Genetic counseling: Offered
Coordinating at-home nursing: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
810 7th Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM New York to a friend?
9.8

9.8

9.7

2019 - 2020
Dr. Choi was always friendly and treated us like smart adults who could assess information. She remembered our situation, concerns, and addressed them in subsequent appointments. She also went out of her way to say a quick hello even if we were only in office for blood work or monitoring. ... I was diagnosed with a slightly lower egg supply (diminished ovarian reserve), with high FSH. My AMH is considered normal/age appropriate... somewhat of a conundrum. So designing a treatment protocol that would wake up enough eggs but not make me overstimulate was important.
CCRM's strengths are its Doctors, Embryologists, and technologies. The money goes primarily to these areas. The business office & team could be organized a little better (8 of 10). There was just a couple discrepancies/ minor confusion in the beginning between the consult and testing workups and before the IVF cycle started that left us wondering sometimes. Each thing got worked out, but it took a couple emails/phone calls. Once we were fully in the IVF cycle, the injection protocol, monitoring, egg retrieval, and follow up all went smoothly. This is when we really became a "fan" of CCRM.
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Working with Dr. Choi was great. We did a bit of research on Fertility IQ before choosing a clinic & doctor and were not disappointed by our choice. Knowing time is extremely important we didn't want to waste time in not-a-great-experience. We wanted a doctor with a solid reputation and results. Right from the first consultation we were pleased by the amount of time Dr. Choi spent with us, including detailed explanations of all required testing, fertility treatment options including risk factors and percentage chance of success, and any limitations. Again we had done a bit of research on infertility before any appointments so we were able to jump right into conversation with her. She heard our concerns and addressed them. She was very factual and speaks quickly, so we always needed to be paying close attention. I brought my notes from home and my recent cycle dates on paper and she appreciated it. Two times, after testing results were received, we would send detailed questions/concerns into the Facility's nurses inbox and Dr. Choi called directly in reply. She allayed concerns, not with any pretense of guaranteed results, but reminding us there was likely not any one factor that would determine full success or full failure. We appreciated the personal touch. Dr Choi's protocol selection for me was spot on. The research we did on our own shows it was slightly aggressive but had it not been we would have not likely gotten the same results. The egg retrieval experience was good as well. She also always called with results (with any thing more than normal monitoring instructions). Dr Choi and her staff also worked with us patiently as we changed our minds a couple times regarding how we wanted the IVF cycle to proceed (fresh vs frozen transfer; PGS testing or not). She said, "I'll do what you guys want to do," so it made us feel heard. Ultimately we went with her recommendation; and we feel we got the best results we could have.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Do your own research and homework outside of your treatment recommendations, more for your own understanding. Come to the table with some knowledge of fertility/infertility. I could imagine not knowing anything someone might feel overwhelmed (in general). She explains well, but you'll maximize the depth of her knowledge better. She's extremely smart and good at what she does. Come to her with your own thoughts, questions. Dr. Choi speaks quickly, pay attention to her answers (take notes if possible).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Dr. Choi was always friendly and treated us like smart adults who could assess information. She remembered our situation, concerns, and addressed them in subsequent appointments. She also went out of her way to say a quick hello even if we were only in office for blood work or monitoring. It made us feel like we were "her patients."
Describe the protocols Janet Choi used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with a slightly lower egg supply (diminished ovarian reserve), with high FSH. My AMH is considered normal/age appropriate... somewhat of a conundrum. So designing a treatment protocol that would wake up enough eggs but not make me overstimulate was important. The protocal included... Estrogen priming, Menopur, Follistim, later added in Ganirellix, and 2 trigger shots. I didn't overstimulate and was pleased with the number of eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Dr Choi's primary Nurse, Emily, was very competent as well. Once we were working with her during the IVF cycle, we felt much more assure we were in good hands. She was always organized when we saw her and was always quick to reply thru the patient portal. We did have have some back and forth discrepancies with the patient care coordinator and the financial coordinator during the testing working up and before moving forward with the pricing/decided treatment. Sometimes we felt things got tacked on that we didn't ask for. I can imagine some people pay for services that aren't needed. We really had to advocate for ourselves that what were getting and paying for only what we wanted.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
The IVF cycle costed around $16K. This does not include the initial consultation and testing, medication, anesthesiology, or final frozen embryo transfer.
Describe Janet Choi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
Dr. Choi was willing to do no more than a 2 embryo fresh transfer. She warned against the risks of a multiple embryo transfer to both mom and baby. Ultimately we opted for PGS testing tho.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Levine is kind, compassionate and an amazing listener. He takes notes without being distracted by them....He was available for questions in the appointment, via email and via phone. (he is busy though, so it is hard to catch him at the office!) He actively listened and gave an informed, detailed medical opinion based on knowledge, science and anecdotal experiences....Our first two protocols were letrozole + Ovidrel trigger followed by specifically timed intercourse.
The clinic's strengths [CCRM NY] are many. The front receptionists and administrators are fantastic. They always pick up the phone, rarely put you on hold and get back to you with the information you require. They are fast to book your appointments and share details on schedules. Very accommodating. As I mentioned, the nursing staff for bloods and ultrasound are fantastic. The facility is clean and modern. Instruments and rooms are clean and up to date. Sanitization is on point.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
His strength is looking at you like a person. He takes into account all aspects of your life as they relate to fertility. Not just "you are infertile!" -- as I had heard at other providers. He is compassionate, but not coddling. He is direct, which I appreciate on a daily basis. Just tell me what I need to know and what the plan is! He was available for questions in the appointment, via email and via phone. (he is busy though, so it is hard to catch him at the office!) He actively listened and gave an informed, detailed medical opinion based on knowledge, science and anecdotal experiences. He doesn't rush you either. It may take a while to get an appointment with him, but know that he will spend a lot of time with you! I always feel confident in our plan when leaving the appointments with Dr Levine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Bring any and all questions you have! He will answer them with insight and thoughtfulness. Nothing is off limits, too personal or too medical. He is also great to just chat about life and how things are with you, so don't be afraid to be personal. He really does want to get to know you as a human being. Don't feel the need to rush the meeting because you think he needs to go! He will take his time with you unless some emergency comes up. (has only happened once in a year!) When you leave and forget to ask something, just email him. He will respond within a few days.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is kind, compassionate and an amazing listener. He takes notes without being distracted by them. (you know what I mean when a doctor is nodding, but not actively listening!) He took the time to understand and know us as a couple. "Feeling like a human" (to me) feels like a second home; someone who understands who you are as a person and not what season you are in or what role you play. It's nice to have someone ask questions about ME and not just about my fertility issues.
Describe the protocols Brian Levine used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
Our first two protocols were letrozole + Ovidrel trigger followed by specifically timed intercourse. With diminished ovarian reserve due to age, this rationale was to get the best egg response and time my cycle. We also added luteal support with progesterone inserts and estrogen patches. Unfortunately, we didn't conceive. Dr Levine then suggested trying an IUI which would increase our chances slightly, but get the sperm at least closer to the egg -- if that was the conception issue. We did the same medication protocol with letrozole (great response from my body), ovidrel trigger followed by a specifically timed IUI. We used a fresh sperm sample the day of the IUI with no male factor issues. Unfortunately, this didn't lead to conception either. Dr Levine has no adjusted course which my husband and I really appreciate. He didn't push us one way or the other actually -- he simply informed us of our options. We decided to skip another IUI and move into IVF due to my age, ovarian response and success rates with IVF. We started with a month of estrogen priming followed by a cycle of menopur + cetrotide + clomid + dexamethasone + gonal f + and will trigger with lupron + novarel when the time comes for retrieval.
The nursing staff is fantastic. They greet you in the lobby with a smile and genuine concern for how you are. The women you take your blood are fast. Trust me, from someone who faints, they are quick, kind and in and out! The nurses for the ultrasound are smart and efficient. The IVF nurses are also kind and answer all questions efficiently. I will urge you to stay on top of your own medical care. As wonderful as the nurses and providers are, things can get missed. Be proactive about asking questions when you either don't understand or think they gave you conflicting information. I had to inform them several times about a medication allergy which was fine; there are a lot of nurses and they share your medical information between them. I have learned to be patient while one nurse might not be up to speed.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic's strengths are many. The front receptionists and administrators are fantastic. They always pick up the phone, rarely put you on hold and get back to you with the information you require. They are fast to book your appointments and share details on schedules. Very accommodating. As I mentioned, the nursing staff for bloods and ultrasound are fantastic. The facility is clean and modern. Instruments and rooms are clean and up to date. Sanitization is on point. Communicating through their encrypted portal via email is great for lab results, emails, questions, general billing questions. I would say be proactive about your health. Since at the end of the day, you've spent time, finances and emotion on this journey. Own it and communicate with the clinic often. Things can get missed due to patient volume and the time to catch up on a patient's background. The longest response times were from billing, consent forms and insurance pre-certification departments. They eventually assisted, but it was difficult to connect with them. The IVF nurses were great, but I definitely needed to stay on top of things. If something was amiss or instructions were conflicting, it would initially drive me crazy! Now, I'm much more in control and don't rely on them to reach out first. I would recommend the patient call or email them proactively.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Levine at CCRM New York.
I would recommend you ask for the billing costs. They sent a complete list of all procedures, codes for insurance if you have it, and the costs associated with each item. Costs for timed intercourse cycles were low -- medications were under $5. Trigger shots were closer to $200. IUI procedures were around $1K. And IVF is around $23K including PGS testing, biopsy, ICSI and assisted hatching. Medications we shopped around for the best prices at local and other pharmacies.
Describe Brian Levine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
We haven't gotten to the FET stage as of yet, but I believe the clinic prefers FET over fresh embryo transfers. I also believe that eSET is the preferred method, but would suggest you chat with Dr Levine about your questions and concerns.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York.

Male Factor, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
On one occasion, I came in for a saline sonogram and she [Dr. Knopman] performed a standard transvaginal ultrasound. On multiple occasions, she provided one response to a question only to provide a different one later (e.g. - do supplements have an impact on sperm quality?)...gave the impression she really cared about you. She knew my name and was extremely friendly, but in the end we felt like in the ways that mattered most she wasn't paying attention
We had a wrong procedure performed, a couple times drugs weren't called in and most alarmingly a consulting physicians protocol failed to make it into my records causing them to prescribe medications that I was already taking [at CCRM New York]...We spent approximately 50,000 on 2 egg retrievals and 3 transfers at CCRM excluding meds... we came here based on the stellar reputation of CCRM and we quickly realized we were at CCRM New York, not CCRM Colorado.
Male Factor, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
This is a hard review to write because there were so many aspects of our care under Dr Knopman that we felt positive about, but in the end we could not recommend her. The positives. She will respond to your emails/calls and you will actually see her and get to know her as your doctor. She absolutely knew us as people and as patients. She is approachable, intelligent and was quick to admit when our case went beyond her comfort zone at which point she referred us out to a consulting specialist. The downsides: She felt very rushed, careless and not as thorough as we would have liked. She contradicted herself on multiple occasions. On one occasion, she performed the wrong kind of sonogram on me. The nail in the coffin was the fact that she failed to make note of the medications that the specialist (who she referred me to) prescribed. As a result, she prescribed me two medications that I was already taking. When our case became complicated, she justified proposed treatments with anecdotal stories instead of studies. This made us feel like she wasn't willing to dig deep for answers and was instead relying on whatever evidence jumped to mind. Ironically, we felt that she was at her best when she called to give us bad news (failed IUIs, IVF cycles and chemical pregnancies). At these moments, she slowed down and provided us with thoughtful unhurried responses to our questions. We did not get pregnant with Dr. Knopman and I don't know if that is the result of her care. If I'm honest with myself, I don't necessarily think it is. What I do know is that in the end neither my husband nor I had confidence in her attention to detail and the stakes were too high to risk having a detail fall through the cracks. We've since moved to another clinic and feel much more confident that we are getting the level of attention we should be. Even if we don't ultimately get the outcome we want, we feel better about the process than we did with Dr. Knopman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Be prepared to speak up and advocate for yourself. I think Dr Knopman genuinely wants the best for all of her patients, but I suspect she is just super busy. Don't be the patient who gets shortchanged and demand the time/answers you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr Knopman gave the impression she really cared about you. She knew my name and was extremely friendly, but in the end we felt like in the ways that mattered most she wasn't paying attention. On one occasion, I came in for a saline sonogram and she performed a standard transvaginal ultrasound. On multiple occasions, she provided one response to a question only to provide a different one later (e.g. - do supplements have an impact on sperm quality?)
The women who do morning monitoring (particularly blood draws) are truly the best part of this clinic. They are so kind and compassionate. I genuinely looked forward to seeing them. With rare exception, the doctor's nurses were also wonderful and very friendly. Occasionally prescriptions did not get called in, but they seemed pretty on top of it. I've heard horror stories of nurses at other clinics and you won't get any of that here. You might like one more than another, but they are all caring, component and pleasant.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful and monitoring is a breeze. Almost everyone there will know your name. This makes the process of going through IVF so much more pleasant. That said, we came here based on the stellar reputation of CCRM and we quickly realized we were at CCRM New York, not CCRM Colorado. It became clear after having a consult with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado that they are doing things differently there. For one, while CCRM NY offers acupuncture, they never once mentioned the benefits of complementary therapy (supplements, acupuncture, etc.) and even seemed to poo poo it. They market themselves as a super personal and they are in the sense they know you, but medically speaking it feels a little bit like a factory. I don't think I got any more of a personalized approach there than I would have at any other major NY clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York.

2019 - 2020
Brian Levine is a compassionate Doctor who is encouraging of our quest to have a child despite my age and low ovarian reserve...is a good communicator and great Doctor who encourages us to try for IVF despite my low ovarian reserve. He calls you personally on the weekend to give your results. He answers any questions you have through email and listens to your concerns. Really, he wants all his patients to be successful and we are glad he's our Doctor.
The clinic is great, large for NYC, clean, comfortable. Strength- the team of Doctors at CCRM. They are all great and rooting for you. The nurses are kind and really nice people. Everyone is a great communicator. Excellent service, you are never waiting long in waiting room, the online portal is easy to use...the nurses and entire team of Doctors at CCRM are amazing.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Brian Levine is a good communicator and great Doctor who encourages us to try for IVF despite my low ovarian reserve. He calls you personally on the weekend to give your results. He answers any questions you have through email and listens to your concerns. Really, he wants all his patients to be successful and we are glad he's our Doctor.
Understand that CCRM is a community that he is running. Brian might not be there for every ultrasound but the other Doctors will be and they are all great.
Brian Levine is a compassionate Doctor who is encouraging of our quest to have a child despite my age and low ovarian reserve. We are doing all we can and the nurses and entire team of Doctors at CCRM are amazing.
He changed clomid to lupron during my second cycle and I'm on estrogen pills with lupron, menopur, and gonal this cycle- our third. First cycle only had one egg- cancelled, second cycle 5 follicles, 2 eggs retrieved. We are hoping for better results third time around.
The nurses are all so kind and caring. You really get to know them. They remember you and are encouraging if you ever have a bad day or a struggling with emotions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
An efficient well run machine. No waiting, compassionate Doctors. I loved the team at CCRM so if Dr. Levine was not available it was always great to see the other Doctors- they are all good. Dr Knopman is so kind, Dr. Talebian encouraging, Dr Choi matter of fact but in a good way.
I had my insurance through Progyny

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Knopman was incredibly interpersonal even when having to give tough news. She stuck with us and always kept the ball moving forward even during setbacks, she was sympathetic and encouraging but also very pragmatic. She always took the time to listen to our questions and concerns. I felt like she really knew who my husband and I were and what we were trying to achieve and how we were willing to achieve it...innovative and willing to try new paths if a cycle did not work out the way we had hoped, she never repeated the same cycle twice without first considering alternatives or other avenues. She gave us tough news in the kindest way possible and was also our biggest cheerleader when we took steps forward. Dr. Knopman changed our lives and we are so grateful to have had her each step of the way.
CCRM is very patient-friendly. They move through appointments efficiently and allow you to make appointments even for your daily/weekly blood draws during your cycle. The front desk is very warm and helpful, they are able to get you what you need quickly...The nursing staff at CCRM were absolute rockstars. They were efficient, professional and always uplifting. We are so grateful to them for their fantastic care and their kind words. They were an amazing support system during a process that can be very difficult.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman was absolutely fantastic. Going into fertility treatment my husband and I were not sure what to expect but she was aways honest and open, direct and encouraging. Dr. Knopman was innovative and willing to try new paths if a cycle did not work out the way we had hoped, she never repeated the same cycle twice without first considering alternatives or other avenues. She gave us tough news in the kindest way possible and was also our biggest cheerleader when we took steps forward. Dr. Knopman changed our lives and we are so grateful to have had her each step of the way.
Be open to the process and be realistic about the treatment. A lot of working through infertility is figuring out what works for your specific situation and Dr. Knopman will be a fantastic ally in that journey.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
Early on we tried two IUIs with letrozole and a trigger shot, which was a very comfortable first step for us in the early process. Then we moved to our first egg retrieval and did one medicated transfer (using progesterone, patches, supplements, etc.) and one "natural" transfer (using just the patches and suppositories). Our first transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test and our second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We did a second retrieval and for our third transfer we did a "natural" transfer with two embryos and supported by supplemental IVIG treatments provided by Dr. Jonathan Scher, which was ultimately successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Anderson)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
We were very fortunate to have fertility insurance through Progyny. Out of pocket costs were for procedures co-pays and for medications.
Describe Jaime Knopman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
None.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
I have done two cycles so far with Dr. Talebian. Based on my history, we did the lupron protocol combined with Menopur and Gonal F. I responded well the first time, less the second time. We suspect that it’s because the first time I was prep’d with estrogen patches, and with the contraceptive pill the second time...truly cares about her patients. She takes the time to talk to you and understand your journey. Her treatment is customized and not generic. She listens.
The nursing staff [at CCRM New York] is very friendly and get to know you personally. They don’t treat you like a number, are patient and responsive...Wait time was minimal and process very smooth [for monitoring]...Each retrieval cycle cost about $16k + injections paid separately. That does not include the embryo transfer...This is a great clinic. Doctors are top notch and nursing staff very professional. The office is never crowded and the wait time is minimal, which is really nice. The only word of caution is with the claim processing - they are working on improving their processes in assisting patients with insurance claims.
Investment Banker
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I would recommend dr. Talebian to all my friends. I am still going through the IVF process but regardless of the outcome she has my full trust. I know I am in good hands with her. She is smart, dedicated, caring and kind. She makes me feel like I am not alone in this journey and is as vested as I am.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Describe your situation and history with details and Dr. Talebian will make sure to adjust the protocol accordingly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian truly cares about her patients. She takes the time to talk to you and understand your journey. Her treatment is customized and not generic. She listens.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
I have done two cycles so far with Dr. Talebian. Based on my history, we did the lupron protocol combined with Menopur and Gonal F. I responded well the first time, less the second time. We suspect that it’s because the first time I was prep’d with estrogen patches, and with the contraceptive pill the second time. For my third cycle we will start w the patches, the Gonal F and Menopur combined with Clomid. I will be triggered w lupron and HCG.
The nursing staff is very friendly and get to know you personally. They don’t treat you like a number, are patient and responsive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
Wait time was minimal and process very smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
Dr. Talebian suggested we may have to consider transferring two embryos when the time comes given my success so far.
+ Read more- Read less

Have all of your questions ready because she [Dr. Knopman] is fast; she is in and out of the room when you go in for scans and you should be prepared with everything you want to discuss. I would also say never hesitate to email her, she will always get back to you...After two failed rounds on IVF at another clinic (where many embryos were made but few made it to PGS testing and none were "good") she added micro dose lupron to my protocol and it worked. While I still only had one embryo sent to PGS testing it was one more than we had the last two rounds and it came back "good" and we are now 8 weeks pregnant.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses [at CCRM New York]...They [nurses] were ALL extremely organized, on top of things and communicative. At my last clinic I felt like I had to be my own advocate and keep track of everything whereas at CCRM most of it was done for me. They were always two steps ahead. They are also all incredibly kind and caring...The office is clean and inviting and you are treated like an individual. During egg retrieval you are given your own private space and every detail is thought of: heated blankets, coconut water for after surgery, "think" underwear etc.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is a communicative, intelligent, caring doctor who will give you the best treatment every step of the way. She is willing to take each case as an individual situation and think outside the box to get you to your end goal. She is candid and casual and I felt like I had known her for years after meeting her for the first time. However, she is also blunt and to-the-point. If you are somebody who wants things delivered delicately and know the you prioritize hand-holding, she may not be the doctor for you. I would recommend Dr. Knopman to anyone who is seeking fertility treatment and would be confident that they were in the best medical hands.
Have all of your questions ready because she is fast; she is in and out of the room when you go in for scans and you should be prepared with everything you want to discuss. I would also say never hesitate to email her, she will always get back to you.
Dr. Knopman made my IVF experience at CCRM feel so personal. She allowed me to email her about anything (and everything... and sometimes I did) and she always got back to me within 24 hours (and usually much less) and was honest and straightforward. She also called me on the cell phone every step of the way-- with fertilization results, numbers of embryos sent to testing, PGS results (this phone call came on a summer Friday at 6pm!), pregnancy blood results etc. Honestly it took me some getting use to after the experience we had before CCRM, I was shocked at how often I was hearing from my doctor. It truly made all the different in our experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lewis)
They were ALL extremely organized, on top of things and communicative. At my last clinic I felt like I had to be my own advocate and keep track of everything whereas at CCRM most of it was done for me. They were always two steps ahead. They are also all incredibly kind and caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is overall a fantastic experience. The office is clean and inviting and you are treated like an individual. During egg retrieval you are given your own private space and every detail is thought of: heated blankets, coconut water for after surgery, "think" underwear etc. During a transfer you have the option for a valium and acupuncture in the room where your transfer is. It is a clinic that prioritizes keeping the patient comfortable during an extremely uncomfortable time. They are also organized and professional, I never had a screw-up with medication doses or orders or instructions. They called me when they said they would and always followed-up more than I was even expecting. I honestly can't think of any weaknesses.
I honestly forget the details but a cycle was around 20k?

19 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sheeva Talebian was] Warm, thoughtful, an expert communicator who can synthesize complex medical terms into examples and language that were uniquely applicable to my personal situation. I've been singing Dr. T's praises all summer/fall and would refer her to ANYONE (friend or stranger)...will hold the space to answer EVERYTHING that comes across your mind...I experienced a very straightforward egg retrieval...met me in the middle ground and offered care and compassion from a place of humor, kindness, and most importantly, facts. She struck a comforting balance of providing me with the information I needed but also thoughtfully answered my far flung/nerve based "what if" questions.
I really appreciated the wide network that CCRM has which offers easy options should I ever move in the future. Additionally, they have pooled research and resources which made me feel the safest about freezing with them and knowing they have comprehensive emergency plans...[the nurses are] SO friendly and capable. Even though I was experiencing a lot of stress and anxiety during the cycle, they always put me at ease and met my nerves with a warm calming presence. They also thoughtfully answered my questions every time I was in the office and offered hands on tutorials any time a new drug was introduced.
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Warm, thoughtful, an expert communicator who can synthesize complex medical terms into examples and language that were uniquely applicable to my personal situation. I've been singing Dr. T's praises all summer/fall and would refer her to ANYONE (friend or stranger) considering working with CCRM.
To come prepared with questions and thoughts because Dr. T will hold the space to answer EVERYTHING that comes across your mind.
From the very first meeting Dr. Talebian met me in the middle ground and offered care and compassion from a place of humor, kindness, and most importantly, facts. She struck a comforting balance of providing me with the information I needed but also thoughtfully answered my far flung/nerve based "what if" questions.
N/A, unable to recall full specifics. I experienced a very straightforward egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
SEAMLESS, I was able to arrive for my scheduled time, sit in a beautiful lobby with snacks, drinks, magazines and was always seen for my appointment within 5 minutes of arriving (even if I was early).
I cannot remember as much was covered by my employer.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Knopman was definitely sincere and caring. She is a quick talker and super knowledgeable, so be prepared to take notes or records your session. She is also very observant around her patient's emotional state and is very easy to talk to.... While my one-on-one time with Dr. Knopman was limited to ultrasound appointments and typically only lasted about 5-10 min, but during that time I certainly felt like a human.
The nursing staff [at CCRM] was amazing. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about not dealing directly with Dr. Knopman, but the nursing staff immediately calmed any uncertainty I had. They used a portal system for communications and were very attentive and responded quickly to any questions I had....I'd say the weaknesses lie within the business office. They've made multiple errors on my insurance claim forms which is delaying the little reimbursement we receive.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman was definitely sincere and caring. She is a quick talker and super knowledgeable, so be prepared to take notes or records your session. She is also very observant around her patient's emotional state and is very easy to talk to. And post retrieval surgery she personally calls you with any and all results and next steps.
Take questions and ask as many questions as you can. She's very insightful - so you can learn a lot.
I began with birth control. Went in for blood work and then began my Lupron shot that evening. The next day continued the Lupron shots in the am/pm and a Dexamethasone pill in the am. Then on day 3, I continued the Lupron and Dexamethasone pill and added menopur and Gonal F. My partner also started his antibiotic. I continued on this course of treatment, without alterations, until my retrieval surgery on 2 weeks and 1 day later.
The nursing staff was amazing. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about not dealing directly with Dr. Knopman, but the nursing staff immediately calmed any uncertainty I had. They used a portal system for communications and were very attentive and responded quickly to any questions I had. The phlebotomists were great and the nursing team contacted me with my results about 4 hours post appointment with any adjustments or guidelines for my injections.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic's strengths are the insight, knowledge and compassion of everyone you deal with. The doctors and nurses really make you feel as if you are in the best hands. I'd say the weaknesses lie within the business office. They've made multiple errors on my insurance claim forms which is delaying the little reimbursement we receive.
We had to pay $18,640.00 upfront. They offer access to CapexMed loans and other financing options.
We haven't done any transfers yet, but the CCRM clinic believes in a single embryo transfer approach. Less likely to conceive twins and less risky since I'm older.
+ Read more- Read less

From our very first meeting with Dr Talabian, my partner and I felt that she was very kind and honest about what the IVF process would be like and what our chances were. She has been available to talk on weekends, has helped us with navigating the drug and insurance issues we faced... Dr Talabian explained the benefits of eSET and my partner and I agreed that it was the best option for us.
CCRM was very good in that they really take care of you every step of the way. You didn't feel like you were going to fall through the cracks....The only draw back is that it is very expensive....I would say most of the time the nursing staff was good a communication. I would have preferred if it was one nurse we were communicating, rather than several, because sometimes it seemed they weren't familiar with the case.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I feel that she was very honest and compassionate about our case. We are on the older side, and she has been honest about when we should continue down a particular road, or when she thinks it's time to change course. She has been willing to talk me through tough choices on the phone and been available on weekends, which has been tremendously helpful through this process.
The team at CCRM and Dr Talabian are great. That said, the patient still really needs to be on top of her own meds, as well as be very clear with the insurance company. There are so many hoops that you have to go through. Be in charge of your meds, be in touch with the clinic, ask a lot of questions, and you will get the help you need. But you the patient need to be primarily responsible for the drugs, and there are a lot of them!
From our very first meeting with Dr Talabian, my partner and I felt that she was very kind and honest about what the IVF process would be like and what our chances were. She has been available to talk on weekends, has helped us with navigating the drug and insurance issues we faced, and has been there through our triumphs and set backs alike. I feel like I have a supportive team member under her care, and that the team at CCRM is looking out for me.
I did an estradiol patch post ovulation, then 2 weeks of dexathemsome tablets, menapur injectables, and Lupron. In the evening I injected Gonal F and Lupron. Then we did the egg retrieval. The first round gave 2 blasts but neither were successfull. We will try one more round of egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: julie)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM was very good in that they really take care of you every step of the way. You didn't feel like you were going to fall through the cracks, and it's very easy to lose your way in IVF, there are so many small details you have to go through. The only draw back is that it is very expensive.
$18,000 injectables and retrieval. $10,000 freezing and transfer $400 in house blood work for ovulation test
We eSET. I feel the eSET makes a lot of sense, though I know that not all clinics feel that way. Dr Talabian explained the benefits of eSET and my partner and I agreed that it was the best option for us.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.

CCRM is the gold standard in medical care. I've been told many times that they are the most expensive - but the saying really is true....you get what you pay for. The doctors are all top notch, every appointment I had ran on time and the facility is very nice. I also GREATLY appreciated that morning monitoring was on an appointment basis.... My only complaint is that I never actually met my dedicated nurse in person
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
I am so happy to be in the care of Dr. Knopman. She is very positive without overpromising results. She clearly set cautious expectations and was 100% correct in her prediction every step of the way throughout the stimulation and retrieval process. Dr. Knopman had to break the news to us about my Diminished Ovarian Reserve (my AMH is incredibly low for a 33 yr old) and was aggressive and direct about her recommended course of treatment. While overwhelming at first, I am glad she pushed us to act quickly. We will be working towards "banking" embryos now so there will hopefully be the possibility to have a child now as well as another a few years in the future. Without this aggressive action, I don't think we would be able to have children in a few years since my egg reserve will only get worse.
Go see Dr. Knopman! Come prepared with a list of questions and be ready to ask them all!
CCRM provides incredibly thorough yet caring service - better than any other experience I've had with a doctor or medical professional. Both Dr. Knopman and the nurses are very accessible by email and phone and were ready to answer any and all questions I had throughout the process.
Standard Antagonist protocol. When I was slow to respond to Gonal-F and Menopur, she added Clomid which seemed to kick start things a bit.
My only complaint is that I never actually met my dedicated nurse in person. That said, on monitoring days I regularly met with many of the other nurses and was able to ask them any questions I had. My nurse was always very responsive to email questions - literally within a few hours, if not minutes of my outreach.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is the gold standard in medical care. I've been told many times that they are the most expensive - but the saying really is true....you get what you pay for. The doctors are all top notch, every appointment I had ran on time and the facility is very nice. I also GREATLY appreciated that morning monitoring was on an appointment basis. I started a new job with an incredibly busy schedule during my stimulation process so would not have been able to do so had I needed to wait hours each morning for bloodwork/ultrasound.
Each retrieval round is around $20,000 and then medication costs are on top of that. Due to my Diminished Ovarian Reserve, I needed higher doses of the stimulation drugs for a longer than average period of time, driving up the cost even more.
Committed to eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Talebian] and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer...answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband...I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience
Nursing staff and the entire team [at CCRM New York] was excellent. Went out of their way to be friendly, call you by name, ask how you were doing and feeling. Can't say enough good things...We felt like we were in good hands with each of them and every visit was timely. The waiting room is peaceful and clean...I never once felt like a number- and I was at this practice for over a year. Every visit the entire staff treated me as a person and spoke to me by name and greeted me with the warmest smiles.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience. I believe that Dr. Talebian was instrumental in our success and we would not be where we are today without her. From day one she looked at me as a person that she could help have success and she never wavered from that belief; even when I myself did. She never gave up on my case. She was reassuring and took time to explain things in person, on email, and on the phone every time I reached out and needed reassurance, encouragement or an explanation. She was beyond patient. Advice- don’t be afraid to ask questions and do that over googling. The internet is scary and often times wrong. Trust her and believe in her. She knows what she’s doing. She will tell your her POV and guide you- let her.
Trust in her and don't be afraid to ask questions or for an explanation of how things work. She is super knowledgeable and knowing the facts will help reassure you.
I never once felt like a number- and I was at this practice for over a year. Every visit the entire staff treated me as a person and spoke to me by name and greeted me with the warmest smiles. I was never rushed through and every doctor, nurse, receptionist I saw was top notch. Dr. Talebian answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband.
We started with letrozole and then moved to an IUI before doing IVF.
Nursing staff and the entire team was excellent. Went out of their way to be friendly, call you by name, ask how you were doing and feeling. Can't say enough good things.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I believe this clinic is amazing and very different from many in NY that are more like factories. I have had friends who had insanely long wait times, never saw their actual doctor, had information prescribed wrong etc. and that is not the case here. We saw our doctor at almost every visit and if not, we saw one of the other three doctors who are all amazing. We felt like we were in good hands with each of them and every visit was timely. The waiting room is peaceful and clean.
She and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer

4 IUI, IVF
We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine...always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork [at CCRM New York]... is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem... They [nurses] are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
From the moment we met Dr. Brian Levine my husband & I knew right from the start we made a great choice. We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine.
If you have any questions Dr. Levine always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
DR. LEVINE TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN OUR OPTIONS AND ALWAYS ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS, NEVER FELT RUSHED & WAS COMPASSIONATE ABOUT MY SITUATION.
We first did an IUI unfortunately did not work on the first try. Since I have done previous IUI's at a different clinic my husband & I agreed to go through IVF. My eggs were retrieved & were frozen. Prior to the retrieval I was on Menopur, Gonal F, & Cetrocide. I was on two months of Lupron (induced menopause) pror to my egg transfer recommended by Dr. Levine since I had severe endometriosis. After egg transfer I had progesterone oil shots, estrogen patches, &progesterone suppositories. After this cycle I am happy to say I am currently eight weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana Greenberg & Elizabeth)
Elana, Liz, Jenny, Stephanie, & embryologist were exceptional. They are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork, my insurance unfortunately does not cover ivf.
Due to having a history of stage 4 endometriosis and having a great egg quality, Dr. Levine recommended to have one embryo transferred as opposed to two which might put me at a higher risk.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Knopman listened to what we had experienced at another clinic, gave feed back, ideas and plans from the first time we met. The protocol was based on doing something different to get a better result which made me feel like my health and needs were being acknowledged in a new way....Dr. Knopman is positive and direct. She greets me every appointment with a caring question and tells me what she’s seeing as she goes. She personally called me when the one embryo which was created came back normal from genetic testing and was genuinely thrilled.
CCRM only accepts one type of insurance, so everything is out of pocket. The pricing seemed in line to what I have seen and read from other practices in NYC....The location is fantastic and just next to the “Hope” sign in midtown. The waiting room is much more inviting than some other offices: view of time square, natural light, snacks and beverages. There isn’t much of a secondary waiting room, just 3 chairs to use if you have to wait between BW and US. Typically there isn’t a wait or it’s just a minute or so.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is positive and direct. She greets me every appointment with a caring question and tells me what she’s seeing as she goes. She personally called me when the one embryo which was created came back normal from genetic testing and was genuinely thrilled. She has stated she loves the OR and Ultrasound and her enthusiasm comes through.
Dr. Knopman runs monitoring appointments on Tuesday mornings. On other mornings her fellow Drs will see you and are all great. Dr. Knopman will answer all your questions and refer you specialists to gain more incite to your health. I really appreciated her point of view and partnership in finding new solutions for my fertility journey.
After reviewing our disappointment in the 3 rounds done at a previous clinic, Dr Knopman immediately started asking questions and coming up with new ideas. Number 1: mirror my first cycle by starting a 2 week round of birth control Number 2: noting the PCOS, begin taking Metformin, Shot protocol: 175 Follistim, add menopur and ganerelix after 6 days. Trigger was both HCG and Lupron but split into am and pm doses. We got 19 eggs, only 1 made it to blast on day 6 and was genetically tested. Test came back normal!
Everyone I have met has taken time to sit and answer questions. They’ve been friendly and well versed on procedures.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The location is fantastic and just next to the “Hope” sign in midtown. The waiting room is much more inviting than some other offices: view of time square, natural light, snacks and beverages. There isn’t much of a secondary waiting room, just 3 chairs to use if you have to wait between BW and US. Typically there isn’t a wait or it’s just a minute or so. The exam rooms can be a little cold in the winter. It’s great to only come to 1 office for everything meetings, monitoring, and procedures.
CCRM only accepts one type of insurance, so everything is out of pocket. The pricing seemed in line to what I have seen and read from other practices in NYC. The first consult has a charge of a few hundred dollars but it covers the consult, BW and US.
+ Read more- Read less

We had two consultations with Dr. Talebian before starting with treatment. I was able to directly email her through the course of us deciding next steps and she got back to me quickly. Through our conversations she mentioned a few things that showed she understands the emotional and physical side to doing cycles....She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear.
I feel communication and organization is a weak point for the coordinators. Since I have been through several cycles (at another clinic) I knew what to expect at the steps along the way. I found myself asking the nurses and coordinator for information that they should have been telling me....CCRM was very detailed with billing. They shared a lined item list of each step of the cycle and cost. There was a list of extra services as well that you could add to the cost. Total IVF cost was 24k not including medication.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
We came to see Dr. Talebian after completing 3 failed cycles with another clinic. I wasn't sure if we would get turned away since we had some failures but instead she was pleasantly positive. She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear. She was relatable and empathized with all the life style changes we have had to make in the past year. She understood the need to keep life as normal as possible and gave the OK on things we had previously cut out because of IVF. I never felt rushed or that any question was silly.
Come with questions- she will answer all of them.
estrogren priming (about 1 week) oral steriod Clomid 10 days Menupor 150 Gonal 300 Centrotide HCG 10,000 iu trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: yes but I didn't always deal with her)
I feel communication and organization is a weak point for the coordinators. Since I have been through several cycles (at another clinic) I knew what to expect at the steps along the way. I found myself asking the nurses and coordinator for information that they should have been telling me. I was giving them personal information twice because they said they didn't have it (but I had given to someone else) One visit they thought I was only getting blood, no sonogram and only knew I needed the sonogram because I said something. Even after discussing it they thought I was on a different day of stims. All instructions are emailed through their portal which is very nice to not be on edge waiting for a phone and thinking you might miss it. It is easy to print the email and then have a checklist of meds until your next visit. The only set back is if when you don't get a message. Once I called because it was 4:30 and I still hadn't gotten my instructions. The nurse said she already sent it and I just didn't receive. So you still have to be on top of that. Although their are a few setbacks overall the staff is very friendly and willing to help.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Morning monitoring are scheduled appointments and are usually called within 5-10 mins of appointment time. If you want to see your doctor for monitoring you have to tell them when making the appointment. If not, you just see the doctor covering AM monitoring. If you know you are going for blood and ultrasound and a nurse tells you differently question it. They could have inaccurate information. Although the clinic is on the smaller side, confusion can still happen!
+ Read more- Read less

CCRM is well run and efficient. The different departments (front desk, nursing, doctors, billing) seem to be well coordinated and communicate well. You make an appointment for monitoring so there is generally little waiting around beforehand though on occasion the wait time for the ultrasound portion would be long.... A couple of minor issues: in one instance, an AMH test had to be redone due to a lab error. In another, a miscommunication by one of the nurses that was corrected upon following up about it.
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Dr. Choi is incredibly empathetic and compassionate. She listens to my concerns and questions. She’s also been willing to adjust my course of treatment to try to better maximize the outcome. After three egg retrievals, I had only one day-5 blastocyst. Given this, she adjusted the transfer cycle to perform additional testing typical only undertaken after a failed embryo transfer. Rather than risk my one embryo, I appreciated the proactive approach to do the extra testing beforehand.
Be armed with questions before appointments. The office appointments are the best time to be able to discuss with her directly so it’s important to be prepared.
Dr. Choi always took the time to explain things thoroughly and consider my input.
First retrieval: traditional cycle with menopur and gonal, and cetrotide added halfway through. Lupron trigger at the end. This yielded 4 eggs and one pgs normal blastocyst. Second retrieval: Lupron protocol to try to increase egg count. This resulted in greatest drop off between number of eggs (5) and number mature/fertilized (2). No blastocysts. Third retrieval: back to the original menopur, gonal and cetrotide protocol though the amounts of menopur and gonal were slightly different. This yielded 6 eggs (5 mature), 4 fertilized but no blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Nursing team was excellent. Extremely responsive to questions both through the online portal and over the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
Complete cycle was around $22,000 with meds an additional $6,000-$8,000.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York.

6 Eggs Frozen
I decided to see Dr. Choi because I really liked her manner and tone. She had a very calming air about her and seemed to be very sensitive to my needs. ... She was so thorough and really took the time to get to know me and explain the process fully. She made me feel totally at ease with my decision to freeze eggs. She was compassionate but also very straight forward which I really admire. I had a wonderful experience with her.
The clinic [CCRM NY] was really pleasant and really prompt and timely for the most part which I really respect. It’s really nice when you actually get seem at your appointment time! They made the whole experience as comfortable and easy as possible. ... The nursing staff was great as well. They communicated when they said they would and were always available to answer any questions. I also had one of the nurses coming to help me with injections nightly and she was so nice, she really went out of her way to help me!
6 Eggs Frozen
European, Other
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Let me start by saying I think all the doctors at CCRM are really the best out there. I decided to see Dr. Choi because I really liked her manner and tone. She had a very calming air about her and seemed to be very sensitive to my needs. I went to an information session put on by the doctors and then followed up with a consultation with Dr. Choi and after both I knew I made the right decision with the practice and the doctor I decided to see. She was so thorough and really took the time to get to know me and explain the process fully. She made me feel totally at ease with my decision to freeze eggs. She was compassionate but also very straight forward which I really admire. I had a wonderful experience with her.
Don’t look at any other practice, go to CCRM and see Dr. Choi.
I was really happy with the time Dr. Choi and the rest of he CCRM team spent with me. They were always there to answer all my questions and help every step of the way, they all made me feel very comfortable.
Dr. Choi came up with my hormone treatment based on my blood work and initial ultrasound and adjust as she felt she needed to as I continued to go for blood work and ultrasounds throughout the process. I never questioned the decisions she was making along the way.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic was really pleasant and really prompt and timely for the most part which I really respect. It’s really nice when you actually get seem at your appointment time! They made the whole experience as comfortable and easy as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
I would say the cost are about average for treatment. The medications cost me $2,564.00 after insurance and the procedure was $10,090.00.

2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward.... Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she [Dr. Talebian] was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path
The nursing staff [CCRM New York] is amazing - led by Lori, they personally take time to learn your name, and always greet you with a smile... Strengths are everyone on the staff, they are all trying to work with you and not just find a way to "trick you" with services you may not need (which happened at other NYC clinic) The biggest weakness would be that they don't accept many major insurances which in this field could lead many patients away.
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
As I mentioned previously, we did not feel like a number with CCRM. Compared to a few other clinics, the Dr-patient interaction is amazing. Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward. For a brief period (due to insurance coverage) we left CCRM and after a few months with a new dr, I had to return back to Dr. Talebian's care.
Give her all the details and be open and honest with your treatment expectations. She may not always say what you'd like to hear but you feel validated that she has reviewed your information and is giving you the best options to a possible new approach
From our first consult, Dr. Talebian was able to give us her past experience at working at other NYC clinics (like RMA who we had previously went to) and describe in a very sensitive way how CCRM operates a little differently and her approach for my treatment. Throughout our time with her she has been available via phone and email and responds in a very timely manner. She is invested in our case and with every roadblock has given us options that work best for us to successfully move forward.
Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: JAMIE WALSH/MELISSA KORNBLAU)
The nursing staff is amazing - led by Lori, they personally take time to learn your name, and always greet you with a smile and a simple "hi how are you doing today" (which is more than at many other clinics) Since I have been there for a while, the nurses now know that although my veins can be challenging they know exactly how to get it done efficiently (there was even a new nurse drawing my blood, and Lori came over to show her where is the best place on my arm) We also worked with Jamie Walsh who was great with emails and contact
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Have not had an embryo transfer, although she was pretty straightforward in her belief to transfer single

2016 - 2019
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Knopman never made me feel like just a patient - it always felt that I got the BEST care and attention from her compared to all other medical professionals in my life!... Knopman educated me on all the pros and cons of each step along the way... This field is actually still new with developments every few months and they seem on top of all of that. If something doesn't feel right, ask questions... with Dr Knopman, you can actually FEEL how happy her nurses and admin staff are
Great staff and doctors at CCRM NY. Frankly, because they dont take insurance, they not nearly as busy...This might change but what this means is it doesn't feel like a "factory" like others... Let's just point out that the staff, embryologists and lab at CCRM NY are perhaps the best in the world. Its so new that everything is latest and state of the art (not to mention it FEELS this way when you are there), unlike lots of other places
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Before I say anything, if you're reading this, you're probably worried about where to go. Let's just point out that the staff, embryologists and lab at CCRM NY are perhaps the best in the world. Its so new that everything is latest and state of the art (not to mention it FEELS this way when you are there), unlike lots of other places. Also -- I'm a success story of Knopman's. A 2 year old (5day frozen) and pregnant with #2 --also frozen. Ok let's start with Knopman's staff. Many doctors are really difficult to their staff-- but with Dr Knopman, you can actually FEEL how happy her nurses and admin staff are! (dont you want to go to a place where everyone is happy and taken care of??) Let's talk about the care and attention. Knopman is aware of every piece of research and development in this field and uses this with her patients and practice. When she is dealing with you, it is with a really unusual and great balance of empathetic but also informative. The time and energy she puts into every patient is pretty incredible. Dr Knopman is a smart, savvy, kind, compassionate woman -- and mom herself, which I swear makes a difference. She also donates a ton of her time to providing care for women that can't afford fertility --because lets be honest, it's a big issue.
Tell her as much as you can -- every piece of information can help! and they want to know!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Whitney)
I actually cried on my last day at CCRM because the staff had been SO kind with every single visit (and there are a lot). This is NOT the case at RMA...where half the time everyone just seemed miserable to be there.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Great staff and doctors at CCRM NY. Frankly, because they dont take insurance, they not nearly as busy...This might change but what this means is it doesn't feel like a "factory" like others (this is how I felt at RMA).

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Jaime Knopman] always knew me and my personal situation and information. She was incredibly caring, and yet reassuring and positive, especially when delivering bad news...she was able to deeply connect with me as a single mum patient. Jamie totally understood my infertility issues and was connected to my gynecologist to ensure she fully understood my case. I felt like Jamie always had the right level of empathy alongside being authoritarian and "commanded" the situation which you want your doctor to do.
[CCRM New York WAS] Compassionate, responsive, personal, clean, convenient, friendly. Could contact them via email or phone easily. The portal was great. Took the extra time to explain something if I requested. I had insurance, but if I didn't it would probably be extremely expensive...an incredible team, a lot of credit goes to the nurses and other staff.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
As a female doctor, she was able to deeply connect with me as a single mum patient. Jamie totally understood my infertility issues and was connected to my gynecologist to ensure she fully understood my case. I felt like Jamie always had the right level of empathy alongside being authoritarian and "commanded" the situation which you want your doctor to do. Also, Jamie is supported by an incredible team, a lot of credit goes to the nurses and other staff.
Trust the information the nursing team and Jamie give you, don't waste time - or cloud your brain - looking at blogs on the internet. If you ever have a question, just call CCRM and they will go over and above to support. Know that you're seeing one of the best of the best, and just trust the process.
Jamie always knew me and my personal situation and information. She was incredibly caring, and yet reassuring and positive, especially when delivering bad news.
First egg retrieval was very soon after my initial consultation, with the intention of getting my eggs out for freezing ASAP. I wasn't 100% sure yet if I wanted to try to conceive via donor, but having eggs frozen meant I was getting them out as young as possible. Then, 5/6 months later when I was ready to begin creating embryos and I had selected donor sperm, we attempted to create embryos however all 9 frozen eggs did not create viable embryos. Therefore, we had to do another egg retrieval, but because I had the donor sperm we could create embryos from fresh eggs. This was more successful and resulted in 5 embryos. The first attempt was a fairly grueling routine of medication to "trick" my body into thinking it was pregnant, approx a 10 week preparation. Unfortunately, it was not successful and was quite surprising to Dr Knopman. So, to change things up (and knowing there were 4 more embryos) we decided to do a more natural process and do a transfer alongside one of my cycles. It was perhaps a little bit of a "hail Mary" attempt, and we had discussed the likelihood of it being successful and the likely next steps of further surgery. However, this second attempt did work and I was lucky that it resulted in a pregnancy then birth of a healthy - beautiful! - baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
All of the nurses, not just Liz, were absolutely awesome and really can be credited just as much as Dr Knopman for my positive experience of CCRM. This includes non-medical support staff such as Stephanie in the admin team.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I was covered under insurance (Progyny) so it cost me a lot less than the average patient - without the insurance, I would not have been able to afford it.
As a single mum to be I did not want multiples, and was reassured that it was not necessary to do a multiple transfer, and was probably not the best option for me given my medical status.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly...is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here...He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
CCRM NY is conveniently located in midtown, has excellent hours to accommodate work schedules, is a beautiful environment with state of the art equipment. The waiting area and patient rooms are bright and sunny. The operating area is beautiful. It is by far the nicest doctors office I have ever been to. I give it an A+...The nursing staff at CCRM is all star...They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind...3 IUI - all medicated - none worked Egg retrieval with medication and PICSI (14 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5 embryos, 2 genetically screened ok - one of which is our daughter and one frozen embryo).
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here. He is very focused on continuing to have a game plan which is important when you are going through infertility. You need a next step and hope! He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
Trust the process. It may not always work the first try. We had 3 failed IUI, but Dr Levine’s plan worked and I was pregnant within 9 months of my first visit to CCRM NY.
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly. Dr Levine and CCRM also understood that I worked an intense job throughout the process and their hours and staff are accommodating to very early appointments etc. it was a pleasure being in their care.
The nursing staff at CCRM is all star. They have excellent hours to accommodate work schedules (I did most appointments before 9am). They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I was lucky that insurance reimbursed for a lot of the medicine. I believe the IUIs were $1500-2000 each and the egg retrieval was around $15k - $20k and the FET was around $5k. This does not include the medicine which was an additional cost but insurance mostly covered.
Dr Levine encouraged us to transfer one embryo due to the quality of the embryo and fact I had not been pregnant before - this approach was worth it as it worked.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Brian Levine] was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated...I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state...He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
From the moment you walk in the door [at CCRM NY], you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
There isn't one weakness to mention of Dr. Brian Levine. Dr. Levine is an ABSOLUTE miracle worker. I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state of Florida. He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
Trust in his plan for you as he is the absolute best.
I had been to a clinic in Florida prior to arriving to CCRM and Dr. Brian Levine. I came to Dr. Levine quite beat down and broken feeling that I would never become pregnant. Dr. Levine took over 3 hours with me on my initial consultation and kept in constant contact with me throughout my time with him. He was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated.
The nursing staff was extremely accessible. They would reach out to me within minutes of me writing to them through the portal or calling them. They were caring, compassionate, educated, and extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The most caring and amazing clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
We only elected for one as he stated that was the safest route for me to go and I had a strong embryo to transfer so he felt that was the most important part to the puzzle.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Knopman is very direct and straightforward. She does not hand hold. It is incumbent upon the patient to do their research, she does not go into detail about certain plans and treatments, but does offer those plans as suggestions.... Understand that she is not warm and fuzzy. She is direct, thorough and transparent. If you need a warm and fuzzy doctor, she isn't the right fit for you. Know that you need to do your research and understand your case and continue to educate yourself along the way.
Strengths [of CCRM NY]: Lab, Accessibility, Finance Department, Care, Ease to correspondence, Nurse staff, front desk staff, embryology team Weakness: Open-mindedness to changing protocols, they have their routine protocols and start everyone with the same generic protocol. Could have also used more help in finding outside resources and reading materials.... Egg retrieval ~$17,000 including monitoring, bloodwork, ICSI, CCS/PGS testing.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is very direct and straightforward. She does not hand hold. It is incumbent upon the patient to do their research, she does not go into detail about certain plans and treatments, but does offer those plans as suggestions. I think one of the hardest parts of going through IVF is the education that grows deeper at every stage and the understanding that it's not up to your doctor to give you that education. Your doctor is part of your support system but they aren't your only support system. Their role is clearly defined and Dr. Knopman stays within those boundaries. She is compassionate and accessible when necessary. She doesn't respond to every email, but not every email is always necessary for her to respond to. She includes nurses and other staff when questions are better suited for those individuals. She is not warm and fuzzy but she is kind. It took some adjusting for me to get used to this style, but I am definitely better off for this because I need the truth and along this long, long road I don't need someone sugar coated things. I trust her.
Understand that she is not warm and fuzzy. She is direct, thorough and transparent. If you need a warm and fuzzy doctor, she isn't the right fit for you. Know that you need to do your research and understand your case and continue to educate yourself along the way. Direct beats unrealistic expectations in my book.
In the beginning, I think it's hard for doctors to know how long it will take for their patients to become pregnant, so Dr. Knopman wasn't overly friendly or accessible. After my first failed transfer, she kicked things into high gear and has been nothing but incredibly kind, reliable, transparent and accessible. We've experienced the highs and lows together (there have been few highs) and she is clearly invested in my journey.
After my first egg retrieval, we realized that I had a major issue with egg quality and maturity. Going into my next retrieval, Dr. Knopman had me change my diet, take a ton of supplements, and introduced Microdose Lupron into my protocol. It drastically changed my results. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues having embryos make it to blast in large numbers, but we certainly improved my egg maturity.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Strengths: Lab, Accessibility, Finance Department, Care, Ease to correspondence, Nurse staff, front desk staff, embryology team Weakness: Open-mindedness to changing protocols, they have their routine protocols and start everyone with the same generic protocol. Could have also used more help in finding outside resources and reading materials.
Egg retrieval ~$17,000 including monitoring, bloodwork, ICSI, CCS/PGS testing. Transfer ~$4800

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Great communication [from nurses] throughout our time at CCRM!...We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever...The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate... do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance...After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process...he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We came to Dr. Levine after trying to conceive for several years without much success. Dr. Levine is a physician and scientist, and he found the right way to communicate with both my husband and me from the very beginning. He explained things in great detail and at no point, I felt confused about the process or about the next steps. Because it was our first time seeing a RE, he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process. As an academic myself, this was very important to me, as I knew I didn’t have time to read all the relevant scientific literature on the protocols and procedures we were about to experience. Dr. Levine performed my egg retrieval procedure, which was flawless. I experienced minimal side effects and there were much more eggs retrieved than I anticipated. The pre-op and post-op communication was amazing. Dr. Levine is very well connected and has amazing contacts in the NYC area. As I developed thyroid issues early in my pregnancy he recommended a great list of endocrinologists that I could choose from, based on my health insurance coverage and preference. He also recommended a long list of great OBGYNs at graduation and made sure I checked out to an OBGYN he trusted upon graduation. Dr. Levine’s skills, combined with his sense of humor and vast experience make it easy and fun to work with him, which is incredibly important given how stressful fertility journeys can get. I recommended Dr. Levine to everything I knew was struggling with fertility (at other clinics).
If you’re considering seeing a fertility specialist, do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance.
Dr. Levine has a very personalized approach to diagnosis and treatment. My husband and I appreciated his approach starting with IUIs and moving on to IVF when the less invasive options failed, ultimately achieving success. He was always accessible by phone or email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Laurie and another nurse whose name I forgot! I am a very hard stick and they were a blessing!)
Great communication throughout our time at CCRM!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is located within walking distance from my place, which was amazing given the number of visits throughout our time at CCRM. The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate.
We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever.
IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Talebian] provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!...During my first visit, we discussed retrieval and donor she explained each protocol and allowed me and my husband to weigh out our options...I never felt rushed or pushed in either direction. The information she provided us helped make our decision and most importantly we never felt judged.
she [the nurse at CCRM New York] explained the steps, set up my calendar and made everything easy!...The costs seemed fair and at times were adjusted if money was tight...I can't remember any weaknesses I just remember they were on time, efficient and friendly... They were very flexible in terms of fitting me in if I was running late or needed to reschedule which was most of the time!...staff treated me with the utmost tenderness.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My experience was stellar with Dr. Talbien. She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!
GO GO GO see her if you want a baby!
Dr. Talebian was amazing throughout my whole IVF treatment I always felt cared for and secure ...whether it be during business hours or the weekend my concerns and questions were answered right away. Dr. Talebian and her staff treated me with the utmost tenderness. She provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...I even recommended her to my dearest friend who struggled almost 10 years to have a child and as I write now she like me are enjoying the new title of mommy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Walsh)
Jaime was incredible she like Dr. Talebian made me feel like a VIP....she explained the steps, set up my calendar and made everything easy!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The costs seemed fair and at times were adjusted if money was tight.

8 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts...When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable...We discussed [with Dr. Talebian] new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us.
The team at CCRM NY is amazing. Every single person working there is dedicated to their work and you can tell that it is important to them. Also one of our favorite departments is Amanda, who is the insurance coordinator. If you ever wanted someone to go to bat for you against the terrible insurance companies she is the one you want. We called her our secret weapon, she was fierce!...Both the Doc and the staff became like family. They knew us by the sound of our voice on the phone and they never once let my husband feel like any less of a man let alone a number.
8 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My husband and I were referred to Dr. Talebian after several failed attempts at IUI and IVF. When we first met the Doc we were at a point of feeling broken and hopeless. My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts. The plan was for him to produce eggs that I would carry. As soon as we sat down with the Doc we knew we were in the right spot. She never lied or filled our hearts with false hopes, but she did make it clear that she wasn't willing to give up until we were holding our baby. As many who have traveled this road know it is not easy, it's an emotional rollercoaster and very personal. It is the most vulnerable who will ever feel. You sit there and discuss yourself in full detail and can't help but feel like you're a failure because you can't do what "normal" people do. The Doc never made us feel like failures, not even when outcomes beyond anyone's control weren't what we hoped or planned for. When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable the Doc shared in our tears, but never let us feel like that was the end. We discussed new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us. She never left us in the dark and we never felt alone. She made us feel comfortable with every step, test and procedure. She was so dedicated to us that even after being dragged on the ground by a taxi, the morning of my retrieval, she got her head stitched up and walked into the room ready to make a baby for us. She said nothing was going to stop her from making this happen. I don't know any Dr. who would do that for their patients, so we really felt more like friends. Everyone who has done IVF treatments knows the daily testing that needs to happen, we happily drove from NJ into NYC, in stupid amounts of traffic every day to be a part of the Dr Talebian team. With her help and determination we were blessed to get pregnant with our daughter born this January. We still keep up with the Doc and send her pics and updates all the time. We could have never done this without her. And to think 2 years ago when we walked in her office we thought it was never going to happen and now we have a beautiful baby girl and 2 fertilized eggs still left to try for number 2!
I would say to be open and honest about everything, even if you don't think it makes any difference. Lay it all out on the table, the Doc will never judge you.
The process of Infertility all on its own is extremely personal, intimate and difficult. Now add in that you have a Trans husband who is also trying to add as much as he can into the making of our child, only to find out the he is sterile after 3 IVF attempts. For him to step into what is ultimately the female side of infertility requires an extreme amount of trust with the Doctor and staff that will be caring for him. This just would not have been possible if it weren't for Dr Talebian or "Doc" as we like to call her. Both the Doc and the staff became like family. They knew us by the sound of our voice on the phone and they never once let my husband feel like any less of a man let alone a number.
The Doc communicated with our previous Fertility Dr. so that she did not duplicate what did not work already. She then discussed it with other Dr's at CCRM to come up with the best course of action for us. Between the 2 of us we went thru 4 IVF cycles and I went thru many IUI's. I could tell you every drug protocol we used, but the truth is that we tried them all until one worked.
The staff at CCRM NY became like our morning coffee clutch. We shared stories, hopes, worries, smiles and tears. They new us by the sound of our voice when we called in and we called A LOT, but they never cared. We would always apologize for calling with so many questions and they always assured us that we could call as many times as we needed to feel comfortable. We never felt like a number, which was very important to us. They were gentle with the hundreds of times they took blood and thank goodness because I am extremely squeamish. It was actually bitter sweet when we walked out of there on week 10, so happy to be pregnant, but sad to be saying good bye to a staff that we had spent so much time with.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
An IVF cycle ran about $21,000 and IUI cycle ran $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how long your cycle lasted.
Being that it took us so long to get to pregnancy we were always in the mindset that we wanted to just put 2 in and hopefully get a jump start. However, when it came down to it and we thoroughly discussed it with the Doc we all decided that it was safest and most effective to do one at a time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Talebian was very thorough on our first consult (as is usually the case) but the communication from that pint on was very brief and we didn't have much face to face. There wasn't much of a feeling of personalized care or sincerity....The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
The clinic [CCRM NY] has a nice waiting area and might feel a step up from other clinics but the front desk staff are rude. There are too many people in different departments that it makes it very complicated to get answers to basic questions. There were several co-ordinators and different point people that we were never quite sure who we should contact for what. The billing department was sloppy and charged incorrectly several times which became frustrating and complicated to sort out.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
This was our first clinic (of 3) so we weren't entirely sure what to expect from the process. Dr Talebian was very helpful in our first meeting and explained our options as a same sex couple, and was very inclusive to both my wife and myself. We decided to proceed with IUI. She was away for the first IUI and had another doctor cover. We were not successful and then decided I would go on letrozole for the next cycle. We tried 2 more IUI with Letrozole without success. Not once did we ever receive any follow up email from the doctor to check our progress or if we were successful or not. The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
Figure out the best line of communication early on.
We did one natural cycle IUI then introduced Letrozole low dose for the 2nd IUI cycle which didn't produce any extra eggs. Then the doctor increased the dose for the last cycle and I got 2 mature eggs.
The nursing staff were kind and efficient
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic has a nice waiting area and might feel a step up from other clinics but the front desk staff are rude. There are too many people in different departments that it makes it very complicated to get answers to basic questions. There were several co-ordinators and different point people that we were never quite sure who we should contact for what. The billing department was sloppy and charged incorrectly several times which became frustrating and complicated to sort out.
cost ended up being about 1500 per IUI cycle
+ Read more- Read less

Instantly impressed at our first appointment, Dr. Levine had already thoroughly researched , highlighted and took notes on our case. Before even talking with us, he’d already discovered i was misdiagnosed previously and didn’t take lightly how easy my case looked on paper being “young and healthy”. ... Always a quick email away, no matter how silly or insignificant a question. He makes you feel comfortable every step of the way. He is truly an amazing, intelligent doctor.
CCRM is wonderful from top to bottom. From the minute you walk into the clinic, you will feel comfortable and know you are in the right place! Doctors, nurses, medical assitants, front desk, billing department- they really ALL are fantastic! Being in healthcare myself, I took extra attention to how great they really are at their jobs and why CCRM is the best in the business. ... Everyone welcomes you and know you by name and with a smile.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
My husband and i couldn’t be happier to have met Dr. Levine and CCRM. Months of frustration with the “factory” at RMA, everything changed when we walked into CCRM and met Dr. Brian Levine. Instantly impressed at our first appointment, Dr. Levine had already thoroughly researched , highlighted and took notes on our case. Before even talking with us, he’d already discovered i was misdiagnosed previously and didn’t take lightly how easy my case looked on paper being “young and healthy”. After our first meeting, we were sure we were moving forward with our second IVF cycle and we couldn’t have been happier from day on. Everything went exactly as planned from that moment. Within 3 months we are now pregnant on our first try! He is not only a wonderful doctor, but he is confident and caring . Always a quick email away, no matter how silly or insignificant a question. He makes you feel comfortable every step of the way. He is truly an amazing, intelligent doctor. Also, to note, while Dr. Talebian was not the MD i met with on day one, she took great care in my case as well and treated me as one of her own. CCRM is truly the best team there is. Not enough words to thank Dr. Levine (and his wonderful staff)!
Don't take moving into fertility treatment lightly. Do your research and find a doctor and clinic you are comfortable with. It can take months or years to be successful and you want to be sure you have the right team behind you. My only mistake was not going to see CCRM first!
CCRM took the time, the care, and the love someone needs when going through such a tough time in their lives. Everyone welcomes you and know you by name and with a smile. Truly the best there is!
Egg Retrieval: Menopur + Gonal F X10 days. He then triggered me with Lupron and HCG as I has a risk for OHHS. Retrieval prep was quite easy! Went to work 2 days later! STIM FET: Menopur injectables to thicken uterine lining (Fluid issues and thin lining during previous cycle at previous clinic. Dr. Levine thought my body responded better to endogenous estrogen production. Only needed one prep, one transfer, and were pregnant with our baby!
THE AMAZING NURSING STAFF OF CCRM! Truly an integral part of the amazing care we had at CCRM. Specifically, I worked most with Liz, Elana and Melissa; but they all were outstanding nurses. They are smart, caring, and just amazing people. They really began to feel like family. Truly taking wonderful care of us! They took the time to make sure each step was carefully understood, ALWAYS available by email or call, Even checking on us after our procedure. Dr. Levine was always praising his team, because they deserve it! We don't know how we could've done this without them.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Abt 25k (+10k in medications) We have UHC, about half was reimbursed being out of network But have to mention, was worth going out of network. Every single penny.

4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us...I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging.
[CCRM New York has] gotten busier but what I loved was that it was calm, there was always a water machine available, and things seemed to run smoothly. The clinic was very concerned about marketing and making money and this didn't bother me at first but did later. People will go the extra mile to explain things but with financials and some prescriptions, there were miscommunications re why I had to pay out of pocket and I spent a lot of extra time making spreadsheets for medications before learning that they were being prescribed for off label use. So communicating that to me via a nurse and not a finance person may have been better/easier.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging. I think she really cares but maybe should be more realistic about options and about underlying issues that area already known. Really wish we could have seen all the implantation failure doctors before this latest cycle as they had great suggestions after 4 embryos didn't implant elsewhere. But we are out of money and CCRM is very pricey.
Take optimism with a grain of salt. Advocate for yourself a lot in terms of timing that you prefer for an FET and learn more about changes re the treatment of other existing conditions that are maybe being changed during course of a cycle.
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us and it was at the time a small clinic. Also, the monitoring was done by appointment so there were no hourslong waits.
I don't remember a lot about the retrieval except it was more medication than I had ever used in other retrievals and that it involved lots of estrogen patches that were very expensive; I did have lupron for weeks and ovulated through that (I think it was meant to suppress ovulation) -- and I was upset about that but we stayed almost on course. It was upsetting when numbers weren't going right and I wasn't comfortable ultimately with doing the transfer then if I'd ovulated but I really trusted her and was super optimistic at the time.
Some were much better than others about communicating but I had a panic attack the day of my transfer because they had written conflicting instructions and I thought I had taken progesterone shot on wrong day at last minute.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
It's gotten busier but what I loved was that it was calm, there was always a water machine available, and things seemed to run smoothly. The clinic was very concerned about marketing and making money and this didn't bother me at first but did later. People will go the extra mile to explain things but with financials and some prescriptions, there were miscommunications re why I had to pay out of pocket and I spent a lot of extra time making spreadsheets for medications before learning that they were being prescribed for off label use. So communicating that to me via a nurse and not a finance person may have been better/easier.
It came to almost $30,000 for the procedures and medications. Medications were particularly expensive. I ended up getting back less than 1/3 of that from my insurance. This was for egg retrieval cycle that included one FET.
I only had one that tested healthy so not an option for 2.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
we did a Frozen transfer(1 embryo) , and for 2 months prior to that I was on a slow release Lupron [with Dr. . Our transfer was successful and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant!!!...was absolutely incredible.. She not only provided amazing medical advice but she was compassionate, had amazing bedside manner and provided us with emotional support we needed while navigating such a challenging time in our life.
We did 2 stim cycles, 1 FET and paid a total of $39,000 [at CCRM New York]...does not take insurance... and while that may be a huge drawback from some, if you can afford it I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THEM. They are an incredibly talented and compassionate team, and we felt like we were in very trustworthy hands...Jenny [nurse] was awesome! She was easily accessible for any questions I had, always had our timelines organized and was very accommodating with our requests
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr Knopman is extremely knowledgeable, spent time going over our history and formulating a game plan that worked for us. When our first round of egg retrieval did not yield results as expected, she course corrected and was able to explain and justify why another cycle could work. She gained our trust, was always available to answer questions and provide both medical and emotional support through our fertility Journey
tell her how much communication you want to receive - how involved you want to be in knowing the whys/whats of your fertility journey
Dr Knopman was absolutely incredible.. She not only provided amazing medical advice but she was compassionate, had amazing bedside manner and provided us with emotional support we needed while navigating such a challenging time in our life.
I was patched for both rounds at CCRM to control my estrogen levels. My first round I was given Clomid to help boost stim cycle but it did not work for me - i ended up getting more cysts than eggs and we only retrieved 2 eggs, we got 1 day 5 embryo which we screened and came back normal Round 2 we used Lupron, Menopur and Follistim and ended up yielding 10 eggs, and 4 made it to day 5, we sent all 4 to get tested and we got 2 normal embryos back we froze all 3 of our embryos. In July we did a Frozen transfer(1 embryo) , and for 2 months prior to that I was on a slow release Lupron. Our transfer was successful and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny was awesome! She was easily accessible for any questions I had, always had our timelines organized and was very accommodating with our requests
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM does not take insurance... and while that may be a huge drawback from some, if you can afford it I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THEM. They are an incredibly talented and compassionate team, and we felt like we were in very trustworthy hands.
We did 2 stim cycles, 1 FET and paid a total of $39,000

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Levine] always wants to have a plan in case a cycle doesn't turn out like we hope. He also calls personally with all pregnancy test results (positive and negative) and with any concerns about blood test results. He gives patients his cell phone # and email address and he responds to emails (I've never tried his cell). He remembers me and my history at every appointment-- I never feel like a number.
CCRM NY is great...The nurses are very good. They promptly reply to emails through the patient portal, including on weekends. Explanations are usually clear, but if not, reaching them for clarification is very easy. They're very good about calling in meds ASAP...$1000 for IUI plus 3 monitoring visits and blood tests ($325 each). Hysteroscopy $5000. Dr visit $300. Blood draw $25 (plus costs of test, usually covered by insurance).
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is an extremely positive, confident doctor. While that is one of his greatest strengths, I think it has lead to me being overly hopeful about my treatment. (The ups and downs of this process are always hard.) He is extremely diligent and thoughtful in his approach. He listens to what we want and responds accordingly. He is always available to answer questions and schedules phone consults or emails when an in-person appointment is not necessary.
He is great and CCRM NY is great. He is always very positive-- so keep that in mind and try not to get your hopes up too much.
Dr Levine is very personable and relates to me like a person. He always asks what we want to do, how I'm feeling, etc. He always wants to have a plan in case a cycle doesn't turn out like we hope. He also calls personally with all pregnancy test results (positive and negative) and with any concerns about blood test results. He gives patients his cell phone # and email address and he responds to emails (I've never tried his cell). He remembers me and my history at every appointment-- I never feel like a number.
I first went to Dr Levine after another clinic was pushing me to do IVF without much explanation or consideration. Dr Levine had us do 3 cycles of letrozole with timed intercourse. He also prescribed an HSG, which found 2 polyps. While removing them via a hysteroscopy, he also found and a small septum. After that surgery we did 1 IUI, which was successful but ended in an early miscarriage. He is now recommending IVF due to expected poor egg quality. We are starting next month after waiting 1 full cycle after the miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana Greenberg)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The receptionists are lovely. This probably sounds insignificant but when you call and see them as much as I have, it makes a difference. They know patients name after a few visits, rarely put you on hold, are great at scheduling (including sometimes by email). The waiting room environment, exam rooms and operating room are pristine.
I think his preference for older patients and patients that already have a child is transferring 1 embryo. But he seems open to transferring 2 if that's what the patient wants.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Levine is extremely thorough and took the time to understand our situation and fertility history. He reviewed records from our previous fertility clinic in detail and took the time to discuss his findings and recommendations with us. I never felt rushed during my visits...Either he or another doctor did all my ultrasounds and my appointments...Dr Levine also did both my retrieval and transfer, explaining everything along the way. He’s personable, always has an open line of communication, responsive to emails, and is great at what he does! With Dr Levine’s our first round of IVF treatment was a success and we couldn’t have been happier.
I never had to wait more than 10 min for my appts [at CCRM New York] and as a busy professional that made such a difference as I was able to better balance work and treatment. Even the receptionists were helpful and were able to answer questions not just schedule appointments. I never felt like I was just a number and coming from two other clinics that always had numerous patients waiting sometimes over an hour to be seen, CCRM was truly a breath of fresh air.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We were looking to find a new fertility clinic after several rounds of unsuccessful IUI and IVF treatments. Even before we decided on CCRM Dr Levine took the time to understand our fertility history and our case from the very start. He didn’t recommend treatment until he had reviewed our medical records from my previous clinic closely (something another clinic that we were exploring didn’t do and just proceeded to recommend treatment). He took the time to review and discuss our records with us and what his recommendations were. My husband and I were both impressed by Dr Levine. Either he or another doctor did all my ultrasounds and my appointments never felt rushed. Dr Levine also did both my retrieval and transfer, explaining everything along the way. He’s personable, always has an open line of communication, responsive to emails, and is great at what he does! With Dr Levine’s our first round of IVF treatment was a success and we couldn’t have been happier.
Trust him he’s good at his job!
They were great and always ready to help. Blood draws were a breeze and I dislike needles. Some knew me by name and made me feel like they were part of my journey. They knew where I was in my cycle and encouraged me to be positive. It helped make the process more human.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This is a well run clinic and that really helped take the additional stress off the process. I never had to wait more than 10 min for my appts and as a busy professional that made such a difference as I was able to better balance work and treatment. Even the receptionists were helpful and were able to answer questions not just schedule appointments. I never felt like I was just a number and coming from two other clinics that always had numerous patients waiting sometimes over an hour to be seen, CCRM was truly a breath of fresh air.
$20k without insurance
+ Read more- Read less

I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine...He was careful and methodical as he examined our records and encouraged us to do additional testing to figure out the issues. It was all worth the wait, because we are now pregnant after our first embryo transfer with Dr. Levine. He shares his email with his patients and responds over the weekend, at night, early morning and in one case, even while on vacation. He cares about his patients, which is important when dealing with such sensitive issues.
CCRM's facility has the best customer service I've ever experienced in a doctor's office. Everyone is kind and respectful of the patient's time...The nursing staff is all friendly and kind. They're also quick to respond to questions via the online portal, no matter how small or potentially silly...You feel like a person and not a number. While I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine, I occasionally encountered the other doctors in the practice through morning monitoring and I thought everyone was kind and professional. Also, they take appointments for morning monitoring, so even though they don't always move as quickly as you'd like, it's much better than just showing up, putting your name in the queue and having no idea how long you'll be sitting there.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine was amazing from start to finish. He was our second doctor, after two failed rounds of IVF at another clinic, and we weren't sure what the problems had been. He was careful and methodical as he examined our records and encouraged us to do additional testing to figure out the issues. It was all worth the wait, because we are now pregnant after our first embryo transfer with Dr. Levine. He shares his email with his patients and responds over the weekend, at night, early morning and in one case, even while on vacation. He cares about his patients, which is important when dealing with such sensitive issues.
Don't see another doctor.
CCRM's facility has the best customer service I've ever experienced in a doctor's office. Everyone is kind and respectful of the patient's time. On top of that, Dr. Levine was always friendly, always remembered details about my husband and me and made us feel comfortable during a very vulnerable and uncomfortable time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Customer service is a real strength of this clinic. You feel like a person and not a number. While I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine, I occasionally encountered the other doctors in the practice through morning monitoring and I thought everyone was kind and professional. Also, they take appointments for morning monitoring, so even though they don't always move as quickly as you'd like, it's much better than just showing up, putting your name in the queue and having no idea how long you'll be sitting there.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Levine explains everything extremely thoroughly... Dr. Levine also has the most fun personality. He takes the time to chat and catch up, and we spent just as much time talking about different exercise classes we liked, restaurant recommendations, and LIFE as we did my fertility issues. This may seem silly, but it really changed the dynamic of my treatment from negative to positive. I looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Levine because they were so fun, and I left feeling happy, confident, and taken care of as an individual.
I honestly can't say a bad thing about CCRM [NY]. They are so organized and so on top of things. I was always able to get an appointment at the time that I wanted, and I always felt totally taken care of...They [nurses] were also the best cheerleaders and the best coaches when you didn't get the results you wanted. Also, when I found out I was pregnant, I could feel the support of the nursing staff -- they all congratulated me and made me feel so special.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is honestly the BEST. He took what had been a terrible, chaotic, anxiety-inducing experience and turned it into a structured, calm, and unexpectedly FUN experience. Dr. Levine explains everything extremely thoroughly and on repeat. You hear the same message over and over again, and it's so reassuring and empowering, because you know the plan at all times. Dr. Levine also has the most fun personality. He takes the time to chat and catch up, and we spent just as much time talking about different exercise classes we liked, restaurant recommendations, and LIFE as we did my fertility issues. This may seem silly, but it really changed the dynamic of my treatment from negative to positive. I looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Levine because they were so fun, and I left feeling happy, confident, and taken care of as an individual.
Give yourself permission to slow down / relax during appointments and take the time to build a personal relationship with Dr. Levine. It will make an already incredible experience that much more amazing. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions or talk about how you're feeling. Dr. Levine is incredibly responsive, and you should never leave an appointment feeling like you're unclear on any part of his assessment or don't know the plan.
I can't express exactly how nervous I was to begin fertility treatment with a specialist. I had been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for 13 months, and I had a terrible experience with an ob gyn who tried to treat me using guesswork out of his office instead of sending me to a specialist. This experience had been totally inhuman, awful, and ineffective. I remember crying after my first appointment with Dr. Levine, because he treated me so warmly and compassionately from the moment I stepped into his office. I remember he spent a full hour with me discussing not only my case history, but who I was a person, what I liked to do during my free time, how I had been feeling about my fertility issues, etc. He didn't rush me, and he repeatedly allowed there to be pauses so I could ask more questions. Dr. Levine and his team wrote everything down for me, always. I know this seems so simple, but I can't tell you how reassuring it was to have a plan and to have that plan documented in writing. Dr. Levine gave me his personal e-mail, and he ALWAYS responded or called me back, even when I e-mailed late at night. I remember receiving a call from him at 8pm, 2 minutes after I had e-mailed, when he was clearly in the middle of a family dinner. Finally, the one moment I will never forget: receiving a call from Dr. Levine at 1pm on a Saturday, in between cycles, just to say "Hey, how are you feeling about everything?"
At my first appointment, Dr. Levine diagnosed me with unexplained fertility and recommended that we proceed with a course of Letrazole followed by an Ovidrel trigger shot and timed intercourse. He wanted to start off as non-invasive as possible and then ramp up as needed. After three unsuccessful cycles of timed intercourse, Dr. Levine suggested trying an IUI, and I was ready to move to the next step. Fortunately, my first IUI was successful -- and I am now 5 months pregnant with a baby girl!
As I've mentioned, Dr. Levine was the best, but his nursing staff was even more the best. I know they see a lot of patients, but I was floored every time they recognized me and greeted me by name. They were so friendly and wonderful and reassuring, whether drawing blood, explaining how to inject my Ovidrel trigger shot, or calling me to make sure I knew the next steps. They were also the best cheerleaders and the best coaches when you didn't get the results you wanted. Also, when I found out I was pregnant, I could feel the support of the nursing staff -- they all congratulated me and made me feel so special.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I honestly can't say a bad thing about CCRM. They are so organized and so on top of things. I was always able to get an appointment at the time that I wanted, and I always felt totally taken care of.
I don't actually remember, but I think that all in we probably spent ~$8,000 for three timed intercourse cycles and an IUI, the majority of which was reimbursed by my husband's insurance.
Not applicable in my situation
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Brian Levine] will treat you as if you are family. He takes the time to understand your condition and develop the treatment protocol that is best for you...knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care.... He is passionate about what he does, and it truly shows. He truly cares about his patients' well-being. He is always available to talk when needed. He even reaches out to make sure you are doing ok. He is confident, funny, reassuring, empathetic, honest, and positive. I am so very lucky to have met him.
the CCRM NY staff, all knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care...The nursing staff was incredibly responsive to me. Any question or concern I had was answered within a few hours. The instructions given were clear and easy to understand. Every nurse I encountered was exceptional...passionate about what they do. Thanks to the team, I am now 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, and have banked additional CCS-tested embryos. My results with CCRM NY were dramatically improved from my first cycle. I attribute this to Dr. Levine's customized protocol, the amazing embryologists and lab, nursing staff, and the receptionists there. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is a special doctor. He is passionate about what he does, and it truly shows. He truly cares about his patients' well-being. He is always available to talk when needed. He even reaches out to make sure you are doing ok. He is confident, funny, reassuring, empathetic, honest, and positive. I am so very lucky to have met him.
Please run, don't walk, to see Dr. Levine and CCRM NY. He will treat you as if you are family. He takes the time to understand your condition and develop the treatment protocol that is best for you.
Dr. Levine, as well as the CCRM NY staff, all knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Without question, CCRM NY is an amazing place. After having a failed cycle elsewhere, I did my research and found CCRM NY and Dr. Levine. I traveled 1,000+ miles, and it was well worth it. I never had to wait more than five minutes for an appointment. Ever. My initial consultation lasted hours. I was given full details regarding my prognosis, and a treatment plan. Dr. Levine and the staff at CCRM NY are passionate about what they do. Thanks to the team, I am now 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, and have banked additional CCS-tested embryos. My results with CCRM NY were dramatically improved from my first cycle. I attribute this to Dr. Levine's customized protocol, the amazing embryologists and lab, nursing staff, and the receptionists there. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Jaime Knopman] completely supported and guided me through this whole process in an honest, sincere way. She told me the truth and I knew that I was always getting an accurate picture of what was going on which helped keep my expectations in check. She also always offered advice, changed protocols and did whatever she could to look out for me. She made me feel totally invested in my journey and was beyond dedicated. What other doctor would postpone vacation plans to be able to do my egg retrieval?!
CCRM is an incredible place for so many reasons. You are not treated like a number and the level of personal care and attention is unlike any office. It is a beautiful space, clean, high technology, super organized, easy to make appointments, speak to nurses, speak to people about insurance, ordering Meds and talking with doctors. They have all of the lab facilities on site and it is of the highest quality. The OR room is also on site and imaculaye. The nurses and embroyoligist pre, during and after the procedure are with you the whole time and so warm and comforting. They give you warm towels, snacks , play what music you want to listen to and completely do whatever they can to make you feel at ease. All of the doctors collaborate and meet daily. They are not competing with one another and it makes you feel like you are part of a special community.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Jamie is one of the only doctors I would ever do this process with and I had COMPLETE trust in her. I have have the upmost respect for her. She completely supported and guided me through this whole process in an honest, sincere way. She told me the truth and I knew that I was always getting an accurate picture of what was going on which helped keep my expectations in check. She also always offered advice, changed protocols and did whatever she could to look out for me. She made me feel totally invested in my journey and was beyond dedicated. What other doctor would postpone vacation plans to be able to do my egg retrieval?! She is just knows this process with her eyes closed and extremely competent. I always valued how she just knew what to do, what to say, wasn’t an alarmist, but was also very real and always accurate with her insight and predictions. I think the most of Dr. Knopman and recommend her to any of the closest people in my lives. Anyone is lucky to be under her care!
Jamie is there for you throughout the whole process. She did all my scans and my retrieval. She is really accessible and communicative. Anything that came up throughout the process, I would email her and get an almost immediate response. Jamie is also real and honest. She wants to do what is best for her patients, but makes it clear the reality of the situation. She has so much fun experience and knowledge that she was always dead on with what she told me! When I asked her about doing another round of egg freezing, she was honest and told me to wait a year and see where my life is then. She said this process can get addicting, to take time and enjoy life. When I went back a year, Based on blood tests, age, ultrasound and I asked her what to do, she said if it was me this is a no brainer-I would 100% do it. I know she was never trying to put me through another round if I didn’t have to and truly trusted her insight when she said to do it. She is in this field because it is a passion of hers and she wants the best for each patient and not for other superficial reasons that other doctors practice for.
Jamie, is the best of the best. I HIGHLY recommend her and completely trust her opinions, insights and knowledge. She was always accessible and responded to any of my questions through email immediately. She also got to know be on a personal level which made me feel more comfortable and not like a number. She talked to me things in my life, work, dating, family, and was personable, kind, supportive, real and honest.
I used menopur and follism protoc for the first two cycles and the Lupron protocol for the third cycle. I was most successful with the Lupron protocol. Dr. Knopman had been seeing positive results with the Lupron and since my AMH was low she thought after trying two cycles without it this could yield better results and it did.
The personal care, attention , dedication and passion of the nursing staff are CCRM NY is unlike any doctors office I’ve ever been to. They are truly there for you throughout the whole process and care about your health and success. They are on your side the whole time! They also are so warm, positive, friendly and treat everyone in that manner. They are kind and non competitive with one another and you can tell they love working there and what they do.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Talebian is the first doctor that has given me their direct email and made me feel that no question was too small. She's prompt in returning messages — even in the evenings. I just started my first IVF cycle with her. She's extremely knowledgeable, kind, and accessible....Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests.
The nurses as CCRM have been pleasant and prompt. They helped me track down medication, figured out billing, and let us use extra testing syringes to test what it feels like to give a shot. The only flub happened during our first appointment when they had both of our names wrong. The last thing you want at a fertility clinic is to get someone else's name on your paperwork or sample!...The clinic is beautiful, clean, and spa-like. The waiting room has never been packed
Go for it!
When I first called CCRM in New York, the very pleasant receptionist, Stephanie, made an appointment for me to talk by phone with Dr. Talebian. When we spoke, Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests. I explained that I lived on the west coast, was considering spending a few months in New York, and I was open to doing IVF during my stay, but wanted to think a bit more. She gave me her direct email address and told me to reach out with any questions. Our phone call was about 20 minutes long and I was left feeling like I had a straightforward plan for next steps with a kind, clear doctor. I was also impressed that she praised my local clinic and doctor where I had IUIs. When we decided to come to New York, I sent CCRM NY an email to tell them I wanted to establish myself with their clinic and was surprised when a couple of days later, Dr. Talebian called me directly to talk about next steps. Since we've met in person, I've sent her a couple of emails and she's gotten back to me within a couple of hours at most. I'm sure she gets the same questions all the time, but she's been incredibly patient with us and answers questions with clarity.
I'm just starting my first IVF cycle. Dr. Talebian has me on an estrogen patch for about a week before my first suppression ultrasound and blood work. Then, I'll start on 300 units of Gonal-F and 2 vials of Menopur along with an oral steroid. My husband will start a round of antibiotics when I begin my injections. Depending on how the stimulation goes, I'll start the Centrotide and eventually do an HCG trigger shot and Lupron. They told me that after the embryo transfer (hopefully we will get some!), I'll be doing progesterone shots. She also said that a daily baby aspirin would be something advisable after an embryo transfer. As far as the fertilization, she told us we could do a mix of ICSI and PICSI. This helps give potentially damaged sperm the best shot at making a good embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and spa-like. The waiting room has never been packed, but I have seen many couples waiting in the blood draw area. The receptionists are great. The website and patient portal could use some serious design and UX help.
It's looking like a cycle of IVF will be around $21K — not including medication and some other things we may need.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Talebian] was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. ...She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
[CCRM NY] strenghts - scheduled moniotring times - though go early as you still can wait. direct communcation. billing person. all responsive. weaknesses - none to date except having to wait sometimes and been taken in late for a set appt time... so much direct communication with the doctor directly that the nurses so far have been additive... The personal/human interaction has given me hope that i lost while at 2 other clinics
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Please see what i wrote under the question about feeling like a human. I have zero complaints. she is THE BEST. She thinks outside the box. She welcomes questions about chaining protocol instead of feeling threatened. She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
Not much needed. I say this for everyone undergoing IVF - be your own advocate. but that's not specific to sheeva
I saw Sheeva when i was doing my final embryo transfer at another clinic and had lost hope. She was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. My transfer worked before i went to her for retrieval (early 2017)- throughout my entire pregnancy she stayed in touch. Again, never acting annoyed by my questions in prep for a future transfer with her for child #3. I am currently seeing her preparing for a retrieval in April - she is communicative, remember details, responsive. She is SO different than my experience at another top NYC clinic. The personal/human interaction has given me hope that i lost while at 2 other clinics in NYC
For my april retrieval i will be doing: Estrogen priming likely 250 combined menopur and gonal f cetrotide - tbd when lupron somewhere along the way - need to find out more
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali D)
NOt much to describe. so much direct communication with the doctor directly that the nurses so far have been additive but not as highly needed as at cornell
i expect it to be around $25k plus meds
No - she is a strong believe in single transfers at my age and since they PGS test My only outstanding question which i need to answer is how they handle mosaic embryos

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Knopman is straight forward and warm. I completely trust her and feel like she fully explained all of my options. On a few occasions she hasn't described things to me in the most delicate way-- ie: describing my uterus as a "war zone" because of inflammation, but I have never felt like she minimizes my experience or invalidates what I tell her...Dr. Knopman remembers details from our last conversations, even if we don't have a scheduled visit. Anytime I see her, she's always very warm and I don't feel rushed.
CCRM is incredible. They're communicative, easy to reach, and organized. Their waiting area is a little like a sanctuary with the seltzer machine and granola bars. The front desk staff is AMAZING...The nursing staff at CCRM is amazing. They're friendly and competent, and readily available....the billing department has been very helpful in trying to help me get insurance coverage for whatever meds and procedures they can assist with.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Don't be afraid to ask a ton of questions. She has never made me feel rushed, and she's happy to go through things in a bunch of different ways.
I'm still in the midst of my first IVF cycle. So far, we've tried 1 IUI cycle which was unsuccessful, and Dr. Knopman recommended we go straight to IUI. After my egg retrieval resulted in 23 eggs but only 1 viable embryo, I'm so grateful we followed her advice of not continuing IUI cycles when the likelihood was very minimal. Right now I'm about to start a depo-lupron cycle to deal with endometriosis and prepare for a transfer of the embryo.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is incredible. They're communicative, easy to reach, and organized. Their waiting area is a little like a sanctuary with the seltzer machine and granola bars. The front desk staff is AMAZING. Going through IVF meds has been one of the most stressful experiences I've gone through, and while I didn't love going to the doctor's office everyday for blood work and ultrasound, I honestly couldn't ask for a better place to go.
This has been a very expensive process, but the billing department has been very helpful in trying to help me get insurance coverage for whatever meds and procedures they can assist with.
I only have 1 embryo so we're not having a conversation about single vs. multiple.

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Levine was always available, via phone, email, appointment, etc.. He spoke to us like we were people and not patients. He made us feel extremely comfortable and better about our situation. He's kind, approachable, professional and smart...He took his time with us always and spoke to us like people rather than patients. I felt very comfortable with him and know his care for me was individualized... I know that my dosing varied with my numbers, which indicated individualization of treatment.
Every nurse, phlebotomist and staff member at CCRM was excellent...I felt like I was being heard and helped rather than dismissed and appeased (as I felt at the prior clinic I was at). From my first visit, I felt very comfortable at CCRM...CCRM is the Ritz of Fertility Clinics. You are a person and not a patient. The wait in the morning for monitoring is negligible compared to other clinics but more importantly, they are warm, professional, approachable and accommodating. They realize what a sensitive process IVF is and how all-consuming it can be.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Having had a poor experience at another fertility center, we moved to CCRM for Dr. Levine. I had heard great things about him. My husband and I loved him and felt comfortable with him immediately. After our experience with a doctor that was unapproachable and unresponsive, we were looking for the complete opposite of that. Dr. Levine is extremely approachable, warm, professional and compassionate. You really feel that he wants the best for his patients; his bedside manner is excellent - caring, empathetic, honest while being positive. He was always available, via appointment, email or phone. He took his time with us always and spoke to us like people rather than patients. I felt very comfortable with him and know his care for me was individualized.
Know that you may not always hear what you want to hear but that you have to have faith in the process and believe that he is doing all he can for you.
I started off wearing estrogen patches, then added on Lupron, Menopure, and Gonal. I cannot remember specific dosing but I know that my dosing varied with my numbers, which indicated individualization of treatment.
Every nurse, phlebotomist and staff member at CCRM was excellent. Every nurse I saw was helpful, compassionate, knowledgable and available. I appreciated all of their help so much and felt that they really became invested in my care. The rest of the staff is wonderful as well - always helpful, warm and accommodating.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is the Ritz of Fertility Clinics. You are a person and not a patient. The wait in the morning for monitoring is negligible compared to other clinics but more importantly, they are warm, professional, approachable and accommodating. They realize what a sensitive process IVF is and how all-consuming it can be. I felt that they really understood that and tried to make everything as easy as possible for me. I didn't have to jump through a million hoops to try and get in touch with my doctor or nurse; I could email them directly, which, as a patient, meant the world to me. I felt like I was being heard and helped rather than dismissed and appeased (as I felt at the prior clinic I was at). From my first visit, I felt very comfortable at CCRM.
Medication, Genetic Testing, Transfer
Due to other medical issues, Dr. Levine thought it was safest to do a single embryo transfer. My husband and I were in complete agreement. Dr. Levine did not want to add any additional complications that could come with a multiples pregnancy into the equation.

Unexplained, Other
As long as you manage your own expectations, you are in the best hands [with Dr. Levine]... is amazing and will make you feel incredibly comfortable, which is a luxury during a super stressful and emotional time. My only constructive feedback for him would be about managing expectations. I was told upfront that my outlook was very good, and 8 months later am still not pregnant.
Each visit [at CCRM NY] is $250, with ultrasounds billed at $295. It is not covered by insurance, although they will submit it for you and it should count towards your deductible and out-of-pocket/out-of-network maximum. Blood work is a $25 copay with additional lab billing that's usually (for me) around $10. I have had two hysteroscapies with Dr. Levine (one to remove my septum) and I believe all-in, those costs were around $1500 each including anesthesia fees and copayment.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Covered most of this above, Dr. Levine is amazing and will make you feel incredibly comfortable, which is a luxury during a super stressful and emotional time. My only constructive feedback for him would be about managing expectations. I was told upfront that my outlook was very good, and 8 months later am still not pregnant. As long as you manage your own expectations, you are in the best hands. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of my journey!
Manage your own expectations and be prepared with questions. He'll happily answer them until you feel comfortable!
Dr. Levine is the best. We were lucky enough to have gone to him straight away after recommendations from friends, and avoided the horror stories of "feeling like a number" at other clinics. He immediately establishes a rapport, can relate to you personally, and makes you feel like you are the only patient that matters during that time. He thoroughly answers all of my questions - day or night, in person, phone or email - and encourages me to ask them. I'm especially impressed with how promptly he returns my emails. While I have still not gotten pregnant and am actually seeking a second opinion due to my unexplained diagnosis (just curious what a fresh perspective might uncover!), I feel super confident and comfortable with Dr. Levine. Just trying to be patient :)
Letrozole and Ovidrel injection; second cycle = Letrozole and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI; third cycle = Clomid and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI (resulted in chemical pregnancy); fourth cycle = same as third - Clomid and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI.
The nursing staff at CCRM is top notch. They are quick without making you feel rushed, but most of all, they are super kind and compassionate and always greet you with a smile.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Pro: they make everything as easy as possible from the superficial (soothing decor and waiting room snacks) to the substantial (HOURS spent on the phone with my insurance to help me understand coverage of IVF - big shout out to Amanda!). They are super flexible on timing and only once have I ever experienced a longer wait time. Con: It is expensive. Like, really expensive. I am very fortunate to be able to come here but most people cannot afford this level of care. Hopefully in my case it will be worth it but at least CCRM has assured me total peace of mind throughout this entire process.
Each visit is $250, with ultrasounds billed at $295. It is not covered by insurance, although they will submit it for you and it should count towards your deductible and out-of-pocket/out-of-network maximum. Blood work is a $25 copay with additional lab billing that's usually (for me) around $10. I have had two hysteroscapies with Dr. Levine (one to remove my septum) and I believe all-in, those costs were around $1500 each including anesthesia fees and copayment.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Levine’s two best strengths, his compassion and his knowledge of the fertility field, make him an unparalleled doctor. On our first visit, he discussed many different protocols and the types of patients who are successful in each. He is very well versed on the fertility literature and studies and as such, he is able to offer both the most successful protocols and able to tweak them slightly to improve our success. He never ordered frivolous and expensive tests. Every question I posed to him was answered with science backed evidence. He explained the rational for every step of the embryo transfer. His optimism helped me believe we were going to have a baby. When I was having serious doubts about continuing what I thought was sure to be an unsuccessful cycle, he encouraged me to continue the cycle, and it ended up being our most successful one.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Ask lots of questions. He'll have the answers and it will put your mind at ease.
Dr. Levine always made me feel like he genuinely cared about me and the success of my fertility treatment. He came in on his day off to do my egg retrieval because he recognized I was nervous about it. He often came in on Saturdays to monitor his patients. He was incredibly thoughtful to ask about my life outside of fertility treatments and then remember those conversations at later appointments. Throughout my entire treatment Dr. Levine treated both my infertility and the emotional toll it took on me. When I asked him at our initial consult how I could better manage the stress of this process, he offered solutions and talked through different coping mechanisms. He allowed my husband to stay the room (which didn't feel like a sterile hospital exam room) with me during the embryo transfer. It was really comforting to have my husband there and allowed my husband to feel part of the process. Lastly, he always made time for me if I had a question. He is very responsive on email.
Egg retrieval: Started w/ 5 days of letrozole then added menopur and gonal and an oral steroid. Cetrotide added towards the= end. Triggered with HCG and lupron. Embryo transfer: estrogen patch, progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections every 2 days. While I initial objected to the injection, he showed me studies indicating the progesterone injection produced more live births.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz )
I felt like everyone at CCRM knew me and were rooting for me. All of the CCRM nurses are very well versed in fertility treatments. If I had questions, they always knew the answers (or would go find them out -- even speaking to the embryologists to get accurate answers). They were able to explain why I needed some medications over others. They answered all phone calls by the end of business day. When I needed to pick medications up at other pharmacies, the nurses were expeditious in calling in the medications. The OR nurses were very empathetic -- my egg retrieval was on a cold January Monday and the nurses warmed up the bed for me so I wouldn't feel cold. The front desk staff is very warm and friendly. They knew my name and were very friendly both in the office and on phone calls. They were very helpful in making appointments that worked with my schedule. Lastly, the phlebotomists, especially Lori, were wonderful. She always asked me how I was feeling and I felt like she was my biggest cheerleader for me at every appointment.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The CCRM staff is exceptional; everyone (including all of the doctors) knew my name and my case. Every doctor there is warm and incredibly smart – I felt lucky knowing these people were caring for me. CCRM does not feel like a medical clinic. The waiting room has couches and music; the exam rooms (especially the embryo transfer room) doesn’t feel sterile. I initially didn’t think making a monitoring appointment would be important. But having waited for over an hour at other clinics for my monitoring, I now appreciate how nice it is that I never waited at CCRM. They have lots of appointments and could always fit me in. I also appreciate that they don’t over monitor you so you could try to live a normal life during this process. The only weakness is that CCRM is expensive compared to other clinics. But for me, they were also the most successful.
CCRM does not take insurance and is expensive compared to other clinics. But we paid for 1 expensive but successful cycle at CCRM and paid for 4 less expensive but unsuccessful cycles elsewhere.
Dr. Levine’s goal is for each person to have a baby in the healthiest way possible. As such, we implanted one embryo. He had no reason to believe in our case that implanting 2 embryos would increase our odds of having one baby and furthermore could produce twins, which is higher risk for the mother and babies. I was very nervous that our embryo was a grade 3. He provided comfort to me by explaining how embryos of this grade aren’t as traumatized during embryo transfer and often implant better. As I noted before, during the actual embryo transfer Dr. Levine explained his rational for the exact location of where he placed the embryo in the uterus. This gave me a lot of comfort in knowing that everything he does has a specific purpose.

2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Janet Choi's] professional yet sensitive demeanor, her honesty and her ability to be candid made me feel more like her friend, than her patient. Throughout my treatment she assured me I would get pregnant one way or the other. During my treatments she would call me at 9pm from home. If I ever had a question throughout the day about my treatment or any other dr I was seeing in conjunction with her treatment, she would never wait until the next day to reach me. She always made me feel comfortable and cared for. Her determination matched my perseverance during my fertility journey and I will be grateful to her always.
Jamie was a wonderful nurse to work with [at CCRM NY]. She always answered any question I had within 2 hours. Was very informative, compassionate, and friendly. She facilitated and resolved any communication issues I would have with the pharmacy and/or insurance company...henever I would walk into CCRM, the front desk staff, especially Stephanie and Gina, would always welcome me with a smile and by my name. I felt like I was a hotel guest and not a patient. I never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment, whether is was for blood tests or meeting with Dr. Choi. Even Amanda in billing was great to work with. She was always a pleasure to work with.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
As I mentioned above, I knew that Dr. Choi would be the Dr. who would get me pregnant. She is an exceptional Dr. with a wonderful bedside manner. Her honesty and sincerity was always appreciated. I would recommend her services to anyone who is pursuing a fertility journey.
She is with out a doubt one of the best when it comes to fertility Drs. She is a joy to work with. Whoever is her patient is very lucky to be working with her.
From the moment I walked into Dr. Choi's office two years ago, I knew she would be the Dr. who would get me pregnant. Her professional yet sensitive demeanor, her honesty and her ability to be candid made me feel more like her friend, than her patient. Throughout my treatment she assured me I would get pregnant one way or the other. During my treatments she would call me at 9pm from home. If I ever had a question throughout the day about my treatment or any other dr I was seeing in conjunction with her treatment, she would never wait until the next day to reach me. She always made me feel comfortable and cared for. Her determination matched my perseverance during my fertility journey and I will be grateful to her always.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Walsh)
Jamie was a wonderful nurse to work with. She always answered any question I had within 2 hours. Was very informative, compassionate, and friendly. She facilitated and resolved any communication issues I would have with the pharmacy and/or insurance company.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Whenever I would walk into CCRM, the front desk staff, especially Stephanie and Gina, would always welcome me with a smile and by my name. I felt like I was a hotel guest and not a patient. I never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment, whether is was for blood tests or meeting with Dr. Choi. Even Amanda in billing was great to work with. She was always a pleasure to work with.

24 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Janet Choi made this entire experience amazing. Her attention to detail and you as a patient is more than I could have ever asked for. She is knowledgeable, caring, and always there when you need her throughout your treatment. I was really surprised by how amazing the whole process went and I have shared this experience now with many others. I plan on seeing Dr. Choi for any and all fertility treatments I may need in my lifetime.
Everyone at CCRM was great. Always available to answer any questions (and trust me, this process initiates MANY questions!)...The entire treatment was about $15,000 which is on the high end of egg freezing, however you get what you pay for. The care I received here was worth every penny...The clinic was state of the art, clean, friendly, and great location. Waiting room has snacks and coffee, drinks. There was never a wait longer than 15 minutes for any of my appointments. The staff is accomodating in your schedule
24 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
To be ready to be treated like the sole patient of the entire office. That is how you feel at CCRM with Dr. Choi.
Dr. Choi provided the best care, utmost attention through every step of this process. I couldn't have asked for more.
I went in for a consult last year to determine my perfect timing on egg retrieval and see where I stood as far as follicles, etc. Dr. Choi then took her time to explain every detail, performed an ultrasound and we determined I had more follicles than expected and could wait on this procedure until I was ready. She never pressured me to get it done right away. I went back this year to start the process. Ultrasounds, meds instructions, and the day of the retrieval were all very easy due to her care and precision in what she does. She truly is a master of her work.
+ Read more- Read less
The personal attention is embedded in the culture at CCRM, from the friendly staff at the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors.... They are so sweet, incredibly organized, and always "make it work" to accommodate your schedule. Also, the facilities are beautiful and quite calming - no detail is overlooked.... I was OBSESSED with all of the nurses. When I was gearing up from the egg retrieval, they sat down with me and my husband for over an hour to talk about the dosage and administration of each medication. It can be intimidating - but they instill so much confidence in you, that all of my anxiety dissipated.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
After a few rounds of unsuccessful IUI and egg retrieval,my body needed a break from the hormone medication. Something in me was telling me not to go straight to the embryo transfer. When I told Dr. Levine this, he is 100% supportive of my decision to take a few months off from treatment and never tried to push me. In fact, he called me over the weekend from his cell phone to talk about the importance of listening to your body, and that taking a break in treatment was totally normal. When I was ready for the transfer a few months later, he picked up right where we left off. I always felt heard and well taken care of through all circumstances.
Even though treatment at CCRM is expensive, it is worth every last penny.
I had treatment at a previous clinic that my husband referred to as a "factory." We only saw our doctor if my cycle happen to fall on a day that she was in the office. With Dr. Levine, almost always saw him for ALL of my appointments. If there was an occasion where he couldn't see me personally, he handed off my appointment to one of the three other doctors in the practice, who I also loved. The personal attention is embedded in the culture at CCRM, from the friendly staff at the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
One aspect that should be highlighted overlooked are the women who sit at the front desk, scheduling appointments and doing patient intake. They are so sweet, incredibly organized, and always "make it work" to accommodate your schedule. Also, the facilities are beautiful and quite calming - no detail is overlooked.
I was so relieved that Dr Levine has a single embryo transfer approach - I did not want twins!
+ Read more- Read less
We had an initial consultation with Dr. Levine that lasted about an hour and a half... I was pleasantly surprised how much time the Dr. took with us. Dr. Levine had all the tests available to him and explained to us that all the traditional metrics suggested both my wife and I should have no problems conceiving - but yet we were having problems. Dr. Levine took the time to get to know us and my wife both on a medical level and a personal level – what is my wife’s medical history, but also, what drives us, what do we like to do for fun, etc... We thought we were visiting with a friend.
The entire experience was positive [at CCRM NY]. The space was intentionally designed to be low profile and respect the privacy of the patients. the space is clean and calming. Every detail was thought of an addressed here. There was never a crowd in the waiting area and everyone took the time to get to know us and provide care in the best possible manner...The entire experience at CCRM NY seems like it was intentionally designed to address all the shortcomings of other clinics in NYC.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Here is our story and how Dr. Levine touched our lives and continues to touch our lives. My wife and I are in our mid-late 30s and had been trying for our first child naturally for 8 months. Naturally, my wife and I were getting anxious and dreaded each period, which when it came, we were back to the drawing board. They didn't tell us having a baby was supposed to be this hard. We did some research and found Dr. Levine at CCRM. We learned that CCRM was a famous clinic from Colorado and people would fly there from all over the world. Dr. Levine had just opened a branch in NYC after training at all the best places (e.g., Cornell and NYU). We had an initial consultation with Dr. Levine that lasted about an hour and a half. We were very impressed with his facility – it was private, it was calming and everyone we encountered was so sweet. I was pleasantly surprised how much time the Dr. took with us. Dr. Levine had all the tests available to him and explained to us that all the traditional metrics suggested both my wife and I should have no problems conceiving - but yet we were having problems. Dr. Levine took the time to get to know us and my wife both on a medical level and a personal level – what is my wife’s medical history, but also, what drives us, what do we like to do for fun, etc... We thought we were visiting with a friend. My wife went into the meeting pushing for IUI of IVF - she was tired of waiting and wanted to get pregnant ASAP. I was not as alarmed, but I was worried that given my wife's state, that the Dr. would proceed with the more expensive approaches without exhausting less invasive avenues. Our experience with Dr. Levine was quite the opposite - he took time with us and was focused on less invasive approaches before turning to IUI, IVF and other treatments. Through our initial casual meeting Dr. Levine was able to deduce that my wife tended to have a lot of mucus in her sinuses and, moreover that it was thick. Dr. Levine explained that sometimes thick mucus could prevent the sperm from reaching the eggs - I guess sperm can't swim through thick mucus - who knew? Dr. Levine suggested that that my wife take standard over the counter Mucinex once a day for a week during ovulation as a first step. Guess what - we were pregnant within a week! A true miracle. Dr. Levine guided us through the first 8 weeks of my wife's pregnancy which was such a comforting experience. We saw Dr. Levine once a week for 8 weeks and each week we learned more about the development of our baby, what to expect and all the time, knowing that we were in the best hands. Dr. Levine continued to reach out to us through the entire pregnancy, even when my wife's care was turned over to her OBGYN. And thank goodness he stayed in touch with us. At 37 weeks pregnant, we got some of the worst news a family can get - my wife was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Things were sort of a blur for a while, but we had to have the baby as soon as possible so that my wife could undergo scans and treatment. Luckily my son was full term because my wife had to be induced within a few days after diagnosis. We now have a beautiful healthy baby boy who is the light of our lives and, while all sorts of people played a role, much of the credit goes to Dr. Levine. My wife had to commence treatment right after our son was born. The treatment raises all sorts of questions related to future fertility - did we want to have more children? Is there time to harvest eggs? Could my wife even carry another child? What are the risks? The questions and the decisions were overwhelming. At times they still are. But Dr. Levine has been with us the whole way. Advising us at every step - what are our options, how can we maximize our options while not compromising my wife's health? And he does this over the phone, via text message, during the weekend - basically whenever we need it. He is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and proactive - he knows the difficulty were/are going through and he rises to the occasion. He was in constant communication with my wife's OBGYN. Quite frankly, Dr. Levine went above and beyond - and he does this as his standard practice. During these last several months, my wife and I have engaged the medical system more than we ever thought we would and we are constantly moved by the quality of people that provide care. Dr. Levine is in the absolute top of this class, and I would recommend him and his practice to anyone any time.
Go in with an open mind, and just go! don't wait too long before going for a consultation. With very simple suggestions, Dr. Levine can materially impact your ability to conceive.
The entire experience at CCRM NY seems like it was intentionally designed to address all the shortcomings of other clinics in NYC. NYC is a busy place and with the general population having children later and later in their lives, fertility clinics are, quite naturally, busy. From the moment you walk in the door and greet the receptionist, to the nurses drawing blood, to Dr. Levine you are treated like a person deserving of respect and time. They take the time to get to know you and your partner, and that time can make all the difference in your treatment, as I will describe in subsequent sections.
Always compassionate. Always respectful. Very very competent.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The entire experience was positive. The space was intentionally designed to be low profile and respect the privacy of the patients. the space is clean and calming. Every detail was thought of an addressed here. There was never a crowd in the waiting area and everyone took the time to get to know us and provide care in the best possible manner.
I thought the costs were reasonable for the level of care and services provided.
+ Read more- Read less

Repeat loss panel was performed [by Dr. Talebian]. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter...I felt like Dr. Talebian was in my corner throughout my fertility process. She was present and there for me during my miscarriage and during subsequent pregnancy was beyond supportive. She understood my high levels of anxiety and went out of her way to provide reassurance and extra ultrasounds during the early stages of pregnancy. I don’t know how I would have managed without her! Doctor Nps
Overall, the nursing staff [at CCRM New York was] incredible and supportive. There was one point where information was not provided and I had to reach out to Dr. Talebian for clarification...Including everything, such as medication, retrieval, transfers - about $40,000... do feel like communication is excellent, particularly with access to your actual doctor. This helped allievate so much anxiety throughout the process. I also felt like I was treated as a human and individual. Definitely follow-up with any questions and advocate for yourself.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian was patient and caring with me from the start of treatment. Furthermore, she was never defensive and always willing to consider my thoughts and ideas. This is a rarity in doctors. I felt like she genuinely cared about me and my future baby. She provided incredible communication over email, the phone, and in person. Dr. Talebian went above and beyond during my miscarriage and subsequent successful pregnancy to help manage my emotional state and well as fertility plan.
Ask questions. Don’t hesitate to reach out and advocate for yourself.
I did not have low ovarian reserve so Dr. Talebian purposely did not overstimulate me during retrieval. I had 14 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized, and 9 went out for PGS testing. 6 came back normal. During first FET, which was a natural transfer based on my ovulation due to negative effects from birth control, we transferred a 5 day 5AA embryo. This resulted in a pregnancy. We saw a heartbeat at 6 and 7 weeks, but during the 8 week ultrasound there was no heartbeat. I also had a SCH during the pregnancy, but ultimately the cause of m/c was undetermined. Repeat loss panel was performed. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter.
Overall, the nursing staff was incredible and supportive. There was one point where information was not provided and I had to reach out to Dr. Talebian for clarification.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I do feel like communication is excellent, particularly with access to your actual doctor. This helped allievate so much anxiety throughout the process. I also felt like I was treated as a human and individual. Definitely follow-up with any questions and advocate for yourself.
Including everything, such as medication, retrieval, transfers - about $40,000
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Levine] he is simply the best! He takes such pride in his work and truly empathizes with his patients and will do whatever it takes to make something work for you! And he is an incredible communicator and will talk you through any concern you have at any point (night or day) in the process...Dr. Levine was nothing short of a Godsend for me. He made this process so positive for me. I was nervous going in and he guided me and my husband every step of the way.
The clinic [CCRM - NY] is state of the art and impeccably clean. The staff is so efficient at scheduling appointments and keeping them timely. The patient portal is very user-friendly. Everything is done onsite-- blood work results come back very quickly. They have an onsite embryology lab. The egg retrieval and embryo transfer are both done onsite in state of the art facilities...The nursing staff was amazing-- they also catered to my every need and were always so friendly and positive and immediately knew me by name.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine was nothing short of a Godsend for me. He made this process so positive for me. I was nervous going in and he guided me and my husband every step of the way. And just made it so seamless. I have already recommended him to every single person I know that is going through infertility. "Pregnancy brain" is preventing me from articulating my thoughts, but I truly think he is the best and cannot say enough good things about him!
That he is simply the best! He takes such pride in his work and truly empathizes with his patients and will do whatever it takes to make something work for you! And he is an incredible communicator and will talk you through any concern you have at any point (night or day) in the process.
They not only treated me like a human, they treated me like royalty. I was in touch with them throughout the entire process, and they catered to my every need and concern (and I am a worrier so there were a lot). Whether through patient visits, email or phone, they responded immediately and allayed whatever question/concern I had.
I don't really remember. The egg retrieval was pretty standard protocol if I recall. And for the embryo transfer, the first cycle was on lupron and it just wasn't working for me-- my lining would not thicken, so he readjusted and put me on a menopur protocol, which worked like a charm. I am so thankful he took the time to reassess and thought outside the box!
The nursing staff was amazing-- they also catered to my every need and were always so friendly and positive and immediately knew me by name. They were also extremely responsive via email and the portal to every question/concern I had.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is state of the art and impeccably clean. The staff is so efficient at scheduling appointments and keeping them timely. The patient portal is very user-friendly. Everything is done onsite-- blood work results come back very quickly. They have an onsite embryology lab. The egg retrieval and embryo transfer are both done onsite in state of the art facilities.
I don't remember the breakout, but it was around $25k total maybe?
Since we had such a good quality embryo that was genetically normal, we all agreed that transferring just one was the right move-- given my rather petite stature and prior history!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Levine was amazing from the beginning. ...Brian correctly identified that I also had a luteal phase defect in that after I ovulated, the second half of my cycle was very short - on average only 8-10 days. This wasn't long enough for an embryo to implant even if my egg was getting fertilized...As a concierge office there are definitely increased costs associated with seeing Dr. Levine...He made both of us feel so comfortable and confident every step of the way. He was always on time - sometimes even early!
The office [CCRM] is gorgeous...Everything is state of the art. Their ultrasounds especially are so advanced and give amazing picture quality. They have a great set-up with a large screen that is visible to the patient in addition to the regular screen that he was looking at...Liz was always very responsive to emails and helped coordinate sending prescriptions to different pharmacies...office also helped a lot with submitting expenses to my insurance company for things that would be covered like blood testing so we actually got some money back as well.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is truly the best of the best. If you are considering a fertility specialist and have come across this review - stop here! He is amazing and you should definitely pick him. My husband definitely developed a little bit of a bro-crush on him as well. He made both of us feel so comfortable and confident every step of the way. He was always on time - sometimes even early! Can't beat that.
Choose him. Period.
Dr. Levine was amazing from the beginning. We had been told by another fertility specialist that we should give fertility medications only one month and then go straight to IVF. Dr. Levine was optimistic and confident from the beginning that he could get us pregnant. And he was right!
I knew from a prior physician that I had diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). Brian correctly identified that I also had a luteal phase defect in that after I ovulated, the second half of my cycle was very short - on average only 8-10 days. This wasn't long enough for an embryo to implant even if my egg was getting fertilized. I had been treated with Clomid (despite a thin lining) and estrogen pills by my previous fertility specialist. He switched me to Letrozole (doesn't thin your lining), estrogen patches (works better than the pills), and progesterone suppositories which helped to lengthen my luteal phase. I truly think that was the key and if we had done that sooner we wouldn't have had so many failed cycles before finding the right combination of meds that finally helped us to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz Lewis)
Liz was always very responsive to emails and helped coordinate sending prescriptions to different pharmacies depending on where my husband or I were that was convenient for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is gorgeous. Dr. Levine did an amazing job designing the clinic. Everything is state of the art. Their ultrasounds especially are so advanced and give amazing picture quality. They have a great set-up with a large screen that is visible to the patient in addition to the regular screen that he was looking at. My husband also really enjoyed the coffee and snacks in the waiting room :) The staff was very well coordinated and very efficient. Each visit I had an ultrasound and blood draws and they always happened consecutively. There was no going back to the waiting room to wait in between.
As a concierge office there are definitely increased costs associated with seeing Dr. Levine compared to other fertility specialists in the city. My husband and I opted to see another fertility specialist first because they were covered by insurance. I think this plan worked well for us because we got a diagnosis and started the treatment process with the treatment being covered by insurance. We quickly switched to Dr. Levine after the initial testing and I am so glad that we did. He is worth every penny. His office also helped a lot with submitting expenses to my insurance company for things that would be covered like blood testing so we actually got some money back as well. Dr. Levine is absolutely worth every cent of the investment it is to see him.
We did not get into any details of embryo transfers because it wasn't part of our treatment plan.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Brian Levine] recommended we take time off to help us heal psychologically, and was clearly concerned with our well-being overall. During our second cycle, he carefully monitored every step, and tweaked things as needed. He is incredibly responsive over email, and makes himself available for calls or questions regardless of whether it's a weekday or business hours. Dr. Levine is warm and friendly, and good at explaining the science behind things, which mattered to us as well.
For a retrieval and frozen embry transfer cycle, including ICSI, embryo biopsy and cryopresevation it was about $22,000. In addition, the CCS testing ran anywhere from $500-1,500 (depending on how many embryos). Note that if there isn't a viable embryo (so, no transfer), about $4,000 of the $22,000 could either be refunded to you or applied to another cycle. None of this includes the medications.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
I think I covered this in the section asking about why I was treated like a human and not a number. But, one other thing to note - I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with a chromosomally perfect soon-to-be son. That's entirely because of Dr. Levine's abilities as a doctor - he took us from no viable embryos to a pregnancy in less than 6 months.
If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask, even off-hours over email. He'll respond in less than a day (sometimes even less than an hour!)
Dr. Levine was extremely caring and responsive while I was in his care. We did 2 retrieval cycles with him with full chromosomal testing. The first cycle failed to produce any healthy embryos and we were devastated. Dr. Levine spent a long time carefully explaining what the results meant, and also what he learned from them about our specific situation. He gave us some recommendations for how to proceed if we wanted to cycle again, and also what he thought our chance of success would be going forward. He recommended we take time off to help us heal psychologically, and was clearly concerned with our well-being overall. During our second cycle, he carefully monitored every step, and tweaked things as needed. He is incredibly responsive over email, and makes himself available for calls or questions regardless of whether it's a weekday or business hours. Dr. Levine is warm and friendly, and good at explaining the science behind things, which mattered to us as well.
The first cycle I believe was fairly standard - menopur and follistim. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 7 were mature, 6 successfully fertilized, 2 made it to blastocyst for testing, but 0 were healthy. Dr. Levine had me take 2 months off between cycles so that I could take some steps to improve my chances. I did acupuncture 2x a week, took a large CoQ-10 supplement daily, cooked nearly all of my meals myself with an eye towards minimizing insulin responses and eating unprocessed foods, reduced my work schedule and generally reduced my stress level. For the second cycle, he did the Lupron antagonist protocol. I only had 6 eggs retrieved, but all 6 fertilized. All 6 made it to blastocyst. 3 were healthy. We have transferred 1 of those 3 (which is now a 7-week pregnancy), and have the other 2 cryogenically frozen for future children.
The nursing staff was kind and responsive. They provided good education regarding medication and how to administer it. They get to know you as a person and genuinely care about your treatment and how you're doing. The nursing staff sometimes struggles drawing blood (though, to be fair, I have notoriously difficult veins). In addition, sometimes the communication regarding drug changes and refills had to be initiated by me instead of by them.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This clinic offers highly personalized and sophisticated fertility treatments. The space is relaxing (more like a spa than a clinic), clean, and conveniently located in Manhattan. When we were first choosing a clinic (after a disastrous 3 months at Columbia's practice), I called CCRM NY with some questions. Instead of directing me to their website or SART data, they actually were able to put me on the phone with the head of the embryo lab! She spent about a half hour on the phone with me answering all kinds of questions about IVF in general, and their specific practices. It was an impressive level of access, but that is just par for the course with CCRM NY. If you are a patient (or even a possible patient), they treat you with incredible attention, respect and consideration. It's basically the difference between a 3 Michelin star meal and McDonalds. I would recommend them to anyone considering fertility treatment.
Dr. Levine highly recommended an eSET because we had a very high quality embryo to use. He said that the other two embryos were a bit lower quality, and so if we ever have another transfer, we may want to consider doing both at once to help improve the odds. That said, he is generally opposed to multiple embryo transfer, as it is less healthy, even if it can help the odds.