Selling medication is not offered

South Shore Office
90 Libbey Parkway MA
Weymouth, MA 02189

2017 - 2019, Successful
It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized...was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time [at CCRM Boston]. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since...since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank...is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is happy to answer all of them! He wants you to feel comfortable and educated on the treatment you are receiving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I felt like every member of the staff, including Dr. Styer was sensitive and caring. At previous clinics, we were given standard protocols without much thought. It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized.
Describe the protocols Aaron K. Styer used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
I have poor egg quality. Other clinics were pushing us towards donor eggs and I had read about other things to try before we pursued that route. We wanted to try everything we could using my own eggs and if it didn't work, we would move onto donor eggs, knowing we gave it our all. Dr. Styer did two cycles with my own eggs (we had done 4 at other clinics), trying things like HGH and clomid. We did get one beautiful looking embryo, however, it tested abnormal. After we accepted that IVF with my own eggs was not a possibility, we moved onto donor eggs and are so happy that we did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
We truly love all the nurses and medical assistants at CCRM. Each person was so warm, caring, and helpful throughout this process. There were some very difficult times for us, and we felt fully supported and truly cared about by everyone there. We always had plenty of opportunity to sit with the nurses to review treatment, ask any questions. They always returned my phone calls promptly and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston.
For cycles with my own eggs, we were covered by insurance. We paid out of pocket for donor eggs, but since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank.
Describe Aaron K. Styer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
For our two donor egg transfers, we transferred one embryo each time. The first cycle we only had one embryo, so there was no need for a discussion. For our second transfer, we personally did not want to transfer more than one, so we were comfortable with his suggestion of a single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since.
Chestnut Hill

She [Dr. Zimon] was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered.
CCRM Boston is not a large center...mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number...The nursing staff is fantastic here at all levels. Everyone treated us like individuals and work incredibly hard. They are friendly and professional. It was again a major difference after coming from a large center where everything feels very impersonal and rushed. It was a delight to interact with them on monitoring and procedure days.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is extremely thorough, highly intelligent, compassionate and was willing to work with my particular situation. She was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered. I've had the experience of overly confident doctors and let downs, and I would much rather Dr. Zimon's approach. She absolutely made me feel like a partner during the whole process and I really appreciated it. She listened to my concerns and ideas, explained hers and worked to find a way we could meet in the middle if there were differences. I saw her at almost every appointment, she did all of my retrievals (not my IUI on my converted cycle - that was done by a wonderful nurse) and I always felt she was fully invested in my success. I highly recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for what all of your options are, Dr. Zimon is always willing to explain the process and reasons behind the treatment process and protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
CCRM Boston is not a large center (unlike my previous experience at Cornell in NYC) - mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
I did three cycles with Dr. Zimon at CCRM. I have fairly significant DOR as well as male-factor, because of this, the first two were banking cycles, and the third was intended to be a fresh transfer. We agreed to an early freeze on the first two cycles. For the first cycle I did estrogen priming with micro-dose lupron cycle with max stims of Menopur and Follistim and omnitrope. We retrieved 5 eggs, of which 3 were mature and 2 fertilized and were frozen. The second cycle (another banking) was again estrogen priming with max doses of Menopur, Follistim and omnitrope, but we used clomid instead of the micro-dose lupron. We retrieved 5 eggs on that cycle of which 3 were mature all fertilized and were frozen. The following cycle was to be a complete cycle with fresh transfer. We went back to the micro-dose lurpon cycle and dropped the Menupur and Follistim down to 225/225. Unfortunately, due to my DOR I didn't respond as well and only one follicle developed. We planned to retrieve it, but it became ready to ovulate so instead we did an IUI - which worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I've been attending CCRM Boston for more than a year, and during that time they have grown a lot so I would say there were a few growing pains administratively. Nothing that had an impact on treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Because of our insurance we had treatments mostly covered, but had to pay out of pocket for medications. I believe they were approximately $8000 per cycle.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
I didn't make it to a transfer, but Dr. Zimon is a proponent of elective single embryo transfer.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Ryniec is thoughtful, intentional, and kind. She tells it to you straight and understands the complexities of the processes and insurance and is the best at guiding you through it all...Dr. Ryniec didn't blink an eye that we were a queer couple and was really helpful in advising on sperm donors and insurance...early in the process, but I've gone through all of my fertility testing and will be starting IUI this month...
The nursing staff [at CCRM Boston] is responsive. I've found them to be inflexible, which I have understanding for since they are working with so many patients. However, I wish they would flex a little. It's been a small frustration and easy to work around, but it does take away from the feeling of personalized care a litte...They misplaced a couple of pieces of paperwork we needed them to have, but it was quickly taken care of once we pointed that out....
How was your experience with Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Ryniec is thoughtful, intentional, and kind. She tells it to you straight and understands the complexities of the processes and insurance and is the best at guiding you through it all. I've really enjoyed working her and she's been a wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
Check out her TikTok! Lots of useful information on infertility and fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
CCRM is a warm and welcoming practice with a small team that recognizes you when you go in. They are all kind and professional, and I never feel like I am just another person cycling through that day.
Describe the protocols Jessica Ryniec used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
I'm early in the process, but I've gone through all of my fertility testing and will be starting IUI this month. So far I am undergoing unmedicated IUI, so there isn't much to report on yet.
How competent was Jessica Ryniec at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff is responsive. I've found them to be inflexible, which I have understanding for since they are working with so many patients. However, I wish they would flex a little. It's been a small frustration and easy to work around, but it does take away from the feeling of personalized care a litte.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic has been overall great. They misplaced a couple of pieces of paperwork we needed them to have, but it was quickly taken care of once we pointed that out. I've read some scary reviews of other practices, so I would rate our experience as overall very positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston.
I'm lucky that my insurance covers most of my costs, so I'm paying copays and up to my deductible / out pocket max.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
The clinic misplaced some paperwork but it was resolved quickly. They were easy to communicate with in the process of resolving it.
Jessica Ryniec

2021, Successful
His [Dr. Styer's] bedside manner is outstanding...From the first consultation to prepping for the retrieval and transfer I knew what our next steps were...Everything was explained and he was always willing to answer any questions I had...antagonist protocol with estrogen priming since I’m a little older. For my transfer prep, I was on Lupron and estrogen. I had a thin lining so he would tweak my dosages...
They [nurses at CCRM Boston] always returned my calls, and would answer my portal messages usually same day. They always called me when they were supposed to with med instructions and got me refills quickly when I needed...I do suggest that you do your own research on what your insurance will and will not cover. They’ll certainly go over it with you, but I did my own research on my own insurance and I had zero surprises or issues when the time came....
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
From the first consultation to prepping for the retrieval and transfer I knew what our next steps were. Going through IVF always requires a bit of research on your own, but I was willing to just put it all in his hands and see what happened. I figured he certainly knew what he was doing, and I’m glad I just went with his plans for treatment. Everything was explained and he was always willing to answer any questions I had. I trusted him, and it all worked out. We’d had a few miscarriages before trying IVF, and he was always up front about statistics etc.
Trust him, do your research, but realize he knows what he’s doing. If what you’re doing isn’t working, he’ll switch it up.
His bedside manner is outstanding. He’d ask about your life outside of just trying to conceive, and it was always such a pleasant conversation with him.
I was on an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming since I’m a little older. For my transfer prep, I was on Lupron and estrogen. I had a thin lining so he would tweak my dosages and how I could took the meds and he got it to where it needed to be.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
They always returned my calls, and would answer my portal messages usually same day. They always called me when they were supposed to with med instructions and got me refills quickly when I needed. I never had any issues with the nursing staff. And everyone was so nice when you’d go in for monitoring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I’ve seen people complain about insurance approvals and wait time on social media. I never had any issues with it. Things were put in for approval promptly. I do suggest that you do your own research on what your insurance will and will not cover. They’ll certainly go over it with you, but I did my own research on my own insurance and I had zero surprises or issues when the time came.
Insurance covered everything except PGT testing. We paid 4K for that out of pocket
There was never a question that we were going to transfer more than one embryo at a time.

2021, Successful
During our initial consult, he [Dr. Styer] laid out everything out from our medical history and then described how he would proceed. He was extremely clear and had a meticulous plan laid out and left us with very minimal questions. We are male factor, and our first retrieval ended up with 19 retrieved eggs and down to 2 embryos and 1 CCS normal. Our original plan was to do a frozen transfer, however, during our regroup he extended the offer of doing another retrieval to embryo bank (since our insurance approved)
[at CCRM Boston] Communication is a challenge but once you are in a cycle they are incredible. Stick with them though, they are 100% worth it. Their lab produced much better results for us. I cried when I found out we had quality embryos, I thought this was impossible for us. I have personally met with all 3 doctors for various procedures and they are all incredible and knowledgeable. They have a way of giving you the facts but with a warm and caring bedside manner which is huge during this vulnerable time.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
From the moment my husband and I consulted Dr. Styer, we knew we would be in the right hands. During our initial consult, he laid out everything out from our medical history and then described how he would proceed. He was extremely clear and had a meticulous plan laid out and left us with very minimal questions. We are male factor, and our first retrieval ended up with 19 retrieved eggs and down to 2 embryos and 1 CCS normal. Our original plan was to do a frozen transfer, however, during our regroup he extended the offer of doing another retrieval to embryo bank (since our insurance approved). He went over everything with us and answered our questions. Ultimately, we decided to do another retrieval cycle which we got 26 eggs retrieved and ended up with 3 more CCS normals! He essentially told us that because the sperm is our major issue, it's a "numbers game" and his plan to stim me a little higher to get more embryos worked. Of note, at my prior clinic we ended up with 3 poor quality blasts (BC/CB grades) which ended in a miscarriage and a biochemical loss. At CCRM we have MUCH better grades (ABx2, BA, BB) I recently had an embryo transfer and just graduated the clinic. My husband and I wish we could take Dr. Styer with us as our OB. A girl can dream.
Set up a consult! I wish we had skipped our first clinic and started with him!
Dr. Styer always made sure my questions were answered and remembered details of my personal medical history. He called me on his weekend off to congratulate me on a positive pregnancy test! The personal touches and attention he gave throughout my treatment made this experience so much easier than when I did this at a different clinic.
Cycle 1: Antagonist protocol: OCP x 21 days, FSH 150 IU hMG 150 IU, dexamethasone, Lupron + hCG co trigger, Ca ionophore, ICSI Cycle 2: Antagonist protocol: OCP x14 days, FSH 225 hMG 150, dexamethasone, Lupron + hcg co trigger, calcium ionophore, ICSI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Connecting with nurses when not in an active cycle and/or when not physically in the clinic was challenging. There were definitely occasions where I wouldn't get a response for multiple days. When I was in cycle/ the physical clinic, however,\ everyone was incredible and so compassionate! Shout out to the PACU girls- Julia, Helena, Jeanne, Sarah- they all made the experience SO enjoyable!
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
We were fortunate to have insurance cover the majority of costs. We added in calcium ionophore to help with fertilization which was $500 per cycle. We opted to do genetic testing which was about $3500 per cycle.
Given my age, embryo quality and CCS normal, single embryo transfer was performed

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up...She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
[CCRM Boston costs] $7730 for the egg freezing. My insurance covered the visits, lab tests and some of the medications...lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
My biggest issue with Dr. Zimon is that she was sometimes unclear with me, like about when and for how long I was supposed to take certain medications. This led me to make mistakes and screw up my care. I was on a timeline, so this was problematic.
Write down her instructions and ask clarifying questions.
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up. For example she prescribed me estrogen that I wasn't supposed to take until later, but there were no instructions about that on the medication and that wasn't clearly explained, so I just started taking it when I shouldn't have. She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Where do I begin. I was on a timeline (I had about 3 months before moving out of state and wanted to do the egg freezing before). Right from the get-go everything went poorly. During my first appointment they didn't do the vaginal ultrasound they were supposed to do, which set back my timeline. The nurse who scheduled my first appointment didn't respond to my messages, further setting things back. While the woman who did my labs was super nice and great, every time i needed to get in touch with a nurse, i went straight to voicemail and often didn't get responses on the patient portal. They just seemed totally disorganized.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is extremely disorganized. I would NOT recommend going there. There are so many bad things I could say about my experience, but I suppose the most important ones are 1) I had three months to do egg freezing before moving out of state and various moments of lack of communication and unclear instructions meant it kept getting pushed back until it didn't happen and 2) I needed a refund of the almost $8000 I paid for the egg freezing and it took literally over two months for me to get the money back. Countless calls to their financial patient advisor went direct to voicemail and went unanswered, and while she was very nice, she had very little information for me. Only when I emailed the CEO to raise the issue did I get a check in the mail, and the first check I was sent bounced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
As I mentioned, lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer always remembers who I am, information about my specific case, and is truly invested in my success...He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with...The strengths of this clinic are the doctors, the embryologists, and some of the nurses. I would say the weakness is communication with the nurses who will coordinate your care. I never felt like I connected to any of them in my 1.5 years at the clinic and none of them remembered my case. I think it would be beneficial for nurses to be assigned specific patients.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I initially saw Dr. Styer in 2015 when he was at MGH and was able to have a son while under his care. I returned to MGH in 2018 but did not have a good experience and decided to follow Dr. Styer to CCRM even though it was a significant commute. He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
Just set up a meeting and connect with him. He’s incredibly informative and willing to work your case.
Two antagonist protocols and added HGH to second retrieval cycle. Also added letrozole to increase second wave of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Sara and Imane are fantastic. They’re the ones you have contact with at each visit (in the ultrasound room and phlebotomy). They were my personal cheerleaders and I felt that they were invested in me and my success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered everything but ccs testing.
The clinic prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Zimon's enthusiasm for her work is evident, and you can tell her mind is always working while you communicate with her. I always leave feeling hopeful, but with realistic expectations. She seems to truly care about her patients and has great bedside manner. I have never once questioned the calls she has made about my care, and having seen two doctors before her, I am aware that having confidence in your physician makes all the difference with your comfort during the IVF process.
When I first started coming to CCRM [Boston] it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while...With so much information being presented to me in the beginning, I often felt overwhelmed, and either missed a few pieces of information, or some instructions for next steps weren't clearly presented. All the nurses are very pleasant and have never made me feel bad for calling to confirm information. They are compassionate professionals, and I am eternally grateful for their wisdom.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to confirm your understanding of the process. It's your body, and the entire process can feel daunting and overwhelming, but having knowledge is key.
I'm not sure if she has an amazing memory, or just takes really detailed notes that she refers to, but Dr. Zimon always remembers EVERYTHING, which is greatly appreciated when you are a complex case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
When I first started coming to CCRM it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while. I wouldn't hesitate to refer family or friends here!
Chestnut Hill
I only saw Dr. Zimon in person twice, once for diagnostic testing and once to confirm my pregnancy with an ultrasound. In both appointments she was friendly, personable and talked me through the steps (especially with the diagnostic testing when I was incredibly anxious...There were a couple of monitoring appointments where several people would come into the room and not even introduce themselves before starting the ultrasound, which made me feel like I was just a number
CCRM is a really great clinic. It was always incredibly clean and I found it to be warm and inviting (as warm and inviting as a DRs office can be). The doctors, nursing staff and phlebotomists were all excellent...They [nursing staff] were always so friendly both over the phone and in person and never seemed annoyed by my sometimes too many questions
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I really liked Dr. Zimon. I felt that had a good bedside manner and was friendly. During our initial consult and regroup appointments (both virtual) she took the time to explain everything to us and answer any questions we had. While I had done a decent amount of research prior to starting at CCRM my husband was totally clueless and she did a great job of explaining things to him. I did find that these virtual appointments felt a little rushed but not to the point where I felt that I couldn't ask questions. I only saw Dr. Zimon in person twice, once for diagnostic testing and once to confirm my pregnancy with an ultrasound. In both appointments she was friendly, personable and talked me through the steps (especially with the diagnostic testing when I was incredibly anxious). I always found it very easy to talk to her.
Don't expect to see Dr. Zimon except for when you're appointments are strictly scheduled with her. While I knew I wouldn't see her every single time I expected to meet with her more often than I did.
For the most part all of my in-person interactions with the staff at CCRM were great. There were a couple of monitoring appointments where several people would come into the room and not even introduce themselves before starting the ultrasound, which made me feel like I was just a number. But for the most part the staff were friendly and had conversations with me during appointments. The nurses that did my two IUI procedures were so sweet and really made me feel like I was their biggest appointment of the day.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Dr. Zimon suggested we start with medicated IUI cycles before jumping into IVF, which we agreed with. She had suggested that I take letrozole but I had already done 3 rounds of Clomid with my OB and since I had ovulated with that mediation we decided to stick with that. For both rounds of IUI I used an Ovidrel trigger shot. Our first round failed but our second round was successful!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff at CCRM is excellent. They were always so friendly both over the phone and in person and never seemed annoyed by my sometimes too many questions. I didn't have one specific nurse assigned to me but did find that most of the nurses knew what was going on my case. There was an instance or two where I was given incorrect information but after questioning it the nurses were able to backtrack and provide the correct info. For both of my IUI procedures the nurses were fantastic. I was very nervous the first time and the two nurses with me were so friendly and made me as comfortable as possible. I also think that the nurses are really great at providing extra comfort throughout my time at CCRM being that I wasn't allowed to bring my husband to any appointments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM is a really great clinic. It was always incredibly clean and I found it to be warm and inviting (as warm and inviting as a DRs office can be). The doctors, nursing staff and phlebotomists were all excellent. I felt that I was getting the best care I could possible receive from their staff. I think their biggest weakness is their front desk staff. While the front desk was always very nice when I came into the office trying to get an appointment through them was incredibly frustrating to the point where I almost switched clinics. I would be told they would call me within a specific time frame, but I usually had to call them and then they would transfer me to the nurses (where I would need to leave a message) and then the front desk would end up calling me later that day or the next day. I had a couple of experiences where I ended up having to call the morning of the day I was supposed to have a monitoring appointment to get on the schedule and then would have to rush to the office. Going through fertility treatment is stressful enough but the scheduling issues made it so much more difficult.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Our insurance covered our appointments at CCRM. We were responsible for copays which on the high end were about $150 (multiple blood tests). Usually our out of pocket costs were around $15-$30
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
There were a couple of instances where I was provided with conflicting information but I was able to catch it and discuss it with the DR/nurse before doing anything.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Zimon creates specifically individualized treatments for me and I know I was not treated like everyone else. She evaluated my PCO(S) and explained what it means to not have the (S) Syndrome. She works very hard to help me out to the best of her ability and even reached out to the Colorado headquarters of CCRM to ask about clinical trials they are doing for PCOS and whether I could participate.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff [CCRM Boston] truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject!
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon will truly listen and take your thoughts into account before creating an IVF or embryo transfer plan so please share all of your thoughts and any research you have done.
Dr. Zimon's care is very personal and I feel like she is very invested in getting me pregnant. She is very sincere and talks to me like she's known me for years. She is completely empathetic and cares deeply to try and help me get pregnant.
She used very low dose for egg retrieval IVF cycle and each time she has lowered the doses as I respond dramatically to the medications. During embryo transfer she did a histamine protocol which included Claritin, Pepcid, baby aspirin and vitamin A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, Allison)
The nurses and staff are extremely caring and tried to answer my multitude of questions. Their response time was usually within 48 hours via email portal or telephone.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject! It really matters which clinic you choose! The two doctors did virtually all of my ultrasounds which was a great plus compared to the other two clinics that I did IVF cycles. Other clinics had technicians do ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
$15,000 - $20,000 IVF cycle w/ ICSI, Genetic Testing, etc.
My embryo's were genetically tested therefore they should have worked. Putting two embryos in could have put me at a high risk pregnancy carrying twins.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications...conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Overall, the nurses [at CCRM Boston] were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I have only positive things to say about Dr. Styer and my experience being his patient. I really couldn't have asked for a better doctor and would absolutely go back to him again if need be.
Try to relax because you are in good hands.
Dr. Styer conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Because of my age and number of miscarriages, we went right to IVF after doing many tests. There was nothing to indicate why I was miscarrying other than my age. I did the work up, then the egg retrieval and genetic testing, then the transfer about a month later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Overall, the nurses were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is easy to get to and has free parking, which is great considering how many times you have to be there. The waiting area, patient rooms, and consult rooms are clean and modern. The receptionists are friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
I never had a problem scheduling appointments and I very rarely had to wait.
about 6K
Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications. I was very relieved, actually, to not have to make the choice.
Chestnut Hill

Felt accurately educated [by Dr. Styer] on the pros and cons [of Eset]. No real concern...Very personable, explains treatments and outcomes. After the failed transfer instead of just pushing through for the next cycle, he sat down with us in person... seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
had to call the on-call nurse [at CCRM Boston] to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening...They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance...Compared to other places, the staff seems great and compassionate. I have no real complaints. I've had other clinics that don't return calls or speak back to you in a condescending tone. CCRM is nothing like that; they are all great people, understanding and helpful. I've had a good experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone who is going through this.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Personable Doctor who seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
Discuss if genetic testing is the best way to accomplish the end goal in detail with him. We felt like if you had a large quantity of eggs, it would be a no brainer, but otherwise it's a gamble.
We had a fairly standard protocol from what we could gather. We had extra vials at the end of the retrieval, because one vial was go for a few days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The staff have all been genuinely great, compassionate and helpful even when calling off-hours with questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
In MA the costs are covered by insurance, but we had co-pays for visits and medications. The only thing not covered by insurance is the genetic testing at 3K per test. They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance. A 28% APR loan is NOT financial aid, it's highway robbery.
Felt accurately educated on the pros and cons. No real concern.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
Had a minor frustration with paperwork once. It was not the end of the world, but just slightly annoying once. We also had to call the on-call nurse to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage...She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval...Sometimes I needed to be persistent in contacting the nursing staff. Also the handouts they give for medication are not always clear or user friendly...I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points...But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is phenomenal. She was patient, compassionate, explained everything well, and was confident yet realistic. The difference in her practice (as opposed to the ivf factory style practices) was most pronounced at the retrievals and transfers. The retrievals were calm and smooth. Once I was the only patient there for retrieval, and the other time I was one of two. This is a world of difference from the factory clinics where you feel like you are on an assembly line. During transfers at the factory clinics, I was told I had a weird bend in my cervix and they had a difficult time and used various catheters, which made the process stressful and uncomfortable, and had us leave right after. At Dr. Zimon’s practice, she noted that the bend was due to my bladder being too full, removed all the equipment, she and the embryologist waited in the room while the nurse took me to the bathroom to partially empty, and then started anew and the procedure was easy, then they let us stay in the room (reclined) for as long as we wanted. The factory clinic didn’t have the time to do what was needed to correct the situation and let me suffer instead.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment!
Dr. Zimon is one of only two doctors at the practice and performed all ultrasounds herself during the monitoring phase of retrieval cycles, as well as the retrievals and transfers. She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
I had previously done three rounds of ivf at another practice resulting in few (1-3) mature eggs each cycle, fresh 3 day transfers due to the low number of embryos, and none that made it to day 5 to test/freeze, resulting in a single clinical pregnancy. Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval, and did a second freeze all retrieval before doing a transfer for fertility preservation, with the same results! Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage .
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
It’s easy to get appointments, all staff are knowledgeable and helpful in person (nurses are a little difficult to communicate with between appointments), and it took a long time to get a refund that was owed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered all but the genetic testing
Dr. Zimon felt strongly (it may have been a requirement, I can’t remember) that only a single embryo be transferred if it was a day 5 with genetic testing because the likelihood of pregnancy was relatively good and the potential complications that could result from a transfer of multiples was too great. I was convinced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points, I can’t remember specifics. But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer was always enthusiastic and positive when we were having a bad day or days. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable by explaining everything in detail and even went as far as drawing things out for us as well. We felt very empowered by him to dive into this journey without fear and without and any regrets.... Dr. Styer made a point to really ask us as "humans" how we were doing emotionally and how he could help us. We were so touch ed and impressed.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is beautiful! Everything from the calmness of the receptionist to the nurses and the cleanliness of the facility was so refreshing. They got me into treatment in a smooth manner and I did not feel rushed!... It was great because they scheduled me to see Dr. Styer most time. I also saw his partner a few times as well and she was great too! Since the docs to the ultrasound, they give you feedback immediately.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would say that you can feel that he always has your best interests as his priority and will do all he can to make sure you have the best success.
After reviewing my history and prior treatments, Dr. Styer stopped to ask me and my husband how we were feeling about everything. In the other I was at before Dr. Styer, there was big rush to get to treatment and no one every asked about how we were coping with all of the stress of not getting pregnant. Dr. Styer made a point to really ask us as "humans" how we were doing emotionally and how he could help us. We were so touch ed and impressed.
Cetrotide, Gonal F, Menopur, genetic testing of embryos and frozen thaw transfer of normal embryo
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nurses always spent so much time with me to ensure that I understood everything and that we knew what we were doing. Their care was so much better than the clinic I was at before them. They really showed that they cared!
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
First off. The clinic is beautiful! Everything from the calmness of the receptionist to the nurses and the cleanliness of the facility was so refreshing. They got me into treatment in a smooth manner and I did not feel rushed! I have to say that my experience was so very memorable
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great because they scheduled me to see Dr. Styer most time. I also saw his partner a few times as well and she was great too! Since the docs to the ultrasound, they give you feedback immediately. It is very nice!
All was covered
He advised that single transfer is as effective as two and is safer in certain patients. And he was right!
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer and his staff were so very responsive to our phone calls and to our portal messages and they really showed us a "world class" experience and were so sensitive to us and really go us to pregnancy quickly...made a point of trying to do all of my procedures and ultrasound and really personalized my experience. We were so happy with our experience and felt like he and his staff really cared about us.
The nurses [at CCRM Boston] provided prompt responsiveness and incredible compassion to me at all times. I really felt like I was very capable and caring hands at all times...The clinic was very efficient and they really made my visits convenient for me. I am in the customer service industry and their customer service was top notch. They made feel like they really cared about us and put our care as their top priority
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would just say that you can feel empowered to ask him and his staff questions. They are great about answering all of your questions and making you feel listened to. They really care!
Firstly, Dr. Styer really focused on asking me everything about my history and really focused the questions and concerns that my husband and I had about infertility and the treatments. He also made a point of trying to do all of my procedures and ultrasound and really personalized my experience. We were so happy with our experience and felt like he and his staff really cared about us.
Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The nurses provided prompt responsiveness and incredible compassion to me at all times. I really felt like I was very capable and caring hands at all times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great experience. I got to see Dr. Styer at each visit and go feedback from him and the nursing team then.
all covered by insurance
Yes, he was a big advocate for single embryo testing. We did genetic testing on embryos and we transferred one normal one to reduce risk of twins for my safety
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer takes his time with you, knows your history, and conveys compassion and empathy.... Dr. Styer is an exceptional physician. I just completed a retrieval and learned there are no eggs to send off to test. Despite this, I believe there is no other doctor I would want to treat me. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing everything he can to help me have a baby. He is encouraging, thorough, treats you as a partner, and thinks critically at every turn how he may adjust for a better outcome. His communication skills are spot on.
Appointments are on time, the facility is easy to get to, ample parking, and the clinic itself [CCRM Boston] is immaculate. It feels very cutting edge. The reception staff are kind and helpful and the billing/insurance person is also eager to assist in any way possible. Liz does a great job of explaining benefits and options. She goes above and beyond in using her familiarity with the insurance billing process to help you resolve any issues.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer is an exceptional physician. I just completed a retrieval and learned there are no eggs to send off to test. Despite this, I believe there is no other doctor I would want to treat me. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing everything he can to help me have a baby. He is encouraging, thorough, treats you as a partner, and thinks critically at every turn how he may adjust for a better outcome. His communication skills are spot on. I can also tell he is skilled at reading people. He knew just when he might offer a little more detail or assurance. He is warm, friendly, and understanding. He makes you feel like he’s truly rooting for you. Trying to conceive has been a long and difficult journey. If we try another cycle and it doesn’t work, I will know I received the best treatment possible, without a doubt.
Don’t hesitate. You’d be in great hands.
Agonist protocol (estrace, clomid, hgh, gonal f 300, menapur 150, cetrotide, double trigger (lupron and novarel)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
All of the nurses I interacted with were friendly, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is CCRM Boston (not MGH) Appointments are on time, the facility is easy to get to, ample parking, and the clinic itself is immaculate. It feels very cutting edge. The reception staff are kind and helpful and the billing/insurance person is also eager to assist in any way possible. Liz does a great job of explaining benefits and options. She goes above and beyond in using her familiarity with the insurance billing process to help you resolve any issues.
We have some insurance to help with the cost but it’s minimal. We paid out of pocket for all meds and any pgs/ccs testing we would have done
We didn’t get that far
Chestnut Hill
From our first meeting with him [Dr. Styer], he explained things in a simple way and laid out our options. There was no pressure to move forward, but when we did, Dr. Styer was at every appointment...even called me on a Saturday night to change a dosage after he reviewed my blood work. He has a wonderful bedside manner...was smart and friendly...We never felt like a number. He was confident that we could get pregnant but was also honest in regards to what it might take. I felt like the care I was getting was absolutely individual to me.
Strengths [at CCRM Boston] - you see the doctor for every appointment, it's small and personal, little wait time, modern/new/clean office space, trustworthy team...Cons - the location can be tricky to get to coming from the suburbs but better than Boston; I wish I could have emailed the doctor directly through the portal instead of the nurses...nurses were always so helpful...Karen was great at overall explanation and communication. The nurses seemed quite busy but were willing to stop and answer questions. I frequently used voicemail to ask a question and would get a call back fairly quickly.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was smart and friendly. He explained things clearly and with compassion. We never felt like a number. He was confident that we could get pregnant but was also honest in regards to what it might take. I felt like the care I was getting was absolutely individual to me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions in your consultation or via follow-up. Dr. Styer is happy to take questions via phone or you can use the portal. Ask whatever you need to be comfortable.
From our first meeting with him, he explained things in a simple way and laid out our options. There was no pressure to move forward, but when we did, Dr. Styer was at every appointment and the nurses were always so helpful. Dr. Styer even called me on a Saturday night to change a dosage after he reviewed my blood work. He has a wonderful bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Strengths - you see the doctor for every appointment, it's small and personal, little wait time, modern/new/clean office space, trustworthy team Cons - the location can be tricky to get to coming from the suburbs but better than Boston; I wish I could have emailed the doctor directly through the portal instead of the nurses but I understand why.
Paid out of pocket for CCS
eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
I had to call to get my pregnancy test result. I waited all day for a call and then I called for the results and Dr. Styer called me back instead of the nurse. Waiting for a call back (or having to follow up) was not typical experience - they were normally on top of everything.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer showed compassion and knew who I was at each visit. He had honest conversations with us, providing pros and cons for each treatment/procedure/option without swaying us in a specific direction, gave us the time to ask all of our questions and talked to us in a manner that we could fully understand. Dr. Styer as of date has completed all of my ivf cycle ultrasounds, the pre ivf procedures and egg retrieval procedure with the exception of two weekend visits that I saw another doctor.
Everyone [CCRM Boston] has been very caring, kind, compassionate and attentive during each visit. The primary receptionist is always very kind and helpful, however I have called a few times and the phone has been answered by someone else and I did feel as though they were a little short with me on the phone. The case manager who deals with the insurance portion of things has also been very great and made multiple phone calls to ensure my insurance coverage.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Take the time to ask all questions and voice all concerns, Dr. Styer will take the time with you without making you feel rushed in any way.
Dr. Styer, the nurse and the rest of the staff showed compassion for my individual case and struggles. I felt like they all truly cared about me and our outcomes.
Ivf fresh cycle - gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, pregnyl trigger shot, Lupron trigger, cabergoline. - 12 eggs, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos at day 7. Day 7 embryo biopsy for comprehensive chromosome screening (due to 3 failed fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle resulting in 1 chemical pregnancy and 1 miscarriage ) CCS result- all four embryos with normal chromosome. Plan for two embryo frozen transfer. Currently completing Lupron injections started at 10 and now at 5 units and estrogen patches, started at 1 and now at 3. Plan for IM progesterone and endometrin progresterone prior to frozen transfer which is scheduled in 15 days
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen Londergan )
Karen has been my primary nurse and has been absolutely amazing and has gone above and beyond for my specific case
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Everyone has been very caring, kind, compassionate and attentive during each visit. The primary receptionist is always very kind and helpful, however I have called a few times and the phone has been answered by someone else and I did feel as though they were a little short with me on the phone. The case manager who deals with the insurance portion of things has also been very great and made multiple phone calls to ensure my insurance coverage. She did go on vacation at one point and it did not seem like there was adequate coverage for her and my case got stuck in limbo until she returned which was frustrating. The girls in the lab are great at what they do and very nice. Embryologist called and provided information in a timely manner and answered questions
My cycle is covered under insurance with 80%co pay. We have paid ~$400 so far for appointments. Do to copay majority of my fresh cycle medications were out of pocket ~$2,500. CCS testing and freezing the embryos were not covered by insurance and the out of pocket cost ~$5,000. To complete the actual transfer from the frozen embryos ends up being another cycle and with my insurance it makes more sense to pay out of pocket ~$5,500 and the cost of meds that are covered by insurance were ~$400 copay
Due to our history Dr. Styer provides pros and cons of single vs multiple embryos transfer without swaying us in one way or another. We have decided to complete a two embryo transfer
Chestnut Hill

Dr Styer is the most compassionate trustworthy and professional doctor...Dr Styer has treated us like humans from the beginning. He knew our records front and back, asked about how we are doing emotionally, described what his approach would be and why. Since meeting him we have done numerous tests that have provided us with great answers that are heading us on the right track for our first cycle with Dr Styer. He explains in detail every test, why we are doing it, what the outcome is and how to proceed all while being one of the nicest caring professionals I've encountered
I love everything about this clinic [CCRM Boston]. It is brand new so everything is new, state-of-the-art, clean and beautiful. I love that I feel that I am a human at this clinic and not just a number. It is not crowded ever. Anyone who calls you knows who you are exactly why they're calling and what they need from you. The doctors are always available the nurses are always available and they always do what they say they're going to. I love that everything takes place in this clinic there is not one thing that you need to do elsewhere.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr Styer is the second ivf doctor my husband and I have been to. He differs in the best and every way possible than our first experience. Dr Styer is the most compassionate trustworthy and professional doctor. We started seeing him 2 months ago after a nightmare of an experience at a larger Waltham practice. Dr Styer has treated us like humans from the beginning. He knew our records front and back, asked about how we are doing emotionally, described what his approach would be and why. Since meeting him we have done numerous tests that have provided us with great answers that are heading us on the right track for our first cycle with Dr Styer. He explains in detail every test, why we are doing it, what the outcome is and how to proceed all while being one of the nicest caring professionals I've encountered. I can't wait for our first cycle with Dr Styer.
Have complete faith in him his team and process.
At my previous Doctor. I was never treated by him or nurses as more than a number or burden. Doctor Styer has made this process bearable again. He takes the time to get to know you and your partner, he asks about your emotions, he talks to you directly, he openly and whole heartedly is interested in getting you pregnant and takes the necessary steps to get there and explains everything he's doing and why. He is the most caring doctor I have ever been to. I have no doubt he and his team will bring us our miracle.
At our first meeting Dr Styer drew blood to see where my hcg levels were at after my miscarriage. Once I was at 0 and then got a normal period he did yearly bloodwork on my husband and I. Next we did a hysteroscopy to check my uterus, biopsy and do a mock transfer. From the biopsy we found out I have inflammation. And we also saw product of conception. We did a surgical hysteroscopy to clean out the uterus. Started antibiotics to get rid of inflammation. Next we are waiting to start the estrogen patches
Karen, Andrea, Ellen, jackie, jeannie, Jaime, both liz's are all fantastic. They are all very organized, compassionate, friendly, professional, knowledgeable and treat you like they've known you for years.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I love everything about this clinic. It is brand new so everything is new, state-of-the-art, clean and beautiful. I love that I feel that I am a human at this clinic and not just a number. It is not crowded ever. Anyone who calls you knows who you are exactly why they're calling and what they need from you. The doctors are always available the nurses are always available and they always do what they say they're going to. I love that everything takes place in this clinic there is not one thing that you need to do elsewhere.
Everything has been covered under insurance
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Styer always greets me with a smile and cares about my comfort and level of understanding at every step of the process. He understands the nuances of my particular case which I greatly appreciate and takes all of these details into thoughtful consideration. I feel like I am in very capable hands and very at ease when I am in his care... each decision thus far has been made based on my medical history, age, current relationship status, etc. and in consideration of my schedule which has felt perfectly in line with everything I could have hoped and more.
CCRM is a great place to get care. It is a lovely place with great staff and easy to get to. I am always comfortable and at ease and everyone is incredibly welcoming and friendly. The facility is very nice and parking is a breeze...Everyone at CCRM is incredibly kind and considerate. I can't say enough good things about them...The costs were very much in line with what I expected, and in some cases much less than I had feared...I feel like I am in very capable hands and very at ease when I am in his care.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Know what you want in your doctor and do your research so that you can build a rapport with him right away because he is so easy to connect with - it is worth it. And as is the case with all fertility care, try to have realistic expectations, but remain hopeful.
Dr. Styer is incredibly warm and considerate. He spends as much time with you as needed and cares about you as a person as well as a patient. He is exactly who you want as a clinical partner in this journey.
We are still working through these details, but each decision thus far has been made based on my medical history, age, current relationship status, etc. and in consideration of my schedule which has felt perfectly in line with everything I could have hoped and more.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Zimon took a great deal of time to meet with myself and my husband to discuss our fertility options. She was direct but supportive while also being optimistic....It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients....During the second round of the IUI it was not clear whether or not I needed to give myself a trigger shot. I had to call and speak to the on call doctor, which happened to be Dr. Zimon, to get this information.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is beautiful and Liz at the front desk is incredibly nice. For the past three visits, we have had to wait close to 30 minutes to be seen...There have been a few experiences where we have not gotten all of the information we needed when moving forward with a portion of treatment. The nurses have been incredibly apologetic in these situations; however, not having all the information we needed did create additional stress during an already stressful times.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I have no complaints! She has been wonderful to work with! She has been incredibly supportive throughout this process. It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients.
I would suggest asking as many questions as possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen, Andrea, Ellen)
My husband and I have enjoyed working with Karen and Andrea. They have both been incredibly understanding and supportive throughout this process. There have been a few experiences where we have not gotten all of the information we needed when moving forward with a portion of treatment. The nurses have been incredibly apologetic in these situations; however, not having all the information we needed did create additional stress during an already stressful times. There was also an occurrence when I had to remind the nurse that I was working with that I need to also have blood work in addition to the ultrasound to monitor my follicle growth.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is beautiful and Liz at the front desk is incredibly nice. For the past three visits, we have had to wait close to 30 minutes to be seen. While we understand that there are often waits when seeing doctors and nurses, there was little explanation as to why we were waiting.
$25 copay for visits with Dr. Zimon and procedures
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
When I went in for blood work 2 weeks after my first IUI, I was told that I would get the results by 12. I did not get a phone call from anyone, so at 3:15 I called CCRM to ask for my results, which were negative. During the second round of the IUI it was not clear whether or not I needed to give myself a trigger shot. I had to call and speak to the on call doctor, which happened to be Dr. Zimon, to get this information.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer gave us a fresh perspective to try other protocols/resources...He also read though our past records carefully when choosing next steps...Dr Styer was always prepared for our follow up appointments he never needed a reminder of our past cycles. We were confident we would have have success in his care...We were so defeated after multiple failures and a loss at a different clinic.
The [CCRM Boston] clinic's strengths are the doctors expertise and lab 100%. We made more blasts and higher quality blasts than our previous clinic. The weaknesses are the communication, sometimes its challenging getting a call back, especially when the clinic is busy...The nursing staff was great, we worked with Renee and other helpful nurses quite a bit.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
We were so defeated after multiple failures and a loss at a different clinic. Dr. Styer gave us a fresh perspective to try other protocols/resources at CCRM. He also read though our past records carefully when choosing next steps.
Trust the process, it may take more than one around to reach success.
We used every resources possible for success: ICSI, HGH, Calcium Ionophore. We had success using 150 GF/150 Menopur, Letrozole, HGH, Cetrotide and a 10k trigger. Another round we had success with 300 GF/150 Menopur.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff was great, we worked with Renee and other helpful nurses quite a bit. We sometimes didn't get calls back when they are busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic's strengths are the doctors expertise and lab 100%. We made more blasts and higher quality blasts than our previous clinic. The weaknesses are the communication, sometimes its challenging getting a call back, especially when the clinic is busy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
We didn't have a call back when waiting on our 2nd HCG test. We were thrilled to have the first HCG test be positive but worried the number wouldn't double. We ended up hearing from a doctor with good news after leaving a message with the on-call person.
Chestnut Hill

There was follow up banter and jokes between myself, my spouse and Dr. Styer. He remembered details about my fertility without having too “look back in my chart”...Dr. Styer is amazing, he is very knowledgeable, compassionate and down to earth...Single embryo transfer was what we both thought was best as I only had 2 embryos and hope to have 2 children.
Nursing staff [of CCRM] was always compassionate and friendly, slightly hard to get ahold of and waited several hours to return phone calls, sometimes next day...[Lab result] 2 normal embryos from 9 mature eggs...[approx cost] some where around $40,000+...Great results, with live births! Nursing staff (back office) seemed over worked fielding calls in triage..
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer is amazing, he is very knowledgeable, compassionate and down to earth. Hands down the most caring Dr with great bedside manner and staff. I have 100% trust in him. He gave me the best gift I’ve ever received, my Son.
I didn’t go see this clinic first time around because they were more expensive and I’m self pay, well huge mistake on my part I lost 9 mature eggs to what I feel was a lab mistake. I wasted 9 eggs when I had low egg reserve. I would send anyone here, this is the best place in Boston!
2 egg retrievals, back to back due to karotype issue and low ovaries reserve. Result, 2 normal embryos from 9 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Nursing staff was always compassionate and friendly, slightly hard to get ahold of and waited several hours to return phone calls, sometimes next day.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Great results, with live births! Nursing staff (back office) seemed over worked fielding calls in triage - issues getting calls back same day, clinic nurses where friendly, helpful and very supportive!
Roughly probably some where around $40,000+
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Z[imon] had great manner, but the nursing staff didn't. It seemed like the provider would say one thing and the nurse would say another. It was hard to get clear answers...was attentive but didn't help with advocacy or information in our case. She moves really quickly and wasn't always able to break thing down in easy to understand language. As mentioned, the communication between her and the rest fo the staff was not good...We transferred after two missed cycles due to poor communication.
Poor communication between the provider and the nursing staff [at CCRM Boston] resulted in two missed cycles for us. We got calls for apologies but nothing changed...was one of the most expensive places in Boston. I don't remember costs, but I remember thinking if they actually provided a boutique service, then maybe the additional cost was worth it. I didn't receive a boutique services, so I left...It's a new clinic so has a lot of bells & whistles. There were really obvious growing pains that weren't addressed when we were there, and I'm not sure expanding the offices at the time was the best. I hope they've since done better work to ensure good flow of information and keeping everyone on track.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon was attentive but didn't help with advocacy or information in our case. She moves really quickly and wasn't always able to break thing down in easy to understand language. As mentioned, the communication between her and the rest fo the staff was not good.
If she communicates something to you, ask how and when it will be communicated to the support staff as well as what to do if there are differences being communicated back to you.
Dr. Z had great manner, but the nursing staff didn't. It seemed like the provider would say one thing and the nurse would say another. It was hard to get clear answers.
We transferred after two missed cycles due to poor communication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
Poor communication between the provider and the nursing staff resulted in two missed cycles for us. We got calls for apologies but nothing changed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
CCRM was one of the most expensive places in Boston. I don't remember costs, but I remember thinking if they actually provided a boutique service, then maybe the additional cost was worth it. I didn't receive a boutique services, so I left.

2018, 10 Eggs Frozen
I was quite overwhelmed about trying preserve my fertility. Most of my friends have kids and I have been feeling really down about being single and not doing anything to ensure becoming a parent in the future. Dr. Styer really took the time to discuss with me and to validate my feelings. He really listened to me and even held my hand when I cried here and there:) He was very compassionate
The clinic [CCRM Boston] was really well run from being on time to learning about the finances. There was never any questions in my mind as to what I was going to be doing. Everyone was so nice too! They were all so professional and really made sure all the details were handled well.... The nursing care was outstanding. I felt like they really cared about me. I have always felt like a number at other clinics. But here, it was definitely different!
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
He was so very personable and really explained everything well. Every time I saw him, I felt as though I learned something more about myself and really felt well cared for. It was great experience. I did not think I would enjoy going to the doctors' office so much!
I would say to be very open about what you do and do not know. I would also say to ask all questions that come to mind.
Birth control pills Cetrotide, Gonal F Meniopur
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic was really well run from being on time to learning about the finances. There was never any questions in my mind as to what I was going to be doing. Everyone was so nice too! They were all so professional and really made sure all the details were handled well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great because the doctors do all the ultrasounds and give you feedback on the spot
I paid for it all since I did egg freezing
not applicable