Selling medication is not offered

South Shore Office
90 Libbey Parkway MA
Weymouth, MA 02189

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Ryniec is thoughtful, intentional, and kind. She tells it to you straight and understands the complexities of the processes and insurance and is the best at guiding you through it all...Dr. Ryniec didn't blink an eye that we were a queer couple and was really helpful in advising on sperm donors and insurance...early in the process, but I've gone through all of my fertility testing and will be starting IUI this month...
The nursing staff [at CCRM Boston] is responsive. I've found them to be inflexible, which I have understanding for since they are working with so many patients. However, I wish they would flex a little. It's been a small frustration and easy to work around, but it does take away from the feeling of personalized care a litte...They misplaced a couple of pieces of paperwork we needed them to have, but it was quickly taken care of once we pointed that out....
How was your experience with Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Ryniec is thoughtful, intentional, and kind. She tells it to you straight and understands the complexities of the processes and insurance and is the best at guiding you through it all. I've really enjoyed working her and she's been a wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
Check out her TikTok! Lots of useful information on infertility and fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston?
CCRM is a warm and welcoming practice with a small team that recognizes you when you go in. They are all kind and professional, and I never feel like I am just another person cycling through that day.
Describe the protocols Jessica Ryniec used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
I'm early in the process, but I've gone through all of my fertility testing and will be starting IUI this month. So far I am undergoing unmedicated IUI, so there isn't much to report on yet.
How competent was Jessica Ryniec at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff is responsive. I've found them to be inflexible, which I have understanding for since they are working with so many patients. However, I wish they would flex a little. It's been a small frustration and easy to work around, but it does take away from the feeling of personalized care a litte.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic has been overall great. They misplaced a couple of pieces of paperwork we needed them to have, but it was quickly taken care of once we pointed that out. I've read some scary reviews of other practices, so I would rate our experience as overall very positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Ryniec at CCRM Boston.
I'm lucky that my insurance covers most of my costs, so I'm paying copays and up to my deductible / out pocket max.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
The clinic misplaced some paperwork but it was resolved quickly. They were easy to communicate with in the process of resolving it.
Jessica Ryniec

2021, Successful
During our initial consult, he [Dr. Styer] laid out everything out from our medical history and then described how he would proceed. He was extremely clear and had a meticulous plan laid out and left us with very minimal questions. We are male factor, and our first retrieval ended up with 19 retrieved eggs and down to 2 embryos and 1 CCS normal. Our original plan was to do a frozen transfer, however, during our regroup he extended the offer of doing another retrieval to embryo bank (since our insurance approved)
[at CCRM Boston] Communication is a challenge but once you are in a cycle they are incredible. Stick with them though, they are 100% worth it. Their lab produced much better results for us. I cried when I found out we had quality embryos, I thought this was impossible for us. I have personally met with all 3 doctors for various procedures and they are all incredible and knowledgeable. They have a way of giving you the facts but with a warm and caring bedside manner which is huge during this vulnerable time.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
From the moment my husband and I consulted Dr. Styer, we knew we would be in the right hands. During our initial consult, he laid out everything out from our medical history and then described how he would proceed. He was extremely clear and had a meticulous plan laid out and left us with very minimal questions. We are male factor, and our first retrieval ended up with 19 retrieved eggs and down to 2 embryos and 1 CCS normal. Our original plan was to do a frozen transfer, however, during our regroup he extended the offer of doing another retrieval to embryo bank (since our insurance approved). He went over everything with us and answered our questions. Ultimately, we decided to do another retrieval cycle which we got 26 eggs retrieved and ended up with 3 more CCS normals! He essentially told us that because the sperm is our major issue, it's a "numbers game" and his plan to stim me a little higher to get more embryos worked. Of note, at my prior clinic we ended up with 3 poor quality blasts (BC/CB grades) which ended in a miscarriage and a biochemical loss. At CCRM we have MUCH better grades (ABx2, BA, BB) I recently had an embryo transfer and just graduated the clinic. My husband and I wish we could take Dr. Styer with us as our OB. A girl can dream.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Set up a consult! I wish we had skipped our first clinic and started with him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer always made sure my questions were answered and remembered details of my personal medical history. He called me on his weekend off to congratulate me on a positive pregnancy test! The personal touches and attention he gave throughout my treatment made this experience so much easier than when I did this at a different clinic.
Describe the protocols Aaron K. Styer used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Antagonist protocol: OCP x 21 days, FSH 150 IU hMG 150 IU, dexamethasone, Lupron + hCG co trigger, Ca ionophore, ICSI Cycle 2: Antagonist protocol: OCP x14 days, FSH 225 hMG 150, dexamethasone, Lupron + hcg co trigger, calcium ionophore, ICSI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Connecting with nurses when not in an active cycle and/or when not physically in the clinic was challenging. There were definitely occasions where I wouldn't get a response for multiple days. When I was in cycle/ the physical clinic, however,\ everyone was incredible and so compassionate! Shout out to the PACU girls- Julia, Helena, Jeanne, Sarah- they all made the experience SO enjoyable!
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston.
We were fortunate to have insurance cover the majority of costs. We added in calcium ionophore to help with fertilization which was $500 per cycle. We opted to do genetic testing which was about $3500 per cycle.
Describe Aaron K. Styer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
Given my age, embryo quality and CCS normal, single embryo transfer was performed

2021, Successful
His [Dr. Styer's] bedside manner is outstanding...From the first consultation to prepping for the retrieval and transfer I knew what our next steps were...Everything was explained and he was always willing to answer any questions I had...antagonist protocol with estrogen priming since I’m a little older. For my transfer prep, I was on Lupron and estrogen. I had a thin lining so he would tweak my dosages...
They [nurses at CCRM Boston] always returned my calls, and would answer my portal messages usually same day. They always called me when they were supposed to with med instructions and got me refills quickly when I needed...I do suggest that you do your own research on what your insurance will and will not cover. They’ll certainly go over it with you, but I did my own research on my own insurance and I had zero surprises or issues when the time came....
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
From the first consultation to prepping for the retrieval and transfer I knew what our next steps were. Going through IVF always requires a bit of research on your own, but I was willing to just put it all in his hands and see what happened. I figured he certainly knew what he was doing, and I’m glad I just went with his plans for treatment. Everything was explained and he was always willing to answer any questions I had. I trusted him, and it all worked out. We’d had a few miscarriages before trying IVF, and he was always up front about statistics etc.
Trust him, do your research, but realize he knows what he’s doing. If what you’re doing isn’t working, he’ll switch it up.
His bedside manner is outstanding. He’d ask about your life outside of just trying to conceive, and it was always such a pleasant conversation with him.
I was on an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming since I’m a little older. For my transfer prep, I was on Lupron and estrogen. I had a thin lining so he would tweak my dosages and how I could took the meds and he got it to where it needed to be.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
They always returned my calls, and would answer my portal messages usually same day. They always called me when they were supposed to with med instructions and got me refills quickly when I needed. I never had any issues with the nursing staff. And everyone was so nice when you’d go in for monitoring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I’ve seen people complain about insurance approvals and wait time on social media. I never had any issues with it. Things were put in for approval promptly. I do suggest that you do your own research on what your insurance will and will not cover. They’ll certainly go over it with you, but I did my own research on my own insurance and I had zero surprises or issues when the time came.
Insurance covered everything except PGT testing. We paid 4K for that out of pocket
There was never a question that we were going to transfer more than one embryo at a time.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Zimon is caring and compassionate. She is exceptionally knowledgable in the world of reproductive medicine, and is able to explain intricate medical details in terms understandable by patients. She takes the time to get to know her patients, both medically and personally and is truly invested in their happiness and success...From the outset, Dr. Zimon prescribed Ovidrel trigger shots as needed prior to our IUI procedures. After the 6th failed IUI, her professional recommendation was that we move forward with IVF.
While we have had a very positive experience at CCRM-Boston overall, there have been a handful of missteps along the way. The biggest misstep occurred at the start of our journey when both the nursing staff and our doctor failed to identify the need for an updated immunization until 8 months after the initial bloodwork had been completed. This error ultimately resulted in a 3 month delay of our treatment timeline...Each cycle costs (at time of review) is $1360, which includes bloodwork, monitoring, sperm thaw, sperm wash, and the IUI procedure itself.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't hesitate to be open and honest and forthcoming with your questions. Dr. Zimon will handle them with care and answer them thoroughly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
From the day that we met her, Dr. Zimon took great care to learn about us not only medically, but on a personal level. Each and every time she sees us, it is clear that she is familiar with our case inside and out. Dr. Zimon doesn't rely on my chart to know who I am or my medical history. She takes the time to learn about my family and me as a person, making it known that I am more than a number or a medical record.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
From the outset, Dr. Zimon prescribed Ovidrel trigger shots as needed prior to our IUI procedures. After the 6th failed IUI, her professional recommendation was that we move forward with IVF. Unfortuantely, due to limitations in our insurance coverage, we were forced to continue with 6 more cycles of IUI. At this point, Dr. Zimon prescribed a low dose (2.5 mg) of Letrozole. We then did 3 failed IUI cycles with a high dose (7.5 mg) of Letrizole. Our treatment is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are anxiously awaiting to hear when it is safe for us to resume treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
As a whole, we have had a very positive experience with Dr. Zimon's nursing team. The majority of the nurses we have worked with have been knowledgable, kind, and familiar with our case history. However, we have had a handful of miscommunications with select members of the nursing team. One of whom is no longer employed at CCRM.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
From the minute you walk in the door at CCRM-Boston, you are immediately treated as a person and not just a patient. From the front desk staff to the phlebotomists to the nurses and doctors, everyone takes the time to know you by name and welcomes you in with a smile. For families like mine who have been there longer than we had planned, we just know that every person in the clinic is routing for our success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
All expenses have been paid out of pocket due to lack of insurance coverage for LGBT fertility treatments. Each cycle costs (at time of review) is $1360, which includes bloodwork, monitoring, sperm thaw, sperm wash, and the IUI procedure itself.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Zimon's enthusiasm for her work is evident, and you can tell her mind is always working while you communicate with her. I always leave feeling hopeful, but with realistic expectations. She seems to truly care about her patients and has great bedside manner. I have never once questioned the calls she has made about my care, and having seen two doctors before her, I am aware that having confidence in your physician makes all the difference with your comfort during the IVF process.
When I first started coming to CCRM [Boston] it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while...With so much information being presented to me in the beginning, I often felt overwhelmed, and either missed a few pieces of information, or some instructions for next steps weren't clearly presented. All the nurses are very pleasant and have never made me feel bad for calling to confirm information. They are compassionate professionals, and I am eternally grateful for their wisdom.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to confirm your understanding of the process. It's your body, and the entire process can feel daunting and overwhelming, but having knowledge is key.
I'm not sure if she has an amazing memory, or just takes really detailed notes that she refers to, but Dr. Zimon always remembers EVERYTHING, which is greatly appreciated when you are a complex case.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
When I first started coming to CCRM it was fairly new, and I think they were still working some administrative kinks out. Due to personal scheduling, I wasn't able to start my cycles right away, but I now feel as though the clinic is running more smoothly and I am glad that I had to wait a little while. I wouldn't hesitate to refer family or friends here!

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zimon always made sure we understood everything she was talking about and made time for our questions. She is very straightforward but also warm in her manner...We had a communication issue midway through that caused a lot of anxiety on my part. When we finally met with her and talked about it she was very apologetic and has since made every effort to stay in touch.
The [CCRM Boston] monitoring hours were all in the morning which was sometime very inconvenient for me. Most appointments went fast, sometimes there was a long wait and a sense of disorganization at the office...The front desk staff changed a lot, some were better than others in coordinating and relaying messages. I know there were communication issues between the nurses, front desk staff and Dr. Zimon and I fell through the cracks a couple of times with messages not getting. We talked about it with Dr. Zimon and they have made some changes at the office and have tried to improve the situation.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Make sure the office is getting the messages to her, make sure you understand what information the office needs for insurance to go through seamlessly and don't assume they will keep track of all of that.
I have a thyroid issue and that complicated things a little with coordination and timing. The IVF stimulation phase went well, the retrieval and embryo results were better than expected. She was confident about doing a modified natural cycle for the first transfer which was unsuccessful. We will go ahead with another transfer attempt but with the full hormone replacement protocol as well as antihistamines and steroids.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The office was really busy and seemed chaotic and uncoordinated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
The monitoring hours were all in the morning which was sometime very inconvenient for me. Most appointments went fast, sometimes there was a long wait and a sense of disorganization at the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance "covers" IVF in MA, but we still had tons of costs, from co pays, to extra appointments outside of the actual IVF appointments. Medications were very expensive even with the insurance and we paid out of pocket for one since it would have been even more with insurance.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
I trust her to do single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
Several attempts to get in touch with Dr. Zimon were unsuccessful after our initial infertility diagnosis and later when I had a thyroid problem that needed to be addressed. This resulted in delays, as she thought we were trying to take time, which then resulted in further insurance delays.
Manchester

Dr. Styer always remembers who I am, information about my specific case, and is truly invested in my success...He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with...The strengths of this clinic are the doctors, the embryologists, and some of the nurses. I would say the weakness is communication with the nurses who will coordinate your care. I never felt like I connected to any of them in my 1.5 years at the clinic and none of them remembered my case. I think it would be beneficial for nurses to be assigned specific patients.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I initially saw Dr. Styer in 2015 when he was at MGH and was able to have a son while under his care. I returned to MGH in 2018 but did not have a good experience and decided to follow Dr. Styer to CCRM even though it was a significant commute. He was able to problem-solve why my first IVF was unsuccessful and how he would alter my treatment plan. Between two retrievals, I ended up with five ccs normal embryos. I had multiple failed transfers but Dr. Styer changed something each time and I felt that he was genuinely invested in my success. He ended up mimicking my IUI cycle where I conceived my son and I recently was able to graduate from the clinic. Dr. Styer is the RE to see in the Boston area. He’s incredibly caring but also informative and open to questions about treatment. He never once suggested donor eggs or surrogacy and made it clear to me that we would find a way to get me pregnant. I can’t thank him enough for not giving up on me.
Just set up a meeting and connect with him. He’s incredibly informative and willing to work your case.
Two antagonist protocols and added HGH to second retrieval cycle. Also added letrozole to increase second wave of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Sara and Imane are fantastic. They’re the ones you have contact with at each visit (in the ultrasound room and phlebotomy). They were my personal cheerleaders and I felt that they were invested in me and my success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered everything but ccs testing.
The clinic prefers single transfers, which we were in agreement with.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up...She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
[CCRM Boston costs] $7730 for the egg freezing. My insurance covered the visits, lab tests and some of the medications...lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
My biggest issue with Dr. Zimon is that she was sometimes unclear with me, like about when and for how long I was supposed to take certain medications. This led me to make mistakes and screw up my care. I was on a timeline, so this was problematic.
Write down her instructions and ask clarifying questions.
Dr. Zimon was nice and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. However, some of the instructions and explanations she gave me were confusing and I ended up screwing a few things up. For example she prescribed me estrogen that I wasn't supposed to take until later, but there were no instructions about that on the medication and that wasn't clearly explained, so I just started taking it when I shouldn't have. She also gave me mixed information - it was unclear whether i would be able to have my egg freezing done if I had cysts or not. At first she delayed it, but then when it became clear I was going to have to move out-of-state soon, she said it didn't matter and could be done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Where do I begin. I was on a timeline (I had about 3 months before moving out of state and wanted to do the egg freezing before). Right from the get-go everything went poorly. During my first appointment they didn't do the vaginal ultrasound they were supposed to do, which set back my timeline. The nurse who scheduled my first appointment didn't respond to my messages, further setting things back. While the woman who did my labs was super nice and great, every time i needed to get in touch with a nurse, i went straight to voicemail and often didn't get responses on the patient portal. They just seemed totally disorganized.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is extremely disorganized. I would NOT recommend going there. There are so many bad things I could say about my experience, but I suppose the most important ones are 1) I had three months to do egg freezing before moving out of state and various moments of lack of communication and unclear instructions meant it kept getting pushed back until it didn't happen and 2) I needed a refund of the almost $8000 I paid for the egg freezing and it took literally over two months for me to get the money back. Countless calls to their financial patient advisor went direct to voicemail and went unanswered, and while she was very nice, she had very little information for me. Only when I emailed the CEO to raise the issue did I get a check in the mail, and the first check I was sent bounced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
As I mentioned, lack of communication and mistakes in scheduling tests led my timeline to get delayed until the egg freezing couldn't happen. Then they took over two months to refund me the cost of the procedure and I got the money back only after calling them a million times and emailing an executive.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer has excellent bedside manner. He has always taken the time to address each of our concerns, and makes himself available for follow up questions/concerns after our meetings. He has always acknowledged and empathized with our disappointment with our outcomes and is honest with us about what is going on and what options we have as we move forward...He continually checks in to make sure we are comfortable with our plan and communicates if there are changes during the cycle.
In general, very good communication. You can always get a live person during business hours to help navigate your needs. Front desk and nurses [at CCRM Boston] did their best to be accomodating during morning monitoring and time sensitive procedures/appointments. I liked that morning monitoring were by appointment, not walk in... Produced 6 eggs, 4 embryos, then 2 poor quality day 7 blasts that they did not biopsy
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
While we are obviously devastated at the outcome of our cycles, we have been very happy with Dr. Styer. We have seen many fertility doctors along our journey, and we have found him to be one of the most communicative, compassionate, and honest. We trust his judgement and also appreciate that we are part of the decision making of our treatment plan. He continually checks in to make sure we are comfortable with our plan and communicates if there are changes during the cycle.
Do not be afraid to ask questions and have your concerns addressed. Dr. Styer will work hard to make sure you are comfortable with the treatment plan and takes your concerns/personal and medical situations into account.
We had 2 cycles. First cycle, I was primed with estrogen patch, then took omnitrope for egg quality. Then I took high dose gonal f and menopur for about 11 days, with cetrotide to inhibit ovulation. Had HCG (10K units and lupron co-trigger. Produced 6 eggs, 4 embryos, then 2 poor quality day 7 blasts that they did not biopsy (said too poor quality). Second cycle: primed with estradiol PO, took omnitrope for longer time, lupron. Then again, high dose gonal-f and menopur. HCG trigger-10K units. Retrieved 6 eggs, 2 fertlized, no blasts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff was much better than any other nursing staff I have worked with through my infertility journey. I had 1 or 2 primary nurses (Jen and Renee), but also others I spoke to. Their communication with me has been excellent. They returned my calls always the same day, and almost always within a couple hours. I felt like they were invested in my journey, and I felt very comfortable asking them questions. It meant a lot to me when one of them expressed her condolences after my second cycle did not produce any blasts again.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
In general, very good communication. You can always get a live person during business hours to help navigate your needs. Front desk and nurses did their best to be accomodating during morning monitoring and time sensitive procedures/appointments. I liked that morning monitoring were by appointment, not walk in.
on top of usual IVF and medication costs, I also had to pay extra for services that had no insurance coverage, such as omnitrope (very expensive) and calcium ionophore to activate my eggs.
Sadly, I did not get to embryo transfer because I never made any blasts for transfer.
Framingham
I only saw Dr. Zimon in person twice, once for diagnostic testing and once to confirm my pregnancy with an ultrasound. In both appointments she was friendly, personable and talked me through the steps (especially with the diagnostic testing when I was incredibly anxious...There were a couple of monitoring appointments where several people would come into the room and not even introduce themselves before starting the ultrasound, which made me feel like I was just a number
CCRM is a really great clinic. It was always incredibly clean and I found it to be warm and inviting (as warm and inviting as a DRs office can be). The doctors, nursing staff and phlebotomists were all excellent...They [nursing staff] were always so friendly both over the phone and in person and never seemed annoyed by my sometimes too many questions
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I really liked Dr. Zimon. I felt that had a good bedside manner and was friendly. During our initial consult and regroup appointments (both virtual) she took the time to explain everything to us and answer any questions we had. While I had done a decent amount of research prior to starting at CCRM my husband was totally clueless and she did a great job of explaining things to him. I did find that these virtual appointments felt a little rushed but not to the point where I felt that I couldn't ask questions. I only saw Dr. Zimon in person twice, once for diagnostic testing and once to confirm my pregnancy with an ultrasound. In both appointments she was friendly, personable and talked me through the steps (especially with the diagnostic testing when I was incredibly anxious). I always found it very easy to talk to her.
Don't expect to see Dr. Zimon except for when you're appointments are strictly scheduled with her. While I knew I wouldn't see her every single time I expected to meet with her more often than I did.
For the most part all of my in-person interactions with the staff at CCRM were great. There were a couple of monitoring appointments where several people would come into the room and not even introduce themselves before starting the ultrasound, which made me feel like I was just a number. But for the most part the staff were friendly and had conversations with me during appointments. The nurses that did my two IUI procedures were so sweet and really made me feel like I was their biggest appointment of the day.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Dr. Zimon suggested we start with medicated IUI cycles before jumping into IVF, which we agreed with. She had suggested that I take letrozole but I had already done 3 rounds of Clomid with my OB and since I had ovulated with that mediation we decided to stick with that. For both rounds of IUI I used an Ovidrel trigger shot. Our first round failed but our second round was successful!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff at CCRM is excellent. They were always so friendly both over the phone and in person and never seemed annoyed by my sometimes too many questions. I didn't have one specific nurse assigned to me but did find that most of the nurses knew what was going on my case. There was an instance or two where I was given incorrect information but after questioning it the nurses were able to backtrack and provide the correct info. For both of my IUI procedures the nurses were fantastic. I was very nervous the first time and the two nurses with me were so friendly and made me as comfortable as possible. I also think that the nurses are really great at providing extra comfort throughout my time at CCRM being that I wasn't allowed to bring my husband to any appointments.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM is a really great clinic. It was always incredibly clean and I found it to be warm and inviting (as warm and inviting as a DRs office can be). The doctors, nursing staff and phlebotomists were all excellent. I felt that I was getting the best care I could possible receive from their staff. I think their biggest weakness is their front desk staff. While the front desk was always very nice when I came into the office trying to get an appointment through them was incredibly frustrating to the point where I almost switched clinics. I would be told they would call me within a specific time frame, but I usually had to call them and then they would transfer me to the nurses (where I would need to leave a message) and then the front desk would end up calling me later that day or the next day. I had a couple of experiences where I ended up having to call the morning of the day I was supposed to have a monitoring appointment to get on the schedule and then would have to rush to the office. Going through fertility treatment is stressful enough but the scheduling issues made it so much more difficult.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Our insurance covered our appointments at CCRM. We were responsible for copays which on the high end were about $150 (multiple blood tests). Usually our out of pocket costs were around $15-$30
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
There were a couple of instances where I was provided with conflicting information but I was able to catch it and discuss it with the DR/nurse before doing anything.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Styer gave us a fresh perspective to try other protocols/resources...He also read though our past records carefully when choosing next steps...Dr Styer was always prepared for our follow up appointments he never needed a reminder of our past cycles. We were confident we would have have success in his care...We were so defeated after multiple failures and a loss at a different clinic.
The [CCRM Boston] clinic's strengths are the doctors expertise and lab 100%. We made more blasts and higher quality blasts than our previous clinic. The weaknesses are the communication, sometimes its challenging getting a call back, especially when the clinic is busy...The nursing staff was great, we worked with Renee and other helpful nurses quite a bit.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
We were so defeated after multiple failures and a loss at a different clinic. Dr. Styer gave us a fresh perspective to try other protocols/resources at CCRM. He also read though our past records carefully when choosing next steps.
Trust the process, it may take more than one around to reach success.
We used every resources possible for success: ICSI, HGH, Calcium Ionophore. We had success using 150 GF/150 Menopur, Letrozole, HGH, Cetrotide and a 10k trigger. Another round we had success with 300 GF/150 Menopur.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
The nursing staff was great, we worked with Renee and other helpful nurses quite a bit. We sometimes didn't get calls back when they are busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic's strengths are the doctors expertise and lab 100%. We made more blasts and higher quality blasts than our previous clinic. The weaknesses are the communication, sometimes its challenging getting a call back, especially when the clinic is busy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
We didn't have a call back when waiting on our 2nd HCG test. We were thrilled to have the first HCG test be positive but worried the number wouldn't double. We ended up hearing from a doctor with good news after leaving a message with the on-call person.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Styer showed compassion for both myself and my husband and knew who we both were at each visit...very welcoming and down to earth...always reviewed our history prior to our meetings and always had a plan if things weren't working out the way we thought they might have...very clear during appointments and will help explain things in different ways to help you understand...Although we had 2 frozen embryos, he recommended transferring only one...
CCRM is clean and efficient. They always try to get to know you as a person and remain professional and positive. It wasn't stressful going to appointments like we experienced in a hospital setting. All the workers work hard and truly care about the patients...Dr. Styer showed compassion for both myself and my husband and knew who we both were at each visit...Had to pay out of pocket for testing our embryos.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer right off the bat is very welcoming and down to earth. He always reviewed our history prior to our meetings and always had a plan if things weren't working out the way we thought they might have. He is very clear during appointments and will help explain things in different ways to help you understand.
To be open and honest and your feelings and any concerns. He will help explain what you might be questioning.
Gonal F, Menopur, Viagra, Vivelle patches, Progesterone shots
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Covered by insurance for the most part. Had to pay out of pocket for testing our embryos.
Although we had 2 frozen embryos, he recommended transferring only one
Chestnut Hill

Dr Zimon always remembered the details of my treatment, who I am, and what my goals are...My only concern is whether she had accurately explained our likelihood of success. In the middle of treatment I understood that it was much lower than I thought. Also, nobody explained to me how long it would take...first protocol was antagonist and went pretty good. In the second one we introduced clomid (to reduce cost, because it was out of pocket) and that did not go well at all.
They [Nurses at CCRM Boston] are very well organized and I feel well-taken care of...very good at returning calls and replying emails...I also like it because it is small. I feel there is personal attention. Their space is new and very clean. Because everything is new you feel that the lab equipment is probable also new and up-to-date with the latest technology...good customer service (by the nurses and financial coordinator)
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
With Dr Zimon I feel I am getting the best treatment possible. My only concern is whether she had accurately explained our likelihood of success. In the middle of treatment I understood that it was much lower than I thought. Also, nobody explained to me how long it would take.
I would recommend Dr Zimon. I am not sure what advice to give a prospective patient. Perhaps warn them about the time it will take -- but again it all depends on their numbers and luck. Every case is different.
I felt that Dr Zimon always remembered the details of my treatment, who I am, and what my goals are.
The first protocol was antagonist and went pretty good. In the second one we introduced clomid (to reduce cost, because it was out of pocket) and that did not go well at all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
They are very well organized and I feel well-taken care of. They are very good at returning calls and replying emails.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Very good customer service (by the nurses and financial coordinator), great doctors, and I also like it because it is small. I feel there is personal attention. Their space is new and very clean. Because everything is new you feel that the lab equipment is probable also new and up-to-date with the latest technology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
We had to pay out of pocket for genetic testing.
I don' t think they do multiple embryo transfer
Chestnut Hill

He [Dr. Aaron K. Styer] heard me out and acknowledged my experience...presented like a "business man" when I first met him but I decided to go with him...seemed highly skilled and well trained as a reproductive endocrinologist. He was supportive and caring...Recommendation of supplements as well as use of growth hormones, calcium chelation and a few other meds in the treatment to improve egg quality. It did render two embryos when past cycle with previous doctor led to none.
Friendly and helpful team [at CCRM Boston] from front desk staff to lab tech, nursing and REs. Knowledgeable REs. Easy access/parking...Chesnut hill location includes OR so all treatments are at the same location...[nurses were] Pleasant, helpful, supportive...PGS was $3750 for 3-5 embryos. ICSI was covered by insurance...[Dr. Aaron K. Styer] heard me out and acknowledged my experience.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
He seemed highly skilled and well trained as a reproductive endocrinologist. He was supportive and caring. He presented like a "business man" when I first met him but I decided to go with him because of the previous qualities.
not sure
He heard me out and acknowledged my experience.
Pleasant, helpful, supportive
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Friendly and helpful team from front desk staff to lab tech, nursing and REs. Knowledgeable REs. Easy access/parking. ICSI was covered under contract with BCBS when it was not at the previous clinic. Chesnut hill location includes OR so all treatments are at the same location.
PGS was $3750 for 3-5 embryos. ICSI was covered by insurance ($3000 less for me than at the previous clinic). Unsure otherwise
Chestnut Hill

She [Dr. Zimon] was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered.
CCRM Boston is not a large center...mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number...The nursing staff is fantastic here at all levels. Everyone treated us like individuals and work incredibly hard. They are friendly and professional. It was again a major difference after coming from a large center where everything feels very impersonal and rushed. It was a delight to interact with them on monitoring and procedure days.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is extremely thorough, highly intelligent, compassionate and was willing to work with my particular situation. She was willing to engage with my ideas (both from research and from my previous experiences with other doctors) and never made me feel like I was being difficult or stubborn. Even though she is compassionate and passionate about success, she never sugar-coated the situation and was always realistic about expectations (even when it wasn't the easiest thing to hear). She was rational about what results we might expect and most importantly, though confident and optimistic, never over promised on what could be delivered. I've had the experience of overly confident doctors and let downs, and I would much rather Dr. Zimon's approach. She absolutely made me feel like a partner during the whole process and I really appreciated it. She listened to my concerns and ideas, explained hers and worked to find a way we could meet in the middle if there were differences. I saw her at almost every appointment, she did all of my retrievals (not my IUI on my converted cycle - that was done by a wonderful nurse) and I always felt she was fully invested in my success. I highly recommend her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for what all of your options are, Dr. Zimon is always willing to explain the process and reasons behind the treatment process and protocol.
CCRM Boston is not a large center (unlike my previous experience at Cornell in NYC) - mostly everyone knows your name and there is a definite feeling of being treated as a person and not a patient number.
I did three cycles with Dr. Zimon at CCRM. I have fairly significant DOR as well as male-factor, because of this, the first two were banking cycles, and the third was intended to be a fresh transfer. We agreed to an early freeze on the first two cycles. For the first cycle I did estrogen priming with micro-dose lupron cycle with max stims of Menopur and Follistim and omnitrope. We retrieved 5 eggs, of which 3 were mature and 2 fertilized and were frozen. The second cycle (another banking) was again estrogen priming with max doses of Menopur, Follistim and omnitrope, but we used clomid instead of the micro-dose lupron. We retrieved 5 eggs on that cycle of which 3 were mature all fertilized and were frozen. The following cycle was to be a complete cycle with fresh transfer. We went back to the micro-dose lurpon cycle and dropped the Menupur and Follistim down to 225/225. Unfortunately, due to my DOR I didn't respond as well and only one follicle developed. We planned to retrieve it, but it became ready to ovulate so instead we did an IUI - which worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
I've been attending CCRM Boston for more than a year, and during that time they have grown a lot so I would say there were a few growing pains administratively. Nothing that had an impact on treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Because of our insurance we had treatments mostly covered, but had to pay out of pocket for medications. I believe they were approximately $8000 per cycle.
I didn't make it to a transfer, but Dr. Zimon is a proponent of elective single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019, Successful
It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized...was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time [at CCRM Boston]. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since...since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank...is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer was very warm and understanding. He was patient and answered all of our questions. He thinks outside the box and was willing to try things that other clinics would not. He is very intelligent and trustworthy, we couldn't have been happier under his care.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is happy to answer all of them! He wants you to feel comfortable and educated on the treatment you are receiving.
I felt like every member of the staff, including Dr. Styer was sensitive and caring. At previous clinics, we were given standard protocols without much thought. It is obvious we were a more difficult case, and Dr. Styer took the time to review our case, consult other doctors at CCRM and give us several options on ways to proceed. It was not a "one size fits all" treatment protocol, it was truly individualized.
I have poor egg quality. Other clinics were pushing us towards donor eggs and I had read about other things to try before we pursued that route. We wanted to try everything we could using my own eggs and if it didn't work, we would move onto donor eggs, knowing we gave it our all. Dr. Styer did two cycles with my own eggs (we had done 4 at other clinics), trying things like HGH and clomid. We did get one beautiful looking embryo, however, it tested abnormal. After we accepted that IVF with my own eggs was not a possibility, we moved onto donor eggs and are so happy that we did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
We truly love all the nurses and medical assistants at CCRM. Each person was so warm, caring, and helpful throughout this process. There were some very difficult times for us, and we felt fully supported and truly cared about by everyone there. We always had plenty of opportunity to sit with the nurses to review treatment, ask any questions. They always returned my phone calls promptly and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
CCRM Boston is a fairly new facility (I think it opened in 2017). The office is beautiful, everything is modern and new. The areas where I had retrievals were state of the art, as well as their lab and other technology.
For cycles with my own eggs, we were covered by insurance. We paid out of pocket for donor eggs, but since we used a donor from CCRM's database, the cost was less than using another bank.
For our two donor egg transfers, we transferred one embryo each time. The first cycle we only had one embryo, so there was no need for a discussion. For our second transfer, we personally did not want to transfer more than one, so we were comfortable with his suggestion of a single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
We only experienced an issue with billing one time. We chalked it up to the growing pains of a new clinic. They resolved it quickly for us and we haven't had any issues since.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process....I just completed my first IUI with Dr. Zimon. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then took letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on day 9 for a monitoring appointment. I then went in for two additional monitoring appointments on days 12 and 15. I was able to administer the trigger shot on the evening of day 15 and did IUI on day 17. I did not see Dr. Zimon at all the day of my IUI.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.... If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process. CCRM is a newer facility in Boston and it shows because things can seem disorganized at times. If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits. The nurses are very caring and I feel like family there! The online portal has room for improvement as lab results are not posted automatically.
Ask questions!
It had been a frustrating process just to get to CCRM because my OB gave me the old age advice "wait a year, then we'll talk about referring you out." I finally decided to seek out treatment on my own and as soon as I met with Dr. Zimon she made me feel heard and validated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
I am very lucky that I have very good insurance coverage for infertility treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
During the diagnostic testing period, the clinic failed to fully explain the logistics of the genetic testing that was being asked of me and my husband. They had scheduled me for some bloodwork and I indicated that I would like my genetic testing to be done at the same time. It was not until I already had a needle in my arm that they told me that the timing of my husband's genetic testing was crucial (it needed to be done within 24 hours of mine). I had to go back the next week to do the genetic testing due to this error.
Framingham

Dr Styer takes the time to discuss my progress with me at each appointment. He also took his time with explaining our results from our previous clinic and all of the testing we had done. He answers all of our questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. He speaks compassionately to us and makes us feel like we are important.... I had gone through a Lupron Flare and one other protocol at another clinic and I hadn’t produced any eggs (low AMH). By the time we got to CCRM, we were ready to move to donor eggs when it was suggested by Dr Styer.
This clinic [CCRM Boston] is new and beautiful. You feel welcome as soon as you walk in. It is smaller than some other clinics so you feel like a person and not a number. Sometimes the appointments can run late but the trade off of being at a smaller clinic where the nurses are available to answer your questions in person is worth it.... The nursing staff is always available to answer questions. They are kind and compassionate and they don’t make you feel crazy for asking any sorts of questions.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
By the time we met with Dr Styer, we had gone through two unsuccessful IVF cycles at another clinic and a consult at a second clinic. As soon as we met Dr Styer, we knew we would be staying with CCRM. He was realistic with us about expectations and our course of treatment, but also compassionate to our situation. He is easy to talk to and answers questions thoughtfully. When we had some minor scheduling and communication issues with other professionals at CCRM, he was quick to resolve them.
Make your appointment with him ASAP
I had gone through a Lupron Flare and one other protocol at another clinic and I hadn’t produced any eggs (low AMH). By the time we got to CCRM, we were ready to move to donor eggs when it was suggested by Dr Styer. We are in the middle of a donor egg cycle now. I completed a mock cycle last month with good results. This involved Lupron, Progesterone, Crinone, Ultrasounds and an Endometrial Biopsy. All procedures are performed by Dr Styer so we could discuss the results immediately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Julie Gold)
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
This clinic is new and beautiful. You feel welcome as soon as you walk in. It is smaller than some other clinics so you feel like a person and not a number. Sometimes the appointments can run late but the trade off of being at a smaller clinic where the nurses are available to answer your questions in person is worth it.
We are in a donor egg cycle, so with insurance covering some of the costs we have to pay about 25,000. This includes payments to the donor egg clinic.
He strongly suggested (in fact it felt like the only option) doing a single embryo transfer. He said the odds were not any better for us if we were to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Framingham

She [Dr. Alison Zimon] makes you feel as if you're her only patient. The care I receive from her is far superior to my previous clinic...She is very easy to talk to and explains all details of your treatment. The care I've received from her is so much more than my pervious clinic. She actually listens to my concerns and is willing to try other protocols. My first cycle with her resulted in the most embroys making it to freeze out of the 3 cycles I've had! I have not had a transfer yet but I am very hopeful that she will help us get our miracle baby.
We had 36 retrieved, 24 mature, 18 fertilized & 8 blasts to biopsy & freeze [at CCRM Boston]. Currently waiting on chromosome testing results...The only weakness so far has been with the billing department. They forgot to submit a bill to insurance but they fixed the issue quickly. So far, I've had a great experience overall...I was supposed to have bloodwork at one of my appointments but they told me they didn't have an order for it. At my next appointment, I was told that I should have had it done at the previous appointment (like I thought). It wasn't anything that was going to delay my cycle so it wasn't a big inconvenience.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. She will listen!
She makes you feel as if you're her only patient. The care I receive from her is far superior to my previous clinic.
My stim protocol started with 150 follistim & 150 menopur for the first 2 days, then tapered down after each monitoring appointment. I stated cetrotide on day 4 and did a dual trigger of hgc & lupron. She monitored my cycles very closely, aso to not over stim me, which happened in the past. I respond very well to stims and we were trying to avoid OHSS. We had 36 retrieved, 24 mature, 18 fertilized & 8 blasts to biopsy & freeze. Currently waiting on chromosome testing results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The only weakness so far has been with the billing department. They forgot to submit a bill to insurance but they fixed the issue quickly. So far, I've had a great experience overall. .
Manchester

Felt accurately educated [by Dr. Styer] on the pros and cons [of Eset]. No real concern...Very personable, explains treatments and outcomes. After the failed transfer instead of just pushing through for the next cycle, he sat down with us in person... seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
had to call the on-call nurse [at CCRM Boston] to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening...They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance...Compared to other places, the staff seems great and compassionate. I have no real complaints. I've had other clinics that don't return calls or speak back to you in a condescending tone. CCRM is nothing like that; they are all great people, understanding and helpful. I've had a good experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone who is going through this.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Personable Doctor who seems to genuinely care about his patients. He is pretty good at explaining the process, the next steps and what to expect during treatment. The only thing I found concerning was the push for genetic testing. I felt like it was presented more for their benefit than for ours, but it could just biases.
Discuss if genetic testing is the best way to accomplish the end goal in detail with him. We felt like if you had a large quantity of eggs, it would be a no brainer, but otherwise it's a gamble.
We had a fairly standard protocol from what we could gather. We had extra vials at the end of the retrieval, because one vial was go for a few days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
The staff have all been genuinely great, compassionate and helpful even when calling off-hours with questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
In MA the costs are covered by insurance, but we had co-pays for visits and medications. The only thing not covered by insurance is the genetic testing at 3K per test. They are pushy about doing that genetic testing, and don't offer any sort of financial assistance. A 28% APR loan is NOT financial aid, it's highway robbery.
Felt accurately educated on the pros and cons. No real concern.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
Had a minor frustration with paperwork once. It was not the end of the world, but just slightly annoying once. We also had to call the on-call nurse to get test results - this was a pretty big deal, and wish they'd just have called right away instead of making us wait until late in the evening.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications...conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Overall, the nurses [at CCRM Boston] were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I have only positive things to say about Dr. Styer and my experience being his patient. I really couldn't have asked for a better doctor and would absolutely go back to him again if need be.
Try to relax because you are in good hands.
Dr. Styer conveyed genuine warmth and care for me the entire time. He explained things clearly and answered my many questions very patiently. He has a great sense of humor, often laughing with me at my nervous jokes and stories. He called me personally with the news of the positive pregnancy test, and we hugged when the first ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat.
Because of my age and number of miscarriages, we went right to IVF after doing many tests. There was nothing to indicate why I was miscarrying other than my age. I did the work up, then the egg retrieval and genetic testing, then the transfer about a month later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Overall, the nurses were really kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I broke down at two different points with two different nurses (one might have been a tech) and they were SO nice to me. It was really sweet. The only tiny thing is that I wish I would have had only one or two main point people rather than a handful. That said, it's not like there were dozens of people that i had to interact with - it still felt very much like a family business.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is easy to get to and has free parking, which is great considering how many times you have to be there. The waiting area, patient rooms, and consult rooms are clean and modern. The receptionists are friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Boston.
I never had a problem scheduling appointments and I very rarely had to wait.
about 6K
Dr. Styer was very upfront with me that he would only transfer one embryo at a time, and he went over the rationale and potential complications. I was very relieved, actually, to not have to make the choice.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Zimon creates specifically individualized treatments for me and I know I was not treated like everyone else. She evaluated my PCO(S) and explained what it means to not have the (S) Syndrome. She works very hard to help me out to the best of her ability and even reached out to the Colorado headquarters of CCRM to ask about clinical trials they are doing for PCOS and whether I could participate.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff [CCRM Boston] truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject!
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon will truly listen and take your thoughts into account before creating an IVF or embryo transfer plan so please share all of your thoughts and any research you have done.
Dr. Zimon's care is very personal and I feel like she is very invested in getting me pregnant. She is very sincere and talks to me like she's known me for years. She is completely empathetic and cares deeply to try and help me get pregnant.
She used very low dose for egg retrieval IVF cycle and each time she has lowered the doses as I respond dramatically to the medications. During embryo transfer she did a histamine protocol which included Claritin, Pepcid, baby aspirin and vitamin A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, Allison)
The nurses and staff are extremely caring and tried to answer my multitude of questions. Their response time was usually within 48 hours via email portal or telephone.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
During IVF cycles sometimes I have waited an hour however most of the time I am taken in for bloodwork and ultrasound within 20 minutes. The staff truly cares and I feel like an individual and not a number. They spent a lot of time teaching me how to do injections, especially progesterone intramuscular shots which can be intimidating! The first place I had IVF cycles, nobody taught me how to fill a syringe or inject! It really matters which clinic you choose! The two doctors did virtually all of my ultrasounds which was a great plus compared to the other two clinics that I did IVF cycles. Other clinics had technicians do ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
$15,000 - $20,000 IVF cycle w/ ICSI, Genetic Testing, etc.
My embryo's were genetically tested therefore they should have worked. Putting two embryos in could have put me at a high risk pregnancy carrying twins.
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage...She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval...Sometimes I needed to be persistent in contacting the nursing staff. Also the handouts they give for medication are not always clear or user friendly...I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points...But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is phenomenal. She was patient, compassionate, explained everything well, and was confident yet realistic. The difference in her practice (as opposed to the ivf factory style practices) was most pronounced at the retrievals and transfers. The retrievals were calm and smooth. Once I was the only patient there for retrieval, and the other time I was one of two. This is a world of difference from the factory clinics where you feel like you are on an assembly line. During transfers at the factory clinics, I was told I had a weird bend in my cervix and they had a difficult time and used various catheters, which made the process stressful and uncomfortable, and had us leave right after. At Dr. Zimon’s practice, she noted that the bend was due to my bladder being too full, removed all the equipment, she and the embryologist waited in the room while the nurse took me to the bathroom to partially empty, and then started anew and the procedure was easy, then they let us stay in the room (reclined) for as long as we wanted. The factory clinic didn’t have the time to do what was needed to correct the situation and let me suffer instead.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment!
Dr. Zimon is one of only two doctors at the practice and performed all ultrasounds herself during the monitoring phase of retrieval cycles, as well as the retrievals and transfers. She called us herself, on the weekend, to tell us the results of genetic testing and to congratulate us after a pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. When I expressed anxiety about “graduating” to an OB, she offered to let us return for one more appointment with her to get us past the timeline milestone for our previous missed miscarriage (resulting from spontaneous pregnancy while receiving care at another practice).
I had previously done three rounds of ivf at another practice resulting in few (1-3) mature eggs each cycle, fresh 3 day transfers due to the low number of embryos, and none that made it to day 5 to test/freeze, resulting in a single clinical pregnancy. Dr. Zimon expressed great confidence in CCRM’s lab (which they are known for) and I reluctantly agreed to a five day freeze all cycle to test, even though historically that meant no embryos for me. We got two chromosomically normal embryos from the first retrieval, and did a second freeze all retrieval before doing a transfer for fertility preservation, with the same results! Dr. Zimon did a frozen single transfer of the best quality embryo of the four and it resulted in my daughter, and we have three more embryos in storage .
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
It’s easy to get appointments, all staff are knowledgeable and helpful in person (nurses are a little difficult to communicate with between appointments), and it took a long time to get a refund that was owed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered all but the genetic testing
Dr. Zimon felt strongly (it may have been a requirement, I can’t remember) that only a single embryo be transferred if it was a day 5 with genetic testing because the likelihood of pregnancy was relatively good and the potential complications that could result from a transfer of multiples was too great. I was convinced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
I was frustrated with communication with nursing staff at some points, I can’t remember specifics. But it does not affect my recommendation of the clinic. Just be persistent.
Chestnut Hill

Dr. Styer is a very open and transparent physician and makes it clear from the the first minute that he is always transparent and is always enthusiastic about our care and our family. I really really love how engaged he is with us and how much he cares...One of our friends saw Dr. Styer and said he was so kind and competent about LGBT issues. Well....they were correct!!! He was just so easy to work with and so patient with my wife. He really helps us have hope about getting pregnant and that our rights and sexual orientation would be respected.
My coordinator and nurse [at CCRM Boston] really provided the best care for us. She was quite thorough and really paid attention to the details of care...The clinic is so well run and they were always so courteous. The staff all seemed to be so happy to be working there that it really rubbed off on us and made us even more enthusiastic. The clinic is also beautiful and really made us feel like we were at top notch center...Letrozole 5 mg and IUI with donor sperm
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
I would just say to be very upfront with questions and what you need as a patient. He is very accommodating and will always listen to what you have to say!
My wife,Nancy and I were at another clinic before seeing Dr. Styer and they were so ignorant towards us as a LGBT couple. One of our friends saw Dr. Styer and said he was so kind and competent about LGBT issues. Well....they were correct!!! He was just so easy to work with and so patient with my wife. He really helps us have hope about getting pregnant and that our rights and sexual orientation would be respected.
Letrozole 5 mg and IUI with donor sperm
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston.
My coordinator and nurse really provided the best care for us. She was quite thorough and really paid attention to the details of care
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
We did IUI and did not do an embryo transfer
Manchester

There was follow up banter and jokes between myself, my spouse and Dr. Styer. He remembered details about my fertility without having too “look back in my chart”...Dr. Styer is amazing, he is very knowledgeable, compassionate and down to earth...Single embryo transfer was what we both thought was best as I only had 2 embryos and hope to have 2 children.
Nursing staff [of CCRM] was always compassionate and friendly, slightly hard to get ahold of and waited several hours to return phone calls, sometimes next day...[Lab result] 2 normal embryos from 9 mature eggs...[approx cost] some where around $40,000+...Great results, with live births! Nursing staff (back office) seemed over worked fielding calls in triage..
How was your experience with Aaron K. Styer at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Styer is amazing, he is very knowledgeable, compassionate and down to earth. Hands down the most caring Dr with great bedside manner and staff. I have 100% trust in him. He gave me the best gift I’ve ever received, my Son.
I didn’t go see this clinic first time around because they were more expensive and I’m self pay, well huge mistake on my part I lost 9 mature eggs to what I feel was a lab mistake. I wasted 9 eggs when I had low egg reserve. I would send anyone here, this is the best place in Boston!
2 egg retrievals, back to back due to karotype issue and low ovaries reserve. Result, 2 normal embryos from 9 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Nursing staff was always compassionate and friendly, slightly hard to get ahold of and waited several hours to return phone calls, sometimes next day.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Great results, with live births! Nursing staff (back office) seemed over worked fielding calls in triage - issues getting calls back same day, clinic nurses where friendly, helpful and very supportive!
Roughly probably some where around $40,000+