or voice) time with him!
Face time with Dr. G has been very limited. He is kind and personable when we have spoken, but it always feels a little bit rushed and speaking to him directly (rather than a nurse) is rare. He does remember details about our lifestyle, where we live, etc.
After all of the tests we were diagnosed with low sperm count/motility. I had to take injections of Menopur, Cetrotide and Gonal F (which all made me feel super bloated and crampy, although not as bad as I was expecting). I ended up having to take more doses than originally prescribed, which I didn't really understand the reasoning for. This part was a bit rough financially. The retrieval was done by another doctor (which just happens because they have to time it based on your hormone levels and who happens to be working what day). We had 21 eggs retrieved, 11 turned into embryos, and 3 mature enough to freeze. For some reason we didn't realize it could yield so little from so many eggs! We were also hoping for a fresh transfer, but apparently it was too dangerous given my hormone levels, so we will do the frozen transfer 2 months after the retrieval - which was also a much larger time window than we had expected/been told originally.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville (Avista) campus was good about communication, but we ran into more trouble with that from the Lone Tree campus, which can be frustrating as they are the only ones open on the weekends and the only surgery center. The nurses were all very kind and the facility always felt clean and professional. The whole process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally told (some of this is just due to hormones, etc. that nobody has control over) and this could be frustrating.
$2,800 for the package including first consultation, regroup, blood tests, testing $20,000 for IVF cycle Additional $3,000 for lab results that were sent out $6,000 for IVF medications
Dr. G really seems only open to single embryo transfer vs. multiple. After my own research that did seem like the safer way to go, but if we weren't trying to move the process along as quickly as we could I might have seeked out a second opinion.
+ Read more- Read less

Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward...For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid"...in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
+ Read more- Read less

It is hard to rate my doctor [Dr. Gustofson] because the nurses are who you will work with the most. The two meetings I had with Dr. Gustofson were pleasant and he seemed to care about us as a patient. I am sure If I was doing IVF I would see him more...He went through all of the details of my treatment in ways that I could understand and did not seem like he was in a hurry when he was with me. I only met with him twice so far and he was very understanding and did not question me wanting to do the treatment while my husband is deployed.
The nurses [at CCRM Colorado] do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on...We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each...The biggest weakness of the clinic is their hours. They only take appointments until 3:15. This timing is difficult when you cannot preplan appointment because it is determined by your cycle and you are trying to work full time. Other than that the clinic was always nice and compassionate.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would recommend that you you are prepared for all of the appointments. Dr. Gustofson seems great.
It is hard to rate my doctor because the nurses are who you will work with the most. The two meetings I had with Dr. Gustofson were pleasant and he seemed to care about us as a patient. I am sure If I was doing IVF I would see him more.
For drugs, I just used clomid and the trigger shot. I was monitored by ultrasound for the size of my follicles. I responded well to the drugs so I did not have to change up my meds. I am on my 3rd IUI so hopefully it works.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christine W)
The nurses do most of the stuff at the clinic including IUIs. My nurse was great when I was there. She explained all of the risks and performed the IUI easily and quickly. She was compassionate when I called and told her that the IUIs failed. I cried on the phone as she explained my options from then on.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We did about $2500 on testing and initial consult. The IUIs were about $1400 each.

2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Schoolcraft] recommends single embryo transfer...He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted...He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
+ Read more- Read less

Each of the doctors I have seen had a history intake of questions. Dr. Surrey's intake was more in depth. Just by looking at my intake, Dr. Surrey thinks I was misdiagnosed almost 5 years ago which ended our fertility journey then and then last year that all changed when I had my first pregnancy at 44 and miscarried 2 weeks later. I saw Dr. Surrey after this and I just didn't feel like a patient and he gave me my hope back of having a family.
The clinic [CCRM- Lone Tree] has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be transparent and don't be afraid of asking questions. I made the mistake of not having any questions ahead of time and even though I had done alot of reading, i still felt very new and uneducated, but that was my fault not the Dr or the Clinic.
I've met with Dr. Surrey once so far and that was for my initial consultation. The intake of questions were more thorough than my previous doctors. He had already gone through my intake and had questions from that. He had a genuine smile and showed empathy. My previous doctors I never felt that way. The Dr before Dr. Surrey was like a robot and showed no emotion at all.
We haven't had any treatment, but it is looking like IVF with PGS testing will be our only course of treatment. The antisperm antibodies makes it almost impossible of achieving a pregnancy naturally and with my age, PGS testing is crucial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewell)
I had a consult with Shawna on the day of my consult with Dr. Surrey. Even though I haven't had another appointment, I have communicated with Shawna and she is very helpful, forthcoming and empathetic. Her empathy and show of concern is a great comfort to me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
My insurance covers nothing for fertility assessment for me since I'm 45 and the cutoff is 44 or fertility treatment for any age. So everything we pay for is out of pocket. My 3 day hormone test was $555 for 4 hormones and the one day fertility assessment that includes the workup for my husband and I will be $3,000. We are currently saving for this workup. As I understand it, CCRM is one of the best and most expensive clinics there is. My husband is in a wheelchair so medical expenses are nothing new to us, so even though this will be very expensive for us, it's worth it.
I'm not sure what his approach is yet, we haven't got that far in my treatment

2013 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He [Dr. Robert Gustofson] told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work.
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch [of CCRM] (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness.
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is in a tough spot - it requires him to be frank, but also compassionate. He does not ooze warmth and there are some patients (me included, at least initially) that require that when seeking fertility treatments. But he is honest and forthcoming and always has his patients best interests in mind. I felt like I was in capable hands when we proceeded with treatments.
Dr. G has your best interests in mind and will be truthful when it comes to your care, but he won't sugarcoat anything and won't be the person you lean on emotionally.
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work. The impersonal interaction made me take a break from CCRM for several years. When we finally returned to the clinic, we had a conversation with Dr. G about our previous interaction and he immediately changed his tune. Since then, he has been friendly, personable and caring.
It has been 3 years since my last treatment with Dr. G, so I cannot remember specific medications or protocols. But Dr. G had a solid game plan, monitored me closely and always explained in detail if anything needed to change.
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness. She always went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and even stepped in to assist with a billing snafu when we were abroad. I felt I could always count on Kristi for anything, and that really put my mind at ease during such a trying, emotional time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine is a world-renowned fertility clinic for a reason - they provide state-of-the-art treatments, innovative research, and techniques that give them higher success rates than many of their counterparts. The staff is well-trained and things are done very efficiently. However, this often creates a very sterile environment where you feel more like a cog in the wheel than a living, breathing human with a personal story. This is more evident in the extravagant Lonetree location than in smaller, homier Louisville. The other glaringly obvious issue is the business office. For such a larger, profitable organization, they are disorganized and often rude. One example of their ineptitude - they failed to inform us about the due date for a $30,000 payment and then insisted we find a way to pay it within 12 hours when we were on vacation in Italy. There mistake, but ours to fix. I was continually shocked at how many errors and inefficiencies we encountered and they were VERY frustrating given how much we were paying the clinic for our treatments.
Donor IVF cycle (including donor meds and fees and my transfer) totaled approximately $44,000. Additional medications for me were about $4,000. Total for the entire procedure was $48,000.
Because I was otherwise very healthy and since our young donor produced an exceedingly high number of highly graded embryos, Dr. G was very clear about the fact that he would not transfer more than one. He explained that he was very confidant the treatment would be successful and explained the immense risks to me and the babies if I were to carry multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
She always takes the time to thoroughly explain things to my and my husband. She and her staff always remember me, ask me how I'm doing, and give me hugs. I feel like they really care about me. ... Dr. K [Kondapalli] is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. ... My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. ... I love Angelica! [nurse] ... She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. ...
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K. Dr K also did a fibroid removal surgery for me and it went super smoothly. She even billed it as gynecological instead of for fertility so that it would be covered by my insurance (I have no infertility insurance coverage). She's amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Also, save the drawings she gives you! They are super helpful to look back at later.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara/letrozole. She chose letrozole over clomid because I have a history of optical migraines. I had no ill side effects from the letrozole. I produced 1 mature follicle on 5mg, and 3 mature follicles on 7.5mg. We have no MFI. Both IUIs failed. After that we moved on to IVF which Dr. K was very supportive of. As I am 37, with an AMH of .3 and AFC of 6, I don't have time to waste. We are doing the early embryo banking program with 2 retrievals planned (for now). For my first IVF round, she did an estrogen patch priming protocol with Cetrotide during priming. Stim meds were 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Omnitrope, and dexamethasone. I am still in stims, but had my regroup the other day. I have 9 follicles, but some aren't growing so she has added 7.5mg letrozole to my protocol since I responded well to it. She also mentioned she already has an idea of how she will change up my priming for next time. I appreciate how responsive she is to how my body reacts to the meds. I also love that they do a lot of monitoring during stims so they know what's going on. I think I would be much more anxious if they weren't monitoring as closely. I haven't had my retrieval yet so don't know results yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I love Angelica! I was sad when she went on maternity leave (though completely understandable of course). The nurses filling in with her did a good job, but I didn't get to really know them and I felt a little lost not having a dedicated nurse. But they were always super responsive and answered all of my questions. I'm glad Angelica was back when we started IVF. She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. They are so on top of everything.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. The packages are clearly spelled out and I haven't had any issues with billing. I've heard that this experience can be very different if you're trying to work with insurance and CCRM. The only weakness I've experienced is with one particular staff member. I don't know her name, but she is always working the checkout desk at the Rose office. She isn't very nice and I always feel like I'm being super annoying by trying to check out and PAY THEM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. She also never gives me the itemized receipt, which I always get at checkout at the Lonetree office. But other than that everyone is great. Maybe not the best sign, but the check-in front desk lady knows me by face now. I guess I am there .a lot! My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. They do not use it for anything other than "email" communication. I do not have copies of many of my test results and often won't get details unless I ask my nurse specifically. (They always give it when I ask.) I have been downloading my medical records for my personal files for years, so it feels weird not to have access to them. I also wish you could schedule appointments online and not have to call every time. They make it easy when you call, I'd just prefer to do it online.
IUI cost $458 + $200 for each ultrasound ... probably around $1000-1500 total per IUI. For IVF, with the early embryo banking program, we'll pay $38500 for 2 retrievals (including all monitoring), one frozen embryo transfer, and CCS/PGS testing for up to 6 embryos. Meds for Retrieval #1 cost $5500.

2017 - 2019
All of the office staff at CCRM - Louisville are awesome! It’s a small clinic and they know me simply by my name when I visit or call. They are friendly, kind and caring and have always been professional.... Carolyn [a nurse] works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We began working with Dr. Barton when she was at an office close to us and since then doesn’t visit that office, so we drive a little farther. It is completely worth it. Her nurses are awesome and even over the phone, Dr. Barton is able to communicate clearly and effectively and shows us that she really cares. Dr. Barton is compassionate but has always given us all the information and has been straight forward.
Best of luck with everything! You’re in great hands!
Dr. Barton is kind and caring and has always used a personal touch.
I can to Dr. Barton struggling to conceive had a uterine polyp removed and suffered one loss. We started with a variety of tests on my husband and myself. No explanation could be reached from all of the tests. We decided to move forward with an IUI treatment and we got pregnant. Unfortunately at 6 weeks there was no “yolk” found in the sac on our ultrasound. We suffered another loss. Dr. Barton said she’d be willing to try another round of IUI, but due to our history IVF would lessen our chances of a loss greatly. We moved forward with a round of IVF. We did an egg retrieval with PGS testing as we had come to the conclusion that genetics were a factor. We retrieved 14 eggs, 5 embryos made it to blastocyst and 3 were genetically typical. We did an FET with our top embryo and while we got a positive Beta, this FET ended in a chemical pregnancy. Moving forward Dr. Barton is suggesting we follow a antihistamine protocol. We were in the very beginning stages when in an ultrasound they found a polyp in my uterus. So frustrating but I’m so glad they found it before it was too late. I’m planning on getting it removed and starting again! Dr. Barton has been honest with us through this entire process and we are looking forward to taking these next steps with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn)
Carolyn works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Our insurance paid partially for our IUI and didn’t cover any of our IVF cycle. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were for IUI, for IVF including an FET the cost was around $21,000 without medication.
Dr. Barton suggested we transfer 1 embryo, but she would have been open to discussion.

4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
At first I wasn't entirely sure how the process would go because Dr. Barton began by spending most of her time managing expectations/verging on discouraging me. ... And she really took seriously my past history with autoimmune disease and extreme sensitivity to hormones in the past. ... She really advocated for me, whether that was regarding lab use of donor sperm or by retrieving a very small number of eggs.
They [CCRM Colorado] messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount. ... The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara Barton is clearly very knowledgable and well-trained. She isn't afraid to set your expectations realistically, but I found that once she did, she was very open to trying new things and working with some auto-immune issues. I really appreciated that she didn't push me to give up or force me to cancel a cycle when I didn't respond well (and I wanted to move forward). I found her to be very compassionate, and she treated me like a colleague instead of talking down to me.
I would be prepared knowing what you really want to do and don't be afraid to speak up when she may be steering you one direction. Be sure to request as many regroups/phonecalls/communication directly with Dr. Barton as you feel is necessary, as some of the nurses weren't the best at communicating accurate information
At first I wasn't entirely sure how the process would go because Dr. Barton began by spending most of her time managing expectations/verging on discouraging me. I was afraid that she would be too negative and wouldn't let me try, but once she gave the stats and such, she really listened to me and to my desires, independent on the "stats of success." She really advocated for me, whether that was regarding lab use of donor sperm or by retrieving a very small number of eggs. And she really took seriously my past history with autoimmune disease and extreme sensitivity to hormones in the past. I felt like she was very caring and very thoughtful about what treatment might work best for an unusual case like mine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie is very wonderful, warm and compassionate. And I never experienced her "dropping the ball." She generally got everything in on time and had good follow-through. I was disappointed as some lack of knowledge that she had when I asked her questions. The main challenge with this was not the lack of knowing about certain circumstances I discussed, but that she didn't always admit that she didn't know, and just gave me inaccurate information (which I would have to double-check later, and sometimes it didn't always match up with what the doctor said or what the current peer-reviewed research said)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Runs like a well-oiled machine. Very efficient, clean and friendly. The billing department was terrible. They messed up a number of things for me during my IUI cycles (and didn't let me know when my referral was no longer valid, even though I had no other way of knowing that it had expired). So I ended up paying for two full IUIs when I was entitled to an insurance discount.
In process
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. ... Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours [at CCRM Colorado]. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. ... Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. He is personable and seems to truly care for us and be excited about our fertility treatments. I appreciated his honesty and friendliness.
Know that he will quote you lots of statistics and numbers, he is obviously very knowledgeable.
Dr. Surrey himself is very personable and attentive to my specific questions. The clinic sometimes makes you feel a bit of one of the numbers, mostly just in the difficulty reaching the nursing staff i.e. they are perhaps too busy at times, and the courses and steps they make you go through sometimes make you feel a bit like just one of the number. That being said, a lot of the information is really good.
Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12. Initially on ultrasound it appeared that only 4-5 follicles were responding, and my LH surge started happening despite taking the medications exactly as prescribed. During retrieval they were actually able to get 8 follicles. Of these only 6 were fertilized, 4 made it to blast/were biopsied, and then only 1 was PGS tested as normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Our nurse was extremely friendly and answered all my questions without any judgement. She was sometimes hard to reach and I felt the clinic's management of when she was off i.e. coverage was poor. The nurses overall however are all friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. I love how the nurses met with me after each and every ultrasound. Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
We were able to utilize a discount program via our insurance, total for the cycle was 13,090 to include FET with additional 5,500 required for PGS/lab costs. Costs without this discount would have been closer to 19K baseline
Dr. Surrey strongly prefers a single embryo transfer approach, however was open to more but strongly cautioned and gave risks.
+ Read more- Read less

Her [Dr. Barton] medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. ... She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested.
Billing is always a weakness of CCRM. When I was seeing them for monitoring, they told me the price of ultrasounds for monitoring, charged me for it. I had no idea that I needed to paymore money until after my first failed cycle and I went back in for monitoring of my second cycle. ... [nurses] Attentive and nice. I have not had too many interactions with them at this time. My original nurse went on maternity leave. Everything has been good so far.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Too soon to know how this ends up but with all of the doctors/offices I’ve been to (at least 5) this is the best that I’ve felt with an RE. She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested. She also didn’t feel that I needed to do the hsg test again. The clinic I went to for the original x-ray closed. We have the report but no x-ray to show CCRM.
Be prepared with how relaxed you’ll feel. I’m argumentative and opinionated, she handled it with grace.
Honest, caring and no bullsh*t.
My first IVF procedure with her will be in two months. The last clinics, I’ve only ended up with one blast, most if not all arrest on day 5. Her medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. Everything she listed for our cycle together, I was asking my previous doctor about but he did not see the need.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Roughly $125 to see the doc, everything else seems to be listed on their website. I’m not 100% sure of what my total cost will be for IVF yet.
She’s open to both, suggested we transfer two but I refuse to do so at this time.
+ Read more- Read less

He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. ... I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage.
They [CCRM Colorado] are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. He was very knowledgeable and really took the time to go through results and give us options. My partner and I felt way more confident compared to the 2 other Drs we’ve seen in the past.
Don’t waste your time with other doctors, see Schoolcraft! Be ready for a very thorough consult and you will also probably learn something new.
The initial consult was very thorough and they did way more testing than any other facility.
We haven’t started yet, but his recommendation is very different to other Drs. I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage. He’s had some great results in the past with this type of treatment. I haven’t started my treatment yet, but I’m looking forward to it, I have a really good feeling!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele )
She is wonderful, friendly and gets back to you very quickly - particular through the portal email systems.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal.
We’ve met our deductible and out of pocket and our estimate for payments outside of insurance was approximately $7k
I believe her prefers to do single as more than one can become a higher risk pregnancy. However, he has done multiple in the past.

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. ... Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1. ... Added hgh, dexamethasone, and clomid to normal follistim/menopur/cetrotide in order to improve egg maturation and quality. Got 10 eggs as opposed to 5 6 months earlier. Tweaking next cycle in order to address aneupoloidy (sp)?
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff [CCRM Colorado] and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses ... [nurse] Knows her stuff, honest with me, provides advice, and very friendly and compassionate. Never feel rushed and always responds to emails and phone calls promptly
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. In Illinois where I live, clinics often use the insurance mandate for 4 cycles as an atm machine and will go forward whether or not a patient is a candidate for ivf. Schoolcraft absolutely does not.
Request Michelle as your nurse! Also come up with questions ahead of time.
First time out for one day work up my nurse met with me for close to 3 hours. Clinic provides an hour orientation explaining the whole process and how the clinic works. Was able to meet with Schoolcraft (who is very in demand) for about 30 minutes each when in Denver for one day work up (ODWU) and for retrieval. He also personally performed several of the necessary testing procedures and I’ve had several scheduled regroup phone calls since I live out of state. Have had the same nurse the entire time and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses
Approximately $25k for bundled package including monitoring, retrieval, CCS testing, 1 transfer, all necessary regroups with doctor. Approximately $4k for one day work up
Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I only saw Dr. Surrey two times for maybe 10 minutes each time. He acted like he knew exactly how to fix us (wife 29) self (31) and that if we spent extra money on their "special" process then we would have different results and make embryos. Dr. Surrey is very good on up-selling and pretending to have all the answers. Once he gets you locked into a contract, you're just treated like a number on a page. I feel as if they just use the exact same procedure for every patient and do the least about of work as possible because they have a formula and it works for 60% of the people.
One cycle [at CCRM Colorado] was $24,000 plus medications, hotel stay, and travel...They are against multiple embryo transfer and make you go to a class where they can tell you the reasons they are against it...The weaknesses would be how you are treated just like another number. The whole facility has a very structured system that is designed to treat the masses. There is no personalized care and after you have paid and are no longer a patient, they wont give you the time of day. I personally have been trying to get my screening/blood work sent over to my other doctor for my upcoming donor cycle.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not expect good communication. You will see him once or twice and everything will be handled by a nurse assisting him.
CCRM is operates like a money making machine. Even if you have had 2 other IVF cycles, they treat you as if you know absolutely nothing. When you check in, you wait and then jump on the assembly line. Everyone acts like a robot that works there. They get you in and out as fast as they can so they can get through more people.
I do not remember the details but they were similar to a cycle that failed previously at a different smaller clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Andria )
Once again, they all act like robots. They do and say the same thing every single ultrasound and its extremely rare to get the same tech doing the ultrasound. There is zero personalized care at this facility.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the leading infertility research facility in the country and has lead to thousands of couples having live births. The weaknesses would be how you are treated just like another number. The whole facility has a very structured system that is designed to treat the masses. There is no personalized care and after you have paid and are no longer a patient, they wont give you the time of day. I personally have been trying to get my screening/blood work sent over to my other doctor for my upcoming donor cycle. I have called and emailed and messaged them with the same response "we sent that xxxx date". every time I have replied that no I have not received it and it just gets passed off to another person that says.... "oh we sent that xxxx date". I really shouldn't expect anything else from this place because you are just passed off to different nurses every single appointment. Its crazy to think that you spend $24000 for one cycle and this is how you are treated. If I could do it all over again, I would have paid for the 3 cycle plan they offer but this was our last home that the best fertility place in the country could help make us embryos. Unfortunately even if you are under 30 and perfectly healthy sometimes things just dont work out...............
One cycle was $24,000 plus medications, hotel stay, and travel.
+ Read more- Read less

[the nurses at CCRM CO-Louisville were] Not compassionate. Told me the gender of one of our embryos even though I explicitly told them I didn't want to know. Never caked me when my thyroid labs were abnormal, I called multiple times asking for the results. Not at all compassionate when I was worried about miscarrying based on those results. More concerned about setting up an appointment than giving me a minute after we did miscarry to process the information.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson was honest, kind, thoughtful. While we never made it past 7 weeks, you could tell he was rooting for us and truly disappointed and sorry that things didn't work out for us. From the get go, we had already done a cycle of IVF without success (chemical and miscarriage of trisomy 13 at 6.5 weeks), he told us there were no medical reasons to not try again. We ended up with 9 CCS normal embryos. However, after 2 failed transfers (chemical and blighted ovum) he told us one of things wad happening. Despite my hysteroscopy and all labs/scans looking normal, my uterus wasn't a good environment or there was something behind chromosomes that is genetically wrong with the embryos. Our final transfer resulted in a pregnancy but miscarriage at 7 weeks. He was so kind during our D&C and told us he was always there for us. We still have 5 embryos and may some day decide to transfer them or pursue a gestational carrier, but are also at peace that Dr. Gustafson did everything in his power, knowledge, expertise to help us be parents.
Trust him. He will be honest with you. And like he told us on our first consultation he'll "tell you when to get off of the roller coaster". And he doesn't say that to be mean. He says it for your own sanity. He doesn't want to just take your money over and over if he doesn't think it will work.
He was personable, kind, honest. He'd remember things about us.
I honestly don't remember what protocol we used for egg retrieval. First FET e-set of day 5AA CCS normal blast. Lupron started when bcp stopped. Vivelle patches increasing. Endometrium, PIO and me from. 2nd FET added antihistamine protocol with aspirin, claritin, pepcid, and prednisone. 3rd FET antihistimine protocol and lovenox.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM has so many patients I can see where it feels like you're a number. However my personal doctor did not make me feel that way. Nursing staff wad terrible. Buildings themself clean. Lab people friendly. Usually fairly easy to make appointments
$22000 for egg retrieval, 1st transfer. $5000 for each subsequent FET Meds totaled probably $1000
First 2 transfers did e-SET then did embryos on 3rd transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him [Dr. Schoolcraft] during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. ... Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route.
Nurse Erin showed gr8 compassion and she was very organized and communicated the results to us soon as she receives them and she goes in great length explaining them. We also loved nurse Amy who helped us during our u/s and stims ... You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility [CCRM Colorado] if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As someone who struggled through infertility for a long time and at the age of 39 having gone through 8 IUI’s and 5 IVF cycles elsewhere without success we were looking for any small hope that we could hold onto. My husband found this doctor and the name CCRM and Dr Schoolcraft kept showing up on numerous forums . We immediately thought this is the place that could turn our fortunes and we called CCRM the next day for an appt with Dr Schoolcraft . To our pleasant surprise they setup a phone consult with Dr school craft within a month. I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. I remember the day when me and my husband came out to the parking lot in lone tree and we almost cried after Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route. During the next followup consult we asked for one opportunity to try conventional IVF and then try IVM if it doesn’t work. We ended up doing IVF but with very minimum stim almost identical to IVM. Without going into any further details I would say the hospital, doctor and nurses were phenomenal in every step of the way and a special shoutout to nurse Erin and nurse Amy. Fast forward to today, I am 21 weeks pregnant right now with the first embryo transferred with my baby boy and another perfect CCS tested embryo waiting in lonetree CO. I just went for my level 2 U/S today and everything looked perfect with the baby and I am writing this review with happy tears while my husband holds a glass of scotch. Anyone who are in their late 30’s and think they are doomed with infertility pls don’t walk just run to this place and I hope CCRM can turn your dream become a reality just like they did ours.
The one thing I would say is, when Dr S gives you a conservative estimate of chances I would think the chances are much more than the estimate given as my experience was such. So I would advice that you definitely persist with this doctor and he is the best at this business
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is the best at treating infertility and they have one of the best labs in the world. You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
since I had infertility coverage I only paid my deductable, my one day workup costs and CCS testing. They added up to 15K roughly
+ Read more- Read less

with [Dr. Schoolcraft's] specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process...He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.
+ Read more- Read less

Overall I found Dr. Gustofson very caring and I felt he really knew what he was doing. My only issue related to Dr. Gustofson was that he left town during a crucial part of my treatment (which I completely understand and don’t hold against him) but neither he nor his staff mentioned he would be leaving so it was offputting for me to find this out when I needed to ask him a question regarding treatment and he was gone.
I found most of the staff [CCRM] I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.... We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He seems like a genuinely caring doctor.
I felt Dr. Gustofson was very warm and personable when I met or communicated with him but I had quite a bit of trouble with communication with other staff including nurses. I felt that at some pretty important times I had a hard time getting a response from the appropriate staff member. That said, Dr. Gustofson was really good with the communication.
Priming meds: Estrace 2mg - cycle day 2 on Testosterone gel - day 3-20 Prometrium 200mg - 2x day/ day 16-25 Testosterone patch 2mg - day 21-25 Cetrotide 0.25mg - day 23-25 Stim meds: Viagra 50mg 2x a day Menopur 150units 2x a day Gonal-F 300 units once a day Dexamethasone 0.5mg once a day Saizen 0.4ml once a day Clomid 100mg once a day (added when follicles were not growing enough and injections were switched to intramuscular instead of sub q)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana Coon)
I felt at times that Aiyana was very nice, organized and communicated well but there were times that I was very frustrated with the lack of comminication from her and almost requested to be switched to the care of another nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I found most of the staff I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.
We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which I can’t remember the exact cost of but it wasn’t inexpensive). Because the cycle was cancelled we were refunded around $21,000.
For my age group he recommended one embryo be transferred at a time to reduce chances of multiples because of higher risk. I completely agreed with this approach.
+ Read more- Read less

Some may not like how candid he [Dr. Schoolcraft] could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab. ... On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
+ Read more- Read less

I met with [Dr. Barton] during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton...She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton [at CCRM Colorado], and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes...He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it
+ Read more- Read less

I felt comfortable with her [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli's] preference to only transfer one embryo...She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases...She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they [staff at CCRM Colorado] predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature...We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc...During my stim cycle, they decided to have me do another dose of Gonal-F, but did not let me know. So I had to race to the local pharmacy 10 minutes before they closed and pay out of pocket. Also, I'm the one who called in to ask if they wanted me to take the dose and if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known and would've missed the dose entirely. You really have to be on your game.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

I did three retrieval’s [with Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] and every one was different...We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming...I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
I think the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them...I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The Lone Tree office [CCRM Colorado] is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation... I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I think Dr. Surrey would be great for someone doing IVF who wanted the standard or an aggressive protocol, and who didn't want to delve deeper into underlying issues. I had issues with my cycle that I thought were indicative of why conceiving would be difficult -- luteal phase spotting, and he literally told me I should take birth control if I didn't like the spotting, and told me I should just do IVF before it was too late (I'd been diagnosed with DOR). I was not interested in going to IVF without understanding the underlying issues with my body. Later, they found I had a unicornuate uterus, and I agreed that IVF was the best option but said I could try a few cycles of IUI with my local doctor if I wanted. He would not give me clomid/letrozole with a UU due to risk of multiples. He said the only medication he would give me was luteal phase progesterone. We don't have sperm issues, so I didn't want to do IUI, but asked him to prescribe me progesterone for natural cycles. I got pregnant immediately. He called me to say congratulations, but I then never heard from him again. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I've since switched to a different RE.
Make sure IVF is actually what you want to do if you go to him. He will not try less invasive / less aggressive approaches first. I had the feeling from the whole experience that CCRM was trying to make money off of me.
The Lone Tree office is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation, and when my diagnostics revealed a uterine anomaly and I asked to speak with someone about it (I was in shock and had no idea what it meant for my future fertility), the nurse didn't know who I was and hadn't reviewed my chart before talking with me, and didn't tell me anything useful. That said, the techs running the ultrasound and the HSG were extremely nice, comforting, and skilled.
He would not prescribe any medications (clomid/letrozole) due to my uterine anomaly (unicornuate uterus) and said the only option was IVF. I asked him to prescribe me progesterone during the luteal phase (my idea, not his) and he agreed. I then got pregnant spontaneously.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
She always seemed extremely busy, and most of the time it was not her responding to my questions. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone, but they did answer messages in the portal within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts. AWFUL. This is a TERRIBLE way to treat patients -- scare them into paying out of pocket. Really, really terrible. They also messed up payment on the few things they did send to insurance and made me pay too much upfront anyway.
Initial consult -- $300 "regroup" consult -- $100 Day 3 bloodwork -- $500 Baseline ultrasound -- $500 HSG -- $600