Selling medication is not offered

South Shore Office
90 Libbey Parkway MA
Weymouth, MA 02189

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Zimon is caring and compassionate. She is exceptionally knowledgable in the world of reproductive medicine, and is able to explain intricate medical details in terms understandable by patients. She takes the time to get to know her patients, both medically and personally and is truly invested in their happiness and success...From the outset, Dr. Zimon prescribed Ovidrel trigger shots as needed prior to our IUI procedures. After the 6th failed IUI, her professional recommendation was that we move forward with IVF.
While we have had a very positive experience at CCRM-Boston overall, there have been a handful of missteps along the way. The biggest misstep occurred at the start of our journey when both the nursing staff and our doctor failed to identify the need for an updated immunization until 8 months after the initial bloodwork had been completed. This error ultimately resulted in a 3 month delay of our treatment timeline...Each cycle costs (at time of review) is $1360, which includes bloodwork, monitoring, sperm thaw, sperm wash, and the IUI procedure itself.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't hesitate to be open and honest and forthcoming with your questions. Dr. Zimon will handle them with care and answer them thoroughly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
From the day that we met her, Dr. Zimon took great care to learn about us not only medically, but on a personal level. Each and every time she sees us, it is clear that she is familiar with our case inside and out. Dr. Zimon doesn't rely on my chart to know who I am or my medical history. She takes the time to learn about my family and me as a person, making it known that I am more than a number or a medical record.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
From the outset, Dr. Zimon prescribed Ovidrel trigger shots as needed prior to our IUI procedures. After the 6th failed IUI, her professional recommendation was that we move forward with IVF. Unfortuantely, due to limitations in our insurance coverage, we were forced to continue with 6 more cycles of IUI. At this point, Dr. Zimon prescribed a low dose (2.5 mg) of Letrozole. We then did 3 failed IUI cycles with a high dose (7.5 mg) of Letrizole. Our treatment is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are anxiously awaiting to hear when it is safe for us to resume treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
As a whole, we have had a very positive experience with Dr. Zimon's nursing team. The majority of the nurses we have worked with have been knowledgable, kind, and familiar with our case history. However, we have had a handful of miscommunications with select members of the nursing team. One of whom is no longer employed at CCRM.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
From the minute you walk in the door at CCRM-Boston, you are immediately treated as a person and not just a patient. From the front desk staff to the phlebotomists to the nurses and doctors, everyone takes the time to know you by name and welcomes you in with a smile. For families like mine who have been there longer than we had planned, we just know that every person in the clinic is routing for our success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
All expenses have been paid out of pocket due to lack of insurance coverage for LGBT fertility treatments. Each cycle costs (at time of review) is $1360, which includes bloodwork, monitoring, sperm thaw, sperm wash, and the IUI procedure itself.
Manchester

She [Dr. Zimon] was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered.
CCRM Boston is not a large center...mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number...The nursing staff is fantastic here at all levels. Everyone treated us like individuals and work incredibly hard. They are friendly and professional. It was again a major difference after coming from a large center where everything feels very impersonal and rushed. It was a delight to interact with them on monitoring and procedure days.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is extremely thorough, highly intelligent, compassionate and was willing to work with my particular situation. She was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered. I've had the experience of overly confident doctors and let downs, and I would much rather Dr. Zimon's approach. She absolutely made me feel like a partner during the whole process and I really appreciated it. She listened to my concerns and ideas, explained hers and worked to find a way we could meet in the middle if there were differences. I saw her at almost every appointment, she did all of my retrievals (not my IUI on my converted cycle - that was done by a wonderful nurse) and I always felt she was fully invested in my success. I highly recommend her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for what all of your options are, Dr. Zimon is always willing to explain the process and reasons behind the treatment process and protocol.
CCRM Boston is not a large center (unlike my previous experience at Cornell in NYC) - mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number.
I did three cycles with Dr. Zimon at CCRM. I have fairly significant DOR as well as male-factor, because of this, the first two were banking cycles, and the third was intended to be a fresh transfer. We agreed to an early freeze on the first two cycles. For the first cycle I did estrogen priming with micro-dose lupron cycle with max stims of Menopur and Follistim and omnitrope. We retrieved 5 eggs, of which 3 were mature and 2 fertilized and were frozen. The second cycle (another banking) was again estrogen priming with max doses of Menopur, Follistim and omnitrope, but we used clomid instead of the micro-dose lupron. We retrieved 5 eggs on that cycle of which 3 were mature all fertilized and were frozen. The following cycle was to be a complete cycle with fresh transfer. We went back to the micro-dose lurpon cycle and dropped the Menupur and Follistim down to 225/225. Unfortunately, due to my DOR I didn't respond as well and only one follicle developed. We planned to retrieve it, but it became ready to ovulate so instead we did an IUI - which worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I've been attending CCRM Boston for more than a year, and during that time they have grown a lot so I would say there were a few growing pains administratively. Nothing that had an impact on treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Because of our insurance we had treatments mostly covered, but had to pay out of pocket for medications. I believe they were approximately $8000 per cycle.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
I didn't make it to a transfer, but Dr. Zimon is a proponent of elective single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019, Successful
It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized...was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time [at CCRM Boston]. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since...since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank...is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is happy to answer all of them! He wants you to feel comfortable and educated on the treatment you are receiving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I felt like every member of the staff, including Dr. Styer was sensitive and caring. At previous clinics, we were given standard protocols without much thought. It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized.
Describe the protocols Aaron K. Styer used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
I have poor egg quality. Other clinics were pushing us towards donor eggs and I had read about other things to try before we pursued that route. We wanted to try everything we could using my own eggs and if it didn't work, we would move onto donor eggs, knowing we gave it our all. Dr. Styer did two cycles with my own eggs (we had done 4 at other clinics), trying things like HGH and clomid. We did get one beautiful looking embryo, however, it tested abnormal. After we accepted that IVF with my own eggs was not a possibility, we moved onto donor eggs and are so happy that we did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
We truly love all the nurses and medical assistants at CCRM. Each person was so warm, caring, and helpful throughout this process. There were some very difficult times for us, and we felt fully supported and truly cared about by everyone there. We always had plenty of opportunity to sit with the nurses to review treatment, ask any questions. They always returned my phone calls promptly and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston.
For cycles with my own eggs, we were covered by insurance. We paid out of pocket for donor eggs, but since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank.
Describe Aaron K. Styer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
For our two donor egg transfers, we transferred one embryo each time. The first cycle we only had one embryo, so there was no need for a discussion. For our second transfer, we personally did not want to transfer more than one, so we were comfortable with his suggestion of a single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Zimon's enthusiasm for her work is evident, and you can tell her mind is always working while you communicate with her. I always leave feeling hopeful, but with realistic expectations. She seems to truly care about her patients and has great bedside manner. I have never once questioned the calls she has made about my care, and having seen two doctors before her, I am aware that having confidence in your physician makes all the difference with your comfort during the IVF process.
When I first started coming to CCRM [Boston] it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while...With so much information being presented to me in the beginning, I often felt overwhelmed, and either missed a few pieces of information, or some instructions for next steps weren't clearly presented. All the nurses are very pleasant and have never made me feel bad for calling to confirm information. They are compassionate professionals, and I am eternally grateful for their wisdom.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to confirm your understanding of the process. It's your body, and the entire process can feel daunting and overwhelming, but having knowledge is key.
I'm not sure if she has an amazing memory, or just takes really detailed notes that she refers to, but Dr. Zimon always remembers EVERYTHING, which is greatly appreciated when you are a complex case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
When I first started coming to CCRM it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while. I wouldn't hesitate to refer family or friends here!
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer always remembers who I am, information about my specific case, and is truly invested in my success...He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with...The strengths of this clinic are the doctors, the embryologists, and some of the nurses. I would say the weakness is communication with the nurses who will coordinate your care. I never felt like I connected to any of them in my 1.5 years at the clinic and none of them remembered my case. I think it would be beneficial for nurses to be assigned specific patients.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I initially saw Dr. Styer in 2015 when he was at MGH and was able to have a son while under his care. I returned to MGH in 2018 but did not have a good experience and decided to follow Dr. Styer to CCRM even though it was a significant commute. He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
Just set up a meeting and connect with him. He’s incredibly informative and willing to work your case.
Two antagonist protocols and added HGH to second retrieval cycle. Also added letrozole to increase second wave of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Sara and Imane are fantastic. They’re the ones you have contact with at each visit (in the ultrasound room and phlebotomy). They were my personal cheerleaders and I felt that they were invested in me and my success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered everything but ccs testing.
The clinic prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer has excellent bedside manner. He has always taken the time to address each of our concerns, and makes himself available for follow up questions/concerns after our meetings. He has always acknowledged and empathized with our disappointment with our outcomes and is honest with us about what is going on and what options we have as we move forward...He continually checks in to make sure we are comfortable with our plan and communicates if there are changes during the cycle.
In general, very good communication. You can always get a live person during business hours to help navigate your needs. Front desk and nurses [at CCRM Boston] did their best to be accomodating during morning monitoring and time sensitive procedures/appointments. I liked that morning monitoring were by appointment, not walk in... Produced 6 eggs, 4 embryos, then 2 poor quality day 7 blasts that they did not biopsy
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
While we are obviously devastated at the outcome of our cycles, we have been very happy with Dr. Styer. We have seen many fertility doctors along our journey, and we have found him to be one of the most communicative, compassionate, and honest. We trust his judgement and also appreciate that we are part of the decision making of our treatment plan. He continually checks in to make sure we are comfortable with our plan and communicates if there are changes during the cycle.
Do not be afraid to ask questions and have your concerns addressed. Dr. Styer will work hard to make sure you are comfortable with the treatment plan and takes your concerns/personal and medical situations into account.
We had 2 cycles. First cycle, I was primed with estrogen patch, then took omnitrope for egg quality. Then I took high dose gonal f and menopur for about 11 days, with cetrotide to inhibit ovulation. Had HCG (10K units and lupron co-trigger. Produced 6 eggs, 4 embryos, then 2 poor quality day 7 blasts that they did not biopsy (said too poor quality). Second cycle: primed with estradiol PO, took omnitrope for longer time, lupron. Then again, high dose gonal-f and menopur. HCG trigger-10K units. Retrieved 6 eggs, 2 fertlized, no blasts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff was much better than any other nursing staff I have worked with through my infertility journey. I had 1 or 2 primary nurses (Jen and Renee), but also others I spoke to. Their communication with me has been excellent. They returned my calls always the same day, and almost always within a couple hours. I felt like they were invested in my journey, and I felt very comfortable asking them questions. It meant a lot to me when one of them expressed her condolences after my second cycle did not produce any blasts again.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
In general, very good communication. You can always get a live person during business hours to help navigate your needs. Front desk and nurses did their best to be accomodating during morning monitoring and time sensitive procedures/appointments. I liked that morning monitoring were by appointment, not walk in.
on top of usual IVF and medication costs, I also had to pay extra for services that had no insurance coverage, such as omnitrope (very expensive) and calcium ionophore to activate my eggs.
Sadly, I did not get to embryo transfer because I never made any blasts for transfer.
Framingham

Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process....I just completed my first IUI with Dr. Zimon. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then took letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on day 9 for a monitoring appointment. I then went in for two additional monitoring appointments on days 12 and 15. I was able to administer the trigger shot on the evening of day 15 and did IUI on day 17. I did not see Dr. Zimon at all the day of my IUI.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.... If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process. CCRM is a newer facility in Boston and it shows because things can seem disorganized at times. If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits. The nurses are very caring and I feel like family there! The online portal has room for improvement as lab results are not posted automatically.
Ask questions!
It had been a frustrating process just to get to CCRM because my OB gave me the old age advice "wait a year, then we'll talk about referring you out." I finally decided to seek out treatment on my own and as soon as I met with Dr. Zimon she made me feel heard and validated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
I am very lucky that I have very good insurance coverage for infertility treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
During the diagnostic testing period, the clinic failed to fully explain the logistics of the genetic testing that was being asked of me and my husband. They had scheduled me for some bloodwork and I indicated that I would like my genetic testing to be done at the same time. It was not until I already had a needle in my arm that they told me that the timing of my husband's genetic testing was crucial (it needed to be done within 24 hours of mine). I had to go back the next week to do the genetic testing due to this error.
Framingham

Dr Styer takes the time to discuss my progress with me at each appointment. He also took his time with explaining our results from our previous clinic and all of the testing we had done. He answers all of our questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. He speaks compassionately to us and makes us feel like we are important.... I had gone through a Lupron Flare and one other protocol at another clinic and I hadn’t produced any eggs (low AMH). By the time we got to CCRM, we were ready to move to donor eggs when it was suggested by Dr Styer.
This clinic [CCRM Boston] is new and beautiful. You feel welcome as soon as you walk in. It is smaller than some other clinics so you feel like a person and not a number. Sometimes the appointments can run late but the trade off of being at a smaller clinic where the nurses are available to answer your questions in person is worth it.... The nursing staff is always available to answer questions. They are kind and compassionate and they don’t make you feel crazy for asking any sorts of questions.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
By the time we met with Dr Styer, we had gone through two unsuccessful IVF cycles at another clinic and a consult at a second clinic. As soon as we met Dr Styer, we knew we would be staying with CCRM. He was realistic with us about expectations and our course of treatment, but also compassionate to our situation. He is easy to talk to and answers questions thoughtfully. When we had some minor scheduling and communication issues with other professionals at CCRM, he was quick to resolve them.
Make your appointment with him ASAP
I had gone through a Lupron Flare and one other protocol at another clinic and I hadn’t produced any eggs (low AMH). By the time we got to CCRM, we were ready to move to donor eggs when it was suggested by Dr Styer. We are in the middle of a donor egg cycle now. I completed a mock cycle last month with good results. This involved Lupron, Progesterone, Crinone, Ultrasounds and an Endometrial Biopsy. All procedures are performed by Dr Styer so we could discuss the results immediately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Julie Gold)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
This clinic is new and beautiful. You feel welcome as soon as you walk in. It is smaller than some other clinics so you feel like a person and not a number. Sometimes the appointments can run late but the trade off of being at a smaller clinic where the nurses are available to answer your questions in person is worth it.
We are in a donor egg cycle, so with insurance covering some of the costs we have to pay about 25,000. This includes payments to the donor egg clinic.
He strongly suggested (in fact it felt like the only option) doing a single embryo transfer. He said the odds were not any better for us if we were to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Framingham

She [Dr. Alison Zimon] makes you feel as if you're her only patient. The care I receive from her is far superior to my previous clinic...She is very easy to talk to and explains all details of your treatment. The care I've received from her is so much more than my pervious clinic. She actually listens to my concerns and is willing to try other protocols. My first cycle with her resulted in the most embroys making it to freeze out of the 3 cycles I've had! I have not had a transfer yet but I am very hopeful that she will help us get our miracle baby.
We had 36 retrieved, 24 mature, 18 fertilized & 8 blasts to biopsy & freeze [at CCRM Boston]. Currently waiting on chromosome testing results...The only weakness so far has been with the billing department. They forgot to submit a bill to insurance but they fixed the issue quickly. So far, I've had a great experience overall...I was supposed to have bloodwork at one of my appointments but they told me they didn't have an order for it. At my next appointment, I was told that I should have had it done at the previous appointment (like I thought). It wasn't anything that was going to delay my cycle so it wasn't a big inconvenience.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. She will listen!
She makes you feel as if you're her only patient. The care I receive from her is far superior to my previous clinic.
My stim protocol started with 150 follistim & 150 menopur for the first 2 days, then tapered down after each monitoring appointment. I stated cetrotide on day 4 and did a dual trigger of hgc & lupron. She monitored my cycles very closely, aso to not over stim me, which happened in the past. I respond very well to stims and we were trying to avoid OHSS. We had 36 retrieved, 24 mature, 18 fertilized & 8 blasts to biopsy & freeze. Currently waiting on chromosome testing results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The only weakness so far has been with the billing department. They forgot to submit a bill to insurance but they fixed the issue quickly. So far, I've had a great experience overall. .
Manchester

Felt accurately educated [by Dr. Styer] on the pros and cons [of Eset]. No real concern...Very personable, explains treatments and outcomes. After the failed transfer instead of just pushing through for the next cycle, he sat down with us in person... seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
had to call the on-call nurse [at CCRM Boston] to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening...They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance...Compared to other places, the staff seems great and compassionate. I have no real complaints. I've had other clinics that don't return calls or speak back to you in a condescending tone. CCRM is nothing like that; they are all great people, understanding and helpful. I've had a good experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone who is going through this.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Personable Doctor who seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
Discuss if genetic testing is the best way to accomplish the end goal in detail with him. We felt like if you had a large quantity of eggs, it would be a no brainer, but otherwise it's a gamble.
We had a fairly standard protocol from what we could gather. We had extra vials at the end of the retrieval, because one vial was go for a few days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The staff have all been genuinely great, compassionate and helpful even when calling off-hours with questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
In MA the costs are covered by insurance, but we had co-pays for visits and medications. The only thing not covered by insurance is the genetic testing at 3K per test. They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance. A 28% APR loan is NOT financial aid, it's highway robbery.
Felt accurately educated on the pros and cons. No real concern.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
Had a minor frustration with paperwork once. It was not the end of the world, but just slightly annoying once. We also had to call the on-call nurse to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications...conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Overall, the nurses [at CCRM Boston] were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I have only positive things to say about Dr. Styer and my experience being his patient. I really couldn't have asked for a better doctor and would absolutely go back to him again if need be.
Try to relax because you are in good hands.
Dr. Styer conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Because of my age and number of miscarriages, we went right to IVF after doing many tests. There was nothing to indicate why I was miscarrying other than my age. I did the work up, then the egg retrieval and genetic testing, then the transfer about a month later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Overall, the nurses were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is easy to get to and has free parking, which is great considering how many times you have to be there. The waiting area, patient rooms, and consult rooms are clean and modern. The receptionists are friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
I never had a problem scheduling appointments and I very rarely had to wait.
about 6K
Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications. I was very relieved, actually, to not have to make the choice.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Zimon creates specifically individualized treatments for me and I know I was not treated like everyone else. She evaluated my PCO(S) and explained what it means to not have the (S) Syndrome. She works very hard to help me out to the best of her ability and even reached out to the Colorado headquarters of CCRM to ask about clinical trials they are doing for PCOS and whether I could participate.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff [CCRM Boston] truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject!
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon will truly listen and take your thoughts into account before creating an IVF or embryo transfer plan so please share all of your thoughts and any research you have done.
Dr. Zimon's care is very personal and I feel like she is very invested in getting me pregnant. She is very sincere and talks to me like she's known me for years. She is completely empathetic and cares deeply to try and help me get pregnant.
She used very low dose for egg retrieval IVF cycle and each time she has lowered the doses as I respond dramatically to the medications. During embryo transfer she did a histamine protocol which included Claritin, Pepcid, baby aspirin and vitamin A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, Allison)
The nurses and staff are extremely caring and tried to answer my multitude of questions. Their response time was usually within 48 hours via email portal or telephone.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject! It really matters which clinic you choose! The two doctors did virtually all of my ultrasounds which was a great plus compared to the other two clinics that I did IVF cycles. Other clinics had technicians do ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
$15,000 - $20,000 IVF cycle w/ ICSI, Genetic Testing, etc.
My embryo's were genetically tested therefore they should have worked. Putting two embryos in could have put me at a high risk pregnancy carrying twins.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage...She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval...Sometimes I needed to be persistent in contacting the nursing staff. Also the handouts they give for medication are not always clear or user friendly...I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points...But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is phenomenal. She was patient, compassionate, explained everything well, and was confident yet realistic. The difference in her practice (as opposed to the ivf factory style practices) was most pronounced at the retrievals and transfers. The retrievals were calm and smooth. Once I was the only patient there for retrieval, and the other time I was one of two. This is a world of difference from the factory clinics where you feel like you are on an assembly line. During transfers at the factory clinics, I was told I had a weird bend in my cervix and they had a difficult time and used various catheters, which made the process stressful and uncomfortable, and had us leave right after. At Dr. Zimon’s practice, she noted that the bend was due to my bladder being too full, removed all the equipment, she and the embryologist waited in the room while the nurse took me to the bathroom to partially empty, and then started anew and the procedure was easy, then they let us stay in the room (reclined) for as long as we wanted. The factory clinic didn’t have the time to do what was needed to correct the situation and let me suffer instead.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment!
Dr. Zimon is one of only two doctors at the practice and performed all ultrasounds herself during the monitoring phase of retrieval cycles, as well as the retrievals and transfers. She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
I had previously done three rounds of ivf at another practice resulting in few (1-3) mature eggs each cycle, fresh 3 day transfers due to the low number of embryos, and none that made it to day 5 to test/freeze, resulting in a single clinical pregnancy. Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval, and did a second freeze all retrieval before doing a transfer for fertility preservation, with the same results! Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage .
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
It’s easy to get appointments, all staff are knowledgeable and helpful in person (nurses are a little difficult to communicate with between appointments), and it took a long time to get a refund that was owed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered all but the genetic testing
Dr. Zimon felt strongly (it may have been a requirement, I can’t remember) that only a single embryo be transferred if it was a day 5 with genetic testing because the likelihood of pregnancy was relatively good and the potential complications that could result from a transfer of multiples was too great. I was convinced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points, I can’t remember specifics. But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer takes his time with you, knows your history, and conveys compassion and empathy.... Dr. Styer is an exceptional physician. I just completed a retrieval and learned there are no eggs to send off to test. Despite this, I believe there is no other doctor I would want to treat me. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing everything he can to help me have a baby. He is encouraging, thorough, treats you as a partner, and thinks critically at every turn how he may adjust for a better outcome. His communication skills are spot on.
Appointments are on time, the facility is easy to get to, ample parking, and the clinic itself [CCRM Boston] is immaculate. It feels very cutting edge. The reception staff are kind and helpful and the billing/insurance person is also eager to assist in any way possible. Liz does a great job of explaining benefits and options. She goes above and beyond in using her familiarity with the insurance billing process to help you resolve any issues.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer is an exceptional physician. I just completed a retrieval and learned there are no eggs to send off to test. Despite this, I believe there is no other doctor I would want to treat me. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing everything he can to help me have a baby. He is encouraging, thorough, treats you as a partner, and thinks critically at every turn how he may adjust for a better outcome. His communication skills are spot on. I can also tell he is skilled at reading people. He knew just when he might offer a little more detail or assurance. He is warm, friendly, and understanding. He makes you feel like he’s truly rooting for you. Trying to conceive has been a long and difficult journey. If we try another cycle and it doesn’t work, I will know I received the best treatment possible, without a doubt.
Don’t hesitate. You’d be in great hands.
Agonist protocol (estrace, clomid, hgh, gonal f 300, menapur 150, cetrotide, double trigger (lupron and novarel)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
All of the nurses I interacted with were friendly, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is CCRM Boston (not MGH) Appointments are on time, the facility is easy to get to, ample parking, and the clinic itself is immaculate. It feels very cutting edge. The reception staff are kind and helpful and the billing/insurance person is also eager to assist in any way possible. Liz does a great job of explaining benefits and options. She goes above and beyond in using her familiarity with the insurance billing process to help you resolve any issues.
We have some insurance to help with the cost but it’s minimal. We paid out of pocket for all meds and any pgs/ccs testing we would have done
We didn’t get that far
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer and his staff were so very responsive to our phone calls and to our portal messages and they really showed us a "world class" experience and were so sensitive to us and really go us to pregnancy quickly...made a point of trying to do all of my procedures and ultrasound and really personalized my experience. We were so happy with our experience and felt like he and his staff really cared about us.
The nurses [at CCRM Boston] provided prompt responsiveness and incredible compassion to me at all times. I really felt like I was very capable and caring hands at all times...The clinic was very efficient and they really made my visits convenient for me. I am in the customer service industry and their customer service was top notch. They made feel like they really cared about us and put our care as their top priority
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would just say that you can feel empowered to ask him and his staff questions. They are great about answering all of your questions and making you feel listened to. They really care!
Firstly, Dr. Styer really focused on asking me everything about my history and really focused the questions and concerns that my husband and I had about infertility and the treatments. He also made a point of trying to do all of my procedures and ultrasound and really personalized my experience. We were so happy with our experience and felt like he and his staff really cared about us.
Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The nurses provided prompt responsiveness and incredible compassion to me at all times. I really felt like I was very capable and caring hands at all times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great experience. I got to see Dr. Styer at each visit and go feedback from him and the nursing team then.
all covered by insurance
Yes, he was a big advocate for single embryo testing. We did genetic testing on embryos and we transferred one normal one to reduce risk of twins for my safety
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer was always enthusiastic and positive when we were having a bad day or days. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable by explaining everything in detail and even went as far as drawing things out for us as well. We felt very empowered by him to dive into this journey without fear and without and any regrets.... Dr. Styer made a point to really ask us as "humans" how we were doing emotionally and how he could help us. We were so touch ed and impressed.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is beautiful! Everything from the calmness of the receptionist to the nurses and the cleanliness of the facility was so refreshing. They got me into treatment in a smooth manner and I did not feel rushed!... It was great because they scheduled me to see Dr. Styer most time. I also saw his partner a few times as well and she was great too! Since the docs to the ultrasound, they give you feedback immediately.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would say that you can feel that he always has your best interests as his priority and will do all he can to make sure you have the best success.
After reviewing my history and prior treatments, Dr. Styer stopped to ask me and my husband how we were feeling about everything. In the other I was at before Dr. Styer, there was big rush to get to treatment and no one every asked about how we were coping with all of the stress of not getting pregnant. Dr. Styer made a point to really ask us as "humans" how we were doing emotionally and how he could help us. We were so touch ed and impressed.
Cetrotide, Gonal F, Menopur, genetic testing of embryos and frozen thaw transfer of normal embryo
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nurses always spent so much time with me to ensure that I understood everything and that we knew what we were doing. Their care was so much better than the clinic I was at before them. They really showed that they cared!
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
First off. The clinic is beautiful! Everything from the calmness of the receptionist to the nurses and the cleanliness of the facility was so refreshing. They got me into treatment in a smooth manner and I did not feel rushed! I have to say that my experience was so very memorable
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great because they scheduled me to see Dr. Styer most time. I also saw his partner a few times as well and she was great too! Since the docs to the ultrasound, they give you feedback immediately. It is very nice!
All was covered
He advised that single transfer is as effective as two and is safer in certain patients. And he was right!
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer showed compassion and knew who I was at each visit. He had honest conversations with us, providing pros and cons for each treatment/procedure/option without swaying us in a specific direction, gave us the time to ask all of our questions and talked to us in a manner that we could fully understand. Dr. Styer as of date has completed all of my ivf cycle ultrasounds, the pre ivf procedures and egg retrieval procedure with the exception of two weekend visits that I saw another doctor.
Everyone [CCRM Boston] has been very caring, kind, compassionate and attentive during each visit. The primary receptionist is always very kind and helpful, however I have called a few times and the phone has been answered by someone else and I did feel as though they were a little short with me on the phone. The case manager who deals with the insurance portion of things has also been very great and made multiple phone calls to ensure my insurance coverage.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Take the time to ask all questions and voice all concerns, Dr. Styer will take the time with you without making you feel rushed in any way.
Dr. Styer, the nurse and the rest of the staff showed compassion for my individual case and struggles. I felt like they all truly cared about me and our outcomes.
Ivf fresh cycle - gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, pregnyl trigger shot, Lupron trigger, cabergoline. - 12 eggs, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos at day 7. Day 7 embryo biopsy for comprehensive chromosome screening (due to 3 failed fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle resulting in 1 chemical pregnancy and 1 miscarriage ) CCS result- all four embryos with normal chromosome. Plan for two embryo frozen transfer. Currently completing Lupron injections started at 10 and now at 5 units and estrogen patches, started at 1 and now at 3. Plan for IM progesterone and endometrin progresterone prior to frozen transfer which is scheduled in 15 days
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen Londergan )
Karen has been my primary nurse and has been absolutely amazing and has gone above and beyond for my specific case
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Everyone has been very caring, kind, compassionate and attentive during each visit. The primary receptionist is always very kind and helpful, however I have called a few times and the phone has been answered by someone else and I did feel as though they were a little short with me on the phone. The case manager who deals with the insurance portion of things has also been very great and made multiple phone calls to ensure my insurance coverage. She did go on vacation at one point and it did not seem like there was adequate coverage for her and my case got stuck in limbo until she returned which was frustrating. The girls in the lab are great at what they do and very nice. Embryologist called and provided information in a timely manner and answered questions
My cycle is covered under insurance with 80%co pay. We have paid ~$400 so far for appointments. Do to copay majority of my fresh cycle medications were out of pocket ~$2,500. CCS testing and freezing the embryos were not covered by insurance and the out of pocket cost ~$5,000. To complete the actual transfer from the frozen embryos ends up being another cycle and with my insurance it makes more sense to pay out of pocket ~$5,500 and the cost of meds that are covered by insurance were ~$400 copay
Due to our history Dr. Styer provides pros and cons of single vs multiple embryos transfer without swaying us in one way or another. We have decided to complete a two embryo transfer
Chestnut Hill
From our first meeting with him [Dr. Styer], he explained things in a simple way and laid out our options. There was no pressure to move forward, but when we did, Dr. Styer was at every appointment...even called me on a Saturday night to change a dosage after he reviewed my blood work. He has a wonderful bedside manner...was smart and friendly...We never felt like a number. He was confident that we could get pregnant but was also honest in regards to what it might take. I felt like the care I was getting was absolutely individual to me.
Strengths [at CCRM Boston] - you see the doctor for every appointment, it's small and personal, little wait time, modern/new/clean office space, trustworthy team...Cons - the location can be tricky to get to coming from the suburbs but better than Boston; I wish I could have emailed the doctor directly through the portal instead of the nurses...nurses were always so helpful...Karen was great at overall explanation and communication. The nurses seemed quite busy but were willing to stop and answer questions. I frequently used voicemail to ask a question and would get a call back fairly quickly.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was smart and friendly. He explained things clearly and with compassion. We never felt like a number. He was confident that we could get pregnant but was also honest in regards to what it might take. I felt like the care I was getting was absolutely individual to me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions in your consultation or via follow-up. Dr. Styer is happy to take questions via phone or you can use the portal. Ask whatever you need to be comfortable.
From our first meeting with him, he explained things in a simple way and laid out our options. There was no pressure to move forward, but when we did, Dr. Styer was at every appointment and the nurses were always so helpful. Dr. Styer even called me on a Saturday night to change a dosage after he reviewed my blood work. He has a wonderful bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Strengths - you see the doctor for every appointment, it's small and personal, little wait time, modern/new/clean office space, trustworthy team Cons - the location can be tricky to get to coming from the suburbs but better than Boston; I wish I could have emailed the doctor directly through the portal instead of the nurses but I understand why.
Paid out of pocket for CCS
eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
I had to call to get my pregnancy test result. I waited all day for a call and then I called for the results and Dr. Styer called me back instead of the nurse. Waiting for a call back (or having to follow up) was not typical experience - they were normally on top of everything.
Chestnut Hill

Dr Styer is the most compassionate trustworthy and professional doctor...Dr Styer has treated us like humans from the beginning. He knew our records front and back, asked about how we are doing emotionally, described what his approach would be and why. Since meeting him we have done numerous tests that have provided us with great answers that are heading us on the right track for our first cycle with Dr Styer. He explains in detail every test, why we are doing it, what the outcome is and how to proceed all while being one of the nicest caring professionals I've encountered
I love everything about this clinic [CCRM Boston]. It is brand new so everything is new, state-of-the-art, clean and beautiful. I love that I feel that I am a human at this clinic and not just a number. It is not crowded ever. Anyone who calls you knows who you are exactly why they're calling and what they need from you. The doctors are always available the nurses are always available and they always do what they say they're going to. I love that everything takes place in this clinic there is not one thing that you need to do elsewhere.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr Styer is the second ivf doctor my husband and I have been to. He differs in the best and every way possible than our first experience. Dr Styer is the most compassionate trustworthy and professional doctor. We started seeing him 2 months ago after a nightmare of an experience at a larger Waltham practice. Dr Styer has treated us like humans from the beginning. He knew our records front and back, asked about how we are doing emotionally, described what his approach would be and why. Since meeting him we have done numerous tests that have provided us with great answers that are heading us on the right track for our first cycle with Dr Styer. He explains in detail every test, why we are doing it, what the outcome is and how to proceed all while being one of the nicest caring professionals I've encountered. I can't wait for our first cycle with Dr Styer.
Have complete faith in him his team and process.
At my previous Doctor. I was never treated by him or nurses as more than a number or burden. Doctor Styer has made this process bearable again. He takes the time to get to know you and your partner, he asks about your emotions, he talks to you directly, he openly and whole heartedly is interested in getting you pregnant and takes the necessary steps to get there and explains everything he's doing and why. He is the most caring doctor I have ever been to. I have no doubt he and his team will bring us our miracle.
At our first meeting Dr Styer drew blood to see where my hcg levels were at after my miscarriage. Once I was at 0 and then got a normal period he did yearly bloodwork on my husband and I. Next we did a hysteroscopy to check my uterus, biopsy and do a mock transfer. From the biopsy we found out I have inflammation. And we also saw product of conception. We did a surgical hysteroscopy to clean out the uterus. Started antibiotics to get rid of inflammation. Next we are waiting to start the estrogen patches
Karen, Andrea, Ellen, jackie, jeannie, Jaime, both liz's are all fantastic. They are all very organized, compassionate, friendly, professional, knowledgeable and treat you like they've known you for years.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I love everything about this clinic. It is brand new so everything is new, state-of-the-art, clean and beautiful. I love that I feel that I am a human at this clinic and not just a number. It is not crowded ever. Anyone who calls you knows who you are exactly why they're calling and what they need from you. The doctors are always available the nurses are always available and they always do what they say they're going to. I love that everything takes place in this clinic there is not one thing that you need to do elsewhere.
Everything has been covered under insurance
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Zimon took a great deal of time to meet with myself and my husband to discuss our fertility options. She was direct but supportive while also being optimistic....It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients....During the second round of the IUI it was not clear whether or not I needed to give myself a trigger shot. I had to call and speak to the on call doctor, which happened to be Dr. Zimon, to get this information.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is beautiful and Liz at the front desk is incredibly nice. For the past three visits, we have had to wait close to 30 minutes to be seen...There have been a few experiences where we have not gotten all of the information we needed when moving forward with a portion of treatment. The nurses have been incredibly apologetic in these situations; however, not having all the information we needed did create additional stress during an already stressful times.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I have no complaints! She has been wonderful to work with! She has been incredibly supportive throughout this process. It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients.
I would suggest asking as many questions as possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen, Andrea, Ellen)
My husband and I have enjoyed working with Karen and Andrea. They have both been incredibly understanding and supportive throughout this process. There have been a few experiences where we have not gotten all of the information we needed when moving forward with a portion of treatment. The nurses have been incredibly apologetic in these situations; however, not having all the information we needed did create additional stress during an already stressful times. There was also an occurrence when I had to remind the nurse that I was working with that I need to also have blood work in addition to the ultrasound to monitor my follicle growth.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is beautiful and Liz at the front desk is incredibly nice. For the past three visits, we have had to wait close to 30 minutes to be seen. While we understand that there are often waits when seeing doctors and nurses, there was little explanation as to why we were waiting.
$25 copay for visits with Dr. Zimon and procedures
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
When I went in for blood work 2 weeks after my first IUI, I was told that I would get the results by 12. I did not get a phone call from anyone, so at 3:15 I called CCRM to ask for my results, which were negative. During the second round of the IUI it was not clear whether or not I needed to give myself a trigger shot. I had to call and speak to the on call doctor, which happened to be Dr. Zimon, to get this information.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Styer always greets me with a smile and cares about my comfort and level of understanding at every step of the process. He understands the nuances of my particular case which I greatly appreciate and takes all of these details into thoughtful consideration. I feel like I am in very capable hands and very at ease when I am in his care... each decision thus far has been made based on my medical history, age, current relationship status, etc. and in consideration of my schedule which has felt perfectly in line with everything I could have hoped and more.
CCRM is a great place to get care. It is a lovely place with great staff and easy to get to. I am always comfortable and at ease and everyone is incredibly welcoming and friendly. The facility is very nice and parking is a breeze...Everyone at CCRM is incredibly kind and considerate. I can't say enough good things about them...The costs were very much in line with what I expected, and in some cases much less than I had feared...I feel like I am in very capable hands and very at ease when I am in his care.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Know what you want in your doctor and do your research so that you can build a rapport with him right away because he is so easy to connect with - it is worth it. And as is the case with all fertility care, try to have realistic expectations, but remain hopeful.
Dr. Styer is incredibly warm and considerate. He spends as much time with you as needed and cares about you as a person as well as a patient. He is exactly who you want as a clinical partner in this journey.
We are still working through these details, but each decision thus far has been made based on my medical history, age, current relationship status, etc. and in consideration of my schedule which has felt perfectly in line with everything I could have hoped and more.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer is a very open and transparent physician and makes it clear from the the first minute that he is always transparent and is always enthusiastic about our care and our family. I really really love how engaged he is with us and how much he cares...One of our friends saw Dr. Styer and said he was so kind and competent about LGBT issues. Well....they were correct!!! He was just so easy to work with and so patient with my wife. He really helps us have hope about getting pregnant and that our rights and sexual orientation would be respected.
My coordinator and nurse [at CCRM Boston] really provided the best care for us. She was quite thorough and really paid attention to the details of care...The clinic is so well run and they were always so courteous. The staff all seemed to be so happy to be working there that it really rubbed off on us and made us even more enthusiastic. The clinic is also beautiful and really made us feel like we were at top notch center...Letrozole 5 mg and IUI with donor sperm
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would just say to be very upfront with questions and what you need as a patient. He is very accommodating and will always listen to what you have to say!
My wife,Nancy and I were at another clinic before seeing Dr. Styer and they were so ignorant towards us as a LGBT couple. One of our friends saw Dr. Styer and said he was so kind and competent about LGBT issues. Well....they were correct!!! He was just so easy to work with and so patient with my wife. He really helps us have hope about getting pregnant and that our rights and sexual orientation would be respected.
Letrozole 5 mg and IUI with donor sperm
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
My coordinator and nurse really provided the best care for us. She was quite thorough and really paid attention to the details of care
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
We did IUI and did not do an embryo transfer
Manchester
Allison [Zimon] has been really exceptional. She takes the time to understand and support my individual fertility needs and goes out of her way to provide solutions and alternate proposals.... Allison is very attentive and is present at every appointment. She even performed my hysteroscopy herself. She has provided legal referrals for managing fertility options during a divorce. Allison has been very supportive and her vast experience is apparent at every interaction.
CCRM is relatively new so I think they are still working out some administrative challenges. It is difficult to get a nurse on the phone without playing phone tag for a few days.... Everyone is extremely nice and well intentioned. The facility is very clean. There is also a financial consultant that explains the health care coverage and out of pocket expenses which I had not had in the previous clinic I worked with. The clinic spends a lot of time educating their patients on the process which is a huge improvement from the other clinic I worked with. This is a relatively new location so administratively there are some inefficiencies. It is difficult to reach a nurse directly without playing phone tag.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Be transparent about your needs and concerns.
Allison has been really exceptional. She takes the time to understand and support my individual fertility needs and goes out of her way to provide solutions and alternate proposals.
Not yet initiated
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
$15000 for out of pocket IVF cycle (not yet completed)
Due to my bicornuate uterus, eSET is the safest option for me and the fetus.
Framingham

Dr. Styer was really responsive to us in every way...He changed his schedule around to see me for a procedure. He really took care of every part of our care. He also always knew what was happening with us...Dr. Styer and his team realy tailored our testing and treatment to what we were comfortable with...We never felt like a number
They [the monitoring hours at CCRM] were very quick and easy and only the doctors did your scan. That is such a nice touch...The clinic was very efficient, very calming colors. Like a spa. Everyone was so friendly! The financial team was awesome and really helped us understand all of the financial aspects of treatment. There are no weaknesses. Such a great experience!...The nurses spent multiple hours to show us my wife and I how to do the meds and what we needed to do. They did a great class on PGS and injections and answered phone calls promptly. We had great care
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was really responsive to us in every way. He called s back to answer our questions. He changed his schedule around to see me for a procedure. He really took care of every part of our care. He also always knew what was happening with us.
He is such a great support and advocate fro your care. Always feel free to ask any questions you want to askj
Dr. Styer and his team realy tailored our testing and treatment to what we were comfortable with. They were always available to answer our questions and just made us feel like we were their only patients. We never felt like a number. In clinic I was in before we saw Dr. Styer, we felt like it was factory. That's whay we went to CCRM. At CCRM, they really made us feel like an individual.
Antagonist, gonal F 150 menorpur 75
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Rosin)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
They were very quick and easy and only the doctors did your scan. That is such a nice touch.
all covered by insurance
Yes, he advised eSET with PGS normal embryo

2018, 10 Eggs Frozen
I was quite overwhelmed about trying preserve my fertility. Most of my friends have kids and I have been feeling really down about being single and not doing anything to ensure becoming a parent in the future. Dr. Styer really took the time to discuss with me and to validate my feelings. He really listened to me and even held my hand when I cried here and there:) He was very compassionate
The clinic [CCRM Boston] was really well run from being on time to learning about the finances. There was never any questions in my mind as to what I was going to be doing. Everyone was so nice too! They were all so professional and really made sure all the details were handled well.... The nursing care was outstanding. I felt like they really cared about me. I have always felt like a number at other clinics. But here, it was definitely different!
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
He was so very personable and really explained everything well. Every time I saw him, I felt as though I learned something more about myself and really felt well cared for. It was great experience. I did not think I would enjoy going to the doctors' office so much!
I would say to be very open about what you do and do not know. I would also say to ask all questions that come to mind.
Birth control pills Cetrotide, Gonal F Meniopur
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic was really well run from being on time to learning about the finances. There was never any questions in my mind as to what I was going to be doing. Everyone was so nice too! They were all so professional and really made sure all the details were handled well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
It was great because the doctors do all the ultrasounds and give you feedback on the spot
I paid for it all since I did egg freezing
not applicable