Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Vienna
8010 Towers Crescent Drive
Vienna, VA 22182
571-789-2100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Northern Virginia to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

3 doctors
The clinic's strength is in its small size, which makes them very patient-focused. I never felt that I was in an assembly-line environment, and I am happy I can see a doctor at every appointment. The same benefit applies to every other aspect, from the surgery team to the embryologists, to the front staff and financial staff... CCRM is slightly more expensive than another, large clinic I considered in the DC area... The weakness I have experienced have been mainly admin related, which likely is the result of the fact that the clinic is somewhat new
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic's strength is in its small size, which makes them very patient-focused. I never felt that I was in an assembly-line environment, and I am happy I can see a doctor at every appointment. The same benefit applies to every other aspect, from the surgery team to the embryologists, to the front staff and financial staff -- you get to speak with all of them directly, and they will remember you. The weakness I have experienced have been mainly admin related, which likely is the result of the fact that the clinic is somewhat new; sometimes calls are forwarded to the Denver office as a backup, but they can't book appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
The CCRM Northern Virginia practice is small and this makes it very personable. You see a doctor for every ultrasound appointment, which I found very comforting. Additionally, my doctor, Dr. Moragianni, has been available for most of these appointments -- another plus. I also noticed that she made an extra effort to see me at my ultrasounds when I began my IVF cycles. The surgery center for egg retrievals is on site (if you are in the VA office), which also helps keep a complex process less stressful. You get to see all of the nurses and staff at some point, and they often will remember your name if you see the more than once. They are all genuinely nice people who seem to care about and like what they are doing. Its reassuring to always see a friendly face when I am there. We are still in treatment, but even if things don't work out I do think I will leave feeling like I was well-cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Maureen is an excellent nurse, and as the first-line responder to my many questions she is usually able to get back to me same-day. The clinic has an email system for questions, but if you need a quicker response you can usually get a hold of her or another nurse on the phone as well. She genuinely cares about her patients and is great about checking in. You get to see all of the nurses and staff at some point, and they often will remember your name if you see the more than once. Even is very friendly, and when I need help with an injection timed near my appointment someone has always been available to help me. The phlebotomist, Mark, is an absolute magician -- I have yet to have a bruise! (and I usually do)
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Moragianni is very personable and I have felt very well taken care of during my treatment with her. She brings some lighthearted humor to the whole process, which helps with stress. I have never had difficulty in setting up consultations to see her during my treatment cycles when I needed them. She is patient in listening to my questions about the current state of research, medication, or voodoo supplements that could apply to/help my condition, and always gives candid but kind responses. She also does a great job of explaining the details if you are like me, and want to see and (try to) understand the numbers. She is also nearly always available to call me back quickly when I have questions, even if she is not in my office location that day. She also has always made sure to call me with the results of my pregnancy tests and embryo CCS results, which I appreciated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. Dr. Moragianni will take the time to kindly explain things to you if you want the details.
Describe the protocols Vasiliki Moragianni used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
I suffer from lean PCOS, so Dr. Moragianni started me on Letrozole with Ovidrel trigger shots for several TI cycles. These cycles all produced appropriate follicles, but I unfortunately did not conceive. I requested to move straight to IVF, and have completed two eggs retrievals. Dr. Moragianni used an antagonist protocol using Gonal-F and Menopur, with Cetrotide, and a Lupron trigger. Both cycles produced many mature eggs, and I had good fertilization rates with ICSI. Even though there was a steep drop-off in testable blastocysts, I did end up with CCS-normal embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM is slightly more expensive than another, large clinic I considered in the DC area. We have used health insurance benefits for our treatments thus far, however we had to pay out of pocket for the surgery center for egg retrievals and CCS testing. As I understand it, CCRM has slightly lower rates for self-pay patients, with an IVF cycle package with CCS testing (not including transfer and meds) costing a flat fee of about $10K.
Describe Vasiliki Moragianni's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I have not yet done an FET, but my understanding is that CCRM's policy for women my age is to transfer only a single CCS-normal embryo.
North VA

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.

The entire staff [CCRM N. VA] is warm, friendly, and greets me by name at every appointment, even as the center has grown. I have a great deal of trust in them and I feel they're all sincerely committed to the work they do. While their cycle price seems to be higher than many in the area, I appreciated that the entire financial and clinical process was clear and transparent, with zero surprise bills or add-ons.... My particular nurse is warm, compassionate, and always gets back in touch quickly when I contact her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The entire staff is warm, friendly, and greets me by name at every appointment, even as the center has grown. I have a great deal of trust in them and I feel they're all sincerely committed to the work they do. While their cycle price seems to be higher than many in the area, I appreciated that the entire financial and clinical process was clear and transparent, with zero surprise bills or add-ons. They told me upfront what their global fee is, what that fee covers, and when it would be due. They base their global fee on the clinical practices they believe lead to the best outcomes, which means I didn't have to debate whether to pay extra for 17 different line items (e.g., ICSI, assisted hatching, pre-implantation testing, etc.). And have I mentioned the friendliness? It's truly almost overwhelming.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
It's important to me to have a full understanding of my treatment and to discuss pros/cons of various protocol choices. Dr. Payson has always been willing to slow down and fully engage in these conversations with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
My particular nurse is warm, compassionate, and always gets back in touch quickly when I contact her. It's possible I would have fit better with a different nurse - mine tends to be fuzzy on the "why" questions I ask, whereas some of the other nurses who have covered for my primary nurse over vacations have had well-informed answers. Overall, the nursing staff is extraordinarily friendly, cheerful, and warm - the center clearly screens for personality in their interviews.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson can sometimes need a minute to "reset" and remember my exact case when he comes in the exam room, but once he does he's fully engaged and on top of every detail. His initial projections for me were slightly optimistic - it took us two cycles to reach what he hoped to accomplish in the first cycle - but he's been open about his thinking/planning/adjusting for my cycles throughout and willing to take my personal weighing of risks/benefits into account when making decisions about how aggressive to be in the treatment protocols. When I miscarried after my initial transfer he was very empathetic and talked me through all of my options for resolving the pregnancy and how each option might impact the timing and possible success of my next transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Ask questions - he's better at providing information in response to questions than in proactively offering the information. He's always given me full, respectful answers to any question I ask, but if I didn't ask him anything I might know almost nothing about my treatment or what's coming next.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
I don't remember enough of the terminology to describe the protocols accurately. I know that I did a more classic protocol in prepping for my first egg retrieval and then moved to a protocol more typically used for poor responders for my second retrieval. The second retrieval produced almost twice as many mature eggs as the first.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I paid out of pocket - zero insurance coverage. The clinic uses a global fee for cash patients. My egg retrieval cycles were approximately $14,000 each. Each transfer was $4,600. My medications (I was a poor responder) ran approximately $6-7000 per cycle.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
My doctor (and the practice as a whole) have a very strong preference for eSET. To bypass biopsy/testing or to transfer multiple embryos you need to sign specific consents saying that you're going against their recommendations.
North VA

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.

IVF, Surrogacy
[Costs at CCRM are] around 18k per cycle cost which includes CCS, additional fees for PGD, initial visit and testing around $1,500... I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases...I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track.
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track. I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases.
After a bad first experience at another clinic I was apprehensive going into this visit. But as soon as I met Dr. Payson I felt at ease. He really took the time to go over my medical history, and look into my genetic concerns. He made calls in advance of my visit to find out if/how he'd be able to help me. I felt a great sense of relief after meeting with him, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. Also did a an in-depth review of my medications and cleared each one, while also speaking to past medication use and how long I'd need to wait to start an IVF cycle.
Nurses have been great to work with, they are quick to ask how I'm doing in this process and able to change medications out for cheaper options. Very kind and informative and I've been able to ask lots of questions.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I felt in good hands, and very comfortable with Dr. Payson. He clearly explained his plan for me, and put me in touch with very qualified people that could handle my genetic issues. After having a previous bad experience at another clinic, I really felt at ease with Dr. Payson and CCRM. He explained everything very clearly, and it was obvious that he had taken the time to read my lengthy medical history. He also treated me with compassion and tried to make the process as simple as possible.
If you have a harder case or unique issues I'd really encourage you to seek out a second opinion here. I have felt in very good hands and like this process was made possible for me because of Dr. Payson and CCRM.
I felt like the protocols were unique to each patient here and my needs were really taken into account. My AMH was a little low so my protocol was 300 Gonal-F, and 200 Menopur per day. I haven't completed my cycle yet, but things were well explained to me, and if things need to be changed protocol wise I'm confident things will be tweeked. This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
eSET is the option here.
Vienna

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
[Nurses at CCRM Colorado were] Warm, friendly and always on time with next steps. Clear on all communications about protocols and prompt with answers to questions...The clinic was quiet, peaceful and clean. They were flexible if I was late and communicated clearly about when we'd see doctors, etc. Recovery and waiting rooms were decorated well...didn't feel austere. The only weakness would be its location.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
She is extremely patient and has a wonderful personality so her bedside manner was comforting and jovial. She was supportive and encouraging even when we chose options that were not statistically promising.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Valerie Cyrus)
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We can't say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Moragianni! After several unsuccessful IVF procedures at another popular fertility clinic in Northern Virginia, we decided to meet with Dr. Moragianni to see if she could offer us a different and more promising strategy. My husband and I are both in our mid and late forties so while we were very aware of the statistics, we still wanted to try everything. Dr. M spent an hour and a half with us during our first meeting and patiently explained all of our options in great detail but with warmth and care. It was such a wonderful experience that we immediately decided to start working with her. When we chose a path that was statistically not very promising, Dr. M was still extremely supportive and encouraging giving us the right amount of hope balanced with the facts. When that didn't work, we tried our next option and spent many months working with Dr. M to make our dreams a reality. In December of 2016, right before Christmas, we were told we were pregnant!!! She was as excited as we were and we enjoyed many special moments as we checked on our fetus and heard her heartbeat in early 2017. Our baby girl was born in August and we are overflowing with deep gratitude for all Dr. M did to bring her into this world. I will also add that as the primary patient, I am a bit high maintenance...lots of questions, lots of worries and a total wimp with medical procedures. Dr. M was so patient with me and used her charming personality to relax me and calm me down during some of the stressful episodes of our journey. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moragianni to anyone trying to conceive via IVF. I believe our relationship with her and her expertise and knowledge was instrumental to our success.
Enjoy a vastly different experience with her...as your trusted advisor, as your coach and as a caring professional.
I wish I could remember them all but I don't. I remember lots of shots and some pills during a stimulated cycle and then more shots and maybe some pills with preparing for a transfer.
For my age, Dr. Moragianni absolutely made the right decision. I got pregnant on our first transfer of a donor egg with my husband's sperm. If we had transferred two at my age, I know my pregnancy and delivery would be even more difficult. I am thankful to have a little girl and have my health in tact so I can take good care of her for many years.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The office [CCRM] seems a bit overwhelmed at times and I do not always hear back on the day that I call. Email communication has been great though.... Newer in my area but well established clinic in other areas of the country. Doesn't feel like a baby factory like some of the other clinics near me. Very nice facility with high quality doctors and staff.... Rates are comparable to other clinics in my area. Multiple plans were provided to choose from.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
She took the time during our first consult to go over everything in detail with us. I did not feel rushed. She is very calm and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen Hanton)
Very supportive and caring. The office seems a bit overwhelmed at times and I do not always hear back on the day that I call. Email communication has been great though.
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Did not have a condescending attitude like my previous provider. Made me feel comfortable choosing to go with her and the clinic for IVF. I trust her 100%.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She is more than happy to provide you all of the treatment information in detail.
I haven’t started treatment yet but I trust that the plan I’ve been provided will give me the best results compared to other ivf plans from other doctors. I think she chooses the best medications and practices, especially for safety and best possible outcomes. The monitoring will be very frequent and risk of OHSS very little.
My insurance doesn’t cover IVF so everything is out of pcket. Rates are comparable to other clinics in my area. Multiple plans were provided to choose from.
Based on my age and ovarian reserve, I was only given the option to transfer one embryo because the chances of success are so high. I believe this is the right decision for the safety of the mother and potential baby.
North VA

The clinic [CCRM] currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of...Little waiting time, clear explanations...I did not spend much time with the nursing staff but found them compentent and kind....The clinic is in the process of becoming part of insurance networks but was not at the time I went for a consultation.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of.
Little waiting time, clear explanations, had the doctor’s attention, took time to answer questions
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one. I don’t have any more to say and think it’s very silly that this form requires a minimum number of characters, which I apparently have not reached yet.
I froze my eggs five years ago. Based on my testing, Dr Payson recommended trying IVF with my current eggs before using the frozen ones because if the frozen ones were not successful, It would be several months later and the chance of success with my current eggs could be reduced.
I paid for all appointments and tests out of pocket