9.8

6.4

Chelsea (closed)
122 West 26th St
810 7th Ave

Dr. Choi is a warm compassionate person who understands that you are a person.... She explains everything from start to finish and if there are any set-backs (in my case, there were), SHE will discuss it with you. Not anyone else that doesn't know your situation. She has a good personality and can definitely say something funny at times to make light of a situation. The only bad thing is she can not be everywhere at all times, you will see other doctors if she's away or conducting procedures.
CCRM NY's strengths are it's very professional, clean and inviting. The staff is very organized and just the flow of everything doesn't have you feeling overwhelmed. They make sure you're informed and the establishment doesn't feel like a you're another number....I was fortunate to have everything, from blood work to ultrasounds sounds early in the morning. I'm a 9 - 5 woman so sometimes I was able to get a 7:30am appointment. Never any lines, I occasionally waited in the hallway, not more than 3 mins.
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Dr. Choi is a warm compassionate person who understands that you are a person. As a "doctor" having empathy is a no-no but she understands the vulnerability of why you're at the office. She explains everything from start to finish and if there are any set-backs (in my case, there were), SHE will discuss it with you. Not anyone else that doesn't know your situation. She has a good personality and can definitely say something funny at times to make light of a situation. The only bad thing is she can not be everywhere at all times, you will see other doctors if she's away or conducting procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
When she says it's a process, IT IS A PROCESS! I am the least patient person and i had to learn that this takes time and it is a HUGE commitment. Trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
From the moment you walk in, the staff at the front desk knkw your name, you literally wait 2 - 3 mins the latest to be called in. When you're walking to your room, everyone exchanges a hello with a smile. Your doctor doesn't rush their consult with you and answers your questions warmly. Everyone from start to finish makes sure you leave feeling content and well informed.
Describe the protocols Janet Choi used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
Well first, you have to go through a process of elimination. She asked what procedures did i do before going to CCRM NY, which was only using Clomid and did some cycles of IUI's. One which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Prior to starting my IVF cycle, i did plentiful of blood work, i was on medication for an elevated pituarty. I did blood genetic testing, hormonal testing, I checked to see if i had blockage of my fallopian tubes. Then for my 1st cycle (I wound up having 2). I was taking 2 vials of Menopur in the am & 300 units of Follistem at night, Lupron. Followed by Cetrotide in the morning. Right before the retrieval i had to take a HSG shot. I initially had 15 eggs withdrawn and ultimately they were all unusable. For my second cycle, the meds were pretty much the same, instead of using Cetrotide, i used Ganirelix. We did the genetic testing again and this time we sent my husband's sperm to be analyzed (The company was SCSA) and they were able to use sift out the stronger sperm from the weaker ones. My second retrieval resulted in 15 eggs, and 2 survived. I had one sucessful implantation and the other is frozen. For the transfer I was on Estrogen patches and I had to inject myself with Progesterone Oil as well as take suppositories. Immediately after the transfer I did acupuncture. My son now is 7 1/2 months old and I'm grateful everyday that he is here.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff was very professional, they never spoke about anyone's information in shared spaces. They're there early to accommodate your work schedule. The only downside is there are many of them that work there so it's hard to have that one on one relationship with them.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM NY's strengths are it's very professional, clean and inviting. The staff is very organized and just the flow of everything doesn't have you feeling overwhelmed. They make sure you're informed and the establishment doesn't feel like a you're another number. I'm biased because my work and home is downtown, so the downside is, it's far from my work and home.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
The state of NY doesn't cover IVF expenses. CCRM NY's costs are very itemized. It costs more to add genetic testing, which i highly recommend.
Describe Janet Choi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
For the state of NY, they always tell you to transfer 1 embryo. In my case out of 2 cycles, i only had embryos. Dr. Choi strongly suggested that i transfer one embryo at a time and I agreed that was ultimately best.
CCRM New York

Dr. Knopman was incredibly interpersonal even when having to give tough news. She stuck with us and always kept the ball moving forward even during setbacks, she was sympathetic and encouraging but also very pragmatic. She always took the time to listen to our questions and concerns. I felt like she really knew who my husband and I were and what we were trying to achieve and how we were willing to achieve it...innovative and willing to try new paths if a cycle did not work out the way we had hoped, she never repeated the same cycle twice without first considering alternatives or other avenues. She gave us tough news in the kindest way possible and was also our biggest cheerleader when we took steps forward. Dr. Knopman changed our lives and we are so grateful to have had her each step of the way.
CCRM is very patient-friendly. They move through appointments efficiently and allow you to make appointments even for your daily/weekly blood draws during your cycle. The front desk is very warm and helpful, they are able to get you what you need quickly...The nursing staff at CCRM were absolute rockstars. They were efficient, professional and always uplifting. We are so grateful to them for their fantastic care and their kind words. They were an amazing support system during a process that can be very difficult.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman was absolutely fantastic. Going into fertility treatment my husband and I were not sure what to expect but she was aways honest and open, direct and encouraging. Dr. Knopman was innovative and willing to try new paths if a cycle did not work out the way we had hoped, she never repeated the same cycle twice without first considering alternatives or other avenues. She gave us tough news in the kindest way possible and was also our biggest cheerleader when we took steps forward. Dr. Knopman changed our lives and we are so grateful to have had her each step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Be open to the process and be realistic about the treatment. A lot of working through infertility is figuring out what works for your specific situation and Dr. Knopman will be a fantastic ally in that journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
Early on we tried two IUIs with letrozole and a trigger shot, which was a very comfortable first step for us in the early process. Then we moved to our first egg retrieval and did one medicated transfer (using progesterone, patches, supplements, etc.) and one "natural" transfer (using just the patches and suppositories). Our first transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test and our second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We did a second retrieval and for our third transfer we did a "natural" transfer with two embryos and supported by supplemental IVIG treatments provided by Dr. Jonathan Scher, which was ultimately successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Anderson)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York.
We were very fortunate to have fertility insurance through Progyny. Out of pocket costs were for procedures co-pays and for medications.
Describe Jaime Knopman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
None.

Investment Banker
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I have done two cycles so far with Dr. Talebian. Based on my history, we did the lupron protocol combined with Menopur and Gonal F. I responded well the first time, less the second time. We suspect that it’s because the first time I was prep’d with estrogen patches, and with the contraceptive pill the second time...truly cares about her patients. She takes the time to talk to you and understand your journey. Her treatment is customized and not generic. She listens.
The nursing staff [at CCRM New York] is very friendly and get to know you personally. They don’t treat you like a number, are patient and responsive...Wait time was minimal and process very smooth [for monitoring]...Each retrieval cycle cost about $16k + injections paid separately. That does not include the embryo transfer...This is a great clinic. Doctors are top notch and nursing staff very professional. The office is never crowded and the wait time is minimal, which is really nice. The only word of caution is with the claim processing - they are working on improving their processes in assisting patients with insurance claims.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I would recommend dr. Talebian to all my friends. I am still going through the IVF process but regardless of the outcome she has my full trust. I know I am in good hands with her. She is smart, dedicated, caring and kind. She makes me feel like I am not alone in this journey and is as vested as I am.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Describe your situation and history with details and Dr. Talebian will make sure to adjust the protocol accordingly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian truly cares about her patients. She takes the time to talk to you and understand your journey. Her treatment is customized and not generic. She listens.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
I have done two cycles so far with Dr. Talebian. Based on my history, we did the lupron protocol combined with Menopur and Gonal F. I responded well the first time, less the second time. We suspect that it’s because the first time I was prep’d with estrogen patches, and with the contraceptive pill the second time. For my third cycle we will start w the patches, the Gonal F and Menopur combined with Clomid. I will be triggered w lupron and HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff is very friendly and get to know you personally. They don’t treat you like a number, are patient and responsive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
Wait time was minimal and process very smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
Dr. Talebian suggested we may have to consider transferring two embryos when the time comes given my success so far.
CCRM New York

Have all of your questions ready because she [Dr. Knopman] is fast; she is in and out of the room when you go in for scans and you should be prepared with everything you want to discuss. I would also say never hesitate to email her, she will always get back to you...After two failed rounds on IVF at another clinic (where many embryos were made but few made it to PGS testing and none were "good") she added micro dose lupron to my protocol and it worked. While I still only had one embryo sent to PGS testing it was one more than we had the last two rounds and it came back "good" and we are now 8 weeks pregnant.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses [at CCRM New York]...They [nurses] were ALL extremely organized, on top of things and communicative. At my last clinic I felt like I had to be my own advocate and keep track of everything whereas at CCRM most of it was done for me. They were always two steps ahead. They are also all incredibly kind and caring...The office is clean and inviting and you are treated like an individual. During egg retrieval you are given your own private space and every detail is thought of: heated blankets, coconut water for after surgery, "think" underwear etc.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is a communicative, intelligent, caring doctor who will give you the best treatment every step of the way. She is willing to take each case as an individual situation and think outside the box to get you to your end goal. She is candid and casual and I felt like I had known her for years after meeting her for the first time. However, she is also blunt and to-the-point. If you are somebody who wants things delivered delicately and know the you prioritize hand-holding, she may not be the doctor for you. I would recommend Dr. Knopman to anyone who is seeking fertility treatment and would be confident that they were in the best medical hands.
Have all of your questions ready because she is fast; she is in and out of the room when you go in for scans and you should be prepared with everything you want to discuss. I would also say never hesitate to email her, she will always get back to you.
Dr. Knopman made my IVF experience at CCRM feel so personal. She allowed me to email her about anything (and everything... and sometimes I did) and she always got back to me within 24 hours (and usually much less) and was honest and straightforward. She also called me on the cell phone every step of the way-- with fertilization results, numbers of embryos sent to testing, PGS results (this phone call came on a summer Friday at 6pm!), pregnancy blood results etc. Honestly it took me some getting use to after the experience we had before CCRM, I was shocked at how often I was hearing from my doctor. It truly made all the different in our experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lewis)
They were ALL extremely organized, on top of things and communicative. At my last clinic I felt like I had to be my own advocate and keep track of everything whereas at CCRM most of it was done for me. They were always two steps ahead. They are also all incredibly kind and caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is overall a fantastic experience. The office is clean and inviting and you are treated like an individual. During egg retrieval you are given your own private space and every detail is thought of: heated blankets, coconut water for after surgery, "think" underwear etc. During a transfer you have the option for a valium and acupuncture in the room where your transfer is. It is a clinic that prioritizes keeping the patient comfortable during an extremely uncomfortable time. They are also organized and professional, I never had a screw-up with medication doses or orders or instructions. They called me when they said they would and always followed-up more than I was even expecting. I honestly can't think of any weaknesses.
I honestly forget the details but a cycle was around 20k?

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sheeva Talebian was] Warm, thoughtful, an expert communicator who can synthesize complex medical terms into examples and language that were uniquely applicable to my personal situation. I've been singing Dr. T's praises all summer/fall and would refer her to ANYONE (friend or stranger)...will hold the space to answer EVERYTHING that comes across your mind...I experienced a very straightforward egg retrieval...met me in the middle ground and offered care and compassion from a place of humor, kindness, and most importantly, facts. She struck a comforting balance of providing me with the information I needed but also thoughtfully answered my far flung/nerve based "what if" questions.
I really appreciated the wide network that CCRM has which offers easy options should I ever move in the future. Additionally, they have pooled research and resources which made me feel the safest about freezing with them and knowing they have comprehensive emergency plans...[the nurses are] SO friendly and capable. Even though I was experiencing a lot of stress and anxiety during the cycle, they always put me at ease and met my nerves with a warm calming presence. They also thoughtfully answered my questions every time I was in the office and offered hands on tutorials any time a new drug was introduced.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Warm, thoughtful, an expert communicator who can synthesize complex medical terms into examples and language that were uniquely applicable to my personal situation. I've been singing Dr. T's praises all summer/fall and would refer her to ANYONE (friend or stranger) considering working with CCRM.
To come prepared with questions and thoughts because Dr. T will hold the space to answer EVERYTHING that comes across your mind.
From the very first meeting Dr. Talebian met me in the middle ground and offered care and compassion from a place of humor, kindness, and most importantly, facts. She struck a comforting balance of providing me with the information I needed but also thoughtfully answered my far flung/nerve based "what if" questions.
N/A, unable to recall full specifics. I experienced a very straightforward egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
SEAMLESS, I was able to arrive for my scheduled time, sit in a beautiful lobby with snacks, drinks, magazines and was always seen for my appointment within 5 minutes of arriving (even if I was early).
I cannot remember as much was covered by my employer.
CCRM New York

Dr. Knopman was definitely sincere and caring. She is a quick talker and super knowledgeable, so be prepared to take notes or records your session. She is also very observant around her patient's emotional state and is very easy to talk to.... While my one-on-one time with Dr. Knopman was limited to ultrasound appointments and typically only lasted about 5-10 min, but during that time I certainly felt like a human.
The nursing staff [at CCRM] was amazing. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about not dealing directly with Dr. Knopman, but the nursing staff immediately calmed any uncertainty I had. They used a portal system for communications and were very attentive and responded quickly to any questions I had....I'd say the weaknesses lie within the business office. They've made multiple errors on my insurance claim forms which is delaying the little reimbursement we receive.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman was definitely sincere and caring. She is a quick talker and super knowledgeable, so be prepared to take notes or records your session. She is also very observant around her patient's emotional state and is very easy to talk to. And post retrieval surgery she personally calls you with any and all results and next steps.
Take questions and ask as many questions as you can. She's very insightful - so you can learn a lot.
I began with birth control. Went in for blood work and then began my Lupron shot that evening. The next day continued the Lupron shots in the am/pm and a Dexamethasone pill in the am. Then on day 3, I continued the Lupron and Dexamethasone pill and added menopur and Gonal F. My partner also started his antibiotic. I continued on this course of treatment, without alterations, until my retrieval surgery on 2 weeks and 1 day later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff was amazing. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about not dealing directly with Dr. Knopman, but the nursing staff immediately calmed any uncertainty I had. They used a portal system for communications and were very attentive and responded quickly to any questions I had. The phlebotomists were great and the nursing team contacted me with my results about 4 hours post appointment with any adjustments or guidelines for my injections.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic's strengths are the insight, knowledge and compassion of everyone you deal with. The doctors and nurses really make you feel as if you are in the best hands. I'd say the weaknesses lie within the business office. They've made multiple errors on my insurance claim forms which is delaying the little reimbursement we receive.
We had to pay $18,640.00 upfront. They offer access to CapexMed loans and other financing options.
We haven't done any transfers yet, but the CCRM clinic believes in a single embryo transfer approach. Less likely to conceive twins and less risky since I'm older.
CCRM New York

From our very first meeting with Dr Talabian, my partner and I felt that she was very kind and honest about what the IVF process would be like and what our chances were. She has been available to talk on weekends, has helped us with navigating the drug and insurance issues we faced... Dr Talabian explained the benefits of eSET and my partner and I agreed that it was the best option for us.
CCRM was very good in that they really take care of you every step of the way. You didn't feel like you were going to fall through the cracks....The only draw back is that it is very expensive....I would say most of the time the nursing staff was good a communication. I would have preferred if it was one nurse we were communicating, rather than several, because sometimes it seemed they weren't familiar with the case.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I feel that she was very honest and compassionate about our case. We are on the older side, and she has been honest about when we should continue down a particular road, or when she thinks it's time to change course. She has been willing to talk me through tough choices on the phone and been available on weekends, which has been tremendously helpful through this process.
The team at CCRM and Dr Talabian are great. That said, the patient still really needs to be on top of her own meds, as well as be very clear with the insurance company. There are so many hoops that you have to go through. Be in charge of your meds, be in touch with the clinic, ask a lot of questions, and you will get the help you need. But you the patient need to be primarily responsible for the drugs, and there are a lot of them!
From our very first meeting with Dr Talabian, my partner and I felt that she was very kind and honest about what the IVF process would be like and what our chances were. She has been available to talk on weekends, has helped us with navigating the drug and insurance issues we faced, and has been there through our triumphs and set backs alike. I feel like I have a supportive team member under her care, and that the team at CCRM is looking out for me.
I did an estradiol patch post ovulation, then 2 weeks of dexathemsome tablets, menapur injectables, and Lupron. In the evening I injected Gonal F and Lupron. Then we did the egg retrieval. The first round gave 2 blasts but neither were successfull. We will try one more round of egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: julie)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM was very good in that they really take care of you every step of the way. You didn't feel like you were going to fall through the cracks, and it's very easy to lose your way in IVF, there are so many small details you have to go through. The only draw back is that it is very expensive.
$18,000 injectables and retrieval. $10,000 freezing and transfer $400 in house blood work for ovulation test
We eSET. I feel the eSET makes a lot of sense, though I know that not all clinics feel that way. Dr Talabian explained the benefits of eSET and my partner and I agreed that it was the best option for us.
CCRM New York

CCRM is the gold standard in medical care. I've been told many times that they are the most expensive - but the saying really is true....you get what you pay for. The doctors are all top notch, every appointment I had ran on time and the facility is very nice. I also GREATLY appreciated that morning monitoring was on an appointment basis.... My only complaint is that I never actually met my dedicated nurse in person
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
I am so happy to be in the care of Dr. Knopman. She is very positive without overpromising results. She clearly set cautious expectations and was 100% correct in her prediction every step of the way throughout the stimulation and retrieval process. Dr. Knopman had to break the news to us about my Diminished Ovarian Reserve (my AMH is incredibly low for a 33 yr old) and was aggressive and direct about her recommended course of treatment. While overwhelming at first, I am glad she pushed us to act quickly. We will be working towards "banking" embryos now so there will hopefully be the possibility to have a child now as well as another a few years in the future. Without this aggressive action, I don't think we would be able to have children in a few years since my egg reserve will only get worse.
Go see Dr. Knopman! Come prepared with a list of questions and be ready to ask them all!
CCRM provides incredibly thorough yet caring service - better than any other experience I've had with a doctor or medical professional. Both Dr. Knopman and the nurses are very accessible by email and phone and were ready to answer any and all questions I had throughout the process.
Standard Antagonist protocol. When I was slow to respond to Gonal-F and Menopur, she added Clomid which seemed to kick start things a bit.
My only complaint is that I never actually met my dedicated nurse in person. That said, on monitoring days I regularly met with many of the other nurses and was able to ask them any questions I had. My nurse was always very responsive to email questions - literally within a few hours, if not minutes of my outreach.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is the gold standard in medical care. I've been told many times that they are the most expensive - but the saying really is true....you get what you pay for. The doctors are all top notch, every appointment I had ran on time and the facility is very nice. I also GREATLY appreciated that morning monitoring was on an appointment basis. I started a new job with an incredibly busy schedule during my stimulation process so would not have been able to do so had I needed to wait hours each morning for bloodwork/ultrasound.
Each retrieval round is around $20,000 and then medication costs are on top of that. Due to my Diminished Ovarian Reserve, I needed higher doses of the stimulation drugs for a longer than average period of time, driving up the cost even more.
Committed to eSET.
CCRM New York

She [Dr. Talebian] and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer...answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband...I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience
Nursing staff and the entire team [at CCRM New York] was excellent. Went out of their way to be friendly, call you by name, ask how you were doing and feeling. Can't say enough good things...We felt like we were in good hands with each of them and every visit was timely. The waiting room is peaceful and clean...I never once felt like a number- and I was at this practice for over a year. Every visit the entire staff treated me as a person and spoke to me by name and greeted me with the warmest smiles.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience. I believe that Dr. Talebian was instrumental in our success and we would not be where we are today without her. From day one she looked at me as a person that she could help have success and she never wavered from that belief; even when I myself did. She never gave up on my case. She was reassuring and took time to explain things in person, on email, and on the phone every time I reached out and needed reassurance, encouragement or an explanation. She was beyond patient. Advice- don’t be afraid to ask questions and do that over googling. The internet is scary and often times wrong. Trust her and believe in her. She knows what she’s doing. She will tell your her POV and guide you- let her.
Trust in her and don't be afraid to ask questions or for an explanation of how things work. She is super knowledgeable and knowing the facts will help reassure you.
I never once felt like a number- and I was at this practice for over a year. Every visit the entire staff treated me as a person and spoke to me by name and greeted me with the warmest smiles. I was never rushed through and every doctor, nurse, receptionist I saw was top notch. Dr. Talebian answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband.
We started with letrozole and then moved to an IUI before doing IVF.
Nursing staff and the entire team was excellent. Went out of their way to be friendly, call you by name, ask how you were doing and feeling. Can't say enough good things.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I believe this clinic is amazing and very different from many in NY that are more like factories. I have had friends who had insanely long wait times, never saw their actual doctor, had information prescribed wrong etc. and that is not the case here. We saw our doctor at almost every visit and if not, we saw one of the other three doctors who are all amazing. We felt like we were in good hands with each of them and every visit was timely. The waiting room is peaceful and clean.
She and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer
CCRM New York

We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine...always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork [at CCRM New York]... is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem... They [nurses] are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
From the moment we met Dr. Brian Levine my husband & I knew right from the start we made a great choice. We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
If you have any questions Dr. Levine always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
DR. LEVINE TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN OUR OPTIONS AND ALWAYS ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS, NEVER FELT RUSHED & WAS COMPASSIONATE ABOUT MY SITUATION.
Describe the protocols Brian Levine used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
We first did an IUI unfortunately did not work on the first try. Since I have done previous IUI's at a different clinic my husband & I agreed to go through IVF. My eggs were retrieved & were frozen. Prior to the retrieval I was on Menopur, Gonal F, & Cetrocide. I was on two months of Lupron (induced menopause) pror to my egg transfer recommended by Dr. Levine since I had severe endometriosis. After egg transfer I had progesterone oil shots, estrogen patches, &progesterone suppositories. After this cycle I am happy to say I am currently eight weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana Greenberg & Elizabeth)
Elana, Liz, Jenny, Stephanie, & embryologist were exceptional. They are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Levine at CCRM New York.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork, my insurance unfortunately does not cover ivf.
Describe Brian Levine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
Due to having a history of stage 4 endometriosis and having a great egg quality, Dr. Levine recommended to have one embryo transferred as opposed to two which might put me at a higher risk.
CCRM New York

Dr Knopman listened to what we had experienced at another clinic, gave feed back, ideas and plans from the first time we met. The protocol was based on doing something different to get a better result which made me feel like my health and needs were being acknowledged in a new way....Dr. Knopman is positive and direct. She greets me every appointment with a caring question and tells me what she’s seeing as she goes. She personally called me when the one embryo which was created came back normal from genetic testing and was genuinely thrilled.
CCRM only accepts one type of insurance, so everything is out of pocket. The pricing seemed in line to what I have seen and read from other practices in NYC....The location is fantastic and just next to the “Hope” sign in midtown. The waiting room is much more inviting than some other offices: view of time square, natural light, snacks and beverages. There isn’t much of a secondary waiting room, just 3 chairs to use if you have to wait between BW and US. Typically there isn’t a wait or it’s just a minute or so.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is positive and direct. She greets me every appointment with a caring question and tells me what she’s seeing as she goes. She personally called me when the one embryo which was created came back normal from genetic testing and was genuinely thrilled. She has stated she loves the OR and Ultrasound and her enthusiasm comes through.
Dr. Knopman runs monitoring appointments on Tuesday mornings. On other mornings her fellow Drs will see you and are all great. Dr. Knopman will answer all your questions and refer you specialists to gain more incite to your health. I really appreciated her point of view and partnership in finding new solutions for my fertility journey.
After reviewing our disappointment in the 3 rounds done at a previous clinic, Dr Knopman immediately started asking questions and coming up with new ideas. Number 1: mirror my first cycle by starting a 2 week round of birth control Number 2: noting the PCOS, begin taking Metformin, Shot protocol: 175 Follistim, add menopur and ganerelix after 6 days. Trigger was both HCG and Lupron but split into am and pm doses. We got 19 eggs, only 1 made it to blast on day 6 and was genetically tested. Test came back normal!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
Everyone I have met has taken time to sit and answer questions. They’ve been friendly and well versed on procedures.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The location is fantastic and just next to the “Hope” sign in midtown. The waiting room is much more inviting than some other offices: view of time square, natural light, snacks and beverages. There isn’t much of a secondary waiting room, just 3 chairs to use if you have to wait between BW and US. Typically there isn’t a wait or it’s just a minute or so. The exam rooms can be a little cold in the winter. It’s great to only come to 1 office for everything meetings, monitoring, and procedures.
CCRM only accepts one type of insurance, so everything is out of pocket. The pricing seemed in line to what I have seen and read from other practices in NYC. The first consult has a charge of a few hundred dollars but it covers the consult, BW and US.
CCRM New York

We had two consultations with Dr. Talebian before starting with treatment. I was able to directly email her through the course of us deciding next steps and she got back to me quickly. Through our conversations she mentioned a few things that showed she understands the emotional and physical side to doing cycles....She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear.
I feel communication and organization is a weak point for the coordinators. Since I have been through several cycles (at another clinic) I knew what to expect at the steps along the way. I found myself asking the nurses and coordinator for information that they should have been telling me....CCRM was very detailed with billing. They shared a lined item list of each step of the cycle and cost. There was a list of extra services as well that you could add to the cost. Total IVF cost was 24k not including medication.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
We came to see Dr. Talebian after completing 3 failed cycles with another clinic. I wasn't sure if we would get turned away since we had some failures but instead she was pleasantly positive. She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear. She was relatable and empathized with all the life style changes we have had to make in the past year. She understood the need to keep life as normal as possible and gave the OK on things we had previously cut out because of IVF. I never felt rushed or that any question was silly.
Come with questions- she will answer all of them.
estrogren priming (about 1 week) oral steriod Clomid 10 days Menupor 150 Gonal 300 Centrotide HCG 10,000 iu trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: yes but I didn't always deal with her)
I feel communication and organization is a weak point for the coordinators. Since I have been through several cycles (at another clinic) I knew what to expect at the steps along the way. I found myself asking the nurses and coordinator for information that they should have been telling me. I was giving them personal information twice because they said they didn't have it (but I had given to someone else) One visit they thought I was only getting blood, no sonogram and only knew I needed the sonogram because I said something. Even after discussing it they thought I was on a different day of stims. All instructions are emailed through their portal which is very nice to not be on edge waiting for a phone and thinking you might miss it. It is easy to print the email and then have a checklist of meds until your next visit. The only set back is if when you don't get a message. Once I called because it was 4:30 and I still hadn't gotten my instructions. The nurse said she already sent it and I just didn't receive. So you still have to be on top of that. Although their are a few setbacks overall the staff is very friendly and willing to help.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Morning monitoring are scheduled appointments and are usually called within 5-10 mins of appointment time. If you want to see your doctor for monitoring you have to tell them when making the appointment. If not, you just see the doctor covering AM monitoring. If you know you are going for blood and ultrasound and a nurse tells you differently question it. They could have inaccurate information. Although the clinic is on the smaller side, confusion can still happen!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM New York.
I spoke to different people over the course of a week in an effort to obtain my generic blood results. Had to ask for partners prescription to be called in.
CCRM New York

CCRM is well run and efficient. The different departments (front desk, nursing, doctors, billing) seem to be well coordinated and communicate well. You make an appointment for monitoring so there is generally little waiting around beforehand though on occasion the wait time for the ultrasound portion would be long.... A couple of minor issues: in one instance, an AMH test had to be redone due to a lab error. In another, a miscommunication by one of the nurses that was corrected upon following up about it.
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Dr. Choi is incredibly empathetic and compassionate. She listens to my concerns and questions. She’s also been willing to adjust my course of treatment to try to better maximize the outcome. After three egg retrievals, I had only one day-5 blastocyst. Given this, she adjusted the transfer cycle to perform additional testing typical only undertaken after a failed embryo transfer. Rather than risk my one embryo, I appreciated the proactive approach to do the extra testing beforehand.
Be armed with questions before appointments. The office appointments are the best time to be able to discuss with her directly so it’s important to be prepared.
Dr. Choi always took the time to explain things thoroughly and consider my input.
First retrieval: traditional cycle with menopur and gonal, and cetrotide added halfway through. Lupron trigger at the end. This yielded 4 eggs and one pgs normal blastocyst. Second retrieval: Lupron protocol to try to increase egg count. This resulted in greatest drop off between number of eggs (5) and number mature/fertilized (2). No blastocysts. Third retrieval: back to the original menopur, gonal and cetrotide protocol though the amounts of menopur and gonal were slightly different. This yielded 6 eggs (5 mature), 4 fertilized but no blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Nursing team was excellent. Extremely responsive to questions both through the online portal and over the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
Complete cycle was around $22,000 with meds an additional $6,000-$8,000.

2019, 6 Eggs Frozen
I decided to see Dr. Choi because I really liked her manner and tone. She had a very calming air about her and seemed to be very sensitive to my needs. ... She was so thorough and really took the time to get to know me and explain the process fully. She made me feel totally at ease with my decision to freeze eggs. She was compassionate but also very straight forward which I really admire. I had a wonderful experience with her.
The clinic [CCRM NY] was really pleasant and really prompt and timely for the most part which I really respect. It’s really nice when you actually get seem at your appointment time! They made the whole experience as comfortable and easy as possible. ... The nursing staff was great as well. They communicated when they said they would and were always available to answer any questions. I also had one of the nurses coming to help me with injections nightly and she was so nice, she really went out of her way to help me!
How was your experience with Janet Choi at CCRM New York?
Let me start by saying I think all the doctors at CCRM are really the best out there. I decided to see Dr. Choi because I really liked her manner and tone. She had a very calming air about her and seemed to be very sensitive to my needs. I went to an information session put on by the doctors and then followed up with a consultation with Dr. Choi and after both I knew I made the right decision with the practice and the doctor I decided to see. She was so thorough and really took the time to get to know me and explain the process fully. She made me feel totally at ease with my decision to freeze eggs. She was compassionate but also very straight forward which I really admire. I had a wonderful experience with her.
Don’t look at any other practice, go to CCRM and see Dr. Choi.
I was really happy with the time Dr. Choi and the rest of he CCRM team spent with me. They were always there to answer all my questions and help every step of the way, they all made me feel very comfortable.
Dr. Choi came up with my hormone treatment based on my blood work and initial ultrasound and adjust as she felt she needed to as I continued to go for blood work and ultrasounds throughout the process. I never questioned the decisions she was making along the way.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic was really pleasant and really prompt and timely for the most part which I really respect. It’s really nice when you actually get seem at your appointment time! They made the whole experience as comfortable and easy as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Choi at CCRM New York.
I would say the cost are about average for treatment. The medications cost me $2,564.00 after insurance and the procedure was $10,090.00.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward.... Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she [Dr. Talebian] was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path
The nursing staff [CCRM New York] is amazing - led by Lori, they personally take time to learn your name, and always greet you with a smile... Strengths are everyone on the staff, they are all trying to work with you and not just find a way to "trick you" with services you may not need (which happened at other NYC clinic) The biggest weakness would be that they don't accept many major insurances which in this field could lead many patients away.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
As I mentioned previously, we did not feel like a number with CCRM. Compared to a few other clinics, the Dr-patient interaction is amazing. Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward. For a brief period (due to insurance coverage) we left CCRM and after a few months with a new dr, I had to return back to Dr. Talebian's care.
Give her all the details and be open and honest with your treatment expectations. She may not always say what you'd like to hear but you feel validated that she has reviewed your information and is giving you the best options to a possible new approach
From our first consult, Dr. Talebian was able to give us her past experience at working at other NYC clinics (like RMA who we had previously went to) and describe in a very sensitive way how CCRM operates a little differently and her approach for my treatment. Throughout our time with her she has been available via phone and email and responds in a very timely manner. She is invested in our case and with every roadblock has given us options that work best for us to successfully move forward.
Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: JAMIE WALSH/MELISSA KORNBLAU)
The nursing staff is amazing - led by Lori, they personally take time to learn your name, and always greet you with a smile and a simple "hi how are you doing today" (which is more than at many other clinics) Since I have been there for a while, the nurses now know that although my veins can be challenging they know exactly how to get it done efficiently (there was even a new nurse drawing my blood, and Lori came over to show her where is the best place on my arm) We also worked with Jamie Walsh who was great with emails and contact
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Have not had an embryo transfer, although she was pretty straightforward in her belief to transfer single
minor issue of not calling with results - only 1 time

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Knopman never made me feel like just a patient - it always felt that I got the BEST care and attention from her compared to all other medical professionals in my life!... Knopman educated me on all the pros and cons of each step along the way... This field is actually still new with developments every few months and they seem on top of all of that. If something doesn't feel right, ask questions... with Dr Knopman, you can actually FEEL how happy her nurses and admin staff are
Great staff and doctors at CCRM NY. Frankly, because they dont take insurance, they not nearly as busy...This might change but what this means is it doesn't feel like a "factory" like others... Let's just point out that the staff, embryologists and lab at CCRM NY are perhaps the best in the world. Its so new that everything is latest and state of the art (not to mention it FEELS this way when you are there), unlike lots of other places
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Before I say anything, if you're reading this, you're probably worried about where to go. Let's just point out that the staff, embryologists and lab at CCRM NY are perhaps the best in the world. Its so new that everything is latest and state of the art (not to mention it FEELS this way when you are there), unlike lots of other places. Also -- I'm a success story of Knopman's. A 2 year old (5day frozen) and pregnant with #2 --also frozen. Ok let's start with Knopman's staff. Many doctors are really difficult to their staff-- but with Dr Knopman, you can actually FEEL how happy her nurses and admin staff are! (dont you want to go to a place where everyone is happy and taken care of??) Let's talk about the care and attention. Knopman is aware of every piece of research and development in this field and uses this with her patients and practice. When she is dealing with you, it is with a really unusual and great balance of empathetic but also informative. The time and energy she puts into every patient is pretty incredible. Dr Knopman is a smart, savvy, kind, compassionate woman -- and mom herself, which I swear makes a difference. She also donates a ton of her time to providing care for women that can't afford fertility --because lets be honest, it's a big issue.
Tell her as much as you can -- every piece of information can help! and they want to know!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Whitney)
I actually cried on my last day at CCRM because the staff had been SO kind with every single visit (and there are a lot). This is NOT the case at RMA...where half the time everyone just seemed miserable to be there.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Great staff and doctors at CCRM NY. Frankly, because they dont take insurance, they not nearly as busy...This might change but what this means is it doesn't feel like a "factory" like others (this is how I felt at RMA).
CCRM New York
[Dr. Jaime Knopman] always knew me and my personal situation and information. She was incredibly caring, and yet reassuring and positive, especially when delivering bad news...she was able to deeply connect with me as a single mum patient. Jamie totally understood my infertility issues and was connected to my gynecologist to ensure she fully understood my case. I felt like Jamie always had the right level of empathy alongside being authoritarian and "commanded" the situation which you want your doctor to do.
[CCRM New York WAS] Compassionate, responsive, personal, clean, convenient, friendly. Could contact them via email or phone easily. The portal was great. Took the extra time to explain something if I requested. I had insurance, but if I didn't it would probably be extremely expensive...an incredible team, a lot of credit goes to the nurses and other staff.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
As a female doctor, she was able to deeply connect with me as a single mum patient. Jamie totally understood my infertility issues and was connected to my gynecologist to ensure she fully understood my case. I felt like Jamie always had the right level of empathy alongside being authoritarian and "commanded" the situation which you want your doctor to do. Also, Jamie is supported by an incredible team, a lot of credit goes to the nurses and other staff.
Trust the information the nursing team and Jamie give you, don't waste time - or cloud your brain - looking at blogs on the internet. If you ever have a question, just call CCRM and they will go over and above to support. Know that you're seeing one of the best of the best, and just trust the process.
Jamie always knew me and my personal situation and information. She was incredibly caring, and yet reassuring and positive, especially when delivering bad news.
First egg retrieval was very soon after my initial consultation, with the intention of getting my eggs out for freezing ASAP. I wasn't 100% sure yet if I wanted to try to conceive via donor, but having eggs frozen meant I was getting them out as young as possible. Then, 5/6 months later when I was ready to begin creating embryos and I had selected donor sperm, we attempted to create embryos however all 9 frozen eggs did not create viable embryos. Therefore, we had to do another egg retrieval, but because I had the donor sperm we could create embryos from fresh eggs. This was more successful and resulted in 5 embryos. The first attempt was a fairly grueling routine of medication to "trick" my body into thinking it was pregnant, approx a 10 week preparation. Unfortunately, it was not successful and was quite surprising to Dr Knopman. So, to change things up (and knowing there were 4 more embryos) we decided to do a more natural process and do a transfer alongside one of my cycles. It was perhaps a little bit of a "hail Mary" attempt, and we had discussed the likelihood of it being successful and the likely next steps of further surgery. However, this second attempt did work and I was lucky that it resulted in a pregnancy then birth of a healthy - beautiful! - baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
All of the nurses, not just Liz, were absolutely awesome and really can be credited just as much as Dr Knopman for my positive experience of CCRM. This includes non-medical support staff such as Stephanie in the admin team.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I was covered under insurance (Progyny) so it cost me a lot less than the average patient - without the insurance, I would not have been able to afford it.
As a single mum to be I did not want multiples, and was reassured that it was not necessary to do a multiple transfer, and was probably not the best option for me given my medical status.
CCRM New York
We had a great experience with Dr. Talebian, as she showed compassion balanced with her honest opinion about our chances for success. She was able to provide a course of treatment and additional testing that was different from our previous clinics. She is very response via email, even on the weekends....strongly encouraged that I transfer 2 PGD tested embryos during one cycle based on my long history of failures. This approach was not successful as I did not get pregnant on this cycle.
[CCRM New York clinic] Strengths: limited waiting time for monitoring or procedures is a big one, quality of lab and personal care from doctors. Weaknesses: expensive, is considered out of network for all insurance companies and required to pay up front and submit to insurance on your own...I never had an issue with asking any questions, ordering medication or receiving my instructions [from the nurses at CCRM].
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Ensure you doing your own research and be your own advocate, this is for all infertility treatment and not just with Dr. Talebian
Dr. Talabian was very responsive and seemed to have a vested interest in my treatment outcome.
For egg retrieval, birth control and metformin prior to injectable drugs for PCOS, resulted in higher quality eggs. For transfer added 2 months of Lupron Depot for suspected Endometriosis, blood thinner for Factor IV and steroid for possible autoimmune response. Adding the blood thinner and steriod, plus the metformin prior to transfer helped me become pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York.
Honestly I don't remember much about my nurse expect for them emailing instructions daily, but I never had an issue with asking any questions, ordering medication or receiving my instructions.
$30K+
Dr. Talebian strongly encouraged that I transfer 2 PGD tested embryos during one cycle based on my long history of failures. This approach was not successful as I did not get pregnant on this cycle.
CCRM New York
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly...is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here...He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
CCRM NY is conveniently located in midtown, has excellent hours to accommodate work schedules, is a beautiful environment with state of the art equipment. The waiting area and patient rooms are bright and sunny. The operating area is beautiful. It is by far the nicest doctors office I have ever been to. I give it an A+...The nursing staff at CCRM is all star...They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind...3 IUI - all medicated - none worked Egg retrieval with medication and PICSI (14 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5 embryos, 2 genetically screened ok - one of which is our daughter and one frozen embryo).
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here. He is very focused on continuing to have a game plan which is important when you are going through infertility. You need a next step and hope! He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
Trust the process. It may not always work the first try. We had 3 failed IUI, but Dr Levine’s plan worked and I was pregnant within 9 months of my first visit to CCRM NY.
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly. Dr Levine and CCRM also understood that I worked an intense job throughout the process and their hours and staff are accommodating to very early appointments etc. it was a pleasure being in their care.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff at CCRM is all star. They have excellent hours to accommodate work schedules (I did most appointments before 9am). They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I was lucky that insurance reimbursed for a lot of the medicine. I believe the IUIs were $1500-2000 each and the egg retrieval was around $15k - $20k and the FET was around $5k. This does not include the medicine which was an additional cost but insurance mostly covered.
Dr Levine encouraged us to transfer one embryo due to the quality of the embryo and fact I had not been pregnant before - this approach was worth it as it worked.
CCRM New York
He [Dr. Brian Levine] was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated...I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state...He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
From the moment you walk in the door [at CCRM NY], you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
There isn't one weakness to mention of Dr. Brian Levine. Dr. Levine is an ABSOLUTE miracle worker. I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state of Florida. He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
Trust in his plan for you as he is the absolute best.
I had been to a clinic in Florida prior to arriving to CCRM and Dr. Brian Levine. I came to Dr. Levine quite beat down and broken feeling that I would never become pregnant. Dr. Levine took over 3 hours with me on my initial consultation and kept in constant contact with me throughout my time with him. He was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff was extremely accessible. They would reach out to me within minutes of me writing to them through the portal or calling them. They were caring, compassionate, educated, and extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The most caring and amazing clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
We only elected for one as he stated that was the safest route for me to go and I had a strong embryo to transfer so he felt that was the most important part to the puzzle.
CCRM New York
Dr. Knopman is very direct and straightforward. She does not hand hold. It is incumbent upon the patient to do their research, she does not go into detail about certain plans and treatments, but does offer those plans as suggestions.... Understand that she is not warm and fuzzy. She is direct, thorough and transparent. If you need a warm and fuzzy doctor, she isn't the right fit for you. Know that you need to do your research and understand your case and continue to educate yourself along the way.
Strengths [of CCRM NY]: Lab, Accessibility, Finance Department, Care, Ease to correspondence, Nurse staff, front desk staff, embryology team Weakness: Open-mindedness to changing protocols, they have their routine protocols and start everyone with the same generic protocol. Could have also used more help in finding outside resources and reading materials.... Egg retrieval ~$17,000 including monitoring, bloodwork, ICSI, CCS/PGS testing.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman is very direct and straightforward. She does not hand hold. It is incumbent upon the patient to do their research, she does not go into detail about certain plans and treatments, but does offer those plans as suggestions. I think one of the hardest parts of going through IVF is the education that grows deeper at every stage and the understanding that it's not up to your doctor to give you that education. Your doctor is part of your support system but they aren't your only support system. Their role is clearly defined and Dr. Knopman stays within those boundaries. She is compassionate and accessible when necessary. She doesn't respond to every email, but not every email is always necessary for her to respond to. She includes nurses and other staff when questions are better suited for those individuals. She is not warm and fuzzy but she is kind. It took some adjusting for me to get used to this style, but I am definitely better off for this because I need the truth and along this long, long road I don't need someone sugar coated things. I trust her.
Understand that she is not warm and fuzzy. She is direct, thorough and transparent. If you need a warm and fuzzy doctor, she isn't the right fit for you. Know that you need to do your research and understand your case and continue to educate yourself along the way. Direct beats unrealistic expectations in my book.
In the beginning, I think it's hard for doctors to know how long it will take for their patients to become pregnant, so Dr. Knopman wasn't overly friendly or accessible. After my first failed transfer, she kicked things into high gear and has been nothing but incredibly kind, reliable, transparent and accessible. We've experienced the highs and lows together (there have been few highs) and she is clearly invested in my journey.
After my first egg retrieval, we realized that I had a major issue with egg quality and maturity. Going into my next retrieval, Dr. Knopman had me change my diet, take a ton of supplements, and introduced Microdose Lupron into my protocol. It drastically changed my results. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues having embryos make it to blast in large numbers, but we certainly improved my egg maturity.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Strengths: Lab, Accessibility, Finance Department, Care, Ease to correspondence, Nurse staff, front desk staff, embryology team Weakness: Open-mindedness to changing protocols, they have their routine protocols and start everyone with the same generic protocol. Could have also used more help in finding outside resources and reading materials.
Egg retrieval ~$17,000 including monitoring, bloodwork, ICSI, CCS/PGS testing. Transfer ~$4800
CCRM New York
Dr. Talebian always takes time to ask me about my life and how I'm doing as a human being outside of fertility issues. She's warm, caring, yet blunt and rational. The perfect fit for my style.... Dr. Talebian went out of her way to answer all of our questions, discuss the details of our protocol and what to expect and she was incredibly kind every step of the way. I also appreciated the fact that when the news she had to give wasn't the best, she was very rational and discussed all the options with us.
I can't say enough about this team [CCRM New York]. Regardless of the outcome of this cycle, they have always been well organized, highly communicative and so incredibly kind.... When we were first assigned to the coordinator, she provided conflicting information about our protocol, but the nurses quickly followed up and corrected everything.... Dr. Talebian always takes time to ask me about my life and how I'm doing as a human
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Be in the driver's seat. Dr. Talebian is fantastic, but ultimately, this is your journey and if you come with well researched questions, thoughts, ideas, Dr. Talebian will be receptive.
We are still in the process of a donor egg cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff is fantastic (especially Julie!). We were originally assigned to a patient coordinator who wasn't the best fit for us (she talked a lot and said very little, if you know what I mean). But it was as if Dr. Talebian and the nursing team picked up on this and we quickly moved to working with just the nursing team.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I can't say enough about this team. Regardless of the outcome of this cycle, they have always been well organized, highly communicative and so incredibly kind. To be known by name when I walk in the door means so much during such a stressful time!
I don't recall, we are very lucky to have incredible insurance.
We mutually decided on a single embryo transfer. The one thing I would have changed is to have opted out of PGS, but we made the best decision we could with the information we had at the time.
CCRM New York
Great communication [from nurses] throughout our time at CCRM!...We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever...The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate... do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance...After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process...he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We came to Dr. Levine after trying to conceive for several years without much success. Dr. Levine is a physician and scientist, and he found the right way to communicate with both my husband and me from the very beginning. He explained things in great detail and at no point, I felt confused about the process or about the next steps. Because it was our first time seeing a RE, he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process. As an academic myself, this was very important to me, as I knew I didn’t have time to read all the relevant scientific literature on the protocols and procedures we were about to experience. Dr. Levine performed my egg retrieval procedure, which was flawless. I experienced minimal side effects and there were much more eggs retrieved than I anticipated. The pre-op and post-op communication was amazing. Dr. Levine is very well connected and has amazing contacts in the NYC area. As I developed thyroid issues early in my pregnancy he recommended a great list of endocrinologists that I could choose from, based on my health insurance coverage and preference. He also recommended a long list of great OBGYNs at graduation and made sure I checked out to an OBGYN he trusted upon graduation. Dr. Levine’s skills, combined with his sense of humor and vast experience make it easy and fun to work with him, which is incredibly important given how stressful fertility journeys can get. I recommended Dr. Levine to everything I knew was struggling with fertility (at other clinics).
If you’re considering seeing a fertility specialist, do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance.
Dr. Levine has a very personalized approach to diagnosis and treatment. My husband and I appreciated his approach starting with IUIs and moving on to IVF when the less invasive options failed, ultimately achieving success. He was always accessible by phone or email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Laurie and another nurse whose name I forgot! I am a very hard stick and they were a blessing!)
Great communication throughout our time at CCRM!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is located within walking distance from my place, which was amazing given the number of visits throughout our time at CCRM. The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate.
We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever.
CCRM New York

She [Dr. Talebian] provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!...During my first visit, we discussed retrieval and donor she explained each protocol and allowed me and my husband to weigh out our options...I never felt rushed or pushed in either direction. The information she provided us helped make our decision and most importantly we never felt judged.
she [the nurse at CCRM New York] explained the steps, set up my calendar and made everything easy!...The costs seemed fair and at times were adjusted if money was tight...I can't remember any weaknesses I just remember they were on time, efficient and friendly... They were very flexible in terms of fitting me in if I was running late or needed to reschedule which was most of the time!...staff treated me with the utmost tenderness.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My experience was stellar with Dr. Talbien. She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!
GO GO GO see her if you want a baby!
Dr. Talebian was amazing throughout my whole IVF treatment I always felt cared for and secure ...whether it be during business hours or the weekend my concerns and questions were answered right away. Dr. Talebian and her staff treated me with the utmost tenderness. She provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...I even recommended her to my dearest friend who struggled almost 10 years to have a child and as I write now she like me are enjoying the new title of mommy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Walsh)
Jaime was incredible she like Dr. Talebian made me feel like a VIP....she explained the steps, set up my calendar and made everything easy!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The costs seemed fair and at times were adjusted if money was tight.

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts...When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable...We discussed [with Dr. Talebian] new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us.
The team at CCRM NY is amazing. Every single person working there is dedicated to their work and you can tell that it is important to them. Also one of our favorite departments is Amanda, who is the insurance coordinator. If you ever wanted someone to go to bat for you against the terrible insurance companies she is the one you want. We called her our secret weapon, she was fierce!...Both the Doc and the staff became like family. They knew us by the sound of our voice on the phone and they never once let my husband feel like any less of a man let alone a number.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My husband and I were referred to Dr. Talebian after several failed attempts at IUI and IVF. When we first met the Doc we were at a point of feeling broken and hopeless. My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts. The plan was for him to produce eggs that I would carry. As soon as we sat down with the Doc we knew we were in the right spot. She never lied or filled our hearts with false hopes, but she did make it clear that she wasn't willing to give up until we were holding our baby. As many who have traveled this road know it is not easy, it's an emotional rollercoaster and very personal. It is the most vulnerable who will ever feel. You sit there and discuss yourself in full detail and can't help but feel like you're a failure because you can't do what "normal" people do. The Doc never made us feel like failures, not even when outcomes beyond anyone's control weren't what we hoped or planned for. When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable the Doc shared in our tears, but never let us feel like that was the end. We discussed new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us. She never left us in the dark and we never felt alone. She made us feel comfortable with every step, test and procedure. She was so dedicated to us that even after being dragged on the ground by a taxi, the morning of my retrieval, she got her head stitched up and walked into the room ready to make a baby for us. She said nothing was going to stop her from making this happen. I don't know any Dr. who would do that for their patients, so we really felt more like friends. Everyone who has done IVF treatments knows the daily testing that needs to happen, we happily drove from NJ into NYC, in stupid amounts of traffic every day to be a part of the Dr Talebian team. With her help and determination we were blessed to get pregnant with our daughter born this January. We still keep up with the Doc and send her pics and updates all the time. We could have never done this without her. And to think 2 years ago when we walked in her office we thought it was never going to happen and now we have a beautiful baby girl and 2 fertilized eggs still left to try for number 2!
I would say to be open and honest about everything, even if you don't think it makes any difference. Lay it all out on the table, the Doc will never judge you.
The process of Infertility all on its own is extremely personal, intimate and difficult. Now add in that you have a Trans husband who is also trying to add as much as he can into the making of our child, only to find out the he is sterile after 3 IVF attempts. For him to step into what is ultimately the female side of infertility requires an extreme amount of trust with the Doctor and staff that will be caring for him. This just would not have been possible if it weren't for Dr Talebian or "Doc" as we like to call her. Both the Doc and the staff became like family. They knew us by the sound of our voice on the phone and they never once let my husband feel like any less of a man let alone a number.
The Doc communicated with our previous Fertility Dr. so that she did not duplicate what did not work already. She then discussed it with other Dr's at CCRM to come up with the best course of action for us. Between the 2 of us we went thru 4 IVF cycles and I went thru many IUI's. I could tell you every drug protocol we used, but the truth is that we tried them all until one worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The staff at CCRM NY became like our morning coffee clutch. We shared stories, hopes, worries, smiles and tears. They new us by the sound of our voice when we called in and we called A LOT, but they never cared. We would always apologize for calling with so many questions and they always assured us that we could call as many times as we needed to feel comfortable. We never felt like a number, which was very important to us. They were gentle with the hundreds of times they took blood and thank goodness because I am extremely squeamish. It was actually bitter sweet when we walked out of there on week 10, so happy to be pregnant, but sad to be saying good bye to a staff that we had spent so much time with.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
An IVF cycle ran about $21,000 and IUI cycle ran $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how long your cycle lasted.
Being that it took us so long to get to pregnancy we were always in the mindset that we wanted to just put 2 in and hopefully get a jump start. However, when it came down to it and we thoroughly discussed it with the Doc we all decided that it was safest and most effective to do one at a time.