Genetic counseling: Offered
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Louisville
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?

7.3

3 IVF, Surrogacy
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
At one point Shawna (our third party nurse) was out on maternity leave and the office must have been very busy and overwhelmed initially. One of the other nurses who may be an assistant or someone I never deal with sent an email to me referencing the wrong surrogate and indicating that she started her period - which was out of left field especially considering the stage we were in. I of course got alarmed when I read the message. And immediately checked in with our carrier to make sure this wasn't true. It was just carelessness which I understand happens but in sensitive situations that fertility clinics encounter 24/7 you need to pay extra attention when communicating to patients. My husband and I ended up having a discussion with the Business Manager who listened to our concerns and was very open about the need to correct them.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

IVF, Donor Eggs
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she [Dr. Kondapalli] is your lady!...Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc.
all the random questions I sent her [nurse at CCRM], she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations...I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very kind and warm, and considering the delicacy of the situation, always knew how to say the right thing. She never gave us false promise, but gave us enough hope with the actual facts based on our unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she is your lady!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli knew us by name, even when she ran into us in the waiting room or hallway and we weren't scheduled to see her! She was always so supportive, personable (remembering small details about our life and situation), and overall did an excellent job.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc. After that, the process was pretty "normal". Getting donor eggs, fertilizing, genetic testing (which CCRM highly advises and even though it adds about $6k more, makes sure you don't transfer an embryo that is defective or will miscarry), and then the transfer. I really feel that all of the tiny precautions and extra steps Dr. K and CCRM build into their process increase the chance for success, and give them credit for us successfully getting pregnant on our first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
Kristi was UNBELIEVABLY amazing. She was always quick to reply, gave me thorough answers, celebrated with me when things went well, and empathized when they didn't. Every time I got worried, she reassured me and made me feel better. And all the random questions I sent her, she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations. Beyond Kristi, Dale, Helen and the other nursing team were wonderful. They quickly replied if Kristi wasn't available and were always very knowledgeable and supportive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a wonderful clinic that I would highly recommend. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe they are more expensive than others. That said, I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
To get from zero to transfer, we spent about $55,000. This was all out of pocket! We lucked out that the medication was covered by insurance (but nothing else), and only had to spend about $1000 on that. I've heard it can be $5-10k if you pay in full.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
No comments, we had a pretty good chance of success and definitely did not want twins so very easily made the decision to opt for eSET.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

However, when I did touch base with Dr. K [Kondapalli] for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine. ... Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. ... The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse.
They [CCRM] might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. ... I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. ... You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
They [CCRM Colorado- Denver] did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They did not have any protocols in place for dealing with a gay couple. We paid for the group meetings but were asked politely to not attend. They told our GC that that may required a second unnecessary quarantine. We were unable to select an egg donor even though they allowed us to view donors. The whole thing was very unfortunate. So much so that we moved clinics.

2019 - 2020
11 Eggs Frozen
I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton...and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Strengths [of staff at CCRM Colorado]: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend... Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
2019 - 2020
11 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton was kind, knowledgeable, and professional. She listened and was understanding and helped me understand the good and the possible bad that could happen. Overall, I really appreciated my time with her and am so grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Be honest and open!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I had the best experience at CCRM. In July of last year, I went to a different endocrinologist who gave me a pretty bleak fertility outlook and who presented the news in a very unprofessional manner. After grieving for a few weeks, I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Sara Barton at CCRM, and I am so grateful that I did! She was kind, understanding, and professional. She listened to my experience, had me get retested at CCRM to confirm my AMH (1.3)and FSH (10.5) #s, and walked me through all the possibilities with egg harvesting - both good and bad. I made the decision to go through the egg harvesting process in February and was able to freeze more eggs than I expected (11!). Throughout the entire experience, I felt super supported by the entire CCRM staff, especially my assigned nurse, Britney, who was available via phone or email any time I had a question (and I had quite a few!). Definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best of the best helping them in their fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Britney)
Britney was so amazing. Was always available to answer my questions. Really appreciated how she walked me through how to do all the injections. I felt super supported and cared for the entire time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable Weaknesses: May come across as cold to some people - but I appreciated that she told the truth and stuck to science and what the numbers really mean. Overall, I'd definitely recommend.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I really appreciated that the team worked around my busy morning work schedule. I got to know the ultrasound staff and felt seen and heard at every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
$800 consultation fee, $17k for the entire egg retrieval process (includes both procedure and medications)

Unexplained, Other
My doctor personally called me after getting the negative pregnancy test after our first IVF transfer. She has made me feel hopeful and we look forward to our next transfer. ... Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. ... We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough.
The ladies [at CCRM Colorado] who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work. ... My nurse is very helpful and is quick to answer all questions and concerns. She was able to move around my schedule to accommodate my cycle that is a shorter luteal phase. Then, I misread my calendar and she worked with my doctor to get my schedule back on track so I didn’t need to skip a month.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
It’s been tough not knowing why we aren’t getting pregnant, but Dr. Barton has been compassionate and always answered all concerns and questions. We didn’t have her for the transfer or the egg retrieval, but the other doctor was positive and had great bedside manner.
Make sure to have all your questions written down. I would forget things I wanted to ask the doctor later after we had just seen her. I could always ask the nurse through email or my next appointment.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
We did three IUIs and with each IUI my clomid doses were increased as my eggs were not maturing fast enough. Then, we decided to move to IFV. Again, we increased my dosage of medication to extract more eggs. We got 16, but only three matured for our fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The ladies who schedule appointments are really helpful and even learn the patients names which always makes me feel like I matter. They are always able to work with my schedule and get me in to the early appointments so I can make it to work.
It’s around $1,500 for each IUI and around $16,500 for your first IVF and $5,000 -10,000 for medicine and $475 for anesthesia.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Our doctor presented the options with all the pros and cons. We decided to transfer one, but for our next transfer we might put in both.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

We liked that we got to talk to her [Dr. Sara Barton] directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations...I had a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue from my uterus. After the surgery I had a balloon in my uterus for a week to prevent reoccurring scar tissue. I was on estrogen for 30 days and progesterone for the last ten of that 30 day period following the surgery.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total [at CCRM Colorado]. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit...The clinic is beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable. All of the staff is wonderful. I felt like they were always using the newest, best equipment, which made me feel very comfortable. The only weakness I would give CCRM would be their high prices, but I guess I can't fault them for charging higher prices than most since they provide such exemplary care. I have never recieved such wonderful healthcare.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We saw another RE before going to Dr. Barton at CCRM that ran some blood tests, led me through failed Clomid trials, and then wanted to start IVF treatments. Since we didn’t feel like the first RE was very through, and knowing that CCRM has the best IVF success rates, we decided to start over with CCRM. Dr. Barton began by running much more through tests and immediately found the issue – my uterus was filled with scar tissue from my c-section and therefore I couldn’t get pregnant. Dr. Barton performed a surgery to clear the scar tissue in their beautiful surgery center and I got pregnant naturally months later. We liked that we got to talk to her directly about test results and make plans with her directly instead of a nurse. I never felt rushed in our meetings and she always made me feel at ease and hopeful at the end of our conversations.
Don't go to anyone else first and waste your time - start with Dr. Barton. She is smart, kind, and capable and will help you achieve success.
Dr. Barton took the time to explain every detail of every procedure and every diagnosis with me. She also explained everything with care and empathy. I felt like I understood what was going on, which helped me feel empowered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
I worked with Becca before I got pregnant. She was kind, timely and very available. I felt completely comfortable speaking with her and trusted her to help me find solutions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The initial tests for my husband and I were around $3k total. The surgery and pills were around $5k. The pregnancy tracking and ultrasounds were around $200 a visit for the first two visits and $400 for the final visit.

2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
Denver

Dr. Barton was very clear and took time to answer questions. She outlined different treatment options so that we could make decisions about how to proceed. She comes across as very knowledgeable of recent studies and best practices.... Our first attempt was with a fairly aggressive protocol, but I had a poor response and the cycle was cancelled. Dr. Barton changed the protocol for the next attempt, and it was more successful.
CCRM is large, but everyone from the receptionist to the nurse recognized us when we walked in. All the people we interacted with were friendly, patient, and compassionate.... CCRM has great results, but I wouldn't consider them patient-centered. They have quite a few rigid policies about things that do not allow for patient input. For example, some clinics will work with patients to decide together about visiting family in Zika zones and taking precautions
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I would advise taking pen and paper to take notes. Patient records are not available online, so if you are discussing test results or likely outcomes, you will want your notes to refer to later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We interacted with several nurses, including our main nurse. All were friendly and helpful, but they tended to report test results as "fine" instead of giving specifics numeric results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has great results, but I wouldn't consider them patient-centered. They have quite a few rigid policies about things that do not allow for patient input. For example, some clinics will work with patients to decide together about visiting family in Zika zones and taking precautions; CCRM has a rigid policy that forbids treatment within so many months of a visit.
CCRM has a discount for Colorado residents and is also part of a discount program with United.
CCRM follows ASRM guidelines for embryo transfer based on age and PGS testing. The lengthy consent form we went over with the nurse covered these limits.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
She always takes the time to thoroughly explain things to my and my husband. She and her staff always remember me, ask me how I'm doing, and give me hugs. I feel like they really care about me. ... Dr. K [Kondapalli] is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. ... My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. ... I love Angelica! [nurse] ... She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K. Dr K also did a fibroid removal surgery for me and it went super smoothly. She even billed it as gynecological instead of for fertility so that it would be covered by my insurance (I have no infertility insurance coverage). She's amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Also, save the drawings she gives you! They are super helpful to look back at later.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara/letrozole. She chose letrozole over clomid because I have a history of optical migraines. I had no ill side effects from the letrozole. I produced 1 mature follicle on 5mg, and 3 mature follicles on 7.5mg. We have no MFI. Both IUIs failed. After that we moved on to IVF which Dr. K was very supportive of. As I am 37, with an AMH of .3 and AFC of 6, I don't have time to waste. We are doing the early embryo banking program with 2 retrievals planned (for now). For my first IVF round, she did an estrogen patch priming protocol with Cetrotide during priming. Stim meds were 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Omnitrope, and dexamethasone. I am still in stims, but had my regroup the other day. I have 9 follicles, but some aren't growing so she has added 7.5mg letrozole to my protocol since I responded well to it. She also mentioned she already has an idea of how she will change up my priming for next time. I appreciate how responsive she is to how my body reacts to the meds. I also love that they do a lot of monitoring during stims so they know what's going on. I think I would be much more anxious if they weren't monitoring as closely. I haven't had my retrieval yet so don't know results yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I love Angelica! I was sad when she went on maternity leave (though completely understandable of course). The nurses filling in with her did a good job, but I didn't get to really know them and I felt a little lost not having a dedicated nurse. But they were always super responsive and answered all of my questions. I'm glad Angelica was back when we started IVF. She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. They are so on top of everything.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. The packages are clearly spelled out and I haven't had any issues with billing. I've heard that this experience can be very different if you're trying to work with insurance and CCRM. The only weakness I've experienced is with one particular staff member. I don't know her name, but she is always working the checkout desk at the Rose office. She isn't very nice and I always feel like I'm being super annoying by trying to check out and PAY THEM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. She also never gives me the itemized receipt, which I always get at checkout at the Lonetree office. But other than that everyone is great. Maybe not the best sign, but the check-in front desk lady knows me by face now. I guess I am there .a lot! My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. They do not use it for anything other than "email" communication. I do not have copies of many of my test results and often won't get details unless I ask my nurse specifically. (They always give it when I ask.) I have been downloading my medical records for my personal files for years, so it feels weird not to have access to them. I also wish you could schedule appointments online and not have to call every time. They make it easy when you call, I'd just prefer to do it online.
IUI cost $458 + $200 for each ultrasound ... probably around $1000-1500 total per IUI. For IVF, with the early embryo banking program, we'll pay $38500 for 2 retrievals (including all monitoring), one frozen embryo transfer, and CCS/PGS testing for up to 6 embryos. Meds for Retrieval #1 cost $5500.
Denver

Her [Dr. Barton] medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. ... She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested.
Billing is always a weakness of CCRM. When I was seeing them for monitoring, they told me the price of ultrasounds for monitoring, charged me for it. I had no idea that I needed to paymore money until after my first failed cycle and I went back in for monitoring of my second cycle. ... [nurses] Attentive and nice. I have not had too many interactions with them at this time. My original nurse went on maternity leave. Everything has been good so far.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Too soon to know how this ends up but with all of the doctors/offices I’ve been to (at least 5) this is the best that I’ve felt with an RE. She’s straight forward which I believe every RE should be and honest. Not harsh in at all, just confident and honest. She was open with cost and how to save. For example, I am not big on the cost of genetic testing for myself and my spouse, it was her idea just to test one to see if the other needs to be tested. She also didn’t feel that I needed to do the hsg test again. The clinic I went to for the original x-ray closed. We have the report but no x-ray to show CCRM.
Be prepared with how relaxed you’ll feel. I’m argumentative and opinionated, she handled it with grace.
Honest, caring and no bullsh*t.
My first IVF procedure with her will be in two months. The last clinics, I’ve only ended up with one blast, most if not all arrest on day 5. Her medication list is geared towards better egg quality. She will not do a fresh transfer, highly suggested testing embryos with my history of failed transfers. Everything she listed for our cycle together, I was asking my previous doctor about but he did not see the need.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Roughly $125 to see the doc, everything else seems to be listed on their website. I’m not 100% sure of what my total cost will be for IVF yet.
She’s open to both, suggested we transfer two but I refuse to do so at this time.
Denver

I met with [Dr. Barton] during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton...She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton [at CCRM Colorado], and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I was repeatedly charged different amounts for the same labs--for instance my TSH lab was $15 one time, and the very next time $70. I check my EOB from the insurance, and at one point it shows communicable disease labs, which were never ordered by Dr. Barton, and never performed, but my insurance was charged and paid 100% of the $500 labs. I really lost confidence after speaking with the director of patient services who was unable to resolve the issues. Ultimately, my insurance had to open up an investigation. I don't know where it landed, and it may have been a series of administrative mistakes, but it felt like an undue burden given the challenges of undergoing fertility treatments.
Denver

I felt comfortable with her [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli's] preference to only transfer one embryo...She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases...She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they [staff at CCRM Colorado] predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature...We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc...During my stim cycle, they decided to have me do another dose of Gonal-F, but did not let me know. So I had to race to the local pharmacy 10 minutes before they closed and pay out of pocket. Also, I'm the one who called in to ask if they wanted me to take the dose and if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known and would've missed the dose entirely. You really have to be on your game.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
Denver

I did three retrieval’s [with Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] and every one was different...We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming...I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
I think the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them...I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They were always on top of calling with results but I was in the middle of switching nurses and one result got dropped. It happens!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Barton is overall kind and direct. She seemed to remember me and my case fine. She expressed her condolences for our difficult year of recurrent early miscarriages...is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it... I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal...CCRM was not the right fit for us. It's the most expensive option and there are just so many patients that you can feel lost in the shuffle...Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change...I really loved how I was always able to talk with a nurse when I called, even if mine was unavailable. The nurses were all very kind and helpful. It was clear they could look up my case and talk through it on the phone which was very helpful. I was able to email or call.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
I wish I would have looked up more reviews before having Dr. Barton as my doctor. Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change. As other reviews state, Dr. Barton is incredibly direct. I selected a female doctor as I felt they would be able to relate more but I was left wishing for more bedside manner. Some patients may view her directness as an asset and prefer it but it was not the right fit for us.
Dr. Barton did a full workup of tests. I was put on Progesterone Supplements following positive OPK.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it. However, there are other great practices in Colorado that people from all over the country also come to. They are an IVF machine and have great success rates. I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal.
Our general testing was about $1500 in blood work. Each ultrasound was $300. My first visit with Dr. Barton was $250 and my re-group was included in our package.
Denver

My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K [Dr. Kondapalli] but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.... I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg)... my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur.
Overall, I have felt that the staff [CCRM] has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.... I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time.... When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong.... I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
I was scheduled for my IUI on a specific date and time - everything is dependent on this timing, including when you take your trigger shot and when they thaw and prep the sperm. When I got to the clinic for my scheduled IUI, I was told my appointment wasn't until the following week, which was totally wrong. I explained the situation and they were able to get the sperm thawed and prepped and asked me to come back two hours later. I don't know if that two hours made a difference in my results (of course they claimed it wouldn't) but I was very upset and concerned.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Sara Barton] is more than willing and able to answer questions...We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
Katie [nurse at CCRM Colorado]...is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message... a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara is patient, kind, but extremely good at her job - the perfect balance of amazingly smart, but with the human touch that is hard to find in a medical professional. She took time to explain things thoroughly. We were kind of a challenging case, and she was skilled at finding solutions and new ways to navigate our infertility issues. She was collaborative and always listened to what we wanted while gently offering suggestions.
Sara is more than willing and able to answer questions - don't hesitate to reach out if something seems unusual or different or if you just need reassurance.
We underwent 4 FET cycles, although our embryos were retrieved at a different facility (not CCRM). The first and second cycles were unsuccessful, but the third resulted in a pregnancy, only to find no heartbeat at 6 weeks. The fourth was successful. For 1-3, we only transferred one embryo. For cycle 4, we did two. We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Cushman)
Katie, as a provider, is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is exceptionally skilled at what they do. They have an excellent reputation globally and are a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
I want to say that the transfer only was in the ball park of $7K, not including prescription medication.
They have a chart that indicates their suggested approach - generally just one, unless you are of a certain age or have a history of failed transfers or your egg quality is not ideal.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process...IUI with clomid and trigger shot for 3 cycles. He thought we were good candidates for this over IVF. After that didn't work he said that we could try IUI with letrozole or IVF. He felt that we were nearing the end of IUI being successful however we wanted to stick with it and try the new drug.
Grace and the other staff [at CCRM Colorado] were very caring and understanding. They would communicate regularly with next steps and results. It was nice that everyone was friendly and would take the time to learn your name...Overall organized, compassionate and friendly. It's a stressful time so I think they are used to people be anxious and needing to know as much information/results as soon as possible. There were a few times I felt stressed but it I was always able to get someone to answer my questions.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process. In the end everything worked out great.
Don't expect miracles right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace and the other staff were very caring and understanding. They would communicate regularly with next steps and results. It was nice that everyone was friendly and would take the time to learn your name.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It was not covered by insurance so I just paid with my credit card at the end of every appointment.
He did want us to move to IVF since we had done 3 cycles. We felt strongly about giving IUI a few more chances and the new drug worked.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Once they sent my blood work to the lab that worked with my insurance. The lab then lost my blood so I had to come in and redo the blood work. So I wasn't able to really blame CCRM. There were a few times when I was anxious for results so I would call them asking for them.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
I rarely spoke to my doctor. She seemed uninterested in trying anything with me other than the repeated suggestion I move to IVF, which I could not afford at the tome...I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false...When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling...She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experien
Billing at CCRM is a veritable nightmare. Phone calls are rarely returned without persistence, the same holds true for email. I also had a nurse to be able to call a prescription in timely to my mail order clinic, but we resolved it without me missing my cycle thankfully. The phone systems were down over the holidays in 2016, at a critical day and my cycle.... think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost,
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false, like that of a cheerleader in a movie. When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling. Her only suggestion was that I moved to IVF. She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experience than her who was willing to give it at least a year, given the fact that he had had women my age become pregnant. I believe Dr Kondapali was more concerned with her statistics and bringing in the IVF Revenue than actually helping me have a baby within the limits I was faced with the financially and age wise.
Do not go looking to her for compassion. Also, make sure you’re well educated on the process because the nurses are not always equal in their knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr. Schoolcraft, because Ellie, his nurse is extremely knowledgeable, and serves as an excellent substitute when he’s not directly available for questions.
Dr Kondapali let me do one natural cycle at my request. The second cycle, we tried a relatively low dose of Clomid 50mg and one or two Menopur injections for boosting. After that, we moved to Femara 10mg ( I reported side effects from Clomid) plus Menopur 150. When that didn’t work, I believe we increased to 300. That was for two additional cycles. After that, I switched clinics when she broke the news to me that she would only do six medicated cycles with me and that no one else in the practice would touch me either for more than that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember name)
The nurses often had to go back to the doctor to get answers to questions. This was a different experience to the one I’m having now with Dr. Schoolcraft Nurse Ellie who is able to answer almost all of my questions. Whenever I would get upset, because a cycle failed or just the Billing stress got to me, I would shed tears. Twice the nurses suggested I “speak to the psychologist”, which of course, comes with a hefty fee of over $200 I believe.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost, followed by the fact that you cannot switch doctors if you’re unhappy. I think that’s ludicrous. They made a one time exception for me because I came back for a different procedure – IVF, and told them I wasn’t coming unless I could have a doctor other than Kondapali. They gave me Dr. Schoolcraft as I requested.
Since this was covered under insurance, it’s hard to estimate what my out-of-pocket actually was, because they are still processing claims that are over a year old! The billing process was terrible. The cost of my IVF procedure I estimate at about $40,000 including additional diagnostics and medication above the cost of the procedure.
I am at the beginning stages of IVF so I cannot answer this as of yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Billing at CCRM is a veritable nightmare. Phone calls are rarely returned without persistence, the same holds true for email. I also had a nurse to be able to call a prescription in timely to my mail order clinic, but we resolved it without me missing my cycle thankfully. The phone systems were down over the holidays in 2016, at a critical day and my cycle. I was only able to get answers by guessing at Dr. Schoolcraft email address and letting him know of the phone issue and that I needed a nurse. I had my initial appointment for consultation booked on the wrong day. Then, had a receptionist to be extremely rude to me about changing the appointment, when it truly wasn’t a change.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Barton took the time to review our options and discuss our diagnosis with us. I was lucky enough that I had Dr Barton on the day of transfer and she made me feel at ease and explained what was occurring...Dr Barton takes the time to answer your questions, I never once felt rushed when I was meeting with her...Was on CCRM protocol 3 (no BC, primed with cetrotide). Had a diagnosis of DOR, so drugs were increased over the stim period as expected. Husband has a small morphology problem so we did ICSI and IMFI. Resulted in 5 embroyo's, and currently 28 weeks with twin girls.
The billing and back office [at CCRM] is horrendous. If it weren't for my near constant follow up, I don't think we would of been paid back or gotten proper claims to insurance. ...The entire nursing staff at CCRM, including lab people are awesome - and really what make CCRM. You will rarely if ever talk to your doctor, and don't expect them to be the one to do your procedures as they rotate through. However, each and every nurse or lab were awesome to be with.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I came to Dr Barton and CCRM after failed IUI's and feeling less than important at another local Denver clinic. I don't think we were a typically challenging case for CCRM, but Dr Barton took the time to review our options and discuss our diagnosis with us. I was lucky enough that I had Dr Barton on the day of transfer and she made me feel at ease and explained what was occurring.
Even though she hasn't been at the clinic a long time, give her the chance to be your doctor. There is a reason she's at one of the best clinics in the US and is easy to get appointments with!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie)
The entire nursing staff at CCRM, including lab people are awesome - and really what make CCRM. You will rarely if ever talk to your doctor, and don't expect them to be the one to do your procedures as they rotate through. However, each and every nurse or lab were awesome to be with. After seeing them day after day during stims you start to build a great relationship.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing and back office is horrendous. If it weren't for my near constant follow up, I don't think we would of been paid back or gotten proper claims to insurance. Furthermore, check your insurance policy - CCRM has a "policy" to require prepayment, or what they think your co-pay amount is (even if you've met your deductible and out of pocket max) and in same cases is outside of their contract with the insurance company. Causes a lot of additional work when you're already dealing with the emotional side of getting pregnant.
With medication, and procedures (including one day workup), we spent just under $35K for one IVF cycle. We are local and did not have added travel costs with that.

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. To some degree I think he took a bit for granted that my husband and I knew or understood more than we did at times, but if we asked him to slow down or asked questions, he was quick to adjust. Again, I knew that Eric Surrey didn't know me personally, but when we were meeting with him, it felt like we were the patients that mattered and that he was well versed in our specific situations. In terms of my expectations around meeting with a doctor at a large clinic, Dr. Surrey exceeded them in every way.
Katie was nice and helped me through the steps. She returned calls and answered questions. I felt like she could have been a bit more friendly or involved, but I know she also has a lot of patients, so it's very hard. There was some issue early on in my treatment. I had a Nurse (Kim) who was nice enough. She ended up leaving though and while I was notified she left, I was never notified of who my nurse was going to be. There was never an appt. set up so I could meet my new nurse or anything like that. I felt lost for a little while which was not a fun feeling.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Write down questions ahead of time or as you are given explanations and don't be afraid to ask them. There's no reason to leave an appt. with Dr. Surrey unclear about next steps or anything he said.
I recognize that Dr. Surrey wouldn't know my details if we ran into each other on the street, but every time he talked to my husband and myself it felt like he was talking directly to us and our situation. I didn't feel like he was giving us canned responses or recommendations. In addition, when we went through an ectopic pregnancy, he treated us with compassion and understanding. Like he truly cared.
For IUIs, I believe the drug protocol was Letrozole + Trigger Shot + Progesterone suppositories. He preferred letrozole to Clomid because I had been on Clomid prior to the IUIs and did not see success. For the Egg Retrieval, I struggle to remember the exact drugs I took, but it was a fairly standard starting point...I don't think anything was specifically custom to my situation, since we were unexplained. For the Transfer, I started with a bit of birth control. I then moved onto using a steroid pill of some sort I think. For the bulk of it, I was on Progesterone Suppositories (twice a day), Estrogen Patches (worked up to 4 patches every other day), and Progesterone In oil injections (0.5 units) every other day. After labs were drawn at some point, they decided to increase the PIO injection to 1 unit every other day, and add in estrogen pills.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a large clinic. That is a strength and may be seen as a weakness to some. You are not going to get a ton of 1:1 time with your doctor. And there may be times you have to remind your doctor or nurse of something. You need to be your own advocate and ask a lot of questions and point out anything that seems weird to you. But, they are among the best in this field and they always made me feel comfortable. The nurses and front-desk staff are so nice and friendly. I went to the Rose location in Denver and the woman (Ruby) who took my blood was phenomenal. She rarely left a mark, was always super quick, but most important was so nice. Her smile was the best in the middle of this terrible infertility journey. As long as you know what you are getting into with a large clinic, I think it's a fantastic place to be treated. I would never hesitate to recommend it to anyone needing treatment. And honestly, with how large it is, I think it would be possible for them to be WAY more impersonal than they are. They did a great job of making me feel valued and important when I was talking to someone.
It was a lot. CCRM is expensive and everything was out of pocket. I honestly have no idea what the total was.
Dr. Surrey recommended a single embryo transfer given our age and the unexplained nature of our infertility. I appreciated his candor and recommendation, and that's what we went with.

4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] reviewed my previous IVF cycle and tried to make it better for my second try. We are currently doing a third IVF and he has completely changed the protocol which is good. I am hoping for better results. He has always been very friendly and has a great sense of humor.... He is very attentive and answers all questions. I have also been in contact with my nurse who contacts him and gets answers very quickly. He also manages all of his own patients even though he is in a large group of physicians.
This clinic [CCRM] is extremely well organized. You do kind of feel like just a number at times because it is like a factor - HOWEVER, my doctor and nurse have not given off this feeling. The location is very easy to find and everything is in ONE building which is great for the embryos. The weaknesses include the higher price and the fact that there lab only takes one insurance. I have to pay everything out of pocket and it is getting very expensive.
4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He reviewed my previous IVF cycle and tried to make it better for my second try. We are currently doing a third IVF and he has completely changed the protocol which is good. I am hoping for better results. He has always been very friendly and has a great sense of humor.
He is very direct and sure of what he wants to proceed with and that is something that I appreciate. On the other hand, he is also open to suggestions in the protocol and always listened to what I had to say.
The first IVF cycle with him was my second overall. I was on a normal responder protocol with suppression using birth control pills for one month, followed by stims (Gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone and cetrotide) I had a double trigger with that cycle. We retrieved 9 eggs, 4 mature, 2 blasts, one normal per testing. My first cycle we had 12 eggs, 4 mature and non were normal....so the second cycle was an improvement. I am about to undergo my third retrieval in 3-4 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
I absolutely love my nurse. She is totally on top of it and always returns my phone calls the day of. She has also explained the protocols to me and the thinking behind meds etc. If she is every unsure of something, she contacts DR Surrey and gets me a definite answer. She is really a great nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is extremely well organized. You do kind of feel like just a number at times because it is like a factor - HOWEVER, my doctor and nurse have not given off this feeling. The location is very easy to find and everything is in ONE building which is great for the embryos. The weaknesses include the higher price and the fact that there lab only takes one insurance. I have to pay everything out of pocket and it is getting very expensive.
Initial work up is around 4,000-5,000 dollars 23,000 for first IVF cycle - includes PGS testing 15,000 for second IVF cycle - includes PGS testing
I have not transferred yet.
Denver

Based on a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, and a relatively good prognosis, we have not yet met very often with Dr Barton, but in our few interactions she seemed caring, determined to put us on a path towards live birth and seemed to handle my course of treatments through the 3 IUIs as I expected...Her "bedside manner" gave me the sense that she truly cared about our personal infertility journey, how it impacts us from a whole-person (not just physical) perspective, and that she wanted to see us succeed.
They [CCRM] are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated...My trigger shot for the first IUI procedure was not called in timely. Also I had to go to both the lone tree location and denver location back to back to get labs done before starting treatment because they forgot to order all necessary tests...I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
She makes me really comfortable discussing the tough topics related to infertility.
We did ovarian stimlation with clomid (100 mcg) for 3 cycles on cycle days 3-7. Beginning with Ultrasound to check for cysts prior to beginning medication each cycle. Follicle check ultrasounds on approx cycle day 10-12. Triggered ovulation with Ovidrel for IUI scheduled 36 hours after trigger. Semen collection was scheduled for 2 hours prior to IUI. When lining was less than 7mm at follicle check, vaginal Estrace was given to help with uterine lining, and continued until 2 weeks after ovulation. No pregancy was achieved through these 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case. However, Erica left CCRM during my treatment and I was reassigned. Some of the nurses made the IUI procedure more comfortable than others. I especially liked the nurse that used IUI with sonogram to help guide.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated.
Approximately $1,000 per IUI cycle including all medications (nothing covered by insurance). Diagnostic work and appointments with dr were also around $1,000.

3 IUI, IVF
I'm not sure what his [Dr. William Schoolcraft] strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers...I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be.
My nurse [at CCRM - Denver]suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch...My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation...Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm not sure what his strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers.
Ask any and all questions, be prepared, do research to be able to have questions.
I had my diagnosis of endometriosis prior to coming to CcRM. We tried 3 IUI's, all failed, and every time I ovulated too quickly. They didn't seem to try anything outside of their typical protocol and my 3rd iui was canceled due to missing ovulation. Now that we're moving on to IVF, I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be. My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation. Once, she told me 10 minutes of someone else's health issues before I realized she wasn't talking about me. We're local to CCRM and I've heard they're great so I'm trying to look past all of this.
1 iui with clomid and ovudril, switched to letrozole no trigger for last 2 IUI's. Clomid increased my cramping due to 4 follicles growing, letrozole gave me 1 follicle each time but sped up ovulation. Just received IVF protocol, priming with Doxycycline, cetrotide, estrogen patches. Stimming with cetrotide, gonal-f, menopur, and triggering with pregnyl and Lupron. No reasons were really given for any of them other than they should be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Staff is great but my nurse has been difficult to work with. She's unorganized, usually uninformed and somewhat checked out. I've met other great nurses but haven't asked to be switched since I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have no complaints. Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean.
So far we've spent about 15,000 in IUI's and testing. IVF with icsi will be 34,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
My nurse suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Schoolcraft is a pioneer in his field. He is direct in his treatment and he gets results. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor but was the only one able to get me to retrieval on first round without overstimulating me and resulted in my first child. I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient...For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Overall the clinic [CCRM] was great...It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF...[Nurse] Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate....Costs were typical - meds, procedure, doctor time and testing. All in we spent about $30,000...Dr Schoolcraft and CCRM spent time answering my questions and helping me solve my infertility problems that other clinics could not...I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be turned off if he is not warm. He states the facts and is honest with his treatment recommendations. His plans get young results.
I did IVF and the protocol included antagonist treatment. I don’t recall the exact medications but took a few days longer to trigger. For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melanie )
Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall the clinic was great. It gets results for many and is known for treating older difficult patients. I needed a clinic that would be honest with my issues and truly help. I would say is the best in there US. When I first arrived there were couples from all over the world in the lobby waiting for their day to begin. It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF but with all the testing you know you are getting a perfect embryo. My perfect embryo made me a first time mom in September and I will forever be grateful for CCRM. They helped us start a family.
No concerns as i was a relatively young patient for CCRM and didn’t want multiples. They also say the failure is lessened by only transferring 1