Selling medication is not offered

90 Libbey Parkway MA
Weymouth, MA 02189

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up...She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
[CCRM Boston costs] $7730 for the egg freezing. My insurance covered the visits, lab tests and some of the medications...lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
My biggest issue with Dr. Zimon is that she was sometimes unclear with me, like about when and for how long I was supposed to take certain medications. This led me to make mistakes and screw up my care. I was on a timeline, so this was problematic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Write down her instructions and ask clarifying questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up. For example she prescribed me estrogen that I wasn't supposed to take until later, but there were no instructions about that on the medication and that wasn't clearly explained, so I just started taking it when I shouldn't have. She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Where do I begin. I was on a timeline (I had about 3 months before moving out of state and wanted to do the egg freezing before). Right from the get-go everything went poorly. During my first appointment they didn't do the vaginal ultrasound they were supposed to do, which set back my timeline. The nurse who scheduled my first appointment didn't respond to my messages, further setting things back. While the woman who did my labs was super nice and great, every time i needed to get in touch with a nurse, i went straight to voicemail and often didn't get responses on the patient portal. They just seemed totally disorganized.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is extremely disorganized. I would NOT recommend going there. There are so many bad things I could say about my experience, but I suppose the most important ones are 1) I had three months to do egg freezing before moving out of state and various moments of lack of communication and unclear instructions meant it kept getting pushed back until it didn't happen and 2) I needed a refund of the almost $8000 I paid for the egg freezing and it took literally over two months for me to get the money back. Countless calls to their financial patient advisor went direct to voicemail and went unanswered, and while she was very nice, she had very little information for me. Only when I emailed the CEO to raise the issue did I get a check in the mail, and the first check I was sent bounced.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Boston?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
As I mentioned, lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
Alison Zimon